时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – Hi, I’m home. – Hey. | -嗨,我回来了 -嗨 |
[00:05] | How was dinner with the girls? | 跟女孩们一起吃晚饭开心吗? |
[00:08] | – Yeah, it was– – Anybody look fat? | -是啊,还可以…… -有人发福了吗? |
[00:13] | What? I thought you liked that. | 怎么了?我以为你喜欢谈这个 |
[00:17] | You know, Ray. Ever since the kids were born | 知道吗,雷 自从孩子出生后, |
[00:20] | I’ve been just stuck in this house. | 我就被困在这所房子里了 |
[00:22] | I feel like I’m missing out. I need a change. | 我觉得我快要跟不上时代了 我需要一些改变 |
[00:26] | You’re leaving me? | 你要离开我了? |
[00:29] | Eventually. But, anyway… | 迟早会的。不过现在嘛…… |
[00:32] | the girls were talking about | 她们都在谈论 |
[00:35] | all these exciting things they’re doing, you know? | 工作上那些令人兴奋的事 |
[00:38] | Gayle’s biking through Thailand. Amy got a promotion. | 盖尔骑车穿越了泰国, 艾米升职了 |
[00:41] | Linda’s getting her master’s degree. | 琳达考取了硕士 |
[00:43] | Like, all I could talk about is, | 但我能说的却只有, |
[00:45] | “The twins can pronounce their S’s now and–“ | “双胞胎现在能发S的音了……” |
[00:48] | Ray! | 雷! |
[00:51] | What? Yeah. | 怎么了? |
[00:53] | You had Thai food and Linda’s playing in the Master’s. | 你吃了泰国菜,琳达玩了游戏 |
[00:58] | Would you turn that off? | 你就不能关掉吗? |
[01:14] | The remote’s broken. | 遥控器坏了 |
[01:20] | I think I might go back to work. | 我觉得我该回去工作 |
[01:22] | What? | 什么? |
[01:25] | Where’s this coming from? | 你怎么会这么想的? |
[01:27] | This is what I’ve been trying to tell you. | 我刚才跟你说的就是这个 |
[01:29] | Just part-time in PR, like I use to do. | 只不过在PR里做兼职 跟我以前一样 |
[01:31] | Amy said she’s always hearing about openings. | 艾米说他们一直缺人 |
[01:34] | You wanna work? | 你想去工作? |
[01:36] | Sounds even better when you say it. | 你说出来更中听 |
[01:38] | I’m not saying it, I’m asking. | 我不是在说,我是在问你 |
[01:41] | Yes, I actually want to get out and do something. | 是的,我很想走出去,做点事情 |
[01:44] | – What about– – The house will be fine. | -那这里…… -这里会很好 |
[01:48] | Well, how about– | 那么那些…… |
[01:50] | The twins are in preschool five days a week. | 双胞胎1周有5天呆在学前班 |
[01:53] | And you did great tonight. Everybody’s asleep. House looks great. | 而且你料理得也不错啊 孩子们都睡着了,房子看起来很整齐 |
[01:56] | No, I didn’t do great. | 不,不是我做的 |
[01:58] | My mother cleaned up. The kids aren’t even home. | 是我妈打扫的,孩子们甚至都不在家里 |
[02:01] | They’re at a racetrack. | 他们在跑道上 |
[02:09] | Uh, we got milk, ginger ale | 呃,有牛奶,姜汁汽水 |
[02:12] | and something pink. | 还有种粉红色的玩意 |
[02:16] | Pink, please. | 粉红色的,谢谢 |
[02:23] | What? | 什么? |
[02:25] | I sense a great disturbance in the force. | 我感觉到了一股强大的骚动 |
[02:30] | Hello, dear! | 你好啊,亲爱的 |
[02:38] | You gotta teach me how you do that? | 你得教教我,是怎么做到的 |
[02:42] | I made some ravioli for the kids. | 我给孩子们做了点馄饨 |
[02:44] | They look so skinny compared to the other children. | 他们看起来比别的孩子瘦多了 |
[02:48] | Oh my God! I have to iron! | 噢我的天哪,我还得熨衣服 |
[02:51] | Don’t panic, dear. I’ll walk you through it. | 别慌,亲爱的 我送你出去 |
[02:57] | What are you doing? | 你要去干嘛? |
[02:58] | I’ve gotta iron my blouse for my interview. | 我要熨面试用的衬衣 |
[03:01] | Oh, you’re finally interviewing | 噢,你终于决定面试, |
[03:03] | cleaning services. | 清洁工了 |
[03:05] | No, Marie. I’ve decided to look for a job. | 不是的,玛丽 我决定找份工作 |
[03:08] | I got a call about an opening in PR Can you believe that? | 我接到了PR的面试通知 你能相信吗? |
[03:11] | No, I cannot. | 不,我不信 |
[03:13] | Hey, Deb. I think it’s great. | 嘿,黛博 我觉得这很好 |
[03:18] | Yeah, it’s exciting, me going back to work. | 是啊,真令人兴奋 我要回去工作了 |
[03:21] | Oh, yes, dear. | 噢,是的,亲爱的 |
[03:23] | I can’t help wondering about the children, though. | 但我还是忍不住要担心孩子 |
[03:26] | – They’re already so thin. – Ray, that reminds me. | -他们已经那么瘦了 -雷,这倒提醒我了 |
[03:29] | You’re going to have to pick up the twins from preschool. | 你今天要去学前班接双胞胎 |
[03:32] | And I’ll wait for them here. | 我会在家里等他们 |
[03:34] | Someone has to be home now that they’re latchkey children. | 得有人在家, 否则他们就要成为挂钥匙的小孩了 |
[03:40] | Please, Marie. Don’t make me feel guilty about this. | 求你了,玛丽 别让我觉得内疚 |
[03:43] | Oh no, dear. | 噢,不,亲爱的 |
[03:44] | I respect your ambition. | 我尊重你的追求 |
[03:47] | I mean, most women would settle for having… | 我是说,大部分女人 能拥有这一切, |
[03:50] | everything. | 已经很满足了 |
[03:55] | What are you nodding at? | 你点什么头? |
[03:57] | That’s not nodding. | 我没点头 |
[03:59] | I’m thinking of a song, that’s all. | 只不过想起了一首歌 |
[04:08] | Don’t pay attention to them, Deb. | 别理会他们,黛博 |
[04:10] | This is a family of dream squashers. | 这家子是梦想粉碎机 |
[04:15] | – Dream squashers? – That’s right. | -梦想粉碎机? -没错 |
[04:17] | Everything I ever dreamed of they said I couldn’t do. | 每次我梦想做什么, 他们肯定会反对 |
[04:19] | The drums– | 鼓手…… |
[04:21] | Oh please, the drums were the worst. | 哦算了吧,鼓手是最糟糕的 |
[04:25] | Major league baseball. My career in space. | 职业棒球手,宇航事业 |
[04:30] | You were 6′ tall in the third grade. | 你3年级的时候就有6尺高 |
[04:33] | They’d have to fold you in half to stuff you into the capsule. | 他们得把你对折起来才能塞进太空舱 |
[04:38] | Mission Control, man. I could’ve been Houston. | 指挥部!老兄 我可以呆在休斯顿 |
[04:43] | You go for it, Deb. | 你该去,黛博 |
[04:45] | Drop a rocket on your back and fly. | 喷出火焰,飞吧 |
[04:47] | Fly from the dream squashers. | 远远地飞离这些梦想粉碎者们 |
[04:58] | Thanks, I think I’ll just take the train. | 谢谢,我还是坐火车吧 |
[05:01] | Train? Where is this job? | 火车?工作地在哪里? |
[05:03] | If I get it, it’s in Manhattan. | 如果成功了,就是在曼哈顿 |
[05:05] | That’s a long commute. lt’s an hour there and an hour back. | 那可是段很长的路程, 来回各要1个小时 |
[05:08] | Oh yeah, the commute. I hadn’t thought about that. | 哦对了,路上。 我还没想过这个呢 |
[05:11] | I’ll be able to read. | 我终于可以看书了 |
[05:14] | Or just sit quietly. | 或者只是安静地坐着 |
[05:17] | And watch public urination. | 看陌生人在公共场合撒尿 |
[05:27] | Dream squasher. | 梦想粉碎者 |
[05:33] | Oh, forgot my blouse. | 噢,忘了我的衬衣了 |
[05:35] | I’m so nervous and I don’t even know if I’m going to get the job. | 我好紧张啊,不知道能不能成功 |
[05:39] | Let’s cross our fingers. | 让我们双手合十祈祷吧 |
[05:46] | No. Geoffrey, no. | 不,杰弗瑞,不要 |
[05:48] | Guys, come on, trying to work. | 别这样,孩子们 我在工作呢 |
[05:52] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:54] | Mommy’s good spoons aren’t for banging. | 妈咪的高级勺子可不是用来敲的 |
[05:57] | You know what? Take them outside and dig for worms. | 知道吗?拿到外面去挖虫子 |
[06:01] | Ally, a little help here. Take your brothers outside. | 艾丽,过来帮帮忙 把你弟弟带到外面去 |
[06:04] | – Hi, Mommy! – Hello. | -嗨,妈咪 -你好啊 |
[06:06] | Oh, Mommy’s here! | 噢,妈咪来了 |
[06:08] | Hey. Oh, yeah. | 嘿 |
[06:11] | Listens, the guys want to take the spoons outside. | 小家伙们想把勺子拿到外面去 |
[06:13] | Hey, hey, hey. I got the job. | 嘿,嘿,我得到这份工作了 |
[06:16] | – What? – Yeah, I got the job. | -什么? -我得到这份工作了 |
[06:18] | Two days a week I’m going to be a copywriter | 1周2天,广告策划 |
[06:20] | at the Charlotte Sterling Agency. | 在夏洛特・斯特林代理公司 |
[06:22] | They just gave it to you like that? | 他们就这么聘你了? |
[06:24] | Yeah, I had to fill out a W-4 and everything. | 是啊,我只要填张表格就成了 |
[06:27] | So there was no drug testing or anything like that? | 他们不做毒品测试什么的? |
[06:31] | I’m going to get to do so much there. | 我肯定会大有作为的 |
[06:33] | It’s a small agency. lt’s just Charlotte, me and the receptionist. | 是间小代理公司 只有夏洛特,我和前台 |
[06:36] | God, I’ve never had a woman boss before. | 天啊,我以前从没跟着女老板干过 |
[06:38] | It’s not that great. | 没那么轻松 |
[06:43] | Oh yeah, we’re gonna be able to bond over stuff like bad hair | 不会的,我们可以讨论发型, |
[06:46] | and have private meetings in the ladies’ room and– | 在女洗手间里开个私人会议什么的…… |
[06:50] | – What is it? – Nothing. | -怎么了? -没什么 |
[06:52] | You got the job. Congratulations. | 你得到了工作,祝贺你 |
[06:59] | What’s wrong? | 有什么不对吗? |
[07:01] | Nothing, l– | 没什么,我…… |
[07:03] | I just– I always thought that– | 我只是…… 我总是觉得, |
[07:06] | that I would make enough money | 我能赚足够的钱 |
[07:08] | to support all of us. | 来养活我们大家 |
[07:10] | And I am. | 事实也是如此 |
[07:13] | – Aren’t l? – Oh, yes. | -不是吗? -噢是的 |
[07:16] | Oh, honey, you’re a great provider. | 噢,亲爱的 你是个很棒的养家人 |
[07:18] | No, we don’t need the money. I just need to do this | 我不是为了钱,而是为了理想 |
[07:21] | for myself, you know? | 为了我自己,你明白吗? |
[07:23] | Hey, wouldn’t it be nice to have a extra money? | 而且,有点额外的收入不好吗? |
[07:25] | I mean, what if one of the kids wants to go to Harvard? | 万一哪个孩子想读哈佛呢? |
[07:45] | I think that kid might be a little disappointed. | 我觉得那个家伙也许会令人失望 |
[07:50] | – Okay, listen. Can I use your office? – My office? | -好了,我能用你的办公室吗? -我的办公室? |
[07:53] | My boss wants me to create a new identity for a pizza restaurant. | 我的老板要我策划一个匹萨店的广告 |
[07:56] | Hold on. How about the kids, though? | 等等,孩子们怎么办? |
[07:58] | I know you’ve had them for a couple hours already, | 我知道你已经带了他们几小时了 |
[08:00] | but I need to get a head start on this, | 但我需要有个好的开端 |
[08:02] | and you said you would help out more. | 你也说过你会帮我的 |
[08:04] | I didn’t know by helping out you meant | 我不知道你说的帮你, |
[08:06] | really helping out. | 是指这个。 |
[08:11] | So this is not really about you losing | 所以你不是为了失去 |
[08:13] | your place as the wage earner. | 你的地盘而不高兴 |
[08:15] | You just don’t want to do any work around here. | 你只是不想干这里的活 |
[08:17] | Why is that so wrong? | 这又有什么不对吗? |
[08:23] | Complain all you want. I’m doing this. | 随你怎么抱怨吧 我反正要做 |
[08:26] | Dream squasher. | 梦想粉碎者 |
[08:29] | How about my dream, huh? | 那我的梦想怎么办?啊? |
[08:32] | The wife who doesn’t want to go to work | 老婆从来不想出去工作 |
[08:34] | ’cause she’s too tired from all the sex. | 因为她的“床上工作”就已经够她累的了 |
[08:44] | Okay, guys, come on. What did you do? | 好了,孩子们,你们在干嘛? |
[08:46] | You like that? You like it on the face, don’t you? | 你喜欢这样?喜欢弄在脸上? |
[08:48] | What’s wrong with you? | 你们怎么了? |
[08:50] | That’s good enough. | 好极了 |
[08:52] | You’re gonna get dirty again tomorrow, ain’t you? | 你们明天又会弄脏的,是不是? |
[08:55] | Go play. | 去玩吧 |
[09:12] | Stupid cheese. | 该死的奶酪 |
[09:20] | Hey there, Cat Balou. | 你好啊,小扒手~ |
[09:24] | So how was your first day? | 第一天上班怎么样? |
[09:26] | See, I’m asking just like you asked me to. | 看到了?我也会像 你问候我一样问候你的 |
[09:29] | Terrible. lt was just a terrible | 糟透了,简直糟透了 |
[09:32] | – horrible day. – Oh. | -糟糕的一天 -噢 |
[09:35] | All right, it will go better tomorrow. | 好了,明天会好的 |
[09:37] | No it won’t, Ray. I was fired. | 不会的,雷 我被炒鱿鱼了 |
[09:41] | – On your first day? – Yes, on my first day! | -第一天就被炒了? -是啊,第一天 |
[09:51] | Have you lost weight? | 你好像瘦了? |
[10:01] | You got fired? That’s terrible. | 你被炒了,太糟糕了 |
[10:03] | Don’t pretend you care. You’re getting exactly what you want. | 别假惺惺了,你正盼着这个吧? |
[10:07] | I want you to yell at me? | 我盼着你冲我嚷嚷? |
[10:09] | You want me to stay home so I can take care of the kids | 你盼着我呆在家里,好照顾孩子 |
[10:11] | and cook and clean and have absolutely no life. | 做饭、清洁 完全没有自己的人生 |
[10:15] | So how was your day, dear? | 你今天过得如何?亲爱的 |
[10:18] | I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to answer that. | 我确定我不应该回答这个问题 |
[10:23] | Why did they fire you? | 他们为什么要炒你? |
[10:25] | Embezzlement. I doctored the books | 挪用公款。我篡改了帐簿, |
[10:28] | and stole millions of dollars. | 偷了几百万美金 |
[10:31] | ischicken okay? | 吃鸡行吗? |
[10:33] | If we’re millionaires I think we’re gonna order out. | 如果我们是百万富翁,应该出去吃 |
[10:42] | – Come on, what did you do? – Nothing. | -到底怎么了? -没什么 |
[10:44] | Ally forgot her permission slip for the zoo. | 艾丽忘带了她的动物园卡 |
[10:47] | So then I had to deal with the school and fax something over there. | 我就和学校联系了一下,又传真了一分过去 |
[10:50] | And then my boss just freaked out. God! | 接着我的老板就发飙了 天啊 |
[10:53] | Well, that’s not nice. | 那样可不好 |
[10:56] | It’s not nice. | 是不好 |
[10:58] | To think I was excited to work for a woman. | 我还为有个女老板而兴奋呢 |
[11:00] | God! | 天啊 |
[11:08] | I’m telling you, these career women are the worst. | 我告诉过你,这种事业女性是最可怕的 |
[11:11] | They sacrifice all their happiness to get where they are now. | 她们牺牲了所有的快乐 来换取得到的一切 |
[11:14] | And they want everybody else to do exactly the same. | 而且还希望别人也和她们一样 |
[11:18] | – Women. Yeah. – Oh. | -女人啊 -噢 |
[11:20] | Don’t try to be supportive. lt’s way too late for that. | 别假装支持我了 太晚了 |
[11:24] | Come on, Debra. I’m just trying to help. | 别这样,黛博拉 我只不过想帮你 |
[11:26] | Okay, okay. All right, all right. lt’s me. | 好吧,行了,这是我 |
[11:29] | It’s not you. lt’s me. | 不关你的事,是我 |
[11:32] | God, why did I even think I could do this? | 天哪,我怎么会以为自己可以做到? |
[11:43] | You know, even though | 知道吗?即使 |
[11:45] | I was really trying to be supportive | 我已经很支持你了 |
[11:47] | I was thinking maybe I could’ve been | 我还是希望我能够 |
[11:50] | even a little bit more, probably. | 更加支持你 |
[11:55] | No, it’s okay. | 不,没关系 |
[11:57] | Thanks for helping out around here today. | 谢谢你今天帮我料理家务 |
[12:03] | Oh, there it is. | 噢,原来在这儿 |
[12:12] | Charlotte Sterling Agency. No, Charlotte’s not here. | 夏洛特・斯特林代理公司 不,夏洛特不在 |
[12:16] | We’re set for paper-clips. Uh-huh. | 我们接受书面简历,嗯哼 |
[12:19] | Thank you. I’ll give her the message. Can I help you? | 谢谢,我会转告她 需要帮忙吗? |
[12:22] | I was hoping to talk to Charlotte Sterling. | 我想和夏洛特・斯特林谈谈 |
[12:25] | – Are you here to sell her something? – No. | -你是来推销的吗? -不是 |
[12:27] | Then I’m Charlotte Sterling. | 我就是夏洛特・斯特林 |
[12:29] | My receptionist is taking another mental health day. | 我的前台今天又去做精神健康检查了 |
[12:34] | – I’m Ray Barone. – Yes. | -我是雷・巴龙 -你好 |
[12:37] | My wife worked here until yesterday. | 我的妻子昨天以前在这里上班 |
[12:40] | Well, she worked here yesterday. | 她昨天开始上班的 |
[12:43] | Oh. | 噢 |
[12:45] | Oh, oh, I’m so sorry about that. | 噢,关于这个我很抱歉 |
[12:48] | Are you here for her mug? | 你是来帮她拿杯子的吧? |
[12:51] | I rinsed it. | 我洗过了 |
[12:53] | “Have a nice day.” | “愉快每一天” |
[12:56] | Thank you. You too. | 谢谢,你也是 |
[12:58] | No. No, the mug. | 不,是杯子 |
[13:01] | Huh? | 啊? |
[13:03] | About Debra. | 关于黛博拉 |
[13:05] | I know it’s kind of weird for me to be here, | 我知道我来这里感觉很怪 |
[13:07] | but I can’t help feeling this is partly my fault. | 但我不得不承认 这有我一部分责任 |
[13:10] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[13:12] | You fired Debra because my daughter had to go to the zoo. | 因为我女儿要去动物园 你解雇了黛博拉 |
[13:15] | No, I’m sorry. | 不是的,对不起 |
[13:17] | I had to let Debra go because, uh– | 我让黛博拉离开,是因为…… |
[13:20] | listen, why don’t I show you her campaign | 还是给你看看她的企划案吧 |
[13:24] | on our pizza account. | 关于匹萨店的那个 |
[13:32] | l, um– | 我,呃…… |
[13:37] | She created a character that was supposed | 她设计了一个形象, 这个形象是打算 |
[13:40] | to go on all their packaging and ads. | 印在所有的包装上和广告上的 |
[13:43] | The man who invented pizza. | 一个匹萨的创造者 |
[13:47] | “Professor Pete Za.” | “皮撒大师” |
[13:56] | – Cute! – Oh yeah, it is cute. | -很可爱啊 -是啊,很可爱 |
[13:59] | But our clients aren’t paying us for cute. | 但我们的客户不会因为可爱付我们钱 |
[14:02] | They don’t wanna guy with a pun name | 他们不想要一个 有着谐音名字, |
[14:04] | and a mozzarella hat. | 带着奶酪帽子的人 |
[14:07] | Okay, but this is– it’s one thing. | 好吧,但这只是一件事 |
[14:09] | You fired her for one thing? | 你就因为一件事解雇了她? |
[14:11] | I really didn’t want to fire Debra, | 我真的不想解雇黛博拉, |
[14:14] | but she just wouldn’t let go of it. | 但是她怎么都不接受批评 |
[14:17] | I told her– I said I don’t think this is what the clients want | 我告诉她:这不是客户想要的东西 |
[14:20] | and she argued with me. | 她就和我争了起来 |
[14:22] | Now, I really hate to say this, | 现在,我不得不说 |
[14:24] | but I think she’s a little stubborn. | 她相当顽固 |
[14:29] | Really? That doesn’t sound like my Debra, though. | 是吗?听起来一点也不像我的黛博拉 |
[14:35] | She was probably nervous because it was her first day. | 也许她是太紧张了,因为今天是她第一天上班 |
[14:40] | You think you could give her another shot? | 你可以再给她一个机会吗? |
[14:42] | No, I’m sorry. I really can’t. | 不行,对不起 真的不行 |
[14:47] | It was really nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[14:50] | All right. Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:52] | I’ll get out of your way. I’m sorry. | 我马上就走,对不起 |
[14:54] | I’m sorry that you didn’t get to see Debra at her best. | 我很遗憾你没能见到 黛博拉最好的一面 |
[14:57] | It’s hard for her to be at her best all the time | 对她来说,一直要保持 最好的状态不容易 |
[15:01] | ’cause she’s got so much to put up with. | 因为她要处理的事情太多了 |
[15:04] | You know, there’s me. | 你看,比如我 |
[15:06] | I’m a much bigger problem than I look. | 我比你想象中要麻烦得多 |
[15:10] | I don’t know if she told you this, | 我不知道她有没有告诉过你, |
[15:12] | but my parents live across the street. | 住在我们街对面的父母 |
[15:14] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是啊 |
[15:19] | coming over every day for the rest of your life. | 每天都会闯进你的生活 |
[15:22] | And she’s already– she’s juggling the kids | 更何况她还要对付孩子 |
[15:25] | and the school and the gymnastics. | 学习啦,体操啦 |
[15:27] | All right. Well, anyway, I’m sorry. | 好吧,对不起 |
[15:30] | You know what? You can refile that. | 你可以把这个重新入档 |
[15:34] | Gosh, I had no idea. | 噢,我不知道 |
[15:36] | How many kids do you have? | 你有几个孩子? |
[15:40] | Seven. | 7个 |
[15:50] | Hey, puka shell. | 嘿,普卡贝壳~ |
[15:54] | – Hi. | – Hi. -嗨 -嗨 |
[15:57] | A gift for my wife. | 给我妻子的礼物 |
[15:59] | Oh, great. | 噢,真好看 |
[16:01] | I can use it to carry juice boxes to Gymboree. | 我去金宝贝(早教中心)时, 可以用它来装果汁 |
[16:06] | Or to the Charlotte Sterling Agency | 或者去夏洛特・斯特林代理公司时, |
[16:09] | if you like your juice with lunch. | 装午餐喝的果汁 |
[16:11] | You got your job back. | 你的工作又回来了 |
[16:14] | Ta-da! | 塔-哒 |
[16:17] | What? | 什么? |
[16:19] | I talked to Charlotte. She’s gonna give you another shot. | 我跟夏洛特谈过了, 她打算再给你一个机会 |
[16:22] | Charlotte? When did you talk to Charlotte? | 夏洛特? 你什么时候去见夏洛特的? |
[16:25] | Today. I skipped lunch. | 今天,午餐时间溜出去的 |
[16:26] | How could you do that? | 你怎么做到的? |
[16:29] | I had a big breakfast. | 早饭吃得饱一点 |
[16:33] | Oh my God. | Oh my God. 噢天哪 |
[16:35] | Happy? | 开心吗? |
[16:36] | Who do you think you are? How dare you! | 你以为你是谁啊?你怎么能这么做? |
[16:40] | What do you mean? I’m being supportive. | 你什么意思? 我支持你啊 |
[16:43] | But you grovel for my job? | 但你为了我的工作去求人? |
[16:45] | Not for long. I just– | 没多久,我只是…… |
[16:48] | Charlotte’s a very reasonable person. | 夏洛特是个很讲理的人 |
[16:50] | I told her that Pete Za– | 我告诉她,那个皮撒※ |
[16:53] | She told you about Pete Za? | 她告诉你皮撒的事了? |
[16:56] | Professor Pete Za. | 皮撒大师 |
[16:58] | Wow. | 哇! |
[17:03] | What were you thinking? | 你怎么想出来的? |
[17:04] | Oh, it was good! I thought it was good! | 噢,这很好 我认为很好 |
[17:08] | His hair was cheese. | 他的头发居然是奶酪 |
[17:10] | That was his hat, Ray! All right? | 那是他的帽子!雷 |
[17:12] | I was trying to reach a wide demographic. | 我是想达到一个很广的受众面 |
[17:14] | It was for teens and adults. You wouldn’t understand. | 这迎合孩子,也迎合成人 你不会理解的 |
[17:17] | See, that’s the kind of attitude | 看,就是这种态度 |
[17:20] | – that might get people fired. – Hey, l– | -就是这个让你被炒掉的 -嘿,我…… |
[17:23] | l– | 我…… |
[17:27] | What? | 什么? |
[17:34] | I thought it was funny. | 我觉得很有趣啊 |
[17:37] | Ally liked it. | 艾丽喜欢 |
[17:39] | Aw, honey. | 噢,亲爱的 |
[17:41] | Ally’s six. | 艾丽才6岁 |
[17:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:46] | But she’s the only one I have I can run things by. | 但她是唯一我能够商量的人了 |
[17:49] | I’m here. | 还有我啊 |
[17:55] | You know what you should try tomorrow? | 你知道明天你该怎么做吗? |
[17:57] | Lynn Guini. | 琳・奎妮 |
[18:01] | Lynn Guini. | 琳・奎妮 |
[18:07] | That would be funny. | 那才好玩 |
[18:11] | You know, like, spaghetti hair | 比如,意大利细面头发 |
[18:14] | and meatballs. | 还有肉球 |
[18:25] | God, look… | 天啊 |
[18:28] | I can’t go back there. | 我不能回去了 |
[18:30] | It’s just too humiliating. | 太丢脸了 |
[18:32] | I just– oh God, I don’t know what happened to me. | 我……我都不知道自己怎么了 |
[18:35] | The whole time I was arguing with Charlotte | 我一直在跟夏洛特争吵 |
[18:37] | I was thinking, “What are you doing? Stop talking.” | 我在想“你在干什么啊?快停下” |
[18:41] | But I had to keep fighting | 但我却一直争吵下去 |
[18:43] | for Pete Za. | 只是为了皮撒 |
[18:46] | I know why you fight. | 我知道你为什么会争下去 |
[18:48] | It’s because you’re surrounded by Barones. | 因为你生活在巴龙家族里 |
[18:51] | It’s a jungle here. lt’s survival of the fittest. | 这里就是座丛林, 适者才能生存 |
[18:54] | If you didn’t learn how to hold your own | 如果你不能保卫自己 |
[18:57] | my mother would be wearing you as a coat. | 我妈妈就会把你剥了皮做成大衣穿 |
[18:59] | I’m not gonna blame your family for me losing my job. | 我不会把责任怪罪到你家人头上的 |
[19:03] | – Why not? – Because that’s a big cop-out. | -为什么? -因为那是推卸责任 |
[19:05] | I’m doing it when I get fired from my job. | 要是我被炒鱿鱼了我就这么做 |
[19:10] | Look, it was nice, | 听着,你所做的一切 |
[19:12] | you know, what you tried to do. | 我很感谢 |
[19:16] | Well, you know, just being supportive. | 只是为了支持你 |
[19:19] | I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[19:22] | I brought you comfort food. | 我给你带了慰问品 |
[19:35] | Oh, I’m sorry you got fired. | 噢,听说你被解雇了 我很难过 |
[19:38] | It’s probably for the best. | 也许这是好事 |
[19:41] | If you want to expand your horizons | 如果你想开拓视野 |
[19:44] | how about taking up gardening? | 学学园艺怎么样? |
[19:46] | Your yard could use a lot of work. | 你的后院确实需要打理打理了 |
[19:51] | Hey, gardening is fun. | 嘿,园艺很有趣的 |
[19:56] | You have lost weight. You look good. | 你瘦了,看起来不错 |
[19:59] | She looks good, doesn’t she? | 她看起来很不错,是不是? |
[20:05] | Yes, we do have an opening | 是啊,我们的确需要人手 |
[20:07] | and I’m sure that you’re a really fast learner. | 我也相信你会学得很快 |
[20:10] | But I really need someone | 但是我们确实需要 |
[20:12] | with more PR experience. | 一些有PR工作经验的人 |
[20:15] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[20:18] | I have to get out of the house. | 我必须得离开家庭 |
[20:20] | My husband drives me crazy. | 我的丈夫快把我逼疯了 |
[20:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:25] | Thank you for your interest. | 谢谢你的关注 |
[20:26] | Before you make any final decisions, | 在你做决定以前, |
[20:29] | why don’t you taste this lasagna? | 尝尝这个烤面条 |
[20:33] | – Right now? – Oh, please, dear. | -现在? -是的,亲爱的 |
[20:36] | You’re so thin. | 你太瘦了 谢谢观赏 |