时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You stepped out of bounds. Throw the flag. He’s out of bounds. | 你越位了! 快举旗好吗, 那家伙越位。 |
[00:09] | Don’t you shut that door on me, young lady. | 别当着我的面关门, 年轻女士。 |
[00:12] | Ally, what happened? | 爱莉, 发生了什么事? |
[00:13] | -You get back here. -No. | -��回来这里。 -不! |
[00:15] | -Ally. -No. | -爱莉。 -不! |
[00:17] | She won’t finish her piano lessons. | 她会上不完钢琴课的。 |
[00:19] | -l don’t want any stupid lesson. -Hey. | -我才不想上什么蠢课程。 -嗨! |
[00:23] | I’m trying to watch here. | 我正在看电视耶。 |
[00:27] | -Marie, what happened? -Well, I’ve never had a student like her. | -玛莉,发生了什么事? -好吧,我从没见过像她一样的学生。 |
[00:30] | She just slams the piano lid down and runs out of the house. | 她竟然猛的把钢琴盖子合上 然后跑出房子。 |
[00:34] | isthis how you raise your daughter? | 你就是这么教 你女儿的吗? |
[00:38] | When the game’s on, it’s her daughter. | 从技术上来说, 是”她”的女儿。 |
[00:47] | Ally, if you don’t take your lessons seriously… | 爱莉, 如果��再不认真上课的话. |
[00:50] | you cannot play the piano. | ��就再也不能碰钢琴了。 |
[00:51] | Okay. | 好啊~ |
[00:55] | You have 20 minutes of arpeggios left today. | ��今天有还有20分钟的合音练习 。 |
[00:57] | Are you coming back across the street or not? | ��是不是现在就回去 还是不? |
[00:59] | No. | 不! |
[01:01] | Hey, Ally…. | 嗨,爱莉…. |
[01:04] | You know, Marie, maybe we should just let it go for today. | ��知道,玛莉, 也许我们今天应该算了。 |
[01:07] | Let it go? Fine. | 算了? 很好。 |
[01:10] | We can let it all go. | 干脆一切都不用理好了。 |
[01:12] | We’ll let it all go. | 最好什么都不理。 |
[01:15] | Music. Culture. Civilization. | 音乐。 知识。 文明。 |
[01:19] | You know, without discipline, Mozart would have been… | ��知道, 没有训练, 就连莫札特也会变成….. |
[01:21] | one of those bang-ganging rapsters. | 那些低俗的说唱歌手。 |
[01:28] | Snoop Motzy Mozart. | 嘻哈莫莫-莫扎特 |
[01:38] | Ally, do you want to tell Mommy what’s wrong? | 爱莉,��能告诉妈妈 是怎么回事? |
[01:41] | -Does Grandma scare you? -No. | -奶奶恐吓��吗? -没有. |
[01:45] | Well then, what is it? | 好吧,那是因为什么? |
[01:46] | Piano’s boring. | 学钢琴很无聊。 |
[01:48] | Boring? Ally, you’ve had three lessons. | 无聊? 爱莉, ��只上了3堂课。 |
[01:51] | Honey, if you really don’t like it… | 亲爱的, 如果��真的不喜欢… |
[01:54] | and you don’t want to do it anymore, you don’t have to. | 而且��不想继续的话, ��可以不去。 |
[01:56] | Great. | 太棒了。 |
[02:01] | -That’s it? -What? | – 这就完了? – 怎么了? |
[02:03] | No more piano, just like that? That’s okay? | 再也没有钢琴课了, 就像那样? 那就行了? |
[02:06] | What? if she doesn’t want to take piano lessons… | 怎么了? 如果她不想上钢琴课的话… |
[02:09] | we’re not going to force her to, are we? | 我们不应该强迫她去,对吗 ? |
[02:11] | Well, what if she’s great at piano? You’ve got to stick to stuff. | 好吧, 如果她是个钢琴天才怎么办? ��需要培养她. |
[02:16] | You don’t quit after three lessons. | ��不能只上3节课就放弃。 |
[02:18] | Did I quit asking you to marry me after three rejections? No. | 我向��求婚3次失败后放弃了吗 没有. |
[02:25] | You don’t get anywhere if you quit. | 如果放弃的话��什么也得不到。 |
[02:27] | I don’t want Ally to be like that. | 我不希望爱莉成为那样。 |
[02:31] | -Ray. -What? | -雷。 -什么事? |
[02:35] | I had no idea you’d feel so strongly about it. | 我不知道你对这件事态度这么强硬。 |
[02:38] | I’m glad that you do. | 我真高兴你能这么想 。 |
[02:45] | You know, I feel very strongly about it. | ��知道, 我变得越来越强硬了。 |
[02:50] | You know what? You should tell Ally that you want her to continue– | 你知道吗? 你应该告诉爱莉 你希望她继续– |
[02:54] | -No, wait, me? -Yes. Sweetie, come here. | -不,等一下,我? -没错, 甜心, 来这里。 |
[02:56] | -l don’t want to be the one who forces– -Come on. | – 我不当个强迫者– – 拜托。 |
[02:59] | I was watching the game, that’s all. | 我正在看球赛, 就这样而已。 |
[03:03] | Sweetie, Daddy and I were talking, and…. | 亲爱的,爸爸和我谈了一下, 然后…. |
[03:06] | Go ahead, Ray. | 继续, 雷。 |
[03:07] | -No, you’re doing good. -Come on. | -不,��做得很好。 -快点。 |
[03:09] | You’ve got a knack for this. | ��已经很熟练了。 |
[03:11] | Hey. I need a vase. | 嗨, 我需要一个花瓶。 |
[03:22] | -You need a vase? -l broke a vase. Mom’s blue vase. | -你需要一个花瓶? -我打碎了一个花瓶。 妈妈的蓝色花瓶。 |
[03:27] | I’m ironing, right? | 我在烫衣服, 好吗? |
[03:31] | Okay. Let’s go. Vase. | 好吧 快一点 花瓶 花瓶。 |
[03:36] | What is with you? | 你怎么了? |
[03:38] | Mom’s already upset about “the one who quit the lesson.” | 妈妈已经被”放弃课程的人.” 弄得大为光火了 |
[03:43] | I don’t want to be “the one who broke the vase.” | 我可不想当 “打碎花瓶的人.” |
[03:46] | I’m still “the one who broke the bidet.” | 而我已经是 “打碎浴缸的人.” |
[03:52] | Hey, Uncle Rob, you know what Grandma told me? | 嗨,罗伯特叔叔, 你知道奶奶跟我说什么了吗? |
[03:54] | She sees potential in Ally. | 她说爱莉很有潜力。 |
[03:56] | And Grandma’s a pretty good piano teacher. She doesn’t see potential in just anybody. | 而且奶奶是相当好的钢琴老师。 她从没说过任何人有潜力。 |
[04:00] | Well, that’s true. | 好吧,那倒是真的。 |
[04:04] | She tried to teach me piano when I was a kid, but I got the nosebleeds. | 她试着教我钢琴 当我还是小孩的时候,但是我总流鼻血。 |
[04:10] | That’s why you’ll notice some of the keys are still a little discolored. | 那就是为什么你会发现 有些琴键变了色。 |
[04:15] | -Did you take piano, too, Daddy? -Yes, I did. | -你也学过钢琴吗,爸爸? -是的。 |
[04:19] | -You did? -Yeah. We took lessons from Grandma. | -你也学过? -是的。 她奶奶教我们。 |
[04:22] | -So you can play piano? -No, that was…. | -那么你也会弹钢琴了? -不,那是…. |
[04:27] | It was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事情了。 |
[04:29] | Did you quit? | 你放弃了? |
[04:52] | -How’s that book? -lt’s great. | – 这书有趣吗? – 很不错。 |
[04:56] | You like it? | ��喜欢? |
[05:00] | -How long is it? -Ray, do you want to talk? | -它有多少页? – 雷,你是想和我谈谈吗? |
[05:04] | If you want. | 如果你想的话。 |
[05:07] | I know you feel bad about Ally. | 我知道你为爱莉的事很不好受。 |
[05:09] | Well, I mean, how can I tell her not to quit, when– | 好吧, 我的意思是, 我怎能叫她不放弃,然而– |
[05:12] | When you’re a quitter? | 自己却是个”逃兵”? |
[05:15] | Thanks. What’s that book about, gelding? | 谢谢。那本书是关于什么的, 落井下石? |
[05:21] | Nobody would blame you for not wanting to take piano lessons from your mother. | 没有人责怪你 没继续上你妈的钢琴课。 |
[05:26] | She gave me a knitting lesson once… | 她给我也设计过一堂课…… |
[05:28] | and by the end of it, I wanted to impale myself. | 在它结束以前, 我就开始想自残了 。 |
[05:32] | My mother is not why I quit. | 我妈 并不是我放弃的原因。 |
[05:34] | Well, you know, I’m no shrink, but of course it is. | 好吧, 不是因为她, 但当然是那原因。 |
[05:40] | No, it wasn’t her, okay? It was my father. | 不, 她不是理由, 好吗? 是我的爸。 |
[05:42] | -He wasn’t very supportive. -What do you mean? | -他很不支持。 -你的意思是? |
[05:46] | He hated the idea of me taking piano lessons. | 他讨厌我上钢琴课 。 |
[05:49] | He thought a boy should be out playing ball and stuff and…. | 他认为男孩应该到外面去 玩球之类的什么…. |
[05:52] | What are you saying, that you miss the piano? | 你是说, 你错过了钢琴? |
[05:55] | Well, I don’t know, you know? My mother was a really good teacher. | 好吧,我不知道, 我妈是非常好的老师。 |
[06:01] | ln fact, I tell you, some of the best times we had were at the piano. | 事实上,我告诉你, 在钢琴旁 是我们一段最美好的时光。 |
[06:04] | She was different there, because she loved the music, and that just made her… | 她一弹钢琴就不同了, 因为她爱音乐 ,那让她…. |
[06:10] | nice. | 很优雅。 |
[06:20] | What the hell was that? | 见鬼的怎么回事? |
[06:26] | I just can’t believe how adorable you are. I never knew you had all these feelings. | 我只是不敢相信你这么可爱。 我从不知道你有这些感觉。 |
[06:36] | Don’t tell anybody. | 不要告诉任何人。 |
[06:39] | But, yes, I’m full of feelings. | 但是,好吧,我现在浑身都是感觉 。 |
[06:47] | -l have an idea. -Good. Wait. | -我有个主意。 -好的。 等一下。 |
[06:57] | Take some more piano lessons from your mother. | 去跟你妈学多几堂钢琴课。 |
[07:01] | -What? -Yes. | -什么? -是的。 |
[07:02] | -No. -Listen, not for you. Just to show Ally. | -不 -听着,不是为了你,是为了演给爱莉。 |
[07:05] | Just enough to be able to play a song or something. | 只要能弹一首曲子或是什么就行。 |
[07:09] | -No. -To set an example. | -不 -做个好榜样。 |
[07:10] | -l can’t. -Sure you can. | – 我做不到。 – 我确信你能。 |
[07:12] | -Come on, I’m– -Are you a quitter? | -拜托,我– -你是一个”逃兵”? |
[07:21] | You know, I’m going to stop being so adorable if this is what I get. | 你知道麽,如果这样做 我就不会再可爱了。 |
[07:36] | Ma. | 妈。 |
[07:49] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[07:55] | Have you been lifting weights? God. | 你把底下都打扫了吗? 上帝。 |
[07:58] | You don’t need that thing. Just pick up the house and shake it. | 你用不着那么做。 只要随便收拾一下就行。 |
[08:02] | What do you want from me? Are you hungry? | 你到这来干嘛? 你饿了吗? |
[08:04] | -I’ll make you something to eat. -No, I’m not hungry. | -我给你弄点吃的。 -不,我不饿。 |
[08:08] | Listen… | 听着…… |
[08:11] | what are you doing after vacuuming? | 你打扫完后准备干什么? |
[08:14] | I reload the bag and go again. | 再打扫一遍。 |
[08:18] | I was wondering if maybe later on… | 我只是想如果可能迟一些的时候…. |
[08:21] | you could maybe give me a piano lesson. | 你或许可以给我上堂钢琴课 。 |
[08:25] | Maybe later. | 或许再晚一些。 |
[08:28] | -What are you doing? -Nothing. | -你在干什么? -没什么。 |
[08:31] | -You’re making fun of me? -No. | -你在拿我寻开心? -不 |
[08:33] | You don’t think I know the kids make fun of me? | 你以为我不知道 孩子们在拿我开心吗? |
[08:35] | -Nobody’s making anything– -“The old piano lady.” | – 没人取笑你– -“老钢琴女士.” |
[08:39] | Yeah, like I’m from the lost world. | 是的,好想我来自失落的世界。 |
[08:41] | Maybe if more children took piano lessons instead of shooting lessons today… | 也许如果更多的孩子今天用钢琴课 来代替射击课。。。 |
[08:45] | we’d be better off. | 我们的情况才能好点。 |
[08:47] | They don’t take shooting lessons, Ma. They just shoot. | 他们没有射击课 ,妈。 他们只是射击。 |
[08:52] | Go ahead. Go buy your kids guns, that’s what they want. | 那好呀。 去给你的小孩买枪, 那才是他们想要的。 |
[08:56] | Guns and crack, go ahead. | 枪和手榴弹, 去呀。 |
[08:59] | -You should do whatever they want. -Mom, listen, you were right yesterday. | – 他们要什么就给什么。 – 妈, 听着, 昨天你是对的。 |
[09:04] | I don’t think Ally should give up piano so fast. | 我也不认为 爱莉应该这么快就放弃钢琴。 |
[09:07] | So I wanted to play something for her to set an example, to showher, you know? | 所以我打算做个榜样 给她看看 ,你知道麽? |
[09:13] | -And I need a brush-up, a lesson. -That was 25 years ago, Raymond. | -而且我需要复习,一堂课 。 -那是25年前的事了, 雷。 |
[09:17] | So? We pick up right where we left off. | 那又怎样? 哪里丢下哪里捡起。 |
[09:21] | Come on. Look at this. | 来啦。看看这个。 |
[09:23] | See, I sit here, you sit there. Remember? | 看,我在这里坐,你在那里坐。 还记得吗? |
[09:27] | -l remember. -So? | -当然。 -所以? |
[09:29] | Come on, it’s still good, still nice. Remember nice? | 来啦,仍然会很好,仍然会很优雅。 还记得优雅麽? |
[09:36] | No yelling, we break later for a chocolate milk, butter cookies…. | 没有大叫,过一会儿 会有巧克力奶和饼干…. |
[09:41] | -You’re serious? -Yeah. I want to do this, Ma. | -你是认真的? -是的。我很认真,妈。 |
[09:50] | Ma? | 妈? |
[09:53] | I knew you’d come back. | 我就知道你会回来。 |
[10:02] | Get up. | 起来。 |
[10:03] | -We were working on this piece. -You kept my music? | -我们继续那首乐谱。 -你还留着我的乐谱? |
[10:07] | -We don’t throw out music. -You got what I was wearing in there? | -我们不会丢掉音乐。 -你还留着我当时穿的衣服吗? |
[10:10] | I think it was bell-bottoms and a vest with fringes. | 我想是条喇叭裤 和一件毛边背心。 |
[10:15] | Raymond, I’m so…. | 雷,我真的太…. |
[10:21] | What’s all this? | 这是怎么了? |
[10:24] | Robbie, your brother’s returned to music. | 罗比,你弟弟又重投音乐的怀抱了。 |
[10:31] | You can never turn your back on your talent. | 你绝不能丢掉你的天赋。 |
[10:41] | You know, I was thinking of taking up the drums again. | 你知道吗,我正在考虑 要重新踏上我的鼓手之路。 |
[10:45] | Just got to scoop the kitty litter out of the bass drum. | 只要把鼓从那一堆 猫便便里挖出来就行。 |
[10:49] | That’s silly, Robbie. You’re a policeman. | 那很蠢, 罗比 你已经是警察了。 |
[10:53] | I’m a sergeant. | 我是警官。 |
[10:57] | Come on, Shamsky. Let’s go scratch. | 来吧 ,沙姆斯基。 让我们去抓抓什么。 |
[11:01] | You remember this one? You almost had it down. | 你还记得这个吗? 你几乎全部能弹完。 |
[11:03] | Theme from Love Story.” | 爱的旋律。” |
[11:09] | See, and your posture’s still very good. Leaning in. | 看, 你的姿势仍然非常好。 倾斜点。 |
[11:13] | -Sitting up’s for the dinner table. -And relaxed elbows and in. | – 就像坐在餐桌前。 – 放松关节。 |
[11:17] | We’re not flying away. | 我们不会飞走。 |
[11:22] | You do remember. | 你竟然还记得。 |
[11:24] | All right, shall we try it? No pressure. | 好吧,我们来试试? 别紧张。 |
[11:28] | -Just take your time. -Okay. | -要从容不迫。 -好的。 |
[11:30] | -Okay, wrists up. -Right. | -好,手腕提高。 -没错。 |
[11:33] | -Okay. -What’s that note? | -好。 -那是什么调? |
[11:37] | -C. -C? | |
[11:39] | No, that’s not a C, sweetie. Does it have a line running through it? | 不,那不是C调 ,亲爱的。 音符中有穿过横线吗? |
[11:44] | -Yes. -Well then, how can that be a C? | -是的。 -那就对了,怎么能是C调呢? |
[11:47] | -F-A-C-E, “face,” are the ones in the spaces. -Right. | -F-A-C-E, “face”,是一个人站在空地。 -对了。 |
[11:52] | And E-G-B-D-F are the ones with the line running through it. You know that. | E-G-B-D-F 有条横线穿过它。 你知道的。 |
[11:56] | -What’s E-G-B-D-F? -“Ellen Garvey’s behind deserves framing.” | -E-G-B-D-F是什么? (亚伦号的船尾应该整修)。 |
[12:03] | I don’t like that, Raymond. | 我想不是,雷。 |
[12:06] | -Sorry. -lt’s “Every girl bakes delicious fudge.” | – 抱歉。 – 它是 “每个女孩都会做的美梦”。 |
[12:11] | -Or “Eric Gunsel boinked–” -Raymond. | – 或 ” Eric Gunsel boinked–” – 雷。 |
[12:15] | That’s how I remember it. You got the fudge way. | 我就是那么记的。 反正你也是随便说的。 |
[12:18] | -Get up. -What? | -起来。 -什么? |
[12:20] | You’re obviously unprepared for this number. | 你显然还没有准备好。 |
[12:22] | -We need a practice book. -l hate the practice book. | -我们需要一本练习册。 -我恨练习册。 |
[12:26] | -Here’s the brown one. -Brown. | – 褐色的那本。 – 褐色。 |
[12:29] | Now, do you want Pretty Polly or Eskimo Boy? | 现在,你要弹 “可爱的波丽” 还是”爱斯基摩男孩”? |
[12:34] | Well? | 哪个? |
[12:36] | -Pretty Pollyy. -Okay. | -“可爱的波丽”。 -好。 |
[12:39] | There you go. | 我们讲到哪里了。 |
[12:43] | All right. Wrists, posture. | 好。 手腕,姿势。 |
[12:48] | Ready? | 预备好了吗? |
[12:50] | Prettypolly is a polly | 可爱波丽是波丽 |
[12:53] | -Go ahead, third finger. -Where? | – 继续,无名指。 – 按哪里? |
[12:57] | Where? Get up. | 哪里? 起来。 |
[13:00] | Why? | 为什么? |
[13:01] | Because it’s too hard for you. You need the purple book. | 因为这对你来说太难。 你需要紫色的那本。 |
[13:08] | There. All right? | 这本。 好了? |
[13:10] | -What’s this note? -“B.” | -这是什么调? |
[13:14] | Get up. | 起来。 |
[13:20] | -The orange book. -Orange? You skipped the blue book. | -橘色的书。 -橘色? 你跳过了那本蓝色的。 |
[13:24] | You have to earn the blue book. | 你必须靠自己去赢得那本蓝色的。 |
[13:27] | You don’t even know the basics, Raymond. Don’t you listen to me when I talk? | 你甚至连最基本的也不懂,雷。 当我说的时候你都没在听吗? |
[13:31] | -That was 25 years ago. -You remembered Ellen Garvey. | – 那是在25年以前。 – 但你记得艾伦号。 |
[13:34] | Her behind deserved framing. | 她的船尾应该整修了。 |
[13:36] | You think that’s funny? Well, you listen to me. | 你觉得那很好笑? 好吧, 听我说。 |
[13:39] | There’s nothing funny about throwing away your talent. | 把你的天分都扔掉一点也不好笑。 |
[13:42] | -Come on, Ma. What talent? -You had talent. | -拜托, 妈。 什么天分? -你有天分。 |
[13:46] | You had potential. You had sensitivity. | 你有潜力。 你富有敏感性。 |
[13:49] | Look at your fingers, they’re beautiful. | 看看你的手指, 他们是多么漂亮。 |
[13:53] | Come on, Ma. | 拜托, 妈。 |
[13:59] | I’ll try Eskimo Boy. | 我们来试试”爱斯基摩男孩”。 |
[14:10] | Hey, Ray. | 嗨,雷。 |
[14:13] | -The rat go home? -Rat? | -叛徒回家了吗? -叛徒? |
[14:17] | Yeah, I heard your mother giving a lesson to one of her piano rats. | 是的,我听见你妈妈 在给她的钢琴叛徒上课。 |
[14:20] | I was hiding out. | 我就躲起来了。 |
[14:23] | Yeah, the rat went home. | 是的,叛徒回家了。 |
[14:25] | Jeezaloo, I hate the sound of a kid on that thing. | 老天! 我恨孩子用那玩意弄出的声音。 |
[14:32] | I’m going to chop it into kindling and put a big vibrating chair right there. | 我要把这玩意剁碎了烧掉 然后在这放一个大的按摩椅。 |
[14:40] | Yeah, that’ll sound better. You bouncing around in a chair. | 是的,那听起来真不错。 然后你就能在椅子周围打球了。 |
[14:45] | -You want to watch the Jets? -No, thanks. | -想看电视吗? -不,谢谢。 |
[14:50] | Listen, Dad, when I was taking piano lessons as a kid… | 听着,爸爸,当我小时候 谈起钢琴课… |
[14:53] | how come you never, you know…. | 为什么你从不,你知道…. |
[14:57] | Killed myself? | 自杀? |
[15:05] | I was going to say “encouraged me.” | 我是说 “鼓励我.” |
[15:09] | Encouraged your piano lessons? Why the hell would I do that? | 鼓励你上钢琴课? 我见鬼的为什么要那么干? |
[15:15] | I don’t know. I heard some parents were into encouraging. | 我不知道。 我知道一些父母总是鼓励孩子。 |
[15:19] | You know? Maybe you could’ve been better about it. | 你知道? 也许你应该做得更好些。 |
[15:23] | What in the holy name of crap are you talking about? | 你在扯什么狗屁东东? |
[15:26] | Nothing. You always ragged me about practicing the piano… | 没什么。 你总嘲笑我练习钢琴… |
[15:30] | -and I think that’s maybe why I quit. -Good. | -我想也许那就是我为什么会放弃。 -很好。 |
[15:33] | Good? I don’t think so, Dad. | 很好? 我不这么认为,爸。 |
[15:37] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[15:39] | Are you saying I didn’t do my job by you? I did my job. | 你是说我没有尽到爸爸的责任吗? 我做了我该做的。 |
[15:42] | I got you away from that thing. I got you outside. | 我让你远离那鬼东西。 我让你踏出家门。 |
[15:46] | Who taught you how to hit, catch, throw? Who took you to Shea Stadium? | 是谁教你击打,接球,丢球? 是谁带你去的体育馆? |
[15:51] | And, hey, am I mistaken, or does somebody here make a decent living now… | 还有, 嗨, 我错了, 或者说某些人现在成了体面人… |
[15:55] | as a sportswriter? | 就像一个体育记者? |
[16:00] | No, I think what you meant to say was, “Thank you, Dad.” | 不, 我认为你的意思是, “谢谢你,爸.” |
[16:08] | I could have done music and sports. | 我可以同时拥有音乐和运动。 |
[16:10] | No, unless you want to play the organ at Shea. | 不, 除非你要在体育馆拉手风琴。 |
[16:15] | At least those songs are good. | 至少那些歌还算好听。 |
[16:19] | Hey, you sorry I didn’t take you to ballet class? | 嗨, 你难过是因为 我没有带你去上芭蕾舞课? |
[16:25] | Hey, I think I did all right by you. | 嗨, 对你我已经做得很好了。 |
[16:27] | All right? What did you do, Dad? Maybe I liked the piano, you know? | 好吗? 你做了什么, 爸? 也许我喜欢钢琴呢 ,你了解吗? |
[16:31] | Maybe I had potential or something. I don’t know. | 也许我有潜力或是什么, 我不知道。 |
[16:35] | Here, all right? | 这个,好吗? |
[16:46] | Catch the damn ball, you stinking hump. | 接住该死的球, 你这臭驼背! |
[16:54] | -Listen, Ma, I’m sorry. -No, I’m the one who’s sorry. | -听着, 妈, 对不起。 -不, 我才是要道歉的那个。 |
[17:01] | I shouldn’t have expected you to remember all those things. | 我不应该期望你记得 所有的东西。 |
[17:04] | I overreacted. You know, I have that. | 我反应过度。 你知道 我经常那样。 |
[17:08] | -The overreaction thing? -For years. | -反应过度? -对岁月。 |
[17:14] | It’s just that…. | 这只是…. |
[17:16] | What? | 什么? |
[17:20] | Sports is so stupid. | 运动简直太愚蠢了! |
[17:24] | Who would’ve ever dreamed that a child of mine would end up in sports? | 谁会做梦 希望自己的孩子结束在运动中? |
[17:28] | -l like sports. -l know, and you’re very good at it. | – 我喜欢运动。 – 我知道,而且很擅长。 |
[17:36] | You know what the amazing thing is? That I can function at all. | 你知道最不可思议的是什么吗? 我可以全情投入。 |
[17:41] | You know, when I was a girl, I loved the piano. | 你知道吗, 当我还是个小女孩的时候, 我非常喜欢钢琴。 |
[17:45] | And my mother wanted me to play, too. | 而且我的母亲也希望我弹。 |
[17:48] | But she had these ridiculous expectations for me. | 但是她对我有一堆荒谬可笑的期望。 |
[17:52] | And I always disappointed her. | 而我总是让她失望。 |
[17:55] | How? | 为什么? |
[17:56] | Fingers, short and stubby. | 手指, 又短又粗。 |
[18:00] | But then, the point is that I love music. | 但是,重点是我爱音乐。 |
[18:04] | And I wanted to impart some of that to Robbie and you. | 而且我希望可以把它传授给你和罗比。 |
[18:07] | Except that every time your brother sat down at the piano…. | 除了每一次 当你哥在钢琴坐下…. |
[18:11] | Nosebleeds, yeah. | 流鼻血, 没错。 |
[18:14] | I mean, a mother shouldn’t be disgusted, but…. | 我的意思是, 母亲不该是被讨厌的,但是…. |
[18:20] | But you, you had an ear. | 但是你,你有出色的听力。 |
[18:24] | -And fingers. -Yes. | – 还有手指。 – 是的。 |
[18:26] | -Well, I know why I quit. It was Dad. -No. | – 好吧,我知道我为什么会放弃。是爸。 – 不 |
[18:29] | It wasn’t your father, it was you. | 不是你爸, 是你。 |
[18:32] | Okay, your father… | 好吧, 你爸… |
[18:34] | his idea of culture is an undershirt with sleeves. | 他最艺术的想法 就是在汗衫上装上袖子。 |
[18:38] | But you were the one who lost interest in the piano, Raymond. | 但是是你对钢琴失去了兴趣 ,雷。 |
[18:41] | -No, I liked the piano. -No, you liked the idea of the piano. | -不, 我喜欢钢琴。 -不, 你只是喜欢那段回忆。 |
[18:49] | I liked the lessons. | 我喜欢上课. |
[18:54] | We had nice times. | 我们有美好的时光。 |
[18:57] | But you wanted to go with the other boys. | 但事实上你想和其他男孩去玩。 |
[18:59] | Running and punching and spitting. | 疯跑,打架,还有吐口水。 |
[19:03] | What could I do? I had to let you go. I didn’t want to be my mother. | 我能做什么呢? 只能让你去。 我不想像我妈一样。 |
[19:09] | Thanks, Ma. | 谢谢,妈。 |
[19:12] | Just know, you could’ve been something. | 只要知道, 你应该成为什么就够了。 |
[19:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢。 |
[19:30] | Just promise me that even if you don’t play, you’ll somehowhave music. | 答应我就算你不弹钢琴, 你也应该随时要有音乐。 |
[19:34] | It is so important to have music. | 音乐是那么重要。 |
[19:38] | Hey, any more pretzels or what? | 嗨,有脆饼干或是什么别的吗? |
[19:44] | You got legs? I’m not your damn slave girl. | 你不是有腿吗? 我不是你该死的的奴隶女孩。 |
[19:48] | Girl? | 女孩? |
[19:50] | -I’ll give you “ha.” -Ma. | -我应该给你个 “哈” 。 -妈。 |
[19:53] | So you want to try giving me a couple more lessons? | 你想试着 再给我上几节课吗? |
[19:56] | Why? You don’t have to do it for me, Raymond. | 为什么? 你不必为了我这么做, 雷。 |
[19:59] | I know. lt’s for Ally. | 我知道 ,但这是为了爱莉。 |
[20:03] | I want her to have music, too. | 我希望她也能拥有音乐。 |
[20:06] | -Raymond. -All right, okay. | -雷。 -太好了 ,好吧。 |
[20:11] | Raymond, you’re so sweet. | 雷, 你真是太好了。 |
[20:17] | Daddy, I got your pretzels. | 爸, 我帮你拿饼干。 |
[21:40] | So, Ally, what do you think? | 那么, 爱莉, 你觉得怎么样? |
[21:42] | Nice. | 很不错。 |
[21:43] | Who wants to play T-ball? | 有谁想去玩滚地球? |
[21:46] | Me. | 我。 |
[21:48] | Everybody, come on. | 大伙,走吧。 |
[22:00] | One, two…. | 一,二…. |
[22:08] | Nosebleed. | 流鼻血了。 |