时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Come on in. | 请进吧 |
[00:13] | This is great. | 真是太棒了 |
[00:14] | You have really got to meet Debra. | 你一定得见见黛博拉 |
[00:16] | I could have signed a book for her at the store. | 我可以在书店签本书给她的啊 |
[00:18] | But she’s a big basketball fan. | 可她是个超级篮球迷 |
[00:20] | Come on, this will be fun.Come on | 来吧 会很好玩的 来 |
[00:25] | Jeez, maybe I should just leave a signed basketball. | 天 或许我留个签名的篮球算了 |
[00:27] | No, this will be great. Watch this. | 不 肯定很好玩的 你瞧着 |
[00:30] | Debra. | 黛博拉 |
[00:32] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[00:34] | Who’s your favorite basketball player of all time? | 你一直最喜欢的篮球运动员是谁? |
[00:38] | Michael Jordan. | 麦克.乔丹 |
[00:41] | No, retired. Retired basketball player. | 不 退役的 退役的篮球员 |
[00:46] | Larry Bird. | 拉里.伯德 |
[00:51] | He played for the Lakers. | 湖人队的那个 |
[00:53] | Wilt Chamberlain. | 威尔特.张伯伦 |
[00:58] | This isn’t my house. | 这里不是我家 |
[01:01] | That’s what it is. | 我们走错了 |
[01:03] | I want my book back. | 我想拿回我的书 |
[01:04] | Kareem. | 卡里姆 |
[01:06] | I’ll make you something to eat. | 我给你做点东西吃吧 |
[01:09] | Hi I’m Ray and I Iive here in Long IsIand | 嗨 我叫雷 跟我老婆黛博拉一起 |
[01:12] | with my wife Debra. | 住在长岛 |
[01:13] | She’s great with the kids, | 她很会带孩子 |
[01:15] | the house, everything. | 很会收拾 总之很能干 |
[01:16] | I don’t know how she does it. | 我不知道她是怎么做到的 |
[01:18] | We’ve got a daughter AIIy… | 我们有个女儿叫艾丽… |
[01:20] | and twin two-year-oId boys. | 还有一对两岁大的双胞胎儿子 |
[01:24] | It’s not really about the kids. | 孩子们并不是最大的问题 |
[01:26] | My parents Iive across the street. | 我父母就住在街对面 |
[01:29] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[01:30] | And my brother Iives with them. | 我哥哥和他们住在一起 |
[01:33] | Now, not every family | 现在并不是每个家庭 |
[01:35] | would go by on a conveyor belt for you… | 都会有家人络绎不绝的造访 |
[01:37] | but mine would because– | 不过 我家就会 因为 |
[01:39] | Everybody Ioves Raymond. | 人人都爱雷蒙德 |
[01:41] | Yeah. | 是啊是啊是啊 |
[01:48] | Did you hear Howie Simon’s son | 你有没听说霍伊.赛门的儿子 |
[01:49] | sold a funny little anecdote… | 卖了一个小趣闻 |
[01:51] | to the Reader’s Digest? | 给《读者文摘》? |
[01:53] | Yeah? Okay, good. Good for him. | 是吗? 不错 很好 祝贺他 |
[01:55] | That’s $50. Yeah? | 卖了50块 那又怎样? |
[02:01] | So why can’t you do something like that? | 你怎么不能也这么做? |
[02:04] | I’m a writer, Dad. | 我是个作家 爸爸 |
[02:06] | The newspaper pays me to write full-time. | 报社雇我全职写作的 |
[02:08] | Look, I’m not talking about the sports column. | 听着 我不是说做体育专栏 |
[02:10] | That’s great. | 那做得很好 |
[02:11] | I’m talking on the side. | 我是指作为副业 |
[02:15] | Funny anecdotes on the side? | 把写小趣闻当作副业? |
[02:17] | Yeah, that’s free money for you. | 是啊 可以帮你赚点闲钱 |
[02:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:21] | Here, lamb chops. | 给 小羊排 |
[02:23] | Mom, I’ve got the dinner! | 妈妈 我还得吃晚饭哪! |
[02:24] | You’re cooking…. | 你又做… |
[02:25] | All right, one more. | 好吧 就再吃一片 |
[02:28] | Look, thanks for your advice… | 听我说 很感谢你的建议 |
[02:30] | but I’m not writing anything for Reader’s Digest. | 但我不会给《读者文摘》投稿的 |
[02:33] | What’s with you? | 你是怎么了啊? |
[02:34] | You can afford to turn down extra cash? | 有外快送上门也不要? |
[02:36] | I’m talking on the side. | 我是指平时做副业 |
[02:38] | Ma, where’s the…. | 妈 那个…. |
[02:39] | The mint-chili, hold on. | 薄荷辣椒 等下 |
[02:41] | Here. Right here. | 这儿 在这儿 |
[02:44] | We’re talking the Digest here, Ray. | 我们说的是文摘 雷 |
[02:47] | You know the kind of talent it takes… | 你知道那种人才 |
[02:49] | to take a novel like this and put it on a page and a half? | 把这么长的小说 浓缩到了一页半? |
[02:53] | That’s writing! | 这就是写作! |
[02:55] | All right, enough already, Dad. | 好了 够了 爸爸 |
[02:56] | If you like the magazine so much… | 你要是这么喜欢这个杂志 |
[02:58] | why don’t you write something for it yourself? | 那你干吗不自己写点东西呢? |
[03:00] | What do you mean? | 你指什么? |
[03:01] | Yeah, he’s right. | 是啊 他说的对 |
[03:03] | Why don’t you get off your rear end and do it yourself? | 你干吗不老实坐那儿 自己写啊? |
[03:06] | I think it’s a very good idea. | 我觉得这个主意很好 |
[03:08] | You do? | 真的吗? |
[03:09] | You go write something for the Reader’s Digest… | 你去写点什么给《读者文摘》投稿吧 |
[03:12] | I’m gonna go home and fake hunger. | 我得回家 还要假装饿肚子 |
[03:17] | Give me that chop. | 羊排给我吧 |
[03:24] | The Reader’s Digest. | 《读者文摘》 |
[03:26] | They do have some funny stuff in there. | 上面的确登过些有趣的玩意儿 |
[03:36] | 三周后 | |
[03:48] | Oh, boy, what’re we watching? | 噢 天 我们这是看什么呢? |
[03:49] | Wee Sing in Sillyville. | “在愚蠢谷歌唱” |
[03:52] | Guess what? | 猜怎么着? |
[03:53] | It’s on mornings and evenings now. | 现在早晚都演了 |
[03:55] | Twice as silly. | 愚蠢加倍 |
[04:03] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:05] | We have to cancel cable. | 我们要取消有线电视 |
[04:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:09] | Go and get your jammies on. | 去穿睡衣吧 |
[04:15] | Ray | 雷 |
[04:17] | Robert’s still here. | 罗伯特还在这儿呢 |
[04:18] | Robert, what are you doing here? | 罗伯特 你在这儿干吗呢? |
[04:20] | I had a suspicion I need to confirm. | 我有个疑惑 我需要确认一下 |
[04:23] | Robert, what’s wrong? | 罗伯特 怎么了? |
[04:27] | I don’t think Michael likes me anymore. | 我觉得麦克不再喜欢我了 |
[04:29] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么哪? |
[04:33] | He’s not like Geoffrey, | 他不像杰弗里 |
[04:34] | he seems stand-offish. | 他看起来很高傲 |
[04:38] | You know Michael is a baby, right? | 你知道麦克只是个小宝宝 是吧? |
[04:41] | It’s just a feeling. | 只是感觉而已 |
[04:43] | Cop’s instinct. | 警察的直觉 |
[04:45] | He wants nothing to do with me. | 他都不想跟我一起玩 |
[04:49] | Attention, everybody. | 注意了 各位 |
[04:50] | Guess who is now a published writer. | 猜猜谁是出版作家了啊 |
[04:53] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么哪 |
[04:55] | Today, the mailman brought me fame and fortune. | 今天 邮递员给我送来了功名和富贵 |
[04:58] | The Reader’s Digest,over 27 million copies sold… | 《读者文摘》发行超过2700万本 |
[05:01] | in 19 languages. | 用19种语言 |
[05:03] | And all around the world,each and every reader… | 在全世界 每个读者 |
[05:05] | will now open to Page 64… | 现在将翻到第64页 |
[05:08] | the “Humor in Uniform” section. | “制服幽默”这一部分 |
[05:11] | Well, what are you waiting for? | 嘿 你们都等什么哪? |
[05:18] | How did that happen? | 怎么可能啊 |
[05:22] | Did you know about it? You knew he was doing this? | 你知道这事儿吗? 知道他这么做吗? |
[05:24] | Please! You think he’d get this done by himself? | 拜托! 你以为这是他自己搞定的啊? |
[05:26] | The man can’t wipe his own chin. | 这男人都不会自己擦嘴 |
[05:29] | Marie was my little typist. | 玛丽是我的小小打字员 |
[05:30] | Don’t call me a little typist. | 不许叫我打字员 |
[05:34] | So why don’t you read it out loud, Ray? | 你何不大声念出来呢 雷 |
[05:37] | No, that’s not necessary, | 不用了 没那个必要 |
[05:39] | Dad. We’ll read it. | 爸爸 我们自己读好了 |
[05:40] | No, come on, | 不 别啊 |
[05:41] | you have such a nice speaking voice. | 你的声音这么适合朗读 |
[05:47] | “Throughout our first week of basic training…” | “经过第一周的基础训练” |
[05:49] | Louder and funnier! | 大点声! 再生动些! |
[05:53] | “…our drill sergeant–“ | “我们的教练班长” |
[05:55] | Stand up! | 站起来! |
[05:55] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[05:56] | Up! There you go. | 起来! 这就对了 |
[05:59] | “…our drill sergeant stressed to us… | “我们的教练班长跟我们强调” |
[06:01] | “the importance of addressing all officers… | “称呼所有长官的重要性 |
[06:03] | “with what he called ‘a sir sandwich.’ | “用他所谓的’长官三明治’ |
[06:09] | “‘Sir, yes, sir. | “长官 是 长官 |
[06:10] | Sir, I don’t know, sir,’ and the like. | 长官 我不明白 长官”之类的 |
[06:12] | “A few days later, | “几天后 |
[06:14] | a colonel approached me in the motor pool… | 一个上校在车队里走过来” |
[06:15] | “to ask what I was working on. | “询问我的工作情况” |
[06:17] | “Using the sir sandwich, I said: | “用长官三明治的办法 我说到: |
[06:19] | “‘Sir, checking the oil, sir,in these jeeps, sir… | “长官 检查汽油 长官 吉普车里的 长官” |
[06:23] | “and, sir, checking the tires, sir.” | “并且 长官 检查轮胎 长官” |
[06:26] | “The colonel laughed and said, | “上校笑着说 |
[06:27] | ‘Private, I appreciate your respect… | 步兵 我很感谢你这么尊敬我” |
[06:29] | “‘but I don’t need a sir club sandwich.’ “ | “但是我不需要长官杂烩三明治” |
[06:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:43] | True story. | 真实的故事 |
[06:46] | Ray, what do you think? | 雷 你觉得怎样? |
[06:48] | It’s a classic, Dad. | 经典 爸爸 |
[06:51] | And that’s not all, look at this: | 不只如此 瞧这个 |
[06:54] | A check for $300. | 300块的支票 |
[06:58] | I’d frame it, but then | 我该镶起来 |
[06:59] | I couldn’t take my little typist out for a fancy dinner. | 但要带小打字员去美餐啊 |
[07:04] | Every time you call me that, | 每次你这么叫我 |
[07:06] | it’s gonna cost you $300. | 都要付出300块的代价 |
[07:10] | Michael threw his milk at me. | 麦克向我扔牛奶了 |
[07:16] | Isn’t that great? | 那不是很棒吗? |
[07:18] | That could be my second story. | 那可以做我的第2个素材 |
[07:20] | The Digest loves a naughty baby! | “文摘”喜欢淘气的宝宝 |
[07:27] | “Teenage boys can be shy and awkward. | “十几岁的男生比较腼腆害羞” |
[07:30] | “Their voices crack, their skin breaks out… | “他们开始变声 皮肤开始长痘痘” |
[07:33] | “and they’re afraid of anything in a dress. | “他们害怕一切穿裙子的物体” |
[07:36] | “This was especially true for my son Roy.” | “这在我儿子 阿磊身上体现无遗” |
[07:40] | Dad, you’re writing about me! | 爸爸 你在写我啊! |
[07:42] | It says Roy. | 我在写阿磊 |
[07:45] | Thanks, Dod. | 谢谢 “拔拔” |
[07:49] | Look, I’m using what we call”artistic license” there. | 这种手法叫”艺术破格自由” |
[07:53] | Sure, I’m writing about my kid, | 的确 我写的是我的孩子 |
[07:55] | but it’s got to come off like anybody’s kid. | 但最后会觉得像是任何人的孩子 |
[07:57] | You see, I have to write as the Everyman. | 你瞧 我要从平凡人的身份去写 |
[08:01] | You’re the Everyman? | 你就是那个平凡人? |
[08:02] | Right. | 没错 |
[08:03] | It’s got to mean something to Debra and Marie… | 还会写黛博拉和玛丽 |
[08:05] | the guy in snowbound Sweden looking for a laugh. | 被困雪中的人需要欢乐 |
[08:08] | Especially him. Yeah, okay. | 特别是他 是啊 好吧 |
[08:11] | Look, Dad, I got a column due in about an hour. | 爸爸 我有篇专栏要一小时内完成 |
[08:14] | All right? So I’m gonna see you. | 我们回头见吧 |
[08:16] | “Roy, being a typical teenager, was… | “洛伊作为一个典型的青少年” |
[08:19] | “besieged by raging hormones… | “体内的荷尔蒙强烈冲击着他” |
[08:24] | “making it difficult for him to keep his mind on his studies.” | “让他无法专心致志的学习” |
[08:31] | God! | 上帝啊 |
[08:32] | He’s the Everyman. | 他是个平凡人 |
[08:34] | Can you imagine if every man was Frank Barone? | 你能想象人人都变成弗兰克.巴朗吗? |
[08:39] | Boy, wouldn’t Sizzler love that. | 天啊 时时乐餐厅一定开心死了 |
[08:42] | Do me a favor,please keep Everyman out of here. | 帮我个忙 把”平凡人”挡在外面 |
[08:45] | How am I supposed to do that? | 干吗让我去啊? |
[08:46] | How fast can you make a pot roast? | 你做焖烧牛肉有多快? |
[08:49] | So what’s the column about, Ray? | 这文章是关于什么的啊? 雷 |
[08:52] | Got to go. | 该走了 |
[08:54] | No! | 不! |
[08:56] | It’s the Giants, Dad. | 关于巨人队的 爸爸 |
[08:59] | Go on, don’t let me bother you. | 继续继续 别让我干扰你 |
[09:06] | This is the toughest part, isn’t it? | 这是最难写的地方 是不是 |
[09:09] | What? | 什么? |
[09:10] | That | 那个 |
[09:10] | The blank page. | 空白页 |
[09:12] | It just sits there and mocks you. | 就在那里嘲笑着你 |
[09:15] | Dares you. | 挑衅你 |
[09:16] | Annoys you. | 干扰你 |
[09:18] | Bothers you. | 妨碍你 |
[09:20] | I guess so. Go on, write. | 我想是吧 继续 写啊 |
[09:23] | Conquer the blank page. | 征服那页空白纸 |
[09:26] | I’m not even here. | 当我透明 |
[09:35] | Shouldn’t you indent? | 不用缩进式吗? |
[09:38] | Don’t you wanna get started on that story about the twins? | 你不着手写双胞胎的故事吗? |
[09:41] | No rush, it’s fermenting. | 不急 还在酝酿呢 |
[09:44] | Don’t let it go bad in there, Dad. Come on. | 别酝酿坏了 爸爸 快抓紧吧 |
[09:48] | Go, run with it. | 去吧 去写吧 |
[09:50] | I’m asking you, Dad, as a proud parent. Run. | 求你 爸 作为一个骄傲的父母 冲吧 |
[09:53] | I guess you’re right, I got to go get started. | 我想你说的对 我该去动笔了 |
[09:56] | Yeah, okay. | 是啊 好 |
[10:02] | You know, Ray… | 你知道吗 雷 |
[10:04] | when I retired, I thought, “Well, this is it.” | 我退休的时候 我想”好吧 就这样了” |
[10:08] | You know, sometimes I just sit there saying:”l got nothing left.” | 有时我就坐在那里说”我什么都没留下” |
[10:12] | But with this writing thing, it’s like I got a new lease on life. | 但是写文章让我觉得人生有了新开始 |
[10:15] | I can’t describe it. | 我无法形容 |
[10:17] | It’s like for the first time,in a whole lot of years… | 这就像是多年来第一次 |
[10:20] | I feel good. | 感觉好极了 |
[10:25] | That’s good, Dad. That’s nice. I’m glad. | 很好 爸爸 这很好 我很高兴 |
[10:29] | I got you to thank for it. | 我得感谢你 |
[10:31] | You’re a writer. | 你是一个作家 |
[10:33] | I looked at you, and I see what I had in me. | 我看着你 就看到了自己的作家特质 |
[10:37] | You know, now we know where your talent comes from. | 现在知道这是谁遗传了吧 |
[10:42] | So, go on, show me your chops. | 好了 继续吧 给我看看你的肉排 |
[10:47] | Did you know Mark Twain had a son who was a writer? | 你知道马克.吐温有个儿子 也是个作家吗? |
[10:50] | You know what they called him? | 知道他们怎么叫他么? |
[10:52] | No. | 不知道 |
[10:52] | Choo-Choo. | 火车 |
[10:54] | Choo-Choo Twain! | 火车.吐温 |
[10:56] | That was in the Digest. | 这是”文摘”上登的 |
[11:07] | Hi. Hungry? | 嗨 饿了吗 |
[11:09] | No. | 不 |
[11:11] | Shouldn’t you be at work? | 你不是该在上班吗 |
[11:12] | Yeah, I was, Ma, until Dad stopped by. | 是的 我是在上班 但爸爸突然出现 |
[11:17] | I’m having lunch at the paper with the guys, | 我在报社和同事一起吃饭 |
[11:20] | and he just shows up. | 他就突然出现了 |
[11:22] | He starts telling us about writing. Telling us! | 他开始给我们讲写作 给我们大家! |
[11:27] | When I left, he was teaching us about alliteration. | 我走时 他正在讲压头韵 |
[11:30] | So, fearing my father the freak… | 所以 出于对我爸这个怪人的恐惧 |
[11:33] | I fled before there was a fatality. | 我在灾难发生之前逃跑了 |
[11:38] | Look at these. Look at these hands. | 瞧瞧啊 瞧瞧这双手 |
[11:41] | I used to make angel hair pasta with these hands. | 以前可是用这双手做”天使头发面条”的 |
[11:44] | And now I’m a grease monkey! | 现在我就是个机械工人! |
[11:48] | You have to talk to him, Ma. | 你得跟他谈谈 妈妈 |
[11:50] | He doesn’t listen to me. | 他不听我的 |
[11:52] | You think I like doing this? | 你以为我喜欢这样啊? |
[11:54] | I have a life, too. | 我也有自己的人生的 |
[11:56] | I could be out learning French. | 我可以出去学法语啊 |
[12:00] | Ma, you wouldn’t do that. | 妈妈 你不会那么做的 |
[12:02] | We’ll never know, will we? | 这可难说 是不是? |
[12:04] | Now, Raymond, you have to handle this. | 雷蒙德 你要处理好这件事 |
[12:07] | This is your problem. | 这是你的问题 |
[12:09] | How is it my problem? What did I do? | 怎么是我的问题呢? 我做了什么啊? |
[12:11] | You’re the writer. He wants your approval. | 你是个作家 他想得到你的肯定 |
[12:15] | Can’t you see that? Just talk to your father. | 你看不出来吗? 跟你爸谈谈 |
[12:18] | Talk to Dad? Where do you come up with that stuff, Ma? | 跟他谈? 你怎么冒出这个主意的啊 |
[12:23] | There you are! | 你在这儿啊! |
[12:27] | Your friends are really gung-ho about that computer stuff. | 你的朋友对电脑还真是够痴迷 |
[12:31] | Personally, I don’t see what they’re so excited about. | 我看不出来他们为什么这么激动 |
[12:34] | Maybe it’s all that lnternet porno. | 或许是为了看色情网站吧 |
[12:38] | Just talk to your father. | 跟你爸谈谈吧 |
[12:40] | I hope you’re happy, I’m an ink-stained wretch! | 希望你开心 我是个浑身油墨的可怜人 |
[12:45] | This whole writing thing, Dad, I’m glad you found it… | 那写作的事 我很高兴你找到这个兴趣 |
[12:48] | ’cause it’s good to have something. | 有自己想做的事 真的很好 |
[12:50] | You mean the Digest? | 你是指文摘吗? |
[12:52] | I’m gonna give you $1,000 if you stop calling it “the Digest.” | 你别再叫”文摘” 我就给你1千块钱 |
[12:56] | Fair enough. | 很好 |
[12:57] | Testing, testing. | 测试 测试 |
[12:59] | Listen, I think it’s important that we’re honest here with each other. | 听我说 我觉得我们对彼此诚实非常重要 |
[13:03] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[13:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:05] | You know, I’m glad you said that… | 你知道吗 我很高兴你这么说… |
[13:07] | because there is something I was afraid to ask you. | 因为有些事我很怕问你 |
[13:10] | What? | 是什么? |
[13:14] | “Frank Barone’s ‘l Was Just Thinking.”‘ | “弗兰克.巴朗–我在思考” |
[13:18] | Yeah, my thoughts on a bunch of subjects: | 是啊 我想了很多素材 |
[13:20] | Infomercials. The new-car smell.Minute Rice. | 情报员 新车气味 快熟米 |
[13:25] | Stuff like that, it’s all there. | 类似这样的 都在上面写着呢 |
[13:27] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 没错 |
[13:29] | Why do I have it? | 干吗给我看? |
[13:31] | You said you wanted to be honest. | 你说的要诚实啊 |
[13:33] | I honestly think this would make a great column in your paper. | 我觉得这能在你报纸上打造一个好专栏 |
[13:36] | My paper! | 在我的报纸上! |
[13:39] | Yeah, why don’t you pass it on to the editor? | 是啊 你何不交给编辑看看呢? |
[13:42] | You want me to show this to my editor? | 你要我把这个给编辑看? |
[13:44] | Thank you, Ray. And tell him… | 谢谢你 雷 还有告诉他… |
[13:49] | I look forward to his feedback. | 我很期待他的反馈意见 |
[13:55] | Ma! | 妈! |
[13:57] | It doesn’t come out. | 洗不掉 |
[14:11] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[14:13] | Listen, I’m gonna be hiding for the next few months, okay? | 听我说 接下来几个月我要藏起来 |
[14:16] | So if my father comes by looking,you don’t know where I am. | 如果我爸过来的话 你说不知道我在哪 |
[14:20] | What? | 什么? |
[14:21] | Listen, you got to run interference for me.ok? | 听着 你要帮我挡一下 好吗? |
[14:24] | I’d do the same with your parents. | 我也帮你挡过你父母 |
[14:25] | My parents live in Connecticut. | 我父母住在康乃狄格州 |
[14:27] | I’m willing to go. | 我想走了 |
[14:29] | As matter of fact,he’d never find me in Connecticut. | 事实上 在康乃狄格州他永远找不到我 |
[14:33] | Why are we hiding today, Ray? | 我们今天干吗要藏起来? 雷 |
[14:36] | Look at that. | 瞧这个 |
[14:38] | “Frank Barone’s ‘l Was Just Thinking.”What’s this? | “弗兰克.巴朗–我在思考”这是啥啊? |
[14:41] | It’s his column. | 这是他的专栏文章 |
[14:44] | He wants me to hand it to my editor. | 他想我把这个交给我的编辑 |
[14:47] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[14:49] | Look at this: “The chirp of the cricket has been replaced by the car alarm. | 听这个”蟋蟀的叫声被汽车警报掩盖” |
[14:53] | “God only knows what will replace the car alarm.” | “上帝知道用什么掩盖汽车警报” |
[14:56] | What is that?What could that possibly mean? | 那是什么啊? 那是什么意思啊? |
[15:00] | Oh, God, he’s out of control! | 噢 天啊 他真是失控了! |
[15:03] | “l like the smell of a freshly painted room as much as the next guy… | “我和他一样 喜欢刚粉刷完房间的味道” |
[15:06] | “but in the end,wallpaper is easier to clean.” | “但是说到底 还是墙纸更容易清洁” |
[15:12] | All right, so he’s right about that. | 好吧 这个他是说得没错 |
[15:14] | But, come on,how can I hand that to my editor? | 可是 拜托 我怎么能把这个给编辑呢? |
[15:16] | He’s gonna tear it up. | 他一定会扯烂的 |
[15:18] | You know, Ray, I think you should let your editor take a look at that. | 知道吗 雷 我觉得你该让编辑看看 |
[15:22] | Why? So everyone at work loses respect for me? | 为什么啊? 让我的同事就都不尊重我? |
[15:25] | Then I get fired, | 然后被炒鱿鱼 |
[15:26] | and you can go back to work, and I stay with the kids. | 你就会去上班 而我在家带孩子 |
[15:29] | No. | 不要想了 |
[15:30] | I will not fall for that, Delilah. | 我才不会中这个圈套呢 “撒谎黛” |
[15:34] | No, you take his name off of it, | 不是的 你把上面他的名字删掉 |
[15:37] | and then you submit it to your editor. | 然后再给你的编辑 |
[15:39] | He gives you some honest feedback . | 他会给你一些诚恳的意见 |
[15:41] | which you can pass on to your father.. | 然后你就可以转达给你爸爸 |
[15:42] | and all of this will end. | 这样一切就都结束了 |
[15:45] | Hey, that’s not fair. | 嘿 这样不公平 |
[15:48] | My editor is gonna hate this. | 我的编辑会很讨厌这个东西的 |
[15:51] | I’m doing it. I’m gonna do that. | 就这么办了 我就这么做了 |
[15:54] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:56] | Tell me the story again about the parents that live all the way in Connecticut. | 再讲讲那父母住在遥远康乃狄格州的故事 |
[16:01] | Once upon a time– | 很久以前 |
[16:02] | Slower. | 慢一点 |
[16:04] | Once upon a time– | 很久以前 |
[16:06] | Louder and funnier. | 大点声 生动点 |
[16:11] | Rob, thanks for coming over. Come on in. | 罗伯 谢谢你来 快请进 |
[16:14] | Why? | 为什么? |
[16:17] | I just wanted you to try playing with Michael again. | 我想让你再试着和麦克玩一次 |
[16:19] | Just give it one more shot. | 再试一次 |
[16:21] | No, I don’t think so. | 不要 我看就算了吧 |
[16:23] | Listen, Rob, it makes me feel terrible… | 罗伯 你觉得外甥不喜欢你 |
[16:26] | that you think one of your nephews doesn’t like you. | 这让我感觉很糟糕 |
[16:28] | Come on in. | 来 快进来吧 |
[16:32] | Robert, come on. | 罗伯特 快来吧 |
[16:39] | Just sit down. | 坐吧 |
[16:42] | Yeah, that’s not so bad. It’s Uncle Robbie. | 好的 不是什么坏事 是罗比叔叔 |
[16:46] | All right, play with Uncle Robbie. | 好的 来和罗比叔叔一起玩吧 |
[16:53] | How’re you doing? | 你好吗? |
[16:57] | Hey, Michael. | 嘿 麦克 |
[17:00] | Would you like Uncle Robert to read you a story? | 想罗伯特叔叔给你讲故事吗? |
[17:05] | He’s not that tough after all. | 他没那么难接触了 |
[17:10] | “Baby bunnies have such fun. | “小兔宝宝有很多乐趣 |
[17:13] | “Bunnies on the hop, skip, run.” | “兔宝宝忙着跑跑跳跳 |
[17:20] | Look at me and Michael. | 瞧我和麦克啊 |
[17:23] | You and Michael? | 你和麦克? |
[17:24] | No, you mean you and Geoffrey– | 不 你是说你和杰弗… |
[17:28] | Yes, Michael. | 是啊 麦克 |
[17:32] | You got it. That’s Michael. | 你说得没错 这是麦克 |
[17:34] | See? | 瞧见了吧 |
[17:37] | Hello? Hey, Bill. | 喂? 嘿 比尔 |
[17:40] | You read the column? | 你读了那个专栏? |
[17:42] | No, I didn’t write that. | 不 不是我写的 |
[17:44] | Did not write that. | 不是我写的 |
[17:45] | No, I passed it on to you from a complete stranger guy. | 不是的 一个不认识的人让我给你看 |
[17:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:57] | Was that call waiting or did a vein pop? | 那是呼叫等待还是静脉跳动? |
[18:04] | Yeah. | 是 |
[18:05] | Okay, I’m sorry. Right. So very sorry. | 好的 抱歉 好 非常抱歉 |
[18:09] | Okay, bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[18:11] | Ugly. | 难堪 |
[18:15] | That was ugly. | 真是难堪 |
[18:21] | Hi, Ray. How are you, honey? | 嗨 雷 你好吗? 亲爱的 |
[18:24] | You’re hungry? | 饿了吗? |
[18:25] | No | 不饿 |
[18:27] | Marie, I got to get my thoughts down on tapioca. | 玛丽 我得思考淀粉的问题 |
[18:31] | Like it or lump it. | 不喜欢也得忍着 |
[18:33] | That’s enough for today. | 今天就此为止 |
[18:35] | I’m gonna go lie down under the car. | 我要去躺一下 躺在车子下面 |
[18:40] | Hey, Ray! | 嘿 雷! |
[18:43] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[18:44] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[18:46] | I talked to my editor today. | 我今天跟我的编辑谈了 |
[18:50] | And? | 然后呢? |
[18:52] | I guess the newspaper is not looking for a columnist right now. | 我想现在报社不缺专栏作家吧 |
[18:57] | I don’t have to be a quote unquote columnist. | 我又不是非要当什么特约专栏作家 |
[19:00] | My pieces can run every so often in the paper. | 我的文章经常见报 |
[19:03] | They said they already got something similar to your piece in there. | 他们说已经有类似的素材了 |
[19:08] | On what? | 哪方面啊? |
[19:09] | What in your paper is similar to what I wrote? | 你那报纸上哪里跟我写的相似啊? |
[19:12] | In tone. Similar in tone is what he actually said. | 基调 他说的是文章基调的相似性 |
[19:16] | This guy sounds like he’s dodging something. | 这家伙听起来像是刻意在逃避什么 |
[19:19] | Is he some kind of an oddball here? | 他是个怪人么? |
[19:21] | He’s not an oddball. | 他不是什么怪人 |
[19:22] | It just wasn’t for him, that’s all. | 只是不对他的味儿 仅此而已 |
[19:24] | What did he say? | 他说什么了? |
[19:25] | What were his exact words? | 他到底说的什么话? |
[19:26] | I don’t know his exact word. | 我不知道 |
[19:27] | What do you mean?You can’t remember what he said? | 你什么意思? 你不记得他的话了? |
[19:30] | You don’t want to hear it. | 你不会想听的 |
[19:32] | Don’t tell me what I wanna hear or what I don’t wanna hear! | 别跟我说什么我想听不想听的! |
[19:35] | Tell me what he said! | 告诉我他说什么了! |
[19:36] | He said it was embarrassing! | 他说很丢人 |
[19:41] | What? | 什么? |
[19:44] | He said it was embarrassing. | 他说很丢人 |
[19:50] | What else did he say? | 他还说什么了? |
[19:52] | Dad… | 爸爸… |
[19:53] | What else did he say?! | 他还说什么了?! |
[19:55] | He said it was amateurish. | 他说水平很业余 |
[19:59] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[20:01] | I’m sorry, Dad. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[20:03] | No, it’s okay. | 没事 没关系 |
[20:06] | You know what,you can’t trust what this guy says. | 你知道吗 你不能相信这个家伙的话 |
[20:08] | What does he know? He’s an oddball, that guy. | 他知道什么啊? 那家伙是个怪胎 |
[20:11] | So what if you’re not in the paper, you’re in the Digest. | 上不了报纸怕什么 你都上过文摘了 |
[20:15] | Amateurish! | 业余水平! |
[20:17] | Twenty-seven million people in 19 languages. | 2700万读者 19种语言 |
[20:21] | People are reading this in Germany and Japan as we speak, Dad. | 人们可以看到德语版 日语版 |
[20:25] | Nobody reads newspapers. | 谁会看报纸啊 |
[20:29] | You know, I was feeling so good. Now I don’t know. | 之前我感觉好极了 现在又有点不清楚了 |
[20:32] | Dad, the Digest. Send it in to the Digest. | 爸爸 文摘 发给文摘啊 |
[20:37] | I did! They didn’t like it either. | 我发了 他们也不喜欢 |
[20:40] | That’s why I tried your stupid paper! | 所以我才找你们那个破报社! |
[20:46] | Come on, you just can’t give up, Dad. | 别这样爸爸 你不能就这么放弃 爸爸 |
[20:48] | You still got all those Roy stories in there. | 你还有那些”阿磊”的故事在构思中哪 |
[20:51] | Come on! | 别这样 |
[20:52] | What about Everyman? What happened to the Everyman? | 平凡人哪? 平凡人的故事怎样啦? |
[20:55] | You got all those opinions,they’re just fermenting in there. | 你的那些点子都在你的脑子里酝酿哪 |
[20:58] | You got to let them out, Dad,or you’re gonna explode. | 你得让他们释放出来 爸爸 迸发出来 |
[21:03] | You’re right. I’ve got opinions. | 你说的对 我有想法 |
[21:05] | That’s right | 没错 |
[21:06] | Who can I share them with? | 我和谁一起分享哪 |
[21:07] | Come on, there’s always– | 拜托 一直都有… |
[21:09] | My family! | 我的家人! |
[21:10] | I was thinking guys at the lodge… | 我觉得是那个看更 |
[21:13] | and people at bus stops and clerks. | 汽车站的人 还有那些店员 |
[21:16] | Wait. Here’s one. | 等下 这儿有一个 |
[21:19] | “Poetry! Get to the point!” | “诗歌! 直奔主题!” |
[21:24] | Who could argue with that? | 谁能反驳啊? |
[21:26] | “How about those poems that don’t even rhyme? | “那些根本不压韵的诗歌呢? |
[21:29] | “That is this man’s definition of lazy.” | “这就是这个男人对懒惰的定义” |
[21:34] | My job is done here. | 我的任务完成了 |
[21:36] | “Make up your mind, America… | “下定决心吧 美国 |
[21:38] | “is it often or of-ten?” | “应该叫’时常’还是’经常’?” |
[21:43] | You’re the king of those. | 你是这方面的佼佼者 |
[21:45] | All right, I’m gonna go run and tell everybody. | 好了 我一定会奔走相告的 |
[21:47] | Hey Ray | 嘿 雷 |
[21:50] | What did you think of my column? | 你觉得我那篇专栏文章写得怎样? |
[21:56] | I thought it was great, Dad. | 我觉得很棒 爸爸 |
[21:59] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[22:06] | “Amish people, friend or foe?” | “安曼派教徒 朋友还是敌人?” |
[22:14] | “日本东京” | |
[22:25] | Roy! | 阿磊 |
[22:35] | Roy! | 阿磊 |