时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You killed 12 of my countrymen. | 你杀了我12个人 |
[00:05] | I will never forgive you for this. | 我将永不原谅你 |
[00:07] | Lord Castleroy, | 卡斯尔雷大人 |
[00:08] | I heard what you did for Leith. | 我听说你为利思所做的事了 |
[00:10] | Getting him out of jail, into the army. | 救他出监狱 让他去从军 |
[00:11] | I didn’t do it for him. I did it for you. | 我不是为了他 我是为了你 |
[00:14] | My mother is a Catholic ally. | 我母亲是天主教盟友 |
[00:16] | She is under attack. Enemies screaming for her head. | 她被攻击了 敌人叫嚣要她的头 |
[00:19] | – And no one cares. – But the Duke of Guise? | -竟然无人关心 -但吉斯公爵 |
[00:21] | Do you know anyone else with an army as large? Or as loyal? | 还有别人有这么衷心的大军吗 |
[00:24] | Your men will report to me | 你的士兵向你报告的消息 |
[00:25] | as they would to you. | 也必须由他们向我报告 |
[00:26] | But why would you need my men…? | 但为什么要我的士兵… |
[00:28] | I’m going with you to Scotland. | 我会和你一起去苏格兰 |
[00:29] | French forces marched for Calais this morning. | 法国军队今早进军加来 |
[00:31] | Henry, you’re not well. | 亨利 你身体有恙 |
[00:33] | We can take Calais. | 我们能拿下加来 |
[00:34] | Any fool knows he can’t do that. | 傻瓜都知道他不能这样做 |
[00:36] | It’s true, Father’s army would fail on its own… | 确实 父亲的军队必败无疑 |
[00:39] | but two armies… | 但是两支军队呢 |
[00:40] | Do you mean the duke’s army? Mary’s army? | 你是说公爵的军队 玛丽的军队吗 |
[00:42] | Mary will have to understand. I have no choice. | 玛丽肯定会理解 我也是迫不得已 |
[00:45] | Francis is trying to save his country. | 弗朗西斯是想拯救自己的国家 |
[00:47] | And I can forgive him for that as I hope he will forgive me | 这我可以原谅 我希望他也会原谅我 |
[00:51] | for doing what needs to be done for Scotland. | 为了苏格兰做一些必要的事 |
[01:00] | The English attacked at dawn. | 英格兰人黎明开始进攻 |
[01:02] | It took almost everything we had, | 我们死伤惨重 |
[01:04] | but we beat them back. | 但是击退了他们 |
[01:06] | Between the constant attacks and desertions, | 他们不断攻击 我们这边有士兵逃跑 |
[01:08] | we won’t be able to hold the line. | 没法坚持下去的 |
[01:10] | Where’s your commander? | 你的指挥官呢 |
[01:11] | Dead. Who’s asking? | 死了 你是谁 |
[01:13] | The Dauphin of France. | 法国王储 |
[01:15] | Stand when you address him. | 你要站着和我说话 |
[01:18] | The English have been on our soil in Calais for two centuries. | 英格兰人占领加来太久了 |
[01:22] | I, for one, am tired of seeing them attack our lines. | 他们总是袭击我们 我已经受够了 |
[01:24] | I’m sure you are, too. | 你们肯定也一样 |
[01:27] | That’s why you’re not gonna hold this outpost anymore. | 所以你们不必在这里放哨了 |
[01:30] | You’re going to advance. | 你们要进攻 |
[01:31] | But we’ve lost half our company. | 但我们失去了一半的伙伴 |
[01:32] | The English know that. | 英格兰人知道 |
[01:34] | That’s why they keep attacking, | 所以他们才持续攻击 |
[01:35] | taking a few of us each time, | 每次干掉一些我们的人 |
[01:37] | until we can’t fight anymore | 直到我们无法抵抗 |
[01:38] | and are forced to retreat. | 被迫撤退 |
[01:39] | We’re in danger of losing this war | 如果我们不主动进攻 |
[01:41] | if we don’t act. | 就可能战败 |
[01:43] | The soldiers that you repelled this morning | 今早你们击退的士兵 |
[01:45] | come from the castle of Montmorency. | 是从蒙莫朗西城堡来的 |
[01:47] | That castle stands between us and our route to Calais. | 那座城堡位于我们去加来的路上 |
[01:50] | If we take it, we clear the way. | 如果我们攻占城堡 就扫清了道路 |
[01:52] | So the Duke of Guise can stop holding the English back | 吉斯公爵就可以不再在东部战线 |
[01:54] | on the eastern front, and push his men through | 拖住英格兰人 还能派遣兵力 |
[01:56] | where the English aren’t prepared to defend themselves. | 打得英格兰人措手不及 |
[01:59] | He has thousands of men. | 他的军队人数庞大 |
[02:01] | But there’s 12 of us. | 但我们才12个人 |
[02:03] | You want us to take a castle? | 你想让我们攻占城堡吗 |
[02:04] | Not you alone. | 不止是你们 |
[02:06] | All the men along the line will advance as well. | 这条战线上所有人都会进攻 |
[02:09] | My Lord, Your Grace. | 公爵 殿下 |
[02:11] | The English have been spotted, headed this way. | 有人发现英格兰人正往这边前进 |
[02:13] | We need to get you to safety. | 我们得送您去安全的地方 |
[02:14] | So much for advancing to a bloody castle. | 没法再攻占该死的城堡了 |
[02:18] | Send word to the Duke. | 告诉公爵 |
[02:19] | Tell him to get here as soon as he can. | 让他尽快赶来 |
[02:21] | Your Grace, you can’t stay. | 殿下 您不能留下 |
[02:23] | If the English see you on horseback, | 如果英格兰人看见您在马背上 |
[02:25] | if they even recognize you as a noble, | 如果他们认出你是贵族 |
[02:26] | they’ll take you out first. | 就会先干掉你 |
[02:32] | Meet your new commander. | 我是你的新指挥官 |
[02:33] | We’re advancing to a bloody castle. | 我们要去攻占该死的城堡 |
[02:39] | We missed you at breakfast. | 吃早餐时没你真不习惯 |
[02:41] | It’s not healthy to spend so much time alone. | 一直独处可不好啊 |
[02:43] | I know, I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[02:44] | I’m just worried about Francis. | 我只是很担心弗朗西斯 |
[02:46] | I know you parted on painful terms. | 我知道你们痛苦地分开了 |
[02:48] | He took men meant for my mother’s protection | 他带走了本该保护我母亲的人 |
[02:50] | to save French soldiers. | 去救法国的士兵 |
[02:53] | I know he had to. | 我知道他得这样 |
[02:54] | Thousands of Frenchmen would have died otherwise. | 不然成千上万的法国人就会死 |
[02:57] | Do all married couples have these struggles? | 所有夫妇都有这些烦恼吗 |
[03:00] | I think you’ve redefined marital discord. | 我觉得你重新定义了婚姻不和 |
[03:12] | Mary, what is it? | 玛丽 怎么了 |
[03:13] | That guard. | 那个守卫 |
[03:15] | Every time I see him, I want to gouge his eyes out. | 每次我看见他 都想挖掉他的眼睛 |
[03:18] | Why on earth? Who is he? | 为什么 他是谁 |
[03:20] | Your Grace, pardon my intrusion, | 女王陛下 很抱歉打扰您 |
[03:23] | but there’s an urgent letter for you. | 但是有一封您的紧急信件 |
[03:25] | Ah, my cousins! | 我的表亲们 |
[03:28] | Roman, how lovely to see you. | 罗曼 见到你真高兴 |
[03:34] | Hortensa. | 霍顿莎 |
[03:35] | You look well, Catherine. | 你看起来气色不错 凯瑟琳 |
[03:37] | Given the circumstances. | 丝毫不受目前情况的影响 |
[03:38] | What circumstances are those? | 什么意思 |
[03:40] | That your husband has left the castle again. | 你的丈夫又离开了城堡 |
[03:43] | I hear he’s with a mistress in Paris. | 我听说他和情妇在巴黎 |
[03:45] | Usually you time your visits | 通常你来拜访的时间 |
[03:47] | around Henry’s availability. | 亨利都不在 |
[03:49] | Though it could be said he’s in a bad temper of late. | 可能因为亨利很讨厌迟到吧 |
[03:53] | So you would have enjoyed his company | 所以你总是来得不刚好 |
[03:55] | less than usual. | 享受不到他的陪伴 |
[03:57] | I always enjoy his company. | 我一直都享受他的陪伴 |
[03:59] | As I know he always greatly enjoyed mine. | 我知道他也很享受我的陪伴 |
[04:01] | Except for the day when he left you in tears | 除了那天 他让你泪流满面 |
[04:03] | because he decided to marry me. | 因为他决定娶我 |
[04:04] | Oh, life is full of surprises, isn’t it? | 生活真是充满惊喜 对吧 |
[04:08] | Roman has trade. | 罗曼要做交易 |
[04:09] | As for me, | 至于我 |
[04:10] | I’ve come to reclaim the team of men I loaned you. | 我是来要回借给你的一队人的 |
[04:12] | I need them for a job back in Florence. | 我需要他们在佛罗伦萨办事 |
[04:14] | I assume you have no objection | 我想你不会拒绝吧 |
[04:16] | as they’ve already served their purpose? | 毕竟他们已经为你办事很久了 |
[04:17] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[04:18] | These are my cousins. | 这些是我的表亲 |
[04:20] | Hortensa, Roman de Medici. | 霍顿莎 罗曼·德·梅第奇 |
[04:22] | Mary, Queen of Scotland. | 玛丽 苏格兰女王 |
[04:24] | I remember you as a child. | 我还记得你小时候的样子 |
[04:26] | So talkative, free with words. | 真健谈 什么都说 |
[04:30] | Catherine, could I have a private word with you? | 凯瑟琳 我能和你单独说句话吗 |
[04:32] | Oh, there you go. | 瞧瞧 |
[04:33] | More words. | 话还是这么多 |
[04:35] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[04:36] | Uh, Beatrice, will you please | 碧翠丝 能不能麻烦你 |
[04:38] | show my cousins to their chambers | 带我的表亲去他们的房间里 |
[04:39] | and stay with them | 照顾好他们 |
[04:40] | to ensure their comfort? | 让他们不必拘谨 |
[04:44] | Mary, what is it? | 玛丽 什么事 |
[04:45] | I’ve received a letter from my mother. | 我收到了我母亲的来信 |
[04:47] | Marie de Guise. | 玛莉·德·吉斯 |
[04:48] | The Protestant insurgents surrounding her castle | 围住她城堡的新教徒叛军 |
[04:50] | are demanding blood. | 要求血债血偿 |
[04:51] | It’s no longer a case of fighting them. | 这已经不是和他们对抗的问题了 |
[04:53] | If she has any hope of survival, | 如果想活下来 |
[04:54] | she needs to escape in secret. | 她就得秘密逃走 |
[04:57] | But she needs money to do so. | 但是要逃走需要钱 |
[04:59] | For guards, transport, bribes if necessary. | 给侍卫 用作交通费 甚至是用来贿赂 |
[05:03] | Well, this is awful. | 太不幸了 |
[05:04] | But why are you coming to me? | 但是你来找我干什么 |
[05:05] | – You know that I can’t… – She also wrote to me | -你知道我不能 -之前你有生命之虞时 |
[05:07] | of a time when you feared for your life. | 她也给我写过一封信 |
[05:09] | You wrote to my mother asking for help. | 她告诉我你写信向她求助 |
[05:11] | And she came through with a loan of 50,000 crowns | 于是她带了五万克朗来 |
[05:14] | – to recruit an army. – I never used that money. | -帮你招兵买马 -那笔钱我从未用过 |
[05:17] | Well, you never gave it back, either. | 可你也从未归还 |
[05:18] | I’ve exchanged ten times that amount with your mother. | 我跟你母亲50万都交易过 |
[05:22] | Is this really about an old debt? | 你真的要来跟我翻旧账吗 |
[05:24] | No. It’s about how it feels | 不 我是觉得你知道 |
[05:26] | to be a female ruler, trapped and alone. | 作为一个女性统治者孤身被困的感受 |
[05:30] | If anyone knows how terrifying that is, it is you. | 那种可怕的感觉你最清楚了 |
[05:32] | And I’d help if I could. | 要是我有办法的话肯定会帮忙 |
[05:34] | But all of the court’s money is tied up in the war with Calais. | 但是宫廷的钱都用在加来的战争上了 |
[05:37] | I’m not talking about the court’s money. | 我说的不是宫廷的钱 |
[05:40] | I’m talking about your money. | 是你的钱 |
[05:42] | The funds you keep hidden. | 你私藏的那些钱 |
[05:43] | Just in case you have to leave France in a hurry. | 为有朝一日你不得不匆忙离开法国准备的 |
[05:45] | – I don’t… – Don’t try to deny it. | -我不… -不要否认了 |
[05:47] | Not six months ago, | 事情过去还没半年 |
[05:48] | you escaped the tower and were ready to disappear | 那时你逃出锁塔 准备消失 |
[05:50] | because Henry wanted you dead. | 因为亨利想置你于死地 |
[05:52] | How were you going to support yourself in exile? | 你要是跑了要怎么养活自己 |
[05:55] | You and my mother were friends once. | 你和我母亲以前是朋友 |
[05:58] | I wish her well. | 希望她能躲过此劫 |
[05:59] | There is no hidden money. | 但我没什么私房钱 |
[06:01] | Catherine, I beg of you! | 凯瑟琳 我求你了 |
[06:03] | You’re a queen! Don’t beg. | 你是堂堂女王 不要求人 |
[06:06] | It invites sympathy, then pity, then disdain. | 否则会引人同情 可怜 然后就是鄙视 |
[06:12] | Give the impression that you’re weak, | 会让人觉得你很懦弱 |
[06:15] | and you’ll soon need a secret fund. | 这样你马上就需要私房钱了 |
[06:26] | That’s all. You may go. | 可以了 你们下去吧 |
[06:39] | Who’s there? | 是谁 |
[06:41] | John Priveaux. | 约翰·普沃 |
[06:43] | At your service. | 陛下有何吩咐 |
[06:44] | I wondered when you’d get here. | 你是怎么进来的 |
[06:46] | You weren’t seen? | 没被人发现吗 |
[06:47] | I’m never seen. | 从未被发现过 |
[06:48] | And yet your name is known in certain circles. | 可是你在某些圈子却声名远扬 |
[06:51] | Your uncle’s for one? | 你舅舅就是其中之一吧 |
[06:53] | He has spoken of your rise in your field. | 他跟我说过你的发家史 |
[06:55] | A man who gets the job done. A mercenary. | 替人办事 雇佣兵 |
[06:58] | Your messenger said you had an urgent matter to discuss. | 去送信的人说你有紧急事务协商 |
[07:02] | Queen Catherine has a secret stash | 凯瑟琳王后私藏了一笔黄金 |
[07:04] | of gold somewhere for emergencies. | 以备不时之需 |
[07:06] | I need you to find it and bring it to me. | 我要你找到黄金带给我 |
[07:08] | I would have preferred to have not used your services, | 我也不想找你来办事 |
[07:11] | but I gave Catherine the option of being a human being | 可我给过凯瑟琳做个好人救人一命的机会 |
[07:14] | and saving a life, and she refused. | 她拒绝了 |
[07:17] | Was that wise? | 这样做明智吗 |
[07:19] | Considering you’re about to steal it? | 您是想把黄金偷来啊 |
[07:21] | Done right, she won’t even notice it’s gone. | 做得好她就不会发现黄金不翼而飞 |
[07:23] | Perhaps not for months. | 可能好几个月都不会发现 |
[07:25] | By then, it will be too late. | 到那时 一切都晚了 |
[07:26] | Fair enough. | 说得对 |
[07:27] | I’ll have it for you in two days. | 两天后我会把黄金交到您手上 |
[07:29] | Well, how will you go about it? | 你想怎么做 |
[07:30] | You don’t want the details. | 细节您不必知道 |
[07:32] | I won’t have blood spilled if that’s what you’re intending. | 我不想看到有人因此丧命 |
[07:35] | No one intends to spill blood. | 不会有人故意去杀人 |
[07:37] | But plans go awry. | 但是计划赶不上变化 |
[07:39] | Obstacles come up. | 困难阻碍也会出现 |
[07:41] | I can’t be expected to finish my job with half my tools. | 不让我放开手脚去做 我无法完成任务 |
[07:44] | No innocent blood then. | 那就不要伤及无辜 |
[07:47] | Promise me. | 向我保证 |
[07:49] | I can promise I’ll try. | 我只能说我尽量 |
[07:50] | But if it gets in the way of success… | 但是如果有人碍手碍脚… |
[07:52] | You will keep me apprised before any serious action is taken. | 你若想有大动作 必须提前告诉我 |
[07:57] | Leave everything to me. | 都交给我吧 |
[08:11] | Forgive me, Father. | 原谅我 神父 |
[08:13] | Since my last confession, | 我上次忏悔之后 |
[08:14] | I have taken the Lord’s name in vain many times. | 又多次辜负了上帝 |
[08:17] | And ordered the assassination of a dozen Scottish visitors. | 我下令刺杀了一群苏格兰客人 |
[08:22] | I struck my servant. | 我打了我的仆人 |
[08:24] | A slap, which I regret, | 扇了她一耳光 对此我很后悔 |
[08:26] | as it was a loss of self-control. | 我是失控了才那么做的 |
[08:28] | And she’s been sulky ever since. | 自那时起她就一直郁郁寡欢 |
[08:31] | Also, my cousin | 还有 我的表亲 |
[08:33] | Hortensa is here. | 霍顿莎来了 |
[08:35] | Expect worse of me. | 她就想看我过得不好 |
[08:36] | I loathe her. | 我憎恶她 |
[08:38] | I’m prepared for my penance. | 我准备好忏悔了 |
[08:46] | Father? | 神父 |
[09:31] | Oh, come, Bash, the air is bracing, we’re all young and wed, | 巴斯 空气这么好 我们又年轻新婚 |
[09:34] | and you must shake this black mood. | 你不要一直这么闷闷不乐嘛 |
[09:36] | There’s nothing that you can do. | 你也无能为力 |
[09:38] | That’s exactly the problem, isn’t it? | 这正是症结所在 不是吗 |
[09:40] | I’m here while thousands bleed | 成千上万人亡于英格兰人剑下之时 |
[09:41] | from English swords. | 我却在这里 |
[09:42] | And my brother… | 还有我弟弟… |
[09:43] | Francis will survive the war. | 弗朗西斯不会有事的 |
[09:44] | You must believe that. | 你必须坚信这点 |
[09:45] | It’s true, Bash. | 确实 巴斯 |
[09:46] | There’s no point in imagining anything else. | 你胡思乱想也于事无补 |
[09:50] | Come play. | 来玩吧 |
[10:00] | Is that as good as you’ve got? | 你就这点本事吗 |
[10:16] | Lola! | 萝拉 |
[10:20] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[10:21] | It’s just a cramp. | 一阵绞痛而已 |
[10:22] | Uh, they’ve been happening. | 最近经常如此 |
[10:24] | But this one… uh, perhaps I should lie down. | 但是这次… 我还是躺下为好 |
[10:26] | We need to take care of you. | 快去休息一下 |
[10:33] | We’ll stop and rest here. | 我们在此驻扎休息 |
[10:35] | How much further to the English line, sir? | 距离英格兰边境线还有多远 长官 |
[10:37] | Just a few miles. | 只有几英里了 |
[11:36] | What is your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[11:38] | Leith Bayard, sir. | 利思·贝亚德 长官 |
[11:39] | I am in your debt, Leith Bayard. | 你救了我一命 利思·贝亚德 |
[11:45] | I told him you were a good luck charm. | 我告诉过他您运气好 |
[11:48] | Who’d kill the Dauphin of France? | 谁能杀了法国王子不成 |
[11:52] | We were safe with you. | 我们跟您在一起很安全 |
[11:54] | I’m not a good luck charm. | 我不是运气好 |
[11:58] | No. | 不尽然 |
[12:14] | I know you’re there. | 我知道你在我对面 |
[12:17] | Oh, you’re wise not to speak, | 你不说话真是太明智了 |
[12:18] | though it tells me more than you think. | 不过这样我知道得更多 |
[12:23] | For one thing, | 首先 |
[12:24] | this has nothing to do with the war. | 这个肯定与战争无关 |
[12:26] | If it did, our negotiations would be much more in the open. | 否则我们的谈判会公开进行 |
[12:30] | You’d be boasting about your English superiority. | 你好炫耀一下你的英格兰优越性 |
[12:34] | And for another, | 其次 |
[12:36] | it tells me that you don’t intend to kill me… | 我知道你目的不在于杀我 |
[12:39] | …at least not yet. | 至少现在还不会杀我 |
[12:41] | Which means you want something. | 这说明你想要什么东西 |
[12:44] | Information, perhaps? | 也许是情报 |
[12:46] | Money? | 还是金钱 |
[12:48] | And since you got into the castle so easily, | 既然你如此轻易地进了城堡 |
[12:51] | you either work there– unlikely– | 要么就是在这里工作 不太可能 |
[12:55] | or you’re a mercenary, | 你应该是雇佣兵 |
[12:57] | hired to kidnap me for someone else. | 被人派来绑架我的 |
[12:59] | Someone close to me, | 一个与我很亲近的人 |
[13:02] | in desperate need of funds, | 急需一笔资金 |
[13:06] | who has long had it in for me. | 而且对我不满已久 |
[13:10] | A young queen, perhaps? | 也许是位年轻的女王 |
[13:17] | The good news is, you’ve chosen your victim wisely. | 好消息是 你选对了目标 |
[13:21] | I’ll double whatever they offered. | 我可以加倍你的报酬 |
[13:25] | But you must bring me the head | 但是你必须回报我一样东西 |
[13:28] | of the person responsible for this. | 就是幕后主使的项上人头 |
[13:33] | Do we have a deal? | 同意吗 |
[13:45] | Oh, there you go, that’s a nice kick. | 好 这一脚踢得不错 |
[13:49] | The baby’s well. | 孩子很健康 |
[13:50] | You’ll be fine, too. | 你也不会有事 |
[13:51] | Bit of blood isn’t anything as long as it stops, and yours did. | 少量出血不是什么大事 血止了就好 |
[13:55] | Rest here a bit. | 休息一下吧 |
[13:57] | Thank you, Agnes. | 谢谢你 艾格尼丝 |
[14:05] | Would you like more water? | 要再给你倒点水吗 |
[14:07] | Another pillow? | 或者添个枕头 |
[14:08] | I think all I need is rest. | 我休息一下就好 |
[14:10] | It’s getting harder as the weeks go by. | 每过一周 就难熬一点 |
[14:12] | You’re sharing a bed with two of us, | 你跟我们俩挤一张床 |
[14:14] | one who steals the covers | 一个会拽走被子 |
[14:15] | and the other one kicks and turns all night. | 而另一个会整夜翻身蹬腿 |
[14:19] | Perhaps I should sleep in my quarters this evening. | 也许我今晚应该回自己房间睡 |
[14:21] | That’s not what I want. Not at all. | 我不希望你走 真的 |
[14:27] | You’ve been so kind to me. | 你对我这么好 |
[14:29] | A better husband than I could have hoped for. | 我以前想都没想过会有你这样的好丈夫 |
[14:32] | Or might deserve. | 我配不上你 |
[14:33] | Don’t do that. | 别这么说 |
[14:34] | All I meant was, I’ve been happy. | 我是想说 我很开心 |
[14:37] | Really and truly happy these last months. | 过去的这几个月里 我真的很开心 |
[14:39] | When I think of how things might have gone for me… | 一旦想到事情也许会是另一番模样… |
[14:42] | I’d be facing moments like this alone, | 独自面对这种状况 |
[14:44] | save for some cold nuns around me, | 也许有几个冷漠的女仆在旁边 |
[14:47] | judging me. | 对我指指点点 |
[14:48] | I’m glad I’m a step up from a nunnery. | 看来我比女仆强 真不错 |
[14:50] | I am a bit scared about giving birth. | 我有点害怕生孩子 |
[14:53] | I know you fear it as well. | 我知道你也害怕 |
[14:55] | It’s dangerous for women. | 这事对女人来说很危险 |
[14:57] | Lola… | 萝拉 |
[14:58] | Would you be with me? | 你愿意陪着我吗 |
[15:00] | At my side? | 在我身边 |
[15:04] | I-I think you’ll be in better hands with your lady friends. | 我觉得由你的几位女性朋友陪着更好 |
[15:06] | I want to hold your hand. | 可我想握着你的手 |
[15:08] | You make me feel safe. | 你让我觉得安心 |
[15:10] | – I need… – You don’t. | -我需要… -你不需要 |
[15:14] | I always want to be there for you. | 你有需要的时候 我一定会竭尽全力 |
[15:17] | That’s not the same as saying you’ll be with me. | 可这跟陪着我的意义不一样 |
[15:21] | I, uh… | 我… |
[15:22] | It’s all right, I understand. | 没关系 我明白的 |
[15:24] | It’s not common for men to witness childbirth… | 男人确实不经常出现在分娩现场 |
[15:26] | It’s not that. | 不是因为这个 |
[15:27] | If I’m careful with my words, | 我措辞如此小心 |
[15:29] | it’s only so you’ll understand. | 是为了让你懂得 |
[15:32] | You have a strength you have yet to realize. | 你还未意识到 自己所拥有的力量 |
[15:36] | Remember that. | 记住这一点 |
[15:38] | Always. | 永远 |
[15:42] | What do you mean, the queen has been kidnapped? | 你说王后被绑架了是什么意思 |
[15:44] | I would keep your voice down, | 你最好小声一点 |
[15:46] | unless you’re trying to alert the entire country | 除非你想让全国上下都知道 |
[15:49] | to the vulnerability of Henry’s court. | 亨利的宫廷有多脆弱 |
[15:52] | Someone slipped this note | 十分钟前 |
[15:53] | under my chamber door ten minutes ago. | 有人将这个塞进了我的房间里 |
[15:56] | “20,000 francs to be delivered to the base | “明晚日落之前 |
[15:59] | of the Louis XI obelisk by sundown tomorrow.” | 将2万法郎送至路易十一世石塔的地下” |
[16:02] | Good Lord. | 天哪 |
[16:03] | As you’re the last royal in the castle, | 目前城堡里只有你一个贵族 |
[16:05] | I thought it prudent to let you know. | 我觉得应该告诉你 |
[16:08] | In case you want to do anything about it. | 如果你愿意为此采取措施的话 |
[16:10] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:12] | The Medici family has a long-standing tradition | 梅第奇家族一直有个传统 |
[16:14] | not to negotiate with kidnappers. | 就是不与绑架犯谈判 |
[16:17] | If we bowed to their demands, | 如果满足了他们的要求 |
[16:19] | we would never be safe. | 我们就永无宁日 |
[16:21] | Well, what of Catherine? | 那凯瑟琳怎么办 |
[16:22] | Well, perhaps Henry will pay the ransom. | 也许亨利会付赎金吧 |
[16:24] | It will take days to get word to him in Paris, | 他人在巴黎 通知他需要好几天 |
[16:27] | long after the deadline. | 早就过了期限 |
[16:28] | The letter makes it clear | 这封信明确说了 |
[16:30] | that if we do not give into the demands, | 如果不满足他们的要求 |
[16:32] | Catherine’s body will be dumped at the castle gates. | 凯瑟琳的尸体会被扔在城堡大门前 |
[16:35] | My dear, | 亲爱的 |
[16:36] | I’ve been in this situation before, | 我经历过这类事件 |
[16:38] | and there are really only two possible outcomes. | 其实只有两种可能出现的结果 |
[16:41] | Either Catherine’s kidnappers intend to return her alive– | 如果绑架凯瑟琳的人愿意将她活着送回来 |
[16:45] | in which case, they’ll certainly wait a few days for the ransom– | 那么赎金的事 等个几天也无所谓 |
[16:48] | or they don’t. | 如果他们打算撕票 |
[16:50] | In which case, there’s really no rush to do anything. | 我们就更不用急着采取措施了 |
[16:56] | A servant just dropped this off at my door. | 一个仆人把这个送到了我房前 |
[16:58] | She said it was found at the castle gate. | 她说是在城堡大门口找到的 |
[17:05] | My God. | 我的天哪 |
[17:07] | That earring… | 这枚耳环 |
[17:08] | it’s Catherine’s. | 是凯瑟琳的 |
[17:10] | Then there is a third possible outcome. | 说明还有第三种可能结果 |
[17:13] | The kidnappers intend to return Catherine alive, | 绑架凯瑟琳的人愿意将她送活着回来 |
[17:16] | but in pieces. | 却不一定安然无恙 |
[17:17] | Our policy is clear. | 我们的规则很明确 |
[17:19] | We simply can’t give in to their demands. | 绝对不能向他们的要求妥协 |
[17:29] | The castle of Montmorency lies before us, | 蒙特莫伦西城堡就在眼前 |
[17:31] | ours for the taking. | 唾手可得 |
[17:32] | What makes you so sure we’ll take it? | 你为何如此自信 |
[17:34] | Did you see the men who attacked us this morning? | 你看到上午来攻打的士兵了吗 |
[17:35] | I was too busy soiling my pants, Your Grace. | 我当时吓得尿裤子了 王子殿下 |
[17:37] | There was a man with a red beard | 其中有个人留着红胡子 |
[17:39] | and another wearing a lady’s favor. | 另一个身上戴着女子的缎带 |
[17:40] | I saw them before, twice. | 我见过他们两次 |
[17:42] | Don’t you see? | 你还不明白吗 |
[17:45] | The castle is undermanned. | 这座城堡人手不足 |
[17:47] | The same few men are being sent each time. | 每次派的人都一样 |
[17:49] | They strike fast and withdraw to deceive us into thinking | 他们快速攻击 迅速撤离 |
[17:51] | that the castle is too strong to take. | 营造城堡实力雄厚的假象 |
[17:53] | Soon it will be too strong. | 从而拖延时间 |
[17:55] | We must get there before the English reinforcements arrive. | 我们要赶在援军到来之前 拿下城堡 |
[17:57] | Wait. | 等等 |
[17:58] | Get in position! Move! | 就位 快点 |
[18:00] | Take cover! | 找掩护 |
[18:06] | We can’t fight that, Your Grace! | 我们打不过的 王子殿下 |
[18:08] | We can’t even turn and run. What now? | 甚至连转身逃跑都做不到 怎么办 |
[18:11] | We have no choice. | 别无选择 |
[18:13] | We stay and finish this, or we die trying. | 留下来背水一战 至死方休 |
[18:22] | Kenna told me that you were unwell, | 肯娜说你感觉不舒服 |
[18:24] | that it might be the baby. | 好像是宝宝的原因 |
[18:25] | We’re both fine, thank you. | 我们没事 谢谢你 |
[18:30] | You don’t look fine. | 你脸色不好 |
[18:32] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[18:34] | I received word from my family’s banker. | 我收到了家族银行的信 |
[18:37] | The dowry was transferred to my husband two days ago. | 嫁妆在两天前已经转到我丈夫名下了 |
[18:40] | The money Julien has been waiting for has arrived and is in his grasp. | 朱利安觊觎已久的钱财已经到手了 |
[18:43] | I thought you were holding it back. | 你不是说要再等等吗 |
[18:45] | No, the banker couldn’t, not anymore. | 不 银行的人不能等了 |
[18:47] | Legally, he’s owed it. | 他现在合法拥有那笔钱了 |
[18:50] | And worse still, the banker said | 更糟糕的是 |
[18:51] | Julien had been pressing for it. | 银行的人说他已经要求很久了 |
[18:53] | That he’d been relentless. | 他毫不留情面 |
[18:55] | But you have no proof he needs the money, do you? | 但你没有证据表明他需要这笔钱吧 |
[18:57] | No. | 没有 |
[18:58] | But Julien married me before he loved me, or I loved him. | 但朱利安在我们爱上对方之前就娶了我 |
[19:03] | And I do love him… | 我确实很爱他 |
[19:05] | But… | 但是… |
[19:06] | why would he, why would any man, | 他为什么会…为什么会有人 |
[19:08] | marry a girl pregnant with another man’s child | 愿意娶一个怀了别人孩子的女人 |
[19:10] | unless he was going to get something out of it? | 除非其中有利可图 |
[19:12] | And what if he did? | 如果确实是这样呢 |
[19:14] | What if he’s secretly broke | 如果他破产了 感到很羞愧 |
[19:16] | and ashamed, or in debt. | 或者欠了一大笔帐 |
[19:18] | And he met and married a very rich girl | 他娶了一个很有钱的女孩 |
[19:20] | who only married him | 而她之所以嫁给他 |
[19:21] | because she’s pregnant with another man’s child. | 只是因为她怀了别人的孩子 |
[19:24] | And what if those two people fell in love anyway? | 而这两人却最终坠入了爱河 |
[19:28] | If the end of your story is a happy one, | 如果你的故事有个幸福快乐的结局 |
[19:30] | then does how it began really matter? | 为什么要纠结于它的出发点呢 |
[19:36] | I hope Lord Castleroy is your happy ending. | 我希望卡斯尔雷大人是你的幸福结局 |
[19:41] | Do you think of Leith often? | 你还会常常想起利思吗 |
[19:43] | Every day. | 每天都会 |
[19:45] | I pray for his future, | 我为他的未来祈祷 |
[19:46] | I pray for his survival… | 我祈祷他能活下来 |
[19:49] | even though I’ll never set eyes on him again. | 哪怕我永远也见不到他了 |
[19:56] | Fire! | 开火 |
[20:01] | The English have placed a wagon full of gunpowder | 英格兰人把一辆装满火药的马车 |
[20:03] | next to the cannon, for ease of reloading. | 停在大炮旁边 便于装弹 |
[20:05] | One flaming arrow, well-aimed, would take it out, | 一支方向精准的火箭就能把它拿下 |
[20:08] | as well as the entire English squad. | 也能拿下整个英格兰军队 |
[20:09] | You won’t make it ten feet out of | 你一走出这树林十步之内 |
[20:11] | these trees before you’re blown to pieces. | 就会被炸成碎片 |
[20:12] | If I acted alone, yes, but not if we work together. | 我独自作战确实不行 但我们能团队合作 |
[20:15] | That cannon can only shoot in one direction at a time. | 大炮一次只能对准一个方向 |
[20:18] | If you were to charge down the right flank, drawing its fire, | 如果你们向右翼冲击 吸引火力 |
[20:21] | I could sneak down the left and get close enough to take the shot. | 我可以潜行到左翼 接近射击理想距离 |
[20:27] | – Calais… – They don’t care about Calais. | -加来… -他们不关心加来 |
[20:32] | They know how lords and generals talk of battle. | 他们知道领主和将军都是怎么谈论战争的 |
[20:35] | The men are chess pieces. | 士兵只是棋子而已 |
[20:37] | But we don’t see ourselves that way. | 但我们自己不这样觉得 |
[20:38] | No one risks their life for some Lord’s strategy. | 没人想冒着生命危险去配合领主所谓的战略 |
[20:41] | We do it for those we love, | 我们是为了所爱之人 |
[20:45] | for our brothers-in-arms, | 为了战场上的兄弟 |
[20:46] | and so we don’t look like cowards. | 所以我们不是懦夫 |
[20:48] | And for money. | 还为了钱 |
[20:51] | I don’t view you as chess pieces. | 我没有把你们当成棋子 |
[20:53] | Then prove it. | 那就证明给我看 |
[20:55] | Get us out of here alive. | 把我们活着带出去 |
[20:56] | I can’t promise that. | 我无法保证 |
[20:58] | But this is not a Lord’s strategy. | 但这不是什么领主战略 |
[20:59] | This is about survival. | 这关乎于生死存亡 |
[21:01] | That cannon is the fist of God. | 那门大炮就是上帝之拳 |
[21:03] | If we stay here and do nothing, | 如果我们坐以待毙 |
[21:05] | it will pound us to pieces. | 它会把我们炸成碎片 |
[21:08] | But if we advance, | 但如果我们前进 |
[21:09] | dispersed and on the move, | 分散开 不停移动 |
[21:11] | the English won’t know who to target. | 英格兰人就不知道该瞄准哪里了 |
[21:13] | It is the best chance for most of us to survive. | 这是让我们大部分人活下来的最佳机会 |
[21:20] | Greer told Lola not to worry about Julien, | 葛瑞尔让萝拉不要担心朱利安 |
[21:22] | but I worry. | 但我很担心 |
[21:24] | All I’m asking is that you get close to him, | 我只是想让你接近他 |
[21:26] | feel him out on his finances. | 试探一下他的财力 |
[21:28] | – No. – His background? | -不要 -那看看他的背景 |
[21:29] | – No. – Well, why not? | -不要 -为什么 |
[21:31] | You don’t want to pick this marriage apart. | 拆散这段婚姻对你没有好处 |
[21:34] | It came together very quickly. | 他们在一起得太快了 |
[21:37] | Let them find their way. | 让他们按自己的方式来吧 |
[21:40] | You know. | 你知道了 |
[21:43] | That Lola got pregnant by someone else. | 萝拉怀了别人的孩子 |
[21:44] | That’s why she rushed to the altar. | 所以她才这么急着结婚 |
[21:47] | Do you know by who? | 你知道是谁的吗 |
[21:48] | No. | 不知道 |
[21:50] | But I suspect you do. | 但我觉得你知道 |
[21:53] | Some cad who can’t take responsibility. | 一个不能对她负责的卑鄙男人 |
[21:55] | But she found Julien. | 但她找到了朱利安 |
[21:58] | And maybe she’s lucky. | 也许她很幸运 |
[22:00] | Her child will have a name, respectability… | 她的孩子会有名分有地位 |
[22:02] | She’s in love with him. | 她爱上他了 |
[22:04] | And if he’s not in love with her… | 但如果他不爱她… |
[22:07] | She can never be free of him. | 她将永远不能离开他 |
[22:08] | They’re wed. | 他们结婚了 |
[22:09] | She can protect her heart. | 但她可以不让自己受伤害 |
[22:11] | And as her friend, I want to help her do that. | 作为朋友 我希望帮她做到这一点 |
[22:15] | As my husband, | 作为我的丈夫 |
[22:17] | I want you to help me. | 我希望你能帮我 |
[22:19] | Please? | 求你了 |
[22:28] | You said you would keep me apprised | 你明明说过 在采取极端行动之前 |
[22:30] | before any serious action was taken. | 都会先通知我 |
[22:32] | I’ve spilled no blood. | 我手上没沾血 |
[22:33] | You kidnapped the queen of France! | 你绑架了法国的王后 |
[22:35] | And cut off her ear. | 还切下了她的耳朵 |
[22:37] | You really are new at this, aren’t you? | 你还真是这方面的新手啊 |
[22:39] | The queen is fine. | 王后毫发无损 |
[22:41] | I purchased the ear off a grave-digger. | 那是我从掘墓人那里买的耳朵 |
[22:43] | And put Catherine’s earring on it to better tell the tale. | 然后戴上了凯瑟琳的耳环 让故事更可信 |
[22:47] | Besides, your orders were to get the money as quickly as possible. | 再说了 你不是想尽快拿到那笔钱吗 |
[22:50] | By stealing it! | 我说的是偷 |
[22:51] | Not by ransoming her. | 不是绑架勒索她 |
[22:53] | The Medicis are refusing to pay. | 梅第奇家从不支付赎金 |
[22:54] | I could have warned you about that. | 我本想警告你这一点 |
[22:55] | The ransom is a distraction. | 赎金只是为了分散注意力 |
[22:57] | What anyone would expect in a kidnapping. | 人们总以为绑架是为了赎金 |
[22:59] | And is it your intention to kill the queen? | 难道你想要杀掉王后吗 |
[23:00] | Since she surely suspects I’m responsible. | 她肯定怀疑是我指使的 |
[23:02] | Oh, she suspects all right. | 她不仅是怀疑 |
[23:04] | She’s offered me double my fee to bring her your head. | 甚至付两倍的钱让我取你的项上人头 |
[23:08] | Relax, Mary. | 别紧张 玛丽 |
[23:11] | I wouldn’t succeed in my line of work | 如果我这么容易叛变 |
[23:13] | if it were known that I could be turned so easily. | 就不会在这一行干得这么出色了 |
[23:16] | I’m not going to kill Catherine. | 我不会杀凯瑟琳 |
[23:17] | And you won’t be blamed for this. | 你也不会因此受到牵连 |
[23:19] | How do you intend to pull that off? | 你要怎么做到这一点 |
[23:20] | The queen has no way of proving you’re responsible. | 王后无法证明你是幕后指使 |
[23:23] | So all we need is a credible alternative. | 我们只需要一个替罪羊 |
[23:27] | Someone we can frame for the crime. | 一个可以陷害栽赃的人 |
[23:29] | I’ll deliver the queen the head. | 我会把头交给王后 |
[23:31] | She’ll pay me, and I’ll give you the money. | 她付我钱之后 我把钱给你 |
[23:33] | Minus my cut. | 减去我的报酬 |
[23:34] | The queen goes free, and everyone’s happy. | 王后恢复自由 每个人都有所获 |
[23:36] | Except for the innocent soul who dies in my stead. | 除了那个代替我死去的无辜生命 |
[23:39] | If you’re worried about innocence, | 如果你不想让无辜的人死去 |
[23:41] | then choose someone who isn’t. | 那就找个不无辜的人 |
[23:42] | Given all the treachery and backstabbing at court, | 宫廷里满是阴谋陷害 暗箭伤人 |
[23:44] | it shouldn’t be that hard. Pick a name. | 这应该不难吧 说个名字吧 |
[23:47] | Someone this world would be better off without. | 有谁留在这世上 只会遗臭万年 |
[23:49] | And don’t waste time about it. | 别浪费太多时间 |
[24:02] | You hired a mercenary to kidnap Catherine? | 你派了一个雇佣兵去绑架凯瑟琳 |
[24:05] | I didn’t mean for it to go that far, but yes. | 虽然我本意并非如此 但 是的 |
[24:08] | Now, to get out of it, I have to pin the crime on someone else. | 现在为了摆脱此事 我得找人顶罪 |
[24:11] | You’d do that? You’d send an innocent to their death? | 你居然会这样做 让无辜的人为你而死 |
[24:13] | I don’t know what I’m capable of anymore, to be frank. | 老实说 我都不知道自己到底会做到哪一步 |
[24:16] | But there is one possibility. | 但有一种可能 |
[24:19] | For months I’ve been trying to figure out | 这几个月来 我一直在调查 |
[24:20] | which of Catherine’s men participated | 到底是凯瑟琳的哪个侍卫 |
[24:22] | in the massacre of my countrymen at the brothel. | 在妓院屠杀了我的子民 |
[24:25] | Some time ago, I paid a servant | 之前 我雇了一个侍者 |
[24:27] | to track down one of the prostitutes who escaped | 去追踪之前逃跑的一个妓女 |
[24:30] | to find some descriptions of the men involved. | 看她还记不记得那些人的长相 |
[24:32] | According to the prostitute, | 据那名妓女所言 |
[24:34] | one of the men had a scar | 其中一人的左脸上 |
[24:35] | on his left cheek from brow to chin. | 有道疤从眉毛延伸到下巴 |
[24:37] | Lots of men have scars. | 很多人都有疤 |
[24:38] | He also badly burned his hands | 同时 那个人在大屠杀后 |
[24:40] | after the massacre. | 手也严重烧伤了 |
[24:41] | This isn’t justice. | 这不公平 |
[24:42] | It’s solving your problems with the blood of another. | 你用别人的命来解决问题 |
[24:44] | I know how this goes. | 我知道这会怎么样 |
[24:45] | As do you. | 你也很清楚 |
[24:49] | That’s why you came to me. | 所以你才来找我吗 |
[24:51] | You killed someone in the woods | 你当初在树林里杀了人 |
[24:54] | when the pagans forced you to choose a sacrifice. | 因为异教徒逼你选择一个祭品 |
[24:58] | I did it for you. | 我那是为了你 |
[25:00] | And for myself. | 也是为了我自己 |
[25:03] | I murdered a man who was about to kill another. | 我杀了一个正要去杀别人的人 |
[25:06] | And to this day I wonder. | 时至今日我还在想 |
[25:08] | Did he have a family? | 他是否有家人 |
[25:10] | Did he die for his own beliefs? | 他是因捍卫自己的信仰而死 |
[25:11] | Or was he simply acting on the orders of those above him? | 又或是单纯地执行上层的指示 |
[25:14] | Was he really as guilty as I thought at the time? | 他是否真像我以为的那样罪无可赦 |
[25:16] | And what’s the answer? | 那你的答案是什么 |
[25:18] | The answer is, you have to be sure. | 答案就是 做事前一定要考虑清楚 |
[25:20] | Because if there’s any doubt in your mind, | 因为如果你还存有一丝疑虑 |
[25:22] | your conscience won’t ever let you rest again. | 你的良知会让你永远无法安眠 |
[25:45] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[25:47] | What a talent you have for sneaking up on people. | 你可真会无声无息地接近人啊 |
[25:50] | Oh, I couldn’t help but notice you speaking with Catherine’s guard. | 我注意到你和凯瑟琳的侍卫说了话 |
[25:52] | You mean my guard. | 你是说我的侍卫吗 |
[25:54] | I lent Catherine | 一段时间前 |
[25:56] | my men some time ago. | 我把我的侍卫借给凯瑟琳了 |
[25:58] | Why do you ask? | 怎么问起这个 |
[25:59] | I, um, wanted to employ him to help me find Catherine. | 我想要派他去帮我寻找凯瑟琳 |
[26:04] | My dear. | 亲爱的 |
[26:05] | You need to be a much better liar | 如果你想要别人信你 |
[26:06] | if you want anyone to take you seriously. | 可得好好磨练说谎技术 |
[26:09] | I wanted to question him. | 我想问他几个问题 |
[26:11] | He did some work for Catherine. | 他为凯瑟琳做了些事情 |
[26:12] | And I’m curious to the specifics. | 我想知道其中细节 |
[26:14] | The whorehouse massacre. | 你是指妓院大屠杀吗 |
[26:17] | Don’t act so surprised. | 别这么惊讶 |
[26:19] | My guards may have served Catherine, | 虽然我的侍卫服侍过凯瑟琳 |
[26:21] | but they’re loyal to me. | 但他们是忠于我的 |
[26:25] | Did she put you up to this? | 是她让你这么做的吗 |
[26:27] | Who? Catherine? | 谁 凯瑟琳吗 |
[26:28] | She’s been trying to banish me | 她这么多年来 |
[26:29] | from court for years. | 一直想把我从宫廷里赶出去 |
[26:31] | Afraid I’ll steal her husband. | 怕我会偷了她的丈夫 |
[26:34] | She already assigned that little harlot of hers, | 她已经派了她那个小娼妓碧翠丝 |
[26:37] | Beatrice, to spy on me. | 来监视我 |
[26:38] | And now she’s got you doing it, too. | 现在还派你来做同样的事 |
[26:41] | You’re trying to gauge my involvement | 你想知道我在你臣民被杀的事情中 |
[26:43] | in the slaughter of your countrymen. | 扮演了什么样的角色 |
[26:45] | Well, I had nothing to do with it. | 我与此事一点关系也没有 |
[26:48] | I loaned Catherine those men | 早在她计划这事之前 |
[26:50] | long before she planned the incident. | 我就把这些侍卫借给她了 |
[26:52] | And if you intend to say otherwise, | 如果你还要说些有的没的 |
[26:54] | I’ll deal with you in the same way as Beatrice. | 我就会像对待碧翠丝一样对待你了 |
[26:57] | Queen or not. | 不论你是谁 |
[26:59] | Are you threatening me? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[27:00] | Let’s just say I can’t have either of you | 这样说吧 亨利回来的时候 |
[27:03] | bearing false witness to Henry when he returns. | 我绝不会允许你们 在他面前做假证 |
[27:06] | If it means | 如果我得… |
[27:07] | stepping on an insect, | 狠狠地踩死一只昆虫 |
[27:09] | a servant, a nothing | 一个侍卫 或者可有可无的人 |
[27:11] | to make my point clear, | 才能让你听懂我意思的话 |
[27:13] | I don’t mind getting the heel of my shoe bloody. | 我一点也不介意让我的鞋跟染血 |
[27:16] | If I’ve read you wrong, | 如果我误解你了 |
[27:19] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[27:22] | But Catherine must be taught | 但凯瑟琳以后得记住 |
[27:24] | to stay out of my affairs. | 别插手我的事 |
[27:27] | Assuming she makes it back to the castle. | 假设她还能回到城堡里来 |
[27:37] | I was about to send the servants to look for you. | 我都快派侍卫去找你了 |
[27:39] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[27:40] | Looking into Julien’s background. | 去调查朱利安的背景了 |
[27:41] | Among other things. | 还有些别的事情 |
[27:43] | Is he destitute? He was married before. | 他是不是没钱 他结过婚 |
[27:45] | – Did he kill his wives? – I have no idea. | -他是不是杀了他妻子 -不知道 |
[27:47] | But I did learn of his activities closer to home. | 但我得知了他要在这里进行的活动 |
[27:49] | He’s planning a hunting trip. | 他在计划一次狩猎 |
[27:51] | – Lola mentioned it. – With one horse | -萝拉说过 -只带了一匹马 |
[27:53] | and a carriage to carry some belongings. | 和一辆装载着东西的马车 |
[27:55] | But no hounds, no falcons. | 没有猎犬 没有猎鹰 |
[27:58] | He didn’t request hunting gear of any kind. | 他没有准备任何狩猎的工具 |
[28:02] | You said her dowry came through. | 你说她的嫁妆已经到了他手中 |
[28:03] | Yes. It’s in his possession. | 是的 他拿到手了 |
[28:07] | You think he’s going to leave her? | 你觉得他会离开她 |
[28:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:09] | But he’s leaving the castle tonight. | 但他今晚就会离开城堡了 |
[28:10] | And I don’t for a minute think he’s going hunting. | 而且我一点也不觉得他是要去狩猎 |
[28:27] | Did you do as I asked? | 你按我说的做了吗 |
[28:40] | I don’t believe it. | 我不相信 |
[28:42] | Did you cut off the head of Mary, Queen of Scots? | 你把苏格兰女王玛丽的头砍下来了吗 |
[28:46] | No. | 没有 |
[28:48] | I brought the head of the one behind your kidnapping. | 这颗头的主人 是绑架你的幕后主使 |
[28:51] | As you asked. | 满足你的要求 |
[28:52] | What? Not Mary? | 什么 不是玛丽吗 |
[28:53] | Then who? | 那是谁 |
[28:55] | Answer carefully. | 你可得小心点回答 |
[28:57] | If you lie, | 要是敢撒谎 |
[28:59] | I won’t tell you where to find the money. | 我绝不会告诉你金钱的地点 |
[29:01] | Someone who’s hated you for a long time. | 这个人讨厌你很久了 |
[29:04] | Who needed money desperately. | 这个人亟需用钱 |
[29:06] | You’ll find proof of what I’ve said | 你回到城堡里 |
[29:08] | when you return to the castle. | 就会明白我的意思了 |
[29:10] | Now, where’s the gold? | 现在告诉我金子在哪里 |
[29:16] | If you lie, I’ll find you again. | 如果你说谎 我会再抓到你 |
[29:18] | And next time I’ll take your children as well. | 下次连你的孩子一起抓来 |
[29:21] | There’s a chest of gold in an empty sarcophagus, | 有个石棺里藏了一箱金子 |
[29:25] | beneath the apse of the Church of St. Isabelle. | 就埋在圣伊莎贝尔教堂后殿地底下 |
[29:50] | Hortensa. | 霍顿莎 |
[29:59] | Be fast. | 行动迅速 |
[30:01] | Don’t miss. | 瞄准目标 |
[30:07] | Sir, they’re advancing! | 将军 他们进攻了 |
[30:32] | God save us all. | 上天保佑 |
[30:57] | Well done, men! All of you! | 干得好 大家伙儿 |
[31:00] | Where’s Leith? | 利思呢 |
[31:01] | He was behind me. | 刚才就在我后面 |
[31:05] | Leith! | 利思 |
[31:12] | A carriage but no hounds for a hunting trip? | 去狩猎竟然不带猎犬吗 |
[31:15] | Isn’t that odd? | 这不奇怪吗 |
[31:16] | Bash found his lack of interest | 他对狩猎装备这么不用心 |
[31:17] | in hunting supplies quite odd, yes. | 巴斯也觉得不对劲 |
[31:19] | Oh, he’s going to leave me. | 他想离开我了 |
[31:20] | If you love Julien, you should talk to him. | 如果你爱朱利安 就跟他谈谈 |
[31:23] | See if he will share his troubles. | 也许他会对你敞开心扉 |
[31:24] | And pray that they’re just financial. | 祈祷只是金钱上的短缺吧 |
[31:28] | I was just checking in on your beautiful bride. | 我来拜访一下你美丽的新娘 |
[31:31] | Thank you, Kenna. | 谢谢你 肯娜 |
[31:37] | Uh, no, darling, don’t. | 亲爱的 别动 |
[31:39] | Please. I want to talk. | 不 我想跟你谈谈 |
[31:41] | What you need is rest. | 你现在需要静养 |
[31:42] | And I’m going to sleep in my quarters | 我今晚在营房里睡 |
[31:43] | this evening so you get it. | 不会打扰你休息 |
[31:44] | And the hunting trip? | 那狩猎呢 |
[31:47] | Are you still going on it? | 你还去吗 |
[31:48] | I may, yes, if you’re well. | 可能去 如果你没事的话 |
[31:51] | Don’t. | 别去 |
[31:52] | Please don’t. | 求你别去 |
[31:54] | Stay with me. | 留下来陪我 |
[31:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:56] | But I may stop in court for a hand of cards. Hmm? | 但我要先回宫廷拿我的卡牌 |
[32:00] | I’ll have your dinner sent to you. | 我让他们把晚饭给你送来 |
[32:03] | Julien, please hear me. | 朱利安 你听我说 |
[32:06] | I don’t need elaborate things, | 我不需要锦衣玉食 |
[32:09] | anything that you can’t provide. | 不需要你给不了我的东西 |
[32:11] | I admit I-I went into this marriage | 我承认 我跟你结婚的初心 |
[32:13] | as a means of survival. | 是为了生计 |
[32:14] | But I never would have done that | 但如果没遇到真心喜欢的人 |
[32:15] | if I hadn’t thought I’d found someone I could care for. | 我也绝不会这么做 |
[32:19] | And I do. | 我说真的 |
[32:21] | I want you. | 我只要你 |
[32:23] | And you can keep me for much less | 我要求的不多 |
[32:26] | than you might imagine. | 远比你想象中的少 |
[32:28] | I wish you could believe that. | 你要相信我 |
[32:33] | Who could believe that of a girl like you? | 我怎么会不相信你的话 |
[32:38] | You’re everything I ever dreamed of. | 跟你在一起是我的全部梦想 |
[32:51] | Get back! | 给我退后 |
[32:53] | I want every entrance to the castle locked down | 封闭城堡的全部入口 |
[32:55] | till further notice. | 没有指令不准开放 |
[32:55] | – Catherine. Thank God. – You. | -凯瑟琳 谢天谢地 -你这家伙 |
[32:59] | You expect me to believe | 你以为我会相信 |
[33:00] | you know nothing of this? | 你跟此事毫无关联 |
[33:03] | No, I swear. | 我发誓 跟我无关 |
[33:04] | Organize a search of Hortensa’s rooms | 立即搜查霍顿莎的房间 |
[33:06] | and those of Mary, Queen of Scots. | 还有苏格兰女王玛丽的房间 |
[33:07] | I want to know everything about her: | 她的一举一动都要向我汇报 |
[33:08] | her movements, her letters, anyone she’s been meeting with. | 包括她的活动 信件 会见了什么人 |
[33:11] | Until I’m satisfied with the details of what happened, | 我要将此事彻查清楚 |
[33:14] | I will seek the identity of my true abductor | 找到绑架我的人 |
[33:16] | and destroy them. Go! | 并将他碎尸万段 快去 |
[33:20] | Leith! | 利思 |
[33:22] | Leith? | 利思 |
[33:23] | Over here! | 在这里 |
[33:29] | He needs a physician. | 快叫医生来 |
[33:30] | The nearest French encampment is a few miles away. | 最近的法军营地只有几英里远 |
[33:32] | – We’ll go get help. – No, you must join the others. | -我们去叫人 -不行 你们回部队里去 |
[33:34] | We need as many men as possible at the castle. | 留守城堡的兵力越多越好 |
[33:35] | See that they send a rider to the Duke of Guise, | 派一名骑手去找吉斯公爵 |
[33:37] | telling him that the way is open, | 告诉他这条路可以进攻用 |
[33:38] | but it may not be for long. | 但不会开放太久 |
[33:39] | Hurry– the war is all but won if we press our advantage. | 快点 我们胜利在望了 必须把握时机 |
[33:43] | You should go as well. | 你也去吧 |
[33:44] | – I’ll be all right. – Shut up. | -我没事的 -别说话 |
[33:45] | You’ll bleed out in the field as our army passes by. | 我们的大军进攻期间你会失血而死 |
[33:48] | I am not about to let you die. | 我不会让你死的 |
[33:49] | You’re coming with me. | 跟我一起走 |
[33:52] | Please. No, I can’t… | 轻一点 不行 |
[33:54] | I can’t make it. | 我动不了 |
[33:56] | Please. Please. | 求你了 别管我了 |
[34:01] | A wise man once told me– | 一位智者曾经告诉我 |
[34:02] | yesterday, as a matter of fact– | 其实就是昨天 |
[34:03] | that we fight for those that we love. | 为了心中所爱 我们才勇往直前 |
[34:05] | I’m just like you. | 我跟你一样 |
[34:07] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[34:09] | There must be someone that you’ll fight to see again. | 一定有个人 你拼了命想再见一面 |
[34:14] | There’s a woman. | 是有个女人 |
[34:17] | But it could never work. | 但我得不到她 |
[34:18] | – Is she married? – No. | -她结婚了吗 -没有 |
[34:21] | Not yet, anyway. | 早晚的事 |
[34:22] | But she’s above my station. | 可我高攀不起她 |
[34:26] | Well, have you considered | 那你想没想过 |
[34:27] | that maybe you have more to offer her now? | 也许你现在更有资本追求她了 |
[34:29] | The friendship of the next king of France. | 你是法国下一任国王的挚友 |
[34:31] | Do you know what kings get to do? | 你知道国王的权利吗 |
[34:31] | They get to give lands and titles | 国王给他想奖励的人 |
[34:33] | to those they wish to reward. | 封地封位 |
[34:35] | It’s one of the better aspects of being king, | 当国王就这点不错 |
[34:37] | because, trust me, some of them are far less enjoyable. | 相信我 其他都相当乏味 |
[34:40] | You’d do that? | 你会这样做吗 |
[34:41] | For me? | 奖励我 |
[34:42] | Why wouldn’t I? | 为什么不呢 |
[34:44] | Because you’re merely a chess piece? | 你以为你只是皇室利用的棋子吗 |
[34:47] | I have lost good men, | 我失去过得力帮手 |
[34:49] | and I’m not prepared to sacrifice any more, | 我不能重蹈覆辙了 |
[34:50] | especially if I can help it. | 况且我有能力挽救 |
[34:52] | Live, Leith Bayard. Live… | 活下去 利思·贝亚德 要活下去 |
[34:55] | and go home to the woman you love. | 回家去找你心爱的女人 |
[34:57] | Marry her and be happy | 跟她成婚 |
[34:59] | and live for as long as you possibly can. | 幸福快乐地共度余生 |
[35:01] | But live. | 你要活下去 |
[35:20] | It’s our men. | 是我们的人 |
[35:22] | The road to Calais is now open. | 通往加来的路打通了 |
[36:08] | Roman De Medici, Your Grace. | 罗曼·德·梅第奇来了 王后陛下 |
[36:16] | I supervised the search of Hortensa’s room. | 我亲自带人搜查了霍顿莎的房间 |
[36:20] | Her jewel box was empty. | 她的珠宝盒空了 |
[36:22] | Turns out she was penniless. | 死之前她已身无分文 |
[36:25] | How? I thought her husband left her a fortune when he died. | 怎么会 她的亡夫不是留给她一笔财产吗 |
[36:28] | We found this among her things. | 我们找到了这个 |
[36:38] | Instructions on the delivery of money? | 金钱交付指令 |
[36:40] | It would seem she was being blackmailed. | 她应该是被敲诈了 |
[36:43] | By someone who suspected | 有人认为 |
[36:43] | she had arranged her husband’s death. | 是她杀害了他丈夫 |
[36:46] | And did she? | 真的吗 |
[36:46] | You know Hortensa. | 你也了解霍顿莎 |
[36:48] | It’s distinctly possible. | 这极有可能 |
[36:50] | According to that letter, | 据这封信所说 |
[36:51] | she had been paying vast sums | 她多年来一直不惜巨资 |
[36:52] | for years to keep the secret. | 以求保守此秘密 |
[36:55] | That’s why she came here | 所以她才来了这里 |
[36:56] | and held you for ransom. | 绑架你索要赎金 |
[37:00] | I’m sorry, Catherine. | 我很抱歉 凯瑟琳 |
[37:02] | I don’t know how any of this escaped our notice. | 我不知道我们怎么会没察觉到 |
[37:05] | For a moment, what I thought had escaped my notice | 曾经我以为 能逃过我眼睛的 |
[37:08] | was Mary, Queen of Scots. | 只有苏格兰女王玛丽 |
[37:11] | A child I’d raised for a while. | 我曾抚养过一段时间的孩子 |
[37:14] | I wondered what lessons she’d learned from me lately. | 我很好奇她最近从我这儿学到什么没有 |
[37:16] | I warned her not to beg, | 我告诫她不要乞求 |
[37:18] | not to look weak. | 不要软弱 |
[37:20] | You think she arranged all this? | 你觉得这一切是她安排的 |
[37:24] | I think she’s capable of all of it, | 我觉得其他事她都能做到 |
[37:26] | except the murder of Hortensa. | 除了杀死霍顿莎 |
[37:30] | It takes time for a woman to grow that hard. | 女人变得那么狠心需要时间 |
[37:35] | I was nearly 30 when I killed an innocent. | 我近30岁时才做到了滥杀无辜 |
[37:40] | I suppose innocence is all relative. | 看来天真无辜是相对而言的 |
[37:44] | I wonder how long Mary’s will last. | 不知道玛丽的天真还能维持多久 |
[37:47] | Because once gone, it can never be reclaimed. | 因为一旦失去 就不会再回来了 |
[37:54] | – Julien. – I didn’t play cards. | -朱利安 -我之前不是要去玩牌 |
[37:56] | I was going to leave you, | 我本打算离开你 |
[37:57] | and I suspect you knew that. | 我想你已经知道了 |
[38:01] | I’ve fallen out with my family. | 我和我家人闹翻了 |
[38:03] | They’re not good people. | 他们不是什么好人 |
[38:03] | I-I don’t want to go into it beyond that. | 我不想成为他们的一员 |
[38:06] | I only… | 我只有… |
[38:08] | I have no money of my own. | 我自己身无分文 |
[38:12] | I was going to live off yours. | 本打算靠你的钱生活 |
[38:14] | What I could get my hands on, anyway. | 想要尽可能地多拿点钱 |
[38:17] | Your dowry. | 你的嫁妆 |
[38:19] | Go on. | 继续 |
[38:20] | I am about as close to penniless | 我曾是有钱人家的孩子 |
[38:24] | as a son of a wealthy family could ever be. | 现在却一贫如洗 |
[38:27] | And is that why you married me? | 所以你才和我结婚 |
[38:29] | Why you didn’t care about me carrying another man’s child? | 所以你才不在乎我怀着别人的孩子 |
[38:32] | Because of my money? | 是因为我的钱 |
[38:34] | Yes. | 是 |
[38:36] | But as I came to love you, | 但我逐渐爱上了你 |
[38:39] | I knew I couldn’t keep such a secret from you any longer. | 我知道我不能再瞒着你了 |
[38:42] | The shame of telling you the truth, | 我羞于告诉你这个事实 |
[38:44] | of admitting that our life could only be funded | 不愿承认我们的生活 |
[38:47] | by your family’s money… | 要靠你家人的钱支撑 |
[38:48] | What about my shame? | 那我呢 |
[38:50] | Abandoned not one year into our marriage. | 结婚不到一年就被抛弃 |
[38:52] | Did you think about that? | 你想过我的感受吗 |
[38:54] | I wasn’t thinking clearly. | 我没想清楚 |
[38:57] | You said you didn’t want to be alone, | 你说你不希望自己一个人 |
[39:00] | that fear made you want me at your side. | 这种恐惧让你渴望我的陪伴 |
[39:04] | Well, my fear made me want to run away. | 但我的恐惧让我想要逃开 |
[39:06] | What are you so afraid of? | 你到底在怕什么 |
[39:07] | All I have to offer you… | 我能给你的… |
[39:11] | is me. | 只有我自己 |
[39:14] | But I thought if you meant what you said, | 但我想 要是你说的是真心的 |
[39:16] | if you needed less, | 如果你需求少 |
[39:17] | if you could live a simpler life… | 如果你可以过简单生活… |
[39:19] | I could. | 我可以 |
[39:21] | I want to. | 我想要这样 |
[39:23] | I want to forgive you, | 我想要原谅你 |
[39:24] | I-I want to be with you, | 我想和你在一起 |
[39:27] | but how do I trust you? | 但我要怎么相信你 |
[39:30] | With time. | 让时间来证明 |
[39:33] | With our whole lives. | 用我们的一生 |
[39:35] | I will prove myself to you. | 我会证明给你看 |
[39:41] | Promise me: no more lies. | 答应我 别再骗我了 |
[39:43] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[39:56] | You came back. | 你回来了 |
[39:57] | This is just a sample. | 这只是样品 |
[39:59] | The rest is hidden safely, | 其他藏在安全的地方 |
[40:00] | awaiting your instructions. | 等待着你的指令 |
[40:02] | Minus my cut, of course. | 当然已经除去了我的酬劳 |
[40:04] | And Hortensa’s body? | 霍顿莎的尸体呢 |
[40:05] | Buried safely, | 埋好了 |
[40:07] | with a forged letter | 还伪造了一封信 |
[40:08] | planted in her chambers | 放在她的卧房 |
[40:09] | to convince Catherine of her guilt. | 让凯瑟琳相信她犯下的罪过 |
[40:10] | I took her head quickly, | 我砍她头的速度很快 |
[40:11] | if that brings you peace. | 如果这能让你心安一点的话 |
[40:13] | You made an excellent choice. | 你做了个很棒的选择 |
[40:15] | I’m not sure there is one when it comes to murder. | 在杀人的时候 怎么可能有好选择 |
[40:17] | But I’ve been at court long enough | 但我在宫廷里已经待了很久 |
[40:18] | to know how the Medicis work, and how they act. | 很了解梅第奇家人的作风 |
[40:21] | Hortensa was going to have Beatrice killed. | 霍顿莎打算把碧翠丝杀了 |
[40:24] | Her guard confirmed it. | 她的守卫确认了这一点 |
[40:26] | I traded one life for another today. | 我今天用一命换一命 |
[40:28] | And I pray that I’ve saved my mother. | 我祈祷我能救我母亲 |
[40:29] | But at what price? | 但代价很大 |
[40:31] | Count yourself lucky it was bought so cheaply, Your Grace. | 这种代价已经算你幸运了 女王陛下 |
[40:35] | It’s been a pleasure doing business with you. | 很高兴能帮你做事 |
[40:37] | Actually, | 其实 |
[40:39] | I’m not quite done with your services yet, | 你的服务还没结束 |
[40:41] | if you’re still willing. | 如果你仍然愿意的话 |
[40:43] | That gold you acquired is bound for Scotland, | 你拿到的这些金子要送往苏格兰 |
[40:45] | to help my mother. | 来帮助我母亲 |
[40:47] | I need to be sure it arrives in the right hands. | 我要确保它们能运到对的人手中 |
[40:49] | I need someone I can trust | 我需要派我信任的人 |
[40:50] | to lead a group of men to secure her rescue. | 来带领队伍确保救援 |
[40:53] | There would be a substantial purse in it for you, as well, of course. | 当然也会给你一部分报酬 |
[40:56] | Finding men like myself, | 找到像我这样 |
[40:57] | willing to do whatever’s necessary | 尽管危险 |
[40:59] | in spite of the risks, isn’t easy. | 也愿做必要之事的人 实属不易 |
[41:01] | I’ve already taken care of that part. | 这一点不必你担心 |
[41:03] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[41:12] | These men used to work for Hortensa, | 这些人曾为霍顿莎办事 |
[41:14] | until their mistress lost her head, | 可他们的主人掉了脑袋 |
[41:16] | and now they work for me. | 现在他们为我办事 |
[41:19] | And they answer to you. | 而且听命于你 |
[41:22] | Pack your belongings. | 收拾行李 |
[41:23] | Be ready to sail within the hour. | 一小时内准备启程 |
[41:24] | Yes, Your Grace. | 好的 陛下 |
[41:30] | Are you sure you know what you’re doing? | 你确定知道自己在做什么吗 |
[41:33] | Those men are rumored to have carried out | 根据传言 这些人 |
[41:34] | the massacre of your countrymen. | 曾屠杀了你的臣民 |
[41:36] | They’re monsters. | 他们是怪物 |
[41:38] | Indeed they are… | 确实如此 |
[41:42] | but they’re my monsters now. | 但他们现在是我手下的怪物了 |