时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Since Mary, Queen of Scotland, was a child, | 从苏格兰女王玛丽的孩提时代开始 |
[00:08] | the English wanted her country and her crown. | 英格兰人就想侵占她的国家 抢走她的王位 |
[00:13] | She is sent to France to wed its next king | 她被送去法国 与下一任法国国王成婚 |
[00:16] | to save herself and her people, | 以拯救她和她的人民 |
[00:19] | a bond that should protect her. | 这次联姻本应保护她 |
[00:21] | But there are forces that conspire, | 但是仍存意图阴谋迫害之众 |
[00:24] | forces of darkness, forces of the heart. | 黑暗之力 心灵之迷 |
[00:28] | Long may she reign. | 愿女王万岁 |
[00:33] | I don’t know if I’m ready. | 我不知道自己是否准备好了 |
[00:35] | To leave here? Or marry the future king of France? | 你是说离开这里 还是嫁给未来的法国国王 |
[00:37] | You will wed young Francis | 你会嫁给年轻的弗朗西斯 |
[00:39] | for your faith, for your people, for Scotland. | 为了你的誓约 你的人民 苏格兰 |
[00:43] | She’s here doing her job, | 她来这里是为了完成使命 |
[00:44] | and her job is waiting for me to decide | 也就是等我决定你们 |
[00:46] | when you should marry her. | 何时成婚 |
[00:47] | What matters is what’s right for my country. | 重要的是国家利益 |
[00:49] | You don’t want to marry me. | 你不想娶我 |
[01:06] | We’ve no quarrel with the English. | 我们与英格兰人并无争执 |
[01:09] | We’re just farmers. But… | 我们只是农民 但是… |
[01:12] | you’re welcome to share our breakfast. | 你可以和我们一起吃早餐 |
[01:15] | You’re going to need a lot of eggs. | 那你需要准备很多颗蛋 |
[01:34] | A few grains should help you sleep. | 少量药物应该能助你入眠 |
[01:36] | But only a few and not every night. | 但只能吃一点 而且不能每晚都吃 |
[01:46] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:47] | Nostradamus. | 诺查丹玛斯 |
[01:49] | What are you seeing? | 你预见到了什么 |
[01:52] | War. | 战争 |
[01:55] | And the cost of war. | 以及战争的代价 |
[01:57] | – Where? – I don’t know. | -在哪里 -我不知道 |
[02:00] | But wherever it is, it will reach inside this castle. | 但无论战乱在何方 它都将波及这座城堡 |
[02:06] | All right, Kenna. | 好了 肯娜 |
[02:06] | It’s your turn. Not your first | 该你说了 不是你的初吻 |
[02:09] | but your best kisser. | 但却是最棒的一次 |
[02:11] | It was a man, not a boy. | 是个男人 不是男孩 |
[02:13] | Who? You must tell us. | 是谁 你得告诉我们 |
[02:14] | All I’ll say is that there’s no point | 我的意思是没必要 |
[02:16] | in waiting for boys our own age | 等待和我们同龄的男孩 |
[02:17] | who have no idea what they’re doing. | 他们根本不知道技巧 |
[02:19] | Either find yourself a man or… | 要么给自己找个男人 要么… |
[02:21] | take care of your needs yourself. | “自给自足” |
[02:25] | Anyway, I think that it’s Greer’s turn, isn’t it? | 好了 轮到葛瑞尔了吧 |
[02:28] | My first kiss… | 我的初吻 |
[02:32] | …is in the very near future. | 在不久的将来 |
[02:34] | I’m not like you. | 我和你不一样 |
[02:36] | My family’s not titled. | 我家不是贵族 |
[02:37] | I can’t afford even little mistakes. | 我不能犯半点错误 |
[02:40] | But… I think I’ve found the man. | 但 我觉得我找到了真命天子 |
[02:43] | He’s tall, dark and noble. | 他个儿高 气质沉稳 是个贵族 |
[02:47] | Tomas, the son of the King of Portugal. | 就是葡萄牙国王的儿子托马斯 |
[02:50] | He’s here negotiating some kind of trade deal, | 他是来协商贸易协定的 |
[02:51] | but he’s taking his time about it, | 但他不慌不忙的 |
[02:53] | and I think it’s to stay with me. | 我觉得是为了和我待在一起 |
[02:55] | Greer, it’s dangerous to get involved with a prince. | 葛瑞尔 和王子相爱很危险 |
[02:58] | You know they marry for alliances. | 你知道他们只会联姻 |
[02:59] | Your family are commoners. | 你的家族是平民 |
[03:03] | Tomas is a king’s bastard, like Bash. | 托马斯是国王的私生子 像巴斯一样 |
[03:06] | Favored, too, but with money and land. | 他也很受宠 不过只得到了金钱和土地 |
[03:09] | I’m not a fool. I know a true royal | 我不是傻子 我知道真正的王室 |
[03:11] | would never look at me except to ruin me. | 是不会和我真心相爱的 |
[03:15] | I can take care of myself. | 我能照顾好自己 |
[03:20] | Your Majesty, | 女王陛下 |
[03:21] | your uncle, | 您叔叔 |
[03:22] | Claude de Guise, is here | 克洛德·德·吉斯来了 |
[03:23] | and wishes to see you at once. | 他想立即见您 |
[03:31] | You look well, Mary. | 你气色挺好 玛丽 |
[03:34] | Your mother sends her affection. Read it later. | 你妈妈给你捎了信 回头再看 |
[03:37] | You may be assured the love is in there, | 你可以放心 信中有爱 |
[03:39] | as is the news of a crisis in Scotland. | 正如苏格兰有危机一样 |
[03:41] | – The English. – They’re massing on the border. | -英格兰人 -他们聚集在边境 |
[03:43] | And these are not the normal skirmishes. | 这可不是一般的小冲突 |
[03:45] | They’re out in number. They’re looking for weakness, | 他们人数很多 正在寻找我们的弱点 |
[03:47] | – and if they find any… – We must respond with strength. | -如果他们找到 -我们必须应战 |
[03:49] | Yes. | 对 |
[03:50] | Surely my mother has sent soldiers. | 我母亲肯定派军队去了吧 |
[03:52] | Of course. But not enough. | 当然了 但是不够 |
[03:54] | We need more men. | 我们需要更多兵力 |
[03:55] | Our strongest ally is France. | 我们最强大的盟友是法国 |
[03:56] | – King Henry will help us. – He’s been asked, | -亨利国王会帮我们的 -已经发出请求了 |
[03:58] | and he’s been slow to answer. | 但是他迟迟不作出回应 |
[04:06] | You were sent here to secure the alliance by marrying Henry’s son. | 你来是和亨利的儿子成婚以巩固联盟的 |
[04:09] | Now they’re dragging their feet. | 现在他们却拖拖拉拉不情愿 |
[04:11] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[04:11] | Nothing happened. | 什么事都没有 |
[04:14] | They’re being politicians. | 典型的政客式处理办法 |
[04:17] | Francis and his father aren’t eager to commit to Scotland. | 弗朗西斯跟他父亲并不急于跟苏格兰结盟 |
[04:20] | They’d rather keep me in a drawer, | 他们想先把我这样放着 |
[04:22] | like a pair of gloves for cold weather. | 就像以备御寒的手套一样 |
[04:25] | And then when the weather grows cold for France, | 法国天气变冷时 |
[04:27] | they’ll take me out and I’ll be wed. | 他们就会把我拿出来 和我结婚 |
[04:30] | They’re afraid of what a permanent bond might mean. | 他们害怕永久结盟之后会有麻烦 |
[04:33] | But right now, we have immediate problems. | 但现在 我们的问题迫在眉睫 |
[04:35] | Scotland needs more troops. | 苏格兰需要更多军队 |
[04:37] | As queen, you must do something. | 作为女王 你必须想办法 |
[04:50] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[04:57] | Your Grace. | 女王陛下 |
[05:00] | We’ve been… | 我们在… |
[05:01] | discussing this business in Scotland. | 讨论苏格兰的事 |
[05:05] | You have my sympathy. | 我很同情你 |
[05:07] | Father, I believe Her Majesty is here for more than just sympathy. | 父亲 依我看女王陛下不只是为了博同情 |
[05:09] | Of course. We’re sending wagons, gunpowder, | 当然 我们正准备给你们的军队 |
[05:12] | supplies for your army… | 送去马车 火药 军需 |
[05:14] | Supplies are useless without men. | 兵力不够 再多军需也没用 |
[05:16] | Surely you can spare a few. | 您肯定可以派出人马的 |
[05:17] | – You have so many more soldiers than we do. – And… | -您的军队对比我们绰绰有余 -但是 |
[05:19] | many more borders as well. | 我们需要守卫的边界也更多 |
[05:20] | You only have to worry about England. | 你只需要担心英格兰就够了 |
[05:22] | I have England, Spain, | 但我得担心英格兰 西班牙 |
[05:24] | a hundred Italian and German principalities… | 以及上百个意大利和德国公国 |
[05:26] | You are supposed to be our ally. | 您不是我们的盟友吗 |
[05:28] | If our positions were reversed, Scotland would help. | 若法国有难 苏格兰肯定会帮忙的 |
[05:33] | Mary, I’m sorry. | 玛丽 很抱歉 |
[05:37] | Eight companies. | 八个连 |
[05:40] | Six! | 六个 |
[05:41] | I hope I will have the happiness of seeing you tonight at the entertainments. | 希望你能来参加今晚的宴会 |
[05:46] | Yes? | 好吗 |
[05:48] | I hope you understand | 我希望您能理解 |
[05:49] | the position you’re putting us in. | 您将我们置于何种境地 |
[05:52] | Lives will be lost. | 会有很多人牺牲的 |
[05:57] | She only asked for six companies. | 她只要六个连的人 |
[05:59] | And what if we lose those companies? | 那要是这六个连的人都死光了呢 |
[06:00] | We look weak in England’s eyes. | 英格兰人会认为我们很弱 |
[06:02] | So we send more and we lose those. | 再派兵力 屡战屡败 |
[06:04] | When do we stop? | 什么时候才是尽头 |
[06:05] | Before or after England decides we’re soft prey? | 总有一天 英格兰会认为我们是软柿子 |
[06:09] | At the moment, the Scottish border is quicksand. | 目前苏格兰边界非常危险 |
[06:10] | You know this. | 你很明白 |
[06:12] | A pretty girl doesn’t change that fact, | 美女也改变不了这一事实 |
[06:13] | even if she happens to be your fiance. | 即使那个美女是你的未婚妻 |
[06:16] | And their Queen. | 还是他们的女王 |
[06:20] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[06:22] | Mary, my father just… | 玛丽 我父亲… |
[06:23] | – The political situation is complicated. – Complicated? | -政治情况很复杂 -复杂 |
[06:26] | People will be dying soon. Isn’t that complicated enough? | 马上就有人战死了 这还不够复杂吗 |
[06:28] | Mary, I agree with you. | 玛丽 我同意你的观点 |
[06:32] | – You do? – I think France should help Scotland in this. | -真的吗 -我觉得法国应该帮助苏格兰 |
[06:35] | We’re at a tilting point: | 我们的处境也不乐观 |
[06:37] | if England invades Scotland and succeeds, | 如果英格兰成功入侵苏格兰 |
[06:39] | it’ll be that much of a stronger enemy to France. | 那它肯定会成为法国的劲敌 |
[06:41] | Then we’re on the same side. | 那我们是休戚与共啊 |
[06:43] | For all the good it does. | 确实如此 |
[06:45] | One day, if things goes well, | 将来 如果一切顺利 |
[06:47] | we’ll rule France and Scotland and we’ll be together. | 我们会一起统治法国和苏格兰 |
[06:50] | Now we have no real power. | 现在我们没有实权 |
[06:52] | We have to wait. | 我们必须等待 |
[06:55] | No. | 不 |
[06:57] | I’m tired of waiting. | 我不想等了 |
[06:59] | And if we have no power, | 我们没有权力 |
[07:01] | then we must find a way of getting some. | 那就想办法去得到 |
[07:16] | Come play with me? | 你要和我一起玩吗 |
[07:18] | Happily. | 当然 |
[07:19] | Sometimes you just need to kick something. | 有时候就想踢东西 |
[07:23] | You’re not like a girl. | 你不像女孩 |
[07:25] | What did you think girls were like? | 那你觉得女孩应该是什么样子 |
[07:27] | They sit around, afraid they’re gonna mess up their dresses. | 她们总是端坐 害怕弄皱自己的裙子 |
[07:30] | You like to have fun. | 而你喜欢玩耍 |
[07:50] | It’s stuck. | 卡在树上了 |
[07:51] | Maybe you should fetch someone with a ladder. | 也许你得去找人拿梯子来 |
[07:53] | Wait, I’ve got it! | 不用了 我够到了 |
[07:59] | Your Majesty, | 女王陛下 |
[08:00] | may I present Tomas of Portugal, | 我向您介绍一下托马斯 |
[08:03] | Lord of Palmela? | 葡萄牙帕梅拉领主 |
[08:05] | Tomas, Mary, Queen of Scots. | 托马斯 这位是玛丽 苏格兰女王 |
[08:10] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:11] | Do you often stroll in trees, Your Majesty? | 女王陛下 您常在树间漫步吗 |
[08:14] | I climbed up here to fetch Prince Charles’ ball, | 我爬上来是为了取查尔斯王子的皮球 |
[08:17] | but I guess he got tired of waiting. | 不过他似乎等不及先跑了 |
[08:20] | Are you sure? Because from down here, | 您确定吗 因为在我看来 |
[08:22] | it looks like Scotland attacked Portugal without provocation. | 似乎是苏格兰无缘无故攻击了葡萄牙 |
[08:27] | Turn around so I can come down. | 转过身 我要下去 |
[08:28] | We may have a diplomatic incident here, Your Majesty. | 这似乎是一个外交问题 女王陛下 |
[08:31] | Greer, please get your friend to turn around. | 葛瑞尔 快让你的朋友转过身 |
[08:33] | I can’t climb down with him staring up my skirts. | 他这么盯着我的裙子 我可怎么下去 |
[08:42] | Your arm! | 你的胳膊 |
[08:44] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事 |
[08:45] | Are you all right? | 您还好吗 |
[08:46] | Yes. I’m just so sorry. | 没事 实在对不起 |
[08:49] | Just promise, no more attacks from the sky. | 先说好 以后不要再”空袭”了 |
[08:51] | Portugal surrenders. | 葡萄牙投降了 |
[08:54] | Greer of Kinross, | 金洛斯的葛瑞尔 |
[08:56] | I look forward to seeing you tonight. | 期待今晚与你见面 |
[09:00] | Your Majesty. | 女王陛下 |
[09:07] | I might not have made a very good first impression, | 我似乎没给他留下好印象 |
[09:09] | but I see why you like him. | 不过我知道你为什么喜欢他了 |
[09:11] | Isn’t he perfect? | 他是不是很完美 |
[09:13] | I have it all planned. | 我已经计划好了 |
[09:14] | The boating party’s coming up. | 划船晚宴不久就要举行了 |
[09:16] | I’ll pack a picnic basket, | 我会带好野餐用具 |
[09:17] | we’ll be out there on the lake under the moonlight… | 然后在月光下 两人一起荡舟湖上… |
[09:20] | And nature will take its course. | 然后一切都自然而然了 |
[09:22] | – Your first kiss. – And a beginning, I hope. | -你的初吻 -但愿还有一个美好的开始 |
[09:25] | Well, good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[09:26] | He definitely looks worth the wait. | 他值得你去等待 |
[09:51] | Your mind’s elsewhere. | 你在走神 |
[09:52] | Is it slender Lady Charlotte or | 是那位苗条的夏洛特小姐呢 |
[09:54] | plump Lady Isabelle with the breasts like two pigeons, huh? | 还是胸大如鸽的伊莎贝尔小姐 |
[09:57] | If I told you, you might poach. You’ve a liking for pigeon, as I recall. | 要是告诉了你 你会来抢的 我记得你很喜欢鸽子 |
[10:01] | We should help Scotland. | 我们应该帮助苏格兰 |
[10:03] | Not for Mary but for France. | 不是为了玛丽 是为了法国 |
[10:06] | By all means, explain. | 原因呢 |
[10:08] | When you say that the border is quicksand, | 你说苏格兰边境太过危险 |
[10:09] | you assume that we’ll lose. | 是在假设我们会输的前提下 |
[10:11] | England hasn’t sent its entire army north. | 英格兰还没有派出全部军队北上 |
[10:13] | They’re poking to see what reaction they get. | 他们只是在试探会得到怎样的反应 |
[10:15] | We could strike fast, hit back hard and win. | 我们可以迅速反击 一举制胜 |
[10:19] | But if we do nothing, | 如果什么都不做 |
[10:19] | we risk losing the entire Scottish alliance. | 可能会失去所有的苏格兰盟军 |
[10:22] | Years of planning, wasted. | 这么多年的计划 毁于一旦 |
[10:24] | So it’s a balance of risks either way. | 所以两边都是冒险对吗 |
[10:26] | Very good. | 很好 |
[10:27] | Except I’ve decided the… | 不过我已经决定了 |
[10:29] | reasons against outweigh the reasons for. | 反对出兵的理由更为充分 |
[10:31] | And guess what, | 而且 |
[10:33] | I’m king. | 我才是国王 |
[10:34] | Another round? | 再来一局吗 |
[10:37] | You never spar with me. | 你从不跟我比试 |
[10:40] | Is it a good idea for a king to spar with his usurper? | 你觉得国王会和篡位者比剑吗 |
[10:43] | You mean his inheritor. | 你是说继承者吧 |
[10:47] | If you win, | 如果你赢了 |
[10:48] | I shut up about this whole subject. | 我以后就再也不提这件事 |
[10:51] | If I win, | 如果我赢了 |
[10:52] | you send those six companies of men. | 你就派六个连去苏格兰 |
[11:18] | Very good. | 真是好样的 |
[11:20] | Very good. | 干得漂亮 |
[11:22] | When can they leave? | 他们什么时候启程 |
[11:24] | Oh. No one’s going to Scotland. | 没人会去苏格兰 |
[11:29] | But your word, your wager. | 但话都出口了 愿赌服输啊 |
[11:32] | Well, that’s what kings do. | 国王就是这样 |
[11:33] | We make promises to everybody, | 我们对所有人都许下承诺 |
[11:35] | and whatever works for the realm, we keep. | 如果对我们的王国有利 我们就信守承诺 |
[11:37] | Otherwise, they never happened. | 反之 就当这事没发生过 |
[11:40] | Lesson for today. | 学着点 |
[11:47] | That’s not the way to get a fa… | 这样对父亲提… |
[11:49] | Don’t need any more lessons right now. | 现在不需要别人再来教训我 |
[11:57] | Bread– the seeded kind. | 面包 上边要撒黑芝麻籽 |
[11:59] | I’m not talking about everyday black bread. | 别拿普通的黑面包凑数 |
[12:01] | Chestnut spread. Strawberry tartlets. | 栗子蓉包 草莓馅饼 |
[12:04] | Strawberries this late? | 这季节哪还有草莓 |
[12:06] | Uh, I can make you apple tarts. | 我可以做苹果馅饼 |
[12:07] | Everyone has apple. I wanted something different. | 苹果太普通了 我想要点特别的 |
[12:09] | Talk to God. | 问上帝要去 |
[12:10] | – He put the strawberries away. – Fine. | -是他把草莓弄没的 -好吧 |
[12:13] | But I want the apple tarts that have the honey on top. | 那些苹果馅饼上面要涂满蜂蜜 |
[12:15] | Baked, so they’re golden brown, | 拿去烤好 烤出一层金黄色 |
[12:16] | not soggy, to taste fresh and crisp | 火候要到家 两个小时之后 |
[12:18] | after two hours in a boat on the lake. | 在湖上的船里吃必须还是新鲜松脆的 |
[12:21] | You want an awful lot. | 要求可真多 |
[12:22] | This must be for someone special. | 肯定是为一个特别的人准备的 |
[12:24] | Not that it’s any of your business, but yes, | 虽然这不关你的事 但是没错 |
[12:26] | it’s for someone very special. | 这是为非常特别的人准备的 |
[12:28] | I expect your best. | 所以我希望你能做到最好 |
[12:30] | Why don’t you just leave the list. | 直接把单子留下来吧 |
[12:31] | But who would read it to you? | 那谁来读给你听啊 |
[12:34] | Greer? I’ve been looking for you everywhere. | 葛瑞尔 我到处找你 |
[12:44] | You said Tomas was in from Portugal | 你说托马斯从葡萄牙来这里 |
[12:45] | to negotiate a trade deal. | 是来谈一个贸易协议的 |
[12:48] | – What kind of deal? – I don’t know. | -具体是什么协议 -我不知道 |
[12:50] | Something about buying French timber for ships. | 好像和买法国的木材来造船有关 |
[12:51] | Ah, that makes sense. | 这就说得通了 |
[12:53] | They’re expanding their fleet– war ships, | 他们在扩充舰队 需要战舰和轮船 |
[12:55] | exploring vessels for the New World. | 来开启新世界的大门 |
[12:57] | Of course they need timber. | 他们当然需要木材了 |
[12:59] | Why are we talking about wood? | 为什么我们要说木头的事 |
[13:01] | Because it occurred to me | 因为这启发了我 |
[13:02] | that if a queen can’t command what she needs, | 如果女王得不到她想要的东西 |
[13:05] | maybe she can buy it. | 也许她可以去买 |
[13:09] | May I know where you’re taking me, Your Majesty? | 我能知道您要带我去哪吗 女王陛下 |
[13:11] | I didn’t want to be overheard. | 我不想让别人听到我们的对话 |
[13:13] | Mm, intriguing. | 真有趣 |
[13:15] | Is it romantic? | 浪漫情话 |
[13:18] | Conspiratorial? | 还是阴谋计划 |
[13:21] | May I have a hint? | 能给我点提示吗 |
[13:22] | It’s about timber. | 关于木材 |
[13:24] | – Timber? – Timber. | -木材 -没错 |
[13:26] | Scotland has trees, too, you know. | 你知道 苏格兰也有很多树 |
[13:28] | Whatever deal you have with King Henry, | 不管你和亨利国王达成了什么协议 |
[13:31] | I’ll do better– if you close the deal now | 我能给出更好的条件 只要你现在取消交易 |
[13:33] | and if you send us men instead of money. | 而且同意派兵援助我们 而非出资 |
[13:37] | Your country is in need. | 您的国家需要帮助 |
[13:39] | But surely, King Henry will help you. | 但是亨利国王一定会帮助您 |
[13:42] | I mean, the alliance. | 你们是盟友 |
[13:48] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[13:50] | Well, my father, | 我的父王 |
[13:51] | the King empowered me | 允许我做主 |
[13:53] | to make whatever deal I think best. | 达成我认为最划算的交易 |
[13:56] | And I’d be a fool to turn this down. | 我如果拒绝的话就太傻了 |
[13:58] | But… Henry considers our deal almost made. | 但是亨利觉得我们基本已经协定好了 |
[14:02] | And it’s not a small thing to anger a king | 在国王自己的地盘上激怒他 |
[14:04] | in his own house. | 可不是件小事 |
[14:07] | Meet me this afternoon. | 今天下午来见我 |
[14:09] | I’ll confirm our transaction then. | 我们到时候再协商 |
[14:24] | Come to my bedchamber. | 到我的卧房来 |
[14:27] | Now. | 就现在 |
[14:30] | The guards are discreet. | 卫兵会守口如瓶的 |
[14:32] | I want to be with you completely, | 作为一个女人 |
[14:35] | as a woman, but… | 我想把自己全交给你 但是 |
[14:39] | …as a girl, I need more time. | 作为一个女孩 我需要更多时间 |
[14:42] | How long? | 那要多久 |
[14:49] | When you’re ready. | 等你准备好 |
[14:52] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[15:59] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[16:01] | It’s an old church, made by Louis VII. | 是一间旧教堂 路易七世所建 |
[16:05] | Meant to last forever, | 本希望能永远保存 |
[16:06] | but… nothing does. | 但是 没有什么永远 |
[16:15] | Why have you brought me here? | 你为什么要把我带到这里来 |
[16:17] | I wanted your advice. | 我想要你的建议 |
[16:20] | I sent for this from my ship in the bay. | 我派人从我停在港口的船上拿来了这个 |
[16:23] | The New World has brought us wealth… | 新大陆给我们带来的财富 |
[16:26] | beyond imagining. | 超乎想象 |
[16:29] | Do you think these might make a woman | 你觉得这些会不会让一个女人 |
[16:32] | think kindly of me? | 对我留下很好的印象 |
[16:35] | I think you might have a chance, yeah. | 我想应该有这可能 |
[16:42] | I’m glad you think so. | 我很高兴你这么认为 |
[16:47] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[16:49] | I thought you and-and Greer were… | 我以为你和葛瑞尔是… |
[16:52] | What does Greer have to do with this? | 葛瑞尔和这件事有什么关系 |
[16:54] | She’s a lovely girl, but… | 她是个可爱的女孩 但是… |
[16:58] | I’ve seen you… | 我一看到你 |
[17:01] | and I can’t look away. | 就无法移开视线 |
[17:04] | There is… there’s a wildness in you, | 你有那种… 那种野性的气质 |
[17:08] | as you play… | 当你玩耍 |
[17:09] | ride, as you climb trees. | 骑马 爬树的时候 |
[17:13] | I see your spirit… | 我看到了你的心灵 |
[17:16] | and I believe it’s like mine. | 我相信我们心有灵犀 |
[17:19] | Just thoughts I would have kept to myself, | 我本想隐藏自己的心意 |
[17:22] | but I see your struggle here in France. | 但我看到你在法国挣扎无助 |
[17:25] | Left to solve your problems alone. | 只能独自解决麻烦 |
[17:28] | I’d never do that. | 我永远不会那么做 |
[17:30] | Never. | 永远不会 |
[17:34] | Wed me. | 和我结婚吧 |
[17:37] | Wed me, and I won’t make you wait. | 和我结婚 我不会让你等太久 |
[17:41] | Say yes, and you’ll have your men. | 答应我 你就会拥有军队 |
[17:46] | Say yes. | 同意吧 |
[17:50] | Tomas… y-you’re kind, | 托马斯 你是个好人 |
[17:54] | you’re handsome, | 你很帅 |
[17:55] | you’re very charming… | 你很迷人 |
[17:57] | I sense a refusal. | 我嗅到一丝拒绝的意味 |
[18:01] | But I am a queen. | 但我是女王 |
[18:03] | And flattered as I am by your attentions, | 虽然承蒙你的好意 |
[18:05] | I must marry a nation, | 但我必须嫁给一个国家 |
[18:07] | not a man. | 不是一个男人 |
[18:10] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[18:12] | My father’s been writing to the pope, | 我父亲给教皇写的信 |
[18:15] | arranging to have me declared legitimate. | 安排我的合法继承仪式 |
[18:18] | My father is dying, and I’m his only living son. | 我父亲时日无多了 我是他唯一活着的儿子 |
[18:22] | His grandson is next in line, and he’s only three years old. | 他的孙子是继承人 但他只有三岁 |
[18:27] | My father doesn’t trust the regent | 我父亲不相信摄政王 |
[18:29] | to safeguard Portugal. | 能够保护葡萄牙 |
[18:31] | He wants me on the throne. | 他想让我登上王位 |
[18:33] | The announcement will be made any day now. | 这项决定随时可能昭告天下 |
[18:36] | So, you see… | 所以 你看 |
[18:38] | I can lay my heart at your feet, | 我将我的心奉献给你 |
[18:40] | and my country as well. | 我的国家也一样 |
[18:42] | We can save Scotland. | 我们能够保护苏格兰 |
[18:45] | If you marry me. | 只要你和我结婚 |
[18:48] | Will you? | 你愿意吗 |
[18:58] | A real proposal from the future king? | 未来的国王真的向你求婚啦 |
[19:01] | What does your uncle think? | 你叔叔怎么说 |
[19:04] | I haven’t told him yet. | 我还没告诉他 |
[19:06] | Because you’re worried | 因为你担心 |
[19:07] | he’d press you to accept Tomas, | 他会逼你接受托马斯 |
[19:11] | and you’re not ready to let Francis go? | 而你还不想放弃弗朗西斯 对吧 |
[19:13] | It’s all right to admit it, Mary. | 承认也没事的 玛丽 |
[19:15] | I’d be exchanging a man I… | 这就意味着我放弃我… |
[19:18] | admire… for a man I barely know. | 仰慕的男人 选择一个几乎陌生的男人 |
[19:21] | And true support for Scotland. | 和真正能够支持苏格兰的力量 |
[19:24] | Tomas seems nice. Feelings may come in time. | 托马斯看起来不错 日久可能会生情的 |
[19:27] | And what of Greer’s feelings? | 那葛瑞尔会怎么想 |
[19:29] | – She had her eye on Tomas. – A crown prince would | -她看上托马斯了 -一国储君 |
[19:31] | never marry her– she’s not even a possibility. | 绝不会娶她 这根本就不可能 |
[19:34] | Well, it’s entirely possible that nothing will come of it, | 很有可能 什么都不会发生 |
[19:37] | and that Tomas will return home to Portugal. | 托马斯会返回葡萄牙 |
[19:39] | I asked him to be discreet | 我请他在我考虑期间 |
[19:41] | while I considered the proposal. | 将此事保密 |
[19:59] | Your vision. | 你是否 |
[20:02] | Do you know yet | 确切预见到 |
[20:04] | how the warfare you saw will reach inside the castle? | 那场战争会怎样进入城堡内部 |
[20:07] | No. | 没有 |
[20:08] | Maybe you saw the fighting in Scotland. | 也许你看到了苏格兰的战争 |
[20:11] | If Mary weds my son | 如果如你预言 |
[20:13] | and it causes his death, as you predicted, | 玛丽嫁给我儿子 然后害死了他 |
[20:16] | this castle will see violence within its walls | 那这座城堡里一定会发生前所未有的 |
[20:19] | like none before. | 暴力流血事件 |
[20:20] | Tell me exactly what you saw. | 告诉我你到底看到了什么 |
[20:28] | You look lovely. | 你看起来真美 |
[20:29] | Is the king still refusing to send the men we need? | 国王还是不愿意派人去苏格兰支援吗 |
[20:34] | I’ve pushed as hard as I can. | 我已经尽力劝他了 |
[20:37] | Well, I know you’ve done your best. | 我知道你尽力了 |
[20:38] | – Thank you. – Mary… | -谢谢 -玛丽 |
[20:44] | Nostradamus. | 诺查丹玛斯 |
[20:47] | Why don’t you share your wisdom with all of us. | 不如你跟大家说说你的箴言吧 |
[20:51] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[20:52] | Always at my wife’s ear. | 你总是跟我妻子窃窃私语 |
[20:54] | What do you whisper? | 在说什么呢 |
[20:56] | I hear Emperor Maximilian | 听说马克西米利安皇帝 |
[20:58] | has a seer in Prague who can… | 在布拉格有位预言家 |
[21:00] | tell fortunes using playing cards. | 能用卡牌预言未来 |
[21:03] | Tell the fortunes of Queen Mary and her ladies. | 预言一下玛丽女王和她女侍们的未来吧 |
[21:06] | Forgive me, Your Majesty, | 请原谅我 国王陛下 |
[21:07] | but I’m not skilled at cards and I don’t control my visions. | 我不擅长用卡牌 我也无法控制预见的幻象 |
[21:11] | They come and go as they will. | 幻象总是自行出现和消失 |
[21:13] | You’re not as good as Maximilian’s seer? | 你不如马克西米利安的预言家吗 |
[21:14] | – Leave him alone, Henry. – Oh, come, | -别这样 亨利 -拜托 |
[21:16] | the man must have something to recommend him | 既然你这么依赖他的建议 |
[21:19] | since you rely so deeply on his counsel. | 他一定是身有所长 |
[21:23] | Each of you pick a card. | 请各位女士选一张卡牌 |
[21:25] | Have your question ready. | 准备好问题 |
[21:29] | Will I ever love again? | 我还会再爱吗 |
[21:32] | You’ll meet a dark, handsome stranger. | 您会遇到一位深色皮肤 风度翩翩的陌生人 |
[21:34] | Be wary of flattery. | 提防他的恭维 |
[21:37] | Life will offer many challenges. | 生活充满挑战 |
[21:41] | You’ll meet them with grace. | 但您能应对自如 |
[21:42] | Well, that’s not very specific. | 也太宽泛了 |
[21:44] | Give us a fortune, not a platitude. | 我让你预言 不是说套话 |
[21:46] | Or is that the best you can do? | 你就这点本事吗 |
[21:57] | The lion will fight the dragon on the field of poppies. | 雄狮会在罂粟田里与龙相斗 |
[22:00] | What? | 什么 |
[22:02] | The lion will fight the dragon on the field of poppies. | 雄狮会在罂粟田里与龙相斗 |
[22:08] | – Who will I…? – You’ll fall in love | -我会… -你会爱上一个 |
[22:10] | with a man with a white mark on his face. | 脸上有白色印记的男人 |
[22:16] | – When will I see my family? – You’ll never go home. | -我什么时候能见到家人 -你永远回不了家 |
[22:22] | What do you mean, never go home? | 什么叫永远回不了家 |
[22:24] | That’s all I was given. | 我只看到了这些 |
[22:25] | You know no more than I. | 我们都不清楚 |
[22:28] | Well, there’s a showman for you. | 就是个小丑 |
[22:31] | Musicians, dancing music. | 乐师 演奏舞曲 |
[22:33] | Enough of this foolishness. | 闹剧结束了 |
[22:36] | Why would you say that to my friend? | 你为什么要对我朋友说那种话 |
[22:38] | Why scare her? | 为什么要吓她 |
[22:39] | I can only say what I’ve seen. | 我只说我见到的幻象 |
[22:41] | Like a dragon and a field of poppies? | 你见到了龙 和罂粟田吗 |
[22:45] | Are people fooled by you? | 有人上你的当吗 |
[22:47] | The only dragons are in children’s stories. | 只有童话故事里才会有龙 |
[22:50] | Then I must be a liar. | 那我肯定是个骗子 |
[22:51] | But why these lies? | 但你为什么要撒谎 |
[22:54] | Who gains? | 谁能得益 |
[22:56] | The fortune-telling was Henry’s idea, | 是亨利让你预言未来的 |
[22:58] | so it can’t have come from Catherine. | 所以不会是凯瑟琳叫你说的 |
[23:00] | Who are you and who do you serve? | 你是谁 你为谁效力 |
[23:03] | The realm… myself, the truth. | 这个国家 我自己 以及真相 |
[23:07] | The truth? | 真相 |
[23:09] | Serving the truth at court is a crooked path. | 在宫廷里说出真相是件很难的事 |
[23:18] | You know, I don’t think I ever noticed | 我还没注意到 |
[23:20] | that tiny white scar on your cheek. | 你脸上有这道白色的小伤疤 |
[23:23] | It becomes you. | 跟你很相称 |
[23:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:26] | Would you excuse me? | 失陪一下 |
[23:32] | Mary, believe me, I’ve argued with my father. | 玛丽 相信我 我和我父亲争论过了 |
[23:37] | I’ve explained why politically it’s a good idea. | 我从政治方面也劝过他出兵了 |
[23:38] | I’ve, I’ve done more than argue. | 我 我不仅跟他争论了 |
[23:41] | I’ve done all I can reasonably do. | 所有合理的办法我都试过了 |
[23:42] | Then maybe you should be unreasonable. | 那也许你该试试不合理的方法 |
[23:46] | I commanded the musicians | 我已经让那些乐师 |
[23:47] | to play music from my country. | 演奏我们国家的音乐 |
[23:49] | Allow me. | 恕我冒昧 |
[24:48] | Why don’t you dance like that? | 你怎么从来不那样跳舞 |
[24:49] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[24:50] | Apparently they do things differently in Portugal. | 显然葡萄牙人和我们的舞蹈很不一样 |
[24:52] | I love this Portuguese music. | 我喜欢这葡萄牙的音乐 |
[24:55] | Keep playing. | 继续演奏 |
[24:56] | Not what I meant by “Discreet.” | 我不是跟你说了要保密吗 |
[25:03] | Greer, don’t be upset. | 葛瑞尔 别生气 |
[25:04] | It was just a dance. | 只是一支舞而已 |
[25:06] | I’m not upset because of a dance. | 我没有因为这支舞生气 |
[25:07] | I’m not upset at all. | 我一点都不生气 |
[25:08] | I’m just going back to my room. | 我只是要回房间去而已 |
[25:09] | I’m not feeling well. | 我不太舒服 |
[25:11] | Please, let’s talk. | 请你和我谈谈吧 |
[25:12] | There’s no need. | 没这个必要 |
[25:15] | You’re my queen. | 你是我的女王 |
[25:17] | You’re rich and you’re beautiful | 你富有又美丽 |
[25:19] | and you’re engaged to the crown prince of France. | 你都和法国的王储订婚了 |
[25:24] | I thought perhaps you could leave Tomas for me. | 我只是想 也许你可以把托马斯留给我 |
[25:26] | It’s not as if you could marry him anyway. | 反正 你也不能嫁给他啊 |
[25:31] | You knew how important this was to me. | 你明知道这对我有多重要 |
[25:34] | It just wasn’t important to you. | 不过也许你根本不在意 |
[25:40] | No, Greer… | 不 葛瑞尔 |
[25:42] | You do have a way of leaving chaos in your wake. | 你真是随时都能引出乱子啊 |
[25:47] | What was that about? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[25:49] | Tomas asked me to marry him. | 托马斯向我求婚了 |
[25:53] | He’s being declared legitimate. | 他的身份已经被公开承认了 |
[25:55] | He says his father wants him on the throne imminently. | 他说他父亲迫切想要他登上王位 |
[25:58] | It’s not what I want, | 我也不想这样 |
[26:00] | but my options are extremely limited. | 但我别我选择 |
[26:04] | You went behind our back? | 你背着我们做这种事 |
[26:06] | You’re making a new alliance with Portugal? | 你在和葡萄牙建立新的盟约 |
[26:07] | It was his idea, not mine, | 是他的主意 不是我的 |
[26:09] | and he’s willing to actually get married, too, | 而且 他愿意和我结婚 |
[26:11] | which is more than your family is offering. | 这比你的家族给我的条件好得多 |
[26:13] | – You can’t just break an alliance. – I don’t want to. | -你不能就这样背弃盟约 -我也不想 |
[26:18] | You said that we had no power, | 你说我们没有权力 |
[26:20] | that there was nothing we could do. | 你说我们无能为力 |
[26:23] | I don’t like it but I found a way. | 我不喜欢这样 但我找到了解决方法 |
[26:28] | If France won’t help us, | 如果法国不帮助我们 |
[26:30] | then I will have no choice but to accept Portugal’s offer. | 那我别无选择 只能接受葡萄牙的提议 |
[26:35] | His name is Tomas. | 他的名字是托马斯 |
[26:38] | You’d be marrying the man, | 你嫁的是一个人 |
[26:40] | not the country. | 而不是一个国家 |
[26:42] | It’s what my mother will want… | 这会是我母亲想要的 |
[26:45] | …and what my country needs. | 我的国家也需要我如此 |
[27:36] | I never thought, you know. | 你知道吗 我从没这样想过 |
[27:38] | Thought what? | 想过什么 |
[27:40] | My first marriage. | 我的第一次婚姻 |
[27:43] | I married for love | 娶了我爱的人 |
[27:45] | and I loved her deeply. | 我十分爱她 |
[27:47] | She died of influenza. | 她死于流感 |
[27:49] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[27:57] | When I learned my father planned | 当我得知我父亲 |
[27:59] | to make me his heir, I thought, | 打算让我做继承人时 我就想 |
[28:02] | my next union is sure to be arranged, | 我下一次婚姻一定是由他们来安排的 |
[28:04] | my life nothing but politics, | 我的人生不过就是一场政治 |
[28:07] | but then I saw you in a tree. | 可是 后来我在树上看见了你 |
[28:14] | – Please. – Thank you. | -请 -谢谢 |
[28:43] | Your father is a confusing man. | 你父亲真是个难懂的男人 |
[28:48] | Yes, he is. | 是啊 |
[28:52] | It’s not a reflection on you personally, | 我并不是想质疑你 |
[28:55] | but my family will need to confirm all that you’ve said. | 但我的家族需要确认你承诺的真假 |
[29:00] | I understand you’re not ready to trust me. | 我明白你心存疑虑 |
[29:04] | You needn’t wait for confirmation from Portugal. | 你不必等待葡萄牙方面的证实 |
[29:07] | My ship in the bay has several companies of men. | 我泊在海湾的船上有几个连 |
[29:10] | They can leave for Scotland on tomorrow’s tide. | 他们明日涨潮就可以启程去苏格兰 |
[29:13] | So quickly? | 这么快 |
[29:15] | I know you’re the woman I want | 我确定你就是我想要的女人 |
[29:18] | and I’ll do whatever it takes to keep from losing you. | 为了不失去你 我会不惜一切代价 |
[29:29] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[29:34] | Returning the basket. | 把篮子还回来 |
[29:39] | So, how did it go, Lady Only the Special Cheese for Me? | 结果如何 特制美味芝士小姐 |
[29:44] | Your important friend like it? | 你那个重要的朋友喜欢吗 |
[29:50] | Is he a punishing man | 他喜欢惩罚人吗 |
[29:53] | if he doesn’t get the exact thing he wants the moment he wants it? | 如果在他一时兴起时扫了他的兴 |
[29:57] | Hard to imagine a more uncomfortable conversation about one’s father. | 没有比谈论别人的父亲更让人不舒服的话题了 |
[30:00] | You don’t even know what I’m talking about specifically. | 你都不知道我在说什么 |
[30:02] | I know exactly what you’re talking about. | 我当然知道你在说什么 |
[30:05] | His attention drifted to you | 他对你感兴趣 |
[30:07] | and now it’s drifting elsewhere. | 而现在又转向别处了 |
[30:08] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[30:14] | He’s not punishing you, he’s playing you. | 他不是在惩罚你 是在玩弄你 |
[30:16] | He likes to play and he likes to win, | 他喜欢玩 他也喜欢胜利 |
[30:18] | but know this about him: | 但你要知道 |
[30:21] | a victory without effort is worse than a defeat. | 毫不费力的胜利比失败更无趣 |
[30:34] | If the Scottish alliance is worth saving, | 如果苏格兰的盟约值得拯救 |
[30:36] | we need to send troops. | 我们就得派军队过去 |
[30:37] | We’ve had this talk before. | 我们已经谈过这个问题了 |
[30:40] | Not quite. | 不尽然 |
[30:43] | I see the way that you look at the Lady Kenna | 我看到了您看着肯娜小姐的样子 |
[30:46] | and the way that she looks at you. | 还有她看您的样子 |
[30:49] | I know your pattern. | 我了解您的一贯作风 |
[30:53] | Now, I’m not sure that you’ve slept with her yet. | 我只是不清楚您有没有和她上床 |
[30:56] | What’s this? | 你这是什么意思 |
[30:56] | But I wonder how your Medici wife | 我很好奇 如果您的美第奇妻子 |
[31:00] | and, more important to you, your French mistress | 和您更重要的法国情妇 |
[31:02] | will react when they find out | 知道您又喜欢上一个新姑娘 |
[31:04] | that you moved in on a new girl. | 她们会作何反应 |
[31:08] | I think we both know that Diane and my mother | 你我都知道 黛安和我母亲 |
[31:10] | have a way of making life very difficult when they wish, | 总是有办法让一个人过得艰难无比 |
[31:13] | even for a king. | 哪怕您是国王 |
[31:18] | Finally. | 终于啊 |
[31:23] | Very well, king in waiting. | 非常好 未来的国王 |
[31:25] | – I’m not… – We’ll try it your way. | -我不是… -按你的意思去做 |
[31:27] | Win or lose, you will answer for it. | 无论成败 你都要为此负责 |
[31:30] | That’s what kings do. | 这是国王的责任 |
[31:35] | There are six companies of men | 这里和英吉利海峡之间 |
[31:36] | quartered between us and the Channel. | 驻扎着六连的人马 |
[31:41] | You’ll send our fastest rider to mobilize them. | 你要派我们最快的骑手将他们召集起来 |
[31:44] | Do you know who our fastest rider is? | 你知道我们最快的骑手是谁吗 |
[31:48] | Send a message to all six captains. | 去给六位队长送信 |
[31:51] | Tell them that they’ll board ship at Outreau. | 告诉他们在乌特罗登船 |
[31:53] | Are you sure you’re all right to ride? | 你确定你骑马没问题吧 |
[31:55] | I am a riding fiend, little brother. | 我可是最优秀的骑手 弟弟 |
[31:58] | You’ll be happy, Scotland will be happy, | 你会高兴 苏格兰会高兴 |
[32:00] | Mary will be happy, and Mary will stay. | 玛丽也会很高兴的 而且她会留下来 |
[32:03] | Just be careful. | 路上小心 |
[32:05] | Aren’t I always? | 我不是向来如此吗 |
[32:06] | Well, if always means never. | 如果你的”向来”意味着”从不”的话 |
[32:24] | So this goat just goes running off. | 于是这只山羊跑掉了 |
[32:26] | As for my father, he’s shouting, “Catch him! Catch him!” | 我父亲大叫”抓住它 抓住它” |
[32:31] | I chased that damned goat over half the mountaintop. | 我追着那只该死的山羊翻越了半个山顶 |
[32:35] | And I decided, no more sheep and goats. | 我下定决心 管他绵羊还是山羊 |
[32:38] | Indoor work for me. | 还是室内工作适合我 |
[32:40] | Mind you, when I go home, | 顺道一提 我回家的时候 |
[32:42] | that goat still shares our house in the winter. | 那只山羊还在我们家过冬呢 |
[32:44] | There’s no escape. | 躲得了初一躲不了十五啊 |
[32:47] | I can’t say I’ve ever lived with a goat. | 我从没和山羊住在一起过 |
[32:49] | Didn’t think so, where you come from? | 没想到 你来自哪里 |
[32:51] | But my father keeps hounds. | 但我父亲养猎犬 |
[32:53] | They’re all over the house, all the time. | 它们总是满屋子乱跑 |
[32:57] | I think he cares more about the hounds | 我觉得他关心猎犬 |
[32:58] | than my mother and my sisters. | 胜过我的母亲和妹妹们 |
[33:00] | Is that why he sent you so far away, with Queen Mary? | 所以他才远送你来这陪伴玛丽女王吗 |
[33:03] | Oh, he sent me here to be married. | 他是送我来成婚的 |
[33:06] | I have to marry well, for my family’s sake. | 为了我的家族 我必须要嫁得好 |
[33:08] | My parents made that very clear to me. | 我父母说得很明白 |
[33:11] | The only way to rise in the world is through land and title, | 拥有土地和权利是立足世界的唯一途径 |
[33:14] | and for people like us, | 像我们这类人 |
[33:15] | the only way to achieve these things is to marry them. | 获取这些的唯一途径就是联姻 |
[33:19] | So, love has no place in your life? | 这么说 爱情对你来说无关紧要吗 |
[33:23] | I hope it will, | 我渴望爱情 |
[33:25] | but I have four younger sisters counting on me, as well. | 但我的四个妹妹都指望着我 |
[33:29] | If I rise, they rise. | 如果我能够立足 她们也能沾光 |
[33:34] | You should have been there when they saw me off to France. | 你真该看看我来法国时她们送别的场景 |
[33:37] | They looked at me | 她们看我的眼神 |
[33:38] | the way my father looks at an investment, | 和我的父亲看投资项目如出一辙 |
[33:40] | Wondering if I’ll fail, or pay off. | 不知道我是会失败 还是成功 |
[33:43] | Well, I’m sorry you have to live this way. | 你得过这样的日子 真为你感到遗憾 |
[33:58] | I never… | 我从没 |
[34:00] | I shouldn’t… | 我不该 |
[34:02] | Nor should you. | 你也不该 |
[34:03] | You’re a servant. | 你只是一个下人 |
[34:05] | Nothing can ever happen between us. | 我们之间不会发生任何事 |
[34:08] | But it did. | 但刚才已经发生了 |
[34:16] | Mary, it’s done. | 玛丽 处理好了 |
[34:17] | Six companies are on their way to Scotland tonight. | 六连人马今晚启程去苏格兰 |
[34:20] | What? Oh, Francis! | 真的吗 天呐 弗朗西斯 |
[34:22] | But how? You said the king wouldn’t change his mind, | 你是怎么做到的 你不是说已经竭尽所能 |
[34:25] | that you’d done all you could. | 可国王一直不改变主意 |
[34:27] | I suppose I was inspired. | 算是急中生智吧 |
[34:30] | I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[34:31] | I still can’t offer to marry you right away, like Tomas. | 我还是不能像托马斯一样 许诺立刻娶你 |
[34:36] | You’d have a secure alliance there. | 选择他 你可以拥有一个稳固的联盟 |
[34:37] | Here, we can only hope. | 选择我 我们只能怀抱希望 |
[34:40] | Some day it will be right for our countries. | 有一天这对我们的国家来说会是明智之举 |
[34:43] | I would rather have hope with you | 我愿意选择和你一起怀抱希望 |
[34:45] | than certainty anywhere else. | 不在意什么稳固联盟 |
[34:56] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[34:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[35:00] | You’ve been avoiding me, | 你一直在躲着我 |
[35:01] | so I thought I would try and bribe you | 所以我想我该试着 |
[35:04] | with this new Venetian drink. | 用这杯威尼斯饮料讨好一下你 |
[35:06] | It’s coffee. | 是杯咖啡 |
[35:08] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:10] | The truth is, | 事实上 |
[35:11] | there never really was much between Tomas and me. | 我和托马斯之间真的没什么 |
[35:14] | Some flirting– | 也就是眉目传情 |
[35:15] | all very proper– but that’s it. | 没有越矩之举 仅此而已 |
[35:18] | I wanted to believe there was more. | 我本希望不止于此 |
[35:20] | Well, you know why. | 你知道原因的 |
[35:22] | Oh, I imagined the whole fairytale. | 我幻想出了一个童话故事 |
[35:25] | The perfect first kiss with | 幻想和面有白色印记的男人 |
[35:27] | the man with the white mark on his face. | 来一个完美的初吻 |
[35:29] | Me as the heroine, helping my family. | 幻想自己是女主角 帮助我的家族 |
[35:32] | I know you’ll find the right man, Greer. | 葛瑞尔 你会找到如意郎君的 |
[35:36] | I know you will. | 一定会的 |
[35:38] | Should I tell you a secret? | 告诉你一个秘密吧 |
[35:41] | Maybe it’s because I’ve been engaged since I was six, but | 也许是因为我六岁起就订了婚 |
[35:45] | I’ve never been kissed, either. | 但我的初吻还在 |
[35:48] | Well, actually, | 其实 |
[35:50] | things have changed for me in that respect. | 在这方面我和你并不一样 |
[35:52] | What?! No! Who is it? Tell me everything! | 什么 不是吧 是谁 快告诉我 |
[35:57] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[35:58] | I suppose I should send down for breakfast then. | 我想我该吩咐准备早餐了 |
[36:00] | No. By all means, I’ll go. | 不 还是我去吧 |
[36:05] | Coffee? | 要咖啡吗 |
[36:06] | And we want the sweet butter, not the other kind. | 我们要淡黄油 不是另外一种 |
[36:08] | And try putting some heavy cream | 还有 在咖啡里面加些多脂奶油 |
[36:09] | in that coffee, but for heaven’s sake, | 但是 千万不要用 |
[36:11] | not goat’s milk cream. | 山羊乳奶油 |
[36:13] | I’ll take care of it. | 我知道了 |
[36:16] | Lovely morning, my lady. | 早上好呀 小姐 |
[36:28] | Our men will have gone north to the channel. | 我们的人将会北上去英吉利海峡 |
[36:31] | Calais is in English hands, | 加来现在是英格兰人的地盘 |
[36:33] | so our men will take ship at Outreau. | 所以我们的人会在乌特罗上船 |
[36:36] | Guards? | 卫兵 |
[36:44] | Quickly! | 快 |
[36:51] | It’s Bash. | 是巴斯 |
[37:23] | The cost of war will reach inside this castle. | 战争的代价会波及城堡 |
[37:31] | – How is he? – He’s gravely injured. | -他怎么样了 -重伤 |
[37:33] | I can tend to his wounds, | 我会治疗他的伤 |
[37:34] | ease the pain, but I make no guarantees. | 减轻疼痛 但我无法保证他会幸存 |
[37:36] | Father, | 父亲 |
[37:39] | the English… | 英格兰人 |
[37:42] | rode out from Calais | 从加来归来 |
[37:44] | to face us. | 侵略我们 |
[37:46] | We never made it to the ships. | 我们甚至都没上船 |
[37:49] | It was a slaughter. | 发生了一场屠杀 |
[37:51] | He shouldn’t be talking. | 他不该说话 |
[37:53] | I’m give him a potion, put him to sleep. | 我给他吃药 让他睡觉 |
[37:55] | Clear the room. | 都出去吧 |
[37:56] | – It’s the best thing for him. – Bash? | -这对他是最好的 -巴斯 |
[38:00] | Bash, I’m so sorry. | 巴斯 对不起 |
[38:01] | Come. | 来 |
[38:04] | Come. | 跟我来 |
[38:13] | Go wait. | 先去前面等着 |
[38:19] | Kings don’t apologize. | 国王从不道歉 |
[38:21] | I didn’t know this would happen, | 我不知道会发生这种事 |
[38:23] | but I knew it was a risk. So did you. | 但我知道派他去有危险 你也知道 |
[38:26] | Lives are always at risk, | 生活处处有危险 |
[38:27] | at our hand, at our will. | 不论我们如何 |
[38:30] | For a prince, this was a… | 对王子来说 这是… |
[38:33] | a cheap lesson. | 廉价的一课 |
[38:34] | Cheap? Six companies. | 廉价吗 六个连的兵力 |
[38:38] | Your son– I know you love him. | 你儿子 我知道你爱他 |
[38:43] | You were influenced by your heart. | 你被情感影响到了 |
[38:45] | If that happens when you are king, | 如果你在位时发生这种事 |
[38:46] | you could lose 10,000 men. | 你可能损失一万人 |
[38:50] | You could lose France. | 你可能会失去法国 |
[38:58] | The English were ready for us. | 英格兰人是在等我们上钩 |
[39:00] | – Someone told them. – Yes. | -有人告密了 -是 |
[39:02] | While Bash was riding to six different companies, | 巴斯骑马准备去召集六个连队时 |
[39:04] | it appears someone loyal to the English rode straight to Calais | 有某个忠于英格兰的人直接骑马去加来 |
[39:06] | and warned them. | 警告了他们 |
[39:09] | Well, aren’t you going to tell Francis? | 那你为什么不告诉弗朗西斯呢 |
[39:14] | No. Not today. | 不 还不能说 |
[39:17] | It would ruin the lesson. | 否则他就没机会上这一课了 |
[39:20] | Let something come of this treachery. | 让他从这次背叛中学到点东西 |
[39:23] | Francis will never trust his heart again. | 弗朗西斯再也不会受情感左右了 |
[39:27] | That’s the only way to rule. | 只有这样才能统治国家 |
[39:31] | Francis? | 弗朗西斯 |
[39:34] | Francis? | 弗朗西斯 |
[39:38] | You did the right thing. | 你做得对 |
[39:42] | Talk to me. | 说话啊 |
[40:00] | You should marry Tomas. | 你应该和托马斯结婚 |
[40:03] | My father’s right. | 我父亲说得对 |
[40:03] | I haven’t been thinking clearly. | 我之前太过冲动 |
[40:05] | That’s not true. You were trying to help. | 不对 你只是想帮忙 |
[40:07] | I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 |
[40:10] | France can’t help. | 法国帮不了你 |
[40:11] | There are no more troops to send. | 我们没有军队可派了 |
[40:13] | Do what’s right for your country. | 做对你国家有利的事去吧 |
[40:16] | – Francis! – Can you say that I’m wrong? | -弗朗西斯 -难道我说得不对吗 |
[40:50] | I suppose you’re going to have to teach me Portuguese. | 我想你得教我葡萄牙语了 |
[41:01] | I’ll make you happy. | 我会让你开心的 |
[41:04] | You already have. | 你已经让我开心了 |
[41:09] | There are eight companies of fighting men on that ship. | 那艘船上有八个连队的勇士 |
[41:12] | They’ll be in Scotland in two days. | 他们两天内就会达到苏格兰 |
[41:23] | The English lion will fight the dragon on the field of poppies. | 英格兰的雄狮会在罂粟田里与龙相斗 |