时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Since Mary, Queen of Scotland, was a child, | 从苏格兰女王玛丽的孩提时代开始 |
[00:08] | the English have wanted her country and her crown. | 英格兰人就想侵占她的国家 抢走她的王位 |
[00:13] | She is sent to France to wed its next king, | 她被送去法国 与下一任法国国王成婚 |
[00:16] | to save herself and her people, | 以拯救她和她的人民 |
[00:18] | a bond that should protect her. | 这次联姻本应保护她 |
[00:21] | But there are forces that conspire– | 但是仍存意图阴谋迫害之众 |
[00:24] | forces of darkness, | 黑暗之力 |
[00:25] | forces of the heart. | 心灵之迷 |
[00:28] | Long may she reign. | 愿女王万岁 |
[00:33] | – You’re holding me prisoner? – Guarded, day and night, | -你要把我关进监狱 -全天监禁 |
[00:36] | or at least until I’m back from Rome. | 至少要等到我从罗马回来 |
[00:37] | Sebastian, if this girl is pregnant with your child… | 塞巴斯蒂安 如果她怀了你的孩子 |
[00:40] | The child is not mine. No one knows of our true connection. | 不是我的孩子 没人知道我们真正的关系 |
[00:42] | But if they learn that a traitor was my uncle… | 但一旦他们知道我的舅舅是一个叛国贼 |
[00:45] | You can never be king. | 你就绝不可能成为国王了 |
[00:46] | There’s something wrong with Isabel! | 伊莎贝拉不对劲 |
[00:48] | Promise you’ll care for the baby. | 答应我照顾好我的孩子 |
[00:50] | Find her a home and a family. | 帮她找个好人家 |
[00:52] | Hide her existence among the other children you care for. | 把她混在你照顾的其他孩子中间 |
[00:54] | I’ll say nothing. | 我什么都不会说的 |
[00:55] | Did you see the baby’s foot? | 你看到孩子的脚了吗 |
[00:56] | It’s a mark that pagans sometimes put on their newborns. | 是异教徒给新生儿的印记 |
[00:59] | – Will the mark fade? – Eventually. | -印记会淡化消失吗 -最终应该会的 |
[01:01] | Let’s pray that eventually comes soon. | 希望它快点消失 |
[01:09] | Thank you, Jeanne, for taking care of her… | 珍妮 谢谢你照顾她 |
[01:11] | and for keeping quiet about it. | 也谢谢你将此事保密 |
[01:14] | I’m sorry I can’t tell you the mother’s name, | 抱歉我不能告诉你孩子的母亲是谁 |
[01:16] | but a child born out of wedlock… | 但是非婚生的孩子… |
[01:18] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[01:20] | Poor lady, she’d be disgraced… | 否则孩子的母亲会因此受辱 |
[01:22] | but I’ve kept the baby well-hidden in the stables. | 但我一直把孩子好好地藏在马厩里 |
[01:26] | Could you give us a minute alone, please? | 能让我们单独待一会儿吗 |
[01:28] | Of course, Your Grace. | 好的 陛下 |
[01:43] | The mark is fading. | 印记渐渐淡了 |
[01:45] | In a few days, it will be gone, | 几天后应该就会没有了 |
[01:47] | and then we can take her to a convent. | 然后我们就可以把她送到修道院去 |
[01:49] | Meanwhile, that little mark | 在此之前 那个小印记 |
[01:50] | could lead to questions we can’t answer. | 会暴露一些我们无从解释的问题 |
[01:52] | What if they put this together with Isabel, | 要是他们将此与伊莎贝拉联系起来呢 |
[01:54] | if they learned she was my cousin? | 要是他们知道她是我的表妹怎么办 |
[01:56] | Once, my pagan ties only | 我与异教徒的关系 |
[01:57] | put me in danger, but now… | 曾让我身处险境 但是现在 |
[02:00] | imagine the response to a heretic king | 想象一下国王宝座上坐着一个异教国王 |
[02:02] | on the throne. | 大家会作何反应 |
[02:03] | We’d both be targets. | 我们都会成为活靶子 |
[02:07] | I don’t like putting you at risk. | 我不想让你冒险 |
[02:09] | Every day this baby’s in the castle… | 这个孩子在城堡里多待一天… |
[02:11] | It’s going to be all right. | 不会有事的 |
[02:13] | I talked to Agnes, our wet nurse’s mother. | 我跟乳母的母亲艾格尼丝说过了 |
[02:14] | She’s been helping care for the baby. | 她一直在照顾孩子 |
[02:17] | She agreed to take the child | 她同意把孩子 |
[02:18] | to her village for a few days. | 带去她们村里待几天 |
[02:20] | By then, the mark will be gone | 等印记消失后 |
[02:21] | and Agnes can take her on to a convent. | 艾格尼丝就可以把她带去修道院了 |
[02:23] | Francis would have offered you a life without these risks. | 弗朗西斯肯定不会让你冒这么大的风险 |
[02:25] | We’re being careful… | 我们一直很小心 |
[02:26] | and we’re lucky. | 也很幸运 |
[02:28] | We only have to protect the baby | 我们只需要保护孩子 |
[02:29] | from servants’ gossip. | 管住仆人们的嘴就行 |
[02:32] | Henry is away in Rome, | 亨利人在罗马 |
[02:34] | Catherine is locked in her tower, | 凯瑟琳被关在塔里 |
[02:35] | and you are the Regent. | 而你是摄政王 |
[02:37] | My Lord, my Lady, news… | 摄政王陛下 女王陛下 |
[02:40] | Henry’s back, | 亨利回来了 |
[02:41] | and they say he’s brought Medicis with him. | 大家还说他把梅第奇家的人带回来了 |
[02:58] | Oh! My family! | 我的家人 |
[03:01] | Oh, Francesca. | 弗朗西斯卡 |
[03:02] | Oh! Pietro. | 彼得罗 |
[03:04] | You got my letters. | 你们收到我的信了 |
[03:06] | I’m horrified, my dear. | 吓坏我了 亲爱的 |
[03:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:09] | But now I have you to thank | 但是现在我得谢谢你们 |
[03:11] | for making this place fit for a human being. | 让这里成为一个人能待的地方 |
[03:16] | My darling girl, we bring mixed tidings. | 亲爱的 我们有好消息也有坏消息 |
[03:19] | As you urged in your letters, our family has thrown | 如你要求 我们家族尽力 |
[03:21] | its considerable weight against this annulment | 向亨利施压 让他不要 |
[03:24] | of your marriage to Henry. | 废除你的后位 |
[03:25] | And were you successful? | 成功了吗 |
[03:26] | Yes. Under our pressure, | 成功了 在我们的压力下 |
[03:28] | the Pope refused to see Henry. | 教皇拒绝接见亨利 |
[03:30] | Excellent. | 非常好 |
[03:31] | So Henry has returned here with the aim of killing you. | 所以亨利已经启程回来了 来杀你 |
[03:36] | He can’t. | 他不能杀我 |
[03:37] | He has no legal justification! | 他没有合法理由杀我 |
[03:39] | He’s accused you of adultery. | 他控告你通奸 |
[03:40] | That’s a treasonable offense. | 这是不忠之罪 |
[03:43] | If found guilty, you would pay with… | 若证明你有罪 你可能就… |
[03:50] | They say one or two of Henry VIII’s wives | 据说亨利八世有一两个妻子 |
[03:53] | practiced laying their head on a block, | 练习过将头放在垫头木上的姿势 |
[03:55] | so they could face the end with dignity. | 这样她们断头之时就能保持高贵的姿态 |
[03:57] | But, of course, it will never come to that. | 当然 我们不会让事情发展到那个地步 |
[03:59] | Absolutely not. | 当然不会 |
[04:00] | We will be here to see any charges are fairly disputed. | 我们会保证所有指控都进行公平审理 |
[04:04] | And we’ve arranged that you may leave the tower, | 我们都安排好了 你可以出塔 |
[04:06] | under guard, to prepare your defense. | 在守卫的看守下准备为自己辩护 |
[04:10] | But, just in case… | 但 以防万一… |
[04:14] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[04:16] | Who am I accused of being adulterous with? | 他指控我和谁通奸 |
[04:24] | You meant it, didn’t you? | 你说话算话吗 |
[04:26] | If I say these things at the court, | 如果我在法庭上这么说的话 |
[04:27] | you’ll find me a suitable husband? | 你就能给我找一个好丈夫 |
[04:28] | Yes, I promise. Now try to concentrate. | 是的 我保证 现在你认真一点 |
[04:30] | Were they naked? | 他们当时裸着吗 |
[04:33] | Not entirely. | 不是全裸 |
[04:35] | Well, that wouldn’t be believable, would it? | 这样听起来很不可信 对吧 |
[04:37] | And how do you know how far they went? | 你怎么知道他们进行到哪一步了 |
[04:40] | The Queen screamed in pleasure. | 王后发出了欢愉的呼喊 |
[04:43] | – Lady Kenna, I’m not sure… – No, no, no. | -肯娜小姐 我不确定… -不不不 |
[04:45] | I like that. Let Catherine scramble for her dignity. | 我喜欢 让凯瑟琳颜面扫地吧 |
[04:47] | Catherine tried to poison me once. | 凯瑟琳曾经想对我下毒 |
[04:48] | You could tell them that in court. | 你在法庭上可以说说这个 |
[04:50] | No one cares, Kenna. | 没人会在意这个 肯娜 |
[04:51] | – That part’s true. – My dear Henry’s only | -这是事实啊 -亲爱的亨利 |
[04:53] | interested in offenses against himself. | 只在意冒犯他的那些事 |
[04:57] | Aren’t you supposed to wait outside the door, | 你不是应该在门外等着吗 |
[05:00] | so I can conduct my defense privately? | 这样我才能有空间自我辩护 |
[05:10] | Off with you, child. | 你也走吧 孩子 |
[05:11] | You’ve killed me enough for one day. | 今天摧残我也该摧残够了吧 |
[05:17] | Did you miss me? | 你想我吗 |
[05:18] | This is judicial murder, Henry. | 亨利 这个死刑判决不公正 |
[05:20] | We all know how this plays out | 我们都知道一个国王 |
[05:21] | when a king tries to cast off a queen. | 想摆脱王后时会耍什么手段 |
[05:23] | I’ll have a line of witnesses to your adultery a mile long, | 我有一大堆目击者能证明你通奸 |
[05:26] | all eager to say whatever I want them to say. | 我让他们说什么他们就说什么 |
[05:28] | Nobles, servants, stable boys, | 贵族 仆人 马夫 |
[05:30] | the man who clips the hedges in the garden, it doesn’t matter. | 还有园丁 一点都不缺人 |
[05:33] | Twist and squirm all you want; you can’t outlast them, | 想怎么编排你就怎么编排 你无能为力 |
[05:36] | because I’ll have another, and another. | 因为我总有办法对付你 |
[05:38] | All to wed Mary to your bastard son, | 都是为了让玛丽和你的杂种儿子结婚 |
[05:40] | and get her to stake her claim to the English throne. | 还有让她登上英格兰王位 |
[05:43] | It won’t look good, Henry. | 亨利 事情可没那么简单 |
[05:45] | You’re doing all this for England. | 你这么做都是为了得到英格兰 |
[05:47] | You’re killing me for England. | 甚至不惜杀了我 |
[05:49] | When you go back to the Vatican all set to legitimize Bash, | 你回梵蒂冈想去扶正巴斯时 |
[05:52] | you need to give them a fig leaf. | 你必须给他们一个好借口 |
[05:54] | You need the appearance of fairness. | 你必须粉饰公平 |
[05:56] | So that you and the Pope don’t look like | 才能使你和教皇看起来 |
[05:57] | the power-hungry bastards you are. | 不像贪得无厌的混蛋 |
[06:00] | Oh, my hands will be clean. | 我不会引火烧身的 |
[06:02] | I’m keeping a distance. | 我会置身事外 |
[06:03] | The evidence against you will be collected by my old friend. | 指控你的所有证据将由我老友收集 |
[06:07] | You remember Viscount Richard Delacroix? | 你还记得理查德·德拉克洛瓦子爵吗 |
[06:12] | It takes a special kind of vindictiveness | 就因为多年前一点小小的怠慢 |
[06:14] | to kill a woman over a petty slight from years ago. | 你就要杀我 真是穷凶恶极啊 |
[06:17] | Petty? | 一点吗 |
[06:19] | You exiled me from court. | 您将我驱逐出宫廷 |
[06:21] | You should never have referred to your queen | 你万万不该称自己的王后为 |
[06:23] | as an “Italian horse.” | “意大利母马” |
[06:24] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[06:26] | I called you an “Italian mule.” | 我说的是”意大利骡子” |
[06:29] | I’m sure you never stopped to notice, | 你应该没有意识到 |
[06:30] | but you have made a lot more enemies than just me. | 除了我 你还树了多少敌 |
[06:33] | And now the time’s come to pay. | 现在报应来了 |
[06:44] | – Your Majesty. – Your Majesty. | -王后陛下 -王后陛下 |
[06:45] | Your Majesty, you’re back. | 王后陛下 您回来了 |
[06:47] | Your Majesty shines like | 王后陛下 您就像阳光 |
[06:48] | the sun upon our humble… | 照耀着我们这些卑… |
[06:49] | Yes, Bernard. | 好了 伯纳德 |
[06:52] | Where are we? | 事情怎么样了 |
[06:53] | Gervaise has taken back his request | 杰瓦伊斯收回了想把戏剧 |
[06:55] | to dedicate his new play to you, | 献给您的请求 |
[06:56] | for fear of offending the king. | 他恐怕会冒犯国王 |
[06:59] | Martin assumes his dancers are canceled, | 马丁认为您不需要他的舞者了 |
[07:01] | and is preparing to move on to Padua. | 准备前往帕多瓦[意大利城市] |
[07:03] | Everyone! Your attention. | 大伙儿注意 |
[07:05] | The Queen of France wants it known | 法国王后想让你们知道 |
[07:08] | that nothing will be canceled. | 一切都不会取消 |
[07:11] | The money will continue to flow. | 钱不会断 |
[07:13] | The arts in France live, | 凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇活着一天 |
[07:14] | as long as Catherine de Medici lives, | 法国艺术就不会停息 |
[07:16] | and I intend that to be a long, long time. | 我可指望这会是一段很长的时间呢 |
[07:23] | Now, let’s not make that a lie. | 别让刚才那番话变成谎言 |
[07:26] | Ah, Charlotte, a word. | 夏洛特 来谈谈 |
[07:28] | Is it bad, Your Grace? | 很糟糕吗 陛下 |
[07:30] | It’s worse than bad. | 糟糕透顶了 |
[07:31] | Henry will have my head, | 亨利要将我斩首 |
[07:32] | and I can’t win if I fight him legally. | 我没法从法律上赢过他 |
[07:35] | Then I trust Your Grace has another strategy. | 那我相信陛下您一定有其他对策 |
[07:37] | Well, my best chance, my only chance, is to destroy Sebastian. | 最好也是唯一的机会就是摧毁塞巴斯蒂安 |
[07:41] | That way, Henry will have to turn to Francis as the next heir | 那样 亨利就会重立弗朗西斯为继承人 |
[07:43] | and there’ll be no need to kill me. | 也就没必要杀我了 |
[07:46] | There must be something I can use to destroy the bastard. | 那个私生子一定有把柄能让我利用 |
[07:49] | We’ve watched him, Your Grace, as you ordered. | 照您吩咐 我们监视了他 陛下 |
[07:52] | Janet says that for the last few days, | 珍妮特说过去几天 |
[07:54] | Bash and Mary have spent an unusual amount of time | 巴斯和玛丽在酒窖里 |
[07:56] | in the wine cellar. | 待了挺长时间 |
[07:58] | Danielle told me | 丹妮尔说 |
[07:59] | that she saw Mary talking to the wet nurse, | 她看到玛丽跟乳母说话 |
[08:01] | and the wet nurse going down to the stables… | 然后乳母就去了马厩 |
[08:04] | several times. | 好几次了 |
[08:07] | The physician said to leave the bandage on | 医生说要把绷带 |
[08:09] | for another three days. | 再留三天 |
[08:10] | Do not remove it until then; not for any reason. | 在那之前不管是什么原因都别取下 |
[08:13] | When the burn is healed, you can take the child | 烧伤愈合以后 你可以带孩子 |
[08:14] | to the Convent of St. Clare. | 去圣克莱尔女修道院 |
[08:16] | Have no fear, Your Grace. | 别担心 陛下 |
[08:17] | Babies are nothing new to me. | 我也不是第一次带孩子了 |
[08:18] | I’ve delivered dozens in my time. | 我这辈子接生过很多孩子 |
[08:23] | Be on your way, Agnes. | 去吧 艾格尼丝 |
[08:25] | Your Majesty, I’m surprised to see you here. | 王后陛下 你怎么来了 |
[08:28] | Yes, I thought a ride might clear my head. | 我想骑马也许能清醒一下头脑 |
[08:31] | But you’re not wearing your riding habit. | 但你没穿骑装 |
[08:33] | Oh, how foolish. | 我真蠢 |
[08:35] | I should have changed. | 我应该换上的 |
[08:37] | What… | 真是 |
[08:38] | a beautiful baby. | 漂亮的小娃娃 |
[08:41] | Grandchild, Agnes? | 你孙女吗 艾格尼丝 |
[08:43] | Orphan, left at the castle door. | 是孤儿 被人丢在城堡门口的 |
[08:46] | – Agnes is taking her to the convent. – Isn’t that right? | -艾格尼丝正要带她去女修道院 -是吗 |
[08:48] | Yes, Your Grace. | 是的 陛下 |
[08:50] | Babies are such a sign of hope in dark times. | 婴儿在黑暗时期就是希望的象征 |
[08:54] | Oh, I hope nothing’s wrong, is there? | 但愿一切安好 |
[09:02] | Jeanne, dear, go away. | 珍妮 亲爱的 你退下 |
[09:04] | Queen Mary and I need to have a little talk. | 我和玛丽女王要谈谈 |
[09:11] | That’s a pagan child. | 那是个异教孩子 |
[09:13] | No doubt the mother was pagan as well. | 孩子的母亲肯定也是异教徒 |
[09:15] | I’m not sure what you’re imagining. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[09:16] | So what would this make Bash in the eyes of the nobles? | 这孩子会让贵族怎么想巴斯 |
[09:19] | The fact that he’s kept that mark secret… | 他隐瞒这个标记的事 |
[09:22] | the timing of the birth, which will foster suspicion. | 以及孩子的出生日期 会引起怀疑 |
[09:25] | Half of them don’t want him as their king as it is. | 而贵族中有半数人都不想让他做国王 |
[09:28] | Rumors are deadly to a man in that position. | 流言对他那个地位的人是致命的 |
[09:35] | Rumors are deadly for a queen as well. | 流言对王后也是致命的 |
[09:37] | Yes, I’m a good object lesson, aren’t I? | 是的 我就是个很好的教训 不是吗 |
[09:40] | If Henry can cut off my head | 如果亨利能基于 |
[09:42] | based on rumors he creates himself, | 他传播出去的流言而斩我的首 |
[09:44] | imagine what would happen to Bash | 巴斯这事还有确凿证据 |
[09:46] | with actual evidence. | 想象一下他会怎样 |
[09:48] | One look at that baby, | 只要看一眼这个孩子 |
[09:50] | and Bash’s enemies will say, | 巴斯的敌人就会说 |
[09:52] | “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” | 纸包不住火 |
[09:55] | At best, they’ll pull him off the throne | 最好的结果是 他们不让他继承王位 |
[09:58] | and you’ll lose the alliance. | 你失去盟友 |
[10:00] | At worst… | 最糟的结果是 |
[10:01] | well, by the time they’re finished… | 一旦他们准备就绪 |
[10:04] | you could end up on a stake beside him, | 亲爱的 你一不小心 |
[10:06] | my dear, if you aren’t careful. | 就会跟他一起被绑上刑柱 |
[10:09] | I’m not threatening you. | 我不是在威胁你 |
[10:10] | I’m giving you a chance to run home to your mother | 我是给你一个机会 跑回家找你母亲 |
[10:13] | and let Bash be what he’s always been, | 并让巴斯继续回到他该在的位置 |
[10:14] | a playmate to Henry. | 当回亨利的玩伴 |
[10:16] | Otherwise… | 否则… |
[10:18] | well yes, then I am threatening you. | 好吧 我的确是在威胁你 |
[10:22] | It will be hard to destroy us both, | 你连脑袋都保不住 |
[10:24] | when you are without your head. | 还怎么摧毁我和巴斯呢 |
[10:27] | So it’s to be a race, is it? | 所以这就是一场竞赛了 |
[10:29] | Well, I seek to pull down Bash | 我在找机会把巴斯 |
[10:31] | from the perch he does not deserve. | 拽下那个他配不上的高位 |
[10:33] | You can help Henry trip me into my grave. | 你可以帮亨利把我一路送进坟墓 |
[10:36] | Which one of us will crush the other first? | 我们谁会先摧毁对方呢 |
[10:38] | I wonder. | 我很好奇 |
[10:39] | When the ax falls on your neck, I will be there… | 当斧子落在你的脖子上时 我会在场 |
[10:42] | with Bash… | 巴斯也会 |
[10:44] | the next king of France. | 他就是下任法国国王 |
[11:08] | Hello, old friend. | 你好 老朋友 |
[11:10] | Too bad you didn’t see this one coming. | 你怎么没有预见到会发生这种事 |
[11:11] | Somehow | 不知何故 |
[11:12] | I never see anything coming that could help me. | 我所预见的事从未对我有利过 |
[11:15] | So, we’re lovers now, are we? | 我们现在是情人了 对吧 |
[11:18] | Well, Henry was never very imaginative. | 亨利向来缺乏想象力 |
[11:28] | You’ve read books on pagan law. | 你看过异教徒法 |
[11:31] | You probably understand more about it than anyone | 除了异教徒自己 没有人比你 |
[11:32] | who isn’t a pagan themselves. | 更了解他们 |
[11:34] | Tell me, have you ever thought Sebastian might know more about | 告诉我 你知道巴斯身为一个天主教徒 |
[11:38] | what goes on in the forest than a good Catholic should? | 了解他本不该知晓的森林之秘吗 |
[11:41] | He seems well-informed. | 他似乎知之甚详 |
[11:44] | But then, he’s a woodsman. | 不过 他熟知森林 |
[11:45] | He hunts game there. | 也在那里狩猎 |
[11:47] | It’s reasonable to think he might see things. | 即便他真看到了什么也可以理解 |
[11:50] | Are you aiming to use Bash as your way out of this? | 你想利用巴斯来摆脱你目前的困境吗 |
[11:56] | Are you keeping your own counsel | 你会为一个 |
[11:58] | because a man marked for questioning | 可能供出你所有秘密的人 |
[12:00] | might betray your secrets? | 继续保密吗 |
[12:02] | I’m sorry | 我很抱歉 |
[12:03] | our friendship has made you a target. | 我们的友谊让你成为了靶子 |
[12:05] | No harm done yet. | 他们还没把我怎么样 |
[12:07] | They’ve only given me a look at the instruments. | 他们只让我看了看刑具 |
[12:14] | Ah! The guilty couple together again. | 奸夫淫妇又在一起了 |
[12:18] | It isn’t funny, Henry. | 一点都不好笑 亨利 |
[12:19] | It might be a little funny, | 如果折磨的只是你一个人 |
[12:21] | if you’re the only one who suffers. | 那也许还有点意思 |
[12:23] | Nostradamus… | 诺查丹玛斯 |
[12:24] | I’ve come to offer you a deal. | 我是来和你做笔交易的 |
[12:27] | If you’ll say that | 如果你承认 |
[12:27] | you and my wife have been having an affair, | 和我妻子有私情 |
[12:29] | I’ll show mercy. | 我会法外开恩 |
[12:31] | Instead of death, your punishment | 不会处死你 你的惩罚将为 |
[12:32] | will be exile from France. | 被驱逐出法国 |
[12:35] | Is that so bad? | 这可以接受吧 |
[12:36] | You can pretend to tell fortunes | 你可以在德国或者西班牙 |
[12:38] | in Germany or Spain. | 继续玩预言那套把戏 |
[12:44] | I think not. | 我不接受 |
[12:46] | Well, there you are. | 这是你的选择 |
[12:47] | Loyalty’s an odd thing. | 忠诚有时真让人摸不着头脑 |
[12:49] | Heaven knows how you engender it, my dear. | 真不可思议啊 亲爱的 |
[12:55] | You must see how frustrating this is. | 你必须知道这有多让人沮丧 |
[12:58] | Clearly, you’re in Mary’s confidence. | 显然 玛丽已经完全相信你了 |
[13:01] | It was your own mother who took the baby away. | 是你的母亲带走了孩子 |
[13:04] | You must know where they’ve gone. | 你肯定知道他们去哪了 |
[13:05] | The Convent of St. Clare, Your Majesty. | 圣克莱尔女修道院 陛下 |
[13:08] | Yes, but we’ve been to the Convent of St. Clare, | 是的 但我们去过圣克莱尔女修道院 |
[13:11] | and there was no baby. | 那里没有婴儿 |
[13:13] | Where else would they go? | 他们还能去哪里 |
[13:16] | Where does your mother live? | 你母亲住在哪里 |
[13:26] | I dislike leaving you in the hands of my family, Jeanne. | 我不想让你落到我族人的手里 珍妮 |
[13:29] | Sometimes they lack my patience. | 他们可没我这么有耐心 |
[13:31] | But I simply don’t have the time to cajole the answers from you. | 但我没时间哄你说出答案 |
[13:41] | The risks Catherine talked about are real. | 凯瑟琳提到的危险是真的 |
[13:44] | You could marry me, | 你可能嫁给我 |
[13:46] | and I could be pulled down from the throne. | 我也可能被人从王位上拉下来 |
[13:47] | Or we could | 或者我们也可能 |
[13:49] | try for England and both lose our heads. | 赢得英格兰然后双双丢掉脑袋 |
[13:51] | Do you want to withdraw? | 你想退出吗 |
[13:52] | Give up our plans, | 放弃我们的计划 |
[13:53] | the legitimization? | 放弃继承权 |
[13:54] | No. No. I’m committed. | 不 不 我已经做出承诺 |
[13:57] | But I want you to commit. | 但我希望你也能做出承诺 |
[13:59] | – I have. – Politically. | -我承诺过 -只是在政治上 |
[14:00] | Is a political reward enough to justify the risks? | 政治上的利益足以让你冒险吗 |
[14:04] | It’s not for me, and I don’t believe it is for you. | 我不这么认为 相信你也有同感 |
[14:07] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[14:09] | since childhood, you were told that | 你自幼就被告知 |
[14:10] | Francis… was your destiny. | 弗朗西斯 是你命定的归属 |
[14:13] | Have you ever considered what might have been, | 你是否想过 若在你来到宫廷之时 |
[14:16] | if I were the Dauphin when you came to court | 王储是我 而不是我弟弟 |
[14:20] | instead of my brother? | 又将是怎么一番光景 |
[14:23] | If you came with your heart open… | 若你来时便敞开心扉… |
[14:25] | ready to love me? | 毫无保留地爱我呢 |
[14:30] | Oh, Mary, it’s terrible. | 玛丽 不好了 |
[14:31] | Jeanne, the wet nurse… | 乳母珍妮出事了… |
[14:43] | We were gentle, as you wished. | 我们没有下重手 谨遵您的吩咐 |
[14:46] | Our men simply stretched her a bit on the rack. | 只是对她略施了点小刑 |
[14:48] | And? | 结果呢 |
[14:49] | Her mother lives in Peronne. | 她母亲住在佩罗讷 |
[14:51] | I’ve already sent horsemen. | 我已命人快马赶去 |
[15:00] | She’s all right now. I saw her in the infirmary. | 她现已无大碍 我去医务室看过她 |
[15:02] | But she said to tell you that she’s worried. | 但她让我给你传话 她很担心 |
[15:04] | She said, “They know where my mother took the baby.” | 她说他们知道她母亲把孩子带去哪了 |
[15:07] | They’ll have sent men already. | 他们肯定已命人赶去了 |
[15:08] | We must get there first. | 我们必须赶在他们前头 |
[15:10] | The Medicis don’t know this countryside. | 梅第奇族人对法国乡村不熟 |
[15:12] | They’ll have to follow a map, | 他们肯定得依照地图前往 |
[15:13] | go by road. | 走的都是大路 |
[15:14] | We’ll cut over the hills. | 我们从山上抄近路过去 |
[15:34] | You’re going to get what you deserve. | 你会遭到报应的 |
[15:36] | You and Nostradamus. | 你和诺查丹玛斯都一样 |
[15:42] | Who are you, ghost? | 你是谁 幽灵 |
[15:44] | Why are you here? | 你为何而来 |
[15:49] | Come out into the light. | 走到亮处来吧 |
[15:51] | Where we can all see you! | 让我们看清你的真面目 |
[16:03] | I haven’t accepted the king’s offer. | 我没有接受国王的提议 |
[16:05] | I won’t betray you. | 我不会背叛你 |
[16:06] | I wonder if you’ve already betrayed me. | 我想知道你是否早已背叛了我 |
[16:09] | Tell me about the castle ghost. | 告诉我城堡幽灵是谁 |
[16:11] | Who, contrary to what you’ve repeatedly told me, | 我已经知道了 你隐瞒了事实 |
[16:13] | is not really a ghost. | 她并不是什么幽灵 |
[16:15] | You’ve seen her? | 你见过她了吗 |
[16:16] | And touched her bony little arm. | 还摸过她瘦骨嶙峋的手臂 |
[16:18] | Well, she has a grudge against me, | 她对我怀恨在心 |
[16:19] | and you, too, it seems. | 显然她也同样恨你 |
[16:20] | But you knew that, I’m sure! | 但我相信 你早已知情 |
[16:22] | Her name is Clarissa. | 她的名字是克拉丽莎 |
[16:24] | She’s forged a bond with Mary. | 她与玛丽结成了盟约 |
[16:27] | Sees herself as Mary’s defender. | 自愿保护玛丽 |
[16:29] | So, of course, she sees me as a threat. | 所以她把我看作威胁 |
[16:32] | And yet you have been hiding this danger from me. | 你竟敢将如此重大的危险欺瞒于我 |
[16:35] | How long has she been lurking in shadows, | 她在黑暗中潜伏了多久 |
[16:37] | listening to God knows what?! | 天知道她偷听了多少的秘密 |
[16:39] | I feel responsible for her. | 我觉得我得为她负责 |
[16:43] | It was the year of the great storm. | 大风暴来袭那年 |
[16:47] | My father came home through the floods | 我父亲从洪水中回来 |
[16:49] | with a newborn in his arms. | 还带回了一个婴儿 |
[16:51] | He wanted to see if he could correct her face. | 他试图恢复她的容貌 |
[16:55] | “Correct” it? | 什么意思 |
[16:57] | As the villagers said, | 正如村民们所说 |
[17:00] | “She was kissed by the devil.” | 她被恶魔亲吻过 |
[17:03] | You mean she had a birthmark? | 你的意思是她有胎记吗 |
[17:05] | Going up along one cheek. | 覆盖了半边脸颊 |
[17:09] | The mother insisted the mark be removed. | 她母亲坚持要除去这胎记 |
[17:12] | And my father… | 而我父亲… |
[17:14] | liked to experiment. | 则酷爱实验 |
[17:19] | He tried to remove it. | 他试图除去胎记 |
[17:20] | First, surgically… | 起初 是外科手术… |
[17:22] | then with potions. | 而后他转用药剂 |
[17:24] | He managed to peel and dissolve some of the stain, | 他成功淡化了一部分的印记 |
[17:27] | but the… the wounds putrefied. | 但伤口开始化脓腐烂 |
[17:30] | By the time he stopped, | 在他最终放弃时 |
[17:31] | she was horribly deformed. | 她的容貌已被毁得不堪入目 |
[17:38] | He didn’t tell the mother this? | 他没有将实情告知女孩的母亲吗 |
[17:41] | As soon as it went wrong, | 实验一出现差错 |
[17:43] | he hurried to cover his failure. | 他便匆忙地掩盖自己的失败 |
[17:45] | He told her the baby had died. | 他告诉那位母亲 孩子死了 |
[17:47] | Of natural causes. | 自然死亡 |
[17:50] | And he ordered me to expose the child in the woods. | 然后他命我将那孩子丢到森林里 |
[17:53] | Why did you disobey? | 你为何违抗他的命令 |
[17:55] | Perhaps I know what it’s like to be a freak. | 因为我知道身为怪胎的感受 |
[17:59] | I found a couple willing to take her in. | 我找到一对愿意收养她的夫妇 |
[18:02] | Paid them what I could. | 尽我所能补助他们 |
[18:04] | And yet, she ended up here. | 但是 她最终来到了这里 |
[18:08] | Some of the villagers said she was marked by the devil. | 一些村民说她被恶魔标记过 |
[18:13] | Children tormented her. | 孩子们都折磨她 |
[18:16] | They laughed, threw stones. | 他们嘲笑她 向她扔石头 |
[18:17] | Then one day, she broke. | 然后有一天 她爆发了 |
[18:20] | She tackled a boy, | 她抓住了一个男孩 |
[18:21] | and nearly beat him half to death. | 把他打个半死 |
[18:24] | So you brought this… | 所以你把这个 |
[18:26] | wretched, tortured savage here? | 饱受折磨的可怜野蛮人带到了这里吗 |
[18:29] | To live in the shadows? | 让她活在黑暗中 |
[18:30] | The shadows are the only life she has. | 她的生活中只有黑暗 |
[18:44] | I hear tomorrow’s a big day for me. | 听说明天是我的大日子 |
[18:48] | There was another option– you rejected it. | 本来有别的选择的 可你拒绝了 |
[18:52] | My hands are tied. | 我现在无能为力了 |
[18:54] | Who ties the hands of the king? | 谁能让国王无能为力 |
[18:56] | Other than a select lusty few? | 除了贪欲还能是什么呢 |
[18:59] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[19:00] | I feel better about this all the time. | 我对此一直感觉良好 |
[19:03] | Really, Henry, is this the best you could do? | 真的吗亨利 你就这点能耐吗 |
[19:05] | Adultery, with the court seer. | 说我和宫廷预言家通奸 |
[19:07] | Even the way I put you to death… | 就连我要置你于死地的手段 |
[19:09] | fails to meet your standards. | 你也百般挑剔 |
[19:12] | Well, perhaps you’re right. | 可能你是对的 |
[19:13] | It’s just hard to picture you in the arms of anyone | 很难想象你会为了国家 |
[19:15] | you’re not obliged to sleep with | 去和你没有婚姻关系的人 |
[19:17] | for reasons of state. | 上床 |
[19:20] | You’re incapable of love, I know that well enough. | 你冷酷无情 我相当了解这一点 |
[19:23] | So that’s the lie that you tell yourself to justify all this. | 你就是用这个谎言来自欺欺人吗 |
[19:26] | However our marriage began… | 无论我们是因何成婚 |
[19:28] | we came to love each other in those first years. | 在最初几年 我们逐渐爱上了对方 |
[19:30] | Don’t pretend that we didn’t. | 别睁眼说瞎话 |
[19:32] | Yes. That was a charming illusion you created… | 是的 在你厌倦并推开我之前 |
[19:35] | until you tired of it and pushed me away. | 你的确制造了这样一个迷人的假象 |
[19:37] | I pushed you away?! | 我推开你 |
[19:41] | Who brought Diane back to court? | 是谁把黛安带回宫廷的 |
[19:44] | Who had her pointedly in his lap during that meeting | 在和德国大使会面时 |
[19:47] | with the German ambassador? | 又是谁让她坐在大腿上的 |
[19:50] | Yes, I was childish. | 的确 我很幼稚 |
[19:53] | I was young, and a man doesn’t respond well | 我那时还年轻 当一个人的妻子 |
[19:55] | when his wife uses him as a studhorse to sire offspring. | 把他当成种马生嫡传儿子时 他无法自持 |
[19:59] | I was saving my life. | 我是为了保住我自己 |
[20:00] | Ten years without a child! | 十年无子 |
[20:02] | How many queens have been tossed aside, or beheaded | 有多少王后因为无法生下王储 |
[20:05] | for not providing an heir?! | 而被放逐或者斩首 |
[20:07] | My family warned me ahead of time… | 我的家族之前就警告过我… |
[20:08] | Oh, let’s not bring the damn Medicis into this! | 别把该死的梅第奇家族扯进来 |
[20:11] | You are the one who wanted me to perform with | 就是你 让我和欧洲半数的 |
[20:13] | quack medicines from half the doctors in Europe, | 庸医打过交道 |
[20:15] | but without the slightest hint of tenderness, or even liking. | 毫不留情 无比冷漠 |
[20:18] | I hurt your feelings. | 我伤害了你 |
[20:20] | The man who would have had me killed | 伤害你这个本会杀了我 |
[20:22] | and found another queen was annoyed | 再娶一个惹人厌王后的男人 |
[20:24] | – because I’m trying to… – I would not have killed you! | -因为我想… -我本不想杀你 |
[20:26] | Or put you aside! | 也没想废黜你 |
[20:30] | I was in love with you. | 我当时真的爱上你了 |
[20:32] | Could you not have trusted me? | 你就不能相信我吗 |
[20:34] | Trust you? | 相信你 |
[20:36] | You’re killing me now! | 你现在要杀我 |
[20:37] | We are not the same people. | 我们不是同一类人 |
[20:41] | Maybe I had something to do with that. | 也许我对此也有责任 |
[20:44] | Trust does not come easily to me. | 我不轻易相信人 |
[20:49] | I was always taught that love was delusion. | 我一直被告知爱都是幻觉 |
[20:51] | That people love what you can give them, | 人们爱的是你能带来的利益 |
[20:53] | and a queen… | 而一个王后 |
[20:57] | …what’s the use of might-have-beens? | 现在还提”本该如何”有什么用呢 |
[21:00] | It’s too late. | 为时过晚 |
[21:03] | Those two naive children are dead now. | 那两个天真的孩子已经死了 |
[21:08] | We killed them. | 是我们杀了他们 |
[21:15] | Did we? | 是吗 |
[21:18] | Let down your hair. | 放下你的头发 |
[21:23] | Let me look at you. | 让我好好看看你 |
[21:54] | Welcome, Your Grace, my Lord. | 欢迎 女王陛下 摄政王陛下 |
[21:57] | This is my nephew, Andrew. | 这是我侄子 安德鲁 |
[21:59] | Are you here to see the baby? | 你们是来看那个孩子的吗 |
[22:00] | She’s in the next room. | 她在隔壁的房间里 |
[22:01] | I just got her to sleep. | 我刚把她哄睡着 |
[22:03] | Oh, she’s still here! | 她还在这里 |
[22:04] | Of course, my lady. Where would she be? | 当然了 女王陛下 她还能在哪呢 |
[22:06] | No one’s come asking about her? | 没有人来找她吗 |
[22:08] | – No, my Lord. – Oh, we’re in time, then. | -没有 陛下 -那我们是赶上了 |
[22:10] | Agnes, we’re here to take the baby away, and it might | 艾格尼丝 我们是来把孩子带走的 |
[22:13] | be a good idea for you and your nephew to leave, as well. | 你和你的侄子最好也离开这里 |
[22:16] | Just for a while. | 一段时间就好 |
[22:17] | If you don’t, then… | 如果不这么办 就会 |
[22:18] | you-you might be questioned. | 你们可能会受到审问 |
[22:21] | There are people searching for the baby, | 有人在找这个孩子 |
[22:24] | and if they don’t find her, | 如果找不到她 |
[22:26] | they might think that you can tell them where she is. | 也许会认为你们能说出她的下落 |
[22:28] | Questioned? Who would want…? | 审问 谁还能… |
[22:35] | At least six horses. | 至少六匹马 |
[22:43] | Medicis. | 梅第奇的人 |
[22:45] | If they find us, they won’t need the baby. | 如果他们发现了我们 就不需要找孩子了 |
[22:46] | They can kill us here, now, where no one will know. | 他们会马上把我们杀掉 不会有人知道 |
[22:49] | And won’t that solve all Catherine’s problems! | 那凯瑟琳就得偿所愿了 |
[22:52] | Agnes, do you have another door? | 艾格尼丝 你家还有其他门吗 |
[22:53] | Or a window in the back? | 不然屋后的窗户也行 |
[22:55] | Somewhere to hide, then? | 那就找找能藏人的地方 |
[22:57] | There must be somewhere. | 肯定有地方可以躲藏 |
[22:59] | If those men find us, | 如果那些人发现我们 |
[23:01] | Queen Mary and me won’t be the only people to die here. | 就不仅是玛丽女王和我死在这里了 |
[23:04] | They’ll have to kill you and your nephew. | 他们还得杀掉你和你的侄子 |
[23:05] | You’ll be witnesses. | 因为你们是目击证人 |
[23:32] | I don’t want to do this to you. | 我不想这么对你 |
[23:36] | Then don’t. | 那就别 |
[23:45] | We’ve come for the baby, old woman. | 我们是来找婴儿的 老人家 |
[23:49] | Where is it? | 孩子在哪 |
[23:50] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[23:51] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[23:58] | What’s in there? | 那里面有什么 |
[24:00] | Sacks of grain and apples to store through the winter. | 为过冬准备的几袋粮食和苹果 |
[24:07] | Open it. | 打开 |
[24:08] | My son has the key. | 钥匙在我儿子手上 |
[24:09] | He’s not here. | 他不在家 |
[24:10] | There were two horses outside. | 外面明明有两匹马 |
[24:13] | Yes, my son and daughter-in-law are in from town. | 对 我儿子和儿媳从城里过来 |
[24:16] | They’re visiting the farm on the next hill. | 他们正在旁边山头的农场串门 |
[24:27] | What’s that, then? | 那这是什么 |
[24:39] | I guess you were telling the truth after all. | 看来你说的是实话 |
[24:50] | Go. | 走 |
[25:12] | Tomorrow’s witnesses have been canceled. | 明天证人不用来了 |
[25:14] | The inquiry is postponed. | 质询延期了 |
[25:17] | It seems Henry’s had misgivings. | 看样子亨利有所顾虑 |
[25:21] | He needs time to think. | 他需要时间考虑 |
[25:26] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[25:35] | It may be only in a temporary reprieve, | 可能这只是暂时缓刑 |
[25:37] | but at least I’ve achieved that. | 但至少我成功了 |
[25:39] | At the price of convincing the devil you’re married to | 付出的代价是让那个跟你结婚的魔鬼 |
[25:42] | that you love him. | 相信你真的爱他 |
[25:44] | I do love him, Richard. | 我确实爱他 理查德 |
[25:46] | I had to speak the truth. | 我不得不说实话 |
[25:49] | There are times when lies… | 有的时候谎言 |
[25:53] | lack sufficient power. | 缺乏说服力 |
[25:57] | Richard, no man has ever cared for me the way you do. | 理查德 没有人比你更在意我 |
[26:01] | You left court to throw off suspicion, | 你为了摆脱嫌疑离开了宫廷 |
[26:04] | and now you’ve returned… | 但现在你却回来了 |
[26:06] | to take up a task you despise, | 接手了自己所不屑的任务 |
[26:09] | and all to protect me. | 都是为了保护我 |
[26:11] | And for myself. | 这也是为了我自己 |
[26:13] | I dared not let Henry appoint someone else to prosecute you. | 我不敢让亨利指派别人向你提起诉讼 |
[26:18] | Who knows what they might have found? | 谁知道他们会发现什么 |
[26:19] | Don’t pretend to be self-interested, my dear. | 别假装是为了一己私利了 亲爱的 |
[26:23] | You never could pull it off. | 你敷衍不了我 |
[26:25] | Catherine, all these years without you, | 凯瑟琳 这些年没有你在身边 |
[26:30] | imagining you in Henry’s arms. | 只能想着你在亨利的怀里 |
[26:33] | Can’t you lie, | 你就不能撒一次谎 |
[26:35] | and say you love me best? | 说你最爱的人是我吗 |
[26:38] | I will always love you best, Richard, my heart. | 我一直都最爱你 理查德 我的心肝 |
[26:44] | You’re the one man I have never lied to. | 只有对你 我从未撒谎 |
[26:48] | Unless this is a lie. | 除非这句话就是谎言 |
[26:53] | For years, Catherine was unable to get pregnant. | 凯瑟琳很多年都怀不上孩子 |
[26:57] | She felt rejected by the king, humiliated | 她感觉自己被国王拒绝了 羞辱了 |
[27:00] | and frightened, I’m sure. | 一定很惊慌 |
[27:02] | A queen who can’t produce an heir? | 身为王后却无法孕育子嗣 |
[27:05] | So, she turned for comfort to someone else. | 所以她转而从别人那里获取安慰 |
[27:10] | Who? | 谁 |
[27:11] | I never saw his face. | 我没看到他的脸 |
[27:12] | But the notes, the secret letters that flew back and forth | 但是在她快要分娩时 经常会有便签 |
[27:16] | as the time came for her to give birth. | 还有秘密信件往来 |
[27:18] | The orders to her ladies-in-waiting, | 她给侍女的那些命令 |
[27:20] | the fear the King might find out. | 害怕国王会发现 |
[27:23] | She slapped one of the ladies, told her to be more careful. | 她扇了一位侍女一耳光 让她小心点 |
[27:28] | Servants are invisible to the highborn. | 贵族根本看不上奴仆 |
[27:32] | They think we aren’t even there. | 仿佛我们根本不存在 |
[27:36] | But we are. | 但我们在场 |
[27:37] | I saw how scared Catherine was. | 我看到了凯瑟琳有多害怕 |
[27:42] | Because it was the lover’s child, you see. | 因为那个孩子属于她的情人 |
[27:46] | Not Henry’s. | 而不是亨利 |
[27:58] | – And you’ll testify to this? – I will. | -你愿意作证吗 -是的 |
[28:01] | Mind you, I’m not one to wish my lady harm. | 先说清楚 我并不想伤害王后 |
[28:04] | If she hadn’t done such wickedness to my daughter… | 要不是她如此残忍地对待我的女儿 |
[28:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:08] | We all must protect those that we love. | 我们都必须保护所爱之人 |
[28:10] | Have you no evidence beyond notes | 你有证据吗 |
[28:12] | you say were exchanged, notes you never read? | 除了那些信件 你从未读过的信件 |
[28:16] | I thought you wanted to convict the Queen. | 你不是想给王后定罪吗 |
[28:18] | I just want to be sure of the truth. | 我只是想确定事实 |
[28:20] | Well, that’s new. | 真没想到啊 |
[28:23] | Why should you think the child wasn’t mine? | 你为什么觉得孩子不是我的 |
[28:25] | What color were its eyes? | 孩子的眼睛是什么颜色 |
[28:27] | – I can’t say. – My Lord, | -我不知道 -陛下 |
[28:29] | I’m afraid the witness doesn’t seem that helpful. | 看来所谓的证人并不能帮到我们 |
[28:32] | I could take her and question her further. | 我可以带她走 继续审问她 |
[28:33] | I barely noticed the eyes, | 我没有注意到眼睛 |
[28:36] | for the birthmark over half her cheek. | 因为她的脸上全是胎记 |
[28:38] | – Birthmark? – The child was born | -胎记 -孩子的脸上 |
[28:40] | with a port-wine stain just above her lip. | 唇瓣的上方 有红色胎记 |
[28:43] | The Queen reacted unfavorably to it. | 王后看到之后很不快 |
[28:46] | The girl was handed off to Nostradamus’s father, | 女孩被交给了诺查丹玛斯的父亲 |
[28:49] | the court surgeon, | 那位宫廷医生 |
[28:50] | and must have died soon after, poor thing. | 孩子应该很快就夭折了 真可怜 |
[29:29] | It’s not here. | 没有 |
[29:29] | The pagan mark isn’t here. | 异教徒的标记不见了 |
[29:32] | What baby did you take? | 你带来的是哪个孩子 |
[29:33] | This is the same child. She was with the midwife. | 就是这个孩子 她在接生婆那里 |
[29:35] | She’s useless to me! Useless! | 她根本没用 没用 |
[29:39] | What do you want me to do with her? | 那这个孩子怎么办 |
[29:41] | What do I care? | 关我什么事 |
[29:42] | Send her to a convent. | 送她去修道院 |
[29:48] | The King wishes to see you. | 国王想见你 |
[29:53] | Richard, my old companion. | 理查德 我曾经的同伴 |
[29:56] | How many taverns did we shut down when we were younger? | 我们年轻时 曾一起逛过无数酒馆 |
[30:01] | I remember how that birthmark runs in your family. | 我记得这个红色胎记是你们家的遗传 |
[30:04] | You were the first of my friends to grow a beard, weren’t you? | 朋友里 你最先蓄起了胡须 对吗 |
[30:07] | You’re going to kill me, aren’t you? | 你打算杀了我 对吗 |
[30:10] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[30:11] | That you’re sorry! | 道歉 |
[30:14] | You were my friend, and she was my wife. | 你曾是我的朋友 而她是我的妻子 |
[30:21] | I’m sorry I couldn’t save you. | 很抱歉我没能救你 |
[30:22] | A short good-bye, I know. | 你没来得及道别 我知道 |
[30:23] | If you need more time together, | 如果你还想陪他 |
[30:24] | I can have his head delivered to your chambers within the hour. | 我很快就可以叫人把他的头送到你的房间 |
[30:28] | Always generous in victory. | 你赢了之后总是这么大方 |
[30:30] | It is victory. | 我确实赢了 |
[30:31] | There is enough for the ecclesiastical | 这些证据足以使基督教庭的人 |
[30:33] | court to render a guilty verdict. | 作出有罪裁决 |
[30:34] | And then you can have your way unobstructed. | 然后你的权力之路就会畅通无阻了 |
[30:37] | And put the son of your choice on the throne. | 想让哪个儿子当王都可以 |
[30:40] | Pagan sympathizer though he is. | 哪怕他是异教支持者 |
[30:42] | What? | 什么 |
[30:43] | Oh, I could be wrong. | 可能我说错了 |
[30:44] | He might not be a pagan sympathizer. | 他也许不是异教支持者 |
[30:45] | He might simply be a pagan, like his mother. | 他就是异教徒 跟他母亲一样 |
[30:48] | How dare you make these wild, baseless accusations? | 你怎么敢信口雌黄 说出这样的无稽之谈 |
[30:51] | You have no proof! | 你根本没有证据 |
[30:55] | I’m sure this is familiar, Henry. | 你看着眼熟吗 亨利 |
[30:57] | Diane kept it in her chambers. | 这是黛安房间里的 |
[30:59] | Oh, it’s just a charming, decorative sculpture. | 是啊 这只是个美丽的装饰雕塑 |
[31:03] | If you had ever cared to read | 如果你碰巧读过 |
[31:04] | Nostradamus’s books on Pagan lore, you would know | 诺查丹玛斯写的异教徒知识书 你会知道 |
[31:07] | that this represents the soul of its owner. | 这个代表着所有者的灵魂 |
[31:11] | It’s meant to be kept in the lover’s home, | 应该留在爱人的房间里 |
[31:13] | so the lover’s soul can be kept close to one’s own. | 这样相爱的灵魂便可紧紧相依 |
[31:16] | It’s very pretty, if heretical. | 非常浪漫 尽管是异教思想 |
[31:27] | Diane’s soul. | 黛安的灵魂 |
[31:29] | Lovely, if a bit lightweight. | 很可爱 但是太轻浮 |
[31:32] | Father, let me speak. | 父亲 我想反驳 |
[31:34] | Silence. | 安静 |
[31:35] | You’ll have your turn. | 会轮到你的 |
[31:37] | Let’s face it, Henry. What good is a Catholic claim to England | 直面它吧 亨利 当法国充斥异教时 |
[31:41] | when heresy abounds here in France? | 天主教徒在英格兰称王有何好处 |
[31:43] | The rumors alone could splinter your realm | 单是谣言就会使国家破碎 |
[31:46] | and destroy your entire legacy. | 毁掉你所有的遗产 |
[31:47] | Father, she’s lying! She planted the evidence. | 父亲 她在说谎 证据是她捏造的 |
[31:49] | Silence! | 安静 |
[31:52] | I’ve been betrayed sufficiently for one day. | 今天我被背叛的次数够多了 |
[31:55] | Go on. | 接着说 |
[31:56] | Yes. | 是 |
[31:58] | I can see how you might suspect I had planted the evidence. | 我能猜到你在怀疑是我捏造了证据 |
[32:02] | But as it happens, you’ve had two guards accompanying me | 但是你一直让两名守卫监视着我 |
[32:04] | wherever I go. | 随时随地 |
[32:05] | How ironic that they are now my witnesses. | 讽刺的是他们现在倒成我的证人了 |
[32:12] | Bellows? | 贝洛斯 |
[32:16] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[32:18] | Did you see the queen find this object? | 你看到王后找到这东西了吗 |
[32:20] | Yes, my lord. | 是的 陛下 |
[32:21] | She told us to come in and witness that | 她让我们进屋见证 |
[32:23] | everything was above board. | 一切都不是捏造的 |
[32:25] | That thing was in a chest on the table. | 那东西在桌上的一个箱子里 |
[32:27] | Queen Catherine didn’t plant it there. | 不是凯瑟琳王后放在那里的 |
[32:30] | Would you be willing to testify to this publicly? | 你愿意当众作证这件事吗 |
[32:35] | I will speak the truth, my Lord. | 我会陈述事实的 陛下 |
[32:54] | And you? | 你呢 |
[32:57] | Did you see anything? | 你看到什么了吗 |
[32:59] | No, my Lord, I saw nothing. | 陛下 我什么都没看见 |
[33:06] | You don’t need to teach me how rumors work. | 不用你来教我怎么让谣言成势 |
[33:08] | I know it, and I know the time to quash them | 因为我知道 我还知道 |
[33:11] | is when they’re still in the seed. | 谣言处在萌芽时就该除掉它 |
[33:12] | You’re letting your lust for England blind you! | 你对英格兰的贪婪蒙蔽了你的双眼 |
[33:14] | I’ve had a lot of time to think about that, | 在我可能拿到英格兰前 |
[33:16] | well before England became a possibility. | 我有充足的时间考虑过 |
[33:19] | As it happens, Diane chose to share her secret with me. | 事实上 黛安已经选择把秘密告诉我了 |
[33:22] | It took some years for her to trust me. | 我用了几年时间才使她信任我 |
[33:24] | I’m glad she did. | 我很高兴 |
[33:26] | She wanted to put her past behind her, | 她想忘掉过去 |
[33:28] | to have a new life with me. | 和我有新的生活 |
[33:30] | I’d hoped once the same might be true with you, | 我曾经设想你也会这样 |
[33:33] | that you could put your family behind you and we’d grow closer, | 把家族放在脑后 与我亲密无间 |
[33:37] | but every year shows me how deep your Medici blood goes. | 但时间越长 你的梅第奇血统越浓厚 |
[33:41] | You wouldn’t have minded my Medici blood | 要不是我的背叛戳中你的痛处 |
[33:44] | if the hurt of my betrayal wasn’t stinging you right now. | 你根本不会介意我的梅第奇血统 |
[33:48] | I know how that feels. | 我知道这种感觉 |
[33:52] | Well played. | 做得好 |
[34:04] | Lesson for the day: next time you see a threat, | 今天的教训是 下次看到威胁 |
[34:07] | large or small, you cut it down like a weed. | 无论是大是小 一定要斩草除根 |
[34:11] | Understand? | 明白吗 |
[34:13] | Yes. | 明白 |
[34:30] | You’ve disgraced yourself and our family. | 你给家族和你自己丢脸了 |
[34:34] | By what, adultery? | 因为什么 通奸吗 |
[34:36] | How many of our family have taken lovers? | 我们家族里多少人有情人 |
[34:39] | Including the Popes. | 包括教皇 |
[34:40] | You’ve disgraced us by losing. | 丢脸是因为你输了 |
[34:43] | Yes. | 是 |
[34:47] | I can attempt escape. | 我可以尝试逃走 |
[34:48] | With our money, I can fashion a bribe like no other. | 用我们的钱 我可以前所未有的大笔贿赂 |
[34:50] | You can give me refuge in Italy. | 你可以帮我在意大利提供避难所 |
[34:53] | We can give you this. | 我们可以给你这个 |
[34:57] | I saw the way you looked at the execution block. | 我见到了你看行刑用具的眼神 |
[34:59] | This is kinder than the ax. | 这个比挨斧子应该好受些 |
[35:02] | And less vulgar in the eyes of the family. | 在族人看来也没那么粗俗 |
[35:04] | Safe voyage, Queen Catherine. | 一路顺风 凯瑟琳 |
[35:19] | Queen Catherine is just the first, isn’t she? | 凯瑟琳王后是第一个 不是吗 |
[35:22] | I suppose my cousin Elizabeth is on that list, too. | 我想我的表亲伊丽莎白也会被杀 |
[35:26] | That’s the deal I made with the king. | 我和国王就是这样约定的 |
[35:28] | Mary, claiming England means nothing to me. | 玛丽 称王英格兰对我来说毫无意义 |
[35:33] | I was only interested in claiming you. | 我只想拥有你 |
[35:36] | If you want to change your mind… | 如果你想改变主意… |
[35:37] | Henry will never permit it. | 亨利一定不会同意的 |
[35:40] | The decision is yours. | 决定权在你手上 |
[35:42] | And if Henry stands in the way, | 如果亨利阻挠 |
[35:45] | I’ll kill him for you. | 我会为你杀了他 |
[35:48] | Did you hear his advice today? | 你听到了他今天的建议了吗 |
[35:49] | To cut down any threat? | 消灭一切威胁 |
[35:51] | He put my head on the chopping block to threaten you. | 他拿我的生命来威胁你 |
[35:55] | Anyone who threatens you or terrorizes you or harms you, | 任何威胁你 吓唬你或伤害你的人 |
[36:00] | I will cut down. | 我都会消灭 |
[36:02] | Even my father. | 即使是我父亲 |
[36:04] | You’re always saying that you’re not Francis. | 你总是说你不是弗朗西斯 |
[36:08] | I can see that now. | 我现在能看出来了 |
[36:09] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[36:11] | My brother is more civilized. | 我弟弟更彬彬有礼 |
[36:14] | He plays by the rules. | 他按规则出牌 |
[36:18] | Bash? | 巴斯 |
[36:21] | Yes. You frighten me sometimes. | 对 你有时会吓到我 |
[36:25] | And exhilarate me, | 但也鼓励了我 |
[36:26] | and challenge me to do things I never thought I could. | 去挑战那些我以为永远做不到的事 |
[36:30] | You don’t have to be Francis. | 你不必成为弗朗西斯 |
[36:33] | You’re sure? | 你确定 |
[36:35] | Because there’ll be no turning back. | 因为这样再也回不了头了 |
[36:39] | You asked me if things might have been different | 你问我如果我对你敞开心扉 |
[36:41] | if I had come to you with an open heart. | 事情是不是会变得有所不同 |
[36:53] | My heart is open. | 我的心已经对你敞开了 |
[38:43] | Oh, don’t overreact. | 不用这么惊讶 |
[38:44] | The guards are outside the door if you want to shout. | 要是你想叫的话 守卫就在门外 |
[38:47] | Meanwhile, there’s no one | 同时 除我之外 |
[38:48] | to see you in your altogether except me. | 也没人见到你的裸体 |
[38:51] | How are you allowed to wander around the castle? | 怎么会允许你在城堡四处游荡 |
[38:53] | Well, I told them I was preparing an appeal | 我告诉他们我准备 |
[38:55] | to be lodged with the ecclesiastical court. | 向教会法庭提出上诉 |
[38:58] | Of course, we all know how pointless that would be. | 当然了 我们都知道那是多么毫无意义 |
[39:04] | Don’t call out. | 别叫 |
[39:06] | This is madness. | 你简直是丧心病狂 |
[39:07] | A few days ago, I’d have thought so. | 几天前 我可没料到会是这样 |
[39:09] | Now I have no alternative. | 现在我别无选择 |
[39:11] | We both must die. | 我们都必须要死 |
[39:12] | You’ve already lost. | 你已经输了 |
[39:14] | You have nothing to gain from killing me. | 杀了我你得不到任何好处 |
[39:16] | I’m a mother. | 我是个母亲 |
[39:18] | And a mother who won’t be here | 要不是为了确保自己孩子的安全 |
[39:19] | to be sure that her children are safe. | 我才不会到这里来 |
[39:22] | But I can give them one thing. | 我可以为他们做一件事 |
[39:24] | I can remove you before I go. | 我可以在我死前让你消失 |
[39:26] | I mean your children no harm. | 我没想伤害你的孩子 |
[39:28] | What do your good intentions matter? | 你的好意又有什么用呢 |
[39:31] | I kill you, | 我杀了你 |
[39:32] | and the marriage with Sebastian is gone. | 你同塞巴斯蒂安的婚姻便化为幻影 |
[39:35] | My children’s inheritance restored. | 我孩子便能恢复继承权 |
[39:38] | I kill you, and ensure that you can never be | 我杀了你 就能确保 |
[39:40] | the cause of Francis’s death. | 弗朗西斯不会因你而死 |
[39:44] | It’s the best legacy that I can offer. | 这是我能留下的最好的遗产了 |
[39:54] | I hope you’ll excuse the choice of poison. | 希望你能原谅我选择了毒药这种死法 |
[39:56] | I know death takes a bit longer. | 我知道死亡过程时间有点长 |
[39:59] | But I didn’t want to be cruel. | 但我不想那么残忍 |
[40:01] | I promise that you’ll feel no pain. | 我保证你不会感觉到疼痛 |
[40:21] | Who goes there? | 谁在那儿 |
[40:22] | Your Grace?! | 女王陛下 |
[40:28] | Wake up, Mother! | 醒一醒 母亲 |
[40:30] | Wake up, Mother! | 醒一醒 母亲 |
[40:31] | Open the door now! | 把门打开 |
[40:33] | Wake up, Mother! | 醒一醒 母亲 |
[40:35] | Wake up, Mother. | 醒一醒 母亲 |
[40:38] | No. | 不 |
[40:41] | They told me you were dead. | 他们告诉我你死了 |
[40:42] | – Open the door! – You should be dead. | -打开门 -你应该死了才对啊 |
[40:47] | And so should I. | 我也应该死了啊 |
[40:48] | But I’m saving you. | 但我救了你 |
[40:51] | Get away from me! Go! | 滚开 滚 |
[40:54] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[40:59] | Wait! | 等一等 |
[41:00] | Don’t touch them. They might be poisoned. | 别碰她们 她们可能被下毒了 |
[41:03] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[41:08] | Mary. Are you all right? What happened? | 玛丽 你还好吗 发生什么了 |
[41:16] | Catherine tried to kill me. | 凯瑟琳想要杀了我 |
[41:20] | Take her away. | 带她走 |
[41:22] | Chain her up like the animal she is! | 把这个禽兽锁起来 |
[41:31] | You should have left France while you had the chance! | 你当时就该离开法国的 |
[41:33] | He’s a man with secrets. | 他是个满身秘密的男人 |
[41:34] | You’ve made a choice that will be your ruin! | 你的选择会毁了你自己 |
[41:37] | I know who he is. | 我知道他是谁 |
[41:39] | And I’ve made the perfect choice. | 我已经做出了最佳选择 |
[41:41] | Because together, we have killed you. | 因为我们在一起能把你杀了 |