| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | Daddy. | 爸爸 | 
| [00:02] | When I was a child, | 我还小的时候 | 
| [00:03] | my father was framed for a crime he didn’t commit. | 我父亲被人栽赃陷害 | 
| [00:06] | – Daddy. – Amanda. | -爸爸 -阿曼达 | 
| [00:07] | Amanda Clarke no longer exists. | 阿曼达·克拉克不存在了 | 
| [00:09] | Before he died, | 他去世前 | 
| [00:10] | he left a roadmap for revenge | 为复仇留下了线索 | 
| [00:12] | that led me to the people who destroyed our lives. | 让我知道了这些摧毁我们生活的罪魁祸首 | 
| [00:14] | I’d like to introduce you to Amanda Clarke. | 很荣幸向你们介绍阿曼达·克拉克 | 
| [00:16] | What brings you to town? | 你怎么回到镇上来了 | 
| [00:18] | I just came for a visit, | 我只是来转转 | 
| [00:19] | but I’m thinking of making it more permanent. | 但我打算多呆一段时间 | 
| [00:21] | Jack’s a real keeper. | 杰克是个好伴侣 | 
| [00:22] | You should try to hold on to that one. | 你得抓紧他 | 
| [00:24] | That’s the plan. | 早有此意 | 
| [00:25] | You’ve had a target on my head since the day we met. | 从我们认识那天 你就盯上我了 | 
| [00:32] | For the average person leading an ordinary life, | 对于平民百姓而言 | 
| [00:35] | fame holds an hypnotic attraction. | 名望有致命的吸引力 | 
| [00:41] | Many would sooner perish than exist in anonymity. | 很多人宁可飞蛾扑火 也不愿碌碌无名 | 
| [00:45] | But for the unlucky few | 但对于少数不幸者而言 | 
| [00:46] | who’ve had notoriety forced upon them, | 被强加于身的狼藉声名 | 
| [00:49] | infamy can be a sentence | 是比任何刑期 | 
| [00:51] | more damning than any prison term. | 都难逃的罪责 | 
| [00:59] | Good book? | 书好看吗 | 
| [01:00] | Riveting. | 引人入胜 | 
| [01:04] | Another late night at the empire? | 又在公司加班了 | 
| [01:06] | I share a last name with the C.E.O. | 这可是我父亲的公司 | 
| [01:08] | You’d think I’d have less to prove, not more. | 我得付出更多的努力来证明自己 | 
| [01:10] | I’m sure your dad’s happy to see you taking it so seriously. | 你父亲看到你认真工作 肯定很欣慰 | 
| [01:13] | Well, he’d better be. | 希望如此 | 
| [01:14] | I’ve decided to put business school on hold | 我决定将学业延期 | 
| [01:15] | and stay with the company. | 留在公司工作 | 
| [01:17] | – Wow. That’s big news. – Yeah. | -这可是个重大新闻 -没错 | 
| [01:19] | Good news? | 有什么好消息吗 | 
| [01:22] | I’m sorry. It’s my mother. | 抱歉 是我的妈妈 | 
| [01:25] | I mean, she’s… | 我是说 她… | 
| [01:26] | been pretty rattled about what happened with Tyler. | 泰勒的事让她惊魂未定 | 
| [01:29] | And she’s all alone up at the house | 整个夏天 她都独居空阁 | 
| [01:31] | and was hoping maybe I’d move back in for the summer. | 盼望我能搬回家住 | 
| [01:35] | Well, it’s… | 这… | 
| [01:37] | not like we wouldn’t still see each other. | 也不意味我们就无法见面了 | 
| [01:39] | You think I should do it? | 你觉得我应该搬回去 | 
| [01:41] | I… | 我… | 
| [01:43] | think she’s your mother. | 我觉得她是你的母亲 | 
| [01:50] | When the season’s over, I was thinking, | 我在考虑 夏日将尽之时 | 
| [01:53] | maybe you and I could get a place in the city. | 或许我俩能在城里找个地方住 | 
| [01:55] | I mean, we’ve already been kind of living together. | 我们已经差不多算同居了 | 
| [02:00] | Which has been wonderful. | 这段时光真的很幸福 | 
| [02:02] | But I never really imagined that I would | 但我从未想过 | 
| [02:06] | get a place | 要在婚前 | 
| [02:07] | with somebody until I was married. | 与人同居 | 
| [02:10] | My parents were actually… | 事实上 我的父母… | 
| [02:12] | pretty traditional. | 都很传统 | 
| [02:14] | And keeping those traditions alive, I– | 保留这些传统 | 
| [02:16] | I feel like I’m honoring them in a small way. | 我觉得是对他们的一种尊敬 | 
| [02:20] | Yeah. I get it. | 我明白的 | 
| [02:21] | But don’t get me wrong. I love you, | 别误会 我爱你 | 
| [02:23] | and I want to be with you, | 我想和你在一起 | 
| [02:25] | just in the right way. | 只是应该处之得当 | 
| [02:32] | Of course, one doesn’t often consider | 当然 在非虚构类文学创作中 | 
| [02:34] | the role of inspiration in the work of nonfiction writing. | 灵感的运用可以忽略不计 | 
| [02:37] | In my admittedly biased opinion, that is an oversight. | 众所周知 我认为那是一个谬误 | 
| [02:39] | It is very much a factor of my work. | 灵感恰恰是我创作中不可或缺的因素 | 
| [02:42] | Only it comes from without, | 只是它来源于外界 | 
| [02:45] | not from within– | 而非内在 | 
| [02:46] | From the deceits perpetrated by the worst among us. | 来源于卑劣之徒犯下的累累罪行 | 
| [02:49] | My subjects are always my inspiration. | 我的写作对象一直是我的灵感源泉 | 
| [02:52] | What a tool. | 好个狗腿子 | 
| [02:55] | Mm. Exactly. | 没错 | 
| [03:00] | Oh… Mason. | 梅森 | 
| [03:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [03:02] | So well done. | 干得不错 | 
| [03:03] | Thank you so much, and thank you for coming. | 谢谢 谢谢你的到来 | 
| [03:05] | Victoria. | 维多利亚 | 
| [03:06] | I didn’t know you knew Mason Treadwell. | 我不知道你还认识梅森·特德韦尔 | 
| [03:08] | Oh, we’re thick as thieves. And who might you be? | 我们是老朋友了 请问你是 | 
| [03:10] | Mason, this is my neighbor– Emily Thorne. | 梅森 这是我的邻居 艾米莉·索恩 | 
| [03:12] | I own the house that David Clarke was arrested in. | 我买下了大卫·克拉克被捕前住的那栋别墅 | 
| [03:15] | You don’t say? | 真的吗 | 
| [03:16] | It’s an incredible story. | 这真是个不可思议的故事 | 
| [03:18] | Really amazing book. I-impeccably researched. | 一本了不起的书 有理有据 | 
| [03:21] | Would you mind? | 能签个名吗 | 
| [03:22] | Sure. Thank you. | 当然 谢谢 | 
| [03:24] | You know, if you aren’t already on the list, | 不知你是否受到了邀请 | 
| [03:25] | Victoria kindly offered her home for a reading | 这周末维多利亚帮我在她府邸举办读书会 | 
| [03:28] | of my unpublished memoirs this weekend. | 意在推广我尚未出版的自传 | 
| [03:30] | You should drop in. | 你可以顺便来看看 | 
| [03:32] | I would love to. | 乐意之至 | 
| [03:33] | May I introduce you to my friend–Nolan Ross? | 容我向你介绍一位朋友 诺兰·罗斯 | 
| [03:39] | Friend that needs no introduction– | 这位朋友可不需要介绍 | 
| [03:41] | “Wired” Magazine’s man of the decade, | 《连线》杂志的年代风云人物 | 
| [03:43] | number seven on “Forbes'” Youngest billionaires. | 福布斯榜排名第七的亿万富翁 | 
| [03:46] | Well, six, actually, but who’s counting? | 事实上是第六 但谁会去数呢 | 
| [03:49] | Nolan, what brings you here? | 诺兰 什么风把你吹来了 | 
| [03:50] | As a result of recent events, | 最近一些事情 | 
| [03:52] | it occurred to me that I could die at any time. | 让我觉得人生苦短 世事无常 | 
| [03:55] | Yes, I heard that little deviant Tyler | 我听说那个疯子泰勒 | 
| [03:57] | left you bound and gagged. | 把你五花大绑 还堵上了你的嘴 | 
| [03:59] | Oh, it’d be a shame if | 在被世人真正了解之前 | 
| [04:01] | I left this mortal coil | 我就香消玉殒 | 
| [04:02] | without anyone knowing the real me. | 实为一大憾事 | 
| [04:05] | Sounds like you’re in the market for biographer. | 看来你需要一名传记作家 | 
| [04:07] | Not just any biographer. | 一般的传记作家可不行 | 
| [04:09] | Why don’t you stop by the cottage, | 欢迎你来访寒舍 | 
| [04:11] | and we’ll discuss the possibilities? | 我们可以谈谈合作的可行性 | 
| [04:14] | Oh, charming. | 挺诱人的 | 
| [04:15] | Quite a turnout. | 很棒的活动 | 
| [04:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [04:19] | Ta-ta. Okay. They’re lovely. | 回见 他们真招人喜欢 | 
| [04:21] | Mason, could you come to the house for lunch? | 梅森 可以来我家吃午餐吗 | 
| [04:24] | There’s something I’d like to discuss with you. | 我有些事想和你谈谈 | 
| [04:26] | How could I refuse? | 乐意之极 | 
| [04:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [04:34] | Stowaway. | 偷渡者酒吧 | 
| [04:36] | Jack, it’s Emily. | 杰克 我是艾米莉 | 
| [04:38] | Emily. | 艾米莉 | 
| [04:40] | How are you? | 最近怎么样 | 
| [04:41] | I’m good, thanks to you and Daniel. | 我很好 多亏了你和丹尼尔 | 
| [04:43] | I just wanted to call and say thanks again for intervening. | 我就想再次感谢你们出手相救 | 
| [04:46] | What you guys did was really brave. | 你们的行为真是很勇敢 | 
| [04:48] | Well, at the end of the day, | 但其实说到底 | 
| [04:49] | there were no bullets in the gun, so… | 枪里根本没有子弹 所以… | 
| [04:51] | No big deal. | 没什么大不了的 | 
| [04:53] | How’s Amanda? | 阿曼达还好吗 | 
| [04:55] | She’s, uh, she’s okay. | 她还好 | 
| [04:56] | Yeah. She, uh… | 她… | 
| [04:59] | It was a little weird, all that stuff Tyler said about her dad, | 泰勒关于她父亲的那些话有些奇怪 | 
| [05:01] | but she’ll be– she’ll be fine. | 但她会没事的 | 
| [05:05] | I gotta go. | 我要挂了 | 
| [05:05] | I’ll, uh, I’ll talk to you later. | 晚点再聊吧 | 
| [05:07] | – Bye, Jack. Bye. | -再见 杰克 -再见 | 
| [05:12] | Where’s little brother? | 你弟弟呢 | 
| [05:14] | I let him go. | 我让他走了 | 
| [05:18] | Field trip with his girlfriend. | 他随女朋友去实地考察旅行了 | 
| [05:20] | Prep school registration. | 去注册预科学校 | 
| [05:22] | We need a field trip. | 我们也去旅行吧 | 
| [05:24] | What about Atlantic City? | 去大西洋城怎么样 | 
| [05:27] | A little gambling, a little clubbing, | 玩玩赌博 泡泡夜店 | 
| [05:30] | A little trouble. | 再惹点小麻烦 | 
| [05:32] | Mm. Sounds great. | 听上去很不错 | 
| [05:34] | Unfortunately, I’ve got a bar to run. | 但很不幸 我还得管酒吧呢 | 
| [05:37] | Snoozefest. | 无聊透了 | 
| [05:39] | Don’t you get tired of doing the same thing every night, | 你不会无聊吗 日复一日年复一年 | 
| [05:42] | seeing the same people, listening to the same music? | 见同样的人 听同样的音乐 | 
| [05:45] | Comes with the territory. | 没办法 | 
| [05:48] | Come on. Be impulsive. | 来嘛 偶尔冲动一把 | 
| [05:50] | Unplan your life. | 潇洒走一回 | 
| [05:51] | Amanda… | 阿曼达 | 
| [05:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [05:54] | I can’t. | 我不能这么做 | 
| [05:56] | I wonder if you’d say no to Emily Thorne. | 我好奇你是否会对艾米莉·索恩说不 | 
| [06:08] | I’ve always been amazed at how you can make 20,000 square feet | 我一直惊叹你如何把两万平方英尺 | 
| [06:11] | feel warm and inviting. | 布置得温馨又迷人 | 
| [06:15] | Still, wiout Conrad, it feels somehow empty. | 不过少了康纳德 还是略感冷清 | 
| [06:17] | Now rumor has it, he’s moved in to the Southfork. | 据说他搬到南方酒店去了 | 
| [06:20] | And good riddance. | 终于摆脱他了 | 
| [06:22] | This is one village that won’t miss its idiot. | 这里再也不会欢迎他了 | 
| [06:25] | Besides, I didn’t bring you here for Conrad. | 话说回来 我请你过来不是为康纳德 | 
| [06:28] | I brought you here for Amanda Clarke. | 我请你过来是为了阿曼达·克拉克 | 
| [06:32] | – Amanda Clarke? – Yes. | -阿曼达·克拉克 -没错 | 
| [06:34] | She’s returned to town, and I want you to find out why. | 她回镇上来了 我要你去查出原因 | 
| [06:37] | How am I supposed to do that? | 这让我怎么查 | 
| [06:39] | You interviewed her after the trial. | 你在审讯后采访过她 | 
| [06:42] | Tell her you’d like to talk to her about your memoirs | 告诉她 你想为自传跟她聊聊 | 
| [06:45] | as a way of reflecting on the past. | 算是对过去的回顾 | 
| [06:49] | I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that. | 我可能无法心安理得这么做 | 
| [06:50] | Then get comfortable with it. | 那想想让你心安理得的理由 | 
| [06:54] | You’d still be covering earnings reports | 要不是我 | 
| [06:56] | in the back pages of the “Journal” if it weren’t for me. | 你现在还在给报纸末版写盈利报告 | 
| [06:59] | Don’t forget it. | 别忘了 | 
| [07:00] | Trust me, one doesn’t easily forget | 相信我 任何人都不会轻易忘记 | 
| [07:02] | a deal he’s made with the devil. | 与魔鬼做的交易 | 
| [07:08] | Fine. I’ll talk to her. | 好吧 我会和她谈的 | 
| [07:10] | I’m sure the girl is just here to get some closure. | 我确信这个女孩只是来了却些心结的 | 
| [07:13] | The question is how far she will go to get it. | 关键是她要如何了却这些心结 | 
| [07:20] | “By the time the trial ended, | “审讯结束之时 | 
| [07:22] | every person I once trusted | 每一个我曾经信任的人 | 
| [07:24] | had turned their back on me. | 都弃我而去 | 
| [07:26] | The only remaining option was to find an impartial observer | 仅剩的选择是找到一位公正的旁观者 | 
| [07:29] | to tell my story. | 将我的事公之于众 | 
| [07:31] | I thought Mason Treadwell would be that person.” | 我觉得梅森·特德韦尔会是那个人” | 
| [07:35] | You have to understand the scope of the cover-up. | 你要明白这个互相包庇的关系网 | 
| [07:38] | We’re talking about people on every level– | 涉及到各个阶层人士 | 
| [07:39] | Prosecutors, defense attorneys, friends, | 检察官 辩护律师 密友 | 
| [07:42] | coworkers. | 以及同僚 | 
| [07:43] | Well, setting aside the logistics of your theory, | 先不论你这一说辞的合理性 | 
| [07:46] | why do you think all these people from your everyday life | 你认为你身边的这些人 | 
| [07:49] | would turn on you so rampantly? | 为什么这么毫不留情地对付你 | 
| [07:50] | Just promises of power, money, | 权利 金钱以及 | 
| [07:53] | political favors. | 政治利益的诱惑 | 
| [07:55] | I mean, you name it. | 凡是你能说出的好处都在其列 | 
| [07:56] | And then when I think those didn’t work, | 而当这些都不管用的时候 | 
| [07:58] | they used threats. | 他们就开始威胁 | 
| [08:00] | Think about it. | 好好想想吧 | 
| [08:01] | If they could put me in here, | 他们都能把我弄进来 | 
| [08:03] | imagine what else they’re capable of. | 想想他们还能干出些什么 | 
| [08:07] | Fascinating footage. | 有趣的影像资料 | 
| [08:08] | Clarke seems to be utterly convinced | 克拉克看上去非常坚定 | 
| [08:10] | that he’s telling the truth. | 自己说的都是实话 | 
| [08:11] | In his twisted mind, he is. | 在他扭曲的精神世界中 的确是的 | 
| [08:12] | The general consensus within the psychiatric community | 心理学界有普遍共识 | 
| [08:15] | is advanced pathological narcissism. | 精神病就是一种病理性的自恋 | 
| [08:17] | Then no element of his story has been borne out by facts? | 他的故事没有一点是基于现实的吗 | 
| [08:20] | Not a shred. | 一点都没有 | 
| [09:03] | The Stowaway tavern. How fitting. | 偷渡者酒吧 挺有韵味的 | 
| [09:10] | Could I trouble you for a light? | 可以问你借个火吗 | 
| [09:12] | Sorry. | 不好意思 | 
| [09:13] | There’s no smoking inside. | 室内禁止吸烟 | 
| [09:15] | Come now. | 别装了 | 
| [09:16] | There are no patrons inside. Who would possibly object? | 老板又不在 谁会管 | 
| [09:30] | Oh. It’s after 11:00. Why not? | 已经十一点多了 何不来一杯 | 
| [09:33] | I’ll have a gibson. | 我要一杯吉布森鸡尾酒 | 
| [09:34] | A gibson? | 吉布森酒 | 
| [09:36] | Are you for real? | 你说真的吗 | 
| [09:37] | Oh, yes. | 是的 | 
| [09:43] | You don’t remember me, do you… Amanda? | 你不记得我了 是吗 阿曼达 | 
| [09:46] | Should I? | 我应该记得你吗 | 
| [09:47] | I wouldn’t have recognized you either. | 我也快认不出你了 | 
| [09:49] | It’s been a long time. | 时隔那么久了 | 
| [09:51] | Mason Treadwell. | 梅森·特德韦尔 | 
| [09:53] | I interviewed you when you were a little girl. | 你小时候我采访过你 | 
| [09:55] | A couple of times, actually. | 确切说 采访过好几次 | 
| [09:56] | It was for my book about your father– | 那时我在写一本关于你父亲的书 | 
| [09:58] | “The Society Connection.” | 《社交谜网》 | 
| [09:59] | Right. Mason. | 记起来了 梅森 | 
| [10:02] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 | 
| [10:04] | There’s a lot I don’t remember about that time in my life. | 那段时间的事我真不大记得了 | 
| [10:07] | Oh, of course. | 那是当然 | 
| [10:10] | So, what brings you here? | 那么 你此行有何贵干 | 
| [10:14] | I could ask you the same question. | 我也想问你同样的问题 | 
| [10:17] | Actually, I was hoping that you and I | 说实话 我希望 | 
| [10:19] | could sit down and talk about that. | 我们能坐下来好好谈谈 | 
| [10:21] | I’m, uh, finishing up my memoirs, | 我的自传即将完成 | 
| [10:23] | and I would love to include a… | 我想加一个章节 | 
| [10:25] | reprise chapter of sorts about you. | 回顾关于你的故事 | 
| [10:31] | Tomorrow? | 明天如何 | 
| [10:33] | At my house? | 来我家 | 
| [10:40] | Well, you’ll be happy to hear that your prenup | 通知你一个喜人的消息 | 
| [10:41] | is well on its way to being nullified due to duress. | 由于你是胁迫结婚 婚前协议宣告作废 | 
| [10:45] | Thank you, Ryan, for going above and beyond on that one. | 谢谢你 莱恩 为此你煞费苦心 | 
| [10:47] | Where do we stand with Charlotte? | 夏洛特的情况我们怎么解决 | 
| [10:48] | Well, at this time, there’s no compelling legal argument | 现在我还没找到强制性法律条款 | 
| [10:51] | to force her back home with you. | 能强迫她回到你身边 | 
| [10:53] | But believe me, I’ll continue to dig. | 但是相信我 我会继续钻研的 | 
| [10:54] | Right now my main concern is your interest in Grayson Global. | 此刻我最关心的是你在格雷森国际的利益 | 
| [10:58] | It seems Conrad is seeking | 看起来康拉德在想法子 | 
| [11:00] | to divest you of your stock in the company. | 剥夺你在公司现有的股份 | 
| [11:02] | Is he insane? | 他疯了吗 | 
| [11:04] | Someone needs to remind that man | 他应该清楚 | 
| [11:05] | that I earned every single one of those shares. | 我的所有股份都是应得的 | 
| [11:07] | – And without me, he wouldn’t have – He’s not insane. | -没有我 他就不会… -他没疯 | 
| [11:09] | He’s strong-arming. | 他只是手段强硬 | 
| [11:11] | But before we go into the ring with them on this, | 但与他们就此谈判前 | 
| [11:13] | I think it’d be wise if we set up a little insurance policy. | 我想制定一个保险策略才是明智之举 | 
| [11:17] | We need Conrad to restore | 我们得让康拉德交出 | 
| [11:19] | Daniel’s access to his grandfather’s trust. | 丹尼尔爷爷留给他的信托基金 | 
| [11:21] | You’re asking me to involve my son in this? | 你要我把儿子也牵涉进来 | 
| [11:23] | Well, by his own declaration, he’s already involved. | 按照他自己的说法 他已经牵涉其中 | 
| [11:26] | And he’s on your side. | 而且他站在你这边 | 
| [11:27] | Combine Daniel’s shares with yours… | 把你和丹尼尔的股份加起来 | 
| [11:30] | and we control the company. | 我们就能控制公司了 | 
| [11:31] | Right. | 对 | 
| [11:32] | Unfortunately, we can’t simply ask Conrad | 问题是 我们不能直接要求康拉德 | 
| [11:34] | to release Daniel’s stake in the firm to him. | 把丹尼尔拥有的股份交还给他 | 
| [11:37] | He’d put together the pieces immediately. | 他会马上想到其中的关联 | 
| [11:39] | But we’re not going to ask. Daniel is. | 不是由我们提出 是丹尼尔去 | 
| [11:42] | Then it becomes a simple question of loyalty– | 这样就是单纯的忠诚问题了 | 
| [11:44] | Conrad’s to Daniel, | 康拉德忠于丹尼尔 | 
| [11:46] | and Daniel’s to you. | 丹尼尔忠于你 | 
| [11:54] | What do you think of the campus? | 你觉得那个校园怎么样 | 
| [11:55] | Big. Expensive. | 很大 很奢华 | 
| [11:57] | It seems more like a college than a prep school. | 说是预科学校 其实更像大学 | 
| [11:59] | Kind of is. | 有点 | 
| [12:01] | My schedule is gonna be brutal– | 我的课程表会满得吓人 | 
| [12:04] | Calculus, | 微积分 | 
| [12:05] | A.P. Physics, A.P. French– | 物理和法语进修课 | 
| [12:06] | I thought I tested out of French– | 我以为我的法语不用再进修了 | 
| [12:08] | Debate, Tennis. | 辩论 网球 | 
| [12:10] | And I have to read “Paradise Lost” | 我还得在进文学社前 | 
| [12:11] | before literary society in two weeks. | 花两周读完《失乐园》 | 
| [12:13] | Yeah, well, you weren’t kidding, were you? | 你不是在耍我吧 | 
| [12:15] | About what? | 哪个方面 | 
| [12:16] | Well, you know, after the summer, | 暑期过后 | 
| [12:17] | I’m never gonna see you again. | 我就再也见不到你了 | 
| [12:18] | I was exaggerating. | 我夸大其词了 | 
| [12:20] | I’ll have time off for Thanksgiving… | 感恩节我有假期的 | 
| [12:23] | unless I go to Geneva with the Model U.N. Team. | 但我得跟模拟联合国小组去日内瓦 | 
| [12:27] | Great. | 很好 | 
| [12:28] | I’ll see you at Christmas. | 我们圣诞节再见 | 
| [12:29] | Don’t be like this, Declan. | 别这样 德克兰 | 
| [12:31] | Believe it or not, I can be quite the multitasker. | 不管你信不信 我能身兼数职的 | 
| [12:34] | I believe you. | 我相信你 | 
| [12:36] | I’m just not sure how I feel about being one of your tasks. | 我只是不确定如何当你众多任务之一 | 
| [12:47] | Expecting someone, a date? | 在等人吗 佳人有约 | 
| [12:49] | No. Lawyer. She’s late. | 不 在等律师 她迟到了 | 
| [12:52] | All right. Well, I’ll make this quick. | 那我长话短说 | 
| [12:55] | Now that I’m leaving business school | 既然我现在办了休学 | 
| [12:56] | and committing myself to the company, | 全身心投入公司事务中 | 
| [12:58] | I think it’s only fair that you release my trust. | 我想你也该把信托基金交还给我了 | 
| [13:01] | Mom’s agreed to sign off on it, | 妈妈已经同意了 | 
| [13:02] | but obviously, I need you to as well. | 但显然 还需要你首肯 | 
| [13:04] | Renegotiating the terms of your employ already? | 这就开始对雇佣条款讨价还价了 | 
| [13:06] | That’s, uh… that’s the Grayson way. | 真是典型格雷森的作风 | 
| [13:09] | Well, consider it a show of faith. | 就当做是你对我的信任吧 | 
| [13:11] | I’m ready to take my seat at the table. | 我已经准备好担当重任了 | 
| [13:14] | Well, all right, then. | 那好吧 | 
| [13:16] | I’ll have the lawyers get into it. | 我会让律师处理的 | 
| [13:17] | Am I interrupting? | 我来得不是时候吗 | 
| [13:18] | Oh, no. No, I was just leaving. | 不不 我准备走了 | 
| [13:20] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 | 
| [13:27] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 | 
| [13:28] | So Daniel says that | 丹尼尔说 | 
| [13:30] | he wants to follow in his old man’s footsteps | 他想追随他父亲的脚步 | 
| [13:32] | on the condition that I reactivate his trust. | 条件是我重新解冻他的信托基金 | 
| [13:35] | His mother has already agreed to it. | 他妈妈已经同意了 | 
| [13:37] | Curious timing, | 真是巧 | 
| [13:38] | since our request to reclaim her shares just went out this morning. | 我们今早刚提出收回她的股权 | 
| [13:42] | You did say she has a powerful influence over him. | 你说过她对丹尼尔很有影响力 | 
| [13:44] | Yeah, and if I refuse him outright, | 是的 但如果我直接拒绝他 | 
| [13:46] | she has everything she needs | 她就会趁机煽风点火 | 
| [13:47] | to turn my son against me entirely. | 让儿子跟我彻底敌对 | 
| [13:50] | So let’s give him access to the trust’s savings account. | 所以我把信托的资金账户交还给他 | 
| [13:52] | But as far as the shares are in Grayson Global, | 至于格雷森国际的股份 | 
| [13:54] | let’s stipulate they not be valid | 可以规定在结婚或满三十岁前 | 
| [13:56] | until he marries or turns 30. | 他不能享有股份所有权 | 
| [13:59] | Are you sure about the marriage clause? | 你确定要加入结婚的条款吗 | 
| [14:01] | From what you told me, | 据你所言 | 
| [14:02] | he’s getting pretty serious with your young neighbor. | 他与你们的芳邻正打得火热 | 
| [14:04] | My son is easily distracted. | 我儿子是没有定性的人 | 
| [14:07] | It’s a family trait. | 这是我们的家风 | 
| [14:09] | I’d be surprised if that relationship lasts the summer. | 这段恋情能撑过夏天才怪了 | 
| [14:18] | This cottage belonged to Hemingway for a time. | 海明威曾住过这个小屋 | 
| [14:22] | He wrote “The Dangerous Summer” Here. | 他在这里写下了《危险夏日》 | 
| [14:24] | It seems that celebrity haunts both our homes. | 看来咱俩的房子都住着名人的鬼魂 | 
| [14:27] | Mm. Very different ghosts, though. | 不过是非常不同的鬼魂 | 
| [14:29] | And this is, as they say, | 这里就是传说中 | 
| [14:31] | where the magic happens. | 奇迹诞生之地 | 
| [14:32] | All my tomes begin here, | 我的所有著作都出自这部机器 | 
| [14:34] | on a 1920s Underwood 5, | 1920年代的安德伍德五号打字机 | 
| [14:36] | once owned by John Cheever, I’m told. | 据说曾经为约翰·契弗[美国作家]所有 | 
| [14:38] | And on those rare occasions that I can’t come up with a word, | 当然 我也偶尔有才思枯竭之时 | 
| [14:42] | I simply just get out of my chair, and I go and look it up. | 我就离开椅子 去查查书 | 
| [14:45] | Like the cavemen. | 你过得还真原始 | 
| [14:47] | Quite the collection. | 真是藏品众多啊 | 
| [14:48] | All first editions? | 全都是初版吗 | 
| [14:49] | I pride myself on rare items. | 我以收藏珍贵物品为豪 | 
| [14:52] | To wit, my sole… | 比如说 我独一无二的 | 
| [14:54] | working print of my memoirs. | 自传手打稿 | 
| [14:57] | No copies? | 没有副本吗 | 
| [14:58] | No, not until the work is complete. | 没有 怎么也得等我把它写完了 | 
| [15:00] | I find that | 我认为 | 
| [15:01] | duplication somehow compromises the soul of the prose. | 副本多少破坏了我这本史诗的灵魂 | 
| [15:09] | My subject recordings. | 我采访对象的录像 | 
| [15:11] | You noted the research that went into “Society,” | 《社交谜网》里涉及到的调查研究 | 
| [15:13] | Well, there it all is– | 全都在这里 | 
| [15:14] | hundreds of hours of one-on-one interviews | 与书中关键人物 | 
| [15:17] | with the key players. | 数百小时的一对一访谈 | 
| [15:19] | As a fan, you might be interested to know | 既然你是这本书的书迷 可能你会感兴趣 | 
| [15:21] | that I’ll be reinterviewing | 我将为我的自传 | 
| [15:23] | David Clarke’s daughter for my memoirs. | 重新采访大卫·克拉克的女儿 | 
| [15:26] | Amanda Clarke? | 阿曼达·克拉克吗 | 
| [15:29] | How fascinating. | 太棒了 | 
| [15:46] | What do you call that? | 你管那叫什么 | 
| [15:47] | Being awesome. | 酷毙了 | 
| [15:51] | I totally want to kiss you right now. | 我现在真想吻你 | 
| [15:53] | Not while my boyfriend’s watching. | 当着我男朋友的面可不行 | 
| [15:58] | Hey, uh, maybe tone it down a little bit. | 能把音乐调小声点吗 | 
| [16:00] | Just keeping the customers happy. | 让顾客玩得尽兴嘛 | 
| [16:02] | I know, but there’s a line. | 我知道 可也得有个度 | 
| [16:04] | This isn’t like other places you’ve worked. | 这可不同于你以前工作的地方 | 
| [16:07] | Whatever you say, boss. | 全听你的 老板 | 
| [16:15] | All right, bargain shoppers. | 爱捡便宜的顾客们 | 
| [16:18] | It’s time for the blue light special. | 限时大优惠开始 | 
| [16:21] | $1 shots. Put your cash on the bar | 一美元喝一口 把钱放在吧台上 | 
| [16:23] | and open your pretty little mouths. | 张开你们的小嘴吧 | 
| [16:37] | Amanda’s fun, isn’t she? | 阿曼达很会带动气氛 是吧 | 
| [16:40] | Crowd seems happy. | 大伙看起来很高兴 | 
| [16:41] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [16:42] | Any happier, the city might have to shut us down. | 再疯狂点 我们就得被封了 | 
| [16:46] | We just killed the pilsner. | 比尔森啤酒卖光了 | 
| [16:47] | Okay, just give me a second. | 知道了 等我一下 | 
| [16:50] | I’m sorry. Um… | 不好意思 | 
| [16:52] | Can I get you two a table or… | 要不我给你俩找个桌子 | 
| [16:54] | maybe a room? | 或者开个房间 | 
| [16:56] | Actually, I came to talk to you, Amanda. | 实际上 我是来找你的 阿曼达 | 
| [16:57] | Do you have a second? | 你有时间吗 | 
| [16:59] | I’ll go switch out that keg. | 我去开罐酒桶 | 
| [17:02] | Level with me– | 和我说实话 | 
| [17:03] | Is there something going on between you and Jack? | 你和杰克之间有些什么吗 | 
| [17:06] | What? No. Jack and I are just friends. | 什么 没有啊 我和杰克只是朋友 | 
| [17:08] | You know that. | 你知道的 | 
| [17:08] | I’m not sure he believes that. | 我觉得他可不这样想 | 
| [17:10] | Are you kidding me? He’s head over heels for you. | 别开玩笑了 他为你神魂颠倒 | 
| [17:12] | All he talks about is how happy you make him. | 他跟我说的都是 你让他变得多开心 | 
| [17:15] | So what did you want to talk about? | 你想和我说什么 | 
| [17:16] | Outside? | 出去说吧 | 
| [17:17] | I could use some fresh air and another drink. | 呼吸点新鲜空气 然后再来一杯 | 
| [17:23] | No, I’m good, but you go ahead. | 我不喝了 你随意吧 | 
| [17:25] | Come on. What happened to the girl who used to | 不是吧 以前那个为了一瓶龙舌兰 | 
| [17:28] | stockpile pudding cups so she could bribe sergeant Cankles | 攒布丁杯来贿赂坎科尔警官的 | 
| [17:30] | for a bottle of tequila? | 女孩哪儿去了 | 
| [17:32] | She’s still here, believe me. | 相信我 她还在这 | 
| [17:33] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [17:37] | To the girls of cell block “D.” | 敬D号牢房的姑娘们 | 
| [17:47] | How come you didn’t tell me | 你怎么不告诉我 | 
| [17:48] | that Mason Treadwell tracked you down | 梅森·特德韦尔找到了你 | 
| [17:50] | and tried to sweet talk you into an interview? | 花言巧语哄你接受他的访谈 | 
| [17:53] | That’s not exactly how it happened, | 事情不全是你说的那样 | 
| [17:55] | but so what? | 不过那又怎样 | 
| [17:57] | You trusted me to be you for ten years. | 你放心让我假扮了你十年 | 
| [17:59] | What’s so different about this guy? | 这男的又有什么大不了呢 | 
| [18:03] | Treadwell’s a bottom-feeder | 特德韦尔是个卑鄙小人 | 
| [18:06] | who made millions off of lies that he wrote about my father. | 他靠编造关于我父亲的谎言而发了大财 | 
| [18:09] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 | 
| [18:09] | I thought your father was a cold-blooded killer. | 我以为你爸是个冷血杀手 | 
| [18:11] | So did I, | 我以前也这样想 | 
| [18:13] | because of what was written in that book. | 就因为听信了这本书的内容 | 
| [18:14] | Are you telling me, your father wasn’t guilty? | 你是在告诉我 你父亲是无辜的吗 | 
| [18:17] | I’m telling you, there’s more to the story. | 我是告诉你 这事没那么简单 | 
| [18:20] | But I can’t prove it unless you help me. | 可你要是不帮我 我就没法证明这点 | 
| [18:28] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做 | 
| [18:43] | So how was your visit to the land of entitled teenagers? | 参观富二代王国之旅如何 | 
| [18:45] | Oh, awesome, | 棒极了 | 
| [18:46] | and maybe the last time I’ll see my girlfriend, | 可能是我最后一次见我的女朋友了 | 
| [18:49] | but speaking of girlfriends, | 不过说到女友 | 
| [18:51] | looks like Amanda was in rare form last night. | 好像昨晚阿曼达独领风骚 | 
| [18:53] | Oh, god. You heard about that? | 天呐 你听说了啊 | 
| [18:55] | Oh, I did more than hear about it. | 不光是听说 | 
| [18:56] | My phone’s been blowing up all day, | 我的手机一整天响个不停 | 
| [18:57] | and this is my personal favorite shot… | 这张是我个人最喜欢的 | 
| [19:01] | right here. | 这里 | 
| [19:02] | I am in way over my head with this girl. | 这女孩我快搞不定了 | 
| [19:04] | No. No, no, no. | 别 别 别放弃 | 
| [19:06] | You need someone who’s gonna force you to loosen up. | 你就需要一个强制你放松的女孩 | 
| [19:07] | She’s a forcer. | 她就是一个强制者 | 
| [19:08] | She’s definitely a forcer. | 她确实很强势 | 
| [19:10] | Listen to me for once, okay? | 听我一次 好吗 | 
| [19:13] | You’re too tightly wound for a guy your age. | 你这个年纪不该把自己逼得太紧 | 
| [19:16] | You keep going like this, you’re gonna end up like dad. | 再这样下去 你会重蹈父亲的覆辙 | 
| [19:28] | Did I mention that I’ve never done this before? | 我有没有提过我从未射击过 | 
| [19:30] | It helps if you keep at least one eye open. | 你至少也得睁开一只眼吧 | 
| [19:33] | Why’d you bring him here again? | 你怎么又把他带来了 | 
| [19:34] | He’s dangerous. | 会殃及无辜的 | 
| [19:35] | He was pretty traumatized after the whole Tyler thing– | 泰勒的事对他打击很大 | 
| [19:38] | being held hostage in his own home. | 在自己家被劫持 | 
| [19:41] | I thought this would make him feel safe again. | 到这来也许能让他重拾安全感 | 
| [19:51] | Oh, somebody loves their Second Amendment. | 看来宪法第二修正案让某人受益匪浅啊 | 
| [19:54] | Dad and I spent a lot of time here when I was younger. | 我小时候经常和我爸来这里 | 
| [19:56] | Good times. | 美好的时光啊 | 
| [19:58] | Beat that. | 来吧 | 
| [20:08] | Best of three? | 三局两胜如何 | 
| [20:10] | Ah, I can’t, baby. | 不行 宝贝 | 
| [20:11] | My dad set up a meeting with a prospective investor. | 我爸安排我去会见一个潜在投资人 | 
| [20:14] | Wanna come by after? | 想之后来我这儿吗 | 
| [20:17] | Uh, actually, | 其实 | 
| [20:18] | I have somhing I need to take care of. | 我要处理一些事 | 
| [20:20] | All right. Uh, well, I’ll see you when I see you. | 好吧 那有空再见吧 | 
| [20:24] | – Bye, Dan. – Nolan. | -再见 丹 -再见 诺兰 | 
| [20:30] | First you’re evicting the guy, | 先是让他搬出你家 | 
| [20:33] | and now you’re blowing him off? | 现在又对他这么冷漠 | 
| [20:34] | Well, you know what they say– | 常言道 | 
| [20:35] | absence makes the heart grow fonder. | 距离产生美 | 
| [20:38] | And I wasn’t lying. | 而且我又没骗他 | 
| [20:40] | I do have plans. So do you. | 我的确有事要办 你也是 | 
| [20:44] | Really? | 是吗 | 
| [20:45] | Mason’s interviewing Amanda. | 梅森要访问阿曼达 | 
| [20:46] | I want to make sure we control the story. | 我要确保局面在我们掌控之下 | 
| [20:48] | Control plus Amanda equals a recipe for disaster. | 掌控和阿曼达连在一起 这等于灾难 | 
| [20:52] | Why do you want to involve her? | 为什么要把她牵扯进来 | 
| [20:53] | I thought this retribution had to do | 我还以为这次是要报复 | 
| [20:55] | with what Treadwell wrote about your father. | 特德韦尔在书中对你父亲的毁谤 | 
| [20:58] | Clearly there’s more to the story. | 显然是内有隐情 | 
| [20:59] | Inquiring minds want to know. | 好奇的人好想知道呀 | 
| [21:01] | Treadwell started out as a reporter | 起初特德韦尔只是个 | 
| [21:02] | covering the downing of Flight 197, | 负责报道197航班事故的小记者 | 
| [21:04] | only back then, he didn’t go by Mason. | 只是当时他还不叫梅森 | 
| [21:07] | His real name was… | 他的真名是 | 
| [21:08] | Leo Treadwell. | 尼欧·特德韦尔 | 
| [21:10] | I’m a journalist. | 我是一名记者 | 
| [21:19] | How do you like it here, Amanda? | 你觉得这里怎么样 | 
| [21:22] | I’m told that your prior foster home was destroyed by a fire. | 听说之前收养你的那家房子起火了 | 
| [21:26] | How terrible. | 真可怕 | 
| [21:28] | Sometimes bad things happen to good people. | 有时好人却得不到好报 | 
| [21:31] | Indeed. | 确实 | 
| [21:34] | I’m here because your father says he’s innocent, | 我来这是因为你父亲声称自己无罪 | 
| [21:37] | that he didn’t do what they’re saying. | 他是被冤枉的 | 
| [21:39] | But they proved it in court. | 但他在法庭上被证实有罪了 | 
| [21:40] | Courts have been known to make mistakes. | 法庭也会犯错 | 
| [21:45] | Do you think they made a mistake, Amanda? | 你觉得法庭判错了吗 阿曼达 | 
| [21:49] | I have to say he’s guilty… | 我必须说他有罪 | 
| [21:52] | or they’ll put me away, | 不然他们就会把我抓走 | 
| [21:53] | just like him. | 就像抓走我爸爸一样 | 
| [21:55] | I am not gonna let that happen. | 我不会让你被抓走的 | 
| [22:08] | I keep this here where they can’t find it. | 我把这个藏在他们找不到的地方 | 
| [22:21] | I don’t think he did it. | 我认为他是清白的 | 
| [22:23] | I don’t either. | 我也是 | 
| [22:26] | How’d you like to help me rescue your father? | 你愿意帮我救你爸爸吗 | 
| [22:32] | But the book he published might as well | 但他出版的书就像是 | 
| [22:33] | have been written by the Graysons– | 格雷森夫妇执笔的一样 | 
| [22:35] | All the same lies. | 满篇同样的谎言 | 
| [22:38] | What’s worse | 更糟的是 | 
| [22:40] | is he made me believe them. | 他使我相信了这些谎言 | 
| [22:42] | So how do you make the punishment fit this particular crime? | 那你想怎么惩罚他这个罪人呢 | 
| [23:03] | The C.E.O. is a client. | 他们的总裁就是我的客户 | 
| [23:06] | Daniel, welcome. | 丹尼尔 欢迎 | 
| [23:08] | Sofie Arnault, | 索菲·阿尔诺 | 
| [23:09] | meet my secret weapon–Daniel. | 给你介绍我的秘密武器 丹尼尔 | 
| [23:11] | Nice to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 | 
| [23:12] | Sofie’s grandfather is Farris Arnault– | 索菲的祖父是法里斯·阿尔诺 | 
| [23:14] | Of Arnault Offshore. | 阿尔诺境外公司的总裁 | 
| [23:15] | The one and only. | 独一无二 | 
| [23:16] | And I’m afraid… | 恐怕 | 
| [23:19] | I have another meeting to get to, | 我得去开会了 | 
| [23:20] | so I’ll leave you in the very capable hands of my son. | 让我能干的儿子来关照你吧 | 
| [23:27] | I think I know why you’re here. | 我知道你来此的目的 | 
| [23:29] | You’re heavily invested in your family business, | 你把钱大多投资在家族企业上 | 
| [23:31] | which is admirable, | 这很令人钦佩 | 
| [23:32] | but when the Euro’s in a tailspin, | 但现在欧元十分不稳定 | 
| [23:33] | loyalty doesn’t pay dividends. | 光靠忠诚可是分不到红利的 | 
| [23:35] | You want to diversify. | 你想要进行多样投资 | 
| [23:36] | I’m thinking China. | 我在考虑进军中国 | 
| [23:37] | Oh, everybody’s thinking China. | 大家都想进军中国 | 
| [23:38] | We need to get you ahead of the curve. | 你得更超前一点 | 
| [23:40] | I like the sound of that. | 听起来不错 | 
| [23:42] | But I must be very careful | 但我必须谨慎选择 | 
| [23:44] | about who I choose to get into bed with. | 与谁共枕同眠[丹尼尔以为指谈生意] | 
| [23:46] | Well, like my father said, you’ll be in good hands. | 如我父亲所说 我会很好地关照你 | 
| [23:50] | I like the sound of that even more. | 真是更令我动心了 | 
| [24:01] | Hey, you in there? | 你在吗 | 
| [24:37] | You don’t mind if I record this, do you? | 不介意我把谈话内容录下来吧 | 
| [24:40] | No. | 不介意 | 
| [24:43] | So I see you’re still a Clarke. | 你还是姓克拉克 | 
| [24:45] | Why keep your father’s last name? | 为什么还保留你父亲的姓呢 | 
| [24:48] | I didn’t see much point in hiding who I was. | 我觉得没必要隐藏自己的身份 | 
| [24:50] | You didn’t mind being the daughter | 你不介意自己的父亲 | 
| [24:52] | of a-a man who financed terrorism? | 是一个为恐怖主义洗黑钱的罪人吗 | 
| [24:55] | In some ways, it helped me. | 在某种程度上 这还帮了我 | 
| [24:58] | It showed me who my true friends were. | 帮我认清谁才是我真正的朋友 | 
| [25:01] | And now here you are, back at the scene of the crime, | 而现如今 事隔二十年 | 
| [25:04] | nearly two decades later. | 你重回事发地点 | 
| [25:06] | I would think that the memories are quite painful. | 我想那段记忆一定充满伤痛 | 
| [25:09] | Some. | 有些是的 | 
| [25:11] | But I’ve come back on my terms. | 但回来这里是我自己的决定 | 
| [25:12] | I won’t let the past have power over me… | 我不会让往事纠缠着我 | 
| [25:16] | Not anymore. | 再也不会了 | 
| [25:17] | Well, still… | 不过 | 
| [25:19] | Some people perceive you as a victim of the scandal, | 有些人认为你是这桩丑闻的受害者 | 
| [25:22] | one who might be carrying a grudge. | 你可能还心怀怨恨 | 
| [25:25] | I’m just trying to be… a good person | 我只想好好做人 | 
| [25:27] | and live a good life. | 安安稳稳过日子 | 
| [25:29] | Lately, I even started thinking about putting down roots. | 我最近甚至开始考虑安定下来 | 
| [25:33] | I may even start a family. | 或许还会成家 | 
| [25:35] | Look out, Captain Jack. | 小心了 杰克船长 | 
| [25:36] | This little birdie’s in search of nest. | 这只小鸟在寻巢呢 | 
| [25:38] | Amanda, stay focused. | 阿曼达 别岔话题 | 
| [25:42] | It’s our turn to ask the questions. | 轮到我们质问他了 | 
| [25:45] | When you came to see me after my father’s trial, | 在我父亲审讯后 你来看我 | 
| [25:47] | you told me to trust you, and I did. | 说让我信任你 我照做了 | 
| [25:50] | I told you the truth… | 我跟你说了实话 | 
| [25:52] | that I had seen my father and Victoria Grayson together, | 我看到我父亲与维多利亚·格雷森在一起 | 
| [25:55] | romantically, | 他们情意绵绵 | 
| [25:56] | that there was another man there that night on the porch. | 那晚门廊上还有另外一个人 | 
| [25:59] | She’s good. | 她很行啊 | 
| [26:01] | You were a child. | 你当时还是孩子 | 
| [26:02] | Your mental state was in question. | 精神状态也不好 | 
| [26:03] | I-I couldn’t possibly take your word for it. | 我不可能相信你的话 | 
| [26:05] | No. | 是啊 | 
| [26:07] | You chose to take hers. | 你选择了相信她说的 | 
| [26:09] | And what about your word, Leo? | 那你所说的一切呢 尼欧 | 
| [26:12] | I don’t think he did it. | 我觉得不是他干的 | 
| [26:14] | I don’t either. | 我也这么认为 | 
| [26:15] | How’d you like to help me rescue your father? | 你想帮我一起解救你父亲吗 | 
| [26:20] | You didn’t print a word of what I said to you. | 我跟你说的每一个字都没有刊载出来 | 
| [26:24] | All stories have competing truths. | 每个故事都有互相矛盾的事实 | 
| [26:26] | I simply… | 我只不过 | 
| [26:27] | settled on the most logical. | 选定了最合情合理的一个 | 
| [26:29] | And you were paid handsomely for that endorsement, I’m sure. | 这笔封口费你拿到不少吧 | 
| [26:32] | Amanda, you’re confused. | 阿曼达 你搞错了 | 
| [26:34] | You don’t have all the facts. | 你不知道事实的全部 | 
| [26:36] | Here are the facts– you and I both know you’re a fraud. | 事实就是 你我都清楚你是个骗子 | 
| [26:39] | One way or another, the truth will come out. | 总有一天会真相大白的 | 
| [26:42] | Stand up, Amanda. Get in his face. | 站起身 阿曼达 凑到他面前 | 
| [26:43] | Your reading at Victoria’s | 维多利亚家的读书会 | 
| [26:44] | is your last chance to redeem yourself. | 是你最后一个重赎自我的机会 | 
| [26:47] | I suggest you take it. | 我建议你好好把握 | 
| [26:49] | Go, Amanda. | 走吧 阿曼达 | 
| [27:01] | Check you out, Cyrano. | 看看你 大鼻子情圣[暗喻幕后推手] | 
| [27:04] | You’ve just teed Leo up | 你已经安排好尼欧 | 
| [27:05] | to blow the lid off the whole conspiracy. | 去揭发这整个阴谋了 | 
| [27:10] | It would seem that way, wouldn’t it? | 看上去的确如此 是吧 | 
| [27:23] | The Rose Couture or the Herve Leger? | 选玫瑰色的橘滋小礼服还是荷芙妮格呢 | 
| [27:27] | No more bandage dresses. | 我不要再穿绑带礼服了 | 
| [27:28] | Right. I’ll have it burned immediately. | 好 我马上让人烧了它 | 
| [27:30] | Everybody decent? | 都穿戴好了吗 | 
| [27:32] | Daniel, come in. | 丹尼尔 快进来 | 
| [27:35] | Hey. Darling. | 亲爱的 | 
| [27:39] | – Ash, can you give us a minute? – Of course. | -阿什 能让我们单独谈谈吗 -当然 | 
| [27:44] | Listen, Dad threw us a curveball. | 爸爸趁我们不备耍手段了 | 
| [27:45] | Now what? | 又怎么了 | 
| [27:47] | He had me meet with this woman, | 他让我与一个女人会面 | 
| [27:49] | supposedly a prospective investor, | 本该只是个潜在投资者 | 
| [27:50] | but I think he promised her | 但我觉得他答应人家的 | 
| [27:51] | a lot more than financial advice. | 远不止是提供理财建议 | 
| [27:53] | He set you up on date? | 他下套让你去相亲吗 | 
| [27:54] | Yeah. Sofie Arnault. | 是的 对方是索菲·阿尔诺 | 
| [27:55] | Oh, well, I’ll give him points for taste. | 他看人眼光还不错 | 
| [27:58] | Well, it made me suspicious, | 这事让我起了疑心 | 
| [27:59] | so I checked the fine print on my trust. | 于是我去查了信托基金的细则 | 
| [28:01] | It turns out, he had the conditions amended. | 结果发现 他让人重新修改了条款 | 
| [28:03] | I get access to the cash, but won’t be fully vested in the company | 我可以拿到现金 但得不到股权 | 
| [28:05] | until I turn 30 | 直到我三十岁 | 
| [28:07] | or get married, | 或者结婚 | 
| [28:08] | whichever comes first. | 就看先赶上哪个了 | 
| [28:09] | Well, it was worth a try. Thanks, darling. | 也算不枉一试了 谢谢 亲爱的 | 
| [28:11] | The fight’s not over, Mom. | 博弈还没结束 妈妈 | 
| [28:12] | All I need is Emily to say yes, and I collect those shares. | 只要艾米莉肯嫁我 我就能享有股份了 | 
| [28:15] | No, Daniel. | 不可以 丹尼尔 | 
| [28:16] | Mom, I love her… So why wait? | 妈妈 我爱她 还需等待什么 | 
| [28:19] | What do people wait for exactly, a sign? | 到底人们都在等什么 等预兆吗 | 
| [28:20] | – Maybe this is it. – People wait for certainty. | -这就是了 -人们等的是对感情的确定 | 
| [28:23] | Did you have that with Dad? | 你跟爸爸之间有吗 | 
| [28:24] | No, and that’s why I want it for you. | 没有 因此我才希望你能谨慎 | 
| [28:30] | Let’s discuss this later. | 稍后再谈吧 | 
| [28:31] | I have guests coming and I have to get dressed. | 我有客人要来 还要着装打扮 | 
| [28:33] | I want to be with her, Mom, | 我想跟她在一起 妈妈 | 
| [28:35] | and if it gives you the upper hand against Dad, | 这还能帮你占得上风 对付老爸 | 
| [28:37] | then what’s the argument against it? | 那何乐而不为呢 | 
| [28:48] | Ashley, are you out there? | 阿什莉 你在外面吗 | 
| [28:51] | Yes. | 在 | 
| [28:52] | Is Emily coming to the reading? | 艾米莉会来参加读书会吗 | 
| [28:54] | Yeah, I think she just arrived. | 会的 我想她应该刚到 | 
| [28:56] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [28:57] | I need you to do something for me. | 我需要你帮我做点事 | 
| [29:04] | I don’t see the guest of honor. Do you? | 我没看到那位特邀嘉宾 你呢 | 
| [29:06] | Maybe he accidentally strangled himself | 也许他一个不小心用阔领带 | 
| [29:09] | with an ascot. | 把自己勒死了 | 
| [29:11] | Emily, walk with me? | 艾米莉 陪我走走吧 | 
| [29:13] | Sure. | 好的 | 
| [29:15] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 | 
| [29:16] | Mason didn’t cancel on you, did he? | 梅森没放你鸽子吧 | 
| [29:17] | No, he’s just running late. This is about Daniel. | 没有 他只是迟到了 是丹尼尔的事 | 
| [29:20] | Did he tell you how | 他告诉你 | 
| [29:21] | Conrad altered the terms of his trust? | 康拉德修改了他信托基金的条款吗 | 
| [29:24] | No. Why would he discuss that with me? | 没有 他为什么要告诉我 | 
| [29:27] | More importantly, why would he discuss that with you? | 更重要的是 他怎么告诉你了 | 
| [29:29] | Well, he didn’t. | 他没告诉我 | 
| [29:29] | My ears just happened to be in the right place at the right time. | 我只是正正巧巧听到了 | 
| [29:33] | The amendment makes it so the only way | 修正条款规定 丹尼尔在30岁之前 | 
| [29:35] | Daniel can fully access his trust before he turns 30 | 能自由支配他信托基金的唯一方法 | 
| [29:39] | is to get married. | 就是结婚 | 
| [29:42] | Why are you telling me this? | 为什么要跟我说这个 | 
| [29:43] | Because you’re my friend. | 因为你是我的朋友 | 
| [29:45] | If I were you, I would want to know whether or not | 如果我是你 在男友成为未婚夫前 | 
| [29:47] | my boyfriend’s motives were pure before he became my fiance. | 我会想要知道 他的动机是否纯粹 | 
| [30:01] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 | 
| [30:02] | I’ve been writing some new material for the reading. | 为读书会写些材料 | 
| [30:05] | Well, you were supposed to call me | 你和阿曼达·克拉克谈过后 | 
| [30:06] | after you spoke with Amanda Clarke. | 至少该给我打个电话 | 
| [30:08] | What did you find out? | 你有什么发现 | 
| [30:09] | That she’s a very angry girl with a sharp memory. | 她满心怨恨 事情都记得一清二楚 | 
| [30:12] | What exactly does she remember? | 她到底记得什么 | 
| [30:14] | The truth about your relationship with her father. | 你和她爸爸的真实关系 | 
| [30:17] | She wants to pull on that thread | 她会坚持顺着这个思路查 | 
| [30:18] | till it unravels everything, and if that were to happen… | 直到查明真相 如果那样的话 | 
| [30:21] | I’ll go down as one of the biggest frauds in literary history. | 我会成为文学史上最大的骗子 | 
| [30:26] | There are far worse fates. | 还有比这更惨的下场 | 
| [30:30] | I’m here to get your side of the story, Mrs. Grayson. | 格雷森夫人 我是来了解你的说法的 | 
| [30:33] | Do you have a response to David Clarke’s allegations | 大卫·克拉克声称你们是情人 | 
| [30:35] | that you two were lovers? | 对此你有什么想说的吗 | 
| [30:37] | Here’s my response to you, Mr. Treadwell– | 特德韦尔先生 我想说的是 | 
| [30:40] | If you print a word of that garbage, | 如果你敢写到有关那些废话的只言片语 | 
| [30:42] | I will sue you for slander. | 我会以诽谤罪起诉你 | 
| [30:44] | He says you wrote him a note | 他说 在他定罪前一晚 | 
| [30:45] | on the eve of his conviction | 给他写了一张纸条 | 
| [30:47] | promising to go to prosecutor Kingsly | 许诺你会去找检察官金斯莱 | 
| [30:49] | with information that would exonerate him. | 呈上能帮他洗脱罪名的证据 | 
| [30:51] | Clearly no such thing came to pass. | 事实证明这是没有的事儿 | 
| [30:53] | So you’re denying the existence of that note? | 所以你否认那张纸条的存在吗 | 
| [30:56] | That’s the end of the interview. | 采访结束了 | 
| [30:58] | But it’s only just begun. | 这才刚刚开始 | 
| [30:59] | David Clarke’s obviously using you | 大卫·克拉克明显是在利用你 | 
| [31:02] | to try and sell his preposterous story | 让更多人相信他的荒谬故事 | 
| [31:04] | in a desperate attempt to launch some sort of appeal. | 只为获得上诉做最后一搏 | 
| [31:07] | And that’s something any reporter worth his salt | 称职的记者都该 | 
| [31:09] | would recognize immediately. | 马上识破这个计谋 | 
| [31:11] | We’ll have no part of it. | 我们不会参与此事 | 
| [31:12] | As you wish. | 随便你们 | 
| [31:13] | But I’m going to write this story | 不管你们接不接受采访 | 
| [31:15] | with or without your input. | 我都会发表这个故事 | 
| [31:17] | Feel free to sue me. | 尽管起诉我吧 | 
| [31:18] | My only asset is an answering machine | 我的唯一财产就是一部答录机 | 
| [31:20] | brimming over with livid messages from my creditors. | 里面全是债主的咆哮体留言 | 
| [31:22] | You see, I have nothing to lose, Mr. and Mrs. Grayson. | 正如所见 我一无所有 格雷森先生夫人 | 
| [31:27] | While you, it would appear, have plenty. | 而看上去你们坐拥甚多 | 
| [31:33] | Just a moment, Mr. Treadwell. | 等等 特德韦尔先生 | 
| [31:37] | Perhaps there is an arrangement that can be made after all. | 或许还有其他可行的方案 | 
| [31:47] | The people I bring into my inner circle | 被我带进我这个圈子的人 | 
| [31:49] | will always be protected. | 都不会受到伤害的 | 
| [31:51] | You will remain in that circle | 只要你能信守承诺 | 
| [31:52] | as long as you hold up your agreement. | 你就能安稳地待在圈子里 | 
| [31:55] | If you choose not to, | 如果你不这么做的话 | 
| [31:57] | I guarantee that those memoirs you’re so proud of | 我保证你这引以为傲的自传 | 
| [32:00] | will end in a very dark chapter. | 会以悲剧结局 | 
| [32:07] | “It was nearly 15 years to the day | 从我的第一本书出版到现在 | 
| [32:09] | since the publication of my first book, | 已经差不多十五年了 | 
| [32:11] | the definitive work on David Clarke’s role | 这本剖析大卫·克拉克 | 
| [32:13] | in the downing of flight 197, | 在197事故中扮演的角色的著作 | 
| [32:16] | that I found myself sitting across from | 最终定稿是在我见过 | 
| [32:18] | the daughter of that now infamous man. | 这位声名狼藉者的女儿之后 | 
| [32:21] | I sat both rapt with wonder | 当时我怀着既好奇又内疚的心情 | 
| [32:24] | and besieged by guilt as Amanda recounted for me | 听阿曼达描述 | 
| [32:27] | the crushing disappointments of a life spent | 为了摆脱父亲罪行所造成的巨大阴影 | 
| [32:30] | running from the awesome shadow of her father’s misdeeds. | 她所经历的极度失望的生活 | 
| [32:34] | At the time of her father’s incarceration, | 在她父亲入狱时 | 
| [32:36] | she was just 9, | 她只有九岁 | 
| [32:38] | barely able to comprehend much less question | 几乎无法理解 更不用说去质疑 | 
| [32:41] | the charges leveled against her father. | 针对她爸爸的控诉了 | 
| [32:44] | But the Amanda Clarke that appeared before me now | 但我如今再次见到了阿曼达·克拉克 | 
| [32:47] | was all grown-up | 她已经长大成人 | 
| [32:50] | and determined to question everything. | 并坚持质疑一切 | 
| [32:54] | Her misgivings were contagious | 她的疑虑很有感染力 | 
| [32:57] | And forced me to take a long look back, | 让我回忆了许久 | 
| [33:00] | to sift through every word I had written | 仔细斟酌我写下的每一个字 | 
| [33:04] | in search of any mistakes that demanded correction. | 寻找是否有需要改正的错误 | 
| [33:08] | Could it be true? | 所写是否属实 | 
| [33:11] | Could I have been wrong about David Clarke? | 我有没有误解大卫·克拉克 | 
| [33:19] | The answer, I’m afraid to say… | 我要响亮地… | 
| [33:24] | was a resounding… | 道出我的回答 | 
| [33:26] | No. | 没有 | 
| [33:47] | Spineless, seer sucking dilettante. | 懦夫 金玉其外的伪作家 | 
| [33:49] | You know, I haven’t been this disappointed | 从《魅影危机》之后 | 
| [33:50] | since “Phantom Menace”? | 我就没这么失望过了 | 
| [33:52] | You didn’t actually think he’d come clean, did you? | 你不会真以为他会澄清一切吧 | 
| [33:54] | Well, didn’t you? | 难道你没有吗 | 
| [33:55] | No. Victoria has too much power over him. | 没有 维多利亚牢牢地控制着他 | 
| [33:57] | Then… | 那么 | 
| [33:59] | Why go to the trouble of having Amanda threaten him? | 那何必费力让阿曼达去威胁他 | 
| [34:01] | I have my reasons. | 我自有理由 | 
| [34:06] | Spill. | 说来听听 | 
| [34:08] | You just need to take him to dinner. | 你只需要请他去吃晚餐 | 
| [34:10] | Tell him you want to hire him to write your biography | 告诉他 你想请他为你写一本传记 | 
| [34:12] | and take him somewhere out of the way. | 把他支远就好 | 
| [34:15] | I’m gonna need time. | 我需要时间 | 
| [34:19] | Time for what? | 需要时间干嘛 | 
| [34:20] | You’ll know it when you see it. | 到时候你就知道了 | 
| [34:39] | So… you have anywhere special in mind? | 你有什么想去的地方吗 | 
| [34:42] | Oh, someplace cozy. | 去个舒适的地方吧 | 
| [34:44] | I prefer, uh, getting to know my subjects in intimate environments. | 我喜欢在温馨的环境里 了解我的主人公 | 
| [34:49] | This should be fun. | 会很有趣的 | 
| [35:09] | We should’ve seen a countermove like this coming. | 我们该预见会有这样的回击 | 
| [35:11] | Conrad is many things, | 康拉德有多重性格 | 
| [35:13] | paranoid first among them. | 首当其冲的就是多疑 | 
| [35:15] | The new conditions on Daniel’s trust | 尽管丹尼尔的信托基金出现了新情况 | 
| [35:17] | don’t mean we have to change our strategy. | 并不意味着我们得改变策略 | 
| [35:19] | You said Daniel broached the subject of marrying Emily. | 你说丹尼尔提出要娶艾米莉 | 
| [35:22] | Give him your blessing, take control of the company. | 祝福他 接着就能掌控公司了 | 
| [35:24] | The company is far less important to me than my son. | 对我来说 公司远没有儿子重要 | 
| [35:27] | You said this was going to be an insurance policy. | 这可不像是你所谓的保险策略 | 
| [35:29] | I’m trying to protect your future. | 我在保护你的未来 | 
| [35:31] | And I’m protecting my son’s. | 而我要保护我儿子 | 
| [35:33] | I will not have him rushing into a marriage | 我不会让他草率结婚 | 
| [35:35] | with a woman I don’t even trust. | 尤其还是跟一个我不信任的女人 | 
| [35:37] | Sounds like he’s already made up his mind. | 可听上去他已经打定主意了 | 
| [35:38] | You stand in his way, | 你如果反对他 | 
| [35:40] | you risk losing the alliance you’ve built. | 是冒险破坏你们的统一战线 | 
| [35:42] | Conrad only stipulated marriage, | 康拉德订的条款只是结婚 | 
| [35:45] | not a successful one. | 没说非要一段成功的婚姻 | 
| [35:47] | Your son wants to rush into this, | 如果你儿子想草率行事 | 
| [35:49] | let him. | 那就随他去 | 
| [35:59] | Somebody die? | 有人死了吗 | 
| [36:02] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [36:04] | Yeah, old, uptight Jack. | 那个老气保守的杰克死了 | 
| [36:08] | Look… | 听着 | 
| [36:10] | I’m sorry about the other night. | 对那晚的事 我很抱歉 | 
| [36:13] | You were just, uh… | 你只是… | 
| [36:14] | you were just trying to show everyone a good time, | 你只是想让大家都玩得开心 | 
| [36:15] | and I should’ve rolled with it. | 我应该配合你的 | 
| [36:17] | You’re not repulsed by my behavior? | 你不反感我的言行举止吗 | 
| [36:20] | No. | 不反感 | 
| [36:22] | No, actually, I envy you. | 其实 我还嫉妒你 | 
| [36:26] | You’re– you’re spontaneous and fun. | 你是这么随性 会逗人开心 | 
| [36:28] | And you got that gene that allows you to leap without looking. | 骨子里的冲动令你无所畏惧 | 
| [36:33] | I wish I was more like that. | 真希望我也能像你那样 | 
| [36:37] | You forgive me? | 你原谅我了吗 | 
| [36:38] | Depends. | 看情况 | 
| [36:41] | What’s with the bowl of cash? | 拿着这罐现金做什么 | 
| [36:43] | It’s our tips from this week. | 是这周收到的小费 | 
| [36:45] | Over 500 bucks. | 超过500块 | 
| [36:46] | Thanks to the hottest bartender in Montauk. | 这可多亏了蒙托克最火辣的酒保 | 
| [36:50] | Bull really packs the house. | 我的胡言乱语很有市场 | 
| [36:53] | Darlin’… | 亲爱的 | 
| [36:55] | find something sexy to wear, | 去穿件性感的衣服 | 
| [36:56] | ’cause I’m gonna take you to Atlantic City, | 我要带你去大西洋城 | 
| [36:57] | and you’re gonna watch me turn $500 into $5,000. | 看我如何把五百块变成五千块 | 
| [37:00] | -Serious? – As a heart attack. | -真的吗 -千真万确 | 
| [37:35] | People are fond of saying that you can’t unring a bell. | 常言道 钟声敲响 覆水难收 | 
| [37:47] | And while that may be true… | 虽然所言非虚 | 
| [37:49] | you can certainly smother its ring | 真相的钟声仍会 | 
| [37:51] | under the dull roar of conjecture and lies. | 被淹没在谎言与质疑声中 | 
| [39:05] | But some words ring out like church bells, | 然而有些言语如教堂钟声般响起 | 
| [39:08] | rising above the din, | 冲破喧嚣 | 
| [39:10] | calling us to the truth. | 指引我们真相 | 
| [39:29] | I know it’s getting late, | 我知道现在很晚了 | 
| [39:30] | but you must come in for a nightcap. | 但你一定得进来喝杯酒 | 
| [39:32] | Oh, yes, I must. | 没错 那是自然 | 
| [39:34] | I have 80-year-old bottle of Madeira | 我有瓶80年陈的马德拉白葡萄酒 | 
| [39:36] | that we can use to toast our new endeavor. | 我们该举杯预祝合作顺利 | 
| [39:42] | What in god’s name… | 怎么回事 | 
| [39:44] | No. | 不 | 
| [39:46] | No. | 不 | 
| [39:47] | No! | 不要 | 
| [39:49] | No. | 不 | 
| [39:51] | No! No! | 不 不 | 
| [39:54] | No. No! | 不 不 | 
| [39:57] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 | 
| [39:59] | Oh, no. | 不 | 
| [40:00] | No. No. | 不 不 | 
| [40:03] | Bad girl. | 真是个坏女孩 | 
| [40:04] | My manuscript is my work. | 我倾注了全部心血的手稿 | 
| [40:09] | Oh, my God. No. | 我的天啊 不 | 
| [40:22] | Hi. | 你好 | 
| [40:23] | Hi. | 你好 | 
| [40:26] | Suddenly my bed feels awfully empty and cold. | 突然觉得我的床空荡冰冷 | 
| [40:32] | I was just thinking the same thing. | 我也深有同感 | 
| [40:45] | Just so we’re clear… | 但先说清楚 | 
| [40:47] | I’m still firm on the whole “No living together” thing. | 我仍坚持婚前不同居 | 
| [40:50] | So you’re just coming to hook up and leave? | 所以你只是来勾引我一下就走吗 | 
| [40:52] | That’s the idea. | 就是这个意思 | 
| [40:55] | I’m good with that. | 我没意见 | 
| [41:18] | Some words are immortal. | 有些言语不可磨灭 | 
| [41:20] | Long-buried or even burned, | 即使掩埋已久 销毁殆尽 | 
| [41:22] | they’re destined to be reborn, | 也注定会重见天日 | 
| [41:23] | like a phoenix rising from the ashes. | 犹如凤凰涅槃 | 
| [41:31] | I’m telling you, Victoria and I were in love. | 告诉你 我和维多利亚坠入爱河 | 
| [41:34] | She was gonna leave Conrad, | 她准备离开康拉德 | 
| [41:35] | and we were gonna become a family. | 和我一起组建家庭 | 
| [41:37] | Victoria’s denying all of it. | 但维多利亚全都否认了 | 
| [41:44] | Okay. Well, they must have gotten to her somehow. | 他们肯定以某种手段钳制了她 | 
| [41:48] | It doesn’t mean anything without proof. | 没有证据 什么都说明不了 | 
| [41:51] | What about the letter she wrote me? | 那封她写给我的信呢 | 
| [41:53] | It was unsigned. | 信没有署名 | 
| [41:54] | It could’ve been sent by anybody. | 不能说明是她寄的 | 
| [41:59] | And when they do… | 而一旦重现世间 | 
| [42:02] | it can literally take your breath away. | 真相几乎令人窒息 | 
| [42:06] | Six months ago, | 六个月前 | 
| [42:09] | Victoria gave birth to a baby girl. | 维多利亚生了个女孩 | 
| [42:13] | Her name is Charlotte. | 她叫夏洛特 | 
| [42:15] | You want proof that I’m telling the truth? | 想知道我说的是不是实话 | 
| [42:19] | Ask her who the father is? | 就去问她谁是孩子的父亲 |