时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | www.tvsubtitles.net | |
[00:01] | – Hey. – Hey, Robert. | – 嗨. – 嗨,罗伯特. |
[00:03] | Hey. What are you doing? | 嗨. 有什么事吗? |
[00:05] | Aw, nothing. Just thought I’d come by, see what you guys are doing. | 哦,没事,就是想过来看看你们. |
[00:07] | We’re going to the movies. | 我们要去看电影. |
[00:08] | Oh. | 哦. |
[00:12] | You know, if you want, you can c-come. | 如果你也想去, 就和我们一块――去. |
[00:16] | Naw naw, that’s okay. | 不,不,你们去吧. |
[00:21] | No, yeah. C-Come. Come. | 别了, 还是一块去吧. |
[00:24] | We were gonna go as a couple, but you can ruin it if you want. | 你俩去看电影, 你可以去做电灯泡. |
[00:29] | Well, that’s sweet of you, but no no. | 好意我心领了, 但我还是不想去. |
[00:32] | No no. Come on, Robert. Come with us, huh? | 别推辞了,走吧,罗伯特, 和我们一块看电影去,嗯? |
[00:33] | You can call somebody, we’ll make it a double date. | 你也可以约个人, 组成两对去看电影. |
[00:35] | By the time he gets a date, the movie’ll be on video. | 等到他约到人了, 电影的DVD版都出来了. |
[00:44] | Actually, movies really aren’t in my budget right now. | 实话告诉你们,我现在的经济预算里面 没有包括去看电影. |
[00:47] | – Really? – Budget? | – 真的? – 预算? |
[00:50] | What, the new giant tax kick in? | 是不是开始征收巨人税了? |
[00:59] | If you must know, | 你一定知道, |
[01:01] | they’re making a lot of pay cuts at the precinct. | 政府大幅度消减了我们这个区域的 财政拨款 |
[01:03] | They’re cutting back on the hours, | 也减少了大家的工作时间, |
[01:04] | and people are just scrambling to make ends meet. | 现在大家都是在想尽一切办法让 自己收支平衡. |
[01:07] | Robert, I had no idea. Why the cutbacks? | 罗伯特,我不懂了, 为什么要消减呀? |
[01:10] | Crime’s at a 30-year low. | 现在的犯罪率处于30年来最低. |
[01:15] | It’s tough on everybody. | 对我们来说,现在是段难熬的日子. |
[01:18] | And guys, they’re having to take second jobs, | 那些家伙都不得不在找兼职, |
[01:21] | people are dipping into their retirement funds. | 有些人已经开始动用 自己的退休金了. |
[01:23] | It’s rough out there. | 大概就是这样. |
[01:25] | So, I had to cancel my cable, | 所以,我把闭路线也取消了, |
[01:28] | but thought maybe I can come over here | 就是想能到你这边来 |
[01:30] | and watch a movie on your satellite. | 看卫视上的电影. |
[01:32] | You canceled cable? | 你取消了闭路线? |
[01:37] | Oh, yeah, but that’s okay. | 哦,是. 挺好的呀! |
[01:38] | I gotta shift my focus, re-evaluate my priorities. | 我现在只好改变自己的兴趣, 重新评价什么是最需要的. |
[01:42] | You couldn’t keep basic cable? | 你就不能不取消闭路电视? |
[01:45] | I’m doing what needs to be done, Raymond, across the board. | 我现在只能做最需要做的, 雷蒙德. |
[01:49] | You’d be surprised how inexpensive and versatile | 我要是告诉你大腊肠有多少种吃法, |
[01:52] | bologna is. | 你都吃惊死. |
[01:54] | What are you talking about? | 你刚才说什么呀? |
[01:55] | Bologna. It’s great. | 大腊肠,很棒的. |
[01:57] | I made it in casseroles, stew, salad. | 我炒着吃、炖着吃、拌沙拉吃. |
[02:00] | I even put it into a pie. | 还夹在馅饼中吃. |
[02:03] | How was that? | 味道怎么样? |
[02:05] | Not too good. | 不是太好. |
[02:11] | Robert, I’m a little worried about you. | 罗伯特,我有点担心你. |
[02:13] | No no, I’m fine. I’m a grownup. | 别,别,我很好, 我已经是个成年人了. |
[02:15] | Well, here. Mommy made some cookies. | 好,给你 妈妈做的馅饼. |
[02:19] | Huh. Thanks. You guys go ahead. You have a good time. | 哈,谢谢,你们去吧。 祝玩得快乐! |
[02:23] | All right, come on. Let’s go. | 好的,快点. 走吧. |
[02:25] | Now that I don’t have cookies, I gotta get Goobers. | 没饼吃了, 只好吃花生了. |
[02:28] | Ray, what about Robert? | 雷,罗伯特呢? |
[02:47] | Well, he’s coming off bologna pie. | 很好亚,他摆脱了大腊肠馅饼. |
[02:54] | We need to help him. | 我们要帮帮他. |
[02:55] | What do you mean, like milk? | 什么意思, 给他杯牛奶? |
[03:04] | Money. He needs money. Weren’t you listening? | 钱,他需要钱. 你没听出来? |
[03:07] | Yeah. He didn’t ask for money. | 他又没说要钱. |
[03:09] | Because he’s too proud to ask. | 他自尊心太强了,不好意思说. |
[03:12] | Well, it’s a good system… | 很好,要的就是这个效果…… |
[03:14] | he keeps his pride, we keep our money. | 他保留了自尊心, 我保留了钱! |
[03:18] | Ray, we are in pretty good shape financially. | 雷,我们现在经济状况良好. |
[03:21] | I would never bring it up | 如果没有能力帮他 |
[03:23] | if I didn’t think we could afford to help him. | 我是不会提的. |
[03:24] | He can’t even go to the movies. | 他甚至电影都看不了. |
[03:26] | Neither can I! | 我也看不了! |
[03:30] | I say we give him some money. | 我说我们给他点钱. |
[03:31] | You’re always saying things. | 你总是没事找事. |
[03:33] | All right then, a loan. | 好了,算借给他的. |
[03:36] | Come on, he’s fine. | 别傻了,他好着呢. |
[03:37] | Ray, look at him. | 雷,你看看他. |
[03:56] | I’m so glad we’re doing this. | 很高兴能给他帮点忙. |
[03:58] | Whoa whoa. Wait a minute. How much we gonna give him? | 喔,喔,等等. 你准备给他多少钱? |
[04:01] | Like… $1,000. | 嗯… 1000美元. |
[04:02] | 1,000… | |
[04:07] | $1,000? | 1,000元? |
[04:10] | It has to be enough to help him, Ray. | 太少了没用,雷. |
[04:14] | Help him, but $1,000? | 帮帮可以了,但是1000元? |
[04:16] | What about that thing, teach a man to fish | 有句谚语:授人以鱼不如授人以渔! |
[04:20] | so he doesn’t take your $1,000? | 所以他不需要1000元这么多? |
[04:28] | His bills are piling up. | 他的帐单都堆积如山了. |
[04:30] | This will get him out from under them. | 这点钱能帮助他摆脱困境. |
[04:32] | What is the matter with you? | 你怎么了? |
[04:33] | It’s just… I like $1,000. | 只不过… 我太舍不得这1000块了. |
[04:39] | Ray, he’s your brother. | 雷,他可是你的亲哥哥. |
[04:48] | Robert. | 罗伯特. |
[04:50] | Hey. I thought you guys were going to the movies. | 嗨,我以为你们已经去电影院了呢. |
[04:53] | I thought so too. | 我也是这么以为的. |
[04:56] | Ray and I were talking, and we wanna lend you some money. | 雷和我商量了下, 我们想借点钱给你. |
[04:59] | What? | 真的? |
[05:01] | It’s not a big deal. We don’t have to talk about it. | 没什么大不了的. 一家人之间没什么不能说的. |
[05:03] | Okay? Here. Just take it. | 好了? 给你. 拿好. |
[05:14] | This is $1,000. | 这是1000元. |
[05:15] | Yes. | 对. |
[05:22] | This is so sweet of you. | 你们两个太好了. |
[05:23] | It’s okay, Robert. | 好了,罗伯特. |
[05:27] | I can’t take this. | 但我不能拿. |
[05:28] | All right, if that’s how you feel. | 太好了, 如果你真这么想的话. |
[05:30] | Ray! | 雷! |
[05:38] | Look, Robert, it’s okay. It’s okay. It’s just a loan. | 罗伯特,好了, 没什么的,就算借给你的. |
[05:42] | Yeah, but that’s just it. The way things are, | 对,就算是借我的, 可问题是 |
[05:45] | I don’t know when I’ll be able to pay it back. | 我不知道我什么时候能还你们. |
[05:47] | And I can’t live with that. | 所以我不能借你们钱. |
[05:49] | But you know what? | 但你们知道吗? |
[05:51] | I’ll never forget that you offered it to me. | 你们的好意我不会忘记的. |
[05:56] | This means so much to me. | 对我来说,这种情意太重要了. |
[06:11] | Here, take it. It’s a gift. | 给你,拿着 算送你的礼物. |
[06:16] | We want you to have it, Robert, | 罗伯特,我们送你的礼物, |
[06:17] | and we don’t want you to worry about it. | 就别担心还不还的问题了. |
[06:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[06:37] | Okay. | 好了. |
[06:39] | Come here. | 过来. |
[06:50] | This really helps, Raymond. | 真的帮大忙了,雷蒙德. |
[06:51] | It’s okay, Robert. | 好了,罗伯特. |
[06:55] | You’re my brother! | 你是我哥! |
[07:03] | Hey. We’re here to pick up the kids, unless you wanna keep ’em. | 嗨,我们接孩子来了, 最好你们不让我们接. |
[07:07] | Frank, we brought you some doughnuts. | 弗兰克,我们给你带了些油炸圈饼. |
[07:09] | The kids were here two days in a row. | 小家伙们已经连续在这呆两天了. |
[07:12] | There better be some eclairs in here. | 里面要是奶酪馅的饼就好了. |
[07:15] | Sorry, Dad. I guess you don’t want ’em. | 对不起,爸爸, 听起来你不喜欢孩子们在这? |
[07:17] | – Get lost. – Hi, dears. | – 最好丢了. – 嗨,亲爱的. |
[07:20] | – Hey, Marie. – Hey. | – 嗨,玛丽. – 嗨. |
[07:21] | What are those, doughnuts? | 那是什么,油炸圈饼? |
[07:22] | Get lost. | 最好丢了. |
[07:26] | You better save one for Robbie. He’s coming over. | 留点给罗伯特吃. 他马上就过来了. |
[07:29] | Oh, great. Mopey Dick. | 哦,很好,装深沉的sb. |
[07:33] | He’s in a very good mood now. | 他现在心情很好. |
[07:35] | He’s not Mopey Dick. | 他不是装深沉的sb. |
[07:36] | He sounded so happy. | 他听起来很快乐的. |
[07:39] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[07:44] | Yeah, we did a nice thing. | 嗯,我们学了次雷锋. |
[07:46] | Hey, it’s a box of doughnuts. You’re not Mother Teresa. | 嗨,不就是给我盒圈饼吗, 别搞得像德兰修女似的. |
[07:49] | No! Dad, we did something for Robert. | 不是说你,而是我们帮了下罗伯特. |
[07:53] | What did you do? | 你们干了什么? |
[07:54] | He just told us that he’s been going through | 罗伯特和我们说, 他现在正遭遇 |
[07:57] | a rough patch financially, | 严重的经济危机, |
[07:59] | so we helped him out a little. | 于是我们就帮了他点. |
[08:01] | You mean with money? | 你指的是钱吧? |
[08:05] | Yeah. | 对. |
[08:07] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[08:12] | $1,000. | |
[08:14] | What are you two, idiots? | 你们真是两个白痴? |
[08:18] | No. We thought it was the right thing to do. | 不,我们认为做的没错. |
[08:20] | And you heard Marie. He’s finally happy. | 你也听到玛丽的话了. 罗伯特现在很高兴. |
[08:22] | Why didn’t he come to us if he needed money? | 他缺钱为什么不向我们要? |
[08:25] | Because we’d say no. | 因为我们不会给他的. |
[08:28] | I’m his mother. | 我是他妈妈. |
[08:29] | I’m the one he should come to if he needed money. | 他需要钱,应该来找我的. |
[08:31] | Raymond, I wanna buy out that loan. | 雷蒙德,我要把你借罗伯特的钱 赎回来. |
[08:34] | No! No way! | 不行,决不行! |
[08:36] | Lending money to Robert is the stupidest thing I ever heard. | 我听到的最愚蠢的事就是 借给罗伯特钱. |
[08:39] | It wasn’t a loan, it was a gift. | 不是借给他的, 是送给他的. |
[08:41] | I stand corrected. | 我要更正刚才的话. |
[08:48] | Why don’t you see how many doughnuts | 多少个油炸圈 |
[08:50] | you can get in your mouth, Dad? | 才能堵住你的嘴, 爸爸? |
[08:51] | Oh, they’re all going in. | 哦,全倒进去都无所谓. |
[08:54] | But let me tell you something about giving money: | 让我告诉你们有关借钱的事: |
[08:57] | First of all, you never just offer it to anybody. | 最重要的是,你不要借钱给任何人. |
[09:01] | They gotta come to you with a really good reason | 他们就是有再好的借钱理由, |
[09:03] | and a whole plan to pay you back. | 再完整的还钱计划. |
[09:06] | And then, only after they prove they’re good for it, | 你所要做的就是静静的听 他们把所有的都说完, |
[09:10] | you tell ’em, “Beat it, loser.” | 然后说:“滚开,失败的家伙”。 |
[09:15] | So you just humiliate them? | 你就这么羞辱向你借钱的人? |
[09:17] | No. They shame themselves. They learn a lesson. | 不,是他们羞辱自己. 我要给他们个教训. |
[09:20] | And if they don’t, screw them. Who needs friends like that? | 就是要教训教训他们。 谁需要这种借钱的朋友呀? |
[09:25] | Hey, everybody! How’s it going? | 嗨,大家好! 怎么了? |
[09:27] | Nice to see everybody. | 很高兴看见大家. |
[09:31] | Okay, see? Happy. | 好, 看到了吧? 很快乐. |
[09:33] | Yeah, it’s nice. | 对,是很棒. |
[09:34] | Why wouldn’t he come to me? | 他为什么不向我借钱? |
[09:37] | I’ll see you guys later. | 再见,伙计们. |
[09:39] | Hey, where you going? | 嗨,你要去哪? |
[09:40] | Robbie, do you want a doughnut? | 罗比,要吃油炸圈饼吗? |
[09:42] | Oh, I’d love to, Ma, but there’s a couple things I have to take care of | 哦,我喜欢吃,妈, 可我要在度假之前 |
[09:44] | before I go on vacation. | 把一些事处理处理. |
[09:48] | Vacation? | 度假? |
[09:49] | Yep. Las Vegas, Nevada! | 没错,内华达州,拉斯维加斯! |
[09:53] | Oh, I need my flip-flops. | 哦,我还要带拖鞋. |
[10:09] | Did he just say he’s going to Las Vegas? | 他刚才是说要去拉斯维加斯吗? |
[10:11] | Nevada! | 内华达州! |
[10:17] | Robert. Robert! | 罗伯特,罗伯特! |
[10:19] | Yeah?! | 什么事?! |
[10:20] | Do you have a moment?! | 你有空吗?! |
[10:25] | Can you believe this? | 简直不敢相信? |
[10:26] | Hey. What’s up, bro? | 嗨,怎么了,兄弟? |
[10:28] | Well, bro, word has it you’re going to Vegas. | 嗯,兄弟, 听起来你好像要去拉斯维加斯. |
[10:32] | Yep. I’m hopping on the big silver bird at 8:45 tomorrow. | 没错,我计划明天早上8:30 游“银鸟”娱乐城. |
[10:35] | By 1:45, the Emperor’s Buffet at Caesars Palace… | 1:45去凯撒殿的宫廷餐厅… |
[10:39] | shrimp, tacos, waffles and turkey legs! | 虾、豆卷、华夫饼干还有火鸡腿! |
[10:43] | And, hey, while you’re in Vegas, | 还有当你去拉斯维加斯的时候, |
[10:45] | you can pick up Ray’s “Sucker of the Year” award. | 你顺便把雷的 “年度最幼稚”奖牌给领回来! |
[10:50] | Wait a minute. Robert, Are you sure you can afford to go to Las Vegas? | 等下,罗伯特, 你确信你有这个财力去拉斯维加斯吗? |
[10:55] | Well, I can now, thanks to you. | 我现在可以去, 这要感谢你了! |
[10:57] | But you were eating bologna pie! | 但是你还在吃大腊肠馅饼呢! |
[11:01] | Debra, why would you make that for him? | 黛布拉,你为什么做那个给他吃? |
[11:07] | I didn’t make it. | 我没做过. |
[11:09] | Robert was saying he’s been eating bologna and everything | 罗伯特说他天天都以大腊肠度日 |
[11:11] | because he has no money. | 因为他缺钱花. |
[11:13] | Yeah, we thought you would use that $1,000 to, | 就是,我本来以为你用那1000元去…… |
[11:15] | I don’t know, keep yourself alive. | 维持生存。 |
[11:18] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[11:19] | What do I mean? What about all your problems and your bills? | 我有什么意思? 你的困境和那些账单怎么办? |
[11:22] | You see, I thought about that, | 你知道吗, 我是这么想的, |
[11:24] | but those things’ll always be there. | 那些账单是我原预算里的。 |
[11:25] | When else am I gonna have an extra $1,000 to go to Vegas? | 而我现在有了1000元的额外预算, 我就不能去拉斯维加斯了吗? |
[11:29] | That wasn’t an extra $1,000. | 那不是额外的1000元. |
[11:33] | Robert, can I say something? | 罗伯特,我能说句吗? |
[11:34] | Going to Las Vegas seems a bit extravagant | 去拉斯维加斯是不是奢侈了点 |
[11:38] | for someone in your position. | 对你现在来说. |
[11:39] | Well, my position is extremely stressed and needing a vacation. | 对,我现在就是因为压力太大了, 所以需要度假 |
[11:43] | Oh, if you need a vacation, Robbie, | 哦。如果你需要度假,罗比, |
[11:45] | you know where I always wanted to go? Hershey, Pennsylvania. | 你知道我经常去哪度假? 宾西法列亚州的赫胥园 |
[11:49] | We could watch them make chocolate. | 我们可以去看他们制巧克力. (赫胥公司是美国最大的糖果公司) |
[11:51] | Yeah, you’re gonna watch. | 对,你也只是看看. |
[11:55] | All right, I’ll see you guys later. | 好了, 我先走了,再见。 |
[11:57] | Hold it, Robert. You don’t see anything wrong | 等等,罗伯特, 拿着我的钱去拉斯维加斯 |
[12:01] | with taking my money and going to Vegas? | 你觉得没错吗? |
[12:03] | You mean the money I never asked for that you gave me as a gift? | 我没向你要过钱, 那笔钱是你送给我的? |
[12:06] | Come on! You came in our house with a big crying act, | 别装了! 你摆着张哭丧脸去我们家, |
[12:09] | and then you ate all my cookies. | 然后吃了我所有的饼干. |
[12:11] | Can I just say something? | 我能说几句吗? |
[12:12] | No. The last thing you said cost me $1,000. | 闭嘴,你上次说了句, 就干掉了我1000块! |
[12:21] | I didn’t give you that money so you could go to Vegas. | 我要是不给你钱, 你能去拉斯维加斯吗! |
[12:25] | Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t read the small print on the check. | 对不起,我没有看支票上的 那些小字的附加条件! |
[12:29] | I didn’t realize your gifts came with rules attached. | |
[12:31] | “Here’s the money, and here’s a list of things you can do with it.” | “给你钱, 这些是你能用这笔钱做的事。” |
[12:34] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我不是这个意思. |
[12:36] | If you gave me a chair, would you tell me how to sit in it? | 给了我把椅子, 还要告诉我应该怎么坐,是不是? |
[12:38] | “Here, Robert. I gave you this chair. | “嗨,罗伯特, 椅子是我给你的. |
[12:41] | Don’t sit like this. Sit like this!” | 不能这样坐. 要这么坐!” |
[12:45] | Now, Robert… | 罗伯特… |
[12:52] | I gave you that money, and you hugged me. | 我给了你钱, 你要拥抱了我. |
[12:55] | And I let you hug me. | 我让你拥抱了. |
[12:58] | And I said, “You’re my brother.” | 还跟你说, “你是我哥哥.” |
[13:02] | You take that money and you go to Vegas with it, | 你要是用这笔钱去拉斯维加斯玩, |
[13:07] | you’re not my brother. | 你就不是我哥哥了. |
[13:13] | Oh, really? | 哦,真的? |
[13:30] | You know, | 告诉你, |
[13:32] | I once lost a friend over $50. | 我曾经因50元而失掉了一个朋友. |
[13:35] | And I’ll tell ya, | 你知道吗, |
[13:37] | sometimes when I’m driving, | 而当我有时在开车时, |
[13:41] | I still think about that $50. | 我想的还是失去的那50美元. |
[14:36] | Come in! | 请进! |
[14:38] | Get out! | 出去! |
[14:42] | Can I talk to you? | 能跟你谈一下吗? |
[14:47] | Look, I might’ve said some things back there | 听着,我要收回我说的 |
[14:51] | that I probably shouldn’t have said. | 那些不该说的话. |
[14:53] | It’s fine, Raymond. | 你说的没错,雷蒙德. |
[15:10] | You like that flavor combo? | 你喜欢这种混合味道? |
[15:14] | Yes, I do. | 对,我喜欢. |
[15:16] | And I’m gonna save some for later. | 我还要留点慢慢吃呢. |
[15:19] | Robert, I’m sorry, all right? | 罗伯特,对不起,好吗? |
[15:22] | I guess I reacted badly because, I don’t know, | 我想我当时的反应是太恶劣了, 不知道为什么这样, |
[15:26] | I was kind of shocked. | 大概就是因为有点震惊了. |
[15:28] | I didn’t mean to imply that you’re not my brother | 并不真的表示:你不是我哥哥了 |
[15:31] | or that I don’t want you to be my brother. | 或者我不要你这个哥哥了. |
[15:35] | You’re my brother, okay? | 你就是我哥,知道吗? |
[15:39] | Thank you, Raymond. That means a lot to me. | 谢谢,雷蒙德, 有这句话就够了. |
[15:41] | I think I understand now where you’re coming from. | 我想我现在知道了你从哪里来的。 |
[15:44] | Good. Good. | 那就好,那就好. |
[15:47] | I’m gonna go pack. | 我要去打包了. |
[15:49] | Wait wait wait! You’re still going? | 等等,等等! 你还要去? |
[15:52] | What do you mean? You just apologized. | 什么意思? 你已经道歉过了. |
[15:55] | I apologized for saying you’re not my brother, | 我向你道歉,是说你不是我哥那句话, |
[15:57] | but why would I apologize for you taking my money | 而不是你拿我钱去拉斯维加斯玩 |
[16:00] | and going to Vegas with it? | 我还要道歉? |
[16:01] | Because you realize that only a heartless dictator, | 因为你意识到了自己 就是一个没心没肺的大独裁者 |
[16:04] | or Mom, | 就跟老妈一样, |
[16:06] | would tell people how to live their lives. | 命令别人该怎么怎么活. |
[16:10] | You’re calling me a heartless dictator… | 我称我是没心没肺的独裁者…… |
[16:12] | or Mom?! | 还像老妈?! |
[16:23] | You’re exactly the same. | 你们简直一模一样. |
[16:25] | So why don’t you just leave me alone | 你为什么就不能让我自己呆会儿, |
[16:27] | and go back to Raymondland, | 你滚回你的属于你雷蒙德的领地 |
[16:29] | where all the birds sing your name | 那里所有的鸟儿都喊着你的名字 |
[16:31] | and the squirrels press your pants for you? | 所有的松鼠都在抢你的内裤? |
[16:37] | Oh, I see. Oh, I have the life, right? | 哦,我懂了,哦, 我拥有了一切,对吧? |
[16:40] | Oh, it never ends for Raymond. | 哦,什么好处都是雷蒙德的! |
[16:43] | Yeah. Yeah. I’m lucky, right? | 是,是的, 我就是幸运,对吧? |
[16:46] | I have so much money to give away | 我有很多钱到处散, |
[16:47] | that you can just take it and go to Vegas with it, | 你拿了我的钱去拉斯维加斯玩 |
[16:50] | and that’ll be your big “Screw you” to me. | 然后还对我说“讨厌你”! |
[16:52] | Oh, yeah? Well, then, I’ll tell you what, | 哦,错了吗? 我告诉你为什么, |
[16:54] | see? Why don’t you just take your check back? | 知道吗? 你为什么要把支票要回去? |
[16:56] | Because the bottom line | 因为你的基本原则就是 |
[16:58] | is you can’t stand to see me happy. | 看到我快乐你就不爽. |
[17:01] | No, you take it. You take this check. | 不,你拿着, 支票你拿着! |
[17:03] | I don’t want it. | 我不要了. |
[17:04] | You take it. | 你拿着. |
[17:06] | Stop it! | 停下来! |
[17:07] | You take it! | 你拿着! |
[17:15] | It’s worth $1,000 | 给你1000块 |
[17:17] | not to hear any of your crap again. | 就是不想再听到你唧唧歪歪. |
[17:19] | My crap is true! | 我的唧唧歪歪都是正确的! |
[17:25] | What is it, huh? | 怎么了,啊? |
[17:28] | It’s like you wanna take my money | 好像你拿我的钱 |
[17:30] | ’cause you think I don’t even deserve it in the first place. | 是因为我不配拥有这笔钱. |
[17:35] | Oh my God. You do think that. | 哦,天哪, 你真的这么想的 |
[17:40] | You do think that! Gimme my check back! | 你真的这么想的! 把支票还我! |
[17:42] | I didn’t say that! | 我没那么说过! |
[17:43] | You didn’t not say it. | 你就是这个意思. |
[17:45] | Oh, come on, Raymond, be honest. | 哦,好吧,雷蒙德, 诚实点! |
[17:47] | You’re telling me that luck hasn’t played a small role in your life? | 你一直在说你能有今天和运气没关系,对吧? |
[17:49] | Where? What? How am I luckier than you? | 怎么了?啊! 我运气那点比你好了? |
[17:52] | Look at me! | 瞧瞧我! |
[17:55] | Look how I’m living, look how I eat! | 瞧我住的地方, 瞧我吃得东西! |
[17:57] | Bologna and orange juice, like an animal! | 大腊肠和橘子汁! 像个畜牲似的! |
[18:07] | Why do you think I have to go to Vegas? | 你在想我为什么非要去拉斯维加斯? |
[18:09] | Because I’m not lucky, Raymond. | 因为我一直走霉运, 雷蒙德, |
[18:12] | I need a break from my life! | 我就是需要转转运! |
[18:30] | Here. | 给你. |
[18:32] | Go to Vegas. | 去拉斯维加斯吧. |
[18:36] | No. I can’t. I don’t want to. | 不,我不去了. 我不想去了. |
[18:40] | Sorry for what I said, Raymond. | 对我刚才说的说声对不起,雷蒙德. |
[18:42] | You deserve everything you got. | 你的所有一切都是你应得的! |
[18:45] | I’m just a jealous jerk. | 我只不过是个爱嫉妒的混蛋. |
[18:51] | I don’t know what you’re jealous about. | 我不知道你有什么好嫉妒的. |
[18:53] | I mean… you dream of taking a vacation in Vegas. | 我的意思是… 你的梦想是 去拉斯维加斯度假. |
[18:57] | You know what I dream of? | 你知道我的梦想是什么? |
[18:59] | Five minutes in the bathroom without a gang of maniacs | 在浴盆里拥有五分钟安静 |
[19:01] | pounding on the door. | 而没有一帮神经病不停的捶门. |
[19:06] | Yeah, but at least if you pass out in there, | 对,但是至少你在浴室里昏倒了, |
[19:09] | you’ve got someone to come and find you. | 有人会发现你 |
[19:12] | What do you do in the bathroom? | 你在浴室里干啥了? |
[19:22] | Hey, you know what? Why don’t you come with me? | 嘿,知道我想起什么了? 为什么不和我一块去拉斯维加斯? |
[19:26] | Where? Vegas? | 哪? 拉斯维加斯? |
[19:28] | Come on, the Barone Brothers on the Strip. | 去吧,巴隆兄弟一块出发! |
[19:32] | No… | 不… |
[19:34] | I can’t go there. | 我不去. |
[19:35] | I’ll go one day, probably 10 years from now | 我有机会去的, 也许10年后的某天 |
[19:38] | to drag Ally out of a casino chapel. | 我去那的赌场把艾丽拖回家. |
[19:42] | Come on, white tigers, magical fountains. | 去吧,白虎, 魔术喷泉 |
[19:46] | They’ve got a hotel from every country. | 有来自全球各个国家的宾馆. |
[19:48] | It’s like the whole world on one big hot street. | 好比就在一条街上集中了整个世界. |
[19:52] | Hey, don’t think I wouldn’t love to go. | 嗨 , 不是不想去. |
[19:54] | There’s only one problem, | 就是还有个麻烦, |
[19:55] | and she’s not a small problem. | 黛布拉可是个不小的障碍. |
[19:57] | All right, look, just tell her it would be really important to me. | 这好办,听着, 你就告诉他这对我很重要. |
[20:00] | Come on, two or three days. Tell her. | 好了,就两三天, 跟她说 |
[20:03] | She may not care if you’re happy, but she likes me. | 她可能不关心你是否高兴, 可她希望我高兴呀. |
[20:12] | That’s true. | 那倒是. |
[20:15] | Come on, Ray. Two or three days. | 快点,雷 就两三天. |
[20:18] | Empty hotel room, minibar, | 空空的宾馆房间,迷你酒吧, |
[20:21] | pay-per-view movies. | 按次计费的电影. |
[20:23] | Room-service cheeseburgers at 3:00 in the morning. | 早上3:00就供应的奶酪肉饼. |
[20:29] | We’re gonna need another thousand. | 那我们还差1000块. |
[20:37] | Hey. So how’d it go? | 嗨,你们谈的怎么样? |
[20:39] | It didn’t go well. | 进行的不太如意. |
[20:41] | Really? | 真的? |
[20:42] | No. Those things I said really hurt him. | 对,我说的那些话真的伤了他的心. |
[20:45] | Didn’t you apologize? | 你没道歉? |
[20:47] | Yeah, I apologized. | 不,我道歉了 |
[20:48] | He said it’s gonna take more than an apology. | 他说道歉管什么用? |
[20:50] | He said talk is cheap. | 他还说这种谈话一文不值。 |
[20:56] | Oh. Well, what are you gonna do? | 哦,那你准备怎么办? |
[20:59] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道. |
[21:01] | I think he’d like it if I spent more time with him. | 我想也许我和他一块呆几天, 他也许会高兴起来. |
[21:05] | Yeah, that would be good. | 对呀,这个主意不错. |
[21:07] | He’s thinking of, like, six days in Vegas. | 他是想去拉斯维加斯呆六天. |
[21:19] | What? | 什么? |
[21:20] | That’s what he said. | 都是他说的. |
[21:22] | Yeah. I told him, “No way. I don’t wanna go.” | 对,我也和他说了, “不可能,我不想去”。 |
[21:24] | He got this hurt look on his face, | 他的脸上就显示了受伤害的神情了 |
[21:26] | and then he turned his back to me, | 然后他就转过了身子, |
[21:27] | and I think he was crying ’cause he did one of those… | 我想他是在哭, 因为他就像这样…….. |
[21:34] | I don’t know. I felt so bad. | 不知道怎么办. 就是感觉很坏. |
[21:38] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do. | 我不知道我该怎么办. |
[21:40] | I think maybe it’s a good idea. | 我想也许这是个好主意. |
[21:43] | Yeah? You think? | 啊? 你这么想的? |
[21:44] | Yeah. I think you should go. | 对,我认为你应该去. |
[21:46] | And when you get there, see what the odds are | 当你去了拉斯维加斯,回来还可以 |
[21:48] | of me being here when you get back. | 看看我在家的可能性有多大! |