时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Mary of Scots’ closest friend, | 苏格兰玛丽最亲密的朋友 |
[00:02] | her lady Lola, has agreed to be your hostage, | 萝拉小姐同意做你的人质 |
[00:05] | in exchange for her family’s release. | 以此交换 释放她的家人 |
[00:06] | I’m pregnant. With your child. | 我怀孕了 怀了你的孩子 |
[00:08] | – We must marry. – I am married, Elizabeth. | -我们必须结婚 -我结婚了 伊丽莎白 |
[00:10] | – Then get a divorce. – We talked about this option. | -那就离婚 -这个话题我们已经谈过了 |
[00:12] | Amy Dudley is dead. | 艾米·达德利死了 |
[00:13] | Rumors are already spreading that Dudley murdered his wife. | 谣言已传开 称是达德利谋杀了他的妻子 |
[00:16] | – We cannot be seen together. – You must help me to evade the gallows. | -不能让别人看到我们在一起 -你得救我 |
[00:19] | What of our child? | 我们的孩子怎么办 |
[00:21] | Are you sure? Our future… | 你确定吗 我们的未来… |
[00:22] | Nothing is certain but my feelings for you. | 我确定我对你的感觉 |
[00:24] | I’m marrying you off to Duke Boinel, | 我要把你嫁给伯尼尔公爵 |
[00:26] | a wealthy noble who will supply France with the gold | 因为他是个富有的贵族 所以如果你嫁给他 |
[00:28] | she so desperately needs in return for your hand. | 他会给法国提供目前急需的金子 |
[00:31] | I was married once to a girl I loved. | 我之前也结过婚 跟一个我深爱的女孩 |
[00:33] | She died in childbirth. | 她难产而死 |
[00:34] | And now Elizabeth has your little girl, doesn’t she? | 现在你女儿在伊丽莎白手上 对吗 |
[00:36] | She’s using your daughter | 她在利用你女儿 |
[00:38] | to ensure that you sabotage my alliances. | 确保你来破坏我的结盟 |
[01:00] | Good morning, Your Majesty. | 早上好 陛下 |
[01:03] | – May I come fetch your linens? – As you will. | -我可以拿走您的床单吗 -可以 |
[01:20] | Will you require anything for your monthly pains, Your Grace? | 您每月的疼痛需要什么来缓解吗 陛下 |
[01:24] | No. | 不用 |
[01:27] | I’ll be all right. | 我没事 |
[01:31] | But tensions on the Scottish border have been high | 但是苏格兰边境的紧张局势 |
[01:34] | for years, Your Majesty. | 持续多年了 陛下 |
[01:36] | If your intention is to wait until that changes | 如果你是想等待局势变化 |
[01:38] | to deem whether it’s safe to free my father and brothers, | 再来判断释放我的父亲和兄弟是否安全 |
[01:42] | they may never be released, | 那他们可能永远不会被释放 |
[01:44] | and I may never get to leave. | 我也可能永远没法离开 |
[01:46] | Or is that, in fact, the plan? | 或者说那就是你的计划 |
[01:48] | The plan is for us to get to know one another, | 计划是让我们熟悉对方 |
[01:50] | my dear Lady Lola. | 亲爱的萝拉小姐 |
[01:52] | A kind of personal diplomacy, if you will. | 可以说是个人外交 |
[01:56] | So that, in time, you may report to my cousin | 这样以后你能就告诉我的表亲 |
[01:58] | I am not the monster she may think I am. | 我不是她所以为的恶魔 |
[02:01] | I would like to report that, Your Majesty, | 我很乐意这样告诉她 陛下 |
[02:04] | and that you are a woman of your word. | 还有你是个信守承诺的女人 |
[02:06] | But you suspect I am not. | 但你怀疑我不是 |
[02:09] | You’ve been treated as an honored guest since your arrival. | 从你来后就一直被当作贵宾对待 |
[02:12] | I have enough Englishmen judging me without adding | 评判我的英格兰人已经够多了 |
[02:14] | a high-minded foreigner to the list. | 不需要再上另一个傲慢的外国人 |
[02:17] | You will return to your chambers | 你回到房间里去 |
[02:18] | until I’m ready to discuss the matter again. | 直到我准备好再次讨论此事 |
[02:20] | You may go. | 你可以走了 |
[02:31] | King Charles. | 查尔斯国王 |
[02:32] | I’ve been looking for you. Do you have a moment? | 我一直在找你 你有空吗 |
[02:34] | I’m waiting to talk to my regent, Narcisse. | 我等着跟着我的摄政王纳西斯谈话 |
[02:36] | How can I help you? | 有什么能帮忙的吗 |
[02:37] | It would mean a great deal | 如果我能继续招待追求者 |
[02:39] | if I could keep hosting suitors here. | 那对我来说意义重大 |
[02:42] | I would make every effort to ensure France benefits | 我会努力在苏格兰找到新盟友时 |
[02:45] | from any new alliance Scotland makes. | 确保法国的利益 |
[02:47] | Beware of needy queens asking for favors, Majesty. | 小心要你帮忙的女王 陛下 |
[02:50] | I’m not asking for myself. Scotland is an ally of France. | 我不是为了自己 苏格兰是法国的盟友 |
[02:53] | Alliances generally benefit both countries. | 盟友一般会为两国都带来好处 |
[02:55] | If you are talking about the costs of the war… | 如果你说的是战争的代价 |
[02:56] | Exorbitant costs, | 过高的成本 |
[02:58] | in blood and treasure, borne by France. | 人力和物资 都是法国承担的 |
[03:02] | Which is what King Charles invited me here to discuss– | 这就是查尔斯国王邀请我过来讨论的内容 |
[03:06] | French business. | 法国事务 |
[03:08] | Majesty, shall we? | 陛下 我们开始吧 |
[03:10] | Yes. Yes. | 好的 |
[03:20] | There’s something you need to see. | 你得看一样东西 |
[03:22] | It’s from Lola. | 是萝拉寄来的 |
[03:26] | Your brother’s Scottish war left us with crushing debts. | 你哥哥的苏格兰战争让我们负债累累 |
[03:29] | And if we raise taxes? | 如果我们提高税收呢 |
[03:31] | Oh, that would make us both very unpopular | 这会让我们开始掌权之时 |
[03:33] | just as we are starting our time in power. | 非常不受大家欢迎 |
[03:35] | No, our options are few. | 不 我们没什么选择 |
[03:38] | Especially as you have only so many sisters | 特别是你的姐姐不多 |
[03:40] | to marry off to suitors willing to pay so richly. | 没法嫁给愿意出这么多钱的追求者 |
[03:43] | About that. | 关于那点 |
[03:44] | My sister and mother are dead set against the marriage. | 我姐姐和母亲坚决反对婚姻 |
[03:46] | I know your mother has made promises, Majesty, | 我知道你母亲做出过承诺 陛下 |
[03:48] | but take my word– Claude will be lucky | 但是相信我的话 克劳德 |
[03:51] | to have Duke Boinel as her husband. | 能嫁给伯尼尔公爵是她的福气 |
[03:55] | even if he is a bit her senior. | 虽然他比她大不少 |
[03:57] | But is he a good man? | 但他是个好人吗 |
[03:58] | Our wives were once friends, | 我们的妻子曾是朋友 |
[03:59] | and they spoke very candidly with each other. | 她们对彼此很坦诚 |
[04:02] | She said he always treated her with the greatest of kindness and respect. | 她说他总是善良尊重地对待她 |
[04:06] | And when she died, along with my wife, | 她和我妻子一起 |
[04:09] | in one of the summer plagues, | 在夏季瘟疫中去世时 |
[04:11] | she left him one of the largest estates in France. | 她留给了他法国最大的地产 |
[04:14] | He is as good as his gold, which we happen to need very much. | 他美好如金子 而我们非常需要金子 |
[04:20] | I understand why you’re angry, Mary, | 我明白你为什么生气 玛丽 |
[04:21] | but now may not be the best time | 但现在去质问英格兰大使 |
[04:23] | to confront the English ambassador. | 不是好时机 |
[04:25] | You read Lola’s letter. | 你看了萝拉的信 |
[04:26] | I’m not leaving her stranded in England indefinitely. | 我不要让她永远留在英格兰 |
[04:28] | And I don’t think there is a good time | 我觉得指控英格兰女王 |
[04:30] | to accuse the English queen | 囚禁了我一个最好的朋友 |
[04:31] | of imprisoning one of my best friends. | 这事永远没有合适的时机 |
[04:33] | Well, that’s what I’m trying to tell you. | 这就是我想告诉你的 |
[04:35] | Juliet, what is it? | 朱丽叶 怎么了 |
[04:36] | – They’re arguing. – A plan. | -他们在吵架 -一个计划 |
[04:39] | A plan for what? To have me live here? | 什么计划 让我住在这里吗 |
[04:40] | To see your daughter. | 见到你女儿 |
[04:41] | Stay here in France– for how much longer? | 留在法国 还要多久 |
[04:44] | I see why you say it’s not the best time to confront him, | 我明白你为什么说现在质问他不合适 |
[04:46] | but what choice do I have? | 但我还有什么选择 |
[04:48] | I will not stand by and do nothing | 我不会袖手旁观 |
[04:49] | to defend my few remaining friends. | 不去保护我仅存的几个朋友 |
[04:51] | Mary, there was something else | 玛丽 我们拦截下的 |
[04:52] | in those letters of Gideon’s we intercepted. | 吉迪恩的信中还有别的事 |
[04:55] | Have you managed to break the code? | 你破译密码了吗 |
[04:57] | It took time, but this morning, | 这花了一些时间 但今早 |
[04:58] | we finally managed to rebuild their cipher. | 我们终于重建了密码 |
[05:00] | What we found in those letters may upset you, | 我们看到的信里的内容可能让你生气 |
[05:02] | but if used properly, it could change the whole game. | 但如果恰当使用 可能会改变整个局势 |
[05:05] | – What is it? – Your Grace. | -是什么 -陛下 |
[05:07] | Lord Narcisse has requested you join him in the great hall. | 纳西斯大人让您去大厅找他 |
[05:10] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[05:11] | Now he suddenly wants to see me? | 他现在突然想见我了吗 |
[05:12] | Stop saying you have no choice, Charles. | 别说你别无选择了 查尔斯 |
[05:15] | You’re the king. | 你是国王 |
[05:16] | That’s right, I’m the king. | 没错 正因为我是国王 |
[05:18] | I’m a royal, and none of us marry for love. | 我们是王室成员 我们不会因为爱而结婚 |
[05:20] | It’s a miracle Francis loved his wife, | 弗朗西斯爱他的妻子 那是个奇迹 |
[05:21] | but that doesn’t mean any of us will. | 但这并不意味着我们也会这样 |
[05:23] | So, that’s it? I’m to be sold off like a mule, | 你决定了是吧 要把我像牲口一样卖掉 |
[05:26] | forced to live far away with some fossil I don’t even know? | 我要远离故土去和一个素不相识的老顽固结婚 |
[05:29] | Narcisse swears the duke is a good man. | 纳西斯保证说那个公爵是个好人 |
[05:32] | As good as his gold, which I’m sorry to say we need very much. | 和他的金子一样 我很抱歉 但我们很需要 |
[05:35] | Those are Narcisse’s words all right. | 这肯定是纳西斯说的 |
[05:37] | I’ve heard them myself. | 我自己就听过 |
[05:38] | Claude, I’m sorry. | 克劳德 我很抱歉 |
[05:39] | I’ve made my decision. | 我已经下定决心了 |
[05:43] | Mary, what are you doing here? | 玛丽 你在这里干什么 |
[05:44] | I was wondering that myself. | 我也想知道 |
[05:46] | Narcisse sent word, but… | 纳西斯想要见我 但是 |
[05:47] | I wanted you all here to answer a simple question. | 我想要你们过来回答一个简单的问题 |
[05:51] | Where is the gold that Duke Boinel paid to marry Claude? | 伯尼尔公爵用来娶克劳德的金子哪儿去了 |
[05:54] | What? Someone’s stolen it? | 什么 有人偷了金子吗 |
[05:58] | Are you accusing my mother of this? | 你这是在怀疑我母亲吗 |
[06:00] | Well, we all know that she opposed the marriage, | 我们都知道她反对这场婚姻 |
[06:02] | and she would love nothing more than to see my regency fail. | 她要是看到我摄政失败肯定会高兴得不得了 |
[06:05] | And what better way to do that than starve the kingdom of funds | 还有什么比在法国亟需资金的时候 |
[06:08] | when we need them the most? | 抽掉资金更好的办法呢 |
[06:10] | Mother, is there any truth to this? | 母亲 他说的是真的吗 |
[06:12] | I oppose Claude’s marriage to Narcisse’s friend, the duke, | 我反对克劳德嫁给纳西斯的朋友 那个公爵 |
[06:15] | absolutely, and the rest is amateur fiction. | 没错 但是剩下的部分纯属他瞎猜 |
[06:18] | Amateur is whoever you paid to commit the crime. | 瞎猜的是你雇来实施犯罪的那些人 |
[06:21] | They took the gold right after Boinel signed it over to me. | 伯尼尔刚签字把金子转让给我 他们就下手了 |
[06:24] | That means the deal is done. | 也就是说 我们的交易已经达成了 |
[06:27] | The marriage will go ahead as scheduled. | 婚礼照计划进行 |
[06:30] | And when I find the gold– which I will– | 一旦我找到金子 我一定会会找到的 |
[06:33] | your plan will have utterly failed. | 你的计划就彻底失败了 |
[06:35] | Is it so unthinkable a crime might take place | 城堡里发生的罪案 |
[06:37] | in this castle that I had no hand in? | 我全都插手了 对吧 |
[06:40] | Hear me, Mother, if there is one shred of evidence | 母亲 你听着 一旦找到证据证明 |
[06:43] | that you stole that gold, you’ll be punished severely. | 你偷了金子 你会受到严厉的惩罚 |
[06:46] | – The same goes for you, as well. – Me? | -你也是 -我 |
[06:48] | You two have been as thick as thieves lately. | 你们俩最近亲密得像同党一样 |
[06:50] | Do you still hold it against me | 你这是还在责怪我 |
[06:51] | that I defended her against a false accusation of murder? | 为她辩护证明她没杀人吗 |
[06:55] | You have both been warned. | 我警告你们俩 |
[07:03] | Look at my son. | 你看我儿子 |
[07:05] | The king is following his regent | 他是个国王 却像助手跟着主人一样 |
[07:07] | like an acolyte follows his master. | 跟随着他的摄政王 |
[07:10] | I’m losing him, Mary, to a man who cannot be trusted | 我失去他了 玛丽 而掌控他的这个人 |
[07:14] | with Charles’s welfare or this family’s. | 不可能给查尔斯或者我们家族带来福祉 |
[07:32] | Ambassador Gideon. | 吉迪恩大使 |
[07:35] | You look like a man working out his frustrations. | 看来你正在发泄自己的不满啊 |
[07:37] | Perhaps I should take a swing, | 我是不是也该来一下呢 |
[07:38] | as we are both frustrated with the same queen. | 毕竟我们都对同一个女王不满 |
[07:41] | Don’t know what you mean. | 不知道你在说什么 |
[07:42] | Well, first Elizabeth holds your daughter hostage, | 首先 伊丽莎白把你的女儿扣押作人质 |
[07:45] | and then she keeps changing the price | 然后她不断的更改 |
[07:46] | on the little girl’s freedom. | 让你换取女儿自由的赎金 |
[07:48] | Do you remember how we found | 你还记得我们是怎么发现 |
[07:49] | your daughter Agatha’s letters to you? | 你女儿阿加莎给你的信的吗 |
[07:51] | We found other letters as well. | 我们还发现了一封信 |
[07:53] | Of course you did. | 你当然发现了 |
[07:54] | That’s why we change ciphers routinely. | 所以我们才定期更换密码 |
[07:56] | My cryptographers finally deciphered the letters. | 我的译码者终于破译了这封信 |
[07:59] | Including several from Elizabeth to you. | 其中还有几封是伊丽莎白给你的呢 |
[08:02] | Ordering you to seduce me. | 让你来色诱我 |
[08:07] | Your cryptographers are breathing too much of their own ink. | 你的译码者真是想太多了 |
[08:09] | They’re imagining things. | 他们这是自己编造呢 |
[08:11] | And letters from her to your aide, Jeffrey, | 还有她给你的助手杰弗里的信 |
[08:16] | ordering him to watch her every move. | 让他确保她的计划的实施 |
[08:21] | I can show you, if you need proof, | 你要是想要证据的话 我可以给你看 |
[08:23] | but I don’t think you do. | 但我觉得你不需要 |
[08:25] | If Elizabeth had to ransom your daughter | 如果伊丽莎白需要靠着绑架你女儿 |
[08:28] | to guarantee that you would obey her, | 来确保你听她的话 |
[08:30] | why would she trust you without supervision? | 她怎么会完全相信你 不找人监视你呢 |
[08:32] | Let it go, Mary. | 算了吧 玛丽 |
[08:37] | You are angry now because you know | 你现在很生气是因为你知道 |
[08:38] | that your mission is doomed to fail. | 你的任务必败无疑 |
[08:40] | Why would I let you seduce me when I know the truth? | 我都已经知道真相了怎么还会让你色诱我 |
[08:43] | Elizabeth will keep withholding your daughter. | 伊丽莎白会一直押着你的女儿 |
[08:45] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[08:46] | If you’re finished. | 说完了吧 |
[08:48] | Unless I decide to let you seduce me. | 除非我决定接受你的色诱 |
[08:54] | Because it gets us both what we want. | 这样一来我们都能得偿所愿 |
[08:57] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[09:00] | Jeffrey’s letters say that he is returning to England soon. | 杰弗里在信中说他马上就要回英格兰了 |
[09:03] | Let him bring news to Elizabeth that I am the lonely, | 让他告诉伊丽莎白我就是她想象中的那种 |
[09:05] | brokenhearted queen she thinks I am and that you have seduced me. | 寂寞心碎的女王 而你已经成功色诱了我 |
[09:09] | Convince her that you control me, | 让她相信你掌控了我 |
[09:11] | and you’ll have something to bargain with, | 这样你就有筹码可以和她交易 |
[09:13] | to force her to let you see Agatha. | 逼迫她让你见阿加莎 |
[09:15] | You said this would give us both what we want. | 你说这回让我们都得偿所愿 |
[09:18] | What does it give you? | 你能得到什么 |
[09:19] | You’re not the only one Elizabeth has broken promises to. | 伊丽莎白不是只对你食言而肥了 |
[09:23] | I have few enough weapons at my disposal. | 我手上可支配的武器不多 |
[09:25] | I plan to use this one to ensure Elizabeth | 我计划用他们来确保 |
[09:27] | keeps her promise to me. | 伊丽莎白实现对我的承诺 |
[09:31] | Tomorrow? Already? | 明天吗 已经决定了吗 |
[09:33] | Why is it happening so fast? | 为什么这么快 |
[09:35] | They know I don’t want to marry. | 他们知道我不想嫁人 |
[09:36] | That’s why they’ve chosen to have a small, private ceremony– | 所以他们决定办一个小型的私人的典礼 |
[09:38] | – so I don’t embarrass the family with my objections. – I’m so sorry. | -这样我的反对不会使整个家族蒙羞 -抱歉 |
[09:42] | This shouldn’t be happening. | 不该这样的 |
[09:43] | You should be marrying someone who knows you, someone who loves you. | 你应该嫁给一个懂你爱你的人的 |
[09:48] | Someone like me. | 比如说我 |
[09:50] | To hear you say that, | 听你这么说 |
[09:52] | to hear it now… | 现在听到这句话… |
[09:57] | I brought you more pigs’ blood. | 我给你带了更多的猪血 |
[09:58] | Don’t worry, nobody saw me come in. | 别担心 没人看到我进来了 |
[10:00] | I don’t know how much longer I can keep up this charade. | 我不知道我还能隐藏多久 |
[10:02] | My pregnancy isn’t showing yet, | 我现在还不显怀 |
[10:04] | but it will. | 但总有一天会 |
[10:09] | I’ve sent letters to suitors around the continent, | 我已经送信给周边所有的求婚者了 |
[10:12] | but it may take weeks for them to consider and respond, | 但他门可能会花上好几周来考虑和回复 |
[10:14] | and by then, it might be too late. | 到那时就太晚了 |
[10:15] | I’ll be forced to admit to my future husband | 我到时只能被迫向我未来的丈夫承认 |
[10:17] | I’m already carrying someone else’s child. | 我已经怀上了别人的孩子 |
[10:19] | I keep asking myself if there’s any chance | 我一直在问自己有没有可能 |
[10:22] | for you to be cleared, | 让你脱离罪责 |
[10:23] | exonerated beyond any doubt of a role in your wife’s death. | 让别人不怀疑你和你妻子的死有关 |
[10:26] | It will never happen, Elizabeth. | 不可能的 伊丽莎白 |
[10:27] | I’m being brought before a tribunal– | 我会接受裁决 |
[10:29] | a tribunal stacked with nobles | 进行裁决的是无数贵族 |
[10:30] | who whisper the same thing that the people do: | 他们和所有普通民众想的一样 |
[10:32] | that our rumored love for each other killed my wife. | 那就是我们之间谣传的恋情害死了我妻子 |
[10:35] | If I hang, which I probably will, | 如果我被绞死 这很有可能 |
[10:37] | then maybe I deserve it. | 也许是我活该 |
[10:38] | Because the truth is that I did wish my wife dead. | 因为我的确希望我的妻子死 |
[10:41] | And I would have killed for you. | 我也会为了你 为了我们的孩子 |
[10:43] | For our child. | 去杀了她 |
[10:47] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[10:48] | There are guards waiting for me. | 卫兵正等着我 |
[11:00] | Steady, Percy. | 稳着点 珀西 |
[11:01] | Look at you! | 看你醉的 |
[11:06] | You see, now people will think we’ve been drinking. | 现在人们会觉得我们喝酒了 |
[11:13] | Well, now. | 看啊 |
[11:15] | Does the owner always pour drinks like a barmaid? | 店主总是像酒保一样给人倒酒吗 |
[11:17] | – It’s good to see you. – Martin. | -很高兴见到你 -马丁 |
[11:19] | I had no idea you’d come ashore. | 我都不知道你上岸了 |
[11:21] | Come here, Greer. Give us a kiss. | 过来 葛瑞尔 亲一个 |
[11:25] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[11:26] | – You’re pregnant. – Shh. No one knows. | -你怀孕了 -小点声 别人不知道 |
[11:31] | The child is mine? | 是我的孩子 |
[11:34] | – Were you planning to tell me this? – How? | -你打算过要告诉我吗 -怎么告诉 |
[11:37] | By writing you a letter? | 给你写信吗 |
[11:38] | What address would I use? “The middle of the Mediterranean”? | 地址写哪儿 地中海吗 |
[11:40] | I could help you with this. | 我能帮你 |
[11:43] | Martin, that’s very kind, | 马丁 谢谢你 |
[11:44] | but I’ve already arranged to give the child to a loving family. | 但我已经决定把这个孩子送给别人了 |
[11:47] | You don’t want it? | 你不想要 |
[11:48] | Of course I want it. | 我当然想 |
[11:50] | But I also want… | 但我也希望… |
[11:52] | I want what’s best for the child. | 为孩子好 |
[11:54] | And you think that’s best? | 送人就是为他好吗 |
[11:55] | Better than growing up the bastard child | 至少比海盗和老鸨的私生子 |
[11:56] | of a pirate and a peddler of whores. | 这个身份好 |
[11:58] | You think we would be such terrible parents? | 你觉得我们是那么糟的父母吗 |
[12:00] | How can you be a parent? | 你能当父亲吗 |
[12:02] | You don’t even live here. | 你都不住这里 |
[12:03] | You don’t live anywhere. | 你四海为家 |
[12:05] | I can send gold. And I can visit. | 我能给你送金子 也会来看你们 |
[12:08] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:09] | How often? | 多久来一次 |
[12:10] | Twice a year, perhaps? Maybe more? | 大概一年两次 也许更勤 |
[12:12] | It’s an honest offer. | 我是认真的 |
[12:14] | You do what you want, | 你想做什么都可以 |
[12:16] | but make me one promise: | 但要向我保证 |
[12:17] | Choose because of what you think, | 要遵从你的内心做选择 |
[12:20] | not what others might. | 而不是顾及别人的看法 |
[12:27] | For richer and for poorer, | 无论富有还是贫穷 |
[12:29] | in sickness and in health, | 疾病还是健康 |
[12:31] | until death do us part. | 至死不渝 |
[12:35] | Princess Claude, | 克劳德公主 |
[12:36] | I need you to repeat after me. | 你得跟着我重复 |
[12:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:39] | – I wasn’t listening. – Oh, dear Lord. | -我刚刚没在听 -天啊 |
[12:41] | Cardinal Lauren, perhaps you could abbreviate the proceedings? | 劳伦主教 你能不能简化一下流程 |
[12:45] | – This is a holy covenant between… – I do. | -这可是神圣的誓言 -我愿意 |
[12:48] | I, Claude de Valois, | 我 克劳德·德瓦卢瓦 |
[12:51] | take Duke Boinel as my husband. | 接受伯尼尔公爵为我的丈夫 |
[12:55] | That will do, Cardinal. | 这样就行了 主教 |
[12:59] | You have declared your consent before the Church. | 你已经在天父面前同意了 |
[13:01] | What God has joined, let no man divide. | 天父保佑 永结同心 |
[13:05] | We should arrive at my estate before nightfall. | 我们该在傍晚前赶回我的宅邸 |
[13:08] | It’s quite beautiful in the twilight hours. | 那里的黄昏特别美 |
[13:10] | I think you’ll be very happy there. | 你在那里会很开心的 |
[13:12] | I’m sure it’s lovely. | 肯定很美好 |
[13:51] | You’re kind to keep feeding me beer, | 谢谢你一直给我酒喝 |
[13:54] | although alcohol can’t fix this. | 但酒精治不了我的情伤 |
[13:56] | But it might help you forget. Now that she’s married. | 但它能帮你忘记过往 她已经结婚了 |
[14:00] | It’s not Claude I need to forget. | 我要忘的不是克劳德 |
[14:03] | I need to forget an idea. | 我得忘记一个想法 |
[14:05] | A ridiculous, childish idea that I could love someone, | 一个只要我和某个人相爱 |
[14:08] | they could love me, | 其他都不重要的 |
[14:09] | and nothing else mattered. | 荒唐 幼稚的想法 |
[14:11] | Don’t let go of that idea. | 别放弃这个想法 |
[14:14] | Sons of goatherds don’t get to be with princesses. | 牧羊人的儿子可不配娶公主 |
[14:18] | But look how far you’ve come. | 但看看你如今的地位 |
[14:20] | You got out of the kitchens. | 不再是厨房的帮厨 |
[14:21] | You rose up to the kingsguard, and you’ll go higher still. | 当上了国王的卫兵 你还会继续向上走 |
[14:25] | You used to be such a realist. | 你曾经那么现实 |
[14:27] | What happened to you? | 现在这是怎么了 |
[14:29] | I suppose i’ve come to believe that… | 我应该是开始相信… |
[14:34] | I need to believe | 我得相信 |
[14:38] | that who we are matters more than our station. | 人比地位更重要 |
[14:40] | Well, I’ve come around to your old way of thinking, | 我的想法已经和过去的你一样了 |
[14:43] | because it was right, Greer. | 因为那才是对的 葛瑞尔 |
[14:46] | You are who you’re born to. | 出身决定了一切 |
[14:48] | You’ll never be more than what people say that you are. | 永远也逃不出别人对你的看法 |
[14:50] | You can pretend otherwise, | 你可以假装优秀 |
[14:51] | but the world won’t pretend with you. | 但世界却不会配合你 |
[15:05] | Mm, we have to hurry. | 我们得抓紧了 |
[15:07] | Juliet is signaling. | 朱丽叶打信号了 |
[15:08] | Jeffrey is in position to watch our secret rendezvous. | 杰弗里已经到了能看到我们幽会的地方 |
[15:12] | Has he already seen your love letters to me? | 他看过你给我写的情书了吗 |
[15:15] | He has read them. | 看过了 |
[15:16] | But this is only going to work if he sees us together. | 但只有被他看到我们在一起 他才会相信 |
[15:19] | Now hurry. | 快走吧 |
[15:25] | Where’s Jeffrey? | 杰弗里在哪儿 |
[15:28] | Well, don’t look. | 别看 |
[15:29] | We don’t want him to realize that you know he’s there. | 别让他意识到你知道他在这里 |
[15:32] | Now sit. | 坐吧 |
[15:33] | We’re enjoying a meal together. | 我们一起吃顿饭 |
[15:35] | Shouldn’t you, perhaps, be smiling? | 你不该高兴点吗 |
[15:37] | You’re supposed to be enchanted by my company. | 你本该因为我的出现而开心 |
[15:39] | I think I’m doing pretty well for a queen who used | 对于一个曾掌管两个国家 如今却连一个 |
[15:41] | to rule two realms and is now barely holding onto one. | 都快保不住的女王来说 这样已经很好了 |
[15:43] | A queen who is reduced | 一个屈尊降贵 |
[15:45] | to playacting for someone else’s servant | 向一个仆人惺惺作态 |
[15:47] | to convince him that she’s lost her foolish heart | 好让他相信她爱上了 |
[15:49] | to a spy and a fraud. | 间谍和骗子的女王 |
[15:52] | If only for Jeffrey but also for you, | 这不仅是为了杰弗里 也是为了你 |
[15:55] | Mary, sit down and breathe. | 玛丽 坐下 冷静点 |
[16:03] | It’s going to be all right. | 不会有事的 |
[16:04] | I’ll get my daughter, and Lola will be released. | 我会接回女儿 萝拉也会被释放 |
[16:06] | If not this way, we’ll find another. | 这办法不行的话 我们再想别的 |
[16:08] | I do want to believe you. | 我也想相信你 |
[16:11] | But so many things have been going wrong lately. | 但最近出了这么多岔子 |
[16:13] | For me, for my country… | 无论是我 还是我的国家 |
[16:15] | I just don’t know if I trust my own fate anymore. | 我不知道还能不能相信我的命运 |
[16:18] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[16:27] | You have to admit, your fate has a sense of humor. | 你得承认 你的命运有点幽默 |
[16:32] | – We have to get inside. – Right. | -我们得进去 -没错 |
[16:33] | Ugh. Bring the wine! | 把酒拿上 |
[16:39] | We have to get to a window. | 我们找扇窗户 |
[16:40] | He’ll be able to see us from there. | 好让他能看见 |
[16:42] | We should get to the kiss quickly before the building collapses | 我们得赶在 |
[16:45] | under the weight of my misfortune. | 我的霉运弄塌城堡之前亲吻 |
[16:46] | Shall we sit at this window seat? | 我们要坐在这飘窗上吗 |
[16:47] | Yes, but you’ve got to be in the right position… | 没错 但你必须摆出正确的姿势 |
[16:49] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[16:54] | Is this yours? | 这是你的吗 |
[16:55] | No, you wouldn’t have told me to sit here if so. | 不 不然你就不会让我坐在这儿了 |
[16:57] | Do you know who…? | 你知道是谁… |
[17:03] | Do you think that was enough to convince him? | 你觉得这样足够可信了吗 |
[17:06] | – No. – No. | -不 -没错 |
[17:07] | – Maybe… more. – More. Um… | -也许 再多一些 -多一些 |
[17:09] | Less impulsive… | 别显得那么冲动 |
[17:10] | …more deliberate. | 更自然一些 |
[17:11] | I will instigate to show that I’ve fallen for you. | 我要显出我已经倾心于你 |
[17:36] | Well done. All right. | 干得好 好了 |
[17:38] | Elizabeth will hear of this, | 伊丽莎白会听说这事 |
[17:39] | and she will know it was a success. | 她会知道计谋成功了 |
[17:42] | You’ve seduced me, | 你成功地引诱了我 |
[17:43] | you’ve won my heart. | 得到了我的心 |
[17:44] | And, uh… well, then. | 好吧 就这样吧 |
[17:49] | Oh, as if I don’t have enough problems, Catherine, | 我的头疼事还不够多吗 凯瑟琳 |
[17:51] | you give me the duke’s stolen gold. | 你竟然把公爵的金币偷来给了我 |
[17:56] | My wife’s personal effects can be unpacked at a later time. | 一会儿再收拾我妻子的个人物品 |
[18:06] | Do you still have nothing to say to your husband? | 你对你的丈夫还是无话可说吗 |
[18:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:10] | – It’s been a long day for me. – For you? | -我这一天过得太累了 -你累 |
[18:12] | You forced me to stand at the altar while you grieved. | 不得不跟黑着一张脸的你站在祭坛上 |
[18:16] | It was appalling. | 简直太可怕了 |
[18:17] | Your family was right to hide you. | 你的家族就该把你藏起来 |
[18:19] | You’re an embarrassment. | 你让家族蒙羞 |
[18:20] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[18:22] | I… I wasn’t trying to make you uncomfortable. | 我不是故意让你难堪 |
[18:27] | You humiliated me. | 你羞辱了我 |
[18:29] | And to think I paid dearly for this. | 我还为此花了一大笔钱 |
[18:31] | A wife who cost as much as you should be better behaved. | 一个花这么多钱买来的妻子应该表现得好点 |
[18:35] | You will apologize. | 你必须道歉 |
[18:38] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[18:50] | How dare you?! | 你好大的胆子 |
[18:52] | It’s bad enough you’re old and dull, | 你又老又无趣已经够糟的了 |
[18:53] | but you’re a wife-beater, too? | 竟然还打老婆 |
[18:55] | Have you any idea how lucky you are to be married to me? | 你知不知道能娶我你是三生有幸 |
[18:57] | This is not how you treat the royal blood of France! | 你就这么对待法国王室成员的 |
[19:05] | I’m a princess! | 我可是公主 |
[19:14] | Set that down anywhere, Timothy. | 把东西放那吧 蒂莫西 |
[19:19] | Thank you, Timothy. | 谢谢你 蒂莫西 |
[19:20] | You may go. | 下去吧 |
[19:26] | Clearly, you’re not surprised to see this gold. | 很显然 你早就料到会看到这些金币 |
[19:29] | Do you have any idea what this could have done to me? | 你知不知道这会对我造成什么影响 |
[19:31] | Catherine, you know that I am in a weak position politically, | 凯瑟琳 你知道我现在的政治地位风雨飘摇 |
[19:35] | already unwelcome at Narcisse’s court… | 纳西斯的宫廷不欢迎我… |
[19:37] | I know and I’m sorry. | 我明白而且很抱歉 |
[19:38] | It’s not just my comfort that’s at stake here! | 这不仅仅关乎我的安危 |
[19:41] | As long as I am at French court, | 只要我还在法国宫廷一日 |
[19:42] | I am seen as an ally of France. | 我就是法国的联盟 |
[19:45] | That and the Pope’s support are all I have left | 我只剩下法国和教皇的支持 |
[19:48] | to fend off Elizabeth | 来对抗伊丽莎白 |
[19:49] | and to fight the rebels who are trying to snatch my crown! | 来对抗想要夺走我王位的敌人 |
[19:52] | The rebels that I am fighting | 我在对抗的敌人 |
[19:53] | have not only stolen my crown, | 不仅已经夺走了我的王位 |
[19:55] | they’re starting to pick off my children. | 还开始针对我的孩子 |
[19:56] | Charles has been seduced by Narcisse | 查尔斯已经被纳西斯引诱了 |
[19:59] | and Claude has been married off. | 克劳德被嫁出去了 |
[20:01] | Is it not possible that Narcisse is just trying to do his job? | 纳西斯说不定只是想尽他的职责 |
[20:04] | Do you honestly think that, having held power, | 你真心觉得 等我儿子成年了 |
[20:07] | that Narcisse and his friends will surrender it willingly | 已经大权在握的纳西斯和他的党羽 |
[20:09] | when my son comes of age? | 会心甘情愿地放权吗 |
[20:11] | Make no mistake: | 别犯傻了 |
[20:13] | a movement will rise to make Narcisse king, | 一定会有一场支持纳西斯称王的暴动 |
[20:17] | and their first task will be to cut off the heads | 他们的首要任务 就是把瓦卢瓦家的血脉 |
[20:20] | of every last Valois child. | 全部杀掉 |
[20:22] | So to safeguard your children’s lives, | 所以为了保护你孩子的性命 |
[20:24] | you gambled mine. | 你搭上了我的命 |
[20:26] | I tried and I failed | 我试图阻止克劳德结婚 |
[20:27] | to stop Claude’s marriage the only way I could. | 但我已经失败了 这是我唯一的办法 |
[20:29] | I knew that Narcisse would look to me first for the gold. | 我知道纳西斯会先到我这找丢失的金子 |
[20:32] | When I needed a place to hide it, | 当我想找个地方藏起来的时候 |
[20:34] | your chambers were the closest I could visit | 你的卧室是离我最近的 |
[20:36] | without arousing suspicion. | 我能去而不被怀疑的地方 |
[20:38] | Well, thank you, for the truth at last. | 谢谢你 总算告诉我真相了 |
[20:42] | You now have your gold, | 现在我把金子给你 |
[20:44] | – and whatever you plan to do with it… – I… | -不管你想用它们做什么 -我 |
[20:46] | …which I don’t want to know– | 我可不想知道 |
[20:48] | I hope your reasons are good. | 我希望你是出于好意 |
[20:59] | Ellen. | 艾伦 |
[21:00] | Sister. | 姐姐 |
[21:01] | So good to see you. | 见到你真是太好了 |
[21:04] | My husband, Lord Thomas Campbell. | 我的丈夫 托马斯·坎贝尔勋爵 |
[21:07] | Good to finally meet you. | 终于见到你们了 |
[21:09] | I thought you were further along. | 我以为你的肚子会更大呢 |
[21:11] | I’ve made mine too big, and-and the silly rags keep falling out. | 我把假肚子弄得太大了 布都快露出来了 |
[21:14] | No, no, it’s perfect. | 没有 这样很好 |
[21:16] | Let’s sit down. | 我们坐下聊吧 |
[21:18] | You’ll live in a nearby estate | 你们会住在附近的一处房子中 |
[21:19] | that I’ve rented under Thomas’ name. | 我会以托马斯的名义租给你们 |
[21:21] | If you make a few appearances at French court, | 如果你能在法国宫廷中露几次面 |
[21:24] | show off your pregnancy, | 显示你已经怀孕了 |
[21:25] | no one should suspect the child is mine and not yours. | 没有人会怀疑这孩子不是你的 |
[21:28] | But where will you be while your belly grows? | 那你怀孕期间呆在哪儿呢 |
[21:31] | Here, where I can hide if I need to. | 这里 如果需要的话我可以藏起来 |
[21:33] | This estate you’ve rented, | 你租下的这处房产 |
[21:35] | is it befitting a family of our good name? | 和我们家族的名誉相称吗 |
[21:37] | It belonged to a wealthy earl. | 它曾属于一个富有的伯爵 |
[21:39] | You’ll be quite comfortable. | 你们会很舒适的 |
[21:42] | Why don’t you sample some of Greer’s ale, Thomas? | 你为什么不尝尝葛瑞尔的麦芽酒 托马斯 |
[21:49] | Sorry about Thomas. | 我替托马斯道歉 |
[21:51] | After we lost the money for our dowries | 自从我们失去了你丈夫 |
[21:53] | that your husband had promised, | 要给我们的嫁妆钱之后 |
[21:54] | Father was happy to marry us off to anyone with titles. | 父亲就愿意把我们嫁给有贵族头衔的任何人 |
[21:58] | Titled men have such ridiculous pride, | 贵族有一种荒唐的骄傲 |
[22:00] | even when they haven’t got a penny to their names. | 即便在身无分文的时候 |
[22:04] | Thomas doesn’t understand | 托马斯不明白 |
[22:06] | why we can’t raise the child in Scotland. | 我们为什么不能在苏格兰把孩子养大 |
[22:08] | I want the child growing up close to me. | 我希望孩子能在我身边长大 |
[22:10] | He or she will believe that you are its mother, but… | 他或她会认为你是它的母亲 但… |
[22:12] | Won’t that be painful for you? | 那对你来说不会很痛苦吗 |
[22:14] | Not as painful as never seeing it. | 不如一辈子见不到他痛苦 |
[22:18] | What is it? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 有什么事 |
[22:19] | I suppose we feel… | 我想我们觉得 |
[22:22] | Here you are, about to lie to your friends at court | 你决定要对你宫廷中的朋友说谎 |
[22:25] | to hide your pregnancy and hide your motherhood. | 隐藏你怀孕的事实 |
[22:28] | It feels as if we’re all paying for your mistakes. | 感觉我们都在为你犯的错误买单 |
[22:30] | My mistakes? | 我犯的错 |
[22:31] | I lost everything. | 我失去了一切 |
[22:33] | And, yes, I got pregnant | 没错 我怀孕了 |
[22:35] | in a moment of loneliness and thoughtlessness, | 这是为我一时的孤单和轻率 |
[22:38] | for which I am paying. | 所付的代价 |
[22:40] | I’m paying your expenses. | 我给你钱 |
[22:42] | I’m giving you the child you weren’t able to have on your own | 给你你自己无法获得的孩子 |
[22:44] | whilst you live in a house your husband can’t afford. | 同时让你住在你丈夫支付不起的房子里 |
[22:47] | And here’s what I and this child’s father expect to get: | 而我和孩子的父亲想要得到的是 |
[22:51] | our child raised the way you and I should have been raised. | 我们的孩子会得到你我本应得到的抚养 |
[22:55] | The world may continue to care who one’s parents are, | 也许这个世界还是会在意一个人的出身 |
[22:58] | but our child will not. | 但我们的孩子不会 |
[23:01] | They will grow up knowing | 他们长大之后会知道 |
[23:02] | there are more important things in this life. | 生命中有比出身更重要的事情 |
[23:05] | And if this child doesn’t learn that from you, | 如果我的孩子没有从你那里学到这些 |
[23:07] | I will be there to make damn sure they learn it from me. | 我要在旁边确保他们从我这里学到 |
[23:21] | Shopping for toys for your daughter, are you? | 在给你女儿买玩具吗 |
[23:23] | Have you heard something from England? | 英格兰那边有消息了吗 |
[23:25] | Well, the queen is happy, yes. | 是的 女王很满意 |
[23:27] | Seems Jeffrey reported our… evening together. | 似乎杰弗里汇报了我们共度春宵 |
[23:31] | Now Elizabeth’s considering dates | 现在伊丽莎白女王在考虑 |
[23:33] | when I might be allowed to travel home. | 也许哪天会允许我回家 |
[23:37] | Gideon, that’s wonderful news, isn’t it? | 吉迪恩 这是好消息不是吗 |
[23:40] | You’ll be able to see your daughter again. | 你又能见到你女儿了 |
[23:42] | And you can help my friend, Lady Lola. | 你也能帮助我的朋友 萝拉小姐 |
[23:43] | “Considering,” Elizabeth says. | 她说的只是”考虑” |
[23:45] | I “Might be” Allowed to come home? | “也许”会允许我回家 |
[23:46] | These are the same vague promises I’ve heard for years. | 这样模棱两可的许诺我已经听了很多年了 |
[23:49] | So she acts as though she’s keeping her promise | 所以她表现得像是会遵守诺言 |
[23:52] | just by admitting she made one. | 其实只是承认她许下了诺言 |
[23:55] | How many lies and deceits does she expect people to accept? | 她还指望人们接受多少谎言与欺骗 |
[23:58] | In my case, not many more. | 就我而言 不会再有很多了 |
[24:00] | I’m at my limit, Mary. | 我已经到了极限 玛丽 |
[24:01] | If I don’t see my daughter soon, i feel I may lose my mind. | 如果我再不见到我女儿 我会失去理智 |
[24:44] | Majesty. | 陛下 |
[24:46] | Have you any news? | 有任何消息吗 |
[24:47] | Have we heard from Sweden? | 瑞典那边有消息吗 |
[24:50] | From Austria? | 澳大利亚呢 |
[24:51] | It’s not what you hoped. | 情况并不如你所愿 |
[24:53] | Suddenly no one wants to marry me. | 突然没有人愿意娶我了 |
[24:55] | People are suspicious, Majesty, after so many spurned proposals. | 人们很怀疑 陛下 您拒绝了那么多求婚 |
[25:00] | Perhaps if you told me why marriage was suddenly so important. | 也许您愿意告诉我为何突然想结婚了 |
[25:04] | The queen changed her mind. | 女王改变主意了 |
[25:06] | How about that? | 这个理由怎么样 |
[25:08] | But if I am to explain | 但如果我需要 |
[25:10] | your policy shift to prospective suitors… | 向未来的求婚者解释您改变主意了 |
[25:12] | Perhaps I realized you were right all along. | 也许我该明白你一直都是对的 |
[25:15] | And for the future, please tell Dudley | 至于以后 请告诉达德利 |
[25:17] | he cannot come and go undetected, as he seems to think. | 他不能再私自出入 还以为没人发现 |
[25:21] | If I thought I’d see him again, I would tell him. | 如果我还能再见到他 我会转达的 |
[25:24] | Now leave me. | 退下吧 |
[25:47] | Narcisse. What are you doing here? | 纳西斯 你在这做什么 |
[25:48] | I hope you don’t mind, | 我希望你不介意 |
[25:49] | but we took the liberty of searching your chambers, | 但我们在搜查你的房间 |
[25:51] | which are our chambers after all, | 不过说到底这也是我们的房间 |
[25:53] | loaned to you as our guest. | 只是在你做客期间暂借给你 |
[25:55] | Did you find what you were looking for? | 你找到要找的东西了吗 |
[26:03] | You don’t know the hand, perhaps, | 也许你不认识这只手 |
[26:04] | but you do know the man it belonged to. | 但你认识它的主人 |
[26:06] | Timothy, castle servant who tended to you from time to time. | 蒂莫西 不时照顾你的城堡仆人 |
[26:10] | Timothy tried to spend a gold coin in the village. | 蒂莫西试图在村里花一枚金币 |
[26:12] | My men had told the merchants to look out for such coins, | 我手下已经告诉商人们留意这种 |
[26:15] | ones bearing Duke Boinel’s markings. | 刻着伯尼尔公爵印记的金币 |
[26:18] | So this servant stole the duke’s gold? | 所以是这个仆人偷了公爵的金币 |
[26:20] | “This servant” that you pretend not to know | 这个你假装不认识的”仆人” |
[26:22] | was on his way to me for questioning. | 当时在去被我审问的路上 |
[26:24] | Is that when you cut off his hand? | 你就是那时砍下了他的手吗 |
[26:26] | No, his hand was cut off by the village magistrates | 不 他的手是被村里的法官砍下的 |
[26:28] | for stealing Crown property. | 因为偷盗皇室财产 |
[26:31] | But that was nothing compared to the punishment he feared | 但这与他若向我吐露实情将受的惩罚相比 |
[26:34] | if he told me the truth. | 根本不足为惧 |
[26:36] | On his way to me for questioning, he broke free, | 在他来接受审问的路上 他挣脱了 |
[26:40] | threw himself off the castle walls, killing himself, | 跳下城堡的墙自杀了 |
[26:43] | because he knew that if he said one word under torture, | 因为他知道如果他在酷刑之下透漏一个字 |
[26:46] | Catherine de Medici would kill not only him | 凯瑟琳·德梅第奇不仅会杀了他 |
[26:48] | but she would kill his entire family. | 还会杀了他整个家族 |
[26:50] | He knew it. | 他知道这点 |
[26:52] | And you know it, too. | 你也知道 |
[26:54] | Lord Narcisse, you claim that the way he died proves | 纳西斯大人 你声称他的自杀 |
[26:57] | that Catherine had a part in the crime. | 证明了凯瑟琳与此事相关 |
[26:59] | And somehow I’m involved as well. | 而我也与此相关 |
[27:01] | Don’t play coy with me, Mary, I’m warning you. | 别跟我兜圈子 玛丽 我警告你 |
[27:04] | I can’t help you because I don’t know where the gold is. | 我没法帮你 因为我不知道金币在哪儿 |
[27:08] | I had no part in stealing it. | 我没有参与 |
[27:10] | Now please leave my chambers. | 请离开我的房间 |
[27:12] | No, I think it will be you who leaves. | 不 恐怕是你要离开了 |
[27:16] | What? | 什么 |
[27:17] | I don’t trust you, Mary, Queen of Scots, and I never will, | 我不相信你 苏格兰玛丽女王 以后也不会 |
[27:20] | and I will not have you lurking around French court any longer. | 我不会再让你留在法国宫廷了 |
[27:24] | You are hereby banished from this castle, | 你被驱逐出这座城堡 |
[27:26] | to be gone by the end of the week. | 这周之内离开 |
[27:28] | No. | 不 |
[27:29] | My nation is turned against me, I have nowhere to go. | 我的国家正在反对我 我无处可去 |
[27:31] | You can’t. | 你不能这么做 |
[27:32] | Charles won’t allow it. | 查尔斯不会同意的 |
[27:34] | Oh, once he hears the case I have to make, | 等他听到我的汇报 |
[27:36] | I’m quite sure he will. | 我相信他会的 |
[27:52] | We got word that Claude ran away from Boinel. | 我们听说克劳德从伯尼尔伯爵那儿逃走 |
[27:55] | My men picked her up on the road to Paris. | 我的手下在她去巴黎的路上接到了她 |
[27:59] | You’re not going to like what you see, Charles. | 你不会喜欢你即将看到的 查尔斯 |
[28:01] | Our sister has not been treated well. | 我们的亲人没有受到好的对待 |
[28:17] | Why didn’t you come to me? | 你为什么不来找我 |
[28:18] | Why did you run to Paris? | 而是跑去巴黎 |
[28:20] | I didn’t know what you would say. | 我不知道你会怎么说 |
[28:21] | Because you couldn’t trust me to help? | 因为你不相信我会帮你 |
[28:23] | I’m so sorry, Claude. This is all my fault. | 对不起 克劳德 都是我的错 |
[28:25] | I blamed you for forcing the marriage. | 我是怪你强迫我结婚 |
[28:28] | This… you couldn’t have known. | 但这些…你不可能知道 |
[28:32] | It’s Narcisse. | 是纳西斯 |
[28:33] | This is all Narcisse. | 全都是纳西斯干的 |
[28:36] | Either he didn’t know who the duke really was, | 要么他不知道公爵的真面目 |
[28:40] | or he did and lied. | 要么他明知如此还撒谎 |
[28:42] | Mother warned me Narcisse would put his own interests | 母亲警告过我纳西斯会把他个人利益 |
[28:44] | ahead of this family’s. | 放在我们家族利益之前 |
[28:46] | She was right. | 她是对的 |
[28:48] | Please don’t make me go back to that man. | 请不要再让我回到那个人身边 |
[28:50] | Did you consummate the marriage? | 你们圆房了吗 |
[28:51] | Good God, no. | 当然没有 |
[28:55] | I’ll fix this. | 我会弥补的 |
[28:57] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[28:58] | King Charles has annulled his sister’s marriage | 查尔斯国王宣布他妹妹的婚姻无效 |
[29:02] | at the urging of the queen mother. | 这是太后的要求 |
[29:05] | Catherine’s act of defiance cannot be tolerated. | 我们不能容忍凯瑟琳的公然挑战 |
[29:10] | I’m told a council meeting was called, | 我听说召开了参议会 |
[29:12] | but no one informed or invited me. Why? | 却没人通知或邀请我 为什么 |
[29:14] | It’s a meeting to discuss your family, Majesty. | 因为会议主题是您的家族 陛下 |
[29:17] | I felt it best that we formulate recommendations | 我觉得在您参与之前 |
[29:19] | – before involving you. – Good. | -我们先递交建议书比较好 -好啊 |
[29:21] | I want to discuss my family as well | 我也想谈谈我的家族事宜 |
[29:23] | and what you have done to it. | 以及你对我们干的事 |
[29:24] | Majesty, with all due respect… | 陛下 恕我冒昧… |
[29:26] | Why don’t you show my son the respect | 你就这么打断我儿子的话 |
[29:28] | of allowing him to finish whatever it is he has to say? | 就不知道放尊重一点吗 |
[29:31] | I may not be old enough to rule, | 也许我还太过年轻无法掌权 |
[29:33] | but I am old enough to know who I can trust. | 但我知道谁可以相信 |
[29:36] | Lord Narcisse put my sister at risk, | 纳西斯伯爵置我姐姐于危险当中 |
[29:38] | and I cannot forgive this. | 这我无法原谅 |
[29:39] | Majesty, please, you can’t judge Lord Narcisse | 陛下 您不能因为一次失败的联姻 |
[29:42] | on a single failed union. | 就对纳西斯大人下如此判断 |
[29:44] | Bad marriages happen every day. | 不幸的婚姻比比皆是 |
[29:45] | Not to my sister. | 在我姐姐身上就不行 |
[29:46] | Not while I’m King. | 我是国王就不允许 |
[29:49] | I’ve known Narcisse long enough | 我认识纳西斯的时间已经够久了 |
[29:50] | to see I can’t trust him to safeguard my family. | 足够我明白我不能信任他来守护我的家族 |
[29:53] | That is why I’m here today, | 这就是今天我来的原因 |
[29:55] | to ask you to put in his place a regent who will. | 要你们承认一个可以做到这点的摄政王 |
[29:59] | Because she is part of my family. | 因为她是家族的一员 |
[30:01] | My mother, Catherine de Medici. | 我的母亲 凯瑟琳·德梅第奇 |
[30:07] | But, Majesty, it’s not your place to decide who is regent. | 但是陛下 您现在还不能决定摄政王人选 |
[30:11] | No, it’s yours. | 没错 这是你们的权力 |
[30:13] | Which is why I remind you that, while you hold your power today, | 所以我才要提醒你们 虽然你们现在有权 |
[30:17] | in a few short years, I will have come into all my power. | 但短短几年之后 我会得到所有权力 |
[30:21] | And I will remember what happened today, | 而我会记住今天所发生的一切 |
[30:24] | who showed me their friendship, | 记住谁表现了忠诚 |
[30:28] | who didn’t. | 而谁没有 |
[30:30] | My son has caught me off guard with this, truly. | 我儿子事先并未告知我 |
[30:34] | And I can see that there is a deep fondness for Lord Narcisse. | 我知道大家都很喜爱纳西斯伯爵 |
[30:37] | Know that I will honor this. | 若我掌权 |
[30:39] | I will allow him to stay on the privy council. | 我会允许他留在枢密院 |
[30:41] | I still don’t like it. | 我还是不愿意 |
[30:42] | It’s a coup by another name. | 这是变相政变 |
[30:43] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[30:47] | A coup by the king, do you mean? | 你是说 这是国王发起的政变吗 |
[30:54] | So shall we vote or have more discussion? | 我们是要投票还是要再讨论呢 |
[30:58] | Personally, I’m in the mood for a vote. | 我个人比较喜欢马上投票 |
[31:01] | No countries have offered so far, | 还没有国家给出邀请 |
[31:03] | but I’ve found various French nobles who might take you in. | 但我发现一些法国贵族愿意接纳你 |
[31:07] | They’ll have to have large enough courts | 他们必须有足够大的大厅 |
[31:09] | that I can entertain any potential suitors | 这样我才能举办合适的仪式 |
[31:11] | with ceremony. | 接待以后的追求者 |
[31:15] | I have to make a powerful marriage alliance. | 我必须有强大的联姻 |
[31:18] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[31:19] | You won’t believe it. | 你不会相信的 |
[31:21] | Charles… | 查尔斯 |
[31:21] | …he did it. | 他做到了 |
[31:22] | I should leave you alone. | 我先下去吧 |
[31:24] | Uh, Catherine, what’s going on? | 凯瑟琳 发生什么事了 |
[31:27] | I am regent. | 我是摄政王了 |
[31:30] | How? | 怎么会 |
[31:32] | Charles, he was incensed by what happened to Claude. | 查尔斯 她被克劳德的遭遇激怒了 |
[31:34] | He lost all faith in Narcisse. | 他完全失去了对纳西斯的信任 |
[31:36] | This was his decision. I just… | 这是他的决定 我只是… |
[31:38] | I stood there. | 只是站在那里而已 |
[31:40] | I let the crown settle on my head. | 皇冠就这么掉到了我头上 |
[31:43] | That’s wonderful, Catherine. | 太好了 凯瑟琳 |
[31:44] | Oh, no, it’s much better than that. | 不 比这事还好 |
[31:46] | We’re safe again, all of us. | 我们又安全了 我们所有人 |
[31:48] | My children, my family’s rule, | 我的孩子们 我家族的统治 |
[31:50] | and you, my dear friend. | 还有你 我亲爱的朋友 |
[31:53] | You have been there for me time and again, | 你屡次帮助支持我 |
[31:54] | and I will be there for you. | 我也会帮助你的 |
[31:56] | It’s a bit late for that, I think. | 有点迟了吧 |
[31:58] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous. | 别说笑了 |
[31:59] | No, unpack these trunks. | 把行李都拆开吧 |
[32:02] | You think I’m gonna let Narcisse banish you? | 你觉得我会让纳西斯驱逐你吗 |
[32:05] | Don’t you have something to drink in here? | 你这里没有酒吗 |
[32:06] | Where is it? | 在哪呢 |
[32:09] | We have to celebrate. | 我们要庆祝一下 |
[32:14] | Now that we’re all safe, | 现在我们安全了 |
[32:15] | can you tell me what happened to all that gold? | 你能告诉我金子是怎么回事吗 |
[32:20] | You know what, my dear, you were right the first time. | 亲爱的 你这次说对了 |
[32:24] | It’s better you don’t know. | 这事你不知道最好 |
[32:27] | I should start by apologizing for my… | 我要为我们相见那天 |
[32:30] | abruptness the day we met. | 我的无理而道歉 |
[32:33] | These are complicated times. | 这是个复杂的时代 |
[32:36] | But if this kind of personal diplomacy | 但若是这种私人外交 |
[32:39] | can bring an understanding | 可以带来我们两国之间的理解 |
[32:41] | between our two countries, is it not worth trying? | 难道不值得一试吗 |
[32:44] | I would like to see it succeed as much as you, Majesty. | 我和你一样希望这样能成功 陛下 |
[32:48] | Possibly more so. | 可能比你更为迫切 |
[32:50] | Because of your captured family, of course. | 因为你被捕的家人 当然了 |
[32:54] | Royals have such a strange sense of family, don’t you think? | 皇室内的亲情是很陌生的 你不觉得吗 |
[32:58] | My father cut off my mother’s head. | 我父亲砍下了我母亲的头 |
[33:01] | My sister jailed me | 我的姐姐监禁了我 |
[33:03] | as a threat to her rule. | 因我是她王位的威胁 |
[33:05] | And you, | 还有你 |
[33:06] | you have a king’s bastard for a son. | 你有国王的私生子 |
[33:09] | If you mean to impugn my character, | 如果你想攻击我 |
[33:11] | do not bring my son into it. | 别把我儿子也扯进来 |
[33:13] | He is the joy of my life. | 他是我一生的喜悦 |
[33:17] | Even with all the upheaval he brought? | 就算他带来了这么多剧变吗 |
[33:21] | You never regretted your pregnancy? | 你从未后悔生下他吗 |
[33:23] | Not from the moment he was born. | 从他出生开始就没有后悔过 |
[33:32] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[33:35] | I-I could send for help. | 我去叫人 |
[33:37] | No. | 不用 |
[33:38] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[33:56] | Wait. | 等等 |
[33:58] | We’re in the wrong place. A thousand apologies. | 我们估计错了 抱歉 |
[34:01] | No, you’re in the right place. | 不 你估计对了 |
[34:06] | I know how you feel about loose ends, Your Grace. | 我知道你对遗留问题的看法 陛下 |
[34:09] | Don’t be absurd. | 别说笑了 |
[34:10] | I’ve come to pay you, as promised. | 我是照约定来给钱的 |
[34:12] | And why do you need all the archers behind those trees? | 那你又何必在树后藏着弓箭手呢 |
[34:18] | For my own security. | 为了保护我自己的安全 |
[34:20] | A regent can face many threats, | 摄政王可能面临很多威胁 |
[34:22] | from soldiers to assassins as well as loose ends. | 从士兵到刺客 当然还有遗留问题 |
[34:26] | You should advise them not to loose. | 你应该建议他们早点解决的 |
[34:28] | We don’t want a bloodbath. | 我们可不想看到大屠杀 |
[34:39] | All I want is my gold. | 我只想要回我的金子 |
[34:41] | Well, your gold, in truth. | 实际上 是你的金子 |
[34:45] | You did earn it. | 你的确赚到了 |
[34:46] | You played your part well. | 你演得很好 |
[34:49] | Though you might not have hit my daughter so hard. | 我以为你不会那么用力打我女儿 |
[34:51] | I’ve never struck a woman before. | 我之前从没打过女人 |
[34:53] | But you said it needed to be done | 但你说需要我那样做 |
[34:54] | to enrage your son and turn him firmly against Narcisse. | 来激怒你的儿子 让他坚定地与纳西斯反目 |
[34:57] | I suppose I don’t need to reproach you. | 那看来我不用责备你 |
[34:59] | Claude did that well enough on her own. | 克劳德自己就做得很好 |
[35:02] | Oh, don’t forget the rest of our deal. | 不要忘记协议剩余的部分 |
[35:06] | I want those vineyards as part of my duchy. | 我的公爵封地内要包括那些葡萄园 |
[35:08] | You shall have them. | 没问题 |
[35:09] | Hear this, Catherine– I swear on my life | 凯瑟琳 我以自己的性命发誓 |
[35:12] | that I shall stay far away and stay silent. | 我会远离这里 保守秘密 |
[35:15] | You’ll have no reason to send your assassins. | 你不用派人来刺杀我 |
[35:17] | Very well. | 很好 |
[35:19] | On your life. | 以你的性命发誓 |
[35:27] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[35:29] | We can’t be seen together. | 不能让别人看到我们在一起 |
[35:32] | I had to come, as soon as I heard you’d been poisoned. | 我听说你中毒了 所以必须前来 |
[35:37] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[35:38] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[35:41] | It was awful. | 很严重 |
[35:44] | The pain. | 那种疼痛 |
[35:48] | When I realized I was having a miscarriage, | 我意识到自己要流产时 |
[35:51] | I had to find someplace private to let it come out. | 不得不找个私密的地方流掉孩子 |
[35:53] | Where no one would find me | 不能让人找到我 |
[35:56] | or see the blood. | 不能让人看到那血 |
[35:57] | And then afterwards, I had to clean it… | 之后我还得自己清理… |
[36:05] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[36:09] | Someone did this to me. | 有人害我 |
[36:12] | Out of hate. | 因为恨我 |
[36:15] | Someone emboldened, knowing the entire country felt the same way. | 有个大胆的人 并且知道全国人民也这么想 |
[36:20] | But William tells me that the tribunal ended in a deadlock. | 但是威廉告诉我裁决最后没有结果 |
[36:26] | And that you’re free. | 你自由了 |
[36:30] | There was enough doubt | 我怀疑他们 |
[36:31] | that they didn’t put me to trial. | 根本没有审判我 |
[36:34] | It’s not quite the same as being innocent. | 这跟清白是不同的 |
[36:37] | What kind of doubt? | 何种怀疑 |
[36:38] | Doubt about Amy. | 关于艾米的 |
[36:41] | Her odd behavior. Others saw it. | 她奇怪的行为 其他人看到了 |
[36:43] | There were no witnesses. | 没有目击证人 |
[36:46] | Then you are free. | 那你自由了 |
[36:47] | But I’m not free to be with you. | 但我还是无法跟你在一起 |
[36:49] | They still hate us, Elizabeth. | 他们还是恨我们 伊丽莎白 |
[36:53] | Not just the nobles, but the people, your people. | 不仅是贵族 还有人民 你的人民 |
[36:57] | They blame me for tarnishing your reputation. | 他们责怪我玷污了你的名声 |
[37:01] | Linking you to Amy’s death. | 责怪我让你跟艾米的死有了牵连 |
[37:03] | You have to move past this. | 你必须走过这一劫 |
[37:06] | You have to make them forget it. | 你必须让他们忘记这件事 |
[37:08] | And you can’t do that with me by your side. | 而有我在你身边 你无法做到 |
[37:12] | Amy is dead. | 艾米已经死了 |
[37:15] | Our baby is gone. | 我们的孩子没有了 |
[37:18] | And to what end? | 这一切有何意义 |
[37:20] | We are lost to each other. | 我们还是无法拥有彼此 |
[37:24] | It is a fact I will grieve for the rest of my life. | 我余生都会在悲痛中度过 |
[37:31] | As will I. | 我也是 |
[37:35] | I’ll always love you, Elizabeth. | 我会永远爱你 伊丽莎白 |
[37:38] | Always. | 永远 |
[37:43] | Claude. | 克劳德 |
[37:44] | My Lord, | 天啊 |
[37:46] | oh, you look awful. | 你样子好糟糕 |
[37:47] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[37:48] | I’m sorry. I-I should’ve been here sooner. | 对不起 我应该快点过来的 |
[37:50] | I should’ve been there. I should’ve protected you. | 我应该过去保护你的 |
[37:52] | Leith, you idiot. | 利思 你个笨蛋 |
[37:54] | You did protect me. | 你已经保护了我 |
[37:55] | You think I look awful, you should see Boinel. | 你还说我样子糟糕 你应该看看伯尼尔 |
[37:58] | I gave as good as I got. | 我使出了全身的力气 |
[38:00] | Three quick jabs to the stomach, one to the throat. | 朝他肚子上猛击了三下 脖子上猛击了一下 |
[38:03] | Just like you showed me. | 就跟你教我的一样 |
[38:04] | Did he drop? | 他倒下了吗 |
[38:05] | Like a drunk uncle. | 跟喝得酩酊大醉一样 |
[38:08] | So… | 所以 |
[38:09] | I’m free, | 我自由了 |
[38:10] | unwed, and home again. | 恢复自由身 又回家了 |
[38:13] | Until when? | 自由到何时 |
[38:15] | Charles swore he would never force me to marry after this. | 查尔斯发誓说这之后绝对不会强迫我嫁人了 |
[38:19] | It can be like this for as long as we want. | 我们可以永远这样下去了 |
[38:21] | No. There’s only one true way | 不 只有一个方法 |
[38:24] | to protect you from having to marry someone you don’t want. | 可以保护你永远不用嫁给你不想嫁的人 |
[38:28] | Marry me. | 嫁给我 |
[38:29] | But, Leith, how? | 利思 怎么嫁 |
[38:32] | I will rise in station until I am a candidate | 我会努力加官进爵 直到我 |
[38:35] | fit to marry a princess. | 有资格娶一位公主 |
[38:39] | I don’t know how I’ll do it, | 我不知道怎么做到 |
[38:41] | but I will. | 但我一定会做到 |
[38:43] | I believe you, my love. | 我相信你 亲爱的 |
[38:45] | I believe you will. | 我相信你能做到 |
[38:53] | Is that all right? | 这样没事吧 |
[38:55] | Yes. | 没事 |
[38:59] | Yes, better still. | 这样更好 |
[39:07] | Your physician says you can travel soon. | 医师说您很快就可以出门了 |
[39:10] | You’ll get the rest you need at your country estate. | 您还需要什么您的庄园会提供 |
[39:13] | I’ll rest much easier when you find out who tried to kill me. | 如果你找出是谁想害我 我会更好 |
[39:16] | The investigation is well under way. | 我已经派人在调查了 |
[39:19] | At the top of my list is Mary and her lady Lola. | 我最怀疑的人是玛丽和萝拉 |
[39:21] | Consider the timing. | 从时间上来看的话 |
[39:23] | I have considered it. | 我想过了 |
[39:25] | Why would Mary risk her friend’s life that way? | 玛丽为什么会那样拿自己朋友的性命冒险 |
[39:29] | Especially when our experiment | 尤其是我们 |
[39:31] | with personal diplomacy is just beginning. | 私人外交的实验才刚刚开始 |
[39:33] | Mary needs peace more than I do. | 玛丽比我更需要和平 |
[39:36] | Then who would you have me focus on? | 那你想让我重点查谁 |
[39:39] | The English did this to me. | 是英格兰人害我的 |
[39:42] | To punish me for daring to love who I want. | 为了惩罚我爱自己想爱的人 |
[39:47] | Perhaps they were right. | 或许他们是对的 |
[39:51] | Perhaps I forgot what it means to be a queen. | 或许是我忘记了作为女王的代价 |
[39:55] | But if I can’t be with who I love, | 但如果我无法和自己爱的人在一起 |
[39:59] | maybe I can give that gift to someone else. | 或许我可以把这份礼物送给别人 |
[40:06] | Oh, I thought I might find you here. | 我就知道你会在这里 |
[40:08] | Thanking your lucky stars? | 感谢你的幸运星吗 |
[40:09] | Thanking them for what? | 为什么感谢它们 |
[40:11] | You haven’t heard? | 你没听说吗 |
[40:12] | I got the news in a letter from Lola today. | 今天萝拉写信告诉我的 |
[40:14] | Elizabeth is keeping her word. | 伊丽莎白要信守诺言 |
[40:16] | Your daughter is coming here. | 你女儿要来这里了 |
[40:18] | Agatha’s coming to France. | 阿加莎要来法国了 |
[40:30] | Gideon, | 吉迪恩 |
[40:31] | no, we can’t. | 我们不能这样 |
[40:32] | I’m sorry. I just, um… | 很抱歉 我… |
[40:33] | We might be friends, | 我们可以做朋友 |
[40:34] | but our countries are still enemies. | 但我们的国家仍是敌人 |
[40:36] | Mm-hmm. | 是 |
[40:36] | It’s one thing to pretend, but to let this be real… | 我们必须假装 一旦成真… |
[40:42] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[40:49] | No. | 不 |