时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I am with child. Our child, at last. | 我怀孕了 终于怀上了我们的孩子 |
[00:05] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[00:06] | I’m Henry. | 亨利 |
[00:07] | I remember my death. | 我记得我的死亡 |
[00:08] | The joust. The way he held the lance, | 一次骑术格斗 他拿着长矛 |
[00:11] | aimed at my head. | 瞄准了我的头 |
[00:12] | It was not Montgomery. | 那不是蒙戈马利 |
[00:14] | It was some other man. | 是另有其人 |
[00:15] | Would you dare raise a hand against your own… | 怎么敢策反你自己的父… |
[00:18] | Stop! | 住口 |
[00:18] | Opposing Narcisse has become a bad habit, | 反复跟纳西斯对峙没有好处的 |
[00:21] | dangerous even when we’re right. | 即使我们有理 也照样危险 |
[00:22] | Don’t pretend this is about money. | 别装作这是钱的问题 |
[00:24] | You want power. You want revenge. | 你想要的是权力 你想复仇 |
[00:27] | You’re bleeding. | 你流血了 |
[00:28] | I’m losing my child. | 我的孩子要没了 |
[00:30] | We spoke with the shepherd. | 我们和牧羊人谈过了 |
[00:31] | He was set upon by three cloaked riders. | 他被三个披着斗篷的骑手袭击了 |
[00:33] | He says they offered protection in exchange for his soul. | 那些人提出要保护他 以此交换他的灵魂 |
[00:36] | Maybe Catholics | 有可能是天主教徒 |
[00:37] | trying to make Protestants reek of the Devil. | 想让清教徒沾上魔鬼的臭气 |
[00:39] | – Strip him. – No. | -扒了他 -不要 |
[00:42] | The mark of the riders. | 骑手的标志 |
[00:49] | There is too much fear in this land. | 这片土地上有太多恐惧 |
[00:52] | Fear of hunger, fear of disease. | 害怕饥饿 疾病 |
[00:56] | To this we add fear of Catholics, | 而我们又增添了对天主教徒 |
[00:58] | our fellow Christians. | 我们基督教徒同类的恐惧 |
[01:00] | But this is precisely why you are here. | 但这正是你们在这里的原因 |
[01:04] | To commune with your God. | 与你们的上帝联系 |
[01:06] | Not mine. | 不是我的 |
[01:10] | What’s this then? | 这是干什么 |
[01:14] | Looks like… a church service. | 看起来像是 做礼拜啊 |
[01:24] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[01:25] | What’s a highborn squire like you | 你这样出身名门的乡绅 |
[01:28] | doing with this Protestant lot? | 来清教徒的地盘做什么 |
[01:30] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[01:31] | Leave the boy alone! | 别碰那男孩 |
[01:33] | What do you want with him?! | 你想对他做什么 |
[02:24] | I won’t ask you how much money you lost | 我不会问你昨晚跟巴斯 |
[02:26] | dicing with Bash last night, | 掷骰子输了多少钱 |
[02:28] | because then you’d have to lie. | 因为那样你得撒谎 |
[02:30] | I forgot what a terrible liar my brother is. | 我忘了我哥哥有多么不会撒谎 |
[02:33] | So you already know we weren’t playing dice. | 所以你已经知道我们没在掷骰子了 |
[02:35] | What I don’t know is what you were doing. | 我不知道的是你在做什么 |
[02:39] | Well, the truth is I was… | 事实是 我去… |
[02:40] | visiting my son | 看我的儿子了 |
[02:42] | in the nursery. | 在婴儿房 |
[02:43] | See, this is why I didn’t tell you. | 所以我才没告诉你 |
[02:45] | It’s a sensitive subject, only days since… | 这是个敏感话题 才过了几天… |
[02:47] | I’m not a porcelain doll, Francis. | 我不是瓷娃娃 弗朗西斯 |
[02:52] | It’s true I lost our baby. | 我的确失去了我们的孩子 |
[02:54] | And, yes, it hurts. | 是的 这让我很伤心 |
[02:56] | But we got pregnant once. | 但我怀过一次 |
[02:58] | We can do it again. | 我们可以再来 |
[02:59] | I’m glad to hear you say it. | 很高兴听你这样说 |
[03:00] | Perhaps you wouldn’t be so surprised | 如果你不躲开这个话题 |
[03:02] | if you stopped avoiding the subject. | 也许你不会这么惊讶 |
[03:04] | The way you tiptoe around it | 你一直闭口不谈 |
[03:05] | makes me think you’ve given up hope. | 这让我觉得你都放弃了希望 |
[03:07] | I have not given up hope. | 我没有放弃希望 |
[03:11] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:13] | And I believe in you. | 我相信你 |
[03:14] | Believe in us. | 相信我们 |
[03:21] | Enter. | 进来吧 |
[03:24] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[03:24] | Another attack on a Protestant service. | 又一次对清教徒教堂的袭击 |
[03:26] | This time in our own backyard. | 这次是在我们自家后院 |
[03:28] | A village barn used as a makeshift church. | 一个被当做临时教堂的村庄谷仓 |
[03:30] | – Were there any casualties? – That’s still unclear. | -有人伤亡吗 -还不清楚 |
[03:32] | But they did set fire to the barn. | 但他们放火烧了谷仓 |
[03:33] | Go and help whoever you can. | 去帮助他们 |
[03:35] | Find out what happened | 查明发生了什么事 |
[03:36] | and capture whoever led this attack. | 捉拿罪魁祸首 |
[03:38] | I will not tolerate this kind of violence, | 我不会容忍这种暴力行径 |
[03:39] | no matter what prompts it. | 无论导火索是什么 |
[03:44] | When I was a girl, I dreamed of a wedding like this. | 我还是小姑娘时 梦想过这种婚礼 |
[03:47] | It’s spectacular. | 太华丽了 |
[03:48] | Befitting its spectacular bride. | 适合美丽的新娘 |
[03:51] | Truthfully, I would’ve preferred something simpler. | 说真的 我更喜欢简单点的 |
[03:54] | For your sake or for Leith’s? | 是为了你 还是利思 |
[03:56] | Marrying Aloysius is enough, | 嫁给阿洛伊修斯就足够了 |
[03:58] | without flaunting all of this in his face. | 不用在他面前炫耀这一切 |
[04:00] | Is that what Castleroy’s doing? | 卡斯尔雷在这样做吗 |
[04:02] | Goodness, no. It’s my mother. | 天啊 不是 是我母亲 |
[04:05] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[04:06] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[04:07] | This is Gemma, Aloysius’ youngest. | 她是珍玛 阿洛伊修斯最小的孩子 |
[04:10] | His children are here for the wedding. | 他的孩子们来参加婚礼了 |
[04:11] | And now they’re your children. | 现在他们也是你的孩子了 |
[04:13] | Yes. I’ll fix this for you. | 是啊 我来帮你搞定 |
[04:16] | Oh, what pretty locks you have. | 你的头发真美 |
[04:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:21] | Well, they seem to be very taken with you. | 他们好像很喜欢你 |
[04:26] | Enough about me. | 说够我了 |
[04:28] | What about you? How are you feeling? | 你呢 你感觉怎么样 |
[04:30] | Well, let’s just say your wedding | 这样说吧 你的婚礼 |
[04:31] | is a welcome distraction. | 很好地分散了我的注意力 |
[04:45] | What have you found? | 你有什么发现 |
[04:47] | They burned the barn to the ground. | 他们把谷仓烧干净了 |
[04:48] | No one was there. | 没人在 |
[04:49] | But we located riderless horses nearby. | 但我们在附近发现了无主的马 |
[04:52] | The fire must have scared the horses away. | 一定是火焰把马儿吓跑了 |
[04:54] | So there are people on foot. | 所以有人在步行 |
[04:55] | Shall the men go after the ones who burned the barn? | 我们该去追烧毁谷仓的人吗 |
[04:57] | I want them brought back to the castle. | 把他们带回城堡 |
[04:59] | – Gently. – You heard him. | -别太粗鲁了 -照他说的做 |
[05:02] | I want you to take the rest of these men | 你带着剩下的人 |
[05:03] | and find those Protestant victims. | 去找新教徒受害者 |
[05:05] | Assure them they’ll be protected. | 确保他们得到了保护 |
[05:16] | They’re coming from the direction of the barn. | 他们是从谷仓方向来的 |
[05:22] | Let me have a talk with them. | 我去问问看 |
[05:23] | If we want their help, best not to have them | 如果我们想寻求他们的帮助 |
[05:24] | intimidated by a group of king’s guards. | 最好别让他们被御林军兵吓着了 |
[05:29] | Lord Castleroy. | 卡斯尔雷大人 |
[05:30] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[05:31] | Leith, please, I beg you. | 利思 我求你了 |
[05:38] | All right, you cannot be here. | 好吧 但你不能待在这里 |
[05:39] | There’s king’s guards searching the woods everywhere. | 御林军在对这片树林进行全面搜查 |
[05:41] | Just go. | 快走 |
[05:44] | These aren’t the men we’re looking for. | 他们不是我们要找的人 |
[05:45] | I recognize these people. | 我认识他们 |
[05:47] | The gentleman’s a friend of the king. | 那位先生是国王的朋友 |
[05:48] | You’re certain? | 你确定吗 |
[05:49] | Let’s keep looking. | 我们继续找吧 |
[06:12] | Have you lost your minds? | 你们疯了吗 |
[06:13] | Oh. Uh, please, my lady… | 抱歉 小姐 |
[06:14] | Don’t mistake me. | 别误会 |
[06:16] | I do not judge your predilections. | 我不会管你们的个人取向 |
[06:17] | In fact, i’m rather impressed. | 事实上 我觉得很特别 |
[06:19] | But doing it out here in the open? | 但光天化日之下这样 |
[06:20] | What were you thinking? | 你们在想什么 |
[06:22] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[06:23] | Nothing, my lady. | 没什么 小姐 |
[06:24] | Give it. | 给我 |
[06:28] | It’s a journal. | 是本日记 |
[06:29] | A chambermaid found it in the laundry months ago. | 几个月前一个女仆在洗衣房发现了这个 |
[06:31] | We would have returned it, | 我们本想归还的 |
[06:32] | but the owner never wrote her name. | 但主人没有写上名字 |
[06:34] | We’ve been passing it amongst ourselves as a distraction. | 我们把它当做消遣在女仆间传阅了 |
[06:37] | Well, this is smut. | 这简直太淫秽了 |
[06:40] | And reading it clearly led to… | 读了这个 显然会 |
[06:42] | this. So… | 让你们这样 所以… |
[06:44] | as punishment, I’m confiscating it. | 作为惩罚 我把它没收了 |
[07:29] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[07:31] | You’re needed in the throne room. | 你得去正殿了 |
[07:32] | It’s about the attack on the Protestants. | 是关于袭击新教徒的事 |
[07:34] | Is there any news? | 有什么进展吗 |
[07:35] | From what I can tell, yes, | 据我所知 有 |
[07:36] | but I’m not sure what. | 但我不确定是什么 |
[07:39] | Isn’t that the nanny you dismissed weeks ago? | 那不是你几周前解雇的那个保姆吗 |
[07:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:43] | But now my son is unwell, and Lola requested | 但现在我儿子病了 萝拉要求她来 |
[07:45] | her advice on how best to treat him. | 告诉我们该怎么照顾他 |
[07:46] | Mary, will you go to the throne room in my stead? | 玛丽 你能代我去一趟正殿吗 |
[07:48] | Find out what’s happening. I’ll be there soon. | 弄清楚发生了什么 我马上就到 |
[07:58] | Caroline, | 卡洛琳 |
[08:00] | what are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[08:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:10] | Do you know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[08:11] | Your Grace, I’m frightened. | 陛下 我害怕 |
[08:14] | It’s just some relic | 不过是我父亲死后 |
[08:15] | the surgeons kept after my father died. | 医生给我的父亲的遗物 |
[08:17] | A gruesome practice, frankly, | 说实话 这真吓人 |
[08:19] | but I found it in my chambers | 但我在我的卧室看到了这个 |
[08:21] | and then I found you outside my door. | 而你 就站在我门外 |
[08:24] | Did you place this on my bed? | 是不是你把它放在我床上的 |
[08:25] | I keep waking up places I don’t remember going. | 我总是一觉醒来就不知道自己在哪儿了 |
[08:29] | More every day. | 这种情况越来越多 |
[08:38] | Caroline, do you remember where the infirmary is? | 卡洛琳 你记得医务室在哪儿吗 |
[08:41] | Go there and rest. I’ll look in on you later. | 去那里休息一下 我一会儿去找你 |
[08:45] | And for your own sake, | 为了你的小命 |
[08:47] | don’t tell anyone what you’ve told me. | 你跟我说的话不要告诉别人 |
[09:03] | Who is this poor boy and what happened to him? | 这可怜的男孩是谁 他怎么了 |
[09:05] | Begging your mercy, Majesty, | 请您怜悯 陛下 |
[09:06] | but this young man was murdered. | 但这个年轻人是被人害死的 |
[09:09] | Beaten to death by thugs. | 被一群暴徒活活打死 |
[09:10] | What for? | 为什么 |
[09:11] | For holding unpopular beliefs. | 就因为他的信仰不受欢迎 |
[09:14] | Then you are the Protestants who were attacked in the barn? | 你就是在谷仓被袭击的新教徒吗 |
[09:17] | We are, Majesty. | 我们都是 陛下 |
[09:18] | And I am their minister. | 我是他们的教长 |
[09:20] | Protestant heretics. Throw them out! | 他们是异教徒 把他们赶出去 |
[09:22] | These men are guests of the Crown, | 这些人是国王的客人 |
[09:23] | and they will be respected. | 他们理应得到应有的尊重 |
[09:26] | I will have order in this chamber. | 保持正殿的秩序 |
[09:31] | It took much courage to be here. | 你一定是鼓起勇气才敢来到这里 |
[09:32] | And what do you want? | 你有什么要求 |
[09:34] | No great favor, Majesty. | 我的要求不多 陛下 |
[09:35] | Only justice. Catholic thugs | 我只要公正 天主教的暴徒 |
[09:38] | dragged this boy from our service and murdered him. | 在我们仪式期间把这个男孩拖走并打死 |
[09:41] | The law says a man who kills must pay with his life. | 律法有言 杀人偿命 |
[09:44] | Justice for heretics? That’s absurd! | 异教徒还说什么公正 荒谬 |
[09:46] | Silence! I said I would have respect for these men | 安静 我说了我会尊重这些人 |
[09:49] | and I’ll have it. | 我就会给予他们尊重 |
[09:52] | Lord Condé? | 康德伯爵 |
[09:53] | What is it? Do you know this boy? | 怎么了 你认识这个男孩吗 |
[09:54] | This is my sister’s son. | 这是我姐姐的儿子 |
[09:59] | Emile. | 埃米尔 |
[10:00] | Emile. | 埃米尔 |
[10:03] | They murdered my nephew! | 他们谋杀了我的外甥 |
[10:11] | My sister sent Emile to live at my house here | 我姐姐把埃米尔送过来让他和我一起住 |
[10:13] | because this part of France was considered more tolerant | 因为法国这里要比他上学的地方 |
[10:15] | than where he was attending school. | 更具备包容性 |
[10:17] | I will not tolerate that kind of behavior. | 我绝不会容忍这种暴行 |
[10:18] | Not here or in any part of France. | 不管是这里 还是法国的任意一处 |
[10:21] | The flogging and burning? | 那些鞭笞和纵火 |
[10:23] | Or the practice of Protestantism? | 还是说新教 |
[10:25] | Francis, be careful. | 弗朗西斯 慎言 |
[10:26] | The throne doesn’t judge what a man believes in his heart. | 王权并不会因一个人遵从本心就指责他 |
[10:28] | We only judge what he does with his hands. | 我们只会指责他的所作所为 |
[10:30] | I will not tolerate violence for any reason. | 我绝不姑息容忍暴行 |
[10:33] | It’s against the law. | 那是违背法律的 |
[10:34] | It is also against the law not to worship as Rome requires. | 违背罗马教廷的教义也是违法的 |
[10:37] | You’re avoiding the question. | 你在回避问题 |
[10:39] | Will you rule as your father did, | 你会像你父亲一样 |
[10:40] | and condemn the Protestants? | 降罪于新教徒吗 |
[10:42] | Or will you condone their religion? | 还是容忍接受他们的信仰 |
[10:43] | Do not ask me to rule on that today. | 当今情势下别逼我回答 |
[10:45] | Protestant rebellions in England and Scotland, | 英格兰和苏格兰出现新教反叛军 |
[10:48] | Catholic rulers losing their thrones. | 天主教君主们被推翻 |
[10:51] | I am in no rush to import that struggle to France. | 我可不想让法国也步上后尘 |
[10:53] | Your Grace, it is already here. | 陛下 新教已经传进来了 |
[10:55] | Not openly. Not yet. | 至少还没有公开 |
[11:01] | My nephew wasn’t marked for death by accident. | 我外甥的死不是意外 |
[11:04] | These thugs chose their victim to send a message. | 这些暴徒挑选受害人是为了传达信息 |
[11:06] | To you? But you’re a Catholic. | 传达给你吗 可你是天主教徒啊 |
[11:08] | I have a brother, the King of Navarre, | 我的哥哥是纳瓦拉国王 |
[11:10] | who’s converted to Protestantism. | 已经转为信奉新教了 |
[11:11] | My sister is known to be leaning in the same direction. | 据说我姐姐也有这个倾向 |
[11:13] | – Surely you’re aware. – I am. | -您肯定已经意识到了 -对 |
[11:15] | And I have made no secret of my frustrations | 而我又公开表示对罗马教廷的腐败 |
[11:17] | with Rome’s corruption. | 倍感失望 |
[11:18] | If what you say is true, we’ll learn of it, | 如果你所言属实 我们会采纳 |
[11:20] | and the guilty will pay, as the law requires. | 法律定会严惩凶手 |
[11:22] | Even if that means death. | 即使是死刑也绝不姑息 |
[11:30] | There you are. | 你在这里啊 |
[11:31] | We’re supposed to be trying on dresses for Greer’s wedding. | 我们本该去试葛瑞尔婚礼的礼服 |
[11:34] | We’ll find something before tomorrow. | 明天前肯定能找到合适的衣服 |
[11:35] | Kenna, what are you reading? | 肯娜 你在看什么 |
[11:37] | It’s a sex journal written by a lady | 是一位小姐写的性爱日记 |
[11:40] | who’s sampled most of the nobleman to come through court. | 她为了进入宫廷跟许多贵族有一腿 |
[11:42] | And a fair few noblewomen, too. | 甚至还有一些贵妇人 |
[11:43] | She even rated the prowess of her partners. | 她甚至还对他们的技术打分了呢 |
[11:46] | Really? How far does this journal go back? | 真的吗 什么时候开始写的 |
[11:49] | Two years. | 两年前 |
[11:50] | – Is Bash in it? – Not so far. | -里面有巴斯吗 -目前还没有 |
[11:52] | Definitely not since we’ve been married. | 我们结婚后肯定不可能发生这些 |
[11:53] | All the entries are dated. | 页首都写明了日期 |
[11:54] | How do you know it’s real? | 你怎么知道真假 |
[11:55] | She doesn’t even mention names. | 她都没提名字 |
[11:57] | Because I know the partners. | 因为我了解她的床伴们 |
[11:59] | Oh, not because I’ve slept with them. | 不是因为我跟他们睡过 |
[12:01] | Because there are details about their dress, | 因为里面详细描写了他们的穿着 |
[12:03] | their holdings, their habits, that make it clear. | 他们的家产 习惯 这样就很好认了 |
[12:06] | Except for one has me stumped and intrigued. | 只有一个人让我摸不着头脑 |
[12:09] | “A lover who towers above the rest.” | 一个技压群雄的情人 |
[12:11] | She says he’s an avid hunter, | 她说他是个饥渴的狩猎者 |
[12:13] | and has a small butterfly-shaped birthmark on his forearm. | 小臂上有一个蝴蝶形的小胎记 |
[12:16] | That rules out Henry and Bash. | 这就排除了亨利和巴斯 |
[12:18] | It’s not Julien, either. | 也不是朱利安 |
[12:20] | What about Francis? | 那弗朗西斯呢 |
[12:23] | We have to find who the mystery lover is. | 我们得查出这个神秘情人是谁 |
[12:25] | – Why? – For you. | -为什么 -为了你 |
[12:28] | Well, ever since Francis publicly claimed your baby, | 自从弗朗西斯公开承认了你的孩子 |
[12:30] | you’ve been mooning about, | 你就一直自怨自艾 |
[12:31] | saying how no man will come near you | 说什么没有男人会想接近你 |
[12:33] | because they think you’re the king’s mistress. | 因为他们认为你是国王的情妇 |
[12:34] | This mysterious and exalted bachelor | 这个神秘 显赫的单身汉 |
[12:37] | could be just the fun romance that you need. | 可能正是你需要的那种爱人 |
[12:39] | From what I’ve read, he cares very little | 从我读到的来看 他几乎完全不在意 |
[12:40] | for a woman’s station or reputation. | 一个女人的地位和名声 |
[12:42] | Only that she’s agile. | 只要女方技术好就行 |
[12:44] | You’re mad. | 你疯了 |
[12:45] | I can’t go chasing after some strange man. | 我不可能去追某个陌生男人 |
[12:47] | I’m already the subject of relentless gossip. | 我已经是各方流言的主角了 |
[12:49] | What do you have to lose? | 你能有什么损失 |
[12:51] | And besides which, has anyone said anything to your face? | 而且 有人当着你的面说过什么吗 |
[12:53] | – No. – And they never will. | -没有 -他们永远不敢 |
[12:55] | For fear of offending the king. | 因为他们害怕触怒国王 |
[12:58] | So why not take a lover? | 所以为什么不找个情人呢 |
[12:59] | Be with him a week, or a year. | 在他身边待一周 或一年 |
[13:01] | It might not lead to marriage, but it could lead to love. | 可能无法走进婚姻 但也能找到爱情啊 |
[13:04] | Or at least some fun. | 至少也是个乐子 |
[13:05] | You could use some fun, Lola. Admit it. | 你也想找乐子 萝拉 承认吧 |
[13:07] | I will only admit that I’m curious who this man is. | 我只会承认我很好奇这个男人是谁 |
[13:10] | Well, then let’s find him, | 那我们就去找他吧 |
[13:11] | and see if he can spark your curiosity for more. | 看他能不能激起你更多的好奇心 |
[13:17] | These are the men who attacked the Protestants? | 就是他们袭击了新教徒吗 |
[13:19] | You should know they think their crimes are justified. | 他们认为自己的罪行是合理的 |
[13:21] | What justifies murder? | 什么会让谋杀罪合理 |
[13:23] | I’ll let their eminent advocates fill you in. | 让他们优秀的辩护人讲给你们听吧 |
[13:28] | Narcisse. | 纳西斯 |
[13:35] | Who is this? | 他是谁 |
[13:36] | This stable boy’s name is Marc D’Linde. | 这马童名叫马克·林德 |
[13:38] | As he would tell you himself, if he could still speak. | 如果他能讲话 他一定会说给你们听 |
[13:41] | Or walk. Or move. | 但他不能走也不能动 |
[13:42] | And you think Condé’s nephew Emile did this? | 你认为是康德的外甥埃米尔下的手吗 |
[13:45] | Witnesses say Marc was leaving a Catholic mass | 有人看见马克离开天主教集会时 |
[13:47] | when Emile took a rock and threw it with all his strength. | 埃米尔捡起一块石头全力扔了出去 |
[13:50] | – You see the results. – That’s absurd. | -造成了这个结果 -太荒唐了 |
[13:51] | – Why would my nephew do such a thing? – I have no idea. | -我的外甥为什么要做这种事 -我不知道 |
[13:54] | Perhaps Marc insulted Emile in some way. | 可能马克侮辱了埃米尔什么的吧 |
[13:56] | Does it really matter? | 原因很重要吗 |
[13:58] | I implore you, Majesty, | 我恳求您 陛下 |
[13:59] | release these men. | 放了这些人吧 |
[14:01] | If you release them, you will be smiling on murder. | 如果你放了他们 就是姑息谋杀 |
[14:03] | Your Catholic subjects implore you, | 您的天主教徒们 |
[14:05] | including your Catholic lords. | 和您的天主教领主们请求您 |
[14:08] | Who bow before you now. | 向您俯首 |
[14:11] | Begging you. | 向您祈求 |
[14:27] | Do you recognize this man? | 你认出这个人了吗 |
[14:29] | What’s this about? | 这是在干什么 |
[14:33] | That. | 原来是这个啊 |
[14:36] | You may go, Marie. | 你可以走了 玛莉 |
[14:38] | And please, your hair. | 把头发弄弄 |
[14:44] | My ladies brought this to me months ago. | 几个月前我的侍女把它拿给我看过 |
[14:46] | I read it in an hour. | 我花了一小时就读完了 |
[14:48] | We thought one of your flying squad | 我们觉得你”机动队”里的人 |
[14:49] | might know something about the men in there. | 可能会认识里边的男人们 |
[14:52] | The hunter with a butterfly-shaped birthmark? | 有蝴蝶形胎记的狩猎者吗 |
[14:55] | My money’s on Lord Aris. | 我认为是阿里斯伯爵 |
[14:57] | Why him? How do you know? | 为什么是他 你怎么知道的 |
[14:59] | You’ve been sampling the court dishes yourself? | 你亲自尝过他们的滋味吗 |
[15:02] | Henry died. I live. | 亨利死了 我还得活啊 |
[15:04] | Are you moving on from that poor bastard | 你这么快就厌倦了可怜的私生子 |
[15:06] | of a husband of yours so quickly? | 准备移情别恋了吗 |
[15:08] | No. | 没有 |
[15:09] | Oh, then it’s you who seeks a lover. | 那就是你了 你在找伴儿 |
[15:11] | We are merely curious. | 我们只是好奇而已 |
[15:14] | I read the book after I made… | 我读到这本书的时候是在和阿里斯伯爵做… |
[15:16] | the acquaintance of Lord Aris, | 认识之后 |
[15:18] | and I’d offer to revisit and investigate, | 我本可以帮你们去打听打听 |
[15:22] | but a few certain someones might get jealous. | 但这样可能会招别人妒忌 |
[15:25] | Good luck with your search. | 祝你好运 |
[15:26] | You’ll need it. | 你会需要这本书的 |
[15:29] | Aris likes his women with a bit more spark. | 阿里斯喜欢女人主动热情一点儿 |
[15:35] | I’ve been looking for you. | 我一直在找你 |
[15:36] | I have good news. | 有好消息 |
[15:37] | Francis refused to bow to Narcisse | 弗朗西斯拒绝了纳西斯 |
[15:39] | and release the murderers of your nephew. | 不会放了那些杀了你外甥的人 |
[15:41] | He’s also sent Bash to find out what really happened | 他还派了巴斯去调查 |
[15:43] | to that injured stable boy. | 看看那马童是怎么受伤的 |
[15:44] | I already know more than enough. | 我已经都知道了 |
[15:46] | I went into the village and asked about this boy, | 我去村子里问了那个孩子的情况 |
[15:48] | and no one had heard of him. | 但没人认识他 |
[15:49] | Narcisse said this boy was injured outside of a village church, | 纳西斯说这孩子是在村里教堂外面受伤的 |
[15:52] | but he’s not from the village or anywhere near here. | 但他并不是附近村里的人 |
[15:54] | I think they combed the countryside, and searched | 我认为它们找遍了整个乡下 |
[15:56] | for someone with injuries they could blame on my nephew. | 就为了找出一个受伤的人来嫁祸我的外甥 |
[15:58] | Either that, or they had this in mind all along. | 要不然就是他们一直都在找机会针对我 |
[16:00] | You sincerely believe this was a planned attack | 你真的认为这是为了针对你们家族 |
[16:02] | against your family? | 而早有预谋的吗 |
[16:06] | Dear God. That’s… | 天啊 那是… |
[16:08] | The brand of the Three Dark Riders. | 黑暗三骑手的标记 |
[16:11] | I assume Francis told you about them? | 弗朗西斯应该告诉过你有关他们的事 |
[16:14] | – He did. – I met them the other night. | -我知道 -我不久前的晚上遇到他们 |
[16:16] | Very unpleasant. | 很糟糕的经历 |
[16:18] | I assume you think I’m soulless now, possessed by the Devil? | 你现在肯定觉得我没有灵魂了 被恶魔缠身 |
[16:21] | That’s what this mark is supposed to mean. | 这个标记就是这个意思 |
[16:23] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[16:24] | You and I know that these riders are nothing but paid brutes, | 我们都知道这些骑手不过是拿钱干事的亡命徒 |
[16:28] | the same kind who have killed Emile. | 和杀了埃米尔的人一样 |
[16:31] | Thugs that catch a man strolling at night, | 都是晚上随便抓了散步的人 |
[16:33] | hold him down, then press a burning acid brand into his skin. | 按死了把标记烙进他的皮肤 |
[16:37] | You really believe that | 你真的相信 |
[16:38] | Catholic extremists are responsible for all of this? | 是天主教极端分子做了这一切吗 |
[16:42] | Your branding, the murder of your nephew? | 标记你 谋杀你的外甥 |
[16:45] | Do you have any proof? | 你有证据吗 |
[16:48] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[16:49] | But I think this brand is a sign. | 但我认为这个标记是一个信号 |
[16:51] | They wanted me to know that whenever they choose, | 他们想让我知道无论何时 |
[16:52] | they can lift up my shirt and demonize me. | 他们都能掀开我的衣服将我判成恶魔 |
[16:55] | So that no matter what they accuse me of, | 这样无论他们以什么理由指控我 |
[16:57] | – no one will dare defend me. – But why? | -都没有人敢维护我 -但这是为什么 |
[16:59] | I don’t know what their plan is, | 我不知道他们的计谋 |
[17:01] | but rage and mistrust is building across France, | 但法国国内现在已经遍布愤怒和猜忌 |
[17:03] | and maybe that’s their intention. | 也许这就是他们的目的 |
[17:05] | To see France explode. | 想看着法国分崩离析 |
[17:11] | Catholic scum! You think you can kill us?! | 天主教渣滓们 你们以为能杀得了我们吗 |
[17:27] | The newest attacks were by Protestants? | 这起袭击是新教徒干的吗 |
[17:29] | What provoked them? | 什么原因挑起的 |
[17:30] | – We did. – How? | -是我们挑起的 -怎么 |
[17:32] | When we tried to find out if Condé’s nephew | 我们想查查康德的外甥 |
[17:34] | threw the rock at that stable boy, | 到底有没有朝马童扔石头 |
[17:35] | Protestants thought you were investigating the victim | 结果新教徒以为你不调查谋杀者 |
[17:37] | instead of the men who killed him. | 反而怀疑受害者 |
[17:38] | Believing their king had no interest in justice, | 所以他们认为国王毫无公正可言 |
[17:40] | they took justice into their own hands. | 决定自己捍卫公正 |
[17:42] | And the Catholic reprisals? | 天主教徒报复了吗 |
[17:43] | Being planned as we speak. Revenge on revenge. | 这会儿肯定在计划中吧 冤冤相报 |
[17:46] | Enough. I want those Protestant rioters arrested. | 行了 我要逮捕那些新教暴徒 |
[17:48] | Anyone guilty of violence will be punished, | 任何身犯暴力罪的人都要遭到惩罚 |
[17:50] | no matter what their faith. | 无论他们信仰什么 |
[17:51] | Be careful, Francis. | 当心 弗朗西斯 |
[17:52] | Punishing equal crimes equally– it’s a lovely idea, | 对犯罪一视同仁这想法本身是好的 |
[17:55] | but no one will thank you for it. | 但没人会因此感谢你 |
[17:56] | Not the Catholics | 天主教徒不会 |
[17:58] | who’ll wonder why are you hanging men of your own faith, | 他们会质疑你竟然吊死与你信仰相同的同胞 |
[18:00] | and not the Protestants | 新教徒也不会 |
[18:01] | who will forget all about your just rule | 他们获得更多权力之后只会忘记你的公正 |
[18:04] | when they gain power and decide they want yours. | 转而觊觎你的权力 |
[18:07] | Arrest them all. All the rioters. | 把那些暴徒全抓起来 |
[18:13] | If you’re such good Catholics, tell the truth. | 如果你们是虔诚的天主教徒就说出真相吧 |
[18:16] | You claim witnesses told you | 你们声称有目击者告诉你们 |
[18:18] | my nephew threw a rock at a village parish. | 我的外甥在一个乡村教区扔石头 |
[18:20] | That this was the cause of the injured boy’s wounds. | 并且导致了一个男孩受伤 |
[18:23] | Do you know what’ll happen when we prove | 若我们证实你们向陛下撒谎的话 |
[18:25] | you lied to the Crown? | 知道会有什么下场吗 |
[18:27] | You’re going to hang. | 你们会被处以绞刑 |
[18:29] | It’s what happened. The story’s true. | 事实如此 那事件是真的 |
[18:32] | Louis, that’s enough. | 路易斯 够了 |
[18:35] | Lord Condé tells me the injured boy isn’t even from the village. | 康德伯爵说受伤的男孩根本不是村里人 |
[18:39] | If that’s true, then you found the boy hurt already | 如果这是真的 如果你们找到一个受伤的男孩 |
[18:41] | and made up some story about how he was wounded, or… | 编造了受伤过程 或者… |
[18:44] | Or they crushed the poor stable boy’s skull themselves. | 或者那可怜的马童头上的伤就是他们弄出来的 |
[18:48] | – To save their own. – That ain’t true. | -所以说谎自保 -那不是真的 |
[18:50] | Shut up, Jerome. | 闭嘴 杰罗姆 |
[18:52] | They can’t prove anything. | 他们什么证据都没有 |
[18:55] | Yes we can. | 不 我们有 |
[18:56] | I’ve sent for a man from the village Marc actually came from. | 我已经派人去马克的村里找认识他的人了 |
[18:59] | When he gets here, we’ll know if my nephew threw that rock. | 那人一到 我们就知道我外甥扔没扔石头 |
[19:01] | If he didn’t… | 如果他没扔… |
[19:02] | Confess, and you may yet have mercy, Jerome. | 杰罗姆 你现在认罪还可以被宽恕 |
[19:05] | Don’t lose your head. | 清醒一点 |
[19:06] | Why show them mercy? Let them hang! | 为什么要宽恕他们 必须绞死 |
[19:07] | If you’ve not only murdered | 如果你不仅犯了谋杀罪 |
[19:08] | but lied to your king to conceal your crimes, | 还对国王撒谎以掩盖自己的罪行 |
[19:11] | your punishment won’t be hanging. | 就不仅是绞刑这么简单了 |
[19:13] | You’ll be drawn and quartered, alive. | 你会活活被五马分尸 |
[19:17] | It was Luc’s idea. | 这都是卢克的主意 |
[19:19] | We found that simpleton over in Val d’Sud. | 我们在瓦尔南部发现了那个傻子 |
[19:22] | He got kicked by a horse there last week. | 他上周被一匹马踢伤了 |
[19:25] | Luc– he said it was righteous for us | 卢克 他说就算我们利用了他的不幸 |
[19:28] | to use his misfortune. | 也无可厚非 |
[19:29] | He said it was God’s gift to us, | 他说这是上帝对我们的馈赠 |
[19:31] | to help us do his holy work. | 让我们能执行他神圣的使命 |
[19:33] | So you beat my nephew to death for no reason. | 所以你无缘无故就打死了我外甥 |
[19:35] | We had plenty of reason. | 我们理由多了去了 |
[19:38] | He was the devil’s own servant, | 他是魔鬼的仆从 |
[19:39] | a godless Protestant. | 一个对神灵不敬的新教徒 |
[19:55] | It’s baking. When will it cool down? | 热死了 什么时候才会凉快下来 |
[19:57] | Where’s Mary? I haven’t seen her all day. | 玛丽呢 我一整天没见到她人了 |
[20:00] | That’s because your eyes have been glued to that book. | 那是因为你的目光都集中在那本书上了 |
[20:02] | Mary will find us. | 玛丽会来找我们的 |
[20:03] | She wouldn’t miss your last day as an unmarried woman. | 她不会错过你单身的最后一天的 |
[20:06] | Yes, your last hours of freedom | 没错 你最后的自由时光 |
[20:08] | before you become an utterly respectable | 你很快就会备受尊重 |
[20:11] | and disgustingly wealthy | 家缠万贯 |
[20:12] | mother of four. | 生四个孩子 |
[20:14] | Kenna, what are you doing? | 肯娜 你要做什么 |
[20:15] | It’s too hit, I’m cooling off. | 太热了 我要降降温 |
[20:17] | Is it cold? | 会冷吗 |
[20:18] | It’s heaven. | 简直就是天堂 |
[20:30] | Greer. | 葛瑞尔 |
[20:32] | Greer, your dress. | 葛瑞尔 当心你的裙子 |
[20:33] | Oh, no. Your dress. | 不 要当心你的裙子 |
[20:45] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[20:47] | I’m just drenched. | 我浑身湿透了 |
[20:50] | I should change before my mother finds me. | 我得在我妈妈看到之前换身衣服 |
[20:53] | You should hurry | 你得快一点 |
[20:53] | because I think I see her coming. | 因为我好像看到她过来了 |
[21:00] | Greer. | 葛瑞尔 |
[21:02] | You look, uh… | 你看起来 |
[21:04] | Like a drowned rat. I know. | 像只落汤鸡吧 我知道 |
[21:10] | Actually, you look quite trouble-free. | 我是想说 你看起来特别无忧无虑 |
[21:12] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[21:14] | Castleroy hasn’t spoken to you, I take it? | 我想卡斯尔雷大人还没跟你说吧 |
[21:17] | I-I should go. | 我该走了 |
[21:18] | Wait. | 等等 |
[21:21] | Greer, there are things you need to know about Castleroy. | 葛瑞尔 我得告诉你一些关于卡斯尔雷的事 |
[21:23] | Secrets that he should tell you. | 他本该告诉你这些秘密的 |
[21:25] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要跟我说这些 |
[21:27] | For more than one reason, if I’m honest. | 坦白说 原因很复杂 |
[21:29] | Ask Castleroy about this morning. | 好好问问他今早的事 |
[21:31] | Before you marry him. | 趁你还没嫁给他 |
[21:33] | For yourself, | 是为了你好 |
[21:35] | not for me. | 与我无关 |
[21:55] | Dear Lord. | 老天 |
[21:59] | It still fits me. | 还是很适合我坐 |
[22:01] | I’m not sure if it fits you. | 不知你能否配得上 |
[22:03] | Take her to the infirmary. Quickly and quietly. | 赶快带她去医务室 不要声张 |
[22:05] | I’ll be there soon. | 我马上就过去 |
[22:16] | That was the Duke of Orleans. | 刚刚那是奥尔良公爵 |
[22:18] | Who languishes at the bottom of the ratings. | 所有人里就他最老了 |
[22:20] | I’ve found the man that Catherine said is the one. | 我找到凯瑟琳说的那个人了 |
[22:22] | – Lord Aris? – Yes, he’s over there | -阿里斯大人 -是的 他就在那里 |
[22:24] | talking to that lustful little countess. | 跟那个欲求不满的女伯爵说话 |
[22:25] | So go. Talk to him | 去吧 和他聊聊 |
[22:27] | before she drags him off to her chambers. | 趁她还没把他骗上床 |
[22:28] | And do what? See if he has the mark? | 然后呢 看他有没有那个标记吗 |
[22:30] | And then what? | 之后要怎样 |
[22:31] | I was just curious to know who the mystery man was. | 我就是很好奇那个神秘男子是谁 |
[22:33] | You wanted to see that if you were to have a fling, | 如果想试一次的话 还是得确认一下 |
[22:35] | that it would be worth it. Just talk to him. | 也许很值得呢 去和他聊聊 |
[22:37] | See if there’s more to him than… | 看能不能发现一些… |
[22:38] | – Everything we know. – Exactly. So go. | -我们没发现的 -就是这样 快去吧 |
[22:46] | Why am I here? | 我为何会来这里 |
[22:48] | What am I doing here? | 叫我来这里做什么 |
[22:51] | Who am I speaking to? | 和我说话的是谁 |
[22:54] | Caroline? | 是卡洛琳 |
[22:55] | Or is this my father? | 还是我父亲 |
[22:57] | I’ve been trapped in this half-mad diaper maid, | 我被困在这个快疯掉的奶妈身体里了 |
[23:00] | and do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[23:04] | I’ve been trying to figure out how I died. | 我一直想弄清楚我是怎么死的 |
[23:07] | Who killed me. | 是谁杀了我 |
[23:09] | – Father? – I pieced it together, Francis, | -父亲 -我终于弄清楚了 弗朗西斯 |
[23:11] | and now I know. | 现在我知道了 |
[23:12] | That’s why I left you that gift. | 所以我才给你留了那份礼物 |
[23:14] | The bit of the lance that was left in my eye. | 插在我眼中的那一截长矛 |
[23:16] | If it’s really you in there, | 如果真的是你 |
[23:19] | I want you to leave this poor woman alone. | 请不要再折磨这个可怜的女人了 |
[23:21] | Find peace, Father. | 安息吧 父亲 |
[23:23] | There’s no peace for me. | 我无法安息 |
[23:24] | Not while my killer walks free. | 杀我的人还逍遥法外 |
[23:26] | If you’re here to lay blame, | 如果你是来怪罪别人的话 |
[23:28] | then at least be honest and shoulder your own. | 你至少要诚实点 负起自己该负的责任 |
[23:31] | You murdered girls who had the misfortune of sleeping with you. | 你杀死了那些不幸和你上床的女孩 |
[23:34] | You slaughtered hundreds, heroes of Calais, | 你屠杀了无数从加来回来的英雄 |
[23:36] | for your own amusement. You were mad. | 就为了自己开心 你已经疯了 |
[23:38] | You lusted for power, | 你贪图权力 |
[23:40] | for England, for Scotland, for my wife! | 不管是英格兰 苏格兰的还是我妻子的 |
[23:42] | You justify your sin but you don’t admit it. | 你只知为自己脱罪 却不肯承认 |
[23:45] | You couldn’t have England and Scotland without her. | 没有她 你不可能得到英格兰和苏格兰 |
[23:47] | You couldn’t have her unless I was gone. | 我不死的话 你就不可能得到她 |
[23:49] | Admit it. Admit you wanted me dead. | 承认吧 承认你想让我死 |
[23:52] | Is that why you did it? | 这就是原因吗 |
[23:53] | Is that why you killed me? | 这就是你杀死我的原因吗 |
[23:55] | Yes! | 没错 |
[23:57] | Yes. | 没错 |
[24:00] | It nearly destroyed me to kill my own father, | 杀掉自己的父亲几乎毁了我 |
[24:02] | but you left me no choice. | 但你让我别无选择 |
[24:08] | Narcisse. | 纳西斯 |
[24:09] | You were behaving so strangely outside. You seemed so upset. | 你刚刚在外面举止很不自然 似乎很生气 |
[24:13] | I wish that I had not followed you here. | 真希望自己没有跟着你来这里 |
[24:14] | I wish that I hadn’t seen | 真希望自己没有目睹 |
[24:16] | or heard this moment. | 或耳闻这一刻 |
[24:20] | But I did. | 但我确实听到了 |
[24:27] | Keep her under lock and key. No one is to speak to her. | 把她监禁起来 不许任何人跟她说话 |
[24:30] | Understood? | 明白了吗 |
[24:39] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪里也不能去 |
[24:45] | You’re thinking that if I were my father you’d be dead by now. | 你在想 如果我是我父亲的话会杀你灭口 |
[24:47] | But apparently you’re not your father. | 但你显然并不是你父亲 |
[24:49] | You went one better than Henry by killing him. | 你杀掉他就证明你比他好一点 |
[24:52] | Against my word, all you have are the rantings | 你能用来弹劾我的证据 只是一个疯女人的 |
[24:54] | – of a deranged woman. – Whom you are locking up, | -疯言疯语 -你把她关了起来 |
[24:56] | so no one may hear what she has to say. | 谁都听不到她所说的话 |
[24:58] | As well you should. | 这是正确的选择 |
[24:59] | Because in truth, | 因为 |
[25:01] | no rumor could be as dangerous. | 这是最危险的谣言 |
[25:03] | Regicide– it’s-it’s a crime against France, against God. | 弑君篡位 这有违法国的法律和上帝的教律 |
[25:06] | Anyone who commits it– | 不论谁犯下这样的罪行 |
[25:08] | or even knows of it– could be summarily put to death. | 甚至只要知情 就会被处以死刑 |
[25:11] | Man or woman, King… | 不论男女 不论是国王 |
[25:14] | …or Queen. | 还是王后 |
[25:16] | Which I imagine is why your Queen knows nothing of this. | 怪不得王后对此事毫不知情 |
[25:19] | There is nothing for her to know. | 没什么要让她知道的 |
[25:20] | And there never will be. | 永远都不会有 |
[25:22] | I understand perfectly. | 我完全明白 |
[25:23] | – Do you? – I am a Catholic lord, | -真的吗 -我是天主教伯爵 |
[25:25] | dependent on the strength of my Catholic king. | 依靠的是天主教国王的力量 |
[25:28] | At a time when Protestants fight | 现在新教徒十分猖獗 |
[25:29] | to take land and power from people like me. | 想要从我手中抢走土地和权力 |
[25:32] | Like us. | 我们都一样 |
[25:34] | Why would I want to help my enemies? | 我为什么要去帮助自己的敌人 |
[25:37] | Will you trust me, my king? | 你愿意信任我吗 国王陛下 |
[25:41] | Or will you kill me? | 还是你要杀了我 |
[25:44] | It seems those are your only options. | 似乎您也只有这两个选择了 |
[25:56] | Then perhaps… | 也许 |
[25:58] | you are not your father after all. | 您真的完全不像您的父亲 |
[26:01] | As long as I’m never given a reason to be. | 只要没人逼我用他的方式做事 |
[26:14] | I was at the Protestant service this morning, | 今早我参加了新教徒的集会 |
[26:15] | – where we were attacked. – That’s where you were hurt. | -遭到了袭击 -你就是在那里受伤的 |
[26:18] | Are you secretly Protestant? | 你是不是新教徒 |
[26:20] | Ever since Yvette died, I’ve been trying to find something | 伊薇特死后 我一直在想办法 |
[26:22] | to help me through it, | 帮我走出忧伤 |
[26:23] | to make sense of why she was taken from us. | 帮我想通 为何会失去她 |
[26:25] | So I started going to services. | 所以我就开始参加礼拜 |
[26:28] | When were you going to tell me? | 你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[26:30] | I was looking for the right moment, but you were so happy. | 我一直在等合适的时机 你太开心了我不忍心 |
[26:33] | What if I asked you not to do this? | 如果我让你放弃这一切呢 |
[26:35] | Don’t convert. For your safety | 不要换信仰 为了你的安全 |
[26:37] | and mine and the children. | 还有我和孩子们的安全 |
[26:39] | For what it could do to our lives if people knew. | 如果人们知道了 会影响我们的生活 |
[26:45] | Greer, I love you. | 葛瑞尔 我爱你 |
[26:47] | But if you asked me to give up what I believe, | 但是如果你要求我放弃信仰 |
[26:49] | I don’t think I could marry you. | 我也许不应该娶你 |
[26:53] | And to be fair to you, if you… | 为了公平 如果你… |
[26:55] | if you choose to end this now, know that I will still take care | 如果你选择结束这段感情 我保证 |
[26:57] | of your sisters and fund their dowries. | 会照顾好你的姐妹们 给她们送嫁妆 |
[26:59] | – Aloysius, that’s too much. – I want to. | -阿洛伊修斯 我受不起 -这是我自愿的 |
[27:04] | But if you do choose to be my wife, | 不过如果你选择成为我的妻子 |
[27:05] | I promise you you will be my full partner | 我保证 你会是我唯一的伴侣 |
[27:08] | in raising our family and managing my holdings, | 会养大我的孩子 管理我的财产 |
[27:11] | in making all the decisions that touch us. | 与我们有关的一切决定都由你来做 |
[27:13] | Not all. | 那可不一定 |
[27:13] | We won’t always agree, | 我们肯定会有分歧 |
[27:15] | but I will always listen to you, | 但是我永远会倾听你的想法 |
[27:18] | as you’ve listened to me. | 因为你已经倾听了我的 |
[27:22] | I hope I will see you at the altar tomorrow. | 希望明天在祭坛能看到你 |
[27:32] | I keep losing you in the castle. | 我在城堡里总是找不到你 |
[27:34] | Have you been hiding from me? | 你是在躲着我吗 |
[27:36] | Of course not. What is it? | 当然没有 怎么了 |
[27:38] | Have you considered what I told you about Conde’s nephew? | 你考虑过关于康德外甥的事了吗 |
[27:41] | He didn’t throw the stone like Narcisse claimed. | 他并没有像纳西斯说的那样扔石头 |
[27:43] | Those men murdered him to prove that no Protestant, | 那些人杀了他是为了证明 所有新教徒 |
[27:46] | even a highborn, is safe. | 哪怕是贵族 都不安全 |
[27:48] | I’ve thought of little else. | 我一直在想这件事 |
[27:49] | I know you’re concerned for the mood of your Catholic majority, | 我知道你很在意大多数天主教徒的想法 |
[27:51] | but I still think the simplest solution is the best one: | 但我还是觉得最简单的做法就是最好的 |
[27:55] | equal justice for all. | 一视同仁 |
[27:57] | The Protestant rioters must be punished. | 新教暴徒必须被惩罚 |
[27:59] | And the Catholic murderers must be hanged. And quickly. | 天主教凶手必须被绞死 迅速执行 |
[28:03] | Before angry men take justice into their own hands again. | 免得再有人被愤怒冲昏头脑 以暴制暴 |
[28:05] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[28:07] | I will rule in the morning. | 我明早就作出判决 |
[28:13] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[28:14] | It’s the nanny, Your Majesty. | 那位保姆 国王殿下 |
[28:16] | – She’s gone from her cell. – But how? | -她从牢房逃走了 -怎么可能 |
[28:18] | Apparently Lord Narcisse released her. | 显然是纳西斯大人放了她 |
[28:20] | He told the guards it was on your orders. | 他跟守卫说是你的命令 |
[28:26] | Francis, is something wrong? | 弗朗西斯 出什么事了吗 |
[28:33] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[28:40] | I was expecting you. | 我一直在等你 |
[28:42] | But I wasn’t entirely sure you’d come alone. | 但是我并不确定你会独自前来 |
[28:44] | I should have killed you, it’s true. | 我本应该杀掉你 |
[28:47] | But why would I now when I know that you have Caroline? | 但现在不同了 卡洛琳在你手里 |
[28:52] | That’s why you released her. | 所以你才放了她 |
[28:53] | To protect her from me. | 防止我杀她灭口 |
[28:55] | Because now I know | 因为我现在知道了 |
[28:56] | this was all your doing, wasn’t it? | 这些都是你设计的 对吧 |
[28:59] | From beginning to end. She was always in your service, | 整件事都是你的阴谋 她一直在为你做事 |
[29:01] | playacting, coaxing some kind of admission from me. | 她在演戏 好从我嘴里套话出来 |
[29:05] | Yes. | 没错 |
[29:07] | I also have Montgomery. | 蒙戈马利也在我手里 |
[29:09] | He’s in a safe place, far from any man’s reach, | 他很安全 没人能伤到他 |
[29:11] | ready to tell the world that he didn’t kill your father | 只要我一声令下 或有人对我动手 |
[29:13] | if I give the word or if anything happens to me. | 他就会告诉大家 他没有杀你父亲 |
[29:20] | What made you even suspicious of him in the first place? | 一开始你为什么怀疑他 |
[29:23] | Certain generals remembered you plotting a failed coup | 有些将军记得在你父亲死前 |
[29:26] | against your father just hours before he died. | 你曾策划谋反却未能成功 |
[29:28] | I began to investigate. | 我就开始调查了 |
[29:30] | The pieces fell into place. | 逐渐分析出了真相 |
[29:32] | Does it not concern you that this plot of yours | 你的谋论只是基于传闻和假设 |
[29:34] | hangs on nothing but hearsay and supposition? | 这样也没有关系吗 |
[29:36] | There is no physical proof of anything. | 你没有任何实际的证据 |
[29:39] | Perhaps I need more to convict you, it’s true. | 也许我的确需要更多证据来证明你有罪 |
[29:43] | But I only need to weaken you. | 但我只需要削弱你 |
[29:45] | I only need to stop your allies rallying to you. | 我只需阻止任何联盟归附于你 |
[29:48] | And I have plenty for that. | 要做这一点已经足够 |
[29:51] | Especially after you mismanaged your early rule, | 特别是你早期统治不当 |
[29:53] | pushing your nobles away. | 疏远手下的贵族们 |
[29:56] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[29:58] | My crown? | 我的王位吗 |
[29:59] | Is this all for power? | 你是为了权力吗 |
[30:00] | I don’t want your crown. | 我不想要你的王位 |
[30:03] | I want what I had when your father still lived: | 我只想要你父亲在位时我所拥有的一切 |
[30:05] | I want a ruler who listened to reason. | 我想要一个善听谏言的统治者 |
[30:07] | You mean a ruler who listened to you?! | 是想要我对你言听计从吧 |
[30:09] | Yes! Because what I want is what is best for France. | 对 因为我的所思所想都是为了法国好 |
[30:13] | You and Mary, with all your ideals, | 你和玛丽 你们的理想主义 |
[30:16] | will destroy this country. | 只会毁了这个国家 |
[30:18] | In the name of justice and tolerance, | 顶着正义与宽容之名 |
[30:20] | you will drive your people to civil war. | 只会使你的国民陷入内战之中 |
[30:23] | How will blackmailing me prevent civil war?! | 你这样威胁我 就不会导致内战吗 |
[30:26] | Well, to begin with, | 首先 |
[30:27] | you will release the man who killed Conde’s nephew. | 你得先放了那个杀康德外甥的人 |
[30:30] | I can’t! | 做不到 |
[30:32] | I have already shared my plans to prosecute them. | 我已经和人说了我会处决他们 |
[30:34] | With Mary? Explain to her that you have changed your mind. | 告诉玛丽了 就跟她说你改变想法了 |
[30:39] | And make sure she believes you, | 让她相信你 |
[30:40] | because if the people learn that you killed your father, | 因为要是大家知道 你杀了亲生父亲 |
[30:43] | they will never believe your queen didn’t know it. | 没人会相信你的王后不知情 |
[30:45] | Your heads will be on two pikes side by side. | 你们会被一起斩首示众 |
[30:50] | I know you’re both very romantic, | 我知道你们很浪漫 |
[30:53] | but I doubt this is the future together you had in mind. | 不过殉情 应该不是你们想要的未来吧 |
[31:04] | Francis, why? | 弗朗西斯 为什么 |
[31:05] | We spoke of this only hours ago. | 我们几个小时之前才谈过 |
[31:07] | I thought we agreed. | 我们不是达成一致了吗 |
[31:08] | I simply changed my mind. | 我只是改主意了 |
[31:10] | You will only inflame the Protestants further. | 你这样只会更加激怒新教徒 |
[31:12] | The violence will get worse! | 暴力行为会更加严重 |
[31:14] | Soon they will have more martyrs, | 很快他们就会有人牺牲 |
[31:15] | and that will only increase their numbers and their rage! | 那样只会壮大他们 更加激怒他们 |
[31:17] | Yes, and I heard your opinion, | 好了 我知道你的意思 |
[31:18] | and I… I simply disagree. | 我只是 不同意 |
[31:21] | The burning of Catholic shops is not my opinion. | 烧了天主教徒的商店不是我想要的 |
[31:24] | The murder of that Protestant boy was not my opinion! | 杀新教男孩也不是我的主意 |
[31:27] | Mary, I have already made my decision. | 玛丽 我已经做决定了 |
[31:29] | I’m informing the court now in writing, | 我现在就写信通知法院 |
[31:31] | before Greer’s wedding. | 赶在葛瑞尔的婚礼之前 |
[31:33] | My people will know of my decision before the day’s end. | 我的国民在今天之内就能知道我的决定了 |
[31:36] | Your people? | 你的国民 |
[31:38] | I thought we were to rule together. | 我们不是说好一起统治吗 |
[31:40] | At our coronation, you said we would rule as a partnership. | 你加冕的时候 你说过你想要一起统治的 |
[31:42] | Mary, I can’t always be your husband first. | 玛丽 我不能总是先考虑妻子的诉求 |
[31:46] | Sometimes I have to be king. | 有些时候 我得履行国王的职责 |
[31:48] | Francis, this isn’t like you. | 弗朗西斯 你不是这样的 |
[31:50] | Tell me what’s going on, what’s wrong. | 告诉我出什么事了 这是怎么了 |
[31:53] | We have to get to Greer’s wedding. | 我们得去参加葛瑞尔的婚礼了 |
[31:55] | Francis! | 弗朗西斯 |
[32:11] | Honestly, is Greer drawing out the suspense | 说实在的 葛瑞尔是为了制造气氛 |
[32:14] | to make a grander entrance? | 准备华丽丽出场吗 |
[32:16] | Will she be arriving on flying swans? | 她是要骑天鹅降落吗 |
[32:18] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[32:30] | Kenna and I went to wish Greer luck this morning, | 我和肯娜今早去祝福葛瑞尔 |
[32:32] | and she wouldn’t see us. | 但她没见我们 |
[33:36] | We were out on the ocean, sailing, | 我们出海远航 |
[33:37] | and a school of dolphins swam up all around us. | 有一群海豚包围了我们 |
[33:40] | – Really? – Now, they were so close, so wild, | -真的吗 -他们靠得可近了 悠游自在 |
[33:43] | and one of them raised its head | 还有一只抬起头来 |
[33:45] | and looked at me as if he could say something. | 看着我 好像要说些什么似的 |
[33:49] | Uh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[33:50] | Uh, what a wonder. | 真是个奇迹啊 |
[33:52] | And what would he have said, if he could? | 如果它能说话 会说什么 |
[33:55] | “I understand more than you think, | 我懂得比你想象得多 |
[33:57] | and it thrills me to see you.” | 见到你真是让我很振奋 |
[34:01] | Lady Lola, I can’t promise dolphins, | 萝拉小姐 我不能保证有海豚 |
[34:03] | but is there any chance I could take you out sailing tomorrow? | 但我明天能带你出海吗 |
[34:08] | Lola. | 萝拉 |
[34:10] | I’ve been meaning to congratulate you. | 我一直想恭喜你来着 |
[34:11] | Magnificent christening of your son. | 你儿子华丽的洗礼 |
[34:13] | Baron John Phillip. | 约翰·菲利普男爵 |
[34:15] | The king was beaming, so proud of his son. | 国王喜不自禁 很为他的儿子骄傲 |
[34:17] | Oh, I didn’t realize. | 我没意识到 |
[34:19] | You’re the mother of the new baron. | 你是新男爵的母亲 |
[34:20] | That’s me, one and the same. | 就是我 |
[34:23] | Well, let me offer my congratulations, as well. | 那请允许我献上我的祝福 |
[34:26] | And I must apologize. | 而且我必须要道歉 |
[34:27] | It slipped my memory. | 我记错了 |
[34:28] | I’m leaving at first light, so, sadly, | 我明天黎明就走了 所以很抱歉 |
[34:32] | I should retire. | 我先退下了 |
[34:37] | What was that piece of theater? | 您这是打算唱哪出啊 |
[34:39] | You deliberately drove him away. | 故意赶他走 |
[34:40] | I deliberately saved you valuable time and energy. | 我是为了节省你宝贵的时间和精力 |
[34:43] | Aris doesn’t have the mettle for you. | 阿里斯没有和你在一起的勇气 |
[34:46] | Other men will be afraid of getting close to you | 其他人会害怕接近你 |
[34:49] | because they see you as the king’s property. | 因为他们将你看作国王的所有物 |
[34:52] | I am no one’s property. | 我不是谁的所有物 |
[34:53] | Oh, I don’t see you like that. | 我可不是这么认为的 |
[34:55] | But unlike most men, I’m not afraid of the king. | 但和大多数人不同 我并不畏惧国王 |
[34:59] | In fact, I suspect Francis is somewhat afraid of me. | 其实 我猜弗朗西斯有些怕我 |
[35:02] | So am I. | 我也一样 |
[35:03] | And men are afraid of you, | 大家又都害怕你 |
[35:05] | so we’re both feared. | 所以我们都让人害怕 |
[35:08] | Can be quite isolating, can’t it? | 有种被孤立的感觉对吧 |
[35:10] | It can leave one… lonely. | 这会让人感觉 孤独 |
[35:14] | That’s presumptuous of you. | 你真是放肆 |
[35:15] | And yet it’s true. | 可是却是实话 |
[35:18] | So, why don’t we get to know one another? | 所以我们何不对彼此了解一下 |
[35:22] | What? | 什么 |
[35:23] | – Over tea. – Tea? | -一起去喝茶 -喝茶 |
[35:24] | You don’t like tea? | 你不喜欢喝茶吗 |
[35:26] | I don’t like you. | 我不喜欢的是你 |
[35:27] | You don’t know me. | 你又不认识我 |
[35:28] | – I know a little. – Well, that’s more than most. | -我略有耳闻 -总比从没听过好 |
[35:33] | A very… odd but kind offer. | 你这一请求虽奇怪 但是也算恳切 |
[35:36] | Regrettably, I must decline. | 不过很遗憾我必须拒绝 |
[35:38] | Well, it’s an open invitation. | 我随时恭候 |
[35:43] | Xavier, you old ghost. | 泽维尔 你这个老东西 |
[35:45] | The butterfly. | 蝴蝶 |
[35:47] | Where have you been hiding yourself? | 你躲到哪里去了 |
[35:49] | Come. | 来 |
[35:57] | I was certain I’d been abandoned. | 我开始都确信自己被抛弃了 |
[35:59] | What changed you? | 你为何改变了主意 |
[36:02] | I’ve spent my life grasping for security, safety. | 我一生都在追寻安全感 |
[36:06] | I’ve lived in fear of the future, | 我一直生活在对未来的恐惧中 |
[36:08] | of what people might think of me | 我一直在意别人对我的看法 |
[36:10] | and how that could help or hurt me and my family. | 在意它对我还有我家人的帮助或者伤害 |
[36:14] | But you offer something more interesting, | 但是你给了我更有趣的东西 |
[36:17] | something more challenging. | 也更有挑战性 |
[36:19] | You stand by your convictions and principles, | 你坚持自己的信念和原则 |
[36:21] | you strive to make the world what it should be, | 你努力让世界成为它应有的模样 |
[36:24] | not insulate yourself from it. | 而不是去逃避 |
[36:27] | I will protect you. | 我会保护你的 |
[36:29] | And I you. | 我也会保护你 |
[36:50] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:53] | I need you to know that. | 我需要你知道这点 |
[36:57] | I do. | 我知道 |
[36:58] | And I want to support you. | 我想支持你 |
[37:00] | As your wife, as your queen. | 作为你妻子 作为你的王后 |
[37:02] | But I can’t understand why you would let the murderers | 但是我不懂你为何让谋杀那个孩子的凶手 |
[37:04] | of that boy walk free. | 逍遥法外 |
[37:06] | You know that this a larger issue. | 你知道 这件事牵涉太广 |
[37:08] | I understand that we have to bow to Catholic nobles | 我知道我们得向那些假装向我们鞠躬的 |
[37:11] | who pretend to bow to us. | 天主教贵族鞠躬 |
[37:12] | My own nation has fallen to Protestantism. | 我自己的国家被新教徒占领 |
[37:15] | But you could have held those Catholics accountable. | 但是你本可以拿那些天主教徒是问的 |
[37:18] | What they did is only going to inflame the Protestants. | 他们的行为只会激怒新教徒 |
[37:20] | I can’t talk about this anymore. | 我现在不想跟你谈这个 |
[37:22] | He was just a boy. | 他还只是个孩子 |
[37:23] | Mary, stop. | 玛丽 不要说了 |
[37:24] | The nephew of your friend, your cousin. | 他是你朋友的外甥 你的表亲啊 |
[37:26] | The decision is made, it is done. | 事情已经定了 无可挽回了 |
[37:28] | I am begging you to let it go. | 我求你 不要再纠结了 |
[37:29] | Why can’t we discuss this? We used to. | 我们为何不能讨论 以前我们都是讨论的啊 |
[37:32] | It’s not always possible. | 并非每次都可以 |
[37:33] | Why, in this instance, | 为什么这件事 |
[37:35] | is that the case? What has changed? | 就不行 哪里不一样了 |
[37:38] | Francis, what aren’t you telling me? | 弗朗西斯 你为什么不告诉我呢 |
[37:40] | It is a choice I made as king. | 那是我作为国王作出的决定 |
[37:41] | A choice that we discussed thoroughly. | 我们已经详细讨论过了 |
[37:43] | You just don’t agree with it. | 你只是不同意而已 |
[37:46] | There’s something else going on. | 肯定还有别的事 |
[37:48] | Lately you’ve been distant, | 最近你一直很冷淡 |
[37:51] | acting as though you’re haunted by something. | 好像你深受什么东西烦扰一样 |
[37:53] | I need peace and quiet. | 我需要一个人静一静 |
[37:57] | You need to trust me! | 你需要信任我 |
[37:59] | To share things with me. | 跟我分享你的事你的想法 |
[38:00] | Not everything can be solved by talking, | 并不是一切事都可以通过谈话解决 |
[38:03] | by love, by you. | 或者通过爱 通过你 |
[38:04] | There are things we cannot change, that cannot be undone. | 有些事我们注定无法改变 覆水难收 |
[38:08] | Things that I don’t tell you to protect you. | 我不告诉你是想保护你 |
[38:10] | Protect me from what?! | 保护我什么 |
[38:11] | I have already said too much. | 我已经说太多了 |
[38:13] | You have said far too little! | 你明明是说得太少 |
[38:15] | – Mary, please. – What could possibly | -玛丽 求你了 -有什么能够 |
[38:17] | endanger me so much that I shouldn’t know about it? | 对我威胁如此之大 以至于我都不能知道 |
[38:19] | Don’t. | 不要这样 |
[38:20] | What is this mystery threat | 这一神秘威胁到底是什么 |
[38:21] | that somehow involves your son’s nanny, | 其中涉及到了你儿子的奶妈 |
[38:23] | that has you skulking around the castle at odd hours? | 还让你大半夜在城堡里躲躲闪闪鬼鬼祟祟 |
[38:29] | Something I can’t fix. | 是我无法解决之事 |
[38:31] | Something that you can’t change. | 你无法改变之事 |
[38:33] | These secret visits to your son… | 对你儿子的神秘探访… |
[38:36] | and the baby that I lost… | 还有我失去的孩子… |
[38:39] | You worry that I can’t do it. | 你担心我做不到 |
[38:42] | Do you worry that I can’t bear you a child? | 你是不是担心我无法怀上你的孩子 |
[38:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:48] | I worry because, as a king and a man, I want heirs. | 我担心是因为作为一个国王一个男人 我想要子嗣 |
[38:50] | Is that what you want to hear? | 你想听的就是这个吗 |
[38:51] | Does it bring us closer for you to know that | 让你知道你无法怀孕让我失望至极 |
[38:53] | your failure disappoints me beyond words? | 能让我们之间更加亲密吗 |
[39:02] | Have I answered you fully? | 我的答案你满意了吗 |
[39:03] | Are we done with this relentless interrogation? | 你那无休止的拷问终于结束了吗 |
[39:07] | You told me you hadn’t lost hope. | 你跟我说你没有失去希望 |
[39:10] | I lied. | 我撒谎了 |
[39:14] | Mary, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have. | 玛丽 对不起 我不该说谎的 |
[39:17] | I wish… | 我希望… |
[39:18] | For something that I can’t give you. | 你是因为我无法给你的东西而撒谎 |
[39:25] | But I asked you for the truth, | 但是我问你真相时 |
[39:27] | and you certainly gave it to me. | 你明确了我的担忧 |
[39:31] | I don’t need to hear any more. | 你什么都不用说了 |