时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I didn’t murder anyone. | 我没杀任何人 |
[00:03] | You are suspected of ungodly acts. | 有人怀疑你有亵神行为 |
[00:04] | Just don’t let them drown me. | 不要让他们溺死我 |
[00:06] | Black magic. | 黑魔法吗 |
[00:07] | To nurture what was growing between us. | 是为了养育你我之间生长之物 |
[00:09] | We are linked. | 我们彼此相连 |
[00:11] | Stephan. | 斯特凡 |
[00:12] | Alive? Are you sure? How? | 活着 你确定吗 怎么回事 |
[00:13] | – I believe the child’s death was a ruse. – Catherine. | -孩子之死的谣言是个阴谋 -凯瑟琳 |
[00:16] | You are a heartless woman, | 你是个无情的女人 |
[00:18] | abducting your son’s child. | 绑架自己的孙子 |
[00:20] | Return to the decaying bosom of your true family | 回到你真正家人腐烂的巢穴去吧 |
[00:22] | the Medicis or flee to the new lands. | 回到梅第奇家族去 或者逃到别的地方 |
[00:25] | – Exile? – I don’t care, | -流放吗 -我不在乎 |
[00:26] | but you will never be welcome at this court ever again. | 我们不再欢迎你回到这个宫廷里 |
[00:29] | Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白女王陛下 |
[00:31] | Catherine de Medici. | 凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇 |
[00:33] | What a pleasure to meet one so legendary. | 久仰大名 真是幸会啊 |
[00:35] | I’ve come to offer you something– | 我是来给你进献的 |
[00:37] | the destruction of our mutual enemy, | 毁灭我们共同的敌人 |
[00:39] | Mary, Queen of Scots. | 苏格兰女王 玛丽 |
[00:41] | I will love you for the rest of my life. | 我此生都会一直爱你 |
[00:43] | And I will never let you go again. | 我再也不会让你离开我了 |
[00:45] | I’m dying? | 我快不行了 |
[00:46] | Yes, you are. | 是的 |
[02:06] | Not again. | 你又来了 |
[02:08] | Yes, again. | 就要再来 |
[02:10] | And again. | 再一次 |
[02:11] | And again and again and again. | 一次又一次 |
[02:17] | Shall we go back to bed? | 我们要回到床上去吗 |
[02:18] | Francis, we have more important things to do | 弗朗西斯 除了做爱和造船 |
[02:20] | than make love or build boats. | 我们有更重要的事情要做 |
[02:22] | “We”? You have been no help with the boat at all. | 我们 你根本就没帮忙造船 |
[02:25] | England is still a threat. | 英格兰依然是威胁 |
[02:26] | The nobles are still uneasy, | 贵族依然心神不定 |
[02:28] | – shaken after the coup. – It failed. | -政变之后受到了动摇 -政变失败了 |
[02:30] | The privy council has called for a meeting this afternoon. | 枢密院今天下午召开了会议 |
[02:33] | Well, you’d better start sanding | 你最好开始用砂纸打磨 |
[02:34] | or we’ll never make it. | 不然我们永远也做不成了 |
[02:35] | Francis, we are king and queen. | 弗朗西斯 我们是国王和王后 |
[02:38] | We have important matters to attend to. | 我们要处理重要事务 |
[02:41] | This… this is important. | 这事就很重要 |
[02:45] | And this. | 还有这事 |
[02:51] | Nothing is more important. | 没什么比这些更重要了 |
[03:13] | It’s not the bloodshed, Your Majesty… | 这不是杀戮 陛下 |
[03:14] | Correct, Lord William, | 没错 威廉伯爵 |
[03:15] | as our troops are not even there. | 因为我们的军队甚至都没到 |
[03:17] | It’s the expense of your Scottish cause, | 这是你的苏格兰事件的代价 |
[03:20] | which many say is personal, | 许多人说这是私人恩怨 |
[03:21] | designed more to undermine Scotland’s queen | 是为了暗害苏格兰女王 |
[03:23] | than secure our borders. | 而不是保卫边界 |
[03:31] | There are many reasons to back the Protestants in Scotland. | 支持苏格兰的新教徒有很多原因 |
[03:34] | You back their efforts because they want Mary, | 你支持他们 是因为他们想要 |
[03:35] | their Catholic queen, gone, | 天主教王后玛丽下台 |
[03:37] | a queen even English Catholics believe | 就连英格兰的天主教徒都认为 |
[03:38] | has the right to your throne. What next? | 她有权继承你的王位 接下来是什么 |
[03:40] | Do we attack half our population | 我们要进攻一半的子民 |
[03:42] | to put you at ease? | 来让你放心吗 |
[03:43] | The realm will strike down anyone who acts | 英格兰王国会杀掉一切 |
[03:45] | against its sovereign ruler. | 反对最高统治者的人 |
[03:47] | Is it not our sworn duty? | 那不是我们宣誓的职责吗 |
[04:04] | Bad day on the job, my dear? | 事情不顺吗 亲爱的 |
[04:05] | Half of England wants me gone. | 一半英格兰人都想让我下台 |
[04:07] | Only the Catholic half. | 只有天主教的那一半 |
[04:08] | Well, the rest don’t want Mary, | 剩下的人不想要玛丽 |
[04:09] | but they certainly wish I were a man. | 但他们希望我是个男人 |
[04:11] | Of course they do, especially your privy council. | 当然啦 特别是你的枢密院 |
[04:15] | Here. | 我来吧 |
[04:16] | Men don’t like taking orders from women. | 男人不喜欢接受女人的命令 |
[04:18] | They can barely stand speaking to them. | 他们都受不了和女人说话 |
[04:23] | ere nobody’s first choice, | 你不是大家的第一选择 |
[04:24] | and yet here you are. | 但你成了女王 |
[04:31] | You’ve been tense | 自从玛丽同父异母的兄弟 |
[04:32] | ever since Mary’s half brother, James, | 詹姆斯拒绝推动她的下位开始 |
[04:35] | refused to push for her abdication. | 你就一直很紧张 |
[04:37] | So much for your plan. | 你的计划没用了 |
[04:39] | It had merit. | 还是有好处的 |
[04:40] | If Mary couldn’t even keep the job of queen in her own nation, | 如果玛丽没法在自己的国家保住女王的位置 |
[04:43] | how could she be a good candidate for yours? | 她怎么能成为英格兰女王的合适候选人呢 |
[04:46] | A better choice for stability? | 她是国家稳定的更好选择吗 |
[04:48] | I think not. | 我觉得不是 |
[04:49] | But there is another way to dispose of her. | 还有别的方法解决她 |
[04:52] | I will not kill her. | 我不会杀了她的 |
[04:54] | Neither would you. | 你也是 |
[04:55] | She’s your cousin, she’s my daughter-in-law. | 她是你堂妹 我的儿媳 |
[04:58] | And to kill a monarch, | 杀害女王 |
[05:00] | well, that’s not a precedent we want to set, now, is it? | 我们可不想开这种先河 对吧 |
[05:03] | No, I speak of another way for her to lose her throne. | 不 我说的是让她丢掉王位的另一种方法 |
[05:06] | Disempower her. | 剥夺她的权力 |
[05:08] | Do you know who empowers her? | 你知道是谁给了她权力吗 |
[05:10] | Her half brother, her Catholic Lords. | 她同父异母的兄弟 天主教领主 |
[05:14] | Who finances her Catholic Lords? | 谁给她的天主教领主提供资金 |
[05:15] | Rome, the Vatican, | 罗马 教廷 |
[05:18] | with its thousand years of tithing and vast stores of gold. | 他们实施了几千年的什一税 有大量黄金 |
[05:21] | Donated in the name of God, | 以上帝 善良 正义 |
[05:23] | of goodness, righteousness and purity. | 和纯洁的名义捐赠的 |
[05:27] | Those who the Vatican support must uphold | 罗马教廷支持的人必须 |
[05:29] | the tenets of the true faith. | 维护真正的信念 |
[05:31] | They must be unassailable, or who is the Pope supporting? | 他们必须无懈可击 不然教皇要支持谁啊 |
[05:35] | Are you suggesting there’s a way to turn the Pope against Mary? | 你在暗示有办法让教皇反对玛丽吗 |
[05:46] | Just a few minutes more. | 再等几分钟 |
[05:51] | Who are those people? | 那些人是谁 |
[05:52] | I’ve invited a few guests | 我邀请了几个 |
[05:53] | to drop by from French court. | 法国宫廷的客人过来 |
[05:56] | Nobles, staff loyal to me. | 对我忠诚的贵族和仆人 |
[05:58] | I wanted to vet them before they bear witness | 我想先进行核实 然后再让他们作证 |
[06:01] | to Mary’s infidelity with Prince Conde. | 玛丽和康德王子偷情一事 |
[06:05] | Bear witness… to the Pope. | 对教皇作证 |
[06:11] | With your protection, | 在你的保护下 |
[06:12] | I would like to ask them to leave for Rome today. | 我想让他们今天就前往罗马 |
[06:15] | You’re sending delegates to Rome | 你要派人去罗马 |
[06:18] | to call Mary, Queen of Scots… | 说苏格兰女王玛丽… |
[06:22] | a whore. | 是个淫妇 |
[06:23] | She’ll be disgraced, | 她会蒙羞 |
[06:24] | forced by her own countrymen off her throne | 被她的子民要求退下王位 |
[06:28] | and no longer capable of reaching for yours. | 没法再危及你的王位 |
[06:36] | Your Majesties. | 陛下 |
[06:37] | Narcisse. | 纳西斯 |
[06:39] | I have some disturbing news from a general aiding | 我有一个坏消息 是一个将军传来的 |
[06:41] | those loyal to Queen Mary in Scotland. | 他在帮助支持玛丽女王的苏格兰人 |
[06:43] | Your ear always to the ground. | 你总是消息灵通 |
[06:46] | I have learned to be grateful for your spies, | 你过去帮助了我们 |
[06:47] | as you have aided us in the past. | 我学会了对你的间谍表示感激 |
[06:48] | Go on. | 说吧 |
[06:49] | Some of your Highland lords have been turned. | 苏格兰的某些贵族叛变了 |
[06:51] | We have neither their armies nor their territories | 他们拒绝提供军队或是进入领地的许可 |
[06:54] | allowing safe passage to assist those besieged. | 让我们安全地前往支援被围困的势力 |
[06:56] | Adding time and expense | 如此一来 |
[06:58] | to an already costly effort. | 将要花费更多的时间及金钱 |
[07:00] | The conflict rages on. | 战火不息已引起民愤 |
[07:02] | And it will soon turn against us. | 这情况对我们不利 |
[07:04] | Yes. | 没错 |
[07:05] | Unless significant funds can be raised, | 除非我们能筹到大额的资金 |
[07:07] | men deployed, new lords bribed, | 派遣更多人手 贿赂更多贵族 |
[07:09] | then I predict that Scotland will be lost. | 若非如此 苏格兰即将惨败 |
[07:14] | Mary, our military resources are already near breaking point. | 玛丽 我们的军资已将近枯竭 |
[07:19] | There has to be a way. | 一定有别的办法 |
[07:31] | We’re not the first to turn to such resources. | 我们不是第一个寻求这种支援的人 |
[07:34] | No, I’d say to Your Honor, you’re close to the last. | 不 但陛下 你很可能成为最后一个 |
[07:37] | To be clear, | 我想问清楚 |
[07:38] | we’re talking about… | 我们是在讨论向… |
[07:42] | A pirate. | 海盗请求支援 |
[07:53] | Dear Lord. | 天呐 |
[07:54] | The privateer Martin de Lambert is here. | 海盗船长马丁·德兰博到了 |
[08:11] | How is it that such a splendid court lacks a menagerie? | 如此华丽宏伟的宫殿怎能没有动物园呢 |
[08:15] | The rhinos and zebras I can keep in a stable, | 我能把犀牛和斑马养在马厩 |
[08:17] | – but what of my tiger? – What about your ship? | -但老虎怎么办 -不能留在船上吗 |
[08:19] | Her cage is being repaired– she broke free. | 她的笼子正在维修中 她闯出来了 |
[08:21] | We caught her, but she tore apart two of the cabins. | 最终抓回来了 但她毁了两个船舱 |
[08:24] | I brought her as a gift for you. | 她是我带来送您的礼物 |
[08:25] | One, sadly, we cannot accept. | 很遗憾 这份贵礼我们不便收下 |
[08:27] | About our offer… | 至于我们之前的提议… |
[08:28] | To steal gold for you. | 助你们盗取金币 |
[08:29] | I have requirements. | 我有条件 |
[08:31] | Go on. | 但说无妨 |
[08:31] | 50% of the profits, | 收益五五分成 |
[08:33] | a small castle I’m rather fond of in Cologne… | 有座在科隆的城堡我还挺喜欢的 |
[08:35] | You said as much in your letter. | 这你在信件中提到过了 |
[08:36] | And your blessings on a marriage. | 我还想请求您为我赐婚 |
[08:38] | It’s time for me to take a wife. | 我是时候成家了 |
[08:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:41] | I’ve met your lady, Greer, | 我见过你的侍女葛瑞尔 |
[08:43] | and I think she might do nicely. | 我觉得她不失为合适的人选 |
[08:46] | The issue with Lady Greer is that… | 把葛瑞尔小姐赐婚与你一事… |
[08:48] | It’s not negotiable. | 绝不可能 |
[08:53] | Out here again. | 你又出来了 |
[08:55] | You are careful not to walk the grounds during the day. | 你倒是谨慎 知道白天不便露面 |
[08:58] | I’m careful in all things. | 我一向小心谨慎 |
[09:02] | Your French witnesses have reached the Continent. | 你的法国证人们已抵达欧洲大陆 |
[09:05] | Traveling south to Rome, | 一路南下至罗马 |
[09:06] | through Bavaria, avoiding France. | 绕路取道巴伐利亚 避过法国 |
[09:09] | Whether they succeed or fail, | 无论他们成败与否 |
[09:11] | no one can know I’ve launched such a personal campaign. | 不能让任何人知道我参与了此事 |
[09:15] | Or that you’re here. | 或是私藏你的事实 |
[09:16] | You needn’t worry. | 不必担心 |
[09:18] | Catherine de Medici is in Tuscany, | 凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇目前人在托斯卡纳 |
[09:20] | in an unwanted family home, | 在一所无人问津的住所 |
[09:22] | attached to an abandoned lumber mill. | 周围只有一家废弃的木材厂 |
[09:24] | Reports that she does nothing | 送回法国宫廷的汇报将显示 |
[09:27] | but weep and pray and rage | 她终日无所事事 |
[09:29] | drift back to French court. | 以泪洗面或乱发脾气 |
[09:31] | You have a decoy. | 你有个替身 |
[09:32] | Even the servants believe she’s me. | 就连仆人们都认为那是我本人 |
[09:35] | Her only neighbors are some cloistered monks. | 她唯一的邻居是些隐居的修道士 |
[09:39] | No one at French court will know | 法国宫廷不会有任何人 |
[09:40] | that I am here in England. | 知道我在英格兰 |
[09:42] | Your own secret weapon against Mary, Queen of Scots. | 我是你对付苏格兰女王玛丽的秘密武器 |
[09:46] | The war between you is personal, Elizabeth, | 你们之间的战争是个人恩怨 伊丽莎白 |
[09:49] | and I will help you win it. | 我会助你获得胜利 |
[09:51] | Oh, Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[09:52] | Well no, actually. | 其实我不是… |
[10:12] | Lord Dudley. | 达德利阁下 |
[10:14] | Did anyone see you? | 有人看见你过来吗 |
[10:16] | No, when you dismiss your servants, | 不 你让仆人们离开后 |
[10:18] | they know not to come back. | 他们就知道不该再回来了 |
[10:20] | You said we can’t do this. | 你说过我们不能这么做 |
[10:22] | We can’t. | 我们的确不能 |
[10:24] | Then don’t force me to be in your presence day in and day out. | 那就别逼我忍受天天可见不可得的痛苦 |
[10:27] | Let me hold you in my arms, Elizabeth… | 让我拥你入怀 伊丽莎白 |
[10:31] | or let me leave court. | 或是让我离开宫廷 |
[10:34] | I can’t. | 我办不到 |
[10:36] | I need you near. | 我需要你常伴左右 |
[10:38] | To see you even if I can’t touch you. | 就算我不能触碰你 望梅止渴也好 |
[10:52] | My dear husband, there you are. | 我亲爱的丈夫 你回来了 |
[10:54] | They said you were meeting late with the bursar. | 他们说你和财政大臣商讨了很久 |
[10:55] | Is he troubling the queen again? | 他又开始烦女王殿陛下了吗 |
[10:57] | You needn’t worry about Elizabeth or me. | 你不必为我和伊丽莎白担心 |
[10:59] | You work too long. | 你工作时间太长了 |
[11:00] | And Elizabeth, she is so alone. | 而伊丽莎白 她太寂寞了 |
[11:02] | So many against her. | 终日树敌无数 |
[11:03] | I want her to know that we are with her, | 我想让她知道我们始终忠心于她 |
[11:05] | thinking of her always. | 始终为她着想 |
[11:07] | I finished this today, | 这是我今天刚绣好的 |
[11:08] | to remind her of just that. | 以向她表达我的心意 |
[11:10] | She does feel our love, doesn’t she, Robert? | 她能感觉到我们的爱 对吧 罗伯特 |
[11:13] | Amy, you shouldn’t have. | 艾米 你不必这么做 |
[11:28] | Lady Lola. | 萝拉小姐 |
[11:30] | Lord Narcisse, I-I was just… | 纳西斯伯爵 我只是… |
[11:31] | Avoiding me, as you have done for the past few weeks. | 在回避我 你这周一直如此 |
[11:34] | You returned my gifts, but please tell me | 虽然你把礼物都退回来了 但我希望 |
[11:36] | you read my letters. | 你至少读了信件 |
[11:36] | Nothing you say will make me change my mind. | 无论你说什么 我都不会改变心意 |
[11:39] | I will not be seduced into risking my life. | 我不会受你诱惑 拿自己生命冒险 |
[11:42] | Lola, please. | 萝拉 拜托 |
[11:45] | I risked everything to be free for you. | 为和你自由地在一起 我冒了天大的风险 |
[11:48] | Don’t you see? That’s just the problem. | 你还没发现吗 这就是问题所在 |
[11:50] | Catherine knows of your feelings for me. | 凯瑟琳知道你对我有意 |
[11:52] | She is exiled, banished from court. | 她被流放了 永世不得重回宫廷 |
[11:54] | For how long? | 这又会持续多久呢 |
[11:55] | She’s done terrible things and been forgiven before. | 她之前犯下的罪行最后都被宽恕了 |
[11:57] | She is Francis’ mother. | 她毕竟是弗朗西斯的母亲 |
[11:59] | If she returns, I will protect you. | 如果她回来 我会护你周全 |
[12:03] | And who will protect me from you? | 谁又能保护我不受你的伤害呢 |
[12:04] | You say you want to court me, | 你说你想要追求我 |
[12:06] | to do so honorably with the truest of intentions… | 且以一颗无比诚挚的心 |
[12:09] | So you have read my letters. | 看来你的确有读那些信件 |
[12:10] | I hope you didn’t skip over the dirty bits. | 希望你没跳过那些色情密语 |
[12:12] | Stop it. | 别这样 |
[12:14] | You hurt me to please your lover, | 你为取悦自己的情人 伤害了我 |
[12:16] | and I know you’ll try and justify it, so let me be clear. | 我知道你会试图辩解 我就说得直白点 |
[12:19] | The issue is this: I fear you. | 问题在于 你让我恐惧 |
[12:23] | You fear losing yourself to a man | 你害怕为了男人失去自我 |
[12:25] | because you’ve only been with boys, | 因为你只和男孩相爱过 |
[12:27] | and I include the King on that list. | 其中还包括国王陛下 |
[12:29] | Were you mine, I would protect you with my life and much more. | 若你是我的人 我会以生命保护你 |
[12:33] | Your vengeful skills such as blackmail, extortion, murder… | 用诸如敲诈勒索 抢夺谋杀之流的手段吗 |
[12:36] | Stop judging me and admit the truth. | 别一味批判我 承认现实吧 |
[12:39] | I would never hurt you, and you know that. | 我绝不会伤害你 你心知肚明 |
[12:48] | What is it? | 怎么样 |
[12:49] | Word on the sorceress Delphine. | 有女巫戴尔芬的消息 |
[12:51] | Don’t call her that. | 不许叫她女巫 |
[12:52] | She’s wanted by the Crown for murder. | 国王通缉她谋杀罪 |
[12:54] | Leave such superstitions to the Church | 这种迷信的事交给教堂 |
[12:55] | and tell me what you’ve learned. | 告诉我你都了解到了什么消息 |
[12:56] | Multiple reports, many of them conflicting. | 消息很多 大多都自相矛盾 |
[12:59] | There was a dark-haired beauty | 曾有一名深发色的美女 |
[13:00] | who took shelter in a farm about a day’s travel from here. | 在离此一天路程的农场里寻求了庇护 |
[13:03] | Next morning, half the farmer’s cows took ill, many died. | 第二天早上那里牛都病了 还死了不少 |
[13:06] | Animals get sick and spread disease to one another, | 动物染病后会传染 |
[13:08] | just as people do. | 和人一样 |
[13:08] | And witches are known to leave a trail of evil. | 女巫也是因此罪恶行径而为人所知 |
[13:10] | They say when they’re near, birds fall from the sky. | 传言女巫到来 飞鸟落地 |
[13:12] | You said you had other leads. | 你说还有其他线索 |
[13:14] | Another with dark hair, blue eyes, caught stealing food. | 还有一个深发色 蓝眼睛的女人偷吃的被抓 |
[13:17] | In her bag, they found strange herbs and ointments, | 在她的包里发现了奇怪的草药和药膏 |
[13:19] | bloody rags, tools no one could identify. | 沾血的破布以及无法辨识的工具 |
[13:22] | She made a run for it, but they caught her. | 她因此逃跑 但又被抓了回去 |
[13:24] | Bound her to something. | 把她绑起来了 |
[13:25] | Yes, uh, she refused to give her name. | 没错 她拒绝说出姓名 |
[13:27] | That’s the lead to follow– that’s Delphine. | 这线索是对的 那就是戴尔芬 |
[13:29] | You seem quite sure, my lord. | 你好像很确定 大人 |
[13:31] | Just go. | 快去吧 |
[13:42] | I suppose I should thank you for not marrying me off. | 我真该谢谢你没把我嫁出去 |
[13:45] | And to a privateer, no less. | 对方还是个海盗 |
[13:47] | Of course it was out of the question– | 我不答应他的原因有很多 |
[13:49] | for many reasons, including that you’re still married. | 包括你还是已婚状态 |
[13:51] | Did you tell him that? | 你告诉他了吗 |
[13:52] | It’s none of his business. | 那与他无关 |
[13:53] | Nor are the terms of your estrangement. | 你们夫妇的疏远他也不用知道 |
[13:55] | He clearly finds you attractive. | 显然他很中意你 |
[13:58] | Mary, how dire is the situation in Scotland? | 玛丽 苏格兰的情况有多糟 |
[14:00] | It’s always dire, Greer. | 苏格兰一直水深火热 葛瑞尔 |
[14:02] | And the realm’s finances here? | 在这里的都是国家的资助者 |
[14:04] | I have my own business, Mary, | 我有自己的生意 玛丽 |
[14:05] | I understand that appearances matter, | 我理解面子很重要 |
[14:07] | that a lavish lifestyle is easier to maintain | 也懂维持奢侈的生活方式比起 |
[14:10] | than thousands of soldiers at home and abroad. | 资助国内外上万士兵要容易得多 |
[14:12] | We need to find additional sources of income and quickly. | 我们得尽快找到额外的收入来源 |
[14:15] | Tell Martin he has your blessing. | 告诉马丁你会祝福他 |
[14:16] | What about your marriage? | 那你的婚姻怎么办 |
[14:18] | If he hears I’m married, | 要是他听说我结婚了 |
[14:19] | imply there’s an annulment in the works. | 暗示他可以使其无效 |
[14:21] | We won’t even need a long engagement, | 这婚根本订不了多久 |
[14:23] | just one that extends beyond his departure. | 也只能维持到他离开 |
[14:25] | But I’ll break it off once he delivers the gold. | 但等他把钱送到我就悔婚 |
[14:27] | He picked you, Greer. | 他选了你 葛瑞尔 |
[14:29] | You do realize men fall at your feet? | 男人都拜倒在你的石榴裙下啊 |
[14:31] | – Stop. – All I’m saying is, | -别说了 -我想说的是 |
[14:34] | he’ll want your company before he goes. | 他离开前会让你陪他的 |
[14:38] | A few days. What’s the harm? | 几天而已 能有什么损失 |
[14:42] | People know of your fondness for Dudley. | 大家都知道你喜欢达德利 |
[14:46] | I care for him as I would a brother. | 我将他当做哥哥一样关心 |
[14:48] | We were locked in the tower together when I was nothing. | 我一名不值时我们一起被关在塔楼 |
[14:50] | But enough of a threat to be implicated in a treasonous plan. | 但这点足够在叛国计划里威胁你了 |
[14:54] | You spent many days together, forging a deep bond. | 你们孤男寡女独处多天 产生了联系 |
[14:58] | Is that when you became… | 你们是那时起… |
[15:00] | close? | 变亲密的吗 |
[15:03] | I am a virgin queen. | 我是个童贞女王 |
[15:09] | Of course you are. | 当然了 |
[15:11] | You have to be as you are unwed. | 你还没结婚当然是处女 |
[15:13] | And Robert is already married. | 而且罗伯特已经结婚了 |
[15:15] | Anyway, he was too lowborn for you, | 反正他的出身也配不上你 |
[15:17] | you being the daughter of a King. | 你的父亲是国王 |
[15:19] | Legitimate or illegitimate, royal blood flows in your veins. | 私生女与否 你身上流的都是皇室的血 |
[15:24] | And now it is time that you found yourself a husband. | 你该找个丈夫了 |
[15:27] | What a novel idea. | 真是新奇的主意啊 |
[15:29] | Well, the issue is that if you marry a monarch, | 问题是如果你嫁给一个 |
[15:35] | as befits your station, | 与你地位相称的君王 |
[15:36] | they will fault you for giving a foreigner control of England. | 他们会指责你让外人统治英格兰 |
[15:40] | And any Englishman is obviously beneath your station. | 但英格兰的人又显然配不上你 |
[15:44] | I’d be marrying down, diminishing my own standing. | 我得屈尊下嫁 降低我的地位 |
[15:47] | What if there was a candidate who could raise your station | 要是有一个人既能创造有价值的盟友 |
[15:50] | by creating a valuable alliance | 来提升你的地位 |
[15:52] | without threatening you or your people? | 却又不会威胁你和你的人呢 |
[15:56] | A husband who wouldn’t even be a threat to your lover? | 一个甚至对你的情人都无法造成威胁的丈夫 |
[16:02] | What kind of husband is that? | 那是什么丈夫 |
[16:03] | A boy-husband, my son Charles. | 一个小丈夫 我的儿子查尔斯 |
[16:08] | A prince. | 一个王子 |
[16:09] | Wed him and you will have your own alliance with France, | 嫁给他 你就成为了法国的盟友 |
[16:12] | leveling the playing field with Mary. | 与玛丽平起平坐 |
[16:14] | Your nobles want to ensure that you provide heirs. | 你的贵族们会让你生出继承人 |
[16:16] | This promises that you will, in time. | 终有一天你会实现这个承诺 |
[16:18] | Well, once Charles is anything less than petrified | 只要等到查尔斯能接受 |
[16:21] | at the thought of making love to you. | 与你做爱这个想法的时候 |
[16:23] | Though I’m sure you’d enthrall him. | 我相信你会迷住他 |
[16:25] | It’s just that he might not be much use to you | 只是在未来的一两年里 |
[16:28] | in that department for a year or two. | 他在那方面对你没什么用 |
[16:30] | He barely has a whisker on his face. | 他还没长胡子呢 |
[16:33] | A year or two? | 一两年 |
[16:33] | Maybe three. | 可能得三年 |
[16:35] | Nearly a thousand days with your lover, Robert Dudley. | 与你的情人罗伯特·达德利近千日的缠绵时光 |
[16:39] | Francis would never allow it. | 弗朗西斯绝对不会同意的 |
[16:41] | It’s obvious the union would undercut Mary’s power. | 这种结合明显会削弱玛丽的权力 |
[16:45] | It will come with an offer for you to reduce your aggression | 你得同意减少你对苏格兰的 |
[16:48] | in Scotland. | 进攻 |
[16:50] | And why would I do that? | 我为什么要减少 |
[16:52] | Because soon it won’t matter. | 因为很快就不需要进攻了 |
[16:53] | Once your delegation calls Mary a whore before the Vatican. | 等你派去的代表在罗马教廷宣称玛丽是个荡妇 |
[16:57] | Scotland’s queen will fall. | 苏格兰女王就完了 |
[17:00] | A boy, you say? | 你让我嫁给一个男孩吗 |
[17:04] | – Any deformities? – None. | -有残疾吗 -没有 |
[17:06] | Charles is very handsome and gentle. | 查尔斯是个英俊又温柔的孩子 |
[17:08] | I want to lay eyes on him myself. | 我想亲自见见他 |
[17:11] | Arrange the meeting. | 你安排一下 |
[17:24] | A wrinkle in our plan? | 计划有变 |
[17:25] | What kind of wrinkle? | 什么变化 |
[17:26] | I sent word to the family that my son Charles was staying with, | 我给照顾查尔斯的家族送去了消息 |
[17:30] | and they said he left for French court. | 他们说他去法国宫廷了 |
[17:32] | Well, had he left on his own or been called back? | 他是自己走的还是被召回去的 |
[17:34] | It’s unclear, but the fact is that if you had met him | 还不清楚 但是如果你见了他 |
[17:37] | and approved and decided to go ahead with this union, | 认同他并决定达成联合 |
[17:39] | you’d have to reach out formally to Francis anyway. | 你总得正式联系弗朗西斯 |
[17:42] | Surely by now Mary and Francis know | 现在玛丽和弗朗西斯肯定已经知道 |
[17:44] | that key lords have turned against her. | 关键领主们已经背叛了她 |
[17:46] | She can’t keep this up. | 她不会拒绝的 |
[17:48] | She’s on the verge of losing Scotland. | 她正处在失去苏格兰的边缘 |
[17:50] | They will welcome a well-timed offer that implies a truce. | 他们会欢迎这适时的意欲和解的提议 |
[17:53] | You’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[17:57] | Narcisse came to you officially, asking to court me? | 纳西斯正式告知你他想向我求婚 |
[18:00] | And was swiftly denied. | 我当即就拒绝了 |
[18:02] | Oh, by me as well. | 我也拒绝了他 |
[18:04] | He is relentless. | 他太残忍了 |
[18:06] | Did you encourage him in this? | 你是在鼓励他这么做吗 |
[18:08] | No, just the opposite. | 当然没有 恰恰相反 |
[18:11] | Present a challenge in a way that engages him? | 欲擒故纵吗 |
[18:13] | I resent your implication. | 你这么说我就不乐意了 |
[18:14] | My implication is that you might be lonely. | 我是说你可能觉得很孤单 |
[18:17] | That by sleeping with a future king, | 你根本不知道 |
[18:18] | you had no idea that you’d be handing over your freedom, | 你这样睡在王储的身边就意味着 |
[18:20] | freedom to choose your own suitor. | 你就放弃了选择求婚者的权利 |
[18:22] | I know Narcisse can wear people down, | 我知道纳西斯很会说服人 |
[18:25] | but I don’t want him anywhere near our son. | 但我不希望他靠近我们儿子寸步 |
[18:27] | Near him? He was only near him to save him, | 靠近他 他靠近他是为了救他 |
[18:30] | to save me, when your mother had us abducted. | 救我 而这都是因为你母亲绑架了我们母子 |
[18:33] | Do you hear the way you’re defending him? | 你看看自己是怎么维护他的 |
[18:34] | I know you may not want to, | 我知道你也许不是故意的 |
[18:35] | but you have feelings towards him. | 但你对他有好感 |
[18:37] | And I don’t want John growing up, | 我不希望约翰在成长过程中 |
[18:38] | believing that Narcisse is what a man should be. | 把纳西斯作为榜样 |
[18:41] | What a man should be? | 榜样 |
[18:43] | Francis, you are his father. | 弗朗西斯 你是他父亲 |
[18:44] | – John will model himself after you. Won’t he? – Of course. | -约翰会把你当成榜样 不是吗 -当然 |
[18:47] | Are you thinking of sending us away? | 你是想把我们送走吗 |
[18:49] | No. | 没有 |
[18:51] | I’m not, I swear it. | 我发誓我没有 |
[18:53] | But then… | 那你… |
[18:58] | The topic of Narcisse is finished. | 纳西斯的事就这么定了 |
[19:00] | I forbid your union, and in doing so, | 我不同意你们结婚 我这么做 |
[19:02] | I am saving you from the biggest mistake of your life. | 是为了让你不要犯下大错 |
[19:05] | You have my attention, what is it? | 我看到你了 怎么回事 |
[19:07] | Your Majesty, the queen requests your presence. | 国王陛下 王后请求见您 |
[19:11] | It’s a message from Elizabeth herself. | 这是伊丽莎白亲自发来的消息 |
[19:13] | She wants to marry Charles. | 她想嫁给查尔斯 |
[19:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:17] | I think the answer is in her terms. | 答案就在她的信中 |
[19:19] | The battle for control of Scotland rages on. | 控制苏格兰的战役已经打响 |
[19:22] | But she is so close to an advantage. | 但是她有优势啊 |
[19:23] | Well, she doesn’t know that. | 她可不知道啊 |
[19:25] | She doesn’t know how close we are | 她不知道我们就快要 |
[19:26] | to being incapable of supporting French troops, | 支撑不起法国军队了 |
[19:28] | let alone Scottish ones. | 更别提苏格兰军队了 |
[19:30] | Her offer could not be more timely. | 她的来信真是太及时了 |
[19:31] | We will find the money, Mary. | 我们会找到资金的 玛丽 |
[19:33] | Resorting to piracy will keep the war going. | 依靠海盗去抢夺只会让战争不断延续 |
[19:36] | Our troops will make progress, | 我们的军队得利 |
[19:38] | the English-backed Protestants will retreat. | 英格兰支持的新教徒会撤退 |
[19:40] | But then they will move forward and back | 但随即他们会卷土重来 又被击退 |
[19:42] | until it all blurs into a bloody, endless stalemate. | 直到这一切都陷入残忍又无尽的僵局 |
[19:45] | It’s a drain on our resources, | 这会渐渐耗尽我们的财物 |
[19:47] | and England’s, too, and has been for years. | 也会耗尽英格兰的 这几年不就是这样吗 |
[19:50] | Elizabeth’s real war is with me. | 伊丽莎白真正想针对的是我 |
[19:52] | My claim to her throne. | 我对她的王位有威胁 |
[19:53] | Perhaps her advisors have realized this and are pressuring her. | 也许她的顾问已经意识到这一点正在对她施压 |
[19:57] | But an engagement with Charles creates an alliance. | 但与查尔斯成婚会形成联姻 |
[19:59] | How difficult would it then be for France to overrule my brother, | 届时法国要想掌控我弟弟 |
[20:02] | about Scotland or any matter? | 苏格兰或是任何事情会有多难你知道吗 |
[20:04] | Very difficult. I know that. | 非常难 我知道 |
[20:05] | But if we allow her to marry Charles, | 但如果我们同意她嫁给查尔斯 |
[20:07] | she has said she will cease her aggressions in Scotland. | 她说了会停止进攻苏格兰 |
[20:10] | Francis, someone has to make the first move toward peace. | 弗朗西斯 为了和平得有人先站出来才行 |
[20:14] | Do we find it so unbelievable | 我们这么惊讶是因为 |
[20:15] | because she is the one doing it and not me? | 是她站出来这么做而不是我吗 |
[20:17] | By giving Elizabeth this alliance, | 让伊丽莎白达成这个联姻 |
[20:19] | we are calling it even in one area… | 我们就在一个方面扯平了… |
[20:21] | Mary, it won’t be even. | 玛丽 这是不可能的 |
[20:23] | No. She will have a prince and I will have a king. | 不会 她嫁给一个王子 我有你这个国王 |
[20:25] | You cannot do this. | 你不能这么做 |
[20:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:28] | Because you will not have the king of France. | 因为你将失去法国国王 |
[20:37] | When I became ill, | 我之前生病的时候 |
[20:38] | with the pain in my ear, and fever, | 就是耳朵疼发烧那时 |
[20:42] | they told me that if the pain returned, | 他们告诉我 一旦病情反复 |
[20:44] | I would not survive long. | 我就活不长了 |
[20:47] | It has returned. | 现在病情反复了 |
[20:50] | No. | 不 |
[20:51] | – They’re wrong… – And when I am gone, | -他们错了 -一旦我走了 |
[20:53] | you will have no position here but that of a widow, | 你在法国就没有地位了 你只是个寡妇 |
[20:55] | and I cannot abandon you unprotected. | 我不能让你四面受敌 |
[20:57] | – I cannot, I cannot leave you… – You won’t. | -我不能 不能让你… -你不会的 |
[21:00] | -We’ll find other physicians, experts… – No. | -我们去找其他医师 专家… -不 |
[21:01] | No, Mary. Please, listen. | 不 玛丽 听着 |
[21:04] | Please hear me. | 请听我说 |
[21:08] | I am dying. | 我要死了 |
[21:12] | I’m dying. | 我活不长了 |
[22:00] | You will survive this. | 你会平安度过这一切的 |
[22:02] | And I will help you in every way that I can. | 我会尽我所能去帮你 |
[22:06] | I’ve already sent for my brother weeks ago. | 几周前我已经派人去召回我弟弟了 |
[22:08] | Charles? | 查尔斯吗 |
[22:10] | He doesn’t know that he’ll be king soon enough, | 他不知道他马上就要成为国王了 |
[22:12] | but he should be here. | 但他应该在这里 |
[22:15] | We must keep my illness a secret for as long as possible. | 你必须尽可能久的不泄露我的病情 |
[22:19] | To put the pieces in place. | 把一切都整顿好 |
[22:21] | I can’t think about politics right now. | 我现在没法思考政治 |
[22:24] | You don’t need to. | 你不必思考 |
[22:26] | I have. | 我都想好了 |
[22:27] | I will protect you and France. | 我会保护你和法国的 |
[22:32] | Stop being so strong, | 别这么坚强了 |
[22:35] | so perfect. | 别这么完美 |
[22:36] | Worrying about me when you… | 你都这样了还在担心我… |
[22:38] | When we… | 我们… |
[22:42] | I don’t know how much time we have left. | 我不知道我们还剩多少时间 |
[22:44] | But every moment matters. | 但每一刻都价值千金 |
[22:47] | It always did, I just didn’t… | 其实一直都是如此 只是我没… |
[22:50] | I didn’t see it before. | 我之前都没看清 |
[22:52] | I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. | 和抱歉我没早些告诉你 |
[22:56] | Things between us, I… | 我们之间的事 我… |
[22:57] | I didn’t want you to return to me out of pity. | 我不想你因为同情才回到我身边 |
[23:00] | Francis, I love you. | 弗朗西斯 我爱你 |
[23:03] | And once I had you back, i just wanted to enjoy every moment | 你回到了我身边 我只想享受 |
[23:06] | of your happiness. | 你每个开心的瞬间 |
[23:08] | If that’s selfish, I’m sorry, but | 如果这样很自私的话 很抱歉 |
[23:11] | I am determined to find the joy in our lives. | 但我已经决意要好好享受我们的生活 |
[23:17] | In the small things… | 一切小事 |
[23:20] | In everything. | 每件事 |
[23:21] | It all makes sense now. | 我都明白了 |
[23:23] | The boat? | 那艘船 |
[23:27] | Yes. The boat. | 是的 那艘船 |
[23:35] | Will you come with me? | 你愿意和我一起吗 |
[24:05] | You are ravishing, charming, | 你是个迷人的 |
[24:07] | highborn, a lady. | 出身高贵的小姐 |
[24:08] | What else should I know about you? | 还有什么是我不知道的吗 |
[24:10] | I am highborn, it’s true, but… | 我确实出身高贵 但是… |
[24:13] | But more of a madam than a lady? | 但其实是女士而非小姐吗 |
[24:15] | I know about the whorehouse. | 我知道妓院的事 |
[24:17] | Then you probably know | 那你可能也知道 |
[24:18] | I’ve only recently been welcomed back to court. | 我最近才得以回到宫廷 |
[24:20] | And none of this bothers you? | 你觉得这些都没关系吗 |
[24:22] | I like that you’re scrappy. | 我喜欢你的叛逆劲儿 |
[24:24] | But it’s good you have an interest to keep you occupied, | 但你平时有事做挺好 |
[24:26] | as I’m gone for months at a time. | 我每次出门都要好几个月 |
[24:28] | How many months? | 具体几个月 |
[24:29] | Ten out of 12, I’d say. I’ll send letters, | 每年大概十个月吧 我会写信 |
[24:32] | along with jewels and gold. | 和金银财宝一起寄回来 |
[24:34] | We could have a few children. | 我们可以生几个孩子 |
[24:36] | Would you like that? | 你觉得呢 |
[24:37] | I no longer thought it was a possibility. | 我都不抱希望了 |
[24:40] | Why? Because of your profession? | 为什么 因为你在做的事吗 |
[24:43] | Surely they would be ashamed of me. | 他们会对我感到羞耻的 |
[24:45] | I’ll teach them not to judge you. | 我会教他们不去评判你 |
[24:47] | You can teach them not to judge me. | 你也可以教他们不来评判我 |
[24:49] | They’ll grow, knowing they’ve parents | 他们总会长大 会知道他们的父母 |
[24:51] | who’ve each found a way to weave some right | 都成功地将旁人以为的歪门邪道 |
[24:53] | into what many consider wrong. | 摆正了那么一些 |
[24:56] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[24:57] | You’re a surprising man. | 你真令人惊讶 |
[24:59] | I like you, too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[25:10] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[25:33] | My lord. | 殿下 |
[25:35] | – You have news of Delphine. – It took a bit longer | -有戴尔芬的消息吗 -找到关押她的镇子 |
[25:37] | than expected to reach the town | 时间比我们想象得更长 |
[25:39] | where she was held, and by the time we got there… | 而我们到的时候… |
[25:41] | She’d slipped her bonds and got away. | 她已经挣脱镣铐逃走了 |
[25:43] | Yes. How did you know? | 没错 您是怎么知道的 |
[25:45] | I saw you and your men arrive with no prisoner in town. | 我看到你们并没有带犯人回来 |
[25:48] | We’ll continue the search and bring you any leads we hear. | 我们会继续找 把线索都带回来 |
[25:51] | Especially anything closer to court. | 要特别注意宫廷附近 |
[25:57] | She is near. | 她就在附近 |
[26:10] | Watch this, Charles. | 看着 查尔斯 |
[26:14] | You’ve much to teach me. | 我要向你学好多本事啊 |
[26:16] | I’m glad that you think so. | 很高兴你能这么想 |
[26:18] | I’d love to work with the master | 我想跟教你箭术的大师 |
[26:19] | who first trained you in archery. | 学一学 |
[26:21] | Who’s planning gatherings these days? | 最近有谁在策划聚会吗 |
[26:23] | And where can I have one, so it won’t get in the way? | 我能办一个吗 这样就不会妨碍了 |
[26:25] | Get in the way of what? | 妨碍什么 |
[26:27] | Court business. Prying eyes. | 皇室联姻 那些蠢蠢欲动的人 |
[26:29] | I hear you’re quite the host. | 听说你参加很多了 |
[26:32] | That you got into a bit of trouble for such gatherings in Spain. | 还为此在西班牙惹了点儿麻烦 |
[26:34] | That wasn’t the reason that engagement was called off. | 那和撤销婚约没关系 |
[26:37] | Well, you’re a free man now and back home. | 既然你现在单身 回到了这里 |
[26:39] | And the reason I brought you here was to educate you. | 我带你来这儿的原因是想教导你 |
[26:42] | You are the Dauphin now, the next in line. | 你现在是皇太子了 王储顺位第一人 |
[26:44] | So I’m to learn about trade routes | 所以我才要去学贸易航路 |
[26:45] | and intricate power plays our nobles favor? | 以及利用贵族利益的权术啊 |
[26:48] | Every guardian I’ve ever had says the same. | 我的每个监护人都这么说 |
[26:50] | Well, now it’s time to listen. | 现在该是你听话的时候了 |
[26:52] | All right. | 好啊 |
[26:54] | But first let’s go for a ride. | 但我们还是先去骑个马吧 |
[26:55] | I brought a fine mare with me from the south. | 我从南边带回来一匹漂亮的母马 |
[26:57] | A good jumper. We’ll take the path beyond the chapel. | 跳得很高 我们可以往小教堂那边骑 |
[26:59] | Oh, I’d like that, but I have business to attend to. | 我挺想去的 但我还有事情要处理 |
[27:03] | – But I thought you said you wanted to talk. – We will. | -你刚才还说要和我谈谈 -没错 |
[27:06] | Now that you’re home. | 你都已经回来了 |
[27:08] | Enjoy. I’ll see you at supper. | 好好玩吧 晚餐时候见 |
[27:11] | Thanks. Have fun being King. | 谢啦 祝你当国王愉快 |
[27:40] | Lola. | 萝拉 |
[27:41] | What are you doing in my chambers? | 你在我房间里做什么 |
[27:43] | Taking a bath. You like me in baths. | 沐浴 你喜欢我沐浴的样子 |
[27:46] | I do. | 是喜欢 |
[27:47] | Would you like to join me? | 要一起吗 |
[27:49] | Am I to understand | 我是不是可以理解为 |
[27:51] | that you have rethought my proposition? | 你重新考虑了我的提议 |
[27:53] | That you’re willing to let me court you? | 愿意让我追求你了 |
[27:55] | Must we talk about that now? | 我们非要现在聊这个吗 |
[28:00] | Are you just going to watch? | 你就想这么看着 |
[28:03] | What were you thinking you would do, | 你之前所设想的 |
[28:05] | beyond this bathing moment? | 是要在沐浴时做些什么呢 |
[28:08] | When I shared my fondness | 我和他人分享 |
[28:08] | for this particular situation, | 我对这个特殊时刻的喜爱 |
[28:12] | my plan was to seduce you. | 本意是想引诱你 |
[28:15] | That was before | 但那时 |
[28:16] | I came to care for you as I do. | 我还未像现在一样在乎你 |
[28:19] | So you don’t enjoy the bathing ritual anymore? | 所以你现在不喜欢沐浴这事了吗 |
[28:21] | That is not what I’m saying, Lola. | 我可没这么说 萝拉 |
[28:24] | But is this your idea of a… A seduction? | 但你现在这是 要引诱我吗 |
[28:28] | Phrased like that, | 这话听起来 |
[28:29] | it certainly sounds like a failed seduction. | 我肯定是引诱失败了 |
[28:31] | You do not need | 你根本没必要 |
[28:32] | to seduce a man who already wants you. | 引诱一个已经很想要你的男人 |
[28:35] | Francis denied my request to court you. | 弗朗西斯拒绝了我追求你的请求 |
[28:38] | Has he changed his mind? Have you? | 他改变主意了吗 你改变主意了吗 |
[28:40] | And why does it have to be so formal? | 为什么要那么正式呢 |
[28:42] | Why can’t we just try this, | 我们就不能这么试试看吗 |
[28:45] | in secret? | 偷偷地 |
[28:46] | Because you said I scared you. | 因为你说过我吓到你了 |
[28:48] | That you don’t trust me. | 你不相信我 |
[28:50] | As a potential husband, a true partner. | 作为一个未来丈夫 真正的配偶来说 是 |
[28:52] | But Francis forbade that, | 但弗朗西斯已经明言禁止了 |
[28:54] | as you said, so… | 就像你说的 所以… |
[28:56] | So you feel protected. | 所以你觉得安全了 |
[28:57] | That we can only go so far with one another. | 我们反正只能走到这一步 |
[28:59] | That whatever you do or feel, | 无论你做什么或者有什么感觉 |
[29:02] | you are saved from making a terrible mistake. | 都不会犯下弥天大错 |
[29:05] | Francis said the same thing. | 弗朗西斯也是这么说的 |
[29:07] | He called it the mistake of my life. | 他的原话是 我一辈子的大错 |
[29:10] | Which is true, | 这是真的 |
[29:11] | but so is this: | 但还有一件事也是真的 |
[29:13] | I am yours this night. | 我今晚是你的 |
[29:16] | No. | 不 |
[29:19] | Not like this. | 不能这样 |
[29:20] | I am going to marry you. | 我要和你结婚 |
[29:22] | And I can promise you | 我可以向你保证 |
[29:23] | that it is not a mistake, | 那不是一个错误 |
[29:25] | because we are right for each other. | 因为我们是天作之合 |
[29:28] | You don’t see it, but I do. | 你不懂 但我知道 |
[29:33] | And I am prepared to wait | 而我准备等到 |
[29:36] | until you see it, too. | 你也懂了的那一天 |
[29:51] | I got your note that you’re leaving. | 我收到你的留言了 你要走了 |
[29:54] | Greer, the night we spent together… | 葛瑞尔 我们在一起的那一晚… |
[29:58] | I brought you this to take on your journey. | 我想让你戴着这个上路 |
[30:00] | I noticed some of your men wore the locks | 我注意到你的一些人戴着 |
[30:02] | of the women they love. | 他们爱人的头发 |
[30:03] | Your beautiful hair. | 你美丽的头发 |
[30:06] | Greer… | 葛瑞尔… |
[30:08] | Wait, is-is that…? | 等等 这是… |
[30:09] | The hair of another. | 别人的头发 |
[30:10] | I enjoyed our time together so much. | 我很享受我们在一起的时光 |
[30:13] | And the choice was so difficult. | 但选择是如此之难 |
[30:15] | Choice? | 选择 |
[30:17] | You were choosing between me and some other girl? | 你在我和其他姑娘之间做选择吗 |
[30:19] | I said I was looking for a bride. | 我说了我之前在寻找新娘 |
[30:21] | I didn’t say I was only looking at one candidate. | 我可没说我只在一棵树上吊死 |
[30:23] | You can’t be serious. As though you’re some prize? | 开什么玩笑 说得像你是什么稀世珍宝一样 |
[30:25] | – Some, some… – I’m a skilled thief. | -什么… -我是个技术高超的小偷 |
[30:28] | A pirate with all my arms, | 一个四肢健全 牙口完整的海盗 |
[30:30] | legs and teeth, which is a rarity. | 这真的很罕见 |
[30:32] | And I make rich those who employ me. | 而雇我的人都会变得很富有 |
[30:34] | A Dutch baron, who is here at court with his family, | 一个荷兰男爵 现在携家眷住在宫廷里 |
[30:36] | put his daughter in the running, too. | 也送上女儿任我挑选呢 |
[30:37] | She won. | 她赢了 |
[30:39] | This… never happens to me. | 我才不会加入呢 |
[30:41] | I would never… | 我永远不会… |
[30:42] | so casually, without some… | 这么随便 没有什么… |
[30:45] | promise of something, some deeper bond or… | 什么承诺 什么深厚的感情 或者… |
[30:47] | I’m sorry you were so mistaken. | 很抱歉你之前弄错了 |
[30:49] | But I’m sure we’ll see each other again. | 但我们一定会再见的 |
[30:54] | You are a scoundrel, a rogue. | 你就是个恶棍 流氓 |
[30:57] | A pirate. | 是海盗 |
[31:00] | So Catherine took a lover, a monk, | 凯瑟琳的一个爱人 一个修道士 |
[31:02] | who bled to death from his wounds, | 因失血过多而死 |
[31:03] | but how was he wounded? | 但他是怎么受伤的呢 |
[31:05] | It was a saw blade, apparently. | 显然是锯子弄伤的 |
[31:07] | After the poor young monk shared an encounter | 那个可怜的年轻人 |
[31:09] | with the queen mother. | 遇到太后之后 |
[31:10] | They thought the mill was inoperable, | 他们以为那磨坊已经废弃不用了 |
[31:12] | but their position activated a lever and… | 但他们的姿势刚好碰到了一根杆子然后… |
[31:15] | Oh, Lord! | 老天啊 |
[31:17] | Once she learned that her lover | 她意识到他的爱人 |
[31:18] | bled to death, | 流血而亡之后 |
[31:20] | she was so stricken with guilt | 她太内疚了 |
[31:21] | that she hanged herself. | 就上吊自杀了 |
[31:25] | Catherine de Medici is dead. | 凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇死了 |
[31:27] | Catherine? | 凯瑟琳吗 |
[31:29] | Guilt-stricken? | 她会觉得内疚 |
[31:32] | That’s not the woman we know. | 那可不像我们所认识的那个女人 |
[31:33] | Well, it can’t be, can it? | 不可能是她 对吧 |
[31:35] | She must have used a decoy. | 她肯定安了一个替身 |
[31:38] | So where is she now? | 那她现在在哪 |
[31:39] | And what on earth is she up to? | 又想做什么坏事呢 |
[31:41] | Narcisse requested a meeting that might | 纳西斯那天想见我 |
[31:43] | have an answer to that question. | 可能是有我们想知道的答案 |
[31:45] | He says that he has news from Italy. | 他说他有意大利那边的消息 |
[31:47] | And what news from our spy in Rome? | 我们在罗马的密探有消息了 |
[31:49] | A small delegation arrived surreptitiously. | 一些人悄悄到了罗马 |
[31:52] | They were granted an audience with someone very high up, | 他们听身份尊贵的人说了一些事 |
[31:54] | whom they told in great detail | 那人很详尽地告诉他们 |
[31:56] | of your relationship with Conde. | 你和康德的关系 |
[31:59] | Oh, what have I done? | 我到底做了什么 |
[32:01] | If the Vatican | 如果罗马教廷 |
[32:02] | withdraws its support from me, from Scotland… | 不再支持我和苏格兰… |
[32:04] | Who did they meet with? | 他们都见谁了 |
[32:05] | No one wants to say, | 没人愿意说 |
[32:06] | as the delegation was shown to their rooms | 那些人都被带到房间 |
[32:09] | and quietly assassinated. | 偷偷杀了 |
[32:11] | This is ghastly! | 太可怕了 |
[32:12] | As is treason, which is what this was. | 这可是叛国罪 |
[32:15] | Whoever sent those people misjudged | 无论是谁派了那些人 他都错判了 |
[32:17] | Rome’s determination to keep Scotland Catholic. | 罗马教廷要保留苏格兰天主教的决心 |
[32:19] | Even if it means murder to support a sinful queen. | 尽管这意味着杀人支持一个有罪的王后 |
[32:22] | Mary, do not look to the past. I’m not. | 玛丽 别老是记着以前的事 我就没有 |
[32:25] | Indeed, you should be looking across the channel. | 没错 您应该看看海峡对面 |
[32:28] | Amongst the accusers’ possessions | 那些密告人的财物里 |
[32:29] | were letters guaranteeing | 有安全通过英格兰的 |
[32:31] | safe passage to England. | 担保信 |
[32:35] | She’s there. | 她在那里 |
[32:36] | Who? | 谁 |
[32:37] | My mother. | 我的母亲 |
[32:39] | Elizabeth is considered a heretic. | 伊丽莎白是异教徒 |
[32:40] | She has no ties to the Vatican. | 与罗马教廷没有联系 |
[32:42] | It wouldn’t occur to her to set this up. | 这不可能是她设计的 |
[32:45] | My mother sat in on our privy council meetings. | 我母亲旁听了我们的枢密院内阁会议 |
[32:47] | She’s at Elizabeth’s side, | 她在伊丽莎白那边 |
[32:49] | feeding her information. | 给她递消息 |
[32:51] | Catherine wants to destroy me. | 凯瑟琳想毁了我 |
[32:52] | And if she can’t, she’ll help Elizabeth | 如果她做不到 她就会帮伊丽莎白 |
[32:53] | destroy my nation. | 摧毁我的国家 |
[32:55] | Leave us. | 让我们单独谈谈 |
[32:59] | Mary, I will help you for as long as I can. | 玛丽 我会尽我所能帮助你 |
[33:01] | I can’t take on two queens. | 我无法应付两个女王 |
[33:03] | Not alone, you mean. | 还有我在 |
[33:06] | I have to agree to the meeting with Elizabeth. | 我要见伊丽莎白 |
[33:07] | If we allow her to marry Charles, you’ll lose your power. | 若我们同意她和查尔斯结婚 你会失去权力 |
[33:11] | Soon, I fear, I will have nothing left to lose. | 我怕很快我就会一无所有 |
[33:14] | It’s time to deal with her directly. | 是时候面对她了 |
[33:17] | Whatever the cost may be. | 无论代价是什么 |
[33:28] | Bash? Bash! | 巴斯 巴斯 |
[33:32] | Delphine. | 戴尔芬 |
[33:34] | What? How? | 怎么回事 |
[33:36] | I can’t move. | 我动不了 |
[33:38] | Because I drugged your wine. | 因为我在你酒里下药了 |
[33:39] | I am innocent, Bash, | 我是无辜的 巴斯 |
[33:41] | of the murder I was accused of. | 我没杀人 |
[33:43] | Of witchcraft. | 也没施巫术 |
[33:44] | But you didn’t… | 但你没被… |
[33:47] | – You didn’t… – Burn? | -你没被… -烧死吗 |
[33:49] | I asked not to be drowned, | 我求他们别淹死我 |
[33:50] | because I knew I could survive the flames. | 因为我知道我能从火里活下来 |
[33:53] | I covered myself with a protective ointment. | 我在全身涂满了一种药膏 |
[33:55] | I could feel the heat, though. | 但我还是能感觉到灼烫 |
[33:56] | It was agony. | 很痛苦 |
[33:57] | Whoever killed that boy, the one whose death I am blamed for, | 杀了那男孩的人 我替他背黑锅的那个人 |
[33:59] | will kill again. | 他肯定会再杀人的 |
[34:01] | I have felt their urges. | 我能感觉到他们的迫切 |
[34:03] | A thirst that will never be slaked. | 无法熄灭的嗜血欲望 |
[34:05] | You must stop them, Bash. | 你必须阻止他们 巴斯 |
[34:09] | Let others come for me if you must. | 如果你想的话 让别人来抓我吧 |
[34:11] | But stay here and stop them. | 但你要留在这里 阻止他们 |
[34:17] | So you know you weren’t dreaming. | 这样你就知道你不是在做梦了 |
[34:29] | I feel as though I’m ten hiding up here. | 躲在这里偷看 也太幼稚了吧 |
[34:31] | Is a pirate really worth this effort? | 一个海盗而已 值得你这样吗 |
[34:33] | I can’t face him, Lola. | 我无法面对他 萝拉 |
[34:35] | Not after what happened between us. | 在我们之间发生了那事之后 |
[34:37] | Did you see him with the Dutch baron’s daughter? | 你看到他和荷兰男爵的女儿在一起了吗 |
[34:39] | No. | 没有 |
[34:40] | She must be very beautiful. | 她肯定很美 |
[34:43] | Greer, listen. | 葛瑞尔 听着 |
[34:44] | I’ve– I learned something. | 我听到了一些事 |
[34:46] | Martin told the baron’s daughter the same story. | 马丁和男爵的女儿说了一样的话 |
[34:49] | That he’d chosen another– some girl from the Pyrenees. | 说他选了另一个人 比利牛斯山的一个姑娘 |
[34:52] | So we were all jockeying up to try | 所以我们都卯足了劲儿想把 |
[34:54] | and better a girl he already had? | 他已经有了的一个姑娘比下去吗 |
[34:56] | Well, my guess is, he’ll tell her there’s yet another. | 我认为 他肯定也对那姑娘说了同样的话 |
[34:59] | How do you know these things? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[35:01] | One of my servants became acquainted with one of his men. | 我的一个仆人和他的一个手下混熟了 |
[35:04] | And she learned he’s not looking for a bride at all. | 她了解到 他根本没有在找什么新娘 |
[35:06] | He likes highborn ladies, so he rolls out a quick proposal | 他喜欢出身高贵的女士 所以他就立马求婚 |
[35:09] | to get them into bed. | 把她们骗上床 |
[35:10] | That is monstrous and despicable | 真是太荒谬卑鄙了 |
[35:12] | to mislead and use people. | 这样误导利用别人 |
[35:14] | Not quite the way you were planning to use him, | 和你想利用他的方法不一样 |
[35:16] | but you were planning on using him, weren’t you? | 但你的确是想利用他的 对吧 |
[35:18] | But I changed my mind. | 但我改主意了 |
[35:20] | I was actually considering a relationship with him. | 我之前是真的在考虑和他发展呢 |
[35:22] | Marriage even. | 甚至嫁给他 |
[35:24] | Well, the good news is that he’s still single. | 好消息是 他仍单身 |
[35:26] | Should he return to court and you be open to… | 他回来的时候 你会不会 |
[35:29] | a renegotiation? | 重新考虑呢 |
[35:31] | Never. | 才不会 |
[35:52] | I’ll decide where to set up the tent. | 我来决定在哪搭帐篷 |
[35:54] | I want Mary to climb the hill to me. | 我想让玛丽爬上来见我 |
[35:56] | Charles, too. | 还有查尔斯 |
[35:59] | Sir! | 是 |
[36:02] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[36:04] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[36:06] | I don’t even see a ship on the horizon. | 我连船的影子都没看到 |
[36:08] | I don’t know, Your Majesty. | 不知道 陛下 |
[36:09] | It is odd. | 这很奇怪 |
[36:10] | Rest assured, you are protected. | 别担心 您很安全 |
[36:12] | We have come in force with the best of your castle guards. | 我们带来了城堡里最好的卫兵 |
[36:18] | The castle, unguarded. | 城堡无人防御 |
[36:20] | They’re coming for Catherine. | 他们的目标是凯瑟琳 |
[36:22] | No. | 不 |
[36:25] | Oh, my Lord. | 天啊 |
[36:33] | The men who took Catherine were English. | 抓走凯瑟琳的是英格兰人 |
[36:34] | Frequent guests at court. | 宫廷常客 |
[36:36] | Catholics I tolerated. | 我所接纳的天主教徒 |
[36:37] | They were armed. With so many men | 他们全副武装 因为很多人 |
[36:39] | away from court to ensure your protection… | 都离开宫廷去保卫你的安全… |
[36:40] | While I stood on the beach and waited like a fool. | 我还站在海滩上像个傻子一样在等 |
[36:42] | They entered and left the castle easily. | 他们在城堡来去自如 |
[36:43] | She dared to take me on directly! | 她胆敢这样骗我 |
[36:45] | Mary planned this entire thing | 玛丽设计了整件事 |
[36:46] | to seize Catherine and take her home. | 抓住凯瑟琳 把她带回去 |
[36:48] | They never even considered an English-French alliance. | 他们根本没有考虑过英格兰和法国的联盟 |
[36:50] | And you never considered peace with Mary. | 你也从未考虑过和玛丽和平共处 |
[36:52] | You and Catherine de Medici had some other plan | 你和凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇有别的计划 |
[36:53] | to topple her rule in Scotland, didn’t you? | 准备推翻她在苏格兰的统治 不是吗 |
[36:55] | Mary threatens me, William. | 玛丽威胁我 威廉 |
[36:58] | It isn’t just her legitimacy that makes her a better choice. | 她之所以是王位更优候选 不仅是因为身份 |
[37:00] | It’s the fact that she’s wed. | 还因为她结婚了 |
[37:01] | Every monarchy needs a clear heir to the throne, | 每个国家都需要一个明确的王位继承人 |
[37:03] | so power can be passed down | 这样 权力才能顺利流传下去 |
[37:04] | without bloodshed or the fear of it. | 不用流血杀戮 也不用担惊受怕 |
[37:07] | The fear you feel every day. | 就像你这样每日担忧 |
[37:08] | I don’t need any more lectures | 关于这方面 我不需要 |
[37:09] | – on that topic, thank you. – My queen, | -更多的说教 谢谢 -我的女王 |
[37:11] | if the goal of creating an alliance with France | 若与法国结盟是为了 |
[37:13] | was to even Mary’s advantage, | 使你和玛丽地位平等 |
[37:15] | you can do so easily enough. | 那其实很简单 |
[37:17] | Take a husband. | 选个丈夫 |
[37:17] | Have children, a son. | 生孩子 生个儿子 |
[37:19] | Stop turning away suitor after suitor. | 别再拒绝别人了 |
[37:21] | A husband who would diminish me. | 嫁与他人会削弱我 |
[37:23] | You can talk about our patriarchal system, | 你可以说是因为我们的父权体系 |
[37:25] | its evils for women, but I know the real reason | 对女人不公 但我知道 |
[37:27] | that you dismiss marriage. | 你逃避婚姻的真正原因 |
[37:29] | His name is Robert Dudley. | 原因的名字就叫做罗伯特·达德利 |
[37:32] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白 |
[37:33] | You must rule your own heart | 你必须如统治你的臣属一般 |
[37:34] | as firmly as you rule your subjects. | 统治好你的心 |
[37:44] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[37:46] | If we are caught, | 如果我们被人看到 |
[37:47] | this ruins your chances at marriage, any alliance. | 就会毁了你结婚的可能 结盟的可能 |
[37:52] | I don’t trust anyone around me but you. | 除了你我身边再无人可信 |
[37:55] | They tell me to rule my heart, | 他们让我统治好我的心 |
[37:56] | but what they want is a man to rule me. | 但他们其实想让一个男人来统治我 |
[37:59] | I won’t have it. | 我不要 |
[38:01] | But Mary… | 但玛丽… |
[38:03] | Don’t say her name. I can’t stand her. | 别说她的名字 我受不了她 |
[38:05] | I can’t stand the fact that she draws breath. | 无法忍受她竟然还活着 |
[38:07] | I am England’s queen. | 我是英格兰的女王 |
[38:08] | And those who seek to replace me will suffer my wrath. | 那些妄想代替我的人都要遭受我的怒火 |
[38:11] | That is how I will | 我要这样 |
[38:12] | protect myself… and you, | 来保护我自己 还有你 |
[38:14] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[38:16] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[38:21] | Lady Dudley, this is remarkable | 达德利夫人 这举动真是不得了 |
[38:23] | but quite unexpected– so young and lovely. | 真出人意料啊 你这么年轻漂亮 |
[38:25] | – Do shut up now, won’t you? – You said you wanted something from me. | -闭嘴好吗 -你说过想从我这里获得什么 |
[38:27] | Is it a particular in the sex act? | 是什么特殊的结合方式吗 |
[38:28] | – I like the details. – That’s not what I meant. | -详细告诉我吧 -我不是这个意思 |
[38:30] | – Well, then? – If you must know, if it will quiet you, it’s this. | -那是什么 -如果你非要知道 好吧 |
[38:33] | My husband is in Elizabeth’s grasp. | 我丈夫被伊丽莎白捏得死死的 |
[38:35] | And I’d very much like him back in mine. | 我很想让他回到我身边 |
[38:36] | You’re going to help me with that. | 而你要帮我 |
[38:50] | Clearly we should have taken your head | 你上次背叛你儿子的时候 |
[38:51] | when you last betrayed your son. | 我们就该砍下你的头 |
[38:53] | Now you’ve betrayed your nation | 结果现在你竟然背叛了你的国家 |
[38:54] | by consorting with an enemy. | 与敌人为伍 |
[38:55] | I sought an alliance for the good of France. | 我是在为法国寻求盟友 |
[39:06] | Take her. | 抓住她 |
[39:08] | I’m a patriot. | 我是个爱国者 |
[39:10] | I am your mother. | 我是你的母亲 |
[39:11] | I will not be treated like an animal! | 你们不能像对畜牲一样对待我 |
[39:15] | You’re wrong there. | 你错了 |
[39:19] | You’ve met the pirate Martin. | 你见过马丁 海盗先生了 |
[39:21] | No. | 不 |
[39:22] | Now meet his companion. | 现在来见见他的同伴吧 |
[39:27] | No! | 不 |
[39:31] | No! No! No! | 不 不 不 |
[39:39] | We have many carriages, but few moving prisons. | 我们有几辆马车 但牢笼不多 |
[39:43] | It’s hard to say which of you needs thicker bars. | 也说不准你们谁需要更坚固的笼子 |
[39:48] | But I know who will suffer more. | 但我知道谁更受折磨 |