时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – How did we die, Mother? – She suffocated you. | -我们怎么死的 母亲 -她让你们窒息而死 |
[00:05] | Do to Claude what she did to us. | 让克劳德也尝尝我们的痛苦 |
[00:07] | If you don’t do it, then we will, | 如果你不动手 那就我们来 |
[00:09] | and she will suffer. | 她一定会很痛苦 |
[00:10] | – Forgive me. – You’re burning up. | -原谅我 -你发烧了 |
[00:15] | The brand of the Three Dark Riders. | 黑暗三骑手的标记 |
[00:16] | They wanted me to know that whenever they choose, | 他们想让我知道无论何时 |
[00:18] | they can lift up my shirt | 他们都能掀开我的衣服 |
[00:19] | and demonize me. | 将我判成恶魔 |
[00:20] | Antoine. | 安托万 |
[00:21] | Little brother. | 弟弟啊 |
[00:23] | Your reports have grown briefer. | 你的报告越来越简短 |
[00:25] | And fewer. Why is that? | 越来越少了 为什么 |
[00:26] | I know I agreed to marry Claude | 我知道我同意为了法国 |
[00:28] | on behalf of France, | 与克劳德成婚 |
[00:29] | but I’ve realized I can’t. | 但是我做不到 |
[00:30] | I’ve fallen in love with a queen. | 我爱上了一个女王 |
[00:33] | You blame me for what happened. | 你将一切怪罪于我 |
[00:35] | I believe that we should lead separate lives. | 我觉得我们应该各自生活 |
[00:39] | Hang them all | 全部绞死 |
[00:40] | here in the courtyard, so the others can see what fate has | 就在院子里 以儆效尤 |
[00:42] | in store for those who would rise against us. | 让他们看看 反抗我们是什么下场 |
[00:47] | Go on, take it back now. | 继续 拿回来吧 |
[00:49] | Yeah, how much longer? It’s freezing. | 还要多久 太冷了 |
[00:50] | Careful with that one. | 小心点儿 |
[01:04] | I just can’t stop thinking about your sister. | 我一直在想你的妹妹 |
[01:07] | – Kenna… – I know she wasn’t well, | -肯娜… -我知道她那会儿不舒服 |
[01:09] | you were just taking her to her chamber. | 你只是送她回房间而已 |
[01:10] | I don’t know why I keep dwelling on it. | 我不知道为什么我就是一直在想 |
[01:12] | Then don’t. | 那就别想 |
[01:17] | It’s just, Claude is so pretty and so adventurous. | 克劳德那么漂亮又那么敢作敢为 |
[01:22] | She was in your arms… | 你抱着她… |
[01:24] | Kenna, please not now. | 肯娜 现在别想这个 |
[01:26] | It’s so silly of me to be so jealous. | 我这么嫉妒真傻 |
[01:28] | She’s your sister. | 她是你的妹妹 |
[01:32] | Half sister. | 半个妹妹 |
[01:33] | What? | 什么 |
[01:34] | Just being accurate. | 准确地说 |
[01:35] | We have different mothers. | 我们同父异母 |
[01:39] | Let’s not talk about our families. | 别谈论我们的家人了 |
[01:43] | An urgent matter, my lord. | 大人 有急事 |
[01:45] | Orders were to display the traitors for two weeks, | 命令是将叛国者示众两周 |
[01:47] | then cut them down. | 再将他们放下来 |
[01:48] | The good thing about this cold, there’s barely… | 天气冷也有好处 几乎不会… |
[01:50] | Get to the point. | 说重点 |
[01:51] | Well, some of them, their clothes are torn. | 有一些叛国者 他们的衣服被撕开了 |
[01:53] | You know how it is, my lord, the birds come and peck… | 你知道的 大人 鸟总飞来啄… |
[01:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:57] | So we saw it. | 所以我们看到了 |
[01:58] | Checked every body, it’s the same. | 查看了每具尸体 都是一样的 |
[02:00] | It’s in the same place on each traitor who stormed the castle. | 都在袭击城堡的叛国者身上同样的位置 |
[02:04] | Looks like the mark of the Dark Riders. | 似乎是黑暗骑手的标记 |
[02:08] | Cardinal Perazzo. | 佩拉索红衣主教 |
[02:10] | Cardinal Vasari told us rumors of these Dark Riders, | 瓦萨里红衣主教告诉我们黑暗骑手的传闻 |
[02:13] | but he thought it a tale for the credulous. | 但他认为这只是以讹传讹 |
[02:14] | What do you think happened? | 你们认为是怎么回事 |
[02:16] | The dead men are all Protestant traitors. | 这些都是新教叛徒 |
[02:18] | They all bear a mark. | 身上都有标记 |
[02:19] | Must be some secret seal, | 肯定是某种秘密标志 |
[02:21] | a pledge amongst their brotherhood. | 表达他们是同伙 |
[02:22] | You make a great deal of sense, Your Eminence. | 主教大人 您说得很有道理 |
[02:24] | They must have made up this story of the Dark Riders | 黑暗骑手的故事肯定是他们编的 |
[02:27] | to cover their tracks, should anyone spy the brand. | 掩盖行踪 不让人追查这个烙印 |
[02:29] | I’ll send my Swiss Guard to discover these traitors among us | 我会派我的瑞士近卫队找出这些叛徒 |
[02:32] | and root them out. | 除掉他们 |
[02:33] | Forgive me, Your Eminence, | 请恕罪 主教大人 |
[02:35] | but this is a matter for the King’s justice, | 这事关国王律法 |
[02:37] | and as I am the King’s deputy, | 我既为国王副手 |
[02:38] | I assure you I will handle it. | 就可向您保证 我会解决此事 |
[02:41] | After I gather evidence. | 给我时间收集证据吧 |
[02:42] | My son, | 我的孩子 |
[02:45] | these men are religious extremists, | 这些人是宗教极端分子 |
[02:46] | answerable to the ecclesiastical courts. | 由教会法院负责 |
[02:49] | You’re telling me to step aside? | 你这是在让我别管吗 |
[02:51] | Speak to your brother, the king. | 和你的国王弟弟谈谈吧 |
[02:53] | You’ll find he has no wish to challenge the Pope. | 他肯定不想和教皇对着干 |
[03:35] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[03:36] | Castle is freezing, | 城堡里很冷 |
[03:38] | and, as I suspected, your hearth’s gone cold. | 就像我所想的 你的壁炉已经灭了 |
[03:42] | I’ll only be a moment. | 我就待一会儿 |
[03:43] | How long are you going to keep playing this game? | 你还要耍这种把戏多久 |
[03:45] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[03:46] | I told you that we would lead separate lives. | 我说了我们得各自生活 |
[03:49] | And yet, every day or two, | 但是 每隔一两天 |
[03:50] | you come here with something to keep me more comfortable. | 你都会带东西过来给我 |
[03:54] | You don’t say anything, | 你什么也没说 |
[03:54] | but I can feel you pressing me to talk. | 但我感觉到你在逼我和你说话 |
[03:57] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[03:59] | I don’t expect you to talk to me | 我不期望你和我说话 |
[04:00] | or do anything you don’t wish to do. | 或这做你不想做的任何事 |
[04:05] | I was thinking, it might be good | 我在想 离开城堡一段时间 |
[04:06] | to get away from the castle for a while– | 对我来说可能比较好 |
[04:08] | away from the memories. | 避开那段回忆 |
[04:10] | I haven’t yet visited our chateau in Chambord. | 我还没去过我们的香波城堡呢 |
[04:12] | Well, that sounds like a very good idea. | 这主意不错 |
[04:16] | I’ll come with you, to make sure you’re safe. | 我和你一起去 保护你 |
[04:17] | I prefer to go alone. | 我想一个人去 |
[04:20] | Don’t you see, Francis? | 你不懂吗 弗朗西斯 |
[04:21] | If we go together, it will only give you hope. | 如果我们一起去 只会给你希望 |
[04:24] | Hope that things will return to the way they were. | 希望一切都能恢复原状 |
[04:27] | I don’t have hope. | 我没有希望 |
[04:29] | I know that I’m a constant reminder of what happened. | 我知道你看到我就会有不好的回忆 |
[04:33] | Additional guards then, to accompany you. | 那就多带点侍卫吧 陪你一起去 |
[04:37] | I’ll see to it. | 我帮你安排 |
[04:41] | Your Eminence, I’ve come to discuss the branded men. | 主教大人 我来谈谈那些身有标记的人 |
[04:44] | The matter is in hand. | 正在处理这事 |
[04:45] | Public notices displaying the brand | 告知标记样式的公告 |
[04:47] | are mounted throughout the area. | 已经分发粘贴出去了 |
[04:48] | My men are there to encourage neighbor | 我的人都在鼓励民众 |
[04:50] | to speak out against neighbor. | 互相揭发 |
[04:52] | Yes, but, as it happens, I’m not convinced | 但是 事发突然 我不敢确信 |
[04:54] | the bodies weren’t marked after death. | 那些标记是不是死后被标上的 |
[04:57] | Someone may be deliberately linking the brand with Protestants, | 有人可能有意将标记和新教徒联系在一起 |
[04:59] | using it to fan the flames of hate toward them. | 利用它来挑起民众对新教徒的怒火 |
[05:04] | Yes, come in. | 请进 |
[05:07] | Cardinal, forgive me. | 主教大人 请恕罪 |
[05:08] | But this noble lady has information concerning a traitor, | 但这位尊贵的女士似乎发现了叛国者 |
[05:11] | a man she saw who bears the mark. | 看到有人身上有标记 |
[05:13] | Go on, dear lady, unburden yourself. | 说吧 亲爱的女士 畅所欲言 |
[05:15] | I’m afraid I can only share this under the oath of confession. | 很抱歉 说之前我得先忏悔 |
[05:19] | As you know, the mark is hidden by clothing, so when I saw it, | 因为众所周知 标记是藏在衣内的 |
[05:23] | I’m afraid I was sinning at the time. | 所以看到之时 我是有罪的 |
[05:26] | I will hear your confession myself. | 我亲自倾听你的忏悔 |
[05:29] | May we have the room? | 请您配合 |
[05:34] | Are you sure that he’s all right? | 你确定他没事吗 |
[05:35] | The nannies say it’s common at this age. | 保姆说这么大这样很正常 |
[05:38] | They just won’t settle for days on end. | 老是一闹好几天 |
[05:40] | It goes away in time, | 过段时间就好了 |
[05:42] | all we can do is wait for it to pass. | 我们只能等 |
[05:44] | Well, let the nannies relieve you at least. | 至少让保姆来帮帮你 |
[05:46] | Where are they? | 她们去哪了 |
[05:48] | Perhaps it’s foolish, but… | 这听起来很傻 但是 |
[05:51] | Oh, I just don’t feel comfortable | 把他交给别人带 |
[05:52] | leaving him with someone else. | 我觉得很不舒服 |
[05:54] | Not since the attack on the castle. | 不是因为城堡受袭 |
[05:59] | Prince Conde has been accused of bearing the brand. | 有人举报康德王子身上带有标记 |
[06:02] | Who has accused him? | 谁举报的 |
[06:04] | I learned the news during confession; | 有人向我忏悔 里面提到了 |
[06:05] | my source must remain secret. | 来源不可告知 |
[06:07] | My penitent is a married lady. | 忏悔者是一名已婚女性 |
[06:10] | So Conde slept with that woman. | 所以康德是和那名女性上床了 |
[06:12] | Convenient she’s coming forward now, isn’t it? | 出来作证十分简单啊 不是吗 |
[06:15] | Conde is a good patriot, who’s helped the Crown. | 康德很爱国 帮了我不少 |
[06:17] | I struggle to see him as dangerous. | 我不信他有问题 |
[06:19] | I understand your reluctance, | 我们明白您的犹豫 |
[06:20] | but the matter is easily settled. | 但要解决此事很简单 |
[06:22] | My men will bring Prince Conde in, | 我的人将康德王子带上来 |
[06:25] | and we will see if he has the brand or not. | 我们现场查看他身上是否带有标记 |
[06:27] | If he does, he’ll hang. | 若有 就绞死他 |
[06:30] | To the carriage at once. | 马上去安排我的马车 |
[06:32] | Your Grace, as the new Captain of the Royal Escort, | 陛下 作为皇家护卫队的新队长 |
[06:35] | I am charged with providing your protection to Chambord. | 我来护送您去香波城堡 |
[06:37] | Chambord can wait. | 不急 |
[06:42] | Besides you, the only other person who saw the brand | 除了你 见过我身上标记的人 |
[06:44] | was a woman named Josephine. | 就只有一个叫约瑟芬的女人 |
[06:45] | Whom you slept with? | 你和她上床了吗 |
[06:46] | After you’d been branded? | 烙上标记之后 |
[06:48] | Yes. | 对 |
[06:49] | Uh, why are you taking your spurs? | 你拿马刺做什么 |
[06:51] | My horse is… | 我的马… |
[06:52] | No, forget your horse. | 别管你的马了 |
[06:53] | You’ll be arrested before you’ve gone half a mile. | 没骑出半里你就会被抓起来的 |
[06:56] | You’ll travel in my carriage– I will take you to Chambord. | 你乘我的马车 我带你去香波城堡 |
[06:58] | Your home in Conde is the first place they’ll look for you. | 你在康德的老家肯定是他们第一个查的地方 |
[07:00] | And if someone finds out we’re traveling together, | 如果有人发现我们一起出行 |
[07:02] | Chambord will be the next place they look. | 香波城堡就是他们下一个要查的地方 |
[07:04] | If only we could get you to your brother, the King of Navarre. | 如果能把你送到你哥哥那里就好了 纳瓦拉国王 |
[07:07] | But the roads along the border will be crawling with Swiss guards. | 但边境线上肯定都是瑞士近卫队的人 |
[07:09] | My brother’s not in Navarre. | 我哥哥不在纳瓦拉 |
[07:10] | There’s an estate one day’s ride south from here. | 他在离这里往南一天路程的一处庄园里 |
[07:12] | It belongs to a friend of Antoine’s. | 是安托万的一个朋友的 |
[07:13] | He winters there often. | 他经常在那里过冬 |
[07:14] | If we can get you there, | 如果我们能把你送到那里 |
[07:15] | you can travel to Navarre under his protection. | 你就能在他的保护下到纳瓦拉去 |
[07:18] | Prince Conde. | 康德王子 |
[07:19] | By word of Cardinal Perazzo, we demand you open up. | 佩拉索红衣主教的命令 快开门 |
[07:21] | Quick, to my carriage. | 快 上我的马车 |
[07:23] | It’s in the alley, out of sight. | 在小巷子里 没人看见 |
[07:35] | My God, I’ve missed the way you mix garlic with arsenic. | 老天 我真想念你将砒霜碾进蒜泥里的样子 |
[07:41] | Oh, you’ll exhaust yourself flattering me. | 你真是不遗余力地在恭维我啊 |
[07:44] | Death made me lovesick. | 死亡让我得了相思病 |
[07:46] | It’s cold there in the dark. | 黑暗里太冷了 |
[07:47] | But you… you are downright toasty. | 但你 你真温暖啊 |
[07:54] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[07:56] | Don’t be stingy. | 别这么小家子气 |
[07:57] | Claude’s a healthy young woman. | 克劳德可是个健康的姑娘 |
[07:58] | It’ll take a lot more to bring her down. | 这么点儿可放不倒她 |
[08:01] | Slowly poisoning her protects me from getting caught. | 让她慢慢中毒 我才不会被抓到啊 |
[08:06] | Is that what this is really about, hmm? | 真的是这样吗 |
[08:09] | Not getting caught? | 只因为不被抓到吗 |
[08:14] | She’s our child. | 她是我们的孩子 |
[08:17] | So are the twins. | 双胞胎也是 |
[08:20] | And since I’ll be with them for eternity, | 我将永远和她们在一起 |
[08:23] | I take their wish for vengeance into account. | 所以要为她们实现复仇心愿啊 |
[08:27] | Claude was only five when she murdered the twins. | 杀了双胞胎时 克劳德才五岁 |
[08:30] | She didn’t know right from wrong. | 根本无法明辨是非 |
[08:32] | God must take these things into consideration. | 上帝会考虑这一点的 |
[08:36] | I don’t doubt Claude will go to Heaven. | 克劳德一定会上天堂的 |
[08:39] | And believe me, she’ll get more mercy from God than the twins. | 相信我 对比双胞胎 上帝会给予她更多慈悲 |
[08:44] | You’ve felt their power, | 你已经感受过她们的力量了 |
[08:46] | haven’t you, Catherine? | 是吗 凯瑟琳 |
[08:48] | Yes. | 是 |
[08:50] | See, when they decide to take her, it won’t be quick. | 如果她们决定要她性命 肯定会慢慢折磨 |
[08:55] | You’ll wish you’d done it yourself, | 你不会想让她们动手的 |
[08:59] | and sooner. | 你想快点结束吧 |
[09:05] | Ah, Kenna. | 啊 肯娜 |
[09:07] | With death comes wisdom. | 死亡让我恢复理智 |
[09:10] | What did I ever see in her? | 我以前看中了她什么 |
[09:11] | Well, it was her ass. | 屁股呗 |
[09:12] | You mentioned it many times. | 你说过很多次了 |
[09:15] | Are you talking to me? | 你在和我说话吗 |
[09:18] | Why would I talk to you? | 我为什么要和你说话 |
[09:20] | You just said something about my ass. | 你刚说了什么我的屁股 |
[09:22] | Not everything is about your ass, Kenna. | 肯娜 不是谁都想要你的屁股 |
[09:25] | Move it out of the way. | 把你的屁股挪一边儿去 |
[09:32] | Oh, dear. | 亲爱的 |
[09:39] | Oh, no. | 天 |
[09:42] | This soup will make you feel better. | 这汤会让你感觉好点儿的 |
[09:48] | Poison? | 毒吗 |
[09:49] | You weren’t there, that soup just didn’t smell right. | 你不在那里 那汤闻起来不对劲 |
[09:51] | Besides, why is Catherine bringing all of Claude’s meals herself? | 再说了 为什么凯瑟琳自己给克劳德送饭 |
[09:54] | And she wiped the blood away from Claude’s nose | 她还帮克劳德把鼻血给擦了 |
[09:56] | before the girl could even see it. | 免得她自己看到 |
[09:58] | People do get bloody noses. | 人时不时都会流鼻血啊 |
[09:59] | Yes, just like that Neapolitan count’s men, | 是啊 就像那些那不勒斯伯爵的人 |
[10:02] | whom Catherine also poisoned. | 凯瑟琳就是这么毒杀了他们 |
[10:04] | Catherine has been acting odd lately. | 凯瑟琳最近怪怪的 |
[10:05] | But killing her own child? | 但她怎么会杀自己的孩子 |
[10:09] | She lives for her children, | 她是为孩子们而活的女人 |
[10:10] | no matter how she argues with them. | 无论她和他们怎么吵都不会变 |
[10:15] | If you think Claude’s in danger, | 如果你觉得克劳德有危险 |
[10:17] | do what I do. | 就像我一样 |
[10:18] | Challenge Catherine to a duel? | 和凯瑟琳决斗吗 |
[10:20] | Gather evidence. | 收集证据啦 |
[10:22] | Test your theory. | 检验你的想法 |
[10:29] | Mary, Queen of France and Scotland. | 法国王后及苏格兰女王 玛丽 |
[10:33] | Prince Louis of Conde | 康德王子 |
[10:35] | and Lady Castleroy. | 以及卡斯尔雷夫人 |
[10:37] | Brother, | 弟弟 |
[10:38] | what a delightful surprise. | 真是个惊喜啊 |
[10:40] | Now, Queen Mary, | 玛丽王后 |
[10:41] | it is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. | 很高兴终于认识你了 |
[10:43] | Louis speaks very highly of you. | 路易对你评价很高啊 |
[10:46] | King Antoine, I apologize for us | 安托万国王 请原谅我们 |
[10:47] | dropping in on you unannounced. | 未经告知突然造访 |
[10:49] | Nonsense. You were just announced. | 胡说 不是刚刚通报了吗 |
[10:52] | In fact, as you can see, | 而且正如你所见 |
[10:53] | we’re planning a gathering here tonight. | 我们今晚正在聚会呢 |
[10:56] | You’ll grant us the privilege of being our guest of honor? | 我们能有这个荣幸邀请你当贵宾吗 |
[10:58] | Uh, we wouldn’t want to delay the queen, Antoine. | 安托万 我们不能拖王后在这 |
[11:00] | I was planning on continuing my journey. | 我要继续我的行程 |
[11:03] | Well, not without a rest for your horses, surely? | 不让你的马歇一会儿吗 |
[11:05] | And somewhere to sleep? | 你不在这里休息一晚上吗 |
[11:06] | Oh, come, how often do | 来吧 法国王后 |
[11:08] | the queen of France and the king of Navarre get to meet? | 和纳瓦拉国王可不经常见面啊 |
[11:11] | Grace us with your friendship. | 让我们有这个荣幸与王后缔结友谊吧 |
[11:13] | Allow our two nations to share more than just a border. | 这样两国可就不仅仅共享一条边境线而已了 |
[11:16] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:17] | I would be honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[11:18] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[11:19] | We’ll ready you a chamber at once. | 我们马上帮你安排房间 |
[11:21] | Louis? | 路易斯 |
[11:22] | Let’s get you settled in, shall we? | 先带你去安顿一下吧 |
[11:27] | You were supposed to be getting close to Francis. | 你要接近的是弗朗西斯 |
[11:28] | My eyes and ears. | 当我的耳目 |
[11:30] | Yet you’re here, absconding with his wife. | 但你倒好 把他的妻子拐到这来了 |
[11:33] | How do you think he’ll respond to that? | 你觉得他会有什么反应呢 |
[11:34] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我别无选择 |
[11:36] | What could possibly have prevented you from…? | 什么事能把你… |
[11:44] | They weren’t able to arrest Conde. | 他们没抓到康德 |
[11:46] | He’d already got word and fled. | 他已经得到消息逃走了 |
[11:48] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[11:49] | I questioned one of Conde’s servants. | 我问过康德的仆人 |
[11:51] | And finally got him to understand | 终于让他相信 |
[11:52] | we were friends of his master. | 我们是他主人的仆人 |
[11:53] | He said that Conde escaped in Mary’s carriage. | 他说康德乘玛丽的马车逃走了 |
[11:57] | Mary got him away? | 玛丽带他逃走了 |
[11:59] | So she just swooped in and grabbed him | 所以她就在罗马教廷的眼皮子底下 |
[12:00] | under the Vatican’s nose. | 这么把人带走人 |
[12:03] | I wonder where she’s taking him. | 不知道她把他带哪去了 |
[12:05] | She has the heart of a warrior. | 她真是个勇士啊 |
[12:08] | Yes, despite everything that’s happened. | 是啊 尽管发生了这么多事 |
[12:13] | You know. | 你知道了 |
[12:15] | Kenna was troubled and needed to talk. | 肯娜不得不向我倾诉 |
[12:18] | Is Mary all right? I’ve been worried. | 玛丽还好吗 我很担心 |
[12:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:26] | It’s my fault. | 是我的错 |
[12:28] | Every choice I made led to what happened. | 是我的选择导致了这个结果 |
[12:31] | They were Narcisse’s choices. | 是纳西斯的选择 |
[12:32] | But now that he is out of the picture, | 但现在他已经是过去时了 |
[12:33] | it’s still Mary that’s doing what must be done. | 所有该做的事情都是玛丽在做 |
[12:36] | It’s time that I worked with her. | 我是时候协助她了 |
[12:38] | She’s fighting the cardinal’s witch hunt. And I must, too. | 她在跟红衣主教的政治迫害抗争 我也必须加入 |
[12:41] | You can’t go to war against the Vatican, | 你不能跟罗马教廷对抗 |
[12:43] | Francis, you know that. | 这点你清楚 弗朗西斯 |
[12:44] | There must be some way to at least loosen their grip. | 总有办法松动他们的控制 |
[12:47] | When Mary returns, I don’t want her to see me cowed and powerless, | 等玛丽回来 我不想让她看到我软弱无用 |
[12:50] | pretending that I am blind to injustice. | 装作对不公正视若无睹 |
[12:52] | I want her to see the man and the king she thought she married. | 我希望她看到她心目中的那个男人 那位国王 |
[12:58] | Cardinal Perazzo claims the brand | 佩拉索红衣主教说那个标记 |
[13:00] | is the infallible sign of a Protestant traitor. | 明确意味着叛变的新教徒 |
[13:03] | But I wonder | 但我很好奇 |
[13:04] | how he’d explain it | 他会如何解释 |
[13:06] | if a loyal Catholic were branded. | 一个忠诚的天主教徒被标记 |
[13:28] | I sent a page to your quarters. | 我让仆人给你送消息了 |
[13:29] | He said you weren’t receiving messages. | 可是他说你没收到 |
[13:32] | I was preparing for the party. | 我当时在为晚宴做准备 |
[13:34] | That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 我正要跟你说这事 |
[13:36] | You shouldn’t stay just to be polite. | 你不该出于礼貌而留下 |
[13:39] | My brother’s parties have a tendency to become somewhat scandalous. | 我哥哥的晚宴相当暧昧露骨 |
[13:43] | Well, now I’m intrigued. | 那我倒是感兴趣了 |
[14:03] | This is awkward. | 太尴尬了 |
[14:04] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[14:05] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家的到来 |
[14:07] | A toast to our guest of honor. | 敬我们的贵宾 |
[14:09] | Queen Mary, you’re radiant. | 玛丽王后 你真是光彩照人 |
[14:11] | Like Venus rising from the foam-flecked sea. | 像从翻涌海涛中升起的女神维纳斯 |
[14:18] | And tonight… | 今晚 |
[14:19] | I will select one nobleman and one lady. | 我会选一位贵族和一位女士 |
[14:22] | Now, they may be married, | 也许他们已成家 |
[14:24] | but not to each other. | 但不是跟对方 |
[14:27] | It is to your benefit to wear your hearts on your sleeves tonight | 你们可以借此机会表明心迹 |
[14:30] | because my game, as always, | 因为我的游戏 一如既往 |
[14:32] | will be to pair those who share a secret desire for each other. | 给两位私下爱慕的爱侣配对的机会 |
[14:36] | For my first couple, | 我选的第一对 |
[14:38] | I call upon Lord Lepine… | 有请勒平伯爵 |
[14:42] | and Lady Malbouef. | 马尔蓓芙夫人 |
[15:06] | I’m beginning to see why your brother’s wife | 我算是明白了 为何你哥哥的妻子 |
[15:08] | prefers to remain in Navarre. | 执意要留在纳瓦拉 |
[15:11] | Good heavens. | 老天啊 |
[15:13] | What if the king chooses me to be paired with someone? | 万一国王把我跟其他人配对怎么办 |
[15:16] | We should leave. | 我们还是走吧 |
[15:17] | Yes, uh, one of us should leave. | 是啊 我们俩得离开一人 |
[15:20] | The married one. | 结了婚的走吧 |
[15:23] | Good night, then. | 那晚安吧 |
[15:29] | I think I may retire to my chambers. | 我想我该回房间了 |
[15:31] | My curiosity has been satisfied. | 我的好奇心已满足 |
[15:33] | And I don’t think this is an appropriate party | 而且这个晚宴不适合我单独参加 |
[15:36] | for me to attend without my husband. | 我该跟丈夫一起来 |
[15:48] | Where are you off to, brother? | 你要去哪儿啊 兄弟 |
[15:50] | Why don’t I have a normal family? | 我怎么就没有个正常家庭呢 |
[15:52] | Well, because you’re a prince of the blood | 因为你身为皇族 |
[15:53] | and the brother of a king. | 还是国王的弟弟 |
[15:54] | You’re not charming me tonight. | 我不喜欢你今晚的言行 |
[15:55] | Well, then may I apologize? | 那我该道歉了 |
[15:57] | I was wrong earlier. | 之前是我错了 |
[15:59] | Bringing Mary here was a brilliant idea. | 带玛丽来真是明智选择 |
[16:02] | Navarre is like you at French court, | 纳瓦拉的现状就像你在法国宫廷 |
[16:03] | a small Protestant presence, | 一个渺小的新教徒 |
[16:05] | surrounded by powerful Catholics. | 被强势的天主教徒所包围 |
[16:07] | And Spain on one side of us, France on the other. | 西班牙和法国将我们夹击 |
[16:10] | To survive, we must know every step | 为了生存 我们必须知道 |
[16:12] | our friendly neighbors are taking. | 睦邻们每一步的计划 |
[16:14] | I already know why you need me to spy. | 我知道你为什么要我做间谍 |
[16:15] | Forget Francis. He’s a Catholic hardliner. | 别管弗朗西斯了 他是天主教忠诚拥趸者 |
[16:18] | There’s enough blood spilled to make that clear. | 为这事已经有太多人牺牲了 |
[16:19] | We’ll never win him over. | 我们动摇不了他 |
[16:21] | But Mary, you say, is open. | 但是玛丽 可作切入点 |
[16:24] | A sympathizer. | 她心肠软 |
[16:27] | Mary is the royal you should be getting close to. | 你应该接近玛丽 |
[16:29] | Are you asking me to seduce the queen of France? | 你是要我色诱法国王后吗 |
[16:32] | She has influence over her husband. | 她有能力左右她的丈夫 |
[16:34] | No. | 不行 |
[16:35] | Oh, come now. | 得了吧 |
[16:37] | She saved you at her own risk. | 她为救你担了多大的风险 |
[16:39] | She clearly likes you. | 她绝对喜欢你 |
[16:41] | Now, take her to your bed. | 把她骗上床 |
[16:43] | They all fall in love with you after that. | 跟你上过床的都会爱上你 |
[16:45] | And once she falls, the rest will follow. | 她一旦对你动心 一切都好办了 |
[16:50] | Mary has no romantic feelings for me. | 玛丽对我没感觉 |
[16:52] | – You never changed a woman’s mind before? – It’s not possible. | -获得女人心不是你所擅长的吗 -这次办不到 |
[16:55] | This is not even close to the right time. | 时机远远没到 |
[16:57] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[17:00] | Look. | 听我说 |
[17:02] | I’m just not interested in her. | 我对她就是没兴趣 |
[17:05] | To be honest, she’s a bit prudish for my tastes. | 说实话 我觉得她太呆板了 |
[17:18] | I heard you were ill, | 听说你生病了 |
[17:20] | so I put together some of the finest cheeses and croissants | 我带了些上等的奶酪和牛角面包 |
[17:22] | to help you feel better. | 希望你能好受点 |
[17:23] | Perhaps I might read to you as well. | 要不我给你念书吧 |
[17:26] | Have you heard of this fellow Chaucer? | 你知道乔叟吗 |
[17:38] | This is a barbarous country. | 这是个野蛮的国家 |
[17:39] | I hope our next assignment’s in Italy. | 希望我们下个任务是在意大利 |
[17:43] | If that’s a hint, put it out of your mind. | 如果你有想法 还是趁早打消吧 |
[17:45] | We go where the Pope sends us. | 教皇说哪里 我们去哪里 |
[17:47] | Perhaps one day… | 也许有一天 |
[17:48] | when you’ve climbed so high that no one will bring you down. | 我的地位会至高无上 无人企及 |
[17:51] | No one climbs that high. | 没人能到那种地位 |
[17:53] | Prince Conde is the most prominent Protestant in France. | 康德王子是法国最有名的新教徒 |
[17:56] | If you can bring him in, discredit him, | 如果谁能诱骗他 让他声名扫地 |
[17:58] | the Pope will show you favor. | 教皇会一定大加奖赏 |
[18:00] | Who knows where that could lead? | 说不好会有多飞黄腾达 |
[18:02] | There’s only one rung above cardinal. | 凌驾于红衣教主之上的 只有一个位置 |
[18:04] | Your dreams do reach high. | 你真是野心勃勃 |
[18:08] | I’ll be sure I’m not seen. | 我不会让别人察觉的 |
[18:58] | For my next selection, the lovely | 下一对 可爱的 |
[19:01] | Lady Atley… | 阿特莉小姐 |
[19:04] | and the Prince of Conde. | 和康德王子 |
[19:06] | Another of your games? | 你又要胡闹了 |
[19:08] | Well, you told me you that weren’t interested in Mary. | 你只说你对玛丽不感兴趣 |
[19:10] | Not that you’d given up living. | 但生活情趣还是要有的 |
[19:13] | Or is it that only one woman could satisfy? | 或者说 试试看是不是非她不可 |
[19:22] | I hope this isn’t unwelcome to you. | 希望没有冒犯到你 |
[19:24] | You seem more surprised than pleased. | 你看上去惊讶多于欣喜啊 |
[19:27] | I was surprised the king paired us. | 我惊讶国王选我们配对 |
[19:29] | I didn’t know he was aware of my attraction to you. | 我以为他不知道我对你的爱慕 |
[19:33] | You’re very polite, but I… | 你很守礼 但我… |
[19:42] | That gathering downstairs is awful. | 楼下的那场聚会真可怕 |
[19:44] | King Antoine has a lot of nerve, inviting a woman like you… | 安托万国王真胆大 邀请你这种地位的… |
[19:47] | It’s not the party. | 无关晚宴 |
[19:49] | It’s not anything here | 无关这里的一切 |
[19:51] | or at home. | 无关在家的一切 |
[19:54] | It’s me. | 是我的原因 |
[19:56] | Everything feels so distant. | 在我看来 一切都那么淡漠 |
[19:58] | And I cling to that distance, Greer. | 而我不得不跟人保持距离 葛瑞尔 |
[20:02] | I can’t stand any man trying to touch me. | 我忍受不了任何想碰我的男人 |
[20:04] | Even a courteous touch of the hand. | 即使是礼节性的握手 |
[20:06] | It’s normal. | 很正常 |
[20:09] | After what happened. | 你的经历留下了阴影 |
[20:11] | It will pass. | 会过去的 |
[20:13] | Will it? | 会吗 |
[20:15] | How do we know what’s normal? | 我们怎么确定这情绪是正常的 |
[20:18] | All I have to go on is Catherine. | 我只能步凯瑟琳的后尘 |
[20:22] | If there are any other noblewomen who have been… | 如果哪位贵族夫人也被… |
[20:26] | Well, they’re keeping it to themselves. | 她们会保守秘密 自己承受 |
[20:29] | As am I. | 我也是 |
[20:32] | All of us alone. | 我们都是孤身一人 |
[20:36] | What if this is what my life | 如果从此我的生活 |
[20:37] | is going to be like from now on? | 就这样了 该怎么办 |
[20:40] | That’s not true. | 不会的 |
[20:43] | You will recover fully. | 你会恢复过来的 |
[20:44] | Because you’re strong. | 你很坚强 |
[20:46] | I don’t feel strong. | 我感觉不到自己的坚强 |
[20:50] | I feel like I’m sleepwalking | 我觉得自己仿佛在梦游 |
[20:53] | and I don’t know how to wake up. | 却不知道如何醒来 |
[20:57] | If your heart wants to sleep, | 若你的心想醒来 |
[21:00] | let it. | 听从它 |
[21:02] | Many things can be forced out of duty. | 很多事情都是迫于责任不得不为 |
[21:05] | But not the heart. | 但心是自由的 |
[21:14] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[21:15] | Well, your body tells a different story. | 你的身体可不是这么说的 |
[21:17] | You’re beautiful, Lady Atley. | 你很漂亮 阿特莉小姐 |
[21:19] | But… another holds my heart. | 但 我已心有所属 |
[21:23] | I can’t get her out of my mind. | 我无法忘了她 |
[21:25] | You love her, but you can’t have her, can you? | 你爱她却得不到她 对吗 |
[21:28] | Well, that’s when a man becomes truly obsessed. | 往往这样 男人才最为痴情 |
[21:31] | What a pity. | 多可惜 |
[21:33] | A man like you should not go unclaimed. | 像你这样的男人不应该名草无主 |
[21:40] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[21:44] | Now I’m her. | 把我当成她 |
[21:52] | I’ve watched you for so long. | 我一直在看着你 |
[21:55] | Never daring to speak. | 却不敢上前搭话 |
[21:59] | I want everything you want, | 我想你之所想 |
[22:02] | everything you imagined. | 愿你之所愿 |
[22:17] | Oh… you again. | 又是你 |
[22:18] | Well, you seem more talkative. | 你变得多话啦 |
[22:20] | You look better, too. | 看起来好多了 |
[22:22] | No new meals from your mother? | 你母亲没给你送饭了吗 |
[22:23] | Not since a clumsy visitor knocked over the last two. | 某个笨手笨脚的人撞翻两次之后她就不送了 |
[22:26] | Sorry about that. I’m all thumbs. | 真抱歉 我真是够笨的 |
[22:28] | Try the brie. It’s delicious. | 布里干酪 很好吃 |
[22:33] | Why am I your patient? | 为什么是你在照顾我 |
[22:35] | Are you a healer? No. | 你会治疗吗 才不会 |
[22:37] | Did I ask for your help? No. | 我要你帮忙了吗 才没有 |
[22:40] | My mother’s taking perfectly good care of me. | 我母亲能好好照顾我 |
[22:42] | You are so foolish! | 你怎么这么蠢 |
[22:44] | Catherine is poisoning you, | 凯瑟琳在给你下毒 |
[22:45] | and I’m trying to save your life! | 我在努力救你的命好吗 |
[22:46] | What? How dare you suggest… | 什么 你怎么敢… |
[22:49] | Think about it. Catherine’s soup… | 想想吧 凯瑟琳的汤… |
[22:51] | when did you first eat it? | 你是什么时候第一次喝 |
[22:52] | When did you first start feeling ill? | 你又是什么时候开始觉得不舒服的 |
[22:54] | And how have you felt since I took it away from you? | 我故意不让你喝之后你又感觉如何 |
[22:56] | You feel better, don’t you? | 感觉好多了 不是吗 |
[22:57] | Or, at least good enough to act the horrid bitch | 至少有力气变回泼妇耍贱了 |
[23:00] | and only after you’ve eaten the safe food that I’ve brought you. | 而这都是在吃了我给你的安全食物之后 |
[23:03] | Get out of here. | 滚出去 |
[23:05] | Has Catherine ever been this solicitous of you before? | 凯瑟琳之前这么关心过你吗 |
[23:07] | Get out. | 出去 |
[23:08] | I can’t imagine how it must feel. | 我无法想象那是什么感受 |
[23:11] | For your own mother to want you dead. | 你的亲生母亲想让你死 |
[23:13] | I’m so sorry, Claude, I truly am. | 我为你难过 克劳德 真的 |
[23:15] | What do you know? | 你知道什么 |
[23:17] | You’re only a tart my father lost his taste for | 你只是我父亲玩剩的 |
[23:19] | and pawned off on his bastard son! | 丢给他私生子的妓女而已 |
[23:21] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉啊 |
[23:25] | You think you’re so clever! | 你自以为聪明 |
[23:27] | You think you know me so well! | 自以为很了解我 |
[23:30] | Well, if you knew anything, | 如果你这么厉害 |
[23:31] | you’d know that Bash and I were lovers. | 就该知道巴斯和我曾经是恋人 |
[23:37] | What is the meaning of this? | 这什么意思 |
[23:38] | I was told my cleric Randall was arrested. | 我听说我的兰德尔牧师被抓了 |
[23:40] | A servant informed on him. | 一个仆人告发他 |
[23:42] | He was seen placing a bandage over the mark of his guilt. | 他被看到正在用绷带掩盖他的标记 |
[23:46] | He’s one of them. | 他也是其中之一 |
[23:47] | A radical. | 是一个极端分子 |
[23:48] | I was branded against my will! I was attacked! | 我是被人烙上印记的 有人袭击我 |
[23:51] | Who attacked you? | 谁袭击了你 |
[23:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:53] | Uh… he wore a hooded cloak. | 他穿着连帽斗篷 |
[23:55] | You see? All he has are fairy stories of Dark Riders. | 看到了吗 他满口都是黑暗骑手的谎言 |
[23:58] | You won’t deceive the cardinal with that. | 你不能用这话蒙骗红衣主教 |
[24:00] | This is my cleric, | 他是我的牧师 |
[24:01] | a man I’ve known for years. | 我已认识他多年 |
[24:03] | His loyalty is indisputable! | 他的忠诚无可争议 |
[24:05] | No one’s loyalty is that, I’m afraid. | 恐怕没有人的忠诚是这样的吧 |
[24:08] | Take him to the dungeon, | 带他去地牢 |
[24:09] | let the torturers do their work. | 进行拷问 |
[24:11] | Your-Your Majesty, | 陛 陛下 |
[24:13] | this is an ecclesiastical matter. | 这是教会方面的事物 |
[24:15] | I’ll have the man questioned myself. | 我带回去自己审 |
[24:17] | No, I insist. | 不 我坚持我来 |
[24:19] | I want to show the Pope | 我要向教皇表明 |
[24:20] | that no nation is more loyal to him than France. | 法国对他才是最为忠诚的 |
[24:23] | Listen, please… please! | 听我说 求您了 求求您 |
[24:25] | I wounded my attacker! | 我伤了袭击者 |
[24:27] | Search the castle for someone with a cut on his right arm! | 在城堡搜查右臂上有伤的人 |
[24:31] | I know this must be a blow. | 我知道这肯定是个打击 |
[24:33] | Your trusted cleric. | 是你所信任的牧师 |
[24:34] | But you yourself laid out the logic of what the brand means, | 但是你自己为标记所下的定义 |
[24:38] | and we must accept the truth, however hard. | 无论多艰难 我们都必须接受事实 |
[24:41] | Unless you’ve changed your mind about your theory. | 除非你改变你的说法 |
[24:44] | But you were adamant earlier. | 但你此前那么坚定 |
[24:50] | I will pray for Randall’s soul. | 我会为兰德尔的灵魂祷告 |
[24:54] | Excuse me. | 容我告退 |
[25:00] | Is he really going to let us go through with this? | 他真的会让我们把这事做到底吗 |
[25:01] | There’s still time. | 还有时间 |
[25:03] | Right now, he’s in shock, but let him live with the picture | 现在他刚受到打击 让他在心里慢慢感受 |
[25:05] | of what will happen to Randall. | 兰德尔将要承受的一切吧 |
[25:06] | – He’ll back down. – And if he doesn’t? | -他会让步的 -如果他不让步呢 |
[25:09] | I know that he and Randall are lovers; | 我知道他和兰德尔是恋人 |
[25:10] | it’s the worst kept secret in France. | 这是法国最不可告人的秘密 |
[25:12] | But that doesn’t guarantee he actually cares. | 但这并不能保证他真的在乎 |
[25:14] | I believe he does care for him. | 我相信他在乎 |
[25:16] | I hope you’re right. | 希望你是对的 |
[25:18] | Otherwise, we’ll have to execute an innocent man. | 否则我们就必须处死一名无辜的人 |
[25:39] | I came to say good-bye. | 我是来告别的 |
[25:42] | After tonight, I’m sure you don’t wish to linger. | 经过今晚 相信你并不想在此逗留 |
[25:45] | Thank you for helping me. | 谢谢你帮我 |
[25:47] | I was glad to do it. | 我很高兴能帮到你 |
[25:50] | Will you really go back to French court | 你离开香波城堡之后 |
[25:51] | – when you leave Chambord? – Where else would I go? | -还会回法国宫廷吗 -要不然我去哪 |
[25:53] | Have you considered Scotland? | 苏格兰呢 |
[25:56] | You might be safer there than France. | 你在那里会比在法国更安全 |
[25:58] | There is unrest in both countries. | 两个国家都有动乱 |
[25:59] | But here you have a husband whose decisions endanger you. | 但在这里 你丈夫的决定陷你于危险境地 |
[26:03] | I’m sorry, but it’s true. | 我很遗憾 但这是事实 |
[26:05] | If it is true or not, it is for me to deal with. | 这是事实与否 都由我来决定 |
[26:08] | There are things you don’t know about my marriage, | 关于我的婚姻 你并非事事知晓 |
[26:10] | things I will not share with you. | 总有一些是我不会与你分享的 |
[26:11] | I admire your loyalty, but… | 我钦佩你的忠诚 但… |
[26:13] | You have no idea what Francis’ intentions are, | 你根本不明白弗朗西斯的目的 |
[26:16] | or how he’s suffering because of what happened. | 或者他所承受的痛苦 |
[26:24] | But beyond that, | 除此之外 |
[26:26] | I don’t trust your motives in this advice. | 我无法信任你这建议是出于好意 |
[26:30] | I read your letter. | 我读过你的信 |
[26:32] | Oh, you never said… | 你从未说过… |
[26:33] | Because I know that you tried to get that letter back. | 因为我知道你想把信拿回去 |
[26:36] | One of the servants you sent to retrieve it told me so. | 你派来取回信件的仆人之一告诉我了 |
[26:39] | You wished that letter had never been sent, | 你希望这信从未存在过 |
[26:40] | and I respected your wishes. | 所以我尊重你的意愿 |
[26:42] | I wrote that letter thinking I’d never see you again. | 我写那封信是因为我以为再也不会见到你了 |
[26:43] | That was not an attempt at seduction. | 并非为了勾引你 |
[26:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:47] | None of us are responsible for our hearts, | 我们都不必为自己的心负责 |
[26:50] | only our actions. | 只需为自己的行为负责 |
[26:52] | I’m not accusing you of anything. | 我并非在指责你什么 |
[26:54] | There isn’t much to say, is there? | 那就没什么好说的了 不是吗 |
[26:56] | I suppose honesty does that. | 我想就这样吧 |
[26:59] | Good-bye, then. | 再见了 |
[27:02] | If we meet again, it’ll be at a distance, | 你我再相见 应该隔着相当的距离吧 |
[27:03] | at some court gathering somewhere. | 在宫廷聚会什么的 |
[27:06] | Good-bye, Prince Conde. | 再见 康德王子 |
[27:09] | May you have better fortune than France has offered you thus far. | 愿你收获更多 远比法国给你的更多 |
[27:27] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[27:28] | I’ve been waiting and waiting. | 我都快等哭了 |
[27:30] | What have I missed? | 怎么了 |
[27:32] | Well, for one, your sister Claude told me that you were lovers. | 比如 你克劳德妹妹说你们之前是恋人 |
[27:37] | Half sister, | 半个妹妹 |
[27:38] | and it was years ago. | 很多年前的事了 |
[27:40] | We were very young, very drunk, | 我们年轻不懂事 喝得酩酊大醉 |
[27:42] | and Claude managed to briefly convince me | 克劳德使诈骗我 |
[27:45] | that Henry wasn’t her father. | 说亨利不是她的父亲 |
[27:47] | Well, now I understand your insistence on the word “Half.” | 我才明白你为什么要强调只有一半血缘了 |
[27:51] | It was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[27:53] | A very brief mistake. | 一个很短暂的错误 |
[27:54] | And once I learned she was lying, it never happened again. | 一旦我拆穿她的谎言 就再也没发生过 |
[27:57] | I was mortified. | 我当时深感羞愧 |
[27:58] | There is nothing between Claude and me, | 克劳德和我之间没有什么 |
[28:00] | and what little there was– it’s long in the past. | 就算有 也早已被深埋过往了 |
[28:02] | I feel like such a fool. | 我觉得自己简直是个傻子 |
[28:04] | I tried to be her friend. | 我试图成为她的朋友 |
[28:06] | When she was cold to me, | 她对我冷眼相对时 |
[28:07] | I thought it was because of my past with Henry. | 我还以为是因为我跟亨利的过往 |
[28:09] | But no, it was your past. | 但其实是因为你的过往 |
[28:11] | Your secret. | 你的秘密 |
[28:13] | What happened? Are you all right? | 发生什么了 你没事吧 |
[28:15] | It’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[28:16] | I was riding and I fell. It’s just a scrape. | 我骑马的时候掉下来了 只是擦伤而已 |
[28:18] | That’s not a scrape. That’s a cut from a blade. | 才不是什么擦伤 明明是刀伤 |
[28:20] | You’re lying to me. | 你对我说谎 |
[28:23] | Yes, I am, Kenna. | 我是在说谎 肯娜 |
[28:24] | Now, please stop questioning me, | 所以别再质问我了 |
[28:27] | because I can’t answer. | 因为我不能如实回答 |
[28:28] | Claude is “Nothing.” | 克洛德的事”没什么” |
[28:29] | Your wound is “Nothing.” | 你的伤也”没什么” |
[28:30] | If they were nothing, you would talk to me. | 如果真没什么 你就会跟我说实话了 |
[28:33] | I’ve shared so many things with you… | 我向你坦露心声 毫无保留 |
[28:34] | how trapped I felt with your father, | 我在你父亲身边的禁锢感 |
[28:36] | how scared, how ashamed… | 那种害怕及羞愧的心境 |
[28:38] | You want honesty? Very well. | 你想听实话对吧 那好吧 |
[28:40] | I got this cut while framing an innocent man | 我会受伤是因为陷害了无辜的人 |
[28:42] | who’s probably going to die. | 他可能会因此丧命 |
[28:44] | And I did this for what they call “The greater good.” | 我会这么做 是为了所谓的”大局”着想 |
[28:47] | I kill when it’s expedient. | 我将杀人当做权宜之计 |
[28:49] | I lie when it’s expedient. | 撒谎也是权宜之计 |
[28:55] | That’s who I am. | 我就是这样的人 |
[29:06] | I gave him the last rites. | 我给他做了临终祈祷 |
[29:12] | Please. | 求你 |
[29:14] | I can’t explain Randall’s brand, | 我无法解释兰德尔的烙印 |
[29:16] | but I know he’s a good and loyal soul. | 但我确信他是个忠诚的子民 |
[29:20] | Perhaps you could speak to your brother. | 也许你能跟你弟弟求求情 |
[29:24] | Ask him for mercy. | 请他饶他不死 |
[29:25] | You convinced my brother the brand is a mark | 是你说服我弟弟这烙印 |
[29:27] | of a secret league of radical traitors. | 是极端叛徒秘密联盟的印记 |
[29:30] | Perhaps you could convince him | 也许你也能说服他 |
[29:31] | that you were wrong about all of this. | 是你说错了 |
[29:34] | If you want to spare Randall, try. | 如果你想救兰德尔一命 就去争取 |
[29:37] | There must be another way… | 肯定有别的办法 |
[29:54] | Representatives from the Vatican have arrived! | 罗马教廷的使者到 |
[29:57] | Call your master. | 跟你的主人禀报 |
[29:58] | Tell him we’ve come for Prince Conde. | 我们为康德王子而来 |
[30:07] | It seems Antoine’s been throwing so much money around | 看来安托万在派对上 |
[30:09] | for these parties of his | 挥霍千金 |
[30:11] | that the inquisitors heard he was here. | 所以才把审判者给引过来了 |
[30:12] | He’s stalling them downstairs. | 他在楼下拖延时间 |
[30:14] | But if you don’t appear soon, | 但如果你再不露面 |
[30:15] | they’ll force their way up. | 他们很快会闯上来 |
[30:16] | My brother doesn’t have enough soldiers here to stop them. | 我哥哥并没有足够的兵力阻止他 |
[30:20] | I’ll surrender. | 我去投降 |
[30:20] | They’ll hang you. | 他们会绞死你 |
[30:21] | It’s the only way to keep everyone here safe. | 只有这个办法才能保证所有人的安全 |
[30:25] | No. There’s another way. | 不 还有别的办法 |
[30:26] | Give me your sword. | 把你的剑给我 |
[30:30] | The brand is what brought them here. | 他们是为烙印而来 |
[30:33] | We’ll have to get rid of it. | 我们得把烙印除掉 |
[30:35] | Burn if off? | 要烧掉吗 |
[30:36] | They won’t be fooled. | 但他们不会那么容易相信 |
[30:37] | They’ll know what we did or at least suspect it. | 他们会发现的 至少会有怀疑 |
[30:38] | They will. | 的确如此 |
[30:39] | But all we need is enough doubt to prevent a hanging. | 但我们只需要足够的怀疑以避免死刑 |
[30:42] | With that, and with my support, | 在此基础上 再加上我的支持 |
[30:43] | we may convince them to arrest you and take you back to court, | 也许能说服他们逮捕你 带你回宫廷 |
[30:46] | where Francis can help. | 回去以后弗朗西斯就能帮忙了 |
[30:49] | Ordinarily, I wouldn’t tell you this, knowing your feelings. | 本来我不会跟你说这话 我懂你的心情 |
[30:52] | But as I may be dead shortly… | 但既然我也许很快就会死 |
[30:55] | You have a higher opinion of the king than I do. | 我对国王可没你这么有信心 |
[30:58] | He’s hand-in-glove with the Vatican. | 他跟罗马教廷是一伙的 |
[31:01] | Louis, please believe me. | 路易斯 相信我 |
[31:05] | Francis will help when help is needed. | 弗朗西斯不会在关键时候弃你于不顾 |
[31:09] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[31:12] | I’ll do it. | 我会照做 |
[31:16] | You’ve done this before? | 你以前干过这事吗 |
[31:17] | No, but I saw cauterizations done during my recovery, after the war. | 没 但我在战后疗伤时见过火烙疗法 |
[31:21] | His quarters are this way. | 他的寝室在这边 |
[31:23] | Do it now. | 动手吧 |
[31:25] | In the name of the Holy Cross, open up! | 我以圣十字之名命令你 开门 |
[31:29] | Hold on to me. | 抓紧我 |
[31:33] | I have you. | 我会陪着你 |
[31:34] | In the name of the Holy Cross, open the door! | 我以圣十字之名命令你 开门 |
[31:38] | It’s all right. | 没事了 |
[31:40] | – You’re all right. – Open the door in the name of the Pope! | -你没事了 -我以教皇之名命令你开门 |
[31:42] | Open the door! | 开门 |
[31:44] | You removed the brand. | 看来你除掉了烙印 |
[31:45] | That must have caused you a great deal of unnecessary pain, | 肯定让你承受了不少不必要的伤痛 |
[31:49] | since you’ll die regardless. | 因为你终究难逃一死 |
[31:50] | Lord Conde had a wound that needed cauterizing. | 康德伯爵受伤了 需要用火烙疗法医治 |
[31:53] | The result of a drunken sparring accident with my guard, Leith. | 他喝醉后与我的护卫利思比剑 不慎受伤 |
[31:57] | – Isn’t that right, Leith? – It is. | -对吧 利思 -正是如此 |
[31:59] | At the risk of offending, Your Grace, | 我无意冒犯 但陛下 |
[32:00] | I’m here to see that Cardinal Perazzo’s orders are carried out. | 但我是来执行红衣主教的命令的 |
[32:04] | Then we’ll face Cardinal Perazzo together. | 那我们就一起找红衣主教评评理 |
[32:07] | We’ll all go back to French court | 我们一同回法国宫廷去 |
[32:10] | to ensure that proper justice is served. | 以确保正义得以伸张 |
[32:16] | Will Conde be all right? | 康德会没事吧 |
[32:18] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[32:20] | But I will keep fighting for him. | 但我会尽全力保护他 |
[32:24] | Because I am strong, Greer. | 因为我已变坚强了 葛瑞尔 |
[32:27] | Burning off the brand, | 为他去除烙印 |
[32:28] | I had to touch someone else. | 意味着我得触碰别人 |
[32:30] | To connect. | 与人接触 |
[32:32] | And I was able to help. | 而我帮上忙了 |
[32:36] | I don’t want to go to Chambord. | 我不想去香波城堡 |
[32:38] | You said you wanted time alone. | 你说过你想一个人静静 |
[32:39] | No. Enough distance. | 不 我不需要什么距离 |
[32:42] | I’ve been so deep in a well of my own pain, | 我一直沉浸在自己的苦痛中 |
[32:44] | I couldn’t see anything else. | 忽视了身边的所有人 |
[32:46] | I forgot I’m not the only one who’s hurt. | 我忘了受伤的并不止我一个 |
[32:48] | Francis is suffering as well. | 弗朗西斯也很受伤 |
[32:50] | Are you rethinking your decision then? | 你要重新考虑你的决定吗 |
[32:52] | To lead separate lives with separate rooms? | 你之前决定分居的决定 |
[32:55] | I don’t know. | 我还不知道 |
[32:56] | Oh, Mary. | 玛丽 |
[33:00] | What we had once had, | 曾经我们之间的情感 |
[33:02] | it was so natural. | 那么自然 |
[33:04] | I missed how easy it was. | 我怀念以前简单的生活 |
[33:07] | We’d make love and fall asleep in each other’s arms. | 怀念共享鱼水之欢后的相拥而眠 |
[33:10] | Like branches growing together. | 像是共生的枝桠 |
[33:12] | We didn’t have to think about anything. | 我们什么也不用多想 |
[33:15] | And now it’s so complicated. | 但现在一切都变得复杂 |
[33:19] | I don’t know if I’m ready. | 我不知道我是否准备好了 |
[33:23] | Are you ready to try? | 你准备好做出尝试了吗 |
[33:30] | My cleric was attacked! | 我的牧师被袭击了 |
[33:31] | His arrest prearranged. | 他被逮捕是欲加之罪 |
[33:33] | Leave us. | 下去吧 |
[33:37] | Your brother is behind it– | 这都是你哥哥一手操控的 |
[33:38] | without your knowledge hopefully. | 希望你并不知情 |
[33:40] | Because a King that makes an enemy of the Vatican will be crushed. | 因为与罗马教廷为敌的国王定遭毁灭 |
[33:43] | My brother is behind it. | 的确是我哥哥所为 |
[33:45] | With my knowledge. | 而我也的确知情 |
[33:47] | And you will not crush me. | 而你也伤不了我 |
[33:49] | The Vatican’s brutality is tearing my country apart. | 罗马教廷的残暴让我的国家支离破碎 |
[33:52] | It must end. | 到此为止 |
[33:53] | I’d hoped the son of Henry would be wiser. | 我本希望亨利的儿子会是个聪明人 |
[33:56] | Look around you! | 看看你周围 |
[33:58] | Once we had a golden age, | 我们曾有过黄金时代 |
[34:00] | where all looked to Rome for leadership. | 那时我们都听从罗马教皇的领导 |
[34:02] | Now it’s a bloodbath, brother against brother. | 现在变成了大屠杀 兄弟之间相互残杀 |
[34:06] | I’m trying to restore order. | 我想要恢复秩序 |
[34:08] | By spilling even more blood. | 通过杀更多人 |
[34:10] | We would’ve propped up your rule! | 否则我们无法保证你的统治无虞 |
[34:11] | Our enemies are your enemies. | 我们的敌人就是你们的敌人 |
[34:13] | You fool, do you really believe Prince Conde is your friend? | 你真傻 你真的相信康德王子是你的朋友吗 |
[34:18] | All you had to do was stand back and let me collect him. | 你只需要放任不管 让我抓他就行 |
[34:20] | That’s what all this branding really was, wasn’t it? | 这就是这个烙印的真相 对吗 |
[34:24] | Your collection of enemies to be marked and removed. | 你把你所有的敌人打上烙印 然后除掉他们 |
[34:27] | And Conde was the biggest fish in your net. | 而康德就是你最大的目标 |
[34:29] | It ends. | 到此为止吧 |
[34:31] | You will take your men | 你带着你所有手下 |
[34:32] | and your myth of the Dark Riders | 还有这个黑暗骑手之谜 |
[34:34] | and you will leave France. | 离开法国 |
[34:37] | Or your lover will die. | 否则你的爱人难逃一死 |
[34:39] | You will release my cleric | 你最好放了我的牧师 |
[34:41] | and beg for my forgiveness, | 祈求我的原谅 |
[34:43] | or the Vatican will destroy you! | 否则罗马教廷会毁了你的 |
[34:45] | Why, it all depends on what we really care about, doesn’t it? | 怎么 这取决于我们真正在乎的东西 对吧 |
[34:49] | You can crush me, but Randall will die. | 你可以毁了我 但是兰德尔会死 |
[34:52] | You can make France suffer, | 你可以让法国遭受灾难 |
[34:54] | but Randall will still die. | 但是兰德尔还是会死 |
[34:58] | And you love him. | 而你那么爱他 |
[35:02] | He’s not worth the price. | 他不值得 |
[35:04] | No? | 不值得吗 |
[35:05] | I understand love, Cardinal. | 我懂什么是爱 主教 |
[35:07] | To see it, you need only the smallest of clues. | 只需要一些细节 就能发现它 |
[35:10] | Before I chose Randall as our target, | 在我选择兰德尔作为我的目标前 |
[35:12] | I had to be sure that you couldn’t bear to sacrifice him. | 我必须确定你舍不得牺牲他 |
[35:16] | So I had the servants in your quarters questioned. | 所以我审问了你房间里的仆人 |
[35:19] | Not about sex but about how you two live. | 不是问你们的性爱 而是问你们的生活细节 |
[35:22] | And found no letters, heard no declarations… | 你们没有发现任何信件 也找不到证言 |
[35:24] | It’s cold here… | 法国北部很冷 |
[35:26] | in Northern France, isn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[35:28] | A bitter winter. | 冬天很难熬 |
[35:30] | You brought a silver warming tray with you for your bed– | 你带来了一个用来暖被窝的银质保温板 |
[35:33] | monogrammed, the servants tell me. | 仆人告诉我 你的名字刻在了上面 |
[35:35] | But they were surprised when they found it not in your bed | 但是他们惊讶地在兰德尔的床上 |
[35:38] | but in Randall’s. | 看到了那个保温板 |
[35:40] | And when they wake you in the morning, | 当他们早上把你叫醒时 |
[35:43] | they say you are pale and shivering. | 他们说你脸上苍白 瑟瑟发抖 |
[35:45] | Because you give what little warmth you can to him… | 因为你把你仅有的温暖给了他 |
[35:48] | don’t you? | 不是吗 |
[35:52] | That’s love, Cardinal. | 这就是爱 主教 |
[35:56] | When you care more about someone else’s suffering than your own. | 爱就是你不在乎自己受苦 却不忍心你爱的人受苦 |
[36:03] | You’ll have the victory. | 你赢了 |
[36:05] | Release him, and we will leave you to your fate. | 放了他 你自己面对一切后果吧 |
[36:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:12] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[36:13] | You’ve used your knowledge | 你利用了 |
[36:15] | of the heart’s noblest emotion | 你对人类最圣洁情感的了解 |
[36:17] | to manipulate and destroy someone. | 来控制和毁灭别人 |
[36:35] | I see I’m not the only one that’s had a long night. | 我想我不是唯一一个长夜难挨的人 |
[36:37] | He’s miserable. | 他不舒服 |
[36:39] | Nothing works. | 怎么都没用 |
[36:52] | All he needed was his father’s arms. | 他需要的是父亲的怀抱 |
[36:54] | Or the poor thing finally exhausted himself. | 也可能是这可怜的小东西自己精疲力尽了 |
[36:58] | Well, I like my story better. | 我更喜欢我的说法 |
[37:11] | I want to put him down, | 我想把他放下来 |
[37:12] | but I don’t want to wake him. | 但我又不希望弄醒他 |
[37:24] | Your Eminence? | 主教大人 |
[37:27] | What’s happening? | 发生什么事了 |
[37:29] | Conde. | 康德 |
[37:30] | Welcome back to court. | 欢迎回到法国宫廷 |
[37:33] | – Bash, what’s happening? – Ask Francis. | -巴斯 怎么了 – 你去问弗朗西斯吧 |
[37:35] | You’ll be proud of him when you hear what he did. | 你要是知道他做了什么 一定会为他自豪的 |
[37:37] | You see? | 看见了吗 |
[37:38] | You were working in tandem, and you didn’t even know it. | 你们俩都在努力 只是你不知道而已 |
[37:46] | Come. | 来吧 |
[37:52] | So… did you enjoy yourself at King Antoine’s gathering? | 你在安托万国王的聚会上玩得开心吗 |
[37:56] | Which did you choose, | 你选了哪个布景呢 |
[37:57] | was it the sea bed or the Garden of Secret Desires? | 是海藻床还是私欲花园 |
[38:01] | You’re jealous? | 你嫉妒了吗 |
[38:02] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[38:04] | Then don’t ask. | 那就不要问 |
[38:07] | I’ll respect your choice | 我尊重你选择 |
[38:08] | to wait for Castleroy’s return. | 等卡斯尔雷回来 |
[38:11] | But you must put your jealousy aside out of respect for me. | 但是请尊重我 不要表现出嫉妒 |
[38:13] | I said I wasn’t… | 我说了我没有 |
[38:14] | Because your jealousy– | 因为你的嫉妒 |
[38:16] | it only gives me hope. | 只会让我重燃希望 |
[38:26] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[38:27] | Where’d you hide it, Mother? | 你把它藏在哪里了 母亲 |
[38:29] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[38:31] | Is this the poison you’ve been using? | 这就是你对我用的毒药吗 |
[38:35] | This is what you’ve been putting in my soup, isn’t it? | 这就是你放在我汤里的毒药 对吗 |
[38:37] | – Give it to me. – I knew you hated me. | -把它给我 -我知道你恨我 |
[38:39] | But poison? | 但是 下毒 |
[38:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:43] | You murdered your sisters. | 你杀了你的妹妹们 |
[38:48] | What? | 什么 |
[38:49] | Emone and Henriette. Yes. | 伊梦恩和亨丽特 是的 |
[38:51] | You resented their very existence. | 你讨厌她们的存在 |
[38:54] | All the time that was taken away from you, | 你记恨她们霸占了我和你在一起的时间 |
[38:56] | the loss of my constant attention. | 记恨我不再只关注你 |
[38:58] | Do you know that you used to pinch them | 你知道吗 你曾在没人看见时 |
[38:59] | when you thought no one was looking? | 偷偷地掐她们 |
[39:01] | You would hurt them. | 你伤害她们 |
[39:01] | I remember wanting your attention. | 我记得我曾想得到你的关注 |
[39:04] | – But I would never… – You would. | -但我不会… -你会 |
[39:06] | And you did. | 而且你也确实那么做了 |
[39:14] | You know, one day, | 你知道的 有一天 |
[39:17] | the twins, they ripped silk flowers off of your favorite dress. | 双胞胎把丝绸花从你最喜欢的裙子上的扯了下来 |
[39:20] | You know what you did in retaliation? | 你知道你是怎么回应的吗 |
[39:22] | You shoved those flowers down their throats! | 你把那些花塞进了她们的喉咙 |
[39:27] | I recall that dress. | 我记得那条裙子 |
[39:30] | The flowers torn. | 花被扯下来了 |
[39:30] | But I wouldn’t kill my own sisters. | 但我不可能会杀我的亲妹妹 |
[39:33] | You may not remember, but I do. | 你可能忘了 但是我记得 |
[39:37] | Oh, seeing the look on your face when you heard of their deaths. | 看看你当时听到她们死亡的表情 |
[39:39] | Oh, how shocked you seemed! | 你当时看起来多震惊啊 |
[39:41] | Oh, the tears that poured and the love that you espoused for them. | 你为她们流下眼泪 表现出你很爱她们 |
[39:45] | Is it not possible that I was weeping | 我哭泣难道不可能是 |
[39:47] | because I had lost my sisters? | 因为我失去了妹妹 |
[39:49] | Because I was sad? | 因为我为此感到伤心 |
[39:52] | Because I didn’t do it? | 因为不是我杀了她们吗 |
[39:54] | I wish that were true. | 我希望那是真的 |
[39:56] | I told you that I protected you, | 我说过我保护过你 |
[39:57] | that I cared for you, and I did. | 我曾很在乎你 我确实那么做了 |
[39:59] | And that is why I lied for you. | 所以我才帮你瞒了过去 |
[40:01] | And so convincingly that you’ve come to believe it to be true. | 我瞒得那么好 以至于你都相信那是真的 |
[40:05] | I suppose there are other monsters in the world. | 我想这个世界上肯定有其他坏蛋 |
[40:09] | Their mothers have to lie for them, too. | 他们的母亲也得帮他们瞒天过海 |
[40:11] | Oh, there’s no other choice, I suppose. | 我想这也是别无选择 |
[40:15] | But now you try to kill me? | 但现在你想要杀了我 |
[40:18] | After all these years? | 这么多年都过去了 |
[40:20] | I tried everything else. | 我试了其他的办法 |
[40:22] | I don’t understand. Tried what? | 我不明白 你做了什么 |
[40:31] | There’s a price to pay for such things. | 这种事情都是要付出代价的 |
[40:38] | Is this the price? My death? | 这就是代价吗 要我死吗 |
[40:41] | Say it, Mother! Do you want me to die? | 说啊 母亲 你是不是想让我死 |
[40:43] | – Claude, please… -If I’m the murderer | -克劳德 别这样 -如果你真的 |
[40:45] | you think I am, then I deserve to die. | 认为我是凶手 那么我确实应该去死 |
[40:48] | Don’t! | 不要 |
[40:53] | It’s all right. You were only five years old. | 没事了 你那时才五岁 |
[40:55] | You didn’t know what you were doing. | 你那时不知道自己在干什么 |
[40:58] | You didn’t know. | 你不知道 |
[41:01] | Do not betray your other children. | 不要背叛你其他的孩子 |
[41:07] | She didn’t know. | 她那时不懂事 |
[41:30] | It’s all right. | 没事了 |