时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Okay, I read to Ally. | 好吧,我刚才给爱莉讲故事. |
[00:05] | Thanks for putting her to bed for me, Ray. | 谢谢你帮我哄她睡觉, 雷. |
[00:08] | It’s been a really long day. | 这真是漫长的一天. |
[00:10] | I read her Rapunzel. | 我给她读了” 长发姑娘” (童话故事). |
[00:13] | Good for you. | 那真是很不错. |
[00:14] | Yeah? I don’t know. | 真的吗? 我不知道. |
[00:17] | Kidding around, I said, if you live in a tower… | 要知道里面全是谎话, 我说, 如果你住在塔里面… |
[00:19] | and there’s no shampoo… | 而且没有洗发水… |
[00:21] | and your hair gets long enough to climb on… | 头发甚至长到可以当绳子一样爬… |
[00:23] | “it might get disgusting.” | “它可能变得令人恶心.” |
[00:27] | Yeah. | 那又怎样. |
[00:28] | So Ally wants a haircut. | 所以爱莉想去理发. |
[00:32] | We’ll get her a haircut. | 我们会带她去理发的. |
[00:35] | Now. | 现在. |
[00:38] | -Ray, don’t tell me I have to go– -I’m ready, Mommy. | -雷,别告诉我我现在就要去 — -我准备好出发了,妈妈. |
[00:48] | I gave her a dollar to tip you with. | 我给了她一块钱当你的小费. |
[00:51] | Act surprised. | 让人吃惊. |
[00:57] | Hi, I’m Ray, and I live here in Long lsland with my wife, Debra… | 嗨, 我和我老婆黛博拉住在长岛… |
[01:02] | my 6-year-old daughter and twin 2-year old boys. | 我们有一个6岁的女儿和 一对两岁的双胞胎 |
[01:06] | My parents… | 还有我爸妈… |
[01:09] | live across the street. That’s right. | 他们就住在对面. 没错. |
[01:14] | And my brother lives with them. | 我哥哥和他们一起住. |
[01:16] | Now, not every family would defy gravity for you… | 并不是所有家庭都会围着你转… |
[01:18] | but mine would because– | 但是我们家会– |
[01:20] | Everybody loves Raymond. | 大家都喜欢雷. |
[01:22] | Hey, you didn’t…. | 嘿,你就不能…. |
[01:31] | Okay, Ally. Daddy’s going to be home any minute with dinner, so let’s clean up. | 好, 爱莉. 爸爸可能随时会回家准备吃晚饭, 所以让我们整理一下. |
[01:37] | Sweetie, why don’t you take all your dolls off the table… | 甜心,把摆在桌子上的玩具都收拾好… |
[01:40] | and wash your hands, okay? | 然后把你的手洗干净,好吗? |
[01:43] | Grandma, look. | 奶奶, 看. |
[01:45] | Ally, please clean up. | 爱莉, 去收拾干净. |
[01:47] | Isn’t that nice? | 她很漂亮不是吗? |
[01:50] | What’s this one, a streetwalker? | 这一个是什么,街上拉客的? |
[01:52] | No, she’s an aerobics instructor, Marie. | 不,她是一个有氧健身教练,玛丽. |
[01:55] | She’s dressed for the gym. Can you look at me? | 她穿着健身服. 爱莉,你能看着我吗? |
[01:57] | Are you having trouble listening? | 你在听力方面是不是有问题? |
[02:01] | Come on. | 我回来了. |
[02:03] | This is from Nemo’s, so let’s get to it before it eats through the bag. | 这些是在尼莫店里卖的, 让我们在袋子漏掉之前 把它拿出来 |
[02:07] | Help Ally get ready for dinner, please. | 去帮爱莉准备晚餐,谢谢. |
[02:09] | And can you get rid of them? | 还有你能把他们弄走吗? |
[02:13] | -Hey, guys. -Daddy’s home. | -嘿,大伙. -爸爸回来了. |
[02:15] | Time to go home now. | 你们也是时候回自己家了. |
[02:17] | I’m watching the game. | 我正在看节目. |
[02:19] | I think they’re beaming it into your house, too, Dad. | 我相信你自己家的电视 也能发出同样的光,爸. |
[02:22] | -Dad’s taping Channel 5 over there. -Why? What’s on 5? | -爸爸在家录5频道的节目. -为什么,5频道有什么? |
[02:26] | He wants to catch that commercial for the chicken restaurant. | 他想抓录下那个广告 就是小鸡餐厅的那个. |
[02:29] | The one where it’s so good, the chicken goes there to eat it? | 那个真的很不错, 就是连小鸡都上那去吃东西的那个? |
[02:33] | -I’m dying to see it. -Ray, please. We’re all dying here. | -我正等着看呢. -雷,拜托.我们都在等着看呢. |
[02:36] | We’re eating, man. Come on, go. | 我们要吃饭了, 大伙. 拜托, 走吧. |
[02:38] | Ally, don’t make me keep asking you, sweetie. | 爱莉, 别再让我 再说你第二遍, 甜心. |
[02:41] | Get the toys picked up and your hands washed. | 把你的玩具捡起来 然后去把手洗干净. |
[02:43] | Look, there it is. | 快看, 开始了. |
[02:45] | May I take your order? | 请告诉我您的指令? |
[02:53] | -Dad, did I tell you? lt’s a killer. -You didn’t lie. | -爸, 我怎么跟你说来着? 他是个杀手. -你说得没错. |
[02:56] | Ally, I’m done asking you. I want the toys picked up now. | 爱莉, 我最后一次警告你. 我要你立刻把玩具收好. |
[02:59] | No! | 我不! |
[03:01] | If you don’t do what I’m telling you, you can forget about dessert. | 如果你不按照我说的做, 就最好忘掉你的餐后甜点. |
[03:04] | No dessert. | 喔~没有甜点. |
[03:06] | I don’t want any stupid dessert. | 我才不想吃什么蠢甜点呢. |
[03:09] | Sure you do. | 你当然要吃. |
[03:11] | Ray, I can’t take this anymore. Could you handle it, please? | 雷, 我没办法再继续了. 你能搭把手吗,拜托 ? |
[03:14] | I got it. All right. | 我来处理. 放心. |
[03:16] | Ally, wash your hands and do what…. | 爱莉, 去洗手然后…. |
[03:19] | -Don’t make Mommy mad. -No. | -别让妈妈生气. -不. |
[03:23] | -Look, you have to do what Mommy says. -Why? | -听着, 你必须按照你妈妈说的去做. -为什么? |
[03:25] | ‘Cause I do. | ‘因为我就照做. |
[03:30] | -Grandma’s got some candy for a girl… -No. | -让奶奶来给小姑娘一些糖果… -不. |
[03:32] | -…who cleans up. -No candy, Mom. Come on. | -…那谁来整理. -别给糖果, 妈.拜托. |
[03:36] | Mom, you don’t pay her upfront. | 马,你不能公然贿赂她. |
[03:39] | Just watch. All right, now, honey, clean up, sweetheart. | 待在那看着. 好了, 现在 小甜心, 去整理干净, 亲爱的. |
[03:42] | No. | 不. |
[03:44] | Candy always worked. | 糖果通常很奏效. |
[03:46] | I don’t know what Debra’s done to this child. | 我不知道黛博拉对着孩子做了些什么 |
[03:50] | Look, just let me handle it, all right? | 听着, 就让我来处理好吗? |
[03:51] | I’m gonna give you to the count of three. | 我会数到三. |
[03:53] | If you don’t start picking up your toys, no TV for a week. | 如果你还去捡你的玩具, 那你整个星期都没有电视看. |
[03:59] | One… | 一… |
[04:02] | two…. | 二…. |
[04:05] | I’m not kidding. One, two…. | 我可不是开玩笑的. 一,二…. |
[04:09] | This is it. | 到此为止了. |
[04:11] | Two-and-a-half. | 两个半. |
[04:14] | Two-and-three-quarters. | 二又三分之一 |
[04:16] | Let me tell you something, Ally. I don’t know any more fractions. | 我告诉你,爱莉. 我不知道二又三分之一下来要怎么数. |
[04:22] | -Three. That’s all. No TV for a week. -No! | -三. 很好. 一个星期不会有电视看. -不! |
[04:27] | What happened? | 这是怎么了? |
[04:29] | I handled it, all right? Everything worked out. | 让我来处理好吗? 所有的问题都解决了. |
[04:32] | I hate you! | 我恨你! |
[04:38] | Okay, folks, let’s keep it moving. Show’s over. | 好了, 爸妈, 我们该走了. 表演结束. |
[04:40] | Nothing more to see here. Let’s go. | 在这没有什么看头的了. 我们走. |
[04:42] | What’s wrong with you? | 你到底是怎么了? |
[04:44] | How can you yell at your child in front of other people? | 你怎么能对着你的孩子大喊大叫 还当着大家的面 |
[04:47] | Don’t you know howhumiliating that can be? | 你难道不知道 这会对她造成多大的伤害? |
[04:53] | I hate you. | 我恨你. |
[05:05] | Hey, lucky pants. | 嘿,幸运裤. |
[05:09] | Thank you very much, Ray. | 非常感谢, 雷. |
[05:11] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气. |
[05:14] | What did I do? | 我做错了什么? |
[05:17] | You know, I haven’t had a minute to myself all day. | 你知道, 我从早到晚 都没有一分钟时间是属于自己的. |
[05:20] | When you take TV away from Ally, you’re punishing me, too. | 当你把电视从爱莉的生活中拿走的时候, 同时也惩罚了我. |
[05:25] | You know what my day was like? | 你知道我今天是怎么过的吗? |
[05:27] | It went something like this: “l wanna watch TV.” | 让我给你演示一下: “我要看电视.” |
[05:30] | “No.” | “不.” |
[05:31] | -“l wanna watch TV.” -“No.” | -“我要看电视.” -“不.” |
[05:35] | Lunch. | 吃午饭. |
[05:38] | -“l wanna watch TV.” -“No.” | -“我要看电视.” -“不.” |
[05:41] | “Hey, lucky pants.” | “嘿,幸运裤.” |
[05:44] | That’s me. That’s where I came in. | 那是我. 我从那回来. |
[05:47] | What are you gonna do for me next, Ray? Take away her nap time? | 你接下来还想做些什么, 雷? 取消她的小睡时间? |
[05:51] | When a kid misbehaves, you take away something that’s important to her. | 当孩子不听话时,你要惩罚 拿走她一些对于她很重要的东西. |
[05:54] | What would you have done? | 不然你要怎么做? |
[05:56] | Honestly, I have no idea. | 说实话, 我也没有好主意. |
[05:59] | Then I think we shouldn’t dump on the people who have ideas. | 那我认为我们就不应该 质问那些有主意的人. |
[06:05] | Okay, here’s an idea, then. | 好吧, 这儿有主意. |
[06:10] | “Parent Effectiveness Training. Coping with your child’s behavioral challenges.” | “父母能力训练. 控制你孩子的行为挑战.” |
[06:15] | Where did you get this? | 你从那搞到的? |
[06:17] | They were sticking them on the windshield at Chuck E. Cheese’s. | 他们把它粘在 “牛排与奶酪”店橱窗玻璃上面. |
[06:21] | Come on. Look, we don’t need classes. We’re great parents. | 拜托. 我们不需要任何课程. 我们是优秀父母. |
[06:24] | All right, you’re a great parent, and I’m your lovely assistant. | 好吧,你是优秀父母 我是你可爱的助手. |
[06:28] | I don’t feel like a great parent. | 我觉得我们不像是优秀的父母. |
[06:30] | Great parents don’t find themselves in the supermarket going: | 优秀的父母不会在超市里大叫: |
[06:33] | “We don’t throw plums.” | “别投掷李子.” |
[06:35] | -l need a class. We need a class. -A parenting class? | -我需要上课.我们需要上课. -一堂养育课程? |
[06:39] | That’s supposed to come natural. That would be like taking a smelling class. | 这些应该是自然而然的. 而不是放在一堂嗅觉课上去谈论. |
[06:44] | -So you have nothing to learn here? -Come on. | -那么你认为你从这儿学不到什么东西? -拜托别这样. |
[06:48] | My mom and dad never took a parenting class. | 我爸妈从来没上过养育课. |
[06:55] | I’m signing them up for this. | 我在这上面签字. |
[06:59] | So if you’ve ruled out any medical problem, and your child is still wetting the bed… | 所以如果你可以排除任何医学上的问题 而你的孩子仍然尿床的话.. |
[07:04] | he may be trying to tell you something. | 那他有可能是想告诉你什么事. |
[07:07] | He’s telling you, “l have to pee.” | 他想告诉你, “我要嘘嘘.” |
[07:11] | I think we’re gonna wrap it up for tonight… | 我想我们今晚的课程到此为止… |
[07:14] | but before we do, are there any other questions? | 但是在离开之前, 还有其他问题要问吗? |
[07:18] | Yes, Debra. | 好吧,黛博拉波拉. |
[07:20] | We have a 6-year-old daughter, and she’s a great kid… | 我们有个6岁的女儿, 她是个好孩子… |
[07:23] | but she’s been having trouble listening, and she’s been very stubborn lately. | 但是她最近很不听话, 而且变得脾气很倔强. |
[07:27] | -That’s every kid. -lt’s not– | -每个孩子都那样. -才不是– |
[07:29] | It’s just a phase, right? | 这只是必经的阶段, 对吗? |
[07:31] | This is a perfect opportunity for you to try some active listening. | 这是一个让你采取主动倾听方式的绝佳机会 |
[07:35] | -Thank you. We’ll try that. -Wait a second. | -谢谢你. 我们会去试的. -再等一下. |
[07:38] | Active listening? I’m not familiar with that. | 主动倾听? 我从没听说过. |
[07:40] | It’s encouraging your child to express herself verbally… | 这会鼓励你的孩子 说出她的真实想法… |
[07:44] | without influencing her with your own preconceived notions or opinions. | 让她不会受到来自你们 观念想法的影响. |
[07:48] | Got it. Here we go. | 了解. 我们走. |
[07:51] | Why don’t we try to illustrate this with a little role-playing? | 为什么我们不能试着举个例子 做个角色表演之类的游戏? |
[07:54] | -Let’s have you. Ray, is it? -No. | -我和你,雷 好不好? -不. |
[07:58] | Yeah. | 好. |
[08:00] | Why don’t you come to the front of the class. | 我们为什么不到前面的讲台去. |
[08:03] | -Why don’t you go, Deb? -You’ll be fine. Don’t be shy. | -你怎么不去,黛博拉? -你会做得很好的,别害羞. |
[08:06] | Now wait. Let’s just say I’m your daughter… | 等一下. 现在起我就是你的女儿… |
[08:09] | and I refuse to go to visit Grandma on her birthday. | 我拒绝在奶奶生日那天去看她. |
[08:14] | ln this case, I happen to know Grandma, and I can’t say I blame you. | 在这个事情上, 我要说我了解你的奶奶, 而且我不会怪你. |
[08:24] | Just hypothetically, Ray, all right? Focus. | 只是假设, 雷, 好吗? 集中注意. |
[08:27] | Let’s just say, Ray, that you want to get from your daughter what she’s feeling. | 让我们这样说, 雷,你只想从你女儿那里知道 她的真实想法 |
[08:31] | Go ahead. | 继续. |
[08:34] | Do it. | 开始吧. |
[08:38] | Okay, daughter. | 好吧,女儿. |
[08:42] | -You have to go to Grandma’s house. -I’m not going. | -你必须去你奶奶家. -我不要. |
[08:49] | You have to go. lt’s her birthday. | 你必须去. 这是她的生日. |
[08:51] | I hate when you make me do things! | 我恨你强迫我做这做那! |
[08:57] | I’m not making you go, okay? lt’s Grandma’s birthday. | 我不是强迫你去,好吗? 今天是奶奶的生日. |
[09:00] | There aren’t gonna be many more of them. | 这样的机会对她来说可不多了. |
[09:08] | I’m gonna stop you just for a second, Ray. | 我必须打断你几秒钟, 雷. |
[09:11] | I don’t think at this point, we need to discuss Grandma’s mortality. | 我不认为在这个问题上, 我们需要牵扯到奶奶的生死问题. |
[09:16] | What are you doing, Ray? | 你在干什么, 雷? |
[09:17] | -I’m playing the game. -lt’s not a game. | -我正在做游戏. -这可不是游戏. |
[09:19] | It’s okay. | 没关系. |
[09:21] | If I say to you, “l hate when you make me do things”… | 如果我对你说, “我恨你逼我做这做那”… |
[09:25] | perhaps you could acknowledge my feelings by saying something like… | 或许你该认同我的感受 然后像这样说… |
[09:28] | “You feel you don’t have any control over our plans.” | “你感到你做的任何事情都摆脱不了我们的约束.” |
[09:31] | You understand? | 明白了吗? |
[09:33] | That doesn’t sound like something I would say. | 这可不像是我会说的话 |
[09:37] | Just takes a little practice. Come on. Let’s keep going. | 这只是需要一些训练. 来. 让我们继续. |
[09:41] | Yeah, let’s. | 好吧, 继续. |
[09:43] | All my friends are going to the park, but I have to go to some boring party? | 我所有的朋友都去公园玩 为什么我却要去那个无聊的聚会? |
[09:48] | -You think that the party’s gonna be boring? -That’s it, Ray. | -你认为那个聚会很无聊? -就是这样,雷. |
[09:51] | See, you’re reflecting her feelings back. | 看, 你是在和她换位思考. |
[09:54] | It’s just a bunch of grownups sitting around an old house. | 那只是一帮无聊的亲戚 围坐在一所旧房子里. |
[09:57] | I want to be with my friends! | 我想跟我的朋友在一起! |
[09:59] | But Grandma has that big bowl of Coffee Nips. | 但是你奶奶有一大碗的咖啡牛轧糖. |
[10:05] | I don’t care, and you can’t make me. | 我不在乎, 你不能强迫我. |
[10:07] | -What are you doing? -I’m not going. | -你在干什么? -我不去 |
[10:09] | -Please get up. -Why do I have to go? | -快站起来. -我为什么要起来? |
[10:12] | -l don’t know. -But why? | -我不知道. -为什么? |
[10:14] | Because I said so! | 因为这是我说的! |
[10:19] | That was big when I was a kid. | 这声音对孩子来说大了点. |
[10:22] | -Mommy said you gotta go. -Leave Mommy out of it. | -妈妈说你必须去. -这场戏没有妈妈什么事. |
[10:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[10:25] | -You better get up or– -Or what? | -你最好立刻起来,否则– -否则怎样? |
[10:27] | -Or no more TV. -No, Ray. | -否则就取消电视时间. -不。雷. |
[10:29] | Okay. Or you’re going to boarding school. | 好吧. 否则就送你去寄宿学校. |
[10:34] | -Do you always threaten? -No. | -你总是威胁孩子吗? -不. |
[10:36] | -No, sometimes she yells. -Ray. | -不,有时候她会大叫. -雷. |
[10:39] | I’m sorry. We’ve run out of time. Thank you all for coming. | 我很抱歉. 我们花了太多的时间. 谢谢所有来听课的人. |
[10:42] | I’ll see you next week. | 下个礼拜见. |
[10:43] | Ray and Debra, I’d like you to stay after class, please. | 雷和黛博拉,我希望你们课后留一下. |
[10:46] | -l think we need to talk. -Nice going. | -我想我们需要谈一谈. -干得好. |
[10:49] | -What, my fault? -You raised your hand. | -什么, 你说这是我的错? -是你举的手. |
[11:15] | -What are you doing? -We’ve got homework to do. | -你在干什么? -我们有功课要做. |
[11:17] | No. I’m not doing any stinking homework. | 不. 我才不要做什么烂功课. |
[11:21] | You are the reason we got the homework. | 你就是让我们做功课的理由. |
[11:23] | You’re the brownnose that had to ask a question. | 是你拍马屁问了那个问题耶. |
[11:25] | I’m trying to learn here, Ray. | 我只是在试着多学点, 雷. |
[11:27] | Am I supposed to do these exercises by myself? | 难道我应该一个人去做这些功课? |
[11:29] | Can you? | 你可以? |
[11:32] | No. You gotta do them with me. | 不. 你应该和我一起做. |
[11:35] | -Come on. -Look, this time, you be the kid. | -拜托. -听着, 这一次 你来演小孩. |
[11:37] | -lt’ll be less of a stretch. -Okay, you think you can take me on? | -抓紧时间. -好吧, 你觉得你能搞定我? |
[11:42] | Okay, here. This is perfect. | 好的, 在这儿 这一段很好. |
[11:45] | You’re 12 years old, and you refuse to shovel the snow… | 你12岁, 而你拒绝去铲… |
[11:48] | off the driveway. | 在车库门口的雪. |
[11:54] | Could you please shovel the driveway? | 你能把车库门口的雪铲一下吗? |
[11:56] | No. | 不. |
[11:59] | Okay, I understand, because shoveling the snow can be hard. | 好吧, 我明白, 铲雪是件费力的活. |
[12:03] | Yes, so why are you asking? | 没错, 所以你为什么要让我去? |
[12:06] | Because you’re a member of this family and we help each other. | 因为你是这个家庭的一员 我们应该互相帮助才对. |
[12:09] | Yeah. Tough noogies. | 喔 霸权理论 |
[12:11] | -All right, time-out. -What? | -好的, 暂停. -什么? |
[12:13] | Time-out! | 暂停! |
[12:15] | Are you being Ray, the little kid or Ray, the big ass? | 你是要当什么, 小男孩 还是大混球雷? |
[12:20] | I’d like to be both. | 两个都想当. |
[12:22] | -Can we just do the exercise? -Go ahead. | -我们能好好做练习吗? -继续. |
[12:27] | Okay, I know that you feel that making you shovel is unfair. | 好吧, 我知道你觉得 让你一个人去铲雪很不公平. |
[12:32] | Yes. I have to shovel the snow, I have to take out the garbage… | 没错. 我必须去铲雪, 我必须去倒垃圾… |
[12:36] | I have to load the dishwasher, while you’re up in bed… | 我必须去洗碗, 但你却可以躺在床上.. |
[12:39] | not sleeping with Daddy. | 不用和爸爸睡在一起. |
[12:45] | Well, we all have chores we don’t like to do. | 好吧,我们都有不喜欢做的事情. |
[12:51] | But in the future, little Ray… | 但是从今以后, 小小瑞… |
[12:54] | if you feel that you have too much to do, you just tell me… | 如果你觉得自己承担的活太多, 你可以告诉我… |
[12:58] | and I’ll try to make things more even. So how about that driveway? | 然后我可以尽量把它们分配的均匀一点. 那么车道的雪怎么办? |
[13:01] | I’m too tired right now. I win. | 我现在已经很累了. 我赢了. |
[13:05] | Ray, this isn’t about winning or losing. | 雷, 这不是输赢的问题. |
[13:07] | You know who always says that? The loser. | 你知道这是谁最爱说的话? 失败者. |
[13:14] | I am just trying to do this active listening stuff… | 我只是试着 用主动倾听法… |
[13:17] | and you are not playing right. | 而你总不按照规范来. |
[13:19] | You’re gonna say that to your kid? | 你要这么跟孩子说话吗? |
[13:22] | It’s obvious you’re trying to screw it up. | 你很明显是在扭曲事实. |
[13:24] | -Well, I’m a real little kid. -Yes, you are, and no TV. | -哦, 我只是个小男孩. -好吧, 你是,所以你被取消电视时间. |
[13:29] | -See? -Come on. | -啊哈,看到了? -别这样. |
[13:30] | -No TV. That’s all. -Yes. | -不许看电视. 就是这样. -没错. |
[13:32] | -See, you couldn’t do it, either. -Yes, you are right. | -看吧, 你也不能比我做得更好. -是的,你说的对. |
[13:35] | I just stink at the whole thing. | 我把事情都搞砸了. |
[13:43] | Come on. lt’ll be okay. | 别这样. 一切都会好起来的. |
[13:48] | Come on. | 别这样. |
[13:54] | I’ll shovel the snow. | 我去铲雪就是了. |
[13:58] | It’s not that. lt’s just that… | 不是那样.这只是… |
[14:00] | when we got home tonight, I tried this stuff on Ally… | 当我们今晚回家后, 我试着对爱莉用这种方法… |
[14:04] | and it didn’t work on her, and it’s not working on you, either. | 对她根本不起作用, 现在对你也一样没效果。 |
[14:07] | It’s just not working. | 根本就没有用. |
[14:09] | Come on. Don’t worry. lt’ll be okay. | 别这样.不要担心了. 会好起来的. |
[14:13] | It’s all right. | 我没事. |
[14:15] | I’m flunking the class, Ray! | 我这门课不及格, 雷! |
[14:18] | You’re flunking? | 你不及格? |
[14:20] | Listen, don’t worry about the class. I told you we didn’t need a class. | 听着, 别去管什么破课了. 我早跟你说过我们不需要任何课程. |
[14:25] | The answer to how to stop plum throwing is not in a workbook. | 真正该做的是去阻止事态的发展 而不是做笔记. |
[14:29] | This is a seat-of-the-pants operation here. | 这需要面对面的交谈. |
[14:31] | What are we gonna do? How are we gonna get Ally to behave? | 你打算怎么做? 我们要怎样做才能改变爱莉的态度? |
[14:36] | The crying is pretty good. | 哭是个好办法. |
[14:46] | Ray, get in on some of this. | 雷, 过来尝尝这个. |
[14:48] | What’s she doing, just laying out a buffet now? | 她在干什么, 在这儿开自助餐会吗? |
[14:51] | -This is supposed to be for the week. -You’ll cook some more. | -这些东西差不多够吃一个星期. -你还可以再多做一些. |
[14:54] | Go ahead, honey. You look hungry. | 吃点东西, 亲爱的. 你看起来很饿. |
[14:57] | -I’ll heat up the ziti. -When you were baby-sitting… | -我给你热点面条. -妈,你上次来看孩子的时候… |
[15:00] | -did you change the twins’ pajamas? -Yeah. They’re over here. | -你是不是帮双胞胎换过睡衣? -是啊. 在那呢. |
[15:03] | -l wanted to treat some of those old spots. -We have a washing machine, Ma. | -我想弄掉上面的污迹. -我们自己有洗衣机, 妈. |
[15:07] | Yeah, I know, but stubborn stains need special care. | 是的, 我知道, 但是那些污渍看起来很顽固 需要特殊对待. |
[15:11] | Maybe you can take a class on that. | 也许你该去上堂课学学. |
[15:15] | I gotta go to grandparenting class at 3:00. | 我下午3:00要去上”爷爷课堂”. |
[15:20] | Today we’re learning “got your nose” and “pull my finger.” | 今天我们要学习 “捏住你的鼻子” 然后”插入我的手指.” |
[15:26] | Make sure you don’t miss the seminar on moving to Florida. | 你确信你们没有错过 “如何搬家去佛罗里达”的研讨课. |
[15:30] | Ma, get me the pajamas, please. And the ziti. | 妈, 把睡衣给我. 谢谢,还有面条. |
[15:33] | Frank, what the hell is this? | 弗兰克, 这是什么玩意? |
[15:35] | I’m not ready for ice cream yet. | 我现在还没打算吃冰淇淋呢. |
[15:37] | This is our tax refund check. It was stuck to the bottom of the ice cream. | 这是我们的退税帐单. 它粘在了冰淇淋盒子的底下. |
[15:42] | You’ve been on my back for a month, telling me that I lost it. | 你让它在这躺了一个月, 却跟我说是我把它弄丢了. |
[15:45] | I’m not the one who eats ice cream in this house. | 我是这个屋子里唯一不吃冰淇淋的人. |
[15:47] | -You eat ice cream. -Tofutti. I eat Tofutti. | -才怪,你当然吃. -豆腐泥. 我只吃豆腐泥.(冰淇淋代替品) |
[15:51] | You tell your friends you eat Tofutti, but you eat my ice cream. | 你告诉别人你只吃豆腐泥, 但事实上你却偷吃我的冰淇淋 |
[15:54] | Take a look at the Tofutti. There’s not a dent in the Tofutti. | 把你的豆腐你拿起来. 还是满满的一大盒,连一点凹坑都没有. |
[15:57] | If I do eat ice cream, and I’m not saying that I do… | 就算我吃冰淇淋, 我是说”就算” … |
[16:00] | I put it in a bowl like a person, not on the table… | 我也会像正常人一样盛到盘子里 不会把盒子直接放到桌子上… |
[16:03] | where it gets stuck to an important check that somebody accuses me of losing. | 然后粘上重要的帐单再放回冰箱! 接着却指责我把东西弄丢了. |
[16:07] | ln class, we were just doing this. | 在课堂上,我们就像你们这样互相辩驳. |
[16:09] | -Why can’t you just admit this is your fault? -Because I don’t lose things. | -为什么你就不肯承认这是你的错呢? -.因为我没有弄丢任何东西 |
[16:12] | -I’m organized. -Not organized. lnsane. | -我做事很有条理. -不是有条理,是神经病。 |
[16:16] | She’s got a shoebox labeled: “Pieces of string too small to use.” | 她在鞋盒上贴标签,写: “短孔鞋带专用.” |
[16:20] | -That I should tie together into a noose. -l got a beam all picked out! | -那样才会知道哪条鞋带合适哪双鞋。 -我有一整捆可以随便挑! |
[16:25] | Yeah, I got a step stool for you. | 你真是一个死老头. |
[16:28] | Wait. Just listen here for a second. Wait. | 停,停. 让我说几句. |
[16:30] | -So, Dad, you think Mom’s being unfair? -That’s right. | -那么,爸, 你觉得妈妈总是很不公平? -没错. |
[16:34] | It’s always my fault when she can’t find something. | 当她没有地方撒气的时候 我就成了代罪的小羔羊. |
[16:37] | Because I work like a dog to keep this place straight… | 因为我像条狗一样 辛辛苦苦的打扫房子维持清洁… |
[16:40] | -and he messes it up with all his projects. -lce cream’s a project? | -但他总要弄出一些事情来把所有的事搞砸. -“冰淇淋破坏计划”? |
[16:44] | You think Dad’s being inconsiderate. | 你认为爸爸老是不顾及别人的感受. |
[16:47] | Have you met your father? | 难道你还不清楚你爸? |
[16:50] | -What about your consideration? -Do I ever get any thanks… | -那你就懂得体谅别人吗? -对于我在这做的所有事情… |
[16:53] | -for all the stuff I do around here? -Like what? | -我也从来没有得到过一句谢谢. -比如说? |
[16:55] | What is it you do? | 你能做什么? |
[16:58] | -Didn’t I fix the thing? -That’s true, Ma. He did. | -我没修好过家里的东西? -那是事实, 妈. 他做过. |
[17:02] | -So Dad’s feeling unappreciated. -That’s right. | -所以爸爸觉得自己从没被感激过. -没错. |
[17:05] | Come on. I don’t appreciate you? | 少来了. 我没有感激过你? |
[17:09] | How do I know? | 什么时候? |
[17:10] | Yeah, evidently, Dad isn’t hearing “thank you.” | 嗯, 很明显, 爸爸没有听过”谢谢”这个词. |
[17:14] | He wants “thank you”? | 他想要听 “谢谢”? |
[17:17] | This isn’t “thank you”? | 这难道不是 “谢谢”? |
[17:20] | I guess Mom’s saying: “Actions speak louder than words.” | 我猜妈妈是想说: “行动永远比嘴上说说要来得实在.” |
[17:23] | That’s very good. But sometimes we need to hear the words. | 对极了. 但是有时候我们还是需要听听”那个词”. |
[17:26] | -Yeah. I need words. -And I don’t need words? | -对. 我需要”那个词”. -难道我就不需要听了吗? |
[17:34] | I’m sorry the check got stuck to the Chubby Hubby. | 我很抱歉那张帐单被你的胖男人耽误了. |
[17:41] | -You never said that before. -No one’s ever said that before. | -你以前从来没跟我这么说过. -没人会说这样的话. |
[17:49] | -l appreciate you. -Thanks. | -我感激你. -谢谢. |
[17:53] | Holy crap. It works. | 扯毙了. 居然有效. |
[17:56] | -The pot roast’s ready. -Great. | -肉已经烤好了. -太棒了. |
[17:59] | -l love your mother’s pot roast. -I’m gonna get an “A” here. | -我最爱你妈做的烤肉. -我想我必须要离开这儿了. |
[18:03] | Careful, it’s hot. | 小心点, 非常烫. |
[18:08] | How is it, chi-chi? | 怎么样, 小亲亲? |
[18:13] | Chi-chi like. | 亲亲喜欢. |
[18:18] | What did you do? | 你做了些什么? |
[18:22] | -Debbie, you’re not gonna believe this. -Why did you do this, Ally? | -黛博拉, 你一定不敢相信这个. -你为什么要这么做, 爱莉? |
[18:26] | -This is terrible. -Great. | -这太可怕了. -太好了. |
[18:31] | This is MichaeI’s giraffe. He’s crying. Now why did you do this? | 这是迈克尔的长颈鹿. 他现在正在哭. 现在告诉我你为什么要这么做? |
[18:35] | -‘Cause. -“‘Cause” is not an answer. | -‘我喜欢. -喜欢可不是一个好答案. |
[18:38] | -Active listening. -Ray, that doesn’t work. | -主动聆听. -雷, 那一点用都没有. |
[18:40] | It works. I just used it on the worst kids in the neighborhood. | 当然有用. 我刚刚把它成功用在 邻居的两个更恶劣的小孩身上。 |
[18:44] | -Look at this. Look what she did. -Try it. | -看看这个. 看看她都干了些什么. -试一试. |
[18:47] | -No, Ray! -Okay, you want me to do it? | -不, 雷! -好吧, 你想让我来这么做? |
[18:49] | No, I’ll do it. | 不,我来做. |
[18:52] | -Okay. Ally, let’s talk about what you did. -l don’t wanna talk. | -好了. 爱莉, 让我们来谈谈你做的事情. -我不想谈. |
[18:58] | -Are you feeling angry? -Reflect back. | -你是不是觉得很生气? -换位思考. |
[19:03] | -You’re angry? -Yes. | -你感觉生气对吗? -是的. |
[19:05] | Okay, but it’s not okay to rip up toys when we’re angry. | 好吧, 但是当你生气的时候也不能把怨气 发泄到玩具身上. |
[19:09] | Judgmental. | 口气别强硬. |
[19:15] | You are angry because…. | 你生气是因为…. |
[19:20] | -Because it used to be your toy. -Yes. | -因为这个玩具以前是你的. -是的. |
[19:26] | -l don’t like Michael and Geoffrey. -l see. | -我不喜欢迈克尔和杰弗里. -我明白. |
[19:30] | You think that Mommy and Daddy pay too much attention… | 你觉得爸爸妈妈 把更多的注意集中在了… |
[19:33] | -to Michael and Geoffrey. -Okay, I was handling this. | -在迈克尔和杰弗里的身上. -好了,我正在处理这件事 . |
[19:36] | -They get everything. -Right, and you’re upset… | -他们拥有一切. -好的, 你难受是因为… |
[19:39] | -because we gave them your old giraffe. -l still liked it. | -因为我们把你的旧玩具给了他们. -我仍然很喜欢它的. |
[19:43] | -But you weren’t playing with it. -That doesn’t matter, though… | -但是你已经几乎不玩它了. -那不是问题的重点… |
[19:47] | because it was still yours, and you’re mad… | 因为那仍然是你的东西,你生气是因为… |
[19:50] | because we gave it to Michael without asking you, right? | 我们未经过你的同意就把它给了双胞胎,对吗? |
[19:54] | Right. | 是的. |
[19:58] | Mommy and Daddy made a mistake, and everybody makes mistakes. | 爸爸和妈妈犯了一个错误, 但是每个人都会犯错. |
[20:02] | -Right, Mommy? -Yes. | -是这样吗, 妈妈? -没错. |
[20:06] | -You feel better now, Ally? -Yes. Can I have the giraffe? | -现在你觉得好点了吗, 爱莉? -是的.我能拿回我的长颈鹿吗? |
[20:10] | -Well, it’s broken, honey. -l know. | -但是它已经坏了, 亲爱的. -我知道. |
[20:12] | I want to try to fix it for Michael. | 我想把它修好然后给迈克尔. |
[20:20] | -Here, sweetie. -Thank you, Daddy. | -拿着, 宝贝. -谢谢你,爸爸. |
[20:27] | -See how I did that? -Yeah. Can’t believe it. | -看见我做的了吗? -是的.简直难以置信. |
[20:31] | It’s pretty amazing. You did it. | 这真让人吃惊. 你做到了. |
[20:36] | Anything else need taken care of while I’m around here? | 这周围还有什么人需要我去关怀一下吗? |
[20:40] | -No. -What? What’s the matter? | -没有. -怎么了,有什么问题? |
[20:43] | Nothing with you, obviously. | 显然你什么问题也没有. |
[20:47] | Don’t go by me. I’m a natural. | 不要跟我比. 我是天生的. |
[20:51] | Don’t worry. You’ll get it. | 别担心,总有一天你也能做到. |
[20:56] | Don’t act so proud of yourself. | 你别得意忘形了. |
[20:58] | If I hadn’t dragged you to that stupid class… | 要不是我拉着你去上那狗屁课程… |
[21:01] | you’d still be standing there going, “No TV.” | 你还不是继续站在这, “嘿!取消电视时间.” |
[21:07] | You’re feeling inadequate ’cause I mastered it before you. | 你现在一定感觉很不舒服 ‘因为我做的比你好. |
[21:10] | Don’t give me that active listening crap. | 别对我用你的狗屁主动聆听法. |
[21:13] | Where do you get off listening to me? | 你什么时候好好听过我说话? |
[21:18] | Never happen again. | 以后不会了. |
[21:27] | It’s chickens eating chickens. That’s why it’s funny. | 小鸡吃掉小鸡. 这就是好笑的原因. |
[21:32] | -You got any Kleenex? -Don’t give him any. | -你这儿有纸巾吗? -什么也别给他. |
[21:35] | -We got five boxes open over there. -They’re all halfway down. | -我们那有整整5盒. -每盒都只剩一半了. |
[21:39] | The tissues don’t pop up anymore. | 根本就没办法把纸从里面拿出来. |
[21:40] | You reach in, your hand gets stuck in the box. | 手只要伸进去, 就会被卡在盒子里. |
[21:42] | Your hand gets stuck in the box because you shove it in like an animal. | 你的手卡在盒子里 那是因为你伸手的动作就像一头野兽. |
[21:46] | Watch this. So, Ma, you think Dad’s being wasteful… | 看看这个. 所以, 妈, 你认为爸是在浪费纸张… |
[21:50] | and Dad, you think Mom’s being unreasonable. | 而爸, 你认为 妈是在无理取闹. |
[21:52] | And a nag. | 还有唠叨. |
[21:55] | A nag? | 唠叨? |
[21:58] | You bitter, miserable man. | 你这个可恨的小心眼. |
[22:01] | Why do you think that is, Marie? | 你为什么会这么想, 玛丽? |
[22:05] | -I’m sleeping here tonight. -Good! | -我今晚要在这过夜. -好极了! |
[22:12] | Nice job, Professor. | 干得好, 专家. |
[22:15] | No TV. | 不许看电视. |