时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Oh,no. | 噢不是吧 |
[00:06] | What is it? | 什么事? |
[00:08] | I was daydreaming and now I can’t | 我刚在白日梦 |
[00:10] | remember if I shampooed my hair or not. | 忘记有没擦洗头水了 |
[00:14] | So? Do it again. | 那又怎样? 再擦吧 |
[00:16] | I can’t because if I washed already | 不行 因为如果我已经洗过了 |
[00:18] | and do it again,my hair will be too fluffy. | 再擦的话 头发会很蓬的 |
[00:21] | So don’t do it again. | 那就别擦 |
[00:24] | Well,what if I didn’t do it? | 那如果没擦怎么办? |
[00:25] | Then it’s gonna be too oily. | 那头发就会很油的 |
[00:28] | What? This is important. | 怎么? 这很重要啊 |
[00:30] | Yeah,it’s a real crisis. You want me | 对啊 真严重 |
[00:32] | to call in sick for you today,Ray? | 要我帮你你请病假吗 雷? |
[00:34] | I’m weird? How about the time | 我很怪么? 那你上次 |
[00:36] | you didn’t want to go outside… | 就因为觉得剪头发之后 |
[00:37] | because you thought your haircut | 显得你屁股大 |
[00:39] | made your butt look fat? | 连门都不肯出就不怪了? |
[00:43] | I’m the weird one? | 我才是个怪人? |
[00:54] | Hi,I’m Ray,and I live here in Long Island | 嗨 我是雷 跟老婆黛博拉 |
[00:57] | with my wife Debra. | 一起住在长岛 |
[00:58] | She’s great with the kids, | 她很会带孩子 |
[00:59] | the house,everything. | 很会收拾屋子 总之很能干 |
[01:01] | I don’t know how she does it. | 都不知道她怎么这么厉害 |
[01:03] | We’ve got a daughter Ally… | 我有个女儿艾丽 |
[01:05] | and twin two-year-old boys. | 还有一对两岁的双胞胎儿子 |
[01:09] | It’s not really about the kids. | 其实孩子不是最大问题 |
[01:11] | My parents live across the street. | 问题是我父母就住在街对面 |
[01:14] | That’s right. | 就是这样 |
[01:15] | And my brother lives with them. | 我哥哥跟他们住一起 |
[01:19] | Now,not every family | 现在不是每个家庭 |
[01:20] | would go by on a conveyor belt for you… | 都会有家人络绎不绝的来拜访 |
[01:22] | but mine would,because– | 但我家就会 因为 |
[01:23] | Everybody loves Raymond. | 人人都爱雷蒙德 |
[01:26] | Yeah. | 对 说得对 |
[01:40] | Well,all three kids are down. | 好啦 三个都睡了 |
[01:42] | Free at last,free at last | 终于自由了 终于解放了 |
[01:44] | thank God Almighty,I am free at last. | 感谢上天 我终于解放了 |
[01:48] | Now it’s going to be all about me. | 现在就只有我一个啦 |
[01:51] | Me,me,me. | 我 我 我 |
[01:54] | How’s it going,Fluffy? | 蓬蓬头 现在如何了? |
[01:59] | Not good. | 不怎么好 |
[02:01] | what is this health insurance? | 这份健康保险是怎么回事? |
[02:03] | Matching the doctor bills to the worksheets. | 拿医疗帐单跟工作表对帐呀 |
[02:06] | Who paid who,what,when. | 谁给谁 啥时候给 给什么 |
[02:08] | This has to be woman’s work. | 这是女人的活啊 |
[02:13] | Well,I’ll just do some men’s work: | 那么 我干点男人活吧 |
[02:15] | Watch a little TV and scratch myself. | 看看电视挠挠脚 |
[02:23] | Look at this. I can’t make that number out. | 看 我搞不清这是什么字 |
[02:25] | That could be an “i,” could be a “4.” | 可以是i 可以是4 |
[02:27] | This will have to wait until tomorrow. | 这个明天再说吧 |
[02:31] | What’s on,honey? | 宝贝 今晚有什么看? |
[02:32] | Come on. You haven’t worked on that at all. | 喂 你看都没看呢 |
[02:35] | You’re missing the point. The point is… | 你没看到重点 重点是 |
[02:39] | I will rub your feet. | 我会帮你揉脚 |
[02:41] | You’ve got to get this done. | 你得把事弄完 |
[02:43] | With lotions. Come on. | 还擦上软膏 来 |
[02:45] | I’m not even a foot person. | 我不太会揉脚 |
[02:47] | In fact,the whole idea of rubbing feet makes me sick. | 其实揉脚挺倒我胃口的 |
[02:52] | Just shut up and rub. | 给我闭嘴好好揉 |
[02:54] | That’s tickling! Stop,that’s tickling! | 你在挠挠!住手 别挠啊 |
[03:01] | Glad you’re not busy. | 很高兴看到你们不忙 |
[03:06] | What makes you think we’re not busy,Robert? | 你怎么知道我们不忙 罗伯特? |
[03:09] | I saw you through the window. | 我从窗口看到啊 |
[03:12] | You were looking? | 你偷看我们? |
[03:13] | Well,I’m a cop. It’s my training. | 我是警察 我在练习呢 |
[03:17] | You know,it may look like we’re not busy,but…. | 虽然我们看来不大忙 但 |
[03:21] | Get out. | 出去 |
[03:26] | I need you to take an IQ test. | 我要你帮我做份IQ题 |
[03:29] | What? An IQ test. | 什么 IQ题 |
[03:31] | I’m taking a Criminal Psychology class | 我在读犯罪心理学课程 |
[03:33] | to make Lieutenant… | 来评中尉 |
[03:34] | and I have to learn how to give an IQ test. | 要学会怎么给人做IQ题 |
[03:39] | I think he wants me to steal third. | 他是想我盗三垒吧 |
[03:44] | Have I ever asked you for anything,Raymond? | 我以前求过你吗 雷蒙德? |
[03:51] | You gotta get out of Mom’s house. | 你得搬出妈家里 |
[03:57] | Just forget about it. | 那当我没说过吧 |
[04:01] | We have to. It’s for his class. | 我们得帮他 是他的作业啊 |
[04:05] | Just keep talking. He’s almost gone. | 继续说话吧 他快走了 |
[04:09] | We’ll do it,Robert. Three more steps. | 我们帮你做吧 罗伯特 还差3步而已 |
[04:12] | You’ll do it? Yeah. | 你帮我? 对 |
[04:14] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢了 |
[04:16] | This really means a lot to me. | 这对我很重要啊 |
[04:17] | All right,but listen,we’re not gonna– | 好吧 但听着 我们不会 |
[04:18] | There’s no talking! | 测试不允许闲话! |
[04:22] | I’ll be testing you one-on-one for each section. | 每个部分我都会单独测试你们 |
[04:25] | This is very important. | 这很重要 |
[04:27] | I have to treat you both the same. | 我得平等对待你们 |
[04:29] | I’m not supposed to chitchat. | 我不会跟你闲聊 |
[04:31] | And I gotta be stone-faced. | 表情也会很严肃 |
[04:35] | There’s a stretch. | 还有加长部分 |
[04:36] | Again,no talking! | 再说一次 不闲聊 |
[04:38] | So where do you wanna do this,Robert? | 那你想在哪儿测试呢 罗伯特? |
[04:41] | I thought we could start with you in the basement | 如果可以的话 先跟你 |
[04:43] | that’s all right. | 在地下室里测吧 if |
[04:44] | How come you didn’t snap– | 你怎么不 |
[04:45] | No talking! | 别闲话 |
[05:10] | How bad is it? | 测试有多糟? |
[05:15] | How did you do? | 感觉怎样? |
[05:16] | I think I did really well. It’s pretty easy. | 我做得不错 挺简单的 |
[05:20] | Give me some answers. | 给我说几个答案 |
[05:23] | I thought you didn’t care. | 我还以为你不在意呢 |
[05:25] | I don’t. | 我不在意啊 |
[05:28] | Give me some answers. No. | 给我答案 不 |
[05:32] | All right. | 好吧 Okay. |
[05:34] | That’s how it’s gonna be? | 你要这样吧? |
[05:35] | I’m not cheating. | 我不要作弊 |
[05:38] | What? | 什么? |
[05:38] | I’m not cheating. | 我不要作弊 |
[05:41] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[05:42] | No talking,Debra. | 黛博拉 不准说话 |
[05:51] | That would be the Magna Carta. | 那应该是大宪章 |
[05:56] | Did Debra get that? | 黛博拉有答对吗? |
[05:57] | I bet Debra didn’t get that one. | 她肯定不懂那个 |
[06:00] | Who invented the cotton gin? | 谁发明了轧棉机? |
[06:02] | That’s easy. Eli Wallach. | 那很简单啊 埃里・瓦拉赫 |
[06:06] | Whitney. | 惠妮 |
[06:07] | I meant Whitney,Robert. | 我想说惠妮啊 罗伯特 |
[06:11] | Using these blocks | 用这些积木 |
[06:13] | please reconstruct the figure in this diagram. | 请砌出图表上的形状 |
[06:16] | I don’t understand. | 搞不懂啊 |
[06:17] | You have 10 seconds. Go! | 你有10秒时间 开始! |
[06:18] | I don’t understand. | 真搞不懂啊 |
[06:19] | These are three-dimensional blocks. | 这是三维积木呢 |
[06:21] | It’s a two-dimensional drawing. | 而画上的是二维的 |
[06:22] | How am I supposed– | 我怎么能 |
[06:23] | Time. | 时间到 |
[06:25] | Okay,the blocks. I want the blocks. | 好吧 积木 给我积木 |
[06:27] | That’s not fair. I want my blocks back! | 那不公平 我要回我的积木! |
[06:53] | How’d it go? | 做得如何了? |
[06:55] | I think I aced it. | 看来我拿第一了 |
[07:00] | How’d you do on the blocks? | 积木那部分你做得怎样? |
[07:02] | That was impossible. | 根本没可能砌好嘛 |
[07:04] | He didn’t give me any time at all. | 根本没给我时间 |
[07:05] | Really? Yeah. | 真的? 是啊 |
[07:07] | I thought there was plenty of time. | 我觉得时间还多着呢 |
[07:12] | Hi. Is Robert here? | 你好 罗伯特在吗? |
[07:14] | He’s downstairs grading us. | 他在下面给我们评分呢 |
[07:16] | You see? They’re not afraid to take the test. | 看到吧?他们不怕做测试呢 |
[07:19] | I don’t want my brain measured. | 我不要人测我的脑袋 |
[07:24] | It’s gotten me this far. | 我脑袋已经很灵了 |
[07:27] | For some reason, | 不知道什么原因 |
[07:28] | your father has something to hide. | 你老爸好象在掩饰 |
[07:30] | I don’t believe in tests. | 我不相信测试的东西 |
[07:32] | All they do is deal with book smarts. | 他们只是读书好 |
[07:35] | They don’t measure street smarts. | 又不测一下日常的精打细算 |
[07:38] | And you’re street-smart? | 你很精打细算? |
[07:40] | I am very street-smart. | 精得很呢 |
[07:47] | Did I ever tell you about | 我有告诉过你 |
[07:49] | the time he bought seafood… | 他从废车尾箱 |
[07:51] | out of the back of a derelict’s car? | 买海鲜的事吗? |
[07:54] | He was legit. | 那是合法经营 |
[07:56] | He had the prices tattooed on his body. | 他把价钱都纹到身上了 |
[08:02] | One bad mussel in a whole bucket. | 一大篮子只有一只坏贻贝啊 |
[08:05] | I threw up for three weeks | 我吐了三个星期 |
[08:06] | so you could save 79 cents? | 就为了让你省了7毛9? |
[08:10] | They were delicious. | 贻贝很好吃啊 |
[08:11] | You could taste the ocean. | 能尝到大海的味道 |
[08:14] | I’m still tasting it. | 我现在还能尝到那味道呢 |
[08:20] | Good night. | 晚安啊 |
[08:21] | Hey,wait a minute. How did it go? | 喂 等等 结果如何了? |
[08:23] | I believe I administered | 我觉得 |
[08:24] | and evaluated the test correctly. | 我测试以及评价得很正确 |
[08:27] | I feel I did pretty good. Good night. | 个人感觉不错 晚安 |
[08:29] | Who cares about you? Tell us the scores. | 谁说你啊? 告诉我们成绩 |
[08:31] | It’s not about us,Ray. | 我们的结果不是重点啊 雷 |
[08:33] | Robert,just placate him. | 罗伯特 安抚一下他 |
[08:35] | Tell him the scores. | 告诉他吧 |
[08:36] | Placate: To appease, to make feel better. | 安抚:使人平静 让人感觉好点 |
[08:42] | The scores aren’t really important. | 分数并不那么重要 |
[08:44] | I know that,but your brother seems– | 我知道啊 但你弟弟看来 |
[08:46] | I’m not supposed– | 我不应该 |
[08:47] | Tell us the scores! | 快说! |
[08:50] | I’m just curious. | 我好奇而已 |
[08:53] | All right. Raymond,you got 100. | 好吧 雷蒙德 你有100分 |
[08:57] | A perfect score! That’s my Raymond. | 很好的成绩! 我的好雷蒙德啊 |
[09:02] | Thank God you got your mother’s brains. | 谢天谢地你得到你妈妈的遗传 |
[09:05] | 100 is average. | 100是平均分 |
[09:08] | Average? | 平均分? |
[09:09] | He got that from you. | 那是你遗传的 |
[09:13] | What did I get? | 我多少分? |
[09:15] | You scored 115. | 你115分 |
[09:17] | Yes! | 好啊! |
[09:19] | Well,that’s close. | 很接近嘛 |
[09:21] | I’m sorry. You’re not close. | 抱歉 不接近 |
[09:23] | Fifteen points is one standard deviation. | 15分是一个标准差 |
[09:27] | What’s that? | 什么东西? |
[09:29] | That means that between the two of you… | 就是说你们对比的话 |
[09:31] | Debra’s in a whole higher class of brains. | 黛博拉头脑比你高一个层次 |
[09:36] | Holy crap! | 不是吧 |
[09:41] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[09:47] | Well,I mean,they’re just, | 我意思是 那只是 |
[09:49] | you know,test scores. | 你知道的 测试成绩而已 |
[09:52] | It was really about Robert learning to give the test. | 罗伯特会帮人测试才是重要的 |
[09:55] | I didn’t know he was going to learn.. | 我不知道结果会是 |
[09:57] | that you’re smart and I’m an idiot. | 你很聪明我是笨蛋 |
[10:00] | There’s more than one kind of intelligence,Ray. | 聪明不只有某一方面的嘛 雷 |
[10:02] | That’s right. There’s street smarts. | 对啊 还有精打细算的聪明 |
[10:11] | Are you ready for this? | 准备好了吗? |
[10:12] | Don’t fall out of your chairs. | 别摔着啦 |
[10:13] | Our store is on the Internet. | 我们的店上网了 |
[10:17] | Just point your browser to www.bernie.com… | 点上www.bernie.com |
[10:21] | and there I am straddling a Jet Ski. | 就会看到我滑雪橇了 |
[10:24] | He looks so cute in his Speedo. | 他穿着Speedo牌可帅了 |
[10:28] | I’m sorry,Ray. | 对不起 雷 |
[10:29] | I’m sure Debra knows all about the Internet… | 黛博拉应该懂上网的 |
[10:31] | but let’s talk about something we can all understand. | 说点我们都懂的事吧 |
[10:35] | Pizza hot. | 热热的比萨 |
[10:38] | Yeah,have your fun. | 好吧 你开心吧 |
[10:43] | Leave him alone,Bernie. | 别理他嘛 伯尼 |
[10:45] | He didn’t tell you about the test | 告诉你测试的事 |
[10:46] | so you could use it against him. | 不是让你笑话的 |
[10:48] | You know nothing about friendship. | 你不懂友谊 |
[10:51] | Stop it. Look,I don’t care. | 别说了 我不在意 |
[10:54] | It’s all right. I don’t care. | 没事 我才不在意 |
[10:56] | Can I get you something,Ray? | 我帮你拿点什么吧? |
[10:57] | Look,you’re all out of soda. | 你的苏打水喝完了 |
[10:59] | I am? | 是吗? |
[11:00] | Yeah. I’ll go get you another one. | 我帮你再买一杯吧 |
[11:02] | You want a lemon wedge? | 要片柠檬吗? |
[11:03] | All right. That’d be nice. | 好吧 要片吧 |
[11:04] | I’m gonna get one,too. | 我也要呢 |
[11:06] | Yeah,I’ll take one. | 好吧 我也要吧 |
[11:07] | Oh,please. | 噢 拜托 |
[11:12] | Why is Ray so depressed? It was just a test. | 雷干吗这么失落的?测试而已啊 |
[11:17] | I guess seeing in black and white that I’m smarter… | 可能白纸黑字写明我比他聪明 |
[11:19] | just blew out his self-esteem. | 让他无地自容了 |
[11:22] | I’m trying to make him feel better,but nothing works. | 我想让他开心点 但都没用 |
[11:26] | Come on. You had to know you were smarter. | 别这样 你得知道你聪明点啊 |
[11:28] | Of course. But I still feel guilty. | 当然了 但我有负罪感 |
[11:33] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[11:36] | Are they looking? | 他们在看吗? |
[11:38] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了? |
[11:41] | Come here. | 过来 |
[11:47] | You have gotta take this test. | 你得做做这测试 |
[11:51] | What are you talking about? I’m talking…. | 你说什么啊? 我在说 |
[11:53] | She feels so bad for me, I got it made. | 她很为我难过 我故意的 |
[11:56] | She’s getting lemon in my soda. | 她帮我拿柠檬 |
[11:59] | I can’t do anything. | 我啥都不用做 |
[12:00] | She’s doing everything for me. | 她什么都帮我做好 |
[12:02] | Including…. | 包括 |
[12:06] | No! | 不是吧! |
[12:07] | Yes! | 是的! |
[12:14] | When the results came in, | 刚知道结果时 |
[12:15] | at first I was upset because I was stupid. | 我因为我蠢而不开心 |
[12:16] | Now,this is the greatest thing that ever happened. | 现在 测试结果成了大好事了 |
[12:21] | I gotta take this test. | 我得做做那测试 |
[12:24] | I just hope I’m stupid enough. Don’t worry. | 希望我够笨吧 别担心 |
[12:36] | How are you feeling? | 感觉如何了? |
[12:38] | Oh,you know. Here you go,honey. | 噢 你知道的 给 宝贝 |
[12:44] | Ice cream on the couch? It’s my favorite. | 在沙发上吃雪糕?我的最爱 |
[12:49] | Nothing for you? That was the last of it. | 你不吃? 那是最后一点了 |
[12:54] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:07] | I was thinking, | 我在想 |
[13:09] | that health insurance has to be in tomorrow. | 那健康保险明天该交了 |
[13:10] | Did you finish it yet? | 你做好了吗? |
[13:12] | Health insurance? | 健康保险吗? |
[13:13] | You know,I want to. I want to. | 你知道的 我想做的 |
[13:17] | But I’ve just been,you know… | 但我现在 |
[13:19] | so down. | 这么低落 |
[13:25] | Maybe you should– | 或者你可以 |
[13:26] | What? | 什么? |
[13:28] | This is very important, | 这很重要 |
[13:30] | and I don’t think we should trust it | 我觉得还是不应该 |
[13:32] | to somebody like me. | 把它交给像我这样的人来做 |
[13:37] | Fudgy. | 太好吃了 |
[13:40] | All right. That is it. | 好吧 够了 |
[13:43] | At first, | 刚开始时 |
[13:44] | I felt bad because you | 我还因为你失落而感到内疚 |
[13:45] | But now I think you’re really milking it here. | 但现在我觉得你得寸进尺了 |
[13:47] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[13:48] | You don’t think I see through this? | 你以为我看不出来吗? |
[13:52] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[13:53] | I don’t believe you,Ray. | 我不信你不懂 |
[13:55] | Making me feel guilty, you little weasel. | 你这狡猾鬼 让我这么有负罪感 |
[14:00] | I’m depressed again. | 我又开始失落了 |
[14:03] | Listen,do the health insurance, you big fake. | 听着 快给我做健康保险 你这个爱装鬼 |
[14:08] | “Fudgy!” Give me that. | “太好吃了” 给我 |
[14:12] | I read that the happiest marriages | 我听过最幸福的婚姻 |
[14:14] | are the ones where the man is smarter. | 男方比较聪明的 |
[14:16] | Guess who wrote that? | 猜猜是谁说的? |
[14:22] | Get the door. | 开门吧 |
[14:24] | That big wooden thing with the knob | 开那个有把手的大木头 |
[14:26] | that’s not your head. | 不是指你的头 |
[14:31] | Everything all right? | 都没事吧? |
[14:32] | I thought I saw an argument. | 我好象看到你们吵架了 |
[14:39] | Stop stalking us. | 别偷看我们 |
[14:43] | This wouldn’t be about the…. Would it? No. | 不是因为 不是吧? 不是 |
[14:47] | We don’t care about that. | 我们才不在意呢 |
[14:49] | Good,because I want you to know | 好吧 我本来想告诉 |
[14:51] | that I think I might have… | 或许我之前 |
[14:54] | made a mistake with your test result. | 算成绩时有点差错 |
[14:56] | Jumbled them. | 数据调乱了 |
[14:58] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[15:01] | Raymond,you were the one who | 雷蒙德 你的成绩 |
[15:02] | scored one standard deviation higher than Debra. | 比黛博拉高一个标准差 |
[15:04] | What? | 什么? |
[15:09] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[15:17] | Well,now it’s a happy marriage. | 好吧 现在是幸福婚姻了 |
[15:56] | Fudgy. | 太好吃了 |
[16:13] | No. | 别 |
[17:01] | You had to tell your mother | 你一定告诉你妈妈 |
[17:02] | that you’re the smarter one. | 你比较聪明吗? |
[17:04] | She’s my mother. | 她是我妈妈 |
[17:05] | If I can’t tell her,who can I tell? | 如果我不告诉她 谁来说? |
[17:07] | You told Linda. | 你告诉了琳达 |
[17:09] | Absolutely not. I would never tell Linda. | 肯定没有 我从来不告诉她 |
[17:11] | Then you told Bernie. | 那就是你告诉伯尼了 |
[17:14] | Who knew he’d talk to his wife? | 谁知道他告诉他老婆啊 |
[17:16] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[17:17] | I have been holding this in all day: | 我已经忍了一整天了 |
[17:19] | There is no way that you are smarter than me. | 没可能你比我聪明 |
[17:24] | Smarter than I. | 比我聪明 |
[17:27] | What’s the name of the 18th-century poet | 18世纪哪位诗人 |
[17:29] | who wrote A Modest Proposal? | 写了《一个小小的建议》? |
[17:33] | What’s the name of the Twilight Zone | 宇航员遇到巨女人 |
[17:36] | where the astronauts meet the giant lady? | 所在的半阴影区叫什么? |
[17:38] | Who’s the first woman to win a Nobel Prize? | 第一个获得诺贝尔奖的女人是谁? |
[17:41] | How much does Mickey Rooney weigh on the moon? | 米基・鲁尼在月球上有多重? |
[17:48] | What’s a petit four? | 花色小蛋糕是什么? |
[17:49] | What’s a wedgie? | 什么是坡跟鞋? |
[17:55] | When you first met me, | 你第一次见我时 |
[17:56] | was my hair long or short? | 我头发长还是短? |
[18:06] | I know one thing for sure. It was blonde. | 我很肯定一个 是金黄色的 |
[18:11] | Oh,that wasn’t you. | 噢 那不是你 |
[18:14] | Well,I broke up with her | 我跟她分手后 |
[18:16] | then to go out with you. | 再跟你一起的 |
[18:19] | I’ll just sleep on the couch. | 我到沙发上睡吧 |
[18:39] | Got you some coffee. Thanks. | 给你弄了点咖啡 谢谢 |
[18:57] | It was short. | 是短发 |
[18:59] | It was short. I remember it was curly… | 是短发 还记得是卷的 |
[19:03] | because it was raining out. | 因为外面下着雨 |
[19:05] | And it was lighter than it is now… | 颜色比现在浅 |
[19:07] | but I remember,it was short. | 但我记得是短发 |
[19:11] | Oh,Ray. | 噢 雷 |
[19:13] | No. | 不是短发 |
[19:25] | I took a shot. | 我乱猜而已 |
[19:29] | Come on. Why has this test got you so upset? | 别这样嘛 怎么测试让你不开心了? |
[19:31] | I just thought I knew who we were. | 我以为大家都了解对方 |
[19:34] | As a couple. | 作为夫妻 |
[19:36] | You know,our strengths, our weaknesses. | 我们了解彼此的长处 弱项 |
[19:41] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[19:43] | You gotta know deep down | 在你内心深处 |
[19:44] | that I’m smarter than you,don’t you? | 是知道我更聪明的吧? |
[19:49] | If it was up to me, | 如果这是由我决定的话 |
[19:50] | I’d be as dumb as a post. | 我不就跟猪没两样了 |
[19:52] | But numbers don’t lie. | 但数字不骗人啊 |
[19:59] | Busy? | 忙吗? |
[20:03] | What,Robert? | 什么事 罗伯特? |
[20:05] | You know that IQ test I gave you? | 记得我给你们做的IQ题吗? |
[20:08] | Those weren’t your real scores. | 那不是你们的真实成绩 |
[20:10] | What? Whose scores were they? | 什么? 那是什么成绩? |
[20:14] | Well,I had to set you up. Hey,Pop-Tart. | 我玩你们的 有小烘饼啊 |
[20:18] | You set us up? | 你玩我们? |
[20:20] | I had to do it for the credit. | 为了学分我得这么做 |
[20:21] | I couldn’t tell you about it | 我不说真相 |
[20:23] | because that was part of the class. | 因为那是课程一部分 |
[20:25] | You know,I wouldn’t get the credit. | 说了就没有学分了 |
[20:29] | We were for credit. | 我们就是帮你拿学分 |
[20:31] | The real test was about human behavior. | 真正测试的是人的行为 |
[20:34] | How a suspect would act | 如何在疑犯自我形象混乱时 |
[20:35] | if you messed with his self-image. | 推测其行为 |
[20:38] | We’re not suspects. Of course not. | 我们不是疑犯 当然不是了 |
[20:42] | I’m gonna have to ask you a couple of questions. | 我得问你几个问题 |
[20:51] | What are you telling…. | 你的意思是 |
[20:51] | You made up the scores? | 你捏造分数? |
[20:54] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:55] | And then you switched them around | 然后把分数调过来 |
[20:56] | to see what would happen to us. | 看看我们的反应 |
[20:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[21:03] | Did you turn on each other? | 你们有翻脸吗? |
[21:06] | We’ve been fighting for three days! | 我们都闹3天了! |
[21:08] | I got to get that down. | 我得把这些记下 |
[21:09] | I got to write a five-page paper. | 要写5页的论文 |
[21:12] | I had to sleep on the couch last night. | 我昨晚得睡沙发 |
[21:13] | That’s good. | 不错啊 |
[21:14] | I can’t believe this worked. | 真不相信行得通啊 |
[21:18] | You can’t do this to people. | 你不能这样对人啊 |
[21:20] | Okay,wait,a little slower. | 好吧 等等 慢点 |
[21:22] | Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. | 等等 让我搞清楚 |
[21:25] | So I’m not smarter than her? | 那就是我没比她聪明? |
[21:28] | I’d be very surprised. | 那样我会很吃惊的 |
[21:42] | Good morning. What’s the matter? | 早上好啊 怎么了? |
[21:47] | We took the test. | 我们做测试了 |
[21:51] | What happened? | 然后呢? |
[22:10] | Listen,Mom,Dad,about the test results. | 这样得 妈 爸 关于那测试结果 |
[22:14] | I think I may have jumbled them. | 我好象混淆了 |
[22:18] | Maybe made a mistake with the columns. | 有几栏弄错了 |
[22:20] | We should talk about it over at the house. | 我到那边跟你们说 |
[22:22] | I think I mixed them. I don’t know what I did. | 看来我搞混了 我不知道错在哪里 |
[22:27] | Extra credit. | 额外学分 |