时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | It’s been an a quiet few month in Riverdale. | 几个月来河谷镇一直很平静 |
[00:05] | Spring slid into summer, | 春去夏来 |
[00:08] | and some semblance of normal life resumed. | 表面上已经恢复了正常的生活 |
[00:12] | The terrors of the Farm weren’t forgotten, | 农场的恐怖记忆并没有被忘记 |
[00:15] | but they had started to fade. | 但也已经淡去 |
[00:18] | Gryphons and Gargoyles | 狮鹫和石像鬼 |
[00:20] | was already becoming the stuff of suburban legend. | 已经成为市郊传说的一部分 |
[00:23] | Indeed, the big topic of conversation around town was July 4th. | 现在镇上谈论的话题都是独立日 |
[00:28] | After some debate, | 经过一番争论 |
[00:30] | it was decided that there would be | 我们决定 |
[00:31] | an Independence Day parade down Main Street, | 在主街上举行独立日游行 |
[00:33] | Riverdale’s first in three years. | 这是河谷镇三年来的第一次游行 |
[00:37] | But there would be no fireworks display over Sweetwater River. | 但是我们不会在甜水河放烟花了 |
[00:41] | The Blossoms used to sponsor them, | 这项活动原来是布鲁森家赞助的 |
[00:43] | but, without their support, the town couldn’t afford them. | 但是现在没有他们的支持 小镇负担不起 |
[00:46] | Like I said, | 我也说了 |
[00:48] | things have been pretty quiet lately. | 最近非常平静 |
[00:51] | Enough that I’d actually gotten some real writing done. | 足够让我完成一些作品 |
[00:59] | It’s beautiful. | 太棒了 |
[01:01] | It’s a beautiful story, Jug. | 这个故事真是太棒了 猪头 |
[01:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:04] | You think it’s worth submitting to the contest? | 你觉得能参加比赛吗 |
[01:06] | No, I think it’s gonna win the contest. | 不 我觉得这个故事能赢 |
[01:10] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:11] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[01:13] | Can we just stay in bed forever? | 我们能永远躺在床上吗 |
[01:18] | And if not forever, at least for the day? | 不能永远的话 至少今天可以吗 |
[01:22] | I would. | 我没问题 |
[01:24] | But don’t we have to finish building a float | 但我们不是要为你的独立日游行 |
[01:26] | for your big 4th of July parade? | 制作花车吗 |
[01:27] | It’s not my parade, it’s the town’s. | 不是我的游行 是镇上的游行 |
[01:29] | Pop’s is only sponsoring it. | 老爹快餐店只是赞助 |
[01:33] | Well… if not the day, | 不能躺一天的话 |
[01:37] | how about another hour? | 那一个小时怎么样 |
[01:39] | Hell, yeah. | 好啊 |
[01:40] | Okay, then. | 那好 |
[01:53] | Good morning, Jay-Jay. | 早上好 杰杰 |
[01:55] | Let’s see what the hot gossip in town is today. Shall we? | 我们来看看今天镇上的头条吧 |
[01:58] | 《河谷镇纪实新闻报》 独立日游行即将到来 | |
[01:58] | Then we will do the cross… word. | 然后玩玩填字游戏 |
[02:02] | What the hell! | 搞什么鬼 |
[02:04] | Over my dead body. | 除非我死了 绝对不行 |
[02:24] | Well, well, well. | 瞧瞧 |
[02:26] | Stop the presses. | 停止印刷报纸 |
[02:27] | The Riverdale rag has finally reported a story accurately. | 河谷镇垃圾报刊终于准确报道了一个事件 |
[02:30] | Not only is there going to be some hideous janky parade | 镇上不但要偷偷地举行 |
[02:33] | sneaking its way through town, | 无聊的垃圾游行 |
[02:35] | you four are the architects of this outrage. | 你们四个还是这次暴行的策划者 |
[02:37] | What’s your problem, Cheryl? | 你有意见吗 谢丽尔 |
[02:39] | My problem, Veronica, | 维罗尼卡 我的意见是 |
[02:41] | is that the 4th of July is a day of tragedy for Riverdale, | 独立日是河谷镇的悲剧纪念日 |
[02:45] | not celebration. | 不能庆祝 |
[02:46] | Or have you forgotten what happened | 还是说你们忘记了 |
[02:48] | to my poor brother Jason? | 我可怜的哥哥杰森 |
[02:49] | Cheryl, Riverdale hasn’t held a parade out of respect | 谢丽尔 河谷镇因为你哥哥的悲剧 |
[02:52] | for what happened to your brother in… | 已经好几年没举办游行了 |
[02:55] | like, years. I think it’s time… | 我觉得是时候 |
[02:57] | I mean… you don’t have to come. | 你可以不用参加 |
[03:00] | Oh, I’ll be there. | 我会参加的 |
[03:02] | Insufferable Smurf. | 难以忍受的蓝精灵 |
[03:04] | Front and center, | 我会站在正中间 |
[03:05] | with a sign of protest in one hand, | 一只手拿抗议牌 |
[03:07] | and a horn of compressed air | 另一只手拿喇叭 |
[03:08] | to silence any revelry in the other. | 压过狂欢的声音 |
[03:17] | Great. | 这下好了 |
[03:20] | Anyone hungry for breakfast? | 有人吃早饭吗 |
[03:22] | So, camping this weekend, are we still on? | 这周末的露营还去吗 |
[03:25] | I’m open, | 我有空 |
[03:27] | but what are we talking about here? Like… | 但是现在说的是什么情况 |
[03:29] | The woods. | 去树林露营 |
[03:30] | But remember, this could… | 但是请记住 这可能 |
[03:32] | possibly be our last summer to do this, | 是我们最后一次暑假露营 |
[03:33] | because next year we’ll be getting ready to go to college. | 因为明年我们就要上大学了 |
[03:37] | And if anyone is scared of bears, well, don’t be, | 如果有人害怕熊 别担心 |
[03:39] | because Archie’s been attacked | 你看亚奇被袭击了 |
[03:42] | like, what, multiple times and still survived. | 那么多次都没死 |
[03:44] | Hey, I wear my scars proudly. | 那些疤都是我的骄傲 |
[03:52] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[04:10] | Archie… | 亚奇 |
[04:24] | I, uh, talked to the sheriff up in Cherry Creek, and… | 我和樱桃溪的警长谈过了 |
[04:30] | Sounds like… | 好像 |
[04:32] | what happened was Fred was… | 费雷德当时 |
[04:35] | driving home to Riverdale when he… | 开车回河谷镇 然后 |
[04:39] | He pulled over to help someone’s car | 有辆车停在路边 |
[04:42] | that was stalled on the side of the road, and, uh… | 他停下车去帮忙 |
[04:47] | Another vehicle… | 另一辆车 |
[04:50] | came upon them way too fast and… | 开得太快了 |
[04:55] | He was struck by it. | 撞到了他 |
[04:56] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[04:59] | I’m sorry, Mary. | 对不起 玛丽 |
[05:01] | I’m sorry, Archie. | 对不起 亚奇 |
[05:03] | Did the other car stop? | 那辆车停了吗 |
[05:06] | The one that… | 那个撞… |
[05:09] | So, it was a hit-and-run? | 那辆车肇事逃逸了 |
[05:13] | We have to find out who did it, we have to catch them. | 我们得找出是谁干的 必须抓住他们 |
[05:15] | No, Red, | 不 红发小子 |
[05:17] | you don’t even think about that right now. | 你现在想都不要去想 |
[05:19] | And I’ll work with the sheriff’s office up in Cherry Creek | 我会和樱桃溪的警局合作 |
[05:21] | and make sure all this is taken care of, | 确保妥善处理这次事故 |
[05:23] | you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[05:26] | So, what happens now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[05:29] | Have you decided on a burial or cremation? | 你们想土葬还是火葬 |
[05:32] | Burial. | 土葬 |
[05:33] | There’s a plot, next to his father, | 他父亲的墓旁有块地 |
[05:35] | Artie Andrews. | 阿蒂·安德鲁斯 |
[05:36] | Arthur Andrews. | 亚瑟·安德鲁斯 |
[05:40] | Since we’re transporting the body from upstate, | 因为我们要把尸体从北边运过来 |
[05:43] | there will be an additional cost of $9,000. | 所以要加九千块的费用 |
[05:47] | Whatever needs to be done. | 该怎样就怎样 |
[05:49] | However much it costs. | 不管要花多少钱 |
[05:52] | The driver that makes these trips for us, | 殡仪车的司机 |
[05:54] | isn’t available until July 5th because of the holiday. | 因为假期的缘故 七月五日才上班 |
[05:57] | Then we’ll have the interment on the 6th, if that’s all right? | 那我们六号下葬 可以吗 |
[06:03] | Hey, do you remember that treehouse your dad helped us build? | 你还记得你爸帮我们建的树屋吗 |
[06:07] | You mean, the one he built for us? | 你是说他一个人建的树屋吗 |
[06:09] | I remember you fell out of it, Reg. | 我记得你从上面掉下来过 雷吉 |
[06:11] | And broke my arm. | 胳膊都摔断了 |
[06:13] | Your dad drove me to the hospital. | 你爸开车送我去的医院 |
[06:16] | I remember this one time, | 我记得有一次 |
[06:20] | this time we were having a picnic, | 我们在野餐 |
[06:23] | when we were still in grade school in Pickens Park, | 当时我们还在皮肯斯公园上小学 |
[06:27] | and there was a father-daughter potato-sack race. | 有一场父女土豆袋比赛 |
[06:32] | Uh, my dad… | 我爸 |
[06:36] | I don’t know where he was, | 我不知道他当时去哪了 |
[06:37] | but Mr. Andrews said that he would do it with me. | 但安德鲁斯先生说他愿意和我一组 |
[06:44] | So, he was my dad for the day. | 所以 那天他成了我的爸爸 |
[06:49] | When things started getting bad with my dad and drinking, | 我爸之前酗酒颓废的时候 |
[06:53] | my mom would call up Fred… for help. | 我妈就打电话给费雷德寻求帮助 |
[06:58] | And he would drive to the bar, | 他会开车去酒吧 |
[07:01] | and he would pick up my dad and he’d lay him on the couch. | 把我爸接回来 放在沙发上 |
[07:06] | And he’d always stay a little while… | 他总是要再待一会 |
[07:09] | just to talk to me… | 和我聊聊 |
[07:13] | to see how I was doing in school, and… | 看看我在学校的表现 还问我 |
[07:15] | if I’d eaten dinner. | 有没有吃过晚饭 |
[07:19] | He just wanted to know if I was hungry. | 他只是想知道我饿了没 |
[07:22] | I always was. | 我当时一直都很饿 |
[07:26] | Your dad was such a gentleman, Archie. | 你爸真绅士 亚奇 |
[07:28] | He was the best. | 他最棒了 |
[07:30] | He built and donated all the sets for the musicals. | 他为了音乐剧 制作并捐赠了所有的布景 |
[07:36] | You don’t have to, but… | 你可以不说 但 |
[07:39] | do you have any memories you want to share? | 你有什么回忆想分享一下吗 |
[07:44] | I remember going to, uh… | 我记得 |
[07:47] | Going to Sears with him, | 和他一起去过西尔斯公司 |
[07:48] | just so I could ride the tractors. | 就是为了让我开拖拉机 |
[07:58] | He taught me everything. | 我所学的一切都是他教的 |
[08:02] | Taught me how to play football, | 他教我怎么打橄榄球 |
[08:05] | baseball, pretty much every other sport. | 棒球 几乎所有的运动 |
[08:10] | We fixed up the jalopy together. | 我们一起修好了老爷车 |
[08:15] | He bought me my first guitar. | 他给我买了第一把吉他 |
[08:19] | He even sound-proofed the garage just so… | 他甚至对车库做了隔音处理 就是为了… |
[08:26] | Hey, Archie. | 亚奇 |
[08:27] | I’m good. I just… | 我没事 我只是 |
[08:29] | I’m wiped out, you guys. | 我累了 各位 |
[08:30] | Could we call it a day? | 就聊到这儿吧 |
[08:32] | Yeah. | 好 |
[09:33] | Grandpa Artie? | 阿蒂爷爷 |
[09:36] | Archie. | 亚奇 |
[09:38] | Everyone’s waiting. | 大家都在等 |
[09:40] | Where’s your dad? | 你爸呢 |
[09:42] | I thought… | 我以为 |
[09:45] | I thought he was already with you. | 我以为他已经跟你走了 |
[09:46] | No. | 不 |
[09:48] | No, come see for yourself. | 不 你自己过来看看 |
[10:16] | Where’s Dad? | 老爸呢 |
[10:19] | Archie, | 亚奇 |
[10:21] | you were supposed to get him. | 你本该去接他的 |
[10:28] | Archie? | 亚奇 |
[10:34] | I have to go get my dad. | 我得去接我爸 |
[10:37] | What? What do you mean? | 什么 什么意思 |
[10:39] | I have to bring him home. | 我得带他回家 |
[11:04] | She’s all yours, bro. | 她是你的了 老弟 |
[11:06] | How do you even have a hearse, Reggie? | 你怎么会有辆殡仪车 雷吉 |
[11:08] | It’s been sitting on the lot for two years. | 车库里放两年了 |
[11:10] | No one wants to buy it. | 没人买 |
[11:11] | Well, I owe you, Reg. | 我欠你的 雷吉 |
[11:12] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[11:13] | And you guys, I’m sorry for calling so late. | 抱歉这么晚把大家叫来 |
[11:16] | It’s really not a problem, man. | 这都不是事 兄弟 |
[11:17] | I just… I don’t want my dad | 我只是 我不想我爸 |
[11:19] | stuck in some weird town. | 被困在某个诡异的小镇 |
[11:22] | And I can’t wait for after July 4th | 我不能等他们 |
[11:23] | for them to bring him back. | 七月四号才带他回来 |
[11:25] | He’d want to be home, I know that. | 他想回家 我知道的 |
[11:42] | Hi, I’m Archie Andrews. | 我是亚奇·安德鲁斯 |
[11:44] | My dad, Fred Andrews | 我爸 费雷德·安德鲁斯 |
[11:45] | was in an accident off the freeway yesterday. | 昨天在高速上出了车祸 |
[11:47] | Oh, yeah. I heard about that. | 我听说了 |
[11:50] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 我很遗憾 |
[11:51] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢您 |
[11:53] | I was wondering if you found the person responsible yet. | 我想知道你们是否已经找到了肇事者 |
[11:57] | We got a description of the car that hit your dad. | 我们得到了肇事车辆的外观描述 |
[12:00] | The make and the model, | 品牌和车型 |
[12:01] | but no plate number. | 但没有车牌号 |
[12:02] | Nothing yet. But, we’re not giving up. | 暂时没有进展 但我们还在调查 |
[12:08] | Hello. | 喂 |
[12:10] | Uh, what happened to my dad’s truck? | 我爸的卡车下落呢 |
[12:12] | It’s still at the accident site, | 还在案发现场 |
[12:13] | parked on the side of the road. | 停在路边 |
[12:15] | Okay. Would you mind showing me where that is? | 好的 您能指一下在哪儿吗 |
[12:22] | It’s a few miles south on Route 80, | 在八十号公路以南几公里 |
[12:24] | right about… here. | 大概在这儿 |
[12:28] | The keys are with the rest of your father’s belongings | 钥匙在你父亲的遗物中 |
[12:29] | at the funeral home. | 在殡仪馆 |
[12:33] | That was them actually. They’re ready for us. | 是他们打来的 我们可以过去了 |
[12:37] | Thank you, Deputy. | 谢谢您 警官 |
[12:39] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[12:40] | You hang in there, okay? | 要挺住啊 |
[12:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:48] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[12:50] | I’m Veronica Lodge. We just spoke. | 我是维罗尼卡·洛奇 刚通过电话 |
[12:52] | This is Archie Andrews. He is… | 这位是亚奇·安德鲁斯 他是 |
[12:54] | I’m Fred Andrews’ son. | 我是费雷德·安德鲁斯的儿子 |
[12:55] | Yes. Of course, my condolences. | 当然 我知道 请节哀 |
[12:58] | How can I help you, Mr. Andrews? | 我能为你做点什么 安德鲁斯先生 |
[13:01] | I want to bring my dad home. | 我想带我父亲回家 |
[13:06] | It was my understanding | 据我所知 |
[13:07] | the deceased would be transported to Riverdale on the 5th. | 死者将在五号被送往河谷镇 |
[13:10] | I know. That’s… It’s not right, I… | 我知道 但我… |
[13:14] | I want him home. | 我想让他回家 |
[13:16] | And I want to be the one who brings him home. Today. | 而且我想亲自带他回家 就今天 |
[13:20] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[13:22] | But I’m afraid that’s not possible. | 但恐怕不行 |
[13:29] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:30] | Hey, Mom. | 妈 |
[13:32] | Archie, aren’t you upstairs in your bedroom? | 亚奇 你没在楼上卧室吗 |
[13:34] | No, I’m in Cherry Creek. | 不 我在樱桃溪 |
[13:36] | I came up to pick up Dad. | 我来接老爸 |
[13:38] | What? | 什么 |
[13:39] | I’m sorry, I didn’t think… | 抱歉 |
[13:41] | The funeral home up here won’t release Dad to me. | 殡仪馆这边不肯放人 |
[13:44] | Something about me being underage. | 因为我未成年 |
[13:48] | Please… | 求你 |
[13:50] | I really don’t want to leave Dad here. | 我真不想把老爸留在这 |
[13:53] | Put me on the phone with whoever’s in charge. | 把电话给管事的人 让我来说 |
[14:00] | I see. | 好的 |
[14:03] | No, that won’t be necessary, Mrs. Andrews. | 没有必要 安德鲁斯女士 |
[14:07] | Of course, I’ll just need you to sign an authorization form– | 当然 我只是需要你签份授权书 |
[14:11] | No, I’ll do it right now. | 不 我现在就去做 |
[14:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:17] | I’ll just go get your father’s personal effects then. | 我去拿你父亲的私人物品 |
[14:20] | There was a set of truck keys. | 有一串车钥匙 |
[14:22] | They’re in there. | 和私人物品一起 |
[14:24] | I’m going to need two to three hours | 我需要两三个小时 |
[14:26] | to get him ready for transport. | 替他做好转移的准备 |
[14:28] | You can wait here or you can come back at noon. | 你们可以在这里等 也可以中午回来 |
[14:32] | Can I see him? | 我能见见他吗 |
[14:35] | Archie, you don’t have to. | 亚奇 你不必这么做 |
[14:37] | What if they made a mistake, you guys? | 如果他们弄错了呢 |
[14:41] | I’d like to see my father. | 我想见我父亲 |
[14:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:44] | He’s just in the next room, if you’d like to follow me. | 他就在隔壁房间 请跟我来吧 |
[15:13] | Archie… | 亚奇 |
[15:25] | I thought– | 他不是 |
[15:26] | Archie changed his mind. | 亚奇改变主意了 |
[15:29] | But he asked us to make sure it’s him. | 但是他叫我们来确认这是他爸 |
[16:04] | Jug, one thing you can help me with… | 猪头 有一件事你可以帮帮我 |
[16:07] | Anything. | 任何事都行 |
[16:08] | My dad’s obituary. | 我爸的讣告 |
[16:11] | Could you write it? | 你能写吗 |
[16:13] | For the Register? | 登在《纪实新闻报》上 |
[16:14] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:24] | Is it him? | 是他吗 |
[16:29] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[16:32] | I have his belongings. | 我拿到他的私人物品了 |
[16:36] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[16:40] | Yeah, Arch. | 确定 亚奇 |
[16:43] | It’s your dad. | 是你爸 |
[16:53] | Mrs. Andrews, | 安德鲁斯女士 |
[16:54] | we heard the news, and… | 我们听说了 |
[16:56] | we’re so, so sorry about Mr. Andrews. | 我们对安德鲁斯先生的事感到很难过 |
[16:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:02] | Mrs. Andrews… | 安德鲁斯女士 |
[17:05] | when my brother Jason died, I felt… supremely alone. | 我哥哥杰森过世的时候 我觉得非常孤单 |
[17:11] | My world was only | 我的世界只剩下 |
[17:13] | darkness and despair. | 黑暗与绝望 |
[17:17] | I don’t want you or Archie | 我不希望你或亚奇 |
[17:19] | to ever feel anything even remotely like that. | 有一丝丝这种感觉 |
[17:24] | So… | 所以 |
[17:26] | with your blessing, | 希望得到你的同意 |
[17:28] | there’s something I’d like to do for your family. | 我想为你的家人做点事 |
[17:31] | For when Archie returns. | 为亚奇回来时做准备 |
[18:29] | 高水准 最好的咀嚼烟草 | |
[19:13] | Can we help you? | 有事吗 |
[19:18] | No. Uh, I’m just paying my respects. | 没 我只是来表达敬意的 |
[19:21] | How do you know what happened here? | 你怎么知道这里发生了什么事 |
[19:25] | Wait, are… | 等等 你… |
[19:27] | Are you Archie? | 你是亚奇吗 |
[19:29] | How do you know my name? | 你怎么知道我的名字 |
[19:33] | Your father told me. | 是你父亲告诉我的 |
[19:39] | One of my tires blew, and, uh… | 我的轮胎爆了 |
[19:43] | I was stranded out here. | 我在这里走不了 |
[19:47] | You’re the one he was helping. | 他帮的人是你 |
[19:55] | I think cars, just you know, they kept… | 那些车子一直… |
[19:58] | They kept whizzing by, | 路人的车子都呼啸而过 |
[19:59] | nobody would stop, but your dad did… | 没人停车 但是你父亲停下了 |
[20:06] | He talked about you the entire time. | 他帮我的时候一直在说你 |
[20:10] | Just… his son… | 他的儿子 |
[20:12] | How… | 他怎么会 |
[20:14] | He couldn’t believe that a man like him | 他不敢相信像他这样的人 |
[20:15] | was blessed with such a thoughtful, kind boy. | 会有这么体贴又善良的儿子 |
[20:19] | You were with him when he… | 他出事的时候 你和他在一起 |
[20:22] | We were working on the tire… | 我们当时正在弄轮胎 |
[20:26] | and a car just… | 然后一辆车就这样… |
[20:28] | It came out of nowhere, speeding and… | 不知道从哪冒出来的 速度飞快 |
[20:34] | Sorry. I just… | 对不起 我… |
[20:37] | I froze in its path and your dad, he just… | 我僵住了 你爸他… |
[20:40] | He pushed me out of the way. | 他把我推到旁边 |
[20:45] | He saved my life. | 他救了我 |
[20:51] | If he hadn’t done what he did, | 如果他没这么做 |
[20:53] | there is no way that I would be here right now. | 我现在不可能在这里了 |
[20:54] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[21:00] | I am so sorry. | 真的很对不起 |
[21:02] | There is nothing I could do to ever repay him, but… | 我无以为报 但是… |
[21:08] | But I would like to say a prayer for him. | 但是我想为他祷告 |
[21:14] | May be you’d like to join me. | 你和我一起吧 |
[21:26] | Our Father who art in heaven, | 我们在天上的父 |
[21:30] | hallowed be thy name. | 愿人都尊你的名为圣 |
[21:32] | Thy kingdom come, | 愿父的国降临 |
[21:34] | thy will be done, | 愿你的旨意成就 |
[21:36] | on Earth as it is in heaven. | 如同行在天上 |
[21:38] | Give us this day our daily bread, | 求你今日赐给我们日用的饮食 |
[21:42] | and forgive us for our trespasses | 赦免我们的过犯 |
[21:45] | as we forgave those who trespass against us. | 像我们从前赦免那些过犯我们的人一样 |
[21:50] | Lead us not to temptation but deliver us from evil. | 不叫我们遇见试探 救我们脱离凶恶 |
[21:54] | For thine is the kingdom and the power, | 因为国度 权柄 荣耀 |
[21:58] | the glory, for ever and ever. | 都是你的 直到永远 |
[22:00] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[22:16] | Guys, my dad saved that woman’s life. | 我爸救了那个女人的命 |
[22:22] | A total stranger. | 彻头彻尾的陌生人 |
[22:25] | I mean, he sacrificed himself for her. | 他为了她牺牲了自己 |
[22:30] | That’s an incredible thing, Archie. | 这真的很了不起 亚奇 |
[22:33] | He died a hero. | 他死得很英勇 |
[22:35] | Why did he have to be one? | 为什么偏偏是他 |
[22:38] | Why this time? | 为什么这次 |
[22:39] | Why… Why did he have to stop? | 为什么他要停下来 |
[22:40] | Why couldn’t he just kept driving like everyone else? | 为什么他不能像别人那样径直开过去 |
[22:42] | Because your dad helped people. | 因为你爸乐于助人 |
[22:47] | That’s just who he was. | 他就是这样的人 |
[22:48] | Yeah, and it got him killed. | 是的 而这害死了他 |
[22:52] | He died on the side of the road… | 他死在路边 |
[22:56] | waiting for an ambulance. | 等救护车来 |
[22:57] | Without his family, without his friends. | 身边没有家人 没有朋友 |
[23:01] | I’m sorry, but that’s… That’s not heroic, that’s… | 对不起 但这不是见义勇为 |
[23:04] | That’s senseless. | 而是愚蠢 |
[23:06] | I promise you, | 我向你保证 |
[23:08] | that is not true. | 不是这样的 |
[23:12] | Arch? | 亚奇 |
[23:12] | I’m just going outside. Need some air. | 我出去一下 透透气 |
[23:39] | Archie? | 亚奇 |
[23:40] | Yeah. Yes. | 是的 对 |
[23:42] | They found him. | 他们找到他了 |
[23:44] | What? | 什么 |
[23:45] | The guy who killed my dad? | 害死我爸的人 |
[23:46] | He turned himself in an hour ago. | 他一小时之前自首了 |
[23:49] | Who is he, Mr. Jones? | 是谁 琼斯先生 |
[23:51] | His name’s George Augustine. | 他叫乔治·奥古斯汀 |
[23:53] | He lives in Cherry Creek. No priors. | 他住在樱桃溪 没有前科 |
[23:55] | Is he in jail? | 他被抓起来了吗 |
[23:56] | No. | 没有 |
[23:57] | He, uh… He made bail and was released. | 他保释了 刚刚释放 |
[24:00] | What? He’s out? | 什么 他出来了 |
[24:01] | He should be rotting in a cell, Mr. Jones. | 他应该死在监狱里 琼斯先生 |
[24:04] | He will be, but this is how it works. | 他会的 但是流程就是这样 |
[24:06] | And, for what it’s worth, | 不管怎么说 |
[24:07] | the Chief told me the guy’s real broken up about it. So… | 警长告诉我 这个家伙因为这事崩溃了 |
[24:09] | He killed my father. | 他杀了我父亲 |
[24:10] | Your dad’s going to get justice, I promise you. | 我向你保证 他会得到公正审判的 |
[24:13] | Yeah. You’re right. He will get justice. | 你说得对 他会得到公正审判的 |
[24:15] | – I promise you. – Archie, where are you? | -我向你保证 -亚奇 你在哪 |
[25:04] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[25:06] | Are you George Augustine? | 你是乔治·奥古斯汀吗 |
[25:08] | Yes, what can I– | 是的 有事… |
[25:11] | Fred Andrews… | 费雷德·安德鲁斯 |
[25:13] | Wait– | 等等 |
[25:14] | That’s the man you killed. | 就是你害死的那个人 |
[25:16] | My father. Fred Andrews. | 我父亲 费雷德·安德鲁斯 |
[25:19] | You hit him with your car and you kept driving. | 你开车撞了他 然后逃逸了 |
[25:22] | You left him there to die. You coward! | 你让他在那等死 你个懦夫 |
[25:24] | Son, listen to me… | 孩子 听我说 |
[25:26] | No! | 不 |
[25:28] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[25:30] | You took away the only man who can call me that. | 唯一一个可以这样称呼我的人被你夺走了 |
[25:35] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么那么做 |
[25:38] | Were you on your phone? Were you drunk? | 你当时是在打电话吗 你是酒驾吗 |
[25:40] | What were you doing when you murdered him? | 你害死他的时候在干什么 |
[25:45] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[25:46] | – Tell me or I swear I will kill you! – Hey, stop! | -告诉我 不然我发誓我会杀了你 -住手 |
[25:50] | He didn’t do it. | 不是他干的 |
[25:53] | What? | 什么 |
[25:53] | He didn’t do anything wrong. | 他什么都没做错 |
[25:55] | Jeffrey, get upstairs. | 杰夫瑞 上楼去 |
[25:58] | What’s he talking about? What do you mean? | 他在说什么 你什么意思 |
[26:00] | He told the police he did it… | 他告诉警察是他干的 |
[26:03] | to protect me, but it wasn’t him. | 是为了保护我 但不是他做的 |
[26:06] | Okay, it… | 是… |
[26:07] | It was me. | 是我 |
[26:09] | It was my fault. | 是我的错 |
[26:11] | I took the car when I wasn’t supposed to, | 我不应该开走那辆车 |
[26:13] | I… I… | 我… |
[26:16] | I don’t even have my license. | 我甚至都没有驾照 |
[26:23] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:26] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:52] | Archie. | 亚奇 |
[26:53] | You had us really worried. | 我们很担心你 |
[26:55] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[26:58] | How’d you know where I was? | 你们怎么知道我在这里 |
[27:01] | My dad called. He had a bad feeling. | 我爸打了电话 他有种不好的预感 |
[27:05] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[27:07] | I, uh… | 我 |
[27:11] | I came looking for… | 我来这里找… |
[27:16] | But he’s just this dumb kid. | 但他就是一个小孩 |
[27:19] | Who is? | 谁 |
[27:20] | The kid driving the car, hit my dad… | 开车的那个孩子 他撞了我爸 |
[27:24] | He’s this stupid… | 他很傻 |
[27:27] | terrified… | 吓坏了 |
[27:30] | It’s something that I would’ve done. | 我可能也会做出这种事 |
[27:35] | Taking the car out without permission. | 未经允许就把车开走 |
[27:37] | Hell, I did it a dozen times, and his dad was… | 我都这样做过好多次了 他爸… |
[27:43] | was protecting him. | 只是在保护他 |
[27:46] | The same way mine would’ve. | 我爸也会这样做 |
[27:53] | I don’t know what the hell I’m doing, you guys. | 我也不知道自己在干什么 |
[27:55] | I can’t believe I’m here, I can’t believe I did this. | 我不敢相信自己在这里 做出这种事 |
[28:02] | I’m a terrible son. | 我是个糟糕的儿子 |
[28:12] | You’re not a terrible son. | 你不是个糟糕的儿子 |
[28:16] | I just went into a stranger’s house | 我闯进了一个陌生人的房子 |
[28:17] | and almost hurt an innocent man. | 还差点伤害了一个无辜的人 |
[28:19] | I think… | 我想 |
[28:21] | your father would understand… | 在这种情况下 |
[28:24] | under these circumstances. | 你父亲会理解的 |
[28:26] | All we ever did was fight, Ronnie. | 我们总是在吵架 罗尼 |
[28:29] | I lied to him constantly. | 我总是对他撒谎 |
[28:33] | He would be ashamed of me, I’m ashamed of me. | 他会为我感到羞耻 我自己也感到羞耻 |
[28:36] | Archie, listen to me. | 亚奇 听我说 |
[28:41] | Your dad loved you | 你爸爱你 |
[28:43] | more than anyone and anything else. | 胜过任何人和任何事 |
[28:48] | Whenever he looked at you, | 他看着你的时候 |
[28:50] | there was pride in his eyes. | 眼中总是充满了自豪 |
[28:54] | He was proud of you. | 他为你感到自豪 |
[28:59] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该做什么 |
[29:01] | I do. | 我知道 |
[29:06] | Come here. | 过来 |
[29:09] | You’re gonna finish what you started. | 你要实现自己的诺言 |
[29:13] | You’re gonna bring your dad home. | 把你爸带回家 |
[29:20] | The hearse is behind the funeral home, | 殡仪车在殡仪馆后面 |
[29:21] | ready to go. | 随时可以出发 |
[29:22] | Ronnie and I will take it. | 我和罗尼会把车开走 |
[29:24] | You guys take my dad’s truck back? | 你们能把我爸的货车开回去吗 |
[29:25] | Of course, Arch. | 当然 亚奇 |
[29:27] | We’ll just follow you guys. | 我们会跟着你们 |
[29:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:53] | Everything all right, Mr. Jones? | 一切都还好吗 琼斯先生 |
[29:55] | Everything’s good, Red. | 一切都好 红发小子 |
[29:56] | I, uh, heard what you, and Jug, and the girls were up to, | 我听说了你和猪头还有姑娘们做的事 |
[30:00] | and I wanted to be a part of it. | 我想帮忙 |
[30:03] | I’d like to give your dad a police escort the rest of the way home, | 如果你同意的话 我想在接下来的路上 |
[30:06] | if you’re okay with that. | 为你父亲提供警方护送 |
[30:08] | He deserves it. | 这是他应得的 |
[30:12] | Yes, sir. | 好的 |
[30:14] | – All right. Follow me then. – Yeah. | -好 跟着我 -好的 |
[30:38] | 欢迎回家 费雷德 我们永远不会忘记你 费雷德 | |
[31:46] | I couldn’t leave him there, Mom. | 我不能把他留在那 妈 |
[31:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:53] | I brought Dad home. | 我把老爸带回家了 |
[31:54] | You did. | 你做到了 |
[31:57] | You sure did. | 你做到了 |
[32:01] | I’m so proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[32:04] | I know he would be, too. | 我知道他也会的 |
[32:08] | *Amazing Grace* | *奇异恩典* |
[32:13] | *How sweet the sound* | *何等甘甜* |
[32:19] | *That saved a wretch like me* | *我罪已得赦免* |
[32:31] | *I once was lost* | *前我迷失* |
[32:37] | *But now am found* | *今被寻回* |
[32:43] | *T’was blind* | *曾经盲目* |
[32:46] | *But now* | *但如今* |
[32:48] | *I see* | *重又得见* |
[32:54] | *T’was blind* | *曾经盲目* |
[32:58] | *But now* | *但如今* |
[33:00] | *I see* | *重又得见* |
[33:07] | And now… | 下面 |
[33:09] | Fred’s son, Archie, would like to say a few words. | 费雷德的儿子亚奇有些话想说 |
[33:30] | Uh, earlier I was thinking… | 刚才在开车来这里的路上 |
[33:33] | on the drive over here… | 我一直在想… |
[33:36] | how much of Riverdale my dad built… | 河谷镇有多少是我爸建造 |
[33:38] | or just fixed up. | 或修缮的 |
[33:42] | Houses, office buildings… | 住宅 办公楼 |
[33:45] | A bit of everything. | 什么都有 |
[33:49] | He helped build this town. | 他出力建设这座小镇 |
[33:55] | And one day if I’m lucky enough | 将来我如果有幸 |
[33:56] | to have a son or a daughter of my own… | 有了自己的孩子 |
[34:01] | I’ll be able to point to a building | 我就能指着一栋建筑 |
[34:03] | or even just a brick in the building, and say, | 或者哪怕建筑上的一块砖 说道 |
[34:07] | “Your grandpa made that… | “那是你祖父… |
[34:09] | with his hands.” | 亲手建造的” |
[34:16] | It’s the 4th of July. | 今天是独立日 |
[34:20] | I remember this one 4th… | 我记得有一年独立日 |
[34:22] | it was raining. | 因为下雨 |
[34:25] | The fireworks show was canceled, | 焰火表演取消了 |
[34:28] | and, uh, I was so bummed, | 我沮丧极了 |
[34:30] | I remember sitting in the backyard just bawling… | 记得自己坐在后院嚎啕大哭 |
[34:34] | Until my dad came home with all these fireworks. | 直到我爸弄了一大堆烟花回来 |
[34:37] | I mean, enough to burn our house down, | 多得足以把我家烧光 |
[34:39] | you remember that, Mom? | 你还记得那次吗 妈 |
[34:45] | And, uh… | 然后 |
[34:49] | we lit them in the backyard, | 我们一起在后院放烟花 |
[34:50] | it was just… it was the best night. | 那个夜晚无比美好 |
[34:56] | My dad was here for every high and every low. | 我爸陪我我经历了所有高潮和低谷 |
[35:02] | He’s the greatest man I’ve ever known. | 他是我认识的最伟大的人 |
[35:09] | It hurts me that I never got to say goodbye. | 没来得及道别 让我很难过 |
[35:15] | That I won’t get to see him again or talk to him. | 我再也见不到他 也不能和他说话了 |
[35:23] | But his spirit and his memory lives on… | 但他的精神和记忆永存 |
[35:26] | in this town, and in everyone he’s met. | 在这座小镇 在认识他的每个人心中 |
[35:31] | Fred Andrews will always be a part of Riverdale. | 费雷德·安德鲁斯永远是河谷镇的一部分 |
[35:37] | I love you so much, Dad. | 我好爱你 老爸 |
[35:45] | Excuse me, Mrs. Fisher? | 打扰一下 费希尔女士 |
[35:48] | Wonderful service, didn’t you think? | 仪式办得很美 你觉得呢 |
[35:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:51] | It was. | 的确 |
[35:54] | I’d like to discuss the payment with you. | 我想和你商量一下付款的事 |
[35:56] | It’s already been taken care of. | 已经付过了 |
[35:58] | By Mrs. Andrews? | 安德鲁斯女士付的吗 |
[35:59] | I… I didn’t want her… | 我不想让她… |
[36:01] | paying for any of this. | 付这些钱 |
[36:02] | No, by your father. | 不 你父亲付的 |
[36:04] | He paid the bill in full. | 他付清了账单 |
[36:57] | How do you sum up the life of a man like Fred Andrews? | 如何概括费雷德·安德鲁斯的一生 |
[37:01] | You could start with the facts. | 可以先从生平开始 |
[37:03] | That he was born at Riverdale General Hospital. | 他出生在河谷镇综合医院 |
[37:06] | That his parents were Arthur and Virginia Andrews. | 父母是亚瑟·安德鲁斯和弗吉尼娅·安德鲁斯 |
[37:10] | That he led the Riverdale High baseball team | 他带领河谷镇高中棒球队 |
[37:12] | to two consecutive state championships. | 连续两年夺得州锦标赛冠军 |
[37:15] | Took over the family business at 18. | 18岁接管家族生意 |
[37:17] | Got married, had a son, settled down. | 已婚 育有一子 已定居 |
[37:20] | And while others were rushing to get out of Riverdale, | 就在其他人都忙着离开河谷镇的时候 |
[37:23] | Fred was setting down roots. | 费雷德扎根于此 |
[37:26] | When our town saw a pariah, and closed its doors, | 当小镇居民看到贱民 关上大门时 |
[37:29] | Fred saw a lost soul, and opened his. | 费雷德看到的是迷失的灵魂 敞开家门 |
[37:34] | There was always room at his table, | 他的餐桌上 他的家中 |
[37:36] | in his home, for others. | 总会给他人留有位置 |
[37:39] | Whenever our town was under attack, | 无论我们的小镇何时遭到攻击 |
[37:41] | Fred was on the front line, | 费雷德都会冲在前线 |
[37:42] | fighting for it, defending it. | 保卫小镇 为它而战 |
[37:45] | He was our Good Samaritan. | 他就是我们的慈善家 |
[37:47] | Our George Bailey. | 我们的乔治·贝利 |
[37:48] | Our knight in flannel armor. | 我们身穿法兰绒盔甲的骑士 |
[37:50] | Oh, and by the way, he was a hell of a good tipper. | 顺便一提 他给小费也很大方 |
[37:53] | Damn right, he was. | 太对了 的确是 |
[37:55] | Fred left Riverdale better than when he found it. | 费雷德留下的河谷镇远胜于他初来时的模样 |
[37:59] | That’s his legacy. | 这是他的传承 |
[38:08] | Mom? | 妈 |
[38:11] | We’re about to start. You ready? | 我们要开始了 你准备好了吗 |
[39:44] | Imagine if everyone was even half as good as my dad was. | 真希望每个人哪怕只有我爸一半这么好 |
[39:50] | You already are, Archie. | 你已经够好了 亚奇 |
[39:53] | No, not yet. | 不 还没有 |
[39:56] | But I’m gonna honor him. | 但我会纪念他 |
[40:01] | I’m gonna honor his memory every day. | 我每天都会怀念他 |