时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [crickets chirping] | |
[00:08] | [panting softly] | |
[00:40] | ♪ ♪ | |
[00:58] | [bone cracks] | |
[01:03] | [bone cracks] | |
[01:05] | [grunts] | |
[01:06] | [bones cracking] | |
[01:12] | [exhales] | |
[01:14] | [thunder crashes] | 侠探杰克 |
[01:16] | [thunder rolling] | |
[01:25] | [phone vibrating] | |
[01:37] | Finlay. | |
[01:38] | Any luck tracking down Spivey? | -芬雷 -追踪到了史派威的下落吗? |
[01:40] | Dead end. You? | 没有发现 你呢? |
[01:42] | Well, found out Hubble’s been lying to his wife. | 赫堡一直在骗他老婆 |
[01:44] | Hasn’t worked at the bank in a year. | 他已经离开那家银行一年了 |
[01:46] | Guess we could throw that | 又多了一个谜团 |
[01:47] | onto the “What the Heck Does That Mean” file. | |
[01:49] | Anything else? | -还有别的发现吗? |
[01:51] | Potential lead on your brother’s rental car. | -你哥租车那边可能有线索 |
[01:53] | A driver called in a burnt-out vehicle | 有司机报案说 |
[01:55] | a few hundred yards west of mile marker 97, | 有一辆烧焦的汽车在乡村9号公路 |
[01:58] | off of Rural Route 9. | 97标记牌往西几百米处 |
[01:59] | On my way. | 我正在赶过去 |
[02:00] | Who else knows about it? Only those who need to. | -还有谁知道这事? |
[02:04] | [thunder rumbles in distance] [sighs] | -只有那些需要的人 |
[02:15] | – [birds chirping] – [insects chittering] Time to stop for a snack, I see. | 看来是时候停下来吃点零食了 |
[02:21] | Worked up an appetite. | 累了就想吃东西 |
[02:23] | It was on the way. | 在路上买的 |
[02:25] | – No, thanks. – Missing out. | 不用了 谢谢 你错过好东西了 |
[02:28] | Yeah, on heart disease. | 对 错过了心脏病 |
[02:30] | Farmer chasing down one of his pigs found it. | 一个农民追他的猪的时候发现的 |
[02:32] | Roscoe told Teale the plates matched | 萝丝柯告诉蒂勒 |
[02:34] | one of Morrison’s old collars to throw him off the scent. | 车牌是被莫里森逮捕的某个前科犯的 好让他分心 |
[02:38] | There are no plates. | -根本就没有车牌 |
[02:39] | Yup. | -对 |
[02:41] | Someone took pains to hide it from the road with brush, | 有人用灌木把它盖了起来 |
[02:43] | but last night’s rain washed away the cover. | 但是被雨水冲走了 |
[02:45] | Joe would have wanted an SUV for headroom. | 乔会租一辆SUV 车顶比较高 坐着舒服 |
[02:47] | Still doesn’t mean it was your brother’s. | 但这不代表是他的 |
[02:49] | We’re in Big Car Country. Could be stolen. | 我们在汽车大国 |
[02:51] | Would’ve been reported missing by now. | 这辆车可能是被盗的 |
[03:00] | Fire didn’t start in the engine or the gas tank. | 失窃车现在应该已经报案了 不是发动机或油箱起火 |
[03:03] | Burn’s darkest in the center, then spreads out. | 烧灼痕迹在中间最深 然后向四周扩散 |
[03:06] | Accelerant and a match. | 助燃剂和一根火柴 |
[03:07] | [vehicle approaching] | |
[03:13] | [brakes squeaking] | |
[03:15] | It’s Roscoe. | 不 |
[03:17] | Hey. | 是萝丝柯 |
[03:20] | What are we looking at? | 嘿! |
[03:22] | This Joe’s car or what? | 什么情况?这是乔的车吗? |
[03:24] | [Reacher] Think so. Can’t be 100%. | 应该是的 |
[03:31] | Charred pretty bad. | 不能百分百确定 |
[03:33] | Might be able to get a partial VIN. | 烧毁很严重 也许还能辨识部分车辆识别码 |
[03:41] | We can send photos to forensics. | 我们可以把照片发给法医鉴定 |
[03:43] | Old army trick. | 从部队学来的 |
[03:47] | When you run out of gun oil, acetic acid from ketchup | 擦枪油用完的时候 用番茄酱中的乙酸 |
[03:51] | and salt for abrasion make a great metal cleaner. | 加上盐用于研磨 就是很好的金属清洁剂 |
[04:02] | And you put that in your body. | 而你还把那玩意儿吃进肚子里 |
[04:05] | Tastes good. | 味道不错 |
[04:07] | All right, I’ll get Picard to run the VIN. | 好 我让皮卡德查一下这个车辆识别码 |
[04:10] | A Fed’ll get faster results than a detective from nowhere. | 联邦探员比一个偏僻小镇的警探 |
[04:14] | How’d it go at the Blue Cat? | 能更快查到东西 在蓝猫怎么样? |
[04:16] | South Americans got to Spivey before I did. | 南美人比我先找到了史派威 |
[04:18] | – Found him stashed in their trunk. – Shit. | -我发现他被塞在了他们的后备箱里 -该死的 |
[04:21] | Well, you told me you had a dead end, not a dead body. | 你告诉我说没有发现 而不是发现了一具尸体 |
[04:24] | We got to find these guys | 我们必须在这些人 |
[04:25] | before they kill any more of our leads. | 掐断更多线索之前找到他们 |
[04:26] | I know where you can find the South Americans, | 我知道在哪里可以找到他们 |
[04:28] | – but they won’t talk. – Why not? I’m a good interrogator. | 但他们是不会招供的 我是一个很好的审讯者 |
[04:31] | Not that good. | 不至于能让死人开口 |
[04:36] | [sighs] Seven. | 七个 |
[04:37] | Seven bodies since you set foot in my town. | 自从你来了我的小镇就死了七个人 |
[04:40] | They charged me and they were armed. | 他们朝我冲过来 而且他们有枪 |
[04:43] | – Fine. I get it. – The real number’s eight. Hubble’s dead, too. | 行 我明白 |
[04:46] | – We just haven’t found him yet. – You’re either not talking | 应该是八个 赫堡也死了 只是还没找到他而已 |
[04:49] | or saying the exact thing to piss me off. | 你要么不说话 |
[04:51] | [Roscoe] Okay, what matters is | 要么一开口就净说些气我的话 |
[04:52] | we lost the chance of figuring out | 我们失去了弄清楚 |
[04:54] | who sent the South Americans here. | 南美人的幕后主使的机会 |
[04:56] | Where the hell are you going? | -你要去哪里? |
[04:57] | – Get rid of those bodies. – [Finlay] They’re evidence. | -处理那些尸体 |
[04:59] | – We don’t destroy evidence. – Those bodies get found, | 我们不能销毁证据 |
[05:01] | we’ll be flooded with state cops, county cops. | 那些尸体被发现的话 就会有大批州警察、县警察涌进来 |
[05:04] | We don’t know who we can trust. | 我们不知道能相信谁 |
[05:05] | We need to keep them hidden | 必须隐瞒这件事 |
[05:07] | until we find out who killed Joe | 直到我们找出杀死乔的凶手 |
[05:08] | so we can keep this investigation between us. | 这样我们才可以继续调查 |
[05:12] | I know. | |
[05:14] | – [sighs] – I’ll keep an eye on him. | 我知道 |
[05:16] | [engine starts] [sighs] | 我会盯紧他的 |
[05:23] | [Roscoe] Oh, my God. His legs. | 天啊 |
[05:29] | I did that after. | 他的腿 那是后来被我折断的 |
[05:32] | It’s like Tetris. | 像叠俄罗斯方块似的 |
[05:40] | That’s an exit wound. | 那是出口伤 |
[05:44] | You shot them in the back. | 你从他们背后开的枪 |
[05:46] | You just told Finlay they charged you. | 你刚才跟芬雷说他们向你冲过来 |
[05:48] | I told Finlay what he needed to hear. | 我告诉了芬雷他需要听的话 |
[05:49] | This isn’t the movies. | |
[05:50] | I had a chance to kill them and I did. | 这不是在拍电影 我有机会杀死他们 于是我就开枪了 |
[05:57] | What happened in Baghdad? | 在巴格达发生了什么事? |
[06:01] | You’ve been talking to KJ. | 你一直跟KJ有交流 |
[06:04] | No. He’s been talking to me. | 不是 |
[06:07] | But don’t change the subject. | 是他找我的 你别转换话题 |
[06:09] | If we’re gonna see this thing through, | 如果我们要完成这事 |
[06:10] | I need to know what kind of person I’m working with. | 我必须知道跟我合作的是什么人 |
[06:12] | So what happened in Baghdad, Reacher? | 所以在巴格达 到底发生了什么事 |
[06:20] | It wasn’t Baghdad. | 雷彻? 那不是巴格达 |
[06:22] | It was a small village 40 klicks north. | 是在巴格达以北 40公里外的一个小村庄 |
[06:25] | – I was tracking an AWOL PFC. – [kids chattering, shouting] | 我当时在追踪一个擅离职守的上等兵 |
[06:27] | Group of boys– ten, 11 years old– | 那里有一群男孩 10、11岁 |
[06:30] | played soccer in a bombed-out hangar every day. | 每天在炸毁的机库里踢足球 |
[06:34] | Whenever they’d see me, they’d wave. | 他们看到我都会挥手致意 |
[06:36] | – I waved back. – [boy laughs] | 我也会向他们挥手 |
[06:39] | One night it got real late. They hadn’t returned. | 有一天 |
[06:41] | Between insurgents and IEDs, | 天已经晚了 |
[06:43] | I wanted to make sure they got home safe. | 他们还没有回家 |
[06:45] | – [boy cries, grunts] – I went back to the hangars | 那里到处都是叛乱分子和简易爆炸装置 我想确保他们安全回到家 |
[06:47] | – [boy yells] – so they wouldn’t have to walk back alone. | 我回到了机库 让他们不必独自走路回去 |
[06:50] | Three men from the village were abusing the boys. | 当时有三个村民在虐待那些男孩 |
[06:53] | You can fill in the blanks. | 你可以想象一下 |
[06:56] | I sent the kids away, | 我让孩子们回家 |
[06:57] | but stayed to give the adults a choice. | 我留在那里给那三个村民一个选择 |
[06:59] | They could turn themselves in to Iraqi police | 让他们向伊拉克警察自首 |
[07:02] | or they’d answer to me. | 或者向我解释清楚 |
[07:05] | I knew they’d come for me… [whispering voices] | 我知道他们会来找我算账 |
[07:09] | …so when they did, | 所以他们来的时候 |
[07:11] | I was ready. [bodies thudding] | 我已经有所准备 |
[07:22] | How did KJ know about this? | KJ是怎么知道这件事的? |
[07:24] | Kliners have money. | 克莱纳家有的是钱 |
[07:26] | Money buys access and information. | 钱能买到特权和信息 |
[07:30] | So… you have a problem | 那么 |
[07:32] | with me killing people who hurt children? | 你对我杀死伤害小孩子的人有意见吗? |
[07:36] | ‘Cause I want to know the kind of person I’m working with. | 因为我想知道跟我合作的是什么样的人 |
[07:44] | No. | 没有 |
[07:47] | I guess I don’t. Good. | 我想我没有意见 |
[07:51] | Now, let’s get to the airport and dump these bodies. | 好 |
[07:55] | ♪ ♪ [electronic static] | 现在我们去机场把这些尸体处理掉 |
[08:15] | Oh, fuck’s sakes. [sigh] Oh, fuck. ♪ ♪ | 妈的 |
[09:18] | ♪ ♪ [indistinct chatter] [sighs] Done. | 搞定 |
[09:57] | What? | 怎么了? |
[10:00] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[10:03] | Just… | 只是… |
[10:05] | when I asked Mosley what kind of business Kliner was in, | 我问莫斯利克莱纳做的是什么生意时 |
[10:07] | he said trucking, real estate, chemicals. | 他说卡车运输、房地产、化学品 |
[10:10] | Know what he didn’t say? Agriculture. | 知道他没有提到什么行业吗?农业 |
[10:15] | I already told you, a delivery like that’s pretty normal | 我告诉过你的 |
[10:17] | for these parts. | 这种送货量在这里很正常 |
[10:19] | Still… | 还是很可疑 |
[10:21] | it was a hell of a lot of animal feed. | 那堆动物饲料也太多了 |
[10:24] | ♪ ♪ – Is this really necessary? – Lots of Jags in this city, | 这真的有必要吗? |
[10:35] | but only one with plates we’ll recognize. | 这里有很多捷豹车 但只有一辆的车牌我们能认出来 |
[10:56] | [Reacher] We need a room. | 乔治亚州 我们需要一间房 |
[10:58] | From floors three to seven, if you have it. | 在三层到七层之间 有吗? |
[11:00] | – King or two queens? – Two queens. | -特大双人床还是加大? |
[11:02] | [keyboard clattering] | -加大双人床 |
[11:07] | Only two-queen I have left is a suite. | 只剩下一个套房有两张加大双人床 |
[11:10] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[11:13] | Oh. Okay, then. | 那好的 |
[11:14] | I just need to see some form of ID. | 请出示身份证明 |
[11:16] | Put it under Officer Welty, first name Eudora. | 用韦尔蒂警官的名字登记 |
[11:19] | E-U-D-O-R-A. | 尤多拉韦尔蒂 |
[11:21] | [typing] Where’d you get all that cash? | 你哪来那么多的现金? |
[11:28] | From our friends in the trunk. | 从我们在后备箱里的朋友身上弄来的 |
[11:30] | Apparently, people get paid a lot to kill me. | 我的脑袋可值钱了 |
[11:33] | If those guys were working for counterfeiters, | 如果那些人真的制造伪钞 |
[11:34] | you just paid for our room with counterfeit cash. | 那你就用了伪钞支付房费 |
[11:36] | – [bell dings] – Not my problem. [doors open] | 这不是我的问题 |
[11:42] | Eudora Welty? | -尤多拉韦尔蒂?你喜欢她的作品? |
[11:44] | Fan of her writing? I’m surprised you’ve heard of her. | -真没想到你听说过她 |
[11:47] | I like short stories. They get right to the point. | 我喜欢短篇小说 开门见山 |
[11:49] | – No nonsense. – My guess is Welty is your go-to, | 没有废话 |
[11:52] | but when you travel, it’s Margaret Mitchell. | 韦尔蒂是你的首选 但你旅行时喜欢看玛格丽特米切尔 |
[11:54] | Her prose is too long-winded for you, but… | -她的文章冗长… |
[11:56] | Georgia born and bred. Got to represent. | -她在乔治亚州土生土长 总得了解一下 |
[11:58] | What, do you moonlight for the psychic phone network? | 你在灵媒电话网络兼职吗? |
[12:00] | You can tell a lot about a person by their pseudonyms. | 一个人的假名 |
[12:02] | Take from it what you will, but I like | 能透露很多关于这个人的信息 |
[12:04] | forgotten vice presidents and Yankees second basemen. | 我喜欢用被遗忘的副总统 |
[12:06] | Oh. If I’d known that, I would have checked us in | 和洋基队的二垒手的名字当假名 |
[12:09] | under Willie Randolph. | 如果我早知道 就会用威利兰道夫的名字登记了 |
[12:22] | Early a.m., we go to Pete Jobling’s address. | 我们一大早就去皮特卓布林家 |
[12:24] | Talk to his wife. See if we can suss out | 看看能否查清楚 |
[12:27] | why whoever killed Jobling wanted my brother dead, too. | 杀死卓布林的人为什么要杀我哥哥 |
[12:29] | Sounds like a good plan. | 这个安排听起来不错 |
[12:33] | [siren wailing in distance] | |
[12:37] | – What are you doing? – Buying time. | 你在干什么? 拖延时间 |
[12:40] | In the unlikely event someone tracks us here, | 虽不太可能 但若有人追踪我们到这里 |
[12:42] | this won’t keep them out, but it’ll slow them down. | 这不能完全阻挡他们 |
[12:44] | Give me a few extra seconds to get my shot off. | 但能拖慢他们 |
[12:52] | What if the maid busts in? | 给我多几秒瞄准 |
[12:54] | She’d be a very strong maid. | -要是清洁女工冲进来呢? |
[12:58] | [Roscoe scoffs] | -那她肯定是个很强壮的女工 |
[13:02] | You know we’re on the seventh floor? | 你知道我们在七楼吧? |
[13:04] | No one’s got the wingspan to reach that window, not even you. | 谁都不可能从那扇窗户进来 |
[13:06] | I know half a dozen sharpshooters | 我知道神枪手在15楼都能干掉我们 |
[13:08] | that could take us out on the 15th floor. | |
[13:11] | Don’t sleep with your head where it’s expected to be, either. | 挪动床位 |
[13:18] | [phone vibrating] | 不要睡在容易被预料到的地方 |
[13:23] | – Molly Beth. – Uh, sorry for calling so late. | 莫莉贝丝 |
[13:26] | I hope I didn’t wake you. | 抱歉这么晚打电话给你 希望我没有吵醒你 |
[13:28] | No, I figured you’d call. | 没有 我知道你会打电话来 |
[13:29] | I, um, I tracked down | 我在乔的档案里 |
[13:32] | a lot of Joe’s files pertaining to this case. | 找到了很多与此案有关的文件 |
[13:34] | I-I don’t know if it’s everything, but it’s… | 我不知道是不是全部 |
[13:36] | voluminous. | 但数量很大 |
[13:37] | I’ll have it copied and collated by the morning. | 明天早上能复印和整理好 |
[13:40] | My flight lands at ATL at 5:00 p.m. | -我的航班明天下午5点到亚特兰大机场 |
[13:42] | [Reacher] Can’t meet you there. | -我不能在那里跟你碰头 |
[13:44] | Too many cameras at the airport. | 机场的监控摄像头太多了 |
[13:45] | You’re breaking at least four laws I can think of | 你把那些文件交给我们 |
[13:47] | handing us those files– we don’t want any record | 至少会违反四项法律 |
[13:49] | – of this happening. – Molly Beth, take the train to Five Points station. | 我们不想留下任何记录 |
[13:51] | No real security there. | 莫莉贝丝 坐车去5点地铁站 |
[13:53] | I look forward to finally meeting you. | 那里没有监控摄像头 我期待与你见面 |
[13:56] | Not under these circumstances, of course. It’s just… | 当然不是在这种情况下 只是… |
[14:00] | Joe told me so much about you. | 乔跟我说了很多关于你的事 |
[14:03] | – I’ll see you tomorrow. – Hey. [clears throat] | -明天见 -嘿 |
[14:06] | – Hold on a minute. – [beep] | 先别挂断 |
[14:07] | You’re having this woman fly across the country and deliver papers she could have just shipped. | 那些文件她本可以寄过来 |
[14:10] | You want to meet her just as much as she does you to talk about Joe, | 可你让她坐飞机亲自送过来 |
[14:14] | so… why wait? | 你和她都很想见到彼此 |
[14:16] | Just talk. | 想聊聊乔的事 |
[14:24] | [beep] | 那为什么要等?你就聊吧 |
[14:25] | Hi. Uh… | 嗨… |
[14:29] | You two must have been close if you let him bore you | 如果他跟你说过关于我的无聊故事 |
[14:31] | with stories about me. | 那你们一定很亲近吧 |
[14:35] | How long did you work together? | 你们当同事多久了? |
[14:38] | Uh, I started two years ago, | 我两年前开始的 |
[14:40] | but Joe had already been there a while at that point. | 但乔已经在局里一段时间了 |
[14:43] | Already made a name for himself. | 他已经是个名人了 |
[14:47] | Top to bottom, everyone respected him. | 局里上上下下都尊重他 |
[14:49] | A real lead-by-example kind of guy, you know? | 他是那种以身作则的人 |
[14:53] | Yeah, I do. | 你知道吗? 我知道 |
[14:56] | He’d go on about how smart you are. | 他说起你来会滔滔不绝 |
[14:58] | Maybe too smart for your own good, he’d say, and… | 说你很聪明 他觉得你太聪明了 |
[15:01] | a pain in his ass sometimes. | 反倒不是好事 还有… |
[15:06] | But he said you were a good man | 你有时候挺让他头疼的 但他说你是个好人 |
[15:09] | and that even though you were his little brother, | 虽然你是他的弟弟 |
[15:11] | he was the one who looked up to you. | 但你却是他的榜样 |
[15:15] | Yeah, for me it was the other way around. | 对我来说 情况正好相反 |
[15:19] | He was the only man I ever felt small next to. | 他是唯一一个让我觉得自己渺小的人 |
[15:23] | I’m glad he found you, Molly Beth. | 我很高兴他遇见了你 莫莉贝丝 |
[15:25] | My brother was a very particular kind of person. | 我哥哥这个人很难搞 |
[15:28] | He didn’t take to people easily, so you must be special. | 很少人能让他喜欢 所以你一定很特别 |
[15:34] | He must have cared about you very much. | 他一定很在意你 |
[15:36] | [sniffles] I, um… I cared about him, too. | 我也很在意他 |
[15:42] | Very much. | 非常在意 |
[15:45] | Uh, I should get back to work. | 我该继续工作了 |
[15:47] | Um, I will see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见吧 |
[15:51] | – | – Good night. |
[15:54] | Good night. [hangs up] | |
[16:00] | You okay? | 晚安 晚安 |
[16:03] | I’m fine. | 你还好吗? 我很好 |
[16:17] | Losing family’s a special kind of pain. | 失去家人的痛是刻骨铭心的 |
[16:23] | When my parents died, I was old enough to remember all of it | 我父母去世的时候我已经有记忆了 |
[16:26] | and young enough to understand none of it. | 但我当时年纪还小 完全不理解 |
[16:33] | You’re hurting, | 你很伤心却努力安慰莫莉贝丝 |
[16:34] | and you still tried to comfort Molly Beth. | |
[16:44] | Joe’s right. | 乔说得对 |
[16:47] | You’re a good man. | 你是个好人 |
[16:57] | I’m gonna shower. | 我去洗个澡 |
[17:02] | We didn’t order room service and we don’t need housekeeping. If anybody tries to come through that door… shoot ’em. [♪ Steve Freund and Gloria Hardiman: “Let Me Down Easy”] | 我们没有点餐 |
[17:17] | ♪ Let me down ea… ♪ ♪ Easy, baby ♪ ♪ Tell it to me slow ♪ | 也不需要客房清洁服务 |
[17:30] | ♪ Yeah ♪ ♪ Come on and whisper something sweet ♪ ♪ Into my ear ♪ | 有人试图从那扇门进来 |
[17:41] | ♪ Baby ♪ ♪ Please don’t go ♪ | 就向他们开枪 |
[17:45] | Who’s watching the door? | 谁在看门? |
[17:51] | ♪ I said I ♪ | |
[17:52] | ♪ Felt it coming on, babe ♪ | |
[18:01] | ♪ For a long ♪ | |
[18:02] | ♪ Long, long, long time ♪♪ | |
[18:16] | So, uh, we might get some pushback from Jobling’s wife. | 卓布林的老婆可能会不配合 |
[18:19] | Husband’s murdered, no leads– | 丈夫被杀并且没有线索 |
[18:21] | she’s not gonna be liking cops too much. | 她应该不太喜欢警察 |
[18:23] | [Reacher] Got it. | 知道了 |
[18:24] | I’ll talk. | 由我来说话 |
[18:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:32] | Hey, um… | 嘿… |
[18:36] | So, about last night– | 昨天晚上发生的事 |
[18:38] | as far as I’m concerned, it changes nothing. | 在我看来 不改变任何事 |
[18:42] | We’ve got a job to do. | 我们有工作要做 |
[18:44] | Okay. [clears throat] | 好的 |
[18:59] | Morning, ma’am. | 早上好 女士 |
[19:01] | Is this Pete Jobling’s residence? | -这是皮特卓布林的家吗? |
[19:02] | It is. May I help you? | -是的 有什么事吗? |
[19:04] | We’re the police, ma’am. | 我们是警察 |
[19:05] | Officers Welty and Randolph. | 女士 韦尔蒂警官和兰道夫警官 |
[19:07] | We’d like to talk to you about Pete. | 我们想和您谈谈皮特的事 |
[19:09] | Something wrong? | -有问题吗? |
[19:10] | We’d just like to speak for a moment. | -我们只想聊一聊 |
[19:12] | We can do it outside if that makes you more comfortable. | 如果您觉得自在一点的话 |
[19:14] | Uh, no, I… I guess it’s okay to come inside. | 我们可以在外面聊 |
[19:17] | Pete’s back in the kitchen. | 没关系 |
[19:22] | – [door closes] – Some police officers | 可以进来 皮特在后面的厨房 |
[19:24] | say they need to speak with you, Pete. | 皮特 两位警察说他们想和你谈 |
[19:28] | Everything okay? | 没什么问题吧? |
[19:31] | You’re Pete Senior. | 你是老皮特吗? |
[19:33] | You’re looking for our son. | 你们来找我们的儿子 |
[19:35] | Is Petey okay? | -小皮特还好吗? |
[19:36] | – Well… – He’s fine, ma’am. | -他很好 女士 |
[19:38] | Uh, there was a string of hijackings recently | 他的货运公司最近发生了 |
[19:41] | at his trucking company. | 一系列拦路抢劫事件 |
[19:42] | He wasn’t involved, | 没有波及到他 |
[19:43] | but we want to ask him some questions, | 我们想问他一些问题 |
[19:46] | see if maybe he can help us at all with our investigation. | 看看他能否帮助我们的调查 |
[19:48] | Thank goodness. [chuckles] You had me scared. | 谢天谢地 你吓着我了 |
[19:51] | This happens sometimes, you know. | 有时候会发生这种情况 |
[19:53] | People getting my Petes confused. | 人们会把老皮特和小皮特搞混 |
[19:55] | But Junior hasn’t lived with us for a while now. | 小皮特已经很久不跟我们住了 |
[19:57] | He’s over in Brookhaven with his wife, Judy. | 他跟他太太朱迪住在布鲁克黑文 |
[19:59] | Here’s his address. | 这是他的地址 |
[20:01] | – Thank you. – Thanks. | -谢谢你 -谢谢 |
[20:09] | Why’d you lie? | 你刚才为什么撒谎? |
[20:11] | They would’ve gotten emotional. | 说出实话他们会崩溃 |
[20:12] | – We don’t have the time. – Oh. | 我们没有时间可以浪费 |
[20:14] | Thought maybe after Charlie Hubble and Molly Beth, | 我以为经历了查理赫堡和莫莉贝丝之后 |
[20:17] | you needed a breather from breaking bad news. | 你需要喘口气 |
[20:19] | We don’t have the time. | 不想再继续宣布坏消息了 |
[20:27] | [knock on door] | 我们没有时间可以浪费 |
[20:30] | You wanted to see me, sir? | -你找我吗 长官? |
[20:31] | Captain, come in. | -上尉 请进 |
[20:37] | Don’t bother. This’ll be brief. | 没有必要 |
[20:40] | Word’s going around town | 就讲几句 |
[20:42] | you’ve been harassing Mr. Kliner. | 传闻你一直在骚扰克莱纳先生 |
[20:44] | I was investigating the Morrison murders | 我在调查莫里森谋杀案 |
[20:46] | like you directed me to. | 这是你给我的指示 |
[20:48] | He says you threatened to put a part of your anatomy | 他说你威胁要用你身体的某部分 |
[20:50] | up into a part of his anatomy. | 塞进他身体的某部分里 |
[20:52] | Something about your foot and his ass. | 什么你的脚塞进他的菊花之类的? |
[20:55] | [sighs] Things, regrettably, turned acrimonious. | 很遗憾 当时我的言辞激烈了起来 |
[20:59] | – Not my best moment. – Let me make things | 我没能控制住自己 |
[21:01] | crystal clear for you. | 让我清清楚楚地跟你解释解释 |
[21:02] | Kliner is one of Margrave’s most important citizens, | 克莱纳是马格雷夫最重要的市民 因此 |
[21:06] | and as such, we treat him and his family | 我们必须以应有的尊重 |
[21:08] | with due respect. | 对待他及他的家人 |
[21:10] | That rule is as hard | 这条原则丝毫不能动摇 |
[21:13] | as the tip of my walking stick. You understand? | 你明白吗? |
[21:15] | Completely. | 完全明白 |
[21:19] | He suggested I consider removing you from your job. | 他建议我考虑革你的职 |
[21:23] | Which is ironic, seeing how | 这很讽刺 |
[21:24] | his donations to our force allowed us to match | 因为多亏了他向警队的捐款 |
[21:26] | your bloated New England salary demands | 我们才付得起 雇用你时你提出的巨额工资 |
[21:28] | – when we hired you. – And I’m appreciative of that, sir. | 为此我很感激 长官 |
[21:32] | Then show it. | 那就表现出你的感激之情 |
[21:35] | That file contains the rap sheets | 这份文件里有十几个 |
[21:37] | of a dozen ex-cons who had a beef with Morrison. | 跟莫里森有仇的前科犯的案底 |
[21:39] | Now, I got a town full of anxious voters | 现在全镇上下的选民 |
[21:42] | waiting for me to restore order. | 都心焦如焚地盼着我恢复治安 |
[21:44] | Do a deep dive into those papers. | 深入研究一下这些文件 |
[21:46] | Find who killed our brother-in-arms. | 找出杀死我们战友的凶手 |
[21:49] | And maybe we can see | 也许我们可以看看 |
[21:51] | if that inflated paycheck of yours | 你那过高的薪水 |
[21:53] | can be pumped up a little bit more. | 还能不能再涨一点 |
[21:56] | We on track? | 明白了吗? |
[21:58] | All four wheels. | 明明白白 |
[22:00] | And this last bit I’m gonna spell out for you | 最后一点 |
[22:03] | like we’re in kindergarten. | 我就打开天窗说亮话 |
[22:05] | You’re not to do a single goddamn thing | 未经我的同意 |
[22:07] | on this matter without my approval first. | 在这件事上 你他妈的不准轻举妄动 |
[22:10] | One step out of line, you’re off the case. | 稍有差池 我就把你撤出调查 |
[22:12] | Two steps, you lose your career. | 一错再错 你的事业就完蛋 |
[22:16] | Stick or carrot. | 大棒还是胡萝卜?选择权在你 |
[22:19] | Choice is yours. | |
[22:23] | Excuse the interruption, Chief. | 抱歉打扰了 长官 |
[22:24] | Finlay, your father’s on the line. | 芬雷 |
[22:26] | Says it’s urgent. | 你父亲打电话过来 说有急事 |
[22:32] | Do I have your permission to take this call? | 你批准我接听这通电话吗? |
[22:34] | Don’t fuck with me. | 你他妈的别给我没事找事 |
[22:45] | [door closes] | |
[22:51] | – Hey, Pops. – [Picard] Hey. | -嘿 老爸! -嘿 |
[22:53] | Uh, I got that recipe you asked about. | 你想要的食谱我找到了 |
[22:55] | But I can’t read some of the ingredients, | 其中一些材料我看不清 |
[22:57] | so I’d prefer to just give you a copy. | 我还是给你复印一份吧 |
[22:59] | Much as I like to see you, Dad, | 虽然我很想见你 |
[23:01] | I can’t leave right now. | 爸爸 可是我现在抽不开身 |
[23:03] | But I have some friends in the area. | -不过我在附近有几个朋友 |
[23:04] | Then send ’em on over to pick it up. | -让他们过来吧 |
[23:06] | 2S, 3W from my place in an hour. | 一小时后 离我家两个S三个W的地方 |
[23:09] | And what about Mama? And my little sisters? | 妈妈还好吗?我的妹妹们好吗? |
[23:11] | They’re doing okay. | -她们挺好的 |
[23:13] | That’s what I like to hear. | -正是我想听到的 |
[23:15] | Talk soon. | -以后再聊 |
[23:16] | All right. | -好的 |
[23:22] | Just got off the phone with Captain Finlay. | 我刚和芬雷上尉通了电话 |
[23:23] | Is everything okay? Any news? | -一切都好吗?有消息吗? |
[23:25] | Nothing you need to worry about. | -没什么可担心的 |
[23:27] | But I do need to go and relay some sensitive information | 我需要去送一些与调查有关的敏感信息 |
[23:29] | about the investigation. | |
[23:31] | In person. | 亲自去 |
[23:34] | [clears throat] | |
[23:36] | Is someone coming to relieve you? | 会有人来替你吗? |
[23:38] | We can’t let any more people into the fold. | 我们不能让更多的人参与进来 |
[23:40] | But I’ll only be gone a few hours. | 但我只离开几个小时 |
[23:45] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[23:47] | No one knows you’re here. | 没有人知道你们在这里 |
[23:53] | I’m not supposed to do this, but… | 我不应该这么做的 |
[23:57] | Do you know how to use this? | 但是你会用这个吗? |
[23:59] | My father took me to the range. | 我父亲以前会带我去射击场 |
[24:01] | If the need arises, do not hesitate to use it. | 如有必要 |
[24:05] | Hesitation will get you killed. | 就毫不犹豫地用 |
[24:14] | [sighs] | 犹豫会害死你的 |
[24:19] | [Judy] Uh, cream, sugar? | 要加奶油和糖吗? |
[24:21] | Uh, black. For both of us, please. | 我们俩都要黑咖啡 谢谢 |
[24:23] | There you go. | 给 |
[24:29] | So… | 那么… |
[24:31] | Regarding your husband… | -关于你丈夫… |
[24:33] | He’s dead, isn’t he? | -他死了 |
[24:34] | Yes. | 是吗? |
[24:36] | Yes, he is. I’m so sorry for your loss. | 是的 -他去世了 |
[24:39] | I’m not. | 我为你失去爱人感到难过 -我不难过 |
[24:40] | Okay. That’s not the reaction | 好吧 |
[24:43] | – that we were expecting, Mrs. Jobling. – [Judy] Miller. | 卓布林夫人 这不是我们期待的反应 |
[24:46] | I didn’t take his name. | 叫我米勒吧 我没有冠夫姓 |
[24:47] | Ms. Miller. | 米勒女士 |
[24:49] | Why don’t you care that your husband’s dead? | 你为什么不在乎你丈夫是死是活? |
[24:51] | It’s not that I don’t care. I’m just not sorry. | 不是我不在乎 我只是不难过 |
[24:53] | I warned him over and over | 我警告过他很多次 |
[24:55] | that it was gonna catch up to him. | 他迟早会有报应的 |
[24:56] | – What was? – [Judy] You know | 什么事? |
[24:58] | any other truck drivers with a place like this? | 你们认识开卡车的能住上这种大房子 |
[24:59] | Who can pay off their parents’ mortgage? | 还能还清父母房贷的吗? |
[25:04] | You ever say anything? | -你都不说话吗? |
[25:05] | When I want to. | -我想说的时候才说 |
[25:07] | [Roscoe] So, you suspected | 所以你怀疑你丈夫从事非法活动? |
[25:08] | that your husband was engaged | |
[25:10] | – in illegal activity? – [Judy] Yeah. | |
[25:12] | He was stealing from his company. From Kliner. | 他从他的公司克莱纳工业偷东西 |
[25:13] | He was hauling air conditioners for them down to Miami. | 他往迈阿密运送空调 |
[25:16] | Now, he never admitted this, | 他不承认 |
[25:18] | but with the money he was pulling in, | 但是看他赚回来的钱 |
[25:19] | something tells me not all those AC units were getting | 我的直觉告诉我 |
[25:21] | where they were supposed to go. | 不是所有空调都运到了该去的地方 |
[25:23] | Knew he’d piss off the wrong person eventually. | 我知道他惹怒了不该惹的人 |
[25:25] | That wrong person shot your husband from behind, | 那个不该惹的人从背后 |
[25:27] | left him to die in a field. | 射杀了你丈夫 让他死在了田野里 |
[25:30] | – Now you speak to say something like that? – [Reacher] Yes. | 你开口说话时是要说出这种话? |
[25:34] | Someone I care about was killed, too. | 是的 一个我关心的人也被杀了 |
[25:37] | So if you have anything to share, | 所以如果你有话想说 |
[25:38] | share it now. [exhales] | 现在就说出来 |
[25:45] | I can show you the boxes. | 我可以给你们看那些箱子 |
[25:52] | From his work. | 他从工作带回来的 |
[25:54] | I assume he took the units, | 我猜他偷了空调 重新装箱 |
[25:55] | reboxed ’em, sold ’em on the black market. | 在黑市上卖掉它们 |
[25:57] | It was always boxes coming in and out of here. | 我家总有箱子进进出出 |
[26:00] | It’s amazing what you’ll tolerate | 只要一个男人活儿好 |
[26:01] | when a guy can throw a good hump into you. | 女人就能对他万般忍耐 |
[26:03] | [Roscoe clears throat] | 真是不可思议 |
[26:05] | The night Pete was killed, you had no idea who he was going | 皮特遇害当晚 你不知道他跟谁见面? |
[26:09] | – to meet? – No. He was always getting calls at all hours, | 不知道 他经常 |
[26:11] | running out, not coming home for days. | 一接到电话就出门 好几天不回家 |
[26:13] | At first I’d ask, | 起初我会过问 |
[26:14] | and that just led to more fighting. | 但那只会导致更多的争吵 |
[26:16] | That why you didn’t report him missing? | -那你为什么不报告他失踪了? |
[26:17] | That and I just stopped giving a shit. | -之前报过案 后来我就不在乎了 |
[26:21] | Woman can only take so much, right? | 女人的忍耐是有极限的 |
[26:23] | You can bury his ass in potter’s field for all I care. | 把他扔在乱葬岗我也不在乎 |
[26:25] | I’m flying out of here first thing tomorrow. I’m gonna stay with my folks | 我明天就坐飞机离开 |
[26:28] | till I can sell this place. | 跟我家人待在一起 直到我可以卖掉这个房子 |
[26:29] | I’m done with Georgia, | 我受够乔治亚州了 |
[26:31] | and I’m done with that asshole. | 我跟那个王八蛋也完了 |
[26:32] | [phone vibrating] Finlay. | 芬雷 |
[26:39] | 2S, 3W. Got it. | 两个S三个W 知道了 |
[26:41] | On our way. | 我们这就过去 |
[26:43] | We need to go. | 我们得走了 |
[26:44] | You need to change out of that uniform. | 你得换掉警服 |
[26:51] | [Roscoe] Jobling would have to move | 卓布林运的空调得比通用电气还多 |
[26:53] | more ACs than General Electric to afford those two houses. | 才能买得起这些房子 |
[26:56] | Only thing he cared about moving was fake cash for Kliner. | 他负责替克莱纳运假钞 |
[26:59] | Molly Beth said your brother shut down counterfeiting | 莫莉贝丝说 |
[27:00] | – on U.S. soil. – Bills are produced | 乔已经断绝了美国本土的伪造活动 |
[27:02] | in South America by whoever employed | 被我们扔在长期停车场的那批人 |
[27:03] | the guys we left in long-term parking. Money’s shipped to Florida. | 他们背后的主使负责在南美印钞票 |
[27:06] | Jobling drives down with real air conditioners | 假钞运到佛罗里达 |
[27:08] | to keep up appearances. Fills the empty boxes with phony cash. | 卓布林把真的空调运过去掩人耳目 |
[27:10] | Takes ’em back up to Margrave for distribution, | 往空包装箱里装满假钞 带回马格雷夫 |
[27:12] | but not before he skimmed some off the top for himself. | 但是他会先偷走一点 |
[27:14] | You sound confident. | 你似乎对你的推测很有信心 |
[27:16] | It’s a working theory. | 这是个初步的推论 |
[27:17] | Hoping Joe’s files confirm it. | 希望乔的文件能够证实 |
[27:22] | Sure we’re in the right spot? | 确定我们来对地方了吗? |
[27:24] | 2s, 3w. Two blocks south, three west of Picard’s office. | 两个S三个W 意思是离皮卡德的办公室 往南两个街区 往西三个街区 |
[27:27] | We’re in the right spot. | 这个地方是对的 |
[27:29] | Here he comes. | 他来了 |
[27:34] | Count to four, then follow. | 数到四 然后跟过来 |
[27:45] | – Everyone holding up okay? – Yeah, we’re fine. | 大家都还好吗? 嗯 挺好的 |
[27:49] | What about Charlie and the kids? Who’s watching them? | 谁在看着查理和姑娘们? |
[27:51] | Nobody. But she can handle herself for a couple hours. | 没有人 |
[27:53] | What’d you get on the VIN? | 她可以照顾她们一小会儿 那个车辆识别码有什么信息? |
[27:55] | Registered to a Chevy Equinox owned by a car rental company. | 登记的是一个汽车租赁公司 持有的一辆雪佛兰春分 |
[27:58] | Someone picked it up last week, | 上个星期有人发现了那辆车 |
[28:00] | then the plates get pinged at a motel | 车牌在马格雷夫外60多公里的 |
[28:01] | 40 miles outside Margrave. | 一间汽车旅馆被发现 |
[28:03] | Only problem, | 唯一的问题是 |
[28:05] | both car and motel were under the name Ron Hassey. That’s Joe. | 租车及住汽车旅馆的人叫罗恩哈西 |
[28:09] | He used the names of Yankees backup catchers. | 那就是乔 他用洋基队 备用接球手的名字当假名 |
[28:11] | Good thing I didn’t write this off, then. | 还好我没有排除这条线索 |
[28:13] | You know, chances are he never checked out of that motel. | 很有可能他没有退汽车旅馆的房间 |
[28:15] | He might have left something important behind. | -他可能留下了一些重要的东西 |
[28:17] | It’s possible. | -有可能 |
[28:18] | He kept meticulous records, lots of notes. | 他会做非常详尽的记录 有很多笔记 |
[28:21] | Motel address. 1517 Oglethorpe Road. | 汽车旅馆地址是奥格尔索普路1517号 |
[28:24] | Memorize it, toss it. | 记住它然后扔掉 |
[28:26] | Do me a favor, guys. | 两位 请帮我个忙 |
[28:28] | Hurry up and close this thing out. | 加快速度 把这个案子结了 |
[28:29] | I’m stuck in the sticks and I’m gonna lose my job. | 我被麻烦缠身 连工作可能都会不保 |
[28:32] | Appreciate your help. | 感谢你的帮助 |
[28:34] | [♪ Corey Harris: “Mama Got Worried”] | |
[28:36] | ♪ Well, you got mothers all over town ♪ | |
[28:39] | ♪ They’re screaming and crying… | |
[28:41] | [man] Yeah, Ron Hassey stayed here. | 罗恩哈西在这里住过 |
[28:43] | – How come you’re asking? – We need to see | 你们为什么要打听他? |
[28:44] | if he left behind some personal items. | 我们得看看 |
[28:46] | He did. | 他有没有留下一些私人物品 |
[28:47] | Briefcase and a garment bag. | 有 |
[28:48] | They were picked up about 20 minutes ago. | 公文包和一袋衣服 |
[28:50] | By who? | 大概20分钟前被取走了 |
[28:52] | Ron Hassey. | -被谁取走的? -罗恩哈西 |
[28:53] | What did he look like? | 他长什么样? |
[28:55] | About medium height. Foreign. | 大约中等身高 |
[28:58] | Maybe Hispanic or something? | 外国人 也许是西班牙裔之类的 |
[29:02] | They got a 20-minute head start and could’ve gone | 他们已经离开了20分钟 |
[29:04] | in any direction. That briefcase | 而且可能往任何一个方向去了 |
[29:06] | – is good as gone. – His briefcase doesn’t matter. | -那个公文包追不回来了 -公文包不重要 |
[29:08] | – You said he takes field notes. – He does. | -你说他会做实地调查笔记的 -确实 |
[29:10] | And he knew someone might come after ’em, | 而且他知道有人会来追他 |
[29:11] | so he’d put ’em where they wouldn’t look. | 所以他会把笔记藏起来 |
[29:13] | If you were walking out of there | 如果你带着乔的东西出来 |
[29:15] | with Joe’s stuff, looking for his paperwork, | 你会怎么做? |
[29:16] | – what would you do? – Get lost before his giant brother – found me. – Right. | 在他弟弟找到我之前逃掉 |
[29:19] | You’d move fast. | 你会尽快逃跑 |
[29:21] | Keep the briefcase, dump the garment bag. | 留着公文包 |
[29:24] | Fuck. | 把那袋衣服扔掉 天哪 |
[29:26] | Okay, Joe. | 好的 乔 |
[29:28] | Let’s see if you’re as smart as I think you are. | 让我们看看 你是否像我认为的那么聪明 |
[29:47] | No way. | 不会吧 卓布林的车库 格雷的克莱纳档案 |
[29:53] | – Looks like a punch list. – [gunshots] – Oh! | 看起来像是剩余工作清单 |
[29:55] | Cover! | 找掩护! |
[30:01] | – The tire’s blown. – Soon as I fire, we run in opposite directions. | 轮胎爆了 我一开枪 |
[30:04] | Harder to hit us if we split up. | 我们就朝相反方向跑 我们分开就没那么容易中枪 |
[30:07] | On three. One, two, three. | 我数到三 一、二、三 |
[30:16] | [speaking Spanish] [tires screech] [gunshots] | 他拿到了文件!跟着他! |
[30:50] | Son of a bitch. [grunting] [exclaims] | 狗娘养的! |
[31:14] | Mateo! | 马蒂欧! |
[31:33] | [grunting] | |
[31:59] | [panting] | |
[32:03] | You just killed my cousin. | 你杀了我表弟 |
[32:05] | Now I’m gonna paint your skull | 现在我要让你脑袋开花 |
[32:07] | – all over the ground… – [gunshot] Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:22] | You made them follow you | 你用乔的笔记引他们去追你 |
[32:24] | ’cause you had Joe’s note! | |
[32:26] | Yeah, so you’d stay alive. | 好让你能活着 |
[32:27] | I don’t need you looking out for me. | 不需要你罩着我 |
[32:29] | I’m a fucking cop, not some girl | 我是警察 |
[32:30] | who needs your protection. | 不是需要保护的小女生 |
[32:31] | – Clearly. – We agreed | 显然如此 |
[32:32] | last night changed nothing. | 我们已经达成了共识 |
[32:34] | What the hell were you thinking? | 昨晚的事不改变任何事 你在想什么呢? |
[32:41] | I was thinking when Joe died, | 我在想 |
[32:43] | there was almost no one left in the world I cared about. | 当乔去世时 |
[32:45] | And that felt bad. | 这个世界上已经没有我关心的人了 那种感觉很糟糕 |
[32:48] | And then I met you… | 后来我遇见了你 |
[32:50] | and I felt better. | 所以我感觉好多了 |
[32:55] | Come on, we got to change a tire. | 来吧 |
[33:09] | [phone rings] | 我们得换轮胎 |
[33:11] | Finlay. | 芬雷 |
[33:13] | – You find anything? – [Roscoe] Yeah. | 你们有发现吗? |
[33:16] | And then a couple of guys found us. | 有 然后我们被两个人找到了 |
[33:17] | More bodies? | 更多的尸体? |
[33:19] | [Roscoe] You know what I want to know? | 你知道我想知道什么吗? |
[33:21] | How the hell those guys got to the motel before we did. | 那些家伙为什么 会在我们之前到达汽车旅馆? |
[33:25] | Stevenson took the call from Picard | 史蒂文森接到皮卡德的电话 |
[33:27] | and forwarded it to the main line. | 转接到了主线 |
[33:30] | He could have listened in. | -他可能偷听了 |
[33:31] | I mean, anyone at the station could have. | -局里的任何人都可能 |
[33:34] | Or… I don’t know. | 或者… |
[33:36] | Maybe Stevenson’s innocent act is just that: an act. | 我不确定 |
[33:39] | Picard’s called me at the station | 也许史蒂文森只是装无辜 |
[33:41] | a few times over the past year. | 在过去的一年里 皮卡德往局里打过几次电话找我 |
[33:43] | Stevenson could have known his voice, | 史蒂文森可能听出了他的声音 |
[33:45] | deciphered the meeting location and Kliner could have | 破译了见面地点 |
[33:47] | had guys ready and waiting by the time you arrived. | 你们到那里的时候 |
[33:49] | [Reacher] When I found | 克莱纳可能已经派人在那里候着了 |
[33:50] | Spivey in the trunk of that car, | 我发现史派威的那辆车里 |
[33:51] | there was surveillance gear. | 有一些监控设备 |
[33:53] | It’s not a stretch to think they listened on parabolic mics. | 有理由相信 他们用远距离收音麦克风窃听 |
[33:56] | I can’t believe Stevenson’s dirty. | 我不敢相信史蒂文森是黑警 |
[33:58] | But… | 但我猜他当时问很多问题 |
[34:00] | I guess he was asking a lot of questions. Pretending to be concerned about the Hubbles. | 只是在假装关心赫堡一家 |
[34:06] | God, that sneaky piece of shit. | 天啊 那个卑鄙小人 |
[34:08] | I guess he found out Joe’s fake name | 我猜他知道了乔的假名 |
[34:11] | and the motel, and they beat us there. | 和汽车旅馆地址 抢在我们之前到了那里 |
[34:14] | Yeah, well, we’re the ones that walked away. | 嗯 但是活下来的是我们 |
[34:17] | All right, we need to go through what you found. | 我们需要核查你们发现的东西 |
[34:20] | – But not over the phone. – [Roscoe] I-I know a place. | -但不能在电话里说 |
[34:21] | An abandoned farmhouse. | -我知道一个废弃的农舍 |
[34:23] | Far enough outside Margrave, totally secluded. | 在马格雷夫外 |
[34:24] | I’ll text you the location. | 很偏僻 我给你发定位 |
[34:26] | All right, see you soon. | 好的 回头见 |
[34:28] | It was good we were careful around Stevenson. | 还好有史蒂文森在场时 我们都很小心 |
[34:36] | You still mad at me? | 你还在生我的气? |
[34:40] | I know you don’t need protection, | 我知道你不需要保护 |
[34:42] | but I went with my instinct. | 但我当时是出于本能 |
[34:47] | Just like I was taught. | 就像我被教导的那样 |
[34:49] | [Marine] This wasn’t some butterball, snot-nosed step-kid. | 那不是一个普通的 胖嘟嘟、流着鼻涕的继子 |
[34:52] | Your boy pummeled a brigadier general’s son. | 你儿子殴打的是一位准将的儿子 |
[34:55] | That Bishop boy has been a problem | 自我们搬到冲绳以来 |
[34:57] | ever since we set foot in Okinawa. | 毕夏普家的那个男孩就一直惹是生非 |
[34:58] | My boys were only standing up for Billy Docette. | 我的儿子们 只是为比利多塞特挺身而出 |
[35:00] | Well, the Docettes don’t want to get involved. | 多塞特家不想牵涉其中 |
[35:02] | His dad’s thinking about his career. | 他爸爸很在乎他的事业 |
[35:04] | As should you, Stan. | 你也应该如此 斯坦 |
[35:05] | It’s a disagreement between kids. | 这只是孩子之间闹别扭 |
[35:07] | Correct. | 没错 |
[35:08] | And your kid smashed another kid’s face in. | 但是你的孩子 砸了另一个孩子的脸 |
[35:11] | [Josephine] So what are we talking about here? | 那现在有什么后果? |
[35:12] | [Marine] Joe’s a minor– there’s not much they can do to him. | 乔是未成年人 他们对他做不了什么 |
[35:15] | But Bishop’s gonna take it out on Stan | 但是毕夏普 |
[35:17] | – any way he can. – What have you heard? | 会想尽办法对付斯坦以泄愤 |
[35:19] | He’s gonna find some | 你听到了什么? |
[35:20] | reason to bust you down a rank. | 他会找个理由让你降级 |
[35:22] | Cut your pay. | 削减你的工资 |
[35:23] | Transfer you out of Okinawa to some | 把你从冲绳调到德国 |
[35:25] | shit assignment in Germany. | 干些垃圾任务 |
[35:27] | – Jesus. – But Stanley didn’t do anything wrong. | 天哪 |
[35:30] | There must be some way to fix this. | 但斯坦利没有做错任何事 肯定有办法解决的吧? |
[35:31] | I would if I could, Josephine, truly. | 如果我能解决 |
[35:33] | But Bishop’s a vindictive S.O.B. | 我会不遗余力 约瑟芬 |
[35:36] | Always has been. | 真的 但是毕夏普向来 |
[35:37] | He’s gonna torpedo my whole career. | 都是个睚眦必报的龟孙子 他会毁了我的事业 |
[35:40] | Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but | 很抱歉告诉你们坏消息 |
[35:42] | just wanted to give you the heads-up. | 但我只是想给你们提个醒 |
[35:44] | Appreciate it, Butch. | 非常感谢你 |
[35:46] | You’re a good man. | 布彻 你是个好人 |
[35:53] | Boys, come here. | 孩子们 |
[35:55] | [engine starts] | 过来 |
[36:01] | Is what he said true? | 他说的是真的吗? |
[36:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:06] | It’s not fair that you get in trouble. | -害你惹上麻烦太不公平了 |
[36:08] | That’s right. | -你说得对 |
[36:10] | Should have thought of that before you did what you did. | 在你做你所做的事情之前 应该考虑到这一点的 |
[36:26] | He hates me. | 他恨死我了 |
[36:33] | – I’m gonna take care of this. – No. | -我会解决这件事的 |
[36:35] | You’re not. | -不行! 你不能 |
[36:37] | You’re 12, Reacher. I’m not letting you get involved. | 你才12岁 我不会让你牵扯进来的 |
[36:39] | – But, Joe, I can… – Your instinct was to keep your mouth shut. | 可是 乔… 你当时的本能就是闭上嘴巴 |
[36:42] | It was the right one. | 那是对的 |
[36:44] | Now stay out of it. | 别插手 |
[36:58] | [Finlay] E Unum Pluribus. | “合一为众” |
[37:00] | Out of one, many. | |
[37:01] | Should be “out of many, one.” | 应该是“合众为一”才对 |
[37:03] | E Pluribus Unum. It’s backwards. | 写反了 |
[37:04] | Do you think that’s just a mistake? | 是写错了吗? |
[37:06] | Joe never did anything by mistake. | 乔从来不会犯任何错误 |
[37:08] | Well, P.H. is obviously Paul Hubble. | “PH”显然是指保罗赫堡 |
[37:10] | W.B.? Anyone know that area code? | “WB”呢?谁知道这个区号? |
[37:13] | Hmm, beats me. | 我不知道 |
[37:15] | The next one’s S.C. | 下一个是“SC” |
[37:17] | – That’s New York. – [Reacher] I led a joint | 那是纽约 |
[37:18] | investigation with the Air National Guard | 我有一次曾经在孟菲斯 |
[37:19] | out of Memphis once. | 跟空军国民警卫队合作调查 |
[37:21] | Think J.W’s 901’s the area code there. | “JW 901”应该是那里的区号 |
[37:23] | But these two I don’t get. | 这两个我不明白 |
[37:24] | Joblings’ Garage and Gray’s Kliner file. | “卓布林斯的车库” “格雷的克莱纳档案” |
[37:26] | Already been to Jobling’s garage. | 我们已经去过卓布林的车库 |
[37:28] | Empty boxes | 那里只有些空箱子 |
[37:30] | that didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know. | 没有任何新线索 |
[37:32] | And Gray didn’t have a Kliner file. | 格雷没有关于克莱纳的档案 |
[37:33] | When he died, I went through his office | 他去世时我搜过他的办公室和家里 |
[37:35] | and his house, cleaned out everything. | 清理了所有的东西 |
[37:37] | There’s nothing on Kliner anywhere. | 没有找到跟克莱纳有关的东西 |
[37:38] | Let’s run a search on these numbers, see who they belong to. | 我们搜索一下这些号码吧 |
[37:41] | Or we could call them. | 或者可以拨打这些号码 |
[37:43] | Or we can do that. | 说得也是 |
[37:45] | I’ll take the mystery number. | 我负责这个神秘号码 |
[37:47] | I’ll try New York. | 我试试纽约的这个 |
[37:49] | Memphis. | 孟菲斯 |
[37:51] | [line ringing] | 美国环境保护局 |
[37:58] | [operator] United States Environmental Protection Agency. How may I direct your call? | 您想转接哪个部门? |
[38:04] | – Hello? – [Roscoe] Okay. | 喂? |
[38:06] | So “W.B.” is William Bryant, | 好的 |
[38:08] | Economics Professor at Princeton. | 所以WB就是威廉布莱恩特 普林斯顿大学的经济学教授 |
[38:10] | According to his voicemail, at a conference in Europe, | 根据他的语音信箱 他在欧洲参加会议 |
[38:12] | due to return in three days, not checking messages. | 三天后回来 不查看消息 |
[38:14] | Strange, my number went | 真奇怪 |
[38:16] | to the economics department at Columbia. | 我拨打的号码 是哥伦比亚大学经济系 |
[38:18] | S.C. is Professor Stephanie Castillo. | SC是丝黛芬妮卡斯迪利欧教授 |
[38:21] | Also at the European conference, also back in three days. | 也在参加那个欧洲会议 同样是三天后才回来 |
[38:24] | – Let me guess, you called Memphis State? – [Reacher] No. | -我猜你打的是孟菲斯州立大学的电话? -不是 |
[38:27] | Memphis office of the EPA. | 国家环保局孟菲斯分局 |
[38:29] | What the hell does any of this have to do with counterfeiting? | 这跟造假钞有什么关系? |
[38:32] | What does Hubble’s number being | 我哥哥的鞋子里藏着的 |
[38:33] | in my brother’s shoe have to do with it? | 赫堡的电话号码又跟这有何关系? |
[38:34] | Or South America? | 还有南美呢?动物饲料呢? |
[38:36] | – Or animal feed? – [Roscoe] Okay. | |
[38:37] | You got to give the last one a rest. | 好吧 你不能再纠结最后那个疑点了 |
[38:39] | It was a hell of a lot of animal feed. | 这些动物饲料多得离奇 |
[38:41] | Bottom line, we need to jump on the Memphis EPA lead ASAP. | 我们需要尽快查孟菲斯环保局这条线索 |
[38:45] | If Joe was looking into crooked agents | 乔查的是在联邦层面的腐败探员 |
[38:46] | at the federal level, they can do a lot more damage than college professors. | 他们能比教授们造成更大的伤害 |
[38:49] | You can’t go to Tennessee. | 你不能去田纳西州 |
[38:50] | Molly Beth lands in less than an hour. | 莫莉贝丝的航班一小时内抵达 |
[38:52] | And there might be shorthand in your brother’s | 而且你哥哥的文件里 |
[38:53] | files only you understand. | 可能有些简写只有你才能看懂 |
[38:55] | Right, and you two need to keep up appearances with Teale. | 对 而你们俩必须做做样子 |
[39:01] | I know a PI who can help. | 拖住蒂勒 我认识一位私人侦探可以帮上忙 |
[39:03] | Someone we can trust? | 是我们可以信任的人吗? |
[39:05] | Trusted her with my life on countless occasions. | 我曾经无数次把我的生命托付给她 |
[39:07] | – [line ringing] – She hasn’t let me down once. | 她一次也没有让我失望 |
[39:14] | – [Neagley] Reacher. – Hello, Neagley. | -雷彻! -内格利 |
[39:16] | – How’d you know it was me? – Only person | 你好 你怎么知道是我? |
[39:18] | with my private number other than my dad. | 除了我爸 你是唯一有我私人号码的人 |
[39:20] | And this time of day, he enjoys the jurisprudential musings | 这个时候 |
[39:24] | of one Judge Judy. | 他通常会在看《法官朱迪》 沉浸在法理学沉思当中 |
[39:27] | It’s been a minute and a half. | 好久不见了 |
[39:29] | What’s up? | 你有什么事? |
[39:31] | Gonna run it down fast and clean. Ready? | 我很快解释一下 准备好了吗? |
[39:33] | Hit me. | -说吧 |
[39:35] | My brother was working for Secret Service. | -我哥哥在特勤局工作 |
[39:36] | He was looking into counterfeiting in Georgia. | 在调查佐治亚州的印假钞活动 |
[39:38] | Last week, he got too close to the truth, | 太接近真相 |
[39:39] | someone killed him for it. | 因此被杀 |
[39:41] | Shit. | 天哪 |
[39:43] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[39:45] | My brother was killed, not me. | 被杀的是我哥哥 不是我 |
[39:46] | My mistake. Forgot who I was talking to. | 我错了 都忘了我在和谁说话呢 |
[39:49] | Joe’s notes had the number to the Memphis EPA office, | 乔的笔记上有孟菲斯环保局的 |
[39:51] | next to the initials J.W.– that’s all I have. | 电话号码和一个名字缩写JW |
[39:53] | – Number and initials. – All I need. | -我只有一个电话号码和名字缩写 |
[39:55] | I’m on it. | -我只需要这么多 我这就查 |
[39:56] | And, hey, boss. | 对了 |
[39:59] | If you want to talk… | 老大 如果你想聊… |
[40:01] | We just did. | 我们刚聊完 |
[40:03] | You’re an emotional dumpster fire. | 你对于情感的处理方式真糟糕 |
[40:05] | You know that? Stop dissembling. | 别再压抑了 |
[40:07] | Goodbye, Neagley. | 再见 内格利 |
[40:09] | She always talk to you like that? | 她跟你说话总是这么直来直往吗? |
[40:11] | No. Sometimes she speaks her mind. | 不是 有时她会说出自己的想法 |
[40:13] | We should get going. | 我们该走了 |
[40:14] | Molly Beth will be landing soon. | 莫莉贝丝的航班很快就到 |
[40:17] | We should leave the Jag here. Bullet holes are a bit | 把捷豹留下吧 |
[40:19] | – of a neon sign. – [Finlay] I’ll drive. | 那些弹孔太招人耳目了 |
[40:20] | Hope you like .38 Special. | 我来开车 |
[40:21] | [laughs] | 希望你们喜欢38特别乐队 |
[40:23] | Oh, you’re serious. ♪ I never knew there’d come a day… | 你是说真的 |
[40:30] | It says Molly Beth’s plane lands in 15 minutes. | 上面写着莫莉贝丝的飞机 |
[40:32] | She’s just dropping off papers, | 在15分钟后降落 |
[40:34] | so she doesn’t have any checked bags. | 她只是来送文件 所以没有托运行李 |
[40:36] | Ten minutes to disembark, | 十分钟下机 |
[40:37] | five to use the ladies room, | 五分钟上厕所 |
[40:39] | ten to walk to the airport subway, two to get a ticker at the kiosk. | 十分钟步行到机场地铁、两分钟买票 |
[40:41] | Train departs every five minutes. | 火车每五分钟一班 |
[40:42] | How long’s the ride from ATL to Five Points? 15, 20 minutes? | 到五点地铁站要多长时间? |
[40:46] | Okay, so we should get there | -15到20分钟 |
[40:48] | between one and six minutes before she does, depending on traffic. | -好的 |
[40:51] | [chuckles softly] | 我们应该会在她之前一到六分钟到达 |
[40:53] | We don’t know what she looks like. | 我们不知道她长什么样 |
[40:55] | How is she gonna find us? | -她怎么找到我们? |
[40:57] | She knows what Joe looks like. | -她知道乔长什么样子 |
[40:59] | And I look like Joe. | 我跟乔长得很像 |
[41:01] | ♪ So caught up in you, little girl… | |
[41:04] | Know you’re a blues guy, Reacher, but come on, | 我知道你喜欢布鲁斯 雷彻 |
[41:06] | you got to feel this. | 但是 拜托 你必须感受这个音乐 |
[41:10] | No. | 不要 |
[41:12] | ♪ You caught me, baby, you taught me ♪ | |
[41:15] | ♪ How good it could be… | |
[41:19] | – Okay. – ♪ It took so ♪♪ | 好吧 |
[41:23] | She’ll either be on the gold or red northbound train. | 她将乘坐金色或红色北行列车 |
[41:26] | They arrive on different platforms. [indistinct announcement over P.A.] | 它们会在不同的站台到站 |
[41:37] | Looks like we found her. | 找到她了 |
[41:41] | She wants to meet us at the top of the escalator. | 她想在扶梯顶部跟我们会合 |
[41:51] | [Finlay] Where is she? | 她在哪儿? |
[41:54] | Well, she must have missed us and walked right by. | 她一定是没看见我们 走了过去 |
[41:56] | No one misses me when they walk by. | 没有人能从我身边走过而看不到我 |
[42:02] | Something’s wrong. | 有点不对劲 |
[42:03] | We need to split up. You take the stairs, | 分头找 |
[42:05] | you take the elevator. | 你走楼梯 你坐电梯 |
[42:08] | – To the side, to the side. – [people exclaiming] | -对不起 -嘿! |
[42:15] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[42:37] | ♪ ♪ | |
[42:41] | [grunting] | |
[42:51] | Okay… okay. Hey. | 好的 |
[42:54] | Hey. Oh, God. [moans] | 嘿!天啊! |
[43:01] | Joe… [exhales] | 乔 |
[43:18] | ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ | 创意监督 |
[44:21] | ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ | 朝思 |