时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | www.tvsubtitles.net | |
[00:02] | Hello, dears. | 亲爱的,你们好 |
[00:03] | – Hey, Ma. – Hey. | – 嗨,妈妈 – 嗨 |
[00:05] | Robert, have you and Amy set a date for the wedding? | 罗勃,你和艾美婚礼日子订了吗? |
[00:09] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[00:11] | Look, Ma, we haven’t even worked up the nerve | 听着,妈,我们还没有鼓足勇气 |
[00:13] | to tell her parents we’re engaged. | 告诉她父母我们订婚了 |
[00:17] | What are you waiting for? | 你们在等什么? |
[00:19] | For them to die. | 等他们死 |
[00:21] | Raymond, don’t say that. | 雷蒙德,别那么说 |
[00:24] | That could take years. | 这要等很多年 |
[00:27] | What are you watching? | 你们在看什么? |
[00:28] | A movie. | 电影 |
[00:30] | Nope. | 不 |
[00:34] | – Hi, Daddy. | – Hi, Daddy. – 嗨,爸爸 – 嗨,爸爸 |
[00:35] | Hey, guys! Hey! | 嗨,小伙子们! |
[00:37] | Oh! Tickle monster! | 哦! 挠胳肢窝妖怪! |
[00:41] | What’s up? | 什么事? |
[00:42] | Daddy, we’re going outside, okay? | 爸爸,我们出去玩,好吗? |
[00:44] | All right. Don’t throw rocks. | 好吧,别扔石头 |
[00:48] | Wait wait wait. Did you two clean your room? | 等等,房间收拾干净了吗? |
[00:51] | Daddy said we could go outside. | 爸爸说我们可以出去玩 |
[00:52] | Oh, nice try. | 哦,想得美 |
[00:55] | That room is a disaster area, | 你们屋子就像是灾难现场 |
[00:57] | and I asked you two to clean it half an hour ago. | 半小时前我就让你们收拾 |
[01:03] | Maybe they can go outside and finish up a little later. | 也许他们可以先出去玩 一会再回来收拾 |
[01:06] | No, Ray! What are you doing? | 不行,雷! 你在干什么? |
[01:09] | You two get upstairs and clean your room right now! | 你们马上上楼去收拾! |
[01:17] | Mommy’s mean! | 妈妈真坏! |
[01:23] | Ray, can I speak to you in the kitchen for a minute? | 雷,我能和你在 厨房这儿说两句吗? |
[01:31] | Ma, can I go outside? | 妈,我能出去玩吗? |
[01:36] | Ray, I want to talk to you. | 雷,我想和你谈谈 |
[01:39] | Hi, Grandma. Hi, Grandpa. | 嗨,奶奶 嗨,爷爷 |
[01:41] | Hello, dear. | 你好,亲爱的 |
[01:42] | Oh, Frank, doesn’t Ally look nice | 哦,法兰克,艾莉穿着 |
[01:45] | in her Frontier Girl uniform? | 童子军制服好看吧? |
[01:48] | Great. When’s cookie season? | 很好,什么时候开始卖饼干? |
[01:53] | In the spring. | 春天 |
[01:54] | I’ll see you then. | 春天见 |
[01:56] | Have a good time, sweetheart. | 好好玩,亲爱的 |
[01:58] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[01:59] | I’ll be right there, sweetie. | 我马上来,亲爱的 |
[02:01] | I guess we’ll talk later | 我要带艾莉去开会 |
[02:03] | ’cause I have to take Ally to her meeting. | 我想我们回头再谈吧 |
[02:05] | You make sure the boys clean that room! | 你保证两个儿子 把他们房间收拾了! |
[02:07] | Oh, Debra, I’ll clean up. | 哦,黛博拉,我来收拾 |
[02:09] | In fact, I’ll give the whole upstairs a once-over. | 事实上,我可以给 楼上来个大扫除 |
[02:14] | And then the downstairs. | 然后是楼下 |
[02:17] | Thank you, Marie, | 谢谢你,玛莉 |
[02:18] | but the boys can do it themselves. | 但是他们得自己干 |
[02:20] | Boys should play. | 男孩应该好好玩 |
[02:22] | I hardly ever used to make Raymond tidy up. | 我以前基本上 没让雷蒙德做过家事 |
[02:24] | I know, Marie, and thank you for that. | 我知道,玛莉 我可得谢谢你 |
[02:30] | For Raymond, it was, “Don’t worry, go play.” | 对雷蒙德来说 ” 别担心,玩去吧 “ |
[02:33] | What I got was, “Robbie, dust the ceiling!” | 我听到的就是 ” 罗勃,把天花板上灰尘弄干净!” |
[02:41] | So you know, my mom’s got it all covered, all right? | 现在你知道了 我妈妈来收拾,好吗? |
[02:44] | Ray, you make sure that the boys do it themselves. | 雷,你得保证他们自己做 |
[02:48] | And for once, don’t be afraid to be the bad guy. | 这一次你别害怕做坏人 |
[02:50] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[02:52] | I mean, you always get to be Captain Good Times around here, | 我是说,你总是个好好先生 |
[02:54] | and Mommy is the evil witch | 而妈妈就是坏巫婆 |
[02:56] | who shows up to spoil everybody’s fun. | 一出现就扫大家的兴 |
[02:58] | No, that’s Ray’s mommy. | 不,那是雷的妈妈 |
[03:04] | Debra, when it comes to discipline, | 黛博拉,在管教孩子方面 |
[03:06] | it’s only natural | 自然而然的是 |
[03:07] | for one of the parents to be the bad guy. | 父母中的一个扮坏人 |
[03:10] | I was the best bad guy | 我是林布鲁克街道上 |
[03:11] | ever to walk the streets of Lynbrook. | 最好的坏人 |
[03:13] | These two knew not to mess with me. | 他们俩都知道别和我胡闹 |
[03:15] | When they were up to their usual monkeyshines, | 当他们胡闹的时候 |
[03:18] | all I had to do was give ’em “the step.” | 我只需要上前一步给他们看 |
[03:20] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[03:25] | – Take it easy. – Just relax. | – 别紧张 – 放松 |
[03:31] | End of monkeyshines! | 胡闹就结束了! |
[03:33] | Wow. | 哇 |
[03:34] | He was good. | 他真不赖 |
[03:36] | Nobody has to be the bad guy | 只要你严格 监督孩子们守规矩 |
[03:37] | if you would just be firmer in setting limits for the kids. | 不用谁非得做坏人 |
[03:40] | But I know you. | 但是我了解你 |
[03:41] | You’re worried if you do, they won’t like you. | 你担心如果 你严格了他们不喜欢你 |
[03:43] | – No no. – Yes. | – 不是不是 – 是的 |
[03:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:47] | It’s sad, really. | 很悲哀,真的 |
[03:51] | This obsession with being liked by everyone | 你执着于让每个人都喜欢你 |
[03:55] | has now contaminated your child-rearing. | 现在都影响了 你对孩子的教育 |
[03:59] | Do me a favor. I’ve got an air freshener in the car. | 帮个忙 我车里有空气清新剂 |
[04:02] | Could you hang it off your nose? | 你能把它挂在你鼻子上吗? |
[04:13] | There’s no reason | 没有理由再让雷蒙德去扮演 |
[04:15] | for Raymond to be the bad guy | 坏人的角色 |
[04:16] | when Debra’s so naturally good at it. | 因为黛博拉有扮坏人的天赋 |
[04:19] | I’m not good at it. | 我不擅长扮坏人 |
[04:21] | That was a compliment, dear. | 我这是在夸你,亲爱的 |
[04:24] | When my boys acted up, | 当孩子们捣蛋的时候 |
[04:26] | all I’d have to say is, | 我能做的只是说 |
[04:28] | “Wait till your father gets home.” | ” 等爸爸回来收拾你们 “ |
[04:29] | I would love to be able to do that, | 我也很希望我能那样 |
[04:31] | but whenever I say, “Wait till your father gets home,” | 但是每当我说 ” 等爸爸回来收拾你们 “ |
[04:34] | the twins say, “Great. He works for us.” | 双胞胎都说 “好啊,他为我们工作” |
[04:37] | Yeah yeah. Okay. | 是的是的,好吧 |
[04:40] | That’s just the way it goes, honey. | 亲爱的,就是这样子 |
[04:42] | How could you ever be the bad guy? | 你怎么能做坏人呢? |
[04:46] | Stop it! | 住手! |
[04:47] | Who’s the bad guy? | 坏人是谁? |
[04:50] | Oh, we’ve touched a nerve. | 哦,我们戳到痛处了 |
[04:52] | Did not. Shut up. | 没有,闭嘴 |
[04:53] | Touched a nerve! | Touched a nerve! 戳到痛处了! 戳到痛处了! |
[04:55] | Hey, listen, if you’d just lay down the law once in a while, | 嗨,听着,如果你能 时不时地严格一点 |
[04:58] | maybe the twins would respect you more. | 也许双胞胎 就会更尊敬你一些 |
[05:00] | They respect me! | 他们尊敬我! |
[05:01] | They do? When? | 是吗?什么时候? |
[05:02] | When you tell them to get dressed | 当你告诉他们穿衣服 |
[05:04] | and I find them watching TV with their pants on top of their heads? | 我却发现他们把裤子 套在头上看电视? |
[05:08] | I’m a fun dad. | 我是个好玩的爸爸 |
[05:09] | Yeah, well, you’ve got the “fun” part right. | 是啊,你说得对,好玩 |
[05:12] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 但是那是什么意思? |
[05:13] | You’re a lousy dad. | 你是个差劲的爸爸 |
[05:18] | I’ve got to take Ally. I’ll be back in a little while. | 我得带艾莉走了 我一会回来 |
[05:23] | Come on. You’ve seen me lay down the law, right? | 你见过我定规矩,是吧? |
[05:27] | I’ve seen you lay down. | 我见过你规矩 |
[05:31] | Now roll over. | 现在再来定 |
[05:34] | He’s such a good boy. | 他是个好孩子 |
[05:43] | Guys, what are you doing? | 嘿,你们在干什么? |
[05:44] | Playing. | 玩啊 |
[05:46] | You’re supposed to clean up your room. | 你们应该收拾屋子 |
[05:47] | Five more minutes. | 再等五分钟 |
[05:49] | No. | 不 |
[05:51] | No, not this time. | 不,这次不行 |
[05:53] | Not five more minutes. Now. | 不是再等五分钟,现在 |
[05:56] | Guys, I want you to clean up your room. | 我想让你们去收拾你们的房间 |
[05:58] | – Five more minutes. – No… | – 再等五分钟 – 不… |
[06:00] | Guys, I mean it. | 我是说真的 |
[06:04] | Guys, I’m not fooling around, okay? | 我不是闹着玩的,好吗? |
[06:09] | All right, you know what? You know what? | 好了,你们知道吗? 你们知道吗? |
[06:27] | Listen, guys, I mean it! | 听着,我是认真的! |
[06:29] | Stop, guys. | 停下来 |
[06:30] | I want you to clean this room now. | 我想你们现在就去收拾房间 |
[06:32] | Come on, guys. I’m not fooling around! | 快点,我不是说着玩的! |
[06:33] | Stop it! | 停下来! |
[06:35] | Stop it, guys! I’m getting annoyed now! | 停下来,我现在生气了! |
[06:37] | Stop it! Guys! | 停下来! |
[06:40] | Okay, no TV for a month! | 好了,一个月不许看电视! |
[06:43] | What?! | 什么?! |
[06:45] | You’re going to clean this room, all right? | 你们要收拾房间,好吗? |
[06:48] | And then I’m going to find more work for you to do, | 然后我会找更多活儿给你们干 |
[06:50] | like take out the trash every day. | 比如每天倒垃圾 |
[06:52] | That’s right. Used to be my job. | 对,曾经是我的任务 |
[06:54] | Well, now it’s yours, okay? | 好吧,现在是你们的了,好吗? |
[06:55] | You want to live here, | 你们想住在这儿住 |
[06:57] | I’m the boss. | 我是老板 |
[06:58] | I don’t work for you, you work for me! | 我不是为你们工作 你们为我工作! |
[07:01] | What’s all the yell… | 吼叫什么呀… |
[07:02] | No no no! I got it! | 不不不! 我来! |
[07:04] | – Mommy! – Daddy’s being mean! | – 妈妈! – 爸爸好坏! |
[07:07] | And crazy! | 而且发狂! |
[07:08] | I’m crazy? | 我是发狂? |
[07:10] | You know what? Forget about cleaning up. | 你们知道吗? 现在不整理了 |
[07:12] | It’s bedtime. Say good night to mommy. | 现在是睡觉时间了 给妈妈说晚安 |
[07:14] | Go. Get in bed. Get in bed. | 去,上床去,上床去 |
[07:16] | Come on, come on. Lie down. | 快点,快点,躺下来 |
[07:18] | Lie down over there. Go! Lie down. | 躺床上去,快点! |
[07:19] | Ray, it’s noon. | 雷,现在是中午 |
[07:22] | Well, that’s the new bedtime! | 好吧,这是新的睡觉时间! |
[07:24] | All right, I’m not kidding around anymore! | 好了,我不是跟你们闹着玩的! |
[07:26] | No more fun stuff! | 不再有好玩的事情了! |
[07:28] | If there’s any more screwing around, | 如果有谁胡来 |
[07:30] | no TV, no dessert, | 没电视看,没点心吃 |
[07:32] | no Christmas, Easter, 4th of July or Halloween! | 不过圣诞,也没有复活节 国庆或者是万圣节! |
[07:37] | Ray, you’re being ridiculous. | 雷,你真荒唐 |
[07:38] | Night-night. Lights out. | 晚安,熄灯 |
[07:42] | Just put your hands over your eyes | 用你们的手盖住眼睛 |
[07:44] | and pretend it’s dark out. | 假装外面已经黑了 |
[07:46] | Come on, let’s go. | 好了,我们走 |
[07:49] | Sweet dreams, gentlemen. | 做个好梦,先生们 |
[07:55] | I suggest you sleep | 我建议你们睡觉 |
[07:57] | ’cause I’m filling the garbage tomorrow | 因为我明天装垃圾的时候 |
[07:59] | with the heaviest heaviest garbage! | 会装最重最重的垃圾! |
[08:09] | These two are hungry, so I made sandwiches. | 这两个人饿了 所以我做了三明治 |
[08:11] | – Great! – Hey! | – 好啊! – 嗨! |
[08:12] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[08:13] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[08:15] | You work up an appetite laying down the law. | 定规矩定得肚子饿 |
[08:20] | Ray just put the twins to bed | 雷刚刚让双胞胎上床 |
[08:22] | and took away all their holidays. | 还取消了他们所有的节目 |
[08:25] | Hey, all right. | 嗨,好啊 |
[08:27] | – Did you take away birthdays, too? – I’m saving that. | – 你把生日也取消了吗? – 这个我先保留了 |
[08:31] | Let’s see how they do with the garbage tomorrow. | 看看他们明天 倒垃圾表现怎么样 |
[08:33] | Very good. | 很好 |
[08:34] | Ray, listen to me. I know what you were trying to do up there, | 雷,听着 我知道你刚才想干什么 |
[08:36] | but that’s not exactly what I meant by setting limits. | 但我说的定规矩不是这样的 |
[08:38] | That is how you set limits. I know exactly what I’m doing. | 就得这样定规矩 我知道我在干什么 |
[08:41] | I think maybe you went too far. | 我觉得也许你过分了一点 |
[08:42] | I think maybe I went just right! | 我觉得也许我做的正好! |
[08:44] | Don’t you think maybe… | 你不觉得也许… |
[08:45] | Yes, I screwed up! | 是的,我搞砸了! |
[08:48] | I don’t know what the hell I’m doing! | 我不知道我在干嘛! |
[08:50] | Why’d you make me do that? | 你为什么让我那样做? |
[08:52] | What happened, Ray? | 发生什么了,雷? |
[08:53] | I don’t know! | 我不知道! |
[08:55] | I just started yelling, and then I couldn’t stop. | 我开始大喊大叫 然后我就停不下来了 |
[08:57] | Why can’t you stay the bad guy? | 你怎么不能 一直扮坏人扮下去? |
[08:59] | Can’t you see I stink at it? | 你看不出来这方面我很逊吗? |
[09:01] | Aw. Oh well, sweetie, it’s just not your way. | 哦,亲爱的 这不是你一贯的作风 |
[09:05] | I think you should go up | 我觉得你应该上去 |
[09:07] | and take back that punishment, | 收回那些惩罚 |
[09:09] | and then you, Debra, | 然后你,黛博拉 |
[09:10] | you go up and give it out again. | 你上去再把惩罚说给他们听 |
[09:16] | Ray, come on. You go up there and say you’re sorry. | 雷,去吧,上去说对不起 |
[09:18] | We’ll get it all worked out. | 我们会处理的 |
[09:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:26] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪儿都别去 |
[09:28] | What? | 什么? |
[09:30] | You back down now, you’ll be their puppet. | 你现在上去 你就成了他们的玩偶 |
[09:32] | You’ll be a permanent party clown | 你永远就是个屁股上 |
[09:33] | with bubbles coming out of your behind. | 冒泡泡的小丑 |
[09:39] | Come on, Frank, | 别这样,法兰克 |
[09:40] | what Ray did was completely unfair. | 雷做的完全不公平 |
[09:42] | Unfair is what kids remember. | 不公平孩子才记得住 |
[09:44] | Unfair is what keeps them on the straight and narrow. | 不公平 才能让他们品行端正 |
[09:47] | Remember in high school how you used to whine | 你记得你中学的时候曾经抱怨 |
[09:50] | about how unfair your 9:00 curfew was? | 你九点的宵禁令多不公平? |
[09:52] | Well, it kept you out of trouble now, didn’t it? | 啊,这让你没惹麻烦,是吧? |
[09:54] | Like it or not, unfair works! | 不管喜不喜欢 不公平能起作用! |
[10:02] | Except that Ray would come home at 9:00, | 但是雷九点回家 |
[10:05] | wait for you to fall asleep, | 等你睡着了 |
[10:07] | and then sneak back out. | 然后再悄悄溜出去 |
[10:12] | Raymond, is that true? | 雷蒙德,是真的吗? |
[10:14] | No, it is not true, Marie. | 不,不是真的,玛莉 |
[10:16] | It is manure. | 不是那样 |
[10:20] | He would always brag that he had the stairs memorized… | 他总是吹牛说 他记得家里的楼梯… |
[10:24] | you know, which ones would squeak, which didn’t. | 哪一步会响 哪一步没有声音 |
[10:26] | And once he got down ’em, | 一旦他下了楼 |
[10:28] | it was out the door for another night | 他又出门混一晚上 |
[10:30] | of bad judgment and questionable behavior. | 鬼鬼祟祟,形迹可疑 |
[10:35] | Baloney! | 胡扯! |
[10:37] | Ray knew what would happen | 雷知道如果背着我干坏事 |
[10:38] | if he blinked without my permission. | 有什么后果 |
[10:40] | I had him shivering in his boots. | 他怕我怕到会发抖 |
[10:42] | He knew if he lived in my house, | 他知道如果住在我家里 |
[10:44] | he lived by my rules. | 就得守我的规矩 |
[10:46] | Sneak out! Ha! | 溜出去! 嘿! |
[10:51] | Actually, Dad, with your snoring, | 实际上,爸爸 你的鼾声那么响 |
[10:54] | I could have marched out of there blowing a trumpet. | 我可以吹着 喇叭大踏步走出去 |
[10:59] | You little punk! | 你这个小混帐! |
[11:03] | So where would you go? | 那你去哪儿? |
[11:04] | Anywhere… parties, Bernie’s house. | 哪里都去… 参加派对,去伯尼家 |
[11:07] | Well, his mother’s getting a call. | 啊,我要给他的妈妈打电话 |
[11:10] | Sometimes I just took the Valiant for a drive. | 有时候我 开他的车出去兜兜风 |
[11:13] | You took my car? | 你偷开我的车? |
[11:14] | I’d always refill the gas | 我总是再加上油 |
[11:16] | so he’d never know that it was gone. | 所以他从来不知道油少了 |
[11:18] | – It was kinda brilliant. – Yeah, yup. | – 很聪明 – 是啊 |
[11:21] | And by the way, Robert did it, too. | 顺便说一声 罗勃也这样 |
[11:23] | Never! | 从来没有! |
[11:26] | Yes, oh yes! | 有的,啊,有的! |
[11:28] | Once, we snuck out to go to the Jethro Tull concert, | 有一次,我们溜出去看 杰叟罗图的音乐会 |
[11:31] | and he stole a bottle of peppermint schnapps | 他从你的酒柜里 |
[11:34] | from your liquor cabinet! | 偷了一瓶薄荷酒! |
[11:35] | He’s lying! | 他在说谎! |
[11:48] | Yeah, I know he is | 是的,我知道 |
[11:50] | ’cause I had that cabinet padlocked. | 因为我把酒柜上锁了 |
[11:52] | That’s why he had to inch it away from the wall | 所以他绕到一边 |
[11:55] | and pop out the back panel. | 把后面板子取下来了 |
[11:57] | You drank? | 你喝酒? |
[11:59] | You popped out the back panel? | 你把后面板子取下来? |
[12:05] | And after the concert, Robert was so schnockered, | 音乐会以后 罗勃醉醺醺的 |
[12:07] | he wanted to fight anybody who didn’t agree | 谁要是不同意”丛林之歌” |
[12:09] | that “Bungle in the Jungle” was the best song ever written. | 是写得最好的歌 他就和人家打架 |
[12:13] | That’s a great song… | 那是一首好歌… |
[12:15] | but this is lies! | 但是这是谎言! |
[12:21] | Then, I remember the next morning he threw up in the living room, | 然后,我记得隔天早晨 他在客厅里吐了 |
[12:23] | and you wanted to know why | 你还想知道为什么 |
[12:25] | the house smelled like mint vomit. | 房子里闻起来 有薄荷呕吐物的味道 |
[12:30] | You told me you had a bad candy cane. | 你告诉我 你吃了坏了的糖果 |
[12:37] | Oh, Frank, our sons are juvenile delinquents! | 哦,法兰克,我们的孩子 是未成年罪犯! |
[12:40] | Yeah? Well, you know that time we went to the Poconos? | 是吗? 啊,你们知道 我们去波科诺那次吗? |
[12:44] | He had a girl in his room. | 他屋里有个女孩 |
[12:45] | – Oh, yeah? – Raymond! | – 哦,是吗? – 雷蒙德! |
[12:48] | Well, first of all, I was 25. | 好吧,首先,那是我25岁的时候 |
[12:52] | – And nothing happened. – You told me something happened. | – 什么都没发生 – 你告诉我发生什么了 |
[12:55] | That’s right, I told you something happened. | 对啊,我告诉你发生什么了 |
[12:57] | Nothing happened. | 什么事儿没发生 |
[12:59] | I knew it. You should have sent her to my room. | 我就知道,你应该 把她送到我房间来 |
[13:01] | Yeah, like you would know what to do. | 是的,好像你知道该做什么 |
[13:03] | I know plenty. | 我知道很多 |
[13:05] | Yeah, you know. You know how to throw up. | 是的,你知道 你知道怎么呕吐 |
[13:07] | You throw up! | 你才呕吐! |
[13:08] | Worst song ever written… “Bungle in the Jungle.” | 史上最烂的歌… “丛林之歌” |
[13:10] | I’ll fight you right now! | 我现在就和你打一架! |
[13:14] | Quiet! | 安静! |
[13:16] | Be quiet! | 安静! |
[13:17] | He started the whole thing! | 是他先开始的! |
[13:27] | I still got it! | 我仍然很有威信! |
[13:30] | Actually, Frank, you obviously never had it. | 实际上,法兰克 你从来都没有 |
[13:34] | – What? – Wake up! | – 什么? – 醒醒吧! |
[13:36] | You spent their childhood being a dreadful goon, | 你在他们童年时代 一直是个可怕的暴君 |
[13:39] | and all it did was make them want to sneak out of the house. | 但是起的所有作用就是 让他们偷偷溜出家 |
[13:41] | Maybe they wanted to get away from you. | 也许他们是想躲着你 |
[13:46] | That’s why I sneak out of the house. | 我溜出去的原因就是这样 |
[13:51] | Don’t you dare try to turn this around. | 别想混淆是非 |
[13:54] | You insisted on being the disciplinarian. | 你坚持要厉行纪律 |
[13:56] | You’re the one who said to me, | 是你对我说 |
[13:57] | “Don’t hug them so much. You’ll make them soft.” | “别老是拥抱他们 你会让他们变得软弱” |
[14:00] | Obviously, I should have never stopped hugging them! | 很显然,我从来就不 应该停止拥抱他们! |
[14:03] | Oh! | 哦! |
[14:06] | I am so sorry I let this crazy man loose on you. | 我很抱歉 我让那个疯子放纵你们 |
[14:10] | Stop hugging them! | 别拥抱他们了! |
[14:12] | No, Frank. | 不,法兰克 |
[14:14] | That’s what parenting is… | 这才是家教… |
[14:16] | love. | 爱 |
[14:17] | You just love ’em. | 你只要爱他们就行了 |
[14:19] | No matter how many bad decisions they make, | 不管他们 做过多少错误的决定 |
[14:21] | no matter how many times they don’t listen to you, | 不管有多少次 他们不听你的话 |
[14:24] | you just keep loving | 你就是一直爱他们 |
[14:25] | and hope that maybe someday | 希望有一天你的爱 |
[14:28] | that love will make them realize | 会让他们发现 |
[14:29] | how much they hurt you. | 他们对你的伤害有多深 |
[14:39] | And you wonder why I drank the schnapps. | 你们还不明白 我为什么偷酒喝 |
[14:46] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[14:47] | I’m just gonna tell the twins they can do whatever they want | 我要告诉双胞胎 他们想怎么办就怎么办 |
[14:50] | because nothing works. | 因为没什么起作用 |
[14:51] | Oh, come on, Ray. It’s not that simple. | 哦,别这样,雷 不是那么简单 |
[14:54] | What? | 什么? |
[14:55] | All his rules ever did | 他的规矩只是让我 |
[14:57] | was make me good at getting around ’em, | 在他们身边听话而已 |
[14:59] | so maybe we don’t make so many rules. | 所以也许我们用不着 制定那么多规矩 |
[15:00] | Look, my parents made rules, | 听着,我的父母制定规矩 |
[15:03] | but they took the time | 但是他们花时间来解释 |
[15:05] | to explain the reasons for the rules. | 为什么要制定这些规矩 |
[15:07] | And there was mutual respect between us, | 我们互相尊重 |
[15:10] | and maybe that’s why I never felt the need | 也许因为这样我从来不觉得 |
[15:12] | to sneak out of the house or go joyriding in their car. | 需要溜出屋子 开着他们的车去兜风 |
[15:17] | Yeah. Yeah, you’re right. | 是的,你说得对 |
[15:19] | You never felt the need to do that, | 你从不觉得你需要那么做 |
[15:22] | but you did find the need | 但是你觉得需要 |
[15:24] | to go to Mardi Gras when you were in college. | 在念大学的时候 去参加嘉年华会 |
[15:25] | Ray. | 雷 |
[15:27] | – And at the parade… – Ray. | – 在游行队伍中… – 雷 |
[15:29] | – You took your top off. – Ray! | – 你脱掉了上衣 – 雷! |
[15:33] | Oh my God! | 哦,我的天啊! |
[15:36] | It was nothing. | 没什么 |
[15:37] | In college, everybody’s a little… | 在大学里,大家都有点… |
[15:40] | It was college. I was finding myself. | 那是在大学 我是在发掘自己 |
[15:43] | You found yourself | 你发掘自己 |
[15:44] | on page seven of “The Daily News” | 露着胸脯 |
[15:46] | with your boobs out! | 出现在”每日新闻”的第七版! |
[15:48] | Ray! | 雷! |
[15:51] | Holy crap! | 我的天! |
[15:55] | You mean, like… topless? | 你是说…赤裸着上身? |
[15:59] | In “The Daily News”? | 在”每日新闻”上面? |
[16:01] | I was not topless. | 我不是赤裸着上身 |
[16:03] | They put a black bar over the exposed area. | 他们在暴露 的地方打了马赛克 |
[16:07] | I hate those. | 我讨厌那个 |
[16:11] | It was spring break. | 那是春假 |
[16:13] | It was a momentary youthful indiscretion. | 那是年轻人 一时的轻浮举动 |
[16:16] | That ended up in the paper. | 然后上了报纸 |
[16:21] | How could you do that, Debra? | 黛博拉,你怎么能那么做? |
[16:23] | Come on, it is no big deal. | 啊,没什么大不了的 |
[16:25] | It was college. | 那是在大学里 |
[16:27] | Not a big deal? | 没什么大不了? |
[16:28] | Debra, in a few years, Ally will be in college. | 黛博拉,再过几年 艾莉就上大学去了 |
[16:31] | But Ally would never do anything like that | 但是艾莉 永远不会做那样的事情 |
[16:34] | because we will teach her | 因为我们会教她 |
[16:35] | that it is not right to do things like that, | 那样做是不对的 |
[16:38] | and… | 然后… |
[16:42] | Oh, boy. | 哦,天啊 |
[16:45] | That’s the thing, all right? Now, what are we gonna do? | 就是这个问题,是吧? 哦,我们该怎么办? |
[16:47] | Come on, I managed to sneak out to any party I wanted, | 我成功地溜出去参加了 任何我想参加的派对 |
[16:50] | and I had Marie | 而有玛莉和贝尼托墨索里尼 |
[16:52] | and Benito Mussolini as my parents! | 做我的父母! |
[16:56] | And even though you had good parents, | 尽管你有好父母 |
[17:00] | you still whipped off your shirt | 你仍然为了几声欢呼 |
[17:02] | in front of a bunch of drunks for a handful of beads! | 就在一群酒鬼面前脱衣服! |
[17:04] | Whoo! | 喔! |
[17:07] | No matter what we tell Ally | 不管我们告诉艾莉什么 |
[17:09] | and-and… and the other ones… | 以及…以及另外两个… |
[17:12] | aren’t they just gonna do what we did? | 他们不都会 做我们做过的事情吗? |
[17:16] | Or worse? | 或者更糟? |
[17:20] | You need to build a cage! | 帮他们盖个监狱好了! |
[17:26] | – Well, we need something. – All right, don’t panic. | – 好吧,我们需要做点什么 – 好了,别慌 |
[17:30] | We’ve got to have a plan here, okay? | 我们得有个计划,好吗? |
[17:31] | How are we gonna control these kids? | 我们怎么才能控制孩子们? |
[17:33] | What are you asking me for? | 你问我干什么? |
[17:35] | Because it’s got to be you. I can’t even put their PJs on. | 因为就得是你,我让 他们穿睡衣他们都不听 |
[17:38] | You think I’m gonna be able to take away beer and cigarettes? | 你觉得我能够夺走 他们的啤酒香烟什么的? |
[17:43] | Yesterday Ally asked me if she could buy a miniskirt. | 昨天艾莉问我 可不可以买超短裙 |
[17:48] | Oh, crap! | 哦,天啊! |
[17:51] | You’ve already lost! | 你们已经失去控制了! |
[17:53] | You tell Ally the answer is no. | 你告诉艾莉说不行 |
[17:55] | No skirts of any kind. | 什么样的裙子都不能穿 |
[17:57] | Pants… snow pants! | 穿裤子…棉裤! |
[18:02] | You can’t win. | 你们赢不了的 |
[18:03] | No matter what you do, | 不管你们怎么做 |
[18:04] | they’re still gonna grab your booze and go to a concert. | 他们还是偷瓶酒去音乐会 |
[18:06] | No concerts! Shirts can come off at concerts, too. | 音乐会也不行! 音乐会也会脱衣服 |
[18:15] | I gotta start a band. | 我得开始组个乐队 |
[18:28] | Guys, it’s okay. | 好了,孩子们 |
[18:30] | You can wake up now. | 你们现在可以醒来了 |
[18:34] | Sit up, guys. I want to talk to you. | 做起来,孩子们 我想和你们谈谈 |
[18:35] | Michael, come over here. Come on. | 麦可,过来,来吧 |
[18:39] | Listen, guys… | 听着,孩子们… |
[18:42] | I said something before that was pretty harsh. | 先前我说的话有点严厉 |
[18:45] | But, uh, I said it, | 但是,嗯,我说了 |
[18:47] | and I’m sticking by it. | 我坚持我的原则 |
[18:49] | Okay, you understand that? I’m not backing down. | 你们明白吗? 我不是在让步 |
[18:54] | So if you think Daddy’s a party clown… | 所以如果你们 认为爸爸是个小丑… |
[18:56] | “Look at the bubbles coming out of his heinie”… | “看他屁股在冒炮炮”… |
[18:58] | you can just forget about it. | 你们就甭想了 |
[19:01] | But… | 但是… |
[19:03] | I might have a deal for you guys. | 我想和你们谈个条件 |
[19:07] | You want your TV back, and holidays, | 你们想看电视,想过节 |
[19:10] | and staying up until it’s dark out? | 想天黑了才睡觉吗? |
[19:14] | Okay, well, I can make all that happen | 好吧,我能实现你们的愿望 |
[19:17] | if you just promise me one thing. | 只要你们答应我一件事情 |
[19:20] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[19:21] | Just promise me | 请答应我 |
[19:22] | you’ll obey everything Mommy and Daddy tell you | 你们会完全听妈妈和爸爸的话 |
[19:25] | from now until you’re… | 从现在起,一直到… |
[19:27] | 60… | |
[19:30] | five… 65. Okay? | 五…65,好吗? |
[19:33] | That seems fair. | 这样似乎很公平 |
[19:36] | Deal? | 说好了? |
[19:37] | – Deal. | – Deal. – 说好了 – 说好了 |
[19:39] | All right, come here. | 好了,过来 |
[19:42] | Now, listen, guys, | 现在听着,孩子们 |
[19:43] | I don’t want you to think that I’m an idiot | 我不想让 你们觉得我是个傻瓜 |
[19:46] | and I really believe that we’ve got a deal here. | 我真的相信你们说好了 |
[19:49] | Your mother and I have been talking, | 我和妈妈谈过了 |
[19:51] | and we know that you’re gonna get older | 我们知道当你们逐渐长大 |
[19:54] | and you’re gonna do things, | 你们会做一些事情 |
[19:56] | and we know there’s nothing we can do about it. | 我们知道我们对此也是无能为力 |
[19:59] | But, guys, if you do, | 但是,孩子们,如果你们做了 |
[20:02] | make sure… we never find out about it. | 保证…不要让我们发现 |
[20:13] | We don’t want to know. | 我们不想要知道 |
[20:18] | Listen, guys, | 听着,孩子们 |
[20:20] | the only reason we want you to do what we tell you | 我们想让 你们听话的唯一原因 |
[20:23] | is because we love you. | 就是我们爱你们 |
[20:25] | Okay? | 知道吗? |
[20:26] | We love you, too, Daddy. | 我们也爱你,爸爸 |
[20:31] | Can we go outside now? | 现在我们能出去了吗? |
[20:33] | Yeah. Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:35] | No, wait. You’ve got to clean your room. | 不,等等 你们得把房间收拾了 |
[20:37] | No, guys, you’ve got to clean your room! | 不,你们必须把房间打扫了! |
[20:39] | Guys! | 孩子们! |
[20:40] | You’ve got to clean the room! | 你们得打扫房间! |
[20:46] | Hey, Ma, you busy? | 嗨,妈,你忙吗? |
[20:51] | I’m glad we talked that out today. | 很高兴我们今天把这个谈透了 |
[20:54] | Yeah. Me too. | 是啊,我也是 |
[20:57] | I guess all we can do | 我猜我们能做的 |
[20:59] | is love ’em and set a good example. | 就是爱他们 给他们做个好榜样 |
[21:01] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[21:03] | And as far as me and you go, | 我们费了半天的心 |
[21:05] | I think we need a vacation. | 我觉得我们需要去度个假 |
[21:07] | Oh, I’m all for that. Where should we go? | 哦,我完全赞成 我们去哪儿? |
[21:11] | Actually, I was thinking about Mardi Gras. | 实际上 我想去纽奥良的嘉年华会 |
[21:31] | Ow! | 嗷! |