时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | Lord Castleroy. | 卡斯尔雷大人 |
[00:34] | I know I’m not the man of your dreams. | 我知道我不是你的意中人 |
[00:36] | Will you accept my humble proposal? | 那你愿意接受我卑微的求婚吗 |
[00:37] | We’re married, we can’t be unmarried. | 我们结婚了 总得做出个样子来 |
[00:39] | I thought we’d agree to at least try. | 我们总得尽力试试看 |
[00:41] | – Henry, end this now. – Leave, Penelope. | -亨利 停止吧 -退下 佩内洛普 |
[00:43] | Get out. Now! | 给我滚 马上滚 |
[00:45] | – Henry, no! – While the king feels forgiving. | -亨利 不要 -趁国王宽恕你的时候 |
[00:47] | If word gets out of his madness, | 如果他说出几句疯言疯语 |
[00:48] | this country could come apart. | 那法国就四分五裂了 |
[00:49] | I was paid to murder the Queen of Scots on her voyage home. | 有人雇我在苏格兰女王回国的时候杀了她 |
[00:53] | We’ll go when it’s safe. | 等安全了我们会去的 |
[00:54] | My mother’s in jeopardy now. | 我母亲现在处于危险之中 |
[00:55] | Scotland is in jeopardy now. | 苏格兰现在也处于危险之中 |
[00:57] | Guards, surround the queen. | 卫兵 包围女王 |
[00:59] | Locked in the tower? | 把我锁在塔里吗 |
[01:01] | But I have done this for you. | 但我是为了你 |
[01:02] | I love you, and I’ve put you first. | 我爱你 我以你为重 |
[01:05] | You can’t just leave me locked in here. Francis! | 你不能把我锁在这儿 弗朗西斯 |
[01:07] | Francis! | 弗朗西斯 |
[01:14] | No! | 不 |
[01:15] | Gabriel commanded my best archer corps. | 加布里埃尔是精英弓箭手队的指挥官 |
[01:19] | Some of his men were twice his age. | 有些手下比他大两倍 |
[01:21] | But they all loved him. | 但他们都爱戴他 |
[01:23] | He sang to them at night. | 晚上他给他们唱歌 |
[01:26] | He sang of this place. | 他歌唱这个地方 |
[01:27] | His home. | 他的家乡 |
[01:30] | Your brother died fighting for his home, his people. | 你的哥哥是为保护他的家乡和人民而死 |
[01:33] | With great bravery. | 他英勇无比 |
[01:40] | I understand you lost a son today. | 我知道你今天失去了儿子 |
[01:42] | But I lost a soldier, | 但我失去了一名战士 |
[01:43] | and only one of those can be remedied. | 现在只有一个方法可以补救 |
[01:45] | Gabriel’s men followed him | 加布里埃尔的手下跟随他 |
[01:47] | because he was a nobleman. | 因为他是个贵族 |
[01:48] | They will follow his brother | 他们会因为同样的理由 |
[01:50] | for the same good reason. | 跟随他的弟弟 |
[01:53] | Please. We don’t need your money. | 别这样 我们不需要你的钱 |
[01:55] | Martin’s only 14. He’s too young. | 马丁才14岁 他还小 |
[01:57] | A year older than I was when I first saw combat. | 比起我第一次目睹战争时还大一岁 |
[02:00] | My lord duke, I can’t allow it. | 公爵大人 我不能同意 |
[02:02] | You can. | 你可以 |
[02:03] | And you will. | 你会同意的 |
[02:07] | Would you ask my men to sacrifice themselves | 你会让我的手下牺牲自己 |
[02:09] | for the protection of estates that won’t sacrifice for them? | 来保护不愿为他们做出牺牲的土地吗 |
[02:16] | Be proud of your sons. | 为你的儿子们骄傲吧 |
[02:18] | I am. | 我就是 |
[02:19] | Forward…! | 前进 |
[02:22] | No… No… | 不 不 |
[02:49] | Watch out! | 小心 |
[02:50] | Don’t hit Lola! | 别打萝拉 |
[02:51] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[02:52] | I’m not that far along yet. | 我还没怀那么久呢 |
[02:57] | It wasn’t so long ago | 不久前 |
[02:58] | we were all talking about our first kisses? | 我们还在谈论初吻呢 |
[03:00] | Now you’re all married. | 现在你们都结婚了 |
[03:01] | And soon you will be as well. | 很快你也会的 |
[03:03] | Unless I ruin it before then. | 除非我在结婚之前毁了一切 |
[03:05] | Or my father does. | 或者我父亲这样做 |
[03:06] | He’s arriving today, and I’m worried | 他今天就来 我担心 |
[03:07] | he’ll offend Lord Castleroy with too small a dowry. | 他的嫁妆给的太少 会触怒卡斯尔雷大人 |
[03:10] | We can’t afford much. | 我们负担不起太多 |
[03:11] | Have you told Lord Castleroy | 你告诉过卡斯尔雷大人 |
[03:12] | your family’s lost its fortune? | 你的家庭不再富裕了吗 |
[03:14] | He might be understanding. | 他也许会理解 |
[03:15] | Tell a suitor we’re broke? | 告诉求婚者我家破产了吗 |
[03:17] | My father would have a heart attack. | 我父亲会心脏病发作的 |
[03:20] | I’ve had more opportunities than you can count. | 我有过很多次机会 |
[03:22] | And what do I do? | 而我做了什么 |
[03:24] | Fall in love with a servant | 爱上了一个侍者 |
[03:25] | and nearly ruin his life, too. | 差点也毁了他的生活 |
[03:27] | We’ve all had the same opportunity, and look at us. | 我们都有一样的机会 看看我们吧 |
[03:30] | I never dreamt that I’d be wed to a bastard | 我从没想过我会嫁给一个拥有 |
[03:32] | with an imaginary title. | 挂名头衔的私生子 |
[03:33] | Lola’s been forced to hide her pregnancy. | 萝拉被迫隐瞒她怀孕的事 |
[03:35] | Even Mary and Francis… | 就算玛丽和弗朗西斯 |
[03:38] | Yes, when we couldn’t come to terms on my brother, | 是啊 我们对我哥哥的事无法达成一致 |
[03:41] | my beloved husband locked me in a tower. | 我亲爱的丈夫就把我锁在塔里 |
[03:45] | It’s been almost a month. | 都快一个月了 |
[03:46] | Are you and Francis on any better terms? | 你和弗朗西斯关系好点了吗 |
[03:48] | Well, I can now talk to him without screaming. | 我现在跟他说话不用大喊大叫了 |
[03:51] | Does that count as “Better”? | 这算不算好点了呢 |
[03:55] | Your Majesty? I have dire news from Scotland. | 女王陛下 苏格兰传来了可怕的消息 |
[03:58] | It’s about your mother, Marie de Guise. | 是您母亲玛莉·德·吉斯的事 |
[04:02] | The Protestants and their Lords of the Congregation | 新教徒和圣会领袖 |
[04:04] | have sent an army to besiege my mother in Edinburgh. | 派遣了一支军队 在爱丁堡围困我母亲 |
[04:07] | There are men outside the castle demanding her surrender. | 有人在城堡外面要求她投降 |
[04:10] | Her friends don’t know how much longer she can hold out for. | 她的朋友们不知道她还能坚持多久 |
[04:13] | Mary, I’m so sorry. | 玛丽 很遗憾 |
[04:14] | My brother James warned us that the Protestants | 我哥哥詹姆斯警告过我们 新教徒 |
[04:16] | were planning a rebellion against my mother. | 打算对我母亲发动叛乱 |
[04:18] | If I had gone with him, I could have stopped it. | 如果我跟他走了 本可以阻止一切的 |
[04:20] | Or you could’ve been killed. | 或者你会被杀掉 |
[04:21] | This news only proves it. | 这条消息只会证明这一点 |
[04:23] | It’s too bad we couldn’t protect my mother | 真可惜 我们不能像你对我做的一样 |
[04:25] | by locking her in the tower as you did with me. | 把我母亲锁在塔里来保护她 |
[04:27] | Instead of arguing, | 我们别吵了 |
[04:28] | let’s help her. | 帮帮她吧 |
[04:29] | Your mother needs soldiers and quickly. | 你母亲急需士兵 |
[04:31] | And how are we supposed to get them? | 我们怎么找士兵 |
[04:32] | Certainly not from your father. | 你父亲是肯定不会给的 |
[04:34] | Armies can be bought. | 可以收买军队 |
[04:35] | Who has that kind of money? | 谁有那么大一笔钱啊 |
[04:37] | My mother. | 我母亲 |
[04:38] | Francis, I’ve already asked your mother. | 弗朗西斯 我已经问过你母亲了 |
[04:40] | More than once. | 不止一次 |
[04:41] | She’s always said no. | 她总是拒绝 |
[04:42] | Then we will ask her together. | 那我们一起去问她 |
[04:44] | And we will keep asking until she says yes. | 她不说同意 我们就不罢休 |
[04:54] | Mother, we need to talk. | 母亲 我们得谈谈 |
[04:55] | I realize that. | 我知道 |
[04:56] | Why do you think I sent for you two? | 不然我为什么派人去接你们 |
[04:58] | Oh, you sent for us? So you’ve heard the news then? | 是吗 所以你听说消息了对吗 |
[05:00] | I’m sorry, Mary. | 真遗憾 玛丽 |
[05:01] | You must be crushed. | 你一定心碎欲绝 |
[05:03] | Well, I’m worried, I’m not crushed. | 我很担心 但没有心碎欲绝 |
[05:05] | There’s still time to send reinforcements. | 还有时间派出增援 |
[05:07] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[05:08] | I don’t think we’re talking about the same news. | 我想我们说的不是同一条消息 |
[05:12] | Have you not heard about the succession? | 你们没听说继位的事吗 |
[05:14] | Whose succession? | 谁继位了 |
[05:15] | Not yours, I’m afraid. | 恐怕不是你 |
[05:17] | Word came from England. | 英格兰传来的消息 |
[05:19] | It’s official. | 事情定了 |
[05:20] | Elizabeth will be their next queen. | 伊丽莎白会成为下一任女王 |
[05:23] | – Mary Tudor’s dead? – No! | -玛丽·都铎死了 -没有 |
[05:25] | The old bitch is still clinging to her miserable life. | 那个老贱人还苟延残喘地活着 |
[05:27] | But she managed to cough up the gall | 但她成功地说出了 |
[05:29] | to hand over her crown to Elizabeth. | 把王位交给伊丽莎白 |
[05:31] | A bastard, a Protestant no less, | 一个私生女 还是新教徒 |
[05:33] | and not my son’s wife! | 居然不是我儿子的妻子 |
[05:34] | Are you even pregnant yet? | 你现在怀孕了吗 |
[05:36] | Could you possibly be any less use to France? | 你对法国真是毫无用处啊 |
[05:39] | Do not talk to my wife that way. | 别那样对我妻子说话 |
[05:40] | She’s a queen and an ally. | 她是女王 也是盟友 |
[05:41] | She was supposed to get me England! | 她本该帮我得到英格兰的 |
[05:44] | We’ve been feeding | 这个盟友 |
[05:46] | and housing this ally | 她几乎毫无意义的一生中 |
[05:48] | for most of her pointless life. | 我们都在供她饮食 提供住处 |
[05:50] | And what have we gotten? | 结果我们得到了什么 |
[05:51] | A drain on our treasure and army, | 消耗了大量财富和军队 |
[05:53] | an endless parade of dramas and headaches. | 一场场无止尽的闹剧和烦心事 |
[05:57] | Scotland protects France | 苏格兰保护着法国 |
[05:59] | by engaging the English on two fronts | 它与英格兰两面交战 |
[06:01] | so it cannot focus its force on growing its foothold | 这样英格兰才无法集中兵力坚守在加来的据点 |
[06:03] | on your backyard, Calais. | 加来可是在你们后院 |
[06:05] | I don’t need a lecture from you on geography. | 我不需要你来教我地理 |
[06:07] | Scotland cannot blunt | 苏格兰光靠自己无法应对 |
[06:09] | the English threat alone, Your Grace. | 英格兰的威胁 陛下 |
[06:11] | – Especially not now! – Yes, I’ve heard all about it. | -尤其是现在不行 -是啊 我都听说了 |
[06:13] | Protestants threatening your mother. | 新教徒在威胁你母亲 |
[06:14] | She needs reinforcements just like always. | 她一如既往地需要支援 |
[06:17] | No, not just like always. | 不 这事并不平常 |
[06:19] | She is under siege. | 她被包围了 |
[06:20] | There are soldiers at her gates! | 无数的士兵堵在她的城门之下 |
[06:22] | And now you’re afraid | 现在你担心 |
[06:23] | your poor mother might die? | 你可怜的母亲可能会死吗 |
[06:25] | Well, don’t we owe it to Scotland and France, | 作为统治者 让你母亲去死 |
[06:27] | as rulers, to ask if that might be a good thing? | 对苏格兰和法国不是件好事吗 |
[06:31] | Your mother can’t handle the job that you gave her. | 你母亲根本无法胜任你交给她的工作 |
[06:33] | Or else she wouldn’t be under siege! | 要不然她不会被围困住 |
[06:35] | Father, stop this. | 父亲 别说了 |
[06:37] | Mary’s crown is at stake, | 玛丽的王位岌岌可危 |
[06:38] | which puts France at risk as well. | 这使法国也处于危险之中 |
[06:40] | More than her crown is at stake. | 不仅是她的王位受到威胁 |
[06:42] | Your mother failed us completely. | 你母亲让我们失望至极 |
[06:45] | And now they want her head on a pike. | 现在他们想把她斩首示众 |
[06:48] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[06:49] | Or yours might follow. | 否则接下来就是你了 |
[07:00] | No one? | 没有人 |
[07:02] | Not one country or lord offers help? | 没有一个国家或贵族愿意提供帮助 |
[07:05] | My mother is a Catholic ally. | 我母亲是天主教盟友 |
[07:07] | She is under attack. | 她被攻击了 |
[07:09] | Enemies screaming for her head, and no one cares? | 敌人叫嚣要她的头 竟然无人关心 |
[07:12] | Scotland has many friends at court. | 苏格兰在教庭朋友不多 |
[07:13] | But every conversation I have | 但我跟贵族还有外交官的对话 |
[07:14] | with a noble or diplomat ends the same way. | 都是以同样的方式结束的 |
[07:17] | “We’re with you, Dauphin, | “我们站在你这边 王储 |
[07:18] | but what does the king say?” | 但国王怎么说” |
[07:20] | I hope you didn’t tell them. | 希望你没告诉他们 |
[07:23] | Mary, I should never have let my father… | 玛丽 我不该让我父亲… |
[07:24] | Words don’t bother me. | 那些话我没放在心上 |
[07:28] | You are safe in this castle. | 你在城堡里是安全的 |
[07:29] | Not even my mother… | 就连我母亲也不… |
[07:30] | Threats don’t bother me, either. | 威胁也没困扰到我 |
[07:32] | Losing bothers me. | 我烦恼的是得失 |
[07:34] | Mary, that’s silly, you’re… | 玛丽 那太蠢了 你是… |
[07:35] | A queen? | 女王 |
[07:36] | Yes, I am. But one with scant power here. | 我是啊 但是个缺乏权力的女王 |
[07:40] | And less every day back home. | 甚至身在国外 |
[07:42] | On the other hand, | 另一方面 |
[07:44] | I’m also queen because I’m a de Guise. | 我成为女王是因为我是德·吉斯家族的人 |
[07:47] | I have very powerful uncles. | 我的舅舅们都很强大 |
[07:50] | I hope you’re not thinking… | 我希望你不是想… |
[07:51] | My mother is surrounded on all sides. | 我母亲现在四面楚歌 |
[07:53] | Protestants are burning and pillaging Catholic churches. | 新教徒在天主教堂打砸抢烧 |
[07:57] | Why would they stop their campaign of destruction | 不让我失去母亲失去王位 |
[07:59] | before making sure I lose my mother and my crown? | 他们是不会罢手的 |
[08:01] | But the Duke of Guise? | 但吉斯公爵 |
[08:03] | Ever since you’ve been back at court, | 自从你回到宫廷后 |
[08:04] | you’ve chosen to keep your distance from him. | 你就选择和他保持距离 |
[08:06] | The same as my parents have. | 我父母也是这样 |
[08:07] | Your uncle is a dangerously ambitious man, | 你舅舅是位极为危险 充满野心的人 |
[08:09] | who has built himself an army | 他自己建的军队 |
[08:10] | by stealing recruits from their mothers. | 士兵都是花钱强征的 |
[08:12] | And paying them well. | 给的报酬很丰厚啊 |
[08:13] | Do you know anyone else with an army as large or as loyal? | 还有别人有这么衷心的大军吗 |
[08:16] | Loyal to him. | 对他忠心而已 |
[08:17] | And him only. | 也只对他忠诚 |
[08:19] | Is that someone that you can trust? | 他这样的人你可以相信吗 |
[08:20] | He is my uncle. | 他是我舅舅 |
[08:22] | If that doesn’t buy me his loyalty… | 要是这都不足以让我相信他… |
[08:26] | Trust is a luxury I can no longer afford. | 那我就再也不会相信谁了 |
[08:34] | Sorry, you’re not to be let in under any circumstances. | 不好意思 任何情况下你都不能进入 |
[08:37] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[08:38] | You’re the contest winner the king enjoyed. | 你是国王享用过的比赛赢家 |
[08:41] | And then cast aside. | 然后被抛弃了 |
[08:42] | Penelope, what are you doing here? | 佩内洛普 你在这儿干什么 |
[08:45] | Surely a bounty of demeaning tasks awaits you in the kitchen. | 厨房里一定有很多活等着你做呢 |
[08:48] | I need to see the king immediately. | 我要立即见国王 |
[08:51] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[08:52] | With his child. | 是他的孩子 |
[08:54] | You’re not pregnant. | 你才没怀孕呢 |
[08:55] | Even if you are, it’s not with the king’s child. | 就算你怀了 也不是国王的孩子 |
[08:58] | Well, the king will want to know. | 王国会想知道的 |
[09:01] | He’s going to wonder if he’s got another chance at happiness. | 他会想知道自己有没有机会再次快乐 |
[09:03] | Another chance at a child he could truly love! | 再次享受天伦之乐 |
[09:06] | Shut her up now. | 让她闭嘴 |
[09:07] | Henry, I love you and I miss you! | 亨利 我爱你 我想你 |
[09:09] | And I’m carrying your child! | 我怀了你的孩子 |
[09:14] | You’re pregnant? | 你怀孕了 |
[09:16] | You’re certain it’s my child? | 你确定是我的孩子吗 |
[09:17] | There’s been no one else, Your Majesty. | 除了你没别人了 陛下 |
[09:19] | I was a maiden when you took me. | 我跟了你之前还是处女 |
[09:20] | Oh, that’s nonsense. | 一派胡言 |
[09:21] | See that she’s taken care of. | 好好照顾她 |
[09:23] | Set her up with a cottage in one of the villages. | 把她安置到村里的小屋里 |
[09:28] | I have some mistresses. | 我有很多情妇在那儿 |
[09:30] | In Bernay, I think. | 好像是在伯内 |
[09:31] | The child could have siblings to play with, huh? | 孩子可以有很多兄弟姐妹一起玩 |
[09:36] | Wait. | 等等 |
[09:37] | That’s all I get? Henry! | 我就只得到这些吗 亨利 |
[09:39] | It’s more than you deserve. | 这已经是厚待你了 |
[09:42] | Are you sure you want to be playing this game? | 你确定想玩这个游戏吗 |
[09:45] | If you overplay it, | 要是你玩过火了 |
[09:45] | if he loses patience with your displays, | 如果他对的表演失去耐心了 |
[09:47] | you won’t like how it ends. | 你不会喜欢那个结局的 |
[09:49] | The two dead girls before you didn’t. | 在你之前死的那两个女孩就是例子 |
[09:52] | Nothing bothers me more than problems | 我最烦的就是 |
[09:54] | I’ve already solved coming back to be problems again. | 已经解决的问题死灰复燃 |
[09:57] | If that’s what you make of yourself, my child, | 如果你真要这样 孩子 |
[10:00] | expect me to make you a lesson to my other problems | 那我会好好给你个教训的 |
[10:02] | by grinding you into the dust | 到时候别怪我无情 |
[10:04] | you no longer see fit to sweep. | 让你死无全尸 |
[10:23] | Oh, I’ve missed you two so much! | 我想死你们了 |
[10:28] | Father. | 父亲 |
[10:30] | Where’s Mother? | 母亲呢 |
[10:31] | She’s at home with your other sisters. | 她和你其他的妹妹在家没来 |
[10:33] | I’ve only brought these two | 我只带过来了这两个 |
[10:34] | so you could introduce them to potential suitors. | 你好把她们介绍给可能的求婚者 |
[10:36] | Aren’t they a little young to be looking for husbands? | 现在就给她们找丈夫 是不是太小了 |
[10:38] | Considering all the trouble we’ve had with you, | 考虑到你给我们带来的麻烦 |
[10:40] | I regret not bringing them sooner. | 我后悔没把她们早带过来 |
[10:42] | And I hope you haven’t made too large a mess for me to clean up. | 希望你没留什么烂摊子让我帮你收拾 |
[10:45] | I realize I made a mistake, | 我知道我犯错了 |
[10:46] | but it’s not as bad as you may have heard. | 但并不像你听说的那么严重 |
[10:47] | No? Tell me, will there be any surprises | 没有吗 那你们成婚之时 |
[10:50] | for Lord Castleroy on your wedding night? | 卡斯尔雷大人不会再收到什么”惊喜”了吧 |
[10:52] | Anything he can accuse you of later? | 你还有什么把柄在他手上吗 |
[10:54] | No, it didn’t go that far. | 没有 还没到那一步 |
[10:56] | Does that embarrass you? | 这让你难堪了吗 |
[10:58] | Then imagine how it embarrassed the family. | 那想想这多给你的家族蒙羞 |
[11:00] | I may sound harsh, but it’s for your own good. | 我也许说的重了点 但是为了你好 |
[11:02] | You can’t afford to lose another suitor. | 不能再让人毁约退亲了 |
[11:05] | Do I have it wrong? | 我说错了吗 |
[11:06] | No, Father. | 没有 父亲 |
[11:11] | I stopped by our new house on the way back. | 我回来的路上去我们的新家看了眼 |
[11:14] | It needs work before we can live there. | 我们住之前还得收拾一下 |
[11:16] | Especially if we want to bring it to your standards. | 否则达不到你的要求 |
[11:19] | Oh, Bash, that’s lovely, | 巴斯 你真好 |
[11:21] | but what happened out there? | 外面发生了什么 |
[11:22] | You’ve been out in those woods for weeks | 你去森林追捕怪物 |
[11:23] | hunting that creature. | 一去就是好几周 |
[11:24] | Have you found it yet? | 你找到了吗 |
[11:25] | The Darkness? | “黑暗”吗 |
[11:27] | No sign of it yet, but it’s only a matter of time. | 还没有 但只是时间问题 |
[11:29] | The Blood Wood is vast, but not limitless. | 血泊森林很大 毫无边际 |
[11:32] | Have you been all right? | 你还好吧 |
[11:34] | I hope there haven’t been any more encounters with the king. | 希望你和国王没再来场邂逅什么的 |
[11:36] | I’ve been staying out of his way. | 我一直躲着他 |
[11:38] | Waiting for you to return. | 等着你回来 |
[11:48] | Why do you stop? | 你为什么停下 |
[11:50] | It’s not our first kiss. | 这不是我们第一次接吻了 |
[11:51] | You’re my husband, it’s all right. | 你是我丈夫 没事的 |
[11:53] | It’s not as though I’m inexperienced. | 我也不是第一次没什么经验 |
[11:55] | I’m well aware of that. | 这个我很清楚 |
[11:56] | Well, if you wanted a virgin… | 如果你想要个处女… |
[11:57] | No, I don’t. | 不 不是 |
[12:00] | But I care about your experience. | 但我在意你的感受 |
[12:01] | I know not all of it has been good. | 我知道之前的那些并不都很美好 |
[12:03] | There’s no changing that now. | 那些都已经无法改变 |
[12:05] | I disagree. | 那可不一定 |
[12:12] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[12:13] | Helping you forget | 帮你忘了 |
[12:15] | everything and everyone that’s come before this. | 之前的种种不悦体验 |
[12:20] | Tell me what you want… | 告诉我你想要什么 |
[12:22] | very specifically. Leave nothing out. | 越细越好 不要有保留 |
[12:26] | All right. | 好啊 |
[12:43] | Do you have any idea what you’ve done? | 你知道你干了什么吗 |
[12:45] | Francis, you should have talked her out of this madness. | 弗朗西斯 你应该阻止她干的蠢事 |
[12:47] | You should have helped her. | 您本应帮助她 |
[12:51] | I know you’re a student of history. | 你应该熟知历史吧 |
[12:52] | Perhaps you missed this chapter: | 那你难道不知道这回事吗 |
[12:54] | the Duke was dismissed from your father’s court | 这位公爵因权倾朝野 |
[12:56] | for grasping at too much power. | 被你的父亲罢官了 |
[12:58] | And you know what he did then? | 你应该也知道他接下来干了什么 |
[12:59] | He fielded that army to grasp at more. | 他训练了这支军队来谋取更大的权力 |
[13:02] | He’s a vicious self-serving killer, a threat to any throne. | 他就是个邪恶自私的刽子手 王权的威胁 |
[13:07] | Coming from you, that’s a ringing endorsement. | 从你嘴里得到这样的认可真不容易 |
[13:11] | I wouldn’t be so smug, my dear. | 亲爱的 我是认真的 |
[13:15] | You just let the devil into our home. | 你这是在引狼入室 |
[13:28] | Thank you so much for coming, uncle. | 舅舅 谢谢您能来 |
[13:30] | We wish it was under better circumstances. | 可惜不是因为好事 |
[13:32] | Like your wedding, perhaps? | 比如 你们的婚礼吗 |
[13:33] | I seem to have missed my invitation | 女王陛下 我似乎 |
[13:35] | to that happy event, Your Grace. | 错过了我的邀请函啊 |
[13:38] | The wedding was very rushed. | 婚礼办得很匆忙 |
[13:39] | I hope you took no offense. | 希望您别在意 |
[13:40] | Nonsense. Don’t trouble yourself over niceties. I don’t. | 当然不 别把这些小事放心上 |
[13:44] | Dauphin. | 王储殿下 |
[13:46] | The King and Queen send their regards. | 我代国王和王后向您问好 |
[13:48] | They regret not greeting you personally, | 他们很抱歉不能亲自前来迎接 |
[13:49] | but urgent matters demand their attention. | 因为有要事缠身 |
[13:52] | You don’t have to make excuses. | 别费劲找借口了 |
[13:53] | I’m aware of your parents’ opinion of me. | 我知道他们对我的看法 |
[13:56] | And from what I hear, even when your father is present, | 而且据我所知 即便您父亲人还在 |
[13:59] | the king is no longer in the castle. | 明君之心也业已不在了 |
[14:03] | I don’t know what rumors you’ve heard, Sir, but… | 爵士 我不知道您听到了什么传言 但… |
[14:05] | Call me Christian, and let’s spare ourselves | 叫我克里斯蒂安吧 我们之间 |
[14:07] | lots of pointless formality and posturing. | 就免了这些毫无意义的装腔作势吧 |
[14:10] | I have friends who tell me what goes on in this castle. | 有朋友告诉我城堡里发生的事 |
[14:12] | I know why you asked for me, | 我知道你们召我前来的原因 |
[14:14] | and I’m here to get you out of the hole | 我是来将你们救出 |
[14:16] | my sister’s incompetence put you in. | 我无能的姐姐所制造的泥潭 |
[14:19] | Very well, no posturing. | 很好 免了装腔作势 |
[14:21] | My mother is in danger, but I’m guessing | 我母亲面临危险 但我想 |
[14:23] | that it will take more than family loyalty | 要你帮忙的话 除了血缘关系 |
[14:26] | to buy your help. | 应该还有别的条件 |
[14:27] | So what will it be? | 所以 你想要什么 |
[14:28] | Money? Land? | 钱财 土地 |
[14:30] | Neither. | 都不是 |
[14:32] | Your father dismissed me from court years ago. | 几年前 你父亲罢我的官 |
[14:35] | I want a position in court again. | 我想重回宫廷 |
[14:37] | A more permanent one. | 要一个更高的职位 |
[14:39] | Lord Magistrate of France will do. | 法国治安官吧[法国军队总统帅] |
[14:41] | The Lord Magistrate is the King’s right hand. | 治安官是国王的亲信 |
[14:44] | You want a better position | 你权高震主之后被逐 |
[14:44] | than the one that you were stripped of | 现在还想要一个 |
[14:45] | after you challenged your king? | 比之前更高的官职吗 |
[14:47] | I didn’t challenge my king, I served him. | 我并未威胁国王 我忠于他 |
[14:49] | By appointing Generals | 怎么个忠法 |
[14:51] | without his permission and doling out | 未经他同意任命将军 还是 |
[14:52] | political patronage to your friends? | 利用权力庇护你的朋友呢 |
[14:54] | While your father was busy producing heirs, | 当时你父亲忙着造继承人 |
[14:56] | bastards and otherwise, he needed my help, | 还是私生子什么的 他需要我的帮助 |
[14:58] | whether he cared to admit it or not. | 不管他承不承认 这是事实 |
[15:00] | He needed your loyalty, | 他需要你的忠诚 |
[15:02] | whether you cared to provide it or not. | 不管你是否有忠诚之心 |
[15:04] | I can make your army serve me | 如果我想 我可以让你的军队 |
[15:06] | for nothing if I wanted. | 无条件效力于我 |
[15:08] | I have that authority. | 我有这个权力 |
[15:09] | They’re right outside if you’d like to try. | 他们就在门外呢 你可以试试 |
[15:12] | I just don’t know how many | 如果我不留下 |
[15:13] | will still be around tomorrow if I’m not. | 不知道明天他们还会剩下多少人呢 |
[15:15] | They’re loyal to the man who pays them, | 他们效力于付钱给他们的人 |
[15:18] | not the boy who waves crowns at them. | 而非在他们面前耀武扬威的孩子 |
[15:20] | We’ll consider the terms and present them to Henry. | 我们会考虑的 也会让亨利定夺 |
[15:24] | Uncle. | 舅舅 |
[15:29] | Your father will never agree. | 你父亲不会同意的 |
[15:31] | He has to. | 他必须同意 |
[15:34] | Or you’ll lose Scotland, and so will we. | 否则你会失去苏格兰 我们也一样 |
[15:41] | Hurry up! I mean, I want you and everything, | 快点 我也想慢慢享受 |
[15:43] | but we must be quick. | 但我们得快点 |
[15:49] | What’s the meaning of this? | 这是在干什么 |
[15:52] | Sorry, Your Majesty, I was just… | 对不起 王后陛下 我只是… |
[15:54] | I know what you were just, you vile little man. | 我知道你只是在干什么 可耻的小人 |
[15:57] | Have you no decency? | 你真是不知羞耻 |
[15:59] | Laying your hands on a favorite of your king? | 竟敢染指国王最喜爱的东西 |
[16:02] | Leave, before I have you thrown in the dungeon! | 在我把你扔进地牢前 快滚 |
[16:10] | I hope he didn’t hurt you. | 希望他没有伤害你 |
[16:12] | – No. – I got here just in time, didn’t I? | -没有 -我来的正是时候 对吧 |
[16:15] | If that man had had his way, | 如果这家伙继续胡来 |
[16:17] | he’d be able to claim your unborn child, | 你肚子里的孩子肯定就成他的了 |
[16:20] | and where would that leave you with the King? | 你可怎么向国王交待呢 |
[16:22] | I’m already pregnant. | 我已经怀孕了 |
[16:23] | My child is the King’s. | 这孩子是国王的 |
[16:24] | Then I’m sure you’ll agree it’s not just yourself | 我想你应该也同意 现在你要保护的 |
[16:26] | that you need to protect anymore. | 不仅仅是你自己 还有你的孩子 |
[16:28] | The life of the King’s unborn baby is at stake. | 国王未出生的孩子深陷险境 |
[16:31] | We simply can’t risk that. | 我们可不能冒这个险 |
[16:33] | You need to go somewhere safe. | 你得去一个安全的地方 |
[16:40] | The King will be outraged when he finds out | 国王如果知道你把我和他的孩子 |
[16:41] | you’re locking me and his baby in here. | 关在这里 他会气疯的 |
[16:43] | No, the King will be outraged when “His” baby comes out | 不 国王发现他的孩子 |
[16:47] | looking more like one of his stable boys. | 长得像自己的马童 才会气疯 |
[16:49] | Or, more likely, no baby comes out at all. | 或者说 根本没有孩子这回事 |
[16:52] | Neither of those things will happen. | 这两件事都不会发生的 |
[16:56] | Enjoy your solitude, my dear. | 亲爱的 好好享受独处的时光吧 |
[16:58] | I’ll drop by every month or so | 我每个月会来看你一次的 |
[17:00] | to share in the joy of watching your belly grow. | 来为你日渐增大的肚子高兴 |
[17:05] | Wait! Don’t leave me here! | 等等 别把我关在这里 |
[17:09] | A word of advice from someone who knows: | 前车之鉴 |
[17:12] | don’t make friends with the rats. They bite. | 别和老鼠做朋友 它们会咬人 |
[17:16] | Wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[17:21] | Greer tells me her sisters have never been to a castle before. | 葛瑞尔说妹妹们从未进过城堡 |
[17:24] | I say we give them the royal tour. | 我们带她们逛逛城堡吧 |
[17:27] | That can wait. | 这个稍后再说 |
[17:28] | I’d like to discuss the matter | 我想尽快谈谈 |
[17:29] | of Greer’s dowry as soon as possible. | 葛瑞尔的嫁妆 |
[17:32] | Now? In front of your daughters? | 现在吗 在你的女儿们面前 |
[17:34] | We don’t need to discuss Greer’s dowry. | 这个问题不需要讨论 |
[17:35] | I’ve given the matter some thought, and I’m not interested. | 我想过这事 但我毫不在意 |
[17:38] | Not interested? | 不在意 |
[17:40] | Then what is it you want? | 那你想要什么 |
[17:42] | Only your blessing for her hand. | 只要你祝福她 |
[17:48] | You have it, my Lord. | 这没问题 大人 |
[17:50] | I can’t tell you how happy that makes me. | 那我真是太高兴了 |
[18:06] | I need to speak with you, Father. It’s urgent. | 父亲 我要和你谈谈 事情很紧急 |
[18:07] | Nothing is more urgent than war. | 没什么比战争更紧急 |
[18:09] | I agree. That’s why I came to discuss | 是啊 所以我是来讨论 |
[18:10] | a solution for Scotland. | 怎么解决苏格兰的事 |
[18:12] | All this time we’ve been waiting for Mary Tudor | 我们一直在等玛丽·都铎 |
[18:14] | to give us England. | 把英格兰给我们 |
[18:15] | To allow us the privilege of putting your wife on the throne. | 让你的妻子登上王位 |
[18:18] | But the English don’t wait. | 但英格兰人等不及了 |
[18:20] | They take what they want, | 他们会强取所需 |
[18:21] | just like they took Calais from us. | 就像拿走加来那样 |
[18:24] | So I’m going to take it back. | 所以我要把加来夺回来 |
[18:26] | After that, I’ll take all of England. | 然后我会拿下整个英格兰 |
[18:29] | We’ll attack from Scotland in the north | 我们从北部的苏格兰以及南部的加来 |
[18:31] | and Calais in the south. | 同时进攻 |
[18:33] | When they wake up tomorrow to see French soldiers | 他们明天一早醒来 看到法国士兵 |
[18:35] | massing around Calais, we might even get lucky. | 在加来附近集结 我们可能还有机会 |
[18:38] | They might surrender to spare themselves certain defeat. | 他们可能会投降来降低损失 |
[18:40] | Tomorrow? How could you…? | 明天 您怎么… |
[18:43] | I can’t wait to see the look on Mary Tudor’s face | 我等不及想看看 玛丽·都铎看着 |
[18:45] | when I claim the English throne for myself. | 我登上英格兰王位时 会是什么表情 |
[18:47] | I just hope that sick cow lives long enough | 我只希望那头老母牛能活到那时候 |
[18:50] | for me to execute her. | 让我亲自处决她 |
[18:51] | Father, tomorrow? | 父亲 明天吗 |
[18:54] | What have you done? | 你做了什么 |
[18:55] | Can’t you read?! | 你看不懂吗 |
[18:57] | General Brantome’s men are moving northeast | 现在布兰托姆将军的人马 |
[18:58] | from Rouen as we speak. | 正在向东北行进 |
[19:00] | General Brantome? | 布兰托姆将军 |
[19:01] | I had to relieve Laval. No imagination. | 拉瓦勒被免职了 他毫无想象力 |
[19:03] | No courage. | 也没有勇气 |
[19:05] | Stop babbling, Father, and tell me the truth. | 别胡说八道了 父王 告诉我真相 |
[19:08] | – Did you do this? – Why wouldn’t I? | -你真这样做了吗 -为什么不做 |
[19:11] | We don’t have the strength to take Calais. | 我们没有足够的兵力占领加来 |
[19:13] | Our armies are spread too thin, all over Europe! | 我们的军队太分散了 遍布欧洲 |
[19:16] | If we lose, and they capture our forces, | 如果我们输了 他们俘获我们的军队 |
[19:19] | they can stage an invasion | 他们可以轻而易举 |
[19:21] | and sweep down through France unopposed! | 横扫法国 |
[19:23] | But Francis, we can’t lose! | 但弗朗西斯 我们不可能输 |
[19:26] | Yes, we can, | 我们会输 |
[19:27] | and we will! | 而且一定会输 |
[19:29] | Father, thousands will die. | 父亲 成千上万的人将会死去 |
[19:31] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[19:36] | “Blessed be the Lord, my strength, | “愿我的力量蒙主庇佑” |
[19:38] | “Which teacheth my hands to war, | “教导我的双手” |
[19:41] | and my fingers to fight.” | “能征善战” |
[19:43] | I prayed for His guidance, | 我祷告祈求上帝的旨意 |
[19:45] | and He spoke to me in a glorious waking dream. | 而他在美妙的白日梦里与我对话 |
[19:49] | He said that I would claim victory at Calais! | 他说我将会在加来取得胜利 |
[19:51] | Son, be happy with me! | 儿子 为我高兴吧 |
[19:55] | Thanks to your father, | 多亏了你父亲 |
[19:57] | you are going to rule half of Europe! | 你将会统治半个欧洲 |
[20:16] | Francis? | 弗朗西斯 |
[20:17] | What’s the matter? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. | 怎么了 你像见了鬼似的 |
[20:18] | I have. | 我确实见了鬼 |
[20:19] | It’s Father; he’s gone utterly mad. | 是父亲 他完全疯了 |
[20:22] | Define “Utterly,” because this is a man | “完全”是什么意思 |
[20:24] | who’s ridden a pig through the throne room | 因为这个人之前可是只穿着内衣 |
[20:26] | in nothing but his under things. | 骑着一只猪进了正殿 |
[20:27] | Mother, he is starting a war. | 母亲 他掀起了一场战争 |
[20:29] | – What? – He’s attacking Calais. | -什么 -他要攻击加来 |
[20:31] | Oh, Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[20:32] | Your father, is that what he told you? | 你父亲是这样告诉你的吗 |
[20:34] | – It’s all over his maps. – Darling, relax. | -他已部署完战略了 -亲爱的 别紧张 |
[20:36] | I’ve taken General Laval into my confidence. | 拉瓦勒将军是我的人 |
[20:39] | He knows to do nothing without my approval. | 他知道没有我的允许什么都别做 |
[20:42] | General Laval has been dismissed. | 拉瓦勒将军已经被免职了 |
[20:44] | Brantome’s in charge now. | 布兰托姆现在负责统筹 |
[20:46] | Who’s Brantome? | 谁是布兰托姆 |
[20:47] | Oh, yes, I forgot. | 没错 我忘了 |
[20:50] | He’s the new one Henry brought it | 他是亨利任命的新将军 |
[20:52] | to replace Laval when he refused to rename the Fifth Army | 以代替拉瓦略 因为他拒绝将第五军命名为 |
[20:56] | “God’s Gauls.” | “神之高卢” |
[20:59] | Don’t worry, Brantome’s with us. | 别担心 布兰托姆也是我们的人 |
[21:03] | All of these dismissed generals. | 这么多将军被免职了 |
[21:05] | I’m beginning to guess how Mary’s uncle knows so much. | 怪不得玛丽的舅舅知道这么多 |
[21:09] | What will you do when Father realizes | 如果父王意识到 |
[21:10] | your contravening all his orders? | 你驳回了他所有的命令会怎样 |
[21:12] | Tomorrow he’ll be invading the Spanish. | 明天他就会想进攻西班牙了 |
[21:14] | The next day the Dutch. | 后天轮到荷兰 |
[21:15] | When he starts remembering who he invaded yesterday, | 等他想起昨天自己在进攻谁 |
[21:17] | perhaps his wits will have returned, | 也许他也能恢复理智 |
[21:19] | and this whole nightmare will be over. | 噩梦就会结束了 |
[21:21] | Darling, relax. | 亲爱的 放松点 |
[21:23] | If I left things to chance, | 如果我放任事情发展 |
[21:26] | we’d still be bowing to Queen Penelope. | 那我们还得对佩内洛普王后卑躬屈膝呢 |
[21:29] | I promise, | 我发誓 |
[21:30] | it’s under control. | 一切都在掌控之中 |
[21:32] | For France’s sake, I hope you’re right. | 为了法国的安全 我希望你是对的 |
[21:38] | No. Not yet. | 不 别急 |
[21:44] | You know, we can stop all this. | 我们可以停下了 |
[21:47] | It worked. I’ve forgotten all about… | 已经起效了 我已经忘掉了… |
[21:50] | You see, I can’t even remember what his name is anymore. | 我已经记不起他的名字了 |
[21:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:55] | There’s still more that I want you to forget. | 还有些东西我想让你忘掉 |
[21:57] | Oh, in that case, I’ll forget that you told me | 那样的话 我已经忘了你告诉我 |
[21:59] | not to take off my skirt. | 不要脱掉裙子了 |
[22:02] | That’s not what I mean. | 我不是这个意思 |
[22:04] | I want you to forget… | 我想让你忘记 |
[22:06] | every boy who ever smiled at you. | 每个对你报以微笑的男人 |
[22:10] | Every man who ever flirted with you. | 每个与你调过情的男人 |
[22:14] | Everyone but me. | 除了我 |
[22:18] | Were the guards necessary? | 真的要带这些卫兵吗 |
[22:20] | Surely a messenger would have sufficed. | 一个信使应该就够了 |
[22:22] | I wanted to speak to you alone, away from your men. | 我想和你单独谈谈 让你的人退下 |
[22:24] | But not away from your men, I see. | 但你的人还在这 |
[22:27] | Have you spoken with your father? | 你和你父亲谈过了吗 |
[22:29] | The king will not agree to the position you want. | 国王不会让你如愿以偿的 |
[22:31] | You never asked him, did you? | 你都没问过他吧 |
[22:32] | We both know it was a fool’s errand. | 我们都知道这是多此一举 |
[22:34] | There is something else that you want from me. | 你还有其他的要求 |
[22:37] | Are you going to tell me, or am I meant to guess? | 你自己告诉我 还是要我来猜 |
[22:43] | Wise men… | 聪明的人 |
[22:44] | look to the future. | 会放眼未来 |
[22:46] | They’re patient. | 他们会耐心等待 |
[22:47] | When I started to build my army a decade ago, | 当我十年前开始建立军队时 |
[22:49] | other men saw a ragtag rabble. | 其他人都觉得我们是乞丐军 |
[22:51] | I saw what it would become: | 而我预见了未来 |
[22:54] | a bargaining chip | 军队就是我的谈判筹码 |
[22:55] | that would one day bring kings to me, | 终有一天 国王会来到我面前 |
[22:57] | begging for favors. | 祈求我的帮助 |
[23:00] | You never expected to be Father’s Lord Magistrate. | 你从未指望成为我父亲的治安官 |
[23:04] | You want to be mine, when I’m king, | 你想在我登上王位后 成为我的治安官 |
[23:07] | even if you have to be patient. | 即使你需要耐心等待 |
[23:09] | I won’t have to be patient for long, I don’t think. | 我不会等很久的 |
[23:12] | Is it poison, I wonder, that is driving him mad? | 我猜是毒药让国王失去理智的 |
[23:17] | I don’t trust you | 我不相信你 |
[23:19] | and I don’t like you. | 也不喜欢你 |
[23:21] | Well, being liked is a king’s job, | 招人喜欢是国王的工作 |
[23:23] | not his lieutenant’s. | 而不是他手下的 |
[23:27] | Everything in me says I should say no. | 我的理智与情感都认为我应该拒绝 |
[23:29] | And yet you are here… | 但你还是来了 |
[23:31] | away from your wife. | 没带上你的妻子 |
[23:33] | I think you knew you might have to say yes, | 你知道你可能必须答应 |
[23:36] | and she would object. | 而她会反对 |
[23:38] | She would pay any price to save Scotland, | 她可以不计一切代价拯救苏格兰 |
[23:40] | but would never ask you to. | 但永不会要求你这样做 |
[23:42] | She knows how your family feels about me. | 她知道你家人怎样看我 |
[23:45] | Well, you’ve just explained to me why I love her. | 这就是我爱她的原因 |
[23:47] | Enough to have her locked in a tower, I’ve heard. | 我听说你爱到把她锁到塔里了 |
[23:50] | Do you want this position or don’t you? | 你到底想不想坐上这位置 |
[23:52] | I want the chance to serve a great ruler. | 我希望有机会侍奉更明智的君主 |
[23:55] | Great rulers aren’t afraid of the truth, | 明智的君主不畏惧真相 |
[23:57] | no matter how painful. | 不管真相有多伤人 |
[24:00] | The truth is, you love your wife. | 而真相是 你爱你妻子 |
[24:02] | The truth is, | 真相是 |
[24:04] | she needs me. | 她需要我 |
[24:09] | So what will it be… | 所以结论是什么呢 |
[24:11] | …my prince? | 王子殿下 |
[24:15] | When I am king, the position is yours. | 等我登上王位后 那位置是你的了 |
[24:19] | But I have one condition. | 但有一个条件 |
[24:22] | Your men will report to me | 你的士兵向你报告的消息 |
[24:23] | as they would to you. | 也必须由他们向我报告 |
[24:25] | But why would you need my men to… | 但为什么要我的士兵… |
[24:26] | I’m going with you to Scotland. | 我会和你一起去苏格兰 |
[24:27] | Well, that’s unwise. | 这可不明智 |
[24:29] | And if you die, | 如果你死了 |
[24:30] | your promise to me is worth nothing. | 你的承诺将一钱不值 |
[24:32] | Well, then, I suggest you keep me alive. | 那最好确保我活着 |
[24:40] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[24:43] | My uncle agreed? | 我舅舅答应了 |
[24:44] | He’ll send enough men to Scotland | 他会派足够的人马前往苏格兰 |
[24:45] | to quell the rebellion and save my mother? | 平息叛乱 拯救我母亲吗 |
[24:47] | Yes. | 没错 |
[24:48] | I’d almost lost all hope. | 我差点都绝望了 |
[24:50] | Francis, how did you manage it? | 弗朗西斯 你怎么做到的 |
[24:52] | I convinced the Duke | 我说服了公爵 |
[24:53] | that it was in his best interests. | 满足了他的要求 |
[24:56] | I’ll explain when I’m back. | 我回来后会和你好好解释的 |
[24:58] | Back? | 回来 |
[24:59] | Back from where? | 从哪里回来 |
[25:01] | – I am going with him to Scotland. – What? | -我要和他一起去苏格兰 -什么 |
[25:05] | Francis, no. | 弗朗西斯 不 |
[25:06] | Mary, I have to. | 玛丽 我必须去 |
[25:07] | It’s the only way that I can assure your mother’s safety. | 只有这样我才能确保你母亲的安全 |
[25:10] | And what of your safety? | 那你就不顾自己的安全了吗 |
[25:11] | Well, the duke gets nothing if I don’t survive. | 我一死 公爵就会一无所获 |
[25:14] | With a man like that, | 和这样的人打交道 |
[25:15] | I can’t imagine a better guarantee. | 我想不出比这更好的保障了 |
[25:17] | Francis, I-I don’t know what to say. | 弗朗西斯 我不知道该说什么好 |
[25:20] | You’re saving my country, my mother, | 你拯救了我的国家 我的母亲 |
[25:23] | and you’re risking your life into the bargain. | 还拿自己的性命当赌注 |
[25:25] | You needn’t say anything. | 你什么都不必说 |
[25:28] | I’ve only kept my promise. | 我只是坚守我的承诺而已 |
[25:30] | As a king and a husband. | 作为一个国王 也是作为一个丈夫 |
[25:34] | You’ve done so much more than that. | 你做的远不止如此 |
[26:25] | I’m not complaining, but… | 我不是要抱怨 但是 |
[26:26] | I thought you wanted to take things slowly. | 我还以为你喜欢慢慢来呢 |
[26:28] | Not anymore. | 再也不会了 |
[26:46] | I’m here now. Out with it. | 我来了 有话就说吧 |
[26:49] | There was never a baby. | 我没有怀孕 |
[26:51] | That took less time than I thought. | 你松口的速度倒是比我预想的要快 |
[26:54] | Please can I keep working here in the castle? | 我能继续在城堡里工作吗 拜托了 |
[26:56] | I’ll empty chamber pots, | 我可以倒夜壶 |
[26:57] | I’ll muck stalls, anything. | 我可以清理牲畜栏 什么都行 |
[26:59] | Oh, stop groveling. | 得了 别对我摇尾乞怜了 |
[27:00] | As much as it warms me to hear it. | 听到就来气 |
[27:03] | I may have other uses for you. | 也许 我能给你找点别的事做 |
[27:05] | – Other uses? – I have ladies– | -别的事 -我有一些侍女 |
[27:07] | technically, they’re my friends, | 确切来说 她们是我的朋友 |
[27:08] | none of whom I trust. | 但我一个也不相信 |
[27:10] | Because they’re women who sleep with men for a cause. | 因为她们要为了一些原因和男人上床 |
[27:13] | Much like you did with the king. | 就像你和国王那样 |
[27:15] | Only it would be my cause. | 不同的是 她们都是为了我 |
[27:17] | I promise you’ll enjoy it more than emptying chamber pots. | 我保证这会比倒夜壶好受得多 |
[27:22] | I’m gonna send you | 我会把你送到 |
[27:23] | to a lady I know in Italy. | 我在意大利相熟的一个女士那儿 |
[27:25] | You’ll be taught | 她会教授你 |
[27:26] | proper manners, and the art of deception. | 合适的礼仪和骗术 |
[27:29] | And if you work hard, | 如果你够努力的话 |
[27:31] | you may be welcomed back in the castle | 你就可以回到城堡里 |
[27:33] | as a member of my Flying Squad. | 成为我”机动队”的一员 |
[27:36] | This is where you thank me. | 现在你该谢谢我 |
[27:38] | Thank you, Your Majesty. | 谢谢您 王后陛下 |
[27:45] | That will need fixing, too. | 这姿势也有待调教 |
[27:49] | My family has owned successful mines for generations, | 我家族世代占据着一些好矿山 |
[27:53] | and I’d always hoped to pass that expertise on | 我一直希望能将这财产传承下去 |
[27:55] | to my son, but unfortunately, | 传给我儿子 但可惜的是 |
[27:57] | I’ve had only daughters. | 我家里净是女儿 |
[28:00] | Take the Dumfries mine– | 您可以拥有顿弗里斯矿山 |
[28:02] | it’s returned 20 tons of copper a week for years. | 数年来 它每周产铜量都有20吨 |
[28:05] | A perfect investment for a man such as yourself. | 对像您这样的人来说 这投资再好不过了 |
[28:07] | Lord Castleroy does quite well | 卡斯罗伊大人的香料生意 |
[28:08] | in the spice industry, Father. Why would he want | 经营得有声有色 父亲 他怎么会 |
[28:10] | to invest in mines all the way over in Scotland? | 想要千里迢迢去苏格兰投资矿山呢 |
[28:13] | You can’t want me to waste Lord Castleroy’s time | 你不能让我白白浪费卡斯罗伊大人的时间 |
[28:15] | explaining things that are beyond your intelligence. | 去解释一些你的智商理解不了的问题 |
[28:18] | Do I have it wrong? | 我说错了吗 |
[28:20] | I think you do, sir. | 我觉得您错了 先生 |
[28:21] | Quite wrong. I think you forget | 大错特错 您是否忘记了 |
[28:23] | you’re no longer simply addressing your daughter, | 你不再是单单在对您女儿说话 |
[28:26] | but my future wife. | 她也是我未来的妻子 |
[28:28] | And I’m sorry to say that’s not your first mistake. | 很抱歉 这还不是您的第一个错误 |
[28:32] | I’ve done research on your mines, | 我调查过您的矿山了 |
[28:34] | and… Dumfries… | 顿弗里斯 |
[28:36] | has been played out for years. | 数年前资源就已被耗尽 |
[28:39] | Much like the rest of your holdings. | 和您其余的资产差不多 |
[28:42] | Now, let’s look at some different figures. | 现在 看些不同的数据吧 |
[28:46] | As part of our marriage settlement, | 作为我们婚后财产契约的一部分 |
[28:47] | I will provide 10,000 francs | 我会为葛瑞尔每位姐妹提供 |
[28:49] | to each of Greer’s sisters to be used as their future dowries. | 10万法郎作为她们未来的嫁妆 |
[28:54] | This will allow your daughters | 这能让你的女儿们 |
[28:54] | to marry men of title and fortune, | 嫁一个有钱的贵族 |
[28:57] | making you and your family wealthy. | 也能让你和你的家族富裕起来 |
[29:01] | That is what you want… isn’t it? | 这就是你想要的 不是吗 |
[29:05] | There is just one condition. | 只有一个条件 |
[29:07] | Greer will have final approval | 葛瑞尔得对她妹妹们的婚事 |
[29:09] | over her sisters’ marriages, | 享有最终决定权 |
[29:10] | so she can see to it that they marry men they love, | 这样她就能保证她们都能嫁给真爱 |
[29:14] | not those forced on them. | 而不是被逼婚 |
[29:21] | Uh, why are you doing this? | 您怎么会这么做 |
[29:24] | A good businessman always knows what something is worth. | 好商人总是知道怎么做才是值得的 |
[29:28] | And to me… | 对我来说 |
[29:30] | Greer is priceless. | 葛瑞尔是无价之宝 |
[29:38] | I never meant for you to go to war for me. | 我从不想你为了我踏上战场 |
[29:42] | When are you going to realize that I love you, | 你什么时候才能明白我爱你 |
[29:45] | and I’ll do anything for you? | 并愿意为你付出一切呢 |
[29:48] | Darling, let me be grateful for what you’ve done | 亲爱的 谢谢你为我做的一切 |
[29:51] | without making promises you can’t keep. | 但别做出你无法兑现的承诺 |
[29:54] | What you did was extraordinary. | 你所做的一切无人能及 |
[29:57] | I think maybe when I return, | 也许我回来时 |
[30:01] | you won’t be the only one waiting for me. | 你不会是唯一一个等我回来的人 |
[30:04] | You’re suddenly very sure of yourself. | 你怎么突然这么自信了 |
[30:06] | I am. | 本来就是 |
[30:09] | But just to be safe. | 但还是以防万一 |
[30:31] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[30:34] | Am I the only one in this bed with something to forget? | 这床上只有我一个人需要忘记吗 |
[30:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:41] | When you’re with me, | 当你和我在一起时 |
[30:43] | I want to be the only one inside your head. | 我希望你脑海中只有我 |
[30:47] | I want you to look | 我希望你凝视我的双眼 |
[30:48] | into my eyes and see only me. | 并且只看得到我的身影 |
[30:54] | I want you to always remember what I feel like. | 我希望你永远记得我给你的感觉 |
[30:57] | So when you’re using your fingers for some other task, | 这样当你用你的手指做别的事情时 |
[31:01] | you wish they were touching me instead. | 你会希望它们触摸到的是我 |
[31:03] | I will. | 我会的 |
[31:05] | I want you to always remember | 我希望你永远记住 |
[31:06] | what it feels like to be with your wife. | 和你妻子在一起的感觉 |
[31:31] | Ah, my wife and my son. | 妻子和儿子 |
[31:34] | Closest family I have in this world. | 这世上我最亲近的家人 |
[31:36] | Sharing my castle, my blood, | 和我住同一座城堡 流着同样的血液 |
[31:38] | my legacy. | 分享我的遗产 |
[31:39] | Why would you lie to me? | 为什么要对我撒谎 |
[31:42] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[31:42] | Don’t bother adding more lies to the pile. | 别再想着用谎言掩盖谎言了 |
[31:45] | I know what you’ve done. | 我知道你的所作所为 |
[31:46] | You’ve kept me caged up in this place | 你把我像你的金丝雀一样 |
[31:48] | like one of your song birds. | 关在这里 |
[31:49] | Sending in Generals to humor me. | 派你的将军来迎合我 |
[31:53] | Don’t blame mother when you’ve been | 别怪母亲 毕竟 |
[31:54] | hatching plans to attack half of Europe. | 你在策划攻击半个欧洲 |
[31:57] | They aren’t plans anymore! | 这不再是策划了 |
[31:59] | French forces marched for Calais this morning. | 法国军队今早进军加来 |
[32:01] | They’re already halfway there. | 他们已经在路上了 |
[32:03] | You think I’m delusional? | 你们以为我是在痴心妄想吗 |
[32:05] | Read these dispatches. | 看看这些急件吧 |
[32:07] | They aren’t from any of your performing Generals. | 这可不是你那些装模作样的将军发来的 |
[32:11] | What happened to General Brantome? | 布兰托姆将军怎么了 |
[32:13] | I’ve sacked them all. | 我把他们都开除了 |
[32:14] | – We don’t need any Generals. – You… | -我们不需要什么将军 -你 |
[32:15] | Not when we have a king to lead our men. | 自有国王来引导我们的人民 |
[32:17] | I leave tonight | 我今晚就出发 |
[32:18] | to join the invasion. | 加入侵略的大军 |
[32:25] | Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
[32:29] | No trousers. | 没穿裤子 |
[32:32] | This keeps happening. | 总是这样 |
[32:35] | I realize now that you two | 我发现了 你们两个 |
[32:37] | were only trying to protect me. | 只是想保护我 |
[32:40] | Guarding my legacy. | 看着我的遗产 |
[32:41] | But that’s my job, not yours. | 但那是我的事 与你们无关 |
[32:45] | I will not be remembered as King Henry, | 我不要被世人当做亨利国王 |
[32:47] | ruler who dreamed of conquest. | 一个梦想去征服的统治者 |
[32:50] | I’ll be remembered as King Henry, conqueror. | 我要作为征服者被历史铭记 |
[32:53] | Greatest military strategist | 我要当汉尼拔之后的 |
[32:55] | since Hannibal. | 最伟大的军事战略家 |
[32:57] | Henry, darling, you’re not well. | 亲爱的亨利 你身体有恙 |
[32:59] | I have headaches. | 我有头疼 |
[33:01] | You know what else I have? | 你知道我还有什么吗 |
[33:02] | The backing of God. | 上帝的支持 |
[33:05] | Francis, please, | 弗朗西斯 求你了 |
[33:06] | talk some sense into your father. | 快跟你父亲谈谈让他清醒吧 |
[33:08] | It’s too late. | 太晚了 |
[33:09] | We can’t stop the invasion. | 我们阻止不了侵略了 |
[33:11] | And anyway, | 反正 |
[33:13] | Father’s right. | 父亲是正确的 |
[33:14] | What? | 什么 |
[33:17] | We can take Calais. | 我们能拿下加来 |
[33:19] | Any fool knows he can’t do that. | 傻瓜都知道他不能这样做 |
[33:21] | It’s true, Father’s army would fail on its own. | 确实 父亲的军队必败无疑 |
[33:24] | But two armies. | 但是两支军队呢 |
[33:27] | One marching head on. | 一支北上 |
[33:29] | The other across this frozen marsh, | 另一支穿越这片寒冷的沼泽地 |
[33:32] | flanking the English from behind. | 从后面包抄英格兰 |
[33:33] | Do you mean the Duke’s army? Mary’s army? | 你是说公爵的军队 玛丽的军队吗 |
[33:37] | Mary will have to understand. | 玛丽肯定会理解 |
[33:40] | I have no choice. | 我也是迫不得已 |
[33:42] | I need the Duke’s army to save France. | 我需要公爵的军队来拯救法国 |
[33:46] | If we don’t win this war, it won’t matter | 如果我们赢不了这场战争 玛丽的母亲 |
[33:48] | what happens with Mary’s mother. | 发生什么事都无关紧要了 |
[33:51] | England will have its way with both our countries. | 英格兰肯定会向我们两国开战的 |
[33:56] | Father, if I do this, | 父亲 如果我这么做 |
[33:59] | you have to cooperate. | 你必须好好配合 |
[34:00] | No more dismissing anyone who disagrees. | 不能再把有异议的人革职了 |
[34:03] | You will be a conqueror | 你可以成为征服者 |
[34:06] | but only if we work together. | 但前提是我们要齐心协力 |
[34:09] | Can you promise me that? | 你可以跟我保证吗 |
[34:11] | My son, | 我的儿子 |
[34:13] | making history with me, | 要和我一起创造历史 |
[34:16] | just like I’ve always dreamed. | 我一直以来的梦想终于要成真了 |
[34:37] | I wanted to apologize for my behavior earlier. | 我要为我之前的行为向你道歉 |
[34:39] | I hope I wasn’t out of line. | 我希望自己没过界 |
[34:41] | It’s my father who should be apologizing, | 该道歉的是我父亲 |
[34:43] | though he never would. | 虽然他肯定不会道歉的 |
[34:45] | No one’s ever stood up for me like that before. | 以前从没有人像你那样维护我 |
[34:47] | – Or for my sisters. – I was surprised to see | -还有我的妹妹们 -你父亲在场时 |
[34:49] | how quiet you acted around your father. | 我没想到你会表现得那么安静 |
[34:52] | I’ve come to rather enjoy your usual nature. | 我都已经习惯你平常的样子了 |
[34:54] | Outspoken, bold. | 心直口快 敢作敢为 |
[34:57] | How long have you known the truth about us? | 你知道我们的事多久了 |
[34:59] | I’ve known for some time. | 有段时间了吧 |
[35:00] | As a businessman, I always do my research. | 作为商人 我一向喜欢事先做调查 |
[35:02] | But as a gentleman, I-I wasn’t about to bring it up. | 但作为一个绅士 我不想跟你提 |
[35:06] | And as your future husband, you should know I’m… | 而且作为你未来的丈夫 你该知道我… |
[35:07] | Too rich to care. | 根本不在乎那一点儿钱 |
[35:11] | I can’t thank you enough. | 真的非常感谢你 |
[35:12] | No need to thank me. | 不用谢我 |
[35:14] | Everyone deserves the chance to find happiness. | 谁都有寻找幸福的权利 |
[35:17] | Just as I have. | 就和我一样 |
[35:19] | Which brings me to this, | 这倒提醒了我 |
[35:20] | I have something I’d like you to look over. | 我有东西给你看 |
[35:22] | But promise me you won’t sign it | 但你要跟我保证 |
[35:25] | until you’re ready. | 准备好了再签 |
[35:34] | This is our wedding contract. | 这是我们的婚约 |
[35:35] | Yes, and since you’re now | 对 既然现在 |
[35:37] | in charge of all marriage contracts for your family, | 你负责你们家族的所有婚约 |
[35:40] | it means nothing without your approval. | 没有你的同意它就毫无意义 |
[35:59] | Is something wrong ? | 有什么不对吗 |
[36:00] | No, that felt surprisingly right. | 不是 是没想到感觉这么对 |
[36:05] | So you are taking my mother’s last hope, | 你要夺走我母亲最后的希望 |
[36:08] | leaving her to the mercy of thousands of Protestant rebels | 任成千上万名觊觎她项上人头 |
[36:12] | demanding her head and my crown. | 还有我王冠的新教叛军 随意处置她 |
[36:15] | Mary, please understand. | 玛丽 你要理解我 |
[36:16] | I do understand. | 我理解 |
[36:19] | You’re doing what you think is best for your country. | 你这是尽心尽力为了你的国家好 |
[36:21] | Not only my country. | 不仅是我的国家 |
[36:22] | If France is beaten at Calais, your country will suffer, too. | 如果加来一战法国战败 你的国家也会遭殃 |
[36:25] | – France can hardly defend Scotland. – Defend Scotland? | -这样法国就保护不了苏格兰了 -保护苏格兰 |
[36:28] | When have you ever defended Scotland? | 你们什么时候保护过苏格兰了 |
[36:31] | Except with brave words? | 除了那些空口白话 |
[36:32] | – That is not fair. – Now you want fair? | -你这么说不公平 -你现在想要公平了 |
[36:35] | We are rulers, not schoolchildren. | 我们是统治者 不是小孩子 |
[36:37] | Blood will be spilled because of the choice you have made, | 你的决定会导致有人流血死亡 |
[36:40] | – my mother’s blood. – You don’t know that. | -我母亲的血 -你这是凭空猜测 |
[36:42] | But the blood of thousands would be spilled… | 但是会有成千上万的人死去… |
[36:44] | Yes, French blood, I know. | 对 法国人 我知道 |
[36:45] | I do not only think of France! | 我没有只为法国考虑 |
[36:51] | No, you do not. | 对 你是没有 |
[36:54] | But you do put her first. | 但你把法国放在第一位 |
[36:56] | As any king would. | 就和任何国王一样 |
[36:59] | Then can you forgive me? | 那你能原谅我吗 |
[37:02] | It is myself I cannot forgive. | 我无法原谅的是自己 |
[37:06] | I’ve made an awful mistake. | 我之前大错特错 |
[37:08] | Our marriage was an awful mistake. | 我们的婚姻就是个可怕的错误 |
[37:10] | Please don’t say that. | 求你 不要这样说 |
[37:11] | There were a thousand moments where I could’ve done something. | 我有那么多机会为自己的祖国尽一份力量 |
[37:14] | Made secret treaties, sold favors, | 签署秘密协约 花钱找人帮忙 |
[37:19] | even snuck away to Scotland | 我甚至可以偷溜回苏格兰 |
[37:20] | to be with those people who need me. | 与那些需要我的人在一起 |
[37:22] | And do you know why I didn’t? | 你知道我为什么没那么做吗 |
[37:25] | Because I love you. | 因为我爱你 |
[37:28] | Because I am your wife. | 因为我是你妻子 |
[37:30] | Mary, listen, when we have taken Calais, | 玛丽 如果我们拿下加来 |
[37:32] | the first thing I will do is travel to Scotland | 我要做的第一件事就是和你舅舅的军队 |
[37:34] | with your uncle’s army. | 一起去苏格兰 |
[37:35] | We can still save your mother. | 我们还有机会救你母亲 |
[37:37] | Like when you promised you would take me | 就像你以前答应我的和我哥哥一起 |
[37:39] | to Scotland with my brother? | 带我去苏格兰吗 |
[37:40] | Like when you promised soldiers the time before that | 就像你之前答应我的给我军队 |
[37:43] | and the time before that? | 还有之前的之前答应的种种吗 |
[37:45] | You make it sound like every promise I make is an empty one. | 你这话说的好像我的承诺都是一场空话 |
[37:47] | What other promise can you make? | 你还能承诺我什么 |
[37:51] | You are the future king. | 你是未来的国王 |
[37:53] | It’s not that simple. | 没那么简单 |
[37:55] | Maybe it should be. | 可能就该简单点 |
[37:58] | For both of us. | 我们两个人都该简单点 |
[38:01] | What does that mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[38:04] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[38:08] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[38:15] | I’m only going to ask two things of you. | 我现在只要求你两件事 |
[38:22] | The first is that you stop making me promises | 第一 不要再跟我空许一些 |
[38:25] | you know in your heart you can’t keep. | 你深知无法兑现的承诺 |
[38:35] | And the other? | 第二呢 |
[38:42] | Come back to me. | 回到我身边吧 |
[38:44] | Live through this battle. | 活着打完这场战 |
[38:47] | And don’t let England cost me you. | 不要让英格兰夺走你 |
[39:00] | Forward! | 前进 |
[39:01] | Have faith, Mary. | 要有信心 玛丽 |
[39:02] | Francis is clever and strong. | 弗朗西斯为人聪明坚强 |
[39:04] | He’ll return home safely. | 他一定会平安回来的 |
[39:07] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[39:09] | But even if he survives, | 但即使他活着回来 |
[39:12] | our marriage is… | 我们的婚姻也… |
[39:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[39:17] | Francis is trying to save his country, | 弗朗西斯是想拯救自己的国家 |
[39:19] | and I can forgive him for that, | 这我可以原谅 |
[39:21] | as I hope he will forgive me | 我希望他也会原谅我 |
[39:24] | for doing what needs to be done for Scotland, | 为苏格兰做一些必要的事 |
[39:26] | whatever that may be. | 不论是什么事 |
[39:27] | What if he can’t forgive you? | 要是他无法原谅你呢 |
[39:30] | Well, that will just be too bad. | 那可就糟了 |
[39:33] | I won’t let him put my country at risk again. | 我不会再让他置我的国家于危险之中了 |