时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You were right. As long as Mary’s alive, | 你是对的 只要玛丽还活着 |
[00:04] | there will always be Catholics who want her on your throne. | 总还有天主教徒想让她替代你 |
[00:07] | Unless you share it with someone of their faith. | 除非你与他们有同样的信仰 |
[00:09] | Archduke Ferdinand, you certainly have | 费迪南大公爵 显然 |
[00:11] | risen above your competition. | 您在竞争者里十分出类拔萃 |
[00:12] | I am well aware you’ve been looking for a Catholic king. | 我很清楚您一直在寻找一位天主教国王 |
[00:15] | A king’s confidence | 国王的自信 |
[00:16] | is essential. | 至关重要 |
[00:17] | And you are a source | 而你就是 |
[00:19] | of Charles’ confidence. | 查尔斯自信的来源 |
[00:20] | And you are the source of my happiness. | 你就是我幸福的来源 |
[00:23] | You’re wasting your time with the wrong man. | 你在错误的人身上浪费时间 |
[00:25] | I’m talking about Narcisse. | 我说的是纳西斯 |
[00:26] | Round up every try offender | 抓住所有不按时纳税的人 |
[00:28] | and throw them in debtor’s jail at once. | 马上关进债主监狱 |
[00:31] | Dear God, the Englishmen. | 老天 是英格兰人 |
[00:32] | Spain wants Henri on the throne. | 西班牙想要亨利当国王 |
[00:34] | And you do not have the power to save Charles. | 你也没有能力救查尔斯了 |
[00:38] | Darnley can’t know. | 达恩利不能知道 |
[00:39] | He wants the Crown Matrimonial very badly. | 他特别想成为并肩王 |
[00:41] | You must never let him benefit from your death. | 你绝不能让他从你的死中获益 |
[00:45] | With the right people on our side, | 赢得正确的人 |
[00:47] | we can convince the council | 我可以说服枢密院 |
[00:48] | to override Mary | 推翻玛丽的决定 |
[00:50] | and grant you the Crown Matrimonial. | 让你当上并肩王 |
[01:10] | English citizens believe | 英格兰国民相信 |
[01:11] | they can live and conduct business | 他们可以在法国谋生 |
[01:13] | on French soil and pay nothing to the Crown. | 但不需要给国家上交什么 |
[01:17] | We will show them that they’re wrong. | 我们会告诉他们 他们错了 |
[01:21] | There is an English ship in the docks christened Hopewell. | 码头上有一艘叫霍普维尔的船 |
[01:23] | We will begin there. | 我们就从那里开始 |
[01:33] | Search the ship for the captain! | 搜查船 找到船长 |
[01:40] | Captain Evans, I am Henri Valois, | 埃文斯船长 我是亨利·瓦卢瓦 |
[01:42] | brother to King Charles of France. | 法国国王查尔斯的弟弟 |
[01:44] | Damn you and damn your brother. | 你和你哥都去死吧 |
[01:45] | This ship sails under the flag of England. | 这艘船挂的是英格兰国旗 |
[01:47] | But is currently in a French port. | 但却停在法国港口 |
[01:52] | Show me your manifest, | 给我看货单 |
[01:53] | I want to know what cargo you carry. | 我要知道你运的是什么货物 |
[01:58] | Isn’t it enough that your brother already butchered | 你哥哥杀了这艘船的主人 |
[02:00] | the man that owns this ship? | 还不够吗 |
[02:01] | It is not. | 不够 |
[02:07] | In the name of France, I am seizing this ship | 我将以法国的名义扣押这艘船 |
[02:09] | as well as the cargo it carries. | 以及所有货物 |
[02:11] | Remove Captain Evans and make certain the ship does not sail | 把埃文斯船长除掉 没我的命令 |
[02:13] | unless I authorize it. | 这艘船不能出海 |
[02:15] | This is an act of war! | 你这是战争行为 |
[02:16] | Don’t think that Queen Elizabeth won’t hear of it. | 别以为伊丽莎白女王不会知道 |
[02:19] | When did King Charles’ brother become the defender of France? | 查尔斯国王的弟弟什么时候成为法国守护者了 |
[02:22] | Perhaps he’s following Charles’ orders. | 也许他是遵循查尔斯的命令 |
[02:24] | We cannot afford to go to war with France | 就为了几个选择在法国生活的英格兰人 |
[02:26] | over a few Englishmen who chose to live in France. | 我们不能和法国开战 |
[02:29] | I assure you, | 我向你保证 |
[02:30] | I will negotiate concessions from France | 我会在不触发战争的前提下 |
[02:32] | without risking military action. | 和法国商讨让步事宜 |
[02:34] | But we must also project strength, | 但我们也必须表现出强势 |
[02:36] | as the alliance between Spain and France continues to grow. | 因为法国和西班牙的盟友关系日渐紧密 |
[02:40] | The archduke of Austria is well-liked | 奥地利大公深受 |
[02:42] | by both Spain and the Vatican. | 西班牙和罗马教廷的喜爱 |
[02:45] | We could use the fact | 他很快就会成为我的丈夫 |
[02:47] | that he will soon be my husband to our advantage. | 我们可以利用这一优势 |
[02:54] | What will I do with myself while you’re away in France? | 你去法国期间我该怎么办 |
[02:59] | I’ve grown so used | 我已经习惯了 |
[03:01] | to having you whenever I want. | 我需要时你随时出现 |
[03:06] | I will miss that. | 我会想念你的 |
[03:10] | ?How about this? | 这样如何 |
[03:12] | While I’m gone, and you are overcome with desire, | 我不在时 当你饥渴难耐时 |
[03:15] | write it down. | 就写下来 |
[03:17] | We can read your pages together when I return. | 我回来的时候可以一起读 |
[03:19] | Well, in that case, | 那样的话 |
[03:21] | I will need to request an extra large supply | 那我可能需要很多很多 |
[03:24] | of parchment and ink. | 羊皮纸和墨水 |
[03:27] | I have one son– a king– who beheads English nobles. | 我当国王的儿子砍了英格兰贵族的脑袋 |
[03:30] | And another wishing to be king, | 另一个想当国王的儿子 |
[03:32] | who agitates Protestants and seizes English ships. | 煽动新教徒还扣押了英格兰的船 |
[03:35] | They seem to be at war with each other. | 他们似乎要彼此开战 |
[03:38] | If we don’t control them, | 如果我们不控制他们 |
[03:39] | they’ll soon have us at war with England. | 他们很快就会挑起我们和英格兰的战争 |
[03:41] | We have to return the ships. | 我们必须要归还船只 |
[03:42] | What, and let France appear weak? | 什么 让法国示弱吗 |
[03:44] | No. Our best strategy, | 不 布莱克本勋爵一到 |
[03:45] | once Lord Blackburn arrives, | 我们最好的策略 |
[03:47] | is to at first offer nothing. | 就是什么都不妥协 |
[03:49] | Assume the upper hand. | 把气势做足了 |
[03:50] | England won’t go to war over a couple of merchant ships. | 英格兰不会为了几艘商船和我们开战的 |
[03:53] | What about the nobles that Charles slaughtered? | 那查尔斯杀掉的贵族呢 |
[03:55] | He was provoked. He acted in self-defense. | 他被激怒了 是在自卫 |
[03:58] | A lie, and I trust you have a good number | 撒谎 相信你应该能找到 |
[04:00] | of witnesses to support it? | 很多目击证人吧 |
[04:01] | It’s the same story the king will tell while in Paris. | 在巴黎国王也会这么说的 |
[04:04] | Let’s hope it’s enough to calm the jittery nerves | 希望这样能够安抚我们新教徒国民 |
[04:06] | of our Protestant subjects and avoid civil war. | 敏感的神经 避免发生内战 |
[04:10] | I hear that Charles’ peasant lover, Nicole, | 我听说查尔斯的农民情人 妮可 |
[04:13] | didn’t accompany him to Paris. | 没有陪他去巴黎 |
[04:15] | Do you know why? | 你知道原因吗 |
[04:16] | Yes. | 知道 |
[04:17] | She wants time away from her king, | 她想要离开国王身边 |
[04:19] | so that she can smother me | 然后用她泛滥的感情 |
[04:20] | with her exhausting affections. | 将我淹没 |
[04:23] | Well, that’s the price you pay to control the woman | 这就是控制控制着国王的女人 |
[04:26] | who controls the king. | 所要付出的代价 |
[04:27] | Is it really so bad? | 真有那么糟吗 |
[04:29] | Each day I receive | 每天我都会收到 |
[04:32] | some pointless gift. | 一些无意义的礼物 |
[04:35] | And I am expected | 我还要 |
[04:36] | to respond and share my feelings. | 回应并分享我的感觉 |
[04:40] | It’s dreadful. | 太可怕了 |
[04:41] | Oh, such a burden. | 真是个负担 |
[04:42] | I had no idea. | 我都不知道 |
[04:44] | Lord Chancellor, you wished to see me? | 大法官 你找我 |
[04:47] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:48] | I thought you would like to know | 你应该要知道 |
[04:49] | that Queen Elizabeth is not happy. | 伊丽莎白女王很不高兴 |
[04:52] | I couldn’t care less if Elizabeth is happy or not. | 伊丽莎白高不高兴我无所谓 |
[04:54] | No. You only care how you’re viewed | 不 你只在乎 |
[04:57] | by French nobles and Spain. | 法国贵族和西班牙怎么看你 |
[04:59] | Elizabeth is sending an envoy to negotiate a settlement. | 伊丽莎白会派使臣来商讨解决方案 |
[05:02] | What’s to negotiate? | 有什么好商讨的 |
[05:04] | English citizens shouldn’t be on French soil. | 英格兰人就不应该在法国土地上 |
[05:06] | And if they must, then they have to pay for the privilege. | 如果非得在 就要付出代价 |
[05:09] | With taxes. | 上缴税费 |
[05:09] | While I do not disagree with your beliefs… | 我不同意你的看法… |
[05:12] | Your antagonistic way | 你这样的行为 |
[05:13] | in which you are expressing them | 会让我们 |
[05:14] | could plun us into a war. | 陷入战争 |
[05:17] | One we do not need or want. | 而我们不需要也不想要这场战争 |
[05:19] | Which is why | 正因如此 |
[05:19] | I will meet with Lord Blackburn | 我会独自会见布莱克本大人 |
[05:22] | and handle the negotiations. Alone. | 并和他进行磋商 |
[05:24] | Is that clear? | 听明白了吗 |
[05:29] | Of course. | 明白 |
[06:11] | Lord Bothwell. | 博斯威尔大人 |
[06:12] | ?David. | 大卫 |
[06:13] | I hope I haven’t kept you waiting. | 希望没有让您久等 |
[06:15] | Not at all. | 没有 |
[06:16] | Have you discovered why the privy council | 你弄清楚为什么枢密院 |
[06:18] | has been voting against every measure | 一直投票反对 |
[06:20] | I place before them? | 我提出的所有措施 |
[06:21] | They continue to blame you for mishandling the money | 他们还在怪你乱用钱 |
[06:23] | for the disaster relief. | 花在赈灾上面 |
[06:24] | And you’re Catholic, a woman, | 而且你是个天主教徒 是个女人 |
[06:26] | they consider you a foreigner… | 他们还觉得你是个外人 |
[06:27] | Darnley’s been paying them. | 达恩利一直在给他们钱 |
[06:29] | Yes, I was getting to that, thank you. | 没错 我正要说到这个 谢谢你 |
[06:32] | Bribes. Quite large. | 贿赂 大额贿赂 |
[06:34] | He’s using them to influence | 他在利用他们 |
[06:35] | the most powerful members of the council. | 动摇枢密院最有权威的成员 |
[06:36] | And what favor does he ask of them in return? | 那他的要求是什么呢 |
[06:38] | He’s requested a special vote. | 他要求进行一项特殊投票 |
[06:40] | One that gives him the Crown Matrimonial. | 让他成为并肩王的投票 |
[06:42] | Over my objections? | 不顾我的反对吗 |
[06:43] | The privy council has such power. | 枢密院有这个权利 |
[06:45] | If Darnley is granted the Crown Matrimonial, | 一旦达恩利成为了并肩王 |
[06:47] | it makes him my equal. | 他就和我平等了 |
[06:48] | But in their eyes, my superior! | 但在他们眼里 他就比我更尊贵了 |
[06:50] | And because he is a man, | 因为他是个男人 |
[06:51] | the privy council will look to him and not me. | 枢密院会更看重他 而非我 |
[06:54] | We cannot let him succeed, | 我们不能让他成功 |
[06:56] | or they will be one step closer to eliminating me. | 否则废黜我的那天就不远了 |
[07:00] | I need a plan that gives me power with the privy council. | 我需要一个能让我打动枢密院的计划 |
[07:03] | If I can force them to take my side over Darnley’s, | 如果我能说服他们听从我而非达恩利 |
[07:07] | then I’ll be able to protect my throne. | 那我就能保住我的王位 |
[07:11] | And I believe I have a plan that just may work. | 我想我有一个正好能奏效的计划 |
[07:21] | – Lord Blackburn. – ?Lord Chancellor. | -布莱克本大人 -大法官 |
[07:23] | Don’t tell me they sent you to greet me. | 别告诉我他们派你来迎接我 |
[07:25] | Oh, I thought it’d give us some time | 我觉得这样我们 |
[07:26] | to spend together informally | 就能在开始正式磋商前 |
[07:28] | before we begin our negotiations. | 私下聊聊 |
[07:30] | Well, wonderful. | 太好了 |
[07:31] | Then may I ask, informally, | 那我能私下问问吗 |
[07:32] | why the king’s brother Henri has become so… | 为什么国王的兄弟亨利 |
[07:34] | active in French politics? | 在法国政坛变得如此活跃 |
[07:36] | Ah, he supports the king, nothing more. | 他是在支持国王 没什么 |
[07:38] | And the Spanish galleons anchored off shore, | 西班牙帆船也停泊在海岸 |
[07:40] | do they also support the king? | 他们也支持国王吗 |
[07:42] | It’s no secret that France and Spain share a very close tie. | 法国和西班牙关系密切这不是什么秘密 |
[07:45] | The Vatican is prepared to stand behind Elizabeth. | 梵蒂冈准备支撑伊丽莎白 |
[07:47] | She’s soon be wed to a Catholic, | 她马上就要嫁给一个天主教徒了 |
[07:49] | King Philip’s nephew, the archduke of Austria. | 菲利普国王的侄子 奥地利大公 |
[07:52] | I do believe our king trumps your archduke. | 我觉得我们国王的胜率比你们大公高 |
[07:56] | ?Please. | 请 |
[08:02] | “Restitution for the life | 赔偿所有被害 |
[08:04] | “of each murdered English subject. | 英格兰人民的生命 |
[08:07] | “Return of all seized ships and cargo, and… | 归还所有被扣船只货物 以及 |
[08:10] | formal apology”. | 公开道歉 |
[08:11] | Mm, something in writing would be preferred. | 最好是书面形式的 |
[08:14] | France objects to your use of the word “murder.” | 法国不同意你使用被害一词 |
[08:16] | Your English lords were not murdered, | 你们的英格兰大人并非被害 |
[08:18] | they were executed when they threatened the king. | 他们是因威胁国王被处死的 |
[08:21] | “Threatened”? Really? | 威胁 是吗 |
[08:22] | There will be no apology, formal or otherwise. | 法国不会道歉的 无论正式与否 |
[08:26] | And no payment. | 也不会赔款 |
[08:27] | As for the ships, England may buy them back. | 至于船只 英格兰可以买回去 |
[08:29] | France is owed taxes, and we intend to collect. | 法国还有拖欠的税款未收 我们有意追收 |
[08:33] | However, as I am not an unreasonable man, | 然而 鉴于我不是不可理喻的人 |
[08:38] | I might be persuaded to give back | 我可以被说服归还船只上的货物 |
[08:40] | the ships’ cargo as a sign of good will. | 作为友好互信的象征 |
[08:44] | In the eyes of the world, | 在世人眼中 |
[08:45] | you have committed murder and theft. | 你们杀了人还进行了盗窃 |
[08:48] | A military response from England will be seen as justified. | 英格兰进行军事反击才是正当的 |
[08:51] | So I strongly urge you to reconsider your position. | 我强烈敦促你三思你们的处境 |
[09:00] | How are the negotiations going? | 磋商进行得如何 |
[09:02] | We’re still talking. | 还在谈 |
[09:03] | Whatever you do, do not give England | 不管你做什么决定 别把船上的货物 |
[09:04] | – the cargo from the ships. ?- Why? | -给英格兰 -为什么 |
[09:07] | Because we’ve been handed an unexpected gift. | 因为那是一份意外之喜 |
[09:11] | The cargo is saltpeter. | 船上的货物是硝石 |
[09:13] | The English transport it from North Africa to make gunpowder. | 英格兰从北非运来制造火药 |
[09:15] | Gunpowder they will use against France. | 而这火药是用来对付法国的 |
[09:18] | – Or Spain. ?- Oh, how tragic for Spain. | -或者西班牙 -西班牙真可怜 |
[09:20] | And tell me, is Spain aware | 告诉我 西班牙知道 |
[09:21] | of this cargo captured in France? | 这批货物在法国被劫了吗 |
[09:25] | You told your sister, the queen. | 你告诉你的姐姐 那位皇后了 |
[09:26] | She’s requested that we divert the saltpeter to Spain. | 她要求我们将硝石交给西班牙 |
[09:29] | So, now Spain asks you to meddle | 所以西班牙现在是让你 |
[09:31] | in France’s affairs on their behalf. | 参与法国政事好为他们谋利吗 |
[09:32] | I’m working with Spain to clean up the mess | 我是在和西班牙合作 |
[09:34] | that Charles has created with England. | 解决查尔斯和英格兰引发的麻烦 |
[09:36] | All they ask for in return is the saltpeter | 他们想要的不过是 |
[09:38] | to make ammunition. | 制作弹药的一点硝石 |
[09:39] | I am working with Spain. | 我是在和西班牙合作 |
[09:41] | And you would be wise to work with me. | 劝你机智点 和我合作 |
[09:47] | This is a glorious day for all of Scotland. | 今天对苏格兰是荣耀的一天 |
[09:50] | God has smiled upon us. | 上帝向我们微笑 |
[09:52] | I stand before you with great joy, | 我在此极度欣喜地 |
[09:54] | to announce to you, and the world, | 向你们 和全世界宣布 |
[09:57] | that I am blessed and honored to carry within me an heir. | 上帝眷佑我 让我怀上了继承人 |
[10:03] | An heir with a claim to both the Scottish and English thrones. | 这个继承人将有权继承苏格兰和英格兰的王权 |
[10:12] | I think it would please them very much | 我觉得他们会很乐意 |
[10:14] | to hear from the father. | 听到孩子的父亲说两句 |
[10:16] | Long live the king! Long live the king! | 国王万岁 国王万岁 |
[10:20] | Long live the king! Long live the king! | 国王万岁 国王万岁 |
[10:24] | Long live the king! | 国王万岁 |
[10:26] | The queen and I are | 女王和我 |
[10:28] | very much looking forward | 十分期待 |
[10:29] | to the arrival of our child. | 我们孩子的到来 |
[10:31] | And we thank you for allowing us | 我们也要感谢你们 |
[10:33] | to share this blessed news with you. | 和我们分享这个好消息 |
[10:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:52] | That was a brilliant move. | 这招很棒 |
[10:54] | But how did you know that | 但你怎么知道 |
[10:55] | Darnley wouldn’t make good on his threat | 达恩利不会实现他的威胁举措 |
[10:56] | and deny the child was his? | 拒绝承认孩子时他的呢 |
[10:58] | I didn’t give him time to think. | 我没给他时间思考 |
[11:00] | My husband is not a complex man. | 我丈夫不是个复杂的人 |
[11:02] | He just wants to be loved and adored. | 他只是需要别人爱戴他尊敬他 |
[11:05] | I simply gave him an opportunity to feed his ego. | 我只是给了他一个满足自尊心的机会 |
[11:12] | Well, now that you’ve claimed the child as your own, | 既然你已经承认了孩子是你的 |
[11:14] | you’ve given up our leverage with the queen. | 你就放弃了我们制衡女王的筹码 |
[11:17] | We’ll need a new way to rid ourselves of her. | 我们需要一个新的办法除掉她 |
[11:19] | Rid ourselves? | 除掉 |
[11:20] | I’m not looking to do away with Mary. | 我不想除掉玛丽 |
[11:23] | All I want is the Crown Matrimonial… | 我只想要只做并肩王 |
[11:25] | to be her equal. | 和她平起平坐 |
[11:26] | Thanks to you, it’s now too late for that. | 多亏了你 现在已经太晚了 |
[11:29] | So, you want to kill her? | 所以你们要杀她 |
[11:31] | Is that what you’re suggesting? | 你是这么建议的吗 |
[11:33] | She carries the future heir. | 她怀着未来的继承人 |
[11:35] | No one, not even a child, is innocent. | 没人是无辜的 哪怕是孩子 |
[11:36] | And as long as this woman is allowed to draw breath, | 只要这个女人还活着 |
[11:39] | she will continue to ruin this land as completely | 她就会继续彻底毁掉这片土地 |
[11:41] | as she has ruined everything and everyone that I love. | 就像她毁掉我所爱的一切一样 |
[11:46] | There has to be another way. | 一定还有别的办法 |
[11:48] | Well, I’m afraid I’m out of ideas… | 恐怕我是想不出来了 |
[11:50] | unless you’ve got one? | 难道你有办法 |
[11:54] | Think hard. | 好好想想 |
[12:07] | I’ve received news from Bothwell. | 博斯威尔传来消息 |
[12:10] | Your plan was a success. | 你的计划成功了 |
[12:12] | Nearly all the council members | 几乎所有原本打算 |
[12:13] | who were prepared to grant Darnley | 给达恩利并肩王的 |
[12:14] | the Crown Matrimonial have changed their minds. | 议会成员都改了主意 |
[12:17] | They know that it will make them | 他们知道投票反对 |
[12:18] | very unpopular to vote against a queen | 怀有子嗣的女王 |
[12:20] | who carries the heir to the throne. | 会遭人唾弃 |
[12:22] | How many minds have remained unchanged? | 还有多少人没改主意 |
[12:24] | Only one that matters. | 只有一个重要的人 |
[12:26] | Lord Ruthven. | 卢斯文大人 |
[12:28] | We already know that the Lord Treasurer | 我们已经知道这位财政大臣 |
[12:30] | isn’t above accepting bribes, | 经不起贿赂的诱惑 |
[12:33] | but I’m willing to bet | 但我敢打赌 |
[12:34] | that his dishonesty goes further than that. | 他做过的勾当远不止如此 |
[12:37] | You’re familiar with bookkeeping. | 你对记账很熟悉 |
[12:39] | I would like you | 我想请你 |
[12:40] | to find the privy council ledgers | 去查查枢密院的账目 |
[12:42] | and see if there’s evidence | 看看是否还有 |
[12:44] | of any further financial wrongdoing. | 其他滥用财产的举动 |
[12:47] | I’ll request the ledger at once. | 我这就去查账目 |
[12:50] | David. | 大卫 |
[12:53] | I don’t know how to thank you for all you’ve done for me. | 我不知道该如何感谢你为我做的这一切 |
[12:57] | With my brother, James, gone, | 我哥哥詹姆斯走了 |
[12:58] | and Greer away… | 葛瑞尔也不在我身边 |
[13:01] | I feel as though I can trust you with my life. | 我几乎感觉能把性命托付于你 |
[13:04] | You can. | 你可以的 |
[13:06] | This is my home now. | 这里现在是我的家了 |
[13:09] | And you are my friend. | 而你是我的朋友 |
[13:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:13] | A queen doesn’t have many friends. | 女王没有什么朋友 |
[13:16] | I treasure you. | 我很珍惜你 |
[13:23] | With Charles in Paris, I thought we could | 现在查尔斯在巴黎 |
[13:24] | get to know each other a little better. | 我想我们可以更好地了解对方 |
[13:26] | Is that what this stroll is? | 这就是这次散步的目的吗 |
[13:28] | Yes. You’re important to my brother and my family, | 没错 你对我哥哥和我家族都很重要 |
[13:30] | and I realized I hardly know you. | 而我却几乎不了解你 |
[13:32] | Yet, you thought you knew me well enough | 但你觉得你已经足够了解我 |
[13:33] | to tell me that I’m with the wrong man. | 都能告诉我我和错误的人在一起了 |
[13:35] | Because I know Narcisse and I was trying to protect you. | 因为我了解纳西斯 我在试图保护你 |
[13:37] | Protect me? Why? You hardly know me. | 为什么要保护我 你都不了解我 |
[13:40] | Which brings us back | 这就是我邀请你 |
[13:41] | to why I asked you on a stroll. | 散步的原因 |
[13:43] | So, let’s start at the beginning. | 让我们从头说起 |
[13:45] | Tell me how you came to be here at court. | 告诉我你为什么来到宫里 |
[13:47] | I’m sure you’ve heard my story. | 我相信你已经听过我的故事了 |
[13:49] | The simple farm girl who rose to become the king’s mistress. | 一个简单的农家女孩变成了国王的情妇 |
[13:52] | You’re so much more than that. | 远远不止如此 |
[13:53] | I don’t think my brother would be king without you. | 没有你我的哥哥当不了国王 |
[13:57] | Charles is quite capable. | 查尔斯很有能力 |
[13:58] | With you whispering in his ear | 靠你对他吹枕边风 |
[13:59] | after Narcisse has whispered in yours. | 转述纳西斯让你说的话 |
[14:02] | You think Narcisse is manipulating me? | 你认为纳西斯在操纵我 |
[14:04] | I think you’re a beautiful, ambitious, young woman | 我认为你是个年轻美丽有野心的女人 |
[14:06] | who’s learned to pull the strings of men, | 懂得如何控制男人 |
[14:08] | and yed can’t see when her own strings are being pulled. | 却看不清自己是如何被人操纵的 |
[14:11] | You’re still a naive farm girl at heart. | 在内心你还是个简单的农家女孩 |
[14:13] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不明白自己在说什么 |
[14:15] | Thanks for the stroll. | 多谢邀请我散步 |
[14:17] | He doesn’t love you any more than you love my brother. | 他爱你不比你爱我哥哥多 |
[14:20] | Meet me tomorrow, I’ll prove it to you… | 明天见 我会向你证明这点 |
[14:23] | before he breaks your heart. | 趁他还没伤了你的心 |
[14:28] | As for your demands, on further review, | 至于你的要求 经过进一步考虑 |
[14:31] | France’s position has changed. | 法国的立场改变了 |
[14:33] | I’m glad to hear that. | 我很乐意听到你这么说 |
[14:34] | You still have the option to buy back the ships, | 你依然可以选择买回那些船 |
[14:36] | but I’m afraid the cargo is now property of France. | 但那些货物恐怕是法国的财产了 |
[14:40] | You were prepared to return the cargo. | 你原本打算归还那些货物的 |
[14:41] | But you failed to disclose the contents of the cargo: | 但你没告诉我货物是什么 |
[14:44] | saltpeter. | 是硝石 |
[14:45] | A fertilizer. | 一种肥料 |
[14:46] | Oh, don’t patronize me. | 别蒙我了 |
[14:48] | We both know it is used to produce gunpowder. | 我们都知道它是用来造火药的 |
[14:50] | This is hardly a negotiation. | 这不是协商 |
[14:53] | Your hard-line stance threatens war with England. | 你强硬的态度就是在威胁与英格兰开战 |
[14:55] | Why would you risk that? | 你为什么要冒这个险 |
[14:57] | I can’t help but feel | 我不禁觉得 |
[14:58] | you’re driven by something much more personal. | 驱使你的是私人情感 |
[15:01] | Revenge. | 复仇 |
[15:03] | My queen executed your wife. | 我的女王处决了你妻子 |
[15:05] | I understand your bitterness, but don’t let your grudge | 我明白你的苦衷 但别让你的怨恨 |
[15:08] | push our countries to war. | 将我们两个国家推入战争 |
[15:11] | Elizabeth had no choice. | 伊丽莎白别无选择 |
[15:12] | She suffers from the loss of Lola as well. | 她也为萝拉的死感到痛苦 |
[15:14] | Oh, she suffers? | 她也痛苦吗 |
[15:15] | No one understands loss | 没人明白失去是什么感觉 |
[15:18] | until they’ve felt it. | 除非亲身经历 |
[15:20] | I do. | 我明白 |
[15:23] | I lost my wife and then my daughter. | 我失去了我妻子 然后是我女儿 |
[15:26] | I went through a period where I hated the whole world. | 有一段时间我怨恨整个世界 |
[15:30] | And what helped you to recover? | 是什么让你恢复的 |
[15:34] | Love. | 爱 |
[15:35] | And I don’t mean just finding someone to love. | 我不是说去找个人爱 |
[15:38] | What healed me was knowing that I was loved, | 治愈我的是 我发现 |
[15:42] | more than I ever thought possible. | 有人爱我超过我能想象的程度 |
[15:50] | Well, I’m happy for your good fortune. | 你很幸运 我为你高兴 |
[15:52] | Allow yourself to love and be loved again, | 让自己重新去爱人和被爱 |
[15:56] | or the bitterness will just destroy you. | 否则痛苦会毁掉你 |
[16:01] | That is wise advice. | 明智的建议 |
[16:04] | So I have some advice for you. | 让我也给你个建议 |
[16:06] | The Spanish are not here | 西班牙人不在这里 |
[16:08] | because France and Spain are getting on well. | 不是因为法国和西班牙友好相处 |
[16:11] | They’re there to show support for Prince Henri. | 他们是来支持亨利王子的 |
[16:15] | Imagine how that makes the king feel. | 想象一下国王对此有何感受 |
[16:17] | So I think if you were to talk with King Charles, | 所以我想如果你去找查尔斯国王谈谈 |
[16:21] | you would be surprised | 也许你会惊讶于 |
[16:22] | how receptive he might be to your demands. | 他对你的条件有多么容易接受 |
[16:30] | Lord Ruthven, my advisor, David Rizzio, | 卢斯文大人 我的顾问大卫·里齐奥 |
[16:33] | has found some discrepancies in the privy council ledger. | 在枢密院账目里发现了一些问题 |
[16:37] | You are responsible for that ledger, are you not? | 你是账目的负责人是吗 |
[16:41] | Your advisor is obviously wrong. | 显然你的顾问搞错了 |
[16:44] | He has found proof | 他已经找到证据表明 |
[16:46] | that in addition to cheating the Crown, | 除了欺骗皇室 |
[16:48] | you have also been swindling your fellow nobles. | 你还欺骗了你的贵族同僚 |
[16:50] | How do you think they will respond | 你觉得他们会作何反应 |
[16:52] | when they discover the lord treasurer is a crook, | 等他们发现财政大臣是个骗子 |
[16:55] | stealing from them? | 竟然偷了他们的东西 |
[16:57] | Perhaps you should discuss this with the king. | 这事你应该跟国王商量 |
[16:59] | I’m certain he will find that I have done nothing wrong. | 我敢肯定 他会认为我做得对 |
[17:01] | If you expect Lord Darnley to pardon you, | 如果你希望达恩利大人赦免你 |
[17:04] | it will do you no good, | 那你就太异想天开了 |
[17:06] | not if I make this public. | 我会把这事公之于众 |
[17:07] | You’ll lose your standing, | 你会失去你的地位 |
[17:09] | your reputation, your friends. | 你的名声 你的朋友 |
[17:10] | And you will remain silent | 如果我不同意封达恩利为并肩王 |
[17:12] | if I vote against giving Darnley the Crown Matrimonial? | 你会继续保持沉默吗 |
[17:15] | What has happened to Scotland? | 苏格兰这是怎么了 |
[17:17] | The queen is more French than Scottish… | 女王的风格反倒更像法国人 |
[17:20] | and takes the word of an Italian over her own treasurer. | 宁可信一个意大利人 也不信自己的财政大臣 |
[17:24] | I will keep my trust in the king. | 我会继续信任国王 |
[17:32] | Lord Ruthven, wait. | 卢斯文大人 等一下 |
[17:34] | – What is it now? – ?I beg of you. | -又怎么了 -算我求你 |
[17:37] | Under no circumstances must you allow Darnley | 无论如何 你都不能同意达恩利 |
[17:38] | – to receive the Crown Matrimonial. – ?Why? | -获封并肩王 -为什么 |
[17:41] | What new threat does the queen offer? | 女王又开出什么新条件了 |
[17:43] | It’s not a threat from the queen. | 并不是女王想要挟你 |
[17:46] | This is my threat alone. | 而是我 |
[17:51] | There are places that men frequent | 当男人小心翼翼地寻求其他男人 |
[17:53] | when they desire the discreet companionship of other men. | 陪伴自己时 他们会去特定的地方寻求 |
[17:56] | You’ve been seen at such places. | 你就去过这种地方 |
[17:59] | I’m married. | 我已经结婚了 |
[18:00] | Even so, | 即使如此 |
[18:02] | you and I have known the company of the same gentleman. | 你我都享受过同一男士的陪伴 |
[18:05] | You be very careful what you’re suggesting. | 小心你说的话 |
[18:08] | We take no pleasure in revealing your secret. | 我们并不想暴露你的秘密 |
[18:12] | It’s not an easy life, | 这种生活很辛苦 |
[18:13] | desiring what we’re told we should not. | 我们总渴望不被认可的欲望 |
[18:17] | But if you defy the queen, I will make certain | 但如果你公然反抗女王 我向你保证 |
[18:21] | that everyone knows we are the same, | 我会让所有人知道 我们是一类人 |
[18:22] | and not even the king will be able to save you then. | 到时候 国王都未必救得了你 |
[18:26] | Nor you. | 你也不能 |
[18:26] | You’ll be burned right alongside me. | 到时候 你会与我一起被毁灭 |
[18:29] | Are you prepared for that? | 你准备好了吗 |
[18:31] | For Mary… anything. | 为了玛丽 我可以做任何事 |
[18:38] | How the hell did we lose Ruthven?! | 我们怎么可能失去卢斯文的支持 |
[18:40] | He won’t even discuss the Crown Matrimonial. | 并肩王的事 他从来都没参与过 |
[18:42] | That was our last chance at a peaceful transition of power. | 在权势和平转移的阶段 这是我们最后的机会 |
[18:45] | – Time to take out Mary. ?- No. | -是时候铲除玛丽了 -不行 |
[18:48] | You asked me if I had a better idea. | 你问过我 有没有更好的办法 |
[18:50] | I do. | 我有 |
[18:51] | We can try Mary for adultery. | 我们想办法让玛丽不忠贞 |
[18:52] | Carnal lusting. | 色诱她 |
[18:54] | Even though she’s pregnant? | 在她还怀孕的时候 |
[18:55] | Mary is a woman of passion. | 玛丽是充满激情的女人 |
[18:57] | Whatever she feels, desires, she must act upon. | 不管她感受或渴望什么 她都立即付诸行动 |
[19:00] | She once took me in the hallway before our wedding. | 在我们婚礼前 她有一次把我堵在了走廊上 |
[19:03] | If her desires are not being fulfilled with me, | 如果她的欲望不能被我满足 |
[19:06] | then surely with Bothwell. | 那就一定需要博斯威尔 |
[19:10] | Women are capable of ungodly things. | 女人们擅长这种罪恶 |
[19:14] | We must catch them together, | 我们必须抓到他们两人的证据 |
[19:16] | with witnesses to make certain she’s found guilty of adultery. | 要有目击者证明 玛丽的确做了不忠的事 |
[19:20] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[19:21] | She’ll be forced to abdicate. | 她会被逼退位 |
[19:24] | But she will… live? | 但是 她会…活着吗 |
[19:27] | Yes. | 会的 |
[19:28] | She’ll be banished or imprisoned, | 她会被流放 或监禁 |
[19:30] | but she’ll live. | 但她不会被处死 |
[19:31] | And the privy council will empower me to rule. | 枢密院会协助我登上王位 |
[19:33] | I am the father of the next monarch. | 我就是下一代君王了 |
[19:36] | In a heartbeat. | 马上就是 |
[19:37] | Adultery is a just cause. | 通奸的罪名只是个开始 |
[19:39] | Once she’s judged as immoral and unfit, the Vatican itself | 一旦她被指控不道德 罗马教廷会主动 |
[19:43] | will push her off the throne, leaving you. | 将她赶下王位 离开你 |
[19:46] | And what about Bothwell? | 那博斯威尔怎么办 |
[19:51] | Well, that’s up to the king. | 这个嘛 就交由国王处决了 |
[19:53] | Well, in that case… | 这么说的话… |
[19:55] | I will have his head. | 我会砍了他的头 |
[20:05] | I wasn’t expecting the archduke back so soon. | 真没想到 大公爵这么快就回来了 |
[20:07] | What do you think he wants? | 你觉得他想干什么 |
[20:09] | Was he not away to draw up papers for your engagement? | 他不是去为你们的婚约起草文书了吗 |
[20:12] | Perhaps he now wishes your permission | 也许他正准备请求你 |
[20:13] | to make a formal announcement. | 公开宣告婚约呢 |
[20:15] | Do you think? | 你这么想 |
[20:16] | Now that the world knows Queen Mary is pregnant, | 现在全世界都知道女王玛丽怀孕了 |
[20:18] | I need this alliance more than ever. | 我此刻无比需要这个同盟 |
[20:21] | But still, I can’t help but feel I’m cheating on Gideon. | 但是 我还是觉得我这是背叛了吉迪恩 |
[20:24] | Lord Blackburn loves you as much as any man has loved a woman. | 布莱克本大人对你的爱 和其他男子的爱一样 |
[20:27] | He understands the situation. | 他能理解这种处境 |
[20:32] | Smile. | 笑一笑 |
[20:39] | My lord, | 我的天 |
[20:41] | you have certainly… | 你还真是… |
[20:46] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[20:48] | “Your lips… hungry… | “你的嘴唇…让我渴望… |
[20:50] | “Devour me. They steal my breath. | 欲望吞没了我 让我难以呼吸 |
[20:53] | “Your body is mine. | 你的身体属于我 |
[20:54] | Our hearts beat in joined ecstasy.” | 我们疯狂的心跳在同一频率” |
[20:57] | I apologize for reading your private papers. | 抱歉 我读了你的私人信件 |
[20:59] | I was moving them to make room for the flowers. | 我准备把它们搬开 给花腾地方 |
[21:02] | Are you involved with another man? | 你是跟别的男人还有关系吗 |
[21:05] | You weren’t supposed to see those | 在我们的新婚之夜前 |
[21:08] | before our wedding night. | 你不该看到这些 |
[21:10] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[21:11] | Ever since we met, | 自从我们见面 |
[21:13] | I can’t stop thinking about you. | 我没有一刻不在想你 |
[21:16] | Your… | 你的… |
[21:17] | powerful gaze, your confident stride. | 坚定的眼神 你的昂首阔步 |
[21:20] | You’ve driven me mad with desire. | 你让我陷入了对你的疯狂渴望 |
[21:23] | Which is inappropriate for a queen. | 作为女王不应该这样 |
[21:26] | Especially a virgin queen. | 尤其是一位处子女王 |
[21:30] | I’ve been inspired, | 我偷偷读过一些东西 |
[21:32] | by the things that I’ve read in secret, | 所以得到了启发 |
[21:35] | to write down my deepest longings, | 我写下内心最深的向往 |
[21:39] | so that I might share them with you | 以便在我们婚后 |
[21:42] | after we were married. | 我可以跟你分享 |
[21:45] | The queen of England reads erotica? | 英格兰的女王还读情色文学 |
[21:50] | My queen, | 我的女王 |
[21:51] | if I had only known your feelings toward me, | 如果我知道你对我的感觉 |
[21:54] | I could have spared us so much grief. | 我便不必承受那么多痛苦 |
[21:56] | Because I feel the same way. | 因为我对你也是同样的情感 |
[21:58] | Forgive my boldness, but is there any reason | 请原谅我的冒昧 但我们没有理由 |
[22:01] | we should deny ourselves any longer | 否认这种渴望 |
[22:02] | of something we both so clearly want? | 这种我们内心无比明确的渴望 |
[22:05] | I’ve returned from Austria with my family’s blessing. | 我带着家族的祝福 从奥地利回到了这里 |
[22:08] | They’ve agreed to your demands. | 他们答应了你的要求 |
[22:11] | We shall soon be husband and wife. | 我们很快就结为夫妻了 |
[22:13] | I can think of no reason at all. | 我想不出任何理由来拒绝了 |
[22:17] | I will give flesh to your words. | 我将用身体回馈你写下的文字 |
[22:20] | And I’ll be gentle. | 我会很温柔的 |
[22:27] | That’s remarkable. | 太令人赞叹了 |
[22:28] | Subtle use of form without sacrificing attention to detail. | 构图如此精妙 细节也无懈可击 |
[22:33] | Is it a, uh–? | 这是… |
[22:34] | It’s a Da Vinci. ? | 达芬奇的作品 |
[22:36] | My grandfather Francis purchased it. | 我祖父弗朗西斯买来的 |
[22:39] | But you didn’t come here | 但你来这里 |
[22:40] | to discuss my art collection, did you? | 不是为了和我讨论我的艺术收藏吧 |
[22:42] | No, Your Majesty. | 不 陛下 |
[22:44] | I came with the hope of resolving | 我来这里是希望 |
[22:45] | the situation in Granville. | 能够解决格兰维尔事件 |
[22:47] | I understood Lord Narcisse | 我听说纳西斯大人 |
[22:48] | was handling those negotiations. | 在负责沟通协商 |
[22:50] | I’ve learned something that is-is too sensitive | 我听说了一件事 |
[22:52] | for anyone except for the king himself. | 只有国王被蒙在鼓里 |
[22:56] | Spain is trying to influence the outcome. | 西班牙想要插手法国 |
[22:59] | My investigation into the disputed ships and their cargo | 我调查了引发争议的船只和货物 |
[23:02] | has revealed that your brother, Henri, | 发现你的弟弟 亨利 |
[23:04] | intends to send them to Spain, | 计划将他们送往西班牙 |
[23:06] | at Spain’s behest. | 遵西班牙之命 |
[23:08] | Tread lightly, Lord Blackburn. | 小心说话 布莱克本大人 |
[23:11] | You are suggesting that my brother | 你是在说我的弟弟 |
[23:12] | goes behind my back and works against me | 在我的背后针对我 |
[23:15] | to do Spain’s bidding. | 和西班牙勾结 |
[23:16] | Forgive me if I am overstepping. | 如果越界了我道歉 |
[23:18] | As a diplomat, it appears to me | 作为外交官 我认为 |
[23:20] | that Spain would like to see our countries at war. | 西班牙对英法两国开战喜闻乐见 |
[23:23] | They would use it as an invitation to help France, | 他们会趁机入侵法国 |
[23:25] | stepping in and elevating your brother’s power. | 插手内务并抬高你弟弟的权力 |
[23:30] | And if I were to return the ships and cargo to England? | 如果我归还英格兰船只和货物呢 |
[23:33] | Then there’s no cause for war between our countries. | 那我们两国就不会开战 |
[23:35] | And you would have shown Spain– | 你也可以向西班牙 |
[23:37] | and your brother– | 以及你的弟弟表明 |
[23:40] | who truly wields the power in France. | 在法国 谁才是大权在握 |
[23:47] | Bothwell? | 博斯威尔 |
[23:48] | You are in grave danger. | 你现在很危险 |
[23:49] | I just received word from one of my spies | 我的间谍给我消息 |
[23:50] | that your privy council is planning to overthrow you, | 枢密院准备推翻你的统治 |
[23:52] | and your worthless traitor | 而你没用的叛徒丈夫 |
[23:53] | of a husband is helping them. | 正在帮助他们 |
[23:54] | Darnley means to remove you from power. | 达恩利准备夺权 |
[23:56] | I’ve asked Rizzio to keep watch, | 我让里齐奥继续注意 |
[23:57] | but everyone at this court | 但宫廷里的每个人 |
[23:58] | is a potential conspirator. | 都有可能是同谋 |
[23:59] | The act of a desperate man. | 一个绝望的人的反击 |
[24:01] | I have stopped all of Darnley’s attempts | 我阻止了所有达恩利 |
[24:03] | at gaining the Crown Matrimonial. | 成为并肩王的可能性 |
[24:05] | Knox and the privy council must have promised him my throne. | 诺克斯和枢密院肯定向他保证会捧他上位 |
[24:07] | Which means they’re not above taking it by force. | 也就是说他们就算诉诸武力也有可能 |
[24:09] | We must leave court and get to safety, now. | 我们必须马上离开宫廷去安全的地方 |
[24:11] | No. | 不 |
[24:12] | I must show strength. | 我必须标明我的力量 |
[24:13] | We can’t risk you coming to harm– | 我们不能拿你的安危冒险… |
[24:14] | I am the rightful monarch of Scotland. | 我才是苏格兰和合法君主 |
[24:18] | You go. | 你去 |
[24:19] | Collect those loyal to me | 替我聚集忠臣 |
[24:20] | and regroup somewhere defensible. | 在可防御的地方集结 |
[24:22] | I could go to Dunbar. | 我可以去邓巴 |
[24:24] | I have friends there, | 我在那里有朋友 |
[24:25] | unwavering royalists. | 都是保皇派 |
[24:27] | Your Majesty, Bothwell… | 陛下 博斯威尔 |
[24:28] | Darnley and Lord Ruthven are headed this way. | 达恩利和卢斯文大人正朝着这里过来 |
[24:30] | Are you certain it was him? | 确定是他吗 |
[24:31] | It was Lord Bothwell, I swear. | 是博斯威尔大人 我确定 |
[24:33] | He entered the queen’s chambers? | 他进了女王的寝宫吗 |
[24:34] | I saw it with my own eyes. | 我亲眼所见 |
[24:36] | You have to leave now. I’ll send word when I can. | 你现在得走了 我会传消息给你的 |
[24:38] | Muster our forces and prepare to storm the castle. | 让我们的军队准备好攻击城堡 |
[24:41] | I’ll wait in Dunbar. | 我会在邓巴等 |
[24:44] | David, what are you doing? You need to go, too. | 大卫 你在做什么 你也该走了 |
[24:46] | No. Whatever they try, I’ll be your witness. | 不 无论他们想怎样 我都是你的目击证人 |
[24:49] | There’s no more time. Go. | 没时间了 快走 |
[24:51] | Whatever happens, I’ll always be on your side. | 无论发生什么 我永远在你这边 |
[24:57] | You’re the queen. They can’t change that. | 你是女王 这点他们无法改变 |
[25:01] | Remember, we need Bothwell for this to work. | 记住 我们需要博斯威尔在 |
[25:03] | Do not let him escape. | 别让他跑了 |
[25:06] | Where is Bothwell? Huh? Show yourself, coward! | 博斯威尔在哪 出来吧 懦夫 |
[25:10] | Is that your plan? | 这就是你的计划吗 |
[25:11] | To accuse me of adultery with Bothwell? | 想指控我和博斯威尔偷情 |
[25:16] | Did you warn him? | 是你警告了他吗 |
[25:17] | Let him slither out of here like the snake that he is? | 让他像条蛇一样溜走了 |
[25:19] | The queen and I have been alone here for the past hour. | 女王和我已经在这里待了好几个小时了 |
[25:22] | I have no idea where Bothwell is. | 我不知道博斯威尔在哪 |
[25:24] | Like I told you, I have remained | 我说了 我一直 |
[25:26] | faithful to our vows. I am innocent. | 坚守我们的婚誓 我是清白的 |
[25:28] | No, you’re not, and we’re here to bring you to justice. | 不 你不是 我们来带你去进行审判 |
[25:32] | How dare you barge in here | 你怎敢用空头指控 |
[25:34] | with an empty claim. | 在这里耀武扬威 |
[25:36] | If you stand down now, | 你们现在退出 |
[25:37] | I am willing to pardon all of you for this treason, | 我还能原谅你们的叛国罪 |
[25:42] | the punishment for which is death. | 叛国罪只有死路一条 |
[25:49] | Do you want her off the throne or not? | 你到底想不想把她赶下王位 |
[25:52] | Are you blind? | 你瞎了吗 |
[25:53] | Without Bothwell, we have no proof. | 没有博斯威尔 我们就没有证据 |
[25:55] | We have found the queen alone | 我们已经发现女王 |
[25:56] | in her chambers with a man. | 和一个男人共处一室了 |
[25:58] | The Italian will serve our purpose. | 这个意大利人就是通奸证据 |
[26:00] | No one will believe you, and you know why. | 没人会相信你 你知道原因 |
[26:03] | What’s he talking about? Lies, no doubt. What’s it matter? | -他什么意思 -都是谎言 不必挂心 |
[26:06] | This is our opportunity to rid ourselves | 这是我们除去这个 |
[26:08] | of this French imposter, | 法国骗子的好机会 |
[26:09] | this whore of a queen, like we’ve wanted. | 除去这个自称女王的荡妇 |
[26:12] | There can be no backing down. | 没有退路了 |
[26:15] | We kill the Italian, | 我们杀了意大利人 |
[26:17] | but we do this together. No one person to blame. | 但我们要一起动手 不能怪罪一个人 |
[26:20] | You can’t let them murder an innocent man! | 你不能让他们杀一个无辜的人 |
[26:21] | Ruthven, this was never the plan. | 卢斯文 计划不是这样的 |
[26:23] | This is not the time for fear or weakness. | 这不是害怕或者退缩的时候 |
[26:25] | Tonight we make history. | 今晚我们会改写历史 |
[26:26] | Tonight we take back Scotland | 今晚我们就会将苏格兰 |
[26:28] | from the woman who stole the throne. | 从这个骗子女人手中夺回来 |
[26:30] | This is my final warning. Stand down. | 这是我最后的警告 都出去 |
[26:33] | Stand up, I say, to her tyranny. | 勇敢反对她的暴政 |
[26:35] | We’ve come too far now to back down. | 我们已经别无退路了 |
[26:37] | We must act as one for Scotland. | 我们必须为了苏格兰团结一心 |
[26:39] | Please. | 不 |
[26:41] | No! David! | 不 大卫 |
[26:46] | No. No. No. | 不不不 |
[26:48] | Are we in this together or aren’t we? | 我们要不要团结一致 |
[26:50] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[26:51] | You can’t just let them murder him! | 你不能让他们杀了他 |
[26:53] | – For Scotland! ?- No! | -为了苏格兰 -不 |
[26:58] | – No! – For Scotland! | -不 -为了苏格兰 |
[27:00] | No! | 不 |
[27:01] | No! | 不 |
[27:03] | David! No! | 大卫 不 |
[27:07] | No! | 不 |
[27:08] | No! No! David! | 不 不 大卫 |
[27:14] | No! | 不 |
[27:18] | Let me go. | 放开我 |
[27:19] | No. | 不 |
[27:21] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[27:24] | Let me go! | 放开我 |
[27:26] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[27:38] | What have you done? | 你干了什么 |
[27:48] | Is this really necessary? | 真的有必要这样吗 |
[27:51] | I don’t need to see Narcisse’s reaction to my gift | 我不用非得亲眼看到纳西斯对礼物的反应 |
[27:53] | to prove that he loves me. | 来证明他爱我 |
[27:55] | Then you have nothing to worry about. | 那你也没什么好担心的 |
[27:57] | They’re coming. | 他们来了 |
[28:00] | Get behind the screen. | 去屏风后面 |
[28:04] | I haven’t yet heard back from Gideon, | 吉迪恩还没有回话 |
[28:05] | but I’m certain that I have sent him on a course | 但我们确定他尽在我掌控中 |
[28:08] | that will deliver us | 会一步一步 |
[28:09] | each what we desire. | 给我们想要的答案 |
[28:18] | “So that I may stay close to your beating heart, always. Nicole.” | “这样我就能一直贴近你跳动的心 妮可” |
[28:22] | Isn’t that adorable? | 真可爱 |
[28:24] | Oh, joy, she’s found a new way to suffocate me. | 老天 她又找到让我窒息的新方式了 |
[28:28] | Now I’m expected to carry this vile, little locket. | 现在我得戴着这个廉价的小吊坠了 |
[28:31] | She’s so tedious, | 她太无聊了 |
[28:32] | feigning affection while feeling nothing. | 我一点感觉都没有还得装模作样 |
[28:35] | If it weren’t for the effect she has over Charles, | 要不是她对查尔斯有影响力 |
[28:37] | this would be more work than it is worth. | 我也不用这样 |
[28:39] | I find that hard to believe. | 我可不相信 |
[28:40] | – Hmm? – ?This comes easily to you. | -什么 -这对你来说很容易 |
[28:43] | I’ve seen it. | 我见识过了 |
[28:45] | No, experienced it myself. | 不 已经亲身试验过了 |
[28:48] | Yes, but at least, | 是啊 但至少 |
[28:49] | in your case, we were equally matched. | 你我是相配的 |
[28:54] | Look at us. | 看看我们 |
[28:55] | After all we’ve been through, | 在我们经历了这一切之后 |
[28:57] | all we’ve lost, | 失去这么多之后 |
[28:58] | the two of us, we’re still here. | 我们两个还在这里 |
[29:00] | Keeping the kingdom from falling apart. | 努力保护国家完整 |
[29:04] | Oh, together, | 我们联手 |
[29:06] | we really are a force to be reckoned with. | 的确是一股不可忽视的力量 |
[29:10] | When I told you to get over the loss of Lola, | 我告诉你要走出失去萝拉的伤痛 |
[29:13] | I didn’t mean for you to sleep with every woman in the castle, | 但我不是要你睡遍城堡所有女人 |
[29:16] | which is what I hear you’ve been doing. | 而我听说你就是这样做的 |
[29:19] | And does that… bother you? | 这样你觉得很困扰吗 |
[29:23] | I was controlling. | 我曾经很强势 |
[29:24] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[29:25] | Not cloying. | 但不让人厌烦 |
[29:28] | – And never once dull. – ?Never. | -也永远不会无聊 -不可能 |
[29:31] | So, no, this time, it doesn’t bother me. | 不 这次我不在乎 |
[29:36] | This time? | 这次 |
[29:38] | I do like the sound of that. | 听起来不错 |
[29:59] | For Scotland! | 为了苏格兰 |
[30:00] | No! No! David! | 不 不 大卫 |
[30:14] | I think there’s something wrong with the baby. | 我觉得孩子不对劲 |
[30:16] | I need my husband. | 叫我丈夫来 |
[30:17] | I am under strict orders not to leave you unguarded. | 我被严令不得留你独自一人 |
[30:20] | This is your king’s child. | 这是你国王的孩子 |
[30:22] | Go! | 快去 |
[30:30] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[30:31] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[30:34] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[30:35] | Is the baby…? | 孩子… |
[30:39] | I’ll summon for a physician right away. | 我们马上喊医师来 |
[30:40] | No, the baby is fine. | 不 孩子没事 |
[30:41] | I needed to talk to you in private. | 我必须私下和你谈谈 |
[30:43] | Knox is using you. | 诺克斯在利用你 |
[30:44] | Mary, it’s over. | 玛丽 都结束了 |
[30:45] | The coup was a success! | 政变成功了 |
[30:46] | You have to accept your fate. | 你必须接受你的命运 |
[30:47] | And what about your fate? | 那你的命运呢 |
[30:49] | Who is in power now, hmm? | 现在权力在谁手中 |
[30:50] | – You or the privy council? – It’s only temporary. | -是你还是枢密院 -这只是暂时的 |
[30:53] | It all happened so fast, they said it would take time, but… | 一切发生得太快 他们说这需要时间 但… |
[30:54] | What did Knox promise you? | 诺克斯许诺了你什么 |
[30:56] | That while I rotted in jail for an affair | 是当我因为莫须有的风流韵事 |
[30:57] | that never happened, that they would make you king? | 在监狱里腐烂的时候 他们会拥你为王吗 |
[30:59] | You, an Englishman, a Catholic? | 你 一个英格兰人 一个天主教徒 |
[31:02] | I’ll convert, and then I’ll take the English throne, too. | 我会改变宗教信仰 我也会拿到英格兰王位 |
[31:05] | Don’t be a fool. | 别傻了 |
[31:07] | We are married because I couldn’t take England without you. | 我因为想要拿下英格兰而和你结婚 |
[31:10] | What makes you think that you can take England without me? | 你觉得没有我 你能拿下英格兰吗 |
[31:13] | Knox may despise me, | 诺克斯可以轻视我 |
[31:15] | but he hates the idea of a monarchy even more. | 但他同样也痛恨我是一个君主 |
[31:18] | You will never be safe. | 你永远不会安全的 |
[31:20] | – Well, I-I… ?- They killed Rizzio. | -我… -他们杀了里齐奥 |
[31:23] | They will turn on you, as easily as they turned on me, | 他们会背叛你 就像背叛我一样 |
[31:26] | as easily as they turned to murder. | 就像他们杀人一样容易 |
[31:29] | I never intended for Rizzio to die. | 我没想过要杀里齐奥 |
[31:31] | All I wanted was to catch you with Bothwell. | 我只想抓住你和博斯威尔在一起的证据 |
[31:34] | There was nothing to catch. I have been faithful to you. | 没有所谓证据 我对你是忠诚的 |
[31:38] | Darnley. | 达恩利 |
[31:40] | They will kill you. | 他们会杀了你 |
[31:45] | What am I to do? | 我能怎么办 |
[31:47] | Help me escape the castle. | 帮我逃出城堡 |
[31:48] | – No. – ?Help me, | -不 -帮我 |
[31:49] | and we will get back all that is ours, | 我们就能拿回属于我们的一切 |
[31:51] | as king and queen together. | 作为国王和王后并肩站在一起 |
[31:55] | Or stay… | 或者你选择留下 |
[31:56] | and be cast off by those who have used you. | 让那些利用你的人将你抛弃 |
[32:03] | How could I have been so naive? | 我怎能那么天真 |
[32:05] | All this time, I gave myself to him. | 把自己全都给了他 |
[32:07] | How can I erase those sounds, seared into my brain? | 那些烙进我脑袋的声音我该怎么去除 |
[32:09] | – You didn’t know they were lovers? – ?Lord, no. | -你不知道他们是情人吗 -老天 不知道 |
[32:11] | I knew Narcisse didn’t care about you, | 我知道纳西斯不把你放心上 |
[32:12] | but had no idea about them. | 但不知道他们的关系 |
[32:17] | There, there, Nicole. | 好了 妮可 |
[32:18] | I truly am sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:19] | I just felt that you deserved the truth. | 我只是觉得你应该知道真相 |
[32:21] | You deserve someone that cares for you, | 你值得更好的人 |
[32:23] | and I don’t mean a weak, boy king. | 我指的不是一个软弱幼稚的国王 |
[32:26] | I mean me. | 而是我 |
[32:28] | You don’t care about me. | 你不在乎我 |
[32:29] | – I do. – ?No. | -我在乎 -不 |
[32:30] | My God, look at you. How could I not? | 老天 看看你 我怎会不在乎你 |
[32:32] | Narcisse is a fool, an utter fool, | 纳西斯是个傻瓜 太傻了 |
[32:35] | and someday, when you’re with the right man, | 当某天你和对的人在一起之后 |
[32:37] | someone he knows he’s truly lost you to, | 当他知道他真的失去你之后 |
[32:39] | he will realize that. | 他就会明白这一点 |
[32:54] | I have a trusted servant | 我有个忠诚的仆人 |
[32:55] | waiting south of the castle with horses. | 带着马在城堡南边等着 |
[32:59] | If we’re going to escape, | 如果我们要逃走 |
[33:00] | we have to do it now. | 就得趁现在 |
[33:01] | I can walk on my own. | 我可以自己走 |
[33:17] | There’s a path that will lead us outside. | 有一条路通向外面 |
[33:20] | So, this is how you pulled off that disappearing act. | 这就是你消失的伎俩吧 |
[34:09] | Are you all right? Maybe you should rest. | 你还好吗 你得休息一下 |
[34:11] | We’ve been riding for hours, | 我们已经骑了很久了 |
[34:13] | and in your condition… | 你这样的状态… |
[34:15] | Dunbar is close. Bothwell will be waiting. | 邓巴快到了 博斯威尔会在那里等着 |
[34:18] | Without us, the conspirators have no leverage. | 没有我们 叛国者就没有了筹码 |
[34:20] | We must strike now, while they are weak. | 我们必须趁虚而入 |
[34:27] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[34:30] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[34:31] | Rizzio didn’t deserve to die like that. | 里齐奥不该那么死 |
[34:34] | No, he didn’t. | 是 不该 |
[34:36] | You will get justice for him, | 你会为他报仇 |
[34:38] | but if I come with you, I know that Bothwell will say | 但如果我跟你走 我知道博斯威尔会说 |
[34:40] | that that justice means my death. | 复仇意味着我的死亡 |
[34:42] | but all I’ve ever wanted was to be treated with respect. | 但我要的就只有别人的尊重 |
[34:46] | I don’t want to die. | 我不想死 |
[34:53] | Darnley, don’t leave. Come with me. | 达恩利 不要走 跟我来 |
[34:55] | It’s my only chance at survival. | 这是我生存的唯一机会 |
[34:57] | Where will you go? | 你去哪里 |
[34:58] | Somewhere where I won’t be found. | 一个别人不会找到的地方 |
[34:59] | – Darnley, no. – Take care, you and the baby. | -达恩利 不要 -保重 你和孩子都是 |
[35:17] | I can’t stop staring at you. | 我忍不住盯着你看 |
[35:19] | I am smitten. | 你让我神魂颠倒 |
[35:21] | And I thought after last night, our intimacy, | 昨晚我们亲密之后 |
[35:24] | it’s time to make things official. | 我觉得我们该正式确定 |
[35:35] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[35:37] | However, there is one thing we must discuss | 但是 进一步之前 我们还有一件事 |
[35:40] | before moving forward. | 必须谈好 |
[35:43] | I want our relationship to be built on trust and honesty. | 我想让我们的关系建立在信任和诚实之上 |
[35:47] | Of course. As do I. | 当然 我也是这么想的 |
[35:51] | I know that those words you wrote were not meant for me. | 我知道你写的那些话不是给我的 |
[35:55] | I’m guessing they were written for Gideon Blackburn. | 我猜你是写给吉迪恩·布莱克本的 |
[35:58] | I’ve observed you together. | 你们在一起时我观察了 |
[35:59] | You are… different when he is near. | 他在你身边时你…不一样 |
[36:04] | Lighter. | 更开心 |
[36:04] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[36:06] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[36:07] | If you are so sure of my feelings for him, | 如果你确定我对他的感情 |
[36:09] | then you tricked me into sleeping with you. | 那你就是骗我跟你睡了 |
[36:11] | Because I had to show you what we could be together. | 因为我必须让你知道我们在一起的样子 |
[36:14] | What am I? | 我算什么 |
[36:15] | A fool. | 一个傻瓜 |
[36:16] | No, you’re not. | 你不是傻瓜 |
[36:18] | You’re brilliant, and you’re gorgeous, | 你机智 而且美艳 |
[36:21] | and you’re willing to marry me for your country. | 你愿意为自己的国家嫁给我 |
[36:24] | But that’s not enough for me. | 但这对我不够 |
[36:27] | Because your attention has been elsewhere, | 因为你的注意力在别处 |
[36:31] | and oddly because you need this marriage, | 尽管你需要这场婚姻 |
[36:33] | you weren’t giving me a chance. | 但你根本不给我机会 |
[36:35] | To show me who you are. | 给你机会展示真正的自己 |
[36:37] | I think I know now. | 我觉得现在我知道了 |
[36:40] | I’m the man who held you in his arms for hours, | 是我拥着你在怀里好几个小时 |
[36:43] | but I did not force you, | 但我没强迫你 |
[36:45] | and I don’t believe you forced your response to me last night. | 我也不相信昨晚你是强迫自己那样的 |
[36:49] | Did you? Be honest with me. | 是吗 你跟我说实话 |
[36:53] | It’s all right to enjoy sex, Elizabeth, | 享受性爱很正常 伊丽莎白 |
[36:56] | especially with one’s husband, | 尤其是跟自己的丈夫 |
[36:58] | which is what I still want to be. | 而我仍然想成为你的丈夫 |
[37:00] | Even knowing I have feelings for another? | 即使你知道我对别人有感觉 |
[37:04] | I believe you could have feelings for me, | 我相信你会对我也有感觉 |
[37:06] | stronger feelings. | 强烈的感觉 |
[37:08] | But the truth is we both need this marriage to work. | 但事实是 我们都需要这段婚姻 |
[37:11] | Me, to shore up my country’s finances. | 我需要维持我国的财政 |
[37:13] | And you, to gain Catholic support | 你需要获得天主教支持 |
[37:15] | to counter Mary’s aggression. | 抵抗玛丽的虎视眈眈 |
[37:16] | If we wed, you need never fear her again, | 如果我们结婚 你就再也不用怕她了 |
[37:19] | and together, we would be unstoppable. | 我们一起一定会所向无敌 |
[37:23] | But you must stop whatever is happening | 但你必须停止你和 |
[37:26] | between you and Gideon Blackburn. | 吉迪恩·布莱克本之间的事 |
[37:32] | I will. | 我会的 |
[37:33] | And you must remove him from court. | 你必须让他离开宫廷 |
[37:35] | I don’t want to see him here again. | 我不想再在这里见到他 |
[37:38] | Those are my terms. | 这些是我的条件 |
[37:39] | They are not negotiable. | 没有商量的余地 |
[37:45] | All right. | 好 |
[37:49] | I will send him away. | 我会送他走 |
[38:00] | My congratulations, Lord Blackburn, | 恭喜 布莱克本大人 |
[38:02] | on your brilliant diplomacy. | 你的外交能力太强了 |
[38:04] | You have achieved everything you set out to do. | 你的所有目的都达到了 |
[38:06] | Your queen has returned her ships and valuable cargo, | 你的女王已经拿回船和价值不菲的货物了 |
[38:10] | and the English residents of Granville | 英格兰格兰维尔的居民 |
[38:12] | no longer need fear reprisals. | 也不用再怕报复了 |
[38:14] | Thanks to you, Lord Narcisse, it’s… | 多亏了你 纳西斯大人 一切… |
[38:17] | it’s all worked out well. | 一切才顺利进行 |
[38:21] | I have to ask. | 我不得不问一句 |
[38:23] | Why did you guide me? | 你为什么指引我 |
[38:25] | I thought it might be nice if we both claim a victory. | 我觉得还是我们双赢为好 |
[38:28] | You, for your queen. | 你为你的女王 |
[38:29] | Me, to ensure that France remains independent from Spain. | 我确保法国独立于西班牙 |
[38:34] | You’re an exemplary statesman. | 你是个杰出的政治家 |
[38:36] | ?Setting aside your personal feelings | 为了自己的国家 |
[38:38] | for the good of your country. | 搁置个人感情 |
[38:40] | Lola would be proud of you. | 萝拉会为你骄傲 |
[38:42] | Well, it’s time to bury the past, move on. | 是时候让过去的事过去 积极向前了 |
[38:49] | I wish you a safe journey back to your queen, Gideon. | 祝你一路顺风 平安回到你女王那里 吉迪恩 |
[38:53] | I hope she shows great appreciation | 希望她对你在此取得的成就 |
[38:54] | for what you achieved here. | 刮目相看 |
[39:07] | You sent for me, brother? | 你找我吗 兄弟 |
[39:08] | On this throne, I’m your king. | 我坐在王座上时是你的国王 |
[39:11] | You’d do well to remember that. | 你记得很清楚 很好 |
[39:13] | I stand chastened, Your Majesty. | 请恕罪 国王陛下 |
[39:15] | But why? ? | 但为什么 |
[39:17] | Be grateful you’re still standing at all. | 你还能站在这里 你就感恩戴德吧 |
[39:24] | I know what you’ve been up to. | 我知道你想干什么 |
[39:28] | I unraveled your little plot | 我揭穿了你的小阴谋 |
[39:30] | pitting England and France against each other | 你想让英格兰和法国挥戈相向 |
[39:32] | strengthening your friends in Spain. | 让西班牙渔翁得利 |
[39:34] | I’m not sure– | 我不知道… |
[39:35] | Don’t try to deny it! | 别否认了 |
[39:38] | You’d plunge France into war to sate your lust for my crown, | 你为了得到我的王位 妄图让法国陷入战争 |
[39:41] | but you have failed. | 但你失败了 |
[39:43] | You will never have | 你永远不会 |
[39:45] | what belongs to me– is that clear? | 得到我的东西 清楚了吗 |
[39:51] | As crystal… | 非常清楚 |
[39:54] | Your Majesty. | 国王陛下 |
[40:05] | With your forces, we should have enough men to retaliate. | 有你的军队 我们应该有足够的人反击了 |
[40:08] | We’ll continue to recruit troops overnight. | 我们今晚继续招募军队 |
[40:11] | If we don’t hear from Queen Mary by the morning, we’ll attack. | 如果早上还没有玛丽女王的消息 我们就进攻 |
[40:13] | Lord Bothwell. | 博斯威尔大人 |
[40:15] | – Your Majesty. – ?Your Majesty. | -陛下 -陛下 |
[40:19] | You’re here. What happened? | 你来了 发生什么事了 |
[40:20] | I convinced Darnley to help me escape. | 我说服了达恩利帮我逃脱 |
[40:22] | He feared for his life– rightly so– | 他担心自己的生命安全 |
[40:24] | and went his own way. | 所以自己逃命去了 |
[40:25] | The castle is still in the hands of the conspirators. | 城堡仍然在反叛者的手里 |
[40:27] | What of Rizzio? | 里齐奥呢 |
[40:32] | They wanted to accuse me of adultery, | 他们想指控我通奸 |
[40:33] | and when they didn’t find you… | 他们没找到你 |
[40:37] | they butchered David. | 所以杀害了大卫 |
[40:41] | He was a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[40:47] | Your loyalty to the Crown in this time will not be forgotten. | 我会谨记你们此时对女王的忠诚 |
[40:51] | Your sovereign queen has been betrayed, | 你们的女王被人 |
[40:54] | in an unforgivable way. | 无法饶恕地背叛了 |
[40:57] | But the conspirators will not live long enough | 但是反叛者没有多少时间 |
[41:00] | to gloat about their treachery. | 对自己的叛国洋洋得意了 |
[41:04] | At dawn, we will take back the castle, | 黎明时分 我们就夺回城堡 |
[41:08] | and the traitors will pay for what they have done | 叛徒将为自己的所作所为 |
[41:11] | with their lives! | 付出生命代价 |