时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | www.tvsubtitles.net | |
[00:05] | Come on, guys. We’re not snorkeling, we’re eating, okay? | 好了,孩子们, 别吹气了, 是在吃饭, 知道吗? |
[00:09] | Stop. Don’t play with your food. Oh, good. | 停下来. 别玩你们的食物! |
[00:11] | Get in there. Ally needs help with her homework. | 哦,太好了,快进来! 艾丽要你辅导做作业! |
[00:15] | Hey! Hey! Get back in here! | 嗨!嗨! 回来! |
[00:18] | Ray, come on. It’s either help Ally | 雷,要不这样. 你要么辅导艾丽做作业 |
[00:20] | or give the twins their bath. | 要么给儿子洗澡. |
[00:22] | All right. Come here, guys. Let me look at you. | 好吧,孩子们过来. 让我瞧瞧. |
[00:31] | What, did you strike oil? | 你们找到油矿了? |
[00:36] | I’ll do Ally. | 我还是去帮艾丽. |
[00:41] | Hey, Popeye. | 嗨, 大力水手. |
[00:42] | You look like you’re doin’ pretty good here. | 看起来你做得挺顺利的. |
[00:44] | You don’t need my help, do you? | 应该不需要我帮忙, 对吧? |
[00:45] | Yes, I do. | 不,需要. |
[00:47] | Okay, all right. Don’t worry. | 好了,好了. 别担心. |
[00:49] | Daddy’s here to help you. | 老爸来帮你. |
[00:54] | Mommy says no TV during homework. | 妈咪说了做作业时 不能看电视! |
[00:56] | Don’t worry about Mommy. | 别听你妈的. |
[00:57] | Turn it off, Ray. | 雷,把电视关了. |
[01:03] | All right, let’s see. What do you got? | 好吧,让我瞧瞧 要做什么? |
[01:05] | I have to answer all these questions | 我要回答几个关于 亚伯拉罕.林肯的问题. 没问题. |
[01:06] | – about Abraham Lincoln. – Okay. | |
[01:08] | I have to do these three worksheets on fractions. | 还要把这些分数做成三个表. |
[01:11] | All right. | 行. |
[01:12] | And I have to make a diorama of a marine ecosystem. | 还要做一个海洋生态系统的模型. |
[01:16] | Baths. I’ll do the baths. I’m gonna do the baths. | 洗澡,我选择洗澡! 我给双胞胎去洗澡! |
[01:20] | Too late. | 太迟了. |
[01:25] | – I’m turnin’ the TV on. – Ray… | – 我要打开电视. -雷… |
[01:27] | I’m not! | 没开! |
[02:09] | Hi. | 嘿. |
[02:18] | Ray! Hey! | 雷! 嗨! |
[02:21] | Come on! | 好了! |
[02:29] | What are you doin’? | 你要干什么? |
[02:31] | Sorry to disturb you, Your Highness. | 对不起,打扰你了, 女王陛下! |
[02:34] | But while you were up here reading | 当你坐在床上边读着 |
[02:37] | your latest kiss-handsome-boys book | 最新的<<亲吻帅哥>>杂志, |
[02:39] | and rubbing lotion on your bunions… | 还边抠着你的臭脚丫子… |
[02:46] | the peasants were downstairs | 可怜的农民工却在楼下 用鞋盒子制造海洋! |
[02:49] | tryin’ to build an ocean in a shoebox. | |
[02:53] | Are you complaining? | 你在抱怨? |
[02:55] | Am I complaining? I just did homework for two hours. | 我抱怨? 我做了两个小时作业. |
[02:59] | Then I guess that makes the score | 让你辅导家庭作业也是 千年等一回. |
[03:01] | three million to two. | |
[03:06] | What, are you keepin’ track now? | 哦,你还翻旧帐? |
[03:09] | That is so petty. | 太可恶了. |
[03:11] | Look, Ray, they told us that Ally was gonna get | 雷,听说到五年级后,艾丽的作业更多! |
[03:14] | a lot more homework in the fifth grade. | |
[03:16] | I’m gonna need more help from you now. | 你要帮帮我. |
[03:18] | Aw, are you kidding? | 有没有搞错? |
[03:19] | I was down there all night! | 我已经在楼下干了一晚上了! |
[03:21] | This is what we do. | 这是我们该做的. |
[03:23] | It’s called being a parent. | 做人父母应该干的. |
[03:24] | Maybe I don’t wanna be called that. | 我可不想当父母. |
[03:28] | It’s just… | 就是… |
[03:30] | it’s just, she has too much homework. | 就是她的作业太多了. |
[03:32] | Did you see how many books she has to carry? | 你看到她背了多少本书了吗? |
[03:35] | She’s gonna be a hunchback. | 都快成罗锅了. |
[03:40] | You know, your concern for Ally is truly heartwarming, | 哦,你对艾丽的关心太让人感动了, |
[03:43] | but this is what Miss Purcell gives them. | 但是这些作业都是珀塞尔小姐布置的. |
[03:45] | Miss Purcell, yeah. | 珀塞尔小姐, |
[03:47] | I know the type. | 我了解这种人. |
[03:49] | “My life is miserable, children, so guess what… | “我的生活太悲惨了, 孩子们,所以… |
[03:52] | I’m takin’ you down with me!” | 我也要把你们拖下水!” |
[03:56] | If you have a problem with this woman, | 如果你对这个女的有意见, |
[03:58] | then maybe you should talk to her. | 你可以当面和她说. |
[04:00] | Maybe I will. | 也许我是要说说. |
[04:01] | Maybe I will do exactly that. | 也许我真的要去说说. |
[04:02] | Good. Tuesday is Open School Night. | 很好,星期二晚上是公开课. |
[04:04] | What? | 什么? |
[04:07] | The perfect opportunity for you to give Miss Purcell | 是你给珀塞尔小姐提议的最佳时机. |
[04:10] | a piece of that huge mind you’ve got. | 你可以提出你的伟大见解 |
[04:15] | Miss Purcell. | 珀塞尔小姐. |
[04:17] | Miss Pur-smell. | 破–塞尔小姐. |
[04:24] | And you can see that the children | 你们都能看到孩子们 |
[04:26] | had a wonderful time with our science project. | 制作的精彩绝伦的科学作品. |
[04:28] | These are the ocean bottom environments they created. | 这些就是他们创造出的海底世界. |
[04:31] | Ooh, aah. | 哦,啊. |
[04:35] | Look, Ray. There’s Ally’s. | 雷,看,艾丽的. |
[04:37] | Great. I bust my hump, | 我花了吃奶的劲搞出的东西, |
[04:39] | she puts mine in the back. | 她却把它藏后面去了. |
[04:42] | You can all keep looking around. | 你们可以四周转转. |
[04:43] | Let me know if you have any questions. | 让我了解下,看大家有没有什么疑问. |
[04:45] | Okay. Ray, here’s your chance. | 太好了,雷,你的机会来了. |
[04:47] | Go ahead. | 上去. |
[04:49] | What? For what? | 什么? 上去干啥? |
[04:50] | To talk to the teacher. | 和老师说话呀. |
[04:52] | Why don’t you? | 为什么你不去? |
[04:54] | I’m confused, Ray. | 雷,我有点搞不懂了. |
[04:57] | I thought you had a big, important complaint to make | 我本来认为你为了女儿的教育问题 |
[04:59] | because you cared so much about your daughter’s education. | 真的要过来投诉呢. |
[05:05] | Are you all right? | 有事吗? |
[05:07] | Oh, yeah. No. | 噢,没,没事. |
[05:09] | She loves when I do my rabbit. | 她喜欢看我学兔子. |
[05:15] | I wanted to let everyone know | 跟大家说一下: |
[05:17] | that our next class project | 下堂手工课是要做一大幅三维壁画 |
[05:18] | is going to be a large three-dimensional mural. | |
[05:21] | We’ll assemble it in early December | 要在12月初交上来 |
[05:22] | so that each child can work on their section | 孩子们可以利用感恩节假期做作业 |
[05:24] | over the Thanksgiving break. | |
[05:33] | Oh my God… Thanksgiving. | 哦,天了… 感恩节. |
[05:35] | It’s like she hates America. | 看来她仇恨美国. |
[05:38] | Did you get stuck making that ocean crap, too? | 你也被骗着做这破玩意了? |
[05:42] | Yeah. | 是. |
[05:44] | This one’s mine. | 这是我做的. |
[05:45] | That’s pretty good. | 做的不错. |
[05:47] | What’d you use for shrimp? | 你用什么做出了虾? |
[05:50] | Shrimp. | 用真虾做的. |
[05:52] | Ha ha. | 哈哈. |
[05:54] | Tomorrow that’s not gonna be too pleasant. | 那明天可就要臭了. |
[05:57] | A little time bomb for Miss Purcell. | 专为珀塞尔小姐准备的定时炸弹. |
[06:04] | Hey, don’t you think | 嘿,你有没有觉得孩子们的作业太多了? |
[06:05] | the kids just get too much homework? | |
[06:07] | You are so right! | 你说的太对了! |
[06:09] | Linda’s been up past 10:00 every night. | 琳达每天晚上都要做到10:00多. |
[06:12] | It’s out of control. | 控制都控制不了. |
[06:13] | We never used to get this much homework. | 我们原来可没有这么多作业. |
[06:14] | You see, Debra? It’s not just me! | 看到了吧,黛布拉, ? 不是我一个人这么说的! |
[06:17] | Talk to my wife. | 跟我老婆说. |
[06:18] | Billy’s been so swamped | 比尼负担太大了 |
[06:20] | I had to cancel cello and Latin. | 我只好取消了提琴和拉丁课. |
[06:21] | That’s terrible. Those are good things! | 太恐怖了. 你做的很对! |
[06:26] | Does Miss Purcell even know what she’s doing to us? | 珀塞尔小姐知道她都干了些什么吗? |
[06:28] | I think maybe somebody should definitely speak up. | 我认为应该有人跟她提出来. |
[06:31] | – You should speak up. – Absolutely. | – 应该你来提. – 没错. |
[06:40] | Is everything okay? | 有问题吗? |
[06:42] | Go ahead, Ray. | 上去说,雷. |
[06:45] | No no no. | 没,没,没. |
[06:47] | It’s nothing, it’s just, um, | 没问题, 就是, 嗯, |
[06:48] | some of the people were thinking that | 有些人认为 |
[06:49] | maybe there’s a little too much homework… | 是不是家庭作业布置的有一点点多了… |
[06:55] | you know, for the kids. | 对孩子来说. |
[06:57] | Everybody’s kids. | 每个人的孩子. |
[07:00] | Maybe. | 大概是. |
[07:03] | Well, it’s what the district thinks is necessary | 主管部门觉得为了让孩子们跟上课程 |
[07:05] | for the children to keep pace with the curriculum. | 必须这么做. |
[07:07] | Oh, curriculum. | 哦, 课程需要. |
[07:09] | Curriculum. | 课程需要. |
[07:12] | You know, we have a meeting Monday | 周一我们要和课程审查委员会开会 |
[07:15] | with the curriculum review board, | |
[07:16] | and they always welcome input from parents. | 他们一直欢迎家长来提建议. |
[07:27] | Okay, uh… well, good luck with that. | 好,….好吧 祝你们好运. |
[07:35] | You know what? | 我们认为雷可以作为我们的代言人, 大家觉得怎么样? |
[07:36] | I think Ray would be a perfect spokesman for us. | |
[07:39] | I second that! | 赞成! |
[07:40] | No no! No no. | 不,不!绝对不行. |
[07:42] | A spokesman should be a guy | 代言人应该是个 |
[07:44] | who’s not afraid of public speaking. | 不怕在公众前讲话的人. |
[07:46] | I’m… I’m wetting myself now. | 我…..现在都已经紧张的出汗了。 |
[07:57] | I think you’re being too hard on yourself. | 我觉得你太谦虚了. |
[07:59] | – Way too hard. – Oh, yes. | – 是太谦虚了 – 对,是. |
[08:01] | We could really use you. | 我们老师也可以利用下你. |
[08:03] | If we’re going to reduce the fifth-grade workload, | 要想减少五年级的作业, |
[08:05] | we’re going to have to tell them what to cut. | 必须要告诉委员会需要消减什么. |
[08:06] | You keep sayin’ “we.” I’m quite a busy fellow. | 这不是我一个人的事, 我工作很忙, |
[08:09] | Well, you have almost a week. | 好,你有一周准备时间. |
[08:11] | We just need you to read through | 你需要通读当前的课程安排, |
[08:13] | the current curriculum and figure out | 然后指出哪些课是多余的 |
[08:15] | where you feel it’s redundant. | |
[08:17] | I can’t tell you how valuable your input | 你的参与对我们来说太重要了 |
[08:19] | is going to be. | |
[08:21] | But you see, I’m not a teacher, I’m not… | 但我不是老师, 我不是… |
[08:23] | When the teachers bring this up, | 如果老师提出消减课程的话, |
[08:25] | the board just thinks we’re trying to get out of work. | 委员会会认为我们想减少工作量. |
[08:27] | But they know that’s not true when it comes from a parent. | 但要是一个家长提出学生压力大, 那就不一样了. |
[08:41] | – Agh… – Come on. | – 哈… – 加油. |
[08:42] | Go. Good. | 上,上,好. |
[08:44] | You’ve got a better control. | 你操作的越来越娴熟了. |
[08:48] | Oh… hey! Hey! You blew me up! | 哦….嗨!嗨! 你把我炸死了! |
[08:50] | We’re on the same side. I’m not a zombie! | 我们是一伙的. 我不是僵尸! |
[08:54] | Nobody believes you, man. | 谁相信你! |
[08:56] | – That’s how you’re gonna play? – That’s right. | – 你就这么玩游戏? – 好极了. |
[08:58] | All right then, we’re gonna play. | 好,我也炸死你. |
[09:00] | Come on! Come on. | 来啊! 来啊. |
[09:01] | Try and get me, you big load! | 来抓我啊, 笨熊! |
[09:04] | You can’t do it! | 你干不过我! |
[09:06] | You can’t do it, sucker! | 你是打不过我的, 臭小子! |
[09:08] | You are so lucky. | 你就是运气好点. |
[09:09] | Did you finish going through all this curriculum stuff? | 你有没有看完那些课程设置? |
[09:11] | Yeah. Yeah, I did. | 看完了. |
[09:15] | Those books haven’t moved since you brought them home. | 那些书拿回来就没有动过! |
[09:17] | I’m gonna get ’em, Debra, | 黛布拉,我马上去做, |
[09:19] | it’s just, right now I’m entertaining a guest. | 马上就去, 我现在正在招待客人. |
[09:23] | The review board is tomorrow morning. | 审查委员会明早就要开会了. |
[09:26] | You have wasted the entire weekend. | 你已经浪费了整个周末. |
[09:28] | You’re right, Debra, I’m sorry. | 黛布拉,你说的太对了, 对不起. |
[09:30] | Hey, come on. | 嗨,接着玩. |
[09:31] | Cubby, you can’t play video games | 伙计,你没完成家庭作业, |
[09:33] | if you haven’t finished your homework. | 所以不能玩游戏了. |
[09:35] | I’m gonna get to it. | 我一会儿去做. |
[09:37] | When? | 几点? |
[09:38] | You know, Raymond, every day at the end of my shift, | 雷蒙德,我每天在交接班的时候, |
[09:40] | I have a mountain of paperwork. | 都会有一堆文书工作. |
[09:41] | And you know when I do it? | 你知道我是什么时候做完的吗? |
[09:43] | When you’re supposed to be out buying nose-hair clippers? | 你在买鼻毛剪子的空隙做的? |
[09:56] | I do it right away. | 我都是马上做. |
[09:58] | Because there is no worse feeling | 因为没有什么比把 工作拖到最后一秒才做更糟糕的事了! |
[10:00] | than when you’ve put something off | |
[10:02] | to the last second, | |
[10:04] | and it’s getting dark, | 时候不早了, |
[10:05] | and the clock is ticking, | 时间正在滴滴答答的流走. |
[10:07] | and you realize | 你意识到你不可能完成作业了 |
[10:09] | you’re never gonna make it. | |
[10:12] | Go. Get outta here. | 滚,滚开! |
[10:15] | Get outta here! | 滚开! |
[10:16] | All right. Very well. | 很好,我走了. |
[10:18] | But just so you won’t be distracted, | 但是防止你分心, |
[10:20] | I’m gonna take this little item with me. | 我要把游戏机带走. |
[10:23] | It’s not yours! | 游戏机是我的! |
[10:24] | This way you can get all your work done. | 只有这样,才能让你一心一意工作. |
[10:26] | By tomorrow morning | 到了明天早上 |
[10:28] | I shall be the greatest zombie hunter of all time. | 我就是最伟大的僵尸杀手了. |
[10:34] | That’s right. | 再见. |
[10:46] | All right, all right, I’ll get started. | 好了,好了, 我马上做. |
[10:48] | But I’m just gonna tell ’em to cut everything in half | 但是我分一半给你做, |
[10:51] | because it’s too much. | 因为工作量实在太大了. |
[10:52] | You can’t just tell ’em to cut things, | 你不要老想着投机取巧, |
[10:54] | you have to give them reasons. | 你要填写全部评价表格. |
[10:55] | You have to fill out all those evaluation forms. | 并列出你的理由. |
[10:57] | No way! | 不行! |
[10:59] | You have to help me. | 你必须帮我. |
[11:01] | Listen, I have done four loads of laundry, | 听着,我已经洗了四箱衣服! |
[11:04] | paid all the bills, put three kids to bed. | 付了帐单,哄孩子们睡觉. |
[11:05] | I have done my job… you do yours. | 我干了我该干的了… 你要靠自己. |
[11:08] | As a matter of fact, I’m gonna go to sleep. | 实话告诉你,我也要去睡觉了, |
[11:11] | Good night. | 晚安. |
[11:14] | Just so you know, you could have had sex tonight. | 本来今晚安排好了,要做爱的! |
[11:20] | It was gonna be good. All new stuff. | 还想玩点新花样呢. |
[11:31] | Agh… | 啊… |
[11:33] | what the hell?! | 真见鬼了?! |
[11:41] | Sure. I can help you with this, Raymond. | 雷蒙德,我当然会帮你的! |
[11:46] | It doesn’t seem all that difficult. | 看起来没你说的那么难呀? |
[11:48] | I know, it’s just | 我知道,就是…. |
[11:50] | I didn’t think there would be so much. | 没想到有这么多. |
[11:52] | And it’s already 10:30, | 并且已经10:30了, |
[11:53] | and of course, Debra never wants to help me. | 黛布拉还不帮我. |
[11:58] | That’s all right. | 没关系. |
[12:00] | That’s what mothers are for. | 这是妈妈该做的. |
[12:03] | But maybe next time | 但是也许下次 |
[12:05] | you’ll be a little more responsible | 你要多点责任心 |
[12:07] | and do things on time | 按时做事 |
[12:09] | so I could be proud of you. | 我就更以你为荣了. |
[12:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起. |
[12:15] | What’s goin’ on in there? | 你们在折腾什么? |
[12:17] | What’s the matter, Frank? | 怎么了,弗兰克? |
[12:20] | Oh. | 哦. |
[12:22] | I thought you were eating that last piece of pie. | 我以为你们在偷吃最后那块馅饼. |
[12:26] | I’m helping Raymond with his school project. | 我在帮雷蒙德做作业. |
[12:29] | All right, then. | 知道了, |
[12:30] | I’m gonna eat that pie so I know where it is. | 我自己去吃了,我亲自藏起来的! |
[12:34] | Hey, Dad, let me get a sliver of that. | 嗨,爸,给我一块. |
[12:37] | Nice try. | 想的美. |
[12:39] | Raymond, pay attention. | 雷蒙德,用心点. |
[12:41] | Why don’t we start with literature | 我们就从文学欣赏和 |
[12:44] | and reading comprehension guidelines, okay? | 阅读理解开始吧. |
[12:46] | “Based on the readings of Mark Twain’s ‘Tom Sawyer,’ | 学了马克.吐温的《汤姆.亚索历险记》后 |
[12:50] | which of the following would you recommend | 你建议给他们布置什么作业,为什么? |
[12:52] | for fifth-grade homework, and why? | |
[12:53] | A) a book report, including cover art | A)书面报告,要有封皮 |
[12:56] | – and illustrations, – Agh! | – 要有图解, – 哈! |
[12:58] | B) an oral report using period music and costumes, | B) 口头报告, 要用那时的音乐和服装, |
[13:03] | C) a craft project based on | C)手工艺品,工业化前的密西西比流域的 |
[13:05] | the pre-lndustrial Mississippi, | |
[13:08] | and/or D) a fictional diary | D) 以小说里的任一人物写篇续集 |
[13:10] | on one of the characters?” | |
[13:13] | Raymond! | 雷蒙德! |
[13:21] | Ow! | 啊! |
[13:23] | What’s wrong with you?! | 有病吧?! |
[13:24] | I like pie. | 我爱吃馅饼. |
[13:28] | Raymond! Pay attention. | 雷蒙德! 专心点. |
[13:31] | I’m gonna read you this again. | 我再读一遍? |
[13:33] | No, not again, all right? I heard it already. | 好了,不用读了? 我听到了. |
[13:38] | How about we don’t make the kids read “Tom Sawyer”? | 可以让孩子们别上 《汤姆.亚索历险记》吗? |
[13:40] | What?! | 什么?! |
[13:42] | It’s an American classic. | 这是一篇美国经典作品. |
[13:43] | All right, then… I say “A.” | 好吧,那我选A. |
[13:46] | Good. Why? | 很好,为什么? |
[13:51] | “B.” | |
[13:53] | Raymond, don’t play games with me. | 雷蒙德,别跟我耍嘴皮子! |
[13:56] | We need to do this properly. | 我们需要认真点. |
[13:58] | Now, if you’re going to explain “Tom Sawyer,” | 如果让你分析《汤姆.索亚历险记》 |
[14:00] | which of these would you recommend | 你会向校董会推荐什么,为什么? |
[14:02] | to the school board, and why? | |
[14:05] | You never read “Tom Sawyer,” did ya? | 你根本就没有看过 《汤姆.亚索历险记》,对吧? |
[14:08] | Well, yes, I did. | 不,我看过. |
[14:10] | What’s it about? | 里面讲什么? |
[14:12] | A boy. | 一个男孩. |
[14:14] | Named Tom Sawyer. | 名字叫汤姆.亚索 |
[14:16] | Eat your pie. | 吃你的饼去. |
[14:19] | Raymond… | 雷蒙德… |
[14:21] | you never read “Tom Sawyer”? | 你没看过《汤姆.亚索历险记》? |
[14:23] | Well, all right, I didn’t. So what? | 对,我是没看过? 有问题吗? |
[14:25] | You never read “Tom Sawyer”?! | 你没看过<<汤姆.亚索历险记>>??! |
[14:28] | And you never read | 你也没看过 |
[14:29] | “Legendary Running Backs of the NFL.” | 《国家足球联盟背后的传奇故事》呀 |
[14:34] | That’s sports. | 那是体育. |
[14:35] | That’s right, Ma, a sports book. | 是呀,妈,是本体育类的书。 |
[14:37] | A sports book! | 体育故事的书! |
[14:39] | That’s because that’s what I liked! | 我就喜欢读这类书! |
[14:42] | All this stuff they make you do in school, | 学校学的那些东西, |
[14:44] | that’s what they think is important. | 都是别人认为重要的. |
[14:46] | I read what I wanted to, and look at me. | 而我选择我喜欢读的书, 看看我. |
[14:48] | I am someone who did not read “Tom Sawyer,” | 我是没读过《汤姆.索亚历险记》 |
[14:50] | and yet I did not turn out to be a hobo. | 我现在变成小混混了吗. |
[14:54] | Well, I’m very disappointed. | 我对你太失望了. |
[14:56] | Me too! | 我也失望呀! |
[14:58] | Any cookies? | 还有饼干吗? |
[15:01] | Obviously you just did enough work to get by. | 很显然,你一直是60分万岁. |
[15:04] | And now you’re proud of it. | 现在你却引以为豪. |
[15:05] | Well, yeah! I am proud of it! | 是,对! 我是很自豪! |
[15:07] | All those sports books I read | 因为我读了所有的体育类的书 |
[15:09] | and all the sports I watched on TV, | 看着所有的体育节目, |
[15:11] | that’s how I got to be where I’m at. | 所以我才有今天的地位的在。 |
[15:17] | “That’s how I got to be where I’m at”? | 我才今天的地位的在? |
[15:28] | Yeah. | 对. |
[15:30] | That’s right. | 就是这个意思. |
[15:32] | You’re a writer, | 亏你还是个作家, |
[15:34] | and that’s how you use the English language? | 你就是这么使用英语的? |
[15:37] | What? What are you talkin’ about? | 什么?你是什么意思? |
[15:38] | You do not end a sentence with “at.” | 你在句子结尾用“在”. |
[15:41] | Big deal, I ended it with a proposition. | 大惊小怪, 我只不过用错了个“碱”词 |
[15:44] | Preposition, it’s a prep… | 介词,是介….. |
[15:47] | oh my God! | 哦,天了! |
[15:49] | What? What are you getting so upset about? | 怎么了? 为什么要这么烦燥? |
[15:51] | Because this is the end of civilization! | 简直是文明的灾难! |
[15:55] | People like you | 像你们这样的人 |
[15:57] | don’t want to work or learn anything | 不喜欢学任何东西 |
[15:59] | because they’re too busy | 因为你们总是忙于 操作电视遥控器。 |
[16:00] | with their remote control television | |
[16:02] | or playing with their hula-hoops! | 或者是玩呼拉圈! |
[16:05] | And before you know it, | 所以你才不知不觉说出了, |
[16:07] | that’s where we’re at! | 我们哪里的在? |
[16:10] | Where the cookies at? | 饼干哪里的在? |
[16:17] | All right, forget about it. Relax, okay? Give it to me. | 好了,我自己来做, 轻松点,好吗?把作业给我. |
[16:20] | No no, I’m not giving you this. | 不,不,作业不能给你 |
[16:22] | This is too important to give to someone | 这作业太重要了, |
[16:24] | with your kind of attitude about education. | 不能给你这种水平的人. |
[16:27] | Ooh. | 很好. |
[17:03] | So you got what I was sayin’ there. Good. | 所以你该注意下我刚说的, 对,就是……. |
[17:06] | Knock it off, Ray. | 雷,别装了. |
[17:12] | You got your mommy doing your homework for you? | 你让妈妈给你做作业? |
[17:15] | I have to, Debra. | 黛布拉,没办法. |
[17:16] | It turns out I raised an illiterate. | 搞了半天,我终于知道了, 我养了个文盲. |
[17:21] | Can I ask you something, Ray? | 雷,我能问你个问题吗? |
[17:24] | What will it take for you to get involved in something? | 怎么样才能让你用心做件事? |
[17:27] | I mean, the Neighborhood Watch didn’t do it for you. | 邻里监督组织你不参加. |
[17:30] | The church carnival wasn’t for you. | 教会狂欢节你也不去. |
[17:32] | You said, “The Lord doesn’t need me to sit in a dunking booth.” | 你竟然说: “上帝不需要我做在那玩深沉”. |
[17:38] | And now even your children’s education isn’t enough. | 现在你连孩子们的教育问题也不管. |
[17:41] | So I was just wondering, | 我就弄不懂了, |
[17:43] | when will something be important enough | 到底什么事才能 |
[17:45] | for you to take a stand? | 让你注意下? |
[17:52] | Ow! | 啊哦! |
[18:03] | I also think we should introduce historiography. | 我认为我们应该开《历史》这门课. |
[18:06] | It would be highly beneficial to the fifth and sixth graders. | 这对五六年级学生特别有用. |
[18:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[18:10] | Thank you, Miss Silver. | 谢谢你,席尔瓦小姐. |
[18:12] | Now I believe we’re up to one of our parents, | 下一个要上的家长是, |
[18:14] | Mr. Raymond Barone. | 雷蒙德.巴隆先生. |
[18:15] | Mr. Barone? | 巴隆先生? |
[18:18] | Ahem. Hi. | 嗨. |
[18:20] | Uh, thank you. | 谢谢. |
[18:23] | All right. Wow. | 很好. |
[18:25] | Uh, I was up all night goin’ over the material, | 为了看这些资料,昨晚搞到深夜, |
[18:28] | and, uh… | 还有, 嗯… |
[18:31] | well… | 啊… |
[18:32] | I just got a few things to say. | 我就是有几句话要说. |
[18:36] | You know, when I was a kid, | 我小时候时, |
[18:38] | I always thought that we had too much homework. | 一直认为我的作业太多了. |
[18:41] | And since I hated all the homework, | 所以我就讨厌所有的家庭作业, |
[18:44] | I started to hate learning. | 然后就开始讨厌学习. |
[18:48] | In fact, what I learned to do more than anything else | 其实,我学的最好的 |
[18:51] | was to avoid the work. | 就是怎样逃避作业. |
[18:54] | I’m sorry to say I still try to avoid it | 很抱歉! 我现在仍然是经常逃避作业 |
[18:56] | whenever I can. | |
[18:58] | Just ask my wife. | 不信问我老婆. |
[19:04] | Uh… | |
[19:06] | but, you know, it seems to me like | 但是,你们知道吗? 在我看来 |
[19:10] | the kids today, | 今天的孩子们, |
[19:12] | they’ve got 10 times the homework that we had. | 他们的作业量是我们那时的10倍还多. |
[19:16] | You know? | 你们要知道? |
[19:18] | And I don’t want my daughter to hate learning. | 我不想我的女儿讨厌学习. |
[19:21] | I want her to be curious and thoughtful | 我想她,有好奇心,喜欢思考 |
[19:24] | and get excited about new ideas. | 对新思想感兴趣. |
[19:27] | And most of all… | 最重要的是… |
[19:29] | and I think this is what we want for all our kids… | 也是我们每个家长希望的… |
[19:31] | I want her to be happy. | 就是希望她快乐. |
[19:34] | I mean, I think there’s homework | 我的意思是,我知道作业很重要 |
[19:36] | that’s important and everything, | |
[19:38] | and then I think there’s overload. | 就是有点多了. |
[19:40] | I mean, are we piling it on? | 我真的没有夸张? |
[19:43] | We’re so worried about the kids won’t be competitive | 我们都怕孩子没有竞争力 |
[19:47] | and our kids won’t have a future, | 输在了起跑线上, |
[19:48] | that… | 所以… |
[19:51] | we’re takin’ away their present. | 我们就夺走了她们的童年. |
[19:57] | Anyway, so, you know, | 无论如何,你们要明白, |
[20:00] | maybe we can just keep that in mind. | 也许我不该说这些. |
[20:02] | ‘Cause isn’t that the kind of school | 因为这种学校不是我们想让 孩子的在? |
[20:04] | that we want our children to be at? | |
[20:09] | I mean in. | 是的里. |
[20:11] | I mean of. I mean a part of. | 的进. 对,是的进. |
[20:14] | I mean, isn’t that… | 我想说的是, 那不是… |
[20:15] | isn’t that the kind of school that we want our children | 那不是我们想让孩子学校的进? |
[20:18] | to be a part of? | |
[20:22] | In. | 里. |
[20:33] | And you wanted to cut down on the English homework. | 你想砍掉英语作业吗. |
[20:41] | Hey. What are you doin’? | 嗨,你们在做什么? |
[20:43] | Grandma’s helping me with my homework. | 奶奶在辅导我做作业. |
[20:46] | Want me to help? | 要我帮忙吗? |
[20:48] | That’s all right, dear. | 不需要,亲爱的 |
[20:50] | We’re working on grammar right now. | 我们正在做语法. |
[20:55] | All right, then, | 好吧, |
[20:57] | I’ll be sure and keep the TV down. | 我会把电视机声音开小点的. |
[20:59] | Wait a minute, Raymond. | 雷蒙德,等下. |
[21:00] | You have some work, too. | 你也有作业. |
[21:03] | “Tom Sawyer.” | “汤姆.索亚历险记.” |
[21:06] | You need to read that. | 你要读读. |
[21:08] | No, Mom, I told you, I don’t. | 不,妈妈,我说过我不读. |
[21:10] | Yes, you do. | 不,你要读. |
[21:12] | I read “Legendary Running Backs of the NFL.” | 我已经读了《国家足球联盟背后的传奇故事》了。 |
[21:19] | Yeah, right. | 好的,读. |
[21:20] | Poor Gale Sayers. | 可怜的盖尔.索耶斯. |
[21:22] | First to lose a friend like Brian Piccolo, | 先是失去了布赖恩.皮卡洛这个好朋友, |
[21:24] | and then to have a career cut short | 接着又因为膝伤 |
[21:26] | because of all his knee injuries. | 早早结束了职业生涯. |
[21:29] | Go. | 去. |
[21:31] | Read. | 读. |
[21:37] | You probably just read the one chapter. | 你就看了一章吧. |
[21:39] | Jim Brown averaged 5.2 yards per carry | 杰米.布朗整个职业生涯中 平均每投5.2码 |
[21:42] | for his entire career. | |
[21:49] | Damn you. | 没天理了. |