时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | – Hey. | – Hey. -嘿 -嘿 |
[00:07] | – You know, I almost died today. – Really? | -我今天差点死了 -是吗? |
[00:11] | That’s what you say when I tell you I almost died? | 我跟你我差点死了,你就这种反映? |
[00:14] | What am I supposed to say? | 那我应该有什么反映? |
[00:16] | “Oh my God, Ray! Are you all right?!” | “噢,我的天哪!雷!你没事吧?” |
[00:20] | – What happened? – I’m in the press box, | -发生什么事了? -当时我坐在记者席上, |
[00:23] | – I’m watching the game… – Yeah. | -看着比赛…… -嗯 |
[00:25] | …and I’m eating a soft pretzel. | 吃着软饼干 |
[00:27] | But these pretzels they have, they’re not moist. | 那里的饼干没有水份 |
[00:30] | They’re bigger than the other ones, but they’re very dry. | 虽然比一般的要大,但是很干 |
[00:32] | Anyway, the salt doesn’t stick to them, it falls everywhere. | 上面的盐粒粘不住,撒得到处都是 |
[00:36] | Oh my God, are you okay? | 噢我的老天!你没事吧? |
[00:43] | – You gonna mock? You just gonna mock? – All right, I’m sorry. | -你要嘲笑我吗? -好吧,对不起 |
[00:47] | – The salt didn’t stay on your pretzel. – Yes! | -你的饼干粘不住盐粒 -没错! |
[00:51] | All right, so I’m… | 所以我…… |
[00:55] | I’m bending down to wipe the salt off my shirt, and bam, | 我弯下腰去拍衬衫上的盐粒, 接着就听到“砰”的一声 |
[00:59] | a foul ball comes flying into the booth. | 一个界外球朝我们的座位飞过来 |
[01:01] | – It came this close to hitting me! – Yeah? | -差这么一点就打到我了 -真的? |
[01:03] | Yeah! I felt its wind! | 没错!我感到风在我耳边嗖嗖的响! |
[01:07] | And then I turn and Andy, who just got a turkey and cheese sandwich, | 接着我转过身去,发现安迪―― 当时他正在吃火鸡乳酪三明治 |
[01:10] | and the ball knocks it off his tray. | 球直接砸到了他的盘子上 |
[01:12] | The soda, pickles, chips, chocolate cake, everything! | 汽水、泡菜、薯条、 巧克力蛋糕,溅得到处都是! |
[01:16] | You get chocolate cake in the press box? | 记者席上还有巧克力蛋糕吃? |
[01:20] | It was Friday. We get a different cake every Friday. | 今天是星期五, 我们每个星期五都有不同的蛋糕吃 |
[01:23] | – But you’re missing the point. – I’m getting the point. | -这个不是重点! -我知道重点 |
[01:26] | A ball bounced into your world and disturbed paradise! | 一个球闯进了你们的世界 打扰了你们的乐园! |
[01:28] | Yeah, but the ball doesn’t just bounce in there, okay? | 这个球不只是闯进来那么简单 |
[01:31] | You don’t know what it’s like when a foul ball comes at you. | 一个界外球朝你猛冲过来, 你体会不到这种感觉的 |
[01:34] | Don’t children catch them? | 这种球小孩子也能接住啊 |
[01:37] | Yeah, they catch the ones that come, | 没错,但他们接的是这种球, |
[01:40] | “Oh look, bally! Ooh!” | “看哪!小球球~噢!” |
[01:43] | But this one came in, “Ray Barone!” | 但这却是来势汹汹地叫道,“雷・巴龙!” |
[01:46] | And at the last minute, it said, “Chocolate cake!” | 到最后一刻,它叫道“巧克力蛋糕!” |
[01:50] | Yeah. | Yeah. 是啊 |
[01:52] | All right, make fun, okay? | 尽管拿我开心好了 |
[01:55] | When the ball does take my head off, | 等到球把我的头给砸飞了, |
[01:57] | maybe you won’t be so mockulatory. | 你就不会这么具有讽刺意味了 |
[02:07] | – Hey. | – Hey. -嘿 -嘿 |
[02:09] | Honey, can you be home by 6:00 tonight? | 亲爱的,今晚六点你在家吗? |
[02:11] | I made an appointment with an attorney. | 我约了律师来 |
[02:17] | Well, nine years. I had seven in the pool. | 九年了,我有七年都提心吊胆的 |
[02:27] | He’s meeting with us about our wills. | 他是来帮我们立遗嘱的 |
[02:29] | Wills? No no no. | 遗嘱?不,不 |
[02:32] | I do not want a will. It’s bad luck. | 我不想立什么遗嘱!不吉利 |
[02:34] | You’ve been putting this off for years. | 那么多年了,你一直在回避这个 |
[02:36] | And I would think you’d want to be prepared, | 我还以为你希望对此有所准备, |
[02:39] | especially after your near-death experience. | 尤其是在你差点闯了鬼门关以后 |
[02:43] | Near-death, I was going for pity sex. | 是差一点,我原打算 借此让你和我做爱的~ |
[02:48] | You know, I don’t understand you. | 我真搞不懂你 |
[02:50] | You were fine when we did the life insurance. | 我们买保险的时候你不是挺赞同的吗 |
[02:52] | Insurance is too dull to be scary. | 保险太傻了,一点都不吓人 |
[02:57] | By the way, how much do you get if I die? | 顺便问一句,要是我死了 你能得到多少钱? |
[02:59] | $800,000. | |
[03:02] | That was a little fast. | 好像快了一点 |
[03:04] | Right? Yeah. | 是不是? |
[03:06] | Your social security number, you got to look that up, | 你自己去查查你的社会保险帐号 |
[03:09] | but that number, oh yeah. | 那数目……噢! |
[03:11] | Right there, right on the tip of your tongue. | 没错,话就在你嘴边 |
[03:14] | Ma wanted me to tell you she’s making frittatas. | 妈让我告诉你,她在做鸡蛋馅饼 |
[03:18] | Robert, you have a will, right? | 罗伯特,你已经立好遗嘱了,是不是? |
[03:20] | Why? What did you hear? | 怎么?你听到什么了? |
[03:23] | Is that why Ma’s making frittatas? | 妈做鸡蛋馅饼就是为了这个? |
[03:26] | Ray and I were talking about wills, | 雷和我在讨论遗嘱的事 |
[03:28] | – and he doesn’t want to make one. – Oh, why not? | -他不想立 -噢,为什么? |
[03:31] | – He thinks it’s gonna tempt fate. – No no no, silly. | -他觉得太不吉利了 -不,不,笨蛋 |
[03:34] | If you don’t have a will you’re tempting fate. | 你不立遗嘱才不吉利 |
[03:36] | “I don’t need a will. I’m gonna live forever. ” Manhole! | “我不需要遗嘱!我会长生不老!” 地洞! |
[03:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:52] | Raymond, listen to me. | 雷蒙德,听我说 |
[03:54] | You need to have a will and eat a fibrous breakfast every morning | 你应该立个遗嘱, 并且每天早上吃粗纤早餐 |
[03:57] | and nothing can touch you. | 那你就什么都不怕了 |
[04:00] | – Maybe you’re right. – Oh, that’s what convinces you?! | -也许你说得没错! -噢,这样就能说服你了? |
[04:04] | I’ve been talking to you about this for six years! | 我劝了你整整六年! |
[04:06] | You didn’t fall in a manhole! | 你又从没掉到地洞里过! |
[04:10] | He knows how to get through to me. | 他知道怎样说服我 |
[04:12] | See if you can get him to floss. | 看你能不能把他捏在手心里 |
[04:16] | Whatever you need. | 你想怎么样都行 |
[04:19] | That’s it, all right. We’re doing a will. | 好极了,我们马上去立遗嘱 |
[04:21] | I’m loading up on fiber and you’re out 800 large. | 我塞了一肚子粗粮, 你就可以拿得比80万还多了! |
[04:30] | All right, this all looks good. | 好吧,看起来没什么问题了 |
[04:32] | We should put something in there that if I die | 我们应该再加一条, 如果我死了, |
[04:35] | you can’t marry another man named Ray. | 你不能再和叫雷的人结婚 |
[04:40] | Excuse me? | 不好意思,你说什么? |
[04:43] | Well ’cause eventually everyone would call him Ray | 因为那样的话,大家都会叫他雷 |
[04:46] | and me “Dead Ray. “ | 而叫我“死鬼雷” |
[04:51] | – I don’t think I can… – Just ignore him. | -我觉得我不能…… -别理他就是了 |
[04:55] | All righty. | 好吧 |
[04:57] | Now all that remains is the issue | 现在,只剩下一条了 |
[04:59] | of who should be granted guardianship of the children. | 你们打算选谁当孩子的法定监护人 |
[05:01] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思? |
[05:04] | Guardianship in the event that both of you die at the same time. | 假如你们两个同时身亡时, 孩子由谁来监护 |
[05:08] | Wow, party pooper. | 哇~那可够倒霉的! |
[05:14] | I guess that would be my parents, Frank and Marie… | 我觉得应该是我的父母, 弗兰克和玛丽…… |
[05:17] | Ray… | 雷…… |
[05:18] | I don’t know if they’re really the best choice. | 我不知道他们是不是 最合适的人选 |
[05:22] | Well… | 那么…… |
[05:23] | I mean, they’re over here all the time anyway, right? | 他们不是经常到这里来吗? |
[05:26] | They know where everything is. | 他们知道所有的东西放在哪儿 |
[05:28] | Just because they’re convenient | 他们来这里很方便 |
[05:30] | doesn’t mean they’re the right choice. | 并不意味着他们就是最好的人选 |
[05:32] | You want your parents? That’s not exactly a kid-friendly house. | 你想让你父母来抚养? 他们家可不那么适合小孩 |
[05:36] | All the pointy metal sculptures. | 到处都是尖利的金属雕塑 |
[05:39] | And your father, you know… | 还有你爸爸…… |
[05:41] | Ray! | 雷! |
[05:47] | We have to discuss this. | 我们得好好讨论一下 |
[05:49] | “Discuss!” Here we go! | “讨论!”好吧 |
[05:51] | Hey, maybe you’d better take us off the meter. | 嘿,你最好现在不要计时 (美国的律师按小时收费) |
[05:56] | Take your time. | 你们慢慢来好了 |
[05:57] | Look, it doesn’t have to be a relative. | 听着,这不一定非得是亲戚 |
[06:00] | – No? – No. | -真的? -是的 |
[06:02] | The character of the couple is what’s important. | 人品才是最重要的 |
[06:04] | What are their values? Are they loving? | 他们的价值观怎样, 有没有爱心 |
[06:07] | Are they patient? Are they honest? | 有没有耐心,是不是诚实 |
[06:09] | If we find people like that, | 如果我们找得到这样的人, |
[06:11] | we should give them the children right now! | 我们现在就应该把孩子给他们 |
[06:19] | You know what? We don’t have to complete this now. | 我们不用马上做出决定 |
[06:23] | Once you two get this ironed out, you can just call me with the name. | 等你们商量好了, 打个电话告诉我名字就行 |
[06:26] | Okay, we’ll probably call you tomorrow. | 好的,我们明天就打给你 |
[06:29] | Unless we die before then, in which case you get them. | 万一我们在那之前就死了, 那么孩子就归你了 |
[06:33] | Hope you got a sofa-bed. | 但愿你有张沙发床 |
[06:39] | – I think he likes me. – Yeah. | -我觉得他喜欢我 -是啊 |
[06:44] | Come on, Ray, we’ve got to think about this stuff. | 雷,我们得好好想想这事 |
[06:47] | – Who are we gonna get, huh? – I don’t know. | -到底应该选谁呢? -我不知道 |
[06:50] | – Oh, I hate everyone! – Yeah. See, me too. | -噢,我恨每个人 -没错,我也是 |
[06:53] | Oh wait. What about Bernie and Linda? | 等等,伯尼和琳达怎么样? |
[06:55] | – They just had a baby. – Yeah, exactly. | -他们刚生了个孩子 -没错 |
[06:57] | So why would they want more? | 他们为什么还想再要一个? |
[06:59] | Look, they’ll be experienced parents, and we love them. | 他们会成为有经验的父母, 而我们也很喜欢他们 |
[07:02] | Yeah, I guess. They’re good. | 是啊,也许吧 他们是不错 |
[07:05] | And Bernie always has candy in his pocket. | 伯尼的口袋里总是有糖 |
[07:08] | They should definitely be the ones. | 他们最合适不过了 |
[07:11] | All right, okay. So we’re settled? | 好吧,那我们就这么定了? |
[07:13] | Yeah. So it’s Bernie and Linda, | 好,就伯尼和琳达 |
[07:15] | we have a will and you’re still alive! | 我们立了遗嘱了!而你仍然活得好好的! |
[07:18] | Yea. | 没错 |
[07:20] | I guess we didn’t displease any of your vengeful gods, huh? | 看起来我们没有惹怒 你那些“复仇之神”,是不是? |
[07:23] | Hi, dears. | 嗨,亲爱的 |
[07:27] | I saw you had some store-bought pudding and I thought the children | 我看见你们有一些买来的布丁, 我想孩子们 |
[07:31] | might want to try something homemade. | 可能想吃点自家做的 |
[07:35] | – Thank you very much. – Okay. | -非常感谢 -不用 |
[07:40] | “Attorney at law”? What’s the matter? | “律师?”出什么事了? |
[07:43] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[07:45] | – Are there marital problems? – No. | -你们的婚姻出问题了? -不是 |
[07:50] | We were just making out our wills, Marie. | 我们只是在立遗嘱,玛丽 |
[07:52] | Oh, good for you, honey. | 噢,不错,亲爱的 |
[07:55] | – That shows a lot of foresight. – Yep. | -那很有远见 -是啊 |
[07:59] | And isn’t it good to just get it all out of the way | 把事情都解决了 |
[08:01] | and know that everything now is under control | 让一切尽在掌握, |
[08:03] | and you’ll never have to worry about the children? | 而且再也不用为孩子担心了, 这种感觉是不是很好? |
[08:09] | Yep. | 是的 |
[08:13] | – Marie. – Yeah? | -玛丽 -嗯? |
[08:15] | Uh… | 呃…… |
[08:17] | we decided that Bernie and Linda | 我们决定选伯尼和琳达 |
[08:19] | are going to be their guardians. | 作为孩子的法定监护人 |
[08:30] | Thanks for the pudding. | 谢谢你的布丁 |
[08:39] | You’re leaving the children to strangers? | 你们要把孩子送给陌生人? |
[08:42] | Ma, Bernie and Linda aren’t strangers. | 妈,伯尼和琳达不是陌生人 |
[08:44] | Please, you don’t owe me any explanation. | 算了吧,你不需要向我解释 |
[08:49] | They’re your children. It’s your life, isn’t it? | 孩子是你们的,生活也是你们的 |
[08:53] | That’s been the dream. | 我做梦也想这样 |
[09:00] | Well, I don’t want to keep you. | 我不想为难你们, |
[09:03] | I just came over to try to, | 我只是…… |
[09:05] | you know, help. | 想帮忙 |
[09:07] | Ma, if Bernie and Linda drop dead, you’re on deck! | 妈,如果伯尼和琳达完蛋了, 你就是替补! |
[09:13] | Well, thank you. | 好吧,谢谢你 |
[09:15] | And that’s for the children. | 这是给孩子们的, |
[09:17] | Tell them it’s from a friend. | 告诉他们,是一个朋友送的 |
[09:24] | You know, actually, this could be a good lesson for me. | 其实,今天的事也算给我上了一课 |
[09:27] | To learn to be content with what is | 让我学会接受现实, |
[09:30] | and not to hope for what could be. | 学会不要对任何事有所期待 |
[09:33] | So what could be is us dying | 那么你的期待就是我们死后 |
[09:35] | – and you raising our children? – Well, not anymore. | -由你来抚养孩子? -现在无所谓了 |
[09:42] | I saw a pudding skin in the sink. | 我在水槽里发现了布丁渣子 |
[09:44] | Oh Frank. | 噢,弗兰克 |
[09:45] | Have you heard, Frank? | 你听说了吗?弗兰克 |
[09:47] | Apparently, you and I are not fit parents. | 看起来,我们两个不适合当家长 |
[09:51] | I still want pudding. | 我还是想吃布丁 |
[09:55] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:56] | You’re not up to their standards either. | 你也不合他们的胃口~ |
[09:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:00] | What are we talking about? | 我们在说什么? |
[10:03] | We had to pick guardians for the kids. | 我们在帮孩子们选监护人 |
[10:05] | – And it’s not us? – No. | -不是我们? -是的 |
[10:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:09] | What, you wouldn’t have wanted the kids? | 怎么,难道你们想要孩子? |
[10:11] | Would you? | 你们呢? |
[10:16] | I wasn’t even asked. | 你们连问都没问过我 |
[10:18] | Well, Robert, we just… | 罗伯特,我们只是…… |
[10:20] | – Who’d you pick? – Linda and Bernie Gruenfelder. | -你们选了谁? -琳达和伯尼・格鲁菲尔德 |
[10:24] | Bernie Gruenfelder. | 伯尼・格鲁菲尔德 |
[10:28] | Well, let’s see: A chubby jet-ski salesman | 看吧,一个矮胖的摩托艇销售员 |
[10:30] | versus a blood-related protector of the people? | 整天与血缘保护主义者作对 |
[10:35] | Yeah, well, that’s a no-brainer. | 这真是轻而易举啊 |
[10:42] | Where’s the whipped cream? | 生奶油在哪? |
[10:44] | Marie, please try to understand. | 玛丽,希望你能理解 |
[10:46] | I understand. You prefer to give your children | 我理解,你们宁可把孩子 |
[10:49] | to gypsies instead of me. | 给吉普赛人,也不愿意给我 |
[10:51] | Cheer up, Marie, we just dodged three screaming bullets. | 欢呼吧,玛丽 我们刚甩掉了三颗呼啸的子弹头~ |
[10:56] | Hey, did he take the pudding? Hey! | 嘿,他把布丁拿走了?嘿! |
[10:59] | Pudding! | 布丁! |
[11:02] | Oh… | 噢…… |
[11:04] | I know what it is. | 我知道了 |
[11:09] | It’s your father, isn’t it? | 是不是因为你爸爸? |
[11:12] | Listen to me. If you were to… | 听我说,如果你们…… |
[11:15] | God forbid, and I get the children, | 上帝保佑,而让我抚养孩子 |
[11:18] | I’m willing to leave him. | 我愿意离开他 |
[11:29] | She is just a little angel! | 她真是个小天使! |
[11:32] | Yeah, when she’s sleeping. | 是啊,只有在睡着时才是 |
[11:34] | – You should hear the set of lungs on her. – Really? | -你应该见识一下她的肺活量 -真的? |
[11:36] | Oh yeah. When she’s unhappy, you know it. | 没错,当她不高兴的时候 |
[11:40] | Yeah, babies are loud. | 是啊,小孩很吵的 |
[11:44] | You know who’s quiet, though? The older kids. | 知道谁比较安静吗?大一些的孩子 |
[11:49] | Oh yeah. Well, your kids are great. | 没错,你的孩子很棒 |
[11:51] | Yeah, they are. | 是啊 |
[11:54] | So, Linda, motherhood really agrees with you! | 琳达,当母亲很不错吧 |
[11:57] | – You look fantastic! – Thank you. | -你看起来棒极了 -谢谢 |
[11:59] | I’m wearing more makeup than a drag queen. | 我化的妆比人妖还浓 |
[12:04] | And nursing bras, are they as horrible as they used to be? | 还有哺乳文胸,还像以前那么恐怖吗? |
[12:06] | Ugh, they’re very complicated. | 唔~~这很难说 |
[12:11] | That’s another good thing about the older kids. | 这是大孩子的另一个好处 |
[12:14] | Forget about the breast, you feed them right out of the fridge. | 根本不用担心胸部下垂, 只要用冰箱来喂他们就行 |
[12:17] | – Ray, please. – Well, you do! | -雷!拜托! -好吧,你来说 |
[12:22] | Was that an awake sound or a sleep sound? | 那时声音代表她醒了还是睡着了? |
[12:24] | Oh, I don’t know. Just write down | 我不知道,先写下来吧 |
[12:27] | “Sound at 7:07.” | “7点07分,发出声音” |
[12:32] | All the books say to keep a sleep journal. | 所有的书上都说要记睡眠日记 |
[12:35] | Bernie loves the books. | 伯尼很喜欢这些书 |
[12:37] | Helps me feel a little more in control. | 让我感觉一切尽在掌握 |
[12:39] | That’s from one of the books! | 这句话也是从书上看来的 |
[12:41] | It’s not yours! I hate you! I hate you! | 这不是你的!我讨厌你!我讨厌你! |
[12:43] | I hate you! | I hate you! 我讨厌你!! |
[12:50] | Write it down: “7:08, having fun”! | 写下来:“7点08,玩得很高兴” |
[12:57] | – You want to help me in the kitchen? – Yeah, all right. | -到厨房来帮我一下 -好的 |
[12:59] | – Get away from me! – Oh boy! | -快滚开! -哦天哪! |
[13:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:06] | – What is the matter with you? – Nothing, it’s just… | -你到底怎么回事? -没什么,只是…… |
[13:09] | the kids are ruining it! | 孩子们把一切都搞砸了! |
[13:11] | You’re ruining it! We’re not trying to sell them a used car! | 是你想搞砸!我们又不是要 卖给他们一辆二手车! |
[13:15] | Maybe we should throw in the car. | 也许我们真的该附送一辆车 |
[13:19] | Would you just act normal, huh? | 你能不能表现得正常一点? |
[13:22] | Let’s just get it over with and ask them. | 我们就直接问他们好了 |
[13:25] | Okay okay okay. How are you going to ask them? | 好吧好吧,你打算怎么开口? |
[13:27] | I don’t know. I can’t rehearse it. | 不知道,我又不能事先彩排~ |
[13:30] | Well, you just can’t say, “Hey, when we die and you go to the funeral | 你不能就这么说: “嘿,等我们死了,你们就来葬礼 |
[13:33] | bring the minivan. “ | 把小货车开走” |
[13:39] | Oh, hello. | 噢,你们好 |
[13:41] | I noticed you had company. | 看来你们有客人啊 |
[13:44] | Well what do you know? | 如果不是琳达和伯尼・格鲁菲尔德 |
[13:45] | If it isn’t Bernie and Linda Gruenfelder. | 又会是谁呢? |
[13:50] | Robert, they’re just over for dinner. | 罗伯特,他们只不过是来吃晚饭 |
[13:52] | Oh, just dinner? I don’t think so. | 噢,只是吃晚饭? 我不信 |
[13:55] | Why is your shirt tucked in tonight, Raymond? | 你为什么要把衬衫下摆束进去?雷蒙德 |
[14:00] | This is no ordinary dinner. | 这不是普通的晚饭 |
[14:02] | You’re giving away the children, aren’t you? | 你们要把孩子送走,是不是? |
[14:05] | – Don’t make a big deal out of this. – It is a big deal! | -别大惊小怪的! -就要大惊小怪的! |
[14:09] | How could you choose them over me? I’m family. | 你们怎么可以跳过我而选他们? 我可是你们的亲人! |
[14:11] | We love you, Robert, but there’s a lot of factors, okay? | 我们爱你,罗伯特 但还有很多别的因素 |
[14:14] | We put a great deal of thought into this. | 我们对此考虑了很久 |
[14:17] | Look, you’re single and you have a dangerous job. | 你是单身,又有一份危险的工作 |
[14:22] | And if you were to drop one of them, it’s very very far. | 而且当你把他们放下来的时候, 距离太遥远了 |
[14:35] | And also, most importantly, you have no respect for me | 还有,最重要的一点, 你们根本不尊重 |
[14:38] | – as a human being! – That is not true. | -我作为人类的尊严 -不是这样的 |
[14:40] | Look, you know what? It’s none my business, okay? | 听着,这不关我的事 |
[14:43] | Ally, Michael and Geoffrey Gruenfelder. | 艾丽,麦克和杰弗瑞・格鲁菲尔德 |
[14:46] | Rolls right off the tongue. | 名字真是顺口啊 |
[14:48] | Where are you going, man? | 你要去哪?老兄 |
[14:51] | I thought I’d leave via the front door. | 我要从前门出去 |
[14:53] | Or is that just for fit guardians? | 难道那只能让法定监护人出入? |
[14:55] | – Don’t… – She is adorable! | -别…… -她真可爱! |
[15:04] | Marie, what are you doing here? | 玛丽,你来这儿干什么? |
[15:06] | Oh, well I saw a strange car parked in the driveway. | 噢,我看到有辆陌生的车 停在车道上 |
[15:08] | – I thought something might be wrong. – Yeah, okay. | -我还以为出了什么事了 -是啊 |
[15:12] | If you don’t mind, we’d like to spend the evening alone | 请别介意,今晚我们想要和…… |
[15:14] | with Linda and Bernie tonight. | 琳达和伯尼单独在一起 |
[15:16] | I just came over to see the baby. | 我是过来看宝宝的 |
[15:18] | You know how I love children. | 你知道我有多喜欢孩子 |
[15:21] | Yeah. Look, here’s one of yours now. | 没错,看,这里就有一个你自己的 |
[15:24] | Why don’t you go put him down for a nap? | 你干嘛不哄他打个小盹? |
[15:27] | It’s okay, Ray. | 没事,雷 |
[15:29] | Madeline, I’d like to introduce you to Mrs. Barone. | 玛德琳,这位是巴龙太太 |
[15:32] | The books say not to use baby talk. | 书上说最好不说儿语 |
[15:35] | Oh, you’re book parents. | 噢,你们是“本本家长” |
[15:39] | – Marie. – Yeah, you know the books are great, | -玛丽 -你们的确很了解书本, |
[15:41] | but there’s a lot you can learn from experience you can’t get from the books. | 但是有很多经验是需要实践的, 没法从书本上学到 |
[15:44] | – Oh yeah? – A lot of emergency situation stuff. | -真的? -有很多突发的紧急情况 |
[15:47] | – Ray. – Robert. | -雷 -罗伯特 |
[15:49] | Yeah, let’s say your child or a child in your care | 比如说,你的孩子, 或者你照顾的孩子 |
[15:52] | has put a Cocoa Puff up his nose. | 把一块可可泡芙塞进了鼻子里 |
[15:56] | – What do you do? – A Cocoa Puff? | -你们该怎么办? -一块可可泡芙? |
[15:59] | That’s an interesting question, Robby. | 这问题很有趣,罗比 |
[16:02] | What would you do? | 你们会怎么做? |
[16:04] | – They’d do the right thing. Coffee? – Anyone want coffee? | -他们会做得很好。要咖啡吗? -谁要咖啡? |
[16:07] | – I’d love some! – Um, I… | -我来一杯 -唔,我…… |
[16:11] | Stuck Cocoa Puff. | 卡住的巧克力泡芙 |
[16:14] | It’s a quandary. | 真是个难题啊 |
[16:17] | – Does that really happen? – Oh yes, it happens. | -真会有这样的事? -没错,的确会发生的 |
[16:20] | Doesn’t it, Raymond? | 你说是不是?雷蒙德 |
[16:23] | It happened to me when I was eight. | 我8岁的时候就遭遇过 |
[16:28] | And 10. | 还有10岁时 |
[16:32] | So what would you do, dear? | 你们该怎么做?亲爱的 |
[16:34] | Tweezers? | 用镊子? |
[16:35] | Absolutely never. | 当然不行 |
[16:38] | Emergency room? | 去急救室? |
[16:39] | – Nope. – All right, stop. | -不对 -好了,打住 |
[16:43] | You crunch and blow. | 先捏,再擤 |
[16:48] | Crunch and blow? | 先捏再擤? |
[16:56] | I am very sure I’m gonna remember that one. | 我肯定忘不了这招 |
[17:00] | – Okay, that’s great! – Give me another. | -好极了 -再来一个 |
[17:04] | Let’s say you’re driving your seven-year-old to school | 再比如说,你开车送7岁的孩子去学校, |
[17:07] | and she keeps turning the radio louder and louder | 当你开车的时候,她却把广播 |
[17:09] | while you’re driving. What would you do? | 越调越响,你该怎么做? |
[17:11] | You tell her to stop in a firm but loving manner. | 用一种严厉但友好的方式 告诉她不要这么做 |
[17:13] | No. Linda? | 不对,琳达? |
[17:19] | Uh… ignore it. | 呃……不去管她 |
[17:22] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[17:25] | Well, you let her turn it up loud | 让她把广播调得越来越响 |
[17:29] | and then she’ll realize how unpleasant that is | 接着她就会觉得这样很不舒服 |
[17:33] | and then she’ll turn it off herself. | 她就会自动把音量调低了 |
[17:37] | An excellent answer. | 答得精彩! |
[17:39] | If you could explain what a seven-year-old | 不过你先告诉我, 为什么一个七岁的小孩 |
[17:41] | is doing in the front seat to begin with! | 会坐在汽车前排的座位上? |
[17:53] | My my my. | 天哪~天哪~ |
[17:58] | Okay, you can leave now. You’ve ruined everything. | 好了,你们可以走了 你们把一切都搞砸了 |
[18:01] | Ruined? I’ve been trying to help. | 搞砸?我是在帮忙 |
[18:03] | You’re a maniac. Go! | 你这个疯子!快走! |
[18:05] | By the way, I couldn’t help but notice | 顺便提一句, 我不得不注意到 |
[18:07] | that your infant car seat was positioned improperly. | 你们的汽车婴儿座的 位置放得不对 |
[18:12] | Have a good evening! | 祝你们玩得愉快 |
[18:16] | Hey, dinner and a show! | 嘿,晚餐加表演! |
[18:20] | Oh, sorry about them. | 噢,太对不起了 |
[18:23] | Um, but actually, we did ask you over here for a reason. | 呃……其实我们请你们来 的确有事相求 |
[18:26] | Now? Maybe we should get really hammered first. | 现在就说?我们应该来一个 摄人心魄的开场白 |
[18:31] | You know, Ray and I were talking about our wills | 雷和我最近在考虑遗嘱 |
[18:34] | and we just think you’re great parents, | 我们觉得你们是很称职的父母 |
[18:39] | and we were wondering if you would want to be the guardians of our kids | 我们想知道,万一我们发生了什么意外 你们是否愿意成为 |
[18:42] | if anything should happen to us. | 我们孩子的监护人 |
[18:44] | And just so you know, | 还有,希望你们明白 |
[18:45] | we’re not planning anything. | 我们没有刻意安排什么 |
[18:48] | Oh, that is so beautiful. | 噢,这太美妙了! |
[18:52] | Wow! This is big. | 哇!这可是件大事! |
[18:56] | Oh, and we love Ally, Michael and Geoffrey. | 我们爱艾丽,麦克和杰弗瑞 |
[18:59] | – We love all of you! – We love you too. | -我们爱你们全家! -我们也爱你们! |
[19:01] | – That’s why we thought of you. – Boy! | -所以我们才想到了你们 -老天爷啊 |
[19:07] | I don’t think so. | 我想这不行 |
[19:11] | What? | 什么? |
[19:13] | I mean, we’re so flattered, but… | 我的意思是,我们很荣幸,但是…… |
[19:21] | Your family’s nuts. | 你们的亲戚有点神经兮兮的 |
[19:25] | Yeah, there’s nothing in the books about that! | 没错,书上可没教过这些 |
[19:36] | – Maybe you want to think it over… – No, I’m sorry. | -或许你们再考虑一下…… -还是算了,不好意思 |
[19:41] | You know, if there’s an accident that takes them out | 要是有个意外,把他们 |
[19:44] | at the same time as you, maybe. | 和你们同时带走了 |
[19:48] | That’s okay. | 那就没问题 |
[19:50] | – I feel just terrible about this. – Oh, no no. | -对此我们很抱歉 -噢,不,不 |
[19:53] | That’s okay. Believe me, I understand. | 没关系,相信我,我能理解 |
[19:55] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[20:00] | Hmm. | 唔 |
[20:22] | – We should get Madeline home. – Yeah, it’s getting late. | -我们得带玛德琳回去了 -是啊,已经很晚了 |
[20:26] | Listen, I got some candy for Ally and the twins here. | 我给艾丽和双胞胎带了些糖果 |
[20:29] | Thanks. Thanks for that. | 谢谢 |
[20:32] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[20:34] | Hey, I hear you’re getting the kids. Congratulations! | 嘿,我听说你们得到了孩子,恭喜了! |
[20:37] | No, Dad, it’s not really gonna work out. | 行了,爸爸,你说这个没用的 |
[20:40] | What do you mean? These are really great kids! | 你什么意思? 这些孩子真的很不错的! |
[20:43] | It’s all right, Dad. It’s okay. | 行了,爸爸 |
[20:45] | – All right, see you guys. – Good night. | -好吧,再见 -晚安 |
[20:48] | How did you get out of it? | 你们怎么脱身的? |
[20:59] | – The Wallaces? – No. | -华莱士夫妇? -不行 |
[21:02] | Their house smells like feet. | 他们的房子闻起来像脚臭 |
[21:06] | Well, that’s it, ’cause we’ve gone through everybody. | 那没了,所有的人都看过了 |
[21:09] | – How about the Zs? – “Bronx Zoo. “ | -动物园怎么样? -“布朗克斯动物园” |
[21:14] | I saw that documentary, that kid that was raised by wolves. | 我看过记载,有个小孩被狼群养大 |
[21:20] | Right? | 是吗? |
[21:23] | He’s a dentist now. | 他现在是个牙医! |
[21:31] | No, there’s got to be someone, you know? | 不,肯定会有合适的人选的 |
[21:34] | Someone else. | 别的人 |
[21:36] | Oh please, someone! | 噢!拜托!谁呢!? |
[21:40] | We could always do cold calling. | 我们可以随时打电话 |
[21:44] | Looks like the kids are stuck with your parents. | 看起来孩子们必须得跟 你的父母呆在一起了 |
[21:51] | I will say this about your father: He is a happy drunk. | 关于你爸爸,我说句实话: 他是个快乐的醉汉~ 谢谢观赏 |