时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I’m so sick of the same stories every night. | 每晚都要讲同一个故事真让人难受. |
[00:06] | I’m taking them out of the rotation. | 必须要改变这个习惯. |
[00:08] | Wait a minute. You finished cleaning up the kitchen already? | 你已经收拾完厨房了吗? |
[00:15] | -The thing is– -Debra… | 事实上… 黛博拉 |
[00:19] | they make sponges with the scrubby sides. | 海绵有点发硬了 |
[00:22] | Remind me. I’ll get you some. | 记得提醒我,我给你拿点过来 |
[00:26] | -l didn’t call her up. She just came over. -That’s very mature, Ray… | 我没有叫她过来,只是碰巧而已. 那可太巧了,雷… |
[00:29] | having your mother come over to do your chores for you. | 有你的妈妈替你作家务! |
[00:33] | -My mommy loves me. -Yeah. | 我妈爱我. 对. |
[00:36] | She probably thinks that’s women’s work and I’m just lazy. | 她会认为这应该是女人干的而我又太懒了. |
[00:39] | -Now I’ve got to go in there. -No, let her do it. | 看来还是我去作吧. 不,让她作吧. |
[00:42] | Don’t take away her reason to live. | 别拿走她生活的乐趣! |
[00:47] | That’s supposed to stop me? | 意思是必须拿走我的? |
[00:52] | Hi, I’m Ray, and I live here in Long lsland with my wife, Debra… | 嘿, 我是雷, 我和我妻子黛博拉 住在长岛 |
[00:57] | my 6-year-old daughter and twin 2-year-old boys. | 我们有一个6岁大女儿 和一对双胞胎儿子. |
[01:01] | My parents… | 还有我爸妈~~~ |
[01:04] | live across the street. That’s right. | 他们就住在我们对面. 没错~ |
[01:08] | And my brother lives with them. | 我哥哥和他们一起住 |
[01:10] | Now, not every family would defy gravity for you… | 并不是每个家庭都会围着你转 |
[01:13] | but mine would because– | 但是我们家会 因为―――― |
[01:15] | Everybody loves Raymond. | 大家都喜欢雷. |
[01:17] | Hey, you didn’t…. | 嘿,你不是…. |
[01:24] | You know, every night, for five years… | 你知道么,五年来,每个晚上… |
[01:28] | Little Engine that Could, Goodnight Moon, Cat in the Hat. | 小火车的故事\N晚安月亮,礼帽中的小猫。 |
[01:32] | -I’m sick of them. -They’re not for you. | -我烦死他们了。\N-他们不是给你的。 |
[01:36] | All right? | 行么? |
[01:38] | What do you want to read the kids? Jackie Collins? | 那你要读点什么给孩子们听?杰姬・科林斯? (世界年收入第二的作家,著有《好莱坞离婚》等成人书籍) |
[01:43] | No. I was just thinking, you know, maybe I could do that. | 不是,我只是在想,你知道\N说不定我也可以做那个。 |
[01:46] | -Maybe I could write a children’s book. -Yeah? | -或许我也能写点儿童读物。\N-哦? |
[01:49] | -Yeah. You think? -Yeah. lt’s great. | -恩,你说呢?\N-那很好啊。 |
[01:53] | Looking for something to do? | 找点事情做做不错。 |
[01:57] | I have things to do, Ray. | 我有事情做,雷。 |
[02:03] | I was looking for something, you know, creative. | 我在寻找一些东西,类似于创作一类的. |
[02:06] | I’ve got some ideas, I could use my experiences. I know what kids like. | 我有些好的主意,我可以运用我的经验, 我知道孩子们喜欢什么. |
[02:12] | Debra, sweetheart, settle a bet. | 黛博拉,亲爱的,打个赌. |
[02:15] | isthis container microwavable? | 这个容器能不能在微波炉里使用. |
[02:19] | -No, Frank. -l told you that wasn’t the sauce. | 不能,弗兰克 我告诉过你那不是沙司. |
[02:23] | You’re eating melted plastic. | 你正在吃融化的塑料. |
[02:29] | Everything is better with cheese on it. | 有奶酪会更好吃些. |
[02:33] | -So what do you think about this book idea? -Yeah, it’s a great idea. | -那么关于这个写书的点子你怎么想?\N-恩,是个好主意。 |
[02:37] | -lf you need any help, you let me know. -That’s what I was thinking. | -如果你需要任何帮助,告诉我。\N-那正是我要说的。 |
[02:41] | -What? -You could help me. | -什么?\N-你可以帮忙啊。 |
[02:42] | -We could write it together. -Wait a minute. | -我们可以一起写作。\N-等等。 |
[02:45] | Come on. You just said, if you need any help– | 少来,你才说过\N如果你需要任何帮助– |
[02:47] | You didn’t let me finish. By help, I meant that when you’re done… | 你没让我说完呢还。\N所谓帮助,意思是当你写完的时候… |
[02:52] | I would read it and tell you it’s very good. | 我读一遍然后告诉你写的不错。 |
[02:56] | Come on. I want to do this with you. Wouldn’t this be so much fun… | 别这样,我要跟你一起做。\N有什么会比这个… |
[03:00] | to spend time together like this? | 像这样花时间在一起更开心呢? |
[03:02] | No. | 不。 |
[03:04] | Writing is what I do for a living. I don’t want to spend my free time writing. | 写作只是我谋生的手段\N我可不想用我的业余时间写作。 |
[03:07] | -But you love writing. -No. | -但是你喜欢写作啊。\N-不。 |
[03:12] | -lt’s torture. lt’s excruciating. -Yeah, but I already have an idea. | -很痛苦的,很折磨人的。\N-是的,但是我已经有了一些构思了。 |
[03:16] | I just need you to help me flesh it out, you know? | 我只是需要你帮我\N润色加工一下,你明白? |
[03:19] | Because you are such a good writer, Ray. I respect your talent so much. | 因为你可是个好作家啊。雷。\N我非常敬重你的才能。 |
[03:23] | Don’t even start with that, unless you’re willing to back it up with sex. | 想都不要想这事。\N除非你能退而求次的乐于跟我上床什么的。 |
[03:28] | Don’t talk about sex. We’re here. | 别再谈床上的事了,我们在这儿。 |
[03:32] | We’re not. Debra’s thinking of writing a book. | 我们没谈。\N黛布拉想写一本书。 |
[03:35] | -A sex book? -No. A children’s book. | -性爱手册?\N-不,一本儿童读物。 |
[03:40] | -l was just thinking of trying it. -l have a wonderful story for you, Debra. | 我只是想试试看。\N-我有一个极好的故事给你,黛布拉。 |
[03:45] | When Robert was 1 0, he was in Little League. | 罗伯特10岁的时候,\N他在一个小棒球队里面。 |
[03:48] | And before one of his games, I asked if he had to go to the bathroom. | 一次在他比赛前,\N我让他一定要去一趟洗手间。 |
[03:51] | And he said no. So it’s his turn with the bat… | 而他说不。\N所以在轮到他上场击球的时候… |
[03:55] | and sure enough, he wets his pants. | 结果他果真尿湿了他的裤子。 |
[04:02] | Isn’t that charming? | 这不吸引人么? |
[04:09] | isthis about me? | 是在说我? |
[04:12] | Your mother was just telling the story of how you wet your pants at home plate. | 你妈妈刚刚说了一个\N你如何在公园里尿湿裤子的故事。 |
[04:16] | -Ma. -lt’s for Debra’s children’s book. | -妈。\N-这是说给黛布拉的儿童书籍的。 |
[04:20] | -lt’s gonna be in a book? -No, Marie. | -这事要上一本书?\N-不,玛丽。 |
[04:22] | Marie, please, I don’t think I’m gonna use the story. | 玛丽,谢谢,我不认为\N我会用到这个故事。 |
[04:25] | That’s my story. You can’t use it. I have the rights to that story. | 这是我的故事,你不能用这个。\N我有这个故事的版权。 |
[04:28] | -Robert, I’m not using the story. -Why not? lt’s an important story. | -罗伯特,我不会用这个故事的。\N-为什么不用?这是一个很重要的故事。 |
[04:33] | It has a moral about how kids shouldn’t tease other kids… | 这是一个道德观念关于如何让孩子不为某事而取笑其他孩子… |
[04:36] | and how you should listen to your mother and not hold it. | 还有如何应该听从妈妈的劝告\N还有一个坚持(不要尿裤子)的问题。 |
[04:42] | I tell you what. Whatever you do, I’ll do the pictures for it. | 我这么告诉你\N无论你写什么,我都会给你做插图。 |
[04:45] | -Pictures? -I’ve dabbled in the visual arts. | -插图?\N-我对视觉艺术有些许涉猎。 |
[04:49] | I’ve painted some bullfighters, some nudes. | 我画过一些斗牛士,人体艺术。 |
[04:54] | You painted naked ladies off a deck of dirty cards. | 你从黄色纸牌上临摹裸体女人。 |
[04:58] | I had to. After Robert was born, you stopped posing for me. | 我没办法,自从罗伯特出世以后\N你就不给我做模特了。 |
[05:02] | -Frank. -What? | -法兰克。\N-什么? |
[05:07] | Okay, I have to gouge out my eyes. | 好了,我要去挖出我的眼珠子。 |
[05:11] | You can’t gouge out your mind’s eye. | 可你不能挖出你的心灵之眼。 |
[05:14] | So, do you want me to bring over my portfolio? | 那么,你要利用一下我的专长么? |
[05:17] | I’m gonna be concentrating on the story. | 不,我要全力贯注于故事情节上。 |
[05:19] | You know, Debra, I got a great story for you. lt’s about a tall crime fighter. | 你知道么?黛布拉,我有个好故事给你\N是关于一个高大的犯罪克星的。 |
[05:25] | -Does he live with his parents? -Could. | -他是我们家的么?\N-应该是。 |
[05:29] | No, I have another story for you, dear. We’re on a long car ride… | 不,我还有一个故事给你。亲爱的。\N我们乘坐公交车… |
[05:34] | -and before we leave, I warn Robert– -Ma! | -在我们下车前,我警告罗伯特–\N-妈! |
[05:38] | Look, Mom, Dad, everybody… | 这样,妈,爸,所有人… |
[05:40] | Debra’s already got somebody who’s gonna help her. Me. | 黛布拉已经决定了某人\N帮他构思了,我。 |
[05:43] | Really? | 真的? |
[05:45] | Yeah. lt’ll be fun, okay? So thanks anyway. Thank you. | 是啊,会好玩的,是不是?\N不管怎么样谢谢了,谢谢你们。 |
[05:51] | Raymond, if you’re gonna use the baseball story, at least put in… | 雷蒙,如果你要用\N篮球那段故事,至少要加进.. |
[05:55] | -l was the one who scored the winning run. -Nobody wanted to tag you. | -我是那个为了胜利而奔跑刮伤的人。\N-根本没人追着你。 |
[06:05] | Ray, I am so excited. Come on, hurry up. | 雷,我太兴奋了。来吧,快点。 |
[06:09] | -We’ve got to fire up the computer. -Don’t hurt yourself. | -我们要把电脑点一把火。\N-别伤着自个儿。 |
[06:13] | -Okay– -You’re in my chair. | -好–\N-你坐了我的椅子。 |
[06:16] | Sorry. Here. You sit, and…. Here. | 对不起,这儿,你坐,那么,….在这儿。 |
[06:24] | This is so great, honey. All right. | 这太棒了,亲爱的。好吧。 |
[06:32] | -What are you doing? -Getting ready. | -你在做什么?\N-作准备。 |
[06:34] | -l play a little Galactic Defender first. -What about the story? | -我先玩会儿银河守卫者\N-那么故事怎么办? |
[06:38] | ln a minute. I just got to save the planet Krimulac. | 等一会儿。\N我去拯救一下克里米亚行星。 |
[06:50] | Are you almost ready? Because I have all these ideas. | 你快准备好了么?\N因为我有很多想法。 |
[06:52] | One second. | 一秒钟。 |
[06:54] | I got you, you ugly green bastard. | 搞定你了,你这个婊子养的丑绿毛怪。 |
[06:57] | Okay. Great. Now here’s my idea. | 好,太好了。这儿是我的点子。 |
[07:02] | -l was thinking– -Hold it. | -我在想。–\N-等一下。 |
[07:05] | -What is that? -l like to squeeze this 1 2 times. | -那是干么?\N-我要挤压这个一两次。 |
[07:09] | -Why? -You’ve got to respect the process. | -为啥?\N-你必须尊重过程。 |
[07:11] | Gets the juices going. | 让你的汁液流淌。 |
[07:16] | -You got enough juice there? -Yeah. | -你那儿汁液淌够了没?\N-好了。 |
[07:18] | Okay. So, here’s what I was thinking. | 好,那么,这是我如何想的。 |
[07:23] | Do you remember that time… | 你还记得那次么… |
[07:25] | when Ally wanted to run away from home… | 艾丽要离家出走那次… |
[07:29] | and we let her pack her suitcase with all her toys and her clothes? | 而我们任她去打包\N她所有的玩具和衣服在手提箱里? |
[07:32] | -Yeah. -Yeah? | -记得。\N-哦? |
[07:34] | Then she started talking about each thing and where she got it, who gave it to her. | 然后她开始跟每一件东西交谈\N她从那儿得来的,谁送给她的。 |
[07:38] | Yes. And by the time she was done packing… | 是的,过了些时候\N她整理完了… |
[07:40] | she’d forgotten she wanted to run away from home. | 她忘记了\N她要离家出走了。 |
[07:43] | Right, because of all the good memories in the stuff. | 是的,因为那些东西里面有美好的回忆。 |
[07:46] | Yeah. | 是。 |
[07:48] | -l like that idea. I really do. -You do? Good. | -我喜欢这个点子,我真的喜欢。\N-你喜欢么?太好了。 |
[07:50] | -All right. That’s good. -Where are you going? | -好吧,那很好。\N-你要去哪儿? |
[07:53] | -The bathroom. -We just got started. | -洗手间。\N-我们才开始呢。 |
[07:55] | I know, but when a good idea hits, I have to go to the bathroom. | 我知道,但是每当有一个好点子时\N我就不得不去一趟洗手间。 |
[07:58] | Come on, Ray, we’re on a roll here. Don’t break the momentum. Please? | 过来,雷,我们刚有点起色\N别坏了气氛,行么? |
[08:02] | All right. You know, it’s not good to hold it. | 好吧,你知道,憋着是不好的。 |
[08:06] | Yeah. | 恩。 |
[08:13] | I was thinking, we make the main character a bunny. | 我刚想过。\N我们的用一个兔子作主角。 |
[08:16] | -This little– -Bunny? | -一个小–\N-兔子? |
[08:18] | -Why, what’s wrong with a bunny? -Hasn’t the bunny thing been done, really? | -怎么了?兔子有什么不好?\N-兔子你觉得妥当?真的? |
[08:24] | -What did you have in mind? -Nothing. | -你有什么想法么?\N-没有。 |
[08:27] | No. Go ahead, tell me. if you got something better, I want to know. | 不,继续说,告诉我\N如果你知道更好的,我想知道。 |
[08:31] | Okay. | 好。 |
[08:34] | How about a dinosaur? | 恐龙怎么样? |
[08:38] | -Dinosaur? -What? | -恐龙?\N-怎么了? |
[08:41] | I don’t know. I just think that’s a little trendy. | 我不知道。\N我只是觉得有点太新潮了。 |
[08:46] | -Well, bunny’s hack. -Hack? | -兔子也太土了\N-土? |
[08:51] | -You’re calling me a hack? -I’m not calling you a hack. | -你说我土?\N-我没说你土。 |
[08:53] | -Your bunny’s a hack. -No. The bunny is classic, Ray. | -你的兔子土。\N-不,那叫作经典,雷。 |
[08:57] | It’s the dinosaur that has been done to death. | 你说的恐龙\N那些都死光了。 |
[08:59] | Look, it doesn’t have to be the dinosaur. I just hate the bunny. | 瞧,不是非要用恐龙的。\N我只是讨厌兔子。 |
[09:04] | You’ve got nothing, sweetie, so it’s gonna be a bunny, okay? | 我们没其他的,亲爱的。\N所以就用兔子,好么? |
[09:08] | -Take my name off it. -Off of what? We haven’t even started yet. | -那就别算上我了。\N-算你什么啊?我们甚至还没有开始呢。 |
[09:12] | We spent the whole time going through your satanic rituals. | 我们花了全部时间\N去进行你的恶魔典礼。 |
[09:15] | That’s how I work. | 我就是这样工作的。 |
[09:16] | Let me know when you’re goofing off, okay? | 当你吊儿郎当的时候请让我知道,好么? |
[09:19] | My “goofing off” supports this household. | 我的”吊儿郎当” 可是支撑这个家的生活啊。 |
[09:22] | And what I do doesn’t support the household? | 那我做啥了?\N不算支撑这个家? |
[09:25] | -I’m just saying I get paid for what I do. -And I’m just dead weight? | -我只是说我这么做是有钱赚的\N-而我就只是为了减肥? |
[09:29] | No, but you asked me to help, and this is how I help. | 不,但是你要我帮你写书,\N这就是我在帮你的方式啊。 |
[09:31] | You know what, Ray? I don’t want your help. | 你知道么,雷\N现在我不要你帮了。 |
[09:34] | Good. ‘Cause I didn’t wanna help in the first place. | 好极了。因为我本来就不想帮。 |
[09:37] | Good. So everybody’s happy. | 好极了,这下大家都高兴了。 |
[09:40] | Good. | 很好。 |
[10:00] | Hi. | 嗨。 |
[10:04] | -Sorry I’m late. -Yeah. | -对不起,我迟了。\N-恩。 |
[10:15] | -You’re working on your thing? -Yes. | -你还在干你的事情?\N-是的。 |
[10:20] | I was wondering… | 我想问问… |
[10:22] | are we still fighting? | 我们还在吵架么? |
[10:26] | -What? No. -Good. | -什么?不。\N-好极了。 |
[10:31] | I almost bought flowers. | 我差点买花回来。 |
[11:09] | So, how was your day? | 那么,今天怎么样? |
[11:14] | I can’t do this. It was such a stupid idea. | 我做不了这个,真是个笨想法。 |
[11:17] | Me trying to write a book. | 我试图写一本书。 |
[11:20] | Look, it just takes time, that’s all. Come on. Look. | 瞧,只要放松点,就行了。\N别这样,看。 |
[11:24] | There must be something good in here someplace– | 那儿一定有些不错的地方– |
[11:26] | No. Not one word. I just hate this freaking bunny! | 不,一个字都没有\N我恨死这个变态的兔子了! |
[11:32] | Come on. You don’t hate the bunny. The bunny’s good. | 别这样,你才没有怨恨兔子呢。\N兔子不错的。 |
[11:35] | Hate him, Ray. I would want to run away, too… | 恨,雷。\N我也要失控了我… |
[11:38] | if I was stuck in a piece of crap like that. | 如果我也沾着一块破玩意儿像那个。 |
[11:47] | I don’t know how you do it. Every day, writing? | 我不知道你怎么做到的\N每天,写作? |
[11:53] | It’s hell. | 这是地狱。 |
[11:58] | Yeah. | 是。 |
[12:02] | I try not to bring it home. | 我都试着不带回家里来。 |
[12:05] | Guess you’ve gotten a little peek there. | 猜你也去偷偷看过那儿。 |
[12:07] | I mean, it’s not all hanging out at the games with the guys and the hot dogs… | 我的意思是,也不是所有的时候\N都跟几个家伙拿着热狗挂在比赛上… |
[12:12] | and the make-your-own sundaes. | 还有自己做圣代什么的。 |
[12:19] | Well, I suck. Good night. | 好了,我很烂,晚安。 |
[12:24] | You know, it’s not easy for anybody. | 你知道的,不是每个人都能做的。 |
[12:27] | Come on, in the beginning… | 别这样,一开始… |
[12:29] | I remember when I was just a beat writer covering the local high-school games. | 我记得当我还只是一个只覆盖\N本地高中联赛的区域写手的时候。 |
[12:34] | I was obviously pretty talented, but I was just… | 我显然是很有才能的。\N但我只是… |
[12:38] | a diamond in the rough, really. | 一颗天然金刚石,真的。 |
[12:47] | We’ll pick up on this tomorrow, all right? | 我们明天再讨论,行么? |
[12:52] | Remind me where I was. | 提醒我说到哪儿了。 |
[13:37] | Still the man. | 还是我厉害。 |
[13:43] | -Morning, everybody. -Hey. | -早上好,各位\N-嗨。 |
[13:45] | -Good morning. -Hey. | -早上好。\N-嗨。 |
[13:46] | What were you doing up so late? I looked at the clock. It was 4:30. | 为什么你上去那么迟?\N我看了看时间,那时候已经早晨4:30。 |
[13:52] | What’s this? Oh, my gosh. This is the story. | 这是什么?哦,我的天,这是个故事。 |
[14:00] | You did the whole thing. | 你写了整整一篇。 |
[14:02] | I felt bad ’cause you got stuck, so I rearranged a couple of things. | 我因为你难受也不好过\N所以我重新排列了几个段落。 |
[14:05] | I ironed out some of the rough spots, that’s all. | 修饰了一些粗糙的细节。\N就这样。 |
[14:07] | Look, I went with the bunny. You were right. | 瞧,我写了兔子,你是对的。 |
[14:12] | The bunny’s good. The bunny’s classic. Kids love the bunny. | 兔子很好。很经典\N孩子们喜欢兔子。 |
[14:15] | -Yeah. Okay. Thanks. -You’re welcome. | -好,谢谢。\N-不客气。 |
[14:21] | All right. I’m gonna grab some sleep. Enjoy. | 好了,我要争取点睡眠。你慢慢看。 |
[14:30] | Winky? | 云基?(跟bunny兔子一样,Mr Winky是美国家喻户晓的卡通人物,) |
[14:33] | He named the bunny Winky. | 他名字是兔子云基。 |
[14:40] | Hey, guess who I talked to today. Gerry Ashley. | 嗨,猜我今天跟谁聊天了。\N杰理.艾斯里。 |
[14:44] | -Who’s that? -That’s my publisher friend. | -那是谁?\N-我出版界的朋友。 |
[14:47] | -He’s gonna look at the book tomorrow. -Honey, it’s not quite done yet. | -我打算明天看看写的书。\N-亲爱的,还没有写完呢。 |
[14:50] | What are you talking about? I finished it. | 你在说什么?我已经完成了。 |
[14:53] | Yeah, well, I mean, you know, your version had some good stuff in it… | 我的意思是。\N你写的那套还是很不错的… |
[14:57] | but it wasn’t quite there yet, you know? | 但是就是还没完成,你知道么? |
[15:03] | -You’re rewriting me? -No. | -你修改过了?\N-不 |
[15:07] | It was just minor, you know? Minor tweaks. | 只做了点修补,你知道的, 必要的补充。. |
[15:13] | -You made it rhyme. -Yeah. Kids love rhymes. | -你把句子都改押韵了。\N-是啊,孩子们喜欢押韵。 |
[15:17] | And it came really easy to me. | 而这对我真的很简单。 |
[15:20] | The bunny hopped here. The bunny hopped there. | 兔子想到这儿\N兔子想到那儿。 |
[15:22] | “The bunny hop-hopped to the top of the square.” | “兔子蹦蹦跳跳的\N从这里到了那儿。” |
[15:27] | What? | 怎么了? |
[15:30] | Isn’t that a little cutesy? | 不觉得有点做作? |
[15:33] | Cutesy? | 做作? |
[15:35] | You’re the one that named your bunny Winky. | 你是那个起个名字叫兔子云基的人。 |
[15:40] | Hey, I didn’t even want the bunny. I went with the bunny for you, okay? | 嗨,我根本都不要兔子。\N我加上兔子是为了你,知道么? |
[15:43] | And as long as I’m stuck with a bunny, Winky’s a perfect name for a bunny. | 而我往往被兔子弄得无法写下去。\N云基兔子是个完美的名字。 |
[15:47] | -lt’s not better than Clive. -Clive? | -比不过克莱夫.\N-克莱夫? |
[15:53] | What, are you from Piccadilly? | 怎么,你从皮克比力来?(Piccadilly是伦敦著名的街道) |
[15:57] | “Hello, I’m Clive. I’m happy to be alive.” | “你好,我是克莱夫,我活的很幸福。” |
[16:03] | First of all, that is the worst British accent I have ever heard, all right? | 首先,那是个错误的英国口音\N我从来没听过,好么? |
[16:07] | Second of all, stay away from my story. | 其次是,离我的故事远点。 |
[16:10] | I saved your story. You had nothing. I made it into something. | 我拯救了你的故事,你什么也想不出来\N我构思了东西进去。 |
[16:13] | -Who asked you? -You did. | -谁让你干的?\N-你呀。 |
[16:15] | No. I asked you to do it with me, not for you to do it. | 不,我让你陪我一起写。\N不是让你自己去写。 |
[16:21] | I’ll tell you what I’m not doing. I’m not showing Clive to Gerry Ashley. | 我告诉你我不想干的事情。\N我不想把这个克莱夫给杰里.艾斯里看。 |
[16:26] | Okay, fine. Just forget about your big-shot publisher friend. | 可以,好啊,忘掉\N你那个出版大亨朋友吧。 |
[16:29] | -Let’s ask Ally which one she likes best. -Fine. Wake her up. | -让我们问问艾丽喜欢最哪个\N-很好,叫醒她吧。 |
[16:32] | No, we’re not gonna wake her up. | 不,我们不能叫醒她。 |
[16:34] | We’ll read it to her over the next couple of days. | 过几天我们读给她听。 |
[16:37] | I’ll read her Clive, and you can read her Winky. | 我给她读克莱夫,\N你可以给她读云基。 |
[16:39] | -Yeah, good. You’re on. You man enough? -Yes, I’m man enough. | -好,好得很,就按你说的办,你准备好了?\N-是,我准备好了。 |
[16:43] | Good. ‘Cause Clive’s going down. | 好极了,因为克莱夫就要被打败了。 |
[16:51] | And Winky was glad to be home… | 而云基很高兴回家了.. |
[16:55] | “even though she had never really left.” | “尽管它从来没有真的离开过” |
[17:01] | The end. | 剧终。 |
[17:11] | -So, how do you like that story? -lt was good. | -那么,你喜欢这个故事么?\N-很喜欢。 |
[17:14] | Yeah? | 是么? |
[17:17] | So, between that story and the one that Mommy read you last night… | 那么,和你妈妈昨天晚上的故事\N比较起来… |
[17:23] | which one did you like better? | 哪一个你更喜欢呢? |
[17:29] | -Better? -Yeah, between Clive and Winky? | -更喜欢?\N-是的,在克莱夫和云基之间比较的话。 |
[17:33] | -Winky. -Yeah? Why? | -云基。\N-是么,为什么? |
[17:38] | -Winky was funny. -How about that? | -云基很好玩。\N-看到了没有? |
[17:44] | And you like Winky the best? | 而你最喜欢云基? |
[17:49] | I love you. | 我爱你。 |
[17:56] | -And you like the name Winky, right? -Yes. | -而你也喜欢云基这个名字?\N-是的。 |
[18:08] | -Hey. -You done already? | -嗨。\N-你已经做完了? |
[18:12] | -Yeah. -Yeah? Well, is there a decision? | -完了。\N-哦?好,结果是什么? |
[18:15] | Yeah. | 嗯。 |
[18:20] | Well? | 那么? |
[18:26] | She picked yours. | 她选了你的。 |
[18:29] | -Really? -Yeah. Clive. Clive all the way. | -真的?\N-是啊,克莱夫,总归是克莱夫 |
[18:36] | -No kidding. -Yep. | -没开玩笑。\N-是的。 |
[18:37] | -She liked mine better? -Yep. | -她比较喜欢我的?\N-是的 |
[18:38] | Why are you lying to me? | 为什么要对我撒谎? |
[18:43] | -What? -You’re lying to me. | -什么?\N-你在对我撒谎。 |
[18:45] | -You got that from “yep”? -No. I listened outside of Ally’s door. | -你从”是的”里面就能听出来?\N-不,我在艾丽门外听到的。 |
[18:50] | -Why would you do that? -Because I knew you would lie to me. | -你干么做这种事?\N-因为我就知道你会对我撒谎。 |
[18:53] | -Yeah, I lied, but the nice way. -l don’t need you to protect my feelings. | -是,我撒谎了,但是善意的。\N-我不需要你顾及我的感受。 |
[18:58] | Don’t you think I can handle it that I write a children’s story… | 你认为我不能接受这个么?\N我写的儿童读物… |
[19:01] | -and my own daughter doesn’t like it? -Of course you can. | -而我的亲生女儿都不喜欢?\N-你当然能接受。 |
[19:04] | Yeah. First, you win, then you rob me of the opportunity to lose with dignity. | 是,首先,你赢了,然后你又在不恰当的时机\N洗劫了我的尊严。 |
[19:08] | I think you lost that when you listened at the door. | 我想你是在门后偷听的时候\N失去这个的。 |
[19:11] | Fine, Ray. You know, I try to do something to make me feel better about myself… | 好吧,雷,你知道,我试图做点什么\N让我自己感觉好点… |
[19:15] | and I end up making you feel better about yourself. | 而最后我却做了事情\N让你自己感觉好点。 |
[19:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[19:22] | Look. Come on. You should feel better about yourself. | 别这样。\N你应该感觉好点。 |
[19:25] | You came up with the whole idea for the story. | 你带来了这个故事的整个构思。 |
[19:27] | I just found a way to make it work, that’s all. | 我只是负责让它写出来,就这样。 |
[19:30] | Great, so I’m just the idea person. You’re the guy that can make it all happen. | 好极了,我只是个说故事的。\N你却是个好编剧。 |
[19:34] | Sometimes I’m just the idea person. Right? Like with raising the kids. | 有时候我也只是个说事情的人。对么?\N比如说养育孩子们。 |
[19:38] | I think they should eat. You know how to feed them. Right? | 我觉得他们要吃饭。\N你却知道怎么去喂他们,我对么? |
[19:44] | I think they shouldn’t be naked. You know what to do there, too. Right? | 我觉得他们不能一丝不挂。\N而你也知道怎么让他们穿上衣服,是不是? |
[19:49] | If it was up to me, they’d be eating cereal every day and wearing the boxes. | 如果是我来做,他们可能每天在吃糠\N而且还穿着纸盒子。 |
[19:55] | So, great. I’m a good mother. I knew that. | 好,太棒了,我是一个好妈妈,我已经知道了。 |
[19:58] | I wanted to do something else. | 我只是想做一些其它的事情。 |
[20:02] | You did. | 你做过了。 |
[20:03] | You wanted to write a children’s book, and you wrote one. | 你想写孩子们看的书\N而且你还写了一本。 |
[20:06] | -Yeah, the loser one. -No. There’s no losing. | -嗯,被打败的一本\N-不,没有失败。 |
[20:10] | There wouldn’t be this stupid competition if you hadn’t asked me for help. | 这里原本就不应该有这可笑的竞争。\N如果你没有让我帮你的话。 |
[20:14] | You know what ruined it for you? Me. | 你知道什么打乱了你么?我。 |
[20:18] | -That’s true. -Yeah. It is. | -这倒是真的。\N-是的,就是。 |
[20:22] | You could have done this on your own. And I think I remember asking you… | 你应该自己完成的。\N而我想我记起来提醒过你… |
[20:25] | not to include me five days ago, remember? | 不要算上我在5天前,记得么? |
[20:31] | -When you didn’t hate me? -Yeah, that’s true, too. | -当你还不讨厌我的时候?\N-嗯,这也是实话。 |
[20:36] | So I guess if I want to get something accomplished… | 那么我猜\N如果我想要完成某件事情的时候… |
[20:39] | I should just stay away from you. | 我只需要离你尽量远点。 |
[20:46] | -There you go. -Yeah. | -你明白了。\N-是的。 |
[20:48] | ‘Cause, like, what was I thinking, asking you to help me? | 因为,像是,我为什么要这么想\N求你来帮我? |
[20:51] | -That’s exactly right. -Yeah. Because I do like my story better. | -这是非常正确的。\N-是的,因为我写的故事更好。 |
[20:55] | -You should. lt’s good. -Yeah, but who cares what you think? | -你是更好,我想是。\N-嗯,但是我干么管你怎么想。 |
[21:00] | Ally probably only liked your story better because it’s the last one that she heard. | 而艾丽或许认为你的故事好\N是因为她稍后才听到你的故事而已。 |
[21:07] | -l don’t know about that. -Come on. | -这我就不知道了。\N-少来了你。 |
[21:10] | I mean, you were really selling your version. | 我是说,你确实投入的贩卖你的版本了。 |
[21:12] | You were, like, making all the goofy faces, weren’t you? | 你就像是\N做了所有的鬼脸的傻瓜一样取悦她,是不是? |
[21:16] | -You were outside the door. -And were you hopping like a bunny, too? | -你在门口的。\N-你还学兔子跳了,不是么? |
[21:21] | It served the story. | 这是情节需要。 |
[21:30] | Winky doesn’t hop like a drunk. | 云基跳起来可不像你这么….醉。 |
[21:43] | Hello, Clive. | 你好,克莱夫。 |
[21:47] | Spot of ice cream? | 吃点冰淇淋?(英国口音) |
[21:50] | You know, that’s not an accent, Ray. That’s a speech impediment. | 你知道么?那可不是这种口音,雷。 这是语言障碍者的发音。 |
[21:55] | Hey, Raymond. Thought I’d better warn you. | 嗨,雷蒙,我想最好还是警告你。 |
[21:57] | Dad’s on his way over with his favorite portrait. | 爸要过来这儿。\N带着他喜欢的肖像画。 |
[21:59] | -Oh, no. Mom? -Hey, everybody. | -哦,不,妈妈的?(画)\N-嗨,大家好。 |
[22:02] | So you don’t think your old man’s a painter? | 那么你不认为你家老头是个画家? |
[22:05] | -Dad. -Look at this. | -爸。\N-瞧瞧这个。 |
[22:07] | The greatest bullfighter of all time. El Cordobes. | 全世界最伟大的斗牛士…\N艾尔,库达贝斯。 |
[22:13] | I found him on the back of a king of spades. | 我在那把国王的铁锹后面找到的。 |
[22:16] | -That’s really good, Frank. -Yeah. | -画得真不错,法兰克\N-是啊。 |
[22:19] | And here’s one of your mother. | 这儿还有一张你妈的。 |