时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You know what I think, carrottop? | 知道我是怎么想的吗 胡萝卜头 |
[00:05] | I think you’ve got a hero complex. | 我觉得你有英雄情结 |
[00:07] | Who is Julian? | 谁是朱利安 |
[00:08] | Julian was to be your triplet. | 朱利安本来是你们三胞胎的一个 |
[00:11] | You had absorbed the third one. | 你把第三个孩子吞并了 |
[00:14] | The spirit of Julian is haunting Thistlehouse? | 朱利安的灵魂正在蓟园出没吗 |
[00:17] | What other explanation could there possibly be? | 还可能有其他解释吗 |
[00:19] | Now that the trials are over, | 既然庭审已经结束 |
[00:21] | I think it’s time to let bygones be bygones. | 过去的事情就让它们过去吧 |
[00:23] | Veronica, I have invited your father back. | 维罗尼卡 我邀请你父亲回来的 |
[00:26] | I can’t believe you. | 真不敢相信 |
[00:27] | We were done with him. | 我们跟他断绝关系了 |
[00:29] | I wanted to ask you about Grandpa. | 我想问问你关于爷爷的事 |
[00:30] | Did you know he was a writer? | 你知道他是作家吗 |
[00:31] | My old man wasn’t a writer. | 我爸不是作家 |
[00:33] | He was a mean… mean drunk. | 他就是个讨厌的酒鬼 |
[00:36] | You two were trying to cover up | 你们两个在努力掩盖 |
[00:37] | something about Mr. Chipping’s suicide. | 齐平老师自杀的真相 |
[00:39] | Or was it a murder? | 还是说谋杀 |
[00:40] | You were there, Jones, no one pushed him out that window. | 你当时在场 琼斯 没人把他推出窗外 |
[00:42] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[00:43] | Six hours of our house. | 我们房子六小时的监控 |
[00:45] | Why would somebody do that? | 为什么会有人这么做 |
[00:46] | Film it, and then leave the evidence on the front doorstep? | 先拍下来 然后把证据放在前门台阶上 |
[00:51] | After a brief hiatus, Riverdale’s Watcher in the ‘burbs | 在短暂的休息之后 河谷镇的偷窥者 |
[00:55] | had released his much-anticipated follow up. | 公布了他期待已久的后续行动 |
[00:58] | In the dead of night, | 在夜深人静的时候 |
[00:59] | a second round of voyeuristic videotapes | 第二轮偷窥录像带 |
[01:01] | had been left on doorsteps across town. | 出现在家家户户的前门台阶上 |
[01:05] | Once again, VCRs were dusted off with dread. | 大家又一次慌张地擦拭录像机 |
[01:09] | And once again, they played hours upon hours | 又一次播放了观众自己家 |
[01:14] | of footage of the viewers’ home. | 几个小时的录像 |
[01:16] | Only this time, the camera was much, much closer. | 只是这一次 相机离我们近多了 |
[01:20] | The implications were terrifying. | 其中的含义很可怕 |
[01:22] | What was next for the Watcher? Breaking and entering? | 观察者接下来要做什么 破门而入吗 |
[01:26] | And as if those deliveries weren’t unsettling enough, | 仿佛那些录像带还不够吓人 |
[01:28] | colleges and universities | 学院和大学 |
[01:30] | had started sending out their first wave of envelopes. | 已经寄来第一批邮件了 |
[01:33] | Some thin, some thick. | 有些薄 有些厚 |
[01:35] | All life-changing. | 都是改变一生的消息 |
[01:38] | Making it a particularly stressful time for Riverdale High seniors. | 这段时间河谷镇高中四年级生特别紧张 |
[01:42] | Which is why Principal Honey | 所以哈尼校长 |
[01:43] | asked the school’s guidance counselor, | 让学校的辅导员 |
[01:45] | Mrs. Burble, to offer extended office hours. | 布尔芭比女士 延长办公时间 |
[01:49] | So whatever anxiety the students were feeling, | 只要学生们感到焦虑 |
[01:51] | they’d have a licensed professional to go to | 学校就有一个持照专业人士 |
[01:53] | for confidential comfort and/or advice. | 为他们提供保密的安慰及建议 |
[01:57] | Something, it turned out, | 结果发现 |
[01:59] | many of us were long overdue for. | 我们很多人早就需要辅导了 |
[02:01] | Hey, Mom. I’m gonna make some Highpoint. | 妈 我煮点咖啡 |
[02:03] | Do you want any? | 你要吗 |
[02:10] | What’s wrong? Is everything okay? | 怎么了 没事吧 |
[02:11] | You were so sweet when you were little, Elizabeth. | 你小时候真可爱 伊丽莎白 |
[02:15] | So innocent. When did you become a liar? | 太天真了 你什么时候变成骗子的 |
[02:18] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[02:23] | “Dear, Ms. Elizabeth Cooper, | “亲爱的 伊丽莎白·库珀女士 |
[02:25] | after careful review of your Early Action application, | 经过仔细审查你的早申项目之后 |
[02:28] | the Admissions Committee regrets to inform you | 招生办很遗憾地通知你 |
[02:30] | that we are unable to offer you a place at Yale University.” | 我们无法为您提供耶鲁大学的名额” |
[02:36] | I didn’t get in? | 我没考上 |
[02:38] | Wait. You opened my mail? | 等等 你打开我的邮件了 |
[02:40] | I thought to myself, | 我心想 |
[02:41] | “How could my Betty get rejected from college? | “我的贝蒂怎么会被大学拒绝 |
[02:44] | What has her so unfocused | 她为什么这么不专心 |
[02:46] | that it cost her her future?” | 牺牲了自己的前途” |
[02:48] | – So, I searched your bedroom. – You did what? | -所以 我搜了你的卧室 -你什么 |
[02:49] | And do you know what I found | 你知道我在你的床头柜下面 |
[02:50] | hidden in the false bottom of your night stand? | 发现了什么吗 |
[02:54] | Oh, my God, Mom! | 天哪 妈妈 |
[02:56] | You should be studying. | 你应该学习 |
[02:57] | You should be focused. | 你应该集中精力 |
[02:59] | Instead, you are out of control. | 相反 你失去了控制 |
[03:00] | Okay, that’s it. This is the last straw. | 够了 这是最后一根稻草 |
[03:02] | We are not discussing this. | 这件事到此为止 |
[03:04] | We are not discussing anything. | 什么都别说了 |
[03:05] | You and I are not on speaking terms. | 以后咱俩别说话了 |
[03:07] | You have been invading my privacy for years. | 你多年来一直侵犯我的隐私 |
[03:10] | And it’s over. | 以后不会了 |
[03:15] | Mrs. Burble, do you have a minute? | 布尔芭比女士 你有空吗 |
[03:17] | Yes. | 有 |
[03:18] | Ms. Cooper, come on in, please. | 库珀女士 请进 |
[03:21] | 65号案例 伊丽莎白·库珀 | |
[03:21] | Skit-Skat? | 吃糖吗 |
[03:23] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[03:27] | I have a sweet tooth. | 我爱吃甜食 |
[03:28] | So, how can I be of help? | 我能帮上什么忙吗 |
[03:33] | Mom? | 妈 |
[03:34] | Oh, we’re in the middle of a session, Mrs. Cooper. | 我们在做心理辅导 库珀太太 |
[03:37] | It’s Ms. Smith. | 请叫我史密斯女士 |
[03:38] | So you’re stalking me now, too? | 你现在还跟踪我 |
[03:39] | Shocking as it may seem, Betty, | 虽然听上去很扯 贝蒂 |
[03:41] | I didn’t know that you would be here. | 但我不知道你在这里 |
[03:42] | I came down to talk to Mrs. Burble myself. | 我是来找布尔芭比女士谈心的 |
[03:44] | To see if she could give me any insight on how to… | 看看她能不能给我一些如何跟你交流的 |
[03:47] | talk to you. | 建议 |
[03:48] | This. This is what’s bothering me. | 这个 这就是困扰我的原因 |
[03:50] | Her control-complex. Her insane overreactions. | 她的控制欲 反应过度 |
[03:54] | This is my problem. | 这就是我的问题 |
[03:55] | No. What her problem is, | 不 她的问题是 |
[03:56] | is that she’s been rejected from college, | 她被大学拒绝了 |
[03:57] | because she’s too busy having sex. | 因为她忙于做爱 |
[03:59] | Is that what you associate with sexuality, Ms. Smith? | 史密斯女士 这就是你眼中的性行为吗 |
[04:03] | – Shortcomings? – Excuse me, Ms. Burble, | -是缺点吗 -对不起 布尔芭比女士 |
[04:05] | I must have missed your doctorate on the wall | 我应该是漏掉了你墙上的博士学位 |
[04:07] | because I don’t need a therapist. | 因为我不需要心理医生 |
[04:09] | Licensed psychologist, actually. | 其实我是有执照的心理学家 |
[04:12] | What Betty needs is an intervention | 贝蒂需要我们介入 |
[04:14] | for this irresponsible disregard for her future. | 因为她完全不顾自己的未来 |
[04:18] | Oh, that’s interesting. | 真有趣 |
[04:19] | I was gonna say that there were months, or actually years, | 我本来还想说她的脑残育儿经历 |
[04:22] | worth of psychotic parenting to unpack. | 几个月 甚至几年都说不完 |
[04:25] | Clearly, there are a lot of feelings here. | 显然 大家都很激动 |
[04:28] | Betty, | 贝蒂 |
[04:30] | would it be okay with you if your mother joined us. | 你同意你妈加入我们吗 |
[04:33] | Even if I said no, she would stay anyways. | 即使我说不 她还是会留下来 |
[04:39] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[04:42] | Do you hide things from your mother? | 你对你妈妈隐瞒了什么吗 |
[04:44] | 伊丽莎白·库珀和艾丽丝·史密斯 65B号案例 | |
[04:45] | Well, yeah. | 是的 |
[04:47] | Of course. Everyone does, but… | 当然 每个人都有秘密 但是 |
[04:50] | I mean, I learned from the best. | 毕竟名师出高徒 |
[04:52] | So you feel she keeps secrets from you, too? | 这么说 你觉得她也对你隐瞒了秘密 |
[04:55] | Since, literally, the day I was born. | 从我出生的那天就开始了 |
[04:57] | Only when it’s in her best interest. | 我都是为了她好 |
[05:00] | So you joining a cult, | 那你加入邪教 |
[05:01] | that was in my best interest? | 也是为我好吗 |
[05:03] | Not mentioning to me | 你从来没跟我说过 |
[05:04] | that you weren’t actually brainwashed the whole time, | 你当时没有被洗脑 |
[05:07] | you were just undercover with the FBI, | 你只是联调局的卧底 |
[05:09] | working with my long-lost half-brother | 和我失散多年的同父异母的哥哥一起工作 |
[05:11] | who I thought was dead, that was in my best interest? | 我起初以为他已经死了 这也是为了我好 |
[05:14] | You’re a child. I was protecting you. | 你是个孩子 我是在保护你 |
[05:16] | Then explain how giving away | 那你解释一下 |
[05:17] | my college fund to the Farm was part of that. | 为什么把我的大学学费交给农场 |
[05:19] | That was before, when I was under the influence of Edgar. | 当时我被埃德加洗脑了 |
[05:21] | How about when you didn’t tell me | 那你为什么不告诉我 |
[05:23] | that I had the serial killer genes? | 我有连环杀手基因 |
[05:24] | Or when you had Polly committed to The Sisters of Quiet Mercy, | 你把波莉交给”慈祥安静的修女们”时 |
[05:27] | and didn’t tell me where she was? | 也没告诉我她在哪里 |
[05:30] | Or when you had me dragged off to that evil-nun-hell-hole? | 后来你还把我送去了那个邪恶的修女地狱 |
[05:33] | Because she did, Mrs. Burble, | 就是她 布尔芭比女士 |
[05:35] | where they force-fed me drugs against my will. | 那里的人强行喂我吃药 |
[05:37] | But, hey, but, hey. You know, at least they were Fizzle Rocks, | 但是 还好吃的只是嘶嘶泡泡丸 |
[05:40] | – and not birth-control because God forbid! – Context is important here. | -不是避孕药 因为上帝禁止 -不能断章取义 |
[05:43] | – Context. – Did you ever realize that | -断章取义 -你有没有意识到 |
[05:44] | maybe I started taking birth-control | 也许我吃避孕药 |
[05:46] | because I didn’t wanna have a baby at 16 like you? | 是因为我不希望像你一样 16岁就怀孕 |
[05:48] | Or Polly? I didn’t wanna be like the two of you, | 还有波莉 我不想像你们俩一样 |
[05:51] | pregnant and married to a murderer, | 怀上孩子 嫁给一个杀人犯 |
[05:54] | or a cult-leader, or both? | 或是邪教领袖 或者两者兼之 |
[05:55] | I’d hoped I’d raised you to be smarter than us. | 我希望把你培养得比我们更明智 |
[05:57] | And no offense, Mom, I am. | 别介意 妈妈 我确实比你明智 |
[06:00] | Being proactive is being smart. | 有前瞻性就是明智 |
[06:02] | And you’re acting so naive, | 你太天真了 |
[06:04] | like you didn’t think I was having sex. | 好像你不知道我做爱了一样 |
[06:06] | Jughead and I sleep in the same bed. | 我和猪头睡在一张床上 |
[06:08] | She’s too young to have sex. | 她还没到做爱的年纪 |
[06:10] | She doesn’t know what’s good for her. | 她还分不清好坏 |
[06:11] | You are so hypocritical. | 你真虚伪 |
[06:13] | I was fine taking care of myself | 当你抛弃我去农场的时候 |
[06:16] | when you abandoned me for the Farm. | 我把自己照顾得挺好 |
[06:18] | Yet you keep treating me like a child. | 但你一直把我当孩子看待 |
[06:21] | Oh, so that’s a crime now? | 这还成我的罪过了吗 |
[06:22] | A mother wanting to protect her child. | 我只是一个想保护孩子的母亲 |
[06:24] | You’ve said that several times now. | 你说过很多次了 |
[06:26] | Betty’s young. Betty is a child. | 贝蒂还小 贝蒂是个孩子 |
[06:29] | Why do you think that is? | 你觉得这是为什么 |
[06:30] | She is! | 因为她是啊 |
[06:33] | Look, it’s fine for me. | 我无所谓的 |
[06:35] | I take her insults. | 我可以接受她的侮辱 |
[06:36] | That’s my cross to bear as a parent. | 作为父母 这是我应该承受的负担 |
[06:39] | But the things that she’s written in her diaries… | 但是她在日记里写的东西 |
[06:41] | You read her diaries? | 你看过她的日记吗 |
[06:42] | Yes, because she has no boundaries. | 是的 因为她没有界限 |
[06:44] | No emotional respect. None. | 完全不尊重我的感受 |
[06:46] | How does that make you feel? | 你对此有何反应 |
[06:47] | Like I’m filled with gunpowder, | 感觉我全身都是火药 |
[06:50] | and I’m one Elizabeth away from exploding. | 离爆炸只有一步之遥 |
[06:54] | You need to stop invading my privacy, | 你要停止侵犯我的隐私 |
[06:56] | and accept the fact that I’m becoming an adult. | 接受我长大的事实 |
[07:02] | You will always be my daughter, Elizabeth. | 你永远是我的女儿 伊丽莎白 |
[07:05] | And I am so, so worried about you. | 我很担心你 |
[07:08] | – But not for the right reasons, Mom. – Wha… | -但是初衷不合理 妈妈 -什么 |
[07:11] | Forget about college, sex, and the serial killer genes. | 先不提大学 做爱 还有连环杀手基因 |
[07:14] | Think about everything that you have done to me. | 想想你对我所做的一切 |
[07:18] | That is what I’m going to be unpacking for the rest of my life. | 这就是我下半辈子要卸下的负担 |
[07:22] | So you either… | 所以你要不 |
[07:24] | start treating me like I’m an adult, | 像对待成年人一样对待我 |
[07:26] | or I will not be in your life. | 要不咱俩就别再见面了 |
[07:29] | Ms. Smith, Betty’s education, | 史密斯女士 贝蒂的教育 |
[07:31] | her relationship, her behavior… | 她的恋爱关系 她的行为 |
[07:34] | I think those things make you afraid. | 那些东西会让你害怕 |
[07:37] | Afraid that Betty is growing up. | 你害怕贝蒂长大了 |
[07:40] | That may even be why you gave away her college money, | 这也许促使你挪用了她的大学学费 |
[07:43] | because if you can control her, | 你觉得如果能控制她 |
[07:45] | you can hold on to her childhood just a little bit longer. | 就可以继续抓住她童年的尾巴 |
[07:49] | Does that sound right? | 你觉得对吗 |
[07:52] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[07:55] | I’ve already lost two children. | 我已经失去了两个孩子 |
[07:59] | First Charles. | 先是查尔斯 |
[08:01] | Then Polly. And Betty… | 然后是波莉 贝蒂 |
[08:05] | growing up, leaving for college, | 长大了 去上大学 |
[08:08] | moving out, moving on. | 离开家 继续自己的生活 |
[08:10] | It just feels like I’m losing you, too. | 我觉得也要失去你了 |
[08:12] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[08:14] | That’s what happens. | 人生就是这样 |
[08:17] | Kids grow up and they leave. | 孩子们长大以后就离开了 |
[08:20] | I can’t be your only… hope. | 我不能成为你唯一的希望 |
[08:25] | But I love you. | 但我爱你 |
[08:27] | I love you, too, but that is not an apology. | 我也爱你 但你这不叫道歉 |
[08:32] | That does not justify | 这并不能为你 |
[08:34] | the horrible, unhealthy things that you have done. | 不健康的不当行为开脱 |
[08:37] | How you keep suffocating me. | 你一直让我很窒息 |
[08:39] | And why me? Why are you doing this to me? | 为什么是我 你为什么要这样对我 |
[08:41] | Because I love you. | 因为我爱你 |
[08:43] | But you love Polly, too. | 但你也爱波莉 |
[08:45] | She’s in an asylum. She needs you. She needs help. | 她在精神病院 她需要你 她需要帮助 |
[08:48] | So why can’t you go do this to her? | 你为什么不能这样爱她 |
[08:50] | Because I love you more. | 因为我更爱你 |
[08:52] | I love you most. | 我最爱你 |
[09:15] | Newton’s Laws of Motion… | 牛顿运动定律 |
[09:17] | Now, who can tell me… | 谁能告诉我 |
[09:22] | Archie. | 亚奇 |
[09:24] | Archie. | 亚奇 |
[09:26] | Archie. | 亚奇 |
[09:31] | I’m so sorry, Dr. Phylum. | 很抱歉 法勒姆博士 |
[09:33] | Save it for Mrs. Burble. | 留着跟布尔芭比女士说吧 |
[09:35] | I’m not interested in your explanations. | 我对你的解释不感兴趣 |
[09:37] | I’m really sorry, Ms. Burble. I’ve been having… | 真的很抱歉 布尔芭比女士 我最近 |
[09:39] | 70号案例 亚奇博德·安德鲁斯 | |
[09:40] | trouble sleeping, lately. | 一直睡不好 |
[09:42] | Maybe it’s like insomnia. | 可能是失眠 |
[09:43] | Oh, it’s okay, Archie. | 没关系 亚奇 |
[09:44] | I’m not here to reprimand you. | 我不是来训斥你的 |
[09:47] | I just wanna talk. | 我只是想谈谈 |
[09:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:50] | – What about? – Well, for starters, college. | -谈什么 -先聊聊大学吧 |
[09:53] | You haven’t applied to any. | 你还没有申请呢 |
[09:54] | Yeah, I… I’m not really interested. | 是的 我不是很感兴趣 |
[09:56] | I’m needed here in Riverdale. | 河谷镇需要我 |
[09:59] | To take over Andrews Construction? | 你要接手安德鲁斯建筑公司吗 |
[10:01] | No. To clean up the town. | 不 我要清理这个城镇 |
[10:04] | Someone needs to step up. | 这里需要有人站出来 |
[10:05] | Like my dad would’ve. | 就像我爸爸那样 |
[10:06] | He spent his whole life helping people. | 他一生都在帮助别人 |
[10:09] | Can we talk about him for a second? | 我们能谈谈他吗 |
[10:12] | How are you managing? | 你现在还好吗 |
[10:14] | I try to carry on his legacy. | 我正在努力继承他的遗志 |
[10:16] | You’ve already done so much good. | 你已经做了很多好事 |
[10:18] | You opened up a center for at-risk kids. | 你为处于危险的孩子开设了一个中心 |
[10:22] | – That’s not enough. – Why would you think that? | -这还不够 -你为什么这么想 |
[10:24] | Ever since I started trying to help people, | 自从我开始帮助别人 |
[10:27] | things have gotten complicated. | 事情变得复杂了 |
[10:29] | I’ve messed things up and I have to fix it, | 我把事情搞砸了 我必须解决 |
[10:32] | – so no one else gets hurt. – Hurt? | -这样别人才不会受伤 -受伤 |
[10:35] | Archie… | 亚奇 |
[10:36] | I have to tell you. | 我必须提醒你 |
[10:39] | If you admit to a crime, | 如果你承认犯罪 |
[10:41] | or tell me that you’re putting yourself or anyone else in danger, | 或者告诉我你给自己或其他人带来危险 |
[10:44] | I’m required to report it. | 我必须得上报 |
[10:45] | – I’m fine. – Are you? | -我没事 -是吗 |
[10:47] | Because you’ve missed a lot of football, where you excelled. | 你多次缺席橄榄球训练 这是你最擅长的运动 |
[10:51] | And those cuts and bruises on your hands are not from sports. | 而且你手上的伤痕不是运动造成的 |
[10:59] | The truth is… | 其实 |
[11:04] | I go out at night. | 我晚上会出门 |
[11:05] | You mean cruising in Fox Forest? | 你是说在福克斯森林猎艳 |
[11:07] | What? No. I don’t mean that. | 什么 不 我不是那个意思 |
[11:09] | I… | 我 |
[11:11] | I put on a mask, | 我会戴上面具 |
[11:14] | and I try to… | 尽力 |
[11:18] | help people. | 帮助别人 |
[11:19] | I’m not sure I follow. | 我没听明白 |
[11:20] | I’m a big comic book fan. Mr. Justice, | 我是一个漫画迷 正义先生 |
[11:23] | the Comet, the Red Circle… | 彗星 红圈会 |
[11:25] | I really identify with them, you know? | 我很认同 你知道吗 |
[11:27] | Are you saying… | 你是说 |
[11:29] | that you’re having fantasies… | 你在幻想 |
[11:32] | about acting like these comic book heroes? | 像漫画里的英雄一样 |
[11:34] | Exactly. Like there’s this dealer, Dodger, | 没错 比如有个毒贩叫道奇 |
[11:37] | he uses kids to do his dirty work. | 他利用孩子们帮他干脏活 |
[11:40] | Kids. And the police can’t do anything. | 都是孩子 警察也无能为力 |
[11:42] | So someone else has to stop him. | 所以必须有人阻止他 |
[11:44] | – Yes. – To protect the community. | -是的 -为了保护社区 |
[11:45] | – Yes. – A vigilante. | -是的 -一个义警 |
[11:48] | – No. – Who protects a vigilante? | -不是 -谁来保护义警 |
[11:50] | Who cares? | 管它呢 |
[11:51] | I don’t read a lot of comic books, | 我不怎么看漫画 |
[11:52] | but doesn’t the hero usually suffer a great tragedy, | 但英雄一般都是经历了悲剧 |
[11:55] | and then create their persona out of rage? Is that right? | 盛怒之下才成为义警 对吧 |
[11:58] | I guess so. | 也许吧 |
[11:59] | Doesn’t that resonate with you? | 你与他们有共鸣吗 |
[12:01] | Because everything that you’ve told me | 因为你所说的那些 |
[12:03] | feels like it could be fueled by grief-induced anger– | 感觉像是把悲痛化为了愤怒 |
[12:07] | Like I said, Ms. Burble, I just– I’m just trying to help. | 我说了 布尔芭比女士 我只是想帮忙 |
[12:09] | But to do it safely, we have to acknowledge | 但为了安全着想 我们必须接受愤怒 |
[12:12] | – and work on the anger. – Why? | -并想办法将其化解 -为什么 |
[12:15] | I know I’m angry, Ms. Burble. I’m not an idiot. | 我知道我很愤怒 布尔芭比女士 我不傻 |
[12:18] | Look at all the crappy things that have happened to me, | 想想我遇到的那些破事 |
[12:20] | to my friends, to my dad. | 以及我朋友们和父亲的遭遇 |
[12:24] | They make me angry. | 那些事让我愤怒 |
[12:26] | You… | 你 |
[12:27] | talking to me like I’m a moron, that makes me angry. | 把我当傻子对待 这也让我愤怒 |
[12:30] | – Understandably. – And it hurts. | -可以理解 -好痛苦 |
[12:34] | I hurt… all the time. | 我一直以来都很痛苦 |
[12:37] | And all I wanna do is make sure no one else does. | 我只是想确保不再有人和我一样痛苦 |
[12:42] | But I’ve screwed it up. | 但我搞砸了 |
[12:45] | My mom almost got shot in the drive-by. | 我妈差点遇袭中弹 |
[12:49] | She was held at gunpoint on Thanksgiving. | 感恩节那天她被人拿枪指着 |
[12:53] | How is a guy supposed to… | 我该如何… |
[12:55] | to clean up the town, | 维护治安 |
[12:57] | and protect his loved ones if he’s putting them in the crosshairs? | 并且保护处境危险的至亲 |
[13:03] | So what am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么做 |
[13:10] | “Theoretically”? | 理论上讲 |
[13:16] | The behavior you’re discussing | 你说的这种行为 |
[13:19] | sounds like an addiction. | 听上去像上了瘾 |
[13:20] | No, it’s not. | 不是的 |
[13:22] | Isn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[13:23] | You’re aware of negative consequences, | 你知道会有不良后果 |
[13:25] | but you’re compelled anyway. | 却还是一意孤行 |
[13:28] | That’s compulsive behavior. | 这是强迫症行为 |
[13:32] | Forget me going out at night. | 且不说我夜出当义警 |
[13:35] | Just running the center has made me a target. | 光是开办中心就已经让我被盯上了 |
[13:37] | Yeah, but you keep at it. | 对 但你没有放弃 |
[13:40] | It’s the appropriate and smarter way | 这才是合适而明智的方式 |
[13:42] | to channel your anger and help those in need. | 既能化解愤怒 又能帮助他人 |
[13:45] | It feels like it’s not enough. | 可这还不够 |
[13:47] | Then why not enlist more volunteers? | 那为何不多招收点志愿者 |
[13:50] | Like me. | 比如我 |
[13:51] | Or you can start an anonymous tip line | 也可以开设一条匿名举报热线 |
[13:53] | to give you farther reach, | 来帮助更多人 |
[13:55] | so those people who are scared to talk to the police | 这样那些不敢报警的人 |
[13:57] | can report things. | 可以放心举报 |
[13:59] | But I can’t stress this enough, Archie. | 但我还是想劝你 亚奇 |
[14:02] | Do not go out at night. | 不要夜出当义警 |
[14:05] | You could get hurt. | 你会受伤的 |
[14:07] | Your loved ones could get hurt. | 你的至亲也会受伤 |
[14:10] | Mom, can we talk? | 妈 能聊聊吗 |
[14:12] | Oh, boy. What’s wrong? | 老天 怎么了 |
[14:17] | I don’t wanna give up on my work at the community center. | 我不想放弃社区中心 |
[14:20] | Yeah, I know. I’ve made my peace with that. | 我知道 我也接受了 |
[14:22] | Yeah. But I can’t keep putting you in danger. | 但我不能再置你于险境了 |
[14:25] | Dodger and his family are still out there, | 道奇那一家子 |
[14:27] | and sooner or later they’ll come after me. | 不会放过我的 |
[14:28] | So… | 所以… |
[14:31] | I’m moving out. | 我要搬出去 |
[14:33] | – Archie, no. – Mom, | -亚奇 不要 -妈 |
[14:34] | you don’t have a choice. | 你没得选择 |
[14:36] | I’m 18. I’m an adult. | 我18岁了 已经成年了 |
[14:39] | I’m gonna move into the center, | 我要搬去中心住一阵子 |
[14:40] | just for a while until Sheriff Jones catches Dodger | 等琼斯警长抓住道奇 |
[14:43] | and things cool off for a bit. | 风头过去再说 |
[14:44] | Archie, you don’t have to do this. | 亚奇 你不必搬出去的 |
[14:46] | Yes, I do. Their war’s with me, not with you. | 我必须搬 他们针对的人是我 不是你 |
[14:52] | It’s okay. I’ll be okay. | 没事的 我不会有事的 |
[15:06] | 需要帮助吗 遇到麻烦了吗 说出来 拨打热线 | |
[15:19] | You’ve reached the Riverdale Hotline. | 这里是河谷镇热线 |
[15:20] | If you wish to report a problem in your neighborhood, | 如果你想举报社区里的问题 |
[15:22] | leave a message. | 请留言 |
[15:24] | Anonymity’s your choice. We’re here to help. | 匿名与否取决于你 我们只提供帮助 |
[15:26] | And remember… | 记住… |
[15:28] | you’re not alone. | 你不是孤军奋战 |
[16:07] | Cheryl Blossom, | 谢丽尔·布鲁森 |
[16:08] | please report to Principal Honey’s office. | 请到哈尼校长的办公室报到 |
[16:11] | And the war of the red roses rages on. | 红玫瑰战争开始了 |
[16:14] | Good luck, babe. | 好运 宝贝 |
[16:16] | So, wherefore are we rattling sabers today, Principal Honey? | 这箭弩拔张的是干什么 哈尼校长 |
[16:19] | Ms. Blossom, do you know how many absences you’ve had this semester? | 布鲁森小姐 你知道自己这学期缺勤了几次吗 |
[16:23] | – Twenty-six. – Need I remind you | -26次 -需要我提醒你 |
[16:25] | and the sorry lot of yams you call educators, | 和那群所谓的教育工作者们吗 |
[16:27] | that I have suffered numerous family deaths. | 我经历了多次丧亲之痛 |
[16:30] | My mother disappeared, | 我母亲失踪了 |
[16:32] | I am raising twin toddlers, | 我要抚养一对双胞胎幼童 |
[16:34] | and I am the sole caregiver for my Nana. | 还要独自照料我外婆 |
[16:36] | Yeah, well, it is for those reasons that I have decided | 对 所以我才决定 |
[16:39] | to put a certified adult in charge of the cheerleading squad. | 把啦啦队交给一个专业的成年人 |
[16:42] | Pause. | 慢着 |
[16:44] | You’re taking my Vixens away from me? | 你要夺走我的雌狐队吗 |
[16:47] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[16:49] | I will let Mrs. Burble interview you | 我让布尔芭比女士跟你谈谈 |
[16:52] | and make a recommendation. | 再出一份评估 |
[16:53] | But if she deems you psychologically unfit, | 如果她判定你的精神状态不稳定 |
[16:56] | it’s over. | 那就免谈了 |
[17:00] | 72号案例 谢丽尔·布鲁森 | |
[17:04] | So, Cheryl, would you like a Three Buccaneers? | 谢丽尔 吃块牛轧糖吗 |
[17:08] | I don’t eat nougat, I don’t take bribes, | 我不吃牛轧糖 不接受贿赂 |
[17:10] | and I don’t talk to trade-school flunkies about my feelings. | 也不跟职校的喽啰们谈心 |
[17:13] | You know, Cheryl, the only way you’re gonna get what you want, | 谢丽尔 要想争取回雌狐队 |
[17:16] | your Vixens back, is if you talk to me… | 唯一的办法就是跟我聊聊 |
[17:19] | about you. | 你自己 |
[17:20] | Okay, then. | 好吧 |
[17:21] | I have a rapturous girlfriend, | 我有个热情的女朋友 |
[17:23] | total independence, a 4.0, and amazing hair. | 独立自强 成绩优异 有一头迷人秀发 |
[17:26] | – Are we done? – Not quite. | -聊完了吗 -还没呢 |
[17:29] | Did you receive a videotape? | 你收到录像带了吗 |
[17:31] | How’d it make you feel? | 看了有什么感受 |
[17:33] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[17:34] | I have felled multiple villains with my bow over the years. | 我这几年干掉的坏人多得是 |
[17:37] | I’m not afraid of some sad AV pervert | 那些可悲的变态可吓不倒我 |
[17:39] | with a camcorder older than your blazer. | 他们用的摄像机比你的衣服还老土 |
[17:41] | Speaking of the last few years, | 说到前几年 |
[17:42] | have you ever spoken to a professional | 你有和专业人士 |
[17:45] | about everything you’ve been through? | 聊过自己的经历吗 |
[17:47] | Your mother’s abuse, your brother’s murder, | 你母亲的虐待 哥哥的惨死 |
[17:49] | your father’s suicide, | 父亲的自杀 |
[17:51] | your time in conversion therapy, | 你接受的转换治疗 |
[17:54] | and an organ harvesting cult, | 收割器官的邪教 |
[17:57] | your near-death experience in Sweetwater River– | 以及你在甜水河的濒死经历 |
[17:59] | That was an accident. | 那是意外 |
[18:03] | It would be okay if you told me it wasn’t. | 你可以告诉我真相的 |
[18:07] | Cheryl, you’ve endured lifetimes of trauma. | 谢丽尔 你遭受了太多创伤 |
[18:11] | I can’t imagine going through a single one, | 那些事我一件都无法想象 |
[18:13] | much less all. | 你却经历了所有 |
[18:14] | And as a teenager, unimaginable. | 你还只是个青少年 难以想象 |
[18:17] | You are remarkably resilient. | 你意志太坚韧了 |
[18:20] | It must be exhausting. | 肯定很累吧 |
[18:25] | How’ve you been coping? | 你是怎么应对的 |
[18:34] | I talk to Jason. | 我会向杰森倾诉 |
[18:37] | I talk to my dead brother. That’s how I cope. | 向我死去的哥哥倾诉 这是我的应对方法 |
[18:39] | Like prayer. | 像祈祷那样吗 |
[18:41] | – That’s a very healthy way of dealing with grief. – No. | -这样很健康 -不 |
[18:45] | I… | 我… |
[18:46] | go into the chapel… in my house… | 会去我家的…小教堂 |
[18:51] | where my brother’s body is, | 我哥哥的尸体在那里 |
[18:53] | and…I talk to him. | 然后向他倾诉 |
[19:00] | And I think he answers me back. | 他好像会回应我 |
[19:07] | I think… | 我觉得… |
[19:09] | maybe… | 也许… |
[19:12] | I’ve lost my mind, and I don’t know when it happened. | 我疯了 不知道是什么时候疯的 |
[19:15] | Was it when Jay-Jay died? | 是杰杰死时吗 |
[19:18] | Was it when I fell through the ice? | 我是那时崩溃的吗 |
[19:21] | Have I always been this way… | 还是我本来就这样 |
[19:25] | Fractured? | 破碎不堪 |
[19:28] | In the tomb, when you’re speaking with Jason, | 你在墓里跟杰森说话时 |
[19:30] | how far away are you? | 离他有多远 |
[19:32] | I usually sit across the room. | 我通常坐在房间对面 |
[19:35] | What does it matter? | 有什么关系吗 |
[19:35] | Well, what’s the difference between that | 那跟去墓地 |
[19:37] | and people visiting a gravesite to talk to their loved ones? | 与至爱交谈的人们有何区别 |
[19:41] | Or people who have urns on their mantle? | 或是那些守着骨灰盒的人 |
[19:44] | But that ash… | 但骨灰 |
[19:46] | those rotting bodies, | 还有腐烂的尸体 |
[19:49] | they don’t talk back. | 他们不会应答 |
[19:51] | I’m not sure Jason does either. | 杰森就能应答吗 |
[19:53] | I think you want him to. | 你想让他应答 |
[19:54] | But you’re not crazy, Cheryl. | 但你不是疯了 谢丽尔 |
[19:58] | You miss your brother. | 你只是怀念你哥哥 |
[20:01] | But missing Jason doesn’t explain | 但怀念杰森并不能解释 |
[20:03] | the other goings-on in the phantasmagory that is Thistlehouse. | 蓟园出现的其他幻影 |
[20:06] | What’s happening in this Thistlehouse? | 蓟园还发生什么了 |
[20:08] | I’m being haunted by a ghost. | 我被一个鬼魂困扰 |
[20:11] | Ghosts don’t exist. | 世界上没有鬼 |
[20:13] | Your life may be defined by gothic tropes, | 你的生活或许可以用哥特式来形容 |
[20:15] | but you’re being haunted by grief, | 但困扰你的其实是悲痛 |
[20:17] | by guilt over your family’s misfortune, | 对家人的不幸感到内疚 |
[20:20] | – your brother’s death– – Brothers. | -你兄弟的死 -兄弟们 |
[20:23] | – Plural. – I’m confused. | -复数 -我不明白 |
[20:25] | Is this a metaphorical brother? | 是隐喻的兄弟吗 |
[20:26] | No, you mallard. | 不 你傻吗 |
[20:28] | I had a triplet. | 我有个三胞胎 |
[20:30] | Julian, whom I absorbed in the womb, | 朱利安 我在子宫里吃了他 |
[20:31] | and has resurfaced as a doll | 他却以一个娃娃的形象重现人间 |
[20:33] | that’s moving around my house causing mischief. | 在我家周围活动 制造麻烦 |
[20:35] | I’ve thrown him away, buried him, | 我扔掉他 埋掉他 |
[20:37] | encircled him in salts, | 用盐困过他 |
[20:38] | and he keeps coming back. | 但他挥之不去 |
[20:40] | Because he’s angry. He’s vengeful. | 因为他很生气 他很记仇 |
[20:43] | Julian’s driving you insane. | 朱利安让你发疯 |
[20:45] | Of course, he’s a Blossom. | 当然 他是布鲁森家族的 |
[20:51] | So… | 所以 |
[20:55] | Do you still maintain that I’m not mad as a hatter, | 即便我跟人类标本对话 |
[20:57] | even though I’m talking to taxidermy, | 即便我被恶魔娃娃折磨 |
[21:00] | and being tormented by a devil-doll. | 你依然觉得我没疯掉吗 |
[21:02] | I don’t think you’re being haunted, Cheryl. | 我觉得你不是被鬼魂所困 谢丽尔 |
[21:05] | And I don’t think you’ve lost your mind. | 你也没有失去理智 |
[21:07] | Then what’s wrong with me? | 那我是怎么回事 |
[21:13] | I think someone is trying to make you think | 我觉得是有人想让你觉得 |
[21:16] | that you’ve lost your mind. | 自己丧失了理智 |
[21:18] | I think you’re being gaslit. | 我觉得你是在”煤气灯下”[有人吓唬你] |
[21:20] | Like… | 就像 |
[21:22] | – Ingrid Bergman? – In fact, yes. | -英格丽·褒曼[《煤气灯下》女主角] -正是 |
[21:25] | What sounds most logical to you? | 你觉得哪种可能听起来更合理 |
[21:27] | That the evil spirit of an absorbed fetus | 是那个被吃掉的胎儿的恶灵 |
[21:29] | is inhabiting an anthropomorphic doll? | 附在了一个娃娃身上 |
[21:32] | Or that a human being | 还是说有人 |
[21:35] | is moving that doll around your house when you’re not there? | 趁你不在的时候到处移动那个娃娃呢 |
[21:38] | But Julian… | 但朱利安 |
[21:40] | We can find out the truth about Julian’s existence | 我们可以用棉签蘸取你的唾液 |
[21:43] | with a swab of your saliva. | 来验证朱利安是否真的存在 |
[21:44] | You can’t have any of my bodily fluids, you succubus. | 你这妖怪 休想夺走我的任何体液 |
[21:47] | It’s for a chimerism lab. | 我是送到化学实验室 |
[21:50] | A test that shows whether a person absorbed a fetus in the womb | 通过分析两个人是否拥有同一组基因 |
[21:54] | by analyzing if they have | 来检测一个人 |
[21:57] | one set of DNA or two. | 是否在子宫里吞噬了另一个胎儿 |
[22:00] | If I were to guess, you aren’t going to test positive. | 如果让我猜 检测结果不会呈阳性 |
[22:03] | You mean to tell me this test has existed this whole time? | 你是说一直就有这种测试 |
[22:07] | I’m going to give you the number of a doctor I know | 我认识一位医生会做这种检测 |
[22:11] | who can perform the test. | 我会给你她的号码 |
[22:13] | I’ll give her a heads up that she might be expecting you. | 我会跟她提前打好招呼 |
[22:15] | So… | 那 |
[22:17] | what about my precious Vixens? | 我最爱的雌狐队呢 |
[22:20] | Can I keep them? | 我还能拥有它吗 |
[22:21] | As a counselor, I think you’ve done A-plus work. | 作为顾问 我认为你已经做得非常好了 |
[22:25] | As an administrator, | 作为管理员 |
[22:27] | Cheryl, I’m sorry. | 谢丽尔 我很抱歉 |
[22:30] | I’m going to recommend to Principal Honey | 我会推荐哈尼校长 |
[22:32] | that he bring in a coach… | 请一位教练 |
[22:34] | to supervise the Vixens | 来督导雌狐队 |
[22:37] | while you focus on you, | 而你可以借此机会 |
[22:40] | for a little while. | 多关注一下自己 |
[23:22] | Mija, can you come here a minute? | 亲爱的 能来一下吗 |
[23:33] | What do you want, Daddy? | 有何贵干 爸爸 |
[23:35] | To tell me about another secret love-child? | 又要介绍一位秘密的爱子吗 |
[23:37] | No, I need your keen eye. | 不 我需要你的敏锐目光 |
[23:39] | Is this centered? | 摆得正吗 |
[23:43] | Don’t you think? | 不觉得吗 |
[23:46] | The first bottle of Lodge Rum I ever produced. | 这是我制造出的第一瓶洛奇朗姆酒 |
[23:49] | And second to you | 仅次于你 |
[23:51] | and my diploma from Harvard University, | 和我的哈佛大学学位证 |
[23:54] | my proudest achievement. | 我最骄傲的成就 |
[23:56] | I’m late for school. | 我要迟到了 |
[23:57] | Oh, speaking of Cambridge, | 说到剑桥 |
[23:58] | didn’t you apply to Harvard Early Action? | 你没申请哈佛的早申项目吗 |
[24:01] | I should be hearing anon. | 我很快就会收到消息了 |
[24:03] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, Microeconomics waits for no one. | 现在我要失陪了 微观经济学可不等人 |
[24:10] | Game Theory’s all about strategy. | 博弈论与策略有关 |
[24:12] | And, yeah, it’s big in Econ, | 它在经济学中占有重要地位 |
[24:14] | but it’s also been applied to war | 但也适用于战争 |
[24:18] | Oh, my God. I’m sorry. I have to take this. | 我的天 抱歉 我得接一下 |
[24:24] | Good afternoon, Dean Kingsley. | 下午好 金斯利主任 |
[24:26] | To what do I owe the pleasure? | 您有何贵干 |
[24:28] | Ms. Luna, I know it’s unorthodox, | 露娜小姐 我知道这不太符合传统 |
[24:30] | but as Dean of Admissions, | 但作为招生主任 |
[24:31] | I wanted to give you a personal heads up. | 我想提前单独跟你打个招呼 |
[24:35] | Congratulations on your acceptance to Harvard’s class of 2024. | 祝贺你被哈佛大学录取为2024级新生 |
[24:49] | Thank you so much, Dean Kingsley. | 太感谢您了 金斯利主任 |
[24:51] | August can’t come soon enough. | 我十分期待开学 |
[24:52] | Indeed. Now, will you give my regards to your father, | 确实 请替我向你父亲问好 |
[24:55] | and please thank him Veritas. | 表示诚挚的谢意 |
[25:00] | Son of a– | 他妈… |
[25:01] | Butter Flinger? | 吃糖吗 |
[25:05] | I think I know why you’re here. | 我知道你为什么来这 |
[25:07] | 75号案例 维罗尼卡·露娜 | |
[25:07] | Are there any updates I need to make to your file? | 是不是你的档案有需要我更新的地方 |
[25:10] | Regarding, say… Harvard? | 关于 哈佛 |
[25:15] | Uh, yes, actually. I got in. | 是的 我被录取了 |
[25:17] | Congratulations, Veronica. | 恭喜你 维罗尼卡 |
[25:19] | If I’m not mistaken, that was your dream school. | 如果我没记错 那是你的理想院校 |
[25:21] | It was. | 曾经是 |
[25:23] | Now it’s my nightmare. | 现在是我的梦魇了 |
[25:25] | Aren’t you proud of this milestone achievement? | 你不为这个成就感到骄傲吗 |
[25:27] | No, I didn’t achieve Harvard. | 不 哈佛不是我的成就 |
[25:29] | Once again, my father meddled in my affairs, | 我爸再次插手我的事 |
[25:31] | and apparently, bought my way into their ivy-covered walls, | 不知道是通过朗姆酒 威胁 金钱还是权色 |
[25:34] | with rum, threats, money, charm, who knows. | 把我送进了常春藤覆盖的校墙 |
[25:37] | It’s humiliating and infuriating. | 真令人感到羞愤 |
[25:39] | Infuriating because he didn’t think you can do it on your own. | 你的愤怒是因为他不相信你自己做得到 |
[25:42] | No. | 不 |
[25:43] | Because now, I’ll never know if I could do it on my own. | 因为现在我永远不知道自己能否做到了 |
[25:45] | Is it possible he was actually trying to just help? | 有没有可能他只是想帮忙 |
[25:49] | My father has a bank vault for a heart. | 我父亲的心就是银行保险库 |
[25:51] | He did this to prove he can and always will control me. | 他这么做就是为了证明他能一直控制我 |
[25:55] | And do you feel this control is him punishing you for something? | 那你觉得这种控制是他想为某事惩罚你吗 |
[25:59] | Was King Lear’s ego gossamer thin? Yes. | 李尔王的自负如蛛丝般脆弱吗 是的 |
[26:02] | This is what he does. | 他就是这样做的 |
[26:03] | He fake-sold me two businesses, | 他假意卖给我两笔生意 |
[26:05] | and then conned me into running them. | 然后诱骗我去运营它们 |
[26:08] | Successfully, might I add. | 补充一句 运营得很成功 |
[26:09] | Then charged me protection. | 然后从我这里收取保护费 |
[26:11] | He lured my boyfriend into crime, and then tried to kill him | 他引诱我的男朋友犯罪 并试图 |
[26:13] | in front of a crowd at an illegal boxing match. | 在一场非法拳击赛中公开杀掉他 |
[26:16] | He had my mother arrested, and the piece de resistance, | 他害我母亲入狱 最重要的是 |
[26:19] | he brought his secret illegitimate daughter | 他还把他的私生女 |
[26:21] | back to Riverdale to try and make me jealous. | 带回了河谷镇 让我嫉妒 |
[26:23] | Well, blow, winds and crack your cheeks, | 吹吧 风啊 吹破你的脸颊 |
[26:25] | because Veronica Luna is no one’s Cordelia. | 维罗尼卡·露娜可不是谁的科迪莉亚 |
[26:30] | Are you jealous… | 你是不是嫉妒 |
[26:32] | of your sister? | 你姐 |
[26:33] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[26:35] | She can have him. They deserve each other. | 她可以拥有他 他们彼此很配 |
[26:37] | Yet I’m sensing animosity. | 我还是觉察到了强烈的敌意 |
[26:39] | “Sensing”? I despise that man. | “觉察” 我鄙视那个男人 |
[26:41] | I want nothing to do with him. | 我不想和他扯上任何关系 |
[26:43] | But you willingly live at home. | 可你还愿意住在家里 |
[26:45] | Well, yes, but– | 是的 可 |
[26:46] | You obediently come when he calls you. | 他喊你 你还是会顺从地过去 |
[26:49] | Veronica, I don’t think this is hate. | 维罗尼卡 我觉得这不是恨 |
[26:51] | It’s obsession. | 这是痴迷 |
[26:53] | You and your father are obsessed with each other. | 你和你父亲彼此痴迷 |
[26:55] | You’re diagnosing me with Daddy issues? | 你是诊断我有恋父情结吗 |
[26:58] | How very Intro-to-Psych. | 你这心理学也太小儿科了 |
[27:00] | I’m saying, your connection… | 我是说你们的联系 |
[27:03] | goes far beyond that of a typical father-daughter. | 远远超过了典型的父女关系 |
[27:08] | It’s primal. Cosmic. | 是一种原始的 难以琢磨的关系 |
[27:10] | He sees you as an extension of himself, | 他将你视为自身生命的延续 |
[27:13] | which is why he’ll never fully let you go. | 所以他不会对你完全放手 |
[27:17] | And you see him as your ideal future self. | 而你将他视为理想中未来的自己 |
[27:21] | No, that’s baseless. | 不 这话毫无根据 |
[27:23] | I have no desire to become my father. | 我不想成为我父亲那样的人 |
[27:25] | You’re a straight-A student, | 你成绩全优 |
[27:26] | you run two flourishing businesses, | 经营着两家红火的生意 |
[27:28] | you just got admitted into Harvard. | 你刚被哈佛录取 |
[27:30] | I mean, maybe that’s your base resentment. | 也许这就是你的怨恨 |
[27:33] | He is an abjectly bad person. | 他是个卑鄙的坏人 |
[27:35] | I have zero respect for him. | 完全得不到我的尊重 |
[27:37] | And yet he has instilled in you a drive | 他还是给你灌输了一种冲劲 |
[27:40] | that is perhaps the reason why you are so successful. | 也许那就是你如此成功的原因 |
[27:42] | He’s taken more than he’s ever given. | 他夺走的比给予的更多 |
[27:44] | My old friend Dr. Freud | 我的老朋友弗洛伊德医生 |
[27:47] | has two diagnoses | 有两条诊断 |
[27:49] | that seem pertinent to your situation. | 形容你的情况似乎恰如其分 |
[27:52] | The Oedipus and Electra complexes. | 恋母和恋父情结 |
[27:54] | I’ve always seen the drama in my life as Shakespearean. | 我一直觉得我生活中的冲突是莎翁式的 |
[27:57] | Not the stuff of Greek tragedy. | 不是希腊悲剧 |
[27:58] | But please, enlighten me. | 不过还是请你阐释一下 |
[28:02] | You’re locked in a constant battle for identity with your father. | 你和你父亲都陷入了一场持久战中 |
[28:06] | You’re driven by compulsive forces like love, | 你被自己无法控制的力量驱使 比如爱情 |
[28:10] | sexuality, obsession. | 性 痴迷 |
[28:12] | I’m not stabbing my eyes out for any man. | 我不会为了任何男人把自己的眼球挖出来 |
[28:15] | Acknowledging that the tether exists | 承认束缚存在 |
[28:17] | is the first step towards breaking it. | 是摆脱束缚的第一步 |
[28:18] | Electra murdered Agamemnon. | 厄勒克特拉杀了阿伽门农 |
[28:22] | What are you saying, Mrs. Burble? | 你在说什么 布尔芭比女士 |
[28:23] | Obviously, I’m not suggesting murder. | 很明显 我不是在暗示杀人 |
[28:25] | But rather, to cut ties with him for good. | 而是彻底和他断绝关系 |
[28:28] | He’s trolling you. | 他在挑衅你 |
[28:30] | So why not ghost him? | 那为什么不无视他呢 |
[28:32] | No offense, | 无意冒犯 |
[28:33] | Mrs. Burble, but your “teen-speak” | 布尔芭比女士 可你的少年俚语 |
[28:36] | could use an update. | 太过时了 |
[28:38] | As could your advice. | 你的建议也是 |
[28:39] | I’ve tried that repeatedly. | 我试过无数次了 |
[28:41] | Well, it only works if you actually want to walk away. | 只有当你真想脱身时才会有用 |
[28:45] | Do you? | 你想吗 |
[28:48] | Yes. | 想 |
[28:50] | Well, obviously, I think you should say yes to Harvard. | 很显然 我觉得你应该答应哈佛 |
[28:53] | But moving forward, | 向前发展 |
[28:54] | I recommend that no matter what, | 我建议无论如何 |
[28:57] | you do not engage with your father on his terms. | 不要按你父亲的方式和他作战 |
[29:00] | You may be his hubris, | 你也许是他的骄傲 |
[29:02] | but he can’t be yours, | 但他不能成为你的骄傲 |
[29:03] | or else he will be your downfall. | 不然他会成为你失败的原因 |
[29:05] | I really, really wanna go to Harvard. | 我真的想去哈佛 |
[29:12] | You’re locked in a dance of death with your father, Veronica. | 你陷入了与父亲的死亡之舞 维罗尼卡 |
[29:17] | So my last question is this. | 这是我的最后一个问题 |
[29:21] | Who’s leading? | 谁在领舞 |
[29:22] | Him or you? | 他还是你 |
[29:34] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[29:35] | Apparently, I’m not the only one. | 显然我不是唯一的那个 |
[29:37] | Don’t we have a seminar today? | 我们今天不是有个研讨班吗 |
[29:38] | I dismissed the others to continue writing. | 我打发其他人去继续写作了 |
[29:41] | You haven’t even started. | 你甚至还没开始写 |
[29:43] | Yeah, okay. I know I was supposed to turn in pages this week. | 是的 我知道我本该这周交稿的 |
[29:45] | You were offered an opportunity here, Mr. Jones. | 我们给你提供了一个机会 琼斯先生 |
[29:48] | Frankly, you have squandered it. | 坦白说 你浪费了这个机会 |
[29:50] | I’ve been told you haven’t even applied to any colleges yet. | 我听说你甚至还没申请任何大学 |
[29:53] | Okay, I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[29:54] | My plate’s been stacked. | 我已经问题成堆了 |
[29:57] | I can still apply for regular admission. | 我还可以申请常规录取 |
[29:58] | And yet I can’t imagine any teachers here | 我依然无法想象这里会有哪个老师 |
[30:00] | writing a letter of recommendation | 会给这样一个麻木不仁的学生 |
[30:02] | for such an apathetic student. | 写推荐信 |
[30:04] | You might wanna beg the indulgences | 相比你未来的入学许可 |
[30:06] | of your teachers at your public alma mater, | 也许你更应该请求 |
[30:08] | vis-a-vis your future matriculations. | 你母校老师的原谅 |
[30:18] | How long does it usually take to get a transcript? | 成绩单通常会多久拿到 |
[30:20] | 77号案例 福赛斯·彭德尔顿·琼斯三世 又名猪头 | |
[30:22] | I’m sure Ms. Bell is going as fast as she can. | 我相信贝尔老师会尽快的 |
[30:25] | But while we wait, why don’t we just have a little chat? | 趁等着的工夫 要不我们聊一聊 |
[30:27] | Uh… no. | 不要 |
[30:29] | I have a hard Holden-Caulfield stance | 我对虚伪的闲谈有着霍尔顿·考尔菲德式的 |
[30:31] | on phony small-talk. Thanks. | 强硬立场 谢了 |
[30:32] | Do you often use fictional references | 你经常引用小说中的典故 |
[30:34] | to make sense of your situation? | 解释你的处境吗 |
[30:36] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是的 我经常这样 |
[30:38] | I heard about your teacher, Mr. Chipping. | 我听说你的齐平老师的事了 |
[30:41] | Public suicide, that’s, uh, tragic. | 当着众人的面自杀 真不幸 |
[30:44] | He didn’t kill himself. | 他没有自杀 |
[30:45] | He was murdered, by suicide, I guess. | 我想他是以自杀的方式被谋杀了 |
[30:48] | – Who knows what they’re capable of? – Who? | -谁知道他们还有什么本事 -谁 |
[30:51] | Uh, DuPont. And the students. They convinced him to jump. | 杜邦和那些学生 他们说服了他跳楼 |
[30:53] | Because I’m on the cusp of bringing down their empire. | 因为我就要打倒他们的帝国了 |
[30:55] | – Which empire? – Baxter Brothers. | -哪座帝国 -巴克斯特兄弟 |
[30:59] | My grandfather created them. | 我爷爷创造了他们 |
[31:01] | As in inspired the characters? | 这些人物是从他身上得到的灵感吗 |
[31:03] | No. As in he wrote the first book. | 不 是他写了第一本书 |
[31:05] | And then DuPont stole the franchise out from under him. | 后来杜邦改头换面剽窃了那个系列 |
[31:08] | Now, he’s got us competing to ghostwrite the next one. | 现在他让我们为代笔下一部作品而竞争 |
[31:11] | But what’s the point? It’s rigged. | 可这有什么意义 这是作弊 |
[31:13] | He’s a thief. | 他是文学窃盗 |
[31:14] | And he has a grudge against anyone with the name Forsythe. | 而且他对福赛斯这个名字耿耿于怀 |
[31:16] | Starting with my grandfather, the first. | 从我爷爷一世开始 |
[31:19] | Or you have a persecution complex. | 或许是你有迫害妄想症 |
[31:23] | Are you paranoid, chasing windmills? | 你偏执吗 在追逐假想敌吗 |
[31:26] | So you have a reasonable excuse | 这样你就有了合理借口 |
[31:29] | to neglect your real work, writing? | 不顾自己真正的工作 写作 |
[31:31] | Oh, is that your advice after everything I just said? | 听完我的话 这就是你的建议吗 |
[31:34] | – Just, “Do your homework, kid.” – Well, I’m wondering | -只是”做作业去 孩子” -我想知道 |
[31:36] | if the real reason why you’re so focused | 你如此专注于 |
[31:38] | on proving that the Baxter Brothers belongs to your family | 证明巴克斯特兄弟属于你家族的真正原因 |
[31:41] | is because you’re afraid. | 是否因为你在害怕 |
[31:43] | Are you insecure about your own talent as a writer? | 你是不是对自己的写作才华不自信 |
[31:45] | I’m not gonna be psychoanalyzed | 我不会被一个不知道”攻击假想敌” |
[31:46] | by someone who doesn’t know the phrase “tilting at windmills.” | 这个词的人对我进行精神分析治疗 |
[31:49] | It’s about recognition. | 事关认同 |
[31:50] | It’s about not letting some ascot steal my family’s achievements. | 我不允许某些人渣窃取我们家族的成果 |
[31:54] | You know, my grandfather could’ve been Gatsby-rich. | 我爷爷本可能像盖茨比一样富有 |
[31:56] | You know what he was instead? | 你知道结果他什么样吗 |
[31:58] | He was a mean drunk who beat my father in a trailer. | 他成了在拖车里打我父亲的酒鬼 |
[32:01] | But from what you’re describing, | 但从你的描述中 |
[32:02] | this investigation is | 你的调查 |
[32:04] | trying to get those very things you claim to hate. | 是为了得到你宣称自己厌恶的东西 |
[32:07] | An inheritance, status, prestige. | 遗产 地位 声望 |
[32:10] | I’m not trying to be like them. | 我并不想变成他们那样 |
[32:11] | No, clearly. Better not to try at all. | 的确 最好不要尝试 |
[32:14] | Fulfil their expectation that you’re a bum, | 满足他们的愿望 成为废物 |
[32:17] | then claim that they didn’t give you a chance. | 然后说他们没给你机会 |
[32:19] | That is the easy path. | 这条路很容易走 |
[32:21] | Now, your father, on the other hand, | 相反 你父亲 |
[32:24] | he took a harder one. | 选择了一条困难的道路 |
[32:26] | Good. The designated dad-part of this lecture. | 很好 果然讲到父亲的部分了 |
[32:29] | He’s a Sheriff now. | 他现在是警长了 |
[32:31] | Came from a poor household | 出身贫寒 |
[32:33] | with an abusive father, | 还有一个虐待他的父亲 |
[32:34] | and did the work to transform himself. | 通过努力完成了蜕变 |
[32:37] | And sacrificed, so you could succeed. | 牺牲他自己 就为了你能成功 |
[32:41] | I bet he was very supportive of you going to Stonewall Prep. | 我猜他很支持你去石墙预科学校 |
[32:45] | Yeah, practically dragged me there. | 是的 基本上是把我拖过去的 |
[32:47] | And you repay him by going on this quest to prove | 那这就是你报答他的方式吗 |
[32:49] | that the man that caused him immeasurable pain | 想方设法证明那个给他带来一生之痛的人 |
[32:51] | is some kind of wronged hero. | 是什么遭受冤屈的英雄吗 |
[32:53] | How do you think that makes him feel? | 你觉得他会怎么想 |
[32:58] | Maybe instead of lionizing your grandfather, | 与其瞻仰着你的爷爷 |
[33:03] | you should try seeing him through your father’s eyes. | 不如从你父亲的角度去看待他 |
[33:11] | I won’t think you less smart if… | 即使你承认我是对的 |
[33:13] | you admit that I’m right. | 我也不会看轻你 |
[33:17] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[33:21] | My poor dad. | 我可怜的爸爸 |
[33:29] | I’m so selfish. | 我太自私了 |
[33:30] | No. | 不 |
[33:31] | You’re just a high school senior from Riverdale. | 你只是一个河谷镇的高四学生 |
[33:35] | You’re busy. | 你很忙 |
[33:40] | Maybe I should… | 也许我应该 |
[33:45] | put down the conspiracy theories and just do my homework. | 放下阴谋论 去做作业 |
[33:50] | You’re underpaid, aren’t you? | 你工资不高 是吗 |
[33:51] | And overqualified. | 我水平也不高 |
[33:54] | Which means I don’t expect anyone to change habits overnight. | 所以我也不期望谁能一夜之间改变习惯 |
[33:58] | If you’re going to see this mystery | 如果你想对巴克斯特兄弟的著作权 |
[33:59] | about the Baxter Brothers’ authorship through, | 一探究竟的话 |
[34:02] | then don’t fall back on conjecture or righteous anger. | 那就不要单靠猜测或一腔愤慨 |
[34:06] | Do the work. You know, investigate. | 脚踏实地 去调查清楚 |
[34:14] | Now let’s see where those transcripts are. | 让我们期待你的成绩单吧 |
[34:17] | Oh, and just… take the rest of it. You’re my last one today. | 全拿去吧 你是我今天最后一位病人 |
[34:28] | Hey, boy. I’ve missed seeing you around the house, | 孩子 我很怀念在家里见到你 |
[34:31] | typing away on that thing– | 在那东西上打字 |
[34:36] | what’s all this? | 这是怎么了 |
[34:40] | I love you. And I appreciate everything | 我爱你 我很感激 |
[34:42] | that you’ve done for me. I… | 你为我所做的一切 我 |
[34:44] | I don’t think I say that enough. | 我从来没好好告诉过你 |
[35:09] | Elizabeth, perfect timing. The boys are out back, | 伊丽莎白 来得正好 男生们在后面忙活 |
[35:11] | and the casserole’s almost ready. Set the table? | 炖锅也快煮好了 摆一下餐桌吧 |
[35:17] | Why are you looking at me like that? Come on. Chip chop. | 你怎么那样看着我 麻利点 |
[35:57] | I love you most, too, Mom. | 我也最爱你 妈妈 |
[36:23] | Hi, um, my name is… I don’t wanna say. | 我的名字是 还是不说了 |
[36:25] | But I live in the apartment building at the north end of Sketch Alley, | 但我住在可疑巷北端的公寓楼 |
[36:28] | and the man who lives down the hall, | 住在走廊尽头的那个男人 |
[36:30] | I think he hits my mom. | 我觉得他在对我妈施暴 |
[36:32] | I think she needs help. | 我觉得她需要帮助 |
[36:35] | Please, I need help. | 拜托了 我需要帮助 |
[36:58] | T.T., I got my results. | 托托 我的测试结果出来了 |
[37:00] | From Highsmith College? | 海史密斯学院的成绩单吗 |
[37:02] | I thought you were already accepted. | 你不是已经被录取了吗 |
[37:03] | No, silly lovebug. My chimerism test results. | 不 小傻瓜 是我的嵌合体测试结果 |
[37:06] | Promise me, no matter what the contents of this envelope, | 答应我 不管这封信里写的是什么 |
[37:08] | you’re here for me. | 你都会支持我 |
[37:09] | Cheryl, I have no idea what you’re talking about, | 谢丽尔 我都不知道你在说什么 |
[37:11] | but I love you, and nothing would ever change that. | 但是我爱你 无可动摇 |
[37:28] | Negative. Negative! | 阴性 阴性 |
[37:30] | T.T., I’m 100% Cheryl Marjorie Blossom. | 托托 我是百分之百的谢丽尔·玛乔丽·布鲁森 |
[37:33] | Babe, I love seeing you this happy, | 宝贝 我很高兴看到你这么开心 |
[37:34] | but what does that mean? | 但那能说明什么 |
[37:36] | It means that Burble was right. | 说明布尔芭比是对的 |
[37:39] | Fact. I’m not crazy. I’m not haunted. | 说明我没疯 我没被鬼魂纠缠 |
[37:41] | Maybe there once was a Julian in my mother’s mortal womb, | 也许我妈的肚子里怀过一个朱利安 |
[37:44] | but I didn’t absorb him. | 但我没有吸收掉他 |
[37:46] | That’s amazing. | 那挺不错的 |
[37:47] | But how do we explain the weirdness around Thistlehouse? | 那蓟园周围发生的怪事怎么解释 |
[37:51] | Mrs. B enlightened me to the realization | 布尔芭比女士提醒我 |
[37:53] | that most likely someone is trying to drive me mad. | 很可能是某人想要让我发疯 |
[37:56] | But once I find out who this depraved monster is, | 要是让我发现这个死变态是谁 |
[37:59] | I will unleash a wrath upon them so wicked, | 老娘就要给他下一道咒怨 |
[38:01] | they will wish they had been consumed in their mother’s womb. | 让他跪求自己早在妈妈的肚子里被吸收 |
[38:05] | Veronica! | 维罗尼卡 |
[38:10] | What’s the matter, Daddy? | 怎么了 爸爸 |
[38:11] | Why did I get a call from Dean Kingsley | 为什么我接到金斯利主任的电话 |
[38:13] | informing me that you turned down your acceptance to Harvard? | 告诉我你拒绝了哈佛大学的录取 |
[38:17] | Please tell me he’s sorely mistaken. | 拜托你告诉我是他搞错了 |
[38:19] | There has been no mistake. | 没人搞错了 |
[38:20] | I won’t be a crimson come fall. | 我不想在秋天穿深红色的哈佛校服 |
[38:22] | Besides, I look better in Yale blue, anyway. | 再说了 我穿耶鲁蓝校服更好看 |
[38:26] | Are you insane? | 你疯了吗 |
[38:28] | No one rejects Harvard. | 没有人会拒绝哈佛 |
[38:31] | – It was your dream. – One of my dreams. | -这是你的梦想 -梦想之一 |
[38:33] | Yes. But then you ruined it for me. | 对 但你毁了它 |
[38:36] | Walking through those ivory towers, | 穿行于那些象牙塔之间 |
[38:38] | I’d be letting you dictate the rest of my life. | 那样你就会支配着我的余生 |
[38:41] | I’d graduate, get my MBA from Oxford, | 毕业之后去牛津大学读工商管理硕士 |
[38:44] | run a Fortune 500, | 管理世界五百强公司 |
[38:46] | make the cover of Fibes, obviously. | 肯定会登上财富杂志 |
[38:48] | The next 20 years would be mapped out by you. | 我接下来的20年全都由你来规划 |
[38:52] | I’m finished living your version of my life. | 我过够了你安排的生活 |
[38:55] | You don’t get to own my future. | 你无法掌控我的未来 |
[38:57] | So consider the ties that bind… cut. | 所以咱俩一刀两断 |
[39:02] | Really? And what do you think you’ll do now, mija? | 真的吗 你现在要怎么做 宝贝 |
[39:05] | Walk away from me? | 离开我吗 |
[39:08] | You’ve never been able to do that. | 你一直没能离开我 |
[39:12] | You’re right. It would appear we’re locked | 你说得对 看起来我们就像纠缠在 |
[39:14] | in a twisted Greek tragedy. | 某部希腊悲剧里一样 |
[39:17] | But my guidance counselor told me… | 但我的辅导员告诉我 |
[39:19] | that there is one way to end this. | 有一种方法可以结束这一切 |
[39:24] | I have to kill you. | 我必须干掉你 |
[39:26] | Don’t worry. I wouldn’t stoop to your level to murder. No. | 别担心 我不会跟你一样卑鄙去杀人 |
[39:30] | I’m going to kill you on the battlefield you cherish above all others. | 我要在你最看重的战场上干掉你 |
[39:35] | Business. | 商场 |
[39:36] | I’m going to take you on head-to-head, and destroy you. | 我要和你面对面较量 然后摧毁你 |
[39:40] | Just like Oedipus and Electra did to their daddies. | 就像俄狄浦斯和伊莱克特拉对付他们父亲 |
[39:43] | And when I’m done, | 等我摧毁你后 |
[39:45] | I will bury your battered and beaten carcass | 我要把你那体无完肤的尸体埋掉 |
[39:48] | and be free of you… | 彻底 |
[39:50] | once and for all. | 摆脱你 |
[39:58] | This bottle I cracked open | 我开的这瓶酒 |
[40:00] | is a lot better than the swill you’ve been making recently, Daddy. | 比你最近酿的泔水好喝多了 爸爸 |
[40:04] | But my rum… | 我的兰姆酒 |
[40:05] | will be far superior. | 会比你强得多 |
[40:32] | These are really great, Jug. | 你写得真好 猪头 |
[40:34] | You really captured the essence of the Baxter Brothers, | 你真的抓住了巴克斯特兄弟的精髓 |
[40:37] | but you made it your own. | 但又写出了自己的风格 |
[40:39] | And I caught up on all my college applications. | 而且我提交了所有的大学申请 |
[40:40] | So wait, I wanna show you something. | 等等 我想给你看点东西 |
[40:44] | This… | 这个 |
[40:45] | is an article I found from 2002. | 是我找到的一篇2002年的文章 |
[40:49] | “Novelist Theodore Weisel drowns in yachting accident.” | “小说家西奥多·韦塞尔在游艇事故中溺亡” |
[40:52] | Why does that name sound familiar? | 为什么这名字听起来很耳熟 |
[40:53] | He was in the Quill and Skull literary society with my grandfather. | 他和我爷爷都在羽骷社里 |
[40:56] | I tracked down all the original members. | 我查到了所有的原始成员 |
[40:57] | Yeah, of course, they could tell you something about | 对 他们肯定可以告诉你 |
[40:59] | what your granddad and DuPont were like back then. | 你爷爷和杜邦以前是什么样的人 |
[41:02] | But guess what? | 但你猜怎么着 |
[41:03] | Theodore’s not the only one who suffers an accident. | 西奥多不是唯一一个遇难的人 |
[41:06] | This one is from 1978. | 这个是1978年的 |
[41:09] | Drove off a bridge. | 从桥上开了下去 |
[41:11] | This one’s from 1994. Mechanical failure. | 这是1994年的 机械故障 |
[41:14] | In fact, DuPont and my MIA grandfather | 其实杜邦和我失踪的爷爷 |
[41:16] | are the only ones of the society who are not dead. | 是社里唯一没有死亡的人 |
[41:18] | Which begs the question, | 所以问题是 |
[41:20] | are these all horrible, suspicious accidents– | 这些都是可怕或者可疑的事故 |
[41:22] | Or murders? | 还是谋杀 |
[41:24] | Jug, if you’re right, you need to transfer. | 猪头 如果你是对的 你得转校 |
[41:28] | I can’t. We’re so close to this. | 不行 我们就要揭开真相了 |
[41:30] | – I can feel it. – Yeah. | -我能感觉到了 -是的 |
[41:32] | That’s what I’m afraid of. | 这也是我害怕的 |
[41:38] | Are you sure these are the three suspects you saw that night? | 你确定这是你那天晚上看到的三个嫌犯吗 |
[41:42] | It’s definitely them. | 肯定是他们 |
[41:44] | Those are the kids we saw kill Jughead. | 我们亲眼看到他们杀死了猪头 |