时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Look who’s here. | 看谁在那. |
[00:06] | -Listen, I got to go, okay? I’m late. -Okay. | -听着, 我必须走了, 快要迟到了. -好的. |
[00:08] | -See you guys. -Okay, bye. | -回来见. -好的, 拜拜. |
[00:10] | -Bye, Dad. -Bye. | -拜, 爸爸. -拜. |
[00:13] | -I’m late. -Yeah, Ray, listen… | -我真的要迟了. -等一下, 雷… |
[00:14] | Ally drew a picture of our family and she wants to put it on the fridge. | 艾丽画了一幅关于我们家庭的图画 她想把它挂在冰箱上。 |
[00:18] | Yeah, so? | 嗯,怎么了? |
[00:19] | Look at it. There’s Ally and the twins, and there’s you and me and… | 你自己看. 这是艾丽和双胞胎, 这是你和我。 |
[00:22] | look at your parents. | 再看看你的父母 |
[00:24] | Oh, she made them giants. | 哦,她把他们画这么巨大. |
[00:27] | Yeah. | 就是. |
[00:29] | With sharp teeth and claws. | 还有削尖的牙跟爪子。 |
[00:32] | Yeah, and they’re attacking our house. | 显然他们正在攻击我们家的房子. |
[00:35] | -Stop it. I’m showing him. -No, this way. It goes this way. | -停一下. 我给你做示范. -不,这条轨道.是从这条轨道推。 |
[00:39] | She’s very perceptive. | 你女儿有超前的理解力. |
[00:40] | We can’t put this on the fridge. Your parents are going to see it. | 我们不能把它挂在冰箱上. 你爸妈会看到的. |
[00:43] | Do you like my picture, Daddy? | 你喜欢我的画麽,爸爸? |
[00:45] | Yes, I do, sweetie. | 喜欢,我喜欢,甜心. |
[00:47] | Honey, how come you made Grandma and Grandpa look so scary? | 宝贝, 你怎么把你爷爷奶奶 画得这么可怕? |
[00:50] | That’s not Grandma and Grandpa. Those are Halloween monsters. | 这不是爷爷奶奶. 这些是万圣节的怪兽. |
[00:54] | Oh. Okay. | 哦~好…. |
[00:56] | Grandma and Grandpa aren’t monsters. | 爷爷奶奶才不是怪兽~~ |
[01:05] | -Youth. -Yeah. | -年轻真好~~. -嗯… |
[01:10] | Hi, I’m Ray, and I live here in Long lsland with my wife, Debra… | 嘿, 我是雷, 我和我妻子黛博拉 住在长岛 |
[01:15] | my 6-year-old daughter and twin 2-year old boys. | 我们有一个6岁大女儿 和一对双胞胎儿子. |
[01:19] | My parents… | 还有我爸妈~~~ |
[01:22] | live across the street. That’s right. | 他们就住在我们对面. 没错~ |
[01:27] | And my brother lives with them. | 我哥哥和他们一起住. |
[01:29] | Now, not every family would defy gravity for you… | 并不是每个家庭都会围着你转 |
[01:32] | but mine would because– | 但是我们家会 因为―――― |
[01:33] | Everybody loves Raymond. | 大家都喜欢雷. |
[01:35] | Hey, you didn’t…. | 嘿,你不是…. |
[01:42] | They’ve got to call in there. There’s no way they’ll get it. | 他们本来还计划要用场地 现在可没门了. |
[01:46] | So none of these are real massages? | 那么这些都不是真正的按摩吗? |
[01:50] | Andy, why would a real masseuse have a black bar across her eyes? | 安迪,为什么真正女按摩师 眼睛周围会有一圈黑线 |
[01:57] | You know why? The black matches her whip. | 你不知道? 那是她挥舞的黑色鞭子. |
[02:02] | -So all of this is sex? -Yes, it’s sex! | -那么她们所有都很性感? -是的,都很性感! |
[02:07] | And these prices are very reasonable. | 我觉得这幅画非常有深意. |
[02:12] | Press box. | 编导热线. |
[02:14] | Yeah, hold on one second. | 好,等我一秒钟. |
[02:15] | -Kevin, it’s Roy Firestone. -Roy’s calling. | -凯文, 罗伊-福雷斯通. -哦,是罗伊打来的. |
[02:18] | Roy’s calling. | 罗伊打来的。 |
[02:20] | I’m on TV with Roy. Roy Firestone. | 我要上罗伊的节目了. 罗伊-福雷斯通. |
[02:24] | -You’re not a little jealous, are you? -No, I’m not jealous. | -某人是不是有点小嫉妒呢? -不!我才没有. |
[02:27] | So Kevin does the play-by-play for the Mets… | 凯文在电台节目里大喊大叫 |
[02:30] | and I’m just his humpbacked staff guy. | 而我只是那个帮他拎电话的人。 |
[02:33] | You know what? Without me, he wouldn’t know what to say. | 你要知道, 没有我,那家伙甚至都不知道如何开口. |
[02:36] | He’d open up his mouth, and meat would fall out. | 他只要张开嘴想说什么 里面那团肉马上扭作一团. |
[02:39] | Thank you. I’ll tell him now. All right, Roy. | 谢谢. 我现在就告诉他. 好的,罗伊. |
[02:42] | You know who that was? That was Roy freaking Firestone. | 你知道刚才是谁吗? 那可是疯汉罗伊-福雷斯通. |
[02:47] | Did he ask you to a sleepover? | 他有没有直接问你他想在你家借宿? |
[02:49] | You, my friend, are going to be on TV. | 老兄你要上电视了. |
[02:51] | Me? What are you talking about? | 我? 你在说什么东东? |
[02:53] | Harvey Johnson’s taking a vacation… | 哈瑞-詹森准备去度假了 |
[02:55] | and Roy wants you to fill in with us on Sportscall with Roy Firestone. | 所以罗伊要你替代他跟我们一起 上他的运动座谈节目. |
[02:58] | Get outta here. Come on, I don’t know TV. | 别开玩笑了,我根本就不懂电视节目。 |
[03:01] | -I’m a sportswriter. -Roy specifically asked for a newspaper guy. | -我只是个体育专栏作家. -罗伊明确的提出要一个搞体育新闻的家伙. |
[03:05] | Or a Chinese person. | 要不就弄一个中国人. |
[03:08] | Wait a minute, that’s a live TV show. | 等一下, 那可是直播节目. |
[03:11] | It’s 30 minutes. lt’s the easiest money ever made. | 就30分钟而已. 我相信这么简单的钱你从来没赚过. |
[03:14] | Easier than the $40 he got when you couldn’t do seven pushups? | 容易到你因为做不了7个俯卧撑, 输了40美元给他那次? |
[03:19] | It was ten, Andy. I couldn’t do ten pushups. | 是10个!!安迪. 我当然没办法坚持10个. |
[03:23] | It doesn’t matter because you stopped after two. | 说得对~ 要知道你是在做了两个后趴下的. |
[03:28] | So you’re in, right? | 那么你打算去,是吗? |
[03:29] | I don’t know. Come on, I gotta think it over. | 我不知道. 老兄, 给我点时间考虑下下. |
[03:31] | -l got to let him know tonight, Ray. -Roy wants me? | -雷,我今晚就得给罗伊答复. -罗伊真的想让我去? |
[03:34] | -Come on, he knows who I am? -Everybody knows who you are. | -少来了,他知道我是谁? -人人都知道你是谁. |
[03:37] | You know sports. You get to the heart, the poetry that is sports. | 你了解体育. 而且又很用心, 你能把竞技弄得很诗情画意. |
[03:41] | I’m having the stomach that is nauseous. | 我想我开始有点反胃了 |
[03:45] | -You’re sure he knows me? -Yes! | -你确定他知道我? -当然! |
[03:47] | -He read my stuff? -He knows it all, come on! | -他读过我写的东西? -他全都看过,行了吧! |
[03:49] | -You think I’ll do all right on air? -You’re going to do great. | -你觉得我能行吗? -你绝对能做得很出色. |
[03:52] | -All right, I’ll do it. -Yeah! That’s the man I know. | -好吧, 我去. -太好了,这才是我认识的雷. |
[03:55] | -Man, I got to call Debra. -Look at you. | -嘿, 我得给黛博拉打个电话. -你真麻烦. |
[03:57] | -Debra’s going to flip when she hears this. -TV big shot. | -黛博拉听到这个肯定要乐疯了。 -你要上电视喽. |
[04:01] | Hi. Hi, Michael. Michael answered the phone. | 嘿,嘿,迈克尔. 迈克尔听电话. |
[04:04] | -His first time, he’s never done that. -First time. What is he, 14 now, Ray? | -这是他的第一次, 他以前可没做过这个. -第一次? 他多大了,14岁吗? |
[04:10] | He’s two. Yeah, hi, it’s Daddy. | 他两岁. 是, 嘿, 我是爸爸. |
[04:13] | No, I know Daddy’s not home. I’m Daddy. No, I’m Daddy! | 不,我知道你爸不在家. 我是你爸爸. 不,我是就你爸爸! |
[04:17] | Yeah, is Mommy…. Hello? No, don’t go get Daddy! | 嗯~~, 让妈妈听电话,黛博拉? 不,别挂爸爸电话! |
[04:22] | He dropped the phone! Issomebody there? | 他把电话放下了! 有人吗? |
[04:25] | issomebody there to pick up the phone? Debra? | 有人吗? 拿起听筒,黛博拉? |
[04:27] | I hear you, Debra. You’re walking right by the phone. Look down! | 我知道你在,黛博拉. 你在电话边走来走去 .拜托往下看! |
[04:30] | Look down, Debra! | 黛博拉,往下看! |
[04:32] | I’m in the phone! | 我在电话里! |
[04:38] | You know what my mother did? | 你知道我妈会怎么做? |
[04:41] | She sent fliers out all over the neighborhood. | 她会带上所有的邻居飞过来。 |
[04:45] | My father told everybody at the Elks. | 我爸会告诉 Elks的所有人. |
[04:48] | Give me some tips, man. Tell me something. | 给我点暗示, 老兄. 随便说点什么. |
[04:51] | Just make love to the camera, Ray. | 你只要想象你在跟计算机做爱, 雷. |
[04:55] | -What do you say, fellas? -Good to see you. | -你怎么说,伙计? -詹姆斯,见到你真高兴. |
[04:57] | -You all know James Worthy. -James, good to see you. | -你们都认识詹姆斯-沃西. -詹姆斯,很高兴见到你. |
[05:00] | -Ray, good to see you again. -You all ready for the big show? | -雷,很高应再见到你. -你们都准备好应对大场面了? |
[05:03] | I guess so. I don’t do TV much. Ever. | 我想是吧, 我做过的节目不多. |
[05:09] | First time. | 事实上是第一次. |
[05:11] | -l got some butterflies going. -l don’t get the butterflies. | -给我来点镇静剂吧. -我不需要那种东东. |
[05:14] | I just throw up before every live show. | 我每次做直播节目前都要去呕吐. |
[05:18] | -We’re live in 30 seconds. -Wait, I didn’t throw up yet. | -我们还剩下30秒. -等一下,我还没吐呢. |
[05:23] | How do you sit? Do you cross your legs much? | 你怎么坐? 可以交叉腿坐吗? |
[05:26] | I don’t, but I can’t. | 不可以, 而且我也做不到. |
[05:29] | Okay, everybody, stand by. | 好,所有人准备. |
[05:31] | ln 5, 4, 3, 2…. | |
[05:35] | -Listen, can I get– -Hello there, everybody… | -喂,能给我弄点—- -大家好… |
[05:37] | I’m Roy Firestone, and this is Sportscall. | 我是罗伊福雷斯通, 这里是体育谈话. |
[05:39] | Our guest all this week from the great Laker championship team is Mr. James Worthy. | 这星期我们的客人来自大西洋城, 洛杉矶湖人队的詹姆斯-沃西 |
[05:44] | And as always, the radio voice of the New York Mets… | 当然, 还有来自纽约之声的… |
[05:47] | Mr. Kevin Daniels. Good to see you, Kev. | 凯文-丹尼尔斯。 高兴见到你,凯文。 |
[05:49] | Roy. James. | 罗伊,詹姆斯。 |
[05:50] | How are you, folks? | 你们好。 |
[05:51] | And a brand-new face from Newsday, a fine columnist, Mr. Ray Barone. | 除此之外还有一张新面孔,来自每日新闻报的。 专栏作家,瑞蒙德.巴隆 |
[05:56] | -Good to see you, Ray. -Howdy. | -见到你真高兴,雷. -你好. |
[06:02] | Our subject tonight: athletes and steroids. | 我们今晚的主题是:运动员和类固醇。 |
[06:05] | As you might know, there’s an increasing use of steroids… | 就像你可能知道的, 这儿有越来越多的人使用类固醇… |
[06:08] | among amateur athletes. Ray, you wrote a very interesting piece about that. | 像一些业余运动员. 雷,你对此曾经写过 一篇很有趣的报道. |
[06:12] | Yes, I did, Roy. | 是的,罗伊 我写过一篇。 |
[06:15] | Why don’t you tell us about that, Ray? | 那为什么不告诉我们一些这方面的事呢,雷? |
[06:18] | It’s a growing problem. Steroids. | 这是一个日益严峻的问题,类固醇. |
[06:22] | Right. | 是啊. |
[06:24] | I’d say it’s even gotten to be a bit of a…. | 照我说它有点类似于…. |
[06:27] | Epidemic? | 流行病? |
[06:28] | No, it’s not an epidemic. lt’s out of control. lt’s kinda like a… | 不, 不是流行病. 它是脱离控制的. 就好像一种… |
[06:36] | -epidemic. -Epidemic, yeah, that’s right. | -流行病. -流行病,对,就像是流行病… |
[06:40] | What they did was they took a group of Olympic athletes… | 他们在挑选奥运会 参赛队员时… |
[06:43] | and they axed them if using steroids would guarantee you a gold medal… | 为了保证金牌他们筛选掉 那些服用类固醇的选手… |
[06:46] | but would also kill you in five years, would you still do it? | 要是你仍然服用的话, 那么五年内不能参赛。 |
[06:50] | 64% of them said yes. | 就算是这样可还是有64%的选手照做. |
[06:52] | -Wow. Really? -That’s alarming. | -哇哦,真的是这样吗? -那真是令人担忧. |
[06:59] | I really enjoyed the piece. A terrific piece. You did a great job– | 我真的很欣赏这篇文章. 很具有震撼性. 你写得非常好– |
[07:02] | Oh, thanks. Thanks, Roy. | 哦,谢谢. 谢谢你, 罗伊. |
[07:04] | When a program succeeds like that… | 当计划成功了就像… |
[07:06] | a lot of that stuffjust gets swept right under the rug. | 许多脏东西从地毯下 清扫出去. |
[07:09] | -Right. -Yeah. | -很好. -是的. |
[07:10] | And what’s going to happen is that it’s later… | 那么接下来 你就会看到发生了什么… |
[07:12] | that these kids are going to realize that… | 那些孩子们会逐渐意识到… |
[07:15] | they’ve made a horrible mistake, you know. | 嗯,他们到底犯了多么可怕的错误。 |
[07:18] | They don’t realize it at first… | 一开始他们意识不到… |
[07:20] | but what happens is, they’re sacrificing… | 事情一旦发生, 他们为此付出了代价… |
[07:23] | what once, you know, was the ideal. | 一方面来说,对, 就像理想主义. |
[07:27] | The ideal to achieve the American dream…. | 理想的实现美国梦…. |
[07:42] | -Hello. -Hooray! | -大家. -万岁! |
[07:46] | What’s going on? | 怎么了这是? |
[07:47] | -I’m capturing the moment. -All right, come on, cut it out. | -我得捕捉经典场面了. -准备, 快,抓住时机. |
[07:50] | -Ready, action shot! -Hooray for Ray! | -太好了, 拍到了! -雷万岁! |
[07:52] | Let me be the first one to hug my big TV star. | 让我第一个 抱抱我们的电视明星. |
[07:55] | -Oh, please. -Hey, Frank, take a picture. | -哦,拜托… -嘿, 弗兰克, 给我们拍张照片. |
[08:01] | They should give you the show. You’re better than that other guy. | 他们应该让你去主持这个节目. 你比其他家伙好多了. |
[08:04] | -Kevin? -No, the other one. | -凯文? -不,是另外一个 |
[08:06] | -The one who was acting like the boss. -Roy Firestone? | -就是看起来像你们老板的那个 -罗伊-福雷斯通? |
[08:10] | -You were the whole show! -Come on. | -你是整个节目的灵魂! -哦,别闹了. |
[08:21] | Now you got television. | 现在你居然去拍电视了. |
[08:24] | Way to go. | 干的好. |
[08:28] | Yeah, I felt a little awkward there– | 其实, 我在那还真是稍稍有些紧张– |
[08:30] | -You’d never know. -Here’s James Worthy listening to you talk. | -你永远都不会的. -看看这张詹姆斯-沃西在专心听你说话. |
[08:35] | -You took pictures of me on the television. -Sure. | -爸,你拍了些我在电视上的照片。 -当然. |
[08:38] | How often is my son on the tube? | 我儿子难道经常出现在显像管上? |
[08:41] | I was on when we busted John Gotti. | 我在约翰-戈帝(好莱坞演员)被捕的时候上过电视. |
[08:45] | Yes, but you didn’t have any lines, dear. | 是的,但是我们没在任何队伍中发现你,亲爱的. |
[08:49] | -So what did you think? -You were great. | -你怎么看我?? -噢,你做的非常好. |
[08:52] | -What did they say at the show? -l think they liked me. | -他们怎么看这次出镜? -我想他们喜欢我. |
[08:54] | -Of course they liked you. -lt was like watching Joe Garagiola. | -他们当然喜欢你. -就像在看乔-瓜提欧纳(ESPN著名体育主持人). |
[09:01] | This one is Roy smiling at something I said right there. | 这是罗伊 我说话的时候他在那儿微笑. |
[09:04] | I remember when he did that. I saw that. That was great. | 我记得当时的情形. 我看到了,简直太棒了. |
[09:07] | They liked you. | 他们喜欢你. |
[09:08] | Oh, God, yeah, all right, come on! | 噢,天呐,好了好了,大家! |
[09:11] | It’s a TV show, that’s all it is. We could blow that one up. | 只是个电视节目罢了 我们可以替换这家伙. |
[09:14] | That one could get me in. | 这个可以跟我上节目. |
[09:16] | Ray! | 雷! |
[09:26] | -l was just talking to Kevin– -Look at this. | —我才跟凯文讲过电话 -你看这个. |
[09:29] | Ally drew another picture of our family… | 艾丽替我们家又画了一幅画.. |
[09:31] | and she still says that these monsters aren’t your parents. | 她仍然说 这些怪物不是你爸妈. |
[09:34] | All right. So maybe they’re not. | 好吧,说不定他们不是。 |
[09:37] | Ray, this one is bald, and this one’s carrying a covered dish. | 雷,其中一个怪物是秃头, 另一个在偷我们家冰箱里的菜盆. |
[09:47] | You know what? Save that. Someday a therapist may want to see it. | 你知道我想做什么?留着这幅画。 某一天说不定某个医学专家想看看这个。 |
[09:51] | Listen, I was just talking to Kevin… | 听着,我刚才跟凯文谈过了… |
[09:54] | and Harvey Johnson’s going to be out again tomorrow… | 哈瑞-詹森明天又要出门了。 |
[09:56] | so they want me to do the show again. | 所以他们要我再去做一次节目. |
[09:58] | I thought it was just a one-time deal. | 我还以为只是一次性买卖. |
[10:00] | Things went pretty well there. Everybody seemed to like it, so I figured, why not? | 那儿的工作很有意思.每个人看起来都很喜欢我 所以我想,为什么不呢? |
[10:04] | Hey, great. Yeah, that’s really great. | 嘿,好极了。那真是太好了。 |
[10:11] | -What? -Nothing. | -怎么了? -没什么. |
[10:14] | -You’re pursing your lips. What’s wrong? -I’m not pursing. | -你抿了一下嘴唇。有什么不对么? -我才没抿嘴唇. |
[10:25] | What? No. Okay. | 你看你看。什么?不,好吧. |
[10:29] | Okay, it’s just maybe before the next show, you could… | 好吧,其实你在你下一次做节目前,你可以. |
[10:33] | just practice a few words you kind of had just a little bit of trouble saying. | 你的一些发音还需要练习一下 你吐字好像有一点问题。. |
[10:37] | -Like what? What are you talking about? -No, don’t get so excited. | -比如?你到底在说什么? -别,你千万别激动. |
[10:40] | -This is not a big deal. -Come on, I’m going to be on television. | -这没什么大不了的. -怎么了你,我要上电视了呀。 |
[10:43] | Okay, look. | 好吧,你看。. |
[10:48] | Asterisk. | 艾斯特瑞斯克。(单词发音 ,星状物) |
[10:49] | You were talking about some record that had an asterisk next to it…. | 你在谈到一些档案的时候 说了艾斯特瑞斯克近似的…. |
[10:54] | Yeah. Asterisk. | 好吧,艾斯特瑞斯克. |
[10:57] | Well, come on. Asterix. | 行了,怎么了,艾斯特瑞克斯. |
[11:01] | Asterix. | 艾斯特瑞克斯. |
[11:03] | -l said “asterix” on television! -That’s ok. No, it’s ok. | -我居然在电视上说了”艾斯特瑞克斯”! -没事的。真的没事. |
[11:07] | -Just “asterisk.” -Asterix. | -只要说”艾斯特瑞斯克.” -艾斯特瑞克斯 |
[11:09] | -Asterisk. -Asterix. | -艾斯特瑞斯克 -艾斯特瑞克斯 |
[11:11] | -Aster– -Shut up. I know! | -艾斯特— -闭嘴,我明明知道! |
[11:12] | -Stop showing off. -All right. Sorry. | -别在卖弄了. –好了好了,对不起. |
[11:14] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[11:15] | It’d be easier if you just break it into two parts. Aster, risk. | 我们把它分开来念也许容易点。 艾斯特,瑞斯克 |
[11:18] | Aster, risk. | 艾斯特,瑞斯特. |
[11:20] | -Asterisk. -Asterix. | -艾斯特瑞斯克. -艾斯特瑞克斯. |
[11:25] | Nobody even cares. Next time that word comes up, maybe just say… | 没有人关心这个。 下一次当这个词出现的时候,或许你只要说… |
[11:29] | -little star. -What else? What other words? | -小星星. -还有么?还有其它的词么? |
[11:33] | Well… | 厄… |
[11:35] | -you’re asking me, right? -Yeah? | -是你问我的,对吗? -怎么了? |
[11:38] | -You’re asking me. -Yeah. What are you doing? I’m axing you. | -是你在问我. -是啊,到底怎么了?我在”闻”你. |
[11:45] | -Yeah, ask. Sometimes you say…. -Ax. | -那,问,有时候你说成… -闻 |
[11:49] | Ax, oh, man! | 闻,哦,老天! |
[11:52] | No, honey, come on. You just got to practice those words. | 哦,亲爱的,别这样 你只是需要一些稍稍的练习 |
[11:56] | Just practice those words. | 稍稍的练习. |
[11:58] | Why didn’t you tell me this? | 你为什么以前不告诉我这些? |
[12:01] | You should’ve told me the first time I axed you something. | 你不要告诉我 这是我第一次”闻”你要什么东西 |
[12:05] | I never thought you were going to be on television. | 我从来没想到你会上电视啊 |
[12:08] | You know what we could do? Let’s put them all in a sentence. Say: | 你知道我们该怎么做么? 把这些词用到句子里面。比如说: |
[12:12] | “l asked you to put the asterisk with the cinnamon.” | “我让你把这些星号弄成 黄棕色.” |
[12:19] | Cinnamom. Cinnamom. | 黄丛色。黄从色. |
[12:23] | Oh, my God, I’m a monkey. | 哦,上帝,我是猴子. |
[12:28] | Did I say cinnamom on the show? | 我在节目里说过黄丛色么? |
[12:29] | No, it’s just a good thing to know for when we’re at the lHOP. | 没有,我们只是熟悉一下lHOP餐厅的装饰 (美国餐饮连锁,店内主要色调是棕色。) |
[12:34] | Come on, “l asked you to put the asterisk with the cinnamon.” | 来吧,跟我说 “我让你把这些星号弄成黄棕色。” |
[12:38] | -l asked you…. -Good. | -我让你…. -很好. |
[12:40] | …to put the asterisk with the cinnamom. | …把这些星号弄成黄丛色. |
[12:45] | All right, you know what? No more lHOP. | 行了,我受够了, 不要再来什么丛林装饰了. |
[12:50] | Ray, it’s just those couple of words, that’s all. | 雷,这儿只不过几个单词而已了 |
[12:54] | -You were really…. You were great. -You told me. | -你真的….真的表现很好。 -你跟我说了 |
[12:57] | I believed you. | 我还相信了. |
[12:58] | -No, really, honey, you were terrific. -Oh, don’t. | -哦不,是真的,你真的很有震撼力,亲爱的. -哦,别说了. |
[13:03] | Sorry I axed. | 对不起,我闻了. |
[13:13] | -Hi. -Hi, dear, you hungry? | -嗨. -嗨, 亲爱的,你饿吗? |
[13:15] | -No. -Sit down, I’ll make you a sandwich. | -不. -坐在这, 让我来给你弄点三明治. |
[13:20] | -Ally gave you one of her paintings? -Yeah. | -艾丽给你一张画? -没错. |
[13:24] | Look how big we are compared to the rest of the family. | 跟其他家属比较起来,我跟你爸看起来好大. |
[13:28] | Yeah, that’s great. | 嗯,挺不错的. |
[13:30] | Listen. You guys ever notice that I say certain words funny? | 听着,你们从来没有注意到 我说某些单词的时候很滑稽? |
[13:34] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[13:36] | Like “glockenspiel” or “tushy”? | 类似”编钟乐”或者”甲骨文”? |
[13:41] | Not funny words, Dad. Do I mispronounce words? I’m just asking. | 不是这类词, 爸. 我有没有发音错误的词?我只是随便问问. |
[13:45] | I think you speak beautifully, dear. | 我认为你发音很漂亮,亲爱的。 |
[13:48] | Why? What’s wrong? | 怎么了?有什么问题? |
[13:50] | Debra thought I had trouble on the show last night with certain words. | 黛博拉觉得我昨天晚上在节目里 有些词发音有问题. |
[13:54] | That’s ridiculous. It sounds like she’s being a little nitpicky. | 这真是太荒谬了. 听起来好像是鸡蛋里面挑骨头. |
[13:58] | Yeah? So you really think I was all right last night? | 哦?那你们真的觉得我昨天晚上还行? |
[14:01] | -Yeah. -Oh, good. | -当然了. -哦,好的. |
[14:04] | -‘Cause I’m going to do it again tonight. -They want you back? | -因为我今天晚上还要再去. -他们要你再去? |
[14:09] | What does that mean? | 你那是什么意思? |
[14:11] | Nothing. lt’s just that we thought it was over. | 没什么。我只是以为结束了呢 |
[14:16] | So you did notice the words. | 看来你是注意到那些词了. |
[14:18] | Listen, you got bigger problems than your little words there. | 听着,儿子, 你有比那几个单词更大的麻烦在那儿. |
[14:23] | Like what? | 比如说? |
[14:25] | Like scratching the microphone. | 比如说你在抓麦克风. |
[14:27] | Nobody could hear what the hell was going on! | 没有人能听清楚你到底在说些什么东西! |
[14:29] | At least the scratching kept him from waving his hands around… | 他发出刮擦声是因为他到处挥动手臂… |
[14:33] | like he was landing planes. | 那跟飞机降落差不多. |
[14:34] | -The microphone was much worse. -No. | -麦克风是个巨大的错误. -不. |
[14:36] | It seemed like he’d never been on television before. | 那让他看起来像从来没上过电视一样. |
[14:39] | He’s never been on television, but he’s had his hands his whole life. | 他是没上过电视, 他应该在整个节目中管住自己的手. |
[14:42] | The microphone was much more annoying! | 麦克风才有更多的噪音! |
[14:44] | Ray, which is more annoying? | 雷,你认为那种噪音更大? |
[14:47] | This or this? | 这样或是这样? |
[14:52] | I did that? | 我做过这个? |
[14:53] | Yeah. Now that you mention it, your voice was kind of monotonous. | 对,现在你提及起来, 我想起来你的声音很单调. |
[14:57] | I didn’t mention that. | 我不是说这个. |
[14:59] | You tended to drone on and on, dear. | 你唠唠叨叨个不停,亲爱的. |
[15:03] | It was very off-putting. | 让人很不愉快. |
[15:06] | -Oh, my God! -You see? Like that. | -哦,我的老天! -你看?就像这个. |
[15:09] | Most people would say, “My God!” | 大多数人都会说 “我的老天!” |
[15:16] | You got to try and make your voice go up and down more. | 你应该尝试让你的声音有一些起伏. |
[15:20] | High and low. | 高音接着低音. |
[15:23] | I would absolutely love a nice dill pickle. | 我完完全全的热爱好吃的莳萝酱. |
[15:28] | Pickle, Marie. | 酱,玛丽. |
[15:37] | Okay, so let me get this straight, Dad. | 好吧,让我们实话实说,爸. |
[15:40] | Everything you said after the show last night was a lie… | 昨天晚上所有你说的都是哄我的… |
[15:43] | and behind my back, you’ve been talking about how bad I was. | 紧接下来你在背后谈论我糟糕的表现。 |
[15:49] | You think I stunk. | 你认为我很烂. |
[15:50] | You think I stunk! | 你们认为我很烂! |
[15:51] | What difference does it make what we think? | 我们在想什么对你有什么区别? |
[15:54] | They asked you back! | 他们要你回去! |
[15:55] | Keep in mind the things we told you because I got to see people during the day. | 继续保持住我们昨天给你灌输的想法 因为我这些天还要见一些朋友呢。 |
[16:01] | Oh, my God. The supermarket. | 哦,上帝。家里要成超级市场了. |
[16:05] | You lie to me. You lie to me, and you do it so well! | 你对我撒了谎 你对我撒了谎,而且你还感觉不错! |
[16:08] | How long has this been going on? | 这种事你对我做了多久? |
[16:11] | Three weeks. | 三个星期. |
[16:20] | Look at you. | 看看你。 |
[16:21] | Oh, my God! You’ve been lying to me my whole life, haven’t you? | 哦,我的上帝! 我的一生充斥着谎言,是不是? |
[16:25] | “Raymond, you’re such a great writer, you could’ve been writing poetry.” | “雷,你是个伟大的作家, 你的作品充满诗意.” |
[16:28] | How about in high school, Ma? | 在高中时候又怎么样?妈? |
[16:30] | “Don’t worry, the girls don’t know what they’re missing.” | “别难过,这个女孩不明白她错过了什么.” |
[16:32] | They knew! They knew, and they didn’t miss it. | 她们知道! 她们知道, 而且她们什么都没错过. |
[16:36] | How about this, Ma? Were you lying when you said: | 再说说这个,妈? 当你以前骗我说: |
[16:38] | “The day you were born was the happiest day of our lives.” | “你出生的那天 是我们一生中最快乐的一天.” |
[16:41] | No. That’s true. It was. | 不,那是真的,真的. |
[16:46] | Don’t eat that now, Robert. | 现在别吃东西,罗伯特. |
[16:51] | -What’s going on? -They’ve been lying to us our whole lives. | -发生了什么事? -他们跟我说了一辈子的谎话. |
[16:54] | Every time they ever tried to make us feel good about ourselves. | 每次他们想让我们自己好过点 就试着去编造谎言. |
[16:57] | When did that happen to me? | 何时在我身上发生过? |
[17:01] | Honey, I’m sure we lied to you plenty of times. | 亲爱的,我相信我们跟你说的谎话数不过来. |
[17:06] | You got to get your own place, man. | 你要给自己找个地方住了,哥. |
[17:08] | Don’t be silly. We love having you here. | 别发傻了,我们喜欢你呆在这儿. |
[17:12] | Oh, my God! | 哦,上帝! |
[17:15] | Ray, we told you, you were a good writer… | 雷,我们告诉你你是一个优秀的作家… |
[17:18] | so that you would think you were a good writer, see? | 所以你就会整天认为自己是个好作家,是不是? |
[17:21] | Then somebody gave you a job. That’s what parents do. | 然后就会有人给你这份工作了 这个每个父母应该做的. |
[17:24] | They all lie to their kids for their own good. | 他们总是骗孩子说他们是最棒的. |
[17:28] | Other parents aren’t lying, Ma. | 其它父母可不会说谎,妈。 |
[17:30] | They believe in their children. | 他们相信自己的孩子。 |
[17:32] | No, they don’t. | 不,没可能的。 |
[17:38] | Well, that’s it, okay? No more lies, all right? | 好了,到此为止,好吗? 别在对我说任何谎话了,可以吗? |
[17:41] | -Don’t help me anymore. -That was good. High and low. | -不要再尝试帮我了. -这就对了。高低起伏. |
[17:46] | Use that on the show tonight. | 今晚就用这个语气. |
[17:49] | Oh, my God, I can’t believe I got to do a show now. | 哦,老天, 我真不敢相信自己今晚还要上电视节目。 |
[17:51] | You’ll be wonderful, dear. | 你会做得很好的,亲爱的. |
[17:54] | Please, no more lies. | 拜托,别再对我撒慌. |
[17:58] | They say that because the pros can hit it so far… | 他们那样说 是因为他是能打出本磊打的选手….. |
[18:01] | that they should lengthen the length of all the courses, and… | 因此他们就扩大场地范围 当然了,还有一些… |
[18:05] | you know, I know I’m probably droning on here… | 我知道我现在可能有些唠叨…. |
[18:09] | but what about tradition? | 但是你知道什么是传统? |
[18:10] | There’s always tradition and history and… | 这儿总是有些传统的历史和… |
[18:13] | stuff, and I know… | 要素,我知道… |
[18:17] | I support the changes in baseball, but… | 我支持棒球规则的变化,但是… |
[18:19] | look, let me ax, ask you something here. | 让我闻,问你一些事情在这儿. |
[18:23] | Sports sometimes should adopt, adapt… | 竞技项目有时候是必须使应,适应… |
[18:27] | adapt and grow, but aren’t there times that a sport shouldn’t adopt, adapt… | 适应和成长,但不是现在 现在的体育竞技不应该使应,适应… |
[18:31] | and not grow. Probably not grow. | 和成长。或许不用成长吧. |
[19:02] | Oh, hi, honey. It didn’t go very well, did it? | 哦,嗨亲爱的, 做的不是很好,是不是? |
[19:11] | Not your best moment there, Raymond. | 不是你最佳状态,雷. |
[19:17] | -What are you doing? -We’re being honest. | -你们现在又在干么? -我们要诚实. |
[19:19] | You said that’s what you wanted. | 你说你需要这样. |
[19:22] | I could’ve eaten a box of Alpha-Bits and crapped a better interview. | 我不能再次吃下一整盒字母饼干 然后对你说一堆让你好受些的废话. |
[19:38] | Well, what did you think? | 好,你的意见又是什么? |
[19:41] | Honey, I begged you to say “little star.” | 亲爱的,我恳求过让你说 “小星星”的.” |
[19:45] | It was even worse than last time. | 这次甚至比上次糟糕. |
[19:49] | You made me hate TV. | 你已经让我开始讨厌电视了. |
[19:55] | Want me to play it back for you, Raymond? | 你想让我再放一遍给你看看么?雷? |
[19:59] | All right. | 行了行了. |
[20:00] | Come on, I want you to be honest, but it couldn’t have been all bad. | 拜托,我让你们说真话, 但不见得一切都那么糟吧. |
[20:05] | Dad, I made my voice go high and low like you said. | 爸,我让我的嗓音变得有起伏就像你说的。 |
[20:08] | That didn’t work. | 那没效果. |
[20:10] | What about my little Steinbrenner joke? | 那我少许的斯丹布瑞(纽约洋基队老板)笑话呢? |
[20:12] | It wasn’t funny. lt’s not nice to hurt other people’s feelings. | 那并不好笑. 还不够达到能让人发笑的标准. |
[20:16] | -Well, what about this? -This is funny. | -好吧,那么这个呢? -这样还是挺滑稽的. |
[20:23] | All right, come on. | 好吧好吧. |
[20:24] | It could’ve been…. There had to be something there. | 我肯定有,我确信一定有点什么吧. |
[20:26] | I sat there, and…. Come on. | 我坐那儿,然后. |
[20:31] | Come on! | 拜托! |
[20:34] | -l thought there were a lot of good things. -Yeah? | -我想还是很多好的方面的. -是吗? |
[20:37] | Like, those other guys are so… | 就像,其他那些家伙… |
[20:39] | polished and professional, and you were really human. | 太精练和专业了,而你却很平民化. |
[20:44] | But what about what I said, though? Did it make sense? | 但是你觉得我说的呢? 是不是有点意义? |
[20:46] | Oh, yes. Yeah. I got some of it. | 哦,当然,当然了,我都抄了几句下来. |
[20:52] | -So I mean, it wasn’t a total disaster. -Not at all. | -所以我的意思是,我还不是那么彻彻底底的糟糕. -当然不全是。 |
[20:56] | How many total disasters are there? | 那到底有多彻底的糟糕呢? |
[21:01] | Ray, the fact that you could go on live television… | 雷,说真的你应该去直播现场… |
[21:03] | with such little experience. That really says a lot. | 稍稍体验一下. 他们会告诉你更多 |
[21:07] | You were great, dear. | 你很了不起,亲爱的. |
[21:09] | At least I tried it, right? I mean, it’s better to try than to… | 最起码我尝试过了,不是么?? 我的意思是,尝试过了总比… |
[21:12] | -not try. -Yes! | -没有尝试. -没错! |
[21:15] | You got to get in there. Try new things… | 你去到那儿,尝试着一些新的事物… |
[21:17] | -expand your experiences. You were so– -Okay! | -增长了你的见识。你真是非常– -够了! |
[21:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢大家. |
[21:26] | Better than Broadway. | 总比百老汇演的好. |
[21:30] | I got some makeup on. I’m going to take the makeup off and then I’ll come back. | 我化了一点妆。我上去, 上楼去卸装然后我再下来. |
[21:34] | Okay, yeah. | 好的. |
[21:35] | You were so good. I bet they have you back on again. | 你表现的好极了. 我打赌他们还会让你去做节目的. |
[21:38] | -I’m sure they will. -Yeah. | -我确信他们会的. -没错. |
[21:39] | It’s all about you, Raymond. | 全看你的了,雷。 |
[21:45] | Robert. | 罗伯特. |
[22:03] | I don’t think that was a total disaster. | 看上去还不算彻底糟糕. |
[22:09] | Well, how many total disasters are there? | 好吧,那刚才到底有多糟糕呢? |