时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | It’s not what we chose. | 这并非我们选择的 |
[00:34] | We’re married before king and God. | 我们是在国王和上帝面前结婚的 |
[00:36] | You are pregnant with my husband’s child. | 而你又怀上了我丈夫的骨肉 |
[00:38] | And if Francis finds out… | 如果弗朗西斯发现了… |
[00:39] | I will do my very best to marry. | 我会尽我所能嫁给他 |
[00:41] | The beautiful creature standing beside me | 我身边的这位美人… |
[00:43] | has agreed to be my wife! | 答应做我的妻子了 |
[00:45] | – Have you changed your mind? – I’m pregnant. | -你改主意了吗 -我怀孕了 |
[00:47] | You look very pretty. | 你很漂亮 |
[00:49] | Perhaps it is time to rejoin society. | 或许是时候重回社交圈了 |
[00:50] | I can give you the pleasure you offer others. | 你带给别人的快感 我也能给予你 |
[00:53] | These days he seems infatuated by Penelope. | 这些天他好像被佩内洛普迷住了 |
[00:55] | Barely even notices affairs of state. | 甚至都不关心国事了 |
[00:56] | You are ill… you could do harm to yourself, to France. | 你病了 你可能会伤害自己和法国 |
[01:00] | We have waited a long time | 我们已经等待了许久 |
[01:02] | for you to rise. | 等待您崛起反抗 |
[01:03] | If it ever becomes a choice between our two countries, | 如果要在两个国家中作出选择 |
[01:06] | I will choose mine. | 我会选我的祖国 |
[01:11] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[01:12] | A wedding ring. | 婚戒 |
[01:13] | It’s modest, I know. | 不太华丽 我知道 |
[01:15] | It belonged to my grandmother. | 这是我祖母的 |
[01:17] | I thought Diane de Poitiers came from money. | 我还以为黛安·德·波蒂出身富庶 |
[01:20] | Well, if you don’t want it… | 如果你不想要… |
[01:21] | I didn’t say that. | 我没说不想要 |
[01:23] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[01:26] | Well, why? | 为什么给我呢 |
[01:27] | We’re married. | 我们结婚了 |
[01:27] | We can’t be un-married. | 总得做出个样子来 |
[01:29] | I thought we’d agreed to at least try. | 我们总得尽力试试看 |
[01:32] | How romantic. | 真浪漫 |
[01:34] | Yes, let’s… | 那么 就… |
[01:36] | try. | 试试看吧 |
[01:38] | Well, there’s a promising start. | 起码开端不错 |
[01:43] | They’ve spared no expense for Lola’s wedding. | 萝拉这婚礼真是空前盛大啊 |
[01:46] | Bares no resemblance to mine. | 我当时的婚礼可简单得很 |
[01:47] | Try not to be bitter on Lola’s special day. | 这是萝拉大喜的日子 别那么酸溜溜的 |
[01:50] | Kenna, Greer, I found you! | 肯娜 葛瑞尔 终于找到你们了 |
[01:52] | Look at this necklace Julien just gave me. | 快看朱利安刚送我的项链 |
[01:54] | Well, now I am bitter. | 现在我是真心酸了 |
[01:55] | Those sapphires are the size of grapes. | 这蓝宝石跟葡萄一样大 |
[01:58] | It’s gorgeous. | 太美了 |
[01:59] | But why are you talking to Julien before your wedding? | 可是 婚礼前你为什么要找朱利安 |
[02:00] | And why aren’t you dressed? | 还有 你怎么还没穿戴好 |
[02:02] | The ceremony’s in less than an hour. | 再有不到一小时 典礼就要开始了 |
[02:03] | Wish me luck. And happiness. | 祝我好运吧 祝我幸福 |
[02:06] | With all of our hearts. | 衷心祝福你 |
[02:09] | I think they have a chance. | 他们的婚姻也许能长久 |
[02:11] | She seems so hopeful and excited. | 她满心的期待与兴奋 |
[02:13] | You’re next. | 接下来就轮到你了 |
[02:14] | Once Castleroy returns from his business. | 卡斯尔雷一回来就万事俱备了 |
[02:16] | We haven’t set a date yet. | 我们连婚期都没定 |
[02:17] | You might as well as it’s inevitable. | 这是迟早要定的 |
[02:20] | Your reputation can’t do with a broken engagement. | 如果悔婚 你将颜面尽失 |
[02:22] | Thank you for the reminder. | 谢谢提醒 |
[02:23] | At least Castleroy’s title is real. | 至少卡斯尔雷是贵族身份 |
[02:25] | Well, the Master of Horse and Hunt | 尽管骑马狩猎之主 |
[02:28] | may not have any lands but… | 不会有封地 |
[02:30] | at least Bash is young and handsome. | 起码你的巴斯年轻英俊 |
[02:32] | I suppose he is, isn’t he? | 这倒是 |
[02:35] | How are things between you two? | 你们相处得如何 |
[02:36] | I don’t know. | 不好说 |
[02:38] | I can sense that he’s trying. | 能看出来他在努力维持婚姻 |
[02:39] | But the fact that he has to… | 他不得不这样 |
[02:40] | imagine how awful our wedding was, how monstrous… | 想想我们的婚礼多么糟糕 多么荒诞 |
[02:43] | Lady Kenna? | 肯娜小姐 |
[02:48] | Your Grace. | 国王陛下 |
[02:50] | I can see by your dress | 瞧你这身打扮 |
[02:51] | that you’re still trying to… | 你还是想要… |
[02:54] | impress your king. | 魅惑我 |
[02:59] | It’s working. | 你成功了 |
[03:07] | Don’t hide yourself away. | 别躲起来 |
[03:10] | Or I’ll have to come find you. | 别逼我到处找你 |
[03:14] | This… | 这东西… |
[03:15] | itches. | 不舒服 |
[03:24] | How is this marriage ever going to work? | 我的婚姻怎么可能长久 |
[03:40] | Oh, dear. Did I step on your toes? | 亲爱的 我踩到你了吗 |
[03:43] | Are those tears of pain? | 为什么流泪呢 |
[03:44] | No. | 不是 |
[03:46] | I’m just so grateful. | 我只是很感恩 |
[03:48] | You’re too good to me. | 我怎么配得上你 |
[03:49] | Do go on, wife. | 说下去 我的妻 |
[03:50] | This day, this necklace, | 我感恩这婚礼 这项链 |
[03:53] | marrying me, even in my situation. | 感恩发生了这一切后 你依然娶我 |
[03:56] | No more of that talk. | 这种话以后不要说了 |
[03:58] | I’ve only given you what you deserve. | 这些都是你应得的 |
[04:01] | From now on, we’re in this together. | 从今以后 我们并肩而行 |
[04:03] | No secrets, no shame. | 没有秘密 没有耻辱 |
[04:05] | Just the two of us on the adventure of our lives. | 我们将共度余生 |
[04:16] | Pleased to see you enjoying yourself. | 看到你这么开心 我很高兴 |
[04:18] | It wasn’t so long ago you were ready | 就在不久之前 |
[04:19] | to rain anarchy down on this place. | 你还试图抛弃王位 叛离这里 |
[04:22] | It wasn’t so long ago that your parents were trying | 不久之前 你的双亲还试图欺骗我 |
[04:24] | to trick me into bequeathing them Scotland. | 将苏格兰作为遗赠留给他们呢 |
[04:26] | That’s enough merriment for you two. | 你侬我侬到此为止 |
[04:28] | We have problems. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[04:31] | Well, then. | 那好吧 |
[04:34] | Mother, what’s so wrong that it can’t wait the length of a dance? | 母亲 什么事这么紧急 一曲都等不了 |
[04:37] | That impatient-looking man over there | 那边一脸不耐烦的那人 |
[04:39] | is Cardinal Morosini, the Pope’s new envoy. | 是摩罗辛尼主教 教皇的新任大使 |
[04:41] | Don’t look now. | 别回头看 |
[04:43] | I thought the cardinal wasn’t due for another week. | 我以为红衣主教下周才能到 |
[04:45] | The weather cleared in the Alps, and he left early. | 阿尔卑斯山脉天气放晴 他提前出发了 |
[04:48] | He came all this way to see Henry. | 他此行就是为了见亨利 |
[04:51] | But your father seems to have chosen not to attend. | 但你父亲拒绝出席 |
[04:54] | Well, maybe that’s a blessing, seeing how Father is feeling. | 鉴于父亲目前的状况 这未尝不是好事 |
[04:58] | Can’t the cardinal be told that the king’s indisposed? | 不能告诉主教说 国王身体染恙吗 |
[05:00] | For an entire week? | 一整周都好不了吗 |
[05:02] | That’s how long the cardinal is staying. | 主教要在这里待一周 |
[05:05] | He wants to renegotiate leases on the Pope’s tenancies in France. | 他要重新谈判教皇在法国的租约 |
[05:09] | We depend on that income. | 我们需要这笔租金 |
[05:11] | Can’t you negotiate with him? | 您不能跟他谈判吗 |
[05:13] | Let’s just say that the cardinal wasn’t my choice | 就目前情况来看 主教是我最不想见的人 |
[05:15] | for his current position, and he’s well aware of it. | 他自己也深知这一点 |
[05:18] | There might be another way. | 这不难解决 |
[05:19] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[05:26] | I’m not sure about this. | 这办法稳妥吗 |
[05:28] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[05:28] | Just follow my lead. | 跟我来就好了 |
[05:30] | Cardinal Morosini, | 摩罗辛尼主教 |
[05:31] | what an honor and a pleasure to meet you. | 很荣幸见到您 |
[05:33] | Your Grace, a pleasure indeed. | 女王陛下 不胜荣幸 |
[05:37] | Dauphin. | 王储殿下 |
[05:39] | You’ll forgive our presumptions. | 恕我们冒昧 |
[05:40] | We thought you might agree, | 你也许也赞同 |
[05:42] | as Francis and I are | 法国与苏格兰的未来 |
[05:43] | the future of France and Scotland, | 寄托在弗朗西斯和我身上 |
[05:44] | and you are the future of Rome, | 而你则是罗马未来的依靠 |
[05:46] | that we might discuss the, uh, um… | 我们该好好谈谈… |
[05:49] | how should I say it? | 怎么说呢 |
[05:51] | The intimacies of our Papal relations? | 因同一信仰而存在的私事吧 |
[05:54] | I’m not sure what you mean. | 我不太懂您的意思 |
[05:55] | Well, you’re here to discuss rents and tenancies, yes? | 你是来协商租金和租约的 不是吗 |
[05:58] | With King Henry, indeed. | 是 但要和亨利国王协商 |
[06:00] | I’m sure Henry will sign off on anything that we agree on. | 只要我们达成一致了 国王想必不会反对 |
[06:04] | Tell me, are cardinals permitted to dance? | 请问 主教可否赏光跳支舞呢 |
[06:07] | To further the interests of Rome, | 为了罗马的长远发展 |
[06:09] | why not? | 何乐而不为 |
[06:10] | Then let us go further. | 那就为长远发展跳一支吧 |
[06:16] | Have you learned anything? | 你怎么还如此没长进 |
[06:18] | Where is Henry? | 亨利国王呢 |
[06:19] | Queen Penelope told me to tell you that the king is quite | 佩内洛普皇后说 国王现在… |
[06:23] | tied up. | 脱不开身 |
[06:27] | Oh, Good Lord. | 主啊 |
[06:31] | Where is Penelope? | 佩内洛普呢 |
[06:33] | She’s gone to get supplies. | 她去买玩意儿了 |
[06:35] | The waiting is horrible. | 等待真是煎熬 |
[06:37] | I love it. | 不过我喜欢 |
[06:38] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[06:39] | that girl is humiliating us. | 那贱妇在羞辱我们 |
[06:41] | She’s a thief. She’s looting the castle. | 她是个贼 她在侵吞我们的财产 |
[06:43] | There are rumors that you have gifted her an entire estate. | 有传言说你赏了她一大片封地 |
[06:48] | She deserves it. | 她应得的 |
[06:49] | People are talking about your behavior. | 所有人都对你颇有微词 |
[06:53] | Her control over you. | 她将你牢牢牵制住 |
[06:55] | Rumors could reach the Vatican. | 留言已传到梵蒂冈 |
[06:58] | Is the Cardinal already here? | 主教已经来了吗 |
[07:00] | You’ve had your fun with the girl. | 你跟你的情妇玩够了吧 |
[07:02] | But it has to stop. Now. | 现在必须停止了 |
[07:03] | I will not be so demeaned by a woman! | 我不会让一个女人这样驱使我 |
[07:07] | Yes, I can see that. | 是啊 我看得出来 |
[07:13] | Your Grace, I’ve come to announce | 陛下 莫里伯爵 |
[07:15] | the arrival of James Stewart, Earl of Moray. | 詹姆斯·斯图尔特已经驾到了 |
[07:20] | My Lord Earl of Moray. | 莫里伯爵大人 |
[07:22] | Why are you still on your knees? | 你为什么还跪着 |
[07:24] | Your Grace, I always kneel before my Queen. | 陛下 我永远都为女王下跪 |
[07:26] | Please, stand up. I am also your sister. | 起来吧 我同时也是你的妹妹 |
[07:29] | Half sister. | 同父异母的妹妹 |
[07:32] | Oh, James, you’ve grown a beard. | 詹姆斯 你长胡子了 |
[07:33] | It suits you. | 看起来很适合你 |
[07:36] | Why didn’t you tell me that you were coming? | 为什么不告诉我你要来 |
[07:38] | There was no time. | 没时间了 |
[07:39] | Your mother, Marie de Guise, is in trouble. | 您母亲玛莉·德·吉斯有麻烦了 |
[07:42] | And she needs your help. | 她需要您的帮助 |
[07:44] | Yes, we fund her troubles. | 是我们故意让她陷入麻烦的 |
[07:46] | Mary, this is real. | 玛丽 这次是来真的 |
[07:48] | And the French help you sent hasn’t proved a solution. | 您送去的法国援兵并没有起什么作用 |
[07:51] | It’s rather the problem. | 这其实是麻烦所在 |
[07:52] | Well, I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[07:54] | Your mother is French, | 您母亲是法国人 |
[07:55] | and so are half the men she has running Scotland’s affairs. | 处理苏格兰国事的一半官员也是 |
[07:58] | Scots want their affairs managed | 苏格兰人希望由本国人 |
[07:59] | by men who share their nationality. | 来处理国事 |
[08:02] | And they want it more passionately every day. | 而他们的盼望越来越热切 |
[08:04] | And why hasn’t my mother attended to this problem? | 那为什么我母亲不解决这个问题 |
[08:06] | I’m not sure she sees it or cares. | 也许没注意 也许根本不在乎 |
[08:09] | Scots are a crude people to her. | 苏格兰人对她来说太粗鲁了 |
[08:11] | In need of French leadership. | 她想要法国人来领导 |
[08:12] | You have always resented my mother. | 你一直憎恨我母亲 |
[08:16] | But she serves me. | 但是她效忠于我 |
[08:19] | Are you sure | 你能确定 |
[08:21] | it is not me that you truly resent? | 你真正憎恨的不是我吗 |
[08:23] | Are you sure it’s not my rule you wish to change? | 你确定不是想推翻我的政权吗 |
[08:26] | If it were, | 如果是真的 |
[08:27] | do you think i’d have come here to tip my hand? | 您觉得我会到这里来作茧自缚吗 |
[08:30] | Then why are you here? | 那你为什么要来 |
[08:32] | Do you want me to tell my mother to bring more Scots | 你想让我告诉我母亲 多招点苏格兰人 |
[08:34] | – into her government? – One will do. | -掌握实权吗 -一个就够了 |
[08:36] | For the moment. | 就现在来说 |
[08:37] | Who? You? | 谁 你吗 |
[08:39] | You. | 你 |
[08:40] | Scotland needs to see her Queen. | 苏格兰人需要见他们的女王 |
[08:44] | To bow before her as I do, | 在她面前如我一样俯首称臣 |
[08:46] | with pride and with duty. | 带着荣耀与使命 |
[08:48] | Come home to Scotland. | 回家吧 回到苏格兰 |
[08:50] | Come home. | 回家吧 |
[09:01] | Now? You want to go to Scotland now? | 现在吗 你想现在就回苏格兰吗 |
[09:02] | James says it’s now or never. | 詹姆斯说 如果现在不走就回不去了 |
[09:04] | The Scots feel occupied by their French allies. | 苏格兰人感觉国家快被法国同盟给占领了 |
[09:07] | If we don’t act now, | 如果我们现在不行动 |
[09:08] | they could end up hating you more than they hate the English. | 可能比起英格兰人 他们会更恨你 |
[09:10] | It needs attention, I can see that. | 我知道我们得重视这事 |
[09:12] | But why does it need your attention in person? | 但为什么要你本人亲自过问 |
[09:15] | So they can see that they still have a Scottish queen. | 这样他们才能感到他们还有苏格兰女王 |
[09:18] | So I can strengthen my mother’s rule. | 以此加强我母亲的统治 |
[09:19] | And then, if that doesn’t work, then to replace her, | 如果还不能起作用 就换掉她 |
[09:22] | with someone who can rule for me. | 换成可以代替我统治的人 |
[09:24] | Well, then let me send diplomats. | 那让我派几个外交官过去 |
[09:25] | Let me help you determine the answers | 让我帮你做决定 |
[09:27] | without sending you into the middle of so much unrest. | 而不是把你送到动荡不安的局势中去 |
[09:29] | More Frenchmen? | 派更多的法国人吗 |
[09:31] | To solve the problem of not enough Scots? | 这样就能解决苏格兰人太少的问题了吗 |
[09:33] | Mary, you convinced the cardinal to do business with us. | 玛丽 你说服了主教和我们做交易 |
[09:36] | You can’t leave in the middle of what you just started. | 你不能半途而废 |
[09:38] | Then finish it without me. | 那就替我完成 |
[09:40] | I told him we were the future of Scotland and France, | 我告诉他我们是苏格兰和法国的未来 |
[09:42] | you and I both. | 我们两个人都是 |
[09:43] | You know perfectly well why he doesn’t insist | 他为什么不坚持要见父王 |
[09:45] | on meeting with Father. | 这你心知肚明 |
[09:46] | He keeps asking for you. | 因为他想见的是你 |
[09:48] | He wants more of your flirting, your innuendos. | 想让你去调情 想听你说俏皮话 |
[09:51] | You want me to risk | 你想要我弃苏格兰于不顾 |
[09:53] | Scotland’s health to continue some game? | 继续玩这种游戏吗 |
[09:56] | To save France some embarrassment? | 去把法国从这样尴尬的局面中解救出来 |
[09:58] | My father is mad. | 我父王已经疯了 |
[10:02] | France is unstable enough as it is. | 法国的局势十分动荡 |
[10:06] | If word gets out of his madness, | 如果他说出几句疯言疯语 |
[10:09] | if Rome pulls its support and its money, | 如果罗马不再支持我们 收回资金 |
[10:13] | this country could come apart. | 那法国就四分五裂了 |
[10:16] | Mary, I promise I will travel to Scotland with you. | 玛丽 我保证我会和你一起回苏格兰 |
[10:18] | Just not now. | 只是现在不行 |
[10:19] | Please wait until this deal is sealed | 等这桩交易达成 我父亲有所好转 |
[10:22] | and my father is better. | 我们再启程好吗 |
[10:23] | Don’t you see? I need you here | 你看不出来吗 我需要你 |
[10:26] | with me, safe by my side, while France is in peril, | 安全地待在我身边 法国正处在生死关头 |
[10:31] | and whilst we’re trying to have a child. | 我们还在努力要个孩子 |
[10:34] | An heir. | 一个继承人 |
[10:36] | For France, of course. | 为了法国 当然了 |
[10:38] | Stability… for France. | 为了法国的稳定 |
[10:41] | A handy Queen consort for the pleasure | 为了取悦法国未来的国王 |
[10:44] | of the next king… of France. | 而许配过来的便宜王后 |
[10:47] | I don’t just think of my country’s needs. | 我不仅仅在考虑我自己国家的利益 |
[10:49] | I think of my wife’s needs as well, but Scotland… | 我也考虑到我妻子的需要 但苏格兰… |
[10:51] | Is one and the same. | 是同一回事 |
[10:53] | My country and I are one and the same. | 我和我的国家是一体的 |
[10:57] | Forget that, and you’ve forgotten who I am. | 你忘了这件事就是忘了我的身份 |
[11:05] | How are you… wife? | 你好吗 妻子 |
[11:08] | Perfect… husband. | 很好 丈夫 |
[11:11] | You? | 你呢 |
[11:15] | Husband and wife. | 丈夫和妻子 |
[11:18] | A family. | 一个家庭 |
[11:19] | Two families, really. | 其实是两个家庭 |
[11:21] | Who’ll have to meet, at some point, | 我们迟早得见家人 |
[11:23] | since the wedding was so quick. | 婚礼办得太急了 |
[11:27] | Tell me about your parents. | 和我说说你的父母吧 |
[11:28] | After breakfast, hmm? | 先吃早餐吧 |
[11:31] | I’m famished. | 我好饿 |
[11:33] | Julien, let’s leave on our wedding tour | 朱利安 我们尽早 |
[11:35] | as soon as possible, can we? | 开始度蜜月可以吗 |
[11:37] | Before I really begin to show. | 我快要显孕了 |
[11:39] | Are you quite sure it’s safe for you to travel? | 你确定你现在可以旅行吗 |
[11:41] | I thought maybe we ought to remain here a bit | 我们要不要多留一会儿 |
[11:44] | till everything’s settled. | 等所有事尘埃落定再说 |
[11:45] | What needs to be settled? | 什么事需要尘埃落定 |
[11:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:48] | Living arrangements, paperwork… | 住所啦 手头工作啦… |
[11:51] | your dowry. | 还有你的嫁妆 |
[11:52] | My dowry? | 我的嫁妆 |
[11:54] | Why wait on that? | 为什么要等我的嫁妆 |
[11:56] | Because, otherwise, it could be months of delay. | 否则的话 得耽误几个月了 |
[11:59] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[12:01] | We’re both rich. | 我们都很富有 |
[12:03] | The money will follow us wherever we settle. | 不管走到哪都不缺钱 |
[12:05] | Right. Of course you’re right. | 没错 你说得对 |
[12:10] | So tell me, | 那告诉我 |
[12:14] | where would you like to go on our tour? | 你想去哪里蜜月旅行 |
[12:23] | I admire your disregard for others’ opinions, | 虽然很钦佩你能不在意他人眼光 |
[12:26] | but we have to consider how this looks. | 但我们得考虑到现在情况 |
[12:29] | You’ve been staying with me. | 你一直和我待在一起 |
[12:30] | People will talk. | 人们会说闲话的 |
[12:34] | You saved me, Nostradamus. | 你救了我的命 诺查丹马斯 |
[12:37] | If people want to talk, let them say that. | 如果人们说闲话 让他们说去吧 |
[13:20] | Lady Kenna. | 肯娜小姐 |
[13:24] | You distract me so. | 你是如此吸引我 |
[13:27] | What is it, hmm? | 怎么了 |
[13:30] | Um, perhaps my new ring? | 是因为我的新戒指吧 |
[13:33] | A wedding gift from my husband. | 这是我丈夫送我的结婚礼物 |
[13:35] | Your son. | 您的儿子 |
[13:37] | Oh, it’s lovely. | 很好看 |
[13:39] | I want it. | 我想要 |
[13:43] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[13:45] | Henry, I’m your Queen. | 亨利 我是你的皇后 |
[13:47] | And it’s so cute and tiny. | 这戒指又小巧又可爱 |
[13:55] | A compliment to your fine tastes. | 你品味不错 |
[13:57] | It’s not right. I won’t have it. | 不能这样 我不同意 |
[14:05] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[14:06] | Lady Kenna seems to need a wedding ring. | 肯娜小姐好像需要一只结婚戒指 |
[14:09] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[14:10] | A ring, Catherine. | 结婚戒指 凯瑟琳 |
[14:14] | Here. | 给你 |
[14:15] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[14:17] | Wear it in good health. | 祝你身体健康 |
[14:28] | You shouldn’t have to live like this. | 你不应该这样卑躬屈膝 |
[14:29] | True. But I’d also like you to live. | 没错 但是我想保你的命 |
[14:32] | I’m too high-spirited to be a widow. | 我可不想年纪轻轻就成寡妇 |
[14:34] | People will talk. | 人们会说闲话的 |
[14:36] | Please. | 求你了 |
[14:37] | You’ll only make it worse. | 你只会搞得更糟 |
[14:39] | He’s moved on now. Go get some air. | 他已经走了 去喘口气吧 |
[14:41] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[14:46] | Keep it. | 留着吧 |
[14:47] | A token of my sympathy. | 聊表我对你的同情之意 |
[14:52] | Henry is not himself, | 亨利已经失去自我了 |
[14:54] | and that woman is making life untenable, | 而那个女人让生活变得痛苦 |
[14:58] | not only for us but for all of France. | 不只是我们的生活 更是全法国人民的 |
[15:00] | For France? | 全法国 |
[15:01] | The irony is, if Henry knew how close | 好笑的是 一旦亨利得知自己 |
[15:05] | he was to exposing himself | 在他那些尊贵的梵蒂冈朋友面前 |
[15:06] | to his precious Vatican friends… | 几乎暴露了自己的… |
[15:08] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[15:09] | A plan to get rid of her. | 一个除掉她的计划 |
[15:12] | I need your help to get rid of Penelope. | 我需要你帮助我除掉佩内洛普 |
[15:14] | You mean, to kill her? | 你是说 杀掉她 |
[15:16] | I wouldn’t come to you if it were that simple. | 如果有那么简单 我是不会找你帮忙的 |
[15:18] | Henry would suspect me; he’d have my head. | 亨利会怀疑我 会将我斩首的 |
[15:20] | I don’t need to be part of any of your schemes. | 你的任何阴谋我都不想参与 |
[15:22] | Oh, you do, | 不 你得参与 |
[15:23] | for so many reasons, | 原因多着呢 |
[15:25] | but I’ll give you one that will appeal to you. | 不过我会告诉你一个最有吸引力的 |
[15:27] | Help me, and I’ll help you and Sebastian– | 帮我的话 我会帮助你和塞巴斯蒂安 |
[15:32] | an estate of your own, far from French court. | 拥有自己的封地 远离法国宫廷 |
[15:36] | But it’s more than just land: | 但这不仅仅是封地而已 |
[15:39] | it’s a chance for you and your husband to live life free | 还是让你们摆脱亨利无休无止的威胁 |
[15:43] | from the constant threat of Henry taking it all away. | 过上自由生活的机会 |
[15:46] | But why me? | 为什么找我 |
[15:48] | Would your plan just throw me back into bed with him? | 你的计划不会就是让我和他睡觉吧 |
[15:51] | Not at all. | 当然不是 |
[15:53] | But it does involve sex. | 但这个计划里确实有性爱的戏份 |
[15:55] | And rather a mess of it. | 而且还相当多 |
[16:13] | Sorry, I’m a bit spent. | 抱歉 我有些累了 |
[16:15] | You’re hundreds of miles away. | 你要远赴千里 |
[16:17] | Scotland, I’m guessing? | 去苏格兰吗 |
[16:19] | Some dire news brought by Mary’s brother James? | 玛丽之兄詹姆斯带来了可怕的消息吗 |
[16:21] | He’s convinced her she’s needed in Scotland right away. | 他让她觉得必须立即回苏格兰去 |
[16:25] | From the moment that I started to fall for her, | 自从我爱上她那一刻起 |
[16:27] | this is what I feared most: | 这就是我最为担心的事情 |
[16:28] | that, someday, the needs of our countries would tear us apart. | 某一天 两个国家各自的需求会将我们拆散 |
[16:31] | Wouldn’t have mattered, except you married for love. | 只要你们是因爱结合 这没什么 |
[16:33] | I wanted to believe that we could push past these problems, | 我也愿意相信我们能战胜这些问题 |
[16:36] | – work together. – And can’t you? | -同心协力 -你们不能么 |
[16:38] | Mostly, yes. But what happens when being a good king means | 多数时候可以 但是万一好国王与好丈夫 |
[16:40] | being a bad husband? | 不可兼得该怎么办 |
[16:42] | That’s simple: be a bad king. | 简单 不当好国王 |
[16:45] | That’s why she wanted to marry you, isn’t it? | 所以她才会想嫁给你啊 |
[16:48] | She never wanted to marry me. | 她从未想要嫁给我 |
[16:50] | She wanted to save your life. | 她只是想救你 |
[16:51] | Come on, you’re smarter than that, and so is she. | 拜托 你可没有那么傻 她也是 |
[16:54] | Mary knew that you could promise her something | 玛丽知道 你给她的那些承诺 |
[16:55] | that I never could, something that I warned her from the start. | 我永远给不了 一开始我就警告过她 |
[17:00] | You could put her first, always. | 而你会始终将她放在第一位 |
[17:03] | Isn’t that what love is? | 爱不就应该如此吗 |
[17:06] | To anyone but a king. | 那是对君王以外的人而言 |
[17:30] | Perhaps one of the original gems was lost | 也许是其中一颗宝石丢了 |
[17:32] | and had to be replaced with a fake. | 不得已用假的来代替而已 |
[17:34] | Why not mention it to Julien? | 为什么不和朱利安说一声 |
[17:36] | He’ll probably just have it repaired for you. | 他可能马上就会为你补好的 |
[17:37] | I don’t want to stir up mistrust. | 我不想引起猜疑 |
[17:39] | It seems like mistrust is already stirred up. What happened? | 貌似猜疑已经产生了 出什么事了 |
[17:42] | Whenever I mention meeting his parents | 无论我何时提起见他父母的事 |
[17:44] | or going to Hungary on our wedding tour, | 或者前往匈牙利蜜月旅行 |
[17:46] | he changes the subject. | 他都会岔开话题 |
[17:47] | Plenty of people would like to hide their parents. | 好多人都不愿意提父母啊 |
[17:50] | Me, for instance. | 比如说我 |
[17:52] | It’s also the subjects he does seem keen on… | 还有 他似乎非常在意一些东西 |
[17:55] | like my dowry. | 比如我的嫁妆 |
[17:56] | Well, it is a large sum. | 你的嫁妆颇丰 |
[17:58] | For a rich man with a castle in Hungary, | 但对于一个在匈牙利拥有城堡的有钱人而言 |
[18:00] | he seems awfully impatient to have it in hand. | 他想得到这些的心情也太迫不及待了 |
[18:03] | What did your family tell you about him? | 关于他 你家人都和你说过什么 |
[18:05] | Just that he was a very wealthy Hungarian | 只是说他是一位非常富有的匈牙利人 |
[18:07] | who married two rich women. | 娶过两位富婆 |
[18:09] | Both wives died, making him sad, | 两任妻子都去世了 让他很难过 |
[18:11] | but even richer. | 却也让他更有钱了 |
[18:12] | And there was nothing suspect about his finances? | 那么他的经济状况毫无疑点吗 |
[18:15] | He gambled a bit, but all men do. | 他有些好赌 但男人不都那样 |
[18:17] | Besides, you can’t gamble away wealth like his. | 再说 谁能把他那样的家底儿赌光 |
[18:19] | My brother came awfully close. | 我弟弟差一点就做到了 |
[18:21] | Talk to Julien. | 和朱利安谈谈 |
[18:23] | You’ve both been so open to each other till now. | 你们俩之前都是无话不谈的 |
[18:25] | Well, yes and no. | 也算不上吧 |
[18:26] | When I told him I was pregnant but wouldn’t say | 当我告诉他我已经怀孕 但不想说出 |
[18:28] | who the father was, | 孩子的父亲是谁 |
[18:30] | he said he wouldn’t ask | 他说他不会追问我的过去 |
[18:32] | about my past mistakes if I didn’t ask about his. | 只要我不追问他的过去 |
[18:35] | I’m sure he meant nothing more than the usual male adventuring. | 只不过是平常男人讨好女人的意思而已 |
[18:39] | You wed quickly is all. | 你们这个婚结得太赶了 |
[18:40] | It’s nerves, Lola. | 萝拉 所以会紧张 |
[18:41] | I’m sure of it. | 肯定是这样 |
[18:47] | Trinidad? | 特立尼达岛 |
[18:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:50] | That seems awfully far. | 听起来够远的 |
[18:52] | Far from everything. | 远离一切 |
[18:54] | Olivia wants to find a new life with me. | 奥利维亚想和我去过新生活 |
[18:56] | You’d be taking her from all the comforts of court. | 你要把她从舒适安逸的宫廷中带走吗 |
[19:00] | She’s been through so much here. | 她在这里已经受够了煎熬 |
[19:02] | We both have. | 我们都受够了 |
[19:03] | The years have been long and dark. | 这些年黑暗又漫长 |
[19:06] | I’m thankful for the time I spent as your adviser, | 那些为您出谋划策的时光我感到很荣幸 |
[19:10] | but I-I want to give her a new start. | 但是我想给她一个新的开始 |
[19:13] | You’re trying to save her. | 你想救她 |
[19:16] | You’ve seen danger here. | 你预见到这里有危险 |
[19:19] | My old friend, how can I say this? | 我的老朋友 我要怎么说出口呢 |
[19:23] | I can’t let you leave. | 我不能让你走 |
[19:25] | Your gift of sight is invaluable to me, | 你的预言天赋对我而言是无价的 |
[19:29] | to the safety of France. | 对法国的安全更是如此 |
[19:32] | You can force me to stay… | 您可以逼我留下 |
[19:37] | …but not to see. | 但不能逼我做预言 |
[19:39] | You’ll have me, but not my visions. | 如果你要牺牲掉我最后的幸福 |
[19:41] | Not if you cost me this last chance at happiness. | 我的预言不会和我一起留下 |
[19:43] | So you came to me as if I had a choice, | 你刚才说得像让我来选择似的 |
[19:45] | – but clearly I don’t. – You have choices. | -显然我别无选择 -你可以选 |
[19:47] | And none will get you what you want from me. | 但无论怎样你都拿不走想要的东西 |
[19:49] | I could take your life. | 我能杀了你 |
[19:51] | This is not a betrayal. | 这并不是背叛 |
[19:53] | This is a friend saying good-bye. | 这只是一个朋友的告别 |
[19:59] | I suppose I’ll have to wish you luck, then. | 那么 我只能祝你好运了 |
[20:03] | You’ll need it, you know. | 这正是你所需要的 对吗 |
[20:05] | If you think you’re safe in the New World, | 如果你以为在新环境里会很安全 |
[20:08] | you’re wrong. | 那可就错了 |
[20:10] | The land is soft and sweet, but filled with vipers. | 那里的土地柔软芬芳 但却布满毒蛇 |
[20:21] | I’ve been thinking, | 我在想 |
[20:23] | and I want to take you to Scotland with me. | 我想带你和我一起回苏格兰 |
[20:25] | Yes, I know, | 是的 我知道 |
[20:26] | you told me that. But when? | 你说过 但是什么时候 |
[20:27] | – Next month? Next year? – Now. | -下个月还是明年 -马上 |
[20:31] | As soon as we can. | 尽快走 |
[20:33] | It will need to be brief, | 需要轻装简从 |
[20:35] | and I’ll need to finish my deal with the Cardinal before we leave, | 但我要在走之前与主教谈好生意 |
[20:40] | and make sure that my mother can handle my father. | 并确保我母亲能够料理得了我父亲 |
[20:44] | It won’t be easy, may take a day or two. | 做到这些不容易 或许需要一两天的时间 |
[20:45] | You’re serious. | 你是认真的 |
[20:49] | But what if we can’t seal the deal with the Vatican? | 但是万一我们搞不定罗马教廷怎么办 |
[20:52] | What if your father gets worse? What…? | 万一你父亲病情加重怎么办 万一 |
[20:53] | What if my wife doesn’t realize that I love her? | 万一我妻子不知道我爱她怎么办 |
[20:57] | What if she doesn’t see that I’ve put her first? | 万一她看不出我把她放在第一位怎么办 |
[21:00] | Francis, thank you. | 弗朗西斯 谢谢 |
[21:03] | I promise you’ll be glad we went. | 我向你保证 你会不虚此行的 |
[21:06] | When Scotland is stronger, France will be stronger, too. | 苏格兰变强的话 法国也会更加强大 |
[21:09] | Well, start packing. | 好吧 开始收拾吧 |
[21:10] | And tell your brother | 告诉你哥哥 |
[21:11] | that Scotland will soon greet her queen | 苏格兰即将见到她的女王 |
[21:14] | and her king. | 和国王 |
[21:20] | Both of you? Really? | 你们两个 真的吗 |
[21:23] | I thought you’d be pleased. | 我还以为你会高兴 |
[21:24] | You wanted a queen for Scotland to bow to, | 你想让苏格兰恭迎一位女王 |
[21:26] | and now you’re getting more: a queen and a king. | 而现在远超期待 女王和国王 |
[21:28] | A French king. | 一位法国国王 |
[21:30] | My king. | 是我的国王 |
[21:31] | Scotland’s king. | 苏格兰的国王 |
[21:32] | Who arrives with French soldiers, | 他会带着法国的士兵 |
[21:35] | who even has “France” In his name. | 连他的名字里都带着法国味 |
[21:36] | James, this is silly. | 詹姆斯 别这么愚钝 |
[21:38] | Francis is strong | 弗朗西斯很强大 |
[21:39] | and he’s devoted to me and to Scotland. | 而他是全心全意待我和苏格兰的 |
[21:42] | When Scotland sees that with her own eyes, | 当苏格兰人亲眼见证这一点的时候 |
[21:44] | the crown will be stronger | 王权将会更加稳固 |
[21:45] | and so will my mother’s position. | 我母亲的地位也是如此 |
[21:47] | That’s what you wanted, isn’t it? | 那正是你想要的 不是吗 |
[21:49] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:50] | I apologize. | 我向你道歉 |
[21:53] | I worry too much. | 我顾虑太多了 |
[21:55] | Scotland will celebrate her queen, | 苏格兰人将会为女王欢庆不已 |
[21:57] | even if she arrives with some fair-haired French baggage. | 即便女王随身携带了什么金毛法国物品 |
[22:02] | How soon can you leave? | 你们什么时候能启程 |
[22:03] | Uh, Francis has some business to attend to, | 弗朗西斯还有事要做 |
[22:06] | and then we’ll leave. | 完事之后我们就走 |
[22:07] | I’ll make arrangements immediately. | 我马上去安排 |
[22:13] | You seem worried, my darling. | 你看起来有些担心 亲爱的 |
[22:16] | Are you having doubts? | 心存顾虑吗 |
[22:17] | No. | 没有 |
[22:18] | I’m eager to go. | 我非常想离开这里 |
[22:20] | I’ve considered it for some time. | 计划很久了 |
[22:22] | I’ve made mistakes. | 我曾经做过错事 |
[22:23] | I’ve misread prophecies | 我误读了预言 |
[22:24] | and shared others where I probably shouldn’t have. | 而且还和错误的人分享 |
[22:28] | Sooner or later, | 总有一天 |
[22:29] | the truth will catch up to me. | 真相会被人发现 |
[22:31] | Leaving is the right thing, | 离开才是正确的选择 |
[22:33] | for both of us. | 对我们而言都是 |
[22:35] | I want you to know, | 我希望你知道 |
[22:37] | whatever happens, | 无论发生什么事 |
[22:39] | you’ve already… | 你都已经 |
[22:41] | Olivia! | 奥利维亚 |
[22:50] | Beware of vipers. | 小心毒蛇 |
[22:53] | She’s beautiful, | 她很漂亮 |
[22:55] | but damnably willful and headstrong. | 但太过刚愎自用 |
[22:57] | And there’s something not right | 别人乱点鸳鸯谱 |
[22:58] | about someone else telling me who to spend my life with. | 总归是不靠谱的 |
[23:00] | Not to mention she’s been with a member of my own family. | 何况她还和我的一个亲人在一起过 |
[23:02] | Uh, forgive my lack of compassion, | 请原谅我的缺乏同情心 |
[23:04] | but I’m not sure whether you’re bemoaning | 不过我不懂你是在不满你的婚事 |
[23:05] | your situation with Kenna or mine with Mary. | 还是在不满我和玛丽 |
[23:16] | That was Mimi Natalia, wasn’t it? | 那位是米米·娜塔莉亚对吧 |
[23:18] | Mary’s brother’s footman | 玛丽哥哥的侍从 |
[23:19] | has expensive tastes in courtesans. | 看来对妓女很挑嘛 |
[23:22] | Suspiciously expensive, I think. | 太挑了点吧 |
[23:32] | It needs more. | 再多一点 |
[23:33] | More? | 什么 |
[23:35] | More red. | 红色要多一些 |
[23:36] | More lace. | 多一点蕾丝 |
[23:39] | To keep the king’s eyes from wandering | 吸引国王的视线 让他眼里没有 |
[23:41] | to, uh, sad old habits. | 某些可悲的旧情人 |
[23:43] | Yes, Your Grace. | 好的 陛下 |
[23:46] | What do you want? | 你来干嘛 |
[23:49] | Did you come here for this miserable little ring? | 来找这枚可悲的小指环吗 |
[23:50] | Not at all. You can keep it. | 不是 你收着吧 |
[23:52] | I actually came here to help. | 我是来帮忙的 |
[23:55] | I find that hard to believe. | 这可新鲜了 |
[23:57] | Have you noticed that the Queen | 你难道没注意到 |
[23:57] | makes no effort to have you removed? | 王后没有要除掉你的动作吗 |
[24:00] | She tried and she failed. | 她试过但失败了 |
[24:02] | She’s an artist with poisons. | 她下毒特别有一套 |
[24:04] | If she wanted you dead, | 如果她想让你死 |
[24:05] | you’d be rotting by now. | 你现在肯定已经烂了 |
[24:07] | No, you’re alive because you serve | 你活着是因为你可以转移 |
[24:08] | you keep our poor mad king distracted. | 我们可怜的疯国王的注意力 |
[24:12] | He is unwell, yes. | 他身体不适 没错 |
[24:14] | I try to divert him from his pain. | 我试过让他不再关注自己的病痛 |
[24:16] | Well, you used to divert him. | 你曾经改变过他 |
[24:18] | Until his mind wandered back | 直到他的目光再次被 |
[24:19] | to “Sad old habits,” | 某些”可悲的旧情人”牵动 |
[24:22] | – like me. – You won’t get him back, | -比如我 -他不会回到你身边的 |
[24:24] | if that’s what you’re thinking. | 想都别想 |
[24:25] | I don’t want Henry back. | 我不想要亨利回来 |
[24:27] | I’ve seen what he does to playthings, | 我见过他对那些玩物所做的事 |
[24:28] | once they start to bore him, and it’s not pretty. | 一旦他厌倦了 那些人可没什么好下场 |
[24:31] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[24:32] | If you want to keep the king’s interest | 如果你想继续保持他对你的兴趣 |
[24:34] | and survive by his side… | 想在他身边生存下去 |
[24:38] | Then again, if you’re unconcerned… | 好吧 既然你不在意… |
[24:42] | I’m listening. | 我听着呢 |
[24:47] | Have you tried blindfolds? | 你试过蒙眼性爱吗 |
[24:49] | Having him listen to the sound of your voice? | 让他仔细听过你的声音吗 |
[24:51] | His Grace would follow me anywhere. | 陛下会跟我做任何事 |
[24:53] | – Hot wax on his chest? – Just his chest? | -在他胸口滴蜡呢 -只在胸口吗 |
[24:56] | No wonder he tired of you. | 难怪他对你提不起性趣了 |
[24:58] | The standing cross? | 十字架式呢 |
[25:03] | All I did was pay for the lady’s services. | 我只不过是花钱买享受而已 |
[25:05] | Since when is that a crime? | 这犯什么罪了 |
[25:06] | It’s rather how much you paid, | 问题就在你花了多少钱 |
[25:08] | and how you could afford it. | 以及你为什么有那么多钱 |
[25:09] | I told you, in thanks for a decade’s service. | 我说了 是为了感谢多年来的服务 |
[25:13] | Service to my wife’s brother, the Earl of Moray. | 就是服务我妻子的哥哥 莫里伯爵 |
[25:15] | But he’s a Scot, and you’re a Scot | 但他是苏格兰人 你也是 |
[25:17] | and there’s… A Queen Mary on this coin, | 但是呢 这枚硬币上有玛丽女王的头像 |
[25:20] | but not my Queen Mary. | 但不是我的玛丽女王 |
[25:22] | That gold isn’t mine. | 那枚金币不是我的 |
[25:25] | You’re lying. | 你说谎 |
[25:27] | Not a good start. | 这可不是好现象 |
[25:32] | My men found this gold in your room, | 我的人在你的房间里发现了这枚金币 |
[25:34] | stitched into your valise. | 缝在你的旅行袋里 |
[25:35] | Would you care to explain to me | 请你好好解释一下 |
[25:36] | why you’re carrying English gold? | 为什么你会随身带一枚英格兰金币 |
[25:39] | I don’t know what you mean. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[25:41] | Where were you going when my men caught you | 你被我的人抓住的时候 |
[25:42] | ducking out of the castle? | 正准备去哪里 |
[25:44] | Meeting the person who paid you this gold? | 去见给你这枚金币的人吗 |
[25:45] | An Englishman? | 一个英国人 |
[25:46] | An enemy of my wife’s? | 我妻子的敌人吗 |
[25:47] | No. | 不是 |
[25:48] | I-I’m not from these parts. | 我没做这些事 |
[25:50] | I just wanted to see the village. | 我只是想看看村子 |
[25:57] | Fetch the torturer | 叫刑讯人来 |
[25:59] | and tell him that we may have a job for him. | 告诉他有活干了 |
[26:02] | I don’t want to hurt you, but trust me… | 我不想伤害你 但相信我 |
[26:07] | …they do. | 他们想 |
[26:17] | He admitted to having enough gold to pay for a courtesan, | 他承认有足够的金币来招妓 |
[26:19] | but denied that the gold hidden in his own bag was his. | 但又说藏在他包里的金币不是他的 |
[26:22] | He’s lying, he has to be. | 他在说谎 肯定的 |
[26:25] | There are plenty of ways for a Scotsman | 苏格兰人有很多途径 |
[26:26] | to get ahold of English gold. | 可以得到英格兰金币 |
[26:27] | We still trade with the English. | 我们依然和英格兰做贸易 |
[26:28] | Then why so much of it, | 那么为什么有这么多 |
[26:30] | and why lie about it? | 而且还要说谎 |
[26:32] | Leave us. | 你们下去吧 |
[26:35] | This is my brother’s footman you are torturing. | 被你拷问的人是我哥哥的侍从 |
[26:37] | Questioning. | 是审讯 |
[26:38] | For now. Which is why I came straight to you. | 暂时的 所以我才直接来找你 |
[26:41] | Mary, does none of this trouble you? | 玛丽 这事你毫不在意吗 |
[26:43] | I trust my brother. | 我信任我的哥哥 |
[26:44] | This footman could be a Protestant Scottish rebel, | 这个侍从可能是苏格兰新教叛军 |
[26:47] | or work for the English, or both. | 也是英格兰奸细 也许两者兼有 |
[26:48] | And whether James knows what his own man | 无论詹姆斯是否知道 |
[26:50] | is up to or not, you aren’t safe. | 他的人准备做什么 你都不安全 |
[26:52] | James will keep me safe. | 詹姆斯会保护我 |
[26:54] | Are you so sure? | 你确定吗 |
[26:55] | James is a Protestant… | 詹姆斯是新教徒 |
[26:58] | He hates the French. | 他恨法国人 |
[26:59] | And many want to see him rule Scotland. | 很多人希望由他来统治苏格兰 |
[27:02] | Only one claim to power is stronger than his, | 唯一一个比他更名正言顺的人 |
[27:04] | – and that’s yours. – If his claim is so strong, | -就是你 -如果他野心这么大 |
[27:07] | then why doesn’t he topple my mother without warning me? | 为什么他不直接拉我母亲下台 |
[27:09] | Why bring me back to make his task that much more difficult? | 为什么要把我带回去使自己陷入被动 |
[27:11] | You’re assuming he wanted to see you home safely. | 你在假设他想让你安全回家 |
[27:13] | Accidents happen at sea all the time. | 海上发生的事故数不胜数 |
[27:16] | Then I will ask James about this. | 我会亲自去问詹姆斯 |
[27:18] | And what if he’s a part of it? | 如果他也参与了呢 |
[27:19] | He’ll lie and you’ll learn nothing from it. | 他会说谎 你什么都问不到 |
[27:21] | Mary, don’t you need to know how much you can trust | 玛丽 你不是想知道 |
[27:23] | your own brother? | 自己哥哥的可信度吗 |
[27:24] | For the sake of your mother and for Scotland, | 为了你的母亲和苏格兰 |
[27:28] | give me a little time to find you some answers. | 给我一点时间 我会给你答案 |
[27:30] | I want to take you to Scotland, | 我想带你去苏格兰 |
[27:31] | but not if I’m leading us both into danger. | 但前提是 这不是一条不归路 |
[27:35] | Do it quickly. | 那就快一点 |
[27:36] | There’s a storm coming. We need to leave soon. | 风暴要来了 我们得快点离开 |
[27:49] | Wait. | 等等 |
[27:51] | I don’t know about this. | 这不太好 |
[27:52] | What’s wrong? Is the platform unsteady? | 怎么了 站不稳吗 |
[27:54] | It’s not that. | 不是 |
[27:56] | It doesn’t feel right. | 感觉不太对 |
[27:57] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[27:58] | It’s wrong. | 就是不对 |
[28:01] | You’re a wicked old king, | 你是个邪恶的老国王 |
[28:03] | and you need to be cleansed of your sins. | 你需要净化你的罪恶 |
[28:11] | Please. | 拜托 |
[28:12] | Take me down. | 把我放下来 |
[28:14] | Kenna said you would beg. | 肯娜说过你会哀求 |
[28:15] | Oh, dear Kenna. | 亲爱的肯娜 |
[28:19] | How I miss her kind face. | 我太想念她美丽的脸庞了 |
[28:21] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[28:27] | Henry, I’m sorry. | 亨利 对不起 |
[28:28] | I tried to make him wait. | 我想拦着他的 |
[28:29] | But the rumors… | 但那些谣言… |
[28:32] | – The bishop insisted on seeing you. – Bishop?! | -主教坚持要见你 -主教 |
[28:35] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[28:36] | This is Bishop Renauld, from Provence. | 这是普罗旺斯的主教雷诺 |
[28:39] | He came with the Cardinal, the Pope’s delegation. | 他是跟教皇的代表红衣主教一起来的 |
[28:41] | Your Grace. | 陛下 |
[28:42] | I-I cannot look. This is, is blasphemy. | 我无法直视 这简直是亵渎神明 |
[28:44] | Then close your eyes, | 那就闭眼别看 |
[28:46] | you pious fool. | 虔诚的傻瓜 |
[28:48] | I will, but what of God? | 我是可以 但上帝呢 |
[28:53] | Oh, don’t bring… | 不要… |
[28:55] | don’t bring Him into this. | 不要跟我说上帝 |
[28:56] | But He is here… | 但上帝就在这里 |
[28:58] | He is everywhere; He sees this mockery! | 他无处不在 他在目睹这一闹剧 |
[29:02] | If you turn from Him… | 如果你弃他于不顾 |
[29:06] | what if he turns from you? | 要是他也从此抛弃你呢 |
[29:10] | But would He? | 他会吗 |
[29:11] | It is God’s will that puts you here. | 是上帝让你有今天的地位 |
[29:14] | It is God’s will that gives you your armies, | 上帝赐予你军队 |
[29:17] | your gold, your crown. | 黄金 还有王冠 |
[29:19] | He only provides for those | 他只会将这些 |
[29:21] | who are worthy and righteous. | 赐给正直并值得赐予之人 |
[29:22] | I see no righteousness here. | 但这里毫无正直仁义可言 |
[29:25] | Henry, end this now. | 亨利 快结束了吧 |
[29:26] | Send this witch away, | 快把这个巫女送走 |
[29:28] | – before her wickedness curses us all… – Wait! | -不要让她的巫术和诅咒… -等等 |
[29:31] | They’re in it together! Don’t you see? | 他们是串通好的 你看不出来吗 |
[29:33] | Leave, Penelope. | 退下 佩内洛普 |
[29:34] | Kenna and the queen… | 肯娜和王后… |
[29:35] | – Henry, they’ve got you twisted in knots! – It is you | -亨利 他们在迷惑你 -是你 |
[29:39] | who have bound and twisted me. | 一直在迷惑控制我 |
[29:42] | Get out. | 给我滚 |
[29:45] | – What? – Now! | -什么 -马上滚 |
[29:47] | Come, child. | 来吧 孩子 |
[29:48] | – While the king feels forgiving. – Henry, no! | -趁国王宽恕你的时候 -亨利 不要 |
[29:50] | – Come. – Get off me! | -快走 -放开我 |
[29:51] | Henry, you poor thing. | 可怜的亨利 |
[29:54] | – Oh, look at you. – It all seemed so… | -你看看自己 -本来一切看似… |
[29:57] | so harmless. | 都是无伤大雅的 |
[30:00] | Oh, Catherine… | 凯瑟琳 |
[30:02] | Catherine, I am lost. | 凯瑟琳 我迷失了 |
[30:04] | I need God’s support. | 我需要上帝的帮助 |
[30:07] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[30:20] | Wait. Where are your things? | 等等 你的东西呢 |
[30:23] | I watched you pack. Where is the…? | 我看到你打包了 东西… |
[30:24] | I can’t go with you. | 我不能和你一起走 |
[30:27] | What? | 什么 |
[30:29] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[30:34] | You mean to send me off without you? | 你要把我一个人送走吗 |
[30:36] | What’s changed? | 为什么改主意了 |
[30:36] | Why would you do this? | 你为什么这样做 |
[30:38] | My gift, it’s truly a curse. | 我的天赋真的是种诅咒 |
[30:40] | I can’t escape its burdens, however far I run. | 不论我怎么逃跑 都始终无法逃避 |
[30:43] | But you can. | 但你可以 |
[30:46] | And you must. | 你必须走 |
[30:47] | No. | 不 |
[30:49] | – I won’t leave you. – You will. | -我不会一个人走的 -你会的 |
[30:51] | I’ve seen it, Olivia. | 我预见到了 奥利维亚 |
[30:53] | I’ve seen you happy | 我看到你和别人 |
[30:55] | with someone else. | 幸福地在一起 |
[30:57] | You’re lying. | 你骗我 |
[30:59] | The vision that changed your mind, | 改变你主意的幻象 |
[31:01] | we both saw it, didn’t we? | 我们都看到了不是吗 |
[31:02] | That snake was a message from Catherine. | 那条毒蛇是凯瑟琳传来的信息 |
[31:05] | She considers me a weapon | 她把我当做一件武器 |
[31:06] | she doesn’t want to lose. | 她不想失去 |
[31:08] | She will punish me for defying her. | 我违抗她她会惩罚我的 |
[31:09] | She will kill you. | 她会杀了你的 |
[31:11] | That is the cost of my leaving: | 我离开的代价就是 |
[31:13] | your life. | 你的性命 |
[31:14] | That is her message. | 这就是她的意思 |
[31:16] | But if we were far away… | 但是如果我们走得远远的… |
[31:18] | There is no escaping her reach. | 我们是逃不出她的魔掌的 |
[31:19] | And what if I stayed? | 那要是我留下呢 |
[31:21] | And be shackled to a man | 然后束缚于一个 |
[31:24] | enslaved to a wicked queen? | 给邪恶王后卖命的人吗 |
[31:25] | Oh, that is no life for you. | 你不能这样生活 |
[31:27] | That is barely a life for me. | 我也不能这样 |
[31:30] | Be free of this place | 远离这里吧 |
[31:31] | that has caused you so much pain. | 它给过你太多伤痛 |
[31:34] | Be free of me. | 远离我吧 |
[31:39] | Pardon. Time to go. | 抱歉 该启程了 |
[31:42] | Weather’s turning. | 要变天了 |
[31:44] | No, no. | 不不 |
[31:45] | My cousins… | 我亲戚 |
[31:47] | will look after you. | 会照顾你的 |
[31:47] | I’ve sent them word. | 我和他们说过了 |
[31:49] | Start a new life. | 开始自己的新生活吧 |
[31:55] | And be happy. | 一定要幸福 |
[32:30] | A letter of credit has come from your father | 你父亲往我工作的银行 |
[32:32] | to the bank where I work. | 寄去了一张信用证 |
[32:33] | With your word, I’ll sign it, | 你同意的话我会签字 |
[32:35] | and your dowry will be moved to your husband’s accounts. | 然后你的嫁妆就会转移到你丈夫的账户去 |
[32:38] | Just my word? | 只要我同意就行了吗 |
[32:39] | It’s your father’s request. | 你父亲是这么要求的 |
[32:41] | The money is not yours, of course. | 当然 钱不是你的 |
[32:42] | Women cannot hold such accounts. | 女人不能有这类账户 |
[32:45] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[32:47] | Heaven knows what foolish things | 谁知道女人拿着自己的钱 |
[32:49] | women might do with our own money. | 会去做什么傻事 |
[32:50] | Gamble, buy prostitutes… | 赌博 招妓… |
[32:52] | I beg your pardon? | 您说什么 |
[32:54] | What if I wait? | 要是我再等等呢 |
[32:56] | Does the money stay safe in my father’s accounts? | 那笔钱会安全待在我父亲的账户里吗 |
[32:59] | Of course; but safe from what? | 当然了 但转移为什么会不安全呢 |
[33:01] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[33:03] | Hopefully. | 希望如此吧 |
[33:04] | I’ll send word when I’m ready. | 我准备好了就告诉你 |
[33:07] | Good day. | 日安 |
[33:14] | Forgive me, Mary. | 原谅我 玛丽 |
[33:15] | Would’ve requested an audience, | 我不该一人前来的 |
[33:17] | but I seem to have misplaced my footman. | 但是我的仆人不知道哪去了 |
[33:19] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[33:20] | – The storm is blowing in faster than I thought. – Yes. | -暴风雨比我想的更快来临了 -对 |
[33:22] | – I did notice the sky was darkening. – Not that storm. | -我也发现天阴沉下来了 -不是这个 |
[33:25] | You’ve heard of the Lords of the Congregation? | 你听说过圣会领袖吗 |
[33:27] | Those tiresome Protestant malcontents? | 那些烦人的新教异端吗 |
[33:30] | Tiresome until they agree on something. | 他们是烦人 除非达成一致 |
[33:31] | They’ve voted to start a rebellion. | 他们投票通过要发动叛乱 |
[33:34] | A blockade will provoke a battle | 这种动乱会引发 |
[33:35] | with Catholic authorities, | 与天主教当局的战争 |
[33:36] | and then they intend to remove your mother by force. | 然后他们想借机逼你母亲下台 |
[33:40] | You couldn’t have missed the weight | 你不可能没注意到你箱子里有金币 |
[33:41] | of the gold in your valise. | 金币那么重 |
[33:43] | You are guilty | 你要么有罪 |
[33:44] | or covering for someone who is. | 要么在掩饰别人的罪责 |
[33:46] | Is it James? | 是詹姆斯吗 |
[33:47] | Shall I question your master? | 我要去质问你的主人吗 |
[33:53] | Fetch me his master, the earl. | 把他的主人 那个伯爵 给我带来 |
[33:54] | Take two dozen guards, and prepare for a fight. | 带上两队守卫 做好战斗准备 |
[33:56] | – You may kill if needs be. – No. | -需要的话可以杀人 -不要 |
[33:58] | It’s, it’s not his gold. | 那不是他的金币 |
[34:01] | Who paid you then? | 那是谁给你的 |
[34:02] | An Englishman? | 英格兰人吗 |
[34:07] | Very well. | 很好 |
[34:11] | – Where did you hear about this? – From your own envoy. | -你听谁说的 -你自己的侍卫说的 |
[34:13] | – You can ask him yourself. – Well, what can we do? | -你可以亲自问他 -那我们该怎么办 |
[34:15] | Come home to Scotland. | 回苏格兰 |
[34:17] | Leave now. | 马上走 |
[34:18] | But Francis, he’s not ready yet. | 但弗朗西斯还没准备好 |
[34:20] | Leave without him. | 你自己一个人先走 |
[34:21] | Let him catch up. | 让他稍后赶上就行了 |
[34:22] | He’ll only be days behind us. | 也就几天时间而已 |
[34:29] | Do you know what this gold tells me that you won’t? | 你知道这些金币告诉了我什么吗 |
[34:31] | You’re brave. | 你很勇敢 |
[34:34] | But your loyalty has a price. | 但是你的忠诚是有价的 |
[34:35] | You sold it once, why not sell it again? | 你卖过一次 为何不再卖一次呢 |
[34:37] | Will you talk if I promised you your freedom, | 要是我还你自由 再给你三倍的金子 |
[34:40] | plus three times the gold you were paid? | 你会说实话吗 |
[34:44] | Five times. | 五倍 |
[34:49] | And a prince’s oath | 再加上王子的誓言 |
[34:50] | that I will let you live. | 保证不会伤你性命 |
[34:53] | Mary, I’m sorry to be so plain. | 玛丽 抱歉我这么直白 |
[34:55] | But you never knew our father as I did. | 但是你不如我了解我们的父亲 |
[34:58] | You never knew what he dreamed for you. | 你不知道他对你的期望 |
[34:59] | For your time on his throne. | 他有多期望你戴上他的王冠 |
[35:01] | I can’t risk this marriage, this alliance, | 我不能因为一个已故之人的梦想 |
[35:03] | for a dead man’s dreams, | 就拿自己的婚姻还有结盟冒险 |
[35:05] | even my father’s. | 即使他是我父亲 |
[35:05] | Can you risk it for Scotland? | 你能为了苏格兰冒险吗 |
[35:07] | Would you rather be the queen you were born to be | 你想当你生来即是的女王 |
[35:09] | or a pawn of the French court? | 还是法国宫廷的一枚棋子 |
[35:17] | Finish packing my things. | 继续打包我的东西 |
[35:18] | Only enough for two weeks. | 就带两周用的就好 |
[35:20] | Francis can bring the rest, if he follows. | 弗朗西斯赶上的话 他能把剩下的带来 |
[35:22] | I’m leaving for Scotland. | 我要去苏格兰 |
[35:23] | Today. | 今天就走 |
[35:24] | Ten times the gold you were paid. | 你能拿到的十倍 |
[35:26] | And you can buy all the courtesans you want. | 你能招到所有你想要的妓女 |
[35:30] | And you swear I’ll be spared? | 你保证不伤我性命 |
[35:32] | I’ll be set free? | 会放我走 |
[35:34] | If I believe your story, you’ll be placed | 要是我信了你的话 |
[35:35] | on the ship of your choosing, by my men. | 你会被我的人带到船上 船由你选 |
[35:39] | And what happens to you after that is up to you. | 然后你就自由了 |
[35:44] | I was paid to murder the Queen of Scots on her voyage home. | 有人雇我在苏格兰女王回国的时候杀了她 |
[35:47] | – Who paid you? – Englishmen. | -谁雇的 -英格兰人 |
[35:50] | I didn’t know them, but I heard them talking. | 我不认识他们 但我听到他们说话了 |
[35:54] | They want James to be Scotland’s King. | 他们想要詹姆斯当苏格兰国王 |
[36:14] | Married less than a week, | 结婚还不到一周 |
[36:15] | and you’ve already tired of me? | 你就厌倦我了吗 |
[36:17] | I don’t feel well is all. | 我感觉不舒服 |
[36:19] | I-Is it the baby? | 是孩子吗 |
[36:20] | No, I… | 不是 我… |
[36:22] | I think it’s just nerves. | 我就是有点紧张 |
[36:24] | There’s… so much uncertainty. | 有太多的不确定因素 |
[36:28] | The baby, my future… | 孩子 我的未来 |
[36:31] | my husband… | 我的丈夫 |
[36:34] | You’re uncertain about me? | 你在怀疑我吗 |
[36:35] | I fear we don’t know each other well. | 我担心我们不了解对方 |
[36:39] | Is there anything weighing on you? | 你有没有什么苦恼事 |
[36:41] | Any troubles of yours a wife might share? | 有什么麻烦是你妻子能分享的吗 |
[36:50] | I-I’m sure, in time, | 我确定 用不了多久 |
[36:52] | we’ll share everything. | 我们就会分享一切 |
[36:54] | You may even tell me who fathered your baby. | 你甚至可以告诉我你孩子的父亲是谁 |
[36:58] | Our baby. | 我们的孩子 |
[37:00] | Or I may never ask. | 或许我永不会再问 |
[37:02] | Because it may not matter. | 因为也许这无所谓 |
[37:05] | What matters is how we feel about one another. | 重要的是我们对对方的感觉 |
[37:08] | And I feel love for you. | 我对你感觉到了爱意 |
[37:10] | I know it all happened very quickly, but | 我知道发展得有点快 但是… |
[37:13] | that’s where we are. | 我们就是这样 |
[37:15] | Together. | 在一起了 |
[37:15] | – With our secrets. – With our pasts. | -带着秘密 -是过去 |
[37:18] | I swear, if I believed knowing every single thing | 我保证 要是我觉得知晓每件事 |
[37:21] | about one another could protect us from future troubles, | 能避免以后遇到的困难 |
[37:24] | I would tell you every moment of my past. | 我会告诉你我过去所有的一切 |
[37:28] | But… | 但是… |
[37:29] | my life… | 我的人生 |
[37:31] | this… wonderful life, | 这美丽人生 |
[37:35] | began the day you agreed to be my bride. | 是从你答应做我的新娘那时才开始的 |
[37:39] | Then why do I feel afraid? | 那为什么我感到害怕 |
[37:42] | Because life is full of uncertainty. | 因为生活充满了不确定 |
[37:46] | That’s why we love. | 这就是我们相爱的原因 |
[37:48] | To face it with someone. | 和别人一起面对未来 |
[37:50] | Together. | 我们一起 |
[37:53] | Let’s face life together, Lola. | 我们一起面对人生吧 萝拉 |
[37:55] | You and me. | 我和你 |
[37:58] | Can we? | 可以吗 |
[38:01] | My father believed that actor | 我父亲相信了那个演员 |
[38:03] | was part of the Vatican delegation. | 认为他是罗马教廷的人 |
[38:06] | You did it. | 你成功了 |
[38:07] | And now you’re saying we’re rich? | 现在你说我们富裕了 |
[38:09] | Well, richer than we were. | 比以前有钱呀 |
[38:11] | That estate that Henry promised Penelope | 亨利许给佩内洛普的庄园 |
[38:13] | belonged to Catherine; she’s given it to us. | 曾属凯瑟琳 她送给我们了 |
[38:15] | She also let me keep her ring. | 她还让我拿着她的戒指 |
[38:17] | Well, you have everything you wanted: | 你得到你想要的一切 |
[38:19] | land, money, jewelry… | 土地 金钱 珠宝… |
[38:21] | Practically everything. | 几乎所有东西 |
[38:26] | I was able to get this back as well. | 我也把这枚戒指拿回来了 |
[38:31] | Penelope looked so pathetic, back in the kitchen. | 佩内洛普被赶回厨房里了 看起来很可怜 |
[38:33] | Yet still, I couldn’t resist. | 但我还是无法放过这戒指 |
[38:35] | Should I buy you a new ring, | 我是不是该买个新戒指给你 |
[38:36] | now that we can afford it? | 现在我们负担得起了 |
[38:37] | No, you fool, you gave it to me. | 不行 傻瓜 这是你给我的 |
[38:42] | Such a queer feeling, whenever I look at it. | 我每次看着它 都有种奇怪的感觉 |
[38:45] | What’s that? | 什么感觉 |
[38:46] | A sort of certainty. | 一种心安的感觉 |
[38:47] | One I’ve never felt before. | 我以前从未有过 |
[38:50] | Someone’s always going to be looking out for me now, no matter what. | 感觉不管干什么 都会有人照顾我 |
[38:54] | I’m not sure you need looking out for. | 你似乎不需要什么照顾啊 |
[38:58] | I’m stuck with him, aren’t I? | 我无法摆脱他 对吗 |
[39:01] | Might as well put him to some kind of use. | 也许只是在利用他呢 |
[39:13] | Leave… | 别 |
[39:15] | me alone. | 烦我 |
[39:18] | Get… | 滚 |
[39:19] | out. | 开 |
[39:21] | Please! | 拜托 |
[39:23] | Go. | 走开 |
[39:28] | Will my sins never leave me? | 我的罪恶会离开我吗 |
[39:31] | Did the footman tell you | 那个男侍告诉你 |
[39:32] | that James was involved with the plot? | 詹姆斯也参与这事了吗 |
[39:34] | No, but can you take that chance? | 没有 但你要冒那种险吗 |
[39:36] | I take that chance every day. | 我每天都在冒险 |
[39:38] | The English are constantly plotting against me. | 英格兰人每天都在暗算我 |
[39:40] | If they want a Protestant King in Scotland, | 要是他们想苏格兰有个新教国王 |
[39:41] | of course they would choose James. | 当然会选詹姆斯了 |
[39:42] | But do you really think | 但你真觉得 |
[39:43] | that he had no inkling of this? | 他毫不知情吗 |
[39:45] | His own man in the pay of your enemies? | 他的自己人都被敌人收买了 |
[39:47] | James has written to me of dozens of plots against me. | 很多阴谋都是詹姆斯写信告诉我的 |
[39:50] | Plots that were to his benefit. | 那些对他有益的阴谋 |
[39:52] | He tells me because | 他告诉我是因为 |
[39:53] | he wants what is best for Scotland. | 他想要苏格兰拥有最好的一切 |
[39:55] | As he knows I do. | 因为他知道我是这么做的 |
[39:56] | Mary, please, we will go later, | 玛丽 拜托 我们等等再走 |
[39:58] | when it is safe. | 等安全了再走 |
[40:00] | My mother is in jeopardy now. | 我母亲现在处于危险之中 |
[40:01] | Scotland is in jeopardy now. | 苏格兰现在也处于危险之中 |
[40:03] | I said we’ll go when it’s safe. | 我说了等安全了我们会去的 |
[40:05] | We will never be safe. | 我们永远也不会安全 |
[40:07] | I know that you’re afraid this is a trap. | 我知道你担心这是个陷阱 |
[40:09] | I am, too. | 我也担心 |
[40:11] | But I need to take this chance. | 但我得冒这个险 |
[40:13] | I have to. | 我必须得去 |
[40:16] | I will be home soon. | 我很快就会回来 |
[40:18] | Please trust me. | 请相信我 |
[40:22] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[40:24] | Guards! Surround the Queen. | 卫兵 包围女王 |
[40:28] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[40:33] | Locked in the tower? | 把我锁在塔里吗 |
[40:35] | Did you think that I would try to slink out of my rooms, | 你觉得我会从房间里逃走 |
[40:37] | like a rat in a passageway? | 像老鼠一样从密道逃跑吗 |
[40:39] | Not like a rat. | 不是老鼠 |
[40:40] | Like a defiant queen. | 是个目中无人的女王 |
[40:42] | You will be released as soon as your brother has cast off. | 等你哥哥一走 你就会被释放 |
[40:44] | I told him that we’d follow as soon as we could. | 我告诉他我们会尽快跟上 |
[40:46] | – So, you lied? – It is not a lie. | -所以你说谎了 -这不是谎话 |
[40:48] | – When I know that it is safe to… – It will be too late! | -等我知道我们安全… -那就太晚了 |
[40:51] | We both know that day will never come. | 我们都知道不会有安全的那一天 |
[40:55] | I will not help you with the Cardinal, | 要是你那么想 |
[40:56] | if that’s what you think. | 我不会帮你说服红衣主教 |
[40:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:00] | My mother and I will do what we have to. | 我和我母亲会尽力的 |
[41:01] | We’ll find a way. | 我们会找到方法的 |
[41:03] | You may hate me right now, | 你现在可能会恨我 |
[41:05] | but I have done this for you. | 但我是为了你 |
[41:08] | I love you, and I’ve put you first. | 我爱你 我以你为重 |
[41:10] | You love a girl! | 你爱的是个女孩 |
[41:12] | You don’t love a queen or you would allow me to be one! | 而不是女王 你也不允许我成为女王 |
[41:15] | You are putting yourself and your country first, | 你以你自己和你的国家为重 |
[41:17] | – just as you always have! – That is not true. | -你总是这样 -不是这样的 |
[41:19] | If Scotland falls, I will never forgive you! | 要是苏格兰败落了 我将永不原谅你 |
[41:22] | You will lose my country, and you will lose me! | 你会失去我的国家 也会失去我 |
[41:25] | I warned you, Francis– we are one and the same. | 我警告过你 弗朗西斯 我们是一体的 |
[41:28] | Scotland won’t fall. | 苏格兰不会败落 |
[41:30] | And neither will we. | 我们也不会分开 |
[41:31] | I can’t hear another word. Get out! | 我不想再听你说一个字 滚出去 |
[41:35] | I’ll be back when you’ve had a chance to calm down. | 等你冷静了 我再回来 |
[41:39] | Francis… | 弗朗西斯 |
[41:41] | You can’t just leave me locked in here– Francis! | 你不能把我锁在这儿 弗朗西斯 |
[41:45] | Francis! Francis! Francis! | 弗朗西斯 弗朗西斯 弗朗西斯 |