时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | For God’s sake, go to him. | 天呐 去看看他 |
[00:04] | Is the king all right? | 国王还好吗 |
[00:06] | The king is dead! | 国王已死 |
[00:08] | I remember holding you in my arms when you were this little. | 我还记得你这么小的时候把你抱在怀里的样子 |
[00:12] | Who are you talking to? | 你在说什么 |
[00:13] | Don’t you recognize your own father? | 难道你认不出自己的亲生父亲吗 |
[00:16] | What did you just say? | 你刚才说什么 |
[00:17] | Did I say something, Your Grace? | 我说什么了吗 陛下 |
[00:18] | As a royal, you’re given your position by birth, or marriage, | 作为皇族 你的头衔由出身或婚姻决定 |
[00:22] | but your power comes from nobles. | 但你的权力来自贵族 |
[00:24] | Villagers are burning the homes of the infected. | 周边的居民正在焚烧被传染的住户 |
[00:27] | Those are the holdings you were counting on. | 你还指望这些当救命物资 |
[00:29] | We have no grain. | 我们断粮了 |
[00:30] | I think you know who was really responsible | 我想你知道谁该真正 |
[00:32] | for your son’s death. | 为你儿子的死亡负责 |
[00:34] | You are. And you will learn never to cross me again. | 就是你 也给你个教训 永远不要冒犯我 |
[00:50] | A banquet for 1,200, | 可容纳1200人的宴会 |
[00:53] | a military parade all with new uniforms | 士兵身着由我亲自设计的配有血红缎带的 |
[00:57] | featuring blood red satin sashes of my own design. | 新制服进行阅兵仪式 |
[01:01] | Now, as for entertainment, | 现在 有人提议 |
[01:02] | dancing elephants were proposed. | 用舞象作为娱乐节目 |
[01:04] | I thought that was a bit excessive. | 我觉得那有些多余 |
[01:06] | We went with a golden-horned unicorn. | 我们会采用金角独角兽 |
[01:11] | What? You look displeased. | 怎么了 你看起来不高兴的样子 |
[01:13] | We just came through a plague | 我们刚走出了一场瘟疫 |
[01:14] | that decimated the region’s populace. | 这场瘟疫使这个地区的人口锐减 |
[01:16] | Famine follow plague, | 瘟疫过后 饥荒随之而来 |
[01:17] | and people are dying of starvation every day. | 每天都有很多人死于饥饿 |
[01:19] | We spent a fortune on Father’s funeral. | 我们已经为父亲的葬礼花了一大笔钱 |
[01:21] | We have massive war debts from Father’s campaign, | 因为父亲的军事行动 我们还欠了大笔的债 |
[01:23] | much of it owed to our guests. | 大多数是像我们的客人借的 |
[01:25] | So you’re saying my preparation | 所以你是说我为你的加冕典礼做的准备 |
[01:26] | for your coronation is in poor taste? | 不够品位吗 |
[01:28] | – No, I’m only saying… – It’s not just poor taste. | -不 我只是说 -不仅是不够品位 |
[01:30] | It’s grotesque, | 简直是荒诞可笑 |
[01:32] | unaffordable and shameful. | 花费过巨且令人蒙羞 |
[01:35] | Excellent. | 说得好 |
[01:36] | That’s precisely the effect I was aiming for. | 这就是我想要的效果 |
[01:39] | Your coronation is not about affordability. | 你的加冕典礼不该估计花费问题 |
[01:41] | It’s about survival. | 这事关法国存亡 |
[01:42] | Leaders from 50 countries will be here this week, | 这周内 50个国家的领导人会到来 |
[01:44] | staying in those pavilions. | 他们会住在这些帐篷里 |
[01:47] | They are lions, | 他们就是狮子 |
[01:48] | studying our every move for signs of weakness. | 观察我们每一个动作以图找出我们的弱点 |
[01:51] | If we economize, if we dither about expenses in any way, | 如果我们表现出一点省着花 不舍得花钱 |
[01:54] | we look like the wounded gazelle we truly are, | 我们会被他们看穿我们是只受伤的羚羊的事实 |
[01:57] | begging our foes to align with our enemies, | 这无异于求着我们的敌人和敌人结盟 |
[01:59] | test our borders, challenge our interests. | 挑衅我们的地线 触动我们的利益 |
[02:02] | From there, it is a short slide | 如此一来 我们离人头落地 |
[02:05] | to our severed heads riding on pikes. | 也就不远了 |
[02:07] | What good does it do us to pretend | 如果我们打肿脸充胖子 |
[02:09] | to be strong if it bankrupts us? | 又有什么好处呢 |
[02:11] | Truly, Francis, I don’t know why | 说真的 弗朗西斯 我都不知道 |
[02:13] | she’s even in this conversation. | 为什么她会在这里发表意见 |
[02:15] | Didn’t you promise the nobles you’d muzzle her? | 你不是向贵族们承诺了会让她闭嘴吗 |
[02:17] | – Muzzle? – That is what you told Lord Narcisse. | -闭嘴 -你不是这样和纳西斯伯爵说的吗 |
[02:20] | The man controls 90% of the grain in the region. | 正是他掌控了此地区百分之九十的粮食 |
[02:23] | In a famine, that is not just wealth. | 在饥荒中 这不仅是财富 |
[02:25] | That is power. | 那就是权力 |
[02:26] | What grain? | 什么粮食 |
[02:27] | Lord Narcisse has delivered nothing but excuses. | 纳西斯伯爵给我们的除了借口什么都没有 |
[02:30] | A new one every day. | 借口每天都有新花样 |
[02:31] | I imagine he might’ve be more cooperative | 我看如果你没有谋杀他的儿子的话 |
[02:33] | had you not murdered his son. | 他应该会更合作吧 |
[02:34] | What I did was justice, not murder. | 我是为了维护正义 不是谋杀 |
[02:36] | All right, the both of you, enough. | 行了 你们两个都别说了 |
[02:38] | Mary understands that she needs to take a step back | 玛丽知道在加冕典礼结束前 |
[02:40] | until after the coronation. | 她需要做出让步 |
[02:42] | Mary understands? | 玛丽知道吗 |
[02:43] | Doesn’t look that way to me. | 我可看不出来 |
[02:45] | Mary willingly played along to fool Narcisse. | 玛丽愿意和我们合作欺瞒纳西斯 |
[02:47] | She will continue to “know her place” | 在我们得到他的粮食前 |
[02:49] | until we have gotten his grain. | 她会一直很”识时务”的 |
[02:51] | And if he offers nothing but more delays, | 但如果他继续这样拖下去的话 |
[02:52] | I have another plan. | 我还有另一个计划 |
[02:54] | I’m negotiating with young Lord Ducasse for his harvest. | 我在和小杜卡斯伯爵商议取得他这次的收成 |
[02:57] | You’ve been busy. | 你可真忙 |
[02:59] | And behind Narcisse’s back. | 而且在纳西斯背后搞鬼 |
[03:01] | He won’t like it. | 他不会喜欢你这样的 |
[03:02] | Lions study our every move. | 狮子们观察我们的每一个动作 |
[03:04] | What better time than my coronation to show them | 还有时机什么比我的加冕典礼更适合 |
[03:06] | that we can feed our own people? | 让他们知道我们能养活我们自己的人民呢 |
[03:08] | One way or another, that is what I’ll do. | 不成功就承认 这就是我的策略 |
[03:10] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[03:17] | Francis, I understand you need me to play the part. | 弗朗西斯 我知道你需要我做好我的部分 |
[03:20] | The pretense will help keep Narcisse quiet | 这种伪装能让纳西斯按兵不动 |
[03:21] | and give us a better chance at his grain. | 让我们更有机会获得他的粮食 |
[03:23] | And it won’t hurt to show the nobles, | 而且让那些年龄有我两倍大的贵族们看到 |
[03:24] | many twice my age, that if you obey me, they can, too. | 如果你服从我 他们也能这样不是很好吗 |
[03:27] | Are all powerful men so insecure? | 有权力的人都这么没安全感吗 |
[03:30] | A few. | 一小部分 |
[03:32] | Many. | 很多 |
[03:33] | Most. | 大部分都这样 |
[03:34] | Quiet outside. | 外面都安静 |
[03:36] | I need quiet. | 我需要安静 |
[03:38] | The dead do not shout. | 死人不会大声喊叫 |
[03:39] | I cannot tell you their words | 如果我听都听不见 |
[03:41] | if I cannot hear them. | 我怎么告诉你们他们说了什么 |
[03:48] | Is there some spirit you’re expecting to hear from? | 你想收到某个鬼魂的信息吗 |
[03:51] | Francis? | 弗朗西斯 |
[03:53] | Is anything wrong? | 怎么了吗 |
[03:54] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[03:55] | I must find Lord Ducasse to discuss our deal for his grain. | 我得找杜卡斯伯爵谈谈粮食的事情 |
[03:58] | He promised me an answer soon. | 他答应我会尽早给我回复的 |
[04:02] | Coronation Day. A new king. | 加冕日 新的国王 |
[04:04] | And the king’s child publicly claimed. | 国王的儿子被公开承认 |
[04:07] | Land and title both. | 获封土地和爵位 |
[04:09] | You must be so happy. | 你肯定很高兴吧 |
[04:11] | I suppose I must be. | 我当然应该高兴了 |
[04:13] | Will you visit your summer home before the chill? | 天气变冷之前你会去一趟你的避暑别墅吗 |
[04:15] | Hope to. | 希望如此 |
[04:16] | It’s beautiful this time of year. | 每年这个时候都很漂亮 |
[04:18] | Lady Lola will visit her new chateau, of course. | 萝拉小姐当然会去看她的新城堡 |
[04:21] | The little baron will be so happy there. | 小男爵肯定也会很高兴的 |
[04:23] | Lady Kenna, what about you? | 肯娜小姐 你呢 |
[04:25] | Poor thing– | 可怜的小家伙 |
[04:25] | Lost her home in one of those horrid plague fires. | 在一场消除瘟疫的大火中失去了家园 |
[04:28] | That’s no fun, is it? | 那一点也不有趣 对吗 |
[04:29] | Not really, no. | 是的 当然不 |
[04:31] | I did not think I’d ever wear a gown again. | 我从未想过我还会再度穿上礼服 |
[04:33] | Three days until the coronation, | 离加冕礼还有三天 |
[04:35] | and a dress for every occasion. | 一条裙子就足以应对所有场合 |
[04:40] | It’s not fair. Where’s our new chateau? | 这不公平 我们怎么没有新的城堡 |
[04:43] | You are the king’s deputy. | 你是国王的副手 |
[04:45] | I love Lola like a sister, but the idea that unnamed baby | 我爱萝拉如亲姐妹 但一想到那未命名的孩子 |
[04:48] | has been granted vast holdings. | 已经获得了巨额财产 我就… |
[04:50] | Since when was there any land available? | 这里什么时候有空闲的土地了 |
[04:51] | There isn’t. | 是没有 |
[04:53] | Not within two days’ ride of the job | 如果你没有求我骑两天马 |
[04:54] | you begged me to take at the castle. | 赶去城堡接下这活计的话 就没有 |
[04:56] | Yes, but don’t forget the title that comes with it. | 是的 但别忘了你获得了什么爵位 |
[04:58] | How could I? | 我怎么会忘呢 |
[04:59] | Do you know what a title like that would’ve meant to me? | 你知道这样一个爵位对我意味着什么吗 |
[05:01] | Baron Sebastian instead of Bastard Sebastian? | 男爵塞巴斯蒂安而不是私生子塞巴斯蒂安 |
[05:03] | In other words, we cannot begrudge Lola and her child | 换言之 如果我们能让萝拉和她儿子的日子 |
[05:06] | any gifts they may receive, if it makes life easier | 过得比你和你母亲之前的更顺遂一点 |
[05:08] | for them than it was for you and your mother. | 我们决不能嫉妒他们所得的赏赐 |
[05:10] | In those words exactly. | 正是如此 |
[05:12] | Still, | 但是 |
[05:13] | what does a baby need with all that land anyway? | 一个孩子要那么多土地干什么呢 |
[05:15] | When do we get what we deserve? | 我们什么时候才能得到我们应得的 |
[05:18] | Is that? | 是他吗 |
[05:19] | It is. The Prince of Conde. | 是的 康德王子 |
[05:21] | He’s here for the coronation. | 他是来参加加冕礼的 |
[05:22] | We should make him welcome. | 我们应该去欢迎他 |
[05:23] | Hello. | 您好 |
[05:28] | Louis, I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure. | 路易斯 你能来我真高兴 |
[05:31] | This is my new friend. | 这是我的新朋友 |
[05:33] | We only just met. | 我们刚认识 |
[05:35] | Why don’t you wait for me at my pavilion. | 不如你先去帐篷里等我 |
[05:37] | I’ll be there in a moment. | 我马上就来 |
[05:40] | Majesty. Greer. | 王后陛下 葛瑞尔 |
[05:42] | Have you come here to make me feel welcome? | 你们是来欢迎我的吗 |
[05:43] | I believe you’ve quite managed that on your own. | 我相信你在这里已经如鱼得水了 |
[05:45] | Is that judgment in your tone? | 你是在指责我吗 |
[05:47] | I’m sure she intends only admiration. | 我相信她只是想表达她的钦佩 |
[05:50] | You’ve moved on quite adroitly from your lady friend | 自你的女伴乘船回阿姆斯特丹后 |
[05:53] | after she shipped off to Amsterdam. | 你很快就恢复过来了 |
[05:54] | What was her name again? | 她叫什么来着 |
[05:55] | Lady Doutzen, I think. | 我记得是杜晨小姐 |
[05:57] | So much admiration from you both. | 你们两个都太钦佩我了 |
[05:59] | I think it’s more than I can bear. | 我觉得我承受不来了 |
[06:01] | Majesty. | 恕我失礼 |
[06:04] | She’s a courtesan. | 她是个名妓啊 |
[06:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:06] | Did you notice her eyes? | 你注意到她的眼睛了吗 |
[06:08] | One was blue and the other was green. | 一只是蓝的 另一只是绿的 |
[06:10] | It’s a shame about Lord Conde. | 康德大人可真是给自己蒙羞了 |
[06:12] | I thought he might make a suitable match for Lola. | 我还觉得他很配萝拉的呢 |
[06:14] | He’s pleasant enough to look at, | 他看起来是很帅气 |
[06:16] | but I think Lola prefers a man | 但我觉得萝拉更适合那种 |
[06:17] | who doesn’t measure love by the hour. | 专一又专情的男人 |
[06:22] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[06:23] | You’re the king, | 你是国王 |
[06:25] | so I suppose you can dismiss people as you please, | 所以我知道你能随心所欲的解雇别人 |
[06:27] | but I wish when it’s one of our nannies you’d consult me first. | 但如果是保姆的话 我希望你能先和我商量 |
[06:30] | Caroline was my favorite. | 卡洛琳是我最喜欢的 |
[06:32] | Such a gentle touch with the baby. | 她对孩子总是轻手轻脚的 |
[06:34] | I’m sorry, but when I visited the nursery, | 抱歉 但我去婴儿房看孩子的时候 |
[06:36] | I found the baby alone. | 他是一个人在里面 |
[06:37] | Caroline was nowhere in sight. | 我根本没看到卡洛琳 |
[06:39] | That doesn’t sound like her. | 那可不像她 |
[06:40] | – She’s devoted to the child. – Lola, forgive me, | -她对孩子全心全意 -萝拉 抱歉 |
[06:42] | I don’t have time to discuss household arrangements. | 我没时间讨论这种日常安排 |
[06:44] | – But… – Later. Please. | -但是 -过会儿再说吧 拜托了 |
[06:49] | Did you talk to Lord Ducasse about his grain? | 你和杜卡斯大人说过他的粮食的问题了吗 |
[06:51] | No. He postponed his arrival until tonight. | 不 他推迟到今晚到达了 |
[06:53] | Your Majesty. | 国王陛下 |
[06:55] | Lord Narcisse. | 纳西斯伯爵 |
[06:56] | Are you well? | 你还好吗 |
[06:57] | I didn’t hear back from you and expected an answer. | 我没收到你的回复 我想知道你的答案 |
[07:00] | I had no idea. About what? | 我不知道 你说的是什么 |
[07:01] | About your grain. | 关于你的粮食 |
[07:03] | My grain, really, if your promise is still good. | 如果你的承诺奏效的话 那就是我的粮食 |
[07:05] | Yes, well, that’s a sad story. | 是啊 这可是个悲伤的故事啊 |
[07:06] | Still? | 还没完吗 |
[07:08] | A workforce decimated by the plague. | 瘟疫过后 劳动力大幅减少 |
[07:10] | And those who can work, forever making excuses not to. | 而那些还能工作的 总找借口不工作 |
[07:13] | They’re too hungry to work. | 他们太饿了 已经无法工作 |
[07:15] | Too sad from the loss of their families and friends. | 沉浸在失去家人和朋友的悲痛中 |
[07:16] | It’s pitiful, really. | 真可怜 真的 |
[07:19] | So many different words | 他们找了好多借口 |
[07:21] | to describe simple laziness. | 以掩盖他们懒惰的事实 |
[07:24] | I’m sorry to hear it. | 我感到很遗憾 |
[07:26] | France is starving, and surely we all feel a duty | 法国身处饥饿之中 显然我们都有义务 |
[07:28] | to help make the suffering end. | 让法国走出这场灾难 |
[07:30] | Can you give me a date, | 你能给我一个日期吗 |
[07:32] | a specific date, when I can expect the first shipment? | 第一艘货船到达的具体日期 |
[07:34] | Soon, Your Majesty. | 马上 国王陛下 |
[07:37] | Very soon. | 非常快 |
[07:43] | How dare he? | 他岂敢 |
[07:45] | He calls men lazy while they starve? | 人们食不果腹他竟敢说他们懒惰 |
[07:47] | While they grieve? | 人们还沉浸在悲痛中呢 |
[07:48] | Take his land and be done with it. | 夺了他的土地 这事就结了 |
[07:50] | And in taking it, I would anger every French nobleman | 但夺了他的土地 我就会激怒法国贵族们 |
[07:52] | two days before they gather here | 就在他们聚集在此 |
[07:53] | to help put the crown on my head. | 帮我取得王位的前两天 |
[07:55] | Mother was right about one thing. | 母亲有一件事说得对 |
[07:56] | Narcisse wants revenge for his son’s death, | 纳西斯想要为他儿子的死报仇 |
[07:58] | and withholding grain is how he’s getting it. | 按住粮食不发就是他的策略 |
[08:00] | Please tell me you’re going to hear from Ducasse soon. | 告诉我你很快就会收到杜卡斯的来信了 |
[08:03] | We can’t wait for help much longer. | 我们已经等不了了 |
[08:07] | – Stop him! Stop! – Stop the thief! | -拦住他 停下 -拦住那个小偷 |
[08:09] | – Thief! – Stop this man! | -抓小偷啊 -拦住这个人 |
[08:11] | – Thief! – Don’t let him get away! | -抓小偷啊 -别让他逃了 |
[08:13] | – Stop! Stop him! – Stop that man! | -停下 抓住他 -抓住那个人 |
[08:40] | He was just trying to feed his family. | 他只是想要喂饱他的家人 |
[08:48] | We can’t wait. | 我们不能再等下去了 |
[09:08] | I can’t stop thinking about that poor man. | 我总是想起那个可怜人 |
[09:10] | The guards thought he attacked that noblewoman. | 卫兵以为他袭击了那名贵妇人 |
[09:13] | – They were wrong, but… – He didn’t deserve to die. | -他们弄错了 但… -他罪不至死 |
[09:15] | Not for a chicken and some bread. | 只是偷了一只鸡和几块面包而已 |
[09:18] | Your Majesties? | 二位陛下 |
[09:19] | Lord Ducasse. | 杜卡斯伯爵 |
[09:20] | The title still seems strange to me. | 我还不是很习惯贵族的头衔 |
[09:23] | But given with good reason. | 但你理应获封 |
[09:24] | You served my father well at the southern border. | 你在南部边界为我的父王尽心尽力 |
[09:26] | Your Majesties, | 二位陛下 |
[09:27] | allow me to present my wife Monique, | 请允许我向您介绍我的妻子莫妮克 |
[09:30] | my son Guy. | 我的儿子盖 |
[09:31] | And how old are you, Guy? | 你多大了 盖 |
[09:33] | Six, ma’am. | 我六岁 夫人 |
[09:34] | Your Majesty. | 应该叫陛下 |
[09:36] | “Ma’am” is fine. | 叫夫人就可以了 |
[09:39] | Your grain is ready for shipment? | 你的粮食准备好装运了吗 |
[09:40] | Yes. All prepared. | 是的 都准备好了 |
[09:43] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[09:46] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[09:48] | Was my offer not fair? | 我的开价不合理吗 |
[09:49] | Very fair, Majesty. But… | 很合理 陛下 只是… |
[09:53] | there’s a reason other nobles make excuses | 别的贵族找借口拒绝供应粮食 |
[09:55] | when asked for their grain. | 也是有原因的 |
[09:59] | Lord Narcisse. | 纳西斯伯爵 |
[10:01] | I’m recently titled, | 虽然我才获封不久 |
[10:02] | but not so recent that I don’t fear his reach. | 但我仍惧怕他的实力 |
[10:05] | He has brought down far more powerful men than me. | 他曾毁掉比我强大得多的人 |
[10:07] | I am King. | 我是国王 |
[10:08] | You have nothing to fear from Narcisse or anyone else. | 你不必惧怕纳西斯或其他任何人 |
[10:16] | Did you find out what I asked? | 你找到我要找的东西了吗 |
[10:18] | Lord Montgomery left court after he was pardoned | 蒙戈马利伯爵在格斗中谋害我们父亲的罪名 |
[10:21] | for killing our father at the joust. | 被赦免后就离开宫廷了 |
[10:23] | Found work as a Habsburg mercenary in Bohemia, | 去当了波西米亚的哈布斯堡的雇佣兵 |
[10:25] | and hasn’t been back since. | 至今未归 |
[10:27] | And the list I gave you? | 我给你的单子呢 |
[10:29] | There’s no connection between him and anyone on it. | 他与单子上的人没有任何联系 |
[10:31] | I believe Lola’s nanny, Caroline, was listed. | 萝拉的保姆卡洛琳在单子上 |
[10:34] | Yes, but she arrived | 没错 但她是在蒙戈马利离开后 |
[10:35] | after Montgomery left. | 才来到宫廷的 |
[10:37] | Why would Montgomery have anything | 蒙戈马利为什么 |
[10:38] | to do with Lola’s nanny? | 会跟萝拉的保姆有关联 |
[10:40] | What are you after? | 你在查什么 |
[10:41] | I asked you to handle this because I trust you. | 我把这件事交给你是因为我信任你 |
[10:44] | I trust you not to ask questions I can’t answer. | 我相信你不会问我无法回答的问题 |
[11:05] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[11:06] | Herr Schuler, welcome. | 舒勒先生 欢迎 |
[11:08] | We’re so glad to have you. | 很高兴您能来 |
[11:09] | We know that you’re a long way from home. | 您的家乡路途遥远 |
[11:11] | I know that there has been some bad blood | 我知道新教德国 |
[11:13] | between Protestant Germany and Catholic France. | 与天主教法国有些隔阂 |
[11:16] | Francis does not want to continue the old battles. | 但弗朗西斯并不想继续往日的战争 |
[11:19] | Give us the chance to prove it to you. | 请给我们机会向你证明 |
[11:20] | Here is your chance. | 你的机会来了 |
[11:22] | I seek the release of Protestant prisoners jailed by King Henry. | 我希望你们释放被先王亨利关押的新教囚犯 |
[11:26] | Men whose only crime | 他们获罪 |
[11:27] | was to make a new relationship with God, | 只是因为他们想换种方式崇敬上帝 |
[11:29] | as I do. | 就像我一样 |
[11:30] | I knew nothing of this. | 我并不知道此事 |
[11:32] | Then release them. | 那就放了他们 |
[11:33] | What better way to herald a new era? | 这不正是庆祝新时代的好方式吗 |
[11:37] | France is sick with famine. | 法国正被饥荒困扰 |
[11:39] | I come from a region rich in German grain. | 我在德国的领地粮食丰富 |
[11:41] | If the new King will release the prisoners to me, | 如果新王答应我释放囚犯 |
[11:44] | I will give him the grain he needs. | 我就提供他所需要的粮食 |
[11:58] | Help me, please, I beg you. | 帮帮我 我请求您 |
[12:01] | You’re the king’s deputy, my last resort. | 您是国王的副手 我最后的希望了 |
[12:03] | My husband was murdered. | 我的丈夫被谋杀了 |
[12:05] | No one believes me, but it’s true. | 没人相信我 可这是真的 |
[12:07] | My husband is dead, and I cannot find him, and he did it. | 我的丈夫死了 我找不到他 是他干的 |
[12:11] | Who did it? | 谁干的 |
[12:13] | Lord Barnard! | 巴纳德 |
[12:15] | He thinks he can kill any man and get away with it! | 他认为自己能随便杀人 逍遥法外 |
[12:17] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[12:25] | It must be hard. | 肯定不好过吧 |
[12:27] | Once a queen, now queen mother. | 曾经的王后 如今的太后 |
[12:30] | Decorative like an expensive vase, | 就像个花哨的花瓶 |
[12:32] | and not a great deal more relevant. | 真是再贴切不过 |
[12:35] | I’m not the only one. | 变花瓶的可不止我一个 |
[12:37] | There’s a new day coming, and you are on the wrong side. | 新时代就要开始了 你却站错了边 |
[12:41] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[12:42] | Francis and Mary see the world differently. | 弗朗西斯和玛丽对世界有着别样的看法 |
[12:47] | They are moral. | 他们是明君 |
[12:48] | They care about the people. | 他们关心百姓 |
[12:50] | More than they care about money or power… | 多于关心钱和权力… |
[12:54] | or men like you. | 或是你这样的人 |
[12:55] | Time will teach Francis to think like his father. | 时间会让弗朗西斯走上他父亲的路 |
[12:59] | I wonder about that. | 这可不一定 |
[13:01] | But you didn’t come here to discuss the future, did you? | 但你不是来探讨未来的吧 |
[13:04] | Francis double-deals behind my back. | 弗朗西斯背着我耍阴招 |
[13:08] | Reaching out to other French nobles for grain. | 与其他的法国贵族交易粮食 |
[13:10] | Despite the long-term relationship | 不顾我与宫廷 |
[13:12] | I have with the Crown. | 长久以来的交情 |
[13:14] | Is that the relationship | 你是指那些 |
[13:15] | where you promise vital goods that never arrive? | 假意承诺却永远不会出现的食物吗 |
[13:18] | They might arrive faster | 如果把你丈夫欠我的债 |
[13:19] | if your husband’s debts to me were repaid. | 早点还了或许就能出现得快点了 |
[13:21] | Don’t pretend this is about money. | 别装作这是钱的问题 |
[13:24] | You have all the money you need. | 你需要的钱我们都给了 |
[13:26] | You want power. | 你想要的是权力 |
[13:28] | You want revenge. | 你想复仇 |
[13:31] | But how could I possibly help you? | 但我怎么帮得上你呢 |
[13:34] | I’m irrelevant. | 这又与我无关 |
[13:41] | Lady Kenna? | 肯娜小姐 |
[13:45] | – Have we met? – In the tent city. | -我们见过吗 -在帐篷之城见过 |
[13:47] | Noble wives bragging about their summer homes at your expense. | 贵妇们吹嘘自家的避暑地来嘲讽你 |
[13:51] | They are preening peahens with empty heads. | 无知地轻狂自大 |
[13:54] | Are they not your friends? | 她们不是你的朋友吗 |
[13:55] | I prefer friends with more between their ears | 我更喜欢结交善于思考的朋友 |
[13:57] | than chiffon and puff pastry, don’t you? | 而不是家长里短的女人 你呢 |
[14:00] | I prefer friends I can trust. | 我喜欢结交可以信任的朋友 |
[14:01] | Especially now, I imagine, | 现在尤甚吧 |
[14:03] | with your husband’s position so sensitive. | 考虑到你丈夫的地位很敏感 |
[14:06] | Is any man closer to the King? | 还有比他更得国王信任的人吗 |
[14:09] | I can’t imagine all the gifts and tribute you must receive. | 你们收到的礼物和贡品估计我都无法想象 |
[14:12] | Every noble eager to curry favor with an important man like that. | 每个贵族都会想结交如此位高权重的人吧 |
[14:16] | No gifts, no land. | 其实没有礼物 |
[14:17] | No tributes of any kind, actually. | 没有封地 也没什么贡品 |
[14:19] | Must be doing something wrong. | 肯定是我们哪里做得不好 |
[14:21] | Nobles are like geese. They fly in flocks. | 贵族们就像大雁 总是结伴行动 |
[14:24] | If one does something, the others will follow. | 有人先行动 其他人就会追随 |
[14:29] | But perhaps I can help. | 不过我也许可以帮忙 |
[14:31] | How? | 怎么说 |
[14:32] | My husband is helping dispose of estates | 我丈夫正在帮忙处理一些土地 |
[14:34] | left without owners after the plague. | 瘟疫过后很多土地没了主人 |
[14:36] | Some are rather expansive. | 有些还是很富庶的 |
[14:38] | Unless you’d rather avoid the bother of managing property. | 不过你若是不愿意打理这些的话 |
[14:41] | No, not at all. That… That sounds lovely, actually. | 不 当然不是 其实 其实我很有兴趣 |
[14:47] | I spoke to the German duke, Schuler. | 我跟那位德国公爵聊过了 舒勒 |
[14:50] | The dour Protestant? | 那个阴沉的新教徒 |
[14:52] | He didn’t just come here for the coronation. | 他并不只是来参加加冕典礼的 |
[14:55] | He came to make a deal. | 还是为了做交易 |
[14:56] | He has grain. | 他手上有粮食 |
[14:58] | What kind of deal? | 什么交易 |
[14:59] | The Protestant prisoners your father jailed. | 你父亲关起来的新教徒 |
[15:01] | He offers grain in exchange for their freedom. | 如果放他们自由 他愿以粮食交换 |
[15:05] | It’s a good deal, | 这交易很公平 |
[15:06] | and one that you’re in dire need of. | 而且我们亟需这笔交易 |
[15:08] | And German dukes aren’t afraid of Lord Narcisse. | 再说德国公爵并不畏惧纳西斯伯爵 |
[15:12] | Asking you to know your place | 让你学会收敛锋芒 |
[15:13] | is like asking the sun not to shine. | 就像让太阳黯然失色一样困难 |
[15:16] | I know it’s not part of the plan, but Schuler approached me. | 我知道这与计划不符 是舒勒来找的我 |
[15:19] | If only it weren’t a solution that made more problems. | 可是这个方案也许会带来更多麻烦 |
[15:23] | A deal with a Protestant duke | 与德国的新教徒公爵做交易 |
[15:24] | would anger every Catholic noble. | 会激怒所有天主教贵族 |
[15:26] | This is not the week for that. | 现在时机不合适 |
[15:28] | Lord Ducasse’s grain will put an end to the crisis. | 杜卡斯伯爵的粮食足以化解我们的危机 |
[15:31] | Your Majesty? We found the nanny. | 陛下 我们找到那位保姆了 |
[15:33] | She took a room in the village. | 她在村落里找了一个屋子 |
[15:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:40] | You’re looking for a nanny? | 你在找一位保姆 |
[15:42] | One of Lola’s? | 是萝拉的人吗 |
[15:43] | I dismissed her, but Lola wants | 我解雇了她 但是萝拉 |
[15:45] | to pay the woman the money she’s owed. | 想要把她应得的酬金付清 |
[15:51] | Please explain to me why my son disappears, | 请你解释清楚 为什么我儿子会消失 |
[15:54] | and then your man comes to my suite to invite me here. | 而你却派人把我从房间叫来这里 |
[15:57] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[15:58] | Papa! | 爸爸 |
[15:59] | I found your boy playing alone in a castle corridor. | 我发现你儿子在城堡的走廊里独自玩耍 |
[16:02] | He should have been asleep, but he’s safe with me. | 他本应该好好睡觉 不过我会保他周全 |
[16:06] | It’s cold out here. Can I come in now? | 这里好冷 我能进去吗 |
[16:08] | Not now. | 不行 |
[16:09] | Look at the stars. | 你看星星多好看 |
[16:14] | I know what it’s like to lose a son. | 我知道失去儿子是什么感觉 |
[16:18] | I lost my son, | 瘟疫期间 |
[16:19] | my heir, during the plague. | 我失去了我的儿子 我的继承人 |
[16:22] | I feel his absence | 每时每刻 |
[16:24] | every minute of every day. | 我都会深深感受到他已不在 |
[16:28] | I hope you never feel pain like that. | 我希望你永远不要体会到那种痛苦 |
[16:31] | It would destroy you. | 那种痛会毁了你 |
[16:49] | But what happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[16:50] | Why did Ducasse change his mind? | 为什么杜卡斯会突然改变主意 |
[16:52] | He didn’t give a reason, | 他没说原因 |
[16:53] | but he suddenly claims not to have the grain that he promised. | 但是他突然说手上并没有曾经承诺的粮食 |
[16:55] | Narcisse is behind this. | 一定是纳西斯动了手脚 |
[16:56] | He may well be, but it makes no difference. | 也许是 但是这已经无所谓了 |
[16:58] | – There’s no deal. – But there is. | -交易做不成了 -还是有希望的 |
[17:01] | With Schuler, the German duke. | 还有德国公爵 舒勒 |
[17:03] | He offered to exchange grain for the Protestant prisoners. | 他主动提出要拿粮食来换那些新教囚徒 |
[17:06] | I can’t release prisoners without knowing their crimes. | 不清楚他们的罪行 我不能释放他们 |
[17:08] | They might be dangerous men or usurpers. | 也许他们非常危险 甚至会篡位夺权 |
[17:11] | There’s too many Protestants determined | 有很多新教徒下定决心 |
[17:12] | to put one of their own on my throne. | 要让他们中的一员来当国王 |
[17:15] | Until I find out, keep the German duke in place. | 在我查清之前 不要轻举妄动 |
[17:18] | Two days until the coronation. | 离加冕典礼还有两天 |
[17:20] | Then Schuler will leave court and go home. | 之后舒勒就会离开宫廷 |
[17:22] | Plenty of time till then. | 这时间足够了 |
[17:23] | Tell that to the people starving outside our walls. | 可是城外忍受空腹之苦的人等不了 |
[17:27] | – I heard the news. – Your Grace. | -我听说了 -陛下 |
[17:30] | Young Lord Ducasse’s sudden desire | 年轻的伯爵杜卡斯忽然改变主意 |
[17:32] | to keep his grain for himself. | 要把粮食留着自己用 |
[17:34] | It’s funny how that worked out. | 这转变真是令人惊讶 |
[17:36] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[17:37] | You want to teach my son a lesson | 你想给我儿子一个教训 |
[17:39] | about who holds the power in France. | 让他清楚法国谁最有权力 |
[17:42] | The lesson is this. | 教训在这里 |
[17:43] | You will pay for my son’s death. | 你必须为我儿子的死付出代价 |
[17:46] | You can’t put a price on such a loss, | 这种悲剧的代价难以衡量 |
[17:49] | but your son needn’t have died in vain. | 但你的儿子并不会白白死去 |
[17:53] | You need a friend at court. | 你需要在宫廷里的朋友 |
[17:55] | You? | 你吗 |
[17:56] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[17:57] | Grain… sold to me if you won’t sell it to Francis. | 要粮食 要是不卖给弗朗西斯就卖给我 |
[18:00] | Corn if you have it. | 还有玉米 如若你有 |
[18:03] | And in exchange, you will convince Francis | 作为交换 你会说服弗朗西斯吗 |
[18:06] | to put my friend Lord Robuchon on his privy council. | 让我的朋友罗布尚加入枢密院 |
[18:09] | I won’t corrupt my son’s council. | 我不会破坏我儿子的枢密院 |
[18:11] | I’m here to make Francis a stronger king, not a weaker one. | 我是为了给弗朗西斯助力 而不是阻力 |
[18:13] | An advisor of my choice, or regrettably, there is no deal. | 我建议你 应该说是同情 我不同意交易 |
[18:17] | I shall get my grain elsewhere. | 那我就去别处找粮食 |
[18:22] | You didn’t come here because your heart bleeds | 你来这里绝不是因为看到子民挨饿 |
[18:25] | for your starving countrymen. | 心里过意不去 |
[18:26] | What are you hiding? | 你在掩饰什么 |
[18:27] | Well, perhaps I’m hiding a bleeding heart. | 也许我在掩饰自己心里过意不去 |
[18:36] | Your Majesty? The meeting is arranged. | 陛下 已经约好见面了 |
[18:39] | We can escort you to the tent city when you have the time. | 您什么时候有时间 属下可护送您去帐篷之城 |
[18:42] | Now. Let’s go now. | 现在就可以 走吧 |
[18:48] | Herr Schuler! Good news | 舒勒先生 好消息 |
[18:50] | about the exchange we discussed last night. | 是关于我们昨晚的谈话 |
[18:52] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[18:53] | The king is intrigued by the prospect, | 国王对于两国的前景很是期待 |
[18:56] | but more so by the new alliance it ratifies. | 对于即将到来的联盟更是很有兴趣 |
[18:58] | He simply needs time to consider. | 他只是需要时间来考虑 |
[18:59] | The king is intrigued? He needs time to consider? | 国王很是期待 需要时间考虑 |
[19:02] | – Yes, but… – Maybe I should have spoken to the king. | -对 -也许我应该直接去找国王 |
[19:06] | You may deal with me directly. | 你可以直接跟我谈 |
[19:08] | Very well. I’m telling you | 很好 那我告诉你 |
[19:10] | that I’m going home. Now. | 我要走了 马上启程 |
[19:13] | If peace is a thing you need to consider, | 如果构建和平还需要考虑 |
[19:15] | I have no interest in dealing with you or the king. | 我对交易没有兴趣了 不论是你还是国王 |
[19:18] | My husband simply wants to confirm | 我丈夫只是想要确定 |
[19:20] | what the men were imprisoned for. | 那些人被关押的罪名 |
[19:21] | The word of a German duke is not enough? | 德国公爵的话还不够分量吗 |
[19:24] | I told you. | 我说过了 |
[19:25] | My friends were jailed for their faith, nothing more. | 我的朋友们因信仰入狱 别无其他 |
[19:27] | The coronation is in just a few days. If… | 加冕典礼几天后就会举行 如果… |
[19:29] | I came here to free my friends. | 我是来放朋友们自由的 |
[19:31] | I didn’t come to watch Rome prop up a new puppet king. | 并不是来看一个傀儡如何加冕称王的 |
[19:41] | Your Majesty, it is a great | 陛下 能与您同坐 |
[19:45] | I have little time, and none of it for flattery. | 我赶时间 不用奉承了 |
[19:48] | What can I do for you? | 请问您有什么需要 |
[19:50] | I’m told that you speak with the dead. | 听说你能跟死者对话 |
[19:52] | There is much to learn from them. | 死者能教会我们很多东西 |
[19:54] | I suppose that might be true if I thought it were possible. | 如果真能做到的话 还是有几分道理的 |
[19:57] | Then why are you here? | 那您为何来此 |
[20:00] | There’s a woman I want you to meet. | 我想请你见见一个女人 |
[20:03] | She acts as if she is possessed. | 她的举止就像被附身了一样 |
[20:05] | I want you to tell me if she is deceiving me on purpose, | 我希望你能告诉我 她是在故意欺骗我 |
[20:08] | or if she is in the grip of some madness. | 还是得了什么病 |
[20:10] | But what if it’s neither? | 也许都不是呢 |
[20:12] | What if her possession is real? | 如果她是真的被附身了呢 |
[20:14] | I don’t believe in ghosts. | 我不相信鬼魂 |
[20:19] | Undertaker’s apprentice. | 送葬者的学徒 |
[20:21] | He was a good man, your master? | 你的主人 他心地很善良吗 |
[20:22] | Yes, my lord. | 是的 殿下 |
[20:23] | And the dead are listed here? | 死者都列在这里了吗 |
[20:25] | Them that was removed from the pit. | 从乱葬场转移出来的都在这里了 |
[20:27] | “Unknown woman, died of plague. | “未知女性 死于瘟疫” |
[20:29] | Unknown child, plague.” | “未知孩子 死于瘟疫” |
[20:33] | Are you familiar with Lord Doisneau? | 你熟悉杜瓦诺伯爵吗 |
[20:35] | Do you know the name? | 知道这个名字吗 |
[20:36] | Lord Barnard? | 巴纳德伯爵呢 |
[20:42] | Boy. You are under my protection. | 孩子 我会保护你的 |
[20:44] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[20:45] | Tell me what you know. | 把你知道的告诉我 |
[20:47] | Lord Doisneau was kind to everyone. | 杜瓦诺伯爵对谁都很好 |
[20:50] | And Barnard? | 那巴纳德呢 |
[20:52] | No one’s good enough for him. | 他贪得无厌 |
[20:54] | There’s rumors he wants the coal under Lord Doisneau’s land. | 传言说他想要杜瓦诺伯爵土地下的煤矿 |
[20:57] | His wife insists he’s dead, but | 他妻子一直说他死了 但是 |
[21:00] | the name “Doisneau” isn’t in here. | “杜瓦诺”这个名字不在里面 |
[21:02] | Wait. | 等等 |
[21:05] | Lady Doisneau said they were recently titled. | 杜瓦诺夫人说他们是最近才封爵的 |
[21:08] | And if they were given title, they were given name. | 封爵的时候 会得到贵族名字 |
[21:12] | There it is. | 在这里 |
[21:13] | Doisneau’s patronym. | 杜瓦诺的教父名 |
[21:15] | My lord? | 我不懂 |
[21:15] | The name he was born with. | 就是他出生时被赐予的名字 |
[21:17] | Bouchard. | 博夏尔 |
[21:20] | 路易斯·亨利·博夏尔 死于被割喉 | |
[21:22] | It’s here. | 在这里 |
[21:24] | His throat was slit. | 他被人割喉了 |
[21:27] | You’re going to do this before we find Francis? | 还没找到弗朗西斯 你要独自做决定吗 |
[21:29] | Mary. Are you sure? | 玛丽 你确定吗 |
[21:31] | A villager killed his neighbor this morning | 今早一个村民杀死了邻居 |
[21:32] | fighting over a rancid potato. | 只为争一个变质的土豆 |
[21:34] | People are starving and dying, and there will be more. | 人们在挨饿在伤亡 而且还会持续下去 |
[21:37] | Didn’t Francis say he wanted to rule on the bargain himself? | 可弗朗西斯不是说过这次交易由他来决定吗 |
[21:40] | He wants his people to eat. | 他想要人们有饭吃 |
[21:42] | I’ll do what I have to to feed them. | 想做到这一点必须作出抉择 |
[21:43] | Can’t it wait till we find him? | 就不能等找到他再说吗 |
[21:45] | We’ve been looking for him everywhere. | 我们已经四处找过了 |
[21:47] | The Germans are packing to leave as we speak. | 德国人已经在收拾行装准备离开了 |
[21:49] | They hold the only grain we can get on short notice. | 短时间内 他们是唯一的希望 |
[21:52] | We’re out of other options. | 我们别无选择 |
[21:56] | Herr Schuler. | 舒勒先生 |
[21:57] | Thank you for your hospitality, but we are leaving now. | 谢谢你的盛情款待 不过我们要走了 |
[22:01] | The kingsguard have been ordered | 国王御用侍卫已经领命 |
[22:02] | to accompany you and your men to the garrison | 要护送你和你的随从去驻防地 |
[22:04] | where the Protestant prisoners are being held. | 那里关着新教囚徒 |
[22:06] | It’s a short ride. Once there, | 路途不远 一旦到达 |
[22:08] | they will be handed over into your custody, as agreed. | 他们就会按交易将囚徒交给你们 |
[22:11] | This is good news, Your Grace. | 这确实是好消息 陛下 |
[22:14] | I’m surprised… pleased that the king has agreed… | 我很惊讶 很惊喜 国王居然会同意… |
[22:17] | You’ll have your prisoners. | 囚犯会交给你 |
[22:18] | And you will have your grain. | 粮食也会交给你 |
[22:20] | France thanks you. | 法国感谢您鼎力相助 |
[22:22] | And my husband the king thanks you. | 我丈夫作为国王也很感谢您 |
[22:27] | I still don’t understand what I’m doing here. | 我还是不明白叫我来这里干什么 |
[22:31] | I don’t remember any of what the king talked about. | 我不记得国王说了什么 |
[22:34] | There’s nothing to fear. I will guide you. | 没必要害怕 我会指引你 |
[22:37] | Just relax your mind. | 只要放轻松就好 |
[22:39] | This mesmeric elixir, | 这种催眠剂 |
[22:41] | the rarest metals reduced, | 由稀有金属浓缩制成 |
[22:44] | summons spirits of the dead. | 能够召唤死者的灵魂 |
[22:46] | Which you may host. | 也许你身上就有 |
[22:49] | Your Grace, | 国王陛下 |
[22:51] | please understand there’s no guarantee that… | 请您理解 我并不能保证… |
[22:53] | Weakness is a fatal flaw in a king. | 作为国王 软弱是致命的 |
[22:56] | Leave us. Now. | 你出去吧 快点 |
[22:58] | Go. | 出去 |
[23:07] | Is it you? | 是你吗 |
[23:13] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[23:13] | I’m Henry. | 亨利 |
[23:15] | Where were you born? | 你出生于何地 |
[23:16] | Chateau de Saint-Germain-en-Laye. | 圣日耳曼昂莱城堡 |
[23:18] | That’s a funny question. | 这问题真有趣 |
[23:19] | And your father– where was… | 你父亲 他… |
[23:20] | He died on my birthday. | 他死于我的生日 |
[23:23] | 28 candles on my birthday cake. | 在我二十八岁时 |
[23:26] | I died, too. | 我也死了 |
[23:27] | I don’t want to talk about that. | 我不想谈这个 |
[23:29] | But I did not rise up afterwards. | 但是我却没有升入天堂 |
[23:32] | Something seems to hold me. | 似乎有什么拖住了我 |
[23:34] | Why am I here? | 我为什么会在这里 |
[23:36] | What holds me? | 是什么拖住了我 |
[23:38] | Perhaps your sins. | 也许是你的罪恶 |
[23:39] | I don’t remember them. | 我并不记得我有罪 |
[23:41] | They were many. | 有很多 |
[23:42] | But I remember my death. | 但我记得我的死亡 |
[23:44] | I feel the horse beneath me– | 我感觉得到身下的马… |
[23:46] | a joust and I cannot lose. | 一次骑术格斗 我不能输 |
[23:49] | Montgomery rides against me, | 蒙戈马利与我对战 |
[23:51] | but he never rode like that– | 但他从未有那样的技术 |
[23:53] | the way he held the lance, | 他拿着长矛 |
[23:55] | aimed at my head and not my shield. | 却是瞄准了我的头 而不是盾牌 |
[23:59] | I should’ve seen it. | 我应该看出来的 |
[24:01] | I should’ve known. | 我应该想通的 |
[24:02] | It was not Montgomery, | 那不是蒙戈马利 |
[24:04] | it was some other man. | 是另有其人 |
[24:05] | Oh, my God. It’s you. | 天呐 是你 |
[24:08] | You changed. | 你变了 |
[24:10] | I saw it before I died. | 我死前就察觉到了 |
[24:12] | The way you looked at me. | 你看我的眼神不一样了 |
[24:13] | Plots and plans and plots and plans. | 密谋暗算 工于心计 |
[24:18] | Could you? | 你怎么能 |
[24:19] | Would you dare raise a hand against your… | 怎么敢策反你自己的父… |
[24:21] | Stop. | 住口 |
[24:23] | Please leave me alone. | 别再来找我 |
[24:35] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[24:36] | I’ve been looking everywhere for you. | 我到处在找你 |
[24:37] | Mary, please, not now. I need sleep. | 玛丽 现在不是时候 我需要休息 |
[24:39] | It’s about the German duke. | 是德国公爵的事 |
[24:41] | Francis, I ordered the king’s guards to accompany him to the garrison | 弗朗西斯 我调集了国王护卫送他到驻地 |
[24:44] | to free the Protestant prisoners. | 去释放被囚禁的新教徒 |
[24:46] | Without consulting me? Why? | 竟然不征询我的同意 为什么 |
[24:47] | – We had an agreement. – There was no time. | -我们可是有约在先 -没时间了 |
[24:49] | Two days was more than enough time. | 两天的时间还不够 |
[24:50] | I told you I would look into it. | 我说了这事我要深究 |
[24:52] | Schuler was leaving court and I couldn’t find you. | 舒勒急着离开 而我找不到你 |
[24:54] | Mary, I warned you. | 玛丽 我警告过你 |
[24:56] | Provoking French noblemen, taking on Narcisse. | 那些被激怒的法国贵族跟纳西斯联手了 |
[24:58] | – Hours before my coronation. – He offered a fair deal. | -就在加冕礼的几小时前 -他提出的交易相当可观 |
[25:03] | The only deal that could keep France from the famine. | 只有这样才能救法国于饥荒 |
[25:03] | German grain. A new alliance. | 德国提供救济粮 他们是我们的新盟国 |
[25:06] | Every ruler at court will hear how | 宫廷中的所有统治者都会听说 |
[25:07] | I lacked the power to make my own nobles deliver a simple commodity. | 我连纠集贵族提供粮食的能力都没有 |
[25:11] | They will hear how I couldn’t control my own queen. | 他们会听说我连自己的王后都管不住 |
[25:13] | Tell them a different story, then. | 那就换种说法 |
[25:16] | Tell them how you faced down your nobles, | 告诉他们你屈尊于这些贵族 |
[25:18] | forged an alliance to feed your people. | 只是为了给饥饿的子民谋条活路 |
[25:20] | But the king didn’t do that. The queen did. | 国王并没这么做 是王后做的 |
[25:23] | In the king’s name. I don’t see how this does any harm. | 以国王的名义做的 这有什么区别吗 |
[25:26] | Mary, this is not about my vanity. This is about my legitimacy. | 玛丽 我不是为了虚荣心 这关乎我的王权 |
[25:29] | I am a new king, trying to fill the shoes of a man those people feared. | 我是新任国王 已故国王的霸道让他们噤若寒蝉 |
[25:34] | I don’t need their fear, but I need their respect. | 我不需要贵族们害怕我 我需要他们的尊重 |
[25:36] | How can I ask them for it if I can’t even get it from you? | 连你都不尊重我 我怎么指望他们的尊重 |
[25:39] | – You don’t think I respect you? – Not enough to obey me. | -你觉得我不尊重你 -起码你不听从我 |
[25:42] | Let me prove it, then. Let me help them see… | 给我机会证明 我会让他们知道… |
[25:44] | No. I’ll have no more help from you. | 不必了 我不需要你的协助了 |
[25:47] | I’ve had more than enough already. | 我已经受够了 |
[25:53] | You’re awake. | 你醒啦 |
[25:55] | Good news. | 有好消息 |
[25:57] | Apparently. | 看出来了 |
[25:58] | I met a noble lady and the noble lady’s very rich husband | 我遇到一位贵妇 她富有的丈夫 |
[26:01] | wants to curry favor with the king’s deputy, | 想要巴结下国王的副手 |
[26:03] | so the very rich husband is giving us a gift. | 所以那位富贵的大人要送我们件礼物 |
[26:05] | – What sort of gift? – A beautiful chouteau. | -什么礼物 -一块美丽的封地 |
[26:08] | Not far, modest in size, | 距离不远 面积也不算大 |
[26:10] | but more than an adequate replacement for what we lost, | 但比起我们失去的那块绰绰有余 |
[26:12] | and the noble is willing to sell us title to the land for a price | 贵族愿意将封号以合理价格卖给我们 |
[26:15] | that we can easily afford– next to nothing,really. | 跟白送差不多 |
[26:17] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[26:18] | Who would do such a thing? How did this happen? | 会有这种好事 到底怎么回事 |
[26:20] | It’s all thanks to my new friend, Lady Barnard. | 多亏了我的新朋友 巴纳德夫人 |
[26:22] | She seems very nice. | 她看上去很友善 |
[26:24] | – Generous to a fault. – Oh, Kenna. | -简直慷慨得过分 -肯娜 |
[26:26] | It’s not a gift, it’s a bribe. | 这不是礼物 是贿赂 |
[26:27] | I’m investigating her husband for murder. | 我正在调查她丈夫的谋杀罪 |
[26:30] | M… Perhaps the man you’re investigating is some other Barnard? | 谋杀…你调查的是另一位巴纳德吧 |
[26:34] | No, it’s the same man. | 不 就是同一人 |
[26:35] | I had no case against him until I found proof | 找不到杜瓦诺被谋杀的证据 |
[26:37] | that Doisneau was murdered. | 我就不能起诉他 |
[26:39] | And now this bribe is confirmation. | 现在这笔贿赂更证实了这一点 |
[26:41] | I’m closer to proving his guilt than I thought. | 我比想象中更有把握证明他有罪 |
[26:44] | You tricked me. | 你骗了我 |
[26:46] | Your husband is a criminal and you are nothing but a deceitful… | 你丈夫是罪犯 而你满腹诡计… |
[26:48] | I am a loving wife trying to protect my husband from false accusation. | 我只是想保护丈夫不被诬陷的一位贤妻 |
[26:52] | He is innocent. | 他是清白的 |
[26:53] | Bash will determine who is guilty and who is not. | 有罪无罪是巴斯说了算 |
[26:56] | He is the most honest man I’ve ever known. | 他是我所知的最诚实的人 |
[26:57] | Which is more than I can say for you. | 起码比你可靠 |
[26:59] | It’s good to love one’s husband. | 爱自己的丈夫没错 |
[27:01] | I appreciate your devotion. | 我欣赏你对他的忠诚 |
[27:03] | But if you don’t stop your husband’s investigation into mine, | 但如果你不制止你丈夫的调查 |
[27:07] | your devotion will be to a dead man. | 你的忠诚会害死他 |
[27:09] | The nobles already hate him for trying to usurp the throne. | 因为他对王位图谋不轨 贵族们已恨透了他 |
[27:12] | That wasn’t Bash’s intent nor his doing. | 巴斯对王位没有二心 也没有不轨举动 |
[27:14] | The two of you hang from the thinnest of threads: | 你俩现在命悬一线 |
[27:16] | Francis’ and Mary’s inexplicable devotion to you. | 弗朗斯西和玛丽对你的感情复杂不清 |
[27:19] | It keeps you at court, but it won’t save you. | 虽然保你留在宫廷 却不能保你性命 |
[27:22] | It won’t save your husband. | 也救不了你的丈夫 |
[27:46] | It’s the German duke. | 是德国公爵 |
[27:48] | I have been ill-used, lied to. | 我被凌辱 被欺骗 |
[27:50] | Verraten. | 被出卖 |
[27:51] | Herr Schuler, what has happened? What’s wrong? | 舒勒先生 怎么了 发生什么事了 |
[27:53] | We rode to the garrison as instructed | 我们照指示行至驻地 |
[27:55] | to release the prisoners, as promised. | 按约定好的释放囚犯 |
[27:57] | But the prisoners were not there. | 囚犯们却不见踪影 |
[28:00] | They’d been removed two days before. | 他们两天前就被转移了 |
[28:02] | – Impossible. – How did this happen? | -不可能 -这怎么回事 |
[28:03] | You are no more or less than the son of your father. | 你真不愧是你父亲的好儿子 |
[28:06] | And it was your father who threw innocent men into prison | 你父亲将无辜的人打入监狱 |
[28:09] | for no other reason than the way they worship God. | 只因他们对上帝的虔诚 |
[28:12] | A prison where they were tortured. | 他在狱中受尽折磨 |
[28:14] | Do not forget you are speaking to the king of France. | 别放肆 你是在跟法国国王说话 |
[28:18] | Show them. | 拿给他们看 |
[28:22] | Knee crusher, | 碎膝器 |
[28:24] | cat’s paw, rat’s cage. | 猫爪刑 老鼠笼[酷刑刑具] |
[28:27] | This is not our doing. | 这不是我们做的 |
[28:28] | Come. | 走吧 |
[28:29] | We’ll find the prisoners ourselves. | 我们会自己找到那些囚犯 |
[28:31] | Not with weapons, you won’t. | 不准使用武器 |
[28:32] | You’re on French soil. | 这是在法国地盘上 |
[28:33] | Guards. | 卫兵 |
[28:39] | Herr Schuler, please… | 舒勒先生 我请求您 |
[28:40] | You lie to your guests and then you threaten them with violence? | 先是欺骗客人 现在又以武力威胁吗 |
[28:43] | We will not be treated this way. | 我们不该被如此对待 |
[28:45] | That is enough! | 够了 |
[28:47] | Every man here will lower their weapon! | 所有人放下武器 |
[29:11] | Protestant Germans threatened by Catholic Frenchmen | 德国新教徒被法国天主教徒威逼 |
[29:14] | when they are our guests, | 他们是来宫廷作客的 |
[29:16] | each side reminded of the hate they felt for the other, | 可双方却记起了彼此之间的怨恨 |
[29:18] | and none of it had to happen. | 这一切本不会发生 |
[29:19] | I spent the last hour convincing the Germans | 我刚才一直在说服那些德国人 |
[29:21] | we weren’t deliberately humiliating them. | 我们并非故意羞辱 |
[29:23] | – There’s still time to fix this. – How? | -我们还有时间来弥补 -怎么弥补 |
[29:25] | The deal with Germany is up in smoke, | 与德国人的协议不复存在 |
[29:27] | we have no grain | 我们依然没有粮食 |
[29:28] | and the prisoners who were under my protection | 而且在我保护下的囚犯 |
[29:30] | have vanished. | 消失得无影无踪 |
[29:30] | Then let’s find them. | 那我们就去找 |
[29:32] | Mary, I thought I was clear. | 玛丽 我以为我说得够清楚了 |
[29:34] | You cannot be a part of this. | 你不能参与此事 |
[29:35] | I won’t talk to a single nobleman or foreign diplomat. | 我不会与任何贵族或是外交官交谈 |
[29:38] | Not Narcisse or the Germans, | 不找纳西斯 也不找德国人 |
[29:40] | no one who knows or cares who I am. | 我会找那些不知道也不在乎我身份的人 |
[29:42] | But-but what will you… | 但你要怎么… |
[29:43] | You have a delicate peace to maintain. | 你要维护微妙的和平 |
[29:46] | That is a King’s work. | 这是国王的职责 |
[29:48] | And I have a mess to clean up. | 而我则要收拾自己的烂摊子 |
[29:49] | And that is, if you ask your nobles, a woman’s work. | 你的贵族们会称之为 女人的职责 |
[29:53] | But this time, since I got you into this, | 但这次 既然祸是我闯的 |
[29:55] | I don’t mind doing it. | 我不介意收拾烂摊子 |
[30:03] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[30:05] | Then it’s true? | 所以说是真的了 |
[30:07] | I dragged Lord Barnard into my offices, | 我把巴纳德伯爵抓到我的议事室 |
[30:11] | presented him with the evidence in this ledger. | 向他展示这本账本里的证据 |
[30:15] | But the proof of Doisneau’s murder, | 但杜瓦诺被谋杀的证据 |
[30:20] | the page was torn out. | 却被撕掉了 |
[30:22] | And it was obvious that Barnard knew about this | 显然巴纳德事先知道这事 |
[30:24] | before he ever entered the room. | 在他进屋前就知道 |
[30:27] | Give it to me. | 把证据给我 |
[30:28] | I can’t. I burned it. | 不行 我烧掉了 |
[30:30] | I didn’t do it for the bribe. | 我这么做不是为了收受贿赂 |
[30:31] | I won’t take anything from them. | 我不会收他们任何好处 |
[30:32] | I did it to save your life. | 我这么做是为了救你的命 |
[30:35] | Barnard’s wife swore | 巴纳德的夫人发誓 |
[30:36] | that you would be killed if her husband were ever prosecuted. | 若是她丈夫被起诉 你肯定会没命 |
[30:39] | Kenna, we are better people than the Barnards. | 肯娜 我们不能像巴纳德那样卑鄙 |
[30:42] | We have to be. | 必须坚持原则 |
[30:43] | We just need the courage to fight. | 我们只是需要反抗的勇气 |
[30:44] | Not if fighting means dying. | 如果反抗意味着死亡 那就不行 |
[30:46] | I won’t risk the loss of you. I can’t. | 我不能冒着失去你的风险 我办不到 |
[30:50] | I can’t blame you for wanting your husband alive. | 我不怪你想要保住自己丈夫的性命 |
[30:53] | I should love you for it. | 我该为此加倍爱你 |
[30:55] | I do. | 我确实爱你 |
[30:56] | But there’s something you need to understand about me. | 但你必须体会我的立场 |
[30:58] | This role that I now have, | 我目前担任的职位 |
[31:01] | it matters to me. | 对我来说很重要 |
[31:02] | I will always fight for what I believe, | 我永远都会为自己的信念而战 |
[31:05] | risk or not. | 不论风险大小 |
[31:14] | You were the guards stationed at the garrison | 你们是驻防地的卫兵 |
[31:16] | where the Protestant prisoners were being held. | 守卫着关押新教囚徒之地 |
[31:18] | And yet you were absent when they were taken. | 但他们被带走时你们却擅离职守 |
[31:21] | We stopped at a tavern before. | 我们在此之前去了趟酒馆 |
[31:24] | Like we always do. | 我们一向如此 |
[31:25] | Them prisoners been there for years | 那些囚犯关了好几年 |
[31:27] | and nothing ever happened when we left before. | 之前我们走开时从未发生过任何事 |
[31:29] | How long were you at this tavern? | 你们在酒馆里待了多久 |
[31:31] | Well, there was a woman. | 那天有个女人 |
[31:33] | A whore. | 一个妓女 |
[31:35] | She offered herself to us. | 她向我们投怀送抱 |
[31:37] | One after the other. | 一次又一次 |
[31:38] | She was so beautiful. | 她十分貌美 |
[31:40] | A face you could never forget. | 一张让人永生难忘的脸庞 |
[31:42] | And why is that? | 何出此言 |
[31:43] | Her left eye was blue. | 她的左眼是蓝色的 |
[31:45] | Her right eye was green. | 右眼是绿色的 |
[31:47] | And she kept ’em open the whole way through. | 而且在床上她一直睁着眼 |
[31:52] | It was you. You took the prisoners from the garrison. | 是你 是你从驻防地劫走了囚犯 |
[31:55] | With the help of a beautiful woman. | 在你那位红颜知己的帮助下 |
[31:57] | One eye green, the other blue. | 一只眼睛是绿色的 另一只是蓝色的 |
[32:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:02] | I put my lover on a ship to Amsterdam. | 我让我情人坐船去阿姆斯特丹 |
[32:05] | But the ship was commandeered in German waters, | 但那艘船经过德国水域时被强占 |
[32:07] | all aboard taken captive. | 船上所有人皆被关押 |
[32:08] | So you took the Protestant prisoners to make a deal | 所以你劫走了新教徒囚犯 以此作为筹码 |
[32:10] | with the German Duke yourself. | 打算自己跟德国公爵谈条件 |
[32:13] | When I learned why the German duke was coming to court, | 当我得知德国公爵来访宫廷的真正目的 |
[32:16] | I knew it was the best and only way to ransom my friends. | 就知道这是解救朋友唯一的好机会 |
[32:18] | I took the prisoners, yes. | 囚犯确是我劫走的 |
[32:21] | But do you know why the ship was taken? | 但你知道为什么那艘船会被强占吗 |
[32:23] | Old hates between Protestant Germany and Catholic France. | 一切皆因德国新教和法国天主教间的新仇旧恨 |
[32:27] | Hates inflamed by Henry’s intolerance | 被亨利党同伐异的做派激发的仇恨 |
[32:29] | and prodded by his bankers in Rome. | 他在罗马的银行家亦参与了此事 |
[32:31] | And your husband, despite all talk of new beginnings, | 而你的丈夫 只会说一些冠冕堂皇的话语 |
[32:33] | has ruled no differently. | 并未改变统治方式 |
[32:34] | – You have it wrong about Francis. – Do I? | -你错怪弗朗西斯了 -是吗 |
[32:37] | On the day Nostradamus was nearly drawn and quartered, | 诺查丹玛斯差点被五马分尸那天 |
[32:39] | Francis sided with Narcisse. | 弗朗西斯选择向纳西斯妥协 |
[32:40] | And at your expense. | 不顾你的千般规劝 |
[32:42] | I am a man of France. | 我是法国人 |
[32:44] | But I’m also a man of my word, | 但同时也是坚守诺言的人 |
[32:45] | and I promised to get Lady Doutzen to safety. | 我承诺过会把杜晨小姐安全送回家 |
[32:47] | Even if doing so condemns innocent men and women, | 即使这样做会让无辜的百姓 |
[32:50] | children to starvation? | 包括小孩因饥饿而死吗 |
[32:52] | And you call Narcisse a killer who hides behind skirts. | 你还说纳西斯是道貌岸然的杀人犯 |
[32:57] | I think that you’re a better man than that. | 我还以为你会是更有道德的人 |
[32:59] | Prove me right. | 证明我是对的 |
[33:00] | Deliver the prisoners back to the castle. | 把囚犯送回城堡来 |
[33:08] | What kind of man wouldn’t do everything in his power | 如果不拼尽全力拯救自己心爱的女人 |
[33:10] | to bring back the woman he loved? | 还算什么男人 |
[33:12] | The kind of man who puts country before love. | 比起儿女情长 更注重国家利益的男人 |
[33:15] | A King. | 也就是国王 |
[33:18] | I’m only a Prince, not a King. | 我只是个王子 不是国王 |
[33:20] | Thank God for it. | 谢天谢地 |
[33:34] | What is it you want me to see? | 你想让我看什么 |
[33:42] | It’s Conde with the prisoners. | 康德把囚犯送回来了 |
[33:50] | We don’t need Narcisse anymore. | 我们已经不需要纳西斯的粮食了 |
[33:52] | He’ll see he needs us. | 现在是他需要我们了 |
[33:59] | Lord Narcisse. | 纳西斯大人 |
[34:01] | Your Majesty. | 参见陛下 |
[34:03] | It’s a great day today. | 今天天气真不错 |
[34:04] | And made even better by good news. | 加上好消息就更为锦上添花了 |
[34:07] | Mary, why don’t you tell him? | 玛丽 由你来说吧 |
[34:09] | The Protestant prisoners have been located. | 我们找到了那些新教徒囚犯 |
[34:12] | We have traded their liberty for some much needed grain, | 我们以释放他们为条件 换取了急需的粮食 |
[34:14] | a boon to a hungry France | 为法国雪中送炭 |
[34:16] | and to the cause of religious tolerance. | 也是对实行宗教宽容的恩赐 |
[34:19] | Is that all? | 说完了吗 |
[34:21] | No. | 没有 |
[34:22] | I understand that you’d like to teach me how to rule. | 我知道你想教我怎么治国 |
[34:25] | Let me tell you what I have learned. | 那我就告诉你我学到了什么 |
[34:28] | A king needs to know who his friends are | 一个国王需要知道自己的朋友是谁 |
[34:30] | and keep making new ones all the time. | 并且需要不断结交新朋友 |
[34:33] | Luckily, there are so many to choose from. | 幸运的是 我有很多朋友可以结交 |
[34:35] | Without betraying his old ones, I trust. | 前提是不背叛老朋友吧 |
[34:38] | I don’t think my husband needs a lecture from you on betrayal. | 我觉得在背叛方面我丈夫不需要听你说教 |
[34:42] | Do you accuse me of something? | 你是在指责我什么吗 |
[34:44] | Oh, many things, I’m sure. | 要指责的事可不少 |
[34:47] | But let’s start | 但我们先说说 |
[34:48] | with the betrayal of promises. | 背弃承诺的事吧 |
[34:50] | Unless somehow your grain has arrived beneath our notice. | 除非你的粮食已经在我们不注意时悄悄运进来了 |
[34:54] | She speaks for you in this? | 这件事轮到她帮你说了吗 |
[34:55] | “She” is my queen. | 她可是我的王后 |
[34:58] | And, yes, she does. | 她确实有权如此 |
[34:59] | In this and most things. You’d do best to remember it. | 不仅仅是这件事 你最好记住这点 |
[35:03] | Unless you want your king to look elsewhere for friends. | 除非你想让自己的国王寻找其他盟友 |
[35:06] | Because the time will come, most unexpectedly, | 因为总有一天 也许你想不到 |
[35:08] | when you will need one, I can assure you. | 但你也会需要盟友 这点我可以保证 |
[35:11] | Yes, Majesty. | 是 陛下 |
[35:16] | Majesties. | 两位陛下 |
[35:18] | Oh, and I’m pleased to inform you that I’ve just learned | 对了 我很高兴告知两位我刚接到消息 |
[35:21] | deliveries of my grain will arrive here. Today. | 我的粮食今天就会送到 |
[35:52] | Thank you for returning those prisoners. | 谢谢你送回那些囚犯 |
[35:54] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么那么做 |
[35:55] | I suppose I wanted to be the man you saw in me. | 应该是因为想成为你眼中的我吧 |
[35:58] | The better man. | 一个更好的人 |
[36:01] | You will have your German alliance? | 跟德国结盟成功了吗 |
[36:03] | Not an alliance just yet but an understanding. | 现在还没有 但是达成了共识 |
[36:07] | And as part of that understanding, | 这个共识里包括 |
[36:09] | Lady Doutzen and her household will be returned home. | 将杜晨夫人和她的家人安全送回家 |
[36:12] | – Herr Schuler was very helpful. – You’re a wonder. | -舒勒先生帮了我们大忙 -你真是太厉害了 |
[36:16] | Queen, diplomat, | 女王 外交家 |
[36:18] | white knight. | 白马骑士 |
[36:20] | Francis dealt with Herr Schuler directly. | 弗朗西斯亲自跟舒勒先生交涉的 |
[36:23] | It was his doing. | 都是他的功劳 |
[36:25] | He’s a good man, you know, and he’ll make a good king. | 他是个好人 他也会成为一位好国王 |
[36:27] | Your opinion is enough for me. | 你的见解我已经很清楚了 |
[36:31] | And your lover, Lady Doutzen, | 还有你的情人 杜晨夫人 |
[36:32] | when will she return to you? | 她何时会回到你身边 |
[36:34] | She won’t. | 不会了 |
[36:36] | – But I thought… – I didn’t trade those prisoners | -我还以为… -我送回那些囚犯 |
[36:38] | to bring her back to me. | 不是为了换回她 |
[36:39] | Lady Doutzen was en route to her husband when my ship was taken, | 我的船被截时杜晨夫人正要去找自己的丈夫 |
[36:42] | a destination she will now reach, thanks to you. | 多亏了你 现在她到达目的地了 |
[36:45] | She has children. | 她有自己的孩子 |
[36:47] | He’s a good and loving father. | 他也是个慈爱的父亲 |
[36:50] | There’s a powerful bond between parents that… | 为人父母的人之间有根强大的纽带… |
[36:55] | A bond you’ll discover when you have children with Francis. | 你跟弗朗西斯有了孩子之后也会发现的 |
[37:00] | Soon. | 就快了 |
[37:04] | Yeah. | 乖 |
[37:08] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[37:09] | – If I’m bothering you… – Bother? | -我打扰到你的话 -打扰 |
[37:10] | Never. He’s your son. | 怎么会 他是你儿子 |
[37:14] | Francis, I-I know you have bigger problems, | 弗朗西斯 我知道你还有更重要的事要忙 |
[37:16] | but I asked the other nannies about Caroline | 但是我问过其他奶妈卡洛琳的事了 |
[37:18] | and none of them saw anything like what you described. | 她们没人看到过你描述的情况 |
[37:21] | Is there something you’re not telling me? Some… | 你是不是有事没跟我说 一些… |
[37:23] | indiscretion of hers? | 她的不当之举 |
[37:26] | Not an indiscretion. | 没有什么不当 |
[37:28] | No. I can’t tell you about Caroline except to say that… | 卡洛琳的事我不能跟你多说什么 除了… |
[37:36] | …she reminds me of someone. | 她让我想起一个人 |
[37:38] | Someone and something I need to forget. | 是我需要忘记的人和事 |
[37:42] | Can we leave it at that? | 就这样好吗 |
[37:48] | I was wrong. | 我之前错了 |
[37:50] | What I asked of you, the backwards step. | 我曾对你提出的 要你低调的说法 |
[37:54] | You must know, | 你必须知道 |
[37:55] | I want the same world as you do, | 我跟你的渴望是一样的 |
[37:58] | the better one. | 一个更美好的世界 |
[38:00] | And the only way to build it is together. | 我们只有携手彼此才能构筑这个世界 |
[38:02] | We do greater things when we act as one, | 我们二人齐心协力 彼此信任时 |
[38:04] | when we trust each other as equals. | 可以做成更伟大的事 |
[38:07] | This is not a coronation for a king. | 今日不仅要给国王加冕 |
[38:11] | It is for a king and queen. | 更是国王和王后二人的加冕礼 |
[39:04] | Long live the king! | 国王万岁 |
[39:27] | Long live the queen! | 王后万岁 |
[39:54] | What are you doing out here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[39:55] | There’s a party inside to celebrate the new king. | 里面在举行宴会 庆祝新王加冕 |
[39:59] | And queen. | 还有王后 |
[40:00] | Her, too. | 是啊 |
[40:06] | And what do you want? | 你有什么事吗 |
[40:07] | You bought grain with your Medici money after all. | 你还是用你们梅第奇家族的钱买到了粮食 |
[40:11] | Just not from me. | 不是从我这里买的罢了 |
[40:13] | True, it was a small amount, | 虽然买的不多 |
[40:15] | hardly enough to solve your son’s problems, but… | 不足以解决你儿子面临的问题 但是… |
[40:19] | you weren’t thinking about your son, were you? | 你考虑的不是你儿子 对吧 |
[40:22] | Now you’re going to tell me what I think. | 我考虑什么都要你来告诉我了吗 |
[40:25] | There’s a village in the north, not far, not near. | 北边有个小村庄 不是很远也不是很近 |
[40:28] | Your grain was delivered there. | 你买的粮食被运往那里了 |
[40:30] | Compliments of Catherine de Medici. | 大家都在赞扬凯瑟琳·梅第奇 |
[40:37] | I hear the townspeople are toasting your name– | 我听说人民在传颂你的名字 |
[40:40] | their savior. | 他们的救世主 |
[40:42] | But they’re not the first to benefit from your generosity. | 但是他们不是第一批受你恩惠的人 |
[40:44] | A church rebuilt, a new well dug. | 翻新教堂 挖掘新井 |
[40:47] | And each town more grateful to you than the last. | 每个城镇都对你感激万分 |
[40:51] | I do what I have to do. | 我尽自己的责任而已 |
[40:53] | For the people. | 为了广大臣民 |
[40:54] | You do it for yourself. | 你明明是为了自己 |
[40:55] | To ensure that you’re loved, protected, | 为了确保自己为人爱戴 受人保护 |
[40:58] | by at least some within the realm. | 在王国内确保自己有人拥护 |
[41:00] | For when Francis and Mary produce an heir, | 为了等弗朗西斯和玛丽诞下后嗣 |
[41:02] | and all your other children move to the back of the line, | 你其他孩子退居公众视线之后时 |
[41:04] | and you with them. | 你能跟他们安稳度日 |
[41:07] | I don’t see that happening any time soon. | 我看短期内这种事是不会发生的 |
[41:09] | Because Mary hasn’t fallen pregnant yet? | 因为玛丽还没有怀孕吗 |
[41:13] | It can happen in the blink of an eye. | 怀孕也就是转瞬之间的事 |
[41:16] | It hasn’t been that long, and they’re both young. | 他们成婚也没多久 而且他们还都年轻 |
[41:18] | Just getting started. | 一切才刚开始呢 |