时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Every time I turn around, he’s beside you. | 每次我转身离开 他都立马陪在你身边 |
[00:04] | I want a good life and a husband to share it with. | 我想要好生活 想要能跟我有福同享的丈夫 |
[00:07] | I wonder if you might entertain | 你想不想拥有 |
[00:09] | a chance to be a queen. | 成为王后的机会呢 |
[00:10] | I can’t keep living like this. | 我无法再继续像这样生活 |
[00:12] | – Be my wife. – Too much has passed between us. | -做我真正的妻子 -我们之间发生了太多事 |
[00:15] | And now you want to go to Conde. | 现在你想投入康德的怀抱 |
[00:16] | I forbid it. | 我不准你这么做 |
[00:18] | Come to Scotland with me. I want you. | 跟我一起去苏格兰 我想要你 |
[00:20] | I’ve had a message from England. | 英格兰那边传来消息 |
[00:22] | Queen Elizabeth wants you. | 伊丽莎白女王想要你 |
[00:42] | -That’ll be the Count and Countess du Grace.-Your Majesty, | -那肯定是杜格雷斯伯爵和伯爵夫人 -陛下 |
[00:44] | I present you my daughter, Lady Anna. -Two places, | -这是我的小女 安娜 -两个位子 |
[00:45] | fifth table from the king’s. | 国王主桌数过去第五桌吧 |
[00:46] | Kenna, I’m impressed. | 肯娜 你真厉害 |
[00:48] | You’ve really got this all in hand, don’t you? | 你真是游刃有余啊 |
[00:50] | I’m surprised Catherine trusted you to plan the banquet. | 凯瑟琳竟然让你来策划宴会 |
[00:52] | The Dauphin vintage tasting is not exactly | 王储葡萄酒品尝会 |
[00:54] | a coronation, but still, | 虽然不如加冕礼隆重 |
[00:56] | the chance to taste wine bottled on the day of the king’s birth | 但可以品尝国王出生之日所酿的葡萄酒 |
[00:58] | is bringing nobles from all over France. | 还是吸引了全法国的贵族啊 |
[01:00] | Well, actually, it was Mary’s decision, | 其实是玛丽让我负责的 |
[01:02] | although I’m sure Catherine | 但我想凯瑟琳 |
[01:03] | would have happily given me the opportunity | 也很乐意提供这个机会 |
[01:04] | just to see me fail. | 看我出丑吧 |
[01:07] | Oh, dear. I recognize Count du Grace, | 等等 那是杜格雷斯伯爵 |
[01:09] | but that’s not the Countess. | 但他旁边的可不是伯爵夫人啊 |
[01:12] | Do you think he brought his mistress? | 他是不是带情妇来了 |
[01:13] | No, he’s hoping he brought the king’s mistress. | 不 他希望他带来的是个国王的情妇 |
[01:16] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[01:17] | I should have warned you. I suppose I expected | 我应该提醒你的 我还以为 |
[01:19] | you’d instinctively grasp every nuance | 你已经本能地掌握了 |
[01:22] | of the sordid tradition of a king’s mistress. | 有关国王情妇的各种卑鄙惯例呢 |
[01:24] | But the king doesn’t have a mistress. | 但国王没有情妇啊 |
[01:26] | Not yet. That’s why these lords | 现在是还没有 所以这些大臣 |
[01:29] | are bringing their ready young daughters. | 都带来了自家适龄女儿啊 |
[01:30] | They’re hoping that Francis will choose one of them | 他们希望弗朗西斯会选一个 |
[01:33] | – to take to his bed. – And what makes | -带上床去 -他们为什么会觉得 |
[01:34] | them think that Francis wants a mistress? | 弗朗西斯想要情妇呢 |
[01:36] | Our estrangement has become obvious. | 我和他之间存在隔阂 大家都看得到 |
[01:39] | Separate chambers… | 分房睡… |
[01:40] | Well, plenty of kings and queens | 很多国王和王后 |
[01:41] | keep separate chambers. You did. | 都分房睡啊 你之前也是 |
[01:44] | Just when I was starting to like you. | 你怎么现在也变得这么讨厌 |
[01:46] | I’ll have to completely rearrange the seating. | 我得重新排座位了 |
[01:48] | I won’t have any of these pert little opportunists | 我得把这些小骚货们 |
[01:50] | sitting anywhere near Mary. | 排得离玛丽远远的 |
[01:51] | Don’t worry about it, Kenna. | 别担心 肯娜 |
[01:53] | Your outrage is touching, | 你为我抱不平我很感动 |
[01:55] | but I can hardly take offense when I’m the one who suggested | 但我并未感到冒犯 因为是我提议 |
[01:57] | we live separate lives. | 我们俩各自生活的 |
[02:00] | You don’t want that… | 你不是想把… |
[02:03] | I suppose in their minds, it’s a simple trade. | 可能在他们看来 这只是个简单的交易 |
[02:06] | One daughter will be bedded by a man she’ll never marry, | 一个女儿和一个永远不会成为她丈夫的人上床 |
[02:08] | but if that man is the king and the family now has his favor, | 但如果这个人是国王的话 家族就能从中获益 |
[02:13] | – it’s worth it. – Oh, yes. | -这样很值 -说得对啊 |
[02:14] | It worked for the Boleyn girls. | 博林家的女儿就是这样 |
[02:17] | Well, for their father, anyway. | 虽然是她们的父亲获益 |
[02:19] | Well, they won’t get anywhere. | 她们不会有机会的 |
[02:20] | Not with Francis. | 弗朗西斯不会给 |
[02:22] | He loves Mary. | 他爱玛丽 |
[02:23] | Things change, Lola. | 世事无常啊 萝拉 |
[02:26] | If Francis and Mary are finished, | 如果弗朗西斯和玛丽已经结束了 |
[02:29] | there’s an opportunity at the king’s side | 那么国王身边就有一个机会 |
[02:31] | for some lucky girl here. | 等着这里某个幸运的姑娘去取 |
[02:44] | I need to speak with you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[02:45] | There are plans to settle. Scotland. | 我们得定个计划 有关苏格兰 |
[02:47] | This is not the place. | 不能在这里谈 |
[02:48] | Hardly. | 是不能 |
[02:49] | Shouldn’t there be an empty room | 酒窖里不是应该有一间 |
[02:50] | in the wine cellar now, | 空屋子吗 |
[02:51] | devoid of a certain vintage? | 某种酒刚好搬空了 |
[02:54] | I’ll meet you there in an hour. | 我们一小时后在那里见 |
[02:57] | I have some good news for you, little brother. | 弟弟 我有好消息要告诉你 |
[02:59] | The English queen’s envoy is in the village, | 英格兰女王的使者来了 |
[03:01] | and I’ve arranged a meeting. | 我安排了一次会面 |
[03:02] | If you can charm him | 如果你能像 |
[03:03] | as well as you’ve charmed the Scots queen, | 吸引苏格兰女王一样搞定他 |
[03:05] | you may end up with an English crown on your head. | 那你今后可就戴上英格兰国王皇冠啦 |
[03:07] | If I have a head left to put it on. | 只要那时我还有脑袋在 |
[03:09] | You take too many risks, Antoine. | 安托万 这太冒险了 |
[03:11] | What if Francis finds out you have me courting Elizabeth? | 如果弗朗西斯发现你在向伊丽莎白献殷勤 |
[03:13] | Have they found out what we’ve been up to so far? | 他们目前有发现一丁点儿东西吗 |
[03:15] | He knows his mother and father were poisoned, | 他知道他的父亲和母亲都被下毒了 |
[03:17] | and barely missed learning you were behind it. | 差一点就知道是你搞的鬼 |
[03:18] | And yet here we are, | 但依然没有发现啊 |
[03:20] | only two or three chess moves away | 只不过在我们都成为国王的路上 |
[03:21] | from becoming a pair of Bourbon kings. | 失去了两三颗棋子而已 |
[03:23] | Exactly as we were destined | 我们本就该是这里的国王 |
[03:25] | by blood. | 血脉相承 |
[03:27] | Your Majesty. | 我们先告退 |
[03:30] | Majesty. | 陛下 |
[03:31] | Please allow me to present | 请允许我向您介绍 |
[03:32] | my niece, Lady Amelie. | 我的外甥女 艾米丽 |
[03:34] | Majesty. | 陛下 |
[03:35] | Welcome to court, Lady Amelie. | 艾米丽小姐 欢迎你的到来 |
[03:37] | She’s my sister’s child, | 她是我姐姐的孩子 |
[03:39] | but my pride | 但我恨不得 |
[03:40] | swells for her as if she were my own. | 她是我的女儿 |
[03:42] | Brilliant mind, | 聪明伶俐 |
[03:43] | and a lover of all the… sensual arts. | 而且喜欢所有 感性艺术 |
[03:48] | Enjoys poetry, | 爱诗 |
[03:49] | plays the lute like an angel, | 诗琴技巧出神入化 |
[03:51] | and has a gift | 刺绣也 |
[03:52] | for embroidery. | 十分擅长 |
[03:55] | As a matter of fact, Amelie, | 艾米丽 |
[03:56] | why don’t you take a look | 不如你去看看 |
[03:57] | at the annunciation tapestry in the map room? | 地图室里的圣母挂毯吧 |
[04:00] | Stunning work. | 绣得太美了 |
[04:05] | There is no scrap of courtly advantage | 只要有一点儿机会 |
[04:07] | you won’t stoop to grasp, is there? | 你都不会放过 是吧 |
[04:10] | Even offering your own niece as a mistress. | 甚至把外甥女领来当情妇 |
[04:12] | Don’t we all have a duty to grasp what life offers? | 人生处处有机会 不是应该把握住吗 |
[04:15] | But as a king may not stoop to grasp, | 但对国王来说 不必屈尊去把握 |
[04:18] | his subjects must offer. | 应该要给予吧 |
[04:20] | Well, as long as you’re offering things, | 既然如此 |
[04:21] | kindly do me the favor of making it known | 就帮我传达个意思吧 |
[04:23] | I am not seeking a mistress. | 我并不想找情妇 |
[04:31] | Multiple lords have brought both wives and daughters, | 很多大臣把妻女都带来了 |
[04:34] | so we’ll need two extra tables. | 所以我们可能需要再排两桌 |
[04:35] | We’ll also need extra cake, extra everything. | 蛋糕也要多准备 还有其他东西也一样 |
[04:37] | This is the new seating chart. | 这是新排位表 |
[04:40] | King Antoine, you’re still here. | 安托万国王 你还在 |
[04:42] | I’d heard… | 我听说… |
[04:43] | That I was scheduled to return to Navarre? | 听说我要会纳瓦拉了吗 |
[04:45] | So you’re keeping tabs on me. | 这么说你一直在关注我啊 |
[04:47] | – Well, I take hope from that. – Don’t. | -好像我还有希望 -没有 |
[04:50] | I couldn’t leave, not without your answer. | 没得到你的回答 我不能走 |
[04:52] | My answer is no. | 我的回答是不行 |
[04:53] | Well,that’s not the answer I was hoping to leave with. | 我不想带着这个答案离开 |
[04:55] | So here I’ll stay. | 所以我留下来了 |
[04:56] | I don’t trust you, and I don’t believe you. | 我不信任你 也不相信你 |
[04:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:59] | Because your suggestion that we should wed | 你竟然提议说你在病中的妻子去世后 |
[05:01] | as soon as your ailing wife dies is so rash. | 我们就结婚 这也太轻率了 |
[05:03] | It is rash, | 是很轻率 |
[05:04] | and yet here I am. | 但我在这里 |
[05:06] | I can’t seem to take back my words, | 我也不会收回前言 |
[05:07] | – and I can’t seem to leave you. – Antoine, I’m married. | -也不想离开你 -安托万 我结婚了 |
[05:11] | Well, if that’s your only objection, | 如果这就是你拒绝我的唯一理由 |
[05:12] | then you’ve given me even more hope. | 那我的希望就更大了 |
[05:14] | Please, come to me. | 来吧 来找我吧 |
[05:16] | So we can talk, | 我们可以好好谈谈 |
[05:17] | just talk. | 只是谈谈 |
[05:28] | I’m so sorry, Mary. | 抱歉 玛丽 |
[05:29] | If I’d known the kind of guests the event would draw, | 如果我知道他们会以这个目的前来 |
[05:31] | I would have canceled the tasting. | 我肯定会取消这次宴会 |
[05:33] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[05:35] | Rumors of our distance is spreading. | 我们之间不和的传言愈演愈烈 |
[05:37] | Timing of the event is terrible. | 这个宴会办得太不是时候了 |
[05:39] | I don’t think time would change much for us, Francis. | 对我们来说什么时候办都一样 弗朗西斯 |
[05:42] | Yes, well, that is where you and I disagree. | 是啊 这就是我们的分歧所在 |
[05:44] | Not the only place. | 也不是唯一的分歧 |
[05:45] | Conde. | 还有康德 |
[05:46] | Does it not strike you as unfair | 我被禁止过我想要的生活 |
[05:48] | that I am forbidden to live my life the way I desire… | 你不觉得不公平吗 |
[05:50] | Don’t speak to me of your desire for another. | 你别想和另一个人一起生活 |
[05:52] | My desire to put the horrors of my past behind me. | 我是想离开恐怖的过去 |
[05:56] | – I feel as though I’m drowning. – Mary. | -我觉得我被水淹没 -玛丽 |
[05:58] | I need to breathe again. | 需要重新自由呼吸 |
[06:00] | To be happy. | 重获快乐 |
[06:01] | An affair with Conde endangers your life | 和康德出轨会使你的性命 |
[06:03] | and our countries’ alliance. | 还有我们的联盟都受到威胁 |
[06:05] | Is that all there is to it? | 这就是你关心的吗 |
[06:08] | No jealousy or regret? | 一点也不嫉妒或者后悔吗 |
[06:09] | Because you think that if you simply bide your time, | 你是不是觉得你只需要在原地等等 |
[06:12] | I will come back to you? | 我就会回到你身边 |
[06:13] | I do think that. | 我是这么想的 |
[06:16] | I love you, | 我爱你 |
[06:16] | and I would do anything | 如果可以改变之前的选择 |
[06:17] | to undo the choices I made | 我愿意付出任何代价 |
[06:19] | now that I know their outcome, but I can’t. | 如此恶果我难以承受 但我无法改变 |
[06:21] | Nor can I alter the fact that we live in a world | 我也无法改变这个事实 |
[06:23] | where a queen’s infidelity | 我身边的王后 |
[06:24] | is considered an act of treason, | 竟然在考虑犯下不忠之罪 |
[06:26] | because any child you had must be presumed illegitimate. | 那样的话 你的所有孩子都会变成私生子 |
[06:31] | The nobles would want your head and demand Conde’s, | 贵族会要你和康德的脑袋 |
[06:33] | and I can’t promise I could protect either of you. | 而我无法保证我能保护你们 |
[06:37] | And in Conde’s case, I’m not sure I’d want to. | 何况我可能并不想救康德 |
[06:40] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我无法再这样继续下去了 |
[06:41] | Do what? | 继续什么 |
[06:42] | Hear the truth of our lives? | 继续听我撕开我们生活的真面目吗 |
[06:44] | I’m sorry, but I am determined | 抱歉 但我已经决心 |
[06:45] | to stop you from making a decision | 阻止你做出 |
[06:46] | that could cost you your head. | 可能会掉脑袋的决定 |
[06:48] | And there is no more | 话已至此 |
[06:49] | to say on the subject. | 我意已决 |
[07:34] | Are those the things Antoine gave you? | 这些都是安托万给你的吗 |
[07:36] | No, as a matter of fact, I sent those back. | 不是 我把那些东西都送回去了 |
[07:38] | If you want to castigate me… | 如果你想骂我的话… |
[07:40] | Don’t worry, I’m not seeking an argument. I… | 别担心 我不是来找你吵架的 我… |
[07:43] | I thought we might talk. | 我想我们得谈谈 |
[07:45] | Must we? | 需要吗 |
[07:46] | You had plenty to say the other night. What’s changed? | 那天晚上你明明有很多话要说 现在怎么没有了 |
[07:49] | I just don’t really see the point. | 我只是觉得没有必要了 |
[07:50] | If things have got that bad, how can there not be | 如果事情真的这么糟 那怎么会 |
[07:51] | – a point in talking? – Bash, I’m sorry, | -没有谈谈的必要呢 -巴斯 我很抱歉 |
[07:54] | but I have a banquet to manage. | 但我还得去准备宴会 |
[08:06] | I’m sorry I took so long. | 抱歉我来迟了 |
[08:07] | I kept having to change directions. | 来的路上不得不一直绕路 |
[08:09] | I ran into servants at every step of the way. | 我老是撞见仆人 |
[08:11] | Have you thought about how you’ll achieve this? | 你想过要怎么去苏格兰吗 |
[08:13] | I have hired an agent to gather intelligence for me. | 我雇了一个人帮我搜集情报 |
[08:16] | I need to know which harbors are safe to land, | 我得知道哪个海港最安全 |
[08:18] | which nobles I can trust, | 哪些贵族我能信 |
[08:19] | which areas haven’t been infiltrated | 哪些地方已经被伊丽莎白的军队 |
[08:21] | by Elizabeth’s troops. | 所渗透 |
[08:22] | I think I can help with that. | 这我能帮你 |
[08:23] | I’ve arranged a trade delegation from my principality. | 我已经从公国调来了一队贸易代表 |
[08:26] | It’ll book passage to Scotland for enough men | 他们会打通一条去苏格兰的通道 |
[08:28] | to protect a sizable portion of gold or a queen | 用别的名义来输送大量黄金或者一名女王 |
[08:31] | traveling under a false name. | 有足够的人保障安全 |
[08:33] | Louis, that’s very generous, | 路易斯 你太慷慨了 |
[08:35] | but you’d be opening yourself up | 但你这样就会有弱点 |
[08:36] | to retribution from your king. | 让你的国王来利用 |
[08:38] | My king can’t hurt me | 我的国王无法伤害我 |
[08:40] | if he is in France and I’m in Scotland. | 如果他在法国而我在苏格兰的话 |
[08:43] | Then you’ve made up your mind? | 你已经决定了吗 |
[08:46] | You want to come with me? | 你要和我一起走吗 |
[08:47] | There is no place I’d rather be. | 我求之不得 |
[08:52] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[08:56] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:58] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[08:58] | It’s not yet safe for that. | 现在还不够安全 |
[09:01] | But for the first time in so long, | 但长久以来第一次 |
[09:06] | I think the time is close. | 我觉得就快安全了 |
[09:22] | Fetch me something. | 去帮我取点东西来 |
[09:23] | I don’t care what it is, but fetch it from far away. | 我不管是什么 反正你要去很远的地方取 |
[09:33] | I have to ask you something. | 我有事要问你 |
[09:36] | You’re a king. | 你是一个国王 |
[09:38] | You could have anyone. | 你可以拥有任何人 |
[09:39] | So honestly, Antoine, why me? | 说实话 安托万 为什么选了我 |
[09:43] | It is not easy for most men to love you. | 大部分男人可能都不会轻易爱上你 |
[09:46] | You lack shame, Kenna, | 你没有太多羞耻心 肯娜 |
[09:47] | which makes you bold. | 所以你胆大无畏 |
[09:49] | It makes you seem open to the pleasures | 让你看起来似乎可以大方接受 |
[09:50] | that men want to give to you, | 任何人给你的欢愉 |
[09:52] | but later it makes you seem open to rivals. | 但之后你的心似乎又朝着对手而去 |
[09:55] | This makes men jealous. | 这使人妒忌 |
[09:58] | But not me. | 但我不会 |
[09:59] | I have no use for shame, | 我不需要羞耻心 |
[10:00] | and I do not fear rivals. | 也不怕任何对手 |
[10:03] | These are all lovely words, Antoine, | 安托万 你很会说话 |
[10:06] | but they don’t change the fact | 但这也不能改变 |
[10:08] | that you have a wife, and I a husband. | 我们俩都已婚的事实 |
[10:10] | You have a husband who no longer trusts you. | 你有一个再也不会信任你的丈夫 |
[10:12] | I think if you ask him for an annulment, | 如果你想和他分开 |
[10:14] | he will grant you one. | 他会同意的 |
[10:15] | I have a dying wife | 而我的妻子命不久矣 |
[10:17] | who wants me to find | 她希望我能为孩子们 |
[10:17] | a mother for our children. | 找一个新母亲 |
[10:20] | Are you sure you want a mother | 你真的想让一个没有羞耻心的女人 |
[10:21] | for your children who has no shame? | 当你孩子的母亲吗 |
[10:25] | Well, I believe shame is the worst thing | 我认为最不需要教给孩子们的 |
[10:27] | a parent can teach their children. | 就是羞耻心这东西 |
[10:29] | I want my children to be joyful | 我希望我的孩子能快乐 |
[10:31] | and frank and adventurous. | 坦率又大胆地去生活 |
[10:33] | Like you. | 就像你一样 |
[10:35] | But if parenthood | 但如果 |
[10:36] | – is something that doesn’t interest you… – No. | -你不想当家长的话… -不 |
[10:38] | It does, actually. | 我其实挺想的 |
[10:41] | More so than it does my husband. | 比我丈夫更想 |
[10:42] | Kenna, my last marriage was for duty and politics. | 肯娜 我的上一段婚姻纯粹是为了政治和职责 |
[10:45] | I want my next marriage to be about something more. | 我希望我的下一段婚姻更加美好 |
[10:59] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[11:01] | I’m so sorry, I have to go. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[11:08] | It’s lovely and grand and all, but it won’t do. | 看起来挺可爱挺高贵的 但不行啦 |
[11:11] | I need to show my meat and potatoes. | 我要秀出我最有料的部分 |
[11:14] | First of all, | 首先 |
[11:16] | try not to refer to your body as “Meat and potatoes.” | 别用”有料”来形容你的身体 |
[11:19] | The men you are trying to attract | 你们要拿下的男人们 |
[11:20] | are looking for something more… | 都在寻找更… |
[11:22] | refined. | 优雅的气质 |
[11:23] | Pay attention, Gigi. | 认真听 吉吉 |
[11:25] | Greer knows what she’s talking about. | 葛瑞尔最懂了 |
[11:27] | Fine. I’m wearing | 好吧 |
[11:29] | your nun’s habit. What’s next? | 那就穿得像个修女似的吧 然后呢 |
[11:37] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[11:37] | I’m looking for… | 我在找… |
[11:40] | Greer. | 葛瑞尔 |
[11:47] | Is this a bad time? | 我来的不是时候吗 |
[11:48] | No! Yes! I… | 不是 不对 我… |
[11:51] | my a-attending ladies | 在招待姑娘们 |
[11:54] | and I were just… | 我在… |
[11:55] | – …trying on dresses. – Attending ladies? | -在试裙子 -招待姑娘们 |
[11:59] | I’ll-I’ll meet you downstairs, shall I? | 你去楼下等我吧 好吗 |
[12:01] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:06] | Later. | 回头再说 |
[12:07] | I’ll tell you everything later. | 我回头再告诉你们 |
[12:10] | I, | 我 |
[12:12] | I was deployed at Languedoc. | 我被派到朗格多克 |
[12:14] | That’s when I heard the news. | 然后我听说了 |
[12:16] | I checked for you at the castle, | 我在城堡里找你来着 |
[12:17] | and that’s when I learned that you’d moved here, to town. | 然后我听说你搬到这里来了 |
[12:21] | Bugger off! | 滚开 |
[12:23] | I’m not going anywhere until you… | 我是不会走的 除非你… |
[12:25] | Pay no attention. The customers like to complain | 别管 顾客总在抱怨 |
[12:27] | the beer’s been watered down, | 说啤酒里掺水了 |
[12:28] | but as soon as they drink enough of it, they settle. | 反正最后他们喝多了就没事了 |
[12:32] | What? | 你要说什么 |
[12:32] | I’m not used to hearing you… | 你这么说话 |
[12:34] | speak like that. | 我不习惯 |
[12:36] | No, I meant what news? | 不是 我是说你听说了什么 |
[12:40] | Lord Castleroy. | 卡斯尔雷大人 |
[12:42] | I’m afraid he’s in prison. | 恐怕他入狱了 |
[12:44] | Convicted of treason for funding the castle attack. | 因为为袭击城堡一事出资判了叛国罪 |
[12:47] | Wealthy friends commuted | 他的富人朋友出钱 |
[12:49] | his death sentence, so he’ll live, | 帮他免了死刑 所以他活下来了 |
[12:51] | but… | 但是 |
[12:52] | he’ll never be free again. | 他一生都将被监禁 |
[12:54] | My God. | 天啊 |
[12:55] | Not ever. | 一生 |
[12:57] | Poor Aloysius. | 可怜的阿洛伊修斯 |
[12:59] | I worried | 没听到他消息 |
[13:00] | when I hadn’t heard from him, but… | 我一直很担心 但… |
[13:03] | That’s it, then. | 还是这么糟糕 |
[13:05] | Any chance we had of a future… | 我和他再也没有未来了 |
[13:10] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:14] | Greer, how are you faring? | 葛瑞尔 你怎么样 |
[13:18] | I’m all right. | 我挺好 |
[13:20] | With-without your husband | 没有你丈夫 |
[13:21] | or your… your position with Mary? | 也没有玛丽 你还好吗 |
[13:24] | It’s been… | 之前 |
[13:26] | an adjustment, of course, | 的确调整了一段时间 |
[13:28] | but I’m finding my way. | 但我找到活路了 |
[13:30] | How? | 什么活路 |
[13:31] | Thank you for taking the time | 谢谢你特地花时间 |
[13:32] | to bring me news of my husband. | 来告诉我我丈夫的消息 |
[13:34] | I’m sure it can’t have been easy. | 这肯定不容易啊 |
[13:35] | Good day to you, Leith. | 日安 利思 |
[13:36] | And good luck, | 也祝你好运 |
[13:38] | now that you’re back. | 既然你回来了 |
[13:44] | Brother! | 弟弟 |
[13:46] | You don’t look to be dressed for the tasting. | 你这装扮不像是要参加品尝会的样子啊 |
[13:48] | – I was about to take a ride. – It will have to be a short ride | -我要出门 -应该很快会回来吧 |
[13:50] | if you don’t want to miss your meeting | 应该不会错过 |
[13:51] | with the English queen’s envoy. | 与英格兰女王使者的会面吧 |
[13:53] | He’s anxious to meet her new Bourbon suitor. | 他等不及要见见女王的新波旁追随者了 |
[13:56] | You’ll have to reset the meeting; I can’t do it tonight. | 重新安排吧 我今晚没时间 |
[13:58] | I went to considerable lengths to get us this meeting. | 我为了这次会面花了多少心血 |
[14:00] | You’ll have to do better than “Not tonight.” | 你最好不要和我说没时间 |
[14:02] | I have my own principality, Antoine, | 我有我自己的公国 安托万 |
[14:04] | with needs that concern me and not you. | 利害与我相关 与你无关 |
[14:06] | It concerns me if your principality | 如果你的公国阻碍了我们家族 |
[14:07] | might get in the way of our family obtaining a kingdom. | 谋求一国的道路 就与我有关 |
[14:09] | You can’t have a new kingdom without me as king. | 没我来当国王 你想要新王国就是妄想 |
[14:12] | I’d bear that in mind. | 我会记住的 |
[14:16] | I’m looking forward to tasting your vintage, Majesty. | 我期待着品尝你的美酒 陛下 |
[14:19] | Greatly. | 十分期待 |
[14:21] | Lady Amelie, I’m sorry to say | 艾米丽小姐 很抱歉 |
[14:22] | I will have to miss tonight’s festivities. | 我今晚不会出席 |
[14:24] | But I do hope you enjoy them. | 但希望你能好好享受 |
[14:26] | Are you sure? Will you reconsider? | 你确定吗 不重新考虑一下吗 |
[14:28] | Mary, I was just explaining to Lord Stephan’s niece | 玛丽 我刚在和斯特凡伯爵的外甥女说 |
[14:31] | that I can’t make it to the tasting tonight. | 我今晚无法出席了 |
[14:33] | Because you and I | 因为我们 |
[14:34] | are set to review the plans for that new reliquary. | 要去继续考虑新圣物箱的事 |
[14:39] | Those plans aren’t ready | 我们根本还没考虑过 |
[14:40] | for us to review just yet. | 什么圣物箱 |
[14:43] | And in any case, | 而且 |
[14:44] | I will be spending the night | 我晚上会在 |
[14:45] | at the abbey of Saint Seraphina. | 圣瑟拉芬娜修道院里 |
[14:48] | So your night is free. | 你晚上自由了 |
[14:50] | Completely free, as I’m sure you are aware. | 完全自由了 你明白的 |
[14:53] | Are you certain, Mary? | 你确定吗 玛丽 |
[14:56] | I am. | 是的 |
[15:11] | It’s a long ride to the warming lodge | 我代理人待的那间温暖的旅店 |
[15:13] | where we’re meeting my agent. | 还有很长的一段路 |
[15:14] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[15:14] | – Is there an explanation for your absence? – Yes. | -都解释清楚了吗 -是的 |
[15:17] | There’s nothing holding us back. | 那没有什么能阻止我们了 |
[15:30] | I need to choose a safe harbor to land | 我需要选一个安全的海港靠岸 |
[15:32] | in a region firmly under Catholic control, | 必须是在天主教控制下的地区 |
[15:35] | so that as I move my small fighting force | 这样在穿乡过镇的途中 |
[15:37] | across the countryside, it only grows. | 我的队伍还能得到补充 |
[15:39] | By the time I reach my enemies, | 这样在我遇到敌人时 |
[15:41] | I will have an army at my back. | 就能有军队力量的保障 |
[15:43] | Can you find this information for me? | 你能提供这些情报吗 |
[15:45] | I can, Majesty, given time. | 可以 陛下 只要给我时间 |
[15:47] | How much time? | 你要多长时间 |
[15:48] | I’ll need at least a week. | 至少一周 |
[15:49] | Probably two, to be safe. | 最好两周 更保险 |
[15:50] | Then hurry, Ridley. | 那就尽快吧 雷德利 |
[15:52] | And thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:00] | Louis, it’s happening. It’s finally happening. | 路易斯 真的可以 终于成功了 |
[16:03] | Do you know what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[16:05] | I can move forward. | 我能继续前行了 |
[16:06] | We can move forward. | 我们能继续前行 |
[16:08] | I can unify my country, | 我能统一我的国家 |
[16:09] | and we can have a place to be together. | 我们也能有在一起的空间了 |
[16:12] | I want to celebrate, too. | 我也很激动 |
[16:14] | When it’s safe. We should get you back to the castle. | 等安全了 你要先回到城堡里 |
[16:17] | But why? | 为什么 |
[16:19] | No one knows we’re here. | 没人知道我们在这里 |
[16:22] | And we are alone. | 我们孤身二人 |
[16:25] | Mary, we needn’t rush anything. | 玛丽 我们不必太着急 |
[16:27] | You have never rushed me. | 你从未逼过我 |
[16:29] | And you have always been by my side. | 一直在我身边 |
[16:32] | I feel safe with you. | 我和你在一起觉得很安全 |
[16:58] | Lords and Ladies, we are gathered tonight | 大人们及贵妇们 我们今晚相聚于此 |
[17:00] | to commemorate a most special vintage, | 是为了纪念一份特别的美酒 |
[17:03] | bottled to commemorate the birth | 它是为了纪念一位最特别的王储 |
[17:04] | of a most special Dauphin. | 为纪念他的出生而酿 |
[17:07] | Please, join me in toasting King Francis. | 请与我共同举杯 敬弗朗西斯国王 |
[17:11] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[17:15] | Sample the vintage and you’ll note the many ways | 好好品尝这美酒 你们会发现它 |
[17:17] | it is like our fine, young king. | 与我们年轻俊秀的国王有许多共同点 |
[17:18] | It is elegant, understated, yet bold… | 它高雅又低调 香醇… |
[17:21] | All these young ladies | 这些年轻姑娘 |
[17:22] | hoping to catch the king’s eye… | 都想吸引国王的注意 |
[17:24] | Why not you? | 你不想吗 |
[17:25] | Is that what you were hinting at earlier? | 你之前就在暗示这个吗 |
[17:28] | To answer your question: | 我的回答是 |
[17:30] | because I am Mary’s lady. | 因为我是玛丽的侍女 |
[17:32] | And friend. | 以及朋友 |
[17:33] | Also, you despise me. | 你还蔑视我 |
[17:35] | Why are you looking at me that way? | 你为什么用这种眼神看我 |
[17:37] | Because you’re the mother of my son’s child. | 因为你是我孙子的母亲 |
[17:40] | You have given Francis something that Mary hasn’t | 你给了弗朗西斯的 玛丽未给 |
[17:42] | and probably never will. | 而且可能永远都给不了 |
[17:44] | And he likes you. | 他喜欢你 |
[17:46] | You could make him very happy. | 你会讨他欢心 |
[17:48] | What more could a mother want for her son? | 作为一个母亲 有什么能比得上让儿子快乐呢 |
[17:56] | Kenna. | 肯娜 |
[17:57] | Bash. | 巴斯 |
[17:58] | I wasn’t expecting to see you here. | 我以为你不会来 |
[18:00] | I’ve decided it’s far past time | 我觉得我已经很久 |
[18:02] | that I danced with my wife. | 没有和我的妻子一起跳舞了 |
[18:13] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:15] | – Bash, you don’t need to… – Yes, I do. | -巴斯 你不必… -我需要道歉 |
[18:17] | If you think our marriage is so far gone | 如果你觉得我们的婚姻无可挽回 |
[18:19] | it’s not even worth discussing, | 甚至连谈话的必要都没有 |
[18:21] | I must have done something wrong. | 那我肯定是做错了什么 |
[18:23] | I know I work too hard. | 我知道我老是在工作 |
[18:25] | When I am around, | 在你身边时 |
[18:27] | I’m either distracted or in a bad mood. | 不是心不在焉就是心情不佳 |
[18:30] | But I don’t want that to be our relationship. | 但我不想我们的关系变成那样 |
[18:32] | So I had a thought. | 所以我想好了 |
[18:34] | – Let’s go to Paris. – Paris? | -我们去巴黎吧 -巴黎 |
[18:36] | – Why? – You love Paris. | -为什么 -你喜欢巴黎 |
[18:38] | – But you hate it. – I will love it for you. | -但你讨厌巴黎 -我会为了你去喜欢它的 |
[18:41] | I used to know how to make you happy. | 我以前知道怎样让你快乐 |
[18:43] | I want to be that husband again. | 我想让自己当回那样的丈夫 |
[18:50] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[18:51] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知该说什么 |
[18:56] | Francis… | 弗朗西斯 |
[18:57] | have you seen Mary? | 你看到玛丽了吗 |
[18:59] | She told me that she planned on spending the evening | 她说她晚上要待在 |
[19:01] | at the abbey of Saint Seraphina. | 圣瑟拉芬娜修道院里 |
[19:08] | How we used to dance at these parties, | 我们之前也这样翩翩起舞 |
[19:10] | and now she can barely stand to be near me. | 现在 她连靠近我都忍受不了 |
[19:14] | Or in the same castle, apparently. | 显然 还忍受不了待在同一座城堡里了 |
[19:18] | I’m sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打扰你们了 |
[19:19] | but my uncle sent me to give you a private message. | 但我舅舅让我给您带句话 |
[19:22] | Something he’s learned of one of the lords. | 一位大人告诉他一件事 |
[19:25] | Of course. | 我知道了 |
[19:26] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[19:33] | What’s this message | 这么重要的消息 |
[19:34] | that’s so important? | 是什么 |
[19:42] | I’m sorry, Majesty. | 对不起 陛下 |
[19:45] | There is no message. | 没什么消息 |
[19:46] | All that wine, | 您一直在喝酒 |
[19:48] | and the look of you, I just… | 表情很低落 我就… |
[19:49] | Is this your choosing or has someone pressured you? | 这是你自愿的 还是有人给你施压 |
[19:52] | Your uncle, | 比如 |
[19:53] | Lord Narcisse, for example? | 你舅舅 纳西斯伯爵 |
[19:55] | He encouraged it. | 他鼓励了我 |
[19:56] | But when I saw you… | 但看到你之后 |
[19:58] | The choice is mine. | 是我自己做的选择 |
[20:04] | Is that what he told you to say? | 这些话是他教你的吗 |
[20:08] | Lady Amelie, I offer you nothing. | 艾米丽小姐 我什么都不能给你 |
[20:11] | If I were you, | 如果我是你 |
[20:12] | I would leave. | 我会离开 |
[20:13] | But you’re not me, are you? | 可你不是我 |
[20:15] | You’re not a girl who’s spent all her life | 你没有花一辈子的时间 |
[20:18] | watching a handsome young prince | 仰望一位年轻的王子 |
[20:20] | become a king. | 登基称王 |
[20:31] | You may not offer me anything, | 你也许不能给我什么 |
[20:32] | but you wouldn’t be taking anything from me, either. | 但你也不会让我失去什么 |
[20:35] | I’ve lain with other boys, | 我接触过其他人 |
[20:37] | but never a man like you. | 但从没见过您这样的 |
[20:39] | And as to your marriage… | 至于您的婚姻 |
[20:42] | I’ve learned to live with wanting things I can’t have. | 我已经学会忍受渴望却无法拥有的感觉 |
[20:45] | Oh, that’s a lesson I’d like to learn. | 我倒挺想学学这个 |
[21:10] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[21:30] | Louis, | 路易斯 |
[21:31] | – I think… – It’s enough for now. | -我觉得… -差不多了 |
[21:34] | For now. | 先这样吧 |
[21:46] | Did I fall asleep? | 我是睡着了吗 |
[21:52] | That was… | 您真是… |
[21:55] | You are talented. | 勇猛无比 |
[21:59] | You were so lost in it. | 您那么投入 |
[22:03] | Was that what you wanted? | 这是您想要的吗 |
[22:05] | To lose yourself? | 忘记自己 |
[22:09] | You are quite lovely, Lady Amelie. | 你很可爱 艾米丽小姐 |
[22:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:13] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[22:15] | Will you be all right? | 你会没事吧 |
[22:30] | What was that for? | 怎么砸我 |
[22:31] | Fun. What of it? | 因为好玩 怎么了吗 |
[22:33] | That’s enough of that. | 够了 |
[22:47] | We’ve been seen. | 有人看到了 |
[22:53] | Who was that woman? She saw us together. | 那人是谁 她看见我们在一起了 |
[22:56] | She could tell anyone– it would mean our heads. | 她一旦说出去 我们性命不保 |
[22:58] | She won’t. | 她不会说的 |
[23:00] | Go back to the castle. | 回城堡去 |
[23:00] | Wait for me there. | 在那里等我 |
[23:10] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[23:11] | What is your business in these parts? | 你在这里干什么 |
[23:19] | Antoine. | 安托万 |
[23:20] | You can’t honestly be surprised | 我保护自己的利益 |
[23:22] | that I protected my own interests. | 你就这么惊讶吗 |
[23:24] | After you balked at your meeting with Elizabeth’s envoy, | 你不愿意见伊丽莎白的使者 |
[23:26] | I had you followed. | 我就派人跟踪了你 |
[23:28] | You may go. | 你退下吧 |
[23:31] | And don’t worry– | 别担心 |
[23:32] | she’s loyal to me. | 她对我很忠心 |
[23:33] | Your secret’s safe. | 你的秘密很安全 |
[23:35] | For now. | 暂别而已 |
[23:36] | Is that a threat? | 你在威胁我吗 |
[23:37] | You’re jeopardizing your future, our family’s future. | 你耽误了自己的将来 家族的将来 |
[23:40] | You must end your affair with Mary. | 你必须结束跟玛丽的感情 |
[23:41] | I will not. | 我不愿意 |
[23:42] | You will do what your family needs. | 你要满足家族的要求 |
[23:44] | Or I will tell Francis all that I know | 否则我就把你和玛丽的事 |
[23:45] | of you and his wife. | 全部告诉弗朗西斯 |
[23:46] | He will cut off my head, Antoine. | 他会砍我的头 安托万 |
[23:48] | Who will get you Elizabeth then? | 到时候谁来帮你拿下伊丽莎白 |
[23:50] | Well, you won’t help me now. | 反正你现在不愿意帮我 |
[23:52] | Why should I think you’ll help me if I let you live? | 就算让你活命 你就会帮吗 |
[23:54] | And remember, if the nobles learn of the affair, | 记住如果贵族发现你们的事 |
[23:57] | the law demands Mary’s head, too. | 法律将要求玛丽被处死 |
[23:59] | Will you risk Mary’s life for a few nights of passion? | 你愿意为了几夜激情要她的命吗 |
[24:02] | You have two hours. | 给你两小时考虑时间 |
[24:04] | End it with Mary, or I will end both of you. | 结束这段情 否则你们只能殉情 |
[24:11] | Well, you couldn’t be with him when he was a kitchen servant | 当时你是侍女 他是厨房仆人 |
[24:13] | and you were a queen’s lady. | 没办法在一起 |
[24:15] | That I understand. | 这我能理解 |
[24:17] | But now it’s different. | 可现在不一样 |
[24:18] | He’s an officer of the kingsguard, and… | 他是御林军将领 而… |
[24:20] | I’m married. | 我有丈夫 |
[24:21] | Now and forever. It’s wrong and scandalous. | 这无法改变 那不对也招人闲话 |
[24:24] | And you would be ruined. Aren’t you already? | 你就毁了 你的生活不是已经毁了吗 |
[24:28] | It’s not the worst thing in the world, is it? | 还没那么糟 不是吗 |
[24:31] | Is that your man now? | 那不是你家男人吗 |
[24:35] | Yes, but he’s not my man. | 是 但他不是我家的 |
[24:40] | You judge apples by color. | 你是看果皮颜色来挑苹果的吗 |
[24:42] | Also firmness. | 还得看结不结实 |
[24:44] | Like this one. | 比如这个 |
[24:47] | Leith. | 利思 |
[24:48] | What… | 你 |
[24:49] | what are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[24:50] | I wanted to offer my friendship. | 我想来帮朋友一把 |
[24:52] | If you should ever need help with anything– | 如果你需要任何帮助… |
[24:54] | companionship, rent money, | 陪伴啊 钱啊 |
[24:56] | produce selection… anything. | 挑选农产品啊 任何事尽管找我 |
[25:00] | I know you’re cut off from the castle, | 我知道你已经与城堡那边断绝了联系 |
[25:01] | but you’re never cut off from me. | 但我不会与你断绝关系 |
[25:02] | That’s truly kind. | 你很贴心 |
[25:04] | I’m sorry I dismissed you so abruptly before. | 抱歉我之前那么突然地离开 |
[25:07] | I guess I was overcome by pride– foolish pride. | 我被自尊心蒙蔽了 愚蠢的自尊 |
[25:11] | Hands off, pig! | 把手拿开 蠢猪 |
[25:13] | I don’t owe you no poke or no tug. | 我什么都不欠你的 |
[25:15] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[25:18] | You heard the girl– take your hands off her. | 你听到她的话了 把手拿开 |
[25:21] | Don’t make me waste another perfectly good apple. | 别让我浪费第二个好苹果 |
[25:23] | They’re very expensive. | 很贵的 |
[25:24] | Leave us alone! | 你别管 |
[25:26] | Be a gentleman, sir, | 注意点 先生 |
[25:27] | and let go of her. | 放开她 |
[25:28] | I said it’s none of your business. | 我说了 关你屁事 |
[25:32] | Actually, it is my business. | 实际上还真关我的事 |
[25:34] | Gigi is my neighbor, my friend and… | 吉吉是我的邻居 我的朋友… |
[25:36] | You mean she’s one of your whores? | 你的意思是 她是你的妓女吧 |
[25:39] | I’ve seen you pocket your take from them. | 我看到她们给你钱了 |
[25:40] | You tell your whore she ain’t done her job, | 告诉你的妓女 她要是不好好干活 |
[25:42] | and I want what’s mine, one way or another. | 我就要她好看 |
[25:45] | You’ll step away from Gigi now, or everyone here will understand | 你最好快点走 要不然这里所有人都会知道 |
[25:48] | why the working girls call you “Old Shrivel.” | 为什么姑娘们都喊你”老痿哥” |
[25:51] | Would you like that, sir? | 你想这样吗 |
[25:55] | Who needs you? | 谁要你啊 |
[25:56] | – Out of my way. – You all right? | -都走开 -你还好吗 |
[25:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:00] | You showed him, Greer. | 被他看到了 葛瑞尔 |
[26:20] | Did you find the woman? | 你找到那个女人了吗 |
[26:21] | She led me straight to the man she works for. | 她带我去见了派她去的人 |
[26:23] | The man who sent her to follow me. | 那人派她跟踪我 |
[26:25] | Follow you? | 跟踪你 |
[26:27] | Who was it? Francis? | 谁 弗朗西斯吗 |
[26:28] | My brother. | 我哥哥 |
[26:30] | Antoine knows about us? About Scotland? | 安托万知道我们的事吗 还有苏格兰的事 |
[26:32] | Nothing of Scotland, not yet. | 他不知道苏格兰的事 |
[26:35] | Why would he have you followed? | 他为什么派人跟踪你 |
[26:37] | Does he suspect you of something? | 他怀疑你吗 |
[26:38] | Is-is there some issue between the two of you? | 你们之间有什么问题吗 |
[26:39] | My brother seeks advantage | 我哥哥一向 |
[26:41] | whenever he can. | 唯利是图 |
[26:43] | And now he has it. | 现在他如愿以偿了 |
[26:45] | Mary, we need to reconsider our plans– | 玛丽 我们得重新考虑我们的计划了 |
[26:46] | Scotland, all of it. | 苏格兰 还有别的 |
[26:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:49] | Antoine said that if we don’t break it off, | 安托万说如果我们不分开 |
[26:51] | he’ll tell Francis what he knows. | 他就会去告诉弗朗西斯 |
[26:53] | It would cost you your head. | 这会让你没命的 |
[26:54] | Why would he risk your life to keep us apart? | 他为什么拿你的性命要挟来让我们分开 |
[26:56] | I… I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:59] | Then we must face reality. | 那我们就必须面对现实 |
[27:02] | We cannot be together, not now. | 我们不能在一起 现在不行 |
[27:05] | And as much as I want you, | 我想要你 |
[27:06] | I will not risk your life to be with you. | 我不会牺牲你的性命和你在一起 |
[27:10] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[27:12] | I would have given anything to go on the way we were. | 如果能按之前的计划进行 我愿付出任何代价 |
[27:15] | To join you in Scotland. | 和你一起去苏格兰 |
[27:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:32] | Forgive me, but you look ghastly. | 无意冒犯 但你看起来脸色很不好 |
[27:35] | Yes, well, I’ve felt better. | 是啊 我已经感觉好一点了 |
[27:38] | When I’ve had more sleep. | 睡得更久了 |
[27:39] | I saw you leave the tasting last night | 我昨晚看到你离开宴会 |
[27:41] | with Narcisse’s niece. | 和纳西斯的外甥女一起 |
[27:42] | She came back hours later, all smiles. | 几个小时后她回来了 满面带笑 |
[27:44] | And you never came back at all. | 而你却没回来 |
[27:45] | Lola, don’t. | 萝拉 别说了 |
[27:46] | Don’t give up on her, Francis. | 别放弃她 弗朗西斯 |
[27:49] | I know Mary’s pushing you away, | 我知道玛丽在推开你 |
[27:50] | but given what she’s been through, | 但考虑到她所经历的事 |
[27:52] | it’s what she needs to do. | 这是她所需要做的 |
[27:54] | All she needs is time. | 她只是需要时间而已 |
[27:55] | You, you sound exactly like me, | 你说的话和我的一样 |
[27:57] | and like me, you’re wrong. | 但和我一样 你也错了 |
[28:00] | Mary doesn’t want time. | 玛丽不想要时间 |
[28:02] | – What she wants is Conde. – No. | -她想要康德 -不 |
[28:05] | No, she admitted it, Lola. She wants to be with him. | 她承认了 萝拉 她想和他在一起 |
[28:08] | I forbade it, of course. Can you imagine what that was like? | 我当然阻止了 你能想象吗 |
[28:10] | Telling my wife, after all she’s been through, | 在她经历过那些之后 告诉我的妻子 |
[28:12] | that no, she cannot have the one thing | 不行 她不能拥有 |
[28:14] | she believes will make her happy. | 能让她快乐的东西 |
[28:15] | An affair that would get her killed. | 那只是会让她没命的风流韵事 |
[28:17] | Look, I know this must hurt. | 我知道这让你很受伤 |
[28:19] | But if you can’t dissuade Mary from this course, | 但如果你无法劝阻玛丽 |
[28:21] | then you owe it to her to do what you can to protect her. | 那你就必须保护好她 这是你欠她的 |
[28:24] | As a king, you can squash rumors, | 作为国王 你能镇压谣言 |
[28:26] | and if that fails, | 就算不行 |
[28:26] | you can shield them from the severest punishment. | 你也能阻止最坏的情况发生 |
[28:29] | It is a betrayal. | 这是背叛 |
[28:30] | Do you think Mary turns to Conde to hurt you? | 你觉得玛丽是故意找了康德来伤害你的吗 |
[28:33] | She loves you. | 她爱你 |
[28:34] | She does what she does because she sees no other option. | 她这样做是因为别无选择 |
[28:37] | She’s desperate to get past her pain, to heal. | 她极度渴望摆脱过去的痛苦 想治愈自己 |
[28:40] | So I should stand by, a king, | 所以我 一个国王 只能袖手旁观 |
[28:43] | and grant my wife free rein to be with another man? | 任由她从别的男人身上寻求安慰吗 |
[28:46] | I don’t know, Francis. | 我不知道 弗朗西斯 |
[28:48] | It depends on how much you love her. | 这取决于你有多爱她 |
[28:50] | And how much you want her to heal. | 有多想她痊愈 |
[28:54] | And to heal yourself. | 也治愈你自己 |
[29:00] | Majesty, your queen has arrived, and she bids that you join her. | 陛下 您的王后到了 想让您过去 |
[29:03] | Jeanne? | 珍妮 |
[29:04] | She’s here? Since when? | 她来了 什么时候来的 |
[29:05] | She arrived a few minutes ago. | 几分钟前到的 |
[29:10] | Hurry. | 快 |
[29:11] | My wife needs a chair. | 我妻子需要一把椅子 |
[29:11] | – Your Grace. – My lady. | -陛下 -陛下 |
[29:13] | – Some water! – Water! | -拿点水 -拿水来 |
[29:15] | Are you all right, my darling? | 亲爱的 你还好吗 |
[29:24] | Give me one moment. | 等我一会儿 |
[29:29] | Kenna, please stop. | 肯娜 请留步 |
[29:31] | Listen. | 听着 |
[29:32] | Whatever you think you may know, | 无论你怎么想 |
[29:34] | my wife is pregnant, yes, | 我妻子怀孕了 是的 |
[29:35] | but she’s still very ill. | 但她仍然病重 |
[29:36] | That’s why I sent for her– | 所以我才派人叫她来… |
[29:37] | I thought she might want to meet you… | 我想她可能会想见你… |
[29:38] | Enough! | 够了 |
[29:40] | You didn’t invite her. I did. | 她不是你请来的 是我 |
[29:42] | I had to see this illness of hers for myself. | 我必须亲眼看看她的情况 |
[29:46] | So you were testing my story. | 所以你在质疑我吗 |
[29:47] | Bash was right. | 巴斯说得对 |
[29:48] | Your only intention was vengeance | 你的唯一目的就是 |
[29:49] | on him for killing your brother. | 为了你的兄弟向他复仇 |
[29:51] | You never intended to marry me, not for one moment. | 你从来就没想过要娶我 完全没有 |
[29:54] | Just to bed me, | 只是想睡我 |
[29:56] | to punish my husband. | 惩罚我的丈夫 |
[29:58] | You’re right. | 是 |
[29:59] | It began that way, but I do want you. | 一开始是那样 但我想要你 |
[30:01] | As what?! | 你要怎样 |
[30:02] | I thought I’d convince you to be my mistress. | 我以为你能成为我的情妇 |
[30:06] | Because I’d be ruined. | 那样就能毁了我 |
[30:08] | And… my husband humiliated. | 也羞辱了我的丈夫 |
[30:12] | Well, I can’t deny hoping for that last bit. | 后一点我不能否认 |
[30:16] | You judge me, but you don’t know who these people are. | 你这样评判我 但却不知道他们是怎样的人 |
[30:18] | They’ve committed atrocities. | 他们犯下了滔天暴行 |
[30:20] | Murder by the thousands. | 是杀害成千上万人的凶手 |
[30:21] | They are rulers. This is the price they pay. | 他们是统治者 这就是代价 |
[30:23] | You can still leave with me. | 你还是可以和我走 |
[30:25] | I will love you and make you happy. | 我会爱你 让你快乐 |
[30:27] | I am happy! | 我现在就很快乐 |
[30:30] | And I love my husband. | 我爱我的丈夫 |
[30:34] | If my wife had arrived gravely ill, | 如果我的妻子的确带着一身重病而来 |
[30:37] | you’d have left your husband. | 你肯定就离开你丈夫了 |
[30:39] | Your marriage is already over. | 你的婚姻已经结束了 |
[30:42] | You just don’t know it yet. | 只是你还不知道而已 |
[30:55] | – Francis, we need to talk. – I know. | -弗朗西斯 我们需要谈谈 -我知道 |
[30:57] | I was going to come and find you | 我本来准备调整好自己 |
[30:59] | once I could bring myself to do it. | 就去找你的 |
[31:03] | I assume you’re here about Conde. | 我想你来是为了康德吧 |
[31:05] | In a way, yes. | 从某种程度上来说是的 |
[31:06] | He is yours. | 他是你的了 |
[31:09] | You’re free… | 你自由了 |
[31:10] | to do as you please. | 想做什么就做什么吧 |
[31:13] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[31:15] | What’s changed? | 你为什么改主意了 |
[31:18] | I cannot bear to see you in pain. | 我无法眼看着你痛苦 |
[31:21] | And I will not be the cause of any more suffering. | 也不想再给你造成任何痛苦 |
[31:24] | Even if your pain results from being kept | 就算你的痛苦来自于 |
[31:27] | from another man whom you desire. | 无法去到另一个男人的身边 |
[31:29] | – Francis… – It’s best that you don’t interrupt. | -弗朗西斯 -你最好别打断我 |
[31:32] | This is not easy or pleasant, | 这不好受也不容易 |
[31:33] | and I’m not even sure if it’s wise. | 我甚至不知道这样是否明智 |
[31:36] | But if you sincerely believe that | 但如果你真心认为 |
[31:38] | your best path to healing is at his side, | 在他身边对你最好的话 |
[31:39] | I will not stand in your way. | 我不会妨碍你 |
[31:43] | You may remain at court with Conde | 你可以和康德在一起 在宫廷里 |
[31:45] | with my protection. | 在我的保护下 |
[31:47] | Don’t make me regret this, Mary. | 别让我后悔 玛丽 |
[31:49] | For God’s sake, be careful. | 看在上帝的份上 小心点 |
[31:52] | Just don’t be seen with him. | 别让别人看到 |
[31:55] | I will protect you as best I can, | 我会尽可能保护你们 |
[31:56] | silence any rumors I’m able to. | 尽量不让任何谣言出现 |
[32:00] | But if there is ever proof… | 但如果有证据… |
[32:01] | If we are caught together, you mean. | 你是说如果我们被人看到 |
[32:04] | If there is a child. | 如果有了孩子 |
[32:10] | I’m sorry we’ve come to this. | 对不起 我们要说到孩子 |
[32:13] | Well, it’s as you suggested months ago. | 就像你几个月前建议的 |
[32:18] | Let us hope that this allows | 希望这样至少能让 |
[32:19] | one of us to be happy at least. | 我们当中的一方快乐 |
[32:40] | Ask for Baron Eduard at the ball, and tell him you’re seeking | 在舞会上请爱德华男爵跳舞 告诉他 |
[32:43] | his training in how to become more skillful courtesans. | 你需要他的调教 你想成为更厉害的交际花 |
[32:46] | That should flatter his ego. | 这样就能奉承到他心坎里 |
[32:47] | Teach us to be better whores? | 教导我们成为更好的妓女吗 |
[32:49] | I like it. Wish us luck. | 我喜欢 祝我们好运吧 |
[32:58] | My, how the tables have turned. | 看呐 这下倒过来啦 |
[33:01] | Now it’s you who fears being seen with me. | 现在到你害怕被人看到和我在一起啦 |
[33:03] | Greer, you all but announced at that market that you are… | 葛瑞尔 你在市场上几乎就承认了你是… |
[33:07] | A madam? | 一个鸨母吗 |
[33:09] | – I am, Leith. – You must separate yourself | -我是 利思 -你必须退出 |
[33:11] | from this trade, from these women. | 离开这些女人 |
[33:13] | I’m trapped | 我的丈夫 |
[33:14] | in a marriage to a man in prison for treason. | 犯了叛国罪入狱 我被困在这段婚姻里 |
[33:16] | I’m disgraced in the eyes of the Crown | 在王室以及大部分人看来 |
[33:18] | and most of this village. | 我已经失宠了 |
[33:20] | I have nothing to offer any man. | 对男人来说我没有任何价值 |
[33:21] | And little enough to offer a friend. | 对朋友来说我也毫无益处 |
[33:23] | Except for the women I’m helping. | 除了那些我在帮助的女人们 |
[33:25] | I can’t give that up. | 我不能放弃她们 |
[33:27] | Not even for your approval. | 即使是你反对也一样 |
[33:33] | It’s a hard enough life without seeing your disappointment. | 就算没你的失望我的生活也已经够艰难了 |
[33:36] | So I’ll make it easier on both of us | 所以为了咱们好 |
[33:38] | and go elsewhere. | 我会离开这里 |
[34:09] | I don’t care what you do. | 我不介意你做什么 |
[34:10] | I don’t care what they say. I want you. | 也不介意他们怎么说 我想要你 |
[34:13] | I want you. | 我想要你 |
[34:20] | Don’t. | 别 |
[34:22] | Don’t stop. | 别停下 |
[34:48] | I got word that you were leaving. | 听说你要走了 |
[34:50] | I’m finding this French court extremely trying. | 这个法国宫廷真让人厌烦 |
[34:53] | I’d like to leave with at least one prospect intact. | 希望还有一样是好的 |
[34:55] | Please tell me you’ve ended things with Mary, | 快告诉我你和玛丽已经结束了 |
[34:57] | so I don’t have to go back inside and tell Francis | 这样我就不必进去告诉弗朗西斯 |
[34:59] | what you’ve been doing with his wife. | 你和他妻子都做了些什么 |
[35:01] | You told me that blood, family… | 你对我说过 血缘 家族 |
[35:04] | is everything, and I am your brother. | 是一个人的所有 我是你的弟弟 |
[35:06] | I don’t think you’d risk my death. | 你不会想让我死的 |
[35:07] | It is you who is taking the risk, and for what? | 是你自找的 你为了什么呢 |
[35:11] | Love. | 爱 |
[35:11] | Mary will never leave Francis. | 玛丽永远不会离开弗朗西斯 |
[35:14] | She has a duty not only to France, but to Scotland. | 她的职责不仅在于法国 还在苏格兰 |
[35:17] | I don’t need a lecture on politics, Antoine… | 我不需要你给我上政治课 安托万 |
[35:18] | Then on love. | 那就上爱情课吧 |
[35:21] | For theirs was rumored to be great. | 因为传闻他们情比金坚 |
[35:23] | If Mary can turn away from her husband after being married | 如果玛丽能在婚后不满一年就背叛她丈夫 |
[35:25] | for less than a year, then she is a fickle | 那她就是一个薄情 |
[35:27] | and foolish woman. | 又愚蠢的女人 |
[35:35] | That may have been your one chance to harm a king and live. | 也许这次你能打伤一个国王却还能保命 |
[35:42] | When this is over, | 这之后 |
[35:43] | you will be running for your life. | 你就会疲于逃命 |
[35:46] | Having turned down the queen of England, who will despise you, | 拒绝了英格兰女王 她会轻视你 |
[35:49] | and been cast aside by the queen of Scots, | 你会被苏格兰女王抛弃 |
[35:51] | who will want you gone. | 她会希望你消失 |
[35:53] | Your parting will happen slowly, | 但这不会太快 |
[35:55] | by the way, as Mary knows you’ve risked your life. | 玛丽知道你在拿生命冒险 |
[35:59] | Oh, my guess is that she’ll inch back to her husband, | 我想她会慢慢会到她丈夫身边 |
[36:02] | feeling guilty for costing you your head. | 因为害了你的性命她良心不安 |
[36:05] | Because even Mary knows | 因为她知道 |
[36:07] | that Francis will find a way to kill you for this. | 弗朗西斯会找机会为此杀了你 |
[36:10] | A knife in the back, perhaps. | 也许会在背后捅你一刀 |
[36:11] | The Valois way. | 瓦卢瓦家族就擅长这个 |
[36:15] | Please… be sensible, Louis. | 懂点事吧 路易斯 |
[36:18] | Meet with Elizabeth’s envoy. | 去见见伊丽莎白的使者 |
[36:20] | Build a future controlled by you, | 创造自己可以控制的未来 |
[36:23] | not the changeable heart of a woman. | 而非寄希望于一个女人善变的心 |
[36:28] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[36:29] | I’ve left a parting gift for Kenna and Bash, | 我给肯娜和巴斯留了份离别赠礼 |
[36:32] | and soon I’ll be even less welcome than I am now. | 再过一会儿他们会更不欢迎我的 |
[36:48] | Bash, if you meant what you said, and you’ll take me to Paris, | 巴斯 如果你还想带我去巴黎的话 |
[36:50] | then I would like to go soon. | 我们快点走吧 |
[36:51] | Now, even. | 现在就走都行 |
[36:52] | Someone left this letter on my desk. | 有人留了这封信在我桌上 |
[36:54] | It’s addressed to the queen of Navarre, Antoine’s wife. | 是给纳瓦拉王后 安托万的妻子的 |
[36:57] | It’s an invitation to the tasting. | 品尝会邀请函 |
[36:59] | Written by you. | 是你写的 |
[37:03] | It must have been dropped off here by a servant, | 肯定是仆人落下的 |
[37:05] | after the queen presented it. | 就在她来了之后 |
[37:07] | Why did you invite her in the first place? | 你为什么要邀请她呢 |
[37:09] | You write, “We do hope | 你写着 我们希望 |
[37:11] | your recent illness will not prevent your attendance.” | 您的病不会阻碍您的出席 |
[37:13] | What recent illness? | 什么病 |
[37:15] | Who told you the queen was sick? Why was this left on my desk? | 谁告诉你她病了 为什么信会放在我桌上 |
[37:18] | Is it some kind of coded message? | 这是什么密信吗 |
[37:19] | Is this Antoine’s work? Kenna, say something! | 是安托万做的吗 肯娜你说话啊 |
[37:21] | Please stop! Just stop! | 别说了 别说了 |
[37:25] | I’m so tired of all the lies. | 我不想再撒谎了 |
[37:28] | Of making you believe I’m someone I’m not. | 就为了让你相信我是一个多么美好的人 |
[37:32] | He asked me to marry him, Bash. | 他让我嫁给他 巴斯 |
[37:34] | He said he’d make me a queen. | 他说我会成为王后 |
[37:36] | He was lying, of course. | 当然他骗了我 |
[37:38] | But I was ready to say yes. | 但我已经准备好要答应他了 |
[37:40] | I wanted it. | 我想要 |
[37:42] | I wanted a different life. | 想要一份不同的生活 |
[37:43] | I wanted things you could never give me. | 想要你不给我的东西 |
[37:46] | And never can. | 你也给不了 |
[37:52] | Then there is no reason for me to be here. | 那我就没有留在这里的必要了 |
[38:28] | Look at that forehead. | 看看他的额头 |
[38:29] | So smooth. | 多光滑 |
[38:31] | Free of worry. | 毫无忧愁 |
[38:33] | Ah, I envy him of that. | 真让我羡慕啊 |
[38:35] | I do, too. | 我也是 |
[38:38] | I thought you’d want to know that I… | 你可能想知道 |
[38:41] | I took your advice. | 我听了你的建议 |
[38:43] | I let Mary go. | 对玛丽放手了 |
[38:45] | You did? | 是吗 |
[38:46] | I did. | 是的 |
[38:48] | I hated it, every moment of it. | 虽然那时每一刻都让我煎熬 |
[38:50] | But now, somehow I… I feel better. | 但现在 我似乎感觉好一点了 |
[38:53] | Awful, but better. | 很糟糕 但在变好 |
[38:56] | You are a kind | 你是一个善良 |
[38:57] | and selfless man. | 无私的人 |
[39:01] | And you were right. | 你是对的 |
[39:04] | As you so often are. | 你总是对的 |
[39:06] | Now that Mary is free to move on without me… | 没有我 玛丽现在可以自由地继续生活了… |
[39:10] | I find that I’m free to do the same. | 我发现我也自由了 |
[39:13] | Lately I’ve found that… | 我发现… |
[39:15] | the only times that I feel truly safe in this castle, untaxed, | 在这城堡里 我感到真正安全的时刻 |
[39:19] | unworried and… peaceful | 感到无忧无虑的平静的时刻 |
[39:22] | as this lucky child here, | 像这好运的孩子一样的时刻 |
[39:23] | is when I’m with you. | 都是和你在一起的时候 |
[39:28] | Francis, no. | 弗朗西斯 不 |
[39:32] | We both still love Mary. | 我们都还爱着玛丽 |
[39:35] | And who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[39:37] | When she finds the strength to truly love again, | 当她找回真爱的力量时 |
[39:40] | you may find you’re not as free from her as you think. | 也许你会发现你根本没有对她完全放手呢 |
[39:53] | Louis, come in quickly. | 路易斯 快进来 |
[39:55] | I got your summons. I was worried. | 为什么叫我来 我很担心 |
[39:58] | Francis has had a change of heart. | 弗朗西斯改变心意了 |
[39:59] | He’s not going to stand in our way. | 他不会阻止我们在一起 |
[40:01] | We have to be discreet, of course, but… | 我们必须小心 当然 但是… |
[40:02] | – As soon as we go to Scotland… – Well, there’s no need to rush | -我们快去苏格兰… -不急 |
[40:04] | our departure now. We can be cautious. | 我们不急着走 我们可以谨慎一点 |
[40:07] | How cautious? | 要怎样谨慎 |
[40:09] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[40:11] | What if Francis changes his mind again? | 如果弗朗西斯再改变主意呢 |
[40:13] | What if this promise of safety here is fleeting? | 如果他的保证转瞬即逝呢 |
[40:16] | Francis has given this much painful thought. | 弗朗西斯已经痛苦地思考清楚了 |
[40:19] | He didn’t make this decision easily. | 他做这个决定并不容易 |
[40:21] | Exactly! | 没错 |
[40:21] | What man, what king, would give another man his wife? | 哪个男人哪个国王会轻易把妻子给别的男人 |
[40:24] | Mary, we need to get out of here. | 玛丽 我们必须离开这里 |
[40:25] | You do realize that even in Scotland, | 你要知道就算在苏格兰 |
[40:27] | we would have to be discreet. | 我们也要小心谨慎 |
[40:29] | Of course I understand that. | 我当然知道 |
[40:30] | But you would be queen of your own nation. | 但那时候你就是自己国家的女王 |
[40:31] | You would have some additional freedom. | 就会有一些额外的自由 |
[40:34] | Unless you’re having second thoughts of leaving at all. | 除非你现在不想走了 |
[40:36] | We are going to Scotland. | 我们要去苏格兰 |
[40:38] | I am needed there, and I want you at my side. | 我要回去 也要你在我身边 |
[40:42] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[40:46] | How do you feel about Francis? | 那你对弗朗西斯是什么感觉 |
[40:48] | You don’t think this | 你不会觉得 |
[40:50] | act of unprecedented generosity | 这个不可思议的大方的决定 |
[40:52] | is a trick somehow? | 是个骗局吧 |
[40:54] | Francis has only ever wanted to protect me. | 弗朗西斯只想保护我 |
[40:56] | Because he loves you. | 因为他爱你 |
[40:58] | Because he wants you back. | 因为他想让你回到他身边 |
[40:59] | He’s doing this to win you back. | 他这么做是想赢回你 |
[41:01] | I can hear you soften toward him. | 我听出你说到他时语气变温柔了 |
[41:03] | You and I have made plans together. | 我们已经共同商量好了计划 |
[41:06] | And that hasn’t changed. | 计划不会改变 |
[41:08] | But we need to trust each other. | 我们必须相信彼此 |
[41:12] | Do we trust each other? | 我们彼此相信吗 |
[41:16] | All right. | 好吧 |
[41:18] | Of course, I trust you. | 我当然相信你 |
[41:31] | She’ll be pleased to hear what you’ve told me today. | 她一定很乐意听到你的今日所言 |
[41:33] | A marriage alliance like this would be | 这样的联姻 |
[41:34] | a boon to her people… | 是她子民的福泽 |
[41:37] | and yours. | 也是你的 |
[41:38] | Please send her my warmest personal regards. | 请带去我真挚的问候 |
[41:41] | From what I’ve been told, | 我说过了 |
[41:42] | there’s no queen more beautiful, | 没有女王能比伊丽莎白 |
[41:43] | gracious or wise than Elizabeth. | 更美丽更慷慨更明智 |