时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | My sister, Queen Leeza. | 我的姐妹莉扎王后 |
[00:03] | She’s become quite pious | 在嫁给西班牙国王后 |
[00:05] | since marrying the king of Spain. | 她已然是个虔诚的信徒 |
[00:06] | Philip thinks you need to draw | 菲利普认为你应该 |
[00:08] | your Catholic nobles closer. | 更加拉拢天主教贵族们 |
[00:10] | Secure their loyalty, their gold. | 保障他们的金子 从而确保他们的忠诚 |
[00:12] | Spain can’t fund this court forever. | 西班牙不可能永远资助法国宫廷 |
[00:14] | John Knox tried to have you killed, not Mary. | 是约翰·诺克斯想杀你 而不是玛丽 |
[00:16] | Knox is a respected Protestant leader. | 诺克斯是一位受尊敬的新教徒领袖 |
[00:19] | I can’t go after him without evidence. | 没有证据的话 我不会去针对他 |
[00:21] | Evidence that died along with your witness. | 证据跟你的目击者死在一起了 |
[00:23] | Did you know about Knox? | 你知道诺克斯的事吗 |
[00:25] | I knew. | 我知道 |
[00:26] | You have a long road to travel before I trust you again. | 要想再让我相信你 你还要努力证明自己 |
[00:29] | Lord Narcisse, you provided crucial information to the Crown. | 纳西斯伯爵 你为女王提供了重要信息 |
[00:32] | And as a reward, I am transferring you out of the Tower. | 作为奖赏 我会将你送出高塔 |
[00:35] | Elizabeth executed my friend. | 伊丽莎白处决了我的朋友 |
[00:37] | I’m not looking for a man to love, | 我找的不是爱人 |
[00:39] | I’m looking for a weapon to use against her. | 而是一件对付她的武器 |
[00:41] | I need power, I need a husband. | 我需要权力 我需要一个丈夫 |
[00:43] | And that husband is Lord Darnley. | 那个丈夫就是达恩利 |
[00:45] | So you’ve come to my court to bargain. | 所以你是来跟我谈条件的 |
[00:48] | I am in love with a woman I can’t have. | 我爱上了一个我无法拥有的女人 |
[00:49] | She is promised to a suitor of a powerful family. | 她被许给了一个有权有势家族的追求者 |
[00:52] | You can break their engagement. | 你可以取消他们的婚约 |
[00:53] | If you do this for me, | 如果你为我这么做 |
[00:54] | Queen Mary and I will never meet, | 玛丽女王和我不会见面 |
[00:56] | and without me, Mary Stuart will be powerless against you. | 没有我 玛丽·斯图尔特就没力量反对你了 |
[01:09] | Halt! | 停下 |
[01:10] | In the name of the English Crown! | 以英格兰女王的名义 |
[01:12] | Halt! | 停下 |
[01:14] | Halt! | 停下 |
[01:15] | Please. We’re just farmers. | 拜托 我们只是农民 |
[01:25] | You’re farmers of gunpowder, by the looks of it. | 看起来你们是运火药的农民 |
[01:28] | – You’re Scottish Guard. – On my life, | -你们是苏格兰的侍卫 -我以生命发誓 |
[01:30] | the village of Canonbie will never surrender. | 卡侬比村庄绝不会投降 |
[01:32] | No need to give your life today. | 今天你没必要送命 |
[01:35] | Instead… give Queen Mary a message. | 给玛丽女王传个信吧 |
[01:40] | Please tell me we’ve received word from Lord Darnley. | 拜托告诉我 我们收到了达恩利大人的消息 |
[01:42] | Otherwise, James, I might be alarmed by your urgent manner. | 不然 詹姆斯 你的紧急态度会让我震惊 |
[01:45] | Some things are more important than Darnley’s strange silence, | 有些事比达恩利的奇怪沉默 |
[01:48] | or your marriage plans. | 或者你的联姻计划更为重要 |
[01:50] | I know you are opposed to Darnley | 我知道你反对达恩利 |
[01:51] | because he is a Catholic lord, | 因为他是天主教领主 |
[01:52] | but if I am to protect myself against Elizabeth… | 但如果我要保护自己免受伊丽莎白的伤害… |
[01:55] | – Protect your own country first. – Bring a basin of water. | -先保护你的国家吧 -拿一盆水来 |
[01:58] | Why? What’s happening? | 为什么 出什么事了 |
[02:00] | Easy, lad. | 放松 |
[02:02] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[02:04] | Who did this to you? | 谁对你做的 |
[02:06] | We were intercepted a mile outside Canonbie. | 出卡侬比一英里后 就有人拦住了我们 |
[02:09] | You poor young man. | 可怜的年轻人 |
[02:10] | Two of our soldiers were disguised as peasants, | 我们的两名士兵装扮成了农民 |
[02:12] | but their farm cart was ambushed nonetheless. | 但他们的农用车依然被伏击了 |
[02:15] | English soldiers took the grain and the munition. | 英格兰士兵拿走了粮食和军火 |
[02:18] | Canonbie is a Scottish town. | 卡侬比是苏格兰小镇 |
[02:19] | The English had no right. | 英格兰人无权这样做 |
[02:20] | It’s a disputed border region. | 那是边界争议区 |
[02:22] | One that I swore to protect. | 那是我发誓保护的地方 |
[02:24] | If we don’t get supplies | 如果在本周末之前 |
[02:25] | to the town by the end of the week, | 我们没能将补给送去小镇 |
[02:26] | the villagers will starve. | 村民会饿死 |
[02:28] | The soldiers said the siege would be lifted | 士兵说如果卡侬比投降 |
[02:30] | if Canonbie surrendered. | 他们就不再围攻 |
[02:32] | I told them the villagers would rather die. | 我跟他们说村民们宁愿去死 |
[02:35] | This is the third time | 这是第三次 |
[02:37] | we’ve tried to supply arms | 我们向卡侬比 |
[02:38] | and food to Canonbie. | 送武器和食物了 |
[02:40] | I was promised this would not happen again. | 有人保证这种事不会再次发生的 |
[02:42] | It should not have, Your Majesty. | 本来不该发生的 女王陛下 |
[02:44] | But somehow, the English were aware of our movements. | 但不知怎么 英格兰人知道我们的行动 |
[02:50] | All three times. | 三次都知道啊 |
[02:53] | The question is, how? | 问题是怎么知道的 |
[03:03] | Darnley… | 达恩利 |
[03:04] | my love… | 我的爱人 |
[03:07] | We can’t. | 不行 |
[03:10] | If I’m not whole on my wedding night… | 如果在我新婚之夜我不是处子之身 |
[03:12] | As your husband, | 作为你丈夫 |
[03:14] | I will promise not to judge. | 我保证不会评头论足 |
[03:16] | But you are not my husband yet. | 但你还不是我丈夫 |
[03:20] | In case you’ve forgotten, | 你也许忘了 |
[03:20] | I am still engaged to Lord White, not you. | 我还是怀特大人的未婚妻 不是你的 |
[03:23] | Darling, I told you, that’s being taken care of. | 亲爱的 我跟你说过了 这件事解决了 |
[03:26] | Queen Elizabeth is negotiating with Lord White | 伊丽莎白女王在和怀特大人协商 |
[03:29] | to get you out of your engagement | 解除你的婚约 |
[03:31] | so that we can be together. | 这样我们就能在一起了 |
[03:34] | What about your mother? | 那你母亲呢 |
[03:35] | She seems determined to make you a king. | 她似乎决心要让你成为国王 |
[03:37] | Accepting Mary’s invitation to the Scottish court | 接受玛丽去苏格兰宫廷的邀请 |
[03:39] | does not guarantee me a crown. | 并不能保证让我成为国王 |
[03:42] | And I would lose you. | 而且我还会失去你 |
[03:46] | I can’t lose you. | 我不能失去你 |
[03:49] | Keira… | 凯拉 |
[03:50] | you are more important to me than all the kingdoms in the world. | 你比世界上的所有王国对我来说还重要 |
[03:54] | More important than Scotland… | 比苏格兰更重要 |
[03:58] | …or England… | 还有英格兰 |
[04:01] | …or my own satisfaction, | 以及我的一己私欲 |
[04:02] | which is why I will preserve your virtue | 所以我会保留你的童真 |
[04:04] | for our wedding night. | 留到我们的新婚之夜 |
[04:09] | But that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy ourselves. | 但那并不意味着我们不能好好享受 |
[04:14] | Queen Mary doesn’t know what she’s missing. | 玛丽女王不知道自己错过了什么 |
[04:18] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[04:19] | It did seem as though it would be | 但这次的分数 |
[04:21] | a closer game this time, didn’t it? | 看起来更接近 对吧 |
[04:25] | You only beat me by one point. | 你只赢了我一分 |
[04:27] | Did I? | 是吗 |
[04:28] | Oh. I think you’re mistaken. | 看来你弄错了 |
[04:32] | It’s another crushing defeat. | 这是一场压倒性的胜利 |
[04:34] | Clearly, I am not a worthy adversary. | 显然 作为对手我还入不了您的眼 |
[04:38] | You know, I would understand | 如果你直接把我送回家的话 |
[04:39] | if you simply sent me home. | 我还能理解 |
[04:43] | Are you forgetting you stabbed two of my guards | 你是不是忘了 在你妻子试图谋害我后 |
[04:46] | after your wife tried to have me killed? | 你刺伤了两名我的侍卫 |
[04:47] | John Knox tried to have you killed. | 是约翰·诺克斯想谋害你 |
[04:49] | Which you would never have known about, | 要不是我告诉你 |
[04:51] | had I not informed you. | 你根本不可能知道这个消息 |
[04:52] | And that is the only reason | 正因如此 |
[04:53] | I’m allowing you to return to France… | 我才允许你返回法国 |
[04:56] | that is, if they’ll have you. | 如果他们还愿意接受你的话 |
[04:59] | What does that mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[05:01] | Well, I sent the terms of your release over a week ago, | 我一周前就发出了你的释放条款 |
[05:03] | though I’ve heard nothing. | 然后我还没收到任何回音 |
[05:05] | The ball is, as they say, in the Valois court. | 如他们所说 决定权在瓦卢瓦宫廷手上 |
[05:08] | Well… clearly, King Charles is dealing | 显然 查尔斯国王 |
[05:11] | with more pressing matters. | 正在处理更紧迫的事务 |
[05:12] | I assume he relies more heavily | 我想他应该是更为依仗 |
[05:14] | on his experienced advisors, | 他那些经验丰富的大臣们 |
[05:16] | which is why I wrote to Catherine de Medici directly. | 所以我的信是直接发给凯瑟琳·梅第奇的 |
[05:21] | Then why hasn’t she responded? | 那她为什么还不回复呢 |
[05:23] | It’s almost as though she doesn’t want you back. | 看起来她似乎并不想让你回到法国 |
[05:27] | Bocce… such a devious game. | 地掷球 这真是个迂回的游戏 |
[05:30] | But it is Italian, after all. | 不过毕竟这是意大利人玩的游戏 |
[05:33] | Your Majesty, | 女王陛下 |
[05:34] | might I have a word? | 我能和您说句话吗 |
[05:35] | If it’s regarding Lord Darnley’s | 如果是有关达恩利大人的 |
[05:36] | marriage arrangement, speak freely. | 婚事的话 不妨直言 |
[05:38] | Lord Narcisse has bigger things | 比起做媒 纳西斯大人 |
[05:40] | on his mind than matchmaking, | 现在有更重要的事情要考虑 |
[05:41] | such as how to avoid another humiliating loss. | 比如如何避免再一次不光彩的输掉 |
[05:47] | Lord White has | 怀特大人 |
[05:49] | reluctantly agreed to release Lady Keira | 虽不情愿 但还是同意与凯拉小姐 |
[05:51] | from her engagement, but he isn’t happy about it. | 解除婚约 但他十分不悦 |
[05:54] | I’ve arranged to send a substantial sum. | 我已经安排好给他送去大量赔偿 |
[05:56] | Then we are one step closer | 如此一来 我们进一步 |
[05:58] | to keeping Darnley from Mary’s reach. | 将达恩利与玛丽隔离开来了 |
[06:01] | Well done. | 干得不错 |
[06:03] | I admit, I was concerned | 我承认 我一度担心 |
[06:04] | about your reluctance | 你是否会抗拒 |
[06:06] | to work against your “other” Queen. | 与你的另一位女王作对 |
[06:08] | I have one queen, | 我只有一位女王 |
[06:09] | one country and one goal: peace. | 一个祖国 也只有一个目标 那就是和平 |
[06:12] | A political marriage between Mary and Lord Darnley | 玛丽和达恩利大人间的政治联姻 |
[06:14] | would only fan the flames of war. | 只会燃起战争的火焰 |
[06:16] | What is not a step towards peace | 而约翰·诺克斯已经 |
[06:18] | is that John Knox has arrived at English court. | 抵达英格兰宫廷一事 则与和平无益 |
[06:22] | Knox accepted my invitation. | 诺克斯接受了我的邀约 |
[06:23] | He plotted your assassination and dares to show his face here? | 他有意暗杀你 竟还敢在此露面 |
[06:26] | He knows I cannot arrest him | 他知道除非手握他叛国的证据 |
[06:27] | without proof of his treachery, which I do not have. | 否则我无法逮捕他 而我确实没证据 |
[06:30] | Then why on earth have you brought him here? | 那你为什么还要把他带到这里来 |
[06:32] | If Knox accepted my invitation, | 如果诺克斯接受了我的邀约 |
[06:33] | it means he does not suspect I know his involvement. | 那就意味着他没想到我已经知道他参与其中 |
[06:36] | Knox’s weakness is that he thinks he’s untouchable. | 诺克斯的弱点在于他觉得自己高高在上 |
[06:40] | But I have a plan to show him he’s not. | 但我有个计划能让他知道 他并非如此 |
[06:47] | Another Mass. | 又一次弥撒 |
[06:48] | God must be drowning in our adoration. | 上帝肯定要溺毙在我们的敬仰中了 |
[06:50] | I like Mass. It brings me comfort | 我喜欢弥撒 它能带给我安宁 |
[06:53] | to know that Leith’s soul can be at peace. | 能让我知道利思的灵魂得到了安息 |
[06:56] | Some advice from a caring sister? | 需要我这个姐姐给你点建议吗 |
[06:59] | Don’t grieve so openly for a commoner | 不要如此公开地对一个平民之死 |
[07:01] | you should never have even considered marrying. | 表示悲痛 你甚至不该考虑嫁给他 |
[07:03] | It will hurt your reputation, and for what? | 这会损害你的名誉 这有什么好处呢 |
[07:05] | He’s dead. | 他人都死了 |
[07:07] | How often is Charles taking the Eucharist? | 查尔斯多久吃一次圣餐 |
[07:09] | He’s back from Paris, I sent word | 他从巴黎回来了 我告诉他 |
[07:11] | that we were attending Mass; why didn’t he join us? | 我们在参加弥撒了 他为什么不和我们一起 |
[07:13] | The king is a pious but busy man. | 国王虽虔诚 但国事繁忙 |
[07:15] | Or should be. | 是这样就好了 |
[07:16] | The nobles tell me he missed the last two privy council meetings | 贵族们告诉我他前两次枢密院会议都没参加 |
[07:19] | because he’d taken to his bed. | 因为他卧病在床了 |
[07:21] | They lack leadership, | 他们缺乏领导 |
[07:22] | especially with the lord chancellor | 特别是当大法官 |
[07:24] | stuck in English prison. | 还被关在英格兰监狱时 |
[07:25] | I assure you that Lord Narcisse’s return | 我向你保证 纳西斯大人回归法国一事 |
[07:27] | is being taken care of. | 我们已经处理好了 |
[07:28] | Queen Elizabeth has sent word | 伊丽莎白女王已经送信来说 |
[07:30] | that the English are willing to release him | 只要法国进行经济补偿 |
[07:32] | if France makes monetary reparations. | 英格兰就愿意释放他 |
[07:34] | Doesn’t that require the king’s signature? | 那不需要国王的签名吗 |
[07:36] | I don’t see that happening anytime soon, | 查尔斯现在这么忙于国事 |
[07:38] | what with Charles so “busy.” | 我看这事一时半会是不成了 |
[07:41] | Admit it, Mother: | 承认吧 母亲 |
[07:42] | France needs new leadership. | 法国需要新的领袖 |
[07:47] | I can’t believe it. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[07:49] | Charles fires me as his regent | 查尔斯罢免了我的摄政王之位 |
[07:51] | so he can rule the country by himself | 好让自己可以独掌治理国家的大权 |
[07:53] | and he’s not even ruling it. | 结果他根本掌控不了这个国家 |
[07:55] | Charles fired you because you were a self-serving tyrant | 查尔斯罢免你是因为你是个肆意妄为的暴君 |
[07:57] | whom he could no longer trust. | 他没法再相信你 |
[07:59] | Why, Claude, how nice of you to take time | 克劳德 我真感激你从无尽的悲痛中 |
[08:01] | away from your grief to criticize. | 抽出时间来指责我 |
[08:04] | This is more important | 较之我与你弟弟间 |
[08:05] | than my strained relations with your brother. | 紧张的关系 这事更为重要 |
[08:09] | If the position of lord chancellor remains open, | 如果大法官一职无人担任 |
[08:11] | Spain will try to fill it with one of their own, | 西班牙会试图让他们的人来担任 |
[08:13] | and granting Spain a presence in our government | 如此一来就在我们的政府中给西班牙争得一席之位 |
[08:16] | practically makes France a Spanish colony. | 这样就使法国成为西班牙的殖民地了 |
[08:19] | I will not allow it. | 我决不允许 |
[08:20] | Your brother can sign those papers in my blood, | 你弟弟可以用我的血来签署这些文件 |
[08:23] | but I and France need Narcisse! | 但我和法国需要纳西斯 |
[08:25] | I selected those four generals myself, Mary. | 那四位将军是我亲自选的 玛丽 |
[08:28] | I’ve known them for years. | 我和他们相识多年了 |
[08:29] | I don’t believe there’s a traitor among them. | 我不相信他们中会有叛徒 |
[08:30] | The only people who knew about | 知道我们想要给卡侬比 |
[08:32] | our attempts to supply Canonbie | 提供补给的只有 |
[08:33] | were those generals, myself and you. | 只有那些将军 我和你 |
[08:36] | And yet England has thwarted us every time. | 可是每次英格兰都能探听到消息 |
[08:40] | Through luck or skill, I don’t know. | 我不知道靠的是运气还是手段 |
[08:42] | But I trust those men. | 但我信任他们 |
[08:44] | They are loyal both to Scotland and to you. | 他们都忠于苏格兰和你 |
[08:46] | And what about their servants? | 那他们的仆人呢 |
[08:48] | Or their wives? | 或是他们的妻子 |
[08:51] | You tend to underestimate women, James. | 你总爱低估女人 詹姆斯 |
[08:53] | Like you underestimated me. | 就像你低估了我一样 |
[08:56] | I made a mistake. | 是我做错了 |
[08:57] | I failed to tell you | 我没告诉你 |
[08:58] | about Knox’s involvement in Lola’s death | 诺克斯与萝拉的死有关 |
[09:00] | because I didn’t trust your leadership, | 因为我不相信你的领导力 |
[09:03] | and I was wrong. | 可是我错了 |
[09:04] | Now I don’t know who to trust. | 可现在我不知道该信任谁 |
[09:06] | You had your own agenda when you rescued me from Clan Gordon. | 你将我从戈登家族救出来时有自己的计划 |
[09:09] | And you forced my hand against them, | 可你逼我对付了他们 |
[09:11] | making me an enemy of the Catholics and John Knox. | 让我成为约翰·诺克斯和天主教徒共同的敌人 |
[09:14] | Now I have no choice to serve anyone but you. | 现在我别无选择 只能忠于你 |
[09:16] | Which brings me to ask you this, James, can I trust you? | 这不禁让我想问 詹姆斯 我能信任你吗 |
[09:18] | Canonbie isn’t Clan Gordon. | 卡侬比与戈登家族不同 |
[09:20] | It’s not a Catholic or Protestant issue. | 这不是天主教和新教之间的问题 |
[09:23] | This is about Scotland. | 而是事关苏格兰的问题 |
[09:24] | None of us wants that village falling to England. | 我们都不希望那里落入英格兰手里 |
[09:26] | Well, someone does, and they’re close to me. | 有人希望 而且是我的身边人 |
[09:29] | Do you have any idea what it feels like | 你明白那种 |
[09:31] | to have a whole village’s lives in your hands, | 全村人的命都在你的手里 |
[09:34] | and not know who I can trust? | 你却不知道能信任谁的感觉吗 |
[09:36] | Not even my own brother? | 甚至连亲哥哥都不敢相信 |
[09:38] | – Mary… – Stop. | -玛丽… -够了 |
[09:39] | There is nothing you can say. | 你不必再说了 |
[09:40] | Your actions have spoken for you. | 事实胜于雄辩 |
[09:44] | And if I am going to be alone, | 如果我只能孤军奋战 |
[09:45] | then I will save Canonbie myself. | 那我就一个人去解救卡侬比 |
[09:56] | Reverend Knox, thank you so much for coming. | 诺克斯教士 感谢你能来 |
[10:00] | I was honored… | 我很荣幸 |
[10:00] | and surprised by your request. | 也很惊讶于你的邀请 |
[10:04] | Please excuse the heightened security. | 请原谅这森严的防卫 |
[10:08] | You may not have heard, | 你可能还没听说 |
[10:09] | but there was recently an attack on my life | 前阵子在这座城堡里 |
[10:11] | at my own castle, and I think | 有人想取我性命 |
[10:14] | you can guess who was responsible. | 你应该猜得到幕后主使是谁 |
[10:18] | Mary, Queen of Scots. | 苏格兰女王 玛丽 |
[10:21] | Well, what can you expect from a Catholic? | 天主教徒都这样 |
[10:24] | And a woman. | 还是个女人 |
[10:26] | It was Eve who damned us all. | 正是夏娃害了我们所有人 |
[10:28] | If it’s my preaching on women’s roles | 如果你想讨论的是我的布道中 |
[10:30] | you wish to discuss… | 关于女性角色的内容 |
[10:31] | Actually, no. | 其实并不是 |
[10:33] | But I would like to talk about joining forces against Mary. | 但我想谈谈关于联手对付玛丽的事 |
[10:36] | Mary’s return to Scotland is | 玛丽回到苏格兰 |
[10:38] | inconvenient for both of us. | 给你我都带来了烦恼 |
[10:39] | Despite our differences, there must be a way | 尽管我们各有立场 但我们肯定能 |
[10:42] | we can work together on her removal. | 想到办法联手除掉她 |
[10:44] | Mary has managed to turn many of the nobles | 玛丽已经重新拉拢了很多 |
[10:46] | who formerly opposed her. | 曾经反对她的贵族 |
[10:48] | But they could be turned back. | 但我们可以再把他们拉拢回来 |
[10:50] | For a price, I imagine. | 估计需要大价钱吧 |
[10:51] | Their loyalty does not come cheaply. | 他们的忠诚可不便宜 |
[10:54] | Give me a day to gather the funds. | 给我一天时间筹措资金 |
[10:56] | Until then, I hope you will stay here at court as my guest. | 在那之前 希望你能作为我的客人留在宫廷 |
[11:04] | Despite our differences, perhaps this is the beginning | 尽管我们立场不同 但这或许是 |
[11:08] | of a mutually beneficial alliance. | 一个互利互惠联盟的开端 |
[11:11] | I could not look forward to anything more. | 这正是我最期待的事 |
[11:19] | I had forgotten how much I missed silk brocade. | 我真是你太怀念丝绸裙子了 |
[11:22] | And don’t get me wrong, Scottish wool is very warm… | 别曲解我 苏格兰羊毛非常暖和 |
[11:25] | But French clothes are so beautiful. | 但法国的衣服太美了 |
[11:28] | It’s not disloyal to Scotland to admire them. | 喜欢它们又不是叛国 |
[11:30] | Catherine sent me these weeks ago, | 凯瑟琳几周前寄来了它们 |
[11:32] | just haven’t had time to unpack. | 一直没时间拆开包裹 |
[11:34] | A St. Brigid’s Day party is the perfect excuse. | 圣女彼济达日宴会真是好理由 |
[11:36] | The tradition of blessing new garments, | 祝福新裙子的传统 |
[11:38] | give the ladies of the court a chance to see | 让宫廷中的女人们见识一下 |
[11:40] | the latest in French fashion. | 法国最新的时尚 |
[11:43] | And you think the information being leaked is | 你觉得消息是从某个将军的妻子 |
[11:45] | coming through one of the generals’ wives? | 那里泄露出去的 |
[11:47] | It’s the next logical place to look. | 那是第二个合理的推测 |
[11:49] | I want to believe James when he says that my generals | 我想先相信詹姆斯所说的 |
[11:51] | are loyal to me, | 将军们都忠于我 |
[11:52] | but men forget that women have ears. | 但男人总是忘记女人也有耳朵 |
[11:56] | Yes, well, it wouldn’t be the first part | 男人最先想到的向来不是 |
[11:57] | of the female anatomy that comes to a man’s mind. | 女性身体的那个部分 |
[12:00] | So… | 那么 |
[12:01] | how can I help? | 我能帮上什么忙 |
[12:02] | The dresses are just the draw. | 裙子只是个引子 |
[12:04] | I need you to make sure that the party is… relaxed. | 你得让整个宴会轻松点 |
[12:07] | And once everyone, including the generals’ wives, | 等所有人包括将军的妻子们 |
[12:09] | have let down their guard, | 放松了戒备 |
[12:11] | I will drop a bit of information in confidence. | 我会说些假消息 |
[12:13] | If that information leaks, it will reveal | 如果消息泄露了 我们就会知道 |
[12:15] | who the traitors are in my court. | 宫里谁是叛徒 |
[12:17] | It’s an excellent plan. | 真是个好计策 |
[12:19] | Oh, I’ve missed this. | 我真怀念这些 |
[12:20] | What, spying? | 暗中行动吗 |
[12:21] | Saving Scottish villages? | 拯救苏格兰村庄 |
[12:23] | Spending time with you… | 和你在一起 |
[12:24] | and having a party, | 还有开宴会 |
[12:25] | even if the purpose is political. | 尽管是出于政治目的 |
[12:28] | I’ve missed you, too. | 我也想你 |
[12:30] | Since I’ve arrived in Scotland, I’ve felt | 自从我回到苏格兰 我就觉得 |
[12:32] | very alone with no one to turn to. | 十分孤独 没人可以倾诉 |
[12:35] | In fact, I was hoping to make your visit more permanent. | 其实 我希望你能一直留在这里 |
[12:38] | How? | 什么理由 |
[12:38] | I had to respond officially to Lola’s involvement | 我不得不承认萝拉 |
[12:42] | in the assassination attempt against Elizabeth. | 与意图行刺伊丽莎白一事有关 |
[12:44] | I had no choice but to confiscate her family’s lands. | 也只能收回她家的封地 |
[12:47] | But Lola was tricked and her family have already suffered enough. | 但萝拉是被人欺骗 她家里已经很难受了 |
[12:50] | I know, and I want to be sure | 我知道 我希望 |
[12:51] | they’re taken care of, | 能有人照顾他们 |
[12:52] | which is why I am asking you | 所以我才要请你 |
[12:54] | and Castleroy to move here | 还有卡斯尔雷搬到这里 |
[12:56] | and manage their lands for them. | 管理他们的领地 |
[12:58] | You could set up residence at court, | 你可以住在宫廷内 |
[13:00] | at least for part of the time, and be my lady again. | 哪怕只是暂住 也可再次担任我的侍女 |
[13:02] | Mary, I… | 玛丽 我… |
[13:04] | don’t know what to say. | 我不知该说什么 |
[13:05] | I understand if you need some time to think. | 我理解你需要时间来考虑 |
[13:07] | There is much to miss in France. | 法国有许多东西值得你留恋 |
[13:11] | But I do hope you say yes, Greer. | 但我希望你能答应 葛瑞尔 |
[13:14] | Honestly, I need someone here I can trust. | 老实说 我身边需要信得过的人 |
[13:18] | Well, this is a very generous proposal and a chance | 你的提议确实十分慷慨 而且 |
[13:21] | to regain my best friend. | 我也能与最好的朋友重聚 |
[13:24] | I shall write to Castleroy immediately | 我会立即给卡斯尔雷写信 |
[13:25] | and tell him of your kind offer. | 把你的提议告诉他 |
[13:33] | Ah, Charles, if I could have a moment. | 查尔斯 我有事要找你 |
[13:35] | Not now, I need some air. | 现在不行 我要透透气 |
[13:37] | Well, you can breathe while I talk. | 你可以边透气边听我说 |
[13:39] | There are urgent matters that require your attention. | 有许多急事需要你处理 |
[13:41] | Again? I’m sick of people asking things of me. | 又来了 我好烦别人找我干这干那 |
[13:45] | You are the king, | 你是国王 |
[13:46] | that is the job. | 这是你的职责 |
[13:48] | Queen Elizabeth will release Narcisse, | 伊丽莎白女王愿意放了纳西斯 |
[13:50] | but she is demanding compensation for his return, | 但她提出了交换条件 |
[13:52] | so if you could please sign these documents, | 你得签署这些文件 |
[13:54] | we can get our lord chancellor back. | 才能将大法官救回来 |
[13:56] | I’ll look at it later. | 我回头看 |
[13:58] | At least think of your nephew, | 至少为你的侄子想想 |
[13:59] | young John. | 年轻的约翰 |
[14:00] | He’s also trapped in England, surrounded | 他还被困在英格兰 |
[14:02] | by strangers instead of home with his family. | 被陌生人包围 无法回到家人身边 |
[14:04] | Lucky him. | 他可真幸运 |
[14:06] | Charles, wait. | 查尔斯 等等 |
[14:10] | What has happened to your arm? | 你的手臂怎么了 |
[14:11] | It’s fine. I fell. | 没事 我摔了 |
[14:13] | It’s a minor injury. | 小伤而已 |
[14:14] | – Please let me look at it. – I said it’s fine. | -让我看看 -我说了没事 |
[14:16] | – I haven’t been sleeping well. – Well, then bring Narcisse home | -我最近睡得不好 -那就救纳西斯回来 |
[14:19] | and let someone else take the burden. | 让别人来背这个担子 |
[14:23] | Your absences are starting to be cause for concern, | 你的缺席已经开始引人注意 |
[14:26] | particularly with your sister, Leeza. | 尤其是你姐姐 莉扎 |
[14:27] | At least dine with your family. | 至少跟家人吃顿饭吧 |
[14:29] | Show her you are present and capable of ruling | 告诉她你还在 而且就算没有西班牙的帮助 |
[14:32] | this country without Spain’s help. | 你也能将王位坐稳 |
[14:33] | If I say I’ll come to lunch, will you stop talking? | 要是我同意来吃午餐 你会闭嘴吗 |
[14:36] | Yes. | 会 |
[14:38] | And perhaps you will sign these documents later? | 之后你会签署这些文件吧 |
[14:46] | Lord Narcisse. | 纳西斯伯爵 |
[14:47] | The Queen requests your presence. | 女王要见你 |
[14:49] | Please, tell me that France | 拜托 告诉我法国王室 |
[14:50] | has finally negotiated my release. | 已经谈妥了释放我一事 |
[14:53] | Sorry, no. | 抱歉 没有 |
[14:54] | But perhaps you can earn your own way home. | 不过你也许可以自己想办法回去 |
[14:56] | The man responsible for your wife’s death is here. | 害死你妻子的男人来了 |
[14:58] | Elizabeth has a favor to ask. | 伊丽莎白要请你帮忙 |
[15:03] | So, are you killing Knox, or am I? | 你要杀诺克斯 还是我来 |
[15:05] | Knox cannot be harmed while he’s here in England. | 诺克斯不能在英格兰遇害 |
[15:09] | Me, then. | 那就我来 |
[15:11] | Let me be clear, | 让我跟你说清楚 |
[15:13] | Lord Narcisse. | 纳西斯伯爵 |
[15:14] | I do not want you | 我不是要你 |
[15:15] | to assassinate John Knox, | 去刺杀约翰·诺克斯 |
[15:17] | not until I get what I want. | 得让我先得偿所愿 |
[15:20] | – Which is? – Proof of who my enemies are. | -什么愿 -证明我的敌人是谁 |
[15:22] | You know that Knox forged the letter from Mary. | 你明知诺克斯伪造了玛丽的信 |
[15:25] | He threatened your life and he cost Lola hers! | 他威胁要取你性命 还害死了萝拉 |
[15:29] | Yes, but the nanny, who was my only witness, is dead. | 对 但那位保姆作为唯一的目击者 却死了 |
[15:33] | I have no proof of that crime, so I need Knox to plot another. | 我无法证明那场罪行 需要诺克斯再来一次 |
[15:37] | And you want me to help him do that? | 你希望我帮他做到吗 |
[15:40] | Gain Knox’s trust. | 获得诺克斯的信任 |
[15:41] | He hates me because I am a woman with a throne. | 他恨我 因为我是个坐拥王位的女人 |
[15:44] | While he’s in England, he’s probably already | 他趁着自己在英格兰 说不定 |
[15:46] | planning a meeting with my enemies, and if not, | 早已开始筹谋与我的敌人会面 如果没有 |
[15:48] | you can suggest it. | 你可以如此提议 |
[15:50] | Catching Knox in the act, | 若能当场揭穿 |
[15:52] | plotting against me, will give me the evidence | 他密谋对付我的真面目 我就有足够证据 |
[15:54] | I need to bring him down. | 可以一举拿下他 |
[15:56] | You want me to entrap him. | 你要我给他设陷阱 |
[15:57] | And what’s in it for me? | 我有什么好处呢 |
[15:58] | – Your freedom. – Worthless without justice. | -你的自由 -没有公正谈何自由 |
[16:01] | Do you honestly expect me to be | 你难道真的以为我能做到 |
[16:02] | so close to Knox and not kill him? | 离诺克斯那么近还不杀他 |
[16:04] | You are not the only one who cared for Lola, | 不止你在乎萝拉 |
[16:07] | or wants Knox dead. | 也不止你想要诺克斯死 |
[16:08] | Do what I ask, and once I have the evidence I need… | 完成我的要求 只要我收集了罪证 |
[16:12] | you can have Knox. | 诺克斯任你处置 |
[16:26] | The four generals’ wives have arrived and the wine is flowing. | 四位将军夫人已经到场 红酒也已斟满 |
[16:30] | Well done. | 很好 |
[16:32] | I’ve arranged for James to interrupt me | 我已经安排了詹姆斯 |
[16:34] | with an “Urgent” message | 等我将她们四人找齐 |
[16:36] | after I get the four of them together. | 他就会有”急事”启奏 |
[16:37] | Which ones are they? | 是哪些人来着 |
[16:38] | Lady Calum and Lady Innes are partaking of the pheasant. | 凯勒姆小姐和伊涅丝小姐正在享用山鸡 |
[16:40] | And standing at the foot of the stairs, | 站在楼梯边与艾米丽·诺克斯交谈的 |
[16:42] | talking to Emily Knox, are Lady Donal and Lady McEwan. | 就是多纳尔小姐和麦克文小姐 |
[16:45] | Emily Knox? | 艾米丽·诺克斯 |
[16:46] | I didn’t know Knox had a daughter. | 我不知道诺克斯还有个女儿 |
[16:48] | He doesn’t. | 不是女儿 |
[16:49] | That’s his wife. | 那是他妻子 |
[16:50] | Oh, she seems… | 她看起来… |
[16:52] | – Young. – Yes. | -很年轻 -是的 |
[16:54] | Well, | 那么 |
[16:56] | we’d best begin. | 我们开始吧 |
[16:58] | Ladies! | 夫人们 |
[16:59] | Welcome to my St. Brigid’s Day luncheon, | 欢迎来参加圣女彼济达日午宴 |
[17:01] | a time to celebrate spring, sisterhood, | 共同庆祝春光无限 姐妹情深 |
[17:04] | and a chance for me to get to know | 也让我能有机会 |
[17:06] | all of you better. | 更加了解大家 |
[17:07] | In France, we celebrate this day with beautiful things. | 在法国 我们会用美丽的事物来庆祝这一天 |
[17:10] | So, in honor of St. Brigid, | 致敬圣女彼济达 |
[17:13] | let us raise a glass to the patron saint of fertility. | 让我们一同举杯献给后代守护女神 |
[17:17] | – Your Majesty. – To St. Brigid. | -女王陛下 -敬圣女彼济达 |
[17:36] | He gambled the family fortune away in three short years. | 短短三年内他就将家产败光在赌桌上 |
[17:40] | The daughter will have no dowry left at this rate, | 照这趋势他们家女儿的嫁妆都成问题 |
[17:43] | and she won’t be married for her looks, | 而且她那长相 没有嫁妆的话 |
[17:44] | that much is certain. | 肯定不会有人愿意娶 |
[17:46] | And his brother, well… | 而且他的弟弟还… |
[17:47] | Queen Mary, there you are. | 玛丽女王 你在这呢 |
[17:50] | James has arrived. | 詹姆斯来了 |
[17:52] | Have you seen Lady Calum’s new cosmetic cream? | 你看到凯勒姆小姐的新化妆品了吗 |
[17:54] | We all have. | 我们都看到了 |
[17:56] | It makes your complexion flawless, Lady Calum. | 凯勒姆小姐 你的肌肤看起来完美无缺 |
[17:58] | The secret is in the arsenic. | 其中的秘方是砷 |
[18:00] | Or is it the lead? | 还是铅来着 |
[18:01] | I forget. | 我忘了 |
[18:02] | Both are so good for one’s skin. | 都是些对皮肤有好处的成分 |
[18:05] | Forgive me for interrupting, | 抱歉打扰了 |
[18:07] | Queen Mary, | 玛丽女王 |
[18:07] | but I have a rather urgent message. | 但我带来了急信 |
[18:09] | Oh, what is it? | 什么事 |
[18:15] | That is good news. | 这是好消息 |
[18:17] | Thank you, James. | 谢谢你 詹姆斯 |
[18:20] | What is it? What’s happened? | 怎么了 发生什么事了 |
[18:23] | Can you ladies keep a secret? | 夫人们 你们能守住秘密吗 |
[18:26] | The next time the English intercept a certain shipment, | 下次英格兰人再拦截某些货物的时候 |
[18:30] | they will get a surprise in the form of poisoned grain. | 会被收到一车毒谷物作为意外惊喜 |
[18:35] | To Scotland. | 敬苏格兰 |
[18:38] | Really is a wonderful breeze. | 微风徐徐真是沁人心脾 |
[18:40] | – Try it on. – Oh, no! | -试试 -不 |
[18:41] | Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
[18:43] | Poor Mrs. Knox, | 可怜的诺克斯夫人 |
[18:44] | she is straight off the farm. | 她真是个百分百的乡下姑娘 |
[18:46] | I’d feel sorry for her if she wasn’t married to John Knox. | 如果她没嫁给约翰·诺克斯的话我会可怜她 |
[18:49] | Feel sorry for her because she’s his wife. | 我可怜她正是因为她是他的妻子 |
[18:51] | Really? It isn’t a happy marriage? | 是吗 他们的婚姻不幸福吗 |
[18:54] | How could it be? | 怎么可能幸福 |
[18:55] | Alone in that house with Knox off preaching all the time. | 诺克斯成日在外传道 留她一人在家 |
[18:58] | She must be very lonely. | 她一定很寂寞 |
[18:59] | I hear she drinks to excess. | 我听说她酗酒 |
[19:01] | I haven’t seen Mrs. Knox touch a drop all day. | 今天我看诺克斯夫人滴酒未沾 |
[19:03] | Well, you don’t think a reverend’s wife would dare | 你该不会认为一个教士的妻子胆敢 |
[19:05] | drink openly, do you? | 在公众地方喝酒吧 |
[19:07] | But the servants say otherwise. | 但她的仆人可不是这么 说的 |
[19:09] | Oh, that’s interesting. | 那可真有趣 |
[19:10] | Sad is more like it. | 是可悲才对吧 |
[19:12] | Yes, of course. | 没错 当然 |
[19:14] | Speaking of which, I think I’ve had | 说到这个 |
[19:15] | a bit too much to drink myself. | 我觉得我也有点喝多了 |
[19:16] | – If you ladies will excuse me? – Your Majesty. | -失陪了 -女王陛下 |
[19:19] | I also hear | 我还听说 |
[19:21] | he makes her have “relations” | 他在行房的时候 |
[19:22] | through a hole in the sheet. | 逼她隔着床单透过一破洞办事 |
[19:25] | That’s speculation, of course. | 当然这这是猜测 |
[19:27] | Then why repeat it? | 那为何还四处传播 |
[19:42] | For God’s sake, we might as well eat, | 天呐 我们干脆开始吃吧 |
[19:44] | the king is clearly not on his way. | 显然国王没有在来的路上 |
[19:45] | Perhaps something came up. | 也许他遇上了急事 |
[19:47] | Like ruling a nation? Mother, please. | 统治国家之类的事吗 怎么可能 |
[19:49] | Charles is shirking every responsibility imaginable. | 查尔斯推卸掉你能想象的一切责任 |
[19:52] | He can’t even be bothered | 他甚至没心思 |
[19:53] | to find a proper husband for poor Claude. | 为可怜的克劳德找个合适的丈夫 |
[19:55] | I’m still in mourning. | 我还在服丧 |
[19:57] | We know, Claude. | 我们都知道 克劳德 |
[19:59] | And frankly, it’s embarrassing. | 老实说 这很丢人 |
[20:01] | I’m embarrassing?! | 我丢人吗 |
[20:02] | That’s right. | 我想起来了 |
[20:04] | In this family, nobody actually has feelings. | 这个家里没有人有真感情 |
[20:10] | Another empty chair. | 又一个空席 |
[20:11] | But perhaps that’s best. | 但这样也许更好 |
[20:13] | It gives us a chance to talk about the lord chancellorship. | 让我们有机会谈谈法官爵位的事 |
[20:16] | I’ve received word from my husband, King Philip. | 我收到我丈夫菲利普国王的来信 |
[20:18] | I’m aware who you married, Leeza. | 我知道你嫁给了谁 莉扎 |
[20:20] | You don’t have to keep saying it. | 你不必一直重复 |
[20:21] | Spain will pay for Narcisse’s release. | 西班牙会交付释放纳西斯所需的赎金 |
[20:25] | – Really? – Of course. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[20:26] | We want him out of England as much as you do. | 我们跟你一样想让他尽快离开英格兰 |
[20:28] | But only if he steps down as lord chancellor permanently. | 但条件是他必须永久卸下大法官之职 |
[20:32] | And I assume you have a replacement in mind. | 想必你已经有合适的替位者了 |
[20:34] | Yes. Cardinal Juan Rosales. | 没错 红衣主教胡安·罗萨莱斯 |
[20:37] | Ah. A Spaniard. | 一个西班牙人 |
[20:39] | A true and loyal Catholic. | 他是真正虔诚的天主教徒 |
[20:40] | A fine man, I’m sure, | 我想他一定是个优秀的人 |
[20:42] | but he would need to be approved by the privy council. | 但他的任命需要获得枢密院的同意 |
[20:45] | Well, luckily, he’s on his way as we speak. | 幸运的是 他已经在路上了 |
[20:47] | Then he will have made the trip for nothing, | 那他恐怕要白来一趟了 |
[20:48] | because I will never allow a Spaniard | 因为我绝对不会允许一个西班牙人 |
[20:50] | to gain a foothold in the French government. | 在法国政府占有一地之席 |
[20:52] | You have no authority over the French government. | 你没有权利控制法国政府 |
[20:55] | Neither do you. | 你也没有 |
[20:56] | You’re not in charge here, Leeza. | 这里轮不到你发号施令 莉扎 |
[20:57] | No one is in charge here! | 这里根本没有任何人在发号施令 |
[20:59] | So now I am forced to come in | 所以现在我才不得不过来 |
[21:01] | and clean up your mess. | 收拾你的残局 |
[21:02] | Do not touch my mess! | 不许你碰我的残局 |
[21:04] | I may not be queen or regent, | 我也许不是王后也不是摄政王 |
[21:06] | but I still have influence, | 但我还是有影响力的 |
[21:08] | and I will get my lord chancellor back | 我会亲自把大法官找回来 |
[21:10] | without the help of Spain. | 不需要西班牙的帮忙 |
[21:31] | The finest Venetian glass, | 上好的威尼斯玻璃杯 |
[21:32] | and what do the English put in it? | 英格兰人往里面倒的居然是 |
[21:34] | Riesling. | 雷司令干白 |
[21:36] | I would kill for a good French red right now. | 我现在异常想念一杯上好的法国红葡萄酒 |
[21:40] | You’re in the wrong country, then. | 那你就来错地方了 |
[21:42] | But not by choice. | 但这不是我的选择 |
[21:45] | I’m sorry, we haven’t been introduced. | 抱歉 我们还没正式见过面 |
[21:47] | I’m Lord Narcisse, Queen Elizabeth’s special guest. | 我是纳西斯伯爵 伊丽莎白女王的特殊客人 |
[21:51] | I stabbed two of her guards at my wife’s beheading. | 她处死我妻子时 我捅伤了她的两个卫兵 |
[21:54] | So, you’re the Frenchman whose wife | 你就是那个妻子试图 |
[21:56] | tried to assassinate the queen. | 刺杀女王的法国人吗 |
[21:58] | A failure that many regret. | 一个让众人悔恨的失败 |
[22:00] | I know that I do. | 反正我是觉得可惜 |
[22:02] | Dangerous talk. | 这种言论非常危险 |
[22:03] | Which is why I made sure that we are alone. | 所以我确保了没人会来打扰我们 |
[22:08] | Elizabeth murdered my wife. | 伊丽莎白杀害了我的妻子 |
[22:11] | I have cause for vengeance and nothing to lose. | 我有理由复仇 也没什么可失去的了 |
[22:14] | But you, Reverend Knox, | 而你 诺克斯教士 |
[22:15] | if you use your time here at court well, | 如果你充分利用在宫廷的这段时间 |
[22:17] | I believe that you have everything to gain. | 我相信你一定会大有收获 |
[22:19] | So you know who I am. | 看来你知道我是谁 |
[22:21] | And you think you know why I’m here. | 你也自以为知道我来这里做什么 |
[22:23] | Well, I assume that you and Elizabeth are conspiring | 我假定你在和伊丽莎白谋划 |
[22:24] | against Mary, a mission I heartily approve of. | 共同对付玛丽 而我对此也衷心支持 |
[22:27] | Loyalty to Mary cost my wife her life. | 对玛丽的忠诚害死了我妻子 |
[22:30] | But once Mary is gone, | 一旦玛丽被除掉 |
[22:31] | then Elizabeth will reign over both countries, | 伊丽莎白将统治两个国家 |
[22:35] | and I do not care for that at all. | 我对此毫不在乎 |
[22:39] | Well, neither do I, frankly. | 说实话 我也不在乎 |
[22:41] | Then why not make use of this time? | 那为何不好好利用这段时间 |
[22:44] | Elizabeth’s inner circle must have | 伊丽莎白身边一定有 |
[22:46] | a few malcontents waiting for leadership. | 心怀鬼胎者在寻求领袖 |
[22:49] | Of course, you would need a safe place to meet | 当然了 你们需要在安全的地方会面 |
[22:50] | away from prying eyes and English ears. | 以躲避英格兰的耳目 |
[22:53] | And I suppose you have such a place in mind. | 我想你一定知道这样的地方 |
[22:56] | The French embassy. | 法国使馆 |
[22:56] | Technically, it’s French soil. | 严格来说那里是法国领土 |
[22:58] | You and your supporters would be virtually untouchable. | 你和你的支持者几乎是绝对安全的 |
[23:01] | Lord Narcisse? | 纳西斯大人 |
[23:03] | What you propose | 你刚刚提出的 |
[23:05] | is a dangerous act of sedition, | 是极其危险的煽动言论 |
[23:08] | and we should not speak of it further. | 我们不应再讨论下去了 |
[23:13] | Tempting though it may be. | 尽管它很吸引人 |
[23:19] | James? | 詹姆斯 |
[23:20] | I need to speak to you. | 我需要和你谈谈 |
[23:22] | I’ve already assigned guards | 我已经派卫兵 |
[23:23] | to watch the homes of each of the generals. | 去监视各位将军的家 |
[23:24] | If any of their wives attempt to contact England, | 如果任何一人的妻子试图联系英格兰 |
[23:27] | we’ll know soon enough. | 我们马上就会知道 |
[23:28] | Good, but there’s something else. | 很好 但还有一件事 |
[23:30] | I need you to befriend Emily Knox. | 我需要你成为艾米丽·诺克斯的朋友 |
[23:31] | Emily Knox? Why? | 艾米丽·诺克斯 为什么 |
[23:34] | I hear that it’s an unhappy marriage and that she’s lonely. | 我听说这段婚姻并不幸福 她很孤单 |
[23:37] | You don’t seriously expect me to seduce John Knox’s wife? | 你不是真想让我勾引约翰·诺克斯妻子吧 |
[23:40] | Well, she is in his house. | 她住在他家 |
[23:41] | She may have knowledge of his doings. | 也许她知道一些他的行踪 |
[23:43] | At the least, she has access | 至少 她能拿到 |
[23:44] | to his documents and may provide a valuable resource. | 他的文件 也许会成为很有用的资源 |
[23:47] | Do you not understand how dangerous this could be? | 你明不明白这有多危险 |
[23:50] | Not just for me, but for her, as well. | 不止是我 还有她 |
[23:52] | Knox cost Lola her life. | 诺克斯害死了萝拉 |
[23:54] | And he is after mine. | 接下来就是我 |
[23:56] | He is out of town, possibly plotting against me, | 他不在家 也许正在谋划如果推翻我 |
[23:59] | which means you need to act now. | 所以你必须马上行动 |
[24:00] | I am not your whore. | 我不是你的妓女 |
[24:02] | Oh, but you’re Knox’s butcher? | 但你是诺克斯的刽子手 |
[24:04] | You were going to take action against Clan Gordon for him. | 你曾打算为他灭掉戈登家族 |
[24:06] | Why not take this action for me? | 为什么却不能为我做这件事 |
[24:08] | I’m giving you a chance to earn my trust. | 我在给你赢得我信任的机会 |
[24:10] | You speak of me earning your trust, but what of you? | 你只说让我赢得你的信任 但是你呢 |
[24:13] | You give orders, you use people. | 你下达命令 利用别人 |
[24:15] | Whatever I do, it’s never enough. | 不管我做什么 你永远不满足 |
[24:17] | Because no matter how many times I prove | 因为不管我如何向你证明 |
[24:19] | to you my ability as a ruler, | 我有统治国家的能力 |
[24:21] | you still refuse to give me your loyalty willingly. | 你始终拒绝如我所愿地效忠于我 |
[24:23] | I am alone to defend myself and Scotland against all enemies. | 我独自对抗所有敌人 保护自己和苏格兰 |
[24:27] | But in an effort to take down your enemies, | 但为了除掉你的敌人 |
[24:29] | you run the risk of losing those you truly need. | 你甘愿冒险失去你真正需要的人 |
[24:33] | Trust is given, but loyalty is earned. | 信任可以给予 但忠诚需要赢得 |
[24:36] | And you, my queen, | 而你 我的女王 |
[24:39] | have not earned mine. | 还没有赢得我的忠诚 |
[24:50] | I’ll be leaving within the hour for a meeting at the French embassy. | 一小时后我将前去法国使馆参加会议 |
[24:54] | Have my carriage ready. | 备好马车 |
[25:08] | Look who’s still awake. | 看看这是谁还没睡呢 |
[25:10] | Sorry if we disturbed you, sir. | 对不起打扰您了 先生 |
[25:12] | Poor boy has trouble falling asleep. | 这可怜的孩子睡不着 |
[25:14] | Well, I expect he misses his mother. | 我想他是想他的母亲了 |
[25:16] | It’s, uh, it’s John, isn’t it? Lady Lola’s son. | 这是约翰是吗 萝拉小姐的儿子 |
[25:20] | I’m a friend of the family. | 我和他们家族是朋友 |
[25:21] | Then you know if ever a soul had a reason for unrest, | 那你一定知道如果有人有理由睡不着的话 |
[25:23] | it’s this child. | 便是这个孩子了 |
[25:25] | He’s lost much for one so young. | 他还这么小就失去了这么多 |
[25:26] | His father, mother… | 父亲 母亲 |
[25:28] | And his last caregiver. | 还有他的上一个保姆 |
[25:30] | I hear she ran off and abandoned the child. | 我听说她跑掉了 丢下了这个孩子 |
[25:32] | Oh, no, sir. She died, sir. | 不是的 先生 她死了 |
[25:35] | They found her with the boy and brought them back to court. | 他们找到她和孩子 把他们带回宫廷 |
[25:37] | But an infection took her strangely quick. | 但她很快死于感染 |
[25:40] | Poor thing, no wonder he can’t sleep. | 可怜的孩子 怪不得他睡不着 |
[25:42] | Also, I think he’s getting a… | 而且我觉得他得了 |
[25:43] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[25:49] | Do I only give orders and use people? | 我只会下达命令和利用别人吗 |
[25:51] | Mary, no, not as a friend. | 不是的 玛丽 作为朋友你不会 |
[25:53] | But as a queen. | 但作为女王 |
[25:54] | It’s what queens do. You can’t help that. | 这是女王的职责 你也没有办法 |
[25:56] | I suppose this is why queens | 大概这就是为什么女王们 |
[25:58] | find it so hard to trust people. | 发现信任别人是如此难 |
[26:02] | Why are you packing? | 你为什么在收拾行李 |
[26:04] | I thought maybe I should. | 我想也许我该收拾了 |
[26:05] | I’m not sure if I can accept your offer to stay here at court. | 我不确定我能否接受你的邀请留在宫廷里 |
[26:08] | Why not? Has Castleroy refused? | 为什么不能 卡斯尔雷拒绝了吗 |
[26:09] | No. No, not at all. | 不 不是的 |
[26:10] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[26:12] | something’s been bothering me since the St. Brigid’s Day party. | 有件事从圣女彼济达日午宴起就困扰着我 |
[26:15] | All that gossip about the unfortunate Mrs. Knox. | 那些关于不幸的诺克斯夫人的流言蜚语 |
[26:18] | Those vultures were laughing at the poor girl… | 那些幸灾乐祸的人嘲笑着那个可怜的女孩 |
[26:20] | And I only seemed to fuel the fire. | 而我只是在一旁煽风点火 |
[26:25] | Greer, of all the threats that I have faced | 葛瑞尔 自从我来到苏格兰 |
[26:27] | since I came to Scotland, | 在我面对的所有威胁中 |
[26:28] | John Knox is the most dangerous. | 约翰·诺克斯是最危险的一个 |
[26:30] | And those women, | 而那些女人 |
[26:31] | their gossip gave me information that I can use against him. | 我可以从她们的八卦中得到信息来对付他 |
[26:34] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[26:36] | That is your life, and the life here at court. | 这就是你的生活 这就是宫廷里的生活 |
[26:38] | But I’m not sure it can be mine. | 但我不知道这是否是我想要的生活 |
[26:40] | Not with Castleroy and Rose. | 没有卡斯尔雷和萝丝 |
[26:42] | If you’re afraid of people finding out | 如果你害怕有人发现 |
[26:43] | that Castleroy isn’t her father, no one needs to know. | 卡斯尔雷不是她的父亲 我们可以保密 |
[26:46] | Not a secret we can keep. | 这事瞒不住的 |
[26:50] | The truth is the baby is even | 麻烦的是孩子的肤色 |
[26:51] | darker in complexion than her father. | 比她的父亲要深好多 |
[26:54] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[26:56] | In France, we’ve had to pretend that Rose | 在法国 我们必须假装 |
[26:57] | is an orphan we’ve taken in. | 萝丝是我们收养的孤儿 |
[27:00] | And when I think of my child here at court… | 当我想到我在宫廷度过的童年时光 |
[27:02] | People can be awful. | 人性有时很可怕 |
[27:04] | Greer, I’m so sorry. | 葛瑞尔 我很抱歉 |
[27:07] | How can I be your lady when even the servants | 如果皇家育儿室的仆人不愿意照顾她 |
[27:08] | in the royal nursery would refuse to care for her? | 我还怎么做你的侍女呢 |
[27:11] | Even a queen cannot change how people are. | 任你是女王 也不能改变人性 |
[27:13] | Mary, I would love to stay, | 玛丽 我很希望能留下来 |
[27:15] | but this is my family. | 但这关系到我的家人 |
[27:17] | And your loyalty must lie with your family. | 你必须忠于你的家人 |
[27:19] | If you must go, I understand. | 如果你必须走 我能理解 |
[27:21] | But if you stay, | 但如果你留下 |
[27:23] | you’ll be provided with the best care. | 我会让你得到最好的照顾 |
[27:26] | And you and your family will be welcome in my court. | 我的宫廷会欢迎你和你的家人 |
[27:30] | As a queen and as your friend, this I can guarantee. | 作为女王和你的朋友 这我还是能保证的 |
[27:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:36] | I’d love to stay. | 我会留下的 |
[27:39] | We enter the embassy through the catacombs. | 我们从地下室潜入大使馆 |
[27:41] | Have a man posted on the street in case Knox runs. | 找个人在街上守着免得诺克斯跑了 |
[27:43] | He already has. | 他已经跑了 |
[27:45] | Knox is gone. | 诺克斯不见了 |
[27:46] | I received word from my contact at the embassy | 我在大使馆的线人说 |
[27:48] | Knox never showed, and he’s not at the castle, either. | 诺克斯没去过大使馆 他也不在城堡里 |
[27:50] | – What? – He must have sensed a trap. | -什么 -他肯定觉得其中有诈 |
[27:52] | He was seen entering the infirmary an hour ago | 一小时前有人看到他去了医疗室 |
[27:54] | asking questions about the death of John’s nanny. | 问了约翰保姆死的事 |
[27:56] | Then he knows the nanny was never in the infirmary. | 他得知了保姆从来没进过医务室 |
[27:58] | He must suspect that we hid the truth | 他肯定怀疑到我们隐瞒了真相 |
[28:00] | that she was killed by the queen’s guard, | 是女王的守卫杀死了保姆 |
[28:02] | but if he thinks she told us about his association | 但如果他认为保姆告诉了我们 |
[28:04] | with the assassination attempt, he’ll flee. | 他与谋杀的事有关 他肯定会逃走 |
[28:07] | You, go after Knox. | 你 去追诺克斯 |
[28:09] | You two come with me. | 你们俩跟我来 |
[28:11] | The French embassy is this way. | 法国大使馆往这边走 |
[28:28] | Dear God. | 上帝啊 |
[28:30] | We’re going to need more men. | 我们人手不够 |
[28:32] | 50 of my own subjects gathered against me? | 我的50个臣民聚在一起造反 |
[28:37] | I imagined he could summon a handful | 我以为他只能找到几个 |
[28:39] | of disloyal men, but 50? | 向背叛我的人 但50个 |
[28:41] | Unfortunately, Knox is not amongst them. | 不幸的是 诺克斯并不在其中 |
[28:44] | We stopped him before he reached the border. | 我们在他逃出边境之前抓住了他 |
[28:46] | He’s been detained, but we have no evidence against him. | 他已被拘捕了 但我们没有证据 |
[28:48] | Then we have nothing. | 那我们不就什么也没有吗 |
[28:50] | We have witnesses who are willing to testify that | 我们有愿意作证的证人 |
[28:52] | the men we’ve arrested were conspiring against you. | 证明我们抓到的人在密谋造反 |
[28:54] | Those men, at least, will be tried for treason. | 至少那些人会因叛国罪受审 |
[28:57] | I cannot bring them to trial. | 我不能让他们受审 |
[28:59] | Not all 50 of them. | 不能让50个人都受审 |
[29:01] | They are English nobles, your own subjects. | 他们是英国贵族 您的臣民 |
[29:04] | What would you have me do? | 那你让我怎么做 |
[29:05] | Let their hatred of me be heard in a court of law? | 让法庭听听他们有多恨我吗 |
[29:09] | Parade their treason through the streets, | 让他们的叛国行为传遍大街小巷 |
[29:12] | so that the vast number of them can inspire others to do the same? | 好让他们的事迹鼓励别人做同样的事吗 |
[29:16] | Your Majesty… | 陛下 |
[29:18] | We must kill them. | 我们必须杀了他们 |
[29:23] | Kill them all. | 全部 |
[29:33] | Mother, is that what you’re wearing to afternoon mass? | 母亲 你就穿这个去参加下午的弥撒吗 |
[29:37] | I’m not going to afternoon mass. | 我不去参加下午的弥撒 |
[29:38] | Not today or ever again. | 今天不去 以后也不会去 |
[29:40] | Leeza can take her false humility | 莉扎最好带着她那副假惺惺的谦虚 |
[29:42] | and Spanish aggression, and she can choke on it. | 和西班牙的威胁滚远点 |
[29:45] | I’m getting Narcisse back today. | 我今天就要把纳西斯弄回来 |
[29:47] | Your sister may have the power of Spain | 你姐姐或许有西班牙的实力 |
[29:48] | and the church, but I still have friends. | 和教会的支持 但我还是有些朋友的 |
[29:50] | I have invited the nobles to a banquet | 我已经邀请了几个贵族参加宴会 |
[29:53] | where I will remind them of the liberal extravagance of the Valois, | 在宴会上提醒他们在瓦卢瓦家族统治下是多么自由 |
[29:57] | and what they stand to lose if Leeza and Spain take over. | 如果莉扎和西班牙统治了法国 他们将失去什么 |
[30:00] | They will be begging for Narcisse’s return, | 他们就会求着纳西斯回来 |
[30:03] | a French lord chancellor, not a puppet of Spain. | 希望有一位法国大法官 而不是西班牙的傀儡 |
[30:30] | Queen Mother, | 太后 |
[30:31] | – you’re looking well. – Am I, | -您气色不错 -是吗 |
[30:32] | Lord Dennard? I thought I might be pale at the shock of betrayal. | 丹纳大人 我以为我会因遭到背叛而脸色发白呢 |
[30:36] | Where is everyone? | 人都去哪了 |
[30:37] | Of the ten nobles I’ve invited, | 我邀请了十个贵族 |
[30:39] | only you have deigned to appear. | 只有你来了 |
[30:42] | Well, I believe many had a change in schedule | 我想他们大多改变了主意 |
[30:45] | considering the crops, | 考虑到现在的饥荒 |
[30:48] | and, uh, holidays upon us. | 还有即将到来的节日 |
[30:50] | You mean the nobles discussed it and determined | 你的意思是贵族们讨论后决定 |
[30:53] | that Spain is strong while the Valois seem weak. | 还是西班牙比较强大 瓦卢瓦王朝衰落了 |
[30:56] | Everyone but you has deserted me. | 只有你没有抛下我 |
[31:03] | And you just came for the food. | 你只是因为食物才来的 |
[31:05] | And your charming company. | 也是为了迷人的您啊 |
[31:06] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[31:21] | You left rather quickly in the night. | 你晚上溜走的挺快啊 |
[31:23] | Was it something I said? | 是因为我说了什么话吗 |
[31:25] | When I found a nanny at your court | 当我发现你宫里有个保姆 |
[31:26] | died suddenly of infection, | 突然染病身亡 |
[31:29] | without the infirmary having any record of her illness, | 而医务室也没有她病情的记录 |
[31:31] | I decided to return home. | 我就决定回家了 |
[31:32] | Suddenly, I felt… unsafe. | 我突然失去了…安全感 |
[31:36] | Oh, I imagine you did. | 我想你肯定是吧 |
[31:38] | Especially when you found out | 尤其是你发现 |
[31:39] | the nanny did not die of a mysterious infection. | 这个保姆根本没有死于神秘的传染病 |
[31:43] | She was killed moments after confessing | 她承认是你在幕后 |
[31:46] | you were the one who organized | 指使人暗杀我 |
[31:47] | the assassination attempt on my life. | 之后不久就被杀了 |
[31:50] | How troubling. | 真恼人呀 |
[31:51] | And yet you seem so untroubled. | 但你看起来一点也不烦恼 |
[31:54] | People say things, | 流言蜚语是难免的 |
[31:54] | but without proof, they’re just words. | 但没有证据 那仅仅是流言罢了 |
[31:57] | That’s why you tried to catch me in the act of sedition. | 所以你才想趁叛乱抓住我 |
[31:59] | You have no proof against me. | 你没有证据指控我 |
[32:01] | Otherwise, I’d be in the Tower right now. | 否则我早就被关进塔里了 |
[32:02] | The Tower is too good for you. | 进塔是便宜你了 |
[32:04] | I’ll be handing you to Lord Narcisse, instead. | 正相反 我会把你交给纳西斯大人 |
[32:07] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不会 |
[32:10] | Your rule is tenuous, it always has been. | 你的统治岌岌可危 而且一向如此 |
[32:12] | Despite your years on the throne, | 虽然你当了很多年女王了 |
[32:14] | 50 of your Protestant subjects | 但昨夜你的50个新教臣民 |
[32:16] | gathered against you just last night. | 聚在一起反对你 |
[32:18] | And yet none of them have been heard from since. | 之后就再也没人听到过他们的消息 |
[32:20] | Because you killed them. | 因为你把他们杀了 |
[32:21] | See, you think that’s a show of power, | 你觉得这是在展现你的权力 |
[32:23] | but we both know the truth. | 但我们都知道事实 |
[32:24] | You’re afraid. | 事实是你怕了 |
[32:26] | That’s why you did it quietly, hoping no one would know. | 所以你才悄悄解决这事 怕别人知道 |
[32:28] | But the rumors are already starting to spread. | 但流言已经传开了 |
[32:31] | Now, if you give me to Lord Narcisse and I go missing… | 如果你把我交给纳西斯大人让我就此失踪的话 |
[32:35] | those 50 will be replaced by 100, | 反对你的人数就会上升到100个 |
[32:37] | those 100 will raise 1,000 more. | 100个会增加到1000个 |
[32:39] | Soon you’ll have an uprising on your hands. | 很快你就要面临起义了 |
[32:41] | You think your life is worth that much? | 你觉得你的命这么珍贵吗 |
[32:47] | You’re just a man. | 你不过是个人罢了 |
[32:48] | And you are a woman of questionable birth | 你则是个出身有问题的女人 |
[32:51] | that no one really wants on the throne. | 是个不受爱戴的女王 |
[32:54] | Even Mary. Returned, as queen of Scotland, | 苏格兰女王玛丽都回来了 |
[32:56] | she’s a greater threat than ever, yet… you do nothing. | 她是目前最大的威胁 但你却什么也不做 |
[33:00] | Why not send assassins? | 为什么不派人暗杀她 |
[33:03] | Because you know that killing another queen | 因为你清楚杀另一个女王 |
[33:05] | only opens the door to someone killing you. | 只会让那些想杀你的人有机可乘 |
[33:08] | Someone like you? | 像你这样的人吗 |
[33:11] | You tried to have me killed and you failed. | 你试图暗杀我 却失败了 |
[33:14] | So take your anti-monarchist | 带着你那反君主的毒心 |
[33:16] | poison back to Scotland and direct it towards Mary… | 回苏格兰吧 用在玛丽身上 |
[33:23] | …where it might actually do me some good. | 那可能对我还有点好处 |
[33:33] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[33:35] | Is everything all right? | 出什么事了吗 |
[33:38] | I just received word that the English soldiers | 我收到消息说 英格兰军队 |
[33:41] | did not stop our latest shipment. | 没有截住我们最近送去的物资 |
[33:43] | The grain got to Canonbie. | 粮食已经送达卡侬比了 |
[33:45] | I needed to find the leak | 我必须找到方法 |
[33:46] | and get food to the villagers. | 把食物送进村子 |
[33:48] | I knew that if the English forces believed | 我知道如果英格兰军队相信 |
[33:50] | that the grain was poisoned, | 粮食被下了毒 |
[33:53] | they’d allow the shipment to pass through. | 他们就会让运货人通过的 |
[33:54] | But then that’s good news. | 这是好消息呀 |
[33:56] | You supplied the village and found the leak. | 你找到了方法 把粮食送进村了 |
[33:58] | Not quite. | 并不全是 |
[34:00] | I still don’t know which of the generals’ wives is responsible. | 我还是不知道是哪个将军的妻子泄了密 |
[34:03] | But you had all four women followed. | 但你跟踪了那四个女人 |
[34:05] | And none of them did anything suspicious. | 她们都没做什么让人怀疑的事啊 |
[34:08] | Lady Calum and Lady McEwan | 凯勒姆小姐和麦克文夫人 |
[34:10] | spent all day in their chambers; | 整天都待在卧室里 |
[34:11] | Lady Innes, all day at church. | 伊涅斯夫人一天都在教堂 |
[34:13] | Yes, well, according to Lady McEwan, | 据麦克文夫人所说 |
[34:14] | Lady Innes takes confession daily for “impure thoughts.” | 伊涅斯夫人每天都要为不纯洁的想法忏悔 |
[34:19] | And Lady Donal went into the village, saw her dressmaker, | 多纳尔夫人去村里见她的服装师了 |
[34:22] | and then stopped at the blacksmith for some reason. | 然后不知为什么在铁匠那停了一会儿 |
[34:24] | Because she doesn’t trust her servants to do anything, | 因为她的仆人做什么她都不信任 |
[34:26] | not even sharpen her husband’s swords. | 连打磨她丈夫的剑这种事也不行 |
[34:28] | That doesn’t make sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[34:30] | The Royal Armory takes care of weapon maintenance. | 是皇家兵工厂负责保养兵器 |
[34:33] | Then what was she doing at the blacksmith? | 那她去铁匠那做什么呢 |
[34:36] | Faster, faster! | 快点 快点 |
[34:39] | Use the crop! | 用你的老二 |
[34:39] | First tell me, | 你先告诉我 |
[34:40] | when is the next shipment to Canonbie? | 下一班去卡侬比的货是什么时候 |
[34:44] | Lady Donal, on behalf of Queen Mary and Scotland, | 多纳尔夫人 我代表苏格兰玛丽女王 |
[34:46] | you are under arrest for treason. | 因叛国罪逮捕你 |
[34:48] | No! I didn’t mean to commit treason! | 不 我不是故意要叛国的 |
[34:51] | I was seduced! Oh, please, kill me now! | 我被引诱了 天啊 现在就杀了我吧 |
[34:53] | I can’t be beheaded in front of my children! | 不能让我的孩子看见我被砍头啊 |
[35:00] | Good day. | 日安 |
[35:02] | Lord James, do you have a moment? | 詹姆斯大人 您有空吗 |
[35:04] | Uh… of course, Lady Knox. | 当然了 诺克斯夫人 |
[35:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:09] | I beg your pardon? | 什么意思 |
[35:11] | The belt I admired at the party arrived, | 聚会上我喜欢的那条腰带送到了 |
[35:13] | with a note that was so caring. | 还有一张贴心的字条 |
[35:15] | “It looks lovely no matter how you wear it.” | “不论你怎么戴它都很美” |
[35:17] | How thoughtful of you to ease my embarrassment, | 您真是太贴心了 试图让我不那么尴尬 |
[35:19] | but I cannot accept your gift. | 但我不能接受您的礼物 |
[35:22] | – Mrs. Knox, I don’t know… – I am married. | -诺克斯夫人 我不知道 -我结婚了 |
[35:24] | A gift, | 一件礼物 |
[35:26] | even one given out of pity, | 即便是因怜悯而赠与我的礼物 |
[35:29] | sympathy… | 或是同情 |
[35:31] | I just can’t accept it. | 我也不能接受 |
[35:34] | But you… | 但是您 |
[35:35] | you are so kind. | 您太善良了 |
[35:39] | I’ll have the gift returned to you. | 我会将礼物还给您的 |
[35:41] | We need not speak of this again. | 我们再也不要谈起这件事了 |
[35:57] | James? What’s wrong? | 詹姆斯 出什么事了 |
[35:58] | Mary. She’s scheming, manipulative… | 玛丽 这个诡计多端 控制欲强的女人 |
[36:00] | Whatever Mary has done, I’m sure she has her reasons. | 不管玛丽做了什么 我相信她一定有原因的 |
[36:03] | She has one reason for everything she does: | 不论她做什么 她只需要一个原因 |
[36:05] | she is the queen. | 她是女王 |
[36:06] | Which is a burden neither of us can truly understand. | 做女王的辛苦我们都没有切身体会 |
[36:08] | You don’t know what she’s been through. | 你不知道她经历了什么 |
[36:10] | And while I know it’s not easy | 而我知道她的处境 |
[36:11] | being in her circle, it’s usually worth it, | 通常很艰难 但都是值得的 |
[36:14] | because she has a good heart | 因为她很善良 |
[36:15] | and she protects those closest to her. | 她总是保护着自己身边的人 |
[36:26] | She let Knox go. | 她把诺克斯放走了 |
[36:28] | Elizabeth couldn’t hold him, | 伊丽莎白不能抓着他不放 |
[36:29] | and his disappearance would have caused a scandal. | 他的消失必定会成为一件丑闻 |
[36:31] | The only scandal I care about is justice left undone. | 我唯一关心的丑闻是还没有伸张的正义 |
[36:34] | Are you sure what you seek is justice and not vengeance? | 你确定你想要的是正义而不是复仇 |
[36:37] | Against Knox, but against Elizabeth, too. | 向诺克斯复仇 向伊丽莎白复仇 |
[36:39] | Your hatred of her must have been convincing | 要是诺克斯都被说服了 |
[36:42] | if it satisfied Knox. | 那说明你一定很恨伊丽莎白 |
[36:43] | Hating Elizabeth was not a difficult role to play, | 恨伊丽莎白并不是很难 |
[36:45] | I’ll grant you that. | 我可以向你保证 |
[36:46] | But as much as it pains me to say, | 虽然很心痛 但我还是要说 |
[36:48] | Lola was part of an assassination attempt. | 萝拉被卷入了这场暗杀阴谋中 |
[36:50] | Elizabeth had no choice– | 伊丽莎白别无选择 |
[36:53] | she had to punish her. | 她必须惩罚她 |
[36:54] | She had no choice with Knox, either, Lord Narcisse. | 她对诺克斯也是别无选择 纳西斯大人 |
[36:57] | Then it appears justice will have to wait. | 那看来正义要等等再来了 |
[37:00] | There’s a boat ready to take you | 有一艘船已经准备好带你 |
[37:02] | and Lady Lola’s child back to France. | 和萝拉小姐的孩子回法国 |
[37:06] | I’ll instruct the captain to leave immediately. | 我会让船长马上开船 |
[37:11] | Lord Narcisse, what a surprise. | 纳西斯大人 没想到你会来 |
[37:13] | I would have thought you’d be halfway back to France | 我还以为你一得到自由 |
[37:16] | the moment you got your freedom. | 就会马不停蹄回法国 |
[37:18] | And yet, I felt oddly compelled | 但是我还是不得不 |
[37:20] | to seek you out, Lady Lennox. | 来见你一面 雷诺克斯夫人 |
[37:22] | To offer my congratulations on your son, Lord Darnley’s, | 来恭喜你 你儿子达恩利马上就要 |
[37:24] | imminent marriage to Lady Keira. | 跟凯拉小姐成婚了 |
[37:29] | You’ve made a mistake. | 你弄错了 |
[37:30] | Lady Keira is engaged to Lord White. | 凯拉小姐跟怀特大人订婚了 |
[37:33] | She was. | 以前是 |
[37:34] | But one hears many things at English court. | 但我在英格兰宫廷里可以听到不少消息 |
[37:36] | And what I hear | 我听说的是 |
[37:39] | is the queen made a financial arrangement | 女王给怀特大人了 |
[37:41] | with Lord White to cancel the engagement. | 经济补偿 来取消婚约 |
[37:46] | – Really? – Yes. Quite a large sum, too. | -真的吗 -是的 而且那是很大一笔钱 |
[37:48] | To be delivered in secret by a single horseman… | 由一个人骑马秘密把钱送去 |
[37:52] | today. | 就在今天 |
[37:53] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么告诉我 |
[37:55] | ‘Cause you don’t want Elizabeth to get her way, | 因为你不想让伊丽莎白挡你的路 |
[37:57] | and neither do I. | 我也不想 |
[37:59] | She murdered my wife and I despise her. | 她谋杀了我妻子 我唾弃她 |
[38:03] | Well, then, we can only hope that the money | 那我们就只能希望那笔钱 |
[38:05] | arrives there safely. | 安全到达了 |
[38:06] | The roads are rife with danger. | 路途充满艰险 |
[38:08] | It would be such a shame if that money went missing. | 如果那笔钱不见了 那就可惜了 |
[38:11] | I dare say it would undo all of Elizabeth’s hard work. | 我敢说那会让伊丽莎白的努力都白费 |
[38:24] | You sent Knox’s wife | 你以我的名义 |
[38:25] | a note and a gift from me, | 给诺克斯的妻子送去了信和礼物 |
[38:27] | even after I made it clear | 即使我明确说过 |
[38:28] | that I do not wish to form a relationship with her. | 我不想跟她建立关系 |
[38:31] | Because I made it clear | 因为我明确说过 |
[38:33] | that we needed to move now, | 我们需要马上行动 |
[38:34] | before Knox returned. | 要赶在诺克斯回来之前 |
[38:38] | And if I don’t agree to pursue this “Friendship”? | 即使我不同意追求这一”友谊”吗 |
[38:42] | Then you will have, once again, chosen Knox over me. | 那你就又一次在我和诺克斯之间选了他 |
[38:45] | And I won’t be able to protect you from him | 而且等他回来发现 |
[38:47] | when he returns and finds that you’ve given his wife a gift. | 你送给了他妻子礼物 我也无法保护你 |
[38:50] | Now you’re threatening me! | 你在威胁我 |
[38:51] | You leave me no other choice! | 你让我别无选择 |
[38:52] | And you, once again, are forcing my hand! | 而你又一次强迫我 |
[38:58] | Lady Greer wants me to believe | 葛瑞尔小姐想让我相信 |
[38:59] | that you only do what you must | 为了保护你亲近的人 |
[39:02] | in order to protect those closest to you, | 你只会做你必须做的事 |
[39:04] | but she’s wrong. | 但她错了 |
[39:05] | Ever since you returned to Scotland, | 自从你回苏格兰 |
[39:07] | you have sought to destroy every alliance | 你就在一直破坏我辛苦建立起的 |
[39:09] | I worked so hard to build. | 每一个同盟关系 |
[39:11] | The only alliance you should have is with me! | 你唯一应该有的同盟是我 |
[39:14] | I have spies in my own court, | 我自己的宫廷里有间谍 |
[39:17] | my Protestants are against me, | 我的新教徒在反对我 |
[39:19] | my Catholic supporters had me kidnapped. | 我的天主教支持者把我绑架了 |
[39:24] | I said I could do this alone, James, but I can’t. | 我说自己一个人能行 詹姆斯 但其实不行 |
[39:26] | I need your help. Not just as your queen, | 我需要你的帮助 不止是作为你的女王 |
[39:28] | but as your sister. | 更是作为你的妹妹 |
[39:30] | I spent my childhood isolated in a foreign land | 我的童年都是在异国他乡度过的 |
[39:33] | and now the only family I have left | 现在我唯一剩下的家人 |
[39:34] | is standing in front of me | 就站在我面前 |
[39:36] | and I’m afraid he’s beginning to hate me. | 我却担心他开始恨我 |
[39:38] | I don’t want to hate you, Mary. | 我不想恨你 玛丽 |
[39:40] | Then don’t! | 那就不要恨我 |
[39:42] | Aren’t you tired of playing both sides and trusting neither? | 一直两面派 谁也不相信 你不累吗 |
[39:47] | Aren’t you tired of being alone? | 你一直孤身一人 你不累吗 |
[39:51] | More than you know. | 你无法想象 |
[39:53] | Then I beg of you, | 那我求你 |
[39:54] | let us take a leap of faith | 让我们大胆一试 |
[39:57] | and end our pattern of lies and deceit | 不要再以谎言和欺骗面对彼此 |
[40:00] | and instead trust one another, | 让我们相信彼此 |
[40:03] | be loyal to one another, | 忠于彼此 |
[40:05] | protect one another. | 保护彼此 |
[40:06] | Because we are the only family we have left. | 因为我们家就剩下我们两个人了 |
[40:11] | Pick a side, James… | 选一边 詹姆斯 |
[40:15] | and let it be mine. | 选我这一边吧 |
[40:16] | Because unlike Knox, | 因为不像诺克斯 |
[40:18] | I will never betray you. | 我永远不会背叛你 |
[40:22] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[40:24] | We are all the family we have. | 我们家就剩下我们两个人了 |
[40:29] | And I am on your side. | 我站在你这边 |
[40:38] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[40:40] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[40:41] | – I can’t. I’m tired. – I’m sorry. | -不行 我累了 -抱歉 |
[40:43] | But I can’t just let you take to your bed, | 但我不能让你去睡觉 |
[40:45] | or whatever else it is you choose to do | 或者做你想做的其它事 |
[40:47] | rather than be king. | 而不好好做国王 |
[40:49] | Not when your sister is determined | 你姐姐都一心想 |
[40:50] | to sink her claws into France. | 把魔爪伸到法国了 |
[40:53] | I cannot stop her, I cannot save France. | 我阻止不了她 我救不了法国 |
[40:55] | I have tried and I have failed. | 我努力过了 但是失败了 |
[40:58] | I know that I am not regent, | 我知道我不是摄政王了 |
[41:00] | but I am your mother | 但我是你母亲 |
[41:01] | and I am not going to sit by and watch while both my son | 我不会眼睁睁看着我的儿子萎靡不振 |
[41:05] | and my country slip away. | 我的国家落入他人之手 |
[41:08] | Let me help you. | 让我帮你 |
[41:10] | Please. Tell me, what is wrong? | 求你 告诉我 怎么了 |
[41:13] | Is that the paperwork to bring Narcisse home? | 那是让纳西斯回国的文件吗 |
[41:15] | Yes, it is, but… | 是 但… |
[41:16] | Leave it. | 放着吧 |
[41:18] | I’ll sign it. | 我会签字 |
[41:19] | That’s what you want, isn’t it? | 你就想让我签字 不是吗 |
[41:20] | Charles, what I want… | 查尔斯 我想的是… |
[41:21] | Put it down and go. | 放下走吧 |
[41:26] | Please, Mother. | 求你了 母亲 |