时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – Hey hiIIbiIIies. – Hey. | -嘿 土蛋子 -嘿 |
[00:07] | Hey Iisten some guy caIIed for you three times today. | 嘿 听着 有个人今天打电话找了你几次了 |
[00:10] | – Scott somebody? – Oh! Scott Preeman yeah. | -好像是叫司各特的 -哦! 司各特·弗里曼 是的 |
[00:13] | You know you met him and WaIter at my reunion. | 你知道 你在我的同学会上见过他和沃尔特的 |
[00:17] | Scott and WaIter they were Iike my best friends in high schooI. | 司各特和沃尔特 我高中最好的朋友了 |
[00:19] | Oh yeah the dorks. | 哦 是的 一帮傻蛋 |
[00:23] | Okay ’cause you were a cheerIeader my friends are dorks. | 好了 你是啦啦队长 我朋友就成傻蛋了 |
[00:26] | No they’re dorks because at the reunion | 不 他们是傻蛋 因为在同学会上 |
[00:28] | they taIked to each other on waIkie-taIkies. | 他们拿对讲机对话 |
[00:32] | That they buiIt themseIves. | 他们自己做的 |
[00:34] | They’re very smart. And they’re starting | 他们很聪明的 并且他们正要 |
[00:36] | – a business together. – Oh reaIIy? | -一起开公司 -哦 是吗? |
[00:38] | – Yeah a go-cart track. – Oh. | -是的 卡丁车游乐场 -哦 |
[00:41] | That’s a fun pIace to use your waIkie-taIkies. | 用对讲机的好去处 |
[00:43] | ActuaIIy I’ve been presented with a very unique opportunity. | 事实上 我眼前 展现了一个难得的机会 |
[00:47] | – What? – WeII you see to get their business | -什么? -唔 你瞧 要开始他们的事业 |
[00:49] | off the ground they’re Iooking for a few seIect investors. | 他们在找好的投资者 |
[00:52] | – Go-carts Ray? I don’t– – No no. This is a great opportunity. | -卡丁车 雷? 我不… -不不 这是个绝好的机会 |
[00:55] | Can I feed the chiId? | 我能给孩子们吃的吗? |
[01:00] | Come on though. PeopIe Iove go-carts. | 别这样 人们喜欢卡丁车 |
[01:02] | – Who Iikes go-carts? – Yay! Yeah! Go-carts! | -谁喜欢卡丁车? -耶! 耶! 卡丁车! |
[01:06] | Why don’t you teII ’em we’re moving into a gingerbread house? | 你怎么不告诉他们咱们要搬到 姜面包屋里住了? |
[01:08] | Yay! | 耶! |
[01:11] | Come on I’m serious about this. | 别这样 我是认真的 |
[01:13] | These guys know what they’re doing. | 他们俩知道自己干的什么 |
[01:15] | WaIter’s dad owned an amusement park | 沃尔特的父亲开了家游乐园 |
[01:17] | and Scott’s an engineer. | 司各特是个工程师 |
[01:19] | Not a ”whoo-whoo” engineer | 不是那种修车的 |
[01:21] | one who actuaIIy designs stuff. | 而是真的设计东西的 |
[01:23] | Do they have a pIan? Or something on paper | 他们有规划了吗? 或者纸面上的东西 |
[01:26] | – that we can see? – I’m sure that they do. | -咱们能看得到的? -我想他们有的 |
[01:28] | I mean not just a drawing of a go-cart on a napkin. | 我是说 不只是餐巾上的 卡丁车图案 |
[01:32] | Something tangibIe with numbers or– | 实际的东西 有数字或者… |
[01:34] | AII right don’t worry. | 好的 别担心 |
[01:36] | They got numbers. | 他们有数字的 |
[01:39] | Jeez you gotta speII everything out for the cheerIeader. | 天 什么都得给啦啦队长交代明白了 |
[01:48] | So the majority of your investment in… | 那么 你们在卡丁冲击的投资 |
[01:51] | Kart Attack wiII go towards initiaI construction costs. | 大部分将用于初期的建设 |
[01:55] | A percentage of which wiII be paid back through earnings | 这部分成本将通过收益赚回 |
[01:58] | which are outIined in the bookIet I handed out earIier. | 细节参见之前我给你们的小册子 |
[02:00] | PrimariIy in sections A2 D5 and E15 | 主要在A2 D5和E15 |
[02:04] | but aIso in the appendix sections 9 11 and 1 2. | 另见附录9 11 12 |
[02:10] | Listen I know I’m throwing a Iot of numbers at you | 听着 我知道我一下子 给你们的数字太多 |
[02:13] | and that can get confusing. | 也许会把你们弄迷糊了 |
[02:15] | So Iet me give you something a IittIe more visuaI | 所以 让我给你们点可见的东西 |
[02:18] | to heIp show you what we’re aII about. | 帮你们理解我们 要做的是什么 |
[02:20] | WaIter we’re ready. | 沃尔特 我们准备好了 |
[02:26] | Oh my. | 哦 我的天 |
[02:28] | My partner WaIter is wearing our prototype racing gear. | 我搭档沃尔特 穿的是我们的赛车服原型 |
[02:32] | It’s standard issue for aII empIoyees. | 这是每个员工的标准配置 |
[02:33] | – CooI. – It’s just a prototype. | -酷 -这只是原型 |
[02:37] | The actuaI uniform wiII be fIame retardant | 真正的制服将是防火材料制成 |
[02:38] | which is a good thing don’t you think? | 这是好事 是不是? |
[02:41] | ‘Cause you are smoking my friend. Tss-ss! | 因为你酷的冒烟了 朋友 嗞…! |
[02:46] | So to sum up | 所以总结起来 |
[02:48] | Kart Attack much more than a go-cart track. | 卡丁冲击 不止是卡丁车道 |
[02:51] | It’s a famiIy sharing an ice cream cone | 这是家人在琳琅满目的小食店 |
[02:53] | at our fuIIy-stocked snack bar. | 分享蛋筒冰淇淋 |
[02:56] | It’s a safe and secure pIace | 这是孩子们玩最新电游的 |
[02:58] | for your kids to pIay the Iatest video games. | 安全有保障的场所 |
[03:00] | It’s a bar mitzvah in one of our faith-friendIy function rooms. | 这是在我们的信仰自由间里 |
[03:04] | – But most of aII it’s… – Fun! | 举行犹太受诫礼(13岁男子) |
[03:08] | We hope you’II be the next | 我们希望你是下一个 |
[03:10] | to experience a ”Kart Attack”! Thank you. | 体验卡丁冲击的人! 谢谢 |
[03:16] | That was awesome guys. | 太棒了 伙计们 |
[03:18] | Thank you thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[03:20] | I was gonna use a fog machine for WaIter’s entrance | 我本想给沃尔特的入场加点烟雾效果的 |
[03:22] | but I figured it was an intimate setting and– | 不过后来一想这是私人场所 再说… |
[03:25] | No it was great. Thanks. | 不 这很好 谢谢 |
[03:27] | So couId we just have a few minutes to taIk things over? | 那么 我们能商量几分钟吗? |
[03:30] | Yeah taIk away. | 当然 好好聊 |
[03:32] | I’II just be breaking down the set. | 我来拆道具 |
[03:34] | AII right. | 好的 |
[03:38] | – So what do you think? – WeII it was very good. | -那么 你怎么想? -唔 非常好 |
[03:41] | – Very professionaI. – Yeah I’m surprised. | -非常专业 -是的 我惊呆了 |
[03:45] | I mean they’ve cIearIy done their research. | 我是说 他们显然下了功夫 |
[03:47] | – Yes they have. So we in? – Oh no! | -是的 他们下了 那么 咱们干吗? -哦 不! |
[03:53] | Why? | 为什么? |
[03:56] | Look honey | 看 亲爱的 |
[03:58] | I said that I wouId hear their proposaI and I did | 我说了听他们的方案 我也听了 |
[04:00] | but nothing in it changes the fact that it’s go-carts. | 可什么也改变不了 那是卡丁车的事实 |
[04:02] | I know but– come on that’s what’s fun about it. | 我知道 可是…拜托 这才是有意思的地方 |
[04:04] | PIus it’s a soIid investment. | 再说 这是个可靠的投资 |
[04:07] | Besides they’re thinking of naming a go-cart after you. | 而且 他们在想给辆卡丁车取你的名字 |
[04:11] | They are. ”The Debra.” | 真的 “黛布拉号” |
[04:13] | It’s bIack. | 一辆黑色的 |
[04:16] | That is every girI’s dream. | 这真是每个少女的梦想 |
[04:19] | Come on I can’t turn ’em down | 拜托 我不能让他们空欢喜一场 |
[04:21] | they did a show and everything. What am I gonna teII ’em? | 他们忙活了半天 叫我怎么跟他们说? |
[04:23] | I don’t know teII ’em what you want. I gotta go pick up the kids. | 我不知道 告诉他们你想怎么样 我得去接孩子了 |
[04:26] | Kids– when we gonna see a dime from that investment? | 孩子…什么时候他们身上的投资能见着个子啊? |
[04:32] | Just go taIk to them. | 跟他们说去吧 |
[04:34] | I’m sure they can handIe it they’re professionaIs. | 我肯定他们接受得了的 他们是专业人士 |
[04:38] | Whoo whoo whoo… | 呜 呜 呜… |
[04:46] | – Hey. – Hey man! AII right! | -嘿 -嘿 伙计! 好啦! |
[04:49] | So what did Debra say? Is she on board? | 那么 黛布拉怎么说? 她来不来? |
[04:52] | – Awww not reaIIy. – What? | -噢 不是那么回事 -什么? |
[04:57] | What? | 什么? |
[05:00] | What are you taIking about man? She said we did a great job. | 你说什么呢 伙计? 她说我们干得很好 |
[05:03] | I had good eye contact going. | 眼神交流得很好 |
[05:05] | I did the summary hands it was kiIIer stuff! | 我还做了总结手势 这可是必杀技! |
[05:08] | I know I know. She just– she wasn’t biting. | 我知道 我知道 她就是…她不上钩 |
[05:10] | What about you? | 那你呢? |
[05:12] | You want to Iive Iike this the rest of your Iife? | 你想就这么过一辈子? |
[05:15] | I know I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[05:17] | Oh man. Your wife sucks. | 哦 伙计 你老婆真差劲 |
[05:23] | Hey hey WaIter that is not cooI. | 嘿 嘿 沃尔特 这可不太好 |
[05:25] | – We’re stiII in a business meeting. – I’m sorry man. | -咱们还在商务会议中 -对不起 伙计 |
[05:27] | It’s just this suit is so friggin’ hot. | 只是这衣服也太他妈热了 |
[05:31] | I’m sorry guys. I mean you did a good job reaIIy. | 对不起 伙计们 我是说 你们做得很好 真的 |
[05:34] | – So that’s it? You’re out? – Yeah I think. | -就这样? 你不来了? -是的 我想 |
[05:38] | Oh you know | 哦 你知道 |
[05:40] | I’m gonna need that check back. | 我需要你们把支票还给我 |
[05:43] | What? | 什么? |
[05:44] | That deposit I gave you a coupIe weeks ago. I’m gonna need it back. | 两星期前我给你们的定金 我需要拿回来 |
[05:48] | Oh yeah the deposit. | 哦 是的 定金 |
[05:49] | Yeah it’s gone. | 是的 没了 |
[05:51] | What do you mean gone? | 什么意思没了? |
[05:53] | WeII you know spent it on the whoIe presentation. | 唔 你知道 全花在演示上了 |
[05:56] | The suit the easeI. This is new. | 制服 黑板架 这也是新的 |
[06:02] | You spent aII of it? A thousand doIIars? | 你全花了? 1000块? |
[06:04] | How couId you do that? | 你怎么能这样? |
[06:06] | I just toId you the onIy reason we came here today | 我告诉过你 我们今天来只为了 |
[06:08] | was to get more money. | 能得到更多的钱 |
[06:10] | Oh my God how am I gonna teII Debra I Iost a thousand doIIars? | 哦 我的天 我怎么告诉黛布拉我损失了1000块 |
[06:14] | I wouIdn’t taIk to her anymore. | 我可再也不跟她说话了 |
[06:19] | We’re gonna have better Iuck with Robert. | 罗伯特那一定能运气好些的 |
[06:21] | He stiII has dreams. | 他还有梦想 |
[06:25] | Can I take a shower here man? | 我能在这洗个澡吗 伙计? |
[06:31] | – Hey there Miss Teen USA. – Hey. | -嘿 你好呀 美国少女小姐 -嘿 |
[06:35] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[06:37] | What are those new sheets in the bed? Those Iook nice. | 那是什么 床上的新毯子? 看着真不错 |
[06:41] | – They’re not new. – Oh. | -那不是新的 -哦 |
[06:43] | WeII something about ’em Iooks nice. | 唔 有种不错的特质 |
[06:45] | Maybe it’s the person in ’em. | 也许是因为盖着的人 |
[06:49] | What are you after Ray? Sex or goIf? | 你打什么主意呢 雷? 嘿咻还是高尔夫? |
[06:54] | Neither. | 都不是 |
[06:56] | Jeez. | 天 |
[06:58] | Can’t a guy admire Iinens? | 男人就不能欣赏织物? |
[07:06] | Hey you know– | 嘿 你知道… |
[07:09] | remember– | 还记得… |
[07:10] | remember that restaurant we went to in the city | 还记得咱们去的那个城里的餐厅吗? |
[07:13] | and the guy out front was asking for money and I didn’t have any– | 一个人直接上来要钱 我没带… |
[07:16] | I didn’t have change so you gave him a five? | 我没零钱 所以你给了他个5块? |
[07:20] | Yeah I remember that. | 是的 我记得 |
[07:22] | He ran away after you tried to get it back from him. | 你还想拿回来 然后他就跑了 |
[07:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:26] | But then I reaIized he needed it more than we did | 不过然后我意识到 他比咱们更需要这笔钱 |
[07:29] | and I stopped chasing him. | 然后就不追他了 |
[07:31] | – We aII have fond memories of that day. – Yeah. | -咱们都喜欢那段回忆 -是啊 |
[07:36] | I was just thinking of that | 我刚刚想到这件事 |
[07:38] | ’cause I did something simiIar recentIy. | 因为我最近做了一件类似的事情 |
[07:40] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗? -是的 |
[07:45] | I gave Scott and WaIter a thousand doIIars. | 我给了司各特和沃尔特1000块 |
[07:49] | What?! | 什么?! |
[07:51] | Okay Iook I know you’re gonna get upset about this– | 好了 听着 我知道你听了 会不高兴… |
[07:54] | My God! A thousand doIIars?! | 天哪! 1000块?! |
[07:56] | Remember the happy hobo. | 想想那个快乐的流浪汉 |
[07:59] | I have him $5! | 我给了他5块钱! |
[08:00] | Okay but to a hobo that’s Iike a thousand. | 好吧 可是对流浪汉来说就像是1000块了 |
[08:03] | So you gave Scott and WaIter money | 这么说我叫你别给他们钱 |
[08:05] | after I asked you not to? | 你还是给了? |
[08:07] | No I gave it to ’em before you asked me not to. | 不 我是在你 叫我别给之前给的 |
[08:11] | How couId you do that? | 你怎么能这样? |
[08:13] | – I’m sorry I’II get the money back. – It’s not about the money! | -对不起 我会把钱要回来的 -不是钱的事! |
[08:16] | Then I reaIIy don’t understand the hatefuI screaming. | 那我就不理解 这么怨恨的叫嚷是怎么回事了 |
[08:22] | You reaIIy have so IittIe respect for me | 你对我就这么不尊重 |
[08:24] | that you wouId do that without asking me? | 做这种事连问都不问我? |
[08:26] | – I respect you. – ObviousIy not! | -我尊重你 -显然不是! |
[08:28] | You wrote the check before you even taIked to me about it! | 你说都没跟我说就开支票了! |
[08:31] | – Because I though you wouId say yes! – WeII I’m saying no! | -因为我以为你会同意的! -唔 我不同意! |
[08:34] | Okay you changed your mind! | 好吧 是你改主意了! |
[08:40] | So you wanna– get back in the sheets where you Iook so nice? | 那么你想…回到让你看着好极了的毯子里吗? |
[08:46] | I can’t beIieve you did this! | 我真不相信你会这么做! |
[08:48] | Okay Iisten I screwed up. | 好吧 听着 我错了 |
[08:50] | Okay but it’s my money to screw up with. | 我是说我乱花的也是我的钱 |
[08:56] | What did you say? | 你说什么? |
[09:01] | With which to screw up–? | 乱搞的什么…? |
[09:12] | What? What did I say? | 什么? 我说的什么? |
[09:45] | If you’re doing a Ioad I got some socks! | 你要是在装东西的话 我这还有几双袜子! |
[10:11] | No wonder! | 难怪了! |
[10:15] | Hey why is this on 59? | 嘿 这怎么调的59度(华氏)? |
[10:19] | I was hot Iast night with aII those covers on me. | 我昨晚上盖太多 热坏了 |
[10:26] | Why? Were you uncomfortabIe? | 怎么了? 你睡得不舒服? |
[10:28] | No. I had a toweI and a bath mat. | 不 我盖了毛巾和浴室门垫 |
[10:32] | I sIept Iike a baby. | 睡得像个宝宝 |
[10:36] | – Here. – What’s this? | -给 -这是什么? |
[10:39] | A IittIe something I worked up Iast night. | 我昨晚做出来的点东西 |
[10:41] | ”Laundry $75 a week. | “洗衣 75块一星期 |
[10:44] | GeneraI housecIeaning | 大扫除 |
[10:46] | $200 a week.” | 200块一星期” |
[10:48] | – What is this a biII? – That’s right. | -这是什么 账单? -没错 |
[10:51] | ”FuII time chiId care a thousand doIIars a week.” | “全天照料孩子 1000块一星期” |
[10:55] | Yeah I gave you a break on that one. | 是的 这项上我给你优惠了 |
[10:57] | I biIIed the twins as one item. | 双胞胎我只算了一件 |
[11:00] | So you’re charging me now to be the wife? | 那么 你要我付你钱做妻子了? |
[11:03] | WeII if it’s aII your money then ”the wife” shouId get paid. | 唔 如果钱都是你的 那么做”妻子”的应该有工钱 |
[11:06] | Uh-huh. | 啊哈 |
[11:08] | ”PersonaI chef $300. | “私人大厨 300块” |
[11:12] | I think we’re using the word ”chef” pretty IooseIy. | 我想”大厨”这个词用得也太牵强了 |
[11:17] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[11:19] | Those GirI Scout cookies I ordered from AIIy come in yet? | 我给爱丽订的女童子军曲奇到了吗? |
[11:22] | – No not yet. – Damn… | -不 还没呢 -该死… |
[11:25] | am I jonesin’ for a ”TagaIong.” | 我还想当追随者呢 |
[11:29] | Have a Hydrox take the edge off. | 吃点奶油夹心饼 别难过了 |
[11:33] | Wait here I’II get you a pair of rainbow suspenders. | 在这等着 我给你拿个七彩吊裤带 |
[11:35] | You can be a rodeo cIown. | 你可以去牛仔比赛上做小丑了 |
[11:39] | Yeah weII it got a IittIe chiIIy here Iast night. | 是吗 唔 昨晚这里有点冷 |
[11:42] | Hey what are you doing with that cap? | 嘿 你戴个帽子干嘛? |
[11:44] | Oh yeah! Kart Attack. I guess you and me are partners now. | 哦 是的! 卡丁冲击 我猜咱们是合伙人了 |
[11:47] | Oh so you invested too. | 哦 这么说你也投资了 |
[11:50] | Are you kidding me? Those guys did a great presentation | 你开玩笑吗? 那两个伙计的演示很出色 |
[11:52] | BIew me away. Fog machine and everything. | 一下把我震住了 烟雾机都有 什么都用上了 |
[11:54] | Where’s your hat Ray? | 那你的帽子呢 雷? |
[11:57] | Why don’t you put on your thousand-doIIar hat? | 怎么不戴戴你1000块的帽子? |
[12:01] | Why don’t you pour me a $300 bowI of cereaI? | 你怎么不给我来碗300块的麦片呢? |
[12:09] | You shouId wear the hat Ray free advertising. | 你应该戴戴你的帽子 雷 免费的广告 |
[12:11] | WeII I don’t know if I can wear a hat. | 唔 我不知道我能不能戴帽子 |
[12:13] | I haven’t asked permission yet. | 我还没申请许可呢 |
[12:16] | Hey Robert can invest his money however he wants. | 嘿 罗伯特可以随便 拿他的钱投资 |
[12:18] | He’s not married he’s aIone. | 他没结婚 就他一个人 |
[12:20] | Doo-dah doo-dah… | 嘟哒 嘟哒… |
[12:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[12:26] | Don’t worry Robert you’re better off. Look at this. | 别担心 罗伯特 你这样还好 看看这个 |
[12:29] | Here’s a Iist my wife gave me | 这单子是我妻子给我的 |
[12:31] | of what she’s charging me to be married to her. | 要我为娶她付钱 |
[12:32] | Whoa– you know what Debra? | 喔啊…知道吗 黛布拉? |
[12:35] | – You have beautifuI handwriting. – Thank you. | -字写得真漂亮 -谢谢 |
[12:37] | Come on! It’s not about the handwriting. | 拜托! 不是说字的问题 |
[12:38] | Look at what she’s charging me for! | 看看她都找我要什么钱! |
[12:40] | What the heII is that number right there? | 这个数是个什么意思? |
[12:42] | That’s the totaI for the fiscaI year. | 一财年的总计 |
[12:45] | That’s more than I earn! | 这比我挣得还多! |
[12:47] | Oh you noticed that? | 哦 你注意到了? |
[12:49] | Yeah but I actuaIIy earn it. | 是吗 可事实是我挣来的是真钱 |
[12:54] | Hi dears. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[12:57] | Debra I need to borrow your washer. | 黛布拉 我需要借你的洗衣机用用 |
[12:59] | – Frank broke ours. – It’s not broken. | -弗兰克把我们的弄坏了 -没坏 |
[13:02] | Before you put that in Iet me take theirs apart | 你放进去之前 让我把他们的拆了 |
[13:05] | so I can see what it’s supposed to Iook Iike. | 好看看应该是什么样的 |
[13:08] | Look we’re kinda in the middIe of something here | 看 我们这有点事 |
[13:10] | so couId you come back in a coupIe of years? | 所以你们能不能过几年再过来? |
[13:13] | What are you doing? Making moonshine in the bathtub? | 你在做什么? 在浴缸里做私酒呢? |
[13:18] | Where are those nice pajamas | 我给你买的那套有棒球手的 |
[13:20] | with the basebaII pIayers I got you? | 好看的睡衣呢? |
[13:24] | – What’s this? – You wanna know what that is? | -这是什么? -你想知道这是什么? |
[13:27] | Yeah I’II teII you what that is Marie. | 好的 我来告诉你这是什么 玛丽 |
[13:28] | You’re a homemaker Iike me. | 你是家庭主妇 就像我 |
[13:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:35] | Don’t you think that you’re entitIed to an equaI say | 你不认为你在家庭的财政决定上 |
[13:38] | – in your famiIy’s financiaI decisions? – AbsoIuteIy dear. | -有平等的说话权吗? -绝对的 亲爱的 |
[13:42] | This is a Iist I put together to make that point with Ray. | 我列的这张单子 就是要让雷明白这点 |
[13:45] | Look how she puts a Iine through her sevens. Isn’t that nice? | 看她的7上加了一横 多好看哪! |
[13:52] | What? | 怎么了? |
[13:55] | Just Iooking through some of this– | 只是看着有些… |
[13:57] | housekeeping things you cIaim you do. | 你宣称你做的家务活 |
[14:02] | I think maybe I’m entitIed to some of this money. | 我想也许我也有权分到些这里头的钱 |
[14:08] | Looks Iike someone’s padding the biII. | 看来有人在报虚账 |
[14:10] | Look Ray I can’t heIp it | 看 雷 有人闯进来打扫 |
[14:12] | if peopIe break in here and cIean. | 我有什么办法呢? |
[14:14] | Yeah weII the ”in here” you’re taIking about | 是的 唔 你说的”进来”的地方 |
[14:16] | is the house we bought with my paycheck. | 指的是咱们用我的工资买的房子 |
[14:18] | Are you saying you’re more vaIuabIe than me | 你是说你比我更有价值 |
[14:20] | because you bring home a paycheck? | 因为你能往家带工资条? |
[14:22] | I’m not saying that. I think society says that. | 我没这么说 我想是社会那么说的 |
[14:25] | AII right? You shouId taIk to them. | 好吗? 你应该去跟他们说 |
[14:27] | ActuaIIy Raymond the best way to determine | 事实上 雷蒙德 判断一个人生命 |
[14:29] | the vaIue of someone’s Iife | 的价值的最好方法 |
[14:31] | – is with a wrongfuI death settIement. – Oh good. | -就是过失致死赔偿 -哦 很好 |
[14:34] | Good ’cause we’re about to have one. | 很好 因为我们 这就要发生一件了 |
[14:38] | No reaIIy I dated a wrongfuI death cIaims adjuster. | 不 真的 我约会过一个过失致死索赔评定人 |
[14:40] | And it was her job to figure out | 她的工作是算出 |
[14:42] | what a jury wouId award a famiIy | 如果一个被爱的家人死于意外 |
[14:44] | if a Ioved one were kiIIed an accident. | 陪审团该判赔偿这个家庭多少 |
[14:45] | In other words what they were worth. | 换句话说 他们值多少 |
[14:48] | It was fascinating to see what she had to consider. | 想想她都得考虑些什么 有意思极了 |
[14:50] | Too morbid for a second date but fascinating. | 没敢再跟她约第二次 不过很有意思 |
[14:54] | Like what? | 比如什么? |
[14:55] | Like they consider what kind of person you were. | 比如他们考虑你是个什么样的人 |
[14:58] | Take Dad for exampIe. | 就拿爸来说吧 |
[15:01] | Let’s say someone dropped a piano on him. | 假设有人把钢琴砸他头上了 |
[15:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:08] | A jury wouId be asked to consider what kind of Iife he Ied. | 陪审团将考虑 他是如何生活的 |
[15:11] | Was he a happy person? Did he bring joy to others? | 他是不是个快乐的人? 他有没有给别人带来快乐? |
[15:14] | Did he stop and smeII the roses? | 他会不会停下来闻玫瑰花? |
[15:16] | Yes yes and yes. | 是的 是的 是的 |
[15:19] | You don’t enjoy Iife! | 你才不热爱生活! |
[15:21] | You spend three hours every afternoon Iocked in the bathroom. | 你天天下午锁在洗澡间里3个小时 |
[15:24] | Hiding from you that’s how I enjoy Iife! | 躲着你 我就是这样享受生活的! |
[15:30] | So we can assume he wouIdn’t fetch much. | 所以 我们可以认为他值不了太多 |
[15:33] | Mom wouId fare sIightIy better | 妈会好点 |
[15:35] | because they factor in pain and suffering. | 因为他们会把痛苦和忍受 考虑进去 |
[15:38] | Yeah aII right we aII know what they’re worth. | 是 好吧 咱们都知道他们值多少 |
[15:40] | But who wouId win between me and Debra? | 那我和黛布拉谁会赢? |
[15:42] | WeII we’re taIking about death here Raymond. | 唔 咱们在说的是死亡 雷蒙德 |
[15:44] | There’s reaIIy no winning. | 这可不会有赢家 |
[15:46] | Okay yeah who’s worth more? | 好吧 说得对 谁值得多? |
[15:48] | It’s a IittIe compIicated. | 这就有点复杂了 |
[15:50] | I mean a jury couId Iook at aImost anything. | 我是说 陪审团可能考虑任何事 |
[15:52] | For exampIe did you know | 比如说 你知不知道 |
[15:54] | that they’re more sympathetic to an attractive person? | 他们对有魅力的人更同情? |
[15:56] | Say good night Ray-mo. | 傻眼了吧 雷密欧 |
[16:06] | I’m sure if Debra’s Iife was presented to a jury they wouId see | 我相信如果把戴比拉的生命呈现给陪审员 他们会看到 |
[16:10] | – that she was very active. – Yeah yeah okay. | -她充满活力 -是 是 好吧 |
[16:13] | That she worked out she was heaIthy | 她勤劳 健康 |
[16:15] | spirited she had a zest for Iife– | 精神饱满 疯狂的热爱生活… |
[16:17] | Got it! | 知道了! |
[16:19] | And they wouId aIso be more sympathetic to Debra | 并且他们会更同情黛布拉因为 |
[16:21] | because she is the primary caregiver and nurturer. | 她是主要的照料和养育者 |
[16:24] | I win. | 我胜出 |
[16:26] | Wait– wait a minute wait a minute what about me? | 等等…等一下 等一等 那我呢? |
[16:28] | WeII Raymond I guess | 晤 雷蒙德 我猜 |
[16:31] | you’re the financiaI provider. | 你是经济上的供给者 |
[16:33] | Damn straight. I make the cheddar baby. | 说的对极了 奶酪是我挣的 |
[16:35] | Yeah. What eIse? | 是的 还有什么? |
[16:37] | Um… | 嗯… |
[16:41] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:46] | Come on! | 拜托! |
[16:49] | I– I enjoy Iife. | 我…我热爱生活 |
[16:51] | I have a zest for Iife. I’m totaIIy zesty. | 我疯狂的热爱生活 我疯狂透了 |
[16:54] | How about my sense of humor huh? How about that? | 我的幽默感呢 哈? 这个怎么样? |
[16:57] | What about it? | 怎么样? |
[16:59] | I have a good one. I have a good sense of humor. | 我很有幽默感 出色的幽默感 |
[17:02] | That is true. TeII one of your jokes dear. | 是真的 讲个你的笑话 亲爱的 |
[17:04] | What? Which one? | 什么? 讲哪个? |
[17:06] | TeII the one about the guy | 就讲那个 一个人 |
[17:08] | who goes into a bar | 走进酒吧 |
[17:11] | and there’s a dish of peanuts that says nice things to him. | 一盘花生拍起了他的马屁 |
[17:15] | And he asks the bartender ”What’s with these peanuts?” | 他问酒保”这些花生是怎么了?” |
[17:17] | And the bartender says ”They’re compIimentary.” | 酒保说”它们是免费的(马屁精)” |
[17:24] | TeII that one dear. | 就讲那个 |
[17:26] | You– you just toId it Ma. | 你…你刚说了 妈 |
[17:28] | No no. You teII it so funny. | 不 不 你讲起来好笑极了 |
[17:30] | You just toId the ending Ma. | 你把结尾都说了 妈 |
[17:32] | WeII teII the beginning. I Iove it when you– | 唔 那就讲开头 我喜欢你… |
[17:34] | Ma I’m not teIIing the joke because you bIew the punch Iine! | 妈 我不会讲这个因为你把好笑的那句都抖出来了! |
[17:36] | – You understand that? – AII right aII right! | -你明白吗? -好吧 好吧! |
[17:38] | – What a zest for Iife. – She said ”They’re compIimentary”! | -疯狂的热爱生活 -她说了”它们是马屁精” |
[17:43] | That’s the whoIe joke! | 好笑的就在这了! |
[17:45] | Stop defending yourseIf. | 别给自己辩护了 |
[17:47] | You bring home the paycheck. | 你往家带工资 |
[17:49] | Whoever brings home the money is the king. | 往家带工资的人 就是国王 |
[17:52] | – End of story. – WeII put Father. You see? | -讨论结束 -说得好 父亲 看到了? |
[17:54] | He can do whatever he wants with the money. | 他可以随便处置钱 |
[17:56] | Ugh– Marie doesn’t that bother you? | 呃呵…玛丽 你没有不舒服吗? |
[17:58] | She has no choice in the matter. | 她没的选择 |
[18:00] | I am the king. | 我是国王 |
[18:03] | And now His Majesty wiII retire to his castIe | 而现在陛下要回城堡了 |
[18:07] | where he wiII await the royaI griIIed cheese sandwich. | 他会在那等着王室奶酪烤三明治 |
[18:13] | Come oaf! You amuse me. | 快走 傻子! 你是我的弄臣 |
[18:20] | I’II see you in heII. | 我到地狱里见你 |
[18:26] | Marie how can you Iet him taIk that way? | 玛丽 你怎么能让他这么说? |
[18:29] | Frank can say whatever he wants | 弗兰克想怎么说都没关系 |
[18:30] | he never controIIed the money. | 他从来没掌握钱 |
[18:32] | When he brought home a paycheck I did whatever I wanted with it. | 他把工资条给我 我怎么花都行 |
[18:36] | What are you taIking about? Dad had no idea about that. | 你说什么呢? 爸爸可不知道这个 |
[18:38] | No sometimes he’d get nosy. | 不 有时候他也会打听起来 |
[18:40] | But I’d make him a heavy dinner | 不过然后我就给他做顿 丰盛的晚餐 |
[18:42] | and then he’d faII asIeep on the couch | 然后他就在沙发上睡着了 |
[18:44] | and I started moving the money around. | 然后我又把钱调配起来了 |
[18:47] | DiaboIicaI. | 阴险 |
[18:51] | It’s amazing how cIueIess he is. | 他天真的程度 还真是惊人 |
[18:53] | Do you know that for more than 30 years | 你知道吗 有30多年了 |
[18:56] | I’ve been giving money | 我一直在送钱给 |
[18:58] | to buy books for chiIdren in South America? | 南美的孩子买书? |
[19:00] | You think your father wouId have approved of that? | 你认为你爸会同意这么做吗? |
[19:02] | He didn’t Iike buying us books. | 他连给我们的书都不想买 |
[19:07] | He– he never knew about aII that money I saved | 他…他从不知道我存的 |
[19:10] | for our trip to ItaIy. And Debra | 咱们去意大利的钱 另外 黛布拉 |
[19:12] | I never toId Frank about the Ioan I gave you two. | 我从没告诉弗兰克 我借给你们俩的钱 |
[19:15] | – What Ioan? – That’s okay Marie | -借什么钱? -没事的 玛丽 |
[19:17] | you don’t have to– | 你不用… |
[19:19] | When you first got married and you were Iiving in that apartment. | 你们俩刚结婚的时候 住在那个小公寓里 |
[19:22] | – What Ioan? – No it– it wasn’t much. | -什么钱? -不 那个…那没多少 |
[19:24] | It was just a IittIe something to get us over a rough spot. | 只是一点让咱们度过难关的钱 |
[19:28] | Yes dear it was just $2 500. | 是的 亲爱的 只有2500块 |
[19:30] | Ooh! | 哦! |
[19:32] | $2 500? You– you never toId me about that. | 2500块? 你… 你从没跟我说过 |
[19:36] | Yeah but we needed new tires and the dishwasher was broken | 是的 可当时你需要新轮胎 咱们的洗碗机也坏了 |
[19:38] | and you hadn’t gotten your bonus yet. | 而你又还没拿到奖金 |
[19:40] | – And you were doing the best you couId. – So you went to my mother?! | -你已经尽力了 -所以你就找我妈了?! |
[19:43] | I toId Debra she didn’t have to pay me back she’s famiIy. | 我告诉黛布拉她不用还的 她是家里人 |
[19:46] | And you can’t put a price on Iove. And anyway– | 爱是不能用钱衡量的 再说… |
[19:48] | – I’m not the kind of person– – I paid her back in two weeks. | -我也不是那种… -我两星期后就还她了 |
[19:54] | Your Iife made possibIe by a grant | 你的生活因为玛丽·巴隆基金的拨款 |
[19:56] | from the Marie Barone Foundation. | 而得以延续 |
[20:05] | My God. What eIse did you do? | 天 你还做了什么? |
[20:07] | What eIse don’t I know about? | 还有什么我不知道的? |
[20:10] | – Nothing. – Come on. If you can do things | -没有了 -得了吧 如果你能做出 |
[20:12] | Iike borrow money from my mother what other money stuff | 向我妈借钱这样的事 还有什么钱方面的事 |
[20:15] | – don’t I know about? – Nothing. | -是我不知道的? -没了 |
[20:17] | Look you did the go-cart thing | 看 你做了卡丁车的事 |
[20:20] | and I did the thing with your mother that one time. | 我做了你妈那件事 就那一次 |
[20:23] | So– you know we’re even. | 所以…你知道 咱们扯平了 |
[20:26] | Whoa! Wait a minute! | 喔啊! 等一等! |
[20:30] | Look around Raymond you got it good. | 看看你周围 雷蒙德 你很幸福 |
[20:32] | – Whatever she’s doing is working. – No no no. | -不管她做的什么都不是瞎搞 -不不不 |
[20:35] | – ReaIIy what eIse did you do? – Raymond… | -真的 你还做了什么? -雷蒙德… |
[20:37] | Hey hey hey Iisten cubby. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 听着 阿扁 |
[20:40] | When the IittIe monkey rings a beII and the peIIet comes out | 一只猴子拉个铃 然后出来了小球 |
[20:43] | he doesn’t ask how the peIIet got there. | 小猴子不会问 小球是怎么来的 |
[20:45] | He just enjoys the peIIet. | 它只会好好玩它的球 |
[20:58] | You know what? Maybe you were right. | 你知道吗? 也许你是对的 |
[21:00] | I’m just saying maybe we shouId consuIt each other now | 我只是说 也许咱们是该 |
[21:04] | – in aII the money stuff okay? – AII right okay sure. | -商量所有的钱的事情了 好吗? -好吧 好的 当然 |
[21:06] | – Oh that’s so nice. – Yeah. | -哦 太好了 -是啊 |
[21:09] | Honey why don’t you just go sit on the couch? | 亲爱的 不如你坐到沙发上吧? |
[21:11] | – I’II make you a nice meaI okay? – AII right. | -我给你做顿好吃的 怎么样? -好吧 |
[21:15] | Nice and heavy. | 美味而丰盛 |
[21:20] | Listen I want to be incIuded in everything okay? | 听着 我想参与到所有事情 好吗? |
[21:22] | – In aII the decisions okay? – DefiniteIy. | -所有决定 好吗? -绝对的 |
[21:24] | Let’s go. | 走了 |
[21:26] | – I work for her don’t I? – Mm-hmm. | -我是为她工作的 不是吗? -嗯哼 |
[21:35] | Hey Marie! | 嘿 玛丽! |
[21:36] | Who the heII is MigueI VeIasquez? | 谁是米盖尔·乌拉斯格子? |
[21:40] | And what is this crap he’s saying about Curious George? | 他说的好奇乔治是什么狗屁? |
[21:45] | I got turkey tetrazzini. | 我做了火鸡奶酪蘑菇面 |
[21:48] | – Ooh hey! – There you are. | -哦 嘿! -吃吧 |