时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | “One rat down, two to go.” | 一只老鼠倒下了 还有两只老鼠呢 |
[00:07] | There is also the matter of a new English ambassador to France. | 还要派遣新的英格兰大使去法国 |
[00:09] | I have a nomination. Lord Robert Dudley. | 我想提名一个人 罗伯特·达德利勋爵 |
[00:12] | It’s done. Your husband’s the only nomination. | 这事定了 你丈夫是唯一的提名人选 |
[00:14] | Our loss is France’s gain. | 我们的损失就是法国的收获 |
[00:16] | What do we do about Amy? | 艾米怎么办 |
[00:17] | Amy’s not going anywhere, is she? | 你不会动艾米吧 对吗 |
[00:19] | I don’t know. You tell me. | 这我可不知道 你说呢 |
[00:20] | – I need you, Nicholas. – What do you want from me? | -我需要你 尼古拉斯 -你要我做什么 |
[00:23] | I’ve appointed you the new English ambassador. | 我任命你为新的英格兰大使 |
[00:25] | If you leave France, someone else will have to watch over Charles. | 如果你离开法国 就得有其他人盯着查尔斯 |
[00:27] | Yes, | 对 |
[00:30] | – someone devoted to the Valois line. – No. | -一个忠于瓦卢瓦王朝的人 -不 |
[00:32] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[00:34] | My son has asked me back into his life, | 但我儿子要我回到他的生活中 |
[00:36] | so here I am, | 所以我就来了 |
[00:37] | back in your lives, too. | 也回到了你们的生活里 |
[00:53] | I have an urgent message for Mary, Queen of Scots. | 苏格兰女王玛丽派我来送信 |
[01:10] | I’m becoming quite the sailor under your tutelage. | 在你的指导下我都快成水手了 |
[01:12] | You almost capsized the boat. | 你都快把船弄翻了 |
[01:13] | It’s a good thing I’m a strong swimmer, then. | 还好我很会游泳 |
[01:15] | I can keep you afloat. | 我能帮你飘着不沉 |
[01:16] | You always do. | 你总是在帮我 |
[01:17] | That reminds me, | 这倒提醒我了 |
[01:18] | it is time for your herbs. | 你该吃药了 |
[01:20] | They’re not herbs. They’re weeds– | 这不是药 是草 |
[01:22] | weeds that the horses have watered. | 马浇灌的草 |
[01:24] | Don’t be a child. | 别耍小孩子脾气 |
[01:25] | The physician said you need one pastille every hour. | 医师说了你每小时都得吃一颗 |
[01:29] | Take it, and I’ll reward you with a kiss. | 你吃了 我就奖你一个吻 |
[01:32] | Well, I’ll take my reward in advance. | 我还是先要奖励吧 |
[01:43] | They do seem to be working. | 这药好像真的有效 |
[01:44] | The color has come back to your face. | 你的脸色好多了 |
[01:46] | – And you are feeling better, aren’t you? – I am. | -你应该感觉好多了吧 -对 |
[01:48] | Even if the medicine itself seems like poison. | 尽管吃起来像毒药一样 |
[01:51] | Thank you for taking such good care of me. | 谢谢你把我照顾得这么好 |
[01:53] | I would go to any lengths, Francis. | 我会竭尽全力 弗朗西斯 |
[01:55] | Any lengths. | 竭尽全力 |
[01:59] | An urgent dispatch from your mother. | 你母亲派人来找你了 |
[02:03] | Wait outside for my reply. | 去外边等我的回复 |
[02:11] | Marie de Guise has become quite secretive | 玛莉·德吉斯收回权力之后 |
[02:13] | since returning to power. | 就变得小心翼翼的 |
[02:16] | My half brother, James, | 我同父异母的兄弟 詹姆斯 |
[02:17] | has been removed from the regency | 已经被剥夺了摄政权 |
[02:19] | by his Protestant supporters since they discovered, | 因为他的新教支持者们 |
[02:22] | through his own correspondence, | 在他的信件里发现 |
[02:24] | that he had not cooperated with Elizabeth’s plan to oust me. | 他并未与伊丽莎白合作来剥夺我的地位 |
[02:28] | My mother is determined to keep her letters private. | 所以我母亲现在写信都用了一些暗语 |
[02:32] | Dearest Mary, I must ask again for your help. | 亲爱的玛丽 我不得不再次向你求助 |
[02:34] | A recent surge of English forces | 最近新出现的英格兰军队 |
[02:36] | has taken control of the Glen Albyn Pass, | 已经控制了格伦奥宾峡谷 |
[02:39] | depriving our soldiers of badly needed provisions. | 抢夺了我们士兵的供给 |
[02:41] | Unless we can open a new supply route at sea, | 除非我们能够在海上开辟一条新的供给线 |
[02:44] | defeat is only a matter of time. | 否则必尝败果 |
[02:46] | A surge. | 新出现的 |
[02:48] | Elizabeth knows of my illness. | 伊丽莎白知道我的病情 |
[02:51] | She’s testing us. | 她在试探我们 |
[02:53] | Gather my military council and the dauphin, now. | 让军事参议会成员集合 叫上王储 |
[03:01] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[03:03] | Don Carlos, the Crown Prince of Spain, has arrived. | 西班牙王储唐·卡洛斯到了 |
[03:05] | He’s asked for your permission to come to court. | 他想请你允许他进入宫廷 |
[03:08] | Another suitor? | 又来一个追求者吗 |
[03:10] | Not just “another.” | 他可不简单 |
[03:11] | He is heir to the most powerful country in the world. | 他是当今权势最盛之国的继承人 |
[03:13] | Why must the fate of nations be decided in a shared bed? | 为什么同床共枕才能决定一个国家的命运 |
[03:17] | I won’t have this argument again. | 我不想再和你争论这个话题了 |
[03:19] | The reason you deny your suitors true consideration | 你之所以不真心考虑这些追求者 |
[03:21] | is all too clear: | 原因很明显 |
[03:23] | Robert Dudley. | 罗伯特·达德利 |
[03:24] | You needn’t worry about Dudley. | 你不必担心达德利 |
[03:26] | I haven’t seen him in weeks. | 我好几周都没见他了 |
[03:27] | We have our own reasons for staying apart. | 我们分开另有原因 |
[03:30] | Then invite Don Carlos to court. | 那就邀请唐·卡洛斯进入宫廷吧 |
[03:32] | If you don’t, Mary will. | 如果你不请 玛丽会捷足先登 |
[03:35] | King Francis is dying. | 弗朗西斯国王命不久矣 |
[03:37] | She’ll need a new marriage and a new alliance. | 她需要一桩新的联姻 新的盟友 |
[03:43] | Bring the Spaniard before me | 带西班牙人来见我吧 |
[03:46] | and we will see. | 我们走着瞧 |
[03:51] | The bags from my chambers should go to Lord Narcisse’s carriage. | 我房里的行李要放到纳西斯大人的马车里 |
[03:54] | We’re leaving on our honeymoon today. | 我们今天出发去度蜜月 |
[03:58] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[03:59] | You startled me. | 你吓到我了 |
[04:00] | Why would my presence startle you? | 我怎么会吓到你 |
[04:02] | Oh, because you married my lover. | 我知道了 因为你嫁给了我的爱人 |
[04:05] | I know you’re unhappy about… | 我知道你不高兴… |
[04:06] | Unhappy? | 不高兴 |
[04:08] | Curious. | 只是好奇 |
[04:10] | Curious to know if you were pursued by Narcisse? | 很好奇是纳西斯追的你呢 |
[04:14] | Or you were the pursuer? | 还是你追的他 |
[04:15] | I swear, I had no intention of taking him from you. | 我发誓 我并不想从你手里抢走他 |
[04:19] | For the sake of your grandson, | 看在你孙子的份上 |
[04:20] | please stop the threats, the rat. | 求你别再威胁我了 别再扔老鼠了 |
[04:24] | Rat? What do you mean? | 老鼠 你说什么 |
[04:25] | The dead rat you left in my bath. | 你在我浴盆里放的死老鼠 |
[04:28] | Dear Lola, many rats skitter about this castle, | 亲爱的萝拉 这城堡里老鼠乱窜 |
[04:31] | and some may find their end in tubs. | 有可能会误入浴盆 |
[04:33] | But not at my command. | 但那可不是我命令的 |
[04:35] | But the message in its mouth? | 可它嘴里还叼着纸条呢 |
[04:36] | Your rat spoke to you? | 你的老鼠和你说话啦 |
[04:38] | A talking rat? | 会说话的老鼠 |
[04:40] | Now I am interested. | 这下我有点兴趣了 |
[04:42] | Lola! There you are. | 萝拉 你在这里啊 |
[04:46] | It’s time for us to be on our way. | 我们该走了 |
[04:48] | You will excuse us, won’t you? | 原谅我们要告辞了 |
[04:55] | Catherine is fearless about taking credit | 凯瑟琳从不怕承认 |
[04:57] | for the pain she inflicts. | 自己所干的坏事 |
[04:59] | Why deny it? | 她为什么要否认 |
[05:00] | Well, she’s got to be a bit careful, | 她现在要小心行事 |
[05:03] | now that she’s seeking regency votes from the Privy Council. | 正在从枢密院手里争取摄政助力呢 |
[05:06] | You needn’t worry. | 你不必担心 |
[05:08] | I’m not saying she’s changed, | 我不是说她变了 |
[05:10] | but she won’t have time to menace us. | 但她现在没空对付我们 |
[05:13] | She’s got quite a battle ahead. | 有一场硬仗等着她呢 |
[05:14] | And when she does become regent? | 那她成为摄政王以后呢 |
[05:17] | No more talk of Catherine. | 别再说凯瑟琳了 |
[05:20] | All I want to talk about now is you and me, with days alone, | 我现在只想聊聊你和我 远离此处 |
[05:25] | far from here. | 独处一段时间 |
[05:29] | The further the better. | 越远越好 |
[05:40] | Don Carlos, Prince of Spain. | 唐·卡洛斯 西班牙王子 |
[05:43] | Your Highness. | 陛下 |
[05:45] | You are a vision. | 你真美 |
[05:46] | And you a charmer, I see. | 你也很有魅力 |
[05:48] | Well, I’ve heard you’ve dismissed suitors | 我听说在追求者们开口之前 |
[05:49] | before they’ve even spoken, | 你就会把他们赶跑 |
[05:50] | but now I know the stories were missing a vital piece. | 但我现在知道这传闻少了一个重要的点 |
[05:53] | And what is that? | 是什么 |
[05:54] | That the men had been rendered speechless by your beauty. | 那些人都无法说出你的美 |
[05:57] | Did they stand before you, slack-jawed, | 他们是不是都被您的美貌惊得目瞪口呆 |
[05:58] | nothing but a trap for flies? | 只知道喋喋不休的说些废话 |
[06:00] | Amusing. | 有意思 |
[06:01] | Most men don’t speak to me in such a familiar tone. | 大多数男人不敢跟我说如此亲昵的话 |
[06:03] | Well, that’s the goal, is it not? | 我不就是为此而来的吗 |
[06:05] | To familiarize ourselves with one another? | 让我们俩变得亲昵起来 |
[06:07] | Tell me this, Elizabeth, great Protestant queen, | 请告诉我 伟大的新教女王伊丽莎白 |
[06:09] | would you ever consider marriage to a Catholic prince? | 你会考虑嫁给一个天主教王子吗 |
[06:12] | Aren’t you to the point? | 你可真是直接啊 |
[06:14] | Catholic, Protestant. | 天主教 新教 |
[06:15] | In truth, I see no difference. | 说实话 我认为二者无甚差别 |
[06:17] | There is one Christian God, | 基督教只有一个神 |
[06:19] | the rest are just bickering clerics, | 余下的不过是一些喋喋不休的牧师 |
[06:20] | jockeying for advantage. | 欺瞒世人为自己牟利罢了 |
[06:22] | The only advantage I care about is England. | 而我在乎的只有英格兰 |
[06:25] | What can Spain offer my country? | 西班牙能给我的国家带来什么呢 |
[06:28] | Is all of the silver and gold | 新大陆上所有的 |
[06:29] | of the New World advantage enough? | 金银够吗 |
[06:31] | I should think so. | 我觉得不错 |
[06:32] | But it makes me wonder, what advantage do you see in me? | 但我很好奇 你希望我给你什么好处呢 |
[06:37] | In truth? | 说实话吗 |
[06:38] | You are a queen, | 你是女王 |
[06:40] | and as your husband, I would become king. | 成为你的丈夫 我就会成为国王 |
[06:44] | I’d like a crown. | 我希望能登上王位 |
[06:45] | I’m tired of waiting for my father’s. | 我受够了等待我父亲退位 |
[06:48] | So any queen would meet your needs? | 这样的话 随便哪个女王都能满足你的需求 |
[06:51] | I hear the queen of Scotland is in need of a husband soon. | 听说苏格兰女王马上也需要再嫁了 |
[06:55] | Many queens might meet my needs, | 或许很多女王能满足我的需求 |
[06:57] | but only you meet my desires. | 但只有你能满足我的渴望 |
[07:04] | Shall we begin negotiations? | 我们可以开始谈判了吗 |
[07:06] | I’ll consider it. | 我会考虑的 |
[07:08] | Would you care to extend your stay at court in the meantime? | 你原意在宫廷里多待几天吗 |
[07:12] | I’d enjoy that immensely. | 乐意之至 |
[07:15] | Our army has already suffered | 我们的军队已经因为 |
[07:16] | many losses on the ground for Marie de Guise. | 支援玛莉·德吉斯而遭受重创 |
[07:19] | Now she asks for warships? | 现在她竟然还让我们派出战舰 |
[07:20] | To secure a supply route. | 这是为了保障补给路线的安全 |
[07:22] | My mother is confident that she can drive out the English | 只要军队武装得当 |
[07:24] | if her men are properly equipped. | 我母亲自信能将英格兰驱逐出境 |
[07:26] | But it must be soon. | 但是必须赶紧行动 |
[07:27] | Marie de Guise is unwell. | 玛莉·德吉斯身体欠佳 |
[07:29] | If her health falters before the English are expelled, | 如果她无法支撑到将英格兰驱逐出境 |
[07:31] | Scotland could be left without a regent. | 苏格兰就会失去摄政王 |
[07:33] | Mary’s throne could fall into the hands of Protestants– | 玛丽的王权就会落入新教徒之手 |
[07:35] | pawns of Elizabeth and enemies of France. | 而他们正是伊丽莎白的爪牙 法国的敌人 |
[07:37] | Charles, I asked for you hours ago. | 查尔斯 几小时之前我就让你过来了 |
[07:39] | I thought we were meeting in your chambers. | 我以为我们是在你的寝宫见面 |
[07:41] | Naval involvement is a steep escalation. | 加入海军会让战局急剧升级 |
[07:45] | Many could die battling the English at sea. | 很多人会因为和英格兰的海战丧命 |
[07:47] | But hasn’t our navy just built two galleon warships? | 我们的海军不是刚造了两艘大型战舰吗 |
[07:51] | They’d easily overpower the English vessels. | 他们能轻易碾碎英格兰的船只 |
[07:54] | The dauphin is correct. | 王储说的很对 |
[07:55] | Prepare the galleons to set sail immediately. | 让大型战舰立刻准备起航 |
[07:57] | Your Majesty, with your condition… | 陛下 您现在的状况 |
[07:59] | I will not have the world think that we are weak. | 我不会让全世界都认为我们很弱 |
[08:01] | You have your orders. | 听到我的命令了吗 |
[08:09] | You mustn’t strain yourself. | 你不可太过劳累 |
[08:10] | Mary, I am strong. | 玛丽 我很坚强 |
[08:12] | France is strong. | 法国也很强大 |
[08:13] | I won’t waste this opportunity to protect you. | 我不会错失这个保护你的机会 |
[08:26] | Greer. | 葛瑞尔 |
[08:27] | Bash, welcome. | 巴斯 欢迎你 |
[08:29] | I hear congratulations are in order. | 我听有很多人在恭喜你 |
[08:31] | – This place is yours now? – It is! | -你现在是老板吗 -是啊 |
[08:33] | Pints and girls. | 这里有得是酒和姑娘 |
[08:34] | My lease on the townhouse was up, | 我之前的豪宅租赁到期了 |
[08:36] | and this was for sale, so… | 这间正好在出售 所以… |
[08:38] | Can I get you an ale on the house? | 我请你喝杯麦芽酒吧 |
[08:39] | Actually, I came to talk to you about the recent murders. | 事实上 我是来和你谈最近的谋杀案的 |
[08:42] | The killer preys on the vulnerable. | 杀手在肆意残害弱小 |
[08:43] | And I need to caution you and your girls | 你得格外小心注意 |
[08:45] | to be extremely careful. | 别让自己和姑娘们出事 |
[08:46] | Of course. I share your concerns. | 当然了 我会注意的 |
[08:49] | But, on another matter, and since you’re here, | 但是 既然你来了 |
[08:51] | there’s someone you should speak to. | 有个人你该见见 |
[08:55] | He’s been drinking with Lord Roux for hours. | 他和鲁大人喝了好久的酒了 |
[08:57] | Trust me, he’s not the type you want around a future king. | 相信我 你不会想让他这种人常伴王储身边 |
[09:00] | Bash! | 巴斯 |
[09:01] | Pull up a chair! | 过来坐 |
[09:03] | – Bash! – Thank you. | -巴斯 -谢了 |
[09:05] | We are getting out of here now. | 我们必须马上就走 |
[09:06] | This is no place for you. | 你不该来这种地方 |
[09:10] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[09:13] | That looks like a burn, a bad one. | 这像是烧伤啊 还很严重 |
[09:15] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[09:16] | Not to me. | 不是我 |
[09:17] | To Delphine. | 是戴尔芬出事了 |
[09:18] | This woman you’re looking for? | 就是你在找的那个女人嘛 |
[09:20] | For some reason now, I can feel her pain. | 不知怎么的 我现在能感知她的痛苦 |
[09:22] | And you think someone’s burning her? | 你觉得有人在烧她 |
[09:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:25] | Her healing powers– they scare people. | 她的治愈能力 使人恐慌 |
[09:28] | And scared people can do terrible things. | 特别是做了坏事的人 |
[09:31] | I need to find her before it’s too late. | 我得在事情恶化前找到她 |
[09:35] | You’re not seriously considering this, are you? | 你不是真的在考虑这事吧 |
[09:37] | Marriage to a Catholic prince? | 嫁给一个天主教王子 |
[09:39] | A Spaniard? | 一个西班牙人 |
[09:39] | Well, I have to marry someone. | 我总得嫁人的啊 |
[09:41] | We can be together. | 我们可以在一起 |
[09:42] | You have a wife, Robert. | 你有妻子了 罗伯特 |
[09:44] | We can never be together. | 我们永远也无法在一起 |
[09:46] | We have been together, on and off, for years. | 我们曾在一起过 断断续续的 好几年呢 |
[09:52] | I make you happy, | 我让你开心 |
[09:54] | and I can’t be apart from you. | 我不能离开你 |
[09:56] | Have you forgotten how close we came | 你是不是忘记了 |
[09:57] | to speaking of your wife’s death? | 我们差点就商量要害死你妻子 |
[09:59] | Thoughts are not deeds, Elizabeth. | 我们只是想想 伊丽莎白 |
[10:05] | Don’t marry Don Carlos. | 别嫁给唐·卡洛斯 |
[10:08] | The nobles will never accept a woman ruling alone. | 那些贵族绝不会接受一个独掌大权的女人 |
[10:11] | Then get the people, your people, behind you. | 那就让人民 你的子民支持你 |
[10:16] | Show them the Elizabeth that I love. | 让他们见识一下我爱的那个伊丽莎白 |
[10:21] | Take your barge up the Thames, | 坐船游览泰晤士河 |
[10:22] | walk around the streets of London. | 在伦敦街头走动 |
[10:23] | Show them your beauty and your mind and your fierce heart, | 让他们见识到你的美貌 智慧 刚烈 |
[10:28] | and they will love you. | 他们就会爱戴你 |
[10:29] | And once they do, | 只要他们爱戴你 |
[10:31] | they won’t want some king’s hands around you. | 他们就不希望有任何国王来染指你 |
[10:33] | They’ll want you all for themselves, | 他们就会希望独占你 |
[10:37] | just like I do. | 就像我一样 |
[10:39] | That’s such a lovely idea. | 真好啊 |
[10:42] | But even if I could sway the nobles to accept me, | 就算我能说动那些贵族接受我 |
[10:45] | your wife never will. | 你的妻子也永远不会接受我 |
[10:48] | Amy knows about us. | 艾米知道我们的事 |
[10:51] | She knows the rumors. | 她只知道那些传闻 |
[10:53] | If she knows the truth, she never speaks of it. | 就算她知道真相 她也绝不会说出去 |
[10:55] | She tried to get you away from me. | 她曾试图让你远离我 |
[10:57] | She was behind your nomination for the French ambassadorship. | 就是她煽动提名你去出使法国的 |
[11:00] | But how could she be? | 她是怎么做到的 |
[11:02] | It was Lord Lionel who nominated you, so I had him followed. | 是里奥奈尔伯爵提名你 所以我派人跟踪他 |
[11:05] | Amy had been secretly meeting with him for weeks. | 艾米和他私下会面了好几周 |
[11:08] | She’s dangerous. | 她是个危险的女人 |
[11:10] | If she could ever prove our affair, | 如果她证实了我们的私情 |
[11:12] | I would be branded a whore. | 我就成了荡妇 |
[11:14] | No chance of marriage. | 不可能有人娶我了 |
[11:15] | Any child I had would be dismissed as a bastard. | 我的孩子都会成为私生子 |
[11:18] | Without the ability to produce a legitimate heir, I… | 如果我无法生出合法继承人 |
[11:20] | You’d be removed from the throne. | 你就会失去王位 |
[11:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:25] | I will never let that happen. | 我绝不会让那种事发生 |
[11:31] | I love you, Robert, | 我爱你 罗伯特 |
[11:33] | but this thing between us, it must end. | 但我们之间的感情必须了结 |
[11:39] | You are my queen, | 你是我的女王 |
[11:41] | but in this, I will not obey you. | 但这件事 我不会服从 |
[11:49] | I will never give up… on us. | 我绝不会放弃我们的感情 |
[11:57] | Stephan? | 斯特凡 |
[12:04] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[12:05] | I went to arrange our meals. | 我去安排早饭了 |
[12:07] | I want everything to be perfect. | 我希望一切都是完美的 |
[12:09] | Uh, the kitchen’s in this very building. | 厨房就在这栋房子里 |
[12:11] | Why are your boots muddy? | 你的靴子上怎么全是泥 |
[12:12] | I also arranged a tour of the vineyards. | 我还安排了参观葡萄园的行程 |
[12:16] | At the crack of dawn? | 大清早的吗 |
[12:17] | Well, that way we get to spend | 这样的话我们就可以 |
[12:18] | every available waking moment together. | 在醒着的时候一直在一起 |
[12:22] | And you do seem very awake right now. | 你现在好像已经醒了 |
[12:27] | Stephan. | 斯特凡 |
[12:29] | Is there something you’re not telling me? | 你是不是有事瞒着我 |
[12:31] | I’m your husband, Lola. | 我是你的丈夫 萝拉 |
[12:33] | Have a little faith. | 对我有点信心 |
[12:37] | Amy, I’ve come to inform you that | 艾米 我是来通知你 |
[12:39] | I have made arrangements for your return home. | 我已经安排好让你回家了 |
[12:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:42] | I’m very happy here. | 我在这里很开心 |
[12:44] | I know about your meetings with Lord Lionel. | 我知道你与奥奈尔伯爵见面的事了 |
[12:45] | I know that you were behind his nomination | 我知道他提名我为法国大使 |
[12:47] | of me for the French ambassadorship. | 是你在背后搞鬼 |
[12:49] | Lord Lionel came to me suggesting the idea. | 那是奥奈尔伯爵向我提议的 |
[12:52] | I simply agreed you’d make an excellent envoy. | 我只是赞同了你会是个优秀的外交官 |
[12:54] | I know you meant well. | 我知道你出于好意 |
[12:55] | But your meddling has had unintended consequences. | 但你的干涉已经违背了你的初衷 |
[12:57] | It has damaged my reputation | 它毁了我的名声 |
[12:59] | and this is clearly not the place for you. | 而你已经不适合待在这里了 |
[13:00] | You must leave. | 你必须离开 |
[13:01] | While you stay here? | 而你却留在这里 |
[13:02] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:04] | As you wish. | 那好 |
[13:19] | That’s enough for today. | 今天练够了 |
[13:22] | Pick up your sword, Charles. | 把剑捡起来 查尔斯 |
[13:24] | You’re not done yet. | 你还没练完 |
[13:26] | Why do I have to take these lessons? | 我为什么要上这种课 |
[13:27] | Kings don’t fight. | 国王又不用打仗 |
[13:28] | Well, God willing, you’ll never have | 要是上帝仁慈 你就不会 |
[13:29] | to draw a blade in battle, but I did. | 在战场上执剑厮杀 但我战斗过 |
[13:31] | And our father did. | 我们的父亲也战斗过 |
[13:33] | And a king must master skills | 一个国王必须掌握这些技能 |
[13:34] | in order to gain the respect of his subjects. | 才能赢得众人对皇室的尊重 |
[13:43] | Being King’s a performance. | 做国王就是一场表演 |
[13:45] | You need more practice. | 你需要更多的练习 |
[13:46] | Francis does seem much better. | 弗朗西斯看起来好多了 |
[13:48] | Better than he’s been in months. | 气色比前几个月好得多 |
[13:50] | I brought in a physician from Austria. | 我从奥地利带回来一个医生 |
[13:52] | He’s trying a new approach that seems to be working. | 新疗法看来很有效 |
[13:57] | Tell me something, Francis. | 弗朗西斯 你告诉我 |
[13:58] | Why take me out of the dungeon | 如果不是为了寻求我的建议 |
[13:59] | if you don’t plan on seeking my counsel? | 你为什么要把我放出地牢 |
[14:01] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[14:03] | The warships that you sent to Scotland | 你派去苏格兰的战船 |
[14:05] | have been sunk by the English. | 被英格兰人击沉了 |
[14:06] | Hundreds are dead. | 死了上百人 |
[14:08] | I could have told you it was a mistake to send those ships. | 我本可以告诫你派船过去是个错误 |
[14:10] | The English Navy has designed a new ship. | 英国海军设计了一种新船 |
[14:13] | They’re called frigates. | 称为快速舰船 |
[14:14] | Smaller, faster, more agile. | 更小 更快 更灵活 |
[14:16] | Easily capable of outflanking our own. | 能轻而易举地包围我们的战船 |
[14:18] | Information you gained plotting against us at English court? | 这是你在英国皇室密谋时获得的情报吗 |
[14:21] | Would you really have cared where the intelligence came from | 只要能挽救你那宝贵的供给线 |
[14:24] | if it had saved your precious supply route? | 你真的在乎这情报从何而来吗 |
[14:27] | I didn’t think so. | 我看不见得 |
[14:28] | I won’t be so reckless as regent. | 作为摄政王我不会鲁莽 |
[14:31] | If you don’t spend more time | 如果你不多花点时间 |
[14:32] | lining up your privy council votes, | 去拉内阁的选票 |
[14:33] | you won’t be regent at all. | 你也当不上摄政王 |
[14:34] | I’m well aware. | 我很清楚这点 |
[14:36] | In fact, an influential member of the council | 其实是内阁的一位地位显赫的成员 |
[14:38] | and dear friend, Lord Clavell, | 也是我的朋友 克拉维尔大人 |
[14:40] | is coming to meet with me. | 主动来找的我 |
[14:41] | And when the privy council votes, | 所以等到枢密院内阁投票时 |
[14:43] | I will have a comfortable majority. | 我会很轻松地得到多数赞成 |
[14:45] | You’d better. | 但愿吧 |
[14:46] | I took you out of the dungeon for one reason– | 我放你出地牢只有一个原因 |
[14:48] | to secure my brother’s rule. | 就是维护我弟弟的统治 |
[14:50] | And if you can’t do that, I’ll put you back in the dungeon | 如果你做不到 我就把你关回去 |
[14:52] | and find a regent who can. | 再找个能做到的摄政王 |
[14:54] | Now leave us. | 你走吧 |
[15:03] | We shouldn’t have sent those ships. | 我们不该派去那些船 |
[15:05] | Men died. | 死了很多人 |
[15:06] | It was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[15:07] | Kings make mistakes. | 国王都会犯错 |
[15:09] | You’ll make mistakes. | 你将来也会犯错 |
[15:11] | But this wasn’t one. | 但这次不是错误 |
[15:12] | This was a show of courage and strength. | 这是勇气和力量的展现 |
[15:15] | The mistake I made was only sending two ships. | 只派去了两艘船才是我犯的错误 |
[15:17] | – You’re going to send more? – No. | -你还要再派 -不 |
[15:20] | There is another way. | 还有一个办法 |
[15:25] | Your Grace, I came as soon as I… | 陛下 我尽快赶过来了… |
[15:27] | You sunk our ships. | 你们击沉了我们的船 |
[15:29] | And still more Englishmen pour over the border | 而且英格兰人还在源源不断地越过边境 |
[15:31] | to spill Scottish blood. | 杀害苏格兰人 |
[15:33] | Avenging the English dead, killed by your mother’s forces. | 他们是为被你母亲的军队所杀害的英格兰人报仇 |
[15:36] | She is under attack. | 她是在正当防卫 |
[15:40] | I have asked you here to propose a trade. | 我叫你来是为了做个交易 |
[15:42] | We have captured two of your generals– | 我们俘虏了你们的两个将军 |
[15:44] | Hawkins and Gilbert. | 霍金斯和吉尔伯特 |
[15:46] | We will return them in exchange for an armistice | 我们愿意用他们交换 |
[15:48] | along the Glen Albyn Pass. | 格伦奥宾峡谷的停战 |
[15:50] | Allowing your mother to resupply her armies? | 好让你母亲恢复军队的供给吗 |
[15:52] | Elizabeth won’t cede the upper hand | 伊丽莎白不会将有利地位 |
[15:53] | to Marie de Guise. | 拱手让给玛丽·德吉斯 |
[15:55] | I am offering you a peaceful solution. | 我在向你提议和平的解决办法 |
[15:57] | Why aren’t you interested? | 你怎么一点不感兴趣 |
[15:59] | Because those are not my orders. | 因为那不是我接到的命令 |
[16:01] | – And what are your orders? – To wait. | -你的命令是什么 -等待 |
[16:03] | Wait for your mother’s forces to starve, | 等你母亲的军队饿死 |
[16:06] | for the French to tire of dying on Scottish soil, for… | 等法国不愿再为苏格兰牺牲 等… |
[16:09] | Francis to die. | 弗朗西斯去世 |
[16:12] | Leaving no one to protect you. | 让你彻底孤立无援 |
[16:18] | I hope your wings are strong, you vulture. | 希望你的翅膀够健壮 你这秃鹫 |
[16:22] | You will be circling for quite some time. | 你们会盘旋等待上好一阵子了 |
[16:32] | Get him out! | 把他赶出去 |
[16:39] | Meeting over now, is it? | 会面不是结束了吗 |
[16:47] | Barely out of that tower a week, | 你从塔里出来还不到一周 |
[16:48] | and you’re already trying to marry me off. | 就已经筹划把我嫁出去了 |
[16:50] | I most certainly am not, | 当然没有 |
[16:51] | unless you take a liking to the young man. | 除非你能喜欢上那个年轻人 |
[16:53] | Lord Clavell’s son? | 克拉维尔伯爵的儿子吗 |
[16:54] | Lord Clavell is an important member of the Privy Council, | 克拉维尔伯爵是枢密院的重要成员 |
[16:56] | and we need to make a good impression. | 我们要给他留个好印象 |
[16:58] | You mean, you need to make a good impression. | 是你要留个好印象吧 |
[17:00] | So that he’ll support you as regent. | 这样他就会支持你成为摄政王 |
[17:02] | Yes, so that I can support your spending habits | 没错 在我摄政的时候 |
[17:03] | once I’m running things. | 你才能继续大手大脚地花钱 |
[17:05] | Fine. What do you need? | 好吧 你要我做什么 |
[17:07] | I’ve been touring the old goat around all day, | 我已经带着那个老家伙逛了一整天 |
[17:10] | answering his every demand, and nothing– | 回应他所有的需求 但没有 |
[17:12] | absolutely nothing– has been good enough. | 完全没有什么达到他的要求 |
[17:14] | This dinner is my last chance to secure his vote. | 晚餐是我争取他投票的最后机会 |
[17:17] | I simply need your help to liven things up a bit. | 我需要你帮忙增色 |
[17:21] | Get ready to charm, darling. | 做好迷死人的准备吧 亲爱的 |
[17:33] | Lord Clavell, I’m so glad that you came to visit us | 克拉维尔伯爵 你能从美丽的卢瓦尔河谷 |
[17:36] | from your chateau in the beautiful Loire Valley. | 你的城堡过来看望我们 我很高兴 |
[17:39] | Have you enjoyed your time at court? | 在宫廷里过得愉快吗 |
[17:41] | Bed in my chamber is lumpy. | 我房里的床不舒服 |
[17:43] | I’m so sorry to hear it. | 真抱歉 |
[17:45] | The trip to the royal aviary, was that more to your liking? | 那皇家飞禽饲养场如何 你喜欢吗 |
[17:48] | Floor was littered with bird droppings. | 地上全是鸟屎 |
[17:51] | Most unfortunate. | 真令人遗憾 |
[17:56] | You’re so funny. | 你真有趣 |
[17:58] | Forgive my bluntness, | 原谅我的直率 |
[18:00] | but I have provided you with all your demands. | 但我对你有求必应 |
[18:04] | You asked for nicer chambers, I gave you the archbishop’s suite. | 你要好一点的房间 我把大主教的套间给你了 |
[18:07] | You requested a five-course meal, and I present you seven. | 你想要五道菜大餐 我上了七道 |
[18:11] | How, sir, can I make you happy? | 我还能怎样讨你欢心呢 |
[18:12] | How can I convince you to back me for regency? | 要怎样你才能支持我摄政 |
[18:16] | You can’t. | 你办不到 |
[18:17] | In truth, I only came here to see how far you would stoop. | 其实我只是来看看你能卑躬屈膝要何种地步 |
[18:20] | It seems you would go so far as to dangle your daughter | 没想到你竟然能做到如此地步 |
[18:23] | like a common whore. | 让女儿像娼妓一样陪客 |
[18:26] | What wrong have I done you? | 我哪里得罪你了 |
[18:27] | You don’t remember, do you? | 你不记得了对吧 |
[18:30] | Visiting my home? | 你来过我家 |
[18:31] | Years ago with the King. | 几年前 和国王一起 |
[18:32] | My family came out to greet you. | 我的家族出来迎接你们 |
[18:34] | We presented you with a gift. | 我们送了你们一件礼物 |
[18:37] | But you deemed it unworthy of a Queen, so… | 但你觉得那礼物配不上王后 所以… |
[18:40] | Your sweet daughter offered me her dress after I admired it. | 我赞美一句 你亲爱的女儿就把裙子献给了我 |
[18:43] | She raced inside to remove the gown, | 她飞奔进去换衣 |
[18:46] | but you were too impatient. | 但你没有耐心 |
[18:48] | By the time she returned, | 当她出来的时候 |
[18:49] | you were rolling away in your carriage, | 你已经上马车要走了 |
[18:51] | crushing her foot in the process. | 还不忘碾伤她的脚 |
[18:54] | Well, that is horrible. | 太糟糕了 |
[18:56] | I had no idea. | 我完全不知道 |
[18:57] | You did. | 你知道 |
[18:58] | You chided her for her clumsiness. | 你还责备是因为她笨 |
[19:01] | You were in a rush. | 而你赶时间 |
[19:02] | Her deformity caused her great pain | 她脚上的残疾让她痛苦不堪 |
[19:05] | and ruined her chances of marriage. | 还让她无法结婚 |
[19:07] | I apologize sincerely. | 我真诚地道歉 |
[19:10] | And I will meet with your daughter | 我会去见你的女儿 |
[19:12] | and I will help her find a husband any way that I can. | 并尽我所能帮她找到丈夫 |
[19:15] | Where is she now? | 她现在在哪 |
[19:16] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[19:17] | Of course she is. | 毫无疑问 |
[19:18] | Killed herself a year later, | 在又一个人拒绝她之后一年 |
[19:20] | after yet another suitor rejected her. | 她就自杀了 |
[19:23] | Shall we, Claude? | 我们走了 克劳德 |
[19:24] | You do not have my vote. | 我不会给你投票的 |
[19:26] | And you will never become regent. Never. | 你永远也成不了摄政王 |
[19:38] | Sir Nicholas. | 尼古拉斯阁下 |
[19:48] | You’re certain Nicholas intercepted | 你确定尼古拉斯截获了 |
[19:49] | the letter I sent my mother. | 我给母亲的信吗 |
[19:51] | I saw the messenger hand it over to Nicholas. | 我看到信使把信给了尼古拉斯 |
[19:53] | He copied the letter and handed it back, | 他誊写了一份又还了回去 |
[19:54] | just as you said he would. | 和你们说的一样 |
[19:55] | I’m sure he’s already decoded it | 他肯定已经破解了信件 |
[19:57] | and sent it off to his queen. | 把消息传给他的女王了 |
[19:59] | How did Nicholas know about the cipher in the first place? | 尼古拉斯是怎么知道暗语的 |
[20:01] | He’s been bribing one of my servants. | 他贿赂了我的一个仆人 |
[20:03] | Once I found that out, | 我发现之后 |
[20:04] | I simply allowed the servant to observe me using it. | 就故意让那个仆人看到我是怎么用暗语的 |
[20:06] | Hopefully, Elizabeth will send her troops | 希望伊丽莎白会向错误的地方 |
[20:08] | in the wrong direction, | 派遣军队 |
[20:08] | and your mother can reopen her supply route. | 你母亲可以重开供给线 |
[20:10] | Do you think it will work? | 会有用吗 |
[20:12] | It has to. | 必须有用 |
[20:15] | We sent our troops north days ago. | 几天前我们向北方派遣了军队 |
[20:17] | We lost their supply route. | 丢失了他们的供给线 |
[20:18] | What do you mean “We lost their supply route”? | 怎么会丢了供给线 |
[20:21] | The intelligence we received from Nicholas | 尼古拉斯传递给我们的信息 |
[20:22] | appears to have been misinformation | 是错误的 |
[20:24] | planted by the French. | 是法国人的圈套 |
[20:26] | There was no French fleet sent to engage us. | 没有法国舰队来应战 |
[20:29] | It was all a ruse. | 都是他们的诡计 |
[20:30] | Once we diverted our forces, Marie de Guise | 我们一转移军队 玛莉·德吉斯 |
[20:32] | was able to reclaim the Glen Albyn Pass. | 就重新占领了格伦奥宾峡谷 |
[20:34] | Resulting skirmishes left many of our men dead. | 小规模战役使我们死了很多人 |
[20:37] | And Mary made a fool of me | 玛丽耍了我 |
[20:39] | again. | 又一次 |
[20:45] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛 |
[20:46] | I’m sorry, Your Highness. It was just a speck of down | 抱歉 陛下 您脸上沾了 |
[20:47] | from your pillow. | 枕头上的绒毛 |
[20:49] | There is one way to turn | 有一个方法 |
[20:50] | the tide against Mary forever, Your Grace. | 可以永远扭转局势 陛下 |
[20:52] | Yes, yes, yes, I know– a marriage. | 是啊是啊 我知道 联姻 |
[20:54] | Not just any marriage. | 不仅仅是联姻 |
[20:56] | A marriage to the most powerful country in the world. | 必须是与现今最强大的国家联姻 |
[21:01] | Tell Don Carlos I’m ready to accept his proposal. | 告诉唐·卡洛斯我接受他的求婚 |
[21:16] | Your Highness. | 陛下 |
[21:17] | Congratulations on your victory in Scotland. | 恭喜你在苏格兰取得胜利 |
[21:19] | Well, I couldn’t have tricked Elizabeth without you, Nicholas. | 没有你我可骗不了伊丽莎白啊 尼古拉斯 |
[21:22] | Your spying played an instrumental role. | 你这间谍可起了不小的作用 |
[21:24] | Clearly I underestimated you. | 显然我低估你了 |
[21:26] | You certainly did. Stealing my cipher? | 当然了 偷我的暗语 |
[21:28] | Bribing a royal messenger? | 贿赂皇家信使 |
[21:30] | Tell me why I shouldn’t have you hanged? | 你说说看 我为什么还不绞死你呢 |
[21:32] | Because the truth is, you used me and you got what you wanted. | 因为你利用了我达到了目的 |
[21:35] | Whatever punishment you seek | 无论你要怎样惩罚我 |
[21:37] | might pale in comparison to what I face back in England, | 当我回英格兰去面见我们盛怒的女王时 |
[21:39] | when I am called before my very angry queen. | 她的惩罚都将是无可比拟的 |
[21:46] | I wish our wedding holiday would never end. | 我希望蜜月永远不要结束 |
[21:49] | We could stay here, | 我们可以留在这里 |
[21:50] | away from court and all its problems. | 远离宫廷和那里的麻烦 |
[21:52] | – Wouldn’t that be nice? – Yes. | -那多好啊 -没错 |
[21:54] | Yes, it would. | 当然好 |
[21:56] | I could send for John. | 我可以派人去带约翰来 |
[21:57] | I’m sure Mary would give me leave. | 玛丽肯定会同意的 |
[21:59] | We could go to your estate in the country. | 我们可以去你的封地 |
[22:01] | Lola, you know that’s not possible. | 萝拉 你知道那不可能 |
[22:03] | My life is at court. | 我的生活在宫廷里 |
[22:05] | Your life is at court. | 你的也是 |
[22:07] | But I like who you are away from court. | 但我喜欢离开宫廷的你 |
[22:09] | I suppose I worry about the temptations there. | 可能我是在担心宫廷里的诱惑吧 |
[22:13] | Your ambitions… | 你的野心… |
[22:14] | You thief! | 你这个贼 |
[22:15] | You stole my father’s land | 你在我父亲的眼皮子地下 |
[22:16] | right out from underneath him! | 偷走了他的土地 |
[22:17] | Madam, your father willingly | 夫人 你父亲 |
[22:19] | parted with that land. | 是自愿割让土地的 |
[22:20] | I have a signed contract to prove it. | 我有一份签订的合同可以证明 |
[22:22] | My father is illiterate, you snake. | 我父亲不识字 你这条毒蛇 |
[22:24] | A fact that you were well aware of | 这你一清二楚 |
[22:25] | when you held his hand and signed the deed yourself. | 是你抓着他的手签下了合同 |
[22:28] | I just want what we’re owed! | 我只想要回我们的东西 |
[22:31] | Lola, please, I… | 萝拉 我… |
[22:33] | Just tell me. | 告诉我 |
[22:34] | Is it true? | 这是真的吗 |
[22:53] | A cross. | 十字架 |
[22:56] | Prince Don Carlos, I’ve invited you here | 唐·卡洛斯王子 我邀请你来 |
[22:58] | to formally begin marriage negotiations. | 是要正式开始协商我们的联姻 |
[23:01] | And I’m honored, but I was hoping to discuss | 我很荣幸 但我希望我们能 |
[23:04] | a small matter with you first. | 先讨论一个小问题 |
[23:06] | Can you tell me why you haven’t married? | 你能告诉我 你为什么不结婚吗 |
[23:08] | You’ve had many suitors, many viable opportunities. | 你有那么多追求者 那么多选择 |
[23:11] | Why have you waited so long? | 你为什么会等这么久 |
[23:13] | “So long”? | 这么久 |
[23:18] | As a woman in a patriarchal society, | 最为一个生活在男权社会里的女人 |
[23:20] | I must proceed with caution | 挑选结婚对象时 |
[23:22] | when it comes to the man I choose to marry. | 我必须要小心谨慎 |
[23:25] | The man who will rule beside me. | 挑选和我一起统治国家的男人 |
[23:27] | And are you part of this “patriarchal society”? | 你是男权社会的一部分吗 |
[23:33] | Part of…? | 一部分 |
[23:34] | Let me be clear. | 我解释一下 |
[23:35] | The rumor at your own court is | 你的宫廷里有谣言称 |
[23:37] | that you are secretly, privately a man. | 你在私下幽会男人 |
[23:40] | That’s absurd! | 真荒唐 |
[23:42] | It is strange. | 很奇怪 |
[23:43] | But you’ve been of marriageable age for a decade. | 你十年前就到了适婚年龄 |
[23:45] | There is talk that a girl was born and died. | 听说有个女孩出生但早夭了 |
[23:48] | Retribution feared. | 害怕报应 |
[23:49] | A child quickly needed for your father’s brief visit. | 你父亲很快就要见孩子 |
[23:51] | No girl at hand, boy with your coloring presented instead. | 没有女孩 就找了一个和你长得一样的男孩 |
[23:55] | The deed done. | 大功告成 |
[23:57] | And I not only a man but an imposter? | 你是说 我不仅是男人还是一个冒牌货吗 |
[24:00] | You can easily refute the male element. | 你是不是男的这很好证明 |
[24:02] | The rest will fall away. | 然后这谣言就不攻自破了 |
[24:03] | Prove you’re not a man. | 证明你不是个男人 |
[24:05] | Show me your womanhood. | 让我看看你的傲人身材吧 |
[24:07] | My request is not sexual but factual. | 我可不是出于色心 而是想要一个真相 |
[24:09] | How dare you ask such a thing? | 你怎敢提出这样的要求 |
[24:12] | If I were your husband, | 如果要我当你丈夫 |
[24:13] | you would grant me such requests and more. | 你就得答应我这个请求以及其他要求 |
[24:15] | As is custom. | 这是惯例 |
[24:17] | I’m afraid I must insist. | 恐怕我得坚持这惯例 |
[24:20] | Lift up your skirt, Elizabeth. | 掀起你的裙子 伊丽莎白 |
[24:27] | Elizabeth, what is it? | 伊丽莎白 怎么了 |
[24:29] | Wait. | 等等 |
[24:30] | Don Carlos shamed me. | 唐·卡洛斯羞辱了我 |
[24:32] | He insisted I prove my womanhood. | 他坚持要我证明我是个女人 |
[24:33] | Your womanhood? | 证明你是女人 |
[24:35] | There is a rumor at court. | 宫廷里有谣言 |
[24:36] | Clearly my maidservant heard the same. | 显然我的侍女也听说了 |
[24:38] | She stroked my cheek. | 她摸了我的脸 |
[24:39] | She was feeling for whiskers. | 她想看看我是不是有胡须 |
[24:42] | What if this is your wife’s doing? | 难道是你妻子干的 |
[24:49] | Hello, my dear. | 亲爱的 |
[24:51] | That’s much prettier. | 这样好看多了 |
[25:03] | Did you do it? | 是你干的吗 |
[25:05] | Did you start that rumor? | 是你传的谣言吗 |
[25:07] | What do you mean? What rumor? | 什么意思 什么谣言 |
[25:09] | That Elizabeth is a man. | 说伊丽莎白是个男人 |
[25:11] | That nonsense? | 那个胡说八道的话啊 |
[25:12] | Can’t believe you haven’t heard that before. | 你竟然现在才知道 |
[25:13] | It’s been circulating for ages. | 都传了好久了 |
[25:16] | Robert, you accuse of me of such terrible things. | 罗伯特 你在谴责我干了这么可怕的事 |
[25:18] | Why would I ever…? | 我为什么要… |
[25:18] | Because you know. | 原因你知道 |
[25:24] | Admit it, Amy. | 承认吧 艾米 |
[25:25] | I don’t know anything, truly I don’t. | 我什么也不知道 真的不知道 |
[25:28] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[25:29] | Don’t. | 别说 |
[25:30] | Please. | 求你了 |
[25:31] | I always have. | 我一直都很爱她 |
[25:33] | I always will. | 以后也一样 |
[25:35] | She will use you and toss you away. | 她会利用你再踢开你 |
[25:37] | She has other lovers. | 她有别的情人 |
[25:38] | – Don’t speak. – They come and go | -别说了 -他们在她的寝宫里来去 |
[25:39] | from her chambers. They’re on their knees for her | 他们跪在她面前 |
[25:41] | – as they’re on their knees… – I am warning you! | -他们跪下… -我警告你 |
[25:54] | While you are nothing to her, I love you and I always will. | 你对她来说什么也不是 而我会永远爱你 |
[25:58] | I’ll never leave you. | 也不会离开你 |
[26:00] | What have I become? | 我成了一个什么人啊 |
[26:06] | I wanted to be a good man | 我想当一个好人 |
[26:09] | and a good husband. | 一个好丈夫 |
[26:10] | You are that man… with me. | 和我在一起的时候 你就是这样的人 |
[26:14] | Leave her, please. | 求你了 离开她吧 |
[26:17] | You’ll be whole again. | 你会变回最真的自己 |
[26:18] | The good man I married. | 变回我嫁的那个好人 |
[26:20] | Stop this obsession that is destroying you. | 别再迷恋她了 这会毁了你 |
[26:24] | Please, Robert, let her go. | 求你了 罗伯特 离开她吧 |
[26:30] | I’ll stop. | 我会的 |
[26:34] | I swear it. | 我发誓 |
[26:45] | This is your idea of a honeymoon? | 这就是你对蜜月的计划吗 |
[26:46] | Looting the locals out of their lands? | 掠夺当地人的土地 |
[26:48] | It’s not what it looks like. | 事实不是你看到的那样 |
[26:50] | Then what is it? Just tell me. | 那事实是什么 告诉我啊 |
[26:53] | Yes, I tricked that man out of his lands. | 没错 我骗走了那人的土地 |
[26:56] | Because I could see no other way. | 因为我别无他法 |
[26:59] | I didn’t want to worry you, but Catherine is coming for us. | 我不想让你担心 但凯瑟琳会找我们麻烦 |
[27:03] | A woman like that does not forgive or forget. | 像她那样的女人不懂原谅也很记仇 |
[27:05] | These lands that I took– | 我掠夺的那些土地 |
[27:06] | they’re the only way I could | 是我能够保护我们的 |
[27:07] | see to protect our family. | 唯一方式 |
[27:09] | Protect us how? | 怎么保护 |
[27:10] | What does one have to do with the other? | 这两者有什么关系 |
[27:12] | That land, combined with the lands | 那块土地 和弗朗西斯赐给你儿子的 |
[27:14] | that Francis gifted your son, | 连在一起 |
[27:15] | they add up to one thing. | 这样就能保证一件事 |
[27:17] | John gets a seat on the Privy Council. | 就是让约翰在枢密院拥有一席之位 |
[27:19] | A seat that I will occupy in his stead. | 我会代替他先进入 |
[27:23] | Giving you a vote in Catherine’s fight for the regency. | 这样你就有权投票反对凯瑟琳摄政 |
[27:26] | It will protect us. | 这样就能保护我们 |
[27:27] | Catherine will need to keep on my good side. | 凯瑟琳不得不考虑我手上的票 |
[27:30] | Then why didn’t you just tell me that? | 你怎么不告诉我呢 |
[27:34] | Would you have agreed to it if I had? | 如果告诉你了 你会同意吗 |
[27:37] | Stealing land? | 偷取土地吗 |
[27:38] | No. | 不会 |
[27:42] | You’re going to pay that woman’s family | 你必须要给那家人 |
[27:43] | the money they deserve. | 相应的钱 |
[27:45] | If that will satisfy you. | 如果这能让你满意的话 我就付 |
[27:48] | I’m not sure it will. | 我不确定 |
[27:50] | Nor am I. | 我也是 |
[27:52] | But you need to trust | 但你要相信 |
[27:54] | that I will always do my best for us. | 我做的一切都是在为我们考虑 |
[28:02] | It’s a simple question, Cardinal. | 主教 这是个很简单的问题 |
[28:03] | What groups do you know of | 有什么人会在 |
[28:04] | that use burning brands on suspected witches? | 被怀疑是女巫的人身上烙印呢 |
[28:07] | The Catholic Church | 天主教会 |
[28:08] | doesn’t condone such barbaric practices. | 不会容忍这样的野蛮行径 |
[28:10] | No, you prefer to burn women alive. | 是啊 你们更喜欢把女人活生生烧死 |
[28:13] | Delphine is innocent. | 戴尔芬是无辜的 |
[28:14] | You tied her to a stake. | 你绑了她施以火刑 |
[28:15] | She’s innocent of murder, perhaps. | 她也许没有杀人 |
[28:18] | Not of witchcraft. | 但施了巫术 |
[28:19] | That’s a stain that can never be cleansed. | 这污点无法清除 |
[28:22] | Not even with crossed brands of iron. | 就算烙上十字也不行 |
[28:25] | I never mentioned a cross. | 我可没说是十字 |
[28:27] | Tell me the truth. | 和我说实话 |
[28:30] | The Sisters of, uh, St. Agatha | 圣阿加莎的修女们 |
[28:32] | have been rumored to perform exorcisms of the iron cross. | 听说喜欢用铁十字驱魔 |
[28:37] | A pointless effort. | 其实是没有意义的 |
[28:38] | No matter the good intention. | 出发点再好也没用 |
[28:43] | After all that talk of armies and ships, | 在商讨了军队和船舰之后 |
[28:46] | you defeated the English with nothing more than a letter. | 你用一封信就打发了英格兰 |
[28:49] | I can’t take much of the credit. | 这我不敢居功 |
[28:50] | It was Mary’s plan. | 是玛丽的主意 |
[28:52] | How did you know it would work? | 你怎么知道会成功 |
[28:54] | I didn’t. I only made | 我不知道 我只是 |
[28:55] | the best decision that I could in a moment. | 立刻做出了最好的决定 |
[28:57] | Just like I did with the galleons. | 就像我决定派出战舰一样 |
[29:00] | I would’ve given up after that. | 要是我 我肯定放弃了 |
[29:01] | I wanted to. | 我想啊 |
[29:03] | But that’s not an option. | 但我不能选择放弃 |
[29:04] | Not ever. | 永远都不能 |
[29:06] | Hardly a day goes by where I don’t wish | 我几乎每天都希望 |
[29:07] | someone else was making the decisions. | 有人能替我做决定 |
[29:09] | But you always seem so confident. | 但你看起来很自信 |
[29:11] | Remember, being King’s a performance! | 记住 当国王就是在众人面前表演 |
[29:23] | Francis? | 弗朗西斯 |
[29:27] | Francis! | 弗朗西斯 |
[29:31] | Francis! Oh, my god, what’s happened? | 弗朗西斯 天啊 发生什么事了 |
[29:34] | Where is the physician? | 医师呢 |
[29:35] | He sent them away. I told him… | 我让他们走了 我和他说了… |
[29:37] | Charles, please, the physicians are powerless now. | 查尔斯 听我说 医师现在已经无能为力了 |
[29:39] | “Powerless”– what do you mean? | 无能为力 什么意思 |
[29:40] | Then we must find another healer. | 那我们就另找高明 |
[29:42] | Or Nostradamus or that woman Bash | 去找诺查丹玛斯或者巴斯在找的那个女人 |
[29:43] | was searching for– Delphine. | 戴尔芬 |
[29:45] | You can’t die. | 你不能死 |
[29:46] | I’m not ready. | 我还没准备好 |
[29:47] | Charles, I know that you’re scared. | 查尔斯 我知道你很害怕 |
[29:50] | But you are ready. | 但你已经准备好了 |
[29:52] | As ready as I was. | 就像我之前一样 |
[29:53] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[29:55] | You said ruling was a performance. | 你说统治国家就是一场表演 |
[29:57] | I-I can’t even pretend well enough. | 我根本连装都装不像 |
[29:59] | When I suggested the galleon ships at the council meeting, | 我在参议会上对船队给出的建议 |
[30:02] | it was all a lie. | 都是假的 |
[30:03] | I snuck into your study and looked at your notes, | 我溜进你的书房看了你的笔记 |
[30:05] | so I’d know what to say. | 所以我才知道该说什么 |
[30:06] | I can’t do this. I’m not a King. | 我做不到 我不是国王 |
[30:08] | You will be the King. | 你会成为国王 |
[30:10] | We don’t have a choice. | 我们别无选择 |
[30:12] | That’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[30:14] | It can’t be. | 不可能 |
[30:19] | Mary, come to me. | 玛丽 过来 |
[30:21] | There may not be much time. | 可能没多少时间了 |
[30:23] | Come lay beside me. | 躺在我旁边吧 |
[30:26] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[30:28] | You were doing so much better. | 你明明好多了 |
[30:31] | The physician said it can happen at the end. | 医师说最终会这样 |
[30:33] | “The end”– don’t say that. | 别说什么最终 |
[30:34] | One of God’s small blessings. | 是上帝所给的小祝福 |
[30:38] | Mary, you’ve done enough. | 玛丽 你已经做得够多了 |
[30:41] | Fought so hard for me. | 为我这么努力 |
[30:44] | All that’s left now is to enjoy my final hours. | 现在只需要好好享受我最后的时光 |
[30:49] | We should call for Catherine. | 我们应该通知凯瑟琳 |
[30:50] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[30:54] | I want my last hours | 我想平静地 |
[30:55] | to be in peace. | 度过最后时光 |
[31:00] | Alone with you. | 和你在一起 |
[31:12] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:13] | And I thank God for the time we’ve had. | 我感谢上帝给予我们的时光 |
[31:27] | If it isn’t the newlywed. | 这不是新郎官嘛 |
[31:29] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[31:32] | You seem remarkably cheery. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[31:34] | Oh, I am. | 是啊 |
[31:37] | I’ve put it all together. | 我把事情都串起来了 |
[31:39] | I know about the rat. | 明白了老鼠的事 |
[31:42] | You planted it in Lola’s bath to scare her into marrying you. | 你把它放到萝拉的浴盆里吓她 促使她嫁给你 |
[31:47] | Her fear of me actually helped you land her. | 她对我的恐惧帮你达成所愿 |
[31:50] | Admit it, Stephan. | 承认吧 斯特凡 |
[31:51] | I did no such thing. | 我没干这事 |
[31:52] | You and I are so very alike. | 你和我很像 |
[31:54] | Oh, we are nothing alike. | 我们一点也不像 |
[31:57] | Falling in love made me | 坠入爱河让我 |
[31:58] | a better man. | 成为了更好的人 |
[32:00] | And it brought out the worst in you. | 却让你成为更糟糕的人 |
[32:02] | You made me feel vulnerable. | 你让我觉得很脆弱 |
[32:04] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[32:05] | I don’t like that. | 我不喜欢 |
[32:06] | You don’t like it, either, or else you could have | 你也不喜欢 要不然你就会 |
[32:08] | taken more time to woo her. | 花更多时间去追求她 |
[32:10] | You like certainty. | 你喜欢确实的事 |
[32:13] | Results. | 喜欢结果 |
[32:15] | You also like the hunt. | 也喜欢狩猎 |
[32:17] | Now that you’ve bagged your prey, | 而现在你已经收获了猎物 |
[32:19] | how long before your interest wanders? | 你的兴趣还会持续多久呢 |
[32:21] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[32:23] | You’ll miss me. | 你会想我的 |
[32:24] | She’ll judge you. | 她会评判你 |
[32:25] | And in so doing, miss the best parts of you. | 而那时 你就会想念你最好的一面 |
[32:31] | I loathe you. | 我讨厌你 |
[32:33] | Because you know I’m right. | 因为你知道我是对的 |
[32:37] | I’m also a hell of a lot more fun. | 而且我比她有趣百倍 |
[32:48] | Don Carlos and his retinue made a hasty exit. | 唐·卡洛斯和他的随从匆匆离开了 |
[32:50] | His terms were unacceptable. | 我无法接受他的条件 |
[32:53] | I will not marry… | 我不会嫁给… |
[32:55] | anyone… ever. | 任何人… 永远不会 |
[32:58] | I will consider the suitors they parade before me | 我会考虑他们带到我面前的追求者 |
[33:01] | in order to placate the nobles. | 以此来宽慰贵族 |
[33:02] | But between you and I, William, | 但我和你 威廉 |
[33:05] | I swear to you, | 我向你发誓 |
[33:07] | it will never happen. | 我绝不嫁 |
[33:09] | Don Carlos was right. | 唐·卡洛斯是对的 |
[33:11] | It is a fact of our time. | 这就是这个时代的现实 |
[33:12] | A man rules his wife, | 男人驾驭他的妻子 |
[33:14] | even if his wife is a Queen. | 就算他的妻子是女王也一样 |
[33:16] | I will not be laid low by any man. | 我不会向任何男人低头 |
[33:19] | I will not be ruled by anyone. | 也不会被任何人驾驭 |
[33:22] | This choice will leave you open | 这样会让你建立 |
[33:24] | to unsavory unions. | 令人不齿的关系 |
[33:27] | It will lead you straight back to Dudley. | 会让你回到达德利身边 |
[33:29] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[33:30] | We love each other. | 我们相爱 |
[33:31] | I will give England my life but not my happiness. | 我愿为英格兰献出生命 但我不会牺牲幸福 |
[33:35] | Please, William, stop. | 求你了 威廉 别这样了 |
[33:38] | Your judgment pains me. | 你的决定让我心痛 |
[33:40] | Elizabeth, you cannot rule alone. | 伊丽莎白 你不能独自一人统治 |
[33:42] | No woman could. | 没有女人可以 |
[33:43] | I can. | 我可以 |
[33:44] | And I will. | 我也会的 |
[33:46] | I will show England their leader is fierce | 我会告诉英格兰人民 他们的领导人 |
[33:49] | and brilliant and strong. | 热切 坚强 才华横溢 |
[33:51] | I will draw them to me and they will love me. | 我会让他们臣服于我 他们也会爱我 |
[33:54] | And thank me for loving only them. | 并且他们也会感谢我只爱他们 |
[33:57] | Why do you refuse to see the truth? | 你为什么拒绝看清真相 |
[33:58] | That a monarchy needs more than a ruler, it needs an heir. | 王室需要的不仅是个统治者 还需要继承人 |
[34:01] | If you never wed, you will always | 如果你不成婚 |
[34:02] | be vulnerable to a queen who will marry. | 那你会永远是你的弱点 |
[34:04] | Mary knows that, and when her husband dies, | 玛丽清楚这点 等她丈夫去世 |
[34:06] | she’ll take another. | 她会另嫁他人 |
[34:07] | With this choice, you will ensure | 如果你不成婚 |
[34:09] | that Mary, Queen of Scots, | 那苏格兰女王玛丽 |
[34:10] | will forever threaten you. | 将会永远是你的威胁 |
[34:15] | Then it will be the challenge of my life not to kill her. | 那我必生都要忍着不去杀她了 |
[34:25] | Please, I came here for sanctuary. | 求你了 我来此是寻求庇护的 |
[34:27] | You promised to help me. | 你答应过会帮我 |
[34:29] | We are helping you, child. | 我们这就是在帮你 孩子 |
[34:31] | We’re purifying your soul. | 我们在净化你的灵魂 |
[34:33] | The iron cross drives out Satan. | 铁十字架可以驱赶出恶魔 |
[34:39] | You mustn’t interfere! | 你不能进来打扰 |
[34:40] | She still has Satan within her soul. | 她的灵魂中还有恶魔存在 |
[34:42] | We must continue until she feels no pain. | 我们必须继续 直到她不再痛苦 |
[34:43] | Only then will her soul be clean! | 只有那样她的灵魂才会纯洁 |
[34:46] | Anyone will stop feeling pain once you burn | 把人烫死了肯定就不会痛苦了 |
[34:47] | deep enough, you fool. | 你们怎会如此愚蠢 |
[34:49] | Satan has nothing to do with it. | 恶魔与此无关 |
[34:52] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[34:58] | Bash. | 巴斯 |
[35:01] | Charles? | 查尔斯 |
[35:02] | Look after her. | 照顾好她 |
[35:04] | Why are you here? | 你来干什么 |
[35:05] | Your deputy told me where you’d gone. | 你的副手告诉我你来这里了 |
[35:07] | I’ve come for Delphine. I know your gifts are real. | 我是来找戴尔芬的 我知道你的天赋是真的 |
[35:09] | I’ve seen their effects on Bash. | 我亲眼见过它们对巴斯的影响 |
[35:11] | And now I need you to save the King of France. | 现在我需要你拯救法国国王 |
[35:13] | No, Charles. | 不 查尔斯 |
[35:14] | I want to save Francis as much as you do, believe me. | 我跟你一样想救弗朗西斯 相信我 |
[35:17] | But you must understand. | 但你必须明白 |
[35:18] | There is a price to be paid for her healing. | 让她去治疗是有代价的 |
[35:20] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[35:22] | As the dauphin of France, | 作为法国的王储 |
[35:25] | heir to the throne, | 王位的继承人 |
[35:27] | I command you to obey. | 我命令你服从命令 |
[35:35] | Is the pain terrible? | 你疼得厉害吗 |
[35:41] | Whisper me our future. | 跟我说说我们的将来 |
[35:45] | I can’t bear to think about a future anymore, not without you. | 我无法承受再想象没有你的未来了 |
[35:47] | Then keep me in it. | 那就让我在里面 |
[35:51] | Tell me about our happy lives. | 告诉我我们的幸福生活 |
[35:55] | I wanted to give you children. | 我想给你生孩子的 |
[36:04] | Aren’t they playing outside? | 他们不是在外面玩吗 |
[36:06] | Don’t you hear them? | 你没听到吗 |
[36:09] | Francis… | 弗朗西斯… |
[36:11] | Our lovely children. | 我们可爱的孩子 |
[36:17] | Anne… | 安… |
[36:19] | and James. | 詹姆斯 |
[36:21] | Yes. Anne and James. | 对 安和詹姆斯 |
[36:26] | Anne takes after you. | 安跟你一样 |
[36:28] | She’s so strong and beautiful. | 她那么坚强那么美丽 |
[36:33] | She’s fast as lightning. | 她敏捷如电 |
[36:35] | She… | 她… |
[36:37] | She never lets James win. | 她从不让詹姆斯赢一次 |
[36:39] | When they chase each other around the castle, | 他们在城堡里追逐嬉戏的时候 |
[36:42] | that’s right– Anne always wins. | 没错 安总是能赢 |
[36:44] | It’s all they’ll talk about at dinner. | 他们晚餐时会一直说这个 |
[36:46] | She wants your praise. | 她想让你表扬她 |
[36:48] | And after dinner, your usual game of catch with Anne, | 晚餐后 你一般会跟安做游戏 |
[36:51] | James will want your attention, too, with his reading. | 而詹姆斯想通过读书吸引你的注意 |
[36:55] | I’ll have him work on it. | 我会让他好好读书 |
[36:58] | You promise? | 你保证吗 |
[37:03] | Promise me, I mean it. | 答应我 我是认真的 |
[37:08] | Promise me you’ll try. | 答应我你会努力 |
[37:10] | One year of marriage, it isn’t enough. | 一年的婚姻还远远不够 |
[37:12] | Fight, Francis, please. | 抗争 弗朗西斯 求你了 |
[37:15] | I will give you children. | 我会给你生孩子 |
[37:17] | Don’t give up on our dreams. | 不要放弃我们的梦想 |
[37:18] | On the life that we could have. | 不要放弃我们可能拥有的生活 |
[37:26] | It’s such a beautiful dream. | 这真是个美梦 |
[37:44] | No. | 不 |
[37:47] | No, Francis, don’t leave me. | 不 弗朗西斯 不要离开我 |
[37:48] | Not yet. Not yet! | 不要走 |
[37:50] | Come back to me, Francis! | 醒醒 弗朗西斯 |
[37:52] | Francis, come back to me! | 弗朗西斯 醒醒 |
[37:53] | No, no, not yet! | 不要 你还不能死 |
[37:57] | He’s gone! | 他已经走了 |
[38:01] | This is Delphine, the healer. I-I’ve brought her for Francis. | 戴尔芬可以治好他 我找她来救弗朗西斯 |
[38:04] | It’s too late! | 太晚了 |
[38:06] | There’s no guarantee she can help him. | 谁都不能保证她能救他 |
[38:07] | And even if she can, there may be a price. | 即使她可以 那也可能会有代价 |
[38:09] | What do you mean “A price”? | 什么代价 |
[38:10] | The price of someone else’s life. | 以另一个人的生命为代价 |
[38:12] | You can’t be sure. | 你又不确定 |
[38:14] | And even if there is, | 即便有代价 |
[38:15] | he’s your brother. | 你也该选你兄弟 |
[38:17] | Your husband. | 你丈夫 |
[38:19] | The King of France. | 法国的国王 |
[38:20] | And what’s the cost of a king’s life, Charles? | 要救一个国王的代价会是什么 查尔斯 |
[38:22] | Your life? | 你的性命吗 |
[38:24] | Yours? | 还是你的 |
[38:25] | If the price is my life for his, I will give it. | 如果我的命能换回他的 我愿意 |
[38:28] | – Bring him back. – Are you certain? | -救他 -你确定吗 |
[38:30] | Yes, I am! Do it now, do it! | 我确定 求你快救他 |
[38:32] | Please, hurry! | 求你快点 |
[38:35] | Everyone needs to step away. | 大家都退后 |
[38:49] | What is she doing? | 她在做什么 |
[38:50] | Be quiet. Let her work. | 不要说话 让她做 |
[39:13] | Francis! Oh, my God. | 弗朗西斯 我的天啊 |
[39:23] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[39:26] | You’re alive! | 你活过来了 |
[39:29] | You came back to me. | 你回来了 |
[39:42] | Was the cost your life? | 代价是你的生命吗 |
[40:01] | We worked well together, daughter. | 我们合作得很成功 女儿 |
[40:03] | Scotland awaits her queen’s return. | 苏格兰在等她的女王回来 |
[40:06] | Until then, your country and your throne | 在此之前 你的国家和你的人民 |
[40:08] | are as safe as they can be in my hands. | 在我的手里一定会非常安全 |
[40:18] | Your Grace! | 陛下 |
[40:22] | Madam! | 夫人 |
[40:25] | My Lord, she’s dead! | 天啊 她死了 |