时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I’m so glad you came a day early, honey. | 你能早一天来真是太好了 亲爱的 |
[00:06] | Me too, mom. | 我也很高兴 妈妈 |
[00:08] | I’m almost looking forward to this. | 我都盼了好久了 |
[00:13] | Oh, good. they’re here. | 太好了 他们来了 |
[00:21] | Hello, husband. | 你好 老公 |
[00:22] | Hello, wife. | 你好 老婆 |
[00:25] | I missed you. | 想死你了 |
[00:26] | I missed you, too. | 我也是 |
[00:27] | Hey, it’s winter out here. | 喂 外面可是冰天雪地 |
[00:30] | I’m sorry! come in! | 抱歉 快进来 |
[00:37] | How was the drive? | 路上怎么样 |
[00:39] | Long… but… but fun, | 路太远了 但 很开心 |
[00:42] | Cause we’re just, “pennsylvania! can’t wait!” | 因为我们一直 啊 宾州 等不及了 |
[00:47] | Good day, fair barones… | 尊敬的各位嘉宾 |
[00:51] | …on this festival of thanks and givingness. | 多么美好的感恩佳节 |
[01:00] | Here, let me take your coats. | 来 我来帮你们拿外套 |
[01:01] | Don’t go too far with those. | 别放得太远哦 |
[01:05] | Dad, be a person. | 爸爸 注意点 |
[01:08] | Sorry we’re so late. | 抱歉我们迟到了这么久 |
[01:10] | That’s all right. dinner’s almost ready. | 太好了 晚餐快好咯 |
[01:13] | I brought pies for after. | 我带了派 饭后可以吃 |
[01:15] | Oh, thank you, Marie. | 噢 太感谢了 玛丽 |
[01:17] | I made two, in case people don’t fill up on dinner. | 我带了俩 防止有人晚餐吃不饱 |
[01:23] | How thoughtful. | 你想得真是太周到了 |
[01:29] | Well, why doesn’t everyone have a seat? | 大家干嘛不坐下来讲呢 |
[01:31] | Just point us to the room with the tv. | 告诉我们电视室在哪 |
[01:35] | Oh, we don’t own a tv. | 喔 我们没有电视机 |
[01:44] | I don’t understand. | 我没听明白 |
[01:47] | It’s fine, Frank. we’ll just talk. | 没关系 弗兰克 我们聊天就好了 |
[01:50] | Ohh… | 喔嗷 |
[01:54] | You can warm yourselves up with some hot cider. | 喝点热苹果汁暖暖身子 |
[01:56] | Is it spiked? | 含酒精吗 |
[01:59] | There’s cinnamon. | 还有肉桂汁 |
[02:02] | So I drove here for hot juice. | 千里迢迢赶来喝果汁啊 |
[02:06] | And children, | 孩子们 |
[02:07] | We also have | 我们还有 |
[02:08] | The macdougall family thanksgiving pageant. | 麦克道格尔家感恩节传统节目哦 |
[02:15] | The… the macdougall… what? | 什么麦克道格尔什么? |
[02:20] | Did I forget to mention that? | 我没告诉过你们吗 |
[02:21] | This is fun. listen to this. this is great. | 那简直太有趣了 太有趣了 |
[02:24] | When Peter and I were kids | 当彼特和我还是小孩时 |
[02:26] | We used to put on a play about the first thanksgiving. | 我们常常演感恩节由来的短剧 |
[02:29] | And we thought that since Ally and the boys | 既然爱丽和男孩子们今年都来了 |
[02:32] | Were coming this year, | 我们就又想起来了 |
[02:33] | We could try it again. | 不妨试试啊 |
[02:34] | Doesn’t that sound like fun, kids? | 孩子们 听起来是不是很有趣 |
[02:43] | You don’t even have like a little emergency tv? | 你们难道紧急时使用的电视机都没有 |
[02:49] | The kids can play most of the parts, | 孩子们可以演大部分角色 |
[02:51] | And Peter will reprise his role as… | 彼特也可以演 |
[02:54] | Squanto. | 演斯匡透(印第安领袖) |
[03:01] | All right, children, if you want to follow me, | 好吧 孩子们 跟我来吧 |
[03:03] | I have costumes and decorations. | 我有戏服和装饰哦 |
[03:08] | And candy. | 还有糖果 |
[03:09] | – all right! – okay! | -好 -太好了 |
[03:11] | Oh, they’ll be so cute doing the play. | 他们演的戏会很可爱的 |
[03:15] | This is great. dinner and a show! | 真是棒极了 晚餐加演戏 |
[03:25] | – you have a radio? – Ray. | -你们有收音机吗 -雷 |
[03:27] | What? | 干嘛 |
[03:29] | What if… what if the president comes on | 要是 要是总统说 |
[03:31] | To say thanksgiving’s been canceled… | 感恩节要被取消了… |
[03:33] | How’re we going to hear that? | 那我们怎么知道呢 |
[03:39] | Hey, this chair ain’t bad. | 嘿 这椅子真不赖 |
[03:41] | I tell ya… I could do some serious nappin’ in this thing. | 告诉你们 我甚至可以在这里面睡个觉呢 |
[03:45] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[03:47] | Come on, stop it. stop it. | 嘿 停 停 停 |
[03:49] | What? what? what? what? | 什么 什么 什么 |
[03:56] | Don’t get my dad started on naps. | 别跟我爸提起瞌睡这事 |
[04:00] | Don’t tell me… he’s morally against ’em. | 别告诉我他从道德上谴责睡觉 |
[04:04] | Oh, no. he loves naps. | 不不 他爱打瞌睡 |
[04:06] | Right, daddy? | 是吗 老爸 |
[04:08] | I do. | 嗯 |
[04:09] | But never in a chair. | 但从来不在椅子上睡 |
[04:11] | I’m more of a bed man. | 我喜欢在床上睡 |
[04:14] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[04:18] | Let me ask you, | 问你个问题 |
[04:19] | Do you go all the way under the covers? | 你睡觉盖不盖着被子? |
[04:22] | No no, just on top. | 不不 就睡在上面 |
[04:23] | Now I might kick off my shoes, | 只脱掉鞋子 |
[04:25] | But that’s as far as it goes. | 仅此而已 |
[04:32] | Let me tell ya, if I’m doin’ a bed nap, | 告诉你 我在床上睡的时候 |
[04:34] | I’m gettin’ under the covers, but my pants are not. | 我会脱掉裤子 盖上被子睡 |
[04:40] | I’ve got pastry puffs. | 膨松香脆的馅饼来啦 |
[04:43] | Oh… | 噢 |
[04:44] | Hey, mom, dad and Frank are talking about naps. | 妈 爸爸和弗兰克在聊瞌睡呢 |
[04:47] | Oh, that’s wonderful. | 噢 棒极了 |
[04:51] | Do yourself a favor, Hank, | 试试看 汉克 |
[04:52] | Try a nap in the chair sometime. | 试试在椅子上眯会儿 |
[04:54] | I might just do that after dinner. | 吃完饭可以一试 |
[04:56] | There you go! | 这就对了 |
[05:01] | Would you like an appetizer, Marie? | 吃点开胃菜吧 玛丽 |
[05:02] | They’re homemade. | 自己家做的 |
[05:03] | Oh, that’s all right. | 噢 不错不错 |
[05:07] | Oh, but I’ love for you to try one. | 你吃一点我会很高兴的 |
[05:10] | Everyone says you’re the best cook there is. | 人人都说你是当地最好的厨师 |
[05:17] | Well, I wouldn’t say that. | 喔 我可不敢那么说 |
[05:20] | I’ love to try one. | 我很乐意尝尝看 |
[05:26] | Mmm! I have to say, Pat, that’s marvelous. | 嗯 我得说 派特 简直棒极了 |
[05:29] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 太感谢你了 |
[05:31] | She’s been worried about what you were gonna think of her dinner. | 她可担心你怎么评论她做的饭了 |
[05:34] | Oh… who cares what I think? | 噢 谁在乎我的看法呢 |
[05:39] | Mom! the boys are putting glue in each other’s hair. | 妈妈 他们正在往对方头发上涂胶水 |
[05:43] | – oh, no! – I’m surprised it took ’em this long. | -天啊 别 -我很惊讶他们这么久才开始 |
[05:47] | Okay, sweetie, mommy’ll help you stick ’em to the wall. | 行 甜心 妈咪帮你把他们贴墙上 |
[05:51] | How great is this? isn’t this great? | 多棒啊 简直太棒了 |
[05:53] | It’s like a family. | 我们简直是情同一家啊 |
[05:57] | I have more appetizers in the kitchen. | 厨房里还有哦 |
[06:00] | I’ll come with you. | 我跟你一块去 |
[06:01] | I wanna see what else we have to look forward to. | 看看我们还要吃什么 |
[06:04] | Don’t put glue in each other’s hair. | 可别往对方头发上涂浇水啊 |
[06:06] | Ha ha ha! | 哈哈哈 |
[06:12] | What was that? | 什么东西 |
[06:13] | Sounded like somethin’ hit the house. | 像是什么撞在屋子上了 |
[06:18] | Oh… it’s a bird. | 噢 是只鸟 |
[06:20] | It must’ve flown into the window. | 肯定是飞到窗玻璃上了 |
[06:23] | Oh, man. it’s hurt. | 天啊 肯定受伤了 |
[06:24] | Oh, what do we do? | 噢 怎么办 |
[06:26] | Don’t squeeze it. be careful. | 别捏着他 小心 |
[06:28] | Don’t worry. I got it. | 别担心 我会的 |
[06:30] | Don’t hold it too tight. | 别抓得太紧了 |
[06:31] | I know birds. I build birdhouses. | 我懂鸟的 我做过鸟窝 |
[06:34] | May I see it? | 让我看看 |
[06:37] | Oh my. | 哦 可怜的小东西 |
[06:39] | Let me help you. | 我来帮你 |
[06:41] | Poor thing. | 真可怜啊 |
[06:43] | He must’ve gotten confused or somethin’ | 肯定昏头了或者什么的 |
[06:46] | Hey, remember Tweety? | 嘿 还记得特威蒂吗 |
[06:48] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[06:49] | When we were kids, we had a cockatiel named Tweety. | 我们还小的时候 我们有个鹦鹉叫特威蒂 |
[06:52] | I trained him so when I opened his cage, | 我训练他 一打开笼子 |
[06:55] | He’ fly right up onto my shoulder. | 他就飞到我肩上 |
[06:57] | He thought I was a tree. | 他以为我是棵树呢 |
[07:04] | Here we go. | 菜来啦 |
[07:05] | How’s the bird? | 那鸟怎么样啦 |
[07:06] | Oh, I took care of it. | 噢 我搞定它了 |
[07:08] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[07:09] | You know… | 你知道… |
[07:23] | You killed the bird? | 你把鸟儿杀了? |
[07:25] | Well, I had to put it out of its misery. | 呃 我帮助它结束了痛苦 |
[07:28] | You mean you actually put it to death? | 你说你弄死那鸟了 |
[07:32] | It was very quick. | 很快的 |
[07:34] | How could you do that? | 你怎么能那么做 |
[07:35] | Oh, she’s very good at it. | 噢 她很在行的 |
[07:40] | You’ve done this before? | 你们以前也这样 |
[07:42] | Sure. all the time. | 当然 总这样 |
[07:45] | Well, only when they hit the house. | 呃 只有那些撞屋子上的 |
[07:48] | If birds keep flyin’ into your house, | 我觉得如果老是有鸟儿这样 |
[07:50] | You gotta warn them somehow. | 你们应该搞个警示牌什么的 |
[07:53] | Maybe we should just cover the house with mattresses, | 我们应该用床垫把屋子围起来 |
[07:55] | So the birds bounce off. | 然后鸟就会反弹回去了 |
[08:02] | You makin’ fun of me, cocoa puffs? | 你是在嘲笑我吗 傻瓜 |
[08:07] | Okay. all right. let’s all take a deep breath and try to remember | 行啦 我们深呼吸一下 告诉自己 |
[08:11] | That the bird is in a better place… | 那鸟儿已经到了一个更好的地方了 |
[08:14] | Birdie heaven, | 鸟儿天堂 |
[08:15] | Where the seed is free, | 哪里到处都有草籽 |
[08:17] | And every bird gets a worm… | 每只鸟儿都有虫吃 |
[08:20] | Not just the early ones. | 不光是早起的 |
[08:23] | She should take you into the kitchen. | 她应该把你拎厨房去 |
[08:32] | Excuse me, but how do you know the bird couldn’t be saved? | 抱歉 你是怎么知道那鸟儿没救了 |
[08:35] | I mean, you’re not a veterinarian. | 我是说 你们难道没有兽医吗 |
[08:37] | No, but I have lived in the country my whole life. | 不 但我从小就是在乡下长大的 |
[08:41] | Mom grew up on a farm. | 妈妈是在农场上长大的 |
[08:44] | I bet the chickens slept with one eye open. | 我打赌 那里的鸡睡觉都睁着只眼 |
[08:55] | It’s funny, isn’t it, mother, | 太有趣了 不是吗 老太婆 |
[08:56] | How city folk react to this type of thing? | 城里人对这有点大惊小怪了 |
[08:59] | That poor bird was innocently flying around. | 那鸟什么都没干 就在这边飞飞而已 |
[09:02] | You kill it, you don’t even seem to care. | 你们就宰了它 你们还一点都不在乎 |
[09:04] | It’s not that we don’t care, Marie. | 不是我们不在乎 玛丽 |
[09:07] | It’s just, out here, | 只是在这儿 |
[09:09] | There are animals all around us, | 我们周围到处都是动物 |
[09:10] | And sometimes you do what has to be done. | 你有时候都不得不这样 |
[09:13] | Yes, like when a rodent gets into the root cellar, | 是啊 比如一只老鼠钻进了地窖 |
[09:17] | You don’t want to bang it with a shovel… | 你其实也不想拿铁锹打它… |
[09:25] | But you do. | 但又不得不 |
[09:28] | Bong! | 嘭! |
[09:32] | You got no right to go around | 你们有什么权利 |
[09:34] | Bumpin’ off god’s creatures willy-nilly. | 到处残杀上帝的造物 |
[09:36] | Well, let’s remember, frank, god did say, | 呃 我记得上帝也说 |
[09:39] | “let man have dominion over the fish of the sea, | “让人主宰海里的鱼 |
[09:42] | And the fowl of the air, | 天上的鸟 |
[09:44] | And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” | 还有地上爬的动物” |
[09:51] | You creepeth me out. | 你把我赶出去吧 |
[10:02] | You know, Frank, I would like to say something to you. | 弗兰克 我要跟你说几句 |
[10:05] | It seems to me that you care more about animals | 似乎你对动物的关心 |
[10:08] | Than you do about people. | 远远胜于对人的 |
[10:10] | What the hell’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么狗屁意思 |
[10:12] | I’ve never seen you show as much compassion | 我可没看见你对人有过 |
[10:15] | For any human being | 像你对刚才那只鸟一样 |
[10:16] | As you’ve just shown for that bird. | 这样的同情心 |
[10:18] | Even the way you treat each other is appalling. | 你对待别人的态度简直可以说是骇人听闻 |
[10:24] | Hey, I think I know a couple fellas | 我觉得你们俩 |
[10:26] | Who could use a nap. | 应该睡会儿 |
[10:32] | Listen, pal, we tell it like it is. | 听着 老兄 不妨这么说 |
[10:35] | Somebody’s botherin’ me, I let ’em know. | 有人敢冒犯我 我就要给点颜色给他瞧瞧 |
[10:37] | And, yeah, maybe that’s why I like animals… | 是的 或许那就是为什么我喜欢动物 |
[10:39] | They tell it like it is. | 他们就这样 |
[10:41] | Woof! moo! quack! | 呜呜 哞哞 呱呱 |
[10:44] | That’s straight shootin’ | 这叫实话实说 |
[10:49] | So, you’re like an animal. | 所以你就像动物咯 |
[10:52] | Hah. yes. | 对 是 |
[10:56] | I’m honest. | 我很诚实的 |
[10:57] | You don’t love your fellow man. | 你们不爱护你们的同类 |
[10:59] | You just pretend to be all nicey so you get a ticket upstairs. | 你们只是装成一团和气好混张上天堂的门票 |
[11:02] | Ohh! | 噢 |
[11:05] | Okay, now it’s a holiday. | 行啦 这才叫感恩节 |
[11:12] | We would never pretend like that. | 我们从来不是假装那样的 |
[11:15] | We always try to see the goodness in people. | 我们总是努力发现人身上的闪光点 |
[11:19] | Even when it’s very very hard. | 即使有时的确很难 |
[11:22] | I happen to agree with my husband. | 我同意我老公的想法 |
[11:24] | You can’t just put on a smile | 你们怎能把微笑挂在脸上 |
[11:26] | And pretend that people are wonderful. | 假装人人都很好 |
[11:28] | – yeah, nobody really… – I’m talking now, Frank. | -对 不是每个人… -我在说呢 弗兰克 |
[11:32] | I have always felt | 我总是觉得 |
[11:34] | That if I’m going to be a loving human being, | 如果我要爱一个人 |
[11:36] | I also had to be courageous enough | 我得足够勇敢 |
[11:38] | To be honest with people. | 和别人坦诚相待 |
[11:40] | Being fake helps no one. | 虚伪对谁都没好处 |
[11:46] | What… what is that look? | 那眼神什么意思 |
[11:48] | It’s just… well, I was thinking | 就是 呃 我觉得 |
[11:50] | About when you said you made two pies | 当你说你带了俩派 |
[11:52] | In case people didn’t fill up on dinner. | 防止有人晚餐吃不饱 |
[11:55] | I don’t think you were happy | 我觉得你们和我们一起 |
[11:57] | To be spending thanksgiving with us, | 过感恩节并不快乐 |
[11:59] | But you covered your true feelings | 但你通过对我厨艺的暗讽 |
[12:02] | With a veiled insult about my cooking. | 隐瞒了你真实的感觉 |
[12:05] | Isn’t that fake? | 难道那不是虚伪吗? |
[12:10] | You killed a bird! | 你杀了一只鸟 |
[12:16] | Marie, maybe we should just let the bird thing go. | 玛丽 或许我们都应该忘了这事 |
[12:19] | Whoa, Amy, look… let’s not get sucked into this. | 哇喔 艾米 我们别卷进这事可以吗 |
[12:22] | I mean, I’m not taking my family’s side. | 我是说 我可没有帮我家说话 |
[12:26] | Well, of course not. they’re acting all nuts. | 那是当然的 他们的举止简直不正常 |
[12:31] | They’re nuts? | 他们不正常? |
[12:34] | Well, what would you call it | 行 要是有一个人 |
[12:35] | When a man barks and quacks at you? | 朝你汪汪呱呱的 你会怎么说 |
[12:39] | My father was barking and quacking | 我爸爸汪汪呱呱 |
[12:42] | Because he was upset | 是因为他对 |
[12:43] | About the path of death and destruction | 你爸妈在动物世界里 |
[12:46] | That your parents have cut through the animal community! | 踩出的那条死亡和毁灭的小道很不高兴 |
[12:56] | That’s my boy! | 真是个好儿子 |
[13:00] | This doesn’t happen if you have a tv. | 要是你们有电视机就不会有这事了 |
[13:04] | Then you must think I’m a murderer too. | 你是不是觉得我也是个嗜血狂 |
[13:06] | When I was a kid, I used to catch field mice | 我小时候 还常常抓田鼠 |
[13:09] | To feed to peter’s pet snake. | 喂彼特的宠物蛇呢 |
[13:14] | You crazy bastard! | 你们真是疯得没得救了 |
[13:17] | They’re all killers! | 他们都是嗜血狂 |
[13:18] | It runs in the family. | 整个屋子都是 |
[13:19] | I wish we still had that snake. | 我多想那蛇还在啊 |
[13:22] | Frank! they wanna feed us to the snakes! | 弗兰克 他们要拿我们喂蛇 |
[13:25] | All right. | 行啦 |
[13:26] | Just relax, you two. no snake is that hungry. | 放松点 你们俩 哪来那种饿死鬼蛇啊 |
[13:34] | Everybody, | 大家注意啦 |
[13:36] | Here they come! | 他们来啦 |
[13:38] | – what’s this? – isn’t this great? | -这是什么 -难道不是很好吗 |
[13:40] | There’s a part for everybody in the play. | 每个人在剧中都有角色 |
[13:42] | Not me. forget it. | 我不来 算了 |
[13:44] | But, grandpa, you’re the indian chief. | 别呀 爷爷 你可是印第安酋长啊 |
[13:47] | I see no reason why he should be involved in our play. | 我不知道为什么要他参加我们的演出 |
[13:50] | Oh, you don’t want me in your play? | 噢 你不要我参加了? |
[14:01] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[14:02] | What’s happening? | 怎么啦 |
[14:03] | No tv. | 没电视机搞的 |
[14:05] | Daddy, we want you to be squanto. | 爸爸 我们要你来演斯匡透 |
[14:07] | – yeah, Squanto. – whoa whoa whoa. | -对 斯匡透 -哇哇哇 |
[14:09] | No, hold on a second. | 不 等会儿 |
[14:11] | No, no. I am always Squanto. | 不不 总是我演斯匡透的 |
[14:17] | See? | 看到了吗 |
[14:18] | We want daddy to do it. | 我们要爸爸演 |
[14:20] | Yeah, daddy. | 对 爸爸演 |
[14:21] | Kid, I always do it. let me have the feather. | 小巴西 我总演的 给我那羽毛 |
[14:24] | – hey, leave the kid. – let me have the feather. | -嘿 别碰小孩子 -给我羽毛 |
[14:26] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[14:35] | I’m Squanto! | 我是斯匡透 |
[14:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:44] | Feels good. | 感觉好极了 |
[14:47] | Heap good. | 超赞 |
[14:50] | Fine. | 行 |
[14:54] | I look forward to your interpretation. | 我倒要看看你怎么演的 |
[15:12] | Marie, we thought you’ be a pilgrim, | 玛丽 我们觉得你该演清教徒 |
[15:15] | So if you’ll just take the hat. | 如果你拿这个帽子的话 |
[15:27] | Maybe the pageant isn’t such a good idea today. | 也许演戏在今天不是个好主意 |
[15:30] | – what do you mean? it’s thanksgiving! – let’s just forget it. | -你什么意思 今天是感恩节 -我们还是忘了吧 |
[15:34] | No! I don’t know what’s going on here, | 不 我不知道发生了什么事 |
[15:36] | But certain people in this room | 但屋子里的某些人为了 |
[15:38] | Are very excited about doing this play, okay? | 演这个剧可是非常激动的 |
[15:40] | So we’re gonna do it. | 我们要继续 |
[15:42] | – Debra, you… – dih-dih-dih-dih! | -黛布拉 你 -停停停停停停停停 |
[15:45] | We’re doing the play. | 我们要继续 |
[15:48] | Kids, let’s go. ally, sweetie. | 孩子们呢 我们开始 甜心 |
[15:55] | “the first thanksgiving. | 第一个感恩节 |
[15:57] | The pilgrims landed at plymouth rock | 1620年冬天 清教徒们 |
[15:59] | In the winter of 1620 | 在普利茅斯登陆了 |
[16:01] | Looking for freedom and a new life, | 向往着自由和新生活 |
[16:03] | But things were not easy for them.” | 但一切似乎并不如想象的那么容易 |
[16:09] | “the winter is so very hard. | 冬天的日子很艰难 |
[16:11] | Many of our people are dying from cold and hunger.” | 我们的很多人都冻死了 饿死了 |
[16:14] | “but we can’t find any food.” | 但我们还是找不到食物 |
[16:17] | “we don’t even know how to catch fish. | 我们甚至连捉鱼都不会 |
[16:19] | Whatever will we do?” | 我们该怎么办呢 |
[16:23] | She should try strangling a couple of birds. | 她应该抓几只鸟 然后拧死 |
[16:36] | Did anyone hear some savages talking? | 有人听见有野人在说话吗 |
[16:43] | “a native american named Squanto | 有一个叫斯匡透的土著人 |
[16:45] | Came to the pilgrim village.” | 来到了清教徒们的村庄 |
[16:53] | “my name is Squanto…” | 我叫斯匡透 |
[16:54] | Ooh! riveting! | 噢 太精彩了 |
[17:00] | “my name is Squanto. I come in peace.” | 我叫斯匡透 我来没有恶意 |
[17:02] | – “hello.” – hey. | -哈咯 -嘿 |
[17:04] | Oh. | 噢 |
[17:05] | “hey. hi. | 嘿 嗨 |
[17:07] | I’ll show you how to live off this land.” | 我来教你们怎么在这里生存 |
[17:10] | “Squanto taught the pilgrims how to catch fish.” | 斯匡透教他们抓鱼 |
[17:31] | Is anybody buying this guy as Squanto? | 谁信这个人演的是斯匡透? |
[17:34] | You leave him alone. | 不关你的事 |
[17:35] | He hasn’t had a chance to exercise lately. | 他最近没时间排练 |
[17:45] | “can you also teach us | 你能再教我们 |
[17:47] | To plant corn and forage for berries?” | 种玉米摘浆果吗 |
[17:49] | “yes, I can.” | 好的 |
[17:57] | Oh, hey. | 噢 嘿 |
[18:06] | “Squanto and the pilgrims became friends, | 斯匡透和清教徒们成了朋友 |
[18:09] | But Squanto’s tribe did not like the settlers.” | 但是斯匡透部落的人不喜欢他们 |
[18:11] | This is an excellent play. | 这剧真好 |
[18:19] | “i think we should be friends with the pilgrims | 我觉得我们应该和他们交朋友 |
[18:21] | And sign a peace treaty.” | 签订和平条约 |
[18:23] | “yes, we promise to protect your people | 好 我们保证会保护你们 |
[18:25] | And treat you with kindness.” | 善待你们的 |
[18:27] | Lies. they’re gonna screw us. | 谎言 他们要把我们拧死 |
[18:39] | “the pilgrims invited Squanto’s tribe to a big feast. | 清教徒们宴请了斯匡透部落的人 |
[18:44] | Everyone was happy when the indian chief arrived.” | 当印第安酋长来到时 大家都很高兴 |
[18:49] | “we’re so happy.” | 我们好快乐 |
[18:53] | “they exchanged gifts, | 他们交换了礼物 |
[18:55] | And the indian chief embraced the pilgrim governor.” | 印第安酋长拥抱了清教徒的首领 |
[19:02] | Grandpa, embrace him. | 爷爷 抱抱他呀 |
[19:06] | Look, Ally, sweetie, | 呃 爱丽 宝贝 |
[19:07] | This was cute and happy thing, | 这本来是件好事 开心事 |
[19:09] | But now it stinks. | 可现在臭毙了 |
[19:12] | It doesn’t stink! | 这剧不臭 |
[19:14] | This play is a Macdougall family tradition! | 这个剧是麦克道格尔家族的传统 |
[19:16] | Yes, and we’ve seen other kinds of traditions | 是啊 我们还看到了你家 |
[19:18] | Your family enjoys. | 津津乐道的其他传统 |
[19:20] | Marie, please stop already. | 玛丽 求你别讲了 |
[19:23] | No no. that’s okay. it’s important to get everything out in the open. | 不不 还是把一切挑明了说好 |
[19:26] | So, tell me, Amy, | 告诉我 艾米 |
[19:27] | What else did you feed that snake, huh? | 你们还喂什么给那蛇吃啊 |
[19:30] | Stray dogs? hitchhikers? | 走失的狗 搭便车的 |
[19:35] | Oh my god. | 天啊 |
[19:37] | Your family scares the hell out of me! | 你的家人简直把我吓出神经病了! |
[19:41] | Okay. | 行啦 |
[19:45] | Okay, enough! | 行啦 够啦 |
[19:47] | What is going on here? | 到底发生什么事了 |
[19:49] | When I left the room, | 我离开房间的时候 |
[19:50] | Everybody was laughing, and it was wonderful. | 大家说说笑笑 多好 |
[19:52] | It showed me that our family could really get along. | 看起来我们家真的可以处得很好 |
[19:55] | What happened? | 然后怎么啦 |
[19:56] | Pat-the-psycho choked a bird with her bare hands. | 神经病派特徒手拧死了一只鸟 |
[20:01] | What? | 什么? |
[20:02] | A bird flew into the window and it was really hurt. | 一只鸟飞到了窗玻璃上受了伤 |
[20:05] | She murdered it. | 她谋杀了它 |
[20:06] | She put it out of its misery. | 但是她帮它结束了痛苦 |
[20:08] | Oh, that’s what happened. | 哦 就这啊 |
[20:11] | So? | 那又怎么了? |
[20:12] | So?! | 那又怎么了?! |
[20:14] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[20:15] | That’s what you’re fighting about? | 这就是你们吵架的原因 |
[20:19] | What was Pat supposed to do… perform surgery? | 那派特应该怎么办呢 动手术吗? |
[20:24] | You have never liked us. | 你从来就不喜欢我们 |
[20:32] | You take every opportunity you can | 你从不错过任何机会 |
[20:35] | To go against the family. | 来和我们家对着干 |
[20:37] | Well, actually, | 呃 事实上 |
[20:38] | I can kind of see Debra’s point. | 我有点明白黛布拉的意思 |
[20:40] | I mean, the bird was injured. | 我是说 那鸟伤着了 |
[20:43] | Now you think that? | 你现在这么想了啊 |
[20:45] | When Debra says it, you listen. with me, you fight. | 黛布拉说你就听 我说你就和我吵 |
[20:47] | What is with you?! | 你到底怎么回事啊 |
[20:52] | It’s a confusing issue! | 这是笔糊涂账 |
[20:58] | You’re out of the family. | 我们不要你了 |
[21:00] | You… what’s with your wife? | 你 你老婆怎么回事 |
[21:02] | He’s right. why can’t you just be on our side? | 对 你干嘛就不能和我们站一起呢 |
[21:04] | It’s not about taking sides, Ray! | 这不是站哪边的问题 雷 |
[21:06] | It’s sad what happened to that bird, | 那鸟是可怜 |
[21:08] | But it doesn’t have to ruin everything! | 可是没必要把一切都毁了吧 |
[21:10] | That bird was one of god’s creatures! | 那鸟也是上帝的造物 |
[21:12] | The god these people supposedly work for. | 他们服务的那个上帝 |
[21:17] | But apparently, that life didn’t mean anything to them. | 但显然那条小生命对他们来说什么都不是 |
[21:20] | It was just a bird. | 那就是一只鸟而已 |
[21:21] | Well, maybe so, | 呃 也许是这样 |
[21:23] | But I happen to think | 但我认为 |
[21:24] | He deserved a lot better than he got. | 他应该受到更好的待遇 |
[21:26] | Okay, everyone! | 好啦 大家看 |
[21:30] | Dinner. | 主餐来啦 |
[21:31] | All right! break me off a leg there! | 行了 给我扯个鸡腿下来 |