时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Take a look at your daughter. | 看看你女儿 |
[00:12] | Yeah, so? She looks happy. | 怎么了?她看起来很高兴啊 |
[00:14] | She’s happy. That’s very happy. | 她高兴 那是高兴过头了 |
[00:17] | What, should we call a doctor, Ray? | 怎么 我们要叫医生么 雷? |
[00:21] | I’m just saying, look how good it is to be five. | 我只是说 五岁是个多好的年纪啊 |
[00:25] | You’re truly happy at five. Your happiness peaks at five. | 五岁的时候那么快乐 快乐到了极点 |
[00:31] | – Come on. I’m happy. – You’re not that happy. | -怎么了嘛 我很快乐啊 -但没有她那么快乐 |
[00:36] | You can’t be. Look at her. Ally, what are you thinking of? | 不可能的 看看她 艾丽 你在想什么呢? |
[00:39] | Candy. | 糖果 |
[00:42] | Candy! | 糖果 |
[00:44] | You’re that happy? When was the last time you daydreamed about candy? | 你能那么快乐么?你上次做白日梦想着糖果是什么时候的事了? |
[00:47] | You can’t do that as an adult. Try, you don’t get far. | 成年人做不了的 试试看做不到的 |
[00:50] | Candy. Cavities. | 糖果 糖果 蛀牙 |
[00:55] | No money. Who am I? Why am I here? | 没钱了 我是谁?我在这干嘛? |
[01:01] | What am I doing? Am I gay? | 我在干什么 我是不是同性恋? |
[01:05] | See? Candy doesn’t work. | 看到没?糖果对成年人不管用 |
[01:08] | Try this candy. | 尝尝这颗糖 |
[01:16] | Happy now? | 高兴了? |
[01:19] | Candy. | 糖果 |
[01:24] | Hi, I’m Ray, and I live here in Long Island with my wife Debra. | 嗨 我叫雷 跟我老婆黛博拉住在长岛 |
[01:28] | She’s great with the kids, the house, everything. | 她很会带孩子 很会收拾 总之很能干 |
[01:31] | I don’t know how she does it. | 我都不知道她是怎么做到的 |
[01:33] | We’ve got a daughter Ally… | 我们有个女儿叫艾丽 |
[01:34] | and twin two-year-old boys. | 还有两个两岁大的双胞胎儿子 |
[01:37] | It’s not really about the kids. | 孩子们并不是最大的问题 |
[01:40] | My parents live across the street. | 问题是我父母就住在街对面 |
[01:43] | That’s right. | 就是这样 |
[01:45] | And my brother lives with them. | 我哥哥还跟他们住在一起 |
[01:48] | Now, not every family would go by on a conveyor belt for you… | 现在并不是每个家庭都会有家人络绎不绝的造访 |
[01:51] | but mine would because… | 不过 我家就会 因为 |
[01:53] | Everybody loves Raymond. | 人人都爱雷蒙德 |
[01:55] | Yeah. | 说对了 是的 是的 |
[02:12] | Will you stop? You’re driving me nuts, Frank. | 别撕了行么?烦死了 弗兰克 |
[02:19] | I said stop! | 我说你别撕了 |
[02:21] | This is who you are now? | 你怎么这样了? |
[02:23] | Tearing out coupons like you’re in a home for old ladies? | 跟老太太一样在家撕优惠券? |
[02:26] | I find it relaxing. | 我从中感到放松 |
[02:31] | – Fish sticks? – Yes. | -冻鱼条? -对 |
[02:34] | You don’t eat fish sticks. | 你不吃冻鱼条的 |
[02:35] | I once made them for you and you said that’s not the way God wanted fish. | 我曾经做过一次 你说不应该这么做鱼 |
[02:39] | You never made them. | 你没做过 |
[02:40] | – I did, too. – Not for me. | -我做过 -不是给我做的 |
[02:43] | – When did you make fish sticks? – When they first came out. | -你什么时候做过冻鱼条? -刚出的时候我就做过 |
[02:49] | – Hi. – Hello, Ray. | -嗨 -你好 雷 |
[02:52] | – You hungry? – No, I just ate. | -饿吗? -不饿 我刚吃过了 |
[02:56] | No. Don’t lie to me. Sit down. | 不 别骗我 坐下 |
[02:59] | What are you guys doing Saturday? | 你们周六有什么打算? |
[03:01] | Here, Jell-O for the kids. Save 30 cents. | 这个 给孩子的果子冻 能省30美分 |
[03:05] | Thanks, Dad. Now I can buy that boat. | 谢谢 老爸 现在我够钱买船了 |
[03:09] | What’s Saturday, dear? | 周六有什么事 亲爱的? |
[03:11] | Debra’s parents. | 黛博拉的父母要来 |
[03:13] | Not Howie and Eva. | 不是霍伊和伊娃 |
[03:15] | Warren and Lois, Dad. You’re not even close. | 沃伦和洛伊斯 你还没见过 |
[03:19] | Why don’t you see if they got a coupon in there for shock treatments? | 你可以看看他们有没有休克疗法的优惠券 |
[03:23] | No, we’re busy Saturday. | 不行 我们周六很忙 |
[03:25] | Come on, Ma, they don’t come that often. | 别这样 妈妈 他们很少过来的 |
[03:27] | No, they’re too busy gallivanting around the world. | 是啊 他们光忙着环游世界了 |
[03:31] | Where did they go for Christmas last year? Morocco? | 他们去年圣诞节去哪了?摩洛哥? |
[03:36] | – So what? – What are they trying to prove? | -所以呢? -他们到底想证明什么? |
[03:39] | They’re so pretentious. | 他们太自以为是了 |
[03:40] | I always have to hear about how beautiful it is in Connecticut. | 总不停地说康涅狄格有多漂亮 |
[03:44] | Look, you have to see your in-laws. They’re gonna be across the street. | 听着 你们总得见见亲家 他们就在街对面 |
[03:47] | – What, are you gonna hide? – I’ve got a chair now up in the attic. | -难不成 你们要藏起来吗? -我在阁楼有把椅子 |
[03:52] | Come on, you know how Debra is with this family thing. | 别这样 你们也知道黛博拉有多注重家庭关系 |
[03:56] | I know, it’s insane. | 我知道 很蠢 |
[03:58] | Please, look, I promise it’ll all be over before Warren can say: | 拜托了 我保证在沃伦说出 |
[04:02] | “I bought another sculpture.” | 我又买了个雕塑 之前结束话题 |
[04:06] | He’s such an ass. | 他就是那么混帐 |
[04:10] | What about Lois: “I prefer dark chocolate.” | 洛伊斯又如何 我喜欢黑巧克力 |
[04:16] | Good, so you’ll come. You can find new things to make fun of them. | 很好 你们可以过来了吧 可以找点新话题拿他们找乐 |
[04:20] | It’s for Debra, really. | 主要是为了黛博拉 |
[04:22] | Couldn’t you tell Debra, once and for all, it’s enough with her parents? | 你就不能坚决地告诉黛博拉 她的父母烦死了吗? |
[04:27] | – What are you talking about? – Don’t you feel the same way about them? | -你说什么呢? -你没有这种感觉吗? |
[04:32] | No, Ma. I like them. | 没有 妈妈 我挺喜欢他们的 |
[04:34] | – Come on. – What? | -少来了 -怎么了嘛? |
[04:35] | Come on. You hate their guts. | 少来 你恨死他们了 |
[04:39] | Enough already, okay? | 够了吧 好不好? |
[04:41] | All right, look, so they’re a little sophisticated. | 好吧 他们是有那么点烦 |
[04:44] | He admits it, we’re better. | 他承认了 我们比他们强 |
[04:48] | You know they’re not my favorite people. But you’ve got to be nice Saturday. | 你知道 他们不是我喜欢的那类人 但周六你们要友好点 |
[04:52] | It’s for Debra and for me, indirectly. | 为了黛博拉 间接也为了我 |
[04:55] | I will be my usual charming self. | 我会像往常一样迷人 |
[04:58] | I’ll even bring a present. | 我还会带礼物呢 |
[04:59] | Here, 30 cents off, Dijon Mustard. | 这个 省30美分 第戎芥末(第戎: 法国城市) |
[05:04] | A Poupon coupon. | 打折券 |
[05:09] | Yes. | 对 对 |
[05:10] | Good to see you two getting along. | 很高兴看到你俩这么合拍 |
[05:21] | Who taught you how to dust? | 谁教你扫灰的? |
[05:24] | Self-taught. | 自学的 |
[05:26] | Listen, I’ll do that. You go and straighten all that stuff up there. Okay? | 听着 还是我来吧 你去把那个弄好 |
[05:31] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么玩意? |
[05:34] | Careful. | 小心 |
[05:35] | – What is it? – I just bought it at a gallery today. | -这是什么? -我今天刚从展览馆买的 |
[05:37] | – It’s Peruvian. Isn’t it great? – Yeah. | -秘鲁人雕塑 很棒吧? -恩 |
[05:40] | Where does the pepper come out? | 胡椒粉要从哪出来? |
[05:45] | They’re here. Hurry up. | 他们来了 快点 |
[05:49] | Are those the pants you’re wearing? | 你就穿那条裤子? |
[05:52] | No. | 不 不是 |
[05:54] | Ray, don’t! Put it back. | 雷 住手 把裤子系好 |
[05:59] | Hello, sweetie pie. | 你好啊 甜心 |
[06:15] | – Hello, Ray. – Hello. | -你好 雷 -你好 |
[06:17] | I was just… | 我只是… |
[06:20] | dusting. | 在扫灰 |
[06:23] | Crazy as ever. | 还那么疯 |
[06:25] | There’s no off switch here, Warren. | 改不了了 沃伦 |
[06:29] | Hello, darling. Where are the kids? | 你好 亲爱的 孩子们呢? |
[06:31] | Jail. | 监狱 |
[06:34] | It’s naptime. | 在午睡呢 |
[06:37] | Honey, this is beautiful. | 亲爱的 这太漂亮了 |
[06:40] | – I love Peruvian art. – It’s Incan. | -我喜欢秘鲁人的艺术品 -那是印加人 |
[06:44] | – Machu Picchu. – Gesundheit. | -马丘比丘(马丘比丘:一个古代印加人的堡垒城市) -干杯 |
[06:47] | He always says that. | 他总这么说 |
[06:50] | And it’s funny every time. | 每次都很搞笑啊 |
[06:56] | – It’s us. – Hello, in-laws. | -我们来了 -你们好啊 亲家 |
[06:58] | Hello, darling. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[07:00] | Hello, sweetie. | 你好 甜心 |
[07:04] | – This is for you. – You shouldn’t have. | -这是送你的 -你太破费了 |
[07:07] | It’s a box of the finest milk chocolate. | 是一盒最好的牛奶巧克力 |
[07:11] | Thank you, Marie. I still haven’t quite finished the last box. | 谢谢 玛丽 上一盒我还没吃完呢 |
[07:17] | Warren, how’ve you been? | 沃伦 最近好吗? |
[07:18] | Where are you going on your next vacation, Maui? | 下次打算去哪渡假?毛伊岛? |
[07:25] | A little further, actually. | 实际上 比那还要远 |
[07:27] | – We’re going to Vietnam. – What? | -我们要去越南 -什么? |
[07:30] | Vietnam? What, do you owe Charlie some payback? | 越南?你欠查理钱吗? |
[07:38] | I’ve been reading that Vietnam is a fascinating place to go now. | 我知道越南是个值得去的地方 |
[07:41] | I would love to see it. | 我也很想去看看呢 |
[07:43] | Or we could just rent Apocalypse Now. | 我们要不要租本启示录? |
[07:50] | So, Marie. | 那么 玛丽 |
[07:52] | What’s new with you? Have you seen any new shows in town? | 你最近如何?有没有看什么新节目? |
[07:56] | I saw The Three Tenors last week on TV. I think PBS is wonderful. | 上周我看了三大男高音 我觉得PBS是最棒的 |
[08:01] | Until they start asking for money. | 直到他们上个月开始收费了 |
[08:05] | We just saw some very funky experimental stuff… | 我们看了些有个性的东西 |
[08:09] | at the Performing Garage. | 在表演台????? |
[08:12] | – And we saw Stomp. – I love Stomp. | -还看了Stomp(跺脚舞) -我喜欢Stomp |
[08:16] | Who’s Stomp? | 谁是Stomp? |
[08:19] | It’s sort of like a rhythmic dance. | 那是一种韵律舞蹈 |
[08:21] | These guys, sort of bang together anything they can find… | 有些人 踢所有能找到的东西 |
[08:24] | trash cans, hub caps, brooms. | 拉圾罐 瓶盖 扫帚 |
[08:27] | And you loved it? | 你就喜欢那个? |
[08:30] | Loved it. We’re going back. | 很喜欢 我们还会去看的 |
[08:33] | – How much do they charge for this? – $40. | -每次收多少钱? -40美元 |
[08:38] | For $20, I’ll bang on my garbage cans till your ears bleed. | 给我20美元 我踢所有的垃圾 让你听到耳朵流血 |
[08:45] | Look at this. | 看这里 |
[08:47] | That’s $12. | 12美元就行 |
[08:53] | – Can I see you in the kitchen, right now? – Okay. | -雷 能来下厨房吗? -好的 |
[08:57] | Here I come. | 看我的 |
[09:00] | Another $15. | 另收15美元 |
[09:06] | What are you guys doing? | 你们在干什么呢? |
[09:09] | Nothing. We’re stomping. | 没什么 就是在跺脚 |
[09:13] | – You’re making fun of my parents. – No. | -你们在取笑我父母 -没有 |
[09:17] | All right, we’re making a little fun of them. | 好吧 是找了点小乐 |
[09:21] | Vietnam. | 越南 |
[09:24] | It comes from love. | 由爱而生 |
[09:27] | I know you’re not crazy about them, but can’t you at least pretend? | 我知道你不喜欢他们 但你就不能假装一下吗? |
[09:30] | I am pretending. No, I mean… | 我是在假装啊 不 不 我是说… |
[09:33] | I love your parents. In fact, you’re robbing me of my time with them. | 我喜欢你父母 实际上 你在剥夺我跟他们相处的时间 |
[09:40] | Where the hell have you been? | 你们去哪了? |
[09:44] | – Everything okay? – Yeah, couldn’t be better. | -一切还好吗? -再好不过了 |
[09:46] | We were just saying it’s a shame we don’t spend more time together. | 我们刚刚还说 我们应该长聚聚 |
[09:50] | We were just thinking the same thing. | 我们也正有此意 |
[09:54] | So, why don’t we all have dinner together tomorrow night? | 所以我们明晚一起吃晚餐吧? |
[10:01] | We have a reservation at Le Bernardus. We’ll just expand it. We’ll all go. | 我们在拉 伯纳德餐厅订了位子 再加位就行了 一起去吧 |
[10:06] | That’s a four-star restaurant. | 那可是四星级餐厅 |
[10:08] | No, thank you. We don’t go to those kinds of places because… | 不 谢谢了 我们不去那种地方 因为… |
[10:11] | – it’s just too much. – I don’t like to get dressed. | -不适合我们 -我不喜欢喜欢西装革履的 |
[10:15] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[10:18] | In fact, Ray, bring your brother. | 实际上 雷 叫上你哥哥 |
[10:22] | Oh, boy. | 哦 天哪 |
[10:24] | Doesn’t this sound like fun? Come on, you guys, our treat. | 听起来很有意思吧?来吧 我们请客 |
[10:29] | It would mean so much to us. | 这对我们很重要的 |
[10:32] | But we’re just so very busy. | 但我们实在是很忙 |
[10:36] | We’re not too busy for our in-laws. | 但还是有时间陪亲家的 |
[10:38] | Yes, Le Bernardus. The whole family. Together. | 好的 拉 伯纳德餐厅 一家人 |
[10:42] | Great. | 太好了 |
[10:44] | It’s gonna be so thrilling. | 真是让人高兴的直发抖 |
[10:48] | It’ll be more fun than Vietnam. | 应该会比越南好玩 |
[11:07] | Bonsoir, welcome to Le Bernardus. | 你们好 欢迎来到拉 伯纳德餐厅 |
[11:10] | Holy crap! | 天哪 |
[11:17] | We’re with the Whalen party. | 我们要找沃伦订的桌 |
[11:19] | Yes, your hosts have arrived already. I’ll be glad to take you to your table. | 好的 主人已经到了 很高兴为你们领位 |
[11:23] | – Am I going to have to tip this guy? – We’ll seat ourselves. Thank you. | -我要给这家伙小费吗? -我们自己找位置好了 谢谢 |
[11:27] | Come on, let’s go. | 快点 |
[11:29] | What’s with your parents? It’s like the first time they’ve worn shoes. | 你父母怎么回事?跟乡巴佬一样 |
[11:37] | What? What is it? | 怎么了?什么事? |
[11:39] | Isn’t this one of those joints with those dressed-up waiters? | 这就是衣冠楚楚的侍应生? |
[11:42] | Yeah. What’s wrong with dressed-up waiters? | 对 衣冠楚楚的侍应生怎么了? |
[11:44] | They give me the willies. | 他们让我紧张 |
[11:47] | They just put me on the spot, you know? It’s like authority figures. | 就好像把我放到了聚光灯下 知道吗?官方发言???? |
[11:50] | Authority figures? You’re a police sergeant. You out-rank the waiter. | 官方发言?你可是警官 跟他们不是一个档次的 |
[11:56] | But how is he going to know? | 但他怎么知道? |
[11:58] | Come on. It’ll be all right. | 来吧 没事的 |
[12:03] | Officer Robert. | 罗伯特警官 |
[12:05] | – How are you? – Fine. | -你怎么样啊 -很好 |
[12:09] | – Hello, Robert. – How are you? | -你好 罗伯特 -你好 |
[12:11] | How’s police work treating you? | 警察的工作怎么样? |
[12:13] | One day you’re rescuing a puppy, the next day fishing a skull out of a toilet. | 前一天在勇救小狗 转一天却在厕所里捞头骨 |
[12:23] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[12:27] | Hello, I’m Gerard. Here are your menus. | 你好 我是杰勒德 这是你们的菜单 |
[12:32] | Excuse me, but there’s so much silverware on the table. | 不好意思 桌子上有很多银器 |
[12:35] | What’s all this silverware for? | 是干什么用的? |
[12:38] | – For you to eat with. – No, that’s too much. | -是你的餐具 -不不 太浪费了 |
[12:43] | This is wasteful. I’ve got five forks. Take three back. | 太浪费了 这有五把叉子 拿回三个去 |
[12:48] | And all these plates means extra washing. Give me your plates. | 这么多盘子都要洗 把你的盘子给我 |
[12:55] | Me, too. I don’t need all these glasses. How many mouths do you think I got? | 我也是 我不要这么多杯子 我哪有那么多张嘴 |
[13:01] | I have too many parents. Could you take one of them, please? | 我父母太多了 你能带走一个吗? |
[13:04] | I’ll be back shortly with tonight’s specials. | 稍后我会带今晚的特色菜过来 |
[13:08] | What kind of food do they serve here? | 这里都有什么菜? |
[13:10] | – I believe it’s French. – Ever been to France? | -应该是法国菜 -去过法国吗? |
[13:13] | No, we’re not world travelers. | 不 我们不喜欢环球旅行 |
[13:15] | France is so lovely. You have to go. | 法国很漂亮的 你们应该去看看 |
[13:19] | I don’t appreciate the French… | 我不喜欢法国 |
[13:22] | as a people. | 人 |
[13:24] | I find them annoying. | 我觉得他们很讨厌 |
[13:29] | Truly. | 真的 |
[13:32] | You’re an interesting man. | 你可真有意思 |
[13:35] | – Remember that time in Provence? – This is funny. | -记得上次在普罗斯旺吗? -那次很有趣 |
[13:40] | We were in Provence… | 我们那时在普罗斯旺 |
[13:42] | and I asked our waiter, “What are all these little herbs sprinkled on everything?” | 我问侍应生 怎么所有菜里都有香草呢? |
[13:47] | And the waiter says, “Herbes de Provence.” | 侍应生说 普罗斯旺的香草(普罗斯旺盛产香草) |
[13:56] | – Fresh bread. – Here we go. | -新鲜面包 -开始了 |
[14:01] | Look at all that bread. | 看看这些面包 |
[14:05] | I’m so glad we came here. | 真高兴我们来这了 |
[14:07] | – You got any rye bread? – No, sir, I’m sorry. We do not. | -有没有黑麦面包? -对比起 先生 没有 |
[14:12] | I like rye bread. | 我喜欢黑麦面包 |
[14:13] | They don’t have any, Dad. | 他们没有黑麦面包 老爸 |
[14:15] | I’ll have a baguette over here. | 给我个长棍面包 |
[14:17] | You got all these kinds of bread. You don’t have rye bread. It’s very common. | 你们这什么面包都有 就是没有黑麦面包 那是种很普通的面包 |
[14:21] | What do you do when Jewish people come in here? | 如果犹太人来吃饭 你们要怎么办? |
[14:24] | Would you like to speak with the manager, sir? | 你需要跟经理谈谈吗 先生? |
[14:27] | Is he Jewish? | 他是犹太人吗? |
[14:28] | Dad, just take a roll, okay? | 老爸 拿圆面包 好吗? |
[14:31] | Sorry, man. | 抱歉 伙计 |
[14:34] | Don’t apologize. The customer is always right. | 有什么好道歉的 顾客就是上帝 |
[14:37] | – Am I right? – I would never argue with you, Frank. | -我说的对吧? -我永远不会跟你争论是非 弗兰克 |
[14:41] | I don’t get these places. | 我真是不明白这些地方 |
[14:43] | Perhaps you’d like to hear tonight’s specials. | 也许你们想听我介绍一下今晚的特色菜 |
[14:45] | – Please. – In addition to the menu… | -请说 -根据菜单… |
[14:47] | the chef has prepared a crab in a puff pastry. | 厨师准备了螃蟹酥皮糕点 |
[14:50] | It’s a Dungeness crab in a light butter and garlic sauce. | 是在螃蟹上涂上白奶油和蒜酱 |
[14:53] | How much is that? | 那要多少钱? |
[14:55] | – It’s $32. – Oh, geezaloo! | -30美元 -哦 我的天哪 |
[14:59] | Now, Frank, you’re not allowed to look at the prices tonight. | 弗兰克 今晚不准你看价钱 |
[15:02] | Warren, wake up, will you? | 沃伦 快醒醒 |
[15:04] | This guy’s got both his hands in your pocket. | 这家伙盯着你的钱呢 |
[15:08] | Could we have a minute here, please? | 能稍等一分钟吗? |
[15:10] | – Certainly. – Thank you. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[15:13] | Thanks. This guy’s really working me. | 谢谢 我真挺喜欢这家伙的 |
[15:18] | Frank, I assure you, it’s okay. We’ve been here before. | 弗兰克 我保证 没关系的 我们以前来过这 |
[15:22] | So you don’t even know when you’re being taken? | 那么说 你被骗了钱都不知道? |
[15:25] | Dad, nobody’s being taken, all right? Calm down. | 老爸 没人被骗钱 知道吗?冷静点 |
[15:28] | Just try to enjoy yourself. | 享受生活 |
[15:30] | Frank has an eye for value. | 弗兰克的价值观真是独到 |
[15:32] | You’re really comfortable in a place like this? | 你们在这样的地方不别扭吗? |
[15:35] | It seems so unnecessary. | 真的没必要的 |
[15:37] | Of course, it’s not necessary, Marie. It’s a luxury. | 当然有必要 玛丽 这就是奢侈 |
[15:41] | But sometimes a little luxury is necessary. | 有时候奢侈也是有必要的 |
[15:45] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[15:48] | See, Marie… | 你看 玛丽 |
[15:49] | every once in a while, my family just likes to try and enjoy life. | 偶尔 我的父母只是想享受生活 |
[15:54] | I guess we just don’t understand. | 我想我们还是不明白 |
[15:57] | Well, not everyone can understand everything. | 没有人是洞悉一切的 |
[16:02] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那又是什么意思? |
[16:04] | – It’s all right, Dad, it’s okay. – You’re taking their side now? | -没什么 老爸 没什么 -你跟他们一个战线了? |
[16:08] | Is anyone else hot and cold? | 有没有谁又冷又热??? |
[16:14] | Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea. | 也许这不是个好主意 |
[16:16] | Of course it’s not a good idea. It’s a bad idea. | 当然不是什么好主意 糟透了 |
[16:20] | It’s a very bad idea. What, am I the only one who can see this? | 糟透了的主意 怎么只有我发现了吗? |
[16:23] | What’re you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[16:24] | These people shouldn’t be at the same table together. | 这些人根本就不应该坐在同一张桌子上 |
[16:27] | They shouldn’t be in the same state. | 根本就不应该在同一个州 |
[16:29] | My parents like to stay home and watch TV, and your parents honeymoon in Cambodia. | 我父母喜欢待在家里看电视 而你父母喜欢到柬埔寨度蜜月 |
[16:33] | Excuse me, Sri Lanka. | 不好意思 兰卡先生 |
[16:35] | – Who cares? – Ray! | -谁在乎啊? -雷 |
[16:38] | I mean, I care. | 我是说 我在乎 |
[16:40] | I know you care because that’s the kind of people you are. | 我知道你在乎是因为你跟他们是同一种人 |
[16:42] | You like to make jokes about herbs that nobody gets… | 你喜欢拿香草开玩笑 但没人… |
[16:45] | and you go to France, and you go to Stomp! | 你们去法国 去看跺脚舞 |
[16:47] | And you go to some basement in a village… | 去到小山村的地下室 |
[16:49] | to watch a transvestite carve a yam into a monkey. | 看异装癖如何将山芋雕成猴子 |
[16:57] | Why, Ray… | 怎么 雷 |
[16:58] | I had no idea you felt that way about us. | 我从不知道你是这样看我们 |
[17:02] | I don’t! I don’t feel that way. | 我没有 我没有那样 |
[17:05] | I don’t, I’m just… | 我没有 我只是… |
[17:08] | I’m making conversation. | 我只是起个话头 |
[17:28] | Don’t you have to go to your house? | 你不用回家吗? |
[17:31] | I can’t. I took your side. | 我不能 我选了你们这边 |
[17:34] | I may have to wait until the Red Cross tells me it’s safe to go back. | 我也需要等红十字军告诉我什么时候能回去 |
[17:40] | Boy, they were pretty mad! | 天哪 他们真是疯了 |
[17:43] | – You know what? Who could blame them? – What? | -你知道吗?他们有什么错呢? -什么? |
[17:46] | I was mortified, the way you behaved tonight. | 你今晚的表现让我尴尬死了 |
[17:49] | – Me? – You blew the whole evening. | -我? -你把整晚都毁了 |
[17:52] | – Where did you learn your manners? – What are you talking about? | -你怎么这么没教养呢? -你在说什么呀? |
[17:55] | Great dinner, Raymond. | 晚餐很不错 雷蒙德 |
[17:57] | I think I’ll go to my room and chew on some jerky. | 我想我要回房间继续嚼牛肉干了 |
[18:03] | Marie, cook something, will you? | 玛丽 做点吃的好吗? |
[18:05] | Thanks to your son, we didn’t even get to eat. | 托你儿子的福 我们今晚都没吃东西 |
[18:08] | I got some frozen ziti and some leftover turkey. | 还有点凉的意大利面和剩下的火鸡 |
[18:13] | Not exactly four-star, is it? | 算不上四星级 对吧? |
[18:16] | You embarrassed us. | 你让我们丢脸了 |
[18:18] | Wait a minute. I don’t get you guys. You didn’t want to go. | 等等 我真不明白你们 你们不想去的 |
[18:21] | You complained the whole time. What are you mad at me for? | 一直在抱怨不停 现在干吗冲我发火? |
[18:23] | – You were rude. – I was rude? | -你太没礼貌了 -我没礼貌? |
[18:26] | Yes. We didn’t raise you like that. | 没错 我们可不是这样教育你的 |
[18:28] | – You don’t insult your host. – Not to their face. | -不要侮辱主人 -不要当面侮辱 |
[18:32] | Where’s your discretion? | 你的判断力哪去了? |
[18:34] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么呢? |
[18:37] | I only said what I said because of you two. | 我是因为你们才说的那些话 |
[18:39] | – What did we do? – What did you do? | -我们干什么了? -你干什么了? |
[18:42] | It was like the night the hillbillies landed. | 你们就像刘姥姥进了大观园 |
[18:45] | All I did was try to save the man some money. | 我只是想帮他省钱而已 |
[18:48] | You were the one going on about yams and transvestites, dear. | 你才是那个说什么山芋和异装癖的人 |
[18:53] | I’ll tell you something else. | 再跟你说件事 |
[18:54] | There were things on that menu I could’ve gone for right now. | 菜单上有我喜欢的菜??? |
[18:58] | I thought you knew more about what being a family meant. | 我以为你了解家庭的含义 |
[19:01] | What would happen to the world… | 这世界是怎么了 |
[19:03] | if everybody told their families what they actually thought? | 人人都要跟家人说实话吗? |
[19:08] | Maybe you should think before you speak. | 你应该三思而后行 |
[19:18] | I’m a man without a country. | 我是个没有归属的人 |
[19:35] | You’re up? | 你醒了? |
[19:37] | I couldn’t believe you tonight, Ray, you were so rude. | 我真不敢相信你今晚的行为 雷 真是太粗鲁了 |
[19:42] | Good, it’s unanimous. | 很好 你我达成一致 |
[19:44] | Let me ask you something, Ray. | 我问你些事 雷 |
[19:46] | Do you know how many things I can find wrong with your parents? | 你知道我能找出你父母多少毛病吗? |
[19:49] | That’s like asking how many rocks are there. | 就像问那有多少石头一样 |
[19:55] | How would you like it if I went there and told your parents… | 如果我跑到你父母面前 |
[19:58] | – all the things I didn’t like about them? – Great. | -说我有多讨厌他们 你会如何? -很好 |
[20:01] | I’ll get the video camera. | 我去拿摄像机 |
[20:03] | Narrow-minded, intrusive, completely insensitive… | 小心眼 异常迟钝 |
[20:07] | oblivious, and cheap. | 健忘 还有 吝啬 |
[20:09] | Okay, now let’s do my mother. | 好吧 该说我妈妈了 |
[20:11] | – I’m serious, Ray. – I know. | -我是认真的 雷 -我知道 |
[20:14] | Except I would never say anything… | 我至今没说 |
[20:16] | because the closeness of this family is very important to me. | 是因为家庭关系对我来说很重要 |
[20:19] | Yeah, evenings like this. | 对 就像今晚 |
[20:22] | – Look, I’m very sorry, really. – You’re sorry? | -听着 对不起 非常抱歉 真的 -你抱歉? |
[20:26] | – What are you sorry for? – I’m sorry… | -为什么抱歉? -我很抱歉… |
[20:29] | we have parents. | 我们有父母 |
[20:31] | – Come on, Ray. – I’m sorry. | -别这样 雷 -对不起 |
[20:34] | I didn’t want to insult them. I was embarrassed and I snapped. | 我并不想侮辱他们 我当时太尴尬了 所以就发了脾气 |
[20:39] | I didn’t want to insult your parents. I’m sorry I ruined the evening. | 我并不想侮辱你父母 我很抱歉毁了这个夜晚 |
[20:43] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[20:45] | There’s a “what else?” | 还有么? |
[20:47] | You’re going to call my parents tomorrow and apologize… | 你明天要给我父母打电话道歉 |
[20:50] | Yes, of course, I look forward to it. | 对 当然 我期盼着 |
[20:52] | I’d call them right now, but they’re probably at a midnight show of Mummenschanz. | 我本想马上打电话 但估计他们正在欣赏午夜哑剧 |
[21:02] | Come on, please, just forgive me… | 别这样 求你 原谅我 |
[21:05] | I’ll throw in a dinner for two at Le Bernardus. | 我明天再去餐厅订位 |
[21:10] | Does it have to be with you? | 一定要跟你去吗? |
[21:12] | Yes. You’re stuck with me. | 对 我是缠定你了 |
[21:17] | – Okay? – Okay. Jerk. | -好吗? -好吧 混蛋 |
[21:21] | You know what really worried me tonight? You started to remind me of your parents. | 你知道今晚最让我担心的是什么吗?我发现你和你父母同出一辙 |
[21:26] | There’s no need to name-call. | 不要再骂人了吧 |
[21:29] | The other thing that bothered me is, I think I’m a little bit like mine. | 另一件事就是 我也跟我父母很像 |
[21:32] | – Yeah, but, see, there’s a difference. – What? | -对 但还是有区别的 -是什么? |
[21:35] | I don’t mind you. | 你没让我发现 |
[21:38] | Guess I don’t mind you, either. | 估计我也没发现 |
[21:40] | – Our wedding vows. – I know. | -我们的婚礼誓词 -我知道 |
[21:45] | So we just made up. | 那么说 我们和好了 |
[21:48] | I think it might be time for make-up sex. | 也许该来个和好上床了 |
[21:51] | Does it have to be with you? | 一定要跟你么? |