时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I wanted a different life, | 我想要一份不同的生活 |
[00:03] | things you could never give me. | 想要你不给我的东西 |
[00:05] | Then there is no reason for me to be here. | 那我就没有留在这里的必要了 |
[00:07] | I have a feeling I’ve just begun to learn | 似乎我才刚刚了解到 |
[00:08] | the extent of your skills. | 你才能的冰山一角 |
[00:10] | General Renaude. | 雷诺德将军 |
[00:11] | General… is it? | 你是将军吗 |
[00:13] | Catherine, I care about you. | 凯瑟琳 我在乎你 |
[00:17] | 2,000 French soldiers to Scotland | 派两千士兵到苏格兰 |
[00:19] | means fewer soldiers facing England, | 意味着要削减抵御英格兰的士兵 |
[00:21] | less on our borders with Navarre, | 还要削减纳瓦拉边境上的兵力 |
[00:23] | the Italian and German territories. | 还有意大利和德国的领土 |
[00:24] | And those are just our foreign threats. | 那些都是国外的威胁 |
[00:26] | How can I betray my husband’s wishes, | 我怎么能违背丈夫的意愿 |
[00:28] | endanger his country? | 把他的国家置于危险之中 |
[00:29] | I have ordered 2,000 French troops to sail to Scotland. | 我已命令两千法国军队出海前往苏格兰 |
[00:32] | France can withstand a temporary absence of troops. | 法国可以承受暂时缺少兵力 |
[00:35] | – I can’t leave now, Louis. What do you see now? | -我现在不能走 路易斯 -你现在觉得呢 |
[00:38] | An affair under your husband’s roof and nothing more? | 就只是在你丈夫眼皮底下的一场外遇吗 |
[00:41] | That’s all I can offer you. | 我只能给你这么多 |
[01:38] | Louis, you’re back. | 路易斯 你回来了 |
[01:39] | I was starting to worry you’d given up on us. | 我都开始担心你放弃了 |
[01:43] | I went home to my region. | 我回了领地一趟 |
[01:46] | I needed time and distance from you to think. | 我需要离开你花点时间思考一下 |
[01:48] | I know I promised you so much more | 我知道我们准备去苏格兰时 |
[01:50] | when we were going to Scotland, but I can’t leave. | 我跟你承诺了很多事 但我现在不能走 |
[01:53] | Not when Francis has sent so many troops | 毕竟弗朗西斯现在派了一大批军队 |
[01:55] | to defend my country, my throne. | 去保卫我的国家 我的王位 |
[01:57] | Oh, you had to protect your crown, Mary. | 你得保护自己的王位 玛丽 |
[02:00] | You did the right thing. | 你这样做是正确的 |
[02:01] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[02:03] | Did I do right by you? | 我这样对你是正确的吗 |
[02:07] | You offered me an affair in the home of your husband. | 在你丈夫的国家 你愿意给我一次外遇的机会 |
[02:10] | I’m offering you me… my love. | 我给你的是我 我的爱 |
[02:13] | These last few weeks without you… | 最近几周你不在我身边 |
[02:17] | I felt as though I was dying. | 我感觉我快死了 |
[02:21] | Louis… | 路易斯 |
[02:24] | did you come here to say good-bye? | 你是来道别的吗 |
[02:26] | Or did you hope that I would? | 还是你希望我来说 |
[02:28] | Because that’s not what I want. | 因为我不想那样 |
[02:31] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[02:33] | And I want us to be together. | 我想要我们在一起 |
[02:47] | Riding again? | 又在骑马啊 |
[02:48] | So soon after your injury? | 刚受伤没多久你就骑马 |
[02:50] | I’ve healed quickly. | 我康复得很快 |
[02:51] | It brings me peace, being out in the woods. | 去森林能让我平静 |
[02:53] | You mean, being alone. | 你是说独自一人更平静吧 |
[02:56] | I know that this has been hard on you, too, | 我知道你也很难熬 |
[02:59] | our separation, but to see you flee | 我们必须分开 但是看见你 |
[03:01] | an entire castle just to avoid being around me… | 离开城堡 只是为了避开我… |
[03:04] | – You needn’t worry. – But I do. | -你没必要担心 -但我会担心 |
[03:06] | I don’t want to see you suffer on my account. | 我不想看你因为我受煎熬 |
[03:09] | I’m fine, really. | 我真的没事 |
[03:10] | Recovering in all ways. | 各方面都在康复 |
[03:12] | Well, then, why are you spending all of your days in the woods? | 那你为什么一整天都待在森林里 |
[03:14] | There’s a friend that I’ve been passing time with– | 我有一个陪着我打发时间的朋友 |
[03:17] | fishing, hunting. | 钓鱼打猎 |
[03:18] | But you don’t have any friends. | 但你没有朋友 |
[03:20] | You have people you’re bound to– | 你有固定的交际圈… |
[03:22] | your brother, me… | 你弟弟 我… |
[03:26] | Who is this friend? | 那这个朋友是谁 |
[03:27] | It’s no one you know. | 你不认识 |
[03:28] | Well, does this friend have a name? | 这个朋友有名字吗 |
[03:32] | Breasts? A vagina? | 胸 阴道 |
[03:34] | Stop! Yes. Yes, to both. | 别说了 都有 |
[03:37] | None of your business, | 这不关你的事 |
[03:38] | as your doings are none of mine. | 我也不会过问你的事 |
[03:40] | My lord, | 大人 |
[03:41] | we need you immediately. | 请跟我来 |
[03:47] | Protestant rebels have seized | 新教叛军占领了 |
[03:48] | the Benedictine monastery outside Angers. | 昂热城外的本笃会修道院 |
[03:50] | There are at least a dozen of them, heavily armed. | 至少有一打人 全副武装 |
[03:53] | They’ve rounded up the children, | 他们将孩子们剧集在一处 |
[03:54] | killed all the guards and the monks. | 杀了所有守卫和修道士 |
[03:56] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[03:56] | Save two who managed to escape. | 我的人救下了两个成功逃走的人 |
[03:58] | I just heard. | 我刚听说了 |
[04:00] | How many are dead? | 有多少人死了 |
[04:01] | At least 40. 19 hostages. | 至少40人 19个人质 |
[04:03] | If the boys are still alive. | 如果那些小男孩还活着的话 |
[04:05] | Children. | 那些孩子们 |
[04:06] | What are these radicals doing? | 这些激进分子在干什么 |
[04:07] | Ransoming them, or do they plan | 勒索赎金吗 还是计划 |
[04:08] | to slaughter them, as well? | 要屠杀他们 |
[04:10] | It’s further retaliation for | 这是对你派遣军队去苏格兰的 |
[04:11] | sending our troops into Scotland. | 进一步的报复 |
[04:12] | For supporting me, a Catholic queen. | 为了支持我 天主教王后 |
[04:14] | I knew that there would be consequences. | 我就知道会有后果 |
[04:16] | France had to honor its alliance. | 法国得尊重联盟 |
[04:17] | Francis, the parents, some of the local nobles | 弗朗西斯 孩子们的父母 当地贵族 |
[04:20] | are beginning to gather to meet with us. | 聚集起来要和我们见面 |
[04:27] | Has General Savoy and his men returned? | 萨瓦将军和他的手下回来了吗 |
[04:29] | He’s still in Scotland doing another advance sweep, | 他还在苏格兰的边境 |
[04:31] | in the borderlands. | 进行扫荡 |
[04:32] | We need those troops. | 我们需要那些军队 |
[04:34] | We’ll put together a team from the castle, | 我们从城堡里调出一支军队 |
[04:35] | as many soldiers as we can spare. | 分出尽可能多的士兵 |
[04:37] | These men aren’t trained for that type of mission. | 这些士兵未受过特训 无法完成这种任务 |
[04:38] | Extracting children from an armed assault. | 从武装分子手里救出孩子 |
[04:41] | The boys could die in the melee. | 孩子们可能在混战中死去 |
[04:42] | Prepare them anyway, as a last resort. | 让他们做好准备吧 实在不行也只有他们了 |
[04:50] | What are you doing to save our sons? | 你要怎么拯救我们的孩子 |
[04:54] | We are sending envoys to negotiate their release, | 我们派遣使者前去协商释放事宜 |
[04:58] | and if that fails, we will secure | 如果失败了 我们会守住 |
[04:59] | the safest possible route to rescue them. | 最安全的可能路线来拯救他们 |
[05:01] | This scum would never have dared | 如果我们的军队还在 |
[05:03] | to take our sons hostage, | 这些人渣绝不敢 |
[05:04] | or kill men of God, if our army were here. | 将我们的孩子劫为人质 或者杀害修道士 |
[05:07] | Count, watch your tongue. | 公爵 注意你的说辞 |
[05:09] | I know that you fear for the life of your son, | 我知道你担心你儿子的性命 |
[05:11] | but you are addressing your sovereign king. | 但你是在和君主说话 |
[05:16] | These rebels will be captured and hanged, | 我们会抓住并处死这些叛军 |
[05:19] | and I will do everything in this nation’s power | 我会举全国之力 |
[05:21] | to return your sons to you safely. | 将你们的儿子送还 |
[05:23] | We know there is nothing | 我们知道 |
[05:24] | more precious to you than your children, | 没有什么比你们的孩子更珍贵 |
[05:26] | and we will defend them as if they were our own. | 我们会将他们视若己出 全力营救 |
[05:31] | Come, let us leave the king to attend to your sons. | 走吧 让国王专心想办法营救孩子们吧 |
[05:42] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[05:43] | Those poor boys must be terrified, | 那些可怜的孩子们肯定吓坏了 |
[05:45] | trapped by violent men, | 被狂暴的男人圈禁 |
[05:47] | not knowing if they’re going to die. | 担心自己会不会死 |
[05:49] | You can’t even imagine, Francis. | 你根本想象不到 弗朗西斯 |
[05:51] | We will save them. | 我们会救出他们的 |
[05:53] | And you are safe… here with me. | 你和我在一起 也很安全 |
[05:59] | Welcome back, My Lord! | 欢迎回来 大人 |
[06:08] | – Follow me. – I… | -跟我来 -我… |
[06:10] | To your chambers, My Lord? | 去您的寝殿吗 大人 |
[06:12] | I was coming to tell you that | 我本打算告诉你 |
[06:14] | Conde had returned to court. | 康德回来了 |
[06:16] | He was gone for weeks. | 他离开好几周了 |
[06:18] | I’m sorry if you thought it was over. | 如果你以为我和他结束了 我很遗憾 |
[06:22] | Well… you were planning | 你还曾打算 |
[06:24] | to abandon our marriage, flee France | 背弃我们的婚姻 逃离法国 |
[06:26] | and run off with my cousin, so… | 和我的表亲私奔呢 |
[06:30] | I no longer care what you do. | 我已经不在意你的所作所为了 |
[07:15] | Francis… he’s under so much pressure. | 弗朗西斯 他的压力太大了 |
[07:18] | Those poor boys at the monastery, | 修道院里那些可怜的孩子 |
[07:21] | shortage of troops, | 缺少军队 |
[07:21] | and now Conde has returned. | 如今康德又回来了 |
[07:24] | How that Bourbon continues to keep his head, I don’t know. | 我不知道他这个波旁是怎么保住脑袋的 |
[07:27] | It sickens me, | 真让我厌恶 |
[07:29] | the way that he has taken advantage of Mary | 他趁虚而入 |
[07:31] | at such a vulnerable time. | 占了玛丽的便宜 |
[07:34] | Vulnerable? How? | 趁虚而入 怎么说 |
[07:37] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[07:38] | Every time I see him | 每次我看见他 |
[07:40] | I want to tear him to pieces, | 都想把他撕成碎片 |
[07:41] | I want to crush him in my fist. | 亲手捏碎他 |
[07:44] | You… are so frustrated. | 别这么暴躁 |
[07:48] | Well, not the least of which because I have to endure | 最令我不开心的是每次我要见你 |
[07:51] | a freezing carriage every time I crave your touch. | 都得忍受冻死人的马车 |
[07:58] | Well… it won’t be long | 用不了多久 |
[08:00] | before I am slipping | 我就能回到 |
[08:01] | into your warm, | 你那温暖的 |
[08:04] | royal bed. | 皇家大床上了 |
[08:07] | I have a few ideas | 我已经想到了 |
[08:08] | about my return to court already. | 几个让我回到宫廷的方法 |
[08:12] | Do you never stop calculating? | 你有不算计的时候吗 |
[08:14] | No. | 没有 |
[08:15] | Never. | 从不停止 |
[08:17] | General Renaude can help us | 雷诺德将军能帮我们 |
[08:19] | with one plan. | 完成一个计划 |
[08:20] | And the other… | 另一个计划… |
[08:22] | could dispatch the Prince of Conde permanently. | 可以永远解决康德王子 |
[08:25] | How? | 怎么解决 |
[08:26] | Are you just teasing me? | 你是在挑逗我吗 |
[08:27] | It does come with a caveat. | 那个计划有点附加伤害 |
[08:29] | A few men would have to die. | 得死几个人 |
[08:31] | Men die every day in France. | 法国每天都在死人 |
[08:33] | I’m listening. | 接着说 |
[08:34] | I’ll tell you after. | 一会儿再告诉你 |
[08:36] | I don’t want you satisfied that quickly. | 我可不想你真么快就满足了 |
[08:45] | I can’t believe Bash has already moved on. | 难以相信巴斯这么快就走出情伤了 |
[08:47] | He could fall in love with a mushroom if he had to. | 要是有必要 他连蘑菇都能爱上 |
[08:49] | In love? | 爱上 |
[08:50] | She sounds more like a hunting chum. | 她听着就像个一起打猎的朋友 |
[08:52] | She’s not. | 她不是 |
[08:52] | You were ready to leave Bash for Antoine. | 你已经准备好为了安托万离开巴斯了 |
[08:55] | – Do you want him back? – No. | -你想重回他身边吗 -不想 |
[08:56] | We’d still have the same problems between us. | 我们之间还存在着相同的问题 |
[08:58] | You know, he wouldn’t spend a moment at home with me, | 他压根不愿在家陪我 一小会儿都不愿 |
[09:01] | yet he would happily die for a stranger, | 但只要事关贵族 |
[09:03] | if it were for a noble cause. | 他却甘愿为一个陌生人而死 |
[09:05] | At least you no longer have to feel guilty for leaving him. | 至少你不用再为离开他感到内疚了 |
[09:08] | There is that. | 说的没错 |
[09:09] | And besides, I really shouldn’t complain. | 况且 我真的不该抱怨 |
[09:10] | Look at us– we have all the luxuries imaginable, | 看看我们 一身奢华 |
[09:13] | and yet poor Greer is living God knows where. | 而可怜的葛瑞尔还不知道住在什么地方呢 |
[09:15] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[09:17] | The money we’re taking her should help a little bit. | 我们给她的钱应该能帮上点忙 |
[09:19] | Whatever her new place looks like, don’t say a word. | 不管她的新家怎么样 什么都别说 |
[09:23] | It’s bound to be ghastly. | 肯定免不了寒酸破败 |
[09:28] | Right this way. | 这边走 |
[09:34] | Greer, how can you afford this? | 葛瑞尔 你哪来的钱能住在这里 |
[09:35] | And who are your new housemates? | 你的新室友是谁 |
[09:38] | They’re not my housemates, | 她们不是我的室友 |
[09:39] | though, uh, they do… | 虽然她们确实… |
[09:43] | live here with me. | 和我一起住在这里 |
[09:45] | They are my workers. | 她们是我的姑娘 |
[09:47] | Working girls. | 接客的姑娘 |
[09:51] | I am a madam. | 我是个鸨母 |
[09:53] | A what? | 什么 |
[09:55] | I suppose you could say I fell into it. | 我可以说是堕落其中 |
[09:56] | And as it turns out, | 但结果证明 |
[09:58] | I’m quite good at it. | 我还挺擅长的 |
[10:00] | I think you’re being modest. | 这可不只是擅长了吧 |
[10:03] | It’s not the ideal vocation, I’ll admit. | 我承认这不是个理想的工作 |
[10:05] | But it pays well, | 但赚得多 |
[10:07] | and I’m in charge of my life for the very first time. | 我也第一次为我的人生做主 |
[10:11] | I hope you won’t judge me too harshly for it. | 希望你们别把我想的太不堪 |
[10:14] | Greer, we love you. | 葛瑞尔 我们爱你 |
[10:16] | We want you to be happy | 我们希望你快乐 |
[10:17] | and taken care of. | 有人照顾 |
[10:19] | I am happy, most days. | 大多时候我都很开心 |
[10:21] | Though, just this morning, | 虽然今天早上 |
[10:22] | I tried to buy damask for some drapes | 我想买点布料做帷幕时 |
[10:24] | and the proprietor nearly threw me out. | 店主差点把我打出来 |
[10:27] | It turns out her husband is a frequent visitor. | 结果是因为她丈夫是我的常客 |
[10:29] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[10:30] | – That’s horrible. – On the other hand, | -太可怕了 -另一方面 |
[10:32] | my new profession does require | 新工作倒是要求我 |
[10:33] | that I have champagne at the ready at all times. | 随时准备好香槟 |
[10:38] | You know what I just realized? | 我刚刚想到 |
[10:39] | We’re all basically | 我们基本上 |
[10:40] | fallen women– an unwed mother, a divorcee… | 都是沦落的女人 她未婚先孕 我离婚… |
[10:44] | eventually, and now a madam. | 反正都要离 还有一个鸨母 |
[10:47] | So I say to hell with what people think. | 所以管别人怎么想呢 |
[10:55] | Do it. | 掀开 |
[10:58] | You should be able to place them without being seen. | 应该不会有人发现 |
[11:01] | Complete with Conde’s seal. | 别忘了加上康德的标志 |
[11:03] | No one watches the dead. | 没人会注意死人 |
[11:15] | The scouts have reported back. | 侦查兵带回来消息了 |
[11:17] | The hostages are scattered throughout the monastery, | 人质被分散在修道院各处 |
[11:19] | making it impossible | 这样我就没办法 |
[11:19] | for us to rescue all the boys at once. | 一次救出所有的孩子了 |
[11:22] | And there are still no demands? | 他们还没有提要求吗 |
[11:24] | The radicals refuse to make contact. | 激进分子不和我们联系 |
[11:26] | That’s not the worst of it. | 这还不是最糟的 |
[11:27] | These men have gunpowder– | 那些人有火药 |
[11:28] | at least 30 barrels of it, | 至少有30桶 |
[11:30] | from what our scouts could see. | 侦查兵看到的是这样 |
[11:32] | No, they can’t… | 不会吧 |
[11:33] | They’re going to kill themselves and the boys. | 他们要和人质同归于尽 |
[11:37] | If they have no demands, what are they waiting for? | 如果没有要求 他们在等什么 |
[11:40] | They’re waiting for word to spread. | 他们要搞得人心惶惶 |
[11:42] | The longer we fear for those boys, | 我们为人质担心的时间越长 |
[11:43] | the stronger and more powerful that fear becomes. | 恐惧的力量就越强 |
[11:46] | Once they feel the terror’s taken hold, | 一旦他们觉得恐惧占据了主导 |
[11:47] | they’ll ignite the gunpowder. | 他们就会点燃火药 |
[11:49] | Making a name for themselves, | 为自己赚得名声 |
[11:50] | and their cause, that we will never forget. | 让我们永远无法释怀事件的起因 |
[11:52] | All this because I sent troops to Scotland for you. | 起因就是我为你派遣军队到苏格兰 |
[11:54] | I honored our alliance and our marriage | 我尊重我们的盟约和婚姻 |
[11:57] | after what you planned to do– abandon me | 完全不顾你曾经想要抛弃我和法国 |
[11:59] | and France to run away with your lover. | 和你的情人私奔 |
[12:02] | I was leaving | 我离开 |
[12:03] | to reclaim my country and my throne. | 是为了夺回我的国家和王位 |
[12:05] | You would’ve done the same. | 换做是你 你也会这么做 |
[12:10] | We can’t predict | 我们不知道 |
[12:11] | when their madness will decide to end this. | 那群疯子什么时候会动手 |
[12:12] | Those boys could die at any minute. | 那群孩子可能随时会死 |
[12:14] | Well, we can’t wait any longer. | 我们不能等了 |
[12:15] | Take your men, and free them now. | 带上你的人 救出人质 |
[12:17] | I will carry out your word. | 我会执行你的命令 |
[12:19] | And if need be, I will gladly | 如果需要 我很愿意 |
[12:20] | lay down my life for those children. | 为那些孩子牺牲自己 |
[12:21] | But you should know… | 但你该知道 |
[12:23] | the men we have are not right | 我们的人不适合 |
[12:24] | for this mission. | 执行这个任务 |
[12:26] | May God be with us. | 愿上帝与我们同在 |
[12:58] | Archers ready? | 弓箭手就位了吗 |
[12:59] | It’ll be any moment now. | 就位了 |
[13:05] | All clear. | 安全了 |
[13:07] | Let’s go. | 出发 |
[13:31] | Something’s wrong. | 不对劲 |
[13:33] | Stop! | 停 |
[13:34] | Fall back now! | 撤退 |
[13:36] | Fall back! | 撤退 |
[13:48] | I cannot begin to fathom | 我真不明白 |
[13:50] | the hatred of someone willing to hurt children. | 怎么会有人想要伤害孩子 |
[13:52] | And their hatred only incites more. | 这只会激发更多怨恨 |
[13:54] | Not just against the radicals, but against all Protestants. | 不仅针对激进分子 也针对新教徒 |
[13:57] | And Louis; the timing for his return couldn’t be worse. | 还有路易斯 他回法国的时机太糟了 |
[14:01] | What about the timing for you and Francis? | 你和弗朗西斯呢 |
[14:03] | Francis and I? | 弗朗西斯和我 |
[14:04] | Conde left so abruptly. | 康德走得那么突然 |
[14:06] | And you said yourself you weren’t sure | 你自己也说过 |
[14:08] | where you stood with him, | 你不确定和他是什么关系 |
[14:08] | now that you’re not going to Scotland. | 现在你也不去苏格兰了 |
[14:11] | You’re here. In France. | 你在法国 |
[14:13] | With Francis. | 和弗朗西斯待在一起 |
[14:14] | Francis tolerates me in my duty as queen. | 弗朗西斯对我当皇后没意见 |
[14:17] | But there is nothing left of our marriage to salvage. | 但我们的婚姻是无药可救了 |
[14:22] | Do you honestly believe there’s still hope for you and Conde? | 你真的以为你和康德之间还有希望吗 |
[14:25] | We knew that being together wasn’t going to be easy. | 我们知道在一起肯定困难重重 |
[14:27] | But Louis has risked so much for me. | 但路易斯为我冒了很多险 |
[14:30] | Mary, I understand what he has done for you. | 玛丽 我明白他为你付出了很多 |
[14:34] | He has helped you through | 他帮助你度过了一段 |
[14:35] | a terrible, painful time. | 艰难痛苦的时光 |
[14:38] | Is it possible you might | 你是不是 |
[14:40] | be confusing gratitude with love? | 把感激和爱搞混了 |
[14:43] | I’m not going to abandon him. | 我不会抛弃他的 |
[14:48] | The scouts reported | 侦查兵回报 |
[14:49] | there were only two rebels in the eastern grounds. | 东面只有两个叛乱份子 |
[14:51] | But after the raid, they admitted they hadn’t been sure. | 但突袭后 他们承认不太确定 |
[14:53] | Those boys’ lives are still at risk | 孩子们的生命仍然岌岌可危 |
[14:54] | because your men weren’t sure? | 只因为你的人不太确定 |
[14:56] | These men trained for conflicts so large | 这些人都是经过大战洗礼的 |
[14:58] | that a few men would never turn the tides of battle. | 这么点兵力绝不可能胜过他们 |
[15:00] | These are good soldiers, but they were the wrong soldiers, | 这些都是好士兵 但是训练的方向根本不对 |
[15:02] | and now three of them are dead because of it. | 现在已经有三个人为此丧命了 |
[15:04] | We knew this was a risk. | 我们都知道有风险 |
[15:06] | The rebels have now been alerted. | 叛乱分子现在警觉了 |
[15:08] | They’ll be quick to light that gunpowder if we try again. | 如果我们再进攻 他们肯定会点燃火药 |
[15:10] | Yes. No one in that monastery | 没错 如果我们再出错 |
[15:11] | will survive our next mistake. | 修道院里的人都会死 |
[15:13] | Francis, General Renaude has men at the ready. | 弗朗西斯 雷诺德将军手下有合适的人手 |
[15:16] | They are trained for this type of warfare. | 他们很擅长对付这类情况 |
[15:18] | And loyal to Narcisse. | 但他们忠于纳西斯 |
[15:20] | I wish that I could trust Narcisse. | 我也希望我能信任纳西斯 |
[15:22] | But everything that he touches just spills more blood. | 只要他插手 肯定要见血 |
[15:25] | I only know Renaude by reputation. | 我听说纳西斯的军队不错 |
[15:26] | He’s mercenary and ambitious, | 虽然见钱眼开 野心不小 |
[15:28] | but he’s good, very good. | 但他的确很在行 |
[15:32] | Take the offer. | 接受太后的建议吧 |
[15:38] | Bash is right. | 巴斯说得对 |
[15:39] | No matter what Narcisse’s motives, | 不管纳西斯的目的是什么 |
[15:41] | if Renaude can get those boys out safe… | 如果雷诺德能安全地救出小孩 |
[15:44] | he’s our only option. | 他就是我们唯一的选择 |
[15:48] | Do it. | 就这样吧 |
[15:49] | And bring them back. | 把他们带回来 |
[15:51] | Ready my horse. | 给我备马 |
[15:52] | And send word to General Renaude. | 给雷诺德将军带个口信 |
[15:55] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[15:56] | I don’t trust Narcisse, and least of all, | 我不信任纳西斯 尤其是在 |
[15:58] | when he’s doing the right thing. | 他做好事的时候 |
[16:00] | I will. | 我会的 |
[16:04] | I saw something at the monastery | 我在修道院看到了点事 |
[16:05] | you need to know about. | 需要告诉你 |
[16:07] | Bodies of some of the radicals that died in the initial assault | 在首次袭击中死亡的激进分子的尸体 |
[16:11] | were laying on the ground just outside the gate. | 被抛尸在门前的空地上 |
[16:13] | Some of them bore Conde’s crest. | 有人身上带着康德的纹章 |
[16:16] | Word that Conde’s a traitor | 有关康德可能是叛徒的谣言 |
[16:17] | would spread like wildfire, but… | 会火速传播出去 但他 |
[16:19] | Why align himself with these fanatics? | 为什么要跟这些狂热份子同流合污 |
[16:22] | He’s accepted at court, he has Mary’s protection, | 他被允许留在宫廷 还有玛丽的庇护 |
[16:24] | he has everything that he wants. | 他已经得到了想要的一切 |
[16:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:26] | But while Conde was away, he met with Protestant leaders | 但康德离开的时候和新教徒领袖会面过 |
[16:29] | who were furious with you for sending troops to Scotland. | 那首领对你派兵前往苏格兰一事十分愤怒 |
[16:32] | And our spies tell us that even once | 据我们的情报探子汇报 |
[16:33] | moderate Protestants speak of rebellion behind closed doors. | 以往温和派的新教徒都在私下议论谋反 |
[16:36] | You think Conde is with them? | 你认为康德和他们是一伙的吗 |
[16:38] | And it’s possible that, | 而且很有可能 |
[16:39] | in rebellion, Conde sees a path to power. | 康德在混乱中看到了夺权的机会 |
[16:41] | If Conde had anything to do with this, | 如果这事真的跟康德有关 |
[16:43] | nothing will keep him safe. | 谁也不能确保他的安全 |
[16:57] | What do we know, Joubert? | 乔伯 现在什么情况 |
[16:59] | General Renaude, we disabled the water pumps, | 雷诺德将军 我们关掉了水泵 |
[17:01] | forcing the radicals to use the stream. | 逼迫激进分子饮用溪河水 |
[17:03] | We captured two of them, and through interrogation, | 我们抓住了两个人 通过审问 |
[17:05] | we confirmed their numbers– | 确认了敌军的人数 |
[17:06] | 24 armed men. | 24个全副武装的士兵 |
[17:08] | What of the boys? | 那些男孩怎么样了 |
[17:09] | The gunpowder and most of the boys | 大多数男孩和火药一起 |
[17:10] | are being held at the chapel. | 被置放在教堂 |
[17:12] | Other hostages are being held in the dormitories. | 其他人质关在集体宿舍里 |
[17:14] | Good work, Lieutenant. | 好样的 中尉 |
[17:15] | Bash and I will take the chapel. | 我和巴斯守教堂 |
[17:17] | Joubert, the dormitories. | 乔伯负责集体宿舍 |
[17:19] | Move out. | 行动 |
[17:20] | Yes, sir! | 遵命 |
[17:20] | Move out! | 行动 |
[17:37] | They’re here! | 他们来了 |
[17:48] | Stop him! | 抓住他 |
[17:50] | The gunpowder! | 火药 |
[18:00] | Take up defensive positions. Others may be on their way. | 做好防御准备 可能还有后援 |
[18:02] | I’m going to check on the dormitories. | 我去集体宿舍那边看看 |
[18:04] | Go. We’ll take it from here. | 去吧 接下来交给我们 |
[18:09] | It’s all right. | 没事了 |
[18:11] | You’re safe. | 你们安全了 |
[18:17] | – Any news of the raid? – No, Your Grace. | -有突袭的消息吗 -没有 陛下 |
[18:18] | Lord Conde for you. | 康德伯爵来找您 |
[18:23] | Thank you for meeting with me, Lord Conde. | 谢谢你抽空来见我 康德伯爵 |
[18:25] | Please inform me when you receive news from Angers. | 有昂热的消息马上告诉我 |
[18:33] | Why did you come to me so openly? | 你为什么这么明目张胆地来找我 |
[18:35] | Is something wrong? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[18:36] | One of my footmen just informed me | 我的一个男仆刚向我报告 |
[18:37] | that some of my men were found dead | 我的几个手下被发现 |
[18:39] | amongst the radicals who overtook the monastery. | 与占领修道院的激进分子死在同处 |
[18:42] | Louis, I’m sorry to ask this but… | 路易斯 我不得不问 但… |
[18:44] | I had no part in this attack, Mary. | 这次袭击与我无关 玛丽 |
[18:46] | I’m not a traitor. | 我不是叛徒 |
[18:48] | Those bodies were planted there to blame me. | 那些尸体是有人为了栽赃嫁祸我准备的 |
[18:51] | Francis can’t accuse me of treason | 若是弗朗西斯想治我叛国罪 |
[18:53] | without also condemning you. | 肯定会连累到你 |
[18:54] | He’ll find another way to be rid of me. | 他会另寻他法除去我 |
[18:55] | Despite his personal feelings, | 尽管他不喜欢你 |
[18:57] | Francis would never fabricate evidence against you. | 弗朗西斯绝不会捏造证据陷害你 |
[19:00] | You know I don’t share your trust in him. | 你知道我不像你这样信任他 |
[19:02] | But even if you are right, | 即使你说得没错 |
[19:04] | it doesn’t change anything. | 这也改变不了什么 |
[19:06] | My enemies in court multiply by the day. | 我在宫廷的敌人与日俱增 |
[19:09] | Francis and Catherine hate me for being with you. | 弗朗西斯和凯瑟琳恨我与你相好 |
[19:11] | The rest hate me for being Protestant. | 其余则憎恨我的新教信仰 |
[19:13] | They want my head, Mary! | 他们都想让我死 玛丽 |
[19:15] | Francis will protect you. | 弗朗西斯会保护你 |
[19:17] | He will see through these false accusations. | 他不会相信这些虚假的指控 |
[19:19] | If I were Francis, I’d want me dead. | 如果我是弗朗西斯 我也会想让我死 |
[19:22] | But even if he’s too good a man to see it through, | 但即使他能看清这点 |
[19:24] | then there’s Catherine and her new lapdog Narcisse. | 但还有凯瑟琳和她的新走狗纳西斯 |
[19:26] | They’ll find a way. | 他们总会找到办法 |
[19:28] | If not this time, the next. | 即使这次不成功也会有下次 |
[19:31] | I have to leave court. | 我必须得离开宫廷 |
[19:33] | Maybe even France. | 连法国境内都不能待 |
[19:37] | Come with me to Scotland. | 跟我一起去苏格兰 |
[19:42] | It’s our last chance, | 这是我们最后的机会 |
[19:43] | the only way we can be together, Mary. | 这是我们能在一起的唯一办法 |
[19:47] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[19:49] | But you know I can’t go. | 但你明知道我不能走 |
[19:55] | Then that’s it, then. | 那就没有办法了 |
[19:59] | I’m so sorry! | 我很抱歉 |
[20:01] | I thought that our love would… | 我以为我们的爱… |
[20:02] | Would be enough? | 就足够了吗 |
[20:05] | No, you didn’t. | 不 事实并非如此 |
[20:06] | You warned me | 你警告过我 |
[20:07] | and warned me… that you are queen. | 不止一次 你是个女王 |
[20:13] | Louis, whatever you do, you can’t run. | 路易斯 不管你干什么 都不能逃跑 |
[20:16] | Stay until we have reclaimed the monastery. | 留下来 直到我们夺回修道院 |
[20:19] | And I will talk to Francis. | 我会为你向弗朗西斯求情 |
[20:23] | You gave me back my life. | 你让我重获新生 |
[20:27] | Now, let me save yours. | 现在让我救你一命 |
[20:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:46] | We cleared out the rest of the monastery. | 我们让所有人撤退了 |
[20:48] | 16 men, including the chapel. | 包括教堂 共有16个人 |
[20:49] | Eight in the dormitories. | 宿舍里有八人 |
[20:51] | So all the radicals are accounted for. | 所有的激进分子都找到了 |
[20:55] | They killed two of the boys in the commoners’ dormitory | 他们在宿舍杀害了两个男孩 |
[20:58] | before we could stop them. | 我们没来得及阻止 |
[21:02] | Where’s your Lieutenant Joubert? | 你的副手乔伯呢 |
[21:05] | Dead. | 死了 |
[21:06] | Knife to the chest. | 胸前中了一剑 |
[21:19] | You heard the rumors about Conde. | 你听到关于康德的流言了 |
[21:20] | He had no part of the attack. | 袭击和他无关 |
[21:22] | The nobles are already calling for his head. | 贵族们已经在悬赏他的脑袋了 |
[21:24] | Now that the children are safe, I’ll summon him for questioning. | 孩子们已经安全了 我会召见他来问话 |
[21:27] | Those men were planted there to implicate him. | 那些人明显就是来陷害他的 |
[21:30] | I know you are angry with me, and you have every right to be. | 我知道你生我的气 你也的确该生气 |
[21:33] | But don’t let that cloud your judgment. | 但你不要因此影响判断 |
[21:34] | Conde is innocent! | 康德是无辜的 |
[21:36] | You cannot know that. | 你保证不了 |
[21:38] | Two boys were killed in the monastery. | 修道院里死了两个孩子 |
[21:41] | Now, I swore that I would protect you being with Conde, | 我曾经发誓会保护你和康德的私情 |
[21:43] | but I will not turn a blind eye to evidence of his involvement. | 但我不能对他的罪行视若无睹 |
[21:46] | I understand why you no longer trust me, | 我现在明白了 你为什么不相信我 |
[21:48] | but trust what you know of him. | 却相信你所听闻的他 |
[21:50] | What I know of him? | 我听闻他什么 |
[21:53] | He took advantage of you | 他在你最脆弱的时候 |
[21:54] | when you were at your most vulnerable. | 利用了你 |
[21:57] | He knew the horrors that you had endured and saw an opportunity. | 他看透了你的恐惧无助 然后趁虚而入 |
[22:01] | He stole my wife. | 他偷走了我的妻子 |
[22:03] | The affair isn’t Conde’s fault. | 我们的私情不是康德的错 |
[22:06] | It’s mine. | 是我的错 |
[22:08] | I turned to him so many times. | 我多次向他靠近 |
[22:10] | I turned to him because I couldn’t turn to you. | 我靠近他 因为我无法靠近你 |
[22:13] | Because the thought of coming back to this room again, | 只要一想到再回到这个房间 |
[22:16] | where those men assaulted me, I… | 想到我在这里被侮辱 我… |
[22:19] | Because the love in your eyes made it feel like | 你眼里的爱意让我觉得 |
[22:22] | I was drowning in those memories, | 那些回忆将我淹没 |
[22:24] | and I couldn’t… | 我无法… |
[22:27] | I couldn’t do that, I had to survive. | 我不能那样 我必须振作 |
[22:30] | I cannot abandon him because I led him down this path. | 我不能离开他 因为是我引诱了他 |
[22:35] | Conde is still the man you thought he was. | 康德依然是你记忆中的那个人 |
[22:37] | He deserves your trust, even if I do not. | 你应该信任他 即使你不信任我了 |
[22:47] | I’ll speak to the nobles. | 我会劝说贵族们 |
[22:50] | Contempt alone is not enough to condemn a man. | 耻辱本身不足以给人定罪 |
[22:54] | Even the contempt of a king. | 即使是国王的耻辱也一样 |
[22:56] | Thank you, Francis. | 谢谢你 弗朗西斯 |
[22:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:04] | Lord Conde. | 康德伯爵 |
[23:07] | I don’t believe we’re acquainted. | 我不认识你 |
[23:08] | We have mutual friends. | 我们有位共同的朋友 |
[23:11] | I’m Lord Akers. | 我是埃克斯伯爵 |
[23:12] | – Elizabeth’s envoy. – You’ve received my messages. | -伊丽莎白的公使 -你收到过我的信函 |
[23:15] | I nearly believed that you cared more for your status | 我还以为 比起与伊丽莎白的婚姻 |
[23:17] | at the French court than a marriage to Elizabeth. | 你更关心你在法国宫廷中的地位 |
[23:20] | No, I-I’m still interested, | 不 我关心婚事 |
[23:22] | but as a prince of the blood, | 但作为皇族 |
[23:24] | marrying without the consent of my king is treason. | 不征得国王同意的婚姻就是不忠 |
[23:26] | With the discovery of your men among the monastery radicals, | 再加上修道院激进分子里发现了你的人 |
[23:29] | your life is already at risk. | 你的性命已然岌岌可危 |
[23:30] | My men were left there to stir Catholic prejudice against me. | 我的人在那是为了激起天主教会对我的偏见 |
[23:33] | Prejudice may fan the flames, | 偏见会煽起燎原之火 |
[23:36] | but I believe your relationship with Queen Mary is the spark. | 但我想 你跟玛丽王后的关系才是导火索吧 |
[23:40] | Or are you innocent of that, as well? | 这点你也要否认吗 |
[23:44] | If you think there’s truth to it, | 既然你知道得这么多 |
[23:46] | then why entertain my marriage offer? | 为什么还受理了我的求婚 |
[23:49] | Because it doesn’t matter. | 因为这些不重要 |
[23:51] | Elizabeth will not hold this dalliance against you. | 伊丽莎白不会因为你偷情而拒绝你 |
[23:53] | Regardless, my queen’s interest is firm, | 无论如何 我的女王只想要稳定的关系 |
[23:57] | so the decision is yours– face your fate in France, | 选择权在你 留在法国等待命运 |
[24:00] | or seek Elizabeth’s hand in marriage. | 还是与伊丽莎白携手成婚 |
[24:05] | In France, the only fate left for me is a noose. | 留在法国 我唯一的下场就是绞刑 |
[24:11] | I can leave for England immediately | 我可以即刻动身去英格兰 |
[24:13] | so that Elizabeth may make her decision. | 伊丽莎白就能做决定了 |
[24:15] | Elizabeth’s decision is already made. | 伊丽莎白的决定早就做好了 |
[24:17] | She faces fierce and immediate threats | 那些想争夺王权的人 |
[24:19] | from those who want a man on the throne. | 给了她极大的压力与威胁 |
[24:21] | To stem these threats, | 为了斩除威胁 |
[24:22] | Elizabeth intends to marry as soon as possible. | 伊丽莎白想尽快成婚 |
[24:25] | She desires a foothold in France. | 她需要在法国立稳根基 |
[24:29] | Queen Elizabeth accepts your offer of marriage, Prince Conde. | 伊丽莎白女王接受你的求婚 康德王子 |
[24:34] | You will be king consort of England. | 你将是英格兰的国王配偶 |
[24:48] | You must be the new girls. | 你们是新来的吧 |
[24:49] | You’re just in time– it’s a full house tonight. | 来得正是时候 今晚客人很多 |
[24:51] | You better change your clothes. | 赶快去换衣服吧 |
[24:53] | No john will open his purse if he can’t see the goods. | 不给男人看点甜头 他们不会掏腰包的 |
[24:55] | No, um, we’re not… | 不 我们不是… |
[24:58] | – What term is your preference? – Term? | -你习惯用什么称谓 -称谓 |
[25:00] | For your profession. | 你的职业 |
[25:03] | Harlot. Whore. | 娼妓 妓女 |
[25:05] | Courtesan has a nice ring to it, fancy-like. | 想说得好听点 叫”交际花”也行 |
[25:07] | Well, then we are not courtesans. | 好吧 我们不是交际花 |
[25:09] | We’re actually here to see your mistress, Greer. | 我们来找你们的女主人 葛瑞尔 |
[25:12] | I’ll fetch her. | 我去叫她 |
[25:21] | I’m sure Greer will love this damask we’ve bought her. | 葛瑞尔一定很喜欢我们带来的这匹缎子 |
[25:24] | Perhaps we should leave it here, and go. | 要不我们放这就走吧 |
[25:25] | He’s here. | 他在这 |
[25:26] | Who? | 谁 |
[25:27] | That general I met, Renaude. | 我遇到的那位将军 雷诺德 |
[25:29] | You go ahead, and I’ll give Greer the fabric. | 你先走吧 我把缎子给葛瑞尔 |
[25:33] | And leave you eyeing a man in a whorehouse? | 你让我留你自己在妓院看男人 |
[25:36] | Does that sound like a good idea? | 你觉得合适吗 |
[25:37] | I’m not gonna do anything. | 我又不会乱来 |
[25:38] | Go ahead, I-I’ll just be with you in a moment. | 快走吧 我一会儿就去追你 |
[25:54] | Lady Lola. | 萝拉小姐 |
[25:56] | I thought I recognized you, but I assumed I was mistaken. | 我刚才看着像你 还以为看错了呢 |
[26:00] | What reason could a court lady have | 怎么一位宫廷的小姐 |
[26:02] | for visiting a known whorehouse? | 会来一所远近闻名的妓院呢 |
[26:05] | The mind vibrates with the possibilities. | 真让我浮想联翩啊 |
[26:08] | I don’t have to explain my comings and goings to you, | 我没必要向你解释我的行踪 |
[26:11] | but if you must know, | 如果你真那么好奇 |
[26:12] | I was delivering some cloth to a friend. | 我是来给一位朋友送布料的 |
[26:14] | Your fallen friend, Lady Greer. | 你堕落了的朋友 葛瑞尔小姐 |
[26:16] | I hear that she is the proprietor | 我听说她就是 |
[26:18] | of this establishment– industrious girl. | 这里的主人 真是个勤快的姑娘啊 |
[26:21] | Women often have to be, in order to survive. | 为了活下去 女人常常不得已而为之 |
[26:23] | They also need to be careful. | 也须小心谨慎 |
[26:25] | Even making friendly deliveries. | 就算是好心办事也一样 |
[26:27] | Tongues less discreet than my own will wag. | 总有人爱乱嚼舌头 |
[26:32] | Even for the mother of the king’s only child. | 就算是国王独子的母亲也不会放过 |
[26:34] | You mean especially for a woman known as the king’s mistress. | 特别是众所周知的国王的情妇吧 |
[26:38] | Word of your loyalty to Mary has spread. | 你忠于玛丽的言论已经传开了 |
[26:41] | You have risen above | 你已经招惹到 |
[26:42] | any negative speculation there was about you. | 一些敌对人士了 |
[26:44] | Your son is esteemed. | 你儿子身份高贵 |
[26:47] | Do not let anything diminish this position | 别让任何事影响到 |
[26:50] | that you have earned. | 你所获得的位置 |
[26:53] | Why do you care? | 你为什么要在意我 |
[26:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:59] | But I do. | 但我真的在意 |
[27:05] | I would escort you back if I were still welcome at court, | 如果我还能回宫的话我会亲自送你回去的 |
[27:09] | but, sadly, I’m not. | 可惜我现在不能回去 |
[27:13] | Good night, Lola. | 晚安了 萝拉 |
[27:26] | Thank you for the beautiful fabric. | 布很漂亮 谢谢你们 |
[27:28] | Of course. | 没事儿 |
[27:29] | – Did that man just put on… – A collar, yes. | -那人是不是刚戴上了… -颈圈 没错 |
[27:32] | He likes to be led around. | 他喜欢被人拉着走 |
[27:33] | Death and perversion are the two great equalizers. | 堕落和死亡起到的效果差不多 |
[27:36] | Men from all walks of life have | 各阶层的男人们 |
[27:37] | their own desires and predilections. | 都有自己的欲望和嗜好 |
[27:39] | And as long as they don’t cause harm, I cater to all of them. | 只要不伤人 我都会同意 |
[27:45] | And, uh, what about him? | 那他呢 |
[27:46] | What’s his pleasure? | 他偏好什么 |
[27:49] | General Renaude? | 雷诺德将军吗 |
[27:51] | It’s the first time he’s come in. | 他是第一次来 |
[27:52] | He and his men overtook the rebels at the monastery. | 他和他的人搞定了修道院的叛军 |
[27:54] | Now he’s treating them to the best champagne | 他正在用最好的香槟和女人 |
[27:56] | and women money can buy. | 犒劳他的士兵呢 |
[27:58] | Generous. | 真大方 |
[27:59] | It’s the least he could do. | 他也就能做到这程度了 |
[28:01] | My girls overheard his men grumbling. | 我的姑娘听到他的人在抱怨 |
[28:04] | His right-hand man was killed, some say unnecessarily. | 他的副官被杀了 有人说根本没必要死 |
[28:08] | – They blame him. – Why? | -他们在怪他 -为什么 |
[28:10] | There were two groups of boys that needed saving. | 有两组男孩儿需要营救 |
[28:12] | He chose the riskier path to save the son | 他挑了一条更危险的路 |
[28:13] | of a very rich noble. | 去救一个富有贵族的儿子 |
[28:15] | His man died as a result. | 结果他的人就死了 |
[28:18] | If I were you, I’d keep my distance from him. | 如果我是你 就离他远远的 |
[28:32] | You seem troubled. | 你看起来很不安 |
[28:34] | Not at all. | 没有 |
[28:36] | I’m only surprised at how fast things are progressing. | 不过你们这么快就准备好一切 我觉得惊讶 |
[28:38] | There’ll be time for a celebration later. | 之后会有庆典的 |
[28:40] | As I said, Queen Elizabeth desires | 正如我所说 伊丽莎白女王希望 |
[28:42] | an expeditious union. | 尽快促成联姻 |
[28:45] | Look alive. | 上点儿心吧 |
[28:47] | It’s not every day a man gets to marry a queen. | 女王可不是天天都能娶到的 |
[29:24] | Take this to Lord Conde’s apartments in the village. | 把这个拿到康德大人在村里的房子里去 |
[29:27] | Do not make any stops on your way. | 路上别停下来 |
[29:32] | And deliver it directly to his hands. | 务必直接交到他手里 |
[29:39] | We are gathered here to marry Prince Louis of Conde | 我们聚在一起 庆祝路易斯-康德王子 |
[29:42] | to Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizabeth of England | 和英格兰伊丽莎白女王陛下的结合 |
[29:46] | as represented by her appointed proxy. | 女王陛下由她亲自任命的人代为出席 |
[29:50] | Despite the great distance | 纵使新郎和新娘 |
[29:51] | between the groom and the bride, | 相距天涯海角 |
[29:53] | these rites and vows will be as binding | 婚姻的誓约也将把你们紧紧相连 |
[29:56] | as if you were standing side-by-side. | 心心相印 |
[30:28] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[30:36] | Long live His Majesty, King Louis of England. | 英格兰路易斯国王陛下万岁 |
[30:39] | God save the King. | 天佑国王 |
[30:49] | Must be hard to sleep on one’s first night as a king. | 刚当上国王第一晚肯定无法入睡吧 |
[30:53] | Lying next to a sharp broadsword doesn’t help either. | 躺在一把锋利的阔剑旁边也不会更好入眠 |
[30:56] | It’s tradition. | 这是传统 |
[30:58] | We must sleep in the same bed to consummate the marriage, | 我们必须同床而眠才算礼成 |
[31:01] | but the sword is there to guard the proxy | 但剑是为了确保代理人 |
[31:03] | from becoming an actual wife. | 不会和你有夫妻之实 |
[31:06] | Does the proxy have a name? | 这位代理人有名字吗 |
[31:09] | Annabelle Breton. | 安娜贝尔·布列塔尼 |
[31:12] | You’re Lord Breton’s daughter? | 你是布列塔尼伯爵的女儿 |
[31:15] | Your father’s a loyal French lord. | 你父亲是一位忠诚的法国贵族 |
[31:16] | How does his daughter come to be the proxy of an English queen? | 他的女儿为何听命于英格兰女王 |
[31:19] | My family is Protestant. | 我家人是新教徒 |
[31:21] | I was raised in English court, | 我在英格兰宫廷长大 |
[31:23] | but my heart has always been with France. | 但我的心仍与法国同在 |
[31:25] | It must have been hard, | 肯定很难吧 |
[31:27] | having to forsake your home, your heart. | 必须放弃你的家乡 你的心 |
[31:30] | It was. | 是 |
[31:33] | Will you be a good king? | 你会成为一个好国王吗 |
[31:36] | Will you bring England and France, | 你会使英格兰和法国 |
[31:38] | Catholic and Protestant, closer together? | 天主教和新教 紧密联合起来吗 |
[31:41] | So that my family, and families like mine, | 这样我的家族 还有其他一样的新教家族 |
[31:43] | can feel safe again in the land that they were born to and love? | 重新感觉到他们所热爱的家乡是安全的 |
[31:48] | I will do all I can… | 我会尽我所能… |
[31:50] | to be the king your family, | 成为你的家族 英格兰以及法国 |
[31:52] | England and France deserve. | 想要的国王 |
[31:57] | Are you eager to meet her? | 你渴望见到她吗 |
[31:59] | Your wife. | 你的妻子 |
[32:00] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[32:03] | Would you like me to tell you about her? | 你想让我先和你说说她吗 |
[32:05] | No. Not now. | 不 现在不用了 |
[32:09] | Tonight, my head and my heart | 今晚 我的头脑和我的心 |
[32:11] | are on the life, the people | 都还在我所抛下的生活 |
[32:13] | I leave behind. | 和人身上 |
[32:16] | Will you miss France very much? | 你会很想念法国吗 |
[32:19] | I will miss her with all my heart. | 我将全心全意地想念她 |
[32:30] | Dawn’s first light | 黎明熹微 |
[32:31] | offers us an advantage– | 对我们有利 |
[32:32] | the road to the port should be largely unoccupied. | 去码头的路大多是空的 |
[32:35] | I won’t feel safe until we’re aboard that ship | 还没上船启航去英格兰 |
[32:37] | – and bound for England. – Understandably. | -我都觉得不安全 -可以理解 |
[32:39] | Queen Elizabeth’s new king consort | 伊丽莎白女王的新国王配偶 |
[32:41] | would be a prize captive for any Frenchman. | 对任何法国人来说都是领赏的好俘虏 |
[32:48] | A fire. It’s coming from the village. | 着火了 是村里 |
[32:51] | The girl, Annabelle– she was still sleeping. | 安娜贝尔 那个女孩 她还在睡 |
[32:53] | Your Majesty, let me go. | 陛下 我去吧 |
[32:55] | If it’s the house, this may be an attempt on your life. | 如果是那所房子 那就是有人试图要你的命 |
[32:57] | Wait for me here. | 在这等我 |
[33:06] | General, your bravery will not soon be forgotten. | 将军 我们不会忘记你的勇敢之举 |
[33:09] | We owe you a great debt of gratitude. | 我们欠你很大一个人情 |
[33:12] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[33:14] | Lady Kenna. | 肯娜小姐 |
[33:15] | I trust you enjoyed | 我想你昨天在村子里 |
[33:16] | your evening in the village? | 一定玩得很开心吧 |
[33:18] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[33:19] | A queen’s lady… in a brothel. | 王后的侍女 出现在妓院里 |
[33:23] | So you saw me. | 你看见我了 |
[33:24] | I did. | 没错 |
[33:26] | I heard you were enjoying your victory. | 我听说你们在庆祝胜利 |
[33:28] | That’s quite the feat, rescuing all those boys. | 救下那些男孩确实是个壮举 |
[33:31] | Not all of them, I’m afraid. | 恐怕我没能救下所有男孩 |
[33:33] | One of my own men was lost, as well. | 我还失去了一个手下 |
[33:34] | In the efforts to save a very rich boy. | 那是为了救一个有钱人家的男孩 |
[33:37] | I hope it was worth it. | 我希望这是值得的 |
[33:39] | There was a choice to be made, | 我需要作出选择 |
[33:40] | between saving the nobles’ sons | 是救贵族的儿子 |
[33:42] | and the common boys. | 还是救平民的儿子 |
[33:43] | Either way, someone would have died. | 无论怎么选 都有人会死 |
[33:46] | – And you chose… – The money. | -而你选择了 -财富 |
[33:48] | And the gratitude of a very powerful man. | 以及一位权贵的感激之情 |
[33:52] | I lost my son two years ago. | 两年前我失去了儿子 |
[33:55] | He was taken captive by enemy forces, and now… | 他被敌军俘获了 而现在 |
[33:59] | I wonder, every day: is he alive or dead? | 我每天都在想 他是否还活着 |
[34:03] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[34:04] | Don’t be. | 不用感到抱歉 |
[34:05] | These things, they provide a level of protection | 这些事 能在一定程度上保护我 |
[34:08] | and I won’t apologize | 我想要保证我的地位 |
[34:09] | for assuring my spot above the fray. | 而且我也不为此感到羞愧 |
[34:13] | You’re disappointed. | 你很失望吧 |
[34:15] | A lady likes to think | 女士总是认为 |
[34:16] | the protectors of the realm are all willing | 那些保护王国的人愿意 |
[34:18] | – to sacrifice themselves for– – a lofty cause | -牺牲自己 为了… -崇高的事业 |
[34:20] | which has nothing to do with them | 而不是为了保护自己 |
[34:21] | or the people they care about. | 或者保护那些他们在乎的人 |
[34:24] | No. | 不 |
[34:25] | I understand the need for protection. | 我了解那种需要被保护的心情 |
[34:27] | More so than most. | 比大多数人更了解 |
[34:30] | Your husband showed great valor in the raid. | 你丈夫在这次营救中表现得很勇敢 |
[34:33] | I invited him to join us at the… | 我邀请他和我们一起来 |
[34:35] | celebration of my exploits. | 庆祝我的胜利 |
[34:38] | But he mentioned a woman, | 但他说有一个女人 |
[34:40] | someone waiting for him. | 在等他 |
[34:42] | On the road back, | 在回去的路上 |
[34:43] | I watched him peel away into the woods. | 我看见他偷偷溜进树林中 |
[34:46] | I was pleased the woman wasn’t you. | 我很高兴他要见的女人不是你 |
[34:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[34:51] | I may look out for myself, Lady Kenna… | 我虽会为自己攫取利益 肯娜小姐 |
[34:54] | but I don’t take things that don’t belong to me. | 但我不会碰不属于我的东西 |
[34:57] | And it sounds like you | 看起来你 |
[34:59] | don’t belong to anyone. | 不属于任何人 |
[35:22] | Annabelle is dead. | 安娜贝拉死了 |
[35:23] | The priest that performed your wedding | 为你们举行仪式的牧师 |
[35:24] | has been murdered. | 也被杀害了 |
[35:25] | And every last document signifying your union | 而且所有证明你们结合的文件 |
[35:28] | has been destroyed. | 都被毁坏了 |
[35:29] | It seems that someone is out to erase | 看起来有人想要抹去 |
[35:31] | all evidence of your wedding, Prince Conde. | 你婚礼所有的证据 康德王子 |
[35:33] | They’ve undone the wedding. | 他们想要废除这场婚礼 |
[35:36] | We can marry again. Find another proxy. | 我们可以再次结合 再找一个代理人吧 |
[35:38] | I’m afraid that’s not a decision I can make | 恐怕这事我无法决定 |
[35:40] | without first consulting my queen. | 我需要先请示女王陛下 |
[35:42] | Who would do this? | 谁会这么做呢 |
[35:43] | Why? | 又是为什么 |
[35:44] | An alliance between England | 英格兰与法国清教徒的结盟 |
[35:45] | and Protestant France threatens many. | 威胁到很多人 |
[35:47] | I would look first to the French Crown | 我首先怀疑法国王室 |
[35:48] | and then to any of Elizabeth’s foes abroad. | 然后是伊丽莎白的海外敌人 |
[35:50] | This was a careful choice– | 这真是谨慎的一招 |
[35:52] | killing the marriage while saving me. | 废除这场婚姻 但是保全我 |
[35:54] | Well, only one of you needed to die to sever the contract. | 你们两人只要死一个就能断绝婚姻关系 |
[35:56] | Annabelle is a woman, while you are | 安娜贝拉只不过是个女人 而你 |
[35:57] | brother to the King of Navarre, | 却是纳瓦拉国王的兄弟 |
[35:59] | a Protestant king with ties to England. | 一位和英格兰有同盟关系的新教徒国王 |
[36:03] | Maybe it wasn’t a foe at all, but Elizabeth herself. | 也许这根本不是敌人所为 而是伊丽莎白自己 |
[36:06] | Perhaps she simply | 可能她只是 |
[36:07] | changed her mind about marrying me, and didn’t want | 后悔嫁给我 又不想杀我 |
[36:09] | to kill me and risk her alliance with Navarre. | 怕破坏与纳瓦拉的同盟关系 |
[36:11] | If I’m wrong, take me to England. | 如果不是这样 那就带我去英格兰吧 |
[36:13] | I will wed Elizabeth, standing by her side. | 我会娶伊丽莎白 在她身旁支持她 |
[36:16] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[36:17] | Even if the Valois didn’t set the fire, | 就算不是瓦卢瓦皇室放的火 |
[36:18] | they will find out what I did soon. | 他们早晚会发现我做过什么 |
[36:20] | Marrying Elizabeth is treason. | 与伊丽莎白成婚是叛国罪 |
[36:21] | You said yourself it was a great risk. | 你自己也说过这需要冒很大风险 |
[36:23] | I turned my back on Mary! | 我背叛了玛丽 |
[36:25] | Betrayed my allies in France! | 背叛了我法国的盟友 |
[36:27] | All for Elizabeth! | 一切都是为了伊丽莎白 |
[36:28] | Certainly she owes me something! | 她当然对我有所亏欠 |
[36:30] | I don’t think Her Majesty | 我想女王陛下 |
[36:31] | would see it that way. | 不会这么想 |
[36:41] | Word of Conde’s involvement | 有关康德与激进分子有牵连的消息 |
[36:43] | with the radicals has spread nicely. | 传得很快 |
[36:44] | But it appears that I underestimated | 但是我好像低估了 |
[36:46] | the sway that Mary | 玛丽对你儿子的 |
[36:48] | still holds over your son. | 影响力 |
[36:50] | I hear Francis is unconvinced of his guilt. | 我听说弗朗西斯对给他定罪仍犹豫不决 |
[36:53] | That doesn’t matter anymore. | 那事无关紧要了 |
[36:54] | You won’t believe what Conde’s done. | 你不会相信康德做了什么 |
[36:57] | Married the Queen of England. | 他与英格兰女王成婚了 |
[37:00] | By proxy. | 通过代理人的方式 |
[37:01] | A girl known to be a member | 那女孩据说是 |
[37:03] | of Elizabeth’s inner circle. | 伊丽莎白亲信中的一员 |
[37:04] | A broadsword was found in the bed that they shared. | 在他们两的床上找到了一把阔剑 |
[37:07] | My God. | 天呐 |
[37:10] | – How do you know this? -There was a fire. | -你怎么发现的 -发生了一场火灾 |
[37:13] | She died. Someone was trying to erase all legal proof, | 她死了 有人想要抹掉这一切法律证据 |
[37:16] | but there were witnesses. | 但是有目击人看到了 |
[37:18] | Conde was identified as one of the newlyweds | 在一座被租借的贵族的房子里 |
[37:20] | at a borrowed noble’s house. | 有人认出康德是新郎 |
[37:22] | Were they successful? | 他们成功了吗 |
[37:23] | Or is Conde now the King of England? | 还是说现在康德是英格兰国王了 |
[37:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:27] | He fled. | 他逃走了 |
[37:29] | If Conde and Elizabeth are married, | 如果康德和伊丽莎白成婚 |
[37:31] | then she has essentially laid claim to France. | 那她就有权继承法国了 |
[37:34] | She’ll rally the Protestants here, | 她会联合这里的新教徒 |
[37:36] | a French king at her side. | 找一个跟她一条心的法国国王 |
[37:38] | I am well aware. | 我很清楚 |
[37:45] | Did you do this, Catherine? | 是你做的吗 凯瑟琳 |
[37:48] | Learn of the wedding | 促成婚事 |
[37:49] | and then have it undone? | 然后又让它告吹 |
[37:51] | No! | 不是我 |
[37:52] | Did you, | 是你吗 |
[37:53] | in some way? | 从某种程度上说 |
[37:54] | Oh, when tying Conde to the assault | 让康德背上骚扰修道院的罪名 |
[37:56] | on the monastery wasn’t enough? | 还不够对吗 |
[37:59] | Maybe you’re asking me | 你质问我 |
[38:01] | to throw suspicion off yourself. | 是为了撇清自己的嫌疑 |
[38:03] | No. But this has a breadth and a scope | 不 但这样一来效果比我们的计划 |
[38:05] | that our plan did not. | 还要好很多 |
[38:07] | This will ruin Conde in France forever. | 这会永远毁掉康德 |
[38:11] | Is this how it’s going to be from now on? | 以后就这样了吗 |
[38:15] | Both of us constantly | 我们俩之间 |
[38:16] | wondering what the other is up to? | 一直互相怀疑对方的意图 |
[38:19] | Yes. | 对 |
[38:20] | You have met your match. | 你遇到对手了 |
[38:23] | This is terrible news… | 虽然这不是个好消息 |
[38:25] | …but there is something | 但其中却有 |
[38:26] | marvelous in that, | 绝妙之处 |
[38:28] | wouldn’t you say? | 你说是吧 |
[38:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:36] | What do you have to report? | 你想报告什么 |
[38:37] | Lord Narcisse | 纳西斯大人 |
[38:38] | was seen in the village last night | 昨晚被人看到出现在村子里 |
[38:40] | outside a brothel. | 在一个妓院外面 |
[38:42] | Well, did he go inside? | 他进去了吗 |
[38:44] | He never entered the establishment. | 他没进去 |
[38:46] | He was merely detained | 他就只跟 |
[38:47] | by a conversation | 萝拉小姐 |
[38:48] | with Lady Lola. | 谈话了 |
[38:50] | Lady Lola? | 萝拉小姐 |
[38:51] | His servants said they spent | 他的仆人说他们 |
[38:53] | some time together in the past. | 以前在一起过 |
[38:54] | And their exchange this night? | 那他们今晚见面了吗 |
[38:56] | Mere words. | 就说了几句话 |
[38:57] | A matter of minutes and they moved on. | 几分钟后他们就分开了 |
[38:59] | Did they meet again? | 之后还有见面吗 |
[39:01] | No. | 没有 |
[39:04] | And the tenor of their exchange? | 他们见面是为了什么 |
[39:09] | Edmond? | 埃德蒙 |
[39:11] | Tell me this: | 你告诉我 |
[39:12] | if Lady Lola were your wife | 如果萝拉小姐是你妻子 |
[39:14] | and you spied her | 而你发现她 |
[39:16] | in an identical encounter | 跟纳西斯伯爵 |
[39:19] | with Lord Narcisse, | 秘密见面 |
[39:22] | how would you feel? | 你会作何感受 |
[39:24] | If it were my wife… | 如果是我妻子 |
[39:28] | …I’d want him dead. | 我会想杀死他 |
[39:31] | Thank you for your candor. | 谢谢你的坦白 |
[39:43] | Married? | 结婚了 |
[39:45] | To Elizabeth? | 跟伊丽莎白吗 |
[39:48] | – It’s not true. – It is. | -不会的 -是真的 |
[39:50] | Or was, for however long | 或者曾经是 不知道 |
[39:52] | their marriage may have lasted. | 他们的婚姻持续了多久 |
[39:53] | No one knows if the arson and murders undid their union, | 不知道是不是纵火和谋杀让他们的婚姻无效了 |
[39:56] | or if Conde | 还是康德 |
[39:57] | fled France king consort of England. | 逃离法国去英格兰当国王配偶了 |
[40:03] | Louis was approached | 几周前 |
[40:04] | by Elizabeth’s envoy some weeks ago. | 伊丽莎白的人找过路易斯 |
[40:08] | He told me so himself. | 他跟我说过 |
[40:10] | You knew about this? | 这件事你早就知道 |
[40:12] | That Conde was courting England? | 你知道康德在向英格兰献殷勤 |
[40:14] | Our greatest enemy– | 那是我们最大的敌人 |
[40:15] | your greatest enemy? | 你最大的敌人啊 |
[40:16] | He swore to me that he would reject her proposal. | 他跟我发誓说他会拒绝她的求婚 |
[40:19] | And you believed him. | 你相信了他 |
[40:20] | If he did this, it’s only because | 如果他答应了 肯定是因为 |
[40:22] | he felt he had no other choice. | 他觉得自己无路可走了 |
[40:24] | I abandoned him. | 我抛弃了他 |
[40:25] | I sent troops to Scotland for you– | 我为了你 派军队去苏格兰 |
[40:27] | to honor your needs, | 满足你的需求 |
[40:28] | your nation’s needs. | 满足你的国家的需要 |
[40:29] | And still, you choose to lie to me. | 可你仍然选择对我撒谎 |
[40:31] | There were things I could not share with you. | 有些事我不能跟你说 |
[40:34] | Or that Conde couldn’t share with me. | 康德也有事不能跟我说 |
[40:36] | But he has done this, Francis, because I ended things. | 但他这么做是因为我先抛弃了他 弗朗西斯 |
[40:41] | It’s over between us. | 我们之间结束了 |
[40:43] | I honored my loyalty to France. | 我选择了忠诚于法国 |
[40:46] | I chose to stand by my husband. | 我选择了站在我丈夫身边 |
[40:48] | As your queen, if not your wife. | 即便不是你妻子 也是你的王后 |
[40:51] | An important distinction. | 两者区别真是大啊 |
[40:52] | I came back to do the right thing. | 我回来是为了做正确的事 |
[40:54] | Just as I am trying to do now, | 正如我现在做的事一样 |
[40:56] | by telling you the truth about Conde. | 来告诉你康德事情的真相 |
[40:58] | Am I supposed to thank you for this? | 那我应该谢谢你喽 |
[41:01] | Yes, you did do the right thing, Mary, politically. | 没错 政治上来说你是应该这样做 玛丽 |
[41:04] | Staying in France, | 留在法国 |
[41:05] | staying with me, secures the alliance | 留在我身边 确保法国这个同盟 |
[41:08] | and your throne in Scotland. | 以及你的苏格兰王位 |
[41:09] | That’s not the only reason… | 并不只是因为这个… |
[41:11] | Which makes you no different from Conde. | 所以你跟康德没有任何差别 |
[41:13] | He chose Elizabeth for the same reason: | 他选择伊丽莎白也是出于同样的原因 |
[41:15] | to secure a political future. | 确保自己的政治前途 |
[41:18] | And now we will suffer the consequences. | 现在我们要承担后果了 |
[41:20] | If Elizabeth has a stronghold in France | 如果伊丽莎白在法国建立起据点 |
[41:22] | and Conde’s claim to the throne… | 而康德继承王位 |
[41:25] | this may mean the end of our reign. | 那可能就意味着我们的统治结束了 |