时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Jughead? | 猪头 |
[00:04] | Moose! | 穆斯 |
[00:05] | What the hell? | 我靠 |
[00:07] | Wait, are you my roommate? | 等等 你是我的室友吗 |
[00:08] | Hermione Lodge, | 赫敏·洛奇 |
[00:09] | you’re under arrest for conspiracy to commit murder. | 你因为共谋杀人被捕了 |
[00:11] | Your own husband’s. | 谋杀亲夫 |
[00:12] | Mija, I’m not paying for your crimes. | 亲爱的 我不会替你顶罪 |
[00:15] | I told the world what you are. | 我告诉大家 你是谁 |
[00:17] | Deal with it. | 自己受着吧 |
[00:18] | I think you’d make an excellent candidate | 我觉得你在初级联调局训练项目中 |
[00:20] | for the Junior FBI Training Program. | 会有很出色的表现 |
[00:22] | So are you warming up to our half-brother now? | 和同父异母哥哥的关系开始缓和了 |
[00:24] | Yeah. Kind of. | 算是吧 |
[00:25] | I’m just glad that Charles was there for you. | 幸亏你有查尔斯 |
[00:28] | Didn’t we say we were gonna turn this place | 我们不是说要把这里 |
[00:29] | into a community center? | 改造成社区中心吗 |
[00:30] | Feels like it’s time. | 是时候了 |
[00:31] | No one is safe here. | 在这里人人自危 |
[00:32] | Is that really the town that you want to invest in? | 你真的要投资这样的镇子吗 |
[00:35] | You’re not actually considering | 你不会真的想 |
[00:36] | fighting crime in those tights, are you? | 打扮成这样打击犯罪吧 |
[00:38] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[00:40] | I’m going to need a mask. | 我还需要一个面具 |
[00:43] | They say every town gets the hero it deserves. | 俗话说每个城镇都需要一个英雄 |
[00:46] | Riverdale’s was Archie Andrews. | 河谷镇的英雄是亚奇·安德鲁斯 |
[00:49] | High school athlete by day, | 白天是高中生运动员 |
[00:51] | would-be crime fighter by night. | 晚上则自封正义斗士 |
[00:53] | Patrolling the shadows of Sketch Alley, | 在南区码头黑暗的可疑巷巡逻 |
[00:55] | down by the Southside Docks, where Archie’s community center is. | 亚奇的社区中心就在那里 |
[00:59] | You wouldn’t want to be caught there too long after dark. | 天黑后不要在那里逗留太久 |
[01:02] | That’s when the rats came out. | 因为老鼠要出来了 |
[01:24] | – Here. – Stay away from me. | -给你 -离我远点 |
[01:31] | All in all, | 总而言之 |
[01:33] | not an auspicious second outing | 河谷镇的黑衣义警 |
[01:35] | for Riverdale’s dark-suited vigilante. | 第二次巡逻出师不利 |
[01:41] | And speaking of crime-fighting… | 说到打击犯罪 |
[01:43] | Kev, what are your after-school plans? | 凯文 你放学后打算干什么 |
[01:47] | Cruising the bathrooms at Sheds and Royal. | 去棚皇酒店猎艳 |
[01:49] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[01:50] | Then you can join me for my first Junior FBI class. | 你可以陪我参加第一节初级联调局训练课 |
[01:54] | The one that your hot half-brother is teaching? | 你帅气的同父异母的哥哥教课吗 |
[01:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:57] | I asked Charles if you could enroll, | 我问了查尔斯你能不能报名 |
[01:58] | and he said everyone’s welcome. | 他说谁都可以去 |
[02:00] | Remind me, is your brother gay or straight? | 对了 你哥是同性恋还是异性恋 |
[02:04] | I actually have no idea, | 我不知道 |
[02:06] | but seniors from a bunch of different high schools | 但是好几个学校的高四学生 |
[02:08] | have signed up, so who knows? | 已经报名了 谁知道呢 |
[02:09] | Maybe you’ll meet a cute, gay FBI agent-in-training. | 也许你会在训练中遇到同性恋帅哥探员 |
[02:13] | I’m in. | 算我一个 |
[02:14] | When and where? | 时间地点 |
[02:15] | Seems that the District Attorney | 看来地检官 |
[02:17] | is pinning her entire case | 把她的整个案子 |
[02:18] | on linking you to Hiram’s would-be murderer, | 都压在你和海勒姆的潜在杀人犯的联系上 |
[02:20] | – Tall Boy Petite. – Which is absurd. | -高个儿珀蒂特 -太荒谬了 |
[02:23] | I mean, I’ve never even had any interaction with the man. | 我都没接触过那个男人 |
[02:25] | Well, there is still the issue of the large sum of money | 但是警方在高个儿的公寓里 |
[02:28] | the police found in your monogrammed Tucci bag | 发现了印有你姓名缩写的图奇包 |
[02:30] | in Tall Boy’s apartment. | 包里装有大量现金 |
[02:31] | Obviously, Hiram planted it there to frame me. | 很明显是海勒姆放在那里陷害我的 |
[02:33] | FP will testify that he searched Tall Boy’s apartment | FP愿意作证说他在高个儿死后 |
[02:36] | right after he died. | 立刻搜查了他的公寓 |
[02:37] | He’ll swear that there was | 他愿意发誓 |
[02:38] | no bag of money in evidence at that time. | 当时并没有看到一包钱 |
[02:40] | This week is insane. | 这周也太忙了 |
[02:43] | I’ve got two papers due, | 我有两篇论文要交 |
[02:44] | your trial’s starting, | 你的庭审要开始了 |
[02:46] | Daddy’s trial is around the corner. | 老爸的庭审也快了 |
[02:47] | From what I’ve heard, the federal prosecutor’s | 据我所知 联邦检察官 |
[02:49] | going after your father pretty hard. | 正死死咬着你父亲不放 |
[02:51] | Oh, believe me, I know, | 相信我 我知道 |
[02:52] | I’ve been meeting with her on the DL. | 我一直在私下和她联络 |
[02:54] | Goals for this week? | 本周的目标 |
[02:55] | Get Mom out of jail, | 把老妈从监狱里救出来 |
[02:57] | and make sure Daddy stays rotting in his. | 确保老爸坐穿牢底 |
[03:01] | What you working on? | 你在干什么 |
[03:02] | Same thing as when you drugged me, Donna. | 和你给我下药时一样 唐娜 |
[03:05] | Except this time I actually found something. | 但这次我真的有收获了 |
[03:07] | I know the Stonewall Four is supposed to be an urban legend, | 我知道石墙四人组本是个传闻 |
[03:09] | but when I checked the town paper, | 但我查阅城镇报纸后发现 |
[03:11] | four people had actually gone missing | 在过去的三十年里 |
[03:14] | over the last 30 years. | 真的有四个人失踪了 |
[03:15] | That’s exactly what happened to Moose. | 跟穆斯的情况一样 |
[03:17] | Marmaduke is fine. | 马默杜克没事 |
[03:18] | He’s just busy in basic training. | 他只是在忙于基础训练 |
[03:21] | Look… | 看 |
[03:23] | We’ve been texting. | 我们一直在发短信 |
[03:27] | You guys are in for a treat. | 你们有福了 |
[03:31] | Advanced copies of my latest novel. | 这是我最新小说的预读本 |
[03:34] | It doesn’t hit stores till Christmas, | 圣诞节才会发售 |
[03:36] | so no spoilers. | 不要剧透 |
[03:39] | Wait. Mr. Chipping, | 等等 奇平老师 |
[03:40] | you wrote a Baxter Brothers Mystery? | 你写过《巴克斯特兄弟之谜》系列 |
[03:42] | Were you Franklin P. Paxton? | 你就是富兰克林·P·帕克斯顿 |
[03:44] | I am. Well… | 是的 |
[03:46] | It’s my nom de plume. | 这是我的笔名 |
[03:48] | But The Secret of the Old Windmill came out like, what, | 但是《老风车的秘密》几十年前就发售了 |
[03:51] | decades ago? How’s that possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[03:52] | I’m merely the latest in a long line of ghostwriters over the decades. | 几十年以来 在我之前还有很多代笔作家 |
[03:56] | My mind is blown. | 太厉害了吧 |
[03:57] | Mr. Chipping, I used to love these books when I was a kid. | 奇平老师 我小时候就喜欢这套书 |
[04:00] | They were my gateway drug into serious crime fiction. | 这就是我喜欢上犯罪小说的启蒙作品 |
[04:05] | Well, then you’re in luck. | 那你走运了 |
[04:07] | To celebrate the publication of Ten Little Boy Scouts, | 为了庆祝《十个童子军》的出版 |
[04:10] | Stonewall Prep is throwing me a little wine and cheese, | 石墙预科学校要为我办一场品酒会 |
[04:12] | to which you all are invited, | 你们都可以来参加 |
[04:15] | as are previous ghostwriters. | 前几任代笔作家也会来 |
[04:25] | What’s wrong, Pop? | 怎么了 老爹 |
[04:27] | It’s a subpoena. | 这是传票 |
[04:29] | From your father’s defense team. | 你父亲的辩护律师组发来的 |
[04:31] | Oh, no. | 坏了 |
[04:34] | They’re probably gonna ask if you doctored La Bonne Nuit’s books | 他们可能会问你有没有篡改美好之夜酒吧的账本 |
[04:37] | to make my father look guilty. | 来栽赃我父亲 |
[04:38] | Which I did. | 是我做的 |
[04:39] | And I have no regrets about that, Veronica, | 但我不后悔 维罗尼卡 |
[04:41] | you needed the help. | 你当时需要帮助 |
[04:43] | But I cannot place my hand on a Bible and say otherwise. | 但我不能在宣誓以后说谎 |
[04:47] | Let me get into it with the federal prosecutor. | 我和联邦检察官谈谈 |
[04:49] | But don’t worry, Pop. | 别担心 老爹 |
[04:50] | I’m not going to let you get caught up in this. | 我不会让你卷进来的 |
[04:55] | Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly go any lower, | 我以为这就是你的底线了 |
[04:58] | you proved me wrong, Daddy. | 可是我错了 老爸 |
[05:00] | Pop Tate is a good man. | 泰特老爹是个好人 |
[05:01] | There is no need to drag him into the mess of your trial. | 没有必要把他卷入你的案子 |
[05:03] | I’m fighting for my freedom. | 我在为我的自由而战 |
[05:05] | And to be clear, | 我要说清楚 |
[05:06] | I didn’t drag Pop into this, you did. | 不是我把老爹牵扯进来的 是你 |
[05:08] | Because you were extorting me. | 因为你当时在勒索我 |
[05:10] | You can spare Pop and end this right now, mija. | 你可以帮老爹脱身 结束这一切 亲爱的 |
[05:13] | Come clean to the Feds, admit you framed me. | 去跟联调局坦白 承认你陷害了我 |
[05:16] | Hard pass. | 不可能 |
[05:17] | Well, then I’ll be seeing Pop Tates in court. | 那我就在法庭上等着泰特老爹了 |
[05:20] | And tell your mom good luck on her case. | 告诉你妈 祝她应诉顺利 |
[05:23] | I’ll be rooting for her. | 我会支持她的 |
[05:28] | We have a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[05:29] | If Pop takes the stand, he’ll tell the truth. | 如果老爹出庭 他会说实话的 |
[05:32] | And before you ask, no, | 不用问了 不行 |
[05:34] | Ms. Federal Prosecutor, I won’t tell Pop to lie. | 联邦检察官女士 我不会让老爹撒谎的 |
[05:37] | Your father’s broken many laws, Veronica, | 你父亲触犯了很多法律 维罗尼卡 |
[05:39] | but those books you provided the FBI, | 但你提供给联邦调查局的那些账本 |
[05:41] | proving Hiram’s guilt, | 证明海勒姆有罪 |
[05:43] | are at the heart of our case. | 是我们案子的核心 |
[05:44] | Call me as a witness. | 叫我出庭作证 |
[05:45] | I’ll testify that I was the one | 我会证明是我 |
[05:47] | who tasked Pop with doctoring the books as a last resort | 在不得已的情况下 叫老爹篡改账簿的 |
[05:50] | because my father was extorting me. | 因为我父亲敲诈我 |
[05:52] | Which is the truth. | 这是事实 |
[05:57] | Once I do that, | 一旦我这么说 |
[05:59] | I doubt they’ll want to spend much time | 恐怕他们就不会在意 |
[06:00] | talking about any books. | 账本的事了 |
[06:02] | Okay. | 那好 |
[06:03] | Meanwhile, good luck with your mother’s case. | 同时 祝你母亲应诉顺利 |
[06:08] | For our first session, | 第一节课 |
[06:10] | I thought we’d start right in the deep end of the swimming pool. | 我们应该从泳池的最深处开始 |
[06:12] | With serial killers. | 连环杀手 |
[06:14] | Your half-brother is so hot. | 你哥哥身材太棒了 |
[06:17] | Now, I’ve put together a little exercise to kick us off. | 我准备了一道练习题 给大家试试手 |
[06:21] | This is a crime scene | 这是犯罪现场 |
[06:22] | where six victims were found buried along a riverbank | 发现六名受害者 |
[06:25] | in the Pacific Northwest. | 被埋在太平洋西北沿岸 |
[06:27] | Now, before I start filling in all the details, | 在我介绍案件详情之前 |
[06:30] | any guesses on which one of these men is the murderer? | 猜猜这些人中哪个是凶手 |
[06:34] | 副警长 伯恩维尔镇副警长 罗克福德镇 | |
[06:37] | It’s the third man. | 是第三个人 |
[06:39] | That’s correct, Betty. How did you know that? | 没错 贝蒂 你怎么知道 |
[06:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:43] | Just intuition. | 凭直觉 |
[06:46] | Okay, then. | 那好 |
[06:48] | Let’s try another one. | 再试一个 |
[06:50] | 罗克福德镇 伯恩维尔镇副警长 罗克福德镇 | |
[06:50] | Which one’s the serial killer? | 谁是连环杀手 |
[06:54] | The term “Serial killer” is relatively new. | “连环杀手”一词的历史并不长 |
[06:57] | It wasn’t until the 1970s | 直到二十世纪七十年代 |
[06:59] | that the phrase “Serial murderer” or “Serial homicide…” | “连环杀手”或”连环凶杀”一词才出现 |
[07:02] | It’s the one in the middle. | 中间那个 |
[07:04] | Correct again. | 又猜对了 |
[07:05] | Your intuition is like a sixth sense. | 你的直觉就像是第六感 |
[07:09] | Let’s go again. | 再来一次 |
[07:13] | When defining a serial killer, | 在定义连环杀手时 |
[07:14] | it usually refers to someone who committed three or– | 通常是指犯了三次或以上… |
[07:18] | None of them did it. | 他们都不是 |
[07:19] | Excellent work, Betty. | 干得漂亮 贝蒂 |
[07:21] | Not many people have that kind of raw instinct. | 没有多少人有这种原始的本能 |
[07:24] | You’re like Beautiful Mind, but… for serial killers. | 你就像是连环杀手版的《美丽心灵》 |
[07:29] | Now, can any of you guess what the murderers all have in common? | 你们能猜出这些杀人犯的共同点吗 |
[07:32] | Nothing. | 没有共同点 |
[07:34] | Isn’t that kind of the point? | 这不就是重点吗 |
[07:36] | Actually, they all have one thing in common. | 其实 他们都有一个共同点 |
[07:39] | A specific set of genes. | 一组特定的基因 |
[07:43] | They discovered that you have the MAOA… | 他们发现你有暴力基因 |
[07:46] | – and CDH13 genes. – … CDH13. | -以及CDH13基因 -CDH13基因 |
[07:48] | Also known as– | 又叫做 |
[07:49] | The serial killer genes. | 连环杀手基因 |
[08:00] | Hey, Dad. | 老爸 |
[08:02] | Have you seen my Baxter Brothers books? | 你看到我的巴克斯特兄弟作品集了吗 |
[08:04] | I swear I took them out of the trailer before it burned. | 我发誓在拖车烧毁之前 我把它们拿出来了 |
[08:06] | I don’t know. I might’ve have thrown them away. | 不知道 我可能扔掉了 |
[08:09] | You threw away my books? | 你把我的书扔了 |
[08:11] | All right, calm down, boy. | 别紧张 孩子 |
[08:13] | Before you accuse me of book burning, | 在你指责我烧了你的书之前 |
[08:14] | why don’t you check the storage room in the basement? | 为什么不先去地下室的仓库里看看 |
[08:21] | I used to worship these guys. | 以前我很崇拜他们 |
[08:23] | When all the kids wanted to be superheroes, | 所有的孩子都想当超级英雄 |
[08:25] | I wanted to be a Baxter brother. | 而我只想成为巴克斯特兄弟 |
[08:27] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[08:27] | They used to do, uh, crossovers with Tracy True. | 他们以前和特蕾茜·特鲁一起写作交叉集 |
[08:30] | Those were my favorites, remember? | 那套书是我的最爱 记得吗 |
[08:31] | Yeah. My Dad used to get me one of these each year for my birthday. | 我老爸每年都给我买一本作为生日礼物 |
[08:35] | Hey Dad, why’d you stop? | 老爸 后来怎么不买了 |
[08:39] | You outgrew ’em, boy. | 你已经长大了 孩子 |
[08:41] | I gotta run. | 我要走了 |
[08:43] | I’m never gonna outgrow these books. | 无论多大年纪 我都不会对这些书失去兴趣 |
[08:46] | This was my favorite. | 这是我最爱的一本 |
[08:56] | Jones, lights out. | 琼斯 关灯 |
[08:57] | Some of us are trying to sleep. | 有人想睡觉呢 |
[09:24] | Late night, Red? | 开夜车了吗 红发 |
[09:26] | Algebra Three is kicking my ass this year. | 《代数三》今年让我很头疼 |
[09:28] | One of you named Archie? | 你们谁是亚奇 |
[09:31] | Yeah, that’s me. | 我就是 |
[09:32] | This kid say’s you’ll vouch for him. | 这孩子说你可以为他担保 |
[09:34] | Yeah, that’s Toby. He hangs out here. Is there a problem? | 他是托比 他是这里的人 有问题吗 |
[09:36] | Yeah, he was shoplifting in my convenience store. | 他在我便利店里偷东西 |
[09:39] | I was reading comic books. | 我只是在看漫画书 |
[09:40] | You were loitering | 你先闲逛了一会儿 |
[09:41] | and then you started to put this comic book in your jacket. | 然后开始把漫画书放进外套里 |
[09:44] | Look, why don’t I go ahead and pay | 不如我先把这些漫画书的钱 |
[09:45] | for whatever that comic book costs? | 付给你吧 |
[09:46] | $4.99. | 四块九毛九 |
[09:48] | And I don’t want any of you delinquents | 我不想你们这些少年犯 |
[09:49] | stepping foot in my shop. | 走进我店里 |
[09:51] | It’s bad enough we have to walk by this halfway house. | 每天都经过这个过渡教习所就已经够糟糕的了 |
[09:58] | Keep the change. | 不用找了 |
[10:01] | Grab a brush. | 拿个刷子 |
[10:10] | Here is the hero of the hour. | 我们的英雄人物 |
[10:13] | Class, this is Francis J. DuPont, | 同学们 这位是弗朗西斯·J·杜邦 |
[10:16] | the originator of the Baxter Brothers franchise, | 巴克斯特兄弟系列的创始人 |
[10:19] | and the very first Franklin P. Paxton. | 也是第一位富兰克林·P·帕克斯顿 |
[10:22] | Francis, this is Bret, Joan, | 弗朗西斯 这是布雷特 琼 |
[10:24] | Jonathan, Donna, and Jughead. | 乔纳森 唐娜和猪头 |
[10:26] | “Jughead.” | 猪头 |
[10:27] | Is that a nickname? | 这是昵称吗 |
[10:28] | Uh, yes, sir. It is. | 是的 先生 没错 |
[10:31] | And it’s an honor to meet you. | 很荣幸认识你 |
[10:32] | I didn’t have the greatest home life growing up, | 我成长的家庭环境一般 |
[10:36] | but your books really helped me through it. | 但是你的书帮我度过了艰难的时光 |
[10:40] | Jughead is the newest addition | 猪头是我教过 |
[10:43] | to the most promising group of students that I’ve ever taught. | 最有前途的学生之一 |
[10:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:47] | Well, is the successor amongst us, then? | 那我们当中有继任者了 |
[10:50] | Successor for what? | 继任什么 |
[10:51] | Chipping has written the last four Baxter Brothers books. | 奇平已经写好巴克斯特兄弟书籍的最后四本 |
[10:55] | It’s time he pass on the torch. | 是时候该传递火炬了 |
[10:57] | Therefore, we’re on the hunt for the next ghostwriter | 因此 我们正在寻找下一任 |
[10:59] | to continue the franchise. | 代写续集的作家 |
[11:01] | And you’re going to pick one of us? | 你要选择我们其中一人吗 |
[11:03] | Keep it in your pants, Jones. | 先别激动 琼斯 |
[11:05] | Every Baxter Brothers author, | 从杜邦先生开始 |
[11:06] | beginning with Mr. DuPont himself, | 每一位巴克斯特兄弟的作者 |
[11:08] | has gone to Stonewall Prep. | 都上过石墙预科学校 |
[11:10] | We’re always looking for young and clever minds | 我们一直在寻找年轻聪明的人才 |
[11:13] | to keep our adventures fresh and relevant. | 以保证我们的故事紧跟时代潮流 |
[11:15] | Now, if you’re interested in the job, | 如果你对这份工作有兴趣 |
[11:16] | you’ll have to write the first three chapters | 就要先完成下一部 |
[11:19] | of the next Baxter Brothers novel. | 巴克斯特兄弟小说的前三章 |
[11:21] | And an outline for the rest of it. | 以及其他内容的大纲 |
[11:23] | Well, obviously, I’m winning this. | 显然 我赢定了 |
[11:24] | Is there any particular style or subject area? | 有什么特定的风格或主题吗 |
[11:28] | We have not yet decided on a theme, | 我们还没有确定主题 |
[11:30] | but we’ll let you know. | 但我们会告诉你的 |
[11:39] | I pulled your files, Ms. Cooper. | 我看了你的资料 库珀小姐 |
[11:40] | I can confirm that you do have the MAOA and CDH13 genes. | 我可以确认你有暴力基因和连环杀手基因 |
[11:49] | All good, nothing to worry about. | 一切正常 不必担心 |
[11:51] | I don’t have the genes. | 我没有那些基因 |
[11:52] | See, I told you. | 你看 我就说吧 |
[11:54] | What a relief. | 真是松了一口气 |
[12:11] | You got to be kidding me. | 这是在逗我吧 |
[12:21] | Get the hell away from that car! | 离我的车子远点 |
[12:40] | Who are you? | 你是什么人 |
[12:49] | You run with Dodger? | 你是道奇的手下吗 |
[12:51] | Get the hell out of here. | 给我走 |
[12:53] | Go! | 走 |
[12:53] | Tell him it’s over. Tell him, he’s done for. | 回去告诉他 他死定了 |
[13:12] | All right, listen up. | 大家听我说 |
[13:16] | Sheriff Jones gave us a call. | 琼斯警长给我们打过电话 |
[13:18] | Apparently some of Dodger’s crew | 显然道奇的手下 |
[13:19] | was stealing hubcaps last night. | 昨晚在街上偷毂盖 |
[13:21] | He suspects it was someone from this center, | 他怀疑是我们中心的人 |
[13:23] | and I gave him my word that it wasn’t any of you guys. | 而我向他保证不是你们当中任何人 |
[13:25] | And I hope that’s true. | 我希望是真的 |
[13:26] | Anyone running with Dodger’s crew | 任何人只要跟道奇一伙 |
[13:28] | is going to end up in juvie | 最后都会进少管所 |
[13:30] | or in an early grave. | 或者英年早逝 |
[13:32] | And trust us, you don’t wanna go to juvie. | 相信我们 你不会喜欢少管所的 |
[13:33] | Look, if even one of you guys gets arrested, | 听着 如果你们当中任何人被捕 |
[13:35] | this whole place gets shut down. | 整个中心就得停业 |
[13:37] | So, new rule. | 所以 新规矩 |
[13:38] | If you run with Dodger’s crew, then you’re not welcome here. | 如果你跟道奇一伙 那么这里就不欢迎你 |
[13:40] | That’s it. No exceptions. | 就这样 零容忍 |
[13:43] | Any questions? | 有问题吗 |
[13:44] | Yeah, I got a question. | 我有问题 |
[13:46] | Aren’t you guys seniors? | 你们不是高四学生吗 |
[13:48] | What happens when you graduate and go to college? | 你们毕业上大学以后怎么办 |
[13:51] | That’s months away, Toby. | 还有好几个月 托比 |
[13:53] | Yeah, but what happens? | 但那之后呢 |
[13:54] | You said it yourself, they’re trying to shut you down. | 你自己也说了 他们会强制你停业 |
[13:56] | Why? Because of us. | 为什么 因为我们 |
[13:57] | Because no one wants us. | 因为没人要我们 |
[13:59] | At least Dodger cares. | 至少道奇会在乎 |
[14:00] | Dodger only cares about the money you can bring in. | 道奇只会在乎你们赚的钱 |
[14:02] | We want you here, but you can’t have it both ways. | 我们要你们 但你们不能两样都占 |
[14:04] | You have to choose. | 必须做出选择 |
[14:14] | One thing we see in a lot of serial killers | 我们发现连环杀人狂 |
[14:16] | are instances of animal cruelty in their youth. | 小时候会对动物很残忍 |
[14:18] | Jeffrey Dahmer, the cannibal of Milwaukee, | 杰弗里·达默 密尔沃基市的食人魔 |
[14:21] | started killing dogs when he was in grade school. | 小学期间就开始残杀小狗 |
[14:24] | Ian Brady, the infamous Moors murderer, | 伊恩·布雷迪 臭名昭著的沼泽杀人魔 |
[14:25] | killed his first cat when he was ten. | 十岁时就杀死了第一只小猫 |
[14:28] | I’m all the dark deeds you did in our youths, | 我就是你在年轻时所做的黑暗行为 |
[14:31] | like what we did to our old cat, Caramel. | 比如我们对老猫卡拉梅尔做了什么 |
[14:33] | Caramel ran away. | 卡拉梅尔跑了 |
[14:35] | I didn’t do anything to her. | 我什么都没做 |
[14:37] | Oh, Betty, we both know that we drowned Caramel. | 贝蒂 你我都清楚我们把卡拉梅尔淹死了 |
[14:41] | Robert Thompson used to tie rabbits | 罗伯特·汤普森曾经把小兔 |
[14:43] | to railway tracks… | 绑在铁轨上 |
[14:45] | Betty? Are you okay? | 贝蒂 你还好吗 |
[14:47] | I need a… | 我得 |
[14:48] | I need some air. Sorry. | 我得透透气 抱歉 |
[14:55] | I arrived at the cabin alone. | 我独自抵达小屋 |
[14:57] | The suspect, Tall Boy, | 嫌犯 高个儿 |
[14:59] | he got violent. | 他很狂暴 |
[15:01] | Resisted arrest, | 拒捕 |
[15:02] | and unfortunately, I had to discharge my weapon. | 很不幸 我只好开枪 |
[15:05] | He expired on his way to the hospital. | 他在去往医院的途中身亡 |
[15:08] | And later, when you searched Tall Boy’s motel room, | 后来 当你们搜查高个儿的旅馆房间 |
[15:11] | did you find Hermione Lodge’s Tucci bag full of cash? | 看到海勒姆·洛奇装满现金的的图奇包了吗 |
[15:15] | No. | 没有 |
[15:16] | And yet, the prosecution claims they found the bag there. | 但检方声称他们在那里发现了那个包 |
[15:19] | If it was, it was planted later. | 如果有 那就是后来放进去的 |
[15:21] | Thank you, Sheriff. | 谢谢您 警长 |
[15:23] | Your witness, Counselor. | 到你了 律师小姐 |
[15:27] | The cabin where you claim to have shot Tall Boy, | 您声称射中高个儿的那个小屋 |
[15:30] | do you know who owns that cabin, Sheriff? | 知道屋主是谁吗 警长 |
[15:32] | I assumed it was Hiram’s. | 我当时认为是海勒姆 |
[15:34] | This is a copy of the lease. | 这是房契的复印件 |
[15:36] | Kindly read the owner’s name. | 请读出所有者的名字 |
[15:45] | “Hermione Lodge.” | 赫敏·洛奇 |
[15:48] | Order! | 肃静 |
[15:49] | Order! | 肃静 |
[15:59] | 弗朗西斯·杜邦 击剑队队长 文学社财务主管 | |
[16:06] | 后排 西奥多·维塞尔 弗朗西斯·杜邦 福赛斯·琼斯 前排 詹妮·达拉斯 查尔斯·切肯斯 | |
[16:10] | Excuse me, Mr. DuPont. | 打扰一下 杜邦先生 |
[16:13] | Did you happen to know my grandfather? | 您会不会认识我爷爷 |
[16:16] | Forsythe Jones the First? | 福赛斯·琼斯一世 |
[16:21] | That is why you look familiar. | 怪不得你们这么像 |
[16:24] | Your grandfather was an excellent writer. | 你祖父是位优秀的作家 |
[16:27] | Tell me, how’s he doing? | 告诉我 他现在怎么样了 |
[16:29] | Does he still write? | 他还写作吗 |
[16:30] | I… I actually I don’t know, | 我也不清楚 |
[16:33] | I’ve never met him. | 我从没见过他 |
[16:33] | Up until this exact moment, I didn’t even know he was a writer. | 直到上一秒我才知道他是个作家 |
[16:36] | Bit of a brawler, too. | 还是个打手 |
[16:38] | Forsythe got into all kinds of rabble-rousing | 福赛斯经常惹事 |
[16:40] | before he left Stonewall. | 后来离开了石墙 |
[16:42] | Is that why he left? | 他是因此而离开的吗 |
[16:43] | He was kicked out for fighting? | 因为打架而退学 |
[16:44] | Oh, it was so long ago, | 事情过去这么久 |
[16:46] | I don’t remember the exact circumstances. | 我也不记得具体情况了 |
[16:48] | But I will never forget his talent. | 但我永远不会忘记他的才华 |
[16:51] | We would read his works in class | 我们会在课上读他的作品 |
[16:52] | and I couldn’t believe that a teenager wrote them. | 真不敢相信那出自一个少年的手笔 |
[16:55] | Does your father write? | 你父亲写作吗 |
[16:57] | No, he’s a sheriff. | 不 他是警长 |
[16:58] | Would you invite your father to the reception tomorrow? | 你会邀请你父亲出席明天的招待会吗 |
[17:02] | I would love to meet Forsythe’s son. | 我很想见见福赛斯的儿子 |
[17:06] | Yeah, I’ll see if he can come. | 好 我问问看 |
[17:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[17:14] | Mrs. Andrews is back-channeling with the DA’s office. | 安德鲁斯女士在和地检官办公室私下交涉 |
[17:17] | They’re talking plea deals. | 他们在商讨认罪协议 |
[17:19] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[17:22] | why didn’t you tell us | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[17:22] | that the cabin was under your name? | 那小屋在你的名下 |
[17:25] | Because it wasn’t. | 因为根本不是这样 |
[17:26] | Veronica, your father must have forged the lease or… | 维罗尼卡 你父亲肯定伪造了房契还有 |
[17:30] | contract or something. | 合同之类的 |
[17:31] | So then why didn’t you say | 那你为什么不说 |
[17:32] | that you’d never even been to this cabin? | 你根本没去过那小屋 |
[17:37] | Because I have. | 因为我去过 |
[17:44] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[17:45] | it’s now or never. | 现在是关键时刻 |
[17:49] | I need you to tell me the truth | 你得告诉我真相 |
[17:51] | about everything, | 一切真相 |
[17:52] | so I can help you. | 我才能帮你 |
[17:55] | If everything you’ve told me is true, | 如果你告诉我的都是真的 |
[17:56] | then I have no moves left. | 那我也没辙了 |
[17:58] | The more the prosecutor digs, | 检察官挖得越深 |
[18:00] | the guiltier you’ll be, Hermione. | 你的罪名就越多 赫敏 |
[18:01] | And that’s for crimes | 还有那些 |
[18:02] | that aren’t even on their radar yet. | 他们还没查出来的罪 |
[18:05] | There’s no magic wand that can make this just go away. | 没有魔术棒能让它直接消失 |
[18:08] | What if there were one? | 要是有呢 |
[18:10] | And my mother changed her plea to guilty? | 要是我母亲认罪呢 |
[18:12] | Veronica… | 维罗尼卡 |
[18:13] | Look, Mom, we’ve got to be realistic here. | 听着 妈妈 我们现在得现实点了 |
[18:16] | Why not admit to what everyone already knows | 不如承认大家已经知道的罪 |
[18:20] | before something else, something worse comes out? | 防止更严重的情况发生 |
[18:23] | Veronica, your mother would go to prison, | 维罗尼卡 那样你妈妈会进监狱 |
[18:25] | probably for the rest of her life. | 很可能是终身监禁 |
[18:27] | Not if we get someone | 除非我们能找到某人 |
[18:28] | with a magic wand to pardon her. | 用魔术棒赦免她 |
[18:30] | But that can only happen at the state level. | 只有州级以上的官员才可能办到 |
[18:32] | So unless you’re friends with Governor Dooley… | 除非你是杜力州长的朋友 |
[18:35] | I wouldn’t say friends exactly, | 朋友不敢说 |
[18:37] | but we do have a history. | 但我们确实有过交集 |
[18:41] | All of us. | 我们所有人 |
[19:06] | Hey, are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[19:09] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[19:14] | No! | 不 |
[19:18] | Caramel. | 卡拉梅尔 |
[19:28] | You free for lunch? | 午饭有空吗 |
[19:29] | Do you want to go to Pop’s and get a burger? | 想不想去老爹快餐店吃汉堡 |
[19:31] | I got a lot on my mind, Jug. What’s up? | 我事有点多 猪头 怎么了 |
[19:34] | I wanted to ask you about Grandpa. | 我想问问你关于祖父的事 |
[19:36] | Did you know he was a writer? | 你知道他是作家吗 |
[19:39] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[19:41] | Where did you hear that? | 你从哪儿听来的 |
[19:42] | One of his old classmates is visiting Stonewall Prep. | 他的一位老同学来石墙预科学校访问 |
[19:45] | Actually I have a reception later, | 晚上我要参加一个宴会 |
[19:46] | if you want to come hang out. | 你愿不愿意和我一起去 |
[19:48] | And waste a day with a bunch of blue bloods | 在那些自认为比我强的贵族身上 |
[19:50] | who think they’re better than me? No. | 浪费一天的时间吗 不了 |
[19:52] | You’re the one that pushed me to go to Stonewall Prep. | 是你逼我去石墙预科学校的 |
[19:54] | Hell, you’d probably make me | 你可能会逼我 |
[19:55] | put on a tie and a blazer. | 穿西装系领带 |
[19:57] | And just so you know, my old man wasn’t a writer, | 我来告诉你 我爸不是作家 |
[20:00] | he was a dropout, all right? | 他就是个辍学生 好吗 |
[20:02] | He couldn’t hold down a job. | 他没有固定工作 |
[20:04] | He was a mean, mean drunk | 他就是个讨厌的酒鬼 |
[20:06] | who took all of his anger out on me and on your grandma. | 把愤怒都发泄在我和你奶奶身上 |
[20:09] | It was the best day of my life when he skipped out on us. | 他抛弃我们那天 是我人生中最美好的一天 |
[20:12] | So do I want to hear about | 我想要听 |
[20:13] | what a great writer he was back in high school? No. | 他高中时是多厉害的作家吗 我不想 |
[20:17] | No, I’m… | 不 我 |
[20:19] | I’m good with my memories. But you have fun. | 这些记忆对我来说足够了 但祝你玩得开心 |
[20:35] | Governor Dooley! You made it. | 杜力州长 你来了 |
[20:37] | Oh, no, not again. | 不是吧 又来 |
[20:39] | Yes, again. | 没错 又是我 |
[20:41] | I have a small favor to ask you. | 我想请你帮个小忙 |
[20:44] | I was told this meeting was requested by the FBI. | 我被告知这是联调局要求的会面 |
[20:47] | No, I’d rather keep the FBI out of this, if at all possible. | 如果可以的话 我不想让联调局插手 |
[20:50] | So, in this folder, | 在这个文件夹里 |
[20:53] | you’ll find evidence | 你会看到 |
[20:54] | that paints a rather corrupt portrait of you, Governor. | 证明你贪污腐败的证据 州长 |
[20:57] | Ordering a bogus quarantine, | 下达虚假隔离命令 |
[20:59] | accepting drug money as a bribe, | 收受毒资贿赂 |
[21:01] | receiving kickbacks from my father’s jail. | 从我父亲的监狱收取回扣 |
[21:03] | Young lady… | 年轻人 |
[21:05] | how many times do you think you can blackmail me? | 你以为你可以敲诈我几次 |
[21:07] | Help me now and this will be the last. | 你帮我这次 这就是最后一次 |
[21:10] | And I’ll put that in writing. | 我会写一份书面保证 |
[21:11] | As you know, my mother’s on trial. | 你知道 我妈要受审了 |
[21:13] | If she pleads guilty, | 如果她认罪 |
[21:14] | I need you to grant her a pardon, | 我要你赦免她 |
[21:16] | immediately. | 立即赦免 |
[21:18] | In exchange, | 作为回报 |
[21:19] | I won’t release this file of incriminating evidence. | 我不会公布这些可以给你定罪的证据 |
[21:22] | What do you say, Donald? | 你觉得怎么样 唐纳德 |
[21:24] | Once more for old time’s sake? | 看在往日的情分上再帮我一次吧 |
[21:31] | May I have your attention? | 大家请注意 |
[21:33] | In literary society tradition, | 按照文学社的传统 |
[21:36] | it wouldn’t be a proper reunion | 没有谋杀游戏的聚会 |
[21:38] | without a little game of Murder. | 不算是真正的聚会 |
[21:41] | For neophytes, the rules are as follows. | 给新来的人解释一下规则 |
[21:43] | Everyone draws a card. | 每人拿一张牌 |
[21:46] | Whoever picks “Murderer” | 抽到”凶手”牌的人 |
[21:49] | must walk amongst us, | 要在我们中间走动 |
[21:51] | winking at their prey. | 对他的猎物眨眼 |
[21:53] | If you are winked at, | 如果有人对你眨眼 |
[21:55] | you die five seconds later. | 你会在五秒后死亡 |
[22:03] | The object of the game, of course, | 显然 游戏的目标 |
[22:05] | is to identify the murderer before being killed. | 是在被杀死之前找出凶手 |
[22:09] | Happy hunting, everybody. | 大家狩猎愉快 |
[22:13] | Enjoying yourself, Jones? | 玩得开心吗 琼斯 |
[22:14] | So this is what one-percenters do for fun. | 原来这就是精英们的娱乐 |
[22:17] | They play murder, huh? | 玩杀人游戏 |
[22:19] | Oh, by the way… | 顺便 |
[22:22] | Wicked, Jones. | 你太坏了 琼斯 |
[22:23] | – I should… – Yeah, go on then. | -我得 -继续玩吧 |
[22:25] | Yeah, let me die in peace. | 让我安静地死去 |
[22:39] | Down to the wire, boys. | 到最后关头了 各位 |
[22:48] | It’s Jughead! He’s the murderer. | 是猪头 他是凶手 |
[22:49] | Yeah. Because I just killed you. | 是啊 因为我刚刚杀了你 |
[22:50] | No, I knew it was him beforehand, I win. | 不 我之前就知道是他 我赢了 |
[22:52] | I’m sorry, Bret, I can’t hear you. | 抱歉 布雷特 我听不到你说话 |
[22:54] | Because you’re dead. | 因为你已经死了 |
[22:55] | No, I’m not. I saw… | 不 我没有 我看到 |
[22:56] | Boy, boys. Let’s be men about this. | 孩子们 成熟点 |
[22:58] | It’s clear that Jughead Jones won the game fair and square. | 很明显 猪头·琼斯赢得光明正大 |
[23:01] | And what a formidable murderer he was. | 他是个很厉害的凶手 |
[23:13] | I’m disappointed I didn’t get to meet your father. | 很遗憾没见到你父亲 |
[23:16] | Oh, yeah, he’s been busy with work. | 他工作很忙 |
[23:18] | Oh, I understand. | 我理解 |
[23:20] | Well, I hope you’ll enter the contest | 我希望你可以参加比赛 |
[23:21] | to be our new ghostwriter. | 成为新的代笔作者 |
[23:23] | I mean, the grandson of Forsythe Jones | 福赛斯·琼斯的孙子 |
[23:25] | would be a worthy inheritor of the mantle. | 配得上继承这项工作 |
[23:28] | Serial killers are compulsive. | 连环杀手都有强迫心理 |
[23:30] | They leave clues, | 他们会留下线索 |
[23:31] | take trophies, keep records. | 收藏纪念品 还会做记录 |
[23:33] | Journals, | 比如日志 |
[23:34] | diaries, | 日记 |
[23:36] | letters. | 信件 |
[23:37] | They see themselves as the hero in their own stories. | 他们在故事中把自己描述成英雄 |
[23:40] | Sometimes, it’s difficult for them to distinguish | 有时 他们难以分辨 |
[23:42] | between reality and fantasy, | 现实和幻想 |
[23:44] | fact and fabrication. | 事实和虚构 |
[23:47] | By studying childhood diaries of serial killers, | 通过研究连环杀手的童年日记 |
[23:50] | we can gain invaluable insight into how their minds work. | 我们可以了解他们的思维方式 |
[24:11] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[24:12] | in lieu of a closing statement, | 我的委托人不想做最后陈述 |
[24:14] | my client would like to say something. | 而是想讲几句话 |
[24:16] | Proceed. | 请说 |
[24:20] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[24:23] | after careful consideration, | 经过慎重考虑 |
[24:24] | I’ve decided to change my plea. | 我决定收回无罪抗辩 |
[24:26] | I, Hermione Apollonia Lodge… | 我 赫敏·阿波罗尼亚·洛奇 |
[24:31] | plead guilty to the charges against me. | 承认对我的指控 |
[24:44] | I lied to you, Kevin. | 我骗了你 凯文 |
[24:46] | At the hospital, Dr. Patel told me | 在医院里 帕特尔医生告诉我 |
[24:48] | that I do have the genes. | 我确实有那两种基因 |
[24:51] | And there’s more. | 还有别的 |
[24:54] | Something that I think I may have repressed. | 我可能一直在逃避这件事 |
[25:00] | Do you remember my cat, Caramel? | 你还记得我的猫卡拉梅尔吗 |
[25:07] | A car hit her. | 她被车撞了 |
[25:09] | And I found her on our front lawn. | 我在门前的草坪上找到她 |
[25:12] | She was in pain. | 她很痛苦 |
[25:14] | Dying. | 快要死了 |
[25:17] | And it sounded like… | 她发出的声音就像 |
[25:19] | someone screaming. | 有人在尖叫 |
[25:22] | So, I went to get my dad for help. | 我找我爸帮忙 |
[25:26] | And he took me back outside. | 他把我带到外面 |
[25:29] | Caramel is your cat, Betty. | 卡拉梅尔是你的猫 贝蒂 |
[25:32] | You need to take care of this. | 你得自己处理这件事 |
[25:34] | And he handed me a rock. | 他给我一块石头 |
[25:44] | And he made me… | 然后他让我 |
[25:51] | Good girl, Betty. | 好孩子 贝蒂 |
[25:53] | Very good girl. | 非常好 |
[25:55] | I killed Caramel. | 我杀死了卡拉梅尔 |
[25:57] | No, Betty. | 不 贝蒂 |
[25:59] | That wasn’t you. That was your… | 不是你 是你的 |
[26:02] | deeply screwed-up dad. | 神经病老爸 |
[26:03] | Oh, and I’m not screwed up? | 我就没有问题吗 |
[26:06] | I’m repressing memories of killing animals, Kevin. | 我一直在抑制这段杀死动物的记忆 凯文 |
[26:11] | Betty, I… | 贝蒂 我 |
[26:13] | I think this FBI Training thing | 我想这个联调局训练 |
[26:15] | might be getting a little too intense right now. | 可能给你太多压力了 |
[26:17] | I think we should… | 我觉得我们应该 |
[26:19] | maybe consider withdrawing. | 考虑退出 |
[26:24] | That’s it. Keep your hands up. | 就这样 把手举起来 |
[26:27] | Protect your face. | 保护你的脸 |
[26:31] | Good job. | 很好 |
[26:32] | Keep those hands up. | 手保持在这个位置 |
[26:35] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[26:38] | Red, you got a minute? | 红发小子 你有时间吗 |
[26:40] | Sure. What’s up, Mr. Jones? | 当然 怎么了 琼斯先生 |
[26:43] | Some of the local business owners | 几个本地商人 |
[26:45] | have lodged a few complaints against your center. | 投诉了你的中心 |
[26:47] | Littering, vandalism, public urination. | 理由是乱扔垃圾 破坏公物 随地小便 |
[26:51] | Due respect, M Jones, that’s BS. | 恕我直言 琼斯先生 这就是在扯淡 |
[26:53] | I’m here every morning and I lock up every night. | 我每天最早过来 最晚离开 |
[26:56] | These kids are not doing any of that. | 这些孩子没做过这种事 |
[26:57] | Listen, when I rolled with the Serpents, | 听着 我在毒蛇帮的那段日子 |
[26:58] | we dealt with the same crap. | 也遇过这样的破事 |
[27:00] | Wherever we set up, complaints followed. | 不管我们在哪落脚 投诉都会找上门 |
[27:02] | Look, no one wants a gang around. | 没人想与帮派为邻 |
[27:04] | The problem isn’t the kids, | 问题不在这些孩子 |
[27:05] | it’s the thugs that show up after we lock up. They’re gnarly. | 而是我们关门后来的那些混蛋 他们很卑劣 |
[27:08] | But this place, it’s supposed to make the neighborhood better. | 可这个地方是为了改善社区环境而建立的 |
[27:11] | Well, show ’em that. | 那就证明给他们看 |
[27:12] | Do what the Serpents used to do. | 学学毒蛇帮 |
[27:14] | Invite some of the yokels over for a get-to-know-you clam bake. | 邀请些本地佬过来 彼此了解一下 |
[27:17] | People are less likely to call the cops | 经过沟通之后 |
[27:20] | if they’ve had a conversation with you. | 他们报警的几率会小一点 |
[27:22] | All right? | 好吗 |
[27:28] | You think you really pulled something off | 你还真觉得自己在宴会上 |
[27:30] | at the reception, don’t you? | 大出风头了 是吧 |
[27:32] | Bret, Bret, Bret. | 布雷特 布雷特 布雷特 |
[27:34] | Are you really still mad about that Murder game? | 你不会还在为那个杀人游戏生气吧 |
[27:41] | Look, if it means that much to you… | 你要是这么认真的话… |
[27:45] | Consider yourself raised from the dead, preppy. | 你复活了 预科生 |
[27:47] | “Preppy.” | “预科生” |
[27:49] | You turn your nose up at us, | 你对我们嗤之以鼻 |
[27:50] | you scorn us for our privilege… | 对我们的特权鄙夷不屑… |
[27:53] | But the only reason you’re here | 可你之所以能在这儿 |
[27:55] | is because some school benefactors | 是因为某些校资助人 |
[27:56] | thought it would look good to take on a charity case. | 觉得做点慈善能塑造良好学校形象 |
[27:59] | Some dirt-poor scholarship kid. | 拿助学金的穷小子 |
[28:01] | I’m here because of my writing. | 我被录取靠的是文笔 |
[28:03] | Just get over it. | 认了吧 |
[28:03] | No, Jughead, | 不 猪头 |
[28:04] | you’re not here because of your talent. | 你靠的不是才华 |
[28:07] | The Admissions Committee? | 招生委员会 |
[28:08] | None of them have read a single word you’ve ever written. | 你写的文章他们一个字都没看过 |
[28:11] | You’re a statistic, | 你只是一个统计数据 |
[28:12] | a project. | 一个项目 |
[28:13] | Every year there’s one of you. | 每年都会有你这样的人 |
[28:15] | Some welfare freeloader who never amounts to anything. | 坐享福利 一事无成 |
[28:19] | Just like your grandfather. | 就跟你爷爷一样 |
[28:20] | He couldn’t even make it a semester. | 他一个学期都没读完 |
[28:22] | That is your past, present, and future, Jughead– | 那就是你的过去 当下和未来 猪头 |
[28:27] | Shut your mouth! | 闭嘴 |
[28:28] | Looks like you’ve inherited his temper, too. | 看来你连他的脾气都继承了 |
[28:33] | They all know I’m right. | 大家都知道我是对的 |
[28:35] | And deep down, you know it, too. | 实际上 你也知道 |
[28:55] | Most of you know me by now, | 你们大多数人都认识我 |
[28:56] | but my name is Archie Andrews. | 我叫亚奇·安德鲁斯 |
[28:58] | I run this place with Munroe Moore. | 这个中心是我和门罗·穆尔一起办的 |
[29:00] | And we invited you here today | 我们今天邀请你们来 |
[29:02] | to set the record straight about a few things. | 是要把一些误会解释清楚 |
[29:04] | Starting with… | 先说一下… |
[29:05] | Despite a few bogus complaints that have been made, | 尽管有一些不实投诉 |
[29:10] | this community center is not going anywhere. | 这个社区中心是不会关闭的 |
[29:12] | In fact, starting today, | 实际上 从今天开始 |
[29:14] | we will be expanding our hours to 11:00 p.m., | 我们的开放时间会延长到晚上十一点 |
[29:17] | and we’ll be open on Sundays. | 周日也将开放 |
[29:18] | So, to my neighbors, I say, | 所以 我想对邻里们说声 |
[29:21] | instead of working against us, | 与其跟我们作对 |
[29:23] | why don’t you come in and help out? | 不如过来帮忙 |
[29:24] | Sponsor our baseball team. | 赞助我们的棒球队 |
[29:26] | Donate your time. | 献出你们的时间 |
[29:27] | These kids need people to show them that they care. | 这些孩子需要你们的关怀 |
[29:31] | Which is why we’re starting a Big Brothers and Big Sisters program. | 所以我们要发起一个叫”情同手足”的项目 |
[29:34] | The Riverdale High Bulldogs and Vixens | 河谷镇高中斗牛犬队和雌狐队 |
[29:37] | have already volunteered, so why don’t you? | 已经主动加入了 你们还犹豫什么呢 |
[29:38] | And if you still want to shut us down, | 你们要是依然想让我们关门 |
[29:40] | then go ahead and try. | 那就尽管试试 |
[29:42] | My mom is a very good lawyer. | 我妈是个很有本事的律师 |
[29:44] | Or you can try the cops, | 或者你们可以去报警 |
[29:45] | and I’ll call my best friend’s dad, | 我会联系我好哥们的老爸 |
[29:47] | the Sheriff of Riverdale. | 河谷镇警长 |
[29:48] | Otherwise, | 否则的话 |
[29:49] | my friendly advice to you | 我劝你们 |
[29:51] | is get out of my way. | 别碍我的事 |
[29:58] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |
[29:59] | Look, I own a hardware store on Drury, | 我在特鲁里街开了家五金店 |
[30:02] | and I admire what you’re trying to accomplish here. | 我很欣赏你的抱负 |
[30:04] | And I’m not the only one. | 欣赏你的也不止我一个 |
[30:06] | So why didn’t you say that, then? | 那你刚才怎么不说 |
[30:08] | The thing is, many of us business owners are getting…pressure | 问题是 我们很多生意人都被施压 |
[30:12] | to speak out against your center. | 不得不反对你的社区中心 |
[30:14] | Not by Hiram Lodge? | 是海勒姆·洛奇吗 |
[30:16] | No. | 不是 |
[30:18] | His name is Dodger. | 他叫道奇 |
[30:19] | And we’ve been paying him a protection fee. | 他一直在向我们收保护费 |
[30:21] | Lately, he’s added a request. | 最近 他加了一项要求 |
[30:23] | Protest your center, | 反对你的社区中心 |
[30:25] | or risk losing his protection. | 否则就可能失去他的保护 |
[30:28] | And then maybe our stores get robbed. | 那我们的店就可能被抢 |
[30:30] | Or burned to the ground. | 或被烧个精光 |
[30:32] | So, Dodger’s the one who wants us out of here? | 这么说是道奇想赶我们走 |
[30:35] | Every kid who sets foot in your place | 多一个踏进你这里的孩子 |
[30:37] | is one less running scams for him on the streets. | 他就少一个跑腿的小弟 |
[30:47] | Well… Look what the cat dragged in. | 真是稀客 |
[30:50] | I’m done with Stonewall Prep. | 我不去石墙预科学校了 |
[30:52] | Place is toxic. | 那地方乌烟瘴气的 |
[30:54] | I’m going back to Riverdale High to be with my friends. | 我要回河谷镇高中 跟朋友们在一起 |
[30:56] | No. | 不行 |
[30:59] | You’re not throwing away this opportunity. | 你别想放弃这个机会 |
[31:01] | You’re giving me whiplash, Dad. | 你在折磨我 老爸 |
[31:03] | What opportunity? | 什么机会 |
[31:04] | So I can be buried alive in a coffin, | 被人关进棺材里吗 |
[31:06] | or be told that I’m only there | 还是被人告知我是因为 |
[31:07] | because I grew up in a trailer park? | 家境贫寒才被录取的 |
[31:09] | Someone said that to you? | 有人那样说你吗 |
[31:11] | Yeah. Bret did. | 是啊 布雷特说的 |
[31:12] | Well… Who cares how you got in? | 谁管你是怎么被录取的 |
[31:15] | You’re in. | 你就是被录取了 |
[31:16] | And those silver spoons, they feel threatened. | 那些阔公子们有危机感了 |
[31:19] | This Bret kid, he knows you’re better than him. | 叫布雷特的那小子 他知道你比他强 |
[31:21] | That you’re gonna leave him in the dust. | 你让他望尘莫及 |
[31:23] | And you’ll do it without the… | 你不必靠… |
[31:25] | Without the privilege or the fancy name. | 靠特权或家世 |
[31:27] | But if you drop out now… | 可你要是现在退学… |
[31:30] | you’re no better than my old man. | 就和我老爹没什么区别了 |
[31:32] | If you hated him so much, | 你要是那么恨他 |
[31:33] | then why would you name me after him? | 为什么还要用他的名字给我取名 |
[31:35] | It’s my name, too, don’t forget. | 别忘了那也是我的名字 |
[31:37] | And yeah, I hate him, | 没错 我恨他 |
[31:38] | but he’s still my old man. | 可他终归是我老爹 |
[31:39] | So it’s gotta count for something, huh? | 感情总该是有的 |
[31:44] | Also, uh… | 还有… |
[31:49] | Those books weren’t from me. | 那些书不是我给你的 |
[31:51] | Your granddad sent them from wherever the hell he was. | 是你爷爷不知道从哪寄来的 |
[31:55] | I didn’t tell you ’cause… | 我没告诉你 是因为… |
[31:58] | ‘Cause I’m still angry | 因为我还是很生气 |
[32:00] | at how he treated us. | 气他这么对我们 |
[32:01] | He was a hard man, | 他很难相处 |
[32:02] | and there was no love lost between us, | 我们之间没什么感情 |
[32:04] | but I gotta give the devil his due. | 不过我还是得告诉你 |
[32:05] | Those books you love… | 你喜欢的那些书… |
[32:08] | were from him. | 是他寄来的 |
[32:12] | And you have no idea where he is now? | 你不知道他在哪吗 |
[32:13] | No. | 不知道 |
[32:15] | Do you want me to look for him? | 想要我去找他吗 |
[32:16] | No, I don’t. | 不想 |
[32:19] | But I’ll tell you what I do want. | 我来告诉你我想要什么 |
[32:21] | I want you to go back. | 我想要你回去 |
[32:23] | I want you to do what my father never did, | 我想要你去完成我父亲没做到的事 |
[32:25] | what I never did. | 我没做到的事 |
[32:26] | Graduate high school. | 从高中毕业 |
[32:29] | Show those preppies | 让那些预科生看看 |
[32:31] | what it means to be a Jones man. | 琼斯家的男人有什么本事 |
[32:34] | Bring honor to our name. | 为我们家争光 |
[32:48] | I’m quitting the program, Charles. | 我要退出这个项目 查尔斯 |
[32:50] | But, Betty, you’re a natural. | 贝蒂 你很有天赋 |
[32:51] | Yeah, that’s the problem. | 是的 这正是问题所在 |
[32:52] | It’s too easy for me. | 对我来说这太简单了 |
[32:53] | I could identify every single killer in your slideshow… | 我能认出你幻灯片中的每个凶手 |
[32:57] | because I’m like them. | 因为我像他们一样 |
[33:01] | I have the same genes as them. | 我和他们有相同的基因 |
[33:06] | All the more reason for you to stay in the program. | 那你更该继续参加这个项目 |
[33:09] | To make sense of that part of yourself. | 搞清自己的那部分人格 |
[33:11] | You couldn’t understand, Charles, okay? | 你不会明白的 查尔斯 |
[33:13] | – You just don’t get it. – I can. | -你不理解 -我能明白 |
[33:16] | And I do, Betty. | 而且我也理解 贝蒂 |
[33:20] | I have the genes, too. | 我也有那种基因 |
[33:22] | In fact, it’s why I joined the FBI. | 事实上 这正是我加入联调局的原因 |
[33:24] | To control those impulses. | 为了控制冲动 |
[33:26] | You have the serial killer genes? | 你有连环杀手基因 |
[33:31] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:32] | You can use this. | 你可以利用这种基因 |
[33:33] | Harness this… | 驾驭它 |
[33:34] | to keep the darkness in check. | 以抑制黑暗 |
[33:37] | I did. | 我做到了 |
[33:44] | Oh, that’s amazing news. | 这个消息真是棒极了 |
[33:46] | Thank you so much, Governor, I really appreciate it. | 太感谢了 州长 真的很感激 |
[33:51] | No, that’s fine, I’ll pick her up myself. | 不用了 我去接她就行了 |
[33:53] | Bye, now. | 再见 |
[33:57] | Sounds like you just got some good news. | 看起来你刚接到了好消息 |
[33:59] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[34:01] | My mother’s been away for a while | 我母亲离开家一段时间 |
[34:03] | and she’s finally coming home. | 现在终于要回家了 |
[34:06] | Same as your father. | 你父亲也一样 |
[34:09] | I’m sorry, do I know you? | 抱歉 我认识你吗 |
[34:11] | No. | 不 |
[34:13] | You do not. | 你不认识 |
[34:15] | But I’ll tell you the same thing | 但我会把我告诉联邦检察官的话 |
[34:17] | I told the federal prosecutor. | 也告诉你 |
[34:19] | That I’m a licensed private investigator. | 我是个有从业许可的私家侦探 |
[34:22] | That I was hired by Hiram Lodge | 海勒姆·洛奇雇我 |
[34:24] | to uncover any malfeasance against him. | 查出一切对他不利的事 |
[34:27] | And that I can unequivocally prove | 我能明确证明 |
[34:30] | that the federal prosecutor colluded with you | 联邦检察官与你合谋 |
[34:34] | to frame and bring false charges against Hiram. | 陷害和诬告海勒姆 |
[34:38] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[34:39] | Yes, it is. | 就是这样 |
[34:41] | I have many recordings of you two… plotting. | 我有很多你们二人密谋的录音 |
[34:46] | Including a conversation you two had | 包括你们两个 |
[34:51] | at that booth over there, | 在那个位置的对话 |
[34:53] | discussing Pop Tate’s subpoena. | 商量泰特老爹传票的事 |
[34:56] | You had my place bugged? | 你窃听了我的店 |
[34:57] | Yes. I did. | 是的 |
[34:59] | So, here’s what happens next. | 接下来是这样 |
[35:02] | The federal prosecutor has already told the judge | 联邦检察官已经告诉法官 |
[35:04] | that she’s dropping the charges against Hiram, | 她要放弃对海勒姆的指控 |
[35:07] | thanks to… | 多亏了 |
[35:09] | information I provided. | 我提供的信息 |
[35:11] | Look. | 听着 |
[35:13] | Whatever Hiram’s paying you, | 不管海勒姆付给你多少钱 |
[35:16] | I’ll double it. | 我付双倍 |
[35:17] | Nice try. | 想得美 |
[35:20] | But that won’t work with me. | 可在我这儿行不通 |
[35:22] | You see, our father needed help, | 我们的父亲需要帮助 |
[35:26] | someone he could trust. | 需要一个值得信任的人 |
[35:27] | So he had me come up from Miami. | 所以他让我从迈阿密过来 |
[35:29] | I fix things. | 我擅长解决问题 |
[35:31] | That’s what I do. | 这就是我的职业 |
[35:33] | “Our father”? | “我们的父亲” |
[35:37] | I don’t understand. | 什么意思 |
[35:38] | I’m Hiram’s other daughter. | 我是海勒姆的另一个女儿 |
[35:41] | Hermosa. | 埃尔莫萨 |
[35:44] | He needed me. | 他需要我 |
[35:47] | So I came. | 所以我来了 |
[35:59] | 《巴克斯特兄弟之谜》 《老风车的秘密》 | |
[36:40] | “Li’l Forsythe III. | “小福赛斯三世 |
[36:42] | Happy Birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[36:43] | Sorry, I’m not there to celebrate with you. | 抱歉不能到场为你庆祝 |
[36:47] | Never let anyone tell you that you don’t belong. | 永远别让人说你不合群 |
[36:50] | Love, Grandpa. | 爱你的 祖父 |
[36:54] | P.S. Trust few, | 附言 别相信别人 |
[36:57] | and never let them take anything from you.” | 永远别让他们夺走你的任何东西” |
[37:13] | Hiram, Hiram, Alice Smith with RIVW. | 海勒姆 RIVW艾丽丝·史密斯正在报导 |
[37:16] | Please, tell our viewers, what are you feeling right now? | 请告诉观众们 你现在感觉如何 |
[37:19] | Well, I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. | 结果我再满意不过了 |
[37:21] | And now that you’ve been vindicated of all your crimes, | 既然你被证明无罪 |
[37:24] | will you and your… | 你和你的… |
[37:28] | Daughter. | 女儿 |
[37:29] | …be leaving Riverdale? | 会离开河谷镇吗 |
[37:30] | On the contrary, | 恰恰相反 |
[37:31] | I’m excited to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine | 我为即将实现毕生梦想而激动不已 |
[37:35] | and announce my candidacy for mayor of Riverdale. | 我宣布参选河谷镇镇长 |
[37:48] | I’m confused. | 我有点晕 |
[37:48] | So we’re not bailing on your hot brother’s FBI class? | 那我们不退出你帅气哥哥的联调局课程了吗 |
[37:52] | I thought, based on what happened to Caramel– | 我以为 鉴于卡拉梅尔的遭遇… |
[37:54] | That was before I got privileged information | 后来我得到的秘密资料 |
[37:56] | that made me realize that we don’t actually know | 让我发现我们对查尔斯 |
[37:59] | anything about Charles. | 一无所知 |
[38:00] | Forget, “Is Charles gay or straight?” | 忘了查尔斯是弯是直的问题吧 |
[38:02] | I’m interested in, is he a serial killer or not? | 我感兴趣的是 他是不是连环杀手 |
[38:07] | I’m serious, Kevin. | 我是认真的 凯文 |
[38:08] | The only places I’ve ever seen him are Pop’s, | 我只在老爹快餐店 |
[38:10] | my house, and the FBI office. | 我家 联调局办公室见过他 |
[38:14] | I mean, what does he do all day? | 他整天都做什么 |
[38:15] | Where does he go? Where does he live? | 他都去哪儿 他住哪儿 |
[38:17] | And, again, why is he still in Riverdale? | 还有 他为什么还在河谷镇 |
[38:22] | I thought he was helping out Jughead’s dad on some cases. | 我以为他在帮猪头他爸查案 |
[38:24] | What cases? | 什么案子 |
[38:26] | He’s keeping secrets from me, Kev, I know it. | 他有事瞒着我 小凯 我知道的 |
[38:30] | That’s why we have to stay close to him. | 所以我们必须跟紧他 |
[38:52] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[38:57] | For too long you’ve been preying on the youth of Riverdale. | 你已经残害河谷镇的年轻人太长时间了 |
[39:00] | That ends now. | 现在结束了 |
[39:01] | It’s time for you to book a one-way bus ticket out of town. | 你该订一张离开镇子的单程车票了 |
[39:04] | I’ve got manpower. | 我有人手 |
[39:06] | The support of the people. | 有众人的支持 |
[39:09] | You… | 你 |
[39:12] | whoever the hell you are, | 不管你到底是谁 |
[39:14] | don’t. | 没有 |
[39:15] | Consider this a declaration of war. | 我在此向你宣战 |
[39:18] | Leave town, | 离开镇子 |
[39:20] | or the next time we meet, | 否则下次我们见面 |
[39:21] | you won’t be driving away. | 别说驾车离开了 |
[39:23] | You won’t even be walking. | 你连走都走不了 |
[39:25] | That’s a promise. | 说到做到 |
[39:33] | I’m not going anywhere! | 我哪儿也不去 |
[39:38] | You’re a dead man, you hear me? | 你死定了 听到没 |
[39:40] | You’re a dead man! | 你死定了 |
[39:44] | Mr. Chipping and I have conferred | 我和奇平老师已经交换了意见 |
[39:45] | and decided on the theme | 选定了巴克斯特兄弟 |
[39:47] | for our Baxter Brothers writing competition. | 写作比赛的主题 |
[39:49] | Who’s interested? | 谁有兴趣 |
[40:00] | Jughead? | 猪头 |
[40:04] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[40:05] | I’m in… | 我参加 |
[40:07] | and I’m winning. | 而且胜券在握 |
[40:08] | And please, Mr. Chipping, from here on, | 从现在开始 奇平老师 |
[40:10] | you can call me Forsythe, the Third. | 您可以叫我福赛斯三世 |
[40:16] | It’s after my grandfather. | 这个名字取自我祖父 |
[40:17] | Wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[40:19] | Then you, and your classmates, will be challenged to devise | 那你和你的同学们要挑战的是 |
[40:24] | the perfect murder. | 设计完美谋杀 |
[40:26] | That’s your theme. | 这就是你们的主题 |
[40:29] | Let the bloodbath begin. | 让杀戮开始吧 |
[40:34] | 生物课 春季学期 | |
[40:39] | Archie Andrews, Betty Cooper, | 亚奇·安德鲁斯 贝蒂·库珀 |
[40:41] | and Veronica Lodge, | 还有维罗尼卡·洛奇 |
[40:42] | you’re under arrest | 你们因无情杀害 |
[40:43] | for the cold-blooded murder of my son, Jughead Jones. | 我儿子猪头·琼斯被捕了 |