时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Have you any news from your daughter, the queen of Spain? | 你的女儿西班牙皇后来信了吗 |
[00:05] | She wants Henri on the throne, | 她希望坐上王位的是亨利 |
[00:08] | not his older brother. | 而非他的哥哥 |
[00:09] | Leeza will allow Charles to remain king | 亨利没回来的时候 莉扎还会 |
[00:11] | while Henri’s delayed. | 让查尔斯继续当国王 |
[00:13] | I feared that Mary’s wedding would empower other nations. | 我担心玛丽的婚礼会对其他国家有利 |
[00:16] | – She could invade! – If she does, | -她可能从那里侵略我们 -就算如此 |
[00:18] | she will not find you alone. I am here, Elizabeth, | 你也不会孤立无援 我在 伊丽莎白 |
[00:21] | and I will not forsake you. | 我不会放弃你 |
[00:23] | Since Nicole has her hands on Charles, | 妮可对查尔斯影响很大 |
[00:25] | we’d best control her. | 我们最好控制住她 |
[00:27] | – You can do that. – I’m not sure bedding the lover | -你能做到 -我不确定睡国王的情人 |
[00:29] | of the king is a wise idea. | 是个好主意 |
[00:31] | I can’t help wishing that, at the right time, | 我不禁希望 在对的时间 |
[00:34] | I’d met someone like you. | 我能够遇到像你这样的人 |
[00:36] | Lord Moray and Mary have developed | 莫里伯爵和玛丽 |
[00:37] | an uncanny, nearly preternatural ability | 似乎总是低估我 这非常危险 |
[00:40] | to undermine me. | 令我不可思议 |
[00:42] | So I had her home watched. | 所以我找人监视了我们家 |
[00:45] | You betrayed me, Emily. | 你背叛了我 艾米丽 |
[00:46] | James drew you in with lies and used you. | 詹姆斯骗了你 利用了你 |
[00:49] | As much as I might want to, I can’t call off | 尽管我也想取消 但我不能 |
[00:50] | this wedding to Darnley, because… | 取消和达恩利的婚礼 因为 |
[00:52] | I’m pregnant with his child. | 我怀了他的孩子 |
[01:12] | Only a suggestion, but perhaps some | 只是个建议 但是也许 |
[01:15] | additional percussion throughout, | 在乐曲中间再加些打击乐 |
[01:17] | its strong beat a representation | 强烈的拍子代表了 |
[01:19] | of the king’s own mighty heart. | 国王的强大心脏 |
[01:22] | More percussion throughout. | 再加些打击乐 |
[01:25] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[01:26] | I’m glad you’ve come. | 很高兴你来了 |
[01:27] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[01:29] | Well, you commissioned it for your coronation. | 这是为你的加冕仪式服务的 |
[01:31] | It need only please your ear. | 只用你喜欢就好 |
[01:32] | I need to borrow my private secretary. | 我得借用我的私人秘书 |
[01:34] | You may have him back when we’re finished. | 聊完了再还你 |
[01:36] | David has been indispensable in planning my coronation. | 我策划加冕仪式时 大卫是不可或缺的 |
[01:39] | Thank you for allowing him to assist me. | 谢谢你允许他帮助我 |
[01:41] | – Of course. – Mary… | -当然 -玛丽 |
[01:42] | um, it has been nearly a month since our wedding. | 我们结婚已经有一个月了 |
[01:45] | Might you at last allow me to visit your chambers tonight? | 你至少能允许我今晚去你的房间吧 |
[01:49] | You do still desire an heir? | 你还想要继承人吧 |
[01:50] | I’ve been traveling, Darnley… | 我一直四处奔波 达恩利… |
[01:52] | And a show of face to the people is always advised, | 我是建议你多和人民见面 |
[01:54] | but you have also been avoiding me. Mary, we are wed… | 但你也在躲着我 玛丽 我们结婚了… |
[01:57] | Which is why you need to plan | 所以你需要策划 |
[01:58] | your coronation. I don’t have time | 你的加冕仪式 我没时间 |
[01:59] | to discuss this. David? | 聊这事 大卫 |
[02:01] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[02:07] | Play it again. | 再演奏一遍 |
[02:12] | I’ve invited Lord Hamilton to court | 我邀请了汉密尔顿大人来宫廷 |
[02:13] | in the hopes that he will stay for Lord Darnley’s coronation. | 希望他会留下来观看达恩利大人的加冕仪式 |
[02:16] | As a powerful Protestant, his family’s support is vital | 作为有权有势的新教徒 他家族支持至关重要 |
[02:20] | if I wish to take the English throne. | 如果我想夺取英格兰王位的话 |
[02:21] | What may I do to help? | 我能做什么来帮忙 |
[02:22] | Well, there are issues that divide us. | 有一些事让我们分裂 |
[02:24] | In addition to having a very strong claim to my throne, | 汉密尔顿大人不仅有权继承我的王位 |
[02:27] | Lord Hamilton sent a… a marriage request… | 而且他在我选择达恩利之前 |
[02:30] | before I chose Darnley. | 向我求婚了 |
[02:33] | – Jealousy. – It goes beyond that. | -嫉妒 -不仅如此 |
[02:34] | A blood feud has long existed | 汉密尔顿家族 |
[02:36] | between the Hamiltons and Lord Darnley’s family. | 和达恩利大人家族之间有血海深仇 |
[02:38] | If I wish to gain Lord Hamilton’s support, | 如果我希望获得汉密尔顿大人的支持 |
[02:41] | it’s best accomplished without Darnley. | 这最好在没有达恩利的情况下完成 |
[02:44] | I’ve arranged a full itinerary | 我已经为汉密尔顿大人 |
[02:45] | for Lord Hamilton and his guests when they arrive. | 和他的宾客安排了行程计划 |
[02:47] | I need you to keep Darnley occupied | 我需要你让达恩利 |
[02:50] | with… planning for his coronation, | 忙于策划他的加冕仪式 |
[02:52] | – so that their paths never cross. – I’ll involve Darnley | -好让他们不会见面 -我会让达恩利 |
[02:55] | in every detail, no matter how small, | 审核一切细节 无论有多微小 |
[02:57] | so that you may focus on the larger issue of politics. | 好让你关注更大的政治问题 |
[02:59] | Thank you. I’ll let Darnley know when the time is right. | 谢谢 等时机成熟后我会告诉达恩利 |
[03:03] | Good news. Lord Hamilton has accepted your invitation. | 好消息 汉密尔顿大人接受了你的邀请 |
[03:07] | If the Protestants of Clan Hamilton agree | 如果汉密尔顿家族的新教徒同意 |
[03:09] | to stand with you, it will prove to the world | 支持你 这会让世人证明 |
[03:11] | that you are a tolerant queen. | 你是一位宽容的女王 |
[03:12] | And Knox would be greatly weakened. | 诺克斯就会被大大削弱 |
[03:14] | Lord Hamilton is sure to tell | 汉密尔顿大人肯定告诉了 |
[03:16] | his Protestant ally about our meeting. | 他的新教徒盟友我们要见面 |
[03:18] | Is it possible the Reverend Knox | 诺克斯教士是否可能 |
[03:20] | will just sit back and do nothing? | 按兵不动 袖手旁观 |
[03:22] | You must see Emily. | 你得和艾米丽见面 |
[03:24] | If her husband has plans | 如果她丈夫计划 |
[03:25] | to interfere with our negotiations, | 干扰我们的谈判 |
[03:27] | she may know something about them. | 她也许对此知道一二 |
[03:28] | You know, Darnley won’t be happy when he learns | 达恩利如果得知你背着他 |
[03:30] | that you’ve met with the Hamiltons behind his back. | 与汉密尔顿家族见面 他是不会高兴的 |
[03:31] | My concern is for Scotland, | 我关心的是苏格兰 |
[03:33] | – not for Darnley’s bruised feelings. – And if his feelings | -不是达恩利受伤的感情 -如果他的感情 |
[03:36] | interfere with your legacy, you do need to produce an heir. | 干涉了你的遗产 你必须得生个继承人 |
[03:40] | Actually, James… | 实际上 詹姆斯 |
[03:43] | I am already pregnant. | 我已经怀孕了 |
[03:44] | So soon? | 这么快啊 |
[03:46] | Mary, that’s wonderful! | 玛丽 太棒了 |
[03:50] | No one can know. Not even Darnley. | 你不能告诉任何人 包括达恩利 |
[03:53] | – Not yet. – Of course. | -现在还不行 -当然 |
[03:55] | You will be an amazing mother. | 你会是一位超棒的母亲 |
[03:57] | Thank you, James. | 谢谢你 詹姆斯 |
[03:59] | I don’t know what I’d do without you. | 我不知道没了你我该如何是好 |
[04:04] | Am I interrupting? | 我打扰了吗 |
[04:07] | Hello, James. | 你好 詹姆斯 |
[04:08] | Hello, Greer. | 你好 葛瑞尔 |
[04:10] | I’ll leave you two. | 你俩聊吧 |
[04:18] | I think I’ve made a horrible mistake. | 我觉得我犯了个大错 |
[04:20] | At your wedding, I told James | 在你的婚礼上 我告诉詹姆斯我有多希望 |
[04:22] | how much I desired to have a man like him in my life. | 自己生命中拥有一个像他那样的男人 |
[04:25] | I had hoped it would encourage him | 我希望那能鼓励他 |
[04:27] | to express his own feelings, | 表达自己的感情 |
[04:28] | if he had any for me. Instead, he now treats me | 如果他对我有感情的话 但是现在 |
[04:30] | with the same affection he shows the furniture. | 他对待我的态度和家具无异 |
[04:32] | He’s respecting your circumstances. | 他是在尊重你的情况 |
[04:34] | You are still married, Greer. | 你还结着婚呢 葛瑞尔 |
[04:36] | So is Emily Knox. | 艾米丽·诺克斯也是啊 |
[04:38] | You shouldn’t take it personally. | 你别往心里去 |
[04:39] | Things aren’t always as they seem. | 事情并非总是表面的样子 |
[04:44] | Isn’t it wonderful? | 很棒吧 |
[04:45] | There’s something about a bathhouse that is | 浴室让我觉得 |
[04:47] | so incredibly… sensual. | 非常感性 |
[04:51] | Yes. If one enjoys the dampness of sweat. | 是的 如果有人喜欢湿湿的汗水 |
[04:55] | Poor Jane. You’re overheating | 可怜的简 你觉得热 |
[04:56] | because you’re not dressed properly. | 因为你的着装不得体啊 |
[04:59] | You may go. | 你可以退下了 |
[05:01] | And see to it | 替我看着 |
[05:02] | that I’m not disturbed. | 别让人来打扰我 |
[05:31] | Were you seen? | 有人看到你了吗 |
[05:33] | I was not. | 没有 |
[05:47] | Would you like to hear what’s being planned | 你想听听今晚 |
[05:48] | for your birthday celebration this evening? | 我怎么策划的你的生日庆典吗 |
[05:51] | Is it you and me in bed… | 是你和我躺在床上… |
[05:56] | with you feeding me cake? | 然后你喂我吃蛋糕吗 |
[05:57] | Mm, close. | 差不多 |
[05:59] | A gala in your honor. | 办了一场盛典 |
[06:01] | Hundreds of nobles and dignitaries. | 数以百计的贵族和高管 |
[06:03] | It’s the perfect opportunity for you to peruse a number | 你正好可以借机观察 |
[06:06] | – of potential suitors. – These suitors, | -大量的潜在追求者 -这些追求者 |
[06:09] | – are they Catholic? – The majority. | -他们是天主教徒吗 -大多数是 |
[06:12] | With Mary now wed to Darnley, | 现在玛丽嫁给了达恩利 |
[06:13] | your only hope of gaining the support of Catholic nations | 你唯一能获得天主教国家支持的机会 |
[06:16] | is with a Catholic union of your own. | 就是自己建立一个天主教联盟 |
[06:18] | Good. I will need your help | 很好 我明智的抉择就是 |
[06:21] | if I am to choose wisely. | 我会需要你的帮助 |
[06:23] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[06:25] | I have a… thorough understanding | 我不止对你的政治手段 |
[06:27] | of your politics, but also your… | 有着充分的了解 也对你的 |
[06:31] | personal tastes. | 个人品味有着充分了解 |
[06:33] | Good. I will need to find a husband | 很好 我需要一个丈夫 |
[06:35] | who I can not only tolerate, | 我不仅要能容忍他 |
[06:37] | but who will not plot to have my head removed. | 他还不能谋求取我项上首级 |
[06:39] | Agreed. Your neck must be protected at all costs. | 同意 必须不惜一切代价保护你的脖子 |
[06:45] | You do understand that | 你知道的吧 |
[06:47] | our current relationship | 我们目前的关系 |
[06:49] | is only temporary. | 只是暂时的 |
[06:51] | Once a match is made, we will need to stop this. | 一旦我找到合适的对象 我们必须终止关系 |
[06:54] | There’s no confusion. | 没有异议 |
[06:56] | I’m your advisor first, | 首先 我是你的大臣 |
[06:58] | your lover second. | 其次 我才是你的爱人 |
[06:59] | And right now… | 而现在 |
[07:02] | I’m done giving advice. | 我不想履职 |
[07:15] | I want to thank you. | 我要谢谢你 |
[07:16] | You’ve done wonders with Charles. | 查尔斯的事你办得很好 |
[07:18] | He no longer suffers night terrors, | 他再也不受梦魇所扰 |
[07:19] | – his confidence grows daily. – Stephan. | -他逐渐建立起了自信 -斯特凡 |
[07:22] | I’ve been looking for you. | 我一直在找你 |
[07:28] | Mm, I see you have Nicole well in hand. | 看来你把妮可牢牢的掌控在了手里 |
[07:32] | I’m turning her into a proper lady. | 我正教导她成为一名淑女 |
[07:34] | She wants to be a courtesan. | 她想成为一名交际花 |
[07:35] | In return, she is guiding Charles for us, | 作为回报 她帮我们引导查尔斯 |
[07:39] | – keeping him in line. – Well, if only | -保证他不做出格的事 -好 如果西班牙王后 |
[07:40] | that were enough for Leeza, queen of Spain | 莉扎能接受这样就好了 如果她能因此 |
[07:42] | and of meddling in French politics. | 不在掺和法国政事就好了 |
[07:45] | She still wants Charles off the throne. | 她仍想把查尔斯踢下王位 |
[07:46] | She believes that Henri is the man to keep France Catholic. | 她坚信只有亨利能维持法国的天主教性质 |
[07:50] | The Protestants have been troublesome of late. | 最近新教徒也惹了不少事 |
[07:53] | A firm hand is needed. | 我们必须采取强硬的态度 |
[07:54] | Well, a firm hand will be needed | 我们必须采取强硬的态度 |
[07:56] | to keep my sons from each other’s throats. | 保证我的儿子们不兵戎相向 |
[07:58] | And after agreeing to let me handle matters, | 在同意让我处理政事后 |
[08:00] | Leeza went behind my back and she wrote to Henri directly. | 莉扎在我不知情的情况下直接给亨利写了信 |
[08:04] | And he is on his way here now, | 现在 他已经在回来的路上了 |
[08:06] | fresh from his latest defeat of the Turks, | 他刚打败土耳其人的热血还没褪去 |
[08:09] | aware that Spain wants him on the throne. | 现在又意识到西班牙希望他登上王位 |
[08:11] | Toppling the Turks. | 打败土耳其人 |
[08:13] | You know, I have to say, he does sound impressive. | 我不得不说 他听起来很厉害 |
[08:16] | He’s ambitious. | 他野心勃勃 |
[08:17] | And Charles, | 而查尔斯 |
[08:18] | he’s no match for his younger brother. | 他根本无法与他弟弟抗衡 |
[08:21] | Nicole must get him to willingly abdicate | 妮可必须说服他自愿退位 |
[08:24] | and disappear from the world’s stage. | 并从此从世界舞台上消失 |
[08:27] | And once he does, we must pray that the people accept it, | 一旦他退位了 我们必须祈祷百姓能接受 |
[08:30] | and leave him in peace, | 不去打扰他 |
[08:32] | because I cannot survive the loss | 因为我没法承受 |
[08:35] | of another son. | 再失去一个儿子的痛苦了 |
[08:42] | It’s gorgeous. | 太美了 |
[08:47] | There is another reason for my visit. | 我来还有一个原因 |
[08:50] | An important task for you, regarding Charles. | 我要给你一项重要的任务 关于查尔斯的 |
[08:54] | It won’t be easy, but | 任务不会简单 但是 |
[08:57] | you will be well rewarded. | 酬劳颇丰 |
[08:58] | A country chateau of which you will have full control– | 一座你拥有完全所有权的乡村城堡 |
[09:01] | – kitchen, staff, decor. – Go on. | -厨房啦 佣人啦 装饰啦 -继续 |
[09:04] | It would be your new home. | 那将会成为你的新家 |
[09:06] | Once Charles agrees to abdicate. | 只要查尔斯同意退位 |
[09:10] | How is that even possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[09:11] | Unless Charles leaves court. | 除非查尔斯离开宫廷 |
[09:13] | Well, he would leave court. | 他会离开宫廷的 |
[09:15] | Well, he’d have to go far away, to remove himself completely | 他必须离得远远地 才能彻底从公众视线中 |
[09:17] | from the public eye. | 消失 |
[09:18] | You really have learned so much. | 你学得很快嘛 |
[09:21] | That’s what the chateau is for. | 这才是城堡的真正用途 |
[09:23] | He would still be a Valois, | 他还是瓦卢瓦王室中人 |
[09:24] | a noble of high rank. | 一位高等贵族 |
[09:27] | And as for you, | 而你呢 |
[09:28] | well, you would have your every need fulfilled. | 你的一切需求都会得到满足 |
[09:32] | It’s more than you could possibly have dreamed of. | 这是你做梦也不可能想到的 |
[09:38] | I dreamt that I’d be the first of my family | 我梦想我能成为家族里第一个 |
[09:40] | to escape that dreary farm. | 逃离那座沉闷农场的人 |
[09:41] | That I’d meet someone like you, | 我梦想能遇到一个你这样的人 |
[09:43] | who would initiate me to the excitement | 一个能让我了解 |
[09:44] | and intrigue of court. | 宫廷诡计的激情的人 |
[09:45] | I don’t want to go off into hiding | 我不想和一个脆弱的 退位的国王一起 |
[09:47] | with some weak, fallen king. | 逃得远远的 躲藏度日 |
[09:49] | I want to be in the thick of things. | 我想要身处漩涡的中心 |
[09:52] | With you. | 和你一起 |
[09:53] | With me? | 和我一起 |
[09:55] | I’ve fallen for you. | 我深深的为你倾倒 |
[09:58] | – I love you. – I need you to save a king’s life. | -我爱你 -我需要你拯救一个国王的性命 |
[10:02] | You must convince Charles to abdicate. | 你必须说服查尔斯退位 |
[10:04] | Which means going away with him. | 这就意味着我必须和他一起远走他乡 |
[10:10] | You don’t care about me at all. | 你根本不关心我 |
[10:12] | I could. I might. | 我可以关心你 我可能关心你 |
[10:15] | But we have an arrangement. | 但我们有言在先 |
[10:17] | Which is now utterly | 而现在 我们的协议 |
[10:18] | and completely over. | 彻底的终结了 |
[10:20] | Nicole… | 妮可… |
[10:21] | You hurt me. | 你伤害了我 |
[10:23] | I’m done helping you, | 我不会再帮你了 |
[10:24] | and the monarchy, and France. | 我也不会再帮国王和法国了 |
[10:26] | It is your country, too. | 这也是你的祖国 |
[10:28] | I don’t | 我不 |
[10:28] | care. | 在乎 |
[10:44] | Lord Mortimer, I will have no excuse now for being late. | 莫蒂默大人 我不会为迟到辩驳 |
[10:49] | But I thank you. | 但十分感谢你 |
[10:50] | It’s lovely. | 你的礼物太棒了 |
[10:51] | Your Majesty, it’s time for you to dance. | 陛下 该您跳舞了 |
[10:56] | Impressive turnout: | 结果真让人惊叹 |
[10:58] | 32 suitors from 16 countries. | 32位求婚者 来自16个国家 |
[11:03] | Congratulations, Your Grace. | 恭喜了 女王陛下 |
[11:04] | I will do my best to screen out anyone | 我会竭尽全力为你排除 |
[11:06] | who holds opinions strongly opposing your own. | 那些立场与你对立的人 |
[11:08] | And if anyone shows promise, I’ll take them | 如果有看上去合适的人选 |
[11:10] | for a stroll in the garden, | 让我带他们去花园散步 |
[11:12] | so I can speak to them more privately. | 跟他们私下交谈 |
[11:15] | Your Majesty, may I introduce | 女王陛下 这位是 |
[11:17] | Count Alfred Von Buren of Vienna. | 来自维也纳的阿尔弗雷德·凡·布伦伯爵 |
[11:56] | My father | 父亲时常教导我 |
[11:57] | always advised me: find a woman who can cook and clean | 要找一个出得了厅堂厨房的女人 |
[12:00] | and a woman that’s fantastic in bed. | 还要找个床技一流的女人 |
[12:03] | Then pray the two never meet. | 然后就祈祷她俩别发现对方 |
[12:10] | Oh, your third wife was barren? | 你第三任妻子不能生育吗 |
[12:12] | How very sad for you. | 真是可惜 |
[12:13] | She appeared perfectly normal when we first met, | 我们刚认识的时候 她看起来一切正常 |
[12:16] | only to find out later she was defective. | 后来才发现她有生理缺陷 |
[12:18] | Such a disappointment. | 真令人失望 |
[12:20] | What use is a woman if she cannot reproduce? | 不能生孩子的女人 留着有什么用 |
[12:36] | Jane, have you seen Her Majesty? | 简 你见到女王陛下了吗 |
[12:38] | I believe she went for a stroll in the garden | 她应该在花园散步呢 |
[12:40] | with the archduke of Austria. Very handsome. | 跟奥地利的大公一起 好英俊啊 |
[12:43] | The queen seemed quite pleased with him. | 女王好像很满意他 |
[12:53] | Did you really say that to him? | 你真的这样对他说了 |
[12:55] | Is that funny to you? | 你觉得很好笑吗 |
[13:06] | Lord Hamilton, | 汉密尔顿大人 |
[13:07] | I’m pleased you’re here. | 真高兴你能来 |
[13:10] | And what of your Catholic husband, | 你的天主教徒丈夫别来无恙啊 |
[13:12] | the king consort? | 未来的国王 |
[13:14] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 |
[13:15] | His absence suggests he does not share in your… pleasure. | 他不在 说明他并不得你的欢心 |
[13:19] | Lord Darnley is busy with matters regarding the Crown. | 达恩利大人正忙着处理加冕的事情 |
[13:22] | But we are of one mind: | 但我们的心思一致 |
[13:23] | to move forward, one nation, | 接下来的发展 就是一个国家 |
[13:26] | Catholics and Protestants united. | 天主教徒和新教教徒联合统一 |
[13:28] | Then perhaps you should have married me | 这样的话 你应该嫁给我啊 |
[13:31] | instead of a Catholic. | 而不是嫁给天主教徒 |
[13:32] | Imagine it: you, Catholic, | 想一下吧 你信天主教 |
[13:34] | me, Protestant, both with a claim to the Scottish throne. | 我 新教教徒 我们都在苏格兰称王 |
[13:38] | There is the unity you speak of. | 这才符合你所谓的”联合统一” |
[13:40] | But I’m looking beyond Scotland, | 但我的眼光不止盯着苏格兰 |
[13:42] | to England. | 还有英格兰 |
[13:44] | And you can help me. | 你能帮助我 |
[13:45] | If you stand with me | 如果在达恩利大人的加冕礼上 |
[13:47] | at Lord Darnley’s coronation, | 跟我站在一起 |
[13:48] | it will show both faiths | 那么两派教徒就会明白 |
[13:49] | that we share a common goal. | 我们是目标一致的 |
[13:51] | You’re asking me to turn my back on my family, | 你是让我背叛我的家族 |
[13:54] | ignore a hundred years of animosity | 让我不顾一百多年来 |
[13:56] | that exists between Lord Darnley’s family and mine. | 达恩利家族和我们之间的仇怨 |
[14:00] | What’s in it for me? | 这对我有什么好处 |
[14:03] | I am willing to restore the Hamilton family’s seat | 我要恢复汉密尔顿家族 |
[14:07] | on the privy council. | 在枢密院的位置 |
[14:09] | You would do this? | 你真会这么做 |
[14:11] | Allow me to influence policy, | 你知道我对达恩利的个人恩怨 |
[14:12] | knowing my hatred for Lord Darnley? | 还允许我介入政治 |
[14:16] | I am interested in the future, | 我更关心未来 |
[14:18] | not the past. | 而不是过去 |
[14:19] | It is a generous offer, | 这个条件很慷慨了 |
[14:21] | and one that I encourage you to accept. | 希望你接受 |
[14:25] | I will consider it. | 我会考虑的 |
[14:30] | James? | 詹姆斯 |
[14:32] | May I speak with you? | 可以说句话吗 |
[14:33] | I’m just heading out. | 我正准备出门 |
[14:35] | Can it wait until… | 能不能等一下 |
[14:35] | No. It will only take a moment. | 不 很快就说完 |
[14:39] | At Mary’s wedding, there were things said, | 在玛丽的婚礼上 我说了 |
[14:41] | by me, | 一些话 |
[14:42] | that I’m afraid have made you uncomfortable around me. | 可能让你不知道怎么面对我 |
[14:44] | I’m sorry, Greer. If I’ve treated you differently, it’s– | 抱歉 葛瑞尔 如果是因为我对你不如从前了… |
[14:48] | it’s only because I’ve been preoccupied with my duties. | 只是因为我的职责占用了太多精力 |
[14:50] | And preoccupied with Emily Knox. | 以及你对艾米丽·诺克斯念念不忘 |
[14:53] | Do you care for her, James? | 你喜欢她吗 詹姆斯 |
[14:54] | I only press the issue because Mary said | 我反复问这个问题 因为玛丽说 |
[14:56] | things aren’t always as they seem. | 事情不能总看表面 |
[14:57] | And I realize… | 我发觉 |
[15:00] | …love doesn’t need to be a thing of the past for me. | 爱情对我来说 不必成为过去 |
[15:02] | Not if I am clear about what I want. | 如果我清楚我想要的爱情 |
[15:05] | Who I want. | 我想要的人 |
[15:08] | Greer, my life is… | 葛瑞尔 我的生活 |
[15:10] | complicated. | 很复杂 |
[15:11] | I hope it will not always be, | 我希望不会永远这么复杂 |
[15:13] | but for now, it is. | 但起码现在是这样 |
[15:17] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:37] | Be patient with me. | 耐心等我 |
[15:39] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:47] | I baptize thee in the name of the Father, | 我以圣父 圣子 |
[15:51] | and of the Son, | 圣灵的名义 |
[15:52] | and of the Holy Spirit. | 为你洗礼 |
[16:04] | See that this message reaches King Charles, | 如果消息传到了查尔斯国王那里 |
[16:07] | or this church | 这个教堂 |
[16:08] | will become your child’s grave. Now run! | 将为你的孩子举行葬礼 快去 |
[16:13] | If Charles doesn’t release | 如果查尔斯不释放 |
[16:14] | the Protestant prisoners listed here, | 囚禁在这里的新教教徒 |
[16:16] | they’ll start killing the Catholic hostages, | 他们会开始屠杀天主教的人质 |
[16:18] | one by one. | 一个接一个 |
[16:19] | Please, do as they ask. | 求你了 按他们要求的做 |
[16:21] | My entire family is in that church, | 我的所有家人都在教堂里 |
[16:23] | my baby boy. | 里面有我的小儿子 |
[16:24] | We will speak with the king. | 我们会禀告国王 |
[16:25] | And he will respond. | 他会回应 |
[16:28] | This is worse than I feared. | 这比我担心的更糟糕 |
[16:30] | The gall. | 好大的胆子 |
[16:32] | We need to crush them. | 我们必须摧毁他们 |
[16:33] | Charles has balked at this sort of military action in the past, | 查尔斯曾经叫停过这种军事攻击 |
[16:36] | especially against Protestants. | 尤其是对于新教的进攻 |
[16:38] | Well, Henri would have no such hesitation. | 亨利就不会这么犹豫 |
[16:40] | But as Charles is king, | 但如今查尔斯是国王了 |
[16:41] | only he can authorize a military strike. | 只有他能授意军事进攻 |
[16:43] | Has Nicole spoken with him about abdicating? | 妮可跟他谈过退位的事情吗 |
[16:46] | No. | 没有 |
[16:47] | You said you had her in hand. | 你说过你能控制她的 |
[16:48] | That was before she decided | 那是在她爱上我之前 |
[16:49] | she was in love with me. | 我能控制她 |
[16:51] | I tried to hedge my response, but… | 我一直避免正面回答她 但是… |
[16:53] | But now what? Hmm? | 但是什么 |
[16:55] | She’s brokenhearted and angry. | 她很伤心 很愤怒吗 |
[16:57] | Well, the answer is simple. | 那答案就简单了 |
[16:59] | You must seduce her, | 你必须引诱她 |
[17:00] | convince her that you could love her. | 让她相信你会爱她 |
[17:02] | You’re very good at that. | 你很擅长这些 |
[17:06] | Or you used to be. | 或者说曾经很擅长 |
[17:08] | What is holding you back? | 你有什么顾虑 |
[17:10] | Charles needs guidance. | 查尔斯需要指引 |
[17:12] | You know that he will want to give in | 你知道他想要去满足 |
[17:13] | to the Protestants’ demands. | 新教徒的需求 |
[17:15] | If we appear weak, | 如我们表现出弱势 |
[17:17] | we are one step closer to civil war. | 就离内战更近了一步 |
[17:20] | Another hour passes. | 又过去一个小时 |
[17:22] | It is time to show your king | 是时候让你们的国王知道 |
[17:24] | that our threats | 要严肃对待 |
[17:25] | are to be taken seriously. | 我们的威胁了 |
[17:39] | How could you invite the Hamiltons here | 你明知道我和汉密尔顿家族的过节 |
[17:41] | – knowing our history? – I explained my reasons. | -怎么还邀请了他们 -我解释过了 |
[17:44] | After it is done. | 那只是事后通知 |
[17:45] | After they are comfortably | 现在他们已经舒服地 |
[17:46] | within the walls of our home. | 走进我们家里了 |
[17:48] | The very people who murdered my grandfather! | 他们杀死了我的祖父 |
[17:50] | I have heard enough about the bad blood between your families. | 我听够你们两家的血海深仇了 |
[17:53] | This feud will never end, unless somebody | 除非有人摒弃前嫌 否则这段世仇 |
[17:55] | is willing to be the better man. | 永远不会终结 |
[17:57] | I am asking you to be that man. | 我希望你成为那个摒弃前嫌的人 |
[17:59] | Then you are asking to be disappointed. | 那你可会失望了 |
[18:00] | We need their Protestant support. | 我们需要他们新教徒的支持 |
[18:03] | It is support that they are unlikely to give. | 他们可不会随便就支持你 |
[18:05] | I think they will. | 他们应该会的 |
[18:07] | I have offered Lord Hamilton | 我已经请汉密尔顿大人 |
[18:09] | a seat on the privy council. | 加入枢密院了 |
[18:12] | A seat on the privy council? | 让他加入枢密院 |
[18:14] | Why don’t you just hand him your throne, as well? | 你怎么不把王位也给他 |
[18:16] | The same ambition that drove the Hamiltons | 他们杀我祖父就是为了称王 |
[18:18] | to take my grandfather’s life | 你不怕他们对你 |
[18:20] | could drive them to take yours. | 故技重施吗 |
[18:22] | And since you refused me | 而且你还拒绝了 |
[18:23] | the Crown Matrimonial, | 让我成为并肩王 |
[18:24] | they will stake their own claim to rule. | 他们会让自己坐上王位的 |
[18:27] | You are determined to paint them as murderers. | 你一心把他们说成是杀手 |
[18:29] | And you | 可你 |
[18:29] | should have discussed this with me! | 应该事先跟我商量一下 |
[18:30] | I’m your husband, I’m your king! | 我是你的丈夫 你的国王 |
[18:32] | Not just some figurehead! | 不是花瓶 |
[18:37] | What am I saying? | 我在说什么 |
[18:38] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[18:39] | that’s all I am to you. | 我对你来说就是个花瓶 |
[18:41] | I didn’t want it to be like this. | 我也不希望这样 |
[18:43] | I had hoped that our marriage | 我也曾希望我们的婚姻 |
[18:44] | would be a partnership in every way. | 会让我们成为方方面面的伙伴 |
[18:46] | But with your drinking, your cheating, | 但你酗酒 出轨 |
[18:48] | your blind ambition… | 盲目的野心… |
[18:49] | I am trying to be better! | 我在努力变好 |
[18:50] | Then try harder. | 那就再努力点 |
[18:54] | I mean it, Darnley. | 我是认真的 达恩利 |
[18:56] | If the Hamiltons stay | 如果汉密尔顿家族 |
[18:57] | for your coronation, | 留下参加你的加冕礼 |
[18:58] | you cannot let them provoke you | 你不能受他们挑拨 |
[19:00] | to anger or violence. | 而发火或动手 |
[19:01] | A better partner, | 一个好的伙伴 |
[19:03] | a better king knows that sometimes, | 好的国王知道有些时候 |
[19:04] | we must do things we hate for the sake of the Crown. | 为了头上的王冠 我们必须做自己讨厌的事 |
[19:21] | The Archduke of Austria seemed like a nice fellow. | 奥地利大公看起来是个好人 |
[19:24] | He’s a little bit fancy for my taste. | 我觉得他很合适 |
[19:27] | Well, he was very handsome. | 他很英俊 |
[19:30] | With a long, powerful stride. | 步幅很大 |
[19:33] | I was practically breathless trying to keep up with him. | 为了追上他我都上气不接下气了 |
[19:36] | Stride is what one looks for in a horse, | 马才需要大步长 |
[19:37] | not a husband. | 丈夫不需要 |
[19:40] | I prefer to match my pace | 我更喜欢配合 |
[19:41] | to my partner’s. | 伴侣的速度 |
[19:43] | I may take things more slowly, but… | 可能我会很慢 但是… |
[19:46] | you will still find yourself | 你依然会 |
[19:49] | breathless. | 上气不接下气 |
[19:58] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[20:01] | I forgot to bring the… | 我忘记带… |
[20:02] | Oh, it doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[20:04] | You are a queen | 你是一个 |
[20:04] | looking to make a strategic marriage alliance. | 正在寻找政治联姻的女王 |
[20:07] | You can’t very well do that | 怀着别人的孩子 |
[20:08] | when you’re pregnant with another man’s child. | 可很难做到这一点 |
[20:10] | If I can get pregnant at all. | 前提是我能怀上孩子 |
[20:13] | Once I am wed, | 等我结婚 |
[20:14] | I will be expected to produce an heir | 他们就会让我生继承人 |
[20:16] | and blamed if I do not. | 生不出来就会遭受指责 |
[20:18] | Getting pregnant before I’m married | 结婚前就怀孕 |
[20:20] | might not be the worst idea. | 也不是特别糟的主意 |
[20:22] | If I am barren, | 如果我无法生育 |
[20:24] | there’s no reason to give up half my throne. | 就没必要让出半个王位了 |
[20:26] | If you do get pregnant… | 要是你怀孕了 |
[20:28] | I could be married within a week. | 一周之内我就能结婚 |
[20:29] | – With my child. – No one will know. | -可怀的是我的孩子 -没人会知道 |
[20:31] | What, and that makes it better? | 这是什么好事吗 |
[20:33] | I’m just your stud horse, | 我不过是你为了测试 |
[20:34] | testing your fertility? | 生育能力的种马 |
[20:35] | I’m sorry, I just thought that… | 对不起 我只是觉得… |
[20:36] | I know this is meant to be | 我知道这段关系 |
[20:38] | a relationship of convenience and nothing more, but… | 不过是我们各取所需 但是… |
[20:43] | what we share has– | 我们之间的感情 |
[20:44] | has quite unexpectedly become very personal to me. | 已经意外地掺杂了我的个人情感 |
[20:46] | I appreciate that’s not what you need | 我知道你现在并不需要 |
[20:48] | right now. Or want. | 或想要这个感情 |
[20:50] | I’m sorry for that. | 很抱歉 |
[20:55] | Are you here to lavish me | 你是来送我 |
[20:56] | with more gifts | 更多礼物 |
[20:57] | and then send me away to rot? | 然后送走我 让我自生自灭吗 |
[20:58] | You are the only one at court | 宫廷里只有你的话 |
[21:00] | who has the king’s heart. | 国王才听得进去 |
[21:02] | That makes you very special. | 这一点让你与众不同 |
[21:03] | Charles needs you now. | 查尔斯需要你 |
[21:05] | There is a very delicate situation at Vendome. | 凡登出了一件很棘手的事 |
[21:08] | Protestants have taken hostages. | 新教徒绑架了别人 |
[21:10] | I thought I made it clear. | 我以为我说的很清楚了 |
[21:12] | Our arrangement is off. | 我们的协议已经作废了 |
[21:14] | I won’t do anything for a man who only seeks to use me. | 我不会为只想利用我的男人做任何事 |
[21:17] | Nicole… | 妮可 |
[21:20] | I need to apologize. | 我道歉 |
[21:22] | You have come to mean something to me. | 你已经对我有了意义 |
[21:25] | You’re just saying that now to get what you want. | 你这么说只是为了得到自己想要的 |
[21:28] | It’s what I want that pains me. | 让我痛苦的正是我想要的 |
[21:36] | I had a wife who was killed. | 我曾经的妻子被杀了 |
[21:40] | Lola. | 萝拉 |
[21:41] | – Yes. – Of course. | -是的 -当然是她 |
[21:44] | Why didn’t I realize? | 我怎么没想到 |
[21:46] | Because you’re young and still so innocent. | 因为你还那么年轻天真 |
[21:50] | Being with you | 和你在一起 |
[21:53] | feels like a betrayal… | 感觉像是一种背叛 |
[21:56] | Because you love me, too? | 因为你也爱我吗 |
[21:59] | I don’t want to. | 我并不想这样 |
[22:01] | The truth is that… | 但事实是 |
[22:04] | I cannot erase you from my mind. | 我没法不去想你 |
[22:23] | I have deemed that | 我认为 |
[22:24] | immediate military action is required | 我们应当马上采取军事手段 |
[22:26] | to quash the Protestant insurgents in Vendome, | 将叛乱的新教徒逐出旺多姆 |
[22:29] | and save innocent lives. | 救出那些无辜的生命 |
[22:30] | France will not tolerate such blatant and aggressive | 法国不会容忍这种 |
[22:33] | defiance of the Crown and its laws. | 对皇室和法律的公然挑衅 |
[22:36] | – Very wise,Your Majesty. – Excellent. | -这很明智 陛下 -太好了 |
[22:39] | Well done, Nicole. | 干得漂亮 妮可 |
[22:41] | She’s good in bed, | 她床上功夫不错 |
[22:42] | and she can turn on the tears as well as the praise. | 简直让人欲仙欲死 |
[22:45] | And well done you. | 你也干得不错 |
[22:47] | I was starting to think you didn’t have it in you. | 我还以为你对此不再有兴趣了呢 |
[22:49] | Oh, I played her masterfully. | 我技巧可是很娴熟呢 |
[22:53] | And all it cost me | 我的损失只不过是 |
[22:54] | was the desecration of Lola’s memory. | 亵渎了关于萝拉的记忆 |
[22:57] | But that doesn’t mean anything to you, does it? | 但这对你来说无足轻重 是吗 |
[23:03] | Emily, tell me what’s happened. | 艾米丽 告诉我发生了什么 |
[23:06] | My husband knows about us. | 我丈夫发现了我们的事情 |
[23:09] | And I know you were only using me. | 而我发现了你只是在利用我 |
[23:17] | And I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[23:19] | More than I thought possible. | 比我想象中更恨 |
[23:24] | But I need you. | 但我需要你 |
[23:25] | My husband says he forgives me, | 我丈夫说他原谅我 |
[23:27] | but he treats me worse than a common whore. | 但他待我比人尽可夫的妓女还不如 |
[23:30] | I am forced to sleep and eat with the animals. | 我被迫与动物同吃同睡 |
[23:33] | And I am beat with the same rod. | 被用同样的棒子抽打 |
[23:36] | Emily, I’m sorry. | 艾米丽 对不起 |
[23:38] | Tell me how I can help. | 告诉我怎样才能帮你 |
[23:41] | You took my life from me, | 你毁掉了我的生活 |
[23:45] | and now you will find me another. | 你现在要帮我开始一段新生活 |
[23:47] | Away from my husband, | 远离我丈夫 |
[23:48] | away from you, | 远离你 |
[23:51] | away from anyone who knows my shame. | 远离所有知道我耻辱的人 |
[23:54] | Emily, that’s-that’s not something I can do. | 艾米丽 这…这我做不到 |
[23:56] | Because you fear my husband, too. | 因为你也害怕我丈夫 |
[23:58] | But you know people in France. | 但你在法国有认识的人 |
[24:00] | Get me there. | 把我送到那儿去 |
[24:02] | I have information that will make it worth | 我知道有价值的信息 |
[24:03] | whatever retribution you face from him. | 能值得你冒着被他报复的风险 |
[24:06] | Something horrible is going to happen to Mary. | 将会有可怕的事情发生在玛丽身上 |
[24:09] | Tell me what it is, | 告诉我是什么 |
[24:10] | and I will get you away from here, I promise. | 我会马上把你救出去 我保证 |
[24:13] | Tomorrow, | 明天 |
[24:15] | before the coronation, | 加冕礼之前 |
[24:17] | Lord Hamilton has plotted with my husband to kill Mary. | 汉密尔顿大人和我丈夫策划要刺杀玛丽 |
[24:39] | You must be Lord Darnley. | 你一定就是达恩利大人了 |
[24:40] | We have not met, Lord Hamilton. | 我们从未碰面 汉密尔顿大人 |
[24:42] | What gave me away? | 你是怎么认出我的 |
[24:42] | You have the look of an Englishman. | 你长得像英国人 |
[24:44] | And the face of a traitor. | 还有副叛徒的面孔 |
[24:48] | I wish to apologize for not greeting you earlier. | 我想为没能早些欢迎你而道歉 |
[24:50] | I also wish to make it up to you personally | 我想邀请你参加我的加冕礼 |
[24:52] | by inviting you to stay for my coronation. | 来作为补偿 |
[24:55] | Oh, my, aren’t you a good lad, doing your wife’s bidding. | 你可真是个乖孩子 听从你妻子的命令 |
[24:58] | I can’t help but think how different things would be | 我不禁猜想如果女王嫁给了我 |
[24:59] | if the queen had married me. | 事情该如何不同 |
[25:01] | She’d be pregnant by now, that’s for certain. | 至少 她现在肯定已经怀孕了 |
[25:03] | We are working on it. | 我们还在努力 |
[25:04] | Working? | 努力 |
[25:05] | If Mary were in my bed, I assure you | 如果玛丽在我的床上 我向你保证 |
[25:07] | she would not consider it work. | 她可不会觉得这是公事 |
[25:09] | Anyway, no need to feel pressure. | 不过 没必要有压力 |
[25:11] | If you fail to produce an heir, well, my family, | 如果你们没有子嗣 我的家族 |
[25:13] | as next in line, is more than ready to step in. | 作为顺位继承人 将很乐意接手 |
[25:17] | Lord Hamilton, | 汉密尔顿大人 |
[25:18] | might we not set aside our differences? | 我们能否先抛却我们之间的不同 |
[25:20] | Think of what could accomplish | 来想想如果我们联手支持 |
[25:21] | if we supported our queen and country together. | 我们的女王和国家 能有怎样一番作为 |
[25:25] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[25:26] | How long can we really resent one another for the tension | 因为我们祖父辈的过节 |
[25:29] | that existed between our grandfathers, anyway? | 我们还要憎恨彼此多久呢 |
[25:32] | In truth, it was more than tension. | 事实上 不只是过节 |
[25:35] | Your family murdered my grandfather. | 你的家族谋杀了我的祖父 |
[25:36] | Your grandfather was a traitor. | 你祖父是个叛徒 |
[25:38] | And your grandfather was a bastard. | 而你祖父是个杂种 |
[25:41] | By birth. Who persecuted Protestants, | 生来就是 一开始迫害新教徒 |
[25:43] | and then became one. | 然后又成为新教徒 |
[25:44] | A Catholic who becomes a Protestant | 天主教徒尽管改信新教 |
[25:46] | still serves the same God. | 却依然忠于同一个上帝 |
[25:48] | A Scot who becomes an Englishman loses his soul. | 苏格兰人成为英国人却是失去了他的灵魂 |
[25:51] | Like your father. | 比如你父亲 |
[25:57] | I’ve taken up enough of your time. | 我已经占用了你太多时间 |
[25:59] | I do hope that you will accept Mary’s offer | 我真心希望你能接受玛丽的条件 |
[26:01] | of a seat on the privy council. | 进入枢密院 |
[26:03] | If I do, | 如果我接受了 |
[26:04] | it will be to block your every move. | 你将会步步受阻 |
[26:07] | I’ll turn the privy council against you | 我会让枢密院与你为敌 |
[26:08] | and render you powerless, so everyone can see | 让你失去权力 所有人都会看到 |
[26:11] | what a weak and impotent man you truly are. | 你到底是个多么懦弱无能的人 |
[26:13] | And I’ll laugh. | 而我会开怀大笑 |
[26:15] | Like my grandfather must’ve laughed | 就像我祖父 |
[26:16] | when he slit your grandfather’s throat. | 割开你祖父喉咙的时候一样 |
[26:19] | A gift from the future king of Scotland | 来自苏格兰未来国王的礼物 |
[26:21] | to one of his loyal subjects. | 给他忠诚的臣民 |
[26:24] | You’ve probably poisoned it. | 你大概在里面下毒了吧 |
[26:32] | Prince Erik, too powerful. | 埃里克王子 太有权势 |
[26:34] | Duke of Savoy, too powerless. | 萨瓦公爵 太没权势 |
[26:36] | Count Alejandro, too dull; | 亚历山大伯爵 太乏味 |
[26:38] | Alfonso D’Este, too… lumpy? | 阿方索·德斯特 太…笨拙 |
[26:41] | Elizabeth, these are all viable marriage candidates. | 伊丽莎白 这些都是合适的结婚对象 |
[26:43] | You need to take this seriously. | 你得认真一点 |
[26:46] | Gideon, about last night… | 吉迪恩 关于昨晚发生的事… |
[26:48] | Oh, I apologize for my outburst. | 我为自己没控制好情绪而道歉 |
[26:50] | But I do believe it is best that we | 但我真的认为我们最好 |
[26:52] | return to things as they once were– | 回到从前那样 |
[26:55] | you, my Queen and I, your advisor. | 你是我的女王 我是你的大臣 |
[26:57] | Nothing more. | 仅此而已 |
[26:59] | Um, what about the Archduke of Austria? | 奥地利大公呢 |
[27:01] | You said you liked his… | 你说你喜欢他的 |
[27:02] | stride. | 步伐 |
[27:03] | I don’t want the Archduke. | 我不想要那个大公 |
[27:04] | He’s a Catholic, a good fit both politically, strategically… | 他是天主教徒 政治和战略上都很合适 |
[27:07] | I don’t want any of them. | 他们我一个都不想要 |
[27:08] | – Then who do you want? – You. | -那你想要谁 -你 |
[27:12] | What I want, | 我想要的 |
[27:15] | and what I need, | 我需要的 |
[27:17] | is you. | 是你 |
[27:19] | Since last night, I have done little | 昨晚之后 我什么都没干 |
[27:21] | but think about what my life would be like | 一直在想如果我们没有在一起的话 |
[27:23] | if we were not together. | 我的生活会变成什么样 |
[27:26] | A life where I would see you every day | 一种每天看到你 |
[27:29] | and know that I would not feel your touch at night. | 却知道我每晚触碰不到你的生活 |
[27:32] | A life where I would be unloved | 一种没人懂我 |
[27:35] | and unknown as only you love | 没人爱我的生活 因为只有你 |
[27:40] | and know me. | 爱我又懂我 |
[27:42] | And it is not a life I desire. | 而那不是我想要的生活 |
[27:46] | This is personal for me, as well. | 这对我来说也很重要 |
[27:55] | No explosions from Darnley. | 达恩利没出什么岔子 |
[27:57] | I know I have you to thank for that. | 我知道这得感谢你 |
[27:59] | Well, except for a moment when he asked me | 除了有一次他要我 |
[28:01] | to check on alterations being made to the crown, | 去看看王冠修改的样式 |
[28:03] | I was with him all day. | 其他时间我都和他在一起 |
[28:04] | If it all goes according to plan, | 如果一切按计划进行 |
[28:05] | by this time tomorrow, Darnley will have his crown, | 明天这个时候 达恩利就戴上王冠了 |
[28:08] | and the Hamiltons will have their seat on the privy council. | 汉密尔顿会赢得枢密院的位置 |
[28:10] | Here’s to you taking Elizabeth’s throne. | 为你即将夺取伊丽莎白的王位敬你一杯 |
[28:14] | Mary, | 玛丽 |
[28:15] | you must come with me, quickly. | 你必须跟我来 快 |
[28:16] | There’s a plot against your life. | 有人密谋要你的命 |
[28:18] | Knox incited the Hamiltons to stage a coup. | 诺克斯煽动汉密尔顿发动政变 |
[28:21] | I’ve sent guards to arrest the Hamiltons, | 我已派出卫兵去逮捕汉密尔顿 |
[28:22] | but they’re not in their chambers. | 但他们不在寝室 |
[28:24] | Until they’re located, we must leave the castle. Now. | 在找到他们之前我们必须离开城堡 马上 |
[28:27] | Greer, you come with me. | 葛瑞尔 你和我走 |
[28:28] | David, find Darnley. | 大卫 去找到达恩利 |
[28:29] | He needs to be taken to safety as well. | 他也需要保证安全 |
[28:38] | Stay back. | 你退后 |
[28:42] | Halt. | 停下 |
[28:43] | Stand where you are and surrender your weapons. | 站在原地不动 放下武器 |
[28:46] | What have we done? | 我们做了什么 |
[28:48] | Are we not allowed to leave | 我们想找女性相伴 |
[28:49] | if we desire female companionship? | 难道都被禁止外出吗 |
[28:51] | I will ask one more time. | 我再说一遍 |
[28:53] | Remove your weapons and lay them on the floor. | 把你们的武器放在地上 |
[28:57] | You are under arrest | 你们因叛国罪 |
[28:58] | for treason and conspiracy to assassinate the queen. | 以及阴谋刺杀女王的罪名而被捕了 |
[29:41] | So… | 所以… |
[29:43] | Knox was right. | 诺克斯是对的 |
[29:45] | You meant to kill us all along. | 你从一开始想杀了我们 |
[29:49] | Is that what he told you? | 他是这样对你说的吗 |
[29:50] | Is that why you wouldn’t disarm? | 所以你不肯缴械吗 |
[29:51] | He said it was a trap. I didn’t believe him. | 他说这是个陷阱 我没有相信他 |
[29:55] | My God, no. We can’t let him die. | 老天 不 我们不能让他死 |
[29:57] | He’s the only one that can prove Knox has been feeding us all lies. | 只有他能证明诺克斯一直在骗我们 |
[30:00] | Greer, fetch the physician. | 葛瑞尔 去找医师 |
[30:04] | No. | 不 |
[30:05] | Mary, he won’t make it. | 玛丽 他撑不过去了 |
[30:15] | Emily told me once she was a terrible liar. | 艾米丽曾对我说过她很不会说谎 |
[30:18] | She’s quite good, actually. | 事实上她很会撒谎 |
[30:20] | I believed her. | 我信了她 |
[30:21] | You will never know Emily’s motives. | 你永远也不会懂艾米丽的动机 |
[30:24] | Knox may have given her no choice. | 诺克斯可能让她别无选择 |
[30:26] | May have threatened her very life if she refused | 也许威胁她 如果她拒绝 |
[30:28] | to feed you false information about the Hamiltons. | 骗你汉密尔顿的事就要杀了她 |
[30:30] | And now, because we were unable to save Lord Hamilton, | 现在 由于我们无法拯救汉密尔顿大人 |
[30:33] | Knox is free to say that you lured them to the castle, | 诺克斯完全可以说是你引诱他们进入城堡 |
[30:36] | powerful Protestants to the slaughter. | 为了杀害有权有势的新教徒 |
[30:38] | He’ll preach of your treachery. | 他会鼓吹你的背叛 |
[30:40] | I will lose all hope of Protestant support. | 我会失去所有新教徒的支持 |
[30:44] | Unless someone else takes the blame. | 除非有别人愿意替你担责 |
[30:47] | James, no. | 詹姆斯 不 |
[30:48] | It is because of me that you’re in this trouble, Mary. | 你陷入这种麻烦都是因为我 玛丽 |
[30:51] | You must hold me accountable. | 你必须让我来担责 |
[30:52] | But it’s because of me that you slept with Emily | 但你一开始去招惹艾米丽 |
[30:54] | in the first place. | 却是因为我的授意 |
[30:55] | Mary, to take England, to hold Scotland, | 玛丽 为了夺取英格兰 保住苏格兰 |
[30:58] | you must say that I acted on my own. | 你必须说这事是我一意孤行 |
[31:02] | You must ban me from Scotland. | 你必须将我逐出苏格兰 |
[31:04] | Make me a public spectacle so that all will hear of it. | 让我成为众矢之的 |
[31:07] | You shouldn’t have to do this. | 你不能这样做 |
[31:10] | You are a good and fair queen, sister. | 你是个好女王 妹妹 |
[31:13] | Your people need you. | 你的人民需要你 |
[31:16] | My only regret is that | 我唯一后悔的是 |
[31:17] | I will no longer be able to serve at your side, | 我今后无法侍奉你左右了 |
[31:19] | and protect you. | 也无法再保护你 |
[31:22] | Only for a time. | 只是一段时间而已 |
[31:24] | I will call you back, James. | 我会召你回来的 詹姆斯 |
[31:30] | What am I going to do without you? | 没有你我可怎么办 |
[31:32] | Summon Lord Bothwell. | 召博斯威尔大人 |
[31:34] | I know he would rather die than see you harmed. | 我知道他会拼死保护你的 |
[31:37] | You can’t rely on Darnley for this, | 这点你不能指望达恩利 |
[31:39] | it’s too important. | 这太重要了 |
[31:43] | Tell me, Mrs. Knox, | 告诉我 诺克斯夫人 |
[31:44] | When you told James that the Hamiltons intended me harm, | 当你告诉詹姆斯汉密尔顿意图伤害我时 |
[31:47] | did you know it was a lie, | 你知道那是个谎言吗 |
[31:49] | even as you spoke it? | 在你脱口而出时 |
[31:50] | It is no worse than lies he has told me. | 他骗我的也不遑多让 |
[31:54] | Why don’t you kill me now? | 你为什么不杀了我 |
[31:57] | You’ve destroyed my life anyway. | 反正你也已经毁了我的生活 |
[32:00] | I may still need you, | 我可能还需要你 |
[32:02] | to connect your husband to the slaughter. | 用你拿下你的丈夫 |
[32:03] | His followers believe he is God’s messenger. | 他的追随者相信他是上帝的使者 |
[32:07] | Anything you do to him will only make him a martyr. | 你对他做的一切只会让他成为殉道者 |
[32:15] | You have cost me much, Emily. | 你让我损失不小 艾米丽 |
[32:19] | But something tells me | 但我直觉 |
[32:21] | there is some truth in your lies | 你的谎言 |
[32:23] | about the way you live, hmm? | 透露出你的生活状态 |
[32:27] | Go home. | 回去吧 |
[32:29] | To the powerful man who knows | 回到那个知道你背叛了他的 |
[32:30] | that you betrayed him. | 强大男人身边吧 |
[32:32] | Enjoy the living hell that is your marriage. | 去享受你如同地狱般的婚姻生活 |
[32:36] | That is your punishment. | 那就是你的惩罚 |
[32:41] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[32:43] | It has just been confirmed– | 攻击反叛者的行动 |
[32:45] | the attack on the rebels has been executed. | 已经实行了 |
[32:47] | And the hostages? | 人质呢 |
[32:48] | Thanks to your quick action, they are saved. | 多亏了你的快速决断 他们被拯救了 |
[32:52] | But at what cost? | 代价呢 |
[32:53] | How many gallant soldiers did I send to their deaths? | 有多少被我派出的英勇的士兵死了 |
[32:56] | Charles, come with me, please. | 查尔斯 跟我来 |
[32:59] | There’s something you need to see. | 你要亲眼来看看 |
[33:10] | You helped Charles find the strength | 你帮助查尔斯找到了 |
[33:13] | to do the right thing. | 为所应为的力量 |
[33:14] | You saved lives today. | 你今天拯救了生命 |
[33:21] | I did it for you. | 我是为你做的 |
[33:28] | Charles, the savior of France! | 查尔斯 法国的救世主 |
[33:30] | It’s all right, you are their hero. | 没错 你是他们的英雄 |
[33:33] | They’re calling me their savior. | 他们叫我救世主 |
[33:35] | They love you. | 他们爱你 |
[33:49] | – Is that… – My son. | -那是… -我的儿子 |
[33:52] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字 |
[33:54] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[33:55] | Named after the king who saved his life. | 和救他性命的国王用同一个名字 |
[33:59] | I wish Leeza were here to see this. | 真希望莉扎能看到这个场景 |
[34:01] | Charles, a Catholic King | 查尔斯 一个天主教国王 |
[34:03] | embraced by his people. | 受到了人民的爱戴 |
[34:05] | Oh, I’ll make sure she knows. | 我会确保她知道的 |
[34:07] | And perhaps this turn of events | 也许这个转折事件 |
[34:09] | will get her to stop interfering in French affairs, | 能让她不再插手法国内政 |
[34:13] | and let us live in peace. | 还我们安宁 |
[34:15] | I wouldn’t go that far. | 我可没想那么远 |
[34:16] | She is your daughter, after all. | 她毕竟是你的女儿 |
[34:20] | Perhaps this will buy us some room. | 也许这可以为我们赢得喘息的时间 |
[34:22] | Yes, giving us time to secure Charles’ reign. | 对 给我们时间去稳固查尔斯的统治 |
[34:25] | If we can keep his hand steady, | 只要让他稳定 |
[34:27] | he won’t need to abdicate. | 他就不用退位 |
[34:28] | Henri might not be too happy about that. | 亨利对此可不会开心 |
[34:30] | We can’t have him contesting the throne. | 我们不能让他来抢王位 |
[34:35] | Not when his brother is finally embracing being king. | 不能在他的哥哥受到爱戴的时候来 |
[34:39] | And as long as Nicole thinks she has your love, | 只要妮可觉得你还爱她 |
[34:41] | we can use her to control Charles. | 我们就能利用她来控制查尔斯 |
[34:45] | For the good of France, of course. | 当然是为了法国的利益 |
[34:49] | For the good of France. | 为了法国的利益 |
[34:52] | Lord James Stuart, Earl of Moray, | 詹姆斯·斯图尔特大人 莫里伯爵 |
[34:56] | for your egregious crimes, | 由于你的恶意犯罪 |
[34:57] | you are hereby banished from Scotland. | 你就此被驱逐出苏格兰 |
[35:00] | Furthermore, your lands and titles are forfeits to the Crown, | 你的土地和头衔均由皇室收回 |
[35:04] | your wealth stripped from your person | 你被剥夺所有财富 |
[35:05] | as you leave in disgrace. | 被逐出境 |
[35:19] | Wait. | 等等 |
[36:04] | How many more people will you sacrifice? | 你还要牺牲多少人 |
[36:07] | Was there no other way? | 难道就没有别的办法吗 |
[36:24] | Don’t go. | 别走 |
[36:26] | I have work. | 我还有工作 |
[36:27] | Or should I tell the privy council | 还是你要我告诉枢密院 |
[36:29] | that the queen’s needs are more pressing? | 女王的需求更加紧迫 |
[36:31] | Fine. You’re released. | 好吧 你去吧 |
[36:35] | Shall I write to the archduke | 要我写信给大公 |
[36:36] | to officially initiate courtship proceedings? | 正式开启求爱过程吗 |
[36:39] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[36:40] | For England’s sake, you still need a husband. | 为了英格兰 你还是需要一个丈夫 |
[36:42] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[36:43] | But I don’t want to lose you. | 但我不想失去你 |
[36:46] | You won’t. | 你不会的 |
[36:47] | I’ve traveled this path before. | 我以前走过这条路 |
[36:50] | It won’t be easy standing on the sidelines, | 想要置身事外并不简单 |
[36:54] | seeing me with someone else. | 要看着我和别人在一起 |
[36:56] | You will want a love of your own. | 你会想要自己的爱 |
[36:59] | It’s very complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[37:01] | I’m not Dudley. | 我不是达德利 |
[37:02] | I expect no more than what we enjoy now. | 现在就是我想要的状态 |
[37:06] | – It will not be enough for you. – It is. | -这不够 -够了 |
[37:09] | If our love must be secret, | 如果我们的爱需要保密 |
[37:10] | and our child, so long that it is loved, | 我们的孩子 只要他是被爱着的 |
[37:13] | never know its father, then… so be it. | 就算不认识他的父亲那也没关系 |
[37:17] | At least I’ll be a part of your life. | 至少我是你生活的一部分 |
[37:21] | The most precious part. | 最宝贵的部分 |
[37:40] | You’re getting good at this. | 你越来越厉害了 |
[37:43] | Well, I’ll have to be a great swordsman | 如果我想带领法国打胜仗 |
[37:45] | if I want to lead France to victory on the battlefield. | 就必须成为一个很棒的武士 |
[37:47] | And you’re no longer afraid of that responsibility? | 你不再害怕责任了吗 |
[37:50] | Not anymore. | 不再害怕了 |
[37:51] | I understand that sometimes a king must wield a sword | 我明白国王有时需要挥舞长剑 |
[37:53] | to protect his people. | 去保护他的人民 |
[37:54] | And your people will honor you for it, | 你的人民会以你为荣 |
[37:56] | as they did today. | 就像今天一样 |
[37:58] | They loved me. | 他们爱我 |
[37:59] | I can still hear the crowd chanting my name. | 我还能听到他们喊我的名字 |
[38:03] | I want it, Mother. To be king. | 我想担负起国王的责任 母亲 |
[38:07] | I am so proud of you. | 我为你自豪 |
[38:27] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[38:28] | Looking lovely, as always. | 你还是这么漂亮 |
[38:30] | Not exactly the welcome reception I was hoping for. | 这欢迎仪式没我想象中的隆重啊 |
[38:33] | Henri, you must not have received my letter. | 亨利 你一定是没收到我的信 |
[38:36] | There’s been a change of plan. | 计划有变 |
[38:39] | Leeza said Charles is unwell, | 莉扎说查尔斯状态不好 |
[38:41] | and I was needed immediately. | 马上要我赶回来 |
[38:42] | Well, I had hoped to save you the journey. | 我本来想让你避免这趟长途奔波的 |
[38:45] | Your brother is quite recovered. | 你哥哥恢复得很好 |
[38:49] | So he’s not going to be abdicating? | 所以他不会退位吗 |
[38:52] | No. | 不会 |
[38:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:57] | That’s a relief. | 真是松了一口气 |
[39:00] | You’re not disappointed? | 你不失望吗 |
[39:02] | Charles is my brother, | 查尔斯是我的哥哥 |
[39:04] | and the lawful king of France. | 也是法国名正言顺的国王 |
[39:06] | And I’m a prince | 而我是个王子 |
[39:08] | who gets to do whatever he wants. | 得听从他的指令 |
[39:19] | Welcome home, my son. | 欢迎回家 我的儿子 |
[39:35] | I think we should keep my coronation | 我觉得我的加冕礼 |
[39:37] | a small, private affair. | 应该办得小一些 私密一点 |
[39:39] | This does not feel like the time | 现在似乎不适合举办 |
[39:41] | for pomp or pageantry. | 大型盛典 |
[39:45] | I know how much you were looking forward to it. | 我知道你很期待这一天 |
[39:47] | I appreciate your understanding and sacrifice. | 我感激你的理解和牺牲 |
[39:51] | Sometimes a ruler must do things they hate | 有时统治者必须为了王位 |
[39:54] | for the sake of the Crown. | 做自己所讨厌的事 |
[39:55] | I know his death is a terrible complication, | 我知道他的死会让局面复杂化 |
[39:57] | but so you know, | 但你知道的 |
[39:58] | I refused to let Lord Hamilton provoke me. | 我不让汉密尔顿激怒我 |
[40:01] | Though I was tempted, | 尽管我的确很生气 |
[40:03] | I found strength in your challenge | 但我受益于你的挑战 |
[40:06] | to be a better man. | 成为更好的人 |
[40:08] | That is what I hope to be. | 我希望能成为更好的人 |
[40:10] | I can take care of you, Mary, | 我能照顾好你 玛丽 |
[40:11] | and I can protect you, | 我可以保护你 |
[40:15] | if you will only allow me. | 只要你能相信我 |
[40:18] | I will consider it. | 我会考虑的 |
[40:21] | Might you also consider, at last, | 你能不能也顺便考虑一下 |
[40:26] | starting a family with me? | 和我一起开始家庭生活呢 |
[40:32] | Actually… | 其实 |
[40:37] | …we have already started. | 我们已经开始了 |
[40:40] | I am pregnant with your child. | 我怀了你的孩子 |
[40:46] | I will be a good father and a good husband. | 我会成为好父亲和好丈夫的 |
[40:51] | On that you have my oath. | 我向你发誓 |
[41:13] | All hail the king! | 国王万岁 |