时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | My father cut off my mother’s head. My sister jailed me | 我父亲砍下了我母亲的头 我姐姐监禁了我 |
[00:06] | as a threat to her rule. | 因我是她王位的威胁 |
[00:07] | – Lord Castleroy, – Greer, get back! | -卡斯尔雷大人 -葛瑞尔小心 |
[00:08] | You have been named by another suspect | 有一个嫌疑人提及 |
[00:09] | in the attempted murder of King Francis. | 你涉嫌谋害弗朗西斯国王 |
[00:11] | He’s in prison. He’ll never be free again. | 他入狱了 他一生都将被监禁 |
[00:13] | We have crippling military debts. | 我们身负军事债务 |
[00:16] | France is in debt to her soldiers | 法国欠她那些 |
[00:17] | who fought on Scotland’s behalf. | 为苏格兰而战的士兵的钱 |
[00:19] | Your own father executed 13 knights | 你和父亲处决了十三骑士 |
[00:21] | on the trumped-up charge of heresy. | 虚构的罪名是异端 |
[00:23] | Simply because you couldn’t pay them. | 就因为你们付不起钱吗 |
[00:24] | I am under attack | 我被一群 |
[00:26] | by a rogue group calling themselves the Red Knights. | 自称是红衣骑士的流氓袭击 |
[00:29] | I’m going to ask the Vatican for funds | 我要去向罗马教廷请求拨款 |
[00:30] | to wage war against John Knox. | 向约翰·诺克斯发动战争 |
[00:33] | He is trying to take my country. | 他想夺走我的国家 |
[00:47] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[00:49] | Wait, there’s been a mistake! | 等等 你们搞错了 |
[00:51] | Release the prisoner! | 释放囚犯 |
[00:52] | By my order, Anne Boleyn shall be pardoned! | 我下令赦免安妮·博林 |
[00:54] | Free her at once! | 快放了她 |
[00:56] | I said, release the prisoner! | 我说了释放囚犯 |
[00:58] | By order of the queen! | 这是女王的命令 |
[00:59] | Can no one hear me?! | 没人能听见吗 |
[01:01] | I order this to stop! | 我下令停止 |
[01:02] | Let her go! Mother! | 放了她 母亲 |
[01:05] | Mother! No. | 母亲 不 |
[01:11] | Highness, it’s all right. | 陛下 没事 |
[01:13] | It’s just that dream again. | 只是又做噩梦了 |
[01:15] | No one heard me, did they? | 没人听见吧 |
[01:17] | No, Your Highness. | 没有 陛下 |
[01:18] | Rest easy. | 放宽心 |
[01:28] | General Gaghan, I’m sorry to tell you | 加汉将军 很遗憾地告诉你 |
[01:30] | the threat is very grave. | 威胁非常严重 |
[01:32] | That is why I traded the English ambassador | 所以我用英格兰大使 |
[01:34] | for your release. | 交换了你 |
[01:35] | A small but ruthless group | 冷酷无情的一小部分 |
[01:36] | of anarchists have been staging attacks against the Crown. | 无政府主义者在筹划对国王的袭击 |
[01:39] | And until we know more, | 在我们了解更多情况之前 |
[01:40] | we need the French army to secure the throne. | 我们需要法国军队保护王位 |
[01:43] | Well, as soon as my soldiers are fully paid | 只要我的士兵获得了 |
[01:45] | for their service in Scotland, | 上苏格兰战场的全部酬劳 |
[01:47] | I’m sure they will join me and the other generals | 他们肯定会加入我和其他将军 |
[01:49] | – in putting down any threat. – Which will be soon. | -镇压一切威胁 -很快就会付 |
[01:51] | They will receive partial payment right away. | 他们现在就将获得部分酬劳 |
[01:53] | In the interim… | 在过渡时期 |
[01:54] | Majesty, there can be no interim or partial payment. | 陛下 不能有过渡时期或者部分酬劳 |
[01:58] | I was godfather to Francis | 我是弗朗西斯的教父 |
[02:00] | and would give my life freely, but my soldiers… | 我愿意献出我的生命 但我的士兵 |
[02:03] | Will desert if they are not paid. | 如果没拿到钱 就会擅离职守 |
[02:06] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[02:08] | How about this? | 这样如何 |
[02:09] | We show the generals and their men | 我们向将军和士兵显示 |
[02:11] | how deeply we value their service | 我们有多重视他们的效忠 |
[02:13] | by holding a feast in their honor. | 为他们举行一次宴会 |
[02:15] | Majesty, you’re very kind, | 陛下 你真善良 |
[02:17] | but know that a wealthy Greek prince | 但是要知道一名富裕的希腊王子 |
[02:19] | is coming to France in two weeks to raise an army– | 两周内就将来法国招募军队 |
[02:22] | with gold in hand. | 他手里可是有金子的 |
[02:27] | Meaning our men will desert and join him as mercenaries. | 也就是说我们的士兵会弃国 加入他的雇佣兵 |
[02:31] | Then tell your generals | 那就告诉将军们 |
[02:33] | they will receive the money their men are owed, | 他们将获得士兵应得的酬劳 |
[02:36] | at the feast, in two weeks’ time. | 就在两周后的宴会上 |
[02:38] | The generals will be very pleased. | 将军们会很高兴的 |
[02:41] | – General Gaghan. – Majesty. Good to see you. | -加汉将军 -陛下 很高兴见到你 |
[02:48] | I heard what you said. | 我听到了他的话 |
[02:49] | Why didn’t you tell him | 你为什么不告诉他 |
[02:50] | those anarchists are the Red Knights? | 那些无政府主义者是红衣骑士 |
[02:51] | And remind him we killed | 提醒他我们杀了 |
[02:52] | the last group of soldiers we couldn’t pay? | 我们付不起钱的最后一群士兵吗 |
[02:55] | No. | 不行 |
[02:59] | First we pay the army, then we crush the Red Knights. | 首先我们付给军队钱 然后镇压红衣骑士 |
[03:02] | But we don’t have the money. | 但我们没钱 |
[03:04] | We will. | 我们会有的 |
[03:05] | If you look hard enough, there is always an answer. | 如果你仔细寻找 一切总有答案 |
[03:09] | What do you mean, the answer is no? | 你说不是什么意思 |
[03:13] | France needs the Vatican’s help, as you well know. | 你很清楚 法国需要罗马教廷的帮助 |
[03:16] | You’re punishing me, aren’t you? | 你在惩罚我 对吧 |
[03:18] | – Not at all. – You’re angry | -完全没有 -你很生气 |
[03:20] | that we traded Gideon Blackburn | 我们用吉迪恩·布莱克 |
[03:22] | to Elizabeth for a vital French general. | 跟伊丽莎白交换了一个重要的法国将军 |
[03:25] | Rome simply doesn’t have the resources to help France. | 罗马没有帮助法国的资源 |
[03:28] | Nonsense. | 胡扯 |
[03:29] | You wanted the English ambassador killed | 你想让英格兰大使死 |
[03:32] | because he foiled your plot | 因为他阻止了你 |
[03:33] | to put a Catholic king on England’s throne | 让天主教国王登上英格兰王位 |
[03:36] | in place of the queen standing before you. | 取代站在你面前的女王的计划 |
[03:38] | That was never our goal. | 那从来不是我们的目标 |
[03:40] | Mary, you’ve always been | 玛丽 在罗马眼里 |
[03:41] | the true Queen of Scotland and England | 你一直是苏格兰和英格兰的 |
[03:43] | in the eyes of Rome. | 真正女王 |
[03:44] | Now, if only Rome could give me | 如果罗马可以少给我 |
[03:46] | a few less words of encouragement | 一些鼓励的话 |
[03:47] | and a few more soldiers, | 多给一些士兵 |
[03:49] | I might actually be able to take my country back | 我也许能从新教徒约翰·诺克斯 |
[03:51] | from rebels like the Protestant John Knox. | 这种反叛者手里夺回祖国 |
[03:53] | Our forces are now in Turkey, | 我们的军队现在在土耳其 |
[03:55] | contesting the Holy Land. | 争夺圣地 |
[03:57] | But we can help you buy an army. | 但我们可以帮你买一支军队 |
[04:02] | Would 100,000 livres meet your needs? | 十万里弗够了吗 |
[04:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:06] | That would be quite useful. | 这很有用 |
[04:10] | Meanwhile, the king of France is left to do what? | 同时法国国王要做什么 |
[04:14] | Light a candle, pray for manna from heaven? | 点一根蜡烛 祈祷有天赐吗 |
[04:18] | Catherine, I’m more than happy | 凯瑟琳 如果法国需要 |
[04:20] | to share the Vatican’s gold if France needs it. | 我很乐意分享罗马教廷的钱 |
[04:23] | After what you did for Gideon, | 你帮了吉迪恩后 |
[04:24] | – I can’t help but feel responsible… – Thank you, | -我觉得我很有责任 -谢谢 |
[04:27] | but I didn’t trade Gideon for General Gaghan | 但我用吉迪恩交换加汉将军 |
[04:30] | out of the goodness of my heart. | 可不是因为我心地善良 |
[04:31] | Gentlemen, please. | 先生们 请 |
[04:32] | I need my very best military men around me. | 我需要最精锐的士兵 |
[04:35] | And they cost a lot more | 他们要的钱 |
[04:37] | than the mercenaries that you will require. | 比你需要的雇佣兵想要的高得多 |
[04:39] | Speaking of your friend, | 说到你的朋友 |
[04:40] | the English ambassador, have you heard from him? | 英格兰大使 你有他的消息吗 |
[04:44] | No. | 没有 |
[04:44] | He was planning to go to his sister’s | 他打算去他姐姐那里 |
[04:46] | to find a secure place for his daughter. | 给他女儿找个安全的地方 |
[04:48] | From there, he’s probably going to report to Elizabeth. | 之后他可能会跟伊丽莎白汇报 |
[04:51] | Where she should thank him for saving her life and her rule. | 她应该感谢他救了她的命和王位 |
[04:55] | Which you will need to do for yourself, | 你也该为了自己这样做 |
[04:57] | by returning home, to Scotland. | 回家去 回苏格兰 |
[05:02] | What will it be like when I return? | 我回去时那里会是什么样 |
[05:03] | Cold. | 寒冷 |
[05:04] | Cold like you’ve never known. | 你绝对无法想象的寒冷 |
[05:08] | Which is why… you will need these. | 所以 你需要这些 |
[05:12] | Oh, this is too much. | 这太贵重了 |
[05:14] | A whole new winter wardrobe must have cost a fortune! | 一件崭新的冬衣太昂贵了 |
[05:16] | Oh, hardly. Try it on. | 没那么贵 试试 |
[05:21] | Have you tried using your Medici connections yet for funds? | 你有试过找你的梅第奇亲属寻求支援吗 |
[05:25] | Perhaps, um… | 也许吧 |
[05:27] | you recall a certain look-a-like cousin | 你能想的起来有哪个表亲 |
[05:30] | of mine? | 和我长得像吗 |
[05:31] | The one who hanged herself | 那个爱人出了性丑闻之后 |
[05:33] | after her lover had that… sexual mishap? | 自缢身亡的那个 |
[05:36] | Uh, that would be the one. | 就是那个了 |
[05:37] | I wouldn’t have thought she’d be missed, but as luck | 我从没想过还会有人记得她 |
[05:39] | would have it, she turned out to be | 不过不巧的是 |
[05:41] | a favorite of my Uncle Alfonso, | 她恰巧是我叔叔埃尔夫伦索的最爱 |
[05:42] | keeper of the Medici purse strings. | 而他掌控了梅第奇的财政大权 |
[05:45] | Mm, so he cut you off. | 所以他切断了对你的支持 |
[05:47] | – I’m sorry. – Things could be worse. | -我很抱歉 -这已经不错了 |
[05:49] | Better to have your purse strings cut than your… | 切断了财政支持总比切断了… |
[05:52] | How do I look? | 怎么样 |
[05:54] | Like a queen men would die for. | 男人会愿意为你这样的女王赴死 |
[05:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:58] | I only wish I knew where to look for such men. | 真想知道到哪儿去找这样的男人 |
[06:01] | Why don’t you ask Bash? | 你为什么不问问巴斯呢 |
[06:02] | He recruits the very best | 国王近卫里 |
[06:03] | mercenaries for the kingsguard. | 最棒的都是他招募的 |
[06:06] | I hope I have enough gold to buy what I need. | 希望我的金子足以让我买到我需要的 |
[06:08] | Yes, you have enough gold. | 足够了 |
[06:10] | Just. | 刚好够 |
[06:12] | Your timing is lucky. | 你时机卡得不错 |
[06:13] | I know of a small private army that’s just come back | 我听说有一支雇佣军 |
[06:15] | from some fighting near Spain. | 刚从西班牙附近战斗归来 |
[06:17] | What do you know of them? | 你对他们了解多少 |
[06:18] | They’re deadly, they’re brave and they’re looking for work. | 他们非常厉害 十分勇猛 需要工作 |
[06:20] | Well, we must ride out to meet them as soon as possible. | 那我们得赶紧去见他们了 |
[06:22] | Mary, they’re mercenaries. | 玛丽 他们是雇佣兵 |
[06:24] | I am done leading from a distance, Bash. | 我已经受够了保持距离 巴斯 |
[06:26] | I want to be where my people can see me, from now on. | 从今天起 我要让我的人民看得到我 |
[06:30] | Well, mercenaries are usually | 通常而言 |
[06:31] | more moved by gold than politics, | 金钱比政治更能打动雇佣兵 |
[06:33] | but I suppose it can’t hurt. | 但是 大概用点政治也没事 |
[06:38] | We also might want to | 我们还得考虑一下 |
[06:39] | consider… other incentives. | 其他能打动他们的 |
[06:43] | You mean whores. | 你是说妓女吗 |
[06:44] | Yes, I’ve already thought of that. | 没错 我早就想到了 |
[06:46] | I’ve written to Greer, repeatedly, | 我已经给葛瑞尔写了好几次信 |
[06:48] | to ask if I could hire some of hers. | 问她我能不能雇佣一些她的姑娘 |
[06:49] | Repeatedly? | 好几次 |
[06:51] | She hasn’t responded yet. | 她还没回复我 |
[06:53] | To this, or my last several letters. | 这封信也是 前几封信也是 |
[06:56] | Nor has she appeared at court lately. | 她最近也不来宫里见我了 |
[06:59] | Things have been somewhat awkward | 自从她上次告诉我 |
[07:01] | since she told me she’d rather stay in France | 她宁远待在法国而非和我回苏格兰之后 |
[07:03] | than come to Scotland with me. | 我们之间就一直有些尴尬 |
[07:11] | Half a million livres in two weeks? | 两周内筹集五十万里弗吗 |
[07:13] | And no help from the Vatican or from the Medicis? | 没有罗马教廷和梅第奇的支援吗 |
[07:15] | Half a million, or our soldiers desert us for Greece. | 五十万 否则我们的士兵就要投靠希腊去了 |
[07:18] | Well, I can see only one option. | 我只能预见一个结果 |
[07:21] | But what I’m proposing might be a little… | 不过我接下来的建议 |
[07:23] | unseemly for a young king to authorize | 可能不适合一位年轻国王 |
[07:25] | so early in his reign. | 执政早期做出这样的决策 |
[07:27] | Then he won’t authorize it. | 那你还说什么 |
[07:29] | You’ll do whatever it is and tell us after. | 你先解决 再告诉我们结果 |
[07:31] | Mother, really, I don’t like the sound of that. | 母亲 我真的不喜欢你这样 |
[07:33] | Can you get us the money? | 你能不能筹到钱 |
[07:34] | I believe I can. | 我觉得我能 |
[07:35] | Then do it, whatever it is, as soon as possible. | 那就去吧 不择手段 尽量筹到钱 |
[07:45] | I hope that’s my food, Mimi. | 咪咪 我希望你敲门是给我拿吃的来了 |
[07:47] | I’m famished. | 我要饿死了 |
[07:49] | Your girl said I could bring this up for you. | 你的姑娘说我可以把这个给你拿来 |
[07:51] | She said you haven’t left your room in weeks. | 她说你这一周都没出过门了 |
[07:53] | Greer, I’ve been so worried about you. | 葛瑞尔 我一直很担心你 |
[08:04] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我呢 |
[08:15] | I thought I could do it. | 我以为我可以的 |
[08:17] | I thought, with my sister’s help, | 我以为有姐妹们的帮忙 |
[08:19] | I could keep my secret | 我就能保住秘密 |
[08:21] | and give my baby a decent home at the same time. | 同时还能给我的孩子一个体面的家 |
[08:25] | But I was a fool. | 但我太蠢了 |
[08:26] | Don’t say that, Greer. | 别这么说 葛瑞尔 |
[08:28] | You are going to be a wonderful mother. | 你会是个很棒的母亲的 |
[08:30] | And you have enough money put aside | 而且你有足够的钱 |
[08:31] | for a comfortable life, don’t you? | 来支撑自己舒适的生活 不是吗 |
[08:33] | Comfortable isn’t enough. | 舒适是不够的 |
[08:34] | I want my baby to grow up with a good name. | 我希望我的孩子能有个好的出身 |
[08:36] | I’ll help you change your name, | 这事我会帮你的 |
[08:38] | get you papers of recommendation. | 我会给你推荐文书 |
[08:40] | Can you get me a husband, too? | 那你能给我一个丈夫吗 |
[08:41] | Someone to be a father to this child? | 找个人来做这个孩子的父亲 |
[08:43] | Mary, you know the world we live in. | 玛丽 你知道我们生活的这个世界的 |
[08:44] | I also know that you already have a husband. | 我也知道你已经有一个丈夫了 |
[08:47] | Lord Castleroy is a good man, | 卡斯尔雷大人是个好人 |
[08:49] | and now, with Catherine as regent, | 现在凯瑟琳是摄政王 |
[08:51] | I may be able to have him released from prison. | 我也许能把他从监狱里放出来 |
[08:54] | Aloysius was the best thing to ever happen to me. | 阿洛伊休斯是我最美好的邂逅 |
[08:56] | But how can I ask him to be a father to another man’s child? | 但我怎能让他做私生子的父亲呢 |
[08:59] | And how can I ask you to help release him, | 我又怎么能求你放了他呢 |
[09:01] | when the conspiracy he unwittingly funded | 毕竟他无意中资助了那场阴谋 |
[09:03] | was responsible for your… | 还害得你… |
[09:07] | My rape. | 被强奸吗 |
[09:09] | You can say it. | 你说出来也没关系的 |
[09:10] | I couldn’t put you through those memories again. | 我不能让你重温那些不好的记忆 |
[09:12] | Those memories are a part of me, Greer, | 那些回忆也是我的一部分 葛瑞尔 |
[09:15] | but I am stronger than they are. | 但是我比他们更坚强 |
[09:17] | My life is once again the sum of my choices, | 我的人生基于我的选择 |
[09:20] | not someone else’s crimes. | 而非别人的罪恶 |
[09:22] | And I choose to help my friend. | 我选择帮助我的朋友 |
[09:28] | I don’t understand why we have to take time to visit the generals. | 我不明白我们为什么要花时间去拜访那些将军 |
[09:31] | A king must always deliver good news in person. | 一位国王必须亲自去传达好消息 |
[09:34] | Bad news should be sent via messenger, | 坏消息需要经由信使传递 |
[09:36] | or let them find out on their own. | 或者让那些人自己发现 |
[09:38] | But, Mother, can we even be certain we have good news? | 但是母亲 我们能确定有好消息吗 |
[09:40] | Narcisse wasn’t sure he could get the money | 不管他想了什么不合时宜的主意 |
[09:42] | in whatever unseemly way he had in mind… | 他根本不确定能否筹到钱 |
[09:45] | – What is that racket? – It’s them! | -怎么这么吵 -是他们 |
[09:47] | It’s the royals! It’s the royals! | 是皇室 是皇室 |
[09:49] | You, royals! | 停下 你们这些皇室 |
[09:51] | Here’s all the tithe you’ll get from me! | 这就是你们向我收的税 |
[09:53] | Stand clear! | 站远点 |
[09:54] | Back to the castle at once! | 立刻回城堡去 |
[10:01] | Narcisse. He must have tithed the peasants. | 纳西斯 他肯定向这些农民收奉献税了 |
[10:03] | – What? – It’s a kind of emergency tax. | -什么 -这是紧急税的一种 |
[10:05] | I know what a tithe is. | 我知道什么是奉献税 |
[10:06] | They’ve been tithed once already this year. | 他们今年已经缴过一次了 |
[10:09] | No wonder they’re angry. | 怪不得他们生气 |
[10:10] | They can’t afford to pay any more. | 他们交不起了 |
[10:13] | We’re marking 50 years | 我们要庆祝 |
[10:15] | since the coronation of King Henry VIII. | 亨利八世国王加冕五十周年 |
[10:17] | Is the Jubilee the biggest event of every year? | 周年庆典是每年最重要的活动吗 |
[10:19] | Yes. We all must demonstrate our admiration | 是的 我们必须表达出对 |
[10:22] | for the greatest king Englishmen can remember. | 英国最受人爱戴的国王的崇敬 |
[10:25] | Although, this year, | 而今年 |
[10:25] | it might prove to be quite interesting. | 也许会格外有趣 |
[10:27] | Lady Beatrice Somerset promised to attend. | 碧翠丝·萨默赛特答应出席 |
[10:32] | What do you know of my mother, Anne Boleyn? | 你对我母亲安妮·博林有什么了解 |
[10:36] | I know she was so admired by King Henry | 我知道亨利国王十分喜欢她 |
[10:39] | that he cast aside his first wife to make her his queen. | 不惜废除第一任妻子 让她当上王后 |
[10:42] | He thought Anne would give him a son. | 他以为安妮会给他生个儿子 |
[10:45] | When she only gave him me, | 可她却只生下了我 |
[10:49] | he had no more use for her. | 她便没有用处了 |
[10:51] | Or her head. | 她的头也没用了 |
[10:52] | Do you have any memories of her? | 你还记得她吗 |
[10:54] | Not really. | 没什么印象 |
[10:55] | I was two when she died. | 她死时我才两岁 |
[10:57] | And all I’ve heard since are the outlandish rumors | 后来我听到的都是被我父亲捏造出来 |
[11:00] | my father trumped up to justify her execution. | 好判她死刑的稀奇古怪的传言 |
[11:03] | They smeared her with | 各种污秽不堪的指控 |
[11:05] | every dirty accusation they could think of: | 都往她的身上安 |
[11:08] | adultery, treason, witchcraft. | 通奸 叛国 巫术 |
[11:11] | Even incest. | 甚至是乱伦 |
[11:13] | That was the worst charge. | 那是最严重的指控 |
[11:15] | And it came from my mother’s best friend, | 却出自我母亲最好的朋友 |
[11:18] | Lady Beatrice Somerset. | 碧翠丝·萨默赛特之口 |
[11:24] | Please, stay. | 别走 |
[11:25] | Sir Robert is just saying good-bye. | 罗伯特伯爵只是来道别的 |
[11:27] | But I would happily abandon my trip north | 但我很愿意取消北部的行程 |
[11:29] | to stay by your side for the Jubilee. | 陪你参加周年庆典 |
[11:31] | Yes, but your duties | 但你作为 |
[11:32] | as the Earl of Leicester cannot wait. | 莱斯特伯爵的职责不能等 |
[11:35] | Oh, the sheep census? | 普查绵羊吗 |
[11:37] | My Queen, | 女王陛下 |
[11:39] | since foiling the Vatican’s plot against you, | 自从阻止了罗马教廷对你的阴谋 |
[11:40] | I have new favor amongst the nobles. | 贵族中已经有人追随我了 |
[11:42] | There’s no need to hide our friendship. | 没有必要隐藏我们的友谊 |
[11:44] | I’m afraid there still is. | 恐怕还是有必要 |
[11:46] | This Jubilee must remind England | 今年的周年庆典必须得提醒英格兰 |
[11:48] | that I am the great King Henry VIII’s daughter. | 我是伟大的亨利八世国王的女儿 |
[11:53] | Not Robert Dudley’s mistress. | 而不是罗伯特·达德利的情妇 |
[11:56] | Right. | 也对 |
[11:57] | Just promise me that someday I’ll hold you again. | 那就向我保证终有一天我能再次与你执手 |
[12:02] | That’s all I ask. | 我别无所求 |
[12:04] | Someday. Yes, of course. | 终有一天 当然可以 |
[12:07] | I long for that, too. | 我也希望如此 |
[12:09] | Even if it takes years. | 尽管会花上许多年 |
[12:11] | Years? | 许多年 |
[12:17] | I don’t know where you found the strength to send him away. | 真不知道你是怎么下定决心派他离开的 |
[12:20] | This Jubilee is a burden he could help you carry. | 他可以帮你分担周年庆典的重担 |
[12:24] | Actually, it’s your help I need. | 其实 我需要你的帮助 |
[12:27] | Your help to get revenge on Lady Somerset. | 帮我向萨默赛特复仇 |
[12:30] | Me? | 我 |
[12:32] | Can’t you just have her seized | 你不能等她到了之后 |
[12:33] | by your guards when she arrives? | 派守卫抓住她吗 |
[12:35] | With my mother’s blood staining the hands of so many nobles, | 那么多贵族都参与了对我母亲的迫害 |
[12:39] | I risk losing my throne if I so much as mention | 我要是提一句我母亲的名字 |
[12:42] | my mother’s name, let alone try and avenge her. | 都有失去王位的危险 更别提向她复仇了 |
[12:45] | I must smile in the face of her butchers. | 我必须对杀害母亲的人面带微笑 |
[12:48] | Always my father’s daughter. | 做我父亲的女儿 |
[12:51] | That is why Lady Somerset | 所以萨默赛特 |
[12:53] | thinks she’s safe coming to my court, | 才会以为她能平安来到我的宫廷 |
[12:56] | even though she is the liar who testified | 尽管她是指证我母亲 |
[12:58] | that my mother slept with her own brother. | 与亲弟弟乱伦的骗子 |
[13:01] | And my father rewarded her lies | 我父亲把我母亲娘家的封地 |
[13:03] | by giving her my mother’s family lands. | 作为撒谎的奖励给了她 |
[13:05] | But what is it you’re asking me to do? | 但你要让我怎么做 |
[13:11] | Plant a stolen necklace on Somerset. | 把一条被盗的项链放到萨默赛特那里 |
[13:13] | It will allow me | 这样我就能 |
[13:14] | to fine her so I can get my mother’s lands back. | 处罚她 要回我母亲娘家的封地 |
[13:19] | We were hounded by a mob of filth-hurling peasants! | 我们被一帮怒不可遏的农民追 |
[13:23] | All thanks to your brilliant tithe. | 多亏了你那聪明的奉献税 |
[13:25] | My sincere apologies. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:27] | I had no idea you intended to ride out. | 我不知道你们要出门 |
[13:28] | Had I known, I would’ve warned you. | 我要是知道就会提醒你们了 |
[13:31] | I know how you like to stay indoors during tax season. | 我知道一收税 你就爱待在城堡里面 |
[13:33] | Well, at least the money was raised. | 至少筹到了钱 |
[13:37] | The money was raised, Stephan? | 筹到钱了吧 斯特凡 |
[13:39] | Well, with the peasants revolting, | 因为农民反抗 |
[13:41] | we would need the military to enforce collection. | 我们需要军队强制收税 |
[13:44] | And we can’t ask the military to do that until we pay them. | 在付钱给军队之前又没法派出军队 |
[13:47] | Oh, dear Lord. | 天啊 |
[13:50] | Well, what now? | 现在怎么办 |
[13:51] | You said if you look hard enough, | 你说过只要努力找 |
[13:53] | there’s always an answer. | 总有解决的办法 |
[13:54] | Well, the last answer I could think of was trusting him. | 我能想到的最后一个办法就是相信他 |
[13:58] | I’m sorry. I need to think. | 抱歉 我得考虑一下 |
[14:01] | Majesty, don’t lose hope. | 陛下 别灰心 |
[14:04] | She’s right, you know. | 她没说错 |
[14:05] | There is always an answer. | 确实总有办法 |
[14:07] | To begin with, | 首先 |
[14:08] | we’ll have to travel tonight. | 我们今晚得出趟门 |
[14:09] | Of course, Majesty, but leave the castle | 当然可以 陛下 但你要在 |
[14:12] | with the peasants revolting? | 外面农民反抗时出门吗 |
[14:15] | Pack for a day’s travel, and pack warmly. | 准备一天的旅行物品 要暖和点的 |
[14:18] | It’s especially cold in the foothills of the Alps. | 阿尔卑斯山脚下特别冷 |
[14:21] | The Alps? | 阿尔卑斯山 |
[14:30] | You’re asking for almost all the gold the Vatican lent me. | 罗马教廷借我的钱几乎全被你们要走了 |
[14:33] | How am I to pay for supplies? | 我要拿什么买补给 |
[14:34] | Food, weapons? | 食物 武器 |
[14:36] | With my men behind you, your loyalists will rally. | 有了你身后的士兵 你的忠臣们会恢复士气 |
[14:39] | And the food and supplies will follow. | 食物和补给自然会跟上 |
[14:41] | But I would be taking an enormous risk. | 但那样我会冒很大的风险 |
[14:42] | We are talking about war, aren’t we? | 这可是战争 不是吗 |
[14:47] | Will you take a risk for me, then? | 那你能为我冒个险吗 |
[14:49] | To prove what you’re capable of? | 证明一下你们的实力 |
[14:51] | What risk? | 什么风险 |
[14:52] | Not far from here is the Oubliette of Roussillon. | 离这里不远就是鲁西永地牢 |
[14:55] | Lord Aloysius Castleroy is imprisoned there. | 阿洛伊修斯·卡斯尔雷大人被关在那里 |
[14:57] | Free him, and you have the job. | 救出他 这份工作就归你们了 |
[15:00] | Including all the gold you’ve asked for. | 包括你所要求的所有黄金 |
[15:02] | It’s a royal prison, is it not? | 那是皇家监狱吧 |
[15:04] | For the force of your skill and size, | 以你们的能力和规模 |
[15:05] | it should be easy enough. | 应该轻而易举 |
[15:08] | You drive a clever bargain. | 你提了个很聪明的条件 |
[15:09] | We’ll return with this | 天黑时我们就会 |
[15:10] | Lord Castleroy by nightfall. | 带着这个卡斯尔雷大人一起回来 |
[15:16] | You told me you wanted to help Greer. | 你说你想帮葛瑞尔 |
[15:17] | You didn’t say it was | 但你没说 |
[15:18] | by breaking her husband out of prison. | 要把她丈夫从狱里劫出来 |
[15:21] | Does Catherine know about this? | 凯瑟琳知道这件事吗 |
[15:23] | Catherine asked not to know. | 凯瑟琳要求不知情 |
[15:24] | Because helping Castleroy would inflame her relations | 因为帮助卡斯尔雷会影响到 |
[15:27] | with the Catholic nobles. | 她与天主教贵族的关系 |
[15:28] | In other words, she’ll look the other way. | 换句话说 她会视而不见 |
[15:32] | But how is Castleroy supposed to get by once he’s free? | 可是卡斯尔雷自由之后又该何去何从呢 |
[15:34] | I will get him false documents. | 我给他办假证明 |
[15:36] | So no one will know of his record as an insurgent. | 没有人会知道他叛乱的记录 |
[15:40] | You’ve thought of everything. | 你想得非常周全 |
[15:42] | Now, tell me the plan again, | 再跟我说一次计划 |
[15:44] | so I know it’s fixed in your mind. | 确保你已经熟记于心 |
[15:45] | Yes, when the nobles line up | 好 等贵族们站成一排 |
[15:47] | to be presented with favors, | 等着收礼物的时候 |
[15:48] | I’ll slip those pearls into Lady Somerset’s bag | 我会把那些珍珠放进萨默赛特夫人的包中 |
[15:51] | for the guards to find. | 让守卫去发现 |
[15:53] | And you’ve seen her portrait, | 你见过她的肖像画 |
[15:54] | so you know who you’re looking for? | 所以应该认得出来吧 |
[15:56] | And I know what she’ll be wearing. | 而且我知道她会穿什么衣服 |
[16:05] | Once you’ve had her arrested | 如果她被捕 |
[16:08] | and fined her to get your family’s property back, | 也借助她拿到了你想要的家族财产 |
[16:12] | will you show her mercy? | 你会仁慈地饶了她吗 |
[16:13] | Like the mercy she showed my mother? | 她对我母亲仁慈了吗 |
[16:24] | Bash, where are they? | 巴斯 他们在哪里 |
[16:26] | Bonnay said they’d be back by nightfall. | 博奈明明说他们傍晚前就会回来 |
[16:28] | Maybe Castleroy has been killed. | 也许卡斯尔雷已经死了 |
[16:31] | Maybe the men I need to take back Scotland | 也许我要带回苏格兰的兵士们 |
[16:33] | have already died trying to rescue him. | 已经为了救他而牺牲了 |
[16:35] | Bonnay’s men know what they’re doing. | 博奈的人训练有素 |
[16:38] | And so do you. | 你也胸有成竹 |
[16:40] | So much is about to change. | 很多东西都要变了 |
[16:41] | No matter what happens with Castleroy, | 无论卡斯尔雷如何 |
[16:42] | Greer will probably have to leave French court | 葛瑞尔可能还是得离开法国宫廷 |
[16:45] | to distance herself from her reputation. | 避避风头 |
[16:46] | And you’ll be leaving soon as well. | 你很快也要离开了 |
[16:49] | For Scotland. | 去苏格兰 |
[16:50] | It seems unimaginable. | 无法想象 |
[16:52] | But yes. | 但的确如此 |
[16:53] | We did it before, you and I. | 我们以前做过的 |
[16:55] | Remember, when we ran away? | 记得吗 我们一起出逃 |
[16:58] | Of course. | 记得 |
[16:59] | How could I forget? | 我怎会忘记 |
[17:00] | We were so desperate to avert the prophecy. | 我们拼了命地要阻止预言成真 |
[17:03] | We would have done anything to save Francis. | 为了救弗朗西斯 当时的我们愿意付出一切 |
[17:05] | They were complicated times. | 那时情势很复杂 |
[17:10] | I’ll go tend the fire. | 我去看看火 |
[17:28] | Remember, don’t stare. | 记住 别盯着看 |
[17:29] | This casino is the one place in Europe | 偌大的欧洲 只有在赌坊 |
[17:31] | a king can feel like a commoner. | 国王才能真正与民同乐 |
[17:33] | Knucklebones played with rubies. | 用红宝石来玩”丢羊骨头游戏” |
[17:35] | That’s a new one, even for me. | 真稀奇 我都没见过 |
[17:37] | It was my favorite game last summer. | 那是我去年夏天最喜欢的游戏 |
[17:39] | Charles! | 查尔斯 |
[17:40] | My young prince is back. | 年轻的王子光临啦 |
[17:42] | But wait, I should say my young king. | 等等 我应该说是年轻的国王 |
[17:44] | Countess Van Court, always a pleasure. | 凡科伯爵夫人 幸会 |
[17:48] | I was hoping the deeds | 但愿 |
[17:49] | to the royal vineyards in Burgundy | 勃艮第皇家葡萄园的地契 |
[17:50] | would do for our entrance stake. | 能够充当我们的入场券 |
[17:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:00] | Knucklebones again? | 还玩羊骨头吗 |
[18:01] | You know me too well. | 你太了解我了 |
[18:05] | If you lose these vineyards, every man in France | 如果失去了那些葡萄园 法国每个公民 |
[18:07] | will riot in the street. | 都会起义 |
[18:09] | Then I’ll be sure to win. | 那我一定努力赢 |
[18:18] | Mary, come quickly! | 玛丽 快来 |
[18:22] | Your man. | 你要的人 |
[18:23] | Or what’s left of him. | 不知是死是活 |
[18:25] | Good Lord. | 天啊 |
[18:26] | Castleroy, is that you? | 卡斯尔雷 是你吗 |
[18:28] | Bash, take him to the carriage. | 巴斯 带他上马车 |
[18:29] | He is to see a physician immediately. | 立刻送他去看医师 |
[18:32] | Ride hard, Majesty. | 请您抓紧时间 |
[18:34] | Or he might not make it. | 否则他可能性命不保 |
[18:58] | To the greatest king and the greatest father | 敬英国以及这个世界上 |
[19:02] | England and the world has ever known– | 最伟大的国王和父亲 |
[19:06] | King Henry the VIII. | 亨利八世 |
[19:08] | King Henry the VIII! | 亨利八世 |
[19:11] | I would like to present | 借五十年周年之际 |
[19:12] | my most loyal and patient courtiers | 我想将一些恩典 |
[19:15] | with a golden favor in honor of this 50th Jubilee. | 赐给诸位忠心耿耿的侍臣 |
[19:20] | 100 favors shall be awarded to those first in line | 最先向王后行礼的一百位贵族 |
[19:22] | to meet with Her Highness. | 将得到恩典 |
[19:24] | Any seeking a private audience must submit | 有意向的贵族们 |
[19:26] | to a brief search by the Royal Guard. | 需要接受皇家守军的简单搜查 |
[19:28] | Come along now, remain orderly. | 来吧 保持秩序 |
[19:40] | Did you just try to steal this woman’s pearls? | 你是想偷这位女士的珍珠吗 |
[19:43] | – No, of course not… – Then explain why | -当然不是 -那你解释一下 |
[19:45] | they’re coming from her bag, attached to your hand. | 为什么这条链子从她的包里到了你的手上 |
[19:47] | Oh, what a lovely necklace. | 这项链真好看 |
[19:49] | Where did you get it? | 你从哪里拿的 |
[19:50] | The queen’s stolen pearls. | 这是女王丢失的珍珠 |
[19:58] | Arrest them both. | 全部逮捕 |
[20:00] | But I-I… | 可我… |
[20:11] | So you say a man at the Jubilee | 你是说有人付钱给你 |
[20:12] | paid you to hide the pearls in my bag? | 要你把珍珠藏在我的包里吗 |
[20:15] | I thought it was some secret code between you, | 我还以为是你们之间在脉脉传情 |
[20:18] | that perhaps you were lovers. | 以为你们是一对儿呢 |
[20:19] | I had no idea the pearls belonged to the Queen. | 没想到珍珠是女王的 |
[20:21] | But it makes no sense. | 但是说不通啊 |
[20:23] | Whoever gave them to you, | 不管是谁把珍珠给了你 |
[20:24] | Elizabeth must’ve convinced them to do it. | 肯定是伊丽莎白让他们干的 |
[20:26] | And as a lady to the queen of Scots, | 作为苏格兰女王的侍女 |
[20:28] | you were nothing but a pawn in this. | 你在这件事中只是一个棋子 |
[20:31] | You poor fool. | 你个小傻子 |
[20:34] | But what would Elizabeth have against you? | 但是伊丽莎白为什么要害你 |
[20:37] | I should never have accepted the invitation to the Jubilee. | 我就不该接受邀请来参加五十年节 |
[20:39] | I should’ve known Elizabeth would be laying in wait for me. | 我早该知道伊丽莎白肯定等着给我下套 |
[20:44] | You don’t know how often I’ve wished | 你不知道我渴望过多少次 |
[20:45] | I could speak with the queen | 能跟女王说上话 |
[20:47] | to explain about Anne. | 解释一下安妮的事 |
[20:49] | Explain what? | 解释什么 |
[20:51] | I am Lady Beatrice Somerset. | 我是碧翠丝·萨默赛特夫人 |
[20:53] | You must’ve heard all the stories. | 你肯定早有耳闻 |
[20:55] | The lady who sold out her dearest friend | 传言中 她将自己最好的朋友和小女儿 |
[20:56] | and her infant daughter. | 卖了出去 |
[20:58] | Yes. | 没错 |
[21:00] | You told those outlandish tales– | 你散播谣言 |
[21:02] | Anne was guilty of witchcraft and other depravities. | 说安妮装神弄鬼 还有其他恶劣行径 |
[21:06] | Everyone knew Henry wanted her gone. | 谁都知道亨利想让她死 |
[21:08] | To speak ill of Anne was to curry favor with the king. | 说她的坏话就是在讨好国王 |
[21:12] | And that’s what you did. | 所以你这样做了 |
[21:13] | It wasn’t my idea. | 这不是我的主意 |
[21:16] | A chambermaid of Anne’s claimed to have seen | 安妮的一位女仆曾经目睹过 |
[21:18] | Anne and her brother George… | 安和她哥哥乔治 |
[21:21] | together. | 在一起 |
[21:23] | Wait, a chambermaid said this? | 等等 是一个女仆说的吗 |
[21:25] | Anne’s night maid. | 是安的夜仆 |
[21:26] | But he knew | 但他知道 |
[21:27] | that no one would believe it unless it came | 若不是从安妮的密友口中 |
[21:29] | from someone like me, a close friend to Anne. | 比如我的口中说出来 没人会相信 |
[21:32] | And so he turned | 所以他把目标 |
[21:33] | the screws on my family. | 转向我的家族 |
[21:35] | Threats… | 威逼 |
[21:37] | and promises. | 和利诱 |
[21:38] | After the trial, Henry awarded me | 审判过后 亨利将博林家族的封地 |
[21:40] | the Boleyn family lands. | 给了我 |
[21:42] | And Henry knew the chambermaid’s story was a lie. | 亨利知道寝室女仆的话不是真的 |
[21:45] | Of course he did. | 他当然知道 |
[21:47] | The only thing Anne | 安妮所犯的唯一错误 |
[21:48] | was ever guilty of was not having a son. | 就是没能生下一个儿子 |
[22:03] | You’re Nancy, correct? | 你是南希 对吗 |
[22:04] | Yes, I am, Your Highness. | 是的 陛下 |
[22:08] | The night maid. | 夜间女仆 |
[22:10] | The one who said she saw Queen Anne | 那个说看到安妮女王 |
[22:12] | lay with her own brother George. | 和她哥哥乔治同床的人 |
[22:14] | Please, Highness, don’t make me speak of that. | 求您 陛下 别让我说起这件事 |
[22:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:19] | Was it too painful for you | 用你的谎言将一个无辜的女人 |
[22:21] | to condemn an innocent woman to death with your lies? | 送上断头台 这让你痛苦吗 |
[22:26] | You don’t understand, Highness. | 您不明白 陛下 |
[22:28] | Why you sent my mother to the headsman? | 为什么将我的母亲送上断头台 |
[22:31] | No, I understand that. | 不 我明白 |
[22:33] | How often does a chambermaid get to bring down a queen? | 一个女仆能有多少机会扳倒一个皇后 |
[22:37] | Did my mother mistreat you? | 我母亲虐待你了吗 |
[22:39] | Or was it Henry’s flattery, his cajoling? | 要么就是亨利的追求 他引诱你了吗 |
[22:42] | It wasn’t a lie, Highness. | 那不是谎言 陛下 |
[22:47] | I wish it was a lie. | 我倒希望那是假的 |
[22:49] | The truth is much worse. | 真相比那更残酷 |
[22:52] | What? | 什么 |
[22:53] | I never blamed your mother. | 我从未责怪过你的母亲 |
[22:55] | She had no choice. | 她也没有选择 |
[22:57] | What are you saying? | 你在说些什么 |
[22:58] | Your father was so cruel to her. | 你父亲对她太残忍了 |
[23:01] | Cruel to you, too. | 对你也是 |
[23:03] | “I just need a son,” Anne would say. | “我只需要个儿子” 安妮总这样说 |
[23:07] | “Then he’ll treat Lizzy right.” | “这样他就会对伊丽莎白好了” |
[23:09] | She was desperate and afraid for both of you. | 面对你们俩 她又绝望又害怕 |
[23:12] | That’s why she did it. | 所以她那样做了 |
[23:14] | I saw them with my own eyes. | 我亲眼看到了他们 |
[23:17] | She didn’t want an affair– | 她不是想出轨 |
[23:19] | just the baby. | 只是想要一个孩子 |
[23:20] | She couldn’t trust any man | 除了你的舅舅 |
[23:22] | but your uncle to help her. | 她不能信任任何人来帮助他 |
[23:24] | I was in the closet cot on night duty. | 那天我在衣帽间里当夜差 |
[23:27] | I never meant to spy, | 我并非想偷看 |
[23:29] | but the door latch was broken, | 但是门闩坏了 |
[23:31] | and it wouldn’t stay shut. | 门一直关不上 |
[23:32] | They couldn’t go through with it though. | 但他们也没能顺利进行下去 |
[23:35] | Anne was crying too hard. | 安妮哭得太厉害了 |
[23:37] | You’re lying. | 你在说谎 |
[23:38] | Tell me you’re lying. | 告诉我你在说谎 |
[23:42] | They tortured me two days | 他们折磨了我整整两天 |
[23:45] | before I told. | 直到我全盘托出 |
[23:46] | Someone else saw George | 有其他人看到乔治 |
[23:48] | leave Anne’s room. | 离开安妮的房间 |
[23:49] | Henry knew I’d been on night duty, | 亨利知道我在值夜班 |
[23:51] | and if anything happened in Anne’s chambers, | 如果安妮的房间中发生什么事 |
[23:53] | I might know it. | 我都可能知道 |
[23:56] | And he was right. | 他是对的 |
[23:57] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝 |
[23:59] | I told Henry they’d stopped, but he didn’t care. | 我告诉亨利他们停下了 但他不在乎 |
[24:05] | He made Anne’s friend tell the story he wanted. | 他逼迫安妮的朋友说出他想要的话 |
[24:09] | Don’t blame your poor mother | 别怪你可怜的母亲 |
[24:11] | for what she did. | 她也是迫不得已 |
[24:13] | She’s in heaven now, if any soul is. | 如果有天堂的话 她现在一定在那里 |
[24:24] | Fortune is smiling on you, sir. | 幸运女神很垂青你 先生 |
[24:26] | That is half what we owe the armies in under an hour. | 不到一小时你就赢了我们欠军队的一半钱 |
[24:30] | Well done. | 干得漂亮 |
[24:31] | I can double it with one roll. | 我可以用一句将它们翻倍 |
[24:33] | We’ll have all we need. | 赢到足够的钱 |
[24:35] | Shouldn’t you bag some of your winnings, | 你不应该先带走点赢来的钱 |
[24:37] | take it slowly? | 慢慢来吗 |
[24:38] | It’s a game of chance, and I’m on a streak. | 这个游戏全凭运气 我现在手气正好 |
[24:41] | Just as easily lose it all as little at a time. | 运气不好 一点一点输最终也会输光 |
[24:46] | I’ve gotten us this far, haven’t I? | 我都帮咱们走到这一步了 不是吗 |
[24:52] | All in. | 全押 |
[25:06] | Sorry, sir. The house wins. | 抱歉 先生 庄家赢 |
[25:08] | All wagers go to the house. | 所有赌金归庄家 |
[25:15] | Too bad. | 太遗憾了 |
[25:17] | Fortune smiled, then she turned another direction. | 幸运女神看来垂青于其他人了 |
[25:20] | So sad you’ll have to go, my little king. | 真抱歉 你得离开了 小国王 |
[25:22] | We’re not going anywhere. | 我们不走 |
[25:24] | Not until you give us | 除非你给我们一次机会 |
[25:24] | a chance to win back what we’ve lost. | 把输了的赢回来 |
[25:27] | It seems your luck has run out, sir. | 看来你的好运已经用光了 先生 |
[25:29] | The same as your stake. | 你的赌金也没了 |
[25:30] | I’m not talking about games of chance. | 我不是说这种凭运气的赌博 |
[25:34] | There is always another game in a place like this. | 这种地方一般都有其他的游戏 |
[25:38] | Where is it? | 在哪 |
[25:40] | We have a sort of… | 我们在楼下 |
[25:42] | arena fighting downstairs. | 有一种角斗 |
[25:43] | Not for the squeamish. | 胆小鬼玩不起 |
[25:45] | But you… | 不过你 |
[25:47] | you have everything you need to place a bet. | 你倒是有下赌注的资本 |
[25:49] | – We’re not interested. – Oh, it’s a pity. | -我们不感兴趣 -那太遗憾了 |
[25:51] | Another match was just about to begin. | 下一场比赛马上就要开始了 |
[25:53] | With the right wager, you could win | 下对了注 你们能赢回 |
[25:54] | four times what you lost with that last throw of the bones. | 刚才最后一次下注所输赌金的四倍 |
[25:58] | We’re in. | 我们赌 |
[26:03] | Very good. | 很好 |
[26:11] | My champion tore through all the challengers for tonight. | 我的冠军今晚所向披靡 已打败所有挑战者 |
[26:14] | Yet the crowd wants more. | 然而观众还想看更多 |
[26:17] | I’ll give you 10,000 livres to wager on your own life | 我给你10,000里弗让你押自己的性命 |
[26:19] | if you’ll take him on. | 如果你能赢了他 |
[26:22] | Very well. | 很好 |
[26:23] | You have a deal. | 成交 |
[26:27] | No, Narcisse. | 不 纳西斯 |
[26:28] | You heard the countess. | 你听到公爵夫人的话了 |
[26:30] | The champion is undefeated. | 这冠军无往不胜 |
[26:31] | Take a closer look. | 仔细观察 |
[26:33] | See how he holds his dominant shoulder? | 看到他怎么用惯用手举杯了吗 |
[26:36] | He’s hurting. | 他很痛 |
[26:37] | That is why he is half-drunk. | 这也是他为什么喝得半醉 |
[26:40] | Your life is too valuable for this. | 你的命比这场赌注宝贵多了 |
[26:42] | No one life is more valuable than France. | 没人的命比法国更宝贵 |
[26:53] | Place your bets! | 下注吧 |
[26:54] | We have a new challenger for our house champion. | 我们的冠军迎来了新的挑战者 |
[26:57] | Fighters to your marks. | 各就各位 |
[27:01] | Begin! | 开始 |
[27:18] | Come on, Narcisse. Get up. | 加油 纳西斯 站起来 |
[27:57] | 10,000 livres at 50-to-one odds. | 10,000里弗押1比50的赔率 |
[28:00] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[28:01] | All the money we need to pay off the army. | 给军队钱全有了 |
[28:04] | How does it feel being the savior of France? | 成为法国的救世主感觉如何 |
[28:07] | Better than being him. | 总比成为他更强 |
[28:19] | Leave us. | 下去吧 |
[28:22] | You might have told me about the three nights in jail | 在我同意帮你做事之前你应该告诉我 |
[28:24] | before I agreed to your plan. | 这个额外的监狱计划 |
[28:26] | And you might not have fumbled the pearls, | 那你可能就不会漏了珍珠 |
[28:28] | and I wouldn’t have had to spend the last three days | 我也不用用三天时间 |
[28:31] | convincing my privy council to let me pardon you. | 让我的枢密院赦免了你 |
[28:36] | And Beatrice Somerset? | 碧翠丝·萨默赛特呢 |
[28:37] | Where was she dragged off to last night? | 她昨晚被拖去哪里了 |
[28:39] | She offered to return my family’s lands, | 她要归还我家族的领地 |
[28:41] | and I accepted. | 我同意了 |
[28:43] | She leaves today with my forgiveness. | 我宽恕了她 她今天已经走了 |
[28:45] | Your forgiveness? | 宽恕 |
[28:47] | What? But she confessed to lying about your mother. | 什么 但她坦白对你母亲的事说谎了 |
[28:50] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[28:53] | I never forgave my father for what he did to my mother. | 我从未原谅我父亲对我母亲做的事 |
[28:58] | But at the same time, I never forgot | 但同时 我也从未忘记 |
[29:00] | his brutal effectiveness as a ruler. | 他统治王国的残酷政绩 |
[29:04] | And then I learned things, ways in which | 然后我明白了 |
[29:06] | he destroyed people’s lives | 我此前从未理解过的 |
[29:08] | that I could never understand or imagine. | 他摧毁他人的意义 |
[29:11] | Now I know how I must rule. | 现在我知道我该如何统治了 |
[29:13] | I must always be seen | 我必须让别人明白 |
[29:14] | as Henry’s daughter. | 我是亨利的女儿 |
[29:16] | But in my heart, | 但在我心里 |
[29:19] | I can be something so much different. | 我可以成为完全不一样的人 |
[29:22] | Your mother. | 你的母亲 |
[29:24] | She was not perfect. | 她不完美 |
[29:26] | But the mistakes she made, | 但她犯下的错 |
[29:30] | she made out of love. | 都是出于她的爱 |
[29:33] | Love for me, even love for Henry. | 对我的 甚至是对亨利的爱 |
[29:37] | Does this mean you might allow Robert Dudley to come home? | 这是否意味着你会让罗伯特·达德利回来 |
[29:42] | Nothing has changed between Robert and I. | 我和罗伯特之间什么都没变 |
[29:44] | We can never marry, | 我们无法结婚 |
[29:45] | and therefore he brings nothing to my life. | 他无法为我的生活带来任何东西 |
[29:47] | Does he not make you happy? | 他难道不会让你开心吗 |
[29:50] | Elizabeth, do you love him? | 伊丽莎白 你爱他吗 |
[29:55] | Yes. | 爱他 |
[29:56] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[29:59] | Love is a risk for anyone. | 爱情对任何人来说都是一场冒险 |
[30:02] | But for you, knowing what love did to your mother, | 但对你来说 知道母亲因爱出事 |
[30:04] | how could you not fear it? | 难道你不害怕吗 |
[30:07] | Has it occurred to you | 难道你没想过 |
[30:08] | that perhaps your heart chose Robert Dudley– | 也许你的新选择罗伯特·达德利 |
[30:11] | a married man– for a reason? | 一个已婚男子是有原因的吗 |
[30:13] | You think the obstacle of Dudley’s marriage | 你觉得他已婚反而是他 |
[30:16] | was his main attraction? | 吸引我的原因吗 |
[30:18] | Isn’t it possible? | 没有这种可能吗 |
[30:20] | Because now that he’s free, well, I don’t see you | 因为现在他单身了 我可没看到 |
[30:23] | fighting for him. | 你奋力争取过他 |
[30:26] | Are you saying I never really loved him? | 你是我从未真正爱过他吗 |
[30:28] | No, I’m saying | 不 我是说 |
[30:30] | that there may be a greater love for you | 这要你愿意敞开心扉 |
[30:33] | in the future, once you’re open to it. | 外来会有更伟大的爱在等着你 |
[30:35] | To him, whoever he may be. | 去爱他 无论他是谁 |
[30:37] | I’m beginning to see why Mary chose you as her lady | 我开始明白为什么玛丽会选择你 |
[30:41] | and as her friend. | 当她的侍女和朋友 |
[30:43] | You are brave, | 你很勇敢 |
[30:44] | perhaps wise… | 也许还很聪明 |
[30:47] | and definitely loyal. | 毫无疑问 你很忠诚 |
[30:49] | Uh, loyal? | 忠诚 |
[30:52] | My guards told me | 我的卫兵告诉我 |
[30:53] | you never revealed my part in our plan to Somerset. | 你没将我的计划告诉萨默赛特 |
[31:01] | She never would have told the truth | 如果你告诉了她 |
[31:02] | had you told her our secret. | 那她是不会说真话的 |
[31:05] | I owe you my thanks. | 我欠你一个感谢 |
[31:12] | John! | 约翰 |
[31:15] | My precious boy! | 我的宝贝孩子 |
[31:16] | Look at you walking! | 你都会走了 |
[31:18] | My love! | 我的宝贝 |
[31:22] | Oh, I missed you. | 我好想你 |
[31:26] | Oh, have you come to punish me | 你是来惩罚我的吗 |
[31:27] | for letting Charles sneak out of the castle | 因为我带查尔斯偷溜出城堡 |
[31:30] | on such a dangerous mission? | 去进行那么危险的任务 |
[31:31] | He told me all about it. | 他都告诉我了 |
[31:36] | You risked your life to save my son. | 你不顾生命危险救了我的儿子 |
[31:38] | And France. | 还有法国 |
[31:39] | I want to say that if you were | 若你能傻到 |
[31:40] | foolish enough to fight a gladiator, | 去和角斗士单挑 |
[31:44] | I’m hoping you are foolish enough to back a hated regent | 希望你也能傻到在动荡的年代 |
[31:47] | in turbulent times. | 回到让你憎恨的摄政王身边 |
[31:48] | I want you | 我想让你 |
[31:50] | as my Lord Chancellor. | 当我的御前大臣 |
[31:52] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[31:53] | Are you going to make me ask twice? | 你要我再说一遍吗 |
[31:55] | No, I… | 不 我… |
[31:57] | I am just the fool you’re looking for. | 我就是你要找的傻瓜 |
[32:02] | France needs you, so get better soon. | 法国需要你 快点好起来吧 |
[32:21] | Seems like we’re both much changed | 似乎自从我们上次见面后 |
[32:22] | since the last time we saw each other. | 我们俩都变了很多 |
[32:25] | Oh, Aloysius, I’m so sorry. | 阿洛伊修斯 我很抱歉 |
[32:28] | I think we had best just get on with this. | 我想我们该好好谈谈 |
[32:38] | Mary said you wanted to speak | 玛丽说你在做决定之前 |
[32:40] | before you made any decisions about us. | 想先说一些话 |
[32:44] | I’m sorry it happened this way, | 很抱歉出发生了这样的事 |
[32:45] | but the fact remains, I’m having this child. | 但事已至此 我怀了这个孩子 |
[32:48] | I would like to give it the best life I can. | 就想尽我所能给他最好的生活 |
[32:50] | I want my child to have a proper home– | 我想给我的孩子一个正常的家庭 |
[32:53] | a loving home– | 一个充满爱的家庭 |
[32:55] | and a good father. | 还有一位好父亲 |
[32:59] | I would like my child to have you. | 我想让我的孩子拥有你 |
[33:08] | Thank you for allowing me to see you | 谢谢你允许我在做决定之前 |
[33:10] | before I made any decision. | 先看看你 |
[33:11] | Now I know my answer. | 现在我有答案了 |
[33:14] | I’m sorry. I can’t help you. | 抱歉 我帮不了你 |
[33:17] | But, Aloysius, without you, I’m all alone. | 但阿洛伊修斯 没有你 我就孤身一人了 |
[33:20] | I could give birth any day, and I have nowhere else to turn. | 我马上就要分娩 却无人能帮 |
[33:22] | I’m sorry. I simply can’t. | 抱歉 我就是帮不了 |
[33:36] | Lord Castleroy. | 卡斯尔雷大人 |
[33:37] | I know I can’t imagine | 我知道我无法想象 |
[33:39] | what prison must do to one’s soul. | 监狱会如何改变一个人的灵魂 |
[33:41] | But I do know this: | 但我知道的是 |
[33:42] | the love you felt for Greer, | 你对葛瑞尔的爱 |
[33:45] | a love like that doesn’t just disappear. | 那样的爱不会轻易消失 |
[33:47] | Not completely. | 不会完全消失 |
[33:48] | There is always an ember remaining. | 总会留有余温的 |
[33:51] | Look deep in your heart for that ember, | 感受你心里的余温吧 |
[33:53] | I beg you. | 我请求你 |
[33:53] | For her sake and yours. | 为了她也为了你 |
[34:10] | I’m sorry for my behavior just now. | 我刚才的态度我很抱歉 |
[34:13] | You deserve better. | 你配得上更好的人 |
[34:14] | That’s quite all right. I understand. | 没事 我明白 |
[34:20] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不明白 |
[34:21] | No one does. | 没人会明白 |
[34:23] | Coming back to normal life– | 回到正常的生活中 |
[34:25] | the food, the freedom, the sunlight– | 有食物 有自由 有阳光 |
[34:26] | it’s all… it’s all overwhelming. | 太让人无法拒绝了 |
[34:29] | I feel like I’m… I’m different. | 我觉得我和以前不一样了 |
[34:32] | Aloysius, I’m different, too. | 阿洛伊修斯 我也变了 |
[34:36] | Do you think you could try | 你能试着 |
[34:38] | to start over with me? | 和我重新开始吗 |
[34:40] | To get back to where we once were? | 回到我们的起点 |
[34:43] | I know it will take time, but… | 我知道这会花上一段时间 但是… |
[34:45] | Get back to what? | 回到哪里 |
[34:47] | Was I ever what you wanted? Really? | 你一直以来想要的都是我吗 真的吗 |
[34:51] | Yes. Aloysius, I fell in love with you. | 真的 阿洛伊修斯 我爱上了你 |
[34:53] | I know you’ve always doubted it, but it’s true. | 我知道你一直怀疑这一点 但这是真的 |
[34:58] | Your… courage, | 你的勇气 |
[35:00] | your cleverness, | 你的才智 |
[35:02] | your kindness. | 你的善良 |
[35:05] | And that hasn’t changed. | 这些都未改变 |
[35:20] | These will allow you to establish a new life | 这些可以让你在法国任何地方 |
[35:22] | anywhere in France. | 重新开始新生活 |
[35:25] | Do you know where you’ll settle yet | 你知道你要去哪吗 |
[35:26] | or how you’ll get by? | 或者会经过哪里 |
[35:28] | We’re heading south. | 我们往南走 |
[35:29] | Somewhere warm and bright. | 找一个温暖明亮的地方 |
[35:34] | I’ve saved enough for Aloysius and I to start over. | 我有足够的积蓄让我们重新开始 |
[35:40] | What odd turns our lives have taken. | 我们的命运真是变幻无常 |
[35:43] | Mary, I can’t believe this is good-bye. | 玛丽 我们竟然要离别了 |
[35:46] | With Lola in England, you’re the last of my ladies, Greer. | 萝拉在英格兰 我只剩你一个侍女了葛瑞尔 |
[35:50] | What will I do without you? | 没了你我可怎么办 |
[35:51] | We came here to help you find your way at court. | 我们来帮助你在宫廷找到自己的位置 |
[35:54] | You found your way a long time ago. | 很久之前你已经做到了 |
[35:57] | It was always more than that. | 你们所做的不仅如此 |
[35:58] | We’re oldest and dearest friends. | 我们是最亲密的老友 |
[36:00] | And it breaks my heart to say it, but… | 我不想这么说 但是… |
[36:03] | friends grow up. | 朋友也会成长 |
[36:04] | And sometimes grow apart, | 有时也会分离 |
[36:06] | far from each other. | 咫尺天涯 |
[36:08] | But I’ll never forget what you’ve done for me. | 但我不会忘记你为我做的一切 |
[36:10] | For us. | 为我们做的一切 |
[36:15] | You’re going to be so happy. | 你会快乐地生活下去 |
[36:25] | It’s time. | 该走了 |
[36:27] | Lord Castleroy shouldn’t linger. | 卡斯尔雷大人不能待太久 |
[36:50] | I lose everyone I love. | 我失去了所有我所爱之人 |
[36:55] | Not everyone. | 不是所有的 |
[36:59] | Oh, you’re right, Bash. | 你说得对 巴斯 |
[37:02] | I’ve made so many friends here. | 我在这里交了很多好朋友 |
[37:03] | Especially you. | 特别是你 |
[37:05] | Mary, don’t be upset by what I’m going to tell you. | 玛丽 我要对你说的话你听了别生气 |
[37:08] | I don’t mean to add to your burdens, only lighten them. | 我不想增加你的负担 只想帮你一起承担 |
[37:10] | Of course. What is it? | 当然了 什么事 |
[37:12] | You’re going to Scotland soon. | 你很快就会去苏格兰了 |
[37:14] | You’re going to face terrible dangers there. | 你会面临可怕的危险 |
[37:16] | You’re not going to know at first | 你一开始不会知道 |
[37:16] | who your friends or your enemies are. | 谁是朋友谁是敌人 |
[37:18] | You’re going to need someone close who can protect you. | 你需要一个亲近的人去保护你 |
[37:21] | Someone whose love for you cannot be questioned. | 一个无条件爱你的人 |
[37:24] | Bash… | 巴斯… |
[37:25] | I’m going to Scotland with you. | 我会和你一起去苏格兰 |
[37:27] | No, I can’t let you do that. | 不 我不能让你去 |
[37:28] | I’m not asking for anything in return. | 我不求回报 |
[37:30] | I know that you have to marry a prince or a king. | 我知道你必须嫁给王子或国王 |
[37:34] | But what you said to Castleroy, | 但你对卡斯尔雷说的话 |
[37:35] | the embers that burn in your heart… | 心里的余温… |
[37:38] | and they never go cold, not completely. | 它们从未熄灭 从未完全消失 |
[37:40] | I know, because, trust me, I’ve tried to douse mine. | 我知道的 相信我 我试图熄灭它 |
[37:43] | But I’m done trying. | 但我已经不想再试了 |
[37:44] | Those embers, they keep me warm. | 这余温给我温暖 |
[37:47] | And they will, as long as I’m lucky enough to serve you. | 只要我还有幸能帮助你 它就会继续存在 |
[37:59] | Honored generals, the Valois are pleased | 尊敬的将军们 瓦卢瓦家族很高兴 |
[38:02] | to present you with payment of all wages | 能够付给你们所有酬劳 |
[38:05] | due to the brave soldiers who served in Scotland. | 感谢那些在苏格兰奋战的士兵们 |
[38:07] | Today’s threats come from anarchists; | 今天无政府主义者威胁我们 |
[38:09] | tomorrow’s may come from abroad. | 明天就会有国外的威胁 |
[38:11] | But with you in our service, France shall feel no fear. | 但有你们在 法国无所畏惧 |
[38:16] | We pledge our lives to the defense of your crown, | 我们愿牺牲生命捍卫您的王位 |
[38:19] | your reign and your realm. | 您的通知和您的国家 |
[38:22] | Long live King Charles. | 查尔斯国王万岁 |
[38:23] | And a long life to all those who stand before me. | 也祝在座各位健康长寿 |
[38:26] | Long live King Charles. | 查尔斯国王万岁 |
[38:28] | Now, please, bring out more wine and enjoy this feast. | 请上更多酒 好好享受盛宴 |
[38:32] | Majesty, a tribute | 陛下 一份礼物 |
[38:33] | was just delivered to your chambers. | 刚刚送到您的寝宫 |
[38:35] | The messenger suggested | 信使建议 |
[38:35] | it was to be worn at the banquet. | 最好在宴会的时候穿 |
[38:38] | Was it from Mary, perhaps? | 是玛丽送的吗 |
[38:40] | Or Narcisse? | 还是纳西斯 |
[38:44] | Charles, | 查尔斯 |
[38:44] | don’t stop with the toasts. | 别停下 |
[38:46] | I’ll be just a moment. | 我去去就来 |
[38:58] | “History repeats itself.” | “历史将会重演” |
[39:05] | The Red Knights mask. | 红衣骑士面具 |
[39:06] | No. | 不 |
[39:09] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[39:12] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[39:15] | Oh, please. | 不 |
[39:16] | Not Charles, please. | 不要动查尔斯 |
[39:31] | Darling. | 亲爱的 |
[39:34] | Let go. He’s dead. | 放手吧 他死了 |
[39:37] | He’s gone. I don’t understand. | 他死了 我不懂 |
[39:38] | He’s been poisoned. | 他被下毒了 |
[39:40] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[39:44] | This was you, this? | 是你吗 |
[39:46] | This was the Red Knights. | 是红衣骑士 |
[39:47] | They just left their calling card in my chambers. | 他们刚在我的寝室留下了信息 |
[39:51] | Who I trying to save might did it. | 我要救的人可能是凶手 |
[39:59] | That means the glasses might be poisoned. | 酒杯可能被下毒了 |
[40:03] | All but us. | 除了我们之外全中毒了 |
[40:05] | Which means they already inside the castle. | 也就是说他们在城堡里 |
[40:07] | They would pick and choose who they would kill. | 可以自由选择杀谁 |
[40:09] | Why spare us? | 为什么放过我们 |
[40:13] | They want the world to think that we did this, | 他们想让别人认为这是我们干的 |
[40:15] | killed the generals to get out paying them. | 因为付不起钱杀了将军们 |
[40:17] | We murdered them | 谋杀了他们 |
[40:18] | like the Red Knights before. | 就像红衣骑士那样 |
[40:21] | The world would believe this is the history repeats itself. | 人们会相信这是历史重演 |
[40:24] | But we have the money we would repaying them. | 但我们有钱付给他们啊 |
[40:25] | Don’t you see? | 你还看不出来吗 |
[40:26] | Everyone who knows that is dead. | 知道这一点的人全死了 |
[40:29] | And when what do this gets out, | 这个消息一旦传出 |
[40:31] | the army will rise up with the people. | 军队会和人们一起反抗 |
[40:33] | And we will burning. | 我们会被毁于一旦 |