时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | ♪ ♪ | |
[00:14] | I know you’re scared, | -我知道你被吓坏了 |
[00:16] | – but I’m… – Scared? | 但是我… -被吓坏了? |
[00:17] | It’s natural. When someone | 这很正常 |
[00:18] | has an attempt made on their life… | 有人想杀你… |
[00:19] | You know I was recruited | 你知道联调局和中情局 |
[00:21] | by the FBI and Central Intelligence? | 都曾经招募过我吗? |
[00:23] | Scored a 99th percentile in IQ, | 我的智商得分99% |
[00:25] | but only an 80% on the psych eval. | 心理评估仅为80% |
[00:27] | You want to know why, you condescending asshole? | 你想知道为什么吗? 你这盛气凌人的王八蛋 |
[00:30] | Interpersonal skills? | 缺乏人际交往能力? |
[00:33] | I lack the ability to tolerate horseshit. | 因为我眼里容不得沙子 |
[00:37] | And this… | 而这个…这个他妈的是块石头! |
[00:40] | and this… is horseshit! | |
[00:43] | You think I’m some poor, scared, little girl? | 你以为我是个被吓破胆的小女孩吗? |
[00:45] | I’m not scared. I am pissed. | 我不是被吓怕了 我是被惹怒了 |
[00:47] | They came into my house | 他们闯进我的房子里 |
[00:48] | that I fixed up with my money | 这是我用我的钱修好的 |
[00:50] | in the town that my family founded | 就在我的家族建立的小镇里 |
[00:51] | because they think they are untouchable. | 因为他们认为谁都不敢碰他们 |
[00:57] | You want a gun? Uh-huh. | 你想要一把枪? |
[01:01] | Fine by me. | 我没意见 |
[01:11] | Gray gave this to me a couple of years ago. | 这是格雷几年前给我的 |
[01:13] | Wanted to keep it in the family, | 他想把它传给家人 |
[01:15] | and I was the only family he had. | 而我是他唯一的家人 |
[01:18] | Not what you’d call a subtle weapon. | 这枪不算低调 |
[01:22] | [Roscoe] People round here know I have this thing. | 周围的人都知道我有这把枪 |
[01:24] | Use it wrong, and it gets back to me. | 如果你用枪不当 会牵连到我 |
[01:28] | So don’t use it wrong. | 所以你可别乱用 |
[01:31] | I won’t let anything happen to it. | 我会好好保管它的 |
[01:49] | Your house isn’t safe anymore; pack your bags. | 你的房子已经不安全了 |
[01:54] | [phone vibrates] | 收拾行李吧 |
[01:57] | Finlay? | 是芬雷吗? |
[01:59] | Got an ID on the body that was found with Joe. | 查到了与乔一起发现的尸体的身份 |
[02:01] | We gotta get to the morgue. | 我们得去停尸房 |
[02:12] | [birds squawking] | |
[02:14] | Are you kiddin’ me? | 你在跟我开玩笑吗? |
[02:16] | I just told you to be careful with that thing. | 我刚刚告诉过你要小心用这把枪的 |
[02:18] | Never trust a weapon you haven’t personally test-fired. | 永远不要相信没有亲自试射过的武器 |
[02:28] | [thunder crashes] | 侠探杰克 |
[02:30] | [thunder rolling] | |
[02:41] | [cicadas buzzing] | |
[02:45] | – [engine turns off] – [door opens] | |
[02:48] | You two were already working the case? | 你们俩当时已经在办案了? |
[02:50] | First thing in the morning? | 一大早就查案? |
[02:51] | We were just getting back into town. | -我们刚回到镇上 |
[02:53] | From where? | -从哪里回来? |
[02:54] | Alabama. Bar closed late, storm flooded the road. | 阿拉巴马州 昨晚酒吧很晚关门 道路被暴雨淹了 |
[02:58] | – You took him out drinking? – [Roscoe clears throat] | 你带他出去喝酒了? |
[03:01] | Isn’t that the exact opposite of what I told you to do? | 我不是让你盯着他 别让他乱跑吗? |
[03:03] | Good thing I did. | 还好我没听你的话 |
[03:05] | Whoever killed the Morrisons came after us last night. | 杀死莫里森夫妇的人 昨天晚上来追杀我们了 |
[03:07] | Broke into my house, carved a threat into my door; | 闯入了我家 写下了威胁留言 |
[03:09] | who knows what they would’ve done if I’d been there alone. | 要是我独自在家 |
[03:11] | They came into your house? | 谁知道他们会做出什么事 他们进了你家? |
[03:14] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[03:15] | Let’s just see what Jasper has for us. | 去看看贾斯伯有什么发现吧 |
[03:18] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[03:20] | I had my eye on her. | 我一直在盯着她 |
[03:26] | Here you go. | Here you go. |
[03:28] | Sorry; I didn’t know you were coming. | 给你 这份给你 不好意思 我不知道你要来 |
[03:31] | Once the prints came back, we got a full run on the man. | 一收到指纹 我们就对这个人进行了全面筛查 |
[03:33] | Victim’s name is Pete Jobling. | 受害者叫皮特卓布林 |
[03:36] | Trucker for Southfreight Shipping, which makes sense, | 南方货运船运公司的卡车司机 |
[03:38] | ’cause the test results I got back | 这个情况应该属实 我收到的检测结果显示 |
[03:40] | showed a little too much hydrogen sulfide | 他的血气和组织中氢化硫含量过多 |
[03:41] | in his blood gases and tissue; | |
[03:43] | he spent his whole life on the road, | 他一辈子都在路上开车 |
[03:45] | sniffing other people’s catalytic converters. | 吸入别的汽车的废气 |
[03:47] | 43, married, resides in Atlanta… | 43岁 已婚 住在亚特兰大 |
[03:49] | Record’s clean except for a 2018 arrest | 没什么案底 |
[03:51] | for a Jacksonville traffic violation | 除了2018年 在杰克逊维尔因交通违规被捕 |
[03:53] | that turned into a disorderly conduct. | 后来变成了行为不检罪 |
[03:55] | Defended by Zacarias Perez LLP. No conviction. | 辩护人是扎卡莱亚斯佩雷斯事务所 没有定罪 |
[03:58] | Zacarias Perez. Here he is. | 扎卡莱亚斯佩雷斯 |
[04:00] | Oh. Looks fancy. | 这是资料 看起来很高档 |
[04:02] | Not the kind of firm that defends truck drivers. | 不是那种会为卡车司机辩护的律师行 |
[04:05] | Thanks, Jasper. | 谢谢 贾斯伯 |
[04:06] | Hopefully we don’t need to see you again any time soon. | 希望我们近期内不会再见到你 |
[04:09] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[04:12] | – [phone vibrating] – It’s a D.C. number. | -是特区打来的 |
[04:15] | – Secret Service. – Hello? | -特勤局 喂? |
[04:17] | Officer Conklin? | 康克林警官 |
[04:19] | This is Molly Beth Gordon, | 我是莫莉贝丝戈登 |
[04:20] | Specialized Administrative Officer with the Secret Service. | 特勤局行政官 |
[04:23] | I got your message regarding Joe Reacher. | 我收到了你关于乔的留言了 |
[04:24] | I work with him. | 他是我的同事 |
[04:25] | Uh, hi, Molly Beth. | -莫莉贝丝 |
[04:26] | Oh, Joe! | 你好 -乔! |
[04:28] | Oh, thank God. Why haven’t you | 谢天谢地!你为什么不回我电话? |
[04:30] | returned my calls? I was so worried. | 我很担心 |
[04:35] | Ms. Gordon, this is Jack Reacher. | 戈登女士 我是杰克雷彻 |
[04:38] | Joe’s brother. | 乔的弟弟 |
[04:41] | Joe’s dead. | 乔已经死了 |
[04:44] | No. | 不可能 |
[04:46] | No, you’re wrong. | 不可能 你搞错了 |
[04:48] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[04:52] | How? | 他是怎么死的? |
[04:55] | He was murdered. | 被谋杀 |
[04:57] | We think his death may be related to his work. | 我们认为他的死可能跟他的工作有关 |
[05:00] | Do you know what Joe was doing in Margrave, Georgia? | 你知道乔在乔治亚州的 |
[05:02] | Uh… I don’t know. | 马格雷夫做什么吗? |
[05:04] | He was, um… [sniffles] | 我不知道 他在… |
[05:06] | He was running a classified investigation, | 他在做一项秘密调查 |
[05:08] | I just don’t know the details… | 我不清楚细节 |
[05:10] | God. [inhales] | 天哪 |
[05:12] | [sobbing] | |
[05:18] | I know it’s not the best time to answer questions, | 我知道现在不该追问你一些问题 |
[05:20] | but we really need your help. | 但是我们真的需要你的帮助 |
[05:22] | What position did Joe hold in the Secret Service? | 乔在特勤局担任什么职位? |
[05:25] | What? He was… | 什么?他… |
[05:26] | Uh, he was, he was the, he was the director, | 他是主任 |
[05:28] | he was the director of the Office of Investigations. | 他是调查办公室的主任 |
[05:31] | You… you didn’t know that? | 你不知道吗? |
[05:35] | No. | 不知道 |
[05:36] | We hadn’t spoken in a while. | 我们有一段时间没有联系了 |
[05:38] | Was anyone working under him? | -有别的手下跟他一起调查吗? |
[05:40] | No. | -没有 |
[05:42] | No, um… [sniffles] | 没有 |
[05:44] | No, he assigned his current case to himself. | 没有 这个案子只有他自己一个人在查 |
[05:46] | Nobody knew about it. | 没有人知道这件事 |
[05:48] | You did. | 可是你知道 |
[05:50] | We were close. | 我们的关系很近 |
[05:52] | Molly Beth, um, this is Officer Conklin. | 莫莉贝丝 我是康克林警员 |
[05:55] | I’m-I’m sorry, we’re almost done, I promise. | 抱歉 我们快问完了 我保证 |
[05:58] | Was there a specific division of O.I. | 乔在调查办公室负责哪个具体部门? |
[06:00] | that Joe was heading up? | |
[06:02] | Uh, yeah, he-he runs… | 他负责… |
[06:04] | he ran our anti-counterfeiting department. | 他是打击古董伪造部门的头儿 |
[06:10] | Agent Gordon? | 戈登特工 |
[06:12] | Captain Finlay, Chief Detective, Margrave PD. | 我是芬雷上尉 马格雷夫警局的探长 |
[06:15] | Had there been reports | 你们是否收到过 |
[06:16] | of counterfeiting in the Margrave area? | 在马格雷夫有伪造活动的报告? |
[06:17] | I… I really don’t feel like… Can we just talk about this another time, please? | 我们可以另择时间再谈这事吗? |
[06:21] | I know it’s hard, and I hate doing this, | 我知道这让人很伤心 |
[06:23] | considering what we just told you, | 考虑到我们刚刚告诉你的情况 我也不想一问再问 |
[06:25] | but you’re our only lead. | 但你是我们唯一的线索 |
[06:27] | On a case it appears Joe died for. | 乔似乎为了这个案子而牺牲 |
[06:30] | Um… Okay. [sniffles] | 好的 |
[06:32] | [exhales] | |
[06:35] | Joe told me that he put a stop | 乔告诉我 |
[06:37] | to all domestic counterfeiting a while ago. Um… | 他前一阵子 彻底阻止了所有的国内伪造活动 |
[06:41] | He put all these procedures in place; | 他启动了一些程序 |
[06:43] | made it basically impossible | 只要出现伪造活动 |
[06:44] | to make anything here without getting caught. | 就一定会被逮住 |
[06:46] | He was chasing international stuff. | 他后来在追查国际性的伪造活动 |
[06:49] | Like South America? | -比如南美洲的? |
[06:50] | I don’t know. Um… | -我不知道 |
[06:53] | I can try to get his files for you. | 我可以尝试找找他的文件给你们 |
[06:55] | [Reacher] Thank you. | 谢谢你 仅限打印件 |
[06:56] | But hard copies only; | 谢谢你 仅限打印件 |
[06:57] | we don’t want a digital trail. | -我们不想要留下数字踪迹 |
[06:59] | Why? | -为什么? |
[07:01] | Seems whatever Joe was into, people were killed over it. | 有很多人因为乔在查的这个案子而遇害 |
[07:03] | We don’t want anything leading back to you. | 我们不希望它连累你 |
[07:05] | We need to keep this quiet. | -我们不能打草惊蛇 |
[07:06] | Shouldn’t I tell his superiors? | -我不应该告诉他的上司吗? |
[07:08] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不能 |
[07:09] | We can’t trust the Secret Service? | 我们不能相信特勤局? |
[07:12] | Joe kept this top secret for a reason. | 乔保守了这个机密是有原因的 |
[07:15] | I believe in my brother’s instincts. Do you? | 我相信我哥哥的直觉 你呢? |
[07:17] | – Yes. – [Reacher] Okay, good. | -我相信 -好 很好 |
[07:19] | So we tell no one until we have a better understanding | 所以在我们不清楚情况之前 |
[07:21] | of what we’re dealing with. | 不能告诉任何人 |
[07:23] | Okay. Um… | 好的 |
[07:24] | it’ll take me a day or so to copy it all. | 我需要一两天来复印所有文件 |
[07:27] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[07:30] | [sniffles] | |
[07:31] | You sound just like him. | 你的声音跟他的一模一样 |
[07:36] | We’ll talk soon. | 我们很快再联系 |
[07:39] | [phone beeps off] | |
[07:42] | Your counterfeiting guess was right, Reacher. | 你对伪造活动的猜测是对的 |
[07:44] | My bet was guns or sex trafficking. | 我猜的是枪支走私或性贩运 |
[07:47] | Well, like you said, everything comes down to cash. | 一切都跟金钱有关 |
[07:49] | Counterfeiters just cut out the middle man. | 造假者干掉了中间人 |
[07:51] | But multiple murders over Monopoly money? | 但是为了伪钞谋杀几条人命 值得吗? |
[07:54] | People kill over 20 bucks in a wallet. | 有人为了20美元杀人 |
[07:55] | Imagine what they’d do to protect a limitless supply. | 想象一下 为了保护无限供应的伪钞他们愿意做什么 |
[07:57] | We don’t have to imagine; we’ve been to the Morrisons’ house. | 不需要想象 我们去过莫里森家 |
[07:59] | No way it’s a coincidence Hubble was a currency manager | 这不是巧合 |
[08:02] | for Axis Financial’s Atlanta branch. | 赫堡是亚特兰大中轴金融的货币经理 |
[08:04] | Okay, so we check out where he worked. | 我们去看看他工作的地方 |
[08:05] | I go there midday flashing a badge, | 我中午去那里掏出警徽 |
[08:07] | people clam up and lawyer up. | 人家不仅会闭嘴 还会找律师 |
[08:09] | I’ll track down some of the suits after hours. | 我在银行下班后再去查几个员工 |
[08:11] | – Mm. – But right now, | 但现在 |
[08:12] | I need you back in uniform and at the station house. | 我需要你穿上警服回局里 |
[08:14] | Pretend to look for the ex-cons who killed the Morrisons. | 假装在找杀死莫里森夫妇的前罪犯 |
[08:16] | I’m sorry, what? | 不好意思 你说什么? |
[08:18] | Teale doesn’t know we suspect him, | 蒂勒不知道我们怀疑他 |
[08:20] | so we play his game for now. | 所以我们暂时做做样子给他看 |
[08:21] | I’ll tell him you found your house broken into | 我会告诉他你的房子被非法闯入 |
[08:23] | and you’re determined to find out who’s responsible. | 你想抓住闯入者 |
[08:25] | So I get to watch Teale waving his cane like a scepter, | 我得忍受蒂勒挥舞着手杖 颐指气使? |
[08:27] | playin’ boss; what do you get to do? | -那你干什么? |
[08:28] | I’m going to pay a visit to that jail guard, Spivey. | -我会去拜访那个狱警 |
[08:31] | Got his address this morning. Next county over. | 我拿到了他的地址 |
[08:33] | I’ll come. | -住在隔壁县 -我跟你去 |
[08:34] | ‘Cause it went so well the last time? | 因为上次你们的见面很顺利? |
[08:36] | No, you’re gonna to go see Zacarias Perez LLP. | 不行 你去扎卡莱亚斯佩雷斯公司看看 |
[08:39] | See what you can find out about Jobling’s arrest. | 查一下卓布林被捕的案件 |
[08:41] | An assignment? | 你给我派任务? |
[08:42] | I thought I was not– | 我还以为不管是我的工作、外表 |
[08:44] | by employment, appearance, or lifestyle choice– | 还是生活方式都表明我不再是警察了? |
[08:45] | a cop anymore. | |
[08:46] | Well, shows you how desperate I am. | 这说明了我有多绝望 |
[08:49] | So be smart, don’t break the law, | 所以放聪明一点 不要触犯法律 |
[08:51] | and promise me you won’t end up in another holding cell. | 并向我保证你不会再进拘留室 |
[08:55] | No. | 不会的 |
[08:57] | [chuckles] | |
[08:58] | Can’t wait till this is over and that guy’s out of our town. | 真恨不得这一切尽快结束 那个家伙离开我们的小镇 |
[09:07] | Officer Conklin. | 康克林警官 |
[09:10] | Keeping banker’s hours? | 你是按照银行家的工作时间上班呢? |
[09:11] | I was at the morgue, | 我刚才去了停尸房 |
[09:13] | getting intel on the second highway victim. | 了解有关第二名高速公路受害者的信息 |
[09:15] | I made my directive clear. | 我的指示非常明确 |
[09:17] | Those bodies take a backseat | 我们已故同事和他妻子的命案更重要 |
[09:19] | to those of our departed colleague and his wife. | 那两位死者的案子之后再查 |
[09:21] | A cop is dead, | 死了一个警察 |
[09:23] | and from what I’ve heard, we could’ve had another. | 我听说另一位同事差点也出事了 |
[09:25] | You holdin’ up all right? | -你还好吧? |
[09:26] | Yes, sir. | -还好 长官 |
[09:28] | Though if I had been home, I would’ve taken | 如果我昨晚在家 |
[09:30] | at least a couple of those bastards with me. | 我会拉上几个王八蛋给我垫底 |
[09:31] | That’s the spirit, kid. | 就得有这种志气 孩子 |
[09:33] | If someone wants to come after Margrave’s finest, | 如果有人想对付马格雷夫警察 |
[09:36] | they better be ready for a fight. | 他们最好做好战斗的准备 |
[09:37] | Now, I want you focused on these boys up on the board: | 我希望你集中精力 |
[09:40] | some of the more violent perps Morrison helped incarcerate. | 调查板上的这些罪犯 被莫里森送进监狱的一些暴力罪犯 |
[09:44] | Aggravated battery, | 严重殴击罪 |
[09:45] | domestic assault, | 家庭侵犯 |
[09:48] | armed robbery. Bad men. | 持械抢劫 败类 |
[09:50] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[09:52] | I’m in the process of running down | 我正在检查整个县的汽车失窃报告 |
[09:53] | stolen car reports for the whole county. | |
[09:55] | Figure if an ex-con was gonna | 我想如果一个前罪犯要去警察家 |
[09:57] | go to a cop’s house, he wouldn’t risk | |
[09:58] | using his own ride. | -应该不会冒险开自己的车 |
[09:59] | Well, that’s good thinkin’. | -这个想法很好 |
[10:01] | You keep me posted. | 有发现随时通知我 |
[10:02] | Hmm. | |
[10:06] | [indistinct radio chatter] | |
[10:14] | [quietly] Roscoe? | 萝丝柯 |
[10:17] | You were with Finlay this morning? | -你今天早上和芬雷在一起吗? |
[10:18] | I was. | -是的 |
[10:20] | And, uh… someone came after you? | 有人追杀你? |
[10:23] | [scoffs] Appears that way. | 看起来是的 |
[10:25] | Could be related to Morrison, | 可能跟莫里森的案子有关 |
[10:26] | could be teens with a fucked-up sense of humor. | 也可能是一些青少年的变态恶作剧 |
[10:28] | Yeah. Um… | 嗯 |
[10:30] | My cousin Charlie’s not picking up her phone. | 我表妹查莉不接电话 |
[10:33] | Paul, either. The whole family’s disappeared. | 保罗也不接电话 |
[10:36] | Just wondering if you know something I don’t. | 一家人消失得无影无踪 我只是想知道 |
[10:39] | No. | 你是否知道一些我不知道的事 不知道 |
[10:41] | Do you? | -你知道吗? |
[10:43] | Nope. I’m just trying | -不知道 |
[10:45] | to figure out what the hell’s going on around here . | 我想弄清楚这到底是怎么回事 |
[10:47] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[10:49] | I haven’t had any luck, so I’m just gonna | 没什么发现 所以我得照蒂勒的吩咐 |
[10:51] | focus on the ex-cons, like Teale said. | 集中精神 查一查那些前科犯 |
[10:54] | You really think that’s the way to go on this? | 你真的认为应该往这个方向查吗? |
[10:56] | Good a road as any. | 这个方向也应该查 |
[10:59] | Teale’s boss now. | 蒂勒现在是我们的头儿 |
[11:03] | What about Finlay? | 那芬雷呢? |
[11:05] | Think he might know something he ain’t sharing? | 你觉得他知道什么吗? |
[11:06] | I doubt it. | 我很怀疑 |
[11:08] | Everybody in Margrave still treats him like the new guy. | 马格雷夫的每一个人 都还把他当作是新来的 |
[11:11] | Yeah. Well, whole town’s wound tighter than jungle gym screws. | 是啊 |
[11:15] | I don’t know what to tell my wife. | 全镇人都很紧张 我不知道该怎么跟我的妻子说 |
[11:18] | This Reacher guy’s running all over everybody | 那个雷彻跟所有人对着干… |
[11:20] | – like it’s… – [Teale] Stevenson? | 史蒂文森? |
[11:22] | A moment. Yes, sir. | 过来一下 |
[11:35] | [door closes] – [cicadas buzzing] – [dog barks in distance] | 是 |
[11:49] | ♪ ♪ | 长官 |
[12:09] | Mr. Spivey? | 史派威先生? |
[12:14] | Tanner Spivey? | 坦纳史派威? |
[12:29] | Mr. Spivey? | 史派威先生? |
[12:40] | [dog barks in distance] | 通话记录 |
[13:05] | [sighs] | 通话记录 |
[13:20] | [beeps] | 克莱纳因德… |
[13:28] | [both grunting] | 奥尔顿警察 |
[13:31] | Alton police! | 你入室抢劫就选错地方了 |
[13:33] | – You picked the wrong town to rob in. – Wait! | 等等 |
[13:38] | Those bruises look pretty fresh. | 这些瘀伤看起来很新 |
[13:40] | You still feelin’ ’em? | 你还觉得疼吗? |
[13:42] | A bit. | 一点点 |
[13:45] | The accident was just a few days ago. | 几天前发生的意外 |
[13:49] | Well, truth be told, Mr. Doyle… | 好吧 说实话 |
[13:53] | I’m sorry, what was your first name again? | 道尔先生… 不好意思 你叫什么名字来着? |
[13:56] | Uh, Brian. | 布莱恩 |
[13:58] | Truth be told, Brian, | 说实话 |
[14:00] | we don’t normally handle auto claims here. | 我们通常不处理汽车索赔案 |
[14:02] | Usually leave that to the bus bench crowd. | 一般我们会留给小法律事务所接 |
[14:04] | But The Home Depot’s got deep pockets | 但是家得宝财大气粗 |
[14:07] | and I intend to get my hands all the way in ’em, | 我打算一直把手伸进他们的钱包里 |
[14:10] | get you the recovery you deserve. | 让你得到应有的赔偿 |
[14:13] | So, let’s start at the beginning. | 那我们就从头开始吧 |
[14:15] | What was the date that delivery truck hit you? | 送货卡车撞到你是在哪一天? |
[14:18] | There was no truck. | 没有发生意外 |
[14:20] | I made up a story so you’d see me. | 我编了一个故事 骗你见我 |
[14:22] | Now get me your file on Pete Jobling. | 把皮特卓布林的档案给我 |
[14:25] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[14:26] | A client you represented for a traffic violation | 你们公司以前的一个委托人 被控交通违规 |
[14:29] | and disorderly conduct charge. | 和行为不检罪 |
[14:31] | His file. | 他的档案 |
[14:32] | Get it. | 调出来 |
[14:34] | I don’t know what game you’re playing at here, | 我不知道你在玩什么把戏 |
[14:36] | but get out of my office. | 但是请你离开我的办公室 |
[14:38] | No. | 不 |
[14:40] | Excuse me? | 你说什么?你以为你是谁啊? |
[14:41] | Who the hell do you think you are? | |
[14:43] | A pissed-off drifter with nothing to lose. | 一个被惹恼了并且肆无忌惮的流浪者 |
[14:45] | Oh, you want to get arrested for trespassing? | 你想因非法侵入罪被捕吗? |
[14:47] | Pull up Jobling’s file. Now. | 马上把卓布林的文件调出来 |
[14:49] | I will ruin your life with one phone call. | 只消一个电话 我就能毁掉你的人生 |
[14:53] | I’ll end your life with one phone. | 我用一部电话就能结束你的生命 |
[14:59] | [grunts] | |
[15:00] | [chokes] | |
[15:02] | Pull up Jobling’s file. | 把卓布林的文件调出来 |
[15:07] | Print it. | 打印出来 |
[15:11] | Staple. | 订书机 |
[15:13] | [groans] | |
[15:14] | Little further. | 往前伸一点 |
[15:17] | Here you go. | 钉起来 |
[15:22] | – Thank you. – [coughing] | 谢谢 |
[15:26] | Oh. | |
[15:28] | Don’t bother trying to find out my real name. | 不要费心去查出我的真名 |
[15:30] | Cause any problems, you’ll wish I’d finished strangling you. [door closes] [coughing] | 敢给我惹任何麻烦的话 |
[15:39] | – [exhales] – [door opens] [sniffles] – [indistinct radio chatter] – [footsteps approaching] [keys jangling] [sighs] | 你会恨不得我刚才把你勒死 |
[15:47] | Listen, man, you should’ve told us you were a cop. | 听着 伙计 你应该告诉我们你是警察的 |
[15:52] | Hard to do with a boot in your mouth. | 嘴巴被靴子堵了 |
[16:05] | [sniffles] | 说不了话 |
[16:08] | And it shouldn’t make a difference. | 不管我是不是警察 |
[16:17] | [groans softly] | 你们都不应该动粗 |
[16:20] | Jesus. | 老天爷 |
[16:23] | Which one of you assholes did this? | -你们当中谁动的手? |
[16:25] | Thought he was a burglar. | -我们以为他入室偷窃 |
[16:27] | How many burglars you know wear suits? | -有多少盗贼会穿西装? |
[16:29] | He didn’t look like he lived there. | -他看起来不像住那一带的人 |
[16:31] | – Are you fuckin’ kidding me right now? – Hey. | -你他妈的现在是跟我抬杠吗? |
[16:33] | Let it go. | -嘿 算了 |
[16:35] | We have bigger fights. | 我们有更重要的事 |
[16:36] | Come on. Come on. | 走吧 |
[16:39] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[16:46] | You know, cursing is a sign of a weak mind | 讲脏话是心智及品格软弱的表现 |
[16:48] | and a weaker character. | |
[16:51] | But I appreciate you having my back. | 但我很感激你给我撑腰 |
[16:54] | Of course. | -别客气 |
[16:55] | You hear from Reacher? | -雷彻有什么消息吗? |
[16:57] | We’re meeting him at Jolene’s. | 我要去乔琳餐吧见他 |
[16:59] | Said he found something. | 他说他有所发现 |
[17:00] | Good. ‘Cause so did I. [♪ Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears: “PTP”] ♪ ♪ | 很好 |
[17:11] | ♪ I been doing everything for you ♪ ♪ Even took up all day ♪ ♪ Well, I guess that… | 因为我也有发现 |
[17:21] | Cops or civilians? | 被警察还是平民揍了? |
[17:23] | Just Southern hospitality. | 南方人热情好客罢了 |
[17:26] | How’d it go at the law firm? | -律师事务所那里查得怎么样? |
[17:28] | Got everything I needed. | -拿到了我需要的一切 |
[17:30] | How? | 怎么拿到的? |
[17:31] | Just… used the phone. | 只是用了电话 |
[17:36] | Two fried chicken thighs, fried okra, ribs, | 两个炸鸡腿、炸秋葵、肋排 |
[17:39] | collard greens, pole beans, rice with giblet gravy, | 绿叶甘蓝、绿杆菜、杂碎肉酱饭 |
[17:42] | cottage cheese and peaches. | 乡村奶酪和桃子 |
[17:43] | Buttermilk chicken sandwich with coleslaw. | 奶油鸡肉三明治配凉拌卷心菜 |
[17:46] | And for you, spinach salad. Dressing on the side. | 你的是菠菜沙拉 酱汁另上 |
[17:49] | – Thank you. – Thanks. | -谢谢 |
[17:51] | I was embarrassed ordering that. | -谢谢 点你的那份让我很尴尬 |
[17:53] | How do you eat like that and still look like you do? | 你怎么能吃这么多还不会发胖? |
[17:56] | Like this. | 像这样吃 |
[18:02] | So, Roscoe says you found something. | 萝丝柯说你有所发现 |
[18:06] | Our dead trucker’s employer, Southfreight Shipping? | 那个死去的卡车司机的雇主 南方货运船运公司 |
[18:08] | They were contracted to Kliner Industries. | 他们跟克莱纳工业是合作伙伴 |
[18:11] | When our trucker got into legal trouble, | 那个卡车司机遇上了官司 |
[18:13] | Kliner paid his legal fees. | 克莱纳工业就替他支付律师费用 |
[18:15] | That makes what I came across even more interesting. | 如此一来 我的发现就更值得查探了 |
[18:17] | – [Reacher] What’s that? – I searched Spivey’s house. | -什么发现? -我搜了史派威的房子 |
[18:19] | Looks like he left town. | 他似乎已经逃走了 |
[18:21] | But his landline showed multiple calls to Kliner Industries. | 但他的电话显示 他给克莱纳工业打过好几通电话 |
[18:23] | So, roads are leading to Kliner. | -一切线索都指向克莱纳 |
[18:25] | The patron saint of Margrave? | -马格雷夫的守护圣人 |
[18:27] | You really think that he could be counterfeiting? | -你认为他可能在制造伪钞? |
[18:29] | Who knows? He certainly has the financial resources | -谁知道呢? |
[18:31] | to pull off something of this scale. | 他绝对有财力来完成这种规模的事情 |
[18:33] | Maybe he has those resources | 也许他有这种财力是因为他在造伪钞 |
[18:34] | – because he’s counterfeiting. – Mm. | |
[18:37] | Well, how does Hubble’s bank fit into all this? | 赫堡的银行在当中扮演什么角色? |
[18:39] | Not sure. But I’m gonna break into Kliner’s tonight | 我不知道 |
[18:42] | and see if I can find something that connects them. | 我会闯进克莱纳的办公室 看看能不能找到线索 |
[18:44] | You can’t just sit there and say you’re gonna violate | 你不能坐在这儿 |
[18:46] | the Fourth Amendment while you eat okra. | 一边吃饭一边说你会违反第四修正案 |
[18:48] | Yes, I can. | 我可以 |
[18:49] | – Wanna see me do it again? – Reacher… | 想看我再表演一次吗? 雷彻 |
[18:52] | I don’t know what we’ll find or not find. | 我不知道我们会发现什么 |
[18:54] | Things maybe lead to Kliner. | 线索也许指向克莱纳 |
[18:56] | We’re flying blind here, | 但总得有人踢马蜂窝 |
[18:58] | so somebody’s gotta kick the hornet’s nest. | |
[19:00] | You jeopardize this investigation | 如果你使用非法手段 |
[19:01] | if you get evidence that’s inadmissible | 得到了不可接受的的证据 |
[19:03] | because it was unlawfully obtained. | 那你会危及这项调查 |
[19:05] | You get that busted nose filling out a warrant | 你是因为申请搜查令搜史派威家 |
[19:08] | to search Spivey’s house? | 才让鼻子被打断的吗? |
[19:09] | A man who may have information regarding a murder | 一个可能掌握谋杀案信息的人失踪了 |
[19:12] | had disappeared. | |
[19:13] | He didn’t return my calls, | 他没有回我电话 |
[19:14] | so I went to his house. | 所以我去了他家 |
[19:16] | No answer there, despite it being mid-afternoon, | 尽管当时是下午 但是在他家没有人应门 |
[19:18] | and he not reporting to work that day. | 而且那天他没有去上班 |
[19:20] | I had a reasonable belief that Spivey could be in danger. | 我有理由相信他可能有危险 |
[19:23] | – Mm. – Exigent circumstances are exceptions | 在紧急情况下可以破例 |
[19:26] | to the warrant requirement. | 不需要搜查令 |
[19:27] | Exigent circumstances? That’s bullshit. | 紧急情况 -鬼扯 |
[19:31] | Maybe. But it’s legal. | -也许吧 但这是合法的 |
[19:33] | Okay, fine. | 好 行 |
[19:35] | I won’t break into Kliner’s office. | 我不会闯入克莱纳的办公室 |
[19:37] | I’ll walk in and talk to him. Now. | 我会走进去和他谈 |
[19:39] | I’m coming. A man that powerful, | 我也去 |
[19:41] | someone’s gotta keep a cool head. | 应付这么厉害的角色 总得有一个头脑冷静的人 |
[19:43] | [clears throat] Okay, I think I know what’s going on here, | 我知道这是怎么回事 |
[19:45] | but if you two can’t play nice, I’m gonna do what Meemaw used to | 如果你们两个不能互相合作 |
[19:47] | and make you sit on the ground and hold hands. | 我会让你们坐在地上 互相牵着手 |
[19:52] | Okay… eat it or clean it up. | 好了 吃掉它或者把桌子清理干净 |
[19:55] | Jolene’s not your mama. | 乔琳不是你妈 |
[20:00] | I gotta go keep tracking down those rental cars. Bye. | 我得去继续追查那些租车了 再见 |
[20:08] | I’m taking those ribs to go. | 我把肋排打包带走 |
[20:16] | You hungry? | 你饿了吧? |
[20:18] | [quietly] Good boy. | |
[20:21] | Reacher, what are you doin’? | 雷彻 你在搞什么? |
[20:23] | Owner’s been leaving him out, not giving him water. | 狗主人一直让它在外晃荡 |
[20:27] | What the hell’s goin’ on here? | 不给它水喝 你们在这里干什么? |
[20:31] | This your dog, sir? | 先生 这是你的狗吗? |
[20:33] | It was my uncle’s. He died a few weeks ago. | 嗯 我叔叔的狗 |
[20:36] | I didn’t want the mutt, but now I got it. | 他几周前去世了 我不想要它 可这狗还是摊到了我头上 |
[20:38] | “It”? What’s his name? | 这狗? 它叫什么名字? |
[20:41] | It was a barn dog. Got no name. | 不过是条看谷仓的狗 没名字 |
[20:42] | Now, I told you the other day to stay the hell out of my yard. | 前几天我就告诉过你 不要进我的院子 |
[20:45] | Negligent care of an animal’s a misdemeanor in Margrave. | 疏忽照顾动物是轻罪 |
[20:48] | $500 fine, up to ten days in jail. | 罚款五百美元 监禁十天以下 |
[20:51] | Everything going on in this town, | 这个镇上发生了这么多破事 |
[20:52] | and you’re worried about a dog? | 你却在担心一条狗 |
[20:54] | This how they policed up in Boston? | 波士顿的警察就是这么维持治安的吗? |
[20:59] | Don’t make me come back and cite you, sir. | 先生 别让我回来传唤你 |
[21:03] | Reacher, come on. | 雷彻 |
[21:31] | [indistinct chatter] | 来吧 |
[21:47] | Not a single security camera. | 没有一个监控摄像头 |
[21:52] | Maybe Kliner doesn’t want a record of what’s going on here. | 也许克莱纳不想记录这里发生的事 |
[21:56] | Captain Finlay, over here. | 芬雷上尉 在这边 |
[22:01] | Right this way. Mr. Kliner’s expecting you. | 这边请 克莱纳先生在等着你们 |
[22:06] | That was a hell of a lot of animal feed back there. | 那后面的动物饲料多得出奇 |
[22:10] | It’s the South. They all have got cows. | 这里是南方 他们都养了牛 |
[22:19] | I’ll do the talking. | 由我负责说话 |
[22:21] | Good. I don’t like talking. | 好 反正我不喜欢说话 |
[22:28] | A family of skilled marksmen. | 枪术娴熟的一家人 |
[22:31] | Uh, just up here, gentlemen. | 两位先生 就在这里面 |
[22:39] | I’m not sure I can help you. | 我不确定我能帮到你们 |
[22:41] | I wish I could, but all I know about these killings | 关于这桩命案我所知道的 |
[22:44] | is the gossip from the diner, | 均来自于晚饭时听来的八卦 |
[22:45] | which we both know is far from reliable. | 我们都知道这远不可信 |
[22:49] | Tanner Spivey, and has himself disappeared, | 坦纳史派威失踪了 |
[22:51] | called your company multiple times in the last three days. | 他在过去三天内多次致电贵公司 |
[22:55] | Pete Jobling, also deceased, | 已经去世的皮特卓布林 |
[22:58] | is a former truck driver for Kliner Industries. | 以前是克莱纳工业的卡车司机 |
[23:00] | For a company we contracted with. | 他是我们选择外包业务的一家公司的员工 |
[23:02] | Be that as it may, | 尽管如此 |
[23:04] | you paid his legal fees for a minor traffic violation | 他的辩护律师费却是贵公司支付的 他的罪名由交通违规 |
[23:08] | that escalated into disorderly conduct. | 演变成了行为不检罪 |
[23:09] | We’re just looking for some clarification | 如果您不介意的话 |
[23:11] | as to your relationship with these men, if you wouldn’t mind. | 我们只是想请您澄清一下 您与这些人的关系 |
[23:15] | No. Um… | 不介意 |
[23:18] | regarding Mr. Jobling, | 关于卓布林先生 |
[23:20] | I ship product all over the country. | 我公司的产品运往全国各地 |
[23:23] | Truck drivers drive too fast. | 卡车司机开得太快 |
[23:26] | They get all amped up on energy drinks. | 他们都喝能量饮料提神 |
[23:28] | It behooves me to keep lawyers on retainer | 我有义务聘请律师 |
[23:31] | to get my drivers back on the road and keep the wheels | 让我的卡车司机 |
[23:33] | of business literally in motion. | 重新上路 让业务的车轮真正能保持运转 |
[23:36] | And as for Mr. Spivey, you said he called my company? | 至于史派威先生 |
[23:39] | We have a general number with over a dozen departments. | 你刚才说他打过电话到我的公司? 我们有一个号码供十多个部门共用 |
[23:42] | Perhaps Mr. Spivey has a buddy on the loading docks? | 也许史派威先生有朋友在装货码头工作 |
[23:46] | Maybe they were just making plans to grab a beer after work. | 或许他们只是在商量下班后喝杯啤酒 |
[23:49] | Perhaps. Or perhaps he was calling for another reason. | 也许吧 |
[23:54] | I know you’re only doing your job, | 或者也许他打电话来有别的原因 我知道你只是在尽职责 |
[23:57] | and I know you’re just trying to get answers | 我也知道你只是想知道你哥哥的死因 |
[23:59] | about your brother’s death. | |
[24:02] | But, if I may speak frankly, | 但如果我可以坦率地说 |
[24:04] | after all I’ve done for this town, | 我为这个小镇做了这么多 |
[24:07] | after all I’ve invested into it, | 投入了这么多 |
[24:09] | I’m a little insulted to be under suspicion. | 你们怀疑我 让我有一点受羞辱 |
[24:11] | More than a little. | 不只是一点 |
[24:13] | My intention was never to insult you, Mr. Kliner. | 我的本意绝不是侮辱您 |
[24:16] | That’s okay. | 克莱纳先生 没关系 |
[24:21] | I know you’ve been under a lot of stress with | 我知道发生了这么多事 |
[24:24] | – all that’s been happening. – My intention | 你一直承受着巨大的压力 |
[24:26] | is to conduct my investigation in any manner | 我的本意是 |
[24:29] | I see fit. | 以我认为合适的方式进行调查 |
[24:30] | And right now, that means finding out | 现在这就意味着 |
[24:31] | what you may or may not know. | 要了解您可能知道或不知道的内容 |
[24:35] | I know you’ve had some trouble settling in here, Captain. | 上尉 我知道你在这里适应得不太好 |
[24:39] | I wonder why that is. [chuckles] | 我不知道是为什么 |
[24:42] | Maybe it’s because you’re a Northerner. | 也许是因为你是北方人 |
[24:45] | Or maybe it’s your fancy education. | 或者也许是因为你的高等教育背景 |
[24:49] | Or maybe it’s another reason. Hmm? | 又或者可能是其他什么原因? |
[24:55] | Anyway, you haven’t exactly ingratiated yourself | 不管怎么说 你还没有完全 |
[24:59] | to the good folks of Margrave. | 讨得马格雷夫镇民们的欢心 |
[25:03] | I mean, the people of this town, | 这个镇里的人 |
[25:06] | the other members of the police department | 和其他警察 |
[25:08] | want to help you; they want to work with you. | 都想帮助你 跟你携手合作 |
[25:10] | They’ve told me so themselves. | 这是他们亲口告诉我的 |
[25:11] | We all want justice to be done. | 我们都希望伸张正义 |
[25:15] | But not if you’re chasing down theories | 但如果你在没有任何事实依据的情况下 |
[25:18] | without any basis in fact. | 捕风捉影 那就不行了 |
[25:21] | Some friendly advice? | 我给你一些善意的建议吧? |
[25:23] | This evidence trail you’re following? | 你正在追踪的这条线索 |
[25:26] | It’s a waste of time for you and for me. | 不仅浪费你的时间 也浪费我的时间 |
[25:32] | Leave it. | 别查了 |
[25:39] | Horatio Finlay. | 赫瑞修芬雷 |
[25:42] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[25:45] | My father’s name. | 我父亲的名字 |
[25:47] | Horatio Finlay. | 赫拉修芬雷 |
[25:50] | You might think you’re everybody’s daddy in this town, | 你可能认为 |
[25:54] | but you’re not mine. | 你是这个镇上每一个人的老爸 但你不是我父亲 |
[25:57] | You don’t tell me what leads to chase and how to chase them. | 你没有资格告诉我 该查什么线索以及怎么查 |
[26:00] | So if I may give you some friendly advice: | 所以 请容我给你一个善意的建议 |
[26:05] | if you keep talking to the cops on my force, | 如果你继续跟我手下的警员说话 |
[26:07] | hinder this investigation in any way, I will put | 以任何方式阻碍这项调查 |
[26:12] | my fucking foot up your fucking ass | 我他妈的会把脚塞进你的菊花里 |
[26:14] | until your heart fucking stops. | 直到你心脏停止跳动为止 |
[26:22] | I think it’s time for you gentlemen to leave. | 我想你们两位该离开了 |
[26:26] | [button buzzes] | |
[26:36] | [exhales] | |
[26:39] | You know, cursing is a sign | 你要知道 |
[26:42] | of weak mind and weaker character. | 讲脏话 是心智及品格软弱的表现 |
[26:45] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[26:53] | “You’re not my daddy. | “你不是我爹 |
[26:55] | Horatio Finlay’s my daddy.” [chuckles] | 赫瑞修芬雷才是我爸爸” |
[27:01] | Oh, loosen up. | 别绷得这么紧 |
[27:04] | You did the right thing. | 你做得对 |
[27:07] | Kliner’s a bully. | 克莱纳是个恶霸 |
[27:10] | Bullies need to know they can be punished, too. | 欺凌者需要知道他们也会受到惩罚 |
[27:16] | [young Joe] Don’t cry, no matter what. | 不管发生什么都不要哭 |
[27:21] | Don’t cry. I don’t care how scared or upset you get, | 别哭 |
[27:24] | don’t you dare let ’em see you cry. | 我不管你有多害怕或多生气 不要让他们看到你哭 |
[27:30] | Boys… | 孩子们 |
[27:34] | I’m gonna get right to it. | 我就单刀直入吧 |
[27:36] | We just came from the hospital. | 我们刚从医院过来 |
[27:39] | Curtis Bishop had his face bashed in with this. | 柯蒂斯毕夏普的脸被这玩意儿砸了 |
[27:42] | His cheekbone was fractured. | 他的颧骨骨折了 |
[27:44] | He had to have surgery, sutures. | 必须做手术 缝合伤口 |
[27:47] | This is a very serious crime. | 这是非常严重的罪行 |
[27:49] | There were bicycle tracks leaving Curtis’s house. | 我们发现有自行车痕迹 从柯蒂斯的家里出来 |
[27:52] | You know where they led? | 你们知道痕迹一直通到哪里吗? 到那里 |
[27:54] | Right there. To your bike, Joe. | 一直到你的自行车 乔 |
[27:59] | Joe, did you do this? | 乔 这是你做的吗? |
[28:13] | “All signs indicate yes.” | 所有迹象表明是我干的 |
[28:25] | You’re not safe at home anymore. | 你现在在家已经不安全了 |
[28:28] | You need to pack a bag and bounce around motels | 你需要收拾点行李 |
[28:31] | – outside Margrave for a while. – I’m chief detective. | 在马格雷夫外的汽车旅馆暂住 我是探长 |
[28:33] | And Morrison was chief of police, and his balls | 莫里森还是警长呢 |
[28:35] | are in his stomach now. | 现在他的蛋蛋都被吞进他肚子里了 |
[28:37] | Kliner knows you suspect him. | 克莱纳知道你怀疑上他了 |
[28:39] | We don’t know who to trust at the station. | 我们不知道警局里有谁是信得过的 |
[28:41] | Motels. Cash. Fake names. | 住汽车旅馆、随身携带现金 |
[28:43] | Travel light. | 用假名、轻装旅行 |
[28:46] | You mean live like you? | 你是说像你一样生活? |
[28:50] | You get used to it. | 你会习惯的 |
[29:09] | He’s in the back. | 他在后面 |
[29:11] | What’s he doing, packing his tweed pajamas? | 他在干吗?收拾他的粗花呢睡衣? |
[29:13] | – Probably. – Jesus. | 有这可能 天哪! |
[29:16] | I don’t know what’s more depressing, | 我不知道哪里更令人沮丧 |
[29:17] | this or Morrison’s place. | 是这里还是莫里森家 |
[29:19] | You said your family used to be in farming, right? | 你说你家以前是开农场的? |
[29:22] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:23] | How many head of cattle can a moving truck | 一辆卡车量的饲料够多少头牛吃? |
[29:25] | full of animal feed take care of? | |
[29:27] | A lot. Why? | 很多头 怎么这么问? |
[29:29] | How many head of cattle does Kliner have on his compound? | 克莱纳的养殖场里养了多少头牛? |
[29:31] | I don’t know. | 我开车经过他的养殖场北边时看过 |
[29:33] | Uh, I see ’em when I drive by his north acreage; | |
[29:35] | call it a hundred. | 大概有一百头吧 |
[29:36] | Nothing for the size of the land. | 这么大的一片地养一百头不算什么 |
[29:37] | I’m gonna ask you again. Why? | 我再问你一次 怎么这么问? |
[29:40] | I don’t know. | 我暂时不知道 |
[29:41] | He was getting a ton of feed delivered today. | 今天有大量饲料送到了他公司 |
[29:43] | Organized operation. | 看起来像是有组织的 |
[29:45] | Didn’t seem like the first time they were doing it. | 不像是第一次 |
[29:47] | It’s not like he’s running a commercial farm. | 他并不是在经营商业农场 |
[29:49] | It’s Georgia. Lot of folks have cows. | 这是乔治亚州 |
[29:52] | That’s what I hear. | 很多人家里都养牛 我是这么听说的 |
[29:54] | Hey. You been here a year? | -嘿 -嘿 |
[29:57] | Who’s your decorator, this guy? | 你在这里住了一年了吧? 你家是谁装修的 这个家伙吗? |
[30:01] | Haven’t had time to furniture shop. | 我还没时间去逛家具店 |
[30:03] | – We good to go? – Yeah. | -你可以走了吗? -嗯 |
[30:05] | There’s a motel right outside Hickory where | 在希科里外有一家汽车旅馆 |
[30:07] | we can stay under the radar; third exit off 85. | 我们可以住在那里 85号高速公路第三个出口 |
[30:10] | Reacher. | 雷彻 |
[30:12] | I just want to make sure we’re on the same page | 我想确保我们先达成共识 |
[30:15] | because your punch-to-syllable ratio is about 1:1. | 因为你这家伙动不动就揍人 |
[30:18] | I’m gonna go get a snack. | 我去拿点零食 |
[30:19] | Just because it looks like Kliner | 克莱纳看起来跟这些案子有关 |
[30:21] | might be a part of all this does not mean you can just go take him out. | 并不代表你可以去动他 |
[30:24] | No problem. | -没问题 |
[30:26] | – Really? – A federal agent, | -真的? |
[30:28] | a cop and multiple civilians are dead. | 死者包括一名联邦特工 一名警察和两个平民 |
[30:30] | We’re not dealing with a small-scale operation, | 这不是一个小行动 |
[30:31] | this thing’s a hydra; | 我们的对手是条九头蛇 |
[30:33] | I cut off one head, two more grow in its place. | 我砍掉一个头 在同一个位置会长出两个来 |
[30:35] | There’s no justice for Joe in that. | 这对乔来说不算是伸张正义 |
[30:37] | I’m gonna uncover this whole operation, | 我要揭发整个行动 |
[30:39] | and then burn it to the ground. | 然后把它连根拔了 |
[30:41] | That takes time, which is something | 这需要时间 |
[30:42] | I have in great quantity. | 而我刚好有的是时间 |
[30:44] | Taking Kliner out’s the last move, not the first. | 除掉克莱纳是最后一步 而不是第一步 |
[30:48] | I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that. | -我会假装没听到你刚才的话 |
[30:49] | Pretend whatever you want. | -随便你 |
[30:50] | Okay. | 好了 |
[30:52] | So, we have three viable leads right now: | 我们现在有三个可行的线索 |
[30:54] | Hubble, Jobling and Spivey. | 赫堡、卓布林、史派威 |
[30:56] | Spivey’s in the wind, Hubble’s wife doesn’t know anything. | 史派威失踪了 赫堡的老婆什么都不知道 |
[30:58] | But maybe Jobling’s wife does. | 或许卓布林的妻子知道些什么? |
[31:00] | It’s late, but I can question her tomorrow. | 现在很晚了 但我明天可以问她 |
[31:03] | Do whatever you want, but Spivey’s the answer. | 随便你想做什么 但史派威才是症结所在 |
[31:05] | I get him to rat on whoever paid him to kill Hubble, | 我让他供出他背后的金主就会真相大白 |
[31:07] | we know everything. I’m finding him. | 我要去找他 |
[31:09] | Now? | 现在? |
[31:10] | He could’ve told me to meet him anywhere. | 他可以在任何地方见我 |
[31:11] | He picked the Blue Cat. | 但他选择了蓝猫酒吧 |
[31:12] | A place he was comfortable, | 一个让他觉得放松的地方 |
[31:13] | was probably a regular. | 他应该是那里的常客 |
[31:15] | Maybe some of the other regulars know where he’s hiding. | 也许其中的一些常客知道他藏在哪里 |
[31:18] | And neither of you are coming with me. | 你们两个都别跟我来 |
[31:20] | You’ll be made instantly. You both reek of cop. | 你们俩一看就知道是警察 |
[31:23] | I’ll meet you in Hickory. | -我们在希科里见 |
[31:24] | All right, I’ll meet you there, too. | -我也先走了 在希科里见吧 |
[31:26] | I gotta go get some toothpaste and deodorant and stuff. | 我得去弄点洗漱用品 |
[31:28] | I don’t know how he lives like this. | 真不知道他怎么能这样生活 |
[31:31] | Yeah, I gotta make a stop, too. Roscoe? | 好 我也得先去一个地方 萝丝柯 |
[31:36] | Be safe. | -注意安全 |
[31:38] | Oh, watch out. Keep bein’ nice like that | -你要小心哦 再这么客气下去 |
[31:40] | and you’re gonna be making friends around here in no time. | 你很快就能在这里交到朋友 |
[31:44] | [door closes] | |
[31:47] | [exhales] | |
[31:49] | [entry bell chimes] | |
[31:55] | Get off my truck. | 离我的车远一点 |
[31:57] | You been with that Reacher guy a lot lately. | 你最近经常跟那个雷彻混 |
[32:00] | Did he tell you all about himself? | 他告诉过你关于他的一切吗? |
[32:03] | Or is there not much talking going on? | 还是说你们不怎么聊天? |
[32:06] | Your mama teach you the way to a girl’s heart is stalking her? | 对女生死缠烂打就能赢得她的心 这是你妈妈教你的吗? |
[32:09] | I wouldn’t have to resort to this | 如果你愿意跟我约会的话 |
[32:11] | if you would ever go out with me. | 我就不必用这种招数了 |
[32:12] | But some outlier strolls in, | 可是某个外地人一来 |
[32:15] | next thing I hear, you guys are best pals. | 我就听说你们成了最好的朋友 |
[32:18] | Five years ago the Kliners were outliers. Now move. | 五年前 克莱纳一家都是外来者 你让开 |
[32:22] | If you guys are so close, he must’ve told you | 既然你们这么亲近 |
[32:23] | about Baghdad, right? | 他一定已经告诉过你巴格达的事了 |
[32:25] | ‘Bout those civilians that he killed. | 关于被他杀死的那些平民的事 |
[32:28] | And how his connections got him off? | 他的关系帮他脱了罪 |
[32:30] | The charges disappeared, | 指控凭空消失了 |
[32:31] | but nothing goes away completely, not these days. | 但是没什么能彻底消失 在这个时代不会 |
[32:34] | Jack Reacher’s a murderer. | 杰克雷彻是谋杀犯 |
[32:38] | If you don’t let me into my truck right now, | 如果你不让我上我的车 |
[32:40] | I’m gonna have you facedown on the hood in handcuffs. | 我会把你压在引擎盖上 给你拷上手铐 |
[32:44] | [quietly] Maybe I’d like that. | 也许我喜欢这么玩 |
[32:58] | – Hey. – [engine starts] I’m looking out for you, Roscoe. I care about you. | 嘿 |
[33:13] | [♪ Boz Scaggs: “Lowdown”] ♪ ♪ | 我一直很关照你 |
[33:20] | ♪ Baby’s into runnin’ around… [exhales] | 萝丝柯 |
[33:26] | Whoa. – [indistinct chatter] – [gunshot in distance] | 我关心你 |
[33:29] | [Debbie] Pull! | 发射 |
[33:30] | [gunshot] | 中了 -漂亮 |
[33:31] | Yow! There she is. | -太对了 |
[33:34] | – [chuckles] – Nice shot. | 被我射爆的陶土飞盘都能堆成山了 我是史蒂夫威廉姆斯 |
[33:36] | Damn right. I’m bustin’ up more clay than a Tuscan earthquake. | 欢迎参加中轴金融团建活动 |
[33:39] | – [chuckles] I’m Steve Williams. – Oh. | 梦想搭建 感谢我们所有的赞助商 |
[33:42] | And I gotta tell you, you guys put on a better party | 你们的聚会比查尔斯顿分行的好玩多了 |
[33:45] | than the Charleston branch. | |
[33:46] | Debbie Shane. | 我是黛比谢恩 |
[33:48] | – You’re from Charleston? – Mm-hmm. | 你来自查尔斯顿? |
[33:50] | How’s that son of a gun Tom Sloane doin’? | 那个王八蛋汤姆斯隆还好吗? |
[33:52] | Still a son of a gun, in every way possible. | 仍然是个彻头彻尾的王八蛋 |
[33:54] | – [gunshot] – [laughs] Yeah, | 是的 |
[33:55] | that doesn’t surprise me. Pull! | 我一点都不吃惊 发射 |
[34:00] | That is how you do it. | 就得这样玩 |
[34:02] | Remind me to never get on your bad side. | 这提醒我永远不要惹毛你 |
[34:04] | [laughs] So, what’re you doing in Atlanta, Steve? | 史蒂夫 你来亚特兰大做什么? |
[34:07] | – [gunshot] – Uh, grandmother passed. | 我奶奶去世了 |
[34:09] | Oh. | 在守灵期间 |
[34:10] | In between wakes I still need to get some work done, | 我还是得完成工作 |
[34:12] | so I was gonna use your office; but when I called… | 我本来打算用你们的办公室 |
[34:14] | – Excuse me, sir, care for a drink? – …they said you closed shop | 我打电话过去 他们说 |
[34:16] | – early for this event, so here I am. – [man] Pull! | 你们为这次活动提前关门了 我就来了 发射 |
[34:20] | I’m sorry about your grandma, | 我为你奶奶逝世感到难过 |
[34:22] | but you know what helps clear your head? | 但你知道做什么会有帮助吗? |
[34:23] | – Shooting things. – Ah. | 射击 |
[34:25] | Guns make me nervous. | 我一看到枪就紧张 |
[34:27] | But you know what you could do for me? | 但是你能帮到我 |
[34:29] | Is tell me a bit about Axis in Atlanta. | 跟我说说亚特兰大中轴分行的情况 |
[34:32] | Past few days has me thinking how life’s short, | 这几天让我不禁思考 人生苦短 |
[34:34] | maybe it’s time I shake things up a bit, transfer offices. | 也许我是时候转变一下 调到别的办公室工作了 |
[34:38] | Well, it’s a great place to work. | 我们分行的工作氛围很好 |
[34:40] | Nice people. What division are you in? | 同事都是好人 你在哪个部门? |
[34:42] | Account services. | 账户服务 |
[34:44] | But truth be told, I started out wanting to work | 我一开始是想从事货币管理工作的 |
[34:46] | in currency management. | |
[34:47] | Was hoping to make a run at that again. | 我希望可以再转到货币管理 |
[34:49] | Well, that’s gonna be tough to do at our branch, Stevie. | 在我们分行 想转去货币管理不容易 |
[34:51] | We had a guy handling that for us, | 我们本来有个人专门负责货币管理的 |
[34:53] | but he picked up and left about a year ago | 但是他一年前离开了 |
[34:54] | and we discontinued the department. | 我们的这个部门就停了 |
[34:57] | It’s kind of niche, you know? | 这工作有点小众 |
[34:58] | Not that many people do it so… | 做的人不多 所以… |
[35:00] | – [gunshot] – I’m confused. | 我搞糊涂了 |
[35:01] | Your currency manager, what did you say his name was again? | 你们的货币经理 你刚才说他叫什么名字来着? |
[35:04] | I didn’t. But it was Paul Hubble. | 我没有说 |
[35:07] | So this Hubble guy quit the bank a year ago? | 不过他叫保罗赫堡 赫堡一年前就离开了银行? |
[35:10] | Yep. Up and left without so much as two weeks’ notice. | 是的 只提前两周通知就离开了 |
[35:13] | Kind of a dick move if you ask me. | 要我说 这个做法不厚道 |
[35:16] | Bottom line, we don’t really do the currency thing anymore. | 反正就是我们已经不做货币管理业务了 |
[35:19] | Pull! [gunshot] | 发射 |
[35:25] | Be careful. | 小心 |
[35:27] | A wedding ring falls on the ground, it’s up for grabs. | 结婚戒指掉在地上会被人抢走的 |
[35:31] | Really? Says who? | -真的?谁说的? |
[35:32] | The law. | -法律规定 |
[35:34] | Famous case of Finders v. Keepers. | 著名的“谁捡到就归谁”案 |
[35:35] | Never heard of it? | 你没听说过吗? |
[35:38] | No, ma’am, I haven’t. | 没有 |
[35:40] | [chuckles] You’re not from around here. | 女士 你不是本地人 |
[35:42] | That “ma’am” sounds way north of the Mason-Dixon. | 那一声“女士”听起来 是梅森-迪克森线以北的人 |
[35:47] | Boston. | -波士顿 |
[35:48] | Oh, no. | -不是吧? |
[35:51] | Well, I’ll stay | 如果你保证不提起爱国者队 |
[35:52] | if you promise not to bring up the Patriots. | 我就留下来 |
[35:54] | Still don’t know how the Falcons blew that Super Bowl. | 我还是不知道 猎鹰队是怎么输掉超级碗的 |
[35:58] | At 28-20, you kick the field goal. | -比分28比20的时候 |
[35:59] | – I said don’t bring it up. – [chuckles] | 就该射门得分 -我刚才说了别提的 |
[36:01] | Okay. My bad. | 好吧 我错了 |
[36:08] | So, what do you do? | 你是做什么工作的? |
[36:11] | Uh, nothing important. | 不是什么重要的工作 |
[36:14] | Not recently, anyway. | 反正最近没做什么重要的 |
[36:16] | Cryptic. Cryptic is good. | 神神秘秘的 神秘是好事 |
[36:21] | Sorry. I work in law enforcement. | 抱歉 |
[36:25] | Wow. And that brought you… here? | 我在执法部门工作 |
[36:30] | I’m on a case I can’t seem to untangle. | 你的工作让你来到了这里? |
[36:34] | With a rookie I can trust, | 我正在办一个似乎让我毫无头绪的案子 |
[36:36] | and a veteran who I’m not sure I can. | 我手下有一个可以信任的新人 还有一个不确定是否可信的老将 |
[36:39] | At least not to do the smart thing. | 至少绝不能相信那个老将会干些聪明的事 |
[36:41] | What’s your gut say? | 你的直觉是什么? |
[36:43] | Get the hell out of Dodge. | 离开这个地方 |
[36:45] | So why are you staying? | 那你为什么留下来? |
[36:51] | Because we’re the only ones who want to make things right. | 因为我们是唯一想补救的人 |
[36:54] | Seems like a good reason. | 这似乎是一个很好的理由 |
[37:01] | Are my questions bothering you? | 我问东问西的是不是烦着你了? |
[37:06] | No. I’m just, uh, not great at conversation. | 不会 |
[37:11] | But here goes. | 我只是不擅长聊天 |
[37:13] | Where are you from? | 不过还是聊聊吧 你是哪里人? |
[37:16] | I’m from Marietta, work in cosmetics, | 玛丽埃塔人 |
[37:20] | and my instincts are impeccable. | 从事化妆品工作 我的直觉向来无可挑剔 |
[37:24] | And my instincts tell me you’re a nice guy. | 我的直觉告诉我你是个好人 |
[37:27] | So why don’t we find another bar around here? | 要不我们在这附近另找一间酒吧吧? |
[37:30] | One with pool tables and cheaper drinks. | 一个有台球桌、酒水便宜一点的地方 |
[37:34] | Maybe even a dark corner somewhere | 或许找个暗一点的角落 |
[37:36] | and see where the night takes us? | 今晚咱们就随性而为? |
[37:40] | I’m married, remember? | 我已婚了 记得吗? |
[37:44] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[37:45] | But when a fella’s marriage is going well, | 一个男人婚姻幸福的时候 |
[37:47] | he doesn’t take his ring off for the world to see in a motel bar. | 他不会在汽车旅馆的酒吧里 摘下戒指让全世界看到 |
[37:52] | I’m flattered. | 我觉得很荣幸 |
[37:54] | And you’re nice, too. | 而且你也是个不错的人 |
[37:57] | And lovely. | 你很可爱… |
[38:01] | But I’m not your guy. | 但我不适合你 |
[38:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:10] | Can’t blame a girl for trying. | 女生主动尝试总还是可以的嘛 |
[38:15] | Good luck, Officer. [♪ Jade Jackson: “Good Time Gone”] ♪ Met him at the back of the bar on Saturday ♪ ♪ I said, “I don’t drink,” he bought me one anyway ♪ ♪ Sometimes I don’t wanna act myself ♪ ♪ That night I longed for something else ♪ ♪ Held it in my hands, I took a sip ♪ | 祝你好运 |
[38:40] | ♪ Two drinks down, cold whiskey on my lips ♪ ♪ He was nothing but a good time gone ♪ ♪ He handed me a cue ♪ ♪ To keep me stable ♪ ♪ Colors of the rainbow spinning on the table… | 警官 |
[38:56] | Two-dollar bill? | 2美元的钞票? |
[38:58] | Huh? | |
[38:59] | [Reacher] Mailmen have ’em ’cause the Treasury | 邮递员才会有 |
[39:01] | pawns ’em off on the Post Office. | 因为财政部会发给邮局 |
[39:03] | Public doesn’t like ’em. | 普通大众不喜欢2美元纸钞 |
[39:04] | Gambling addicts get ’em in change at the race track | 赌徒在赛马场能弄到 |
[39:07] | on account of the standard two-dollar bet. | 因为普通赌注是2美元 |
[39:09] | I don’t see a mailbag. | 我没有看到邮袋 |
[39:10] | Something tells me you wager more than you make | 我认为你下的赌注 |
[39:12] | and you could use some extra cash. | 比你赢的要多 |
[39:13] | Guilty as charged. | 而且你需要钱 被你看穿了 |
[39:18] | You know Tanner Spivey? He was a regular here. | 你认识坦纳史派威吗? 他是这里的常客 |
[39:22] | He’s not gonna tell you anything. | 他什么都不会告诉你的 |
[39:25] | Spivey’s a friend. | 史派威是我朋友 |
[39:27] | And he don’t need anyone asking about his business. | 他不需要别人在这里打听他的事 |
[39:30] | Find yourself another bar. | 你去别的酒吧吧 |
[39:33] | Boxer. Southpaw. | 拳击手 左撇子 |
[39:37] | Golden Gloves. | 赢过金手套 |
[39:38] | You know, the thing about boxing: too many rules. | 你知道拳击有个问题 |
[39:42] | [chuckles, groans] [grunting] | 规则太多了 |
[39:48] | Where’s Spivey? | 史派威在哪里? |
[39:50] | He left town with some Spanish guys. | 他和几个西班牙人一起离开了小镇 |
[39:52] | Real fast. That’s all I know. ♪ Yeah, he came on strong ’cause he knew all along ♪ | 走得很仓促 |
[39:59] | ♪ That we’d never have our first fight, we’d never have a song ♪ ♪ He’d be nothing but a good time gone ♪♪ [crickets chirping] | 我只知道这些 |
[40:12] | – [engine starts] | – [engine starts] |
[40:14] | [♪ Howlin’ Wolf: “Spoonful”] | |
[40:23] | [door alert beeping] | |
[40:29] | ♪ It could be a spoonful of diamond ♪ | |
[40:34] | ♪ It could be a spoonful of gold ♪ | |
[40:38] | ♪ Just a little spoon of your precious love ♪ | |
[40:42] | ♪ Satisfy my soul ♪ | |
[40:45] | ♪ Men lies about little ♪ | |
[40:49] | ♪ Some of ’em cries about little ♪ | |
[40:53] | ♪ Some of ’em dies about littles ♪ | |
[40:58] | ♪ Everything fight about a spoonful ♪ | |
[41:02] | ♪ That spoon, that spoon, that spoon ♪ | |
[41:05] | [door alert beeping] | |
[41:10] | ♪ It could be a spoonful of coffee ♪ | |
[41:14] | ♪ Could be a spoonful of tea ♪ | |
[41:16] | [thunder crashes] | |
[41:18] | ♪ But a little spoon of your precious love ♪ | |
[41:23] | ♪ Good enough for me ♪ | |
[41:26] | Here we go. – [thunder rumbling] – Come on. ♪ Some of ’em dies about that ♪ | 开始吧 |
[41:33] | ♪ Some of ’em cries about that ♪ [engine revving] ♪ But everything fight about a spoonful ♪ | 好 |
[41:40] | There you go, stay close. | 这就对了 跟紧了 |
[41:42] | But not too close. | 但不要太近 |
[41:49] | There you go. | 很好 |
[41:51] | Stay with me, boys. [engine revving] | 跟在我屁股后面 |
[41:55] | [thunder rumbles] [tires screeching] | 毛头小子们 |
[42:00] | He went off-road. To the right. [tires screeching] ♪ It could be a spoonful of water ♪ ♪ Save you from the desert sand ♪ | 他离开了马路 |
[42:18] | ♪ But one spoon of lead from forty-five ♪ ♪ Save you from another man ♪ ♪ A men lies about that ♪ ♪ Some of ’em cries about that ♪ ♪ Some of ’em dies about that ♪ | 往右边 |
[42:35] | Up ahead, to the right. ♪ Everybody fightin’ about a spoonful ♪ ♪ That spoon, that spoon ♪ ♪ That spoon ♪♪ [door alert beeping] ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ [thunder crashing] [Reacher grunting] | 在前面 |
[44:10] | [thunder rumbling] [grunts] [beeps] [thunder crashes] | 右边 |
[44:26] | Hello, Spivey. | 史派威 你好 |
[44:29] | Shit. | 该死的 创意监督 朝思 |
[44:31] | [♪ Richard Rose: “Red Telephone”] | |
[44:33] | ♪ Check into Charlie’s, said, “I wanna escape the heat” ♪ | |
[44:37] | ♪ I got problems drip-dripping off me ♪ | |
[44:40] | ♪ Don’t want a reason to leave ♪ | |
[44:56] | ♪ Off the road, I got needs and needs ♪ | |
[44:59] | ♪ And I need them met for free ♪ | |
[45:02] | ♪ In the room, got a friend named Juice ♪ | |
[45:05] | ♪ And he only knows one speed ♪ | |
[45:10] | ♪ So feed me ♪ | |
[45:17] | ♪ Feed me ♪ | |
[45:25] | ♪ My red telephone ♪ | |
[45:31] | ♪ Both eyes closed ♪ | |
[46:04] | ♪ Down at Charlie’s, they got cages ♪ | |
[46:06] | ♪ Wanna stick me in and leave ♪ | |
[46:10] | ♪ In the room, got a friend named Juice ♪ | |
[46:12] | ♪ And he only knows one speed ♪♪ |