时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Okay. All right. Fine, guys. | 好吧。没关系,伙计们 |
[00:06] | You win. Stay up forever! | 你们赢了。永远呆在上面吧! |
[00:10] | I tell you what. | 我告诉你们 |
[00:11] | I’m not gonna sing you any more lullabies. | 我再也不给你们 唱摇篮曲了 |
[00:13] | Okay! | 好的! |
[00:15] | Oh, yeah. Funny. How about I call Santa, | 哦,是。有意思。 我打电话给圣诞公公 |
[00:18] | tell him how funny you guys are? | 告诉他们 你们多有趣怎么样? |
[00:22] | Santa calls the Easter Bunny, he calls the Tooth Fairy. | 圣诞公公打给复活节兔子, 他再打给牙仙 |
[00:25] | I don’t gotta buy squat. | 我连个屁都不用买了 |
[00:28] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[00:30] | Oh, my God. How long was this meeting? | 哦,我的天。 这个会开了多久? |
[00:32] | It ended at 8:00, but I stayed after to talk. | 8点结束的。 不过我待着说了会话 |
[00:35] | You know, here’s the thing about the twins. | 你知道,双胞胎有点事 |
[00:37] | I know that I’m supposed to love them, | 我知道我应该爱他们的 |
[00:40] | but why do they make it so freakin’ hard? | 可为什么他们要 弄得这么难呢? |
[00:45] | Listen, listen, Ray, it was such a great meeting. | 听着,听着,雷, 这是个非常棒的会 |
[00:48] | Remember all those ideas I had about fundraising and the readathon? | 还记得我的那些 筹款和读书马拉松的点子吗? |
[00:51] | It was amazing. I was talking, and all these people | 太惊人了。我在那说, 然后所有人 |
[00:53] | were really interested in what I had to say. | 对我要说的话都非常感兴趣 |
[00:55] | The problem is, the twins… they know I have to love them. | 问题在于,双胞胎…… 他们知道我必须爱他们 |
[00:58] | They use that love against me. | 他们利用这种爱来对付我 |
[01:00] | You know what? I can’t anymore. | 你知道吗?我不行了 |
[01:02] | All these people want me to run for president. | 这些人都想要我竞选董事长 |
[01:04] | What people? | 什么人? |
[01:06] | The people at the school. | 在学校的人 |
[01:08] | They want me to run for president of the school governing board. | 他们希望我竞选董事会的董事长 |
[01:10] | Isn’t that fantastic? | 这是不是棒极了? |
[01:12] | Wha… | 什…… |
[01:15] | There’s an election next week, | 下星期有个选举, |
[01:18] | and so far Bill Parker is running unopposed. | 目前为止比尔・帕克 都没有竞争者 |
[01:21] | – Parker. I hate that Parker. – Would you listen? | – 帕克。我很帕克那家伙 – 听着好吗? |
[01:23] | He stole our babysitter. | 他偷了咱们的保姆 |
[01:24] | I’m gonna do it, Ray. | 我决定要做,雷 |
[01:27] | Do what? | 做什么? |
[01:30] | Run for president. | 竞选董事长 |
[01:32] | – President of the school? – Yeah. | – 学校的董事长? – 是的 |
[01:35] | But that’s, like, a lot of meetings at night. | 可是,那样晚上就会有很多会了 |
[01:38] | This is the perfect thing for me. | 这对我是最美的事了 |
[01:41] | I’ve been waiting for something like this to get involved in, | 我一直在等着这样的事 好参与其中 |
[01:44] | where I can make a difference | 以改变现状 |
[01:46] | and use my brain and help people. | 用上我的脑子,以及帮助他人 |
[01:47] | I could make a good president. | 我可以成为很好的董事长 |
[01:49] | But you’re already president of this house. | 可是你已经是 这屋子的董事长了 |
[01:52] | We need you. | 我们需要你 |
[01:54] | Ask not what your house can do for you. | 不要问你的房子 能为你做什么 |
[01:57] | Tomorrow night, I want you to come with me. | 明天晚上, 我要你和我一起去 |
[01:59] | There’s a potluck dinner where all the parents | 会有一个各带食物的晚餐会, 好让所有家长 |
[02:01] | get to meet the people running for office. | 认识参与竞选的人 |
[02:04] | No no, I’m not crazy about people. | 不不,我对人可没什么狂热 |
[02:07] | Are you crazy about me? | 你对我狂热吗? |
[02:22] | Oh, boy. Here we are. | 哦,乖乖。咱们到了 |
[02:25] | I’ve never been to a political convention before. | 我以前还从没参加过 政治集会 |
[02:29] | Where are the hookers? | 小姐在哪? |
[02:30] | Ray, listen, do me a favor. | 雷,听着,帮我个忙 |
[02:32] | Try not to let everything that’s in here | 试试别让这里头的东西 |
[02:34] | come out here, could you? | 都从这出来,好吗? |
[02:36] | Yeah yeah. Let’s pretend I’m your secret service agent man. | 是是。咱们假装 我是你的秘密特工好了 |
[02:40] | I’ll follow you around like this… she’s on the move. | 我就这么跟着你…… 她在移动 |
[02:44] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[02:46] | Why don’t you pretend you’re here undercover as an adult? | 为什么你不假装 你在这装大人呢? |
[02:51] | That’s it. I’m changing my code name for you. | 好吧。就这样。 我替你换代号了 |
[02:54] | It used to be “Hot Mama.” You wanna know what it is now? | 本来是“辣妈咪”。 你想知道现在叫什么吗? |
[02:57] | – No. – “Groucho.” | – 不 – “Groucho(喜剧演员)” |
[02:59] | – Hello, Debra. – Hi, Bill. | – 哈喽,黛比拉 – 嗨,比尔 |
[03:02] | – Barone. – Parker. | – 巴伦 – 帕克 |
[03:05] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[03:06] | – Carrie. | – Carrie. – 卡丽 – 卡丽 |
[03:09] | What did you bring, Debra? | 你带了什么来,黛比拉? |
[03:11] | Just veggies and onion dip. | 就是些蔬菜和洋葱酱 |
[03:12] | How about you? | 你们呢? |
[03:14] | Beef tenderloin. | 牛里脊 |
[03:16] | Oh! Wow, huh? | 哦!喔,哈? |
[03:18] | Yeah, pretty fancy. | 是啊,真丰盛 |
[03:19] | Yeah, thanks to my lovely wife. | 是啊,都得感谢我 可爱的妻子 |
[03:22] | I’ll be getting in on some of that. | 我也要分一杯羹 |
[03:24] | The beef, I mean. | 牛肉,我指的是 |
[03:31] | Well… | 唔…… |
[03:34] | Good luck, and, uh, | 好运,还有,啊 |
[03:36] | may the best man or woman win. | 祝最好的男人或者女人胜出 |
[03:38] | No dirty tricks. | 不玩阴的 |
[03:45] | Hey, buddy. How ya doin’? | 嘿,伙计。你们好呀 |
[03:47] | I don’t have a chance. | 我没机会了 |
[03:48] | What, against Parker? | 什么,对帕克? |
[03:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:51] | That guy, he’s all with the blond hair | 那家伙,尽显摆他的 黄头发 |
[03:54] | and the teeth. | 还有一口白牙 |
[03:55] | We get it, all right? We got it. | 我们知道了,好吗? 我们明白 |
[03:59] | Look at you. Did you even shave today? | 看看你。 你今天不会胡子都没刮吧? |
[04:02] | What? Yeah, this morning. | 什么?刮了,今天早上 |
[04:04] | You’re all stubbly. Come over here. | 全是胡子茬。到这来 |
[04:05] | Look at your shirt. Tuck this in. | 看看你的衬衫。塞进去 |
[04:08] | Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! What? | 噢!噢!噢!噢! 干什么? |
[04:11] | Come on. Why? | 行了。干什么呢? |
[04:13] | Your appearance reflects on me. | 你的形象会影响我 |
[04:15] | Look how Carrie Parker is dressed. | 看看卡丽・帕克怎么穿的 |
[04:17] | Sorry. I didn’t know I was gonna be first lady. | 对不起。我不知道我要做 第一夫人 |
[04:21] | Here. Just take this over to the buffet table, okay? | 给。拿着这个去自助餐桌,好吗? |
[04:24] | Where are you going? | 你去哪? |
[04:25] | I’m gonna work the room by myself. | 我要应付这间屋子,一个人 |
[04:28] | Hi, Maureen. Stand up straight. | 嗨,莫琳。 站直点 |
[04:31] | Groucho. | |
[04:35] | Hey, how you doin’? Rock the vote. | 嘿,你好呀! 狂欢选举 |
[04:41] | Hey, anybody see the tenderloin? | 嘿,有人看到牛里脊吗? |
[04:43] | It’s all gone. | 没了 |
[04:44] | Wha… already? | 什……就没了? |
[04:46] | Oh, these people are animals. | 哦,这些人真是野兽 |
[04:50] | Look at this. Crackers. | 看看这个。脆饼 |
[04:52] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:55] | – What’s this? – Tabbouleh. | – 这是什么? – 塔布里(黎巴嫩式沙拉) |
[04:57] | If I saw this on the floor, | 告诉你,要让我看见这个在地上 |
[04:59] | I’d rub my dog’s nose in it. | 我会拿我的狗的鼻子擦两下 |
[05:03] | I made the tabbouleh. | 我做的塔布里 |
[05:08] | Hi, I’m Bill Parker. | 嗨,我是比尔・帕克 |
[05:19] | I hate this. | 我恨这个 |
[05:21] | Hey, I’m with you. | 嘿,我同意你的话 |
[05:22] | These potlucks, they’re always lame. | 这些个自带晚餐会, 总是这么逊 |
[05:25] | That’s why when I see the one good thing, I stock up. | 所以一见到那个好的, 我就多储备点 |
[05:28] | What’s that, the tenderloin? | 什么,牛里脊? |
[05:29] | You know it. | 你知道的 |
[05:31] | You want a bite? | 想要一口吗? |
[05:32] | No. Yeah, that’s nice of you, though. | 不。是啊,你的好意心领了 |
[05:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:36] | So, who you think’s gonna be president? | 那么,你觉得谁会成为董事长? |
[05:38] | Oh, it’s a tossup. | 哦,看天意了 |
[05:40] | Bill Parker sounds pretty good, | 比尔・帕克听起来不错 |
[05:41] | but I’ll probably vote for that Debra Barone. | 不过我可能会选 黛比拉・巴伦 |
[05:44] | Oh yeah? Why is that? | 哦是吗? 为什么? |
[05:45] | She’s got a nice little caboose. | 她的小屁股挺可爱 |
[05:56] | All right, attention, everybody. | 好了,请注意,各位 |
[05:58] | Would you all gather over here, please? | 全到这边来好吗? |
[06:00] | We’d like to get started. | 我们想开始了 |
[06:02] | Tenderloin. Excellent. | 牛里脊。棒极了 |
[06:07] | Uh, excuse me. | 呃,请原谅 |
[06:10] | Excuse me, can we have everybody, please? | 请原谅,所有人都过来,好吗? |
[06:18] | Everyone. | 每一位 |
[07:07] | – Daddy! – Go to sleep! | – 爸爸! – 去睡觉! |
[07:10] | I want water! | 我要喝水! |
[07:13] | No! No! | 不!不! |
[07:15] | First it’s water, then “Read me a story,” | 一开始要是水, 然后就是“给我读故事” |
[07:16] | then I fall asleep up there, | 然后我就在上面睡着了 |
[07:18] | and you’re down here watching wrestling. | 然后你们就下来看拳击 |
[07:20] | No! No water! | 不!没水喝! |
[07:22] | – Yes! Yes! – All right! | – 是的!是的! – 好极了! |
[07:25] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[07:26] | They pulled it out! The Knicks won! | 他们最后翻身了! 尼克斯赢了! |
[07:28] | The Knicks won! | 尼克斯赢了! |
[07:29] | Incredible game! | 难以置信的比赛! |
[07:31] | The Knicks were down 14 with three minutes left. | 尼克斯最后三分钟 还落后14分 |
[07:34] | Sprewell makes a gamewinning shot from 33 feet out at the buzzer. | Sprewell在结束蜂鸣器响着的时候 踢出了制胜的33英尺球 |
[07:37] | It was the best game of the year. | 本年度最好的比赛 |
[07:39] | Oh, man! | 哦,天! |
[07:40] | And you missed it. | 而你错过了 |
[07:45] | Come on! | 拜托! |
[07:46] | Tough break, cubby. | 真不幸, |
[07:50] | Hello, Raymond. | 哈喽,雷蒙德 |
[07:52] | Ma, what are you doing? | 妈,你干什么? |
[07:53] | I’m taking water to the children. | 我给孩子们送水去 |
[07:55] | I said no more water! | 我说了没水喝了! |
[07:57] | All right, Raymond. | 好吧,雷蒙德 |
[07:59] | But I would never deny my children water. | 不过我决不会拒绝 给我的孩子水喝 |
[08:03] | Well, Robert, I guess that explains | 唔,罗伯特,我想这就能解释 |
[08:05] | your bed-wetting problem. | 你的尿床问题了 |
[08:13] | You know, Raymond, to tell the truth, | 你知道,雷蒙德,跟你说实话 |
[08:15] | Debra should have put them to bed before she left. | 黛比拉应该在走之前 哄他们睡下 |
[08:18] | Yeah, well, tell her that. | 是的,唔,你去告诉她 |
[08:19] | No no no, don’t tell her that. | 不不不,别跟她那么说 |
[08:22] | When is she getting home? | 她什么时候回来? |
[08:23] | When they count all the votes. | 等他们把票数完了 |
[08:25] | I don’t know why you’re letting her waste her time with this crap. | 我不知道你为什么让她 在这种狗屁上浪费时间 |
[08:28] | No, Debra’s right. | 不,黛比拉是对的 |
[08:30] | She said it’s important | 她说父母参与孩子们的教育 |
[08:32] | for parents to get involved in their kids’ education. | 是很重要的 |
[08:34] | Blah blah blah blah blah blah. | 布拉布拉布拉布拉布拉 |
[08:38] | We never got involved in your education. | 我们从不牵扯你们的教育 |
[08:41] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[08:42] | Pa didn’t go in for all that fancy book-larnin’. | 爸对那种花哨的 读书活动没兴趣 |
[08:50] | What? What did I pay taxes for? | 怎么了?我交的税是干什么的? |
[08:53] | You think I had time to tell you what two plus two is? | 你以为我有时间 告诉你2加2是多少吗? |
[08:56] | If you took more interest, who knows how far I could have gone? | 你要是多感点兴趣的话, 谁知道我会得到什么呢? |
[09:00] | Four! | |
[09:03] | Two plus two is four! | 2加2等于4! |
[09:06] | Go get ’em, tiger! | 弄明白了,猛男(逮住它们,老虎)! |
[09:11] | I think it’s great, what Debra’s doing. | 我想这很棒,黛比拉做的事 |
[09:14] | You think everything she does is great. | 你觉得她做的所有事都很棒 |
[09:16] | Not everything. I think she’s a bad marrier. | 不是所有事。 我觉得她婚就结的很差 |
[09:20] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[09:21] | Here she is! | 她来了! |
[09:24] | I lost. | 我输了 |
[09:29] | You know, that’s the way it goes. | 你知道,就是这样的 |
[10:14] | My cell phone was in my pocket. | 我的手机在我口袋里 |
[10:24] | – You lost? – Yeah. | – 你输了? – 是的 |
[10:26] | Bill Parker is the new Our Lady of Faith | 比尔・帕克是 信仰圣母小学 |
[10:29] | Elementary School Governing Board President. | 新的校董事会董事长 |
[10:31] | Wow, Deb, I’m sorry. That stinks. | 喔,黛比,我很遗憾。 太臭了 |
[10:33] | Stinks? It’s an outrage. | 臭?令人发指 |
[10:37] | You were born to be the Our Lady of Faith | 你生来就是当 信仰圣母小学 |
[10:39] | Elementary School Governing Board President. | 校董事会董事长的 |
[10:44] | Maybe I just had too many ideas. | 也许我想法太多了 |
[10:46] | Maybe I talked too much. Did I come off pushy? | 也许我说得太多。 我是不是看着太爱出风头了? |
[10:49] | No. Come on, Deb. | 不。行了,黛比 |
[10:51] | Parker bought that whole election… | 帕克收买了整个选举…… |
[10:53] | putting out the tenderloin | 弄了一堆牛里脊、 |
[10:55] | and the horseradish and the rolls. | 辣根,还有小圆面包 |
[10:57] | How could you compete with that? | 你怎么拼得过这个? |
[10:59] | Mmm. That’s tough to beat. | 嗯。的确难比得过 |
[11:03] | Food’s important, dear. | 食物很重要,亲爱的 |
[11:05] | If you had only come to me. | 要是你来找了我的话 |
[11:08] | Come on, that had nothin’ to do with it. | 行了,跟那没关系 |
[11:11] | Don’t kid yourself, sweetheart. | 别骗自己了,亲爱的 |
[11:13] | This is politics. | 这是政治 |
[11:16] | You gotta play rough. | 你就得心狠手辣 |
[11:18] | He puts out tenderloin, you put out prime rib. | 他上牛里脊,你就上一品牛肋排 |
[11:22] | He puts out prime rib, you go lobster. | 他上一品牛肋排,你就上龙虾 |
[11:25] | He goes lobster, | 他用龙虾, |
[11:27] | you start the rumor he wears a bra. | 你就开始传他穿胸罩 |
[11:32] | Yeah, I like that bra thing. | 是的,我喜欢穿胸罩那个 |
[11:34] | I’ll say I saw him in the lingerie department | 我会说我在女士内衣部 |
[11:36] | going into the fitting room. | 看到他进试衣间 |
[11:38] | Why don’t you demand a recount? | 你为什么不要求 重新计票? |
[11:40] | Maybe there was funny business going on with the ballots. | 也许计选票的时候 有什么好玩的把戏 |
[11:43] | – No. – That goes on. | – 不 – 这是一向都有的事 |
[11:45] | Mrs. Wendell, the librarian, | 温德尔太太, 那个图书馆里员, |
[11:46] | she was keeping a pretty close watch on the shoeboxes. | 她对那些鞋盒看得很紧 |
[11:49] | Mrs. Wendell. | 温德尔太太 |
[11:50] | I remember her. | 我记得她 |
[11:51] | “The books are late! The books are late!” | “书晚了!书晚了!” |
[12:01] | No, I think what’s really bugging me | 不,我想真正让我不爽的是 |
[12:03] | is I thought I had the support. | 我以为我是被支持的 |
[12:06] | I thought people liked me. | 我以为大家喜欢我 |
[12:08] | People can fool you. | 大家有时候会耍你 |
[12:14] | Just because you lost doesn’t mean people don’t like you. | 你输了并不表示 大家不喜欢你 |
[12:18] | I’m sure you got a lot of votes. | 我相信你得了许多票 |
[12:20] | Well, it was very close. | 唔,是很接近 |
[12:22] | Sure. By the way, how close was it? | 当然。顺便问问,有多接近? |
[12:24] | Six votes. | 6票 |
[12:26] | See? So it’s not like you lost by one vote. | 看到了?那么说 并不是像只差一票 |
[12:30] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[12:32] | What? No, nothing. | 什么?不,没什么 |
[12:33] | You think it’s good that I lost by more than one vote? | 你认为我 不是因为一票输掉是好事? |
[12:37] | No. I mean, well, kinda, | 不。我是说,唔,也是吧 |
[12:40] | only because if you lost by one vote, | 只是因为如果 你只差一票输掉的话 |
[12:42] | then that would be heartbreaking. | 那就太心碎了 |
[12:50] | Yes, it would be heartbreaking. | 是的,那是会叫人心碎 |
[12:53] | Ray, who did you vote for? | 雷,你投的谁的票? |
[13:03] | – Ray? – What? | – 雷? – 什么? |
[13:06] | What? | 什么? |
[13:08] | Who did you vote for? | 你投的谁的票? |
[13:21] | Oh, boy. | 哦,乖乖 |
[13:24] | – We should go. – I’m right behind ya. | – 咱们走 – 我这就来 |
[13:27] | What? What? Where are you going? | 什么?什么?你们去哪? |
[13:28] | It’s none of our business. | 没我们的事 |
[13:30] | Since when? You think everything’s your business! | 什么时候开始的? 你以为什么都是你的事! |
[13:32] | Usually I’d stay and defend you, | 通常我会留下维护你, |
[13:34] | but voting against your wife? | 可是投票反对你妻子? |
[13:36] | You’re a dead man. | 你死定了 |
[13:43] | I don’t know what to say, but, Deb, | 我不知道说什么,不过,黛比 |
[13:45] | if you wanna talk… | 如果你想谈谈…… |
[13:47] | And you… | 至于你…… |
[14:13] | You know, you’re not supposed to ask people | 你知道,你不该问别人 |
[14:15] | who they vote for. | 他们选的谁 |
[14:18] | That’s why we folded our votes | 所以才要把选票折起来 |
[14:20] | and put it in the shoebox with tape around it, | 并且放进用胶带 粘着四周的鞋盒里 |
[14:23] | and they locked it up | 然后锁在 |
[14:24] | in the school cafe-gym-a-torium… | 学校的多功能厅…… |
[14:31] | as our forefathers did. | 就像咱们的父辈做的 |
[14:38] | How could you do that to me? | 你怎么能这样对我? |
[14:41] | Well, I just looked at what both candidates | 唔,我只是看了看两个候选人 |
[14:44] | brought to the table, and I thought Bill Parker… | 摆上桌面的东西, 然后我觉得比尔・帕克…… |
[14:46] | Bill Parker?! You hate Bill Parker! | 比尔・帕克?! 你恨比尔・帕克! |
[14:48] | I hate Bill Parker the man, | 我恨比尔・帕克这个男人, |
[14:51] | but I just thought that Bill Parker the candidate | 可是我觉得 比尔・帕克这个候选人 |
[14:53] | had an interesting platform. | 有个很有趣的纲领 |
[14:55] | Shut up. I’m your wife. | 闭嘴吧。我是你妻子 |
[14:57] | I don’t care if my platform was… anti-puppy. | 我不在乎哪怕我的纲领是…… 反小狗 |
[15:00] | You have to vote for me. | 你必须投我的票 |
[15:01] | But doesn’t it say in the Constitution… | 可是宪法不是说…… |
[15:03] | I don’t care what it says. You vote for your wife! | 我不管它怎么说。 你投你妻子的票! |
[15:06] | And since when do you know what it says in the Constitution? | 你什么时候起知道 宪法里说什么了? |
[15:12] | I’m not gonna stand here and let you badmouth America. | 我可不会站在这里 让你中伤美国 |
[15:22] | You voted against me. | 你投票反对你 |
[15:24] | I didn’t vote against you. | 我没有投票反对你 |
[15:26] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[15:29] | I just voted… not for you. | 我只是投票…… 没给你 |
[15:32] | – I was protecting you. – From what? | – 我是保护你 – 防备什么? |
[15:35] | Political backstabbing. | 政治上的背后捅刀子 |
[15:36] | When you’re a political figure, | 当你成为政治人物, |
[15:38] | you’re at the mercy of the people, | 你就任人宰割了 |
[15:40] | and the people, they’re horrible. | 而那些人,他们很可怕 |
[15:42] | They stare at your caboose. | 他们盯着你的屁股 |
[15:45] | You were against this all along. | 你一直都反对这个 |
[15:47] | You can’t support me for one minute! | 你连一分钟都不能支持我! |
[15:49] | Oh, come on, I support you. | 哦,行了,我支持你 |
[15:51] | When you had 15 meetings this week, | 你这星期开的15次会, |
[15:53] | who took care of the kids… putting them to bed | 是谁照顾孩子…… 哄他们睡觉 |
[15:56] | and running gallons of water upstairs like Gunga Din? | 像Gunga Din (《古庙战茄声》里英军中的的印度裔送水兵) 似的一加仑一加仑的跑着往楼上运水? |
[15:59] | First of all, it was two meetings, and you complained the whole time. | 首先,只有两次会, 并且你埋怨个没完 |
[16:03] | We all know why you didn’t vote for me. | 我们都知道为什么 你不投我的票 |
[16:05] | If I win, I might get out of this house | 如果我赢了, 我可能就会离开这房子 |
[16:07] | and you might have to get off your butt and do something. | 而你就要抬起屁股 然后干活了 |
[16:10] | You want me locked in this house. | 你想把我锁在这房子里 |
[16:12] | Your vote was a vote for slavery! | 你的票是投给奴隶制的! |
[16:21] | I have always spoken out against slavery. | 我一直公开反对奴隶制 |
[16:24] | Not in this house. Not in this marriage. | 不是在这个房子里。 不是在这个婚姻里 |
[16:27] | You don’t even know what marriage is. | 你甚至不知道婚姻是什么 |
[16:28] | Marriage is two people supporting each other for better or for worse, | 婚姻是两个人互相支持, 无论顺境逆境, |
[16:32] | standing up for each other no matter what. | 不论发生什么都彼此维护 |
[16:35] | But you don’t get that. At that potluck, | 可你却不明白。 在那个晚餐会上, |
[16:37] | I had to tell people I didn’t even know you. | 我不得不告诉别人 我甚至都不认识你 |
[16:40] | What? You told people you don’t know me? | 什么?你告诉别人 你不认识我? |
[16:43] | Of course. You were acting like a goofball. | 当然了。你表现得就像个蠢货 |
[16:45] | I don’t care what I was doing. | 我不管我做了什么 |
[16:47] | You denied knowing me at the potluck? | 你在晚餐会上 否认你认识我? |
[16:49] | You were stuffing your pants with food. | 你往你裤子里塞吃的 |
[16:55] | I’m your husband. | 我是你丈夫 |
[16:56] | You’re supposed to support me | 你应该支持我的 |
[16:58] | no matter what’s in my pants. | 不管我裤子里有什么 |
[17:09] | Didn’t you just say, “partners for better or worse, | 你刚才不是还说“搭档, 不论顺境逆境 |
[17:12] | standing up on each other…” | 维护彼此……” |
[17:13] | It’s not the same thing, and you know it. | 这不是一回事,你也知道 |
[17:16] | You embarrassed me. | 你让我难堪 |
[17:17] | I didn’t do anything different at that potluck thing | 我在那个晚餐会上 做的事 |
[17:20] | that I don’t do at any other public place you drag me to. | 和我在其他任何 你扯我去的公共场合 做的事没有任何不一样 |
[17:23] | I have always liked beef! | 我总是讨人喜欢的牛肉! |
[17:27] | And I have always tried to get as much of it | 并且我总是尽可能 在任何聚会上 |
[17:30] | as I could at any function! | 让人更多地喜欢我! |
[17:34] | Even before that, you made it very clear that I embarrass you… | 即便在那之前,你表示的很清楚 我让你难堪…… |
[17:37] | getting up on me about shaving, | 对我大发其火,怪我没刮胡子 |
[17:39] | telling me to stand up straight and tuck in my shirt, | 告诉我站直了,把衬衫塞进去 |
[17:42] | like… like I wasn’t good enough for you. | 好像……好像我配不上你 |
[17:48] | Now I find out you actually told people | 现在我又发现 你竟然告诉别人 |
[17:50] | that you don’t know me? | 你不认识我? |
[17:56] | I would never do that to you. | 我绝不会那样对你 |
[18:08] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:14] | I’m sorry, too. | 我也对不起 |
[18:16] | I should have voted for you. | 我应该投你的票的 |
[18:18] | And I should have told people I know you. | 我该告诉别人我认识你 |
[18:33] | I was acting jerky. | 我表现得很蠢 |
[18:36] | I know l… | 我知道我…… |
[18:38] | I guess I just got carried away, you know, | 我猜我是有点失控了, 你知道 |
[18:41] | with the possibility of being | 想到成为 |
[18:43] | the Our Lady of Faith Elementary School Governing Board President. | 信仰圣母小学校董会董事长 的可能 |
[18:47] | Well, listen, | 唔,听着 |
[18:49] | all that power, it’s like a drug. | 那些个权力,就像是毒品 |
[18:58] | You want something to eat? | 你想吃点什么吗? |
[19:00] | What do you got? | 你有什么? |
[19:02] | I got some veggies and dip left. | 我还剩了些蔬菜和酱 |
[19:04] | Oh. You know what would go good with that? Tabbouleh. | 哦。你知道就着什么好吃? 塔布里 |
[19:11] | Got any cookies? | 有饼干吗? |
[19:13] | I got cookies. | 我有饼干 |
[19:18] | Hello. | 哈喽 |
[19:20] | Yeah, she’s right here. | 是的,她就在这 |
[19:23] | It’s the president. | 是董事长 |
[19:29] | Hi, Bill. | 嗨,比尔 |
[19:30] | What, did he call to gloat? Tell him we’re onto him. | 怎么,他打来幸灾乐祸吗? 告诉他咱们在调查他的丑事 |
[19:34] | Mmm-hmm. Yeah, well, no, congratulations. | 嗯哼。是,唔,不,恭喜 |
[19:39] | Really? Oh! | 真的?哦! |
[19:41] | Well, that’s so nice of you to say. | 唔,你这么说太客气了 |
[19:44] | Yes, I would love to help you. | 是的,我很乐意帮你 |
[19:46] | What?! | 什么?! |
[19:47] | Yeah, you know what? My nights are mostly free. | 是的,你知道吗? 我晚上多数时候都有空 |
[19:50] | No, they’re not. | 不,不是的 |
[19:52] | The one thing I really wanted | 有件事我非常想做 |
[19:54] | to get those teachers’ luncheons organized. | 那就是整顿教师午餐 |
[19:56] | Hang up. He’s trying to tear us apart. | 挂掉。他想拆散咱们 |
[19:59] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[20:00] | Mommy, I had an accident. | 妈咪,我出意外了 |
[20:03] | Accident. | Accident. 意外。意外 |
[20:06] | Mommy’s on the phone. | 妈咪在打电话 |
[20:08] | You wanna wait for Mommy? | 你想等妈咪吗? |
[20:11] | Mommy, he… | 妈咪,他…… |
[20:16] | All right, I’ll do it. | 好吧,我来了 |
[20:18] | But I want Mommy. | 可是我要妈咪 |
[20:20] | Don’t blame me. I voted for Parker. | 别怪我。我投的帕克 |
[20:31] | So I just wanna say that I’m looking forward | 所以我只想说 我期待着 |
[20:34] | to a successful year of working together, | 共同奋斗的成功的一年 |
[20:36] | but I can only do it with your help. | 但是只有依靠 你们的帮助我才做得到 |
[20:42] | I only hope that I’m worthy | 我只希望我值得 |
[20:44] | of the faith that you’ve shown in me, | 你们对我的信心 |
[20:47] | because at Our Lady of Faith, | 因为在信仰圣母 |
[20:49] | it is all about faith… | 最重要是信念…… |
[20:51] | faith in our children, | 对孩子的信念 |
[20:53] | faith in our faculty, faith in each other. | 对教员的信念, 对彼此的信念 |
[20:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |