时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Why don’t we get to know one another? | 我们何不对彼此了解一下 |
[00:04] | What do you want from me? | 你想从我身上得到什么 |
[00:06] | Are you secretly protestant? | 你是不是新教徒 |
[00:08] | Ever since Yvette died, | 伊薇特死后 |
[00:09] | I’ve been trying to find something | 我一直在想办法 |
[00:10] | to help me through it. So I started going to services. | 帮我走出忧伤 所以我就开始参加礼拜 |
[00:13] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[00:13] | What I want is what is best for France. | 我的所思所想都是为了法国好 |
[00:16] | If the people learn that you killed your father, | 要是大家知道 你杀了亲生父亲 |
[00:19] | they will never believe your queen didn’t know it. | 没人会相信你的王后不知情 |
[00:20] | Your heads will be on two pikes, side by side. | 你们会被一起斩首示众 |
[00:24] | Francis, what aren’t you telling me? | 弗朗西斯 你瞒了我什么 |
[00:25] | You need to trust me. | 你需要信任我 |
[00:27] | Not everything can be solved by talking. | 并不是一切事都可以通过谈话解决 |
[00:29] | By love. There are things | 通过爱 有些事情 |
[00:31] | that cannot be undone. | 根本无法解决 |
[00:42] | Halt. | 停 |
[00:47] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[00:50] | May I? | 我能喝吗 |
[00:52] | Just a sip. | 就一小口 |
[00:53] | I could use some courage right about now. | 给我壮壮胆 |
[00:55] | No, my dear, | 不行 |
[00:55] | you’re highborn and far too young. | 你出身高贵而且太小了 |
[00:58] | You will give it to me. | 你会给我喝的 |
[00:59] | Well, forgive me, but there’s little you could do | 无意冒犯 但你还这么小 |
[01:01] | to make me… | 能怎样… |
[01:08] | I feel better already. | 感觉好多了 |
[01:10] | Wake him up for me, would you? | 帮我叫醒他吧 |
[01:19] | I remember you, too. | 我也记得你 |
[01:21] | Now close your mouth. | 快把下巴收一收 |
[01:22] | Bow. | 鞠躬 |
[01:24] | Beg your pardon, | 请接受我真挚的 |
[01:25] | truly. | 歉意 |
[01:28] | Now go and tell Catherine her daughter’s here. | 现在去告诉凯瑟琳她的女儿来了 |
[01:29] | Tell everyone | 告诉所有人 |
[01:30] | that Princess Claude is home. | 克劳德公主回来了 |
[01:47] | Well, we can’t seat the duke next to Lady Berwell | 我们可不能把公爵安排在伯维尔小姐旁边 |
[01:50] | because of… | 因为… |
[01:55] | Would you like for us to move | 需要我们挪一下位子吗 |
[01:56] | so that you two can sit next to each other? | 这样你们俩就能坐一块儿了 |
[02:01] | We seem to be getting our work done. | 我们要把事情做好 |
[02:03] | There’s no reason we can’t do it separately. | 分头来做也没什么影响 |
[02:04] | – Well, normally… – Normally | -可平常… -平常 |
[02:06] | Francis doesn’t keep secrets from me | 弗朗西斯不会有事情瞒着我 |
[02:07] | or make decisions that I despise, | 或者做出我所不耻的决定 |
[02:09] | like bowing to corrupt nobles or releasing murderers. | 比如屈从于腐败的贵族或者释放谋杀犯 |
[02:13] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[02:16] | A word. | 和您说几句话 |
[02:18] | Please. | 你们先下去 |
[02:25] | I know I’m rarely invited to these working breakfasts, | 我知道你们鲜少会邀请我参与这种工作早餐 |
[02:29] | but the nobles have asked me to present this to you. | 但贵族们请我把这个呈上来 |
[02:33] | It’s an edict. | 是一份法令 |
[02:34] | For your ratification. | 呈给您签署批准 |
[02:36] | May I read what you’ll want me to ratify? | 要我签署我总要先看一看吧 |
[02:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[02:44] | This would require every French subject to come forward | 这上面说要每个法国人必须站出来 |
[02:46] | and publicly declare their faith to the king. | 对国王公开宣誓他们的信仰 |
[02:48] | What? | 什么 |
[02:50] | As you see, | 正如您所见 |
[02:51] | nobles from Saint-Germain, Provence, | 来自圣日耳曼 普罗旺斯 |
[02:53] | Orleans and the other regions have all signed in support. | 奥尔良以及其他地区的贵族都已经签名支持了 |
[02:56] | This would force our people to declare their faith, | 这就逼迫我们的人民宣誓他们的信仰 |
[02:58] | under penalty of death. | 否则就处以死刑 |
[03:00] | As long as they come forward, they have nothing to fear. | 只要能站出来 就没什么好怕的 |
[03:02] | Nothing to fear if they’re Catholic, you mean. | 如果是天主教徒就没什么好怕的 对吧 |
[03:04] | This law is simply an excuse to root out the Protestants. | 这条法令根本就是为了根除新教徒 |
[03:07] | If they lie to save themselves, they’ll be committing perjury | 若他们撒谎以自保 他们就在国王面前 |
[03:09] | in front of their king. They could be executed. | 犯了伪誓罪 会被处以极刑 |
[03:11] | Then they shouldn’t lie to their king. | 那他们就不应该对国王撒谎 |
[03:14] | And why are you and… | 为什么你 以及 |
[03:16] | the nobles pushing this now? | 贵族们要现在推行这条法令 |
[03:18] | Because France grows more vulnerable | 因为在新教徒的威胁下 |
[03:20] | to the Protestant threat. | 法国越来越脆弱 |
[03:22] | I heard rumors that the Protestant English queen | 我听说 英格兰新教女王 |
[03:25] | managed to turn your own guards against you. | 让你的卫兵对你反目了 |
[03:27] | This is not about the English queen or her paid traitors. | 这和英格兰女王或者她所收买的叛徒没关系 |
[03:31] | This edict will spill French blood. | 这条法令会残害无辜的法国人民 |
[03:33] | – People will kill each other in the streets. – True. | -人们会在大街上自相残杀 -没错 |
[03:35] | And I assume by “People,” You mean peasants. | 但您所说的人们应该指的是农民吧 |
[03:37] | Because they are the first to surrender to Protestantism. | 因为他们是最先对新教卑躬屈膝的 |
[03:40] | By the time it reaches the nobles, it’s too late. | 传到贵族耳朵里的时候 已经太晚了 |
[03:44] | Now’s not a good time. | 现在不行 |
[03:46] | Very well. But you should know… | 好 但你得知道… |
[03:49] | Claude is back. | 克劳德回来了 |
[03:50] | Your little sister? | 你妹妹 |
[03:53] | We must greet her. | 我们必须迎接她 |
[03:54] | I’ll join you shortly. | 我过会儿就到 |
[04:04] | I take it that this… | 这个应该… |
[04:07] | – isn’t a request? – Oh, Your Majesty, | -不是要求吧 -陛下 |
[04:10] | it’s not my choice to overtly threaten my monarch. | 这么过分威胁我的国王可不是我乐意的 |
[04:14] | But yes. | 但 是的 |
[04:15] | If this edict is not ratified, | 如果这条法令您不签署 |
[04:17] | then the world will know that you killed King Henry. | 所有人都会知道是你杀了亨利国王 |
[04:52] | I was under the impression that your task | 我怎么记得你的任务 |
[04:54] | was to deliver my daughter to Limoges. | 是把我的女儿送去利摩日呢 |
[04:57] | Or was your bishop unclear about that? | 你的主教不知道吗 |
[04:59] | Your Majesty, the-the princess has been away | 陛下 公主殿下已经好几年 |
[05:02] | from home for years. | 都没回家了 |
[05:03] | She longed to return, and I felt for her. | 她渴望回来 我很同情她 |
[05:07] | You do realize the instructions came from me? | 你难道听不懂我下的命令吗 |
[05:10] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[05:12] | Please don’t be angry with poor Father Benoit. | 请别对可怜的伯努瓦神父发火 |
[05:15] | I cried, I begged, I pleaded. | 是我痛哭流涕地求他的 |
[05:19] | I missed you so. | 我太想您了 |
[05:20] | I missed my home. | 我想家了 |
[05:26] | You smell of whiskey already. | 大早上的就满身威士忌味儿 |
[05:28] | And my brother, | 还有我哥哥 |
[05:30] | – Francis. – Claude. | -弗朗西斯 -克劳德 |
[05:32] | You look well. | 你看起来很好 |
[05:33] | The picture of health. | 健康得很呢 |
[05:35] | And you, | 看看你 |
[05:37] | a king. | 当了国王 |
[05:38] | Ruler over all of us. | 统治着我们 |
[05:40] | Married and a baby. | 结了婚 生了子 |
[05:41] | Or should I not mention those in the same sentence? | 这两件事似乎不该放一起说 |
[05:45] | Dearest sister, may I acquaint you with Mary, my wife | 妹妹 请允许我为你介绍玛丽 我的妻子 |
[05:48] | and your Queen. | 法国王后 |
[05:49] | Princess Claude, welcome back. | 克劳德公主 欢迎回来 |
[05:51] | You probably don’t remember me. | 也许你不记得我了 |
[05:52] | Oh, but I do. I recall your lovely dark hair and your smile. | 我记得 记得你的一头乌发和美丽笑容 |
[05:56] | You seemed so tall in those days. And sporty. | 那时候的你显得好高 很率性 |
[06:00] | You loved to muck about outside. | 最喜欢在外面玩了 |
[06:02] | – Do you still? – Love the outdoors? Yes. | -现在还是吗 -喜欢室外吗 是的 |
[06:04] | Perhaps we could go for a walk sometime. | 也许我们可以抽空一起散个步 |
[06:06] | I’d like that. | 再好不过了 |
[06:08] | Bash. | 巴斯 |
[06:09] | Is it really you? | 真的是你吗 |
[06:11] | Claude, I’d like you to meet | 克劳德 来见见我的妻子 |
[06:12] | my wife, Kenna. | 肯娜 |
[06:14] | Princess Claude. It’s an honor. | 克劳德公主 不胜荣幸 |
[06:17] | Is something wrong? | 怎么了吗 |
[06:19] | I was just admiring your beadwork. | 我只是在欣赏你的珠饰 |
[06:22] | So much to catch up on. | 这里发生了好多我不知道的事呢 |
[06:30] | Greer. | 葛瑞尔 |
[06:31] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[06:37] | Greer? | 葛瑞尔 |
[06:40] | I’m not feeling well, Mary. I’ll-I’ll see you a bit later. | 我有点不舒服 玛丽 待会儿去找你 |
[06:45] | Greer, what’s wrong? | 葛瑞尔 怎么了 |
[06:48] | It’s all right. It-It’s not serious. | 没事 不严重 |
[06:52] | Greer, what happened? | 葛瑞尔 出了什么事 |
[06:54] | You’re not even supposed to be done with your wedding tour yet, | 你的蜜月提前结束了 |
[06:56] | and I can see that you’re hurt and upset. | 我看得出来你受伤了 很难过 |
[07:01] | We… we were traveling through Orleans, | 我 我们经过奥尔良的时候 |
[07:05] | and some men attacked us. | 有人攻击了我们 |
[07:08] | They took everything, | 拿走了所有东西 |
[07:09] | our coin, our wedding gifts, my dresses. | 我们的钱 新婚礼物 我的裙子 |
[07:13] | We barely escaped with our lives. | 我们勉强捡了条命回来 |
[07:15] | But we did. We’re-we’re fine now. | 不过已经过去了 我们没事 |
[07:17] | We’ll put pressure on the local authorities to catch them. | 我们会施压让当地执法官迅速逮捕他们 |
[07:19] | No, please don’t tell anyone. | 不 不要告诉任何人 |
[07:21] | Why not? Greer, what aren’t you telling me? | 为什么 葛瑞尔 你有什么事瞒着我 |
[07:25] | I will find out eventually. | 我迟早会知道的 |
[07:27] | And I won’t relent until I have answers. | 我会追根究底 直到查出真相 |
[07:30] | In Orleans, there were rumors. | 在奥尔良 有一些谣言 |
[07:32] | Because Lord Castleroy didn’t take Mass. | 因为卡斯尔雷没有参加弥撒 |
[07:36] | Church representatives came to call. | 教堂代表就来叫他 |
[07:38] | We-we avoided them and moved on. | 我们就避开了他们 离开了 |
[07:42] | They came after us anyway. | 于是他们就开始追我们 |
[07:46] | Greer, are you telling me that… | 葛瑞尔 你是说… |
[07:48] | Lord Castleroy is a Protestant? | 卡斯尔雷伯爵是新教教徒吗 |
[07:51] | Did you marry a Protestant? | 你嫁给了新教徒 |
[07:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:55] | But I am still a Catholic. | 但我依旧是天主教徒 |
[07:55] | – I haven’t converted. – Yet. | -我并没有改变信仰 -可是 |
[07:58] | He is your husband. | 他是你的丈夫 |
[08:01] | The nobles want Francis to sign a law | 贵族们希望弗朗西斯能通过一份法案 |
[08:04] | that would force all French subjects to declare their faith | 要求所有法国子民公开向国王 |
[08:07] | to the king publicly. | 宣誓信仰 |
[08:09] | They want to identify the Protestants, | 他们想让新教教徒暴露 |
[08:11] | put targets on their backs. | 成为众矢之的 |
[08:15] | They’ll be harassed and persecuted. | 他们将被欺凌 被处决 |
[08:16] | Mary, you must make Francis see how wrong this is. | 玛丽 你必须让弗朗西斯明白这是错误的 |
[08:20] | I promise I will try. | 我尽量 |
[08:23] | I watched Narcisse’s estate for three nights | 我已经连续三夜监视纳西斯的府邸 |
[08:25] | and no sign of Montgomery. | 并未发现蒙戈马利的踪迹 |
[08:26] | The only visitor of note was Lola. | 唯一的拜访者就是萝拉 |
[08:30] | Lola? Why is she visiting Narcisse? | 萝拉 她为什么要去见纳西斯 |
[08:32] | Why am I watching Narcisse? | 我为什么要去监视纳西斯 |
[08:34] | What does he have to do with Montgomery? | 他跟蒙戈马利有什么关系 |
[08:35] | I told you before that it’s best that you don’t ask questions. | 我早就跟你说过 最好别问 |
[08:38] | Now, have you found the nanny, Caroline? | 你找到那位保姆了吗 卡洛琳 |
[08:40] | Francis, what does your son’s former nanny | 弗朗西斯 照顾过你儿子的保姆 |
[08:42] | have to do with any of this? | 又跟这些事有什么关系 |
[08:44] | What connection does she have to the man who killed Father in a joust? | 她跟在骑术格斗赛里杀死父亲的人有什么关系 |
[08:47] | And why are you hunting a man who Father pardoned himself? | 父亲都已经原谅他了 你为何穷追不舍 |
[08:50] | It was an accident. | 那是一场意外 |
[08:54] | You think there’s more to it. | 难道你觉得另有隐情 |
[08:56] | Stop it. You don’t want to dig into this. | 行了 不要牵扯进来 |
[08:57] | Why not? Do you think someone hired Montgomery? | 为什么 你觉得是有人雇了蒙戈马利吗 |
[09:00] | Father’s madness, his obsession with England, | 父亲的疯狂 对于英格兰的执着 |
[09:03] | threatened everyone. | 威胁到了所有人 |
[09:04] | Even you. | 甚至是你 |
[09:08] | Francis, | 弗朗西斯 |
[09:09] | did you hire Montgomery to kill our father? | 是你雇了蒙戈马利杀害父亲吗 |
[09:12] | No. | 不是 |
[09:16] | I did it myself. | 是我干的 |
[09:19] | I took Montgomery’s place. | 我顶替了蒙戈马利 |
[09:26] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[09:31] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[09:33] | I know as well as anyone | 大家都明白 |
[09:34] | the harm he caused. | 他造成的伤害 |
[09:37] | And you’ve been carrying this all alone. | 你一直在独自承受这些 |
[09:38] | Not alone. Narcisse knows. He’s blackmailing me. | 并不是 纳西斯知道了 甚至以此要挟 |
[09:41] | – I’ll kill him myself. – We can’t. | -我亲自杀了他 -不行 |
[09:43] | He has Montgomery hidden away somewhere, | 他把蒙戈马利藏到别处 |
[09:44] | ready to accuse me of regicide if anything happens to him. | 一旦他性命不保 事情就会败露 |
[09:47] | Narcisse can force me to do anything, sign anything. | 纳西斯可以强迫我干任何事 签任何字 |
[09:50] | I have lost control of my country. | 我已经失去了统治实权 |
[09:52] | I need a way out, or I’ll be forced to sign | 我需要想办法 否则我就得被迫同意 |
[09:54] | that edict into law. | 将那条法令写进法律 |
[09:56] | People will die. | 人们会丧命的 |
[09:58] | And Mary? | 玛丽呢 |
[10:00] | She can never know. | 绝不能让她知道 |
[10:01] | She must be able to deny, on oath before God, | 必须让她可以在上帝面前宣誓 |
[10:03] | that she knew anything. | 她毫不知情 |
[10:06] | It’s the only way to keep her safe. | 这是保她周全的唯一方法 |
[10:09] | And what of this nanny? | 那个保姆怎么办 |
[10:11] | She works for Narcisse. | 她是纳西斯的人 |
[10:13] | She knew exactly what to pry out of me. | 她知道该窥探什么 |
[10:15] | She knew about Montgomery. | 她知道蒙戈马利的事 |
[10:16] | So she might know where he is now. | 那她可能知道他在哪 |
[10:20] | I’ll find this nanny. | 我会找到她 |
[10:22] | Then Montgomery. | 然后找出蒙戈马利 |
[10:23] | Then we’ll figure out what to do with them. | 然后好好对付他们 |
[10:27] | And then we kill Narcisse. | 最后杀了纳西斯 |
[10:39] | All the fervor surrounding Claude’s arrival, | 因为克劳德回国的事 |
[10:41] | we haven’t had a chance to discuss the edict. | 我们还没找到时机谈法令 |
[10:45] | I know it distresses you. | 我知道这让你很苦恼 |
[10:46] | In a way it pleases me. | 某种方面来说它让我很高兴 |
[10:49] | I know that we’ve been moving in opposite directions, | 我们最近一直背道而驰 |
[10:51] | but today when I saw your reaction to that edict, | 但今天我看到了你对法令的反应 |
[10:54] | I knew we were on the same side. | 我知道我们的想法是一致的 |
[10:56] | Those nobles expect you to give in. | 那些贵族想让你屈服 |
[10:59] | They don’t know you like I do. | 但他们没有我了解你 |
[11:03] | Take a stand, my love. | 说出你的立场 我的爱人 |
[11:04] | I’ll take it with you. | 我会支持你的 |
[11:05] | Mary, I appreciate your support, but… | 玛丽 我很感谢你的支持 但是… |
[11:10] | You’re actually considering this? | 你真的在考虑这个法令吗 |
[11:13] | I have to consider it. | 我不得不考虑 |
[11:14] | I’m the Catholic king of a Catholic country. | 我是天主教国家的天主教君主 |
[11:16] | – All my power comes from… – The nobles and the Church. | -我的权力都来自于… -贵族和教会 |
[11:19] | They fear what happened in Scotland– well, so do I. | 他们害怕苏格兰的事重演 我也怕啊 |
[11:22] | If you treat people as your enemy, | 如果你将人民视为你的敌人 |
[11:24] | that is what they become. | 他们就会成为敌人 |
[11:26] | This edict is wrong. | 这个法令是错的 |
[11:28] | In your heart, you know that. | 你心里也明白 |
[11:30] | The man I love knows that. | 我爱的男人知道这一点 |
[11:34] | There are limits to what I can do. | 我能做的事也是有限的 |
[11:36] | Even as king. | 即使身为国王 |
[11:40] | When the nobles are united, I am boxed in. | 如果贵族联合起来 我就四面楚歌了 |
[11:42] | Well, perhaps we can find a way to divide the nobles. | 或许我们可以想个方法离间他们 |
[11:44] | – No. – Together, we… | -不行 -我们一起… |
[11:45] | I need to handle this on my own, | 这件事我来解决 |
[11:47] | and I need to do it my way. | 得按我的想法来做 |
[11:49] | What I need from you is to be patient… | 我希望你能耐心点 |
[11:52] | and to believe in me. | 相信我 |
[11:56] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:59] | Then I will do that. | 那就按你说的办 |
[12:04] | How do I go back to my husband now, hmm? | 现在我要怎么回到我丈夫身边 |
[12:10] | Discreetly. | 小心谨慎地回去 |
[12:16] | Stay there. | 你别动 |
[12:23] | Queen Mary. | 玛丽王后 |
[12:26] | – To what do I owe this surprise? – Unfortunately, | -突然来访所谓何事 -很不幸 |
[12:28] | my husband isn’t giving me what I want. | 我的丈夫没有答应我的要求 |
[12:31] | So I’ve come to ask you instead. | 所以我就来找你了 |
[12:38] | You think Francis will sign this edict into law? | 你觉得弗朗西斯会将法令写进法律吗 |
[12:41] | I believe he doesn’t want to, but when the nobles are united, | 我相信他不想这么做 但如果贵族联合起来 |
[12:44] | they’re too strong to oppose. | 他就无力反对了 |
[12:46] | So why aren’t you having this conversation with your husband? | 那你为什么不找你的丈夫谈这件事 |
[12:49] | I’ve tried. | 我试过了 |
[12:51] | He says he needs to handle this alone. | 他说要独自解决 |
[12:53] | These things he’s doing, they’re wrong. | 他做的这些事是错的 |
[12:55] | Politically dangerous. Why isn’t he listening to you? | 就政治上来说也是一招险棋 他为什么不听你的 |
[12:58] | Any man would… | 任何男人对你… |
[13:01] | What I mean is, | 我的意思是 |
[13:02] | Mary… you are right to want to help him, | 玛丽 你想帮他是对的 |
[13:05] | in any way you can. | 无论用何种方式 |
[13:06] | What can I do? | 我能做些什么 |
[13:08] | We need to divide and conquer the nobles. | 我们得离间 拉拢贵族 |
[13:10] | Narcisse reminded me | 纳西斯提醒了我 |
[13:11] | that once the faith reaches them, | 一旦他们知道谁是新教徒 |
[13:13] | it’s already too late to stop it. | 再想阻止就为时已晚了 |
[13:15] | That gave me an idea. | 那让我想到一个主意 |
[13:16] | I need a Protestant noble to oppose the edict, openly. | 我需要一名新教贵族公开反对法令 |
[13:20] | I am a Catholic. | 可我是天主教徒 |
[13:21] | But you are a known sympathizer. | 但你是众所周知的新教支持者 |
[13:23] | There are nobles who have already converted. | 已经有贵族改信新教 |
[13:25] | I am sure of it. | 我很确定 |
[13:26] | We just need one to step forward publicly, | 我们只需要一个贵族公开承认 |
[13:28] | and more might follow. | 其他人或许就会响应了 |
[13:30] | You’re asking me to name names. | 你是在让我公开他们 |
[13:31] | Mary, people hide for a good reason. | 玛丽 人们对此保密是有原因的 |
[13:34] | Whoever comes forward would be risking everything. | 站出来的人可能会失去一切 |
[13:36] | Just get me in a room with one so I can make my case directly. | 你帮我联系一个 我就可以直接请求他 |
[13:39] | No one wants to be the first. | 没人想当出头鸟 |
[13:41] | You can’t ask people to do things they’re not ready to do. | 你不能请求他们做没准备好的事 |
[13:43] | Consider the risk if they don’t come forward. | 那就想想如果不站出来的风险 |
[13:45] | The king signs the edict, and innocent people, | 国王签署法令 无辜的人们 |
[13:48] | people we both know and care about, are questioned, tortured. | 我们熟识且关心的人们 会被审问 折磨 |
[13:52] | The Inquisition will reach those nobles. | 那些贵族们也会被调查 |
[13:55] | Their secret faith will look like treason. | 他们那秘密的信仰会被视为叛国 |
[13:57] | Will they be safe then? | 到那时还能保住自己吗 |
[13:59] | The time is now. | 现在就是时机 |
[14:01] | You and I both know it. | 你我都清楚这一点 |
[14:02] | It’s now or never. | 成败在此一举 |
[14:05] | I had it especially made for Princess Claude. | 这是我为克劳德公主定制的 |
[14:06] | Do you think she’ll like it? | 你觉得她会喜欢吗 |
[14:08] | Why are you giving Claude gifts? | 你为什么要送礼物给克劳德 |
[14:10] | Well, she’s a princess, and your sister. | 她是公主 还是你妹妹 |
[14:12] | I think we could be friends. | 我想我们可以成为朋友 |
[14:13] | Kenna, Claude is not your friend. | 肯娜 克劳德不是你的朋友 |
[14:15] | She’s not even my sister, she’s my half-sister. | 她都不是我的亲妹妹 只是同父异母 |
[14:18] | And while I can’t speak for her passion for beads, | 她喜不喜欢珠子我不知道 |
[14:21] | I know that she’s never liked other girls. | 但我知道她绝不会喜欢别的女孩 |
[14:23] | Well, people can change– | 人是会变的 |
[14:24] | you used to think I was just a shallow girl | 你原来也觉得我不过是个肤浅的女人 |
[14:26] | who only cared for nice jewels and parties. | 只喜欢贵重珠宝和参加宴会 |
[14:29] | All right, fine, I still like | 好吧 我还是很喜欢 |
[14:31] | nice things and parties, | 漂亮的东西和参加宴会 |
[14:32] | but is that a crime? | 但这是罪吗 |
[14:33] | This castle used to be fun. | 这座城堡原来多有趣啊 |
[14:35] | On behalf of France, I’d like to apologize | 我想代表法国向你表达深切的歉意 |
[14:36] | for the plague, famine and religious violence. | 为那场瘟疫 饥荒和因信仰不同引起的暴乱 |
[14:39] | And you leave me alone for days at a time. | 你有一次还让我一个人待了好几天呢 |
[14:41] | You don’t say where you’re going. | 你就是不告诉我你去哪儿了 |
[14:43] | – Come here, wife. – Oh, and you’re off again. | -过来 夫人 -你又要走了 |
[14:45] | Yes. Yes, I am. | 是的 是的 |
[14:51] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[14:53] | There’s just something that I need to look into. | 只是我得去调查点事情 |
[15:03] | Move pawns east. | 军队向东行进 |
[15:08] | – You wanted to show me something? – Yeah. | -你想给我看什么吗 -是的 |
[15:10] | We found this in that… | 我们在那个叛国者吉福德的房间 |
[15:12] | traitor Gifford’s chambers. | 发现了这个 |
[15:15] | It’s a cipher. | 这是暗号 |
[15:16] | Mm, the English use it to decode messages. | 英格兰人用这个来解码信息 |
[15:19] | He was feeding Elizabeth information. | 他在给伊丽莎白通风报信 |
[15:21] | If this is how the English spies communicate, | 如果英格兰人就是这样监视通讯的话 |
[15:23] | it stands to reason there are others in France. | 那显然国内还有别的奸细 |
[15:26] | It’s a traitor’s tool. | 这是卖国者的工具 |
[15:27] | And anyone who is found with one… | 而如果发现还有其他人有这个 |
[15:29] | No matter their standing, we’d know they were a spy. | 不管他们立场如何 我们都知道他是间谍 |
[15:31] | – And anything they said… – Would be discredited. | -而不管他们说什么 -都不可信 |
[15:34] | They’d be executed. | 他们会被处死 |
[15:36] | I need to borrow this. | 我得借用一下这个 |
[15:37] | – Have you made copies? – Of course. | -你有副本吗 -当然 |
[15:39] | I just need to show it to some of my advisors. | 我得给我的大臣们看看 |
[15:42] | Just a… endeavor I’m working on. | 事关 我最近在做的一件事 |
[16:00] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[16:03] | What do you want from me? | 你们想要什么 |
[16:10] | Am I somehow… | 你们是不是 |
[16:12] | to blame for your death? | 因我而死 |
[16:17] | You said I didn’t protect you– when did I have a chance? | 你说我没保护你们 我什么时候有这机会 |
[16:20] | Why is she coughing? What’s wrong with her? | 她为什么在咳嗽 她怎么了 |
[16:23] | Is this how you died? | 你就是这样死的吗 |
[16:41] | Sisters share. | 姐妹同享 |
[16:45] | What is it?! | 怎么了 |
[16:46] | It’s Princess Claude. | 是克劳德公主 |
[16:47] | I’ve been keeping an eye on her, as you asked, | 我按照您的要求一直看着她 |
[16:49] | and, well… | 然后… |
[17:00] | Lord have mercy. | 求主怜悯 |
[17:02] | Claude! | 克劳德 |
[17:04] | – Mother! – Oh, God. | -母亲 -天呐 |
[17:06] | A ride home, indeed. | 你可真是舟车劳顿了 |
[17:07] | And you, Father. | 还有你 神父 |
[17:09] | I don’t need this, not today. | 我今天没心情处理这个 |
[17:13] | It’s true I’ve been | 我确实 |
[17:15] | spending time with Narcisse, | 和纳西斯待过一段时间 |
[17:16] | but I’m not sure it’s any of your concern. | 但我不确定这个和你有什么关系 |
[17:18] | Lola, I don’t judge you, but Narcisse is dangerous. | 萝拉 我不想批判什么 但纳西斯很危险 |
[17:21] | And yet you seem willing to embrace him politically. | 那你呢 你似乎还和他政见相投呢 |
[17:24] | I just want to know, have you grown close to him? | 我只想知道 你是不是和他越走越近了 |
[17:27] | What’s between you? | 你们进展到哪一步了 |
[17:30] | I’m not sure. I… | 我不确定 我… |
[17:31] | He’s let me know he’s interested, is all. | 他告诉我他对我有兴趣 就这样 |
[17:33] | Would he be surprised | 如果你回去找他 |
[17:34] | if you went back to his estate? | 他会感到惊讶吗 |
[17:36] | – A moment ago you said he was dangerous. – He is. | -你上一秒还告诉我他很危险 -他确实 |
[17:39] | More than you know– | 比你所知道的更危险 |
[17:39] | which is why I must ask you, for me, to go there tonight. | 所以我才请求你为了我今晚去他那儿一次 |
[17:43] | Tell him that you were on your way back to the castle | 告诉他你在回城堡的路上 |
[17:44] | and your horses needed tending, and when you’re admitted, | 你的马需要照看 一旦他允许你进入 |
[17:47] | hide this envelope. | 把这个信封藏起来 |
[17:48] | Somewhere he won’t find it. | 藏在他找不到的地方 |
[17:51] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[17:51] | I can only say that it’s insurance, | 我只能说一旦他与我为敌 |
[17:53] | should he make himself an enemy to the crown. | 这就会成为一份保障 |
[17:56] | Well… where am I supposed to hide it? | 那我应该把这个藏在哪儿 |
[17:58] | It’s not as if he leaves me alone for hours. | 他又不会让我一个人待上好几小时 |
[18:00] | – You’ll find an opportunity. – Francis, | -你见机行事 -弗朗西斯 |
[18:02] | you’re asking me to deceive and betray a powerful man for you. | 你要让我为了你去欺骗并背叛一个权贵 |
[18:09] | You’re not a French subject– | 你不是法国人 |
[18:10] | I cannot order you to do this. | 我不能命令你这样做 |
[18:12] | So I am asking you to trust me. | 所以我请求你相信我 |
[18:16] | Lola, based on all that you know of both of us, | 萝拉 基于你对我们俩的认知 |
[18:17] | I’m asking you to choose who you think is the better man. | 你要在我和他之间做出选择 |
[18:21] | If you think it’s me, | 如果你选我 |
[18:22] | help me to take control of a man | 就帮我掌握这个人 |
[18:24] | who would spill any amount of blood to get what he wanted. | 这个人为达目的会不惜大开杀戒 |
[18:44] | How could you send him away? | 你怎么能把他送走 |
[18:45] | He’ll be ruined, defrocked. | 他会被免除圣职 他这辈子就毁了 |
[18:48] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[18:49] | And yet you wanted him “frocked.” | 而你却想让他被解除圣职 |
[18:51] | You didn’t love him. | 你并不爱他 |
[18:52] | Oh, you seduced that poor little priest | 你勾引了那个可怜的小神父 |
[18:54] | into bringing you home, and once he was here, | 就为了让他带你回家 而一旦他做到了 |
[18:55] | you thought you might as well make the most of it. | 你就想尽可能多地压榨他 |
[18:57] | And what is so wrong | 我想回家 |
[18:59] | with wanting to come home? | 又怎么了 |
[19:00] | You are experiencing the world, my dear. | 你是在长经验 亲爱的 |
[19:03] | Mastering languages, meeting influential people… | 学习语言 和有影响的人会面 |
[19:05] | You parked me with anyone who would take me, | 只要有人能带走我 你就让我跟他们走 |
[19:07] | because you can’t stand me. | 因为你受不了我 |
[19:09] | What have I done to earn your ire? | 我做了什么让你如此愤恨 |
[19:10] | You’re spouting nonsense! | 你简直是胡言乱语 |
[19:13] | Please don’t send me away again. | 别再把我送走了 |
[19:15] | I’ve spent years with strangers. | 我和陌生人一起待了好几年 |
[19:16] | Self-pity doesn’t suit you. | 自怜自哀不适合你 |
[19:19] | I missed my brother’s wedding, | 我错过了我哥哥的婚礼 |
[19:21] | his coronation, | 他的加冕礼 |
[19:23] | my father’s funeral. | 我父亲的葬礼 |
[19:26] | I’ve missed… | 我错过了… |
[19:28] | Haven’t you missed me at all? | 你就一点都不想我吗 |
[19:32] | All right, you can stay for now. | 好吧 允许你暂时留下 |
[19:33] | But one hint of bad behavior, and I will send you away. | 胆敢有一点不规矩 我立马把你送走 |
[19:37] | Now, cheer up | 别苦着脸 |
[19:38] | and get dressed for your party. | 准备更衣参加晚宴吧 |
[19:45] | Your hair’s different. | 你的发型变了 |
[19:48] | Uh, there’s a shop in the village | 村里有家店 |
[19:50] | that sells the loveliest hairpieces. | 卖各式好看的假发 |
[19:55] | You’re not really interested | 你其实想说的 |
[19:56] | – in the details of my hair, are you? – No. | -不是我的发型吧 -没有 |
[19:59] | Just the hair. | 就是头发 |
[20:01] | Yes. Uh, well, I-I was on my way back to court | 那个…我当时在回王宫的路上 |
[20:04] | from the village, as I said, | 从村里回宫 我之前也说了 |
[20:05] | and realized my horses needed tending. | 途中发现我的马需要休息 |
[20:09] | Thank you for that, by the way. | 顺便谢谢你了 |
[20:11] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[20:13] | But I shouldn’t stay long. | 但我不能逗留太久 |
[20:14] | There’s a welcome-home party for Princess Claude. | 宫里为克劳德公主办了个接风派对 |
[20:17] | A boat party. | 划船派对 |
[20:19] | Will you be there? | 你去吗 |
[20:21] | No. | 不去 |
[20:22] | Why sail above the water when you could submerge yourself | 既然能享受戏水之乐 |
[20:26] | and enjoy it directly? | 划船还有什么意思 |
[20:28] | A bath? | 你说沐浴吗 |
[20:30] | Again? | 又来一次 |
[20:32] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[20:33] | – Yes. – What is it about you and baths? | -没错 -你为什么这么喜欢沐浴呢 |
[20:36] | Well, perhaps I’ll tell you… | 你洗的时候… |
[20:38] | as you bathe. | 也许我会告诉你 |
[20:41] | Draw it for me. | 那就来吧 |
[20:45] | I’ll fetch your servant. | 我叫你的仆人过来 |
[20:46] | Uh, no. | 不用 |
[20:49] | You. | 你就可以 |
[20:51] | Look at you, making demands already. | 看看你啊 已经学会发号施令了 |
[20:55] | You’re learning. | 有长进 |
[21:25] | Here. While you wait, | 给 与其干等着 |
[21:29] | little something to help you relax, | 不如来点帮你放松的东西 |
[21:31] | ’cause you seem a little nervous. | 你看起来有点紧张啊 |
[21:47] | That’s our Protestant noble, Lord Cane. | 那是我们新教贵族 凯恩伯爵 |
[21:50] | If we can convince him to join us. | 争取说服他加入我们 |
[21:56] | Lord Cane. | 凯恩伯爵 |
[21:58] | It is beyond rumor now. | 目前流言纷飞 |
[22:00] | My intelligence has confirmed | 我得到确切情报说 |
[22:01] | that there is another English spy among us. | 我们中有英格兰间谍潜伏 |
[22:03] | Among the nobles? | 潜伏在贵族中吗 |
[22:05] | We suspect that he is. | 我们是这样怀疑的 |
[22:06] | We know that he’s using an English cipher | 我们得到消息 他在用一种英文密码 |
[22:07] | meant to encrypt sensitive information. | 加密了机密信息 |
[22:10] | We find the cipher, we find the spy. | 找到密码 就能抓住间谍 |
[22:23] | You asked me what it was about baths that I liked. | 你问我为什么喜欢沐浴 |
[22:26] | I suppose it’s the vulnerability. | 大概是因为它的无所顾忌 |
[22:29] | Sense of comfort one feels, | 沐浴时放松的感觉 |
[22:32] | covered, | 被覆盖 |
[22:33] | embraced, when in fact, | 被包裹 可同时 |
[22:35] | one is quite exposed. | 却全身赤裸 |
[22:39] | Why are you here? | 你来这什么目的 |
[22:41] | I told you, I was on my way back from the village. | 我告诉你了 我在从村里回去的路上 |
[22:46] | You may feel that… | 你可能觉得 |
[22:48] | my bath is not the place to discuss philosophy, | 在浴室里不适合探讨人生哲理 |
[22:51] | but I find it ideal, because here, | 但我觉得再适合不过 因为在这里 |
[22:54] | both you and I are vulnerable. | 你我都无所武装 |
[22:57] | And yet, you’re the one with clothes on. | 但你还穿着衣服 |
[22:59] | I can change that. | 我可以不穿 |
[23:01] | No. Uh, just, I’m fine as we are. | 不用了 现在这样挺好 |
[23:04] | I promise you that if we go on, | 我保证 如果我们继续 |
[23:07] | you will see me without defenses. | 你会看到毫无防备的我 |
[23:09] | The games I like– they go beyond games. | 我所热衷的游戏 超越游戏本身 |
[23:13] | We will share things that strip us both bare | 足以让我们在各种含义上 |
[23:16] | in every way possible. | “坦诚相见” |
[23:19] | But none of this can happen without trust. | 但信任是一切的前提 |
[23:23] | I’d like to trust you. | 我愿意相信你 |
[23:24] | And I you. | 我也一样 |
[23:26] | But the risk is greater for me. | 但我承担的风险更大 |
[23:29] | The risk is always greater for the woman. | 女人所面临的风险总是更大的 |
[23:31] | Not… | 除非… |
[23:32] | if the man is seen as an enemy of the king, your friend. | 男人被视作国王的敌人 而你是国王的朋友 |
[23:36] | Once he learns of this, | 一旦他知道 |
[23:37] | Francis will try to use you against me. | 弗朗西斯会用你对付我 |
[23:39] | That is a certainty. | 那风险自然很大 |
[23:41] | Why does Francis think that you’re his enemy? | 为什么弗朗西斯把你看作敌人呢 |
[23:43] | That’s a reasonable question. | 问题很合理 |
[23:44] | And a dangerous answer. | 答案却布满陷阱 |
[23:47] | So, I will give you two choices. | 我给你两条路走 |
[23:50] | One, I can leave, | 我离开 |
[23:51] | and you can finish this delightful bath | 你继续你的沐浴享受 |
[23:56] | and go home. | 之后回家 |
[23:58] | Your world will remain as it is. | 你的生活保持原状 |
[24:00] | Or you can join me in the drawing room downstairs, | 或者你跟我一起去楼下的画室 |
[24:02] | and we can begin this journey into trust. | 我们开始互相信任的旅程 |
[24:06] | It’s not a journey you will return from unchanged, | 旅程一旦开始就不可回头 |
[24:09] | so consider it carefully. | 考虑清楚 |
[24:22] | How did Bash and Kenna get together? | 巴斯跟肯娜怎么在一起的 |
[24:24] | It’s a very romantic story, actually. | 其实他俩的故事很浪漫 |
[24:27] | Father threatened to kill them both if they didn’t marry. | 父亲威胁他俩要么结婚 要么死 |
[24:29] | Leave it to Father. | 还是父亲厉害 |
[24:31] | It is kind of funny, since he’d bedded her, as well. | 倒是挺有趣的 他俩都上过床了 |
[24:35] | He wasn’t well, Claude. | 他并不情愿 克劳德 |
[24:36] | He’d gone mad, I heard. | 我听说他当时疯了 |
[24:38] | Was he off his nut when she went after him? | 她追求他的时候 他失去理智了吗 |
[24:40] | – No, but… – So, she pursued Father, | -没有 但是… -所以她先追求的父亲 |
[24:42] | settled for Bash, and now she’s trying | 后来退而求其次选择了巴斯 |
[24:44] | to butter me up with gifts and invitations. | 现在又想用各种礼物和邀请来巴结我 |
[24:47] | Quite the social climber. | 真是会攀高枝 |
[24:50] | She’s a good person, and she loves him. | 她是好人 她也很爱巴斯 |
[24:53] | I know that you’re very protective of him, | 我知道你一心向着他 |
[24:56] | but don’t cause trouble for them, or you’ll be answering to me. | 不要给他们添麻烦 否则我唯你是问 |
[24:59] | And not just as your older brother, but as your king. | 我不只是你哥哥 还是法国国王 |
[25:10] | Oh, very charismatic with the nobles, that one. | 他可真是擅长和贵族相处 是吧 |
[25:13] | Gentle warning not to be too trusting of him. | 我提醒你 最好不要太信任他 |
[25:16] | Conde is a Prince of the Blood, after all. | 康德毕竟是别族皇子 |
[25:19] | You hold his royal blood against him? | 你认为他的皇族血统有威胁吗 |
[25:21] | Well, he’s a Bourbon, | 他是波旁皇族 |
[25:22] | and the Bourbon family were once rivals for the… throne. | 波旁皇族曾经是皇室的劲敌 |
[25:26] | You didn’t know that, did you? | 原来你并不知情 |
[25:30] | No. | 不知道 |
[25:31] | Francis was very sickly as an infant, | 弗朗西斯幼时体弱多病 |
[25:33] | and there was talk that if he died, | 当时市井传言说道 如果他去世 |
[25:35] | and I failed to produce more sons, | 而我没能诞下更多子嗣 |
[25:38] | the Bourbon princes would take the throne. | 波旁皇族的王子就会夺取王权 |
[25:41] | Those were different times. | 当时状况与今日不同 |
[25:42] | Conde is a loyal friend to me and to Francis. | 康德对我和弗朗西斯都很忠诚 |
[25:47] | Lord Cane is leaving. We need to catch him now. | 凯恩伯爵要走了 我们得现在找他 |
[25:50] | I don’t dare believe you. | 我不敢相信 |
[25:51] | – I only have your word that Francis killed Henry. – Yes. | -弗朗西斯杀了亨利是你的一面之词 -没错 |
[25:55] | I might be lying. | 也许我在撒谎 |
[25:56] | And even if he did, the king was mad. | 就算是他杀的 国王当时疯了 |
[25:59] | Those of us who heard him, | 谁听到他当时的口气 |
[26:00] | who saw the terrible things he did, know that. | 看到他的所作所为 都会明白 |
[26:02] | I make no moral judgment on Francis’s actions. | 我并不蔑视弗朗西斯的行为 |
[26:05] | – But you are blackmailing him? – Yes. | -但是你却以此威胁他 -对 |
[26:08] | Because France needs a strong Catholic leader | 因为法国需要一个强大的天主教领袖 |
[26:11] | to hold the nation together. | 维持国家的稳定 |
[26:14] | You’ve just told me the most profound state secret. | 你把这样重大的秘密告诉了我 |
[26:17] | What am I supposed to do with it? | 我该怎么办 |
[26:18] | What can you do? | 你能做什么 |
[26:19] | You can’t make it public. | 你不能公之于众 |
[26:20] | You don’t want to see Francis removed from the throne. | 你不希望弗朗西斯失去王位 |
[26:23] | That would endanger you and your child. | 这样会让你和你的孩子有危险 |
[26:25] | And nor do I, unless forced, | 我也不希望 除非情势所迫 |
[26:28] | ’cause that would endanger France. | 因为那样会让法国陷入危险 |
[26:30] | Well, then, why tell me? | 那你为什么要告诉我 |
[26:32] | Because when Francis comes to you and, uh, | 因为如果弗朗西斯去找你 |
[26:36] | asks you to betray my trust, | 要求你背叛我 |
[26:38] | I want you to remember which of us told you the truth. | 我希望你记得 谁才是告诉你真相的人 |
[26:41] | About who we are, what we are capable of. | 谁说出了我们的本质和我们的所作所为 |
[26:46] | You’re asking me to be a martyr? | 你要我做烈士 |
[26:47] | I’m asking you to be a hero. | 我是请你做英雄 |
[26:49] | Not the kind with the sword. | 并不是提剑闯天下的英雄 |
[26:50] | The kind who takes a risk | 而是愿意为了挽救生命 |
[26:51] | to save lives, rather than waiting | 而冒险的英雄 在危急时刻 |
[26:53] | for someone else to lead the way. | 敢于挺身而出 而不是人云亦云 |
[26:56] | Lord Cane, the time for hiding in the shadows has passed. | 凯恩伯爵 低调做人敛藏锋芒的日子已经过去 |
[26:59] | What is required now is daring. | 现在法国需要的是胆量和勇气 |
[27:01] | Show the king that if he stands up | 让国王看看 如果他敢于 |
[27:03] | for the rights of Protestants, | 维护新教教徒的权益 |
[27:04] | that there are nobles who will support him. | 支持他的贵族也会随之涌现 |
[27:07] | Why does it matter to you? | 你为何这么在乎 |
[27:08] | You’re Catholic. | 你是天主教徒 |
[27:09] | I am a Queen who wants to protect her people. | 我是王后 我要保护我的子民 |
[27:12] | I have a family to think of. | 我有家人要考虑 |
[27:14] | And I have friends who share your faith. | 我有朋友 跟你选择了同样的信仰 |
[27:16] | Friends I promised I would do | 我对朋友保证过 |
[27:18] | everything I could to protect. | 愿意不惜一切保护他们 |
[27:20] | Don’t we owe it | 我们难道不应该 |
[27:21] | to the people we love to stand up for what we believe in? | 维护自己的信仰 维护自己所爱的人吗 |
[27:26] | It’s not the kind of decision one can make in the moment. | 这样的决定我一时半会做不出 |
[27:28] | Let me sleep on it, then you’ll have my answer. | 请容我考虑考虑 之后给你答复 |
[27:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[27:46] | You are daring | 你很有胆量 |
[27:48] | and fierce. | 也很强势 |
[27:49] | I feel I have to be. | 我别无选择 |
[27:51] | Until others find it within themselves to be the same. | 直到每个人都能看清自己的内心 |
[28:10] | What happened? Did you succeed? | 怎么样 你成功了吗 |
[28:12] | – What was in the envelope? – I told you before, | -信封里是什么 -我跟你说过了 |
[28:14] | it’s best for you if you don’t know. | 最好不要知道 |
[28:16] | Francis, could whatever you wanted me to leave there | 弗朗西斯 你让我放在那里的东西 |
[28:17] | cause his death? | 会置他于死地吗 |
[28:21] | Yes. | 会 |
[28:22] | – Why? – Because I need something in place | -为什么 -因为我需要做好准备 |
[28:24] | in case the threat of Narcisse becomes too great. | 以防纳西斯的威胁不断加剧 |
[28:26] | Lola, did you plant it or not? | 萝拉 你到底藏了没有 |
[28:28] | I’m sorry. I wasn’t able to. | 抱歉 我没做到 |
[28:30] | He became too suspicious, and I left. | 他起了疑心 我就离开了 |
[28:32] | Lola, I know you were frightened, | 萝拉 我知道你很害怕 |
[28:34] | but I needed you to do this. | 但是我需要你做这件事 |
[28:35] | Because you’re the better man? | 因为你才是好人吗 |
[28:39] | Well, one of you used me, and it wasn’t him. | 你利用了我 而他没有 |
[29:00] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[29:04] | King Francis, | 弗朗西斯国王 |
[29:05] | we humbly come to ask you to sign this edict. | 我们谦逊地请求您 签下这条法令 |
[29:13] | He’s not going to step forward. | 他不愿意出声 |
[29:15] | Every noble here is united in support of it. | 这里的每位贵族都支持这份法令 |
[29:20] | – He’s too scared. – It’s over. | -他太害怕了 -结束了 |
[29:27] | Not every noble. | 并不全是 |
[29:30] | This law invites the persecution | 这份法令会让无辜民众 |
[29:32] | and bloodshed of innocent people who share different beliefs. | 因为不同的信仰而被处决 被杀戮 |
[29:36] | But it won’t stop the Protestant faith from reaching the nobles. | 但是新教依旧会向贵族传播 |
[29:39] | ‘Cause it already has. | 因为事实如此 |
[29:40] | I am a noble, a Prince of the Blood. | 我是贵族 是一名皇族 |
[29:44] | And I am Protestant. | 也是一名新教教徒 |
[29:49] | I stand before you today, | 今天我站在这里 |
[29:51] | and before my fellow nobles, | 向诸位贵族证明 |
[29:52] | to tell you the Protestants of France are not your enemy. | 法国的新教教徒并不会与诸位为敌 |
[29:56] | Just as any Catholic subject, | 与其他天主教徒子民一样 |
[29:57] | we are loyal to our king, our country. | 我们忠于国王 忠于法国 |
[30:00] | And we are asking you to stand on the right side of history. | 请求陛下 慎重选择 才能流芳百世 |
[30:08] | I’m afraid Prince of Conde stands alone. | 恐怕康德王子要孤军奋战了 |
[30:14] | I am grateful for your honesty, Cousin, | 感谢你如此诚实 表亲 |
[30:16] | but you are only one man. | 但是并没有人支持你 |
[30:21] | No. | 不 |
[30:26] | I, too, am Protestant. | 我 也是新教教徒 |
[30:29] | This is madness. | 简直胡闹 |
[30:36] | King Francis, | 弗朗西斯国王 |
[30:37] | in light of this development, | 为了国家的发展 |
[30:38] | I ask you to take time to reconsider this law. | 我请求您再考虑一下这条法令 |
[30:43] | The bravery of these men shall not be ignored. | 这些人勇敢无畏 不应被忽视 |
[30:45] | No one shall harm them. | 任何人不得伤害他们 |
[30:47] | I shall retire to further consider | 我会再重新考虑 |
[30:50] | the gravity of this law. | 此项法令的合理性 |
[31:00] | Well, that was a bold move. | 你的行为很英勇 |
[31:02] | There’s no going back now, no matter what your beliefs. | 不论你信仰为何 现在都没有回头路了 |
[31:04] | It’s what you needed, isn’t it? | 你需要的正是这个 不是吗 |
[31:09] | I did it for you. | 我是为了你才这么做的 |
[31:13] | You have my gratitude. | 我非常感谢你 |
[31:23] | I sense your hand in this. | 我知道此事是你所为 |
[31:25] | And though you completely disregarded my request, | 虽然你完全无视我的请求 |
[31:30] | I am proud of you. | 但我为你骄傲 |
[31:33] | I wanted to give you a chance to do the right thing. | 我想给你次机会让你做出正确的决定 |
[31:36] | And I still believe you will. | 我现在仍然相信你会做出正确的决定 |
[31:42] | Tell me that you have good news. | 一定要是好消息啊 |
[31:43] | Did you find the nanny? | 你找到那个保姆了吗 |
[31:45] | At the bottom of a stairwell. | 在楼梯井地下 |
[31:46] | She’s been dead for weeks. | 她已经死亡多周了 |
[31:48] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[31:49] | Narcisse got to her. He used her to get me to confess | 是纳西斯杀的 他利用她让我坦白 |
[31:52] | and then disposed of her before she could tell the tale. | 然后在她供出他之前就杀她灭口了 |
[31:58] | Mary and Conde have bought me time, | 玛丽和康德为我争取到了时间 |
[31:59] | but behind closed doors… | 但是私底下… |
[32:01] | Narcisse can still force me to sign that law. | 纳西斯还是会逼我签署那条法令 |
[32:04] | What do you want to do? | 那你想怎么做 |
[32:05] | The right thing. | 做正确的事 |
[32:07] | Mary has such faith in me. | 玛丽对我这么有信心 |
[32:09] | Every move that she made with Conde was to give me a chance. | 她跟康德所做的一切都是为了给我机会 |
[32:11] | I have to take it. | 我得把握住这次机会 |
[32:13] | No matter what it costs me. | 不论付出什么代价 |
[32:16] | But it can’t cost Mary her life. | 但是不能危及到玛丽的生命 |
[32:18] | Ready a boat and some men to get Mary out of the country. | 准备好船和人手 准备送玛丽离开法国 |
[32:21] | – What are you talking about? – If I am accused of regicide, | -你这是什么话 -如果我被指控弑君 |
[32:23] | Mary will be implicated as well. | 那玛丽肯定会遭到牵连 |
[32:24] | We need to be ready to move her immediately. | 我们需要做好时刻让她离开的准备 |
[32:27] | Someplace safe. | 让她去安全的地方 |
[32:29] | Far away from France. | 远离法国 |
[32:30] | You’re going to call his bluff. | 你要跟他摊牌了吗 |
[32:32] | I can’t keep running away from what I’ve done. | 我不能一直逃避自己做的事 |
[32:34] | I have to face the consequences or my country will. | 我必须面对后果 否则我的国家就得替我面对 |
[32:38] | This could cost you your life. | 这可能会让你丢掉性命 |
[32:41] | So be it. | 那就丢吧 |
[32:43] | Just make sure that Mary is safe. | 确保玛丽安全就行 |
[33:04] | Francis, is everything all right? | 弗朗西斯 一切都还好吗 |
[33:05] | I was mistaken. | 我之前错了 |
[33:08] | You were right to get involved. | 你介入是正确的 |
[33:10] | You and Conde work well together. | 你和康德两人合作得很好 |
[33:13] | We work well together. You and I. | 是我们合作得好 你我二人 |
[33:17] | There was a time when the only | 曾经一度我们要想前进 |
[33:18] | way forward was one that we | 方法就只有你我二人 |
[33:20] | made together, and I miss it. | 齐心协力 我很怀念那段时光 |
[33:22] | I miss my husband. | 我想念我的丈夫 |
[33:25] | I know that the edict is wrong. | 我知道那法令不对 |
[33:27] | I won’t sign it. | 我不会签署的 |
[33:29] | But it might cost me. | 但是代价可能是我的性命 |
[33:31] | We will face the consequences together. | 我们一起去面对后果 |
[33:34] | And we won’t face them alone. | 我们也不是在孤军奋战 |
[33:35] | Other nobles, like Conde, will stand with us. | 康德那样的其他贵族 他们会支持我们 |
[33:39] | It might be difficult, | 虽然可能艰难 |
[33:40] | but Francis, you are king. | 但是弗朗西斯 你是国王 |
[33:43] | What can they do to you? | 他们能拿你怎样 |
[33:53] | No matter what happens, I love you. | 无论如何 我爱你 |
[33:58] | Claude ignored me the whole night. | 克劳德整晚都无视我 |
[34:00] | She ignored my notes, | 她忽略我的字条 |
[34:02] | my invitations to tea, to supper. | 忽略我请她喝茶 请她吃晚餐 |
[34:04] | Can’t help but think it’s personal, somehow. | 这不得不让我觉得是针对我了 |
[34:06] | I told you she doesn’t like other girls. | 我告诉过你她不喜欢其他女孩子 |
[34:07] | I saw her talking to other girls at her party. | 我看到她在宴会上跟其他女孩说话了 |
[34:10] | What’s her issue with me? | 我到底是哪里得罪她了 |
[34:11] | Well, could it be | 可能是 |
[34:13] | that you are the most | 因为你是宫里 |
[34:14] | beautiful woman at court and that Claude, jealous and petty… | 最美丽的女人 所以克劳德嫉妒了… |
[34:18] | – And quite beautiful herself. – Very insecure, Kenna. | -她自己也很美啊 -这可难说 肯娜 |
[34:21] | She’ll not be your friend. | 她不会跟你成为朋友 |
[34:23] | She couldn’t take the competition. | 她受不了你比她漂亮 |
[34:24] | That’s very nice, | 谢谢夸奖 |
[34:25] | – but is it true? – As you said, | -但这是真的吗 -你也说了 |
[34:27] | she’s my sister. I would know. | 她是我妹妹 所以我了解 |
[34:41] | How odd. | 真奇怪 |
[34:42] | A proper hello from everyone at court but you. | 整个王庭的人都跟我打招呼 唯独你不打 |
[34:44] | We’ve said our hellos. | 我们不是打过招呼了吗 |
[34:46] | Didn’t you miss your old playmate? | 难道你不想念以前的玩伴吗 |
[34:48] | Didn’t you love the way we played? | 难道你不喜欢以前我们在一起玩的日子吗 |
[34:50] | When shall we meet? | 我们何时单独见个面 |
[34:51] | – Where? – Claude, what happened | -去哪里见 -克劳德 我们之间 |
[34:53] | between us can never happen again. | 发生过的事以后再也不能发生了 |
[34:55] | It wouldn’t have happened at all if you hadn’t convinced me | 如果不是因为你让我相信亨利不是我的亲生父亲 |
[34:57] | that Henry wasn’t my real father. | 也不会发生那种事 |
[34:58] | Convinced you? | 让你相信 |
[35:00] | I cleared the way for you to do what you truly wanted. | 我那时让你做了你真正想做的事 |
[35:05] | How bold you are now. | 你现在胆子应该大了不少吧 |
[35:07] | A man in full. | 是个真正的男人了 |
[35:11] | Another time, then… | 那就下次吧 |
[35:13] | brother. | 哥哥 |
[35:16] | I warned you about Conde. | 我早就警告过你小心康德 |
[35:19] | But you cannot let him | 但是你不能让他 |
[35:19] | or a few other Protestant nobles sway you. | 或者几个其他新教贵族左右你 |
[35:23] | We are still the majority, | 我们还是占大多数的 |
[35:24] | and this will ensure that never changes. | 而且这项法令会确保这点永远不变 |
[35:27] | If I sign that, there will be terror and bloodshed. | 如果我签了 必定会引起恐慌和流血 |
[35:30] | Short-lived. | 那只是暂时的 |
[35:30] | A firm, final push to ensure your reign. | 但是最终可以确保你的统治无虞 |
[35:35] | No. | 不 |
[35:36] | There are lines I will not cross, even to save myself. | 我有自己的底线 即便是为了救我自己 |
[35:40] | Reveal my secret, | 暴露我的秘密吧 |
[35:41] | because I would rather face the consequences and lose my head | 因为我宁愿自己承担后果 招来杀身之祸 |
[35:44] | than take orders from you. | 也不愿任你摆布 |
[35:47] | A compromised king is not a king at all. | 一个妥协让步的国王根本就不是真正的国王 |
[35:51] | I am impressed with your courage. | 我很欣赏你的勇气 |
[35:54] | Your willingness to sacrifice your life. | 你甘愿牺牲自己的生命 |
[35:56] | But I wonder– are you equally | 但是 你也做好准备 |
[35:59] | prepared to sacrifice the lives | 要牺牲你妻子 |
[36:01] | of your wife and your mother? | 还有你母亲的生命了吗 |
[36:02] | I am familiar with this threat. | 这一威胁真是似曾相识 |
[36:04] | And it’s anyone’s guess whether they would be implicated. | 但是大家都不清楚她们是否有牵连 |
[36:06] | I can guarantee that they will be. | 我保证她们会被牵连到 |
[36:10] | I’m sure you remember that mere days | 你肯定还记得 |
[36:12] | before you killed him, | 你杀他之前那几天 |
[36:14] | there was an attempt on Henry’s life | 私人弥撒时有人意欲 |
[36:16] | during a private Mass. I spoke to the attending priest | 杀害亨利吧 经过我的一番劝说之后 |
[36:19] | and after some firm persuasion, | 我跟当时的主持牧师谈过话 |
[36:22] | he told me all the details. | 他把细节都告诉我了 |
[36:24] | Mary and Catherine | 玛丽和凯瑟琳 |
[36:26] | planned Henry’s murder together. | 一起谋划杀害亨利 |
[36:28] | They directed the priest to poison him. | 她们指使那位牧师毒害他 |
[36:32] | So, you see this is no longer just about you. | 所以此事不止关乎你自己 |
[36:37] | Your mother, your wife, | 你母亲 你妻子 |
[36:39] | will also suffer and die. | 也会因此而死 |
[36:42] | And when your head is cut off, | 你的人头一落地 |
[36:46] | along with Catherine and Mary’s, | 还有凯瑟琳和玛丽一起 |
[36:47] | what do you suppose the nobles will do to your brothers? | 你觉得贵族会如何对待你的兄弟们 |
[36:51] | What will happen to your bastard son | 你如果不在你那个私生子身边保护他 |
[36:53] | when you’re not here to protect him? | 你觉得他又会是何种下场 |
[36:56] | They will all be assassinated. | 他们都会被人杀害 |
[36:58] | Your child will not reach his first birthday. | 你儿子连生命中第一次生日都没机会过 |
[37:01] | It will be the end of the Valois line. | 瓦卢瓦王朝也就终结于此了 |
[37:22] | Leave me. | 你们退下 |
[37:43] | You’ve been tormenting me. | 你们一直在折磨我 |
[37:45] | Now you’re here with my daughter. Why? | 现在又来对付我女儿 为什么 |
[37:58] | Sisters share. | 姐妹同享 |
[38:00] | Sisters? | 姐妹 |
[38:05] | Oh, E-Emone. | 伊梦恩 |
[38:07] | Henriette? No. | 亨丽特 不可能 |
[38:10] | No, you died as infants. | 你们婴儿时候就去世了 |
[38:11] | We never left you, | 我们从未离开你 |
[38:13] | not really. | 从未离开 |
[38:15] | – And now… – What? | -现在 -干什么 |
[38:17] | Do you love her more than us? | 你是不是爱她胜过爱我们 |
[38:21] | Do you, Mother? | 是吗 母亲 |
[38:23] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[38:27] | I had a change of heart. You cannot stay at court. | 我改变主意了 你不能留在宫里 |
[38:30] | Your home will be elsewhere. | 你去别处住吧 |
[38:31] | I will make the necessary arrangements. | 我会帮你安排 |
[38:34] | But, Mother, why? | 但是 母亲 为什么 |
[38:36] | You are my family. | 你是我的家人啊 |
[38:39] | Just tell me why. | 告诉我原因 |
[38:45] | Lady Lola. | 萝拉小姐 |
[38:48] | Always a delight. | 见到你太高兴了 |
[38:51] | You ask why I came to you. | 你问我为何来找你 |
[38:53] | But I could ask the same of you. | 但是我也想问你同样的问题 |
[38:56] | You say you seek something beyond games, | 你说你除了玩游戏之外还有其他目的 |
[38:58] | but your reputation precedes you. | 但是你的声誉让我认清了你 |
[39:00] | I’ve read all about it. | 我都读到了 |
[39:02] | In the famed journal. So it does exist. | 是在那本著名日记吗 看来确实存在啊 |
[39:05] | What detail gripped you most? | 你最为吸引的是什么细节 |
[39:09] | Not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[39:10] | Court is overfull with available women. | 王庭里适合你的女人多得是 |
[39:13] | Uncomplicated women to explore and discard. | 多得是天真的女人等你去追求去抛弃 |
[39:16] | Why me? | 为什么选我 |
[39:18] | I have… | 我… |
[39:20] | no ulterior motive, Lola. | 没有其他用心 萝拉 |
[39:23] | I suppose I do enjoy games, but | 我可能确实喜欢玩 但是 |
[39:26] | I have never had a worthy opponent. | 我从未遇到过真正的对手 |
[39:31] | You make me do things I would not do otherwise. | 你逼我做我不愿去做之事 |
[39:34] | But you are an adversary to Francis, an enemy. | 更何况你是弗朗西斯的对手 是他的敌人 |
[39:38] | And he is not only the father of my child, | 而他不仅是我孩子的父亲 |
[39:40] | he is my king, and my friend. | 更是我的国王 我的朋友 |
[39:43] | So you and I, we cannot contin… | 所以你我二人 我们不能… |
[39:57] | Do not seek to take before I give. | 在我给你前不要妄想强求 |
[40:03] | I’m glad to hear you’re thinking of giving. | 你在考虑要不要给我了 真是太好了 |
[40:09] | I’ve been looking for you. | 我一直在找你呢 |
[40:10] | How’s your husband? | 你丈夫怎么样了 |
[40:13] | What is it? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[40:16] | You don’t know? | 你还不知道吗 |
[40:19] | Francis signed the edict. | 弗朗西斯签署了法令 |
[40:21] | That’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[40:24] | What have you done? | 你做了什么 |
[40:27] | I did what I had to. | 我做了必需之事 |
[40:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[40:29] | After telling me you wouldn’t sign. | 你不是跟我说了不会签署的吗 |
[40:31] | After telling me you knew the edict was wrong. | 你不是告诉我那条法令不对吗 |
[40:34] | I realized that I could not rule | 我意识到 没有天主教 |
[40:36] | without the support of my Catholic nobles. | 贵族们的支持 我无法统治国家 |
[40:38] | Oh, spare me your lies and excuses. | 省省你那些谎言和借口吧 |
[40:43] | You are not the man I fell in love with. | 你不是我当初爱上的那个人了 |
[40:45] | And you are not the king I want to rule beside– | 我也不想跟你这样的国王一起统治国家 |
[40:47] | you are a coward. | 你就是个懦夫 |
[40:49] | Mary, everything that I have done… | 玛丽 我所做的一切… |
[40:51] | Enough, enough. | 够了 别说了 |
[40:54] | I gave you a chance. | 我给过你机会 |
[40:56] | I waited for the man I fell in love with to return. | 我等过你 等我当初爱上的人回来 |
[41:01] | But that man is dead | 但是那个人已经死了 |
[41:02] | and I am finished waiting for him. | 我以后也不会再等他了 |
[41:06] | If that is what you truly believe, then | 如果你真的这么想的话 |
[41:09] | perhaps you should return to Scotland. | 那你还是回苏格兰去吧 |
[41:14] | Leave me. | 离开我 |
[41:17] | Leave France. | 离开法国 |