时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Winter had come to Riverdale, | 河谷镇迎来了冬天 |
[00:04] | and everyone was suffering from an acute case of Quiz Show fever. | 大家都患上了《最强大脑》狂热症 |
[00:08] | No one more so than Betty Cooper, | 病情最重的要数贝蒂·库珀了 |
[00:10] | who was pouring her considerable energies | 她把全部精力 |
[00:12] | into beating the tar out of Stonewall Prep’s team | 都投入到打败石墙预科队中 |
[00:15] | led by, wouldn’t you know it, Bret Weston Wallis. | 而对方的领队 当然是布雷特·韦斯顿·沃利斯 |
[00:19] | The only person immune to Quiz Show fever? | 唯一对《最强大脑》不感冒的人 |
[00:21] | My pal Archie Andrews… | 我哥们亚奇·安德鲁斯 |
[00:23] | …who was feeling a lot less lonely these days. | 他最近没那么孤单了 |
[00:28] | Hey, Archie. You okay? | 亚奇 还好吗 |
[00:31] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[00:33] | – Yeah, I’m great, Uncle Frank. – Not me. | -我很好 弗兰克叔叔 -我就不太好 |
[00:37] | First day as foreman… | 第一天当工头 |
[00:39] | Man, I’m more nervous than when I started basic training. | 比我刚开始参加基础训练紧张多了 |
[00:41] | No, you’re gonna do awesome. | 不 你会做得很好的 |
[00:43] | In fact, I got something for you. | 我给你准备了东西 |
[00:51] | It’s Fred’s tool belt. | 费雷德的工具腰带 |
[00:54] | Yeah, I can’t take another man’s gear. | 可是我不能拿别人的工具 |
[00:56] | Especially not my brother’s. | 尤其是我哥的 |
[00:57] | Well, you’re not talking it, you’re borrowing it. | 不是拿 是借用 |
[00:59] | He’d want you to. So do I. | 他会希望你用的 我也是 |
[01:06] | Thanks, Archie… | 谢谢 亚奇 |
[01:08] | for everything. | 为我做的这一切 |
[01:26] | Thank God for Bret’s morning workouts– | 幸亏布雷特去晨练了 |
[01:28] | Jug, do not mention him right now, okay, | 猪头 这功夫不提他行吗 |
[01:30] | and ruin this moment. | 破坏气氛 |
[01:32] | I just love getting you all wound up. | 我就是喜欢让你紧张起来 |
[01:37] | – Why are you smiling? – Just everything. | -为什么笑 -为这一切 |
[01:41] | You’re here, | 你在身边 |
[01:42] | I turned in my draft for the Baxter Brothers book. | 我完成了巴克斯特兄弟作品集的手稿 |
[01:45] | And Yale said… | 而且耶鲁说… |
[01:48] | Yale said what? | 耶鲁说了什么 |
[01:57] | Did you get accepted into Yale and not tell me? | 你被耶鲁录取了然后没告诉我吗 |
[02:01] | Yeah, I think I did. | 是的 |
[02:08] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, no, I’m just… I’m just processing. | -你没事吧 -没事 我只是需要消化一下 |
[02:16] | But I’m happy for you, Jug. | 但是我替你高兴 猪头 |
[02:19] | I’m happy for you, I’m proud of you. | 我替你高兴 为你骄傲 |
[02:20] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[02:23] | Yes. | 真的 |
[02:25] | Let me show you how much. | 让你看看我有多高兴 |
[02:36] | You two are finally done. | 你们两个终于完事了 |
[02:37] | I thought I’d be late for class. | 我以为我上课要迟到了 |
[02:39] | Oh, I guess I’ll see you in New Haven next year. | 看来明年能在纽黑文见到你了 |
[02:42] | Of course, you’ll just be a visitor. | 当然 到时候你只是访客 |
[02:44] | – You got into Yale? – Yeah. Don’t look so surprised. | -你进耶鲁了 -是的 别那么惊讶 |
[02:47] | And don’t worry, Betty, | 而且别担心 贝蒂 |
[02:48] | I will try to keep the co-eds away from Forsythe. | 我会让学校里的女生离福赛斯远点的 |
[02:51] | No promises. | 但也不保证 |
[02:52] | But I do promise to crush you in Quiz Show finals, | 如果河谷镇高中能进《最强大脑》总决赛 |
[02:55] | if Riverdale makes it that far. | 我倒是保证会碾压你 |
[03:05] | Dr. Beaker, as our chemistry teacher, | 比克博士 作为我们的化学老师 |
[03:07] | we are hoping you have the skill set | 我们希望你能用专业技能 |
[03:09] | to help us with something of a personal nature. | 帮我们做点私事 |
[03:12] | Are you a rum drinker, Dr. Beaker? | 你喜欢喝朗姆酒吗 比克博士 |
[03:14] | Uh, not during school hours | 上班时间不喝 |
[03:16] | and never with students. | 也不跟学生喝 |
[03:18] | Ugh, calm down, Dr. Egghead. | 别紧张 书呆子博士 |
[03:22] | We’re simply asking you to analyze | 我们只是想让你化验一下 |
[03:23] | our maple-based concoction to ensure that our recipe | 我们用枫糖做的酒 确保我们的配方 |
[03:26] | is different enough from Lodge Rum. | 和洛奇朗姆酒有一定程度的差异 |
[03:28] | That way, we can’t be sued | 这样 我们就不会被我父亲告上法庭 |
[03:30] | or ceased-and-desisted by my father. | 也不会被他叫停 |
[03:32] | So I ask you again, Dr. Beaker, | 所以我再问一遍 比克博士 |
[03:36] | are you a rum drinker? | 你喜欢喝朗姆酒吗 |
[03:38] | The board that the runs the Baxter Brothers | 巴克斯特兄弟的董事会 |
[03:40] | has taken a look at the first draft of your book, | 看了你的第一稿 |
[03:42] | and they have a few thoughts. | 他们有点想法 |
[03:44] | Well, one more global thought. | 准确地说 是一个更全局的想法 |
[03:46] | They would like a new mystery. | 他们想要一个新谜案 |
[03:49] | New mystery? Like the whole book? | 新谜案 整本书都要改吗 |
[03:52] | They think the Boy in the River storyline is a bit soft. | 《河中男孩》的故事线不够劲 |
[03:55] | They’re looking for something darker. | 他们想要更黑暗一点的 |
[03:57] | They mentioned something about say, um… | 他们说了什么 |
[04:00] | serial killers being a potential fertile ground to explore. | 连环杀手是个很有潜力的题材 |
[04:04] | Okay, um, I’ll just have to think about it. | 好的 我这就构思一下 |
[04:08] | Well, think fast, | 那就快点构思 |
[04:09] | and have some pitches prepared. | 准备好故事大纲 |
[04:11] | The Brotherhood is coming here to meet with you. | 兄弟出版社的人要来跟你见面了 |
[04:16] | So, I need some serial killer advice. | 我需要点连环杀手的建议 |
[04:18] | My publishers want a dark and edgy villain for the book, Charles. | 出版商想要一个黑暗狂躁的反派 查尔斯 |
[04:23] | So now I have to come up with pitches | 所以我要想出几个类似 |
[04:24] | in the vein of Zodiac or Hannibal Lecter. | 十二宫杀手或者汉尼拔·莱克特的故事 |
[04:26] | I figured you would have some ideas. | 我觉得你可能有些灵感 |
[04:28] | Yeah, sure, no problem. | 当然 没问题 |
[04:30] | But don’t you have firsthand experience | 但是你不是和臭名昭著的本地连环杀手 |
[04:31] | with an infamous local serial killer? | 亲自打过交道吗 |
[04:33] | You mean the Black Hood? | 你是说黑兜帽 |
[04:34] | No, I couldn’t do that to Betty. | 不 我不能那样对贝蒂 |
[04:36] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[04:37] | Well, I’ve got boxes full of killers, | 我这有成箱的杀手资料 |
[04:39] | so I’ll pick out my ten most gruesome ones for you. | 我帮你筛选出十个最吓人的 |
[04:42] | Thank you, Chuck. I owe you. | 谢谢 查克 我欠你的 |
[04:45] | I know you all worked hard for my brother. | 我知道你们都为我哥辛勤工作 |
[04:48] | Rest assured, as the new foreman, | 请放心 作为新工头 |
[04:49] | I plan on busting my ass, the same as you do. | 我会和你们一样 努力干活 |
[04:52] | And I specifically want to thank Tom Keller | 而且我要特别感谢汤姆·凯勒 |
[04:54] | for filling in during these difficult times. | 在艰难时期临时代班 |
[04:58] | Cool, guys, let’s get to work. | 好 各位 干活吧 |
[05:00] | Okay, guys, let’s go. | 大伙开工 |
[05:02] | You know, Archie, I would’ve appreciated | 亚奇 你要是能提前告诉我 |
[05:04] | a heads-up that I was being replaced. | 我被替换掉了 那就好了 |
[05:06] | I know, Mr. Keller, I’m sorry. | 我知道 凯勒先生 抱歉 |
[05:07] | It happened fast, but Frank has a ton of experience. | 事发突然 但弗兰克经验丰富 |
[05:09] | I think the crew’s gonna love him. | 大家都会喜欢他的 |
[05:11] | I gotta be honest with you, Arch, | 我得跟你实话实说 亚奇 |
[05:13] | I don’t know about your uncle. | 你叔叔这个人不怎么靠谱 |
[05:14] | He’s been trouble since the day he was born. | 他出生后就麻烦不断 |
[05:16] | I must’ve arrested him a half dozen times when I was sheriff. | 我当警长时 少说也抓了他六次 |
[05:18] | Oh, that was then. | 那是过去了 |
[05:19] | My dad believed in second chances, Mr. Keller. So do I. | 我爸相信改过自新 凯勒先生 我也是 |
[05:27] | Welcome back to the Regional RIVW Quiz Show’s Semi-finals. | 欢迎回到《RIVW最强大脑》地区半决赛 |
[05:31] | Seaside High trails Riverdale 210 to 240, | 海岸高中对战河谷镇高中 比分210比240 |
[05:35] | and now for the final round. | 现在是最终轮 |
[05:38] | Which Venetian island has been famous | 威尼斯的哪座岛屿从十三世纪起 |
[05:40] | for glassmaking since the 13th century? | 就以制作玻璃而出名 |
[05:43] | Murano. | 穆拉诺岛 |
[05:44] | – Correct. – Never go in August. So many mosquitoes. | -正确 -千万别八月去 蚊子太多了 |
[05:46] | What is the length of the diagonal | 边长为10的正方形 |
[05:48] | if the side of the square is 10? | 对角线长为多少 |
[05:50] | 托妮 | |
[05:50] | 10 square root of 2. | 10乘根号2 |
[05:52] | – Correct. – My brilliant little savant. | -正确 -我聪明的学霸 |
[05:57] | Which of the following is the powerhouse of the cell. | 为细胞提供能量的细胞器是什么 |
[06:00] | Mitochondria. | 线粒体 |
[06:01] | Correct. | 正确 |
[06:01] | Which Americans architect’s house | 哪位美国建筑师的家 |
[06:03] | in southwest Pennsylvania– | 在宾夕法尼亚州西南部 |
[06:05] | – Frank Lloyd Wright. – Correct. | -弗兰克·劳埃德·赖特 -正确 |
[06:06] | Who also designed Thornhill. I knew that. | 他还设计了瑰刺庄园 我知道的 |
[06:10] | Well, time’s up. Riverdale has won. | 时间到 河谷镇高中胜出 |
[06:13] | They will go on to face Stonewall Prep in the finals. | 他们将与石墙预科学校一起进入决赛 |
[06:17] | Betty. You did great out there. | 贝蒂 你刚才表现很棒 |
[06:20] | Great might not be good enough to beat him. | 很棒还不足以打败他 |
[06:25] | That’s Bret, huh? | 那是布雷特 对吧 |
[06:27] | Bret Weston Wallis clearly came here to throw me off my game. | 布雷特·韦斯顿·沃利斯显然是想让我心烦意乱 |
[06:33] | Is there any way you could help me with him? | 你能帮我解决一下吗 |
[06:35] | As long as it doesn’t involve shallow graves and lye. | 只要不包括埋尸体和清洁剂就行 |
[06:38] | No, I just wanna make him sweat. | 不 我只是想让他坐立不安 |
[06:40] | He’s a son of a diplomat, brags about being untouchable. | 他是外交官的儿子 吹嘘没人动得了他 |
[06:44] | But what skeletons are buried in his closet? | 但他自己又藏着掖着什么小秘密 |
[06:47] | Any intel you could find that would help me | 你能找到的任何消息 |
[06:49] | mess with his mind would be much appreciated. | 只要能扰乱他的思绪 就算帮了我的大忙 |
[06:53] | Is it because he got into Yale and you didn’t? | 这是因为他被耶鲁录取了 而你没有吗 |
[06:57] | Alice told me. | 艾丽丝告诉我了 |
[06:58] | Charles, I worked my ass off for four years, | 查尔斯 我这四年勤勤恳恳 |
[07:01] | I put an extra time at the Blue and Gold, | 我在《蓝金报》花费大量课余时间 |
[07:03] | I maintained a 4.1 GPA, and I still didn’t get in. | 绩点保持在4.1 但我还是没被录取 |
[07:06] | Not knowing why is driving me crazy. | 我实在想不通为什么 |
[07:08] | My former mentor at the FBI, he teaches criminal law at Yale. | 我在联调局的导师在耶鲁教刑法 |
[07:13] | I’ll see if I can get you some answers. | 我去帮你打探一下 |
[07:15] | About Yale and Bret. | 关于耶鲁和布雷特 |
[07:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:22] | And so, anyway, the Baxter Brothers | 总之 巴克斯特兄弟 |
[07:24] | are trying to catch this serial killer named the Fish Monger, | 想要抓住这个叫做鱼贩的连环杀手 |
[07:28] | who gets his name because he guts his victims– | 他因为给受害者破腹而得名 |
[07:31] | The idea of a serial killer is intriguing, | 连环杀手的想法很不错 |
[07:33] | but what we’ve heard so far feels a bit… forced. | 但我们目前听到的都有点 牵强 |
[07:40] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[07:42] | What about a serial killer that uses social media | 那连环杀手用社交媒体 |
[07:46] | in order to stalk his prey? | 跟踪自己的猎物呢 |
[07:48] | Forsythe’s best work stems from his personal experiences. | 福赛斯最好的作品都源于他的个人经历 |
[07:54] | Might I suggest you start there? | 我建议你从这方面入手 |
[08:05] | What about a dark and ominous force | 那一股黑暗邪恶势力 |
[08:07] | that threatens the town of Seaport? | 威胁着海港小镇如何 |
[08:09] | An obsessed killer who is looking to expose | 一个神经质的杀手一心想要揭露 |
[08:12] | the hypocrisy and sins of his neighbors. | 他邻居的伪善和罪孽 |
[08:14] | The Baxter Brothers discover | 巴克斯特兄弟发现 |
[08:15] | that the man unleashing his righteous rage | 这个释放自己义怒的人 |
[08:18] | is the father of Bobby Baxter’s girlfriend, Tracy True. | 是鲍比·巴克斯特的女友 特蕾茜·特鲁的父亲 |
[08:22] | This sound promising. | 这个听着有点意思 |
[08:25] | What’s the name of the killer? | 杀手叫什么名字 |
[08:28] | Uh, the Brown Hood. | 棕兜帽 |
[08:31] | If you give me a little more time, I can come up with another– | 如果你们给我点时间 我能想出另外 |
[08:33] | No, we like this. | 不 我们喜欢 |
[08:35] | You ask me, this sounds like a million dollar idea. | 要我说 这听起来是个赚大钱的主意 |
[08:52] | I just drove by the site. Where are the guys? | 我刚路过工地 大家都去哪了 |
[08:54] | Oh, Frank called it a day | 弗兰克收工了 |
[08:55] | and decided to invite everybody back to your place | 邀请大家去你家 |
[08:58] | for beers and tall tales. | 一起喝酒吹牛 |
[09:00] | Oh, you didn’t wanna go? | 你不去吗 |
[09:01] | Somebody’s gotta balance the books here, | 总得有人留下做账吧 |
[09:03] | Archie, they’re bit of a mess. | 亚奇 账目一塌糊涂 |
[09:04] | How so? | 怎么了 |
[09:05] | Well, for starters, nobody received their Christmas bonuses. | 首先 大家都没收到圣诞节奖金 |
[09:08] | – Your dad never missed a year. – We’ll bounce back, | -你爸一年也没落下过 -公司会有起色的 |
[09:11] | Mr. Keller, we just need more time. | 凯勒先生 我们只需要点时间 |
[09:14] | You gotta remember | 你要记住 |
[09:15] | at this point Fred is three sheets to the wind, okay? | 这个时候费雷德已经醉得不成人样了 |
[09:17] | And he’s somehow convinced himself that stealing Seaside’s mascot | 不知为何 他认为偷走海岸高中的吉祥物 |
[09:21] | would give Riverdale the edge in the playoff game, okay? | 能让河谷镇在季后赛中占有优势 |
[09:24] | So, he climbs over this big fence, right, | 所以他爬上了巨大的围栏 |
[09:26] | and he goes to grab Peter the Pig out of his pen, | 他把小猪彼得从猪圈里抓住来 |
[09:29] | and get this, he can’t climb back out. | 然后他爬不出来了 |
[09:33] | He is absolutely trapped. | 他被困在猪圈了 |
[09:37] | So, the next morning, security shows up, | 第二天 保安来了 |
[09:39] | and there’s Fred, all curled up in the mud, | 费雷德全身蜷缩在泥里 |
[09:42] | holding on to this squealing hog, | 抱着那只尖叫的小猪 |
[09:44] | and without missing a beat, my brother says, | 我哥毫不犹豫地说 |
[09:47] | “I got the bacon. You got the eggs?” | “我有培根 你有蛋吗” |
[09:59] | Your old man sure knew how to pick a crew. | 你老爸很会挑工人 |
[10:01] | Reminds me of the guys I served with. | 让我想起我的老战友们 |
[10:03] | Mr. Keller said some of the guys were upset | 凯勒先生说有些人不开心 |
[10:05] | they didn’t get their bonuses this year. | 因为他们今年没拿到奖金 |
[10:07] | You’re so much like your dad. | 你和老爸很像 |
[10:09] | Always worried about other people. | 总是操心其他人 |
[10:12] | Relax, we got this. | 别紧张 没问题的 |
[10:19] | For you. | 给你的 |
[10:22] | Mija, how very generous. | 亲爱的 你真大方 |
[10:24] | But do I need to remind you | 但我要不要提醒你 |
[10:25] | that I actually own the patent on this rum? | 我有这款朗姆酒的专利权 |
[10:27] | Correction, Daddy. | 纠正一下 老爸 |
[10:28] | You own the patent on sad, tired molasses-based rum. | 你注册的是糖蜜酿的朗姆酒 |
[10:32] | Ours is maple-based. | 而我们的是用枫糖酿出来的 |
[10:34] | And, in a pre-emptive move to rum-block you, | 比你领先一步 |
[10:37] | we had a scientist analyze it. | 我们请了一位科学家化验过了 |
[10:38] | According to him, | 据他所说 |
[10:39] | by making the main ingredient maple syrup, | 现在的主要成分是枫糖 |
[10:40] | our rum’s DNA has changed by 51%. | 我们朗姆酒的基因改变了51% |
[10:43] | Which means, legally, you can’t sue or stop us. | 就是说你不能依法起诉或阻止我们 |
[10:46] | And, should you be inspired | 而且 如果你受到启发 |
[10:47] | to create your own version of our invention, | 盗用我们的发明 |
[10:49] | consider yourself forewarned, | 就当我们已经警告过你 |
[10:51] | because we control the patent on maple rum. | 因为我们享有枫糖朗姆酒的专利权 |
[10:54] | So, toodles. | 拜拜 |
[10:55] | In other words, Daddy, | 换句话说就是 老爸 |
[10:57] | our rum war is back on. | 我们的朗姆酒之战再次打响 |
[11:06] | Your instincts were right again, Betty. | 你的直觉又对了 贝蒂 |
[11:08] | As requested, I did some digging on Bret. | 照你的要求 我查了布雷特 |
[11:11] | And what did you find? | 有什么发现 |
[11:25] | Betty, what’s up? | 贝蒂 你好啊 |
[11:26] | I’m so onto you, Bret. | 我盯紧你了 布雷特 |
[11:28] | God, you just think you’re so untouchable, | 天呐 你以为没人动得了你 |
[11:31] | and that everyone is beneath you, | 所有人都要对你低头 |
[11:33] | but the truth is, you are a filthy cheater. | 但事实是 你不过是个卑鄙的骗子 |
[11:37] | Betty, hang on for a minute, what’s going on? | 贝蒂 等一下 出什么事了 |
[11:39] | Your roommate’s father paid someone | 你室友的父亲雇人 |
[11:42] | to take the PSATs for him. | 替他去参加高考预考 |
[11:44] | Oh, but don’t worry, his father covered it all up, | 但是别担心 他父亲掩盖得滴水不漏 |
[11:46] | and then bought his way into Stonewall, | 花钱让他进了石墙预科学校 |
[11:49] | as I’m sure he did with Yale, as well. | 我相信他也是这么进入耶鲁大学的 |
[11:51] | Because the truth is, | 因为事实是 |
[11:52] | you haven’t earned a single thing in your life, Bret. | 你从没有自己挣得任何事物 布雷特 |
[11:56] | You’re just a pathetic rich kid. | 你不过是个可怜的富家子弟罢了 |
[12:03] | Why’re you making me out to be the villain here? | 你为什么把我当成坏人 |
[12:06] | It’s not like I’m the one writing a YA fiction | 以你父亲的疯狂之举为蓝本 |
[12:09] | based off the exploits of your deranged father. | 来写少年小说的人又不是我 |
[12:15] | Is that what your novel is about? | 你的小说写的是这个吗 |
[12:20] | Betty, wait. Betty? | 贝蒂 等等 贝蒂 |
[12:25] | Cheryl, I’ve been musing. | 谢丽尔 我一直在沉思 |
[12:26] | We now have a truly enviable product. | 我们有了真正令人羡慕的产品 |
[12:29] | But we still need to get the word out to potential customers. | 但我们还要向潜在的客户宣传 |
[12:32] | So, what if we make La Bonne Nuit our base of operations? | 我们把美好之夜酒吧变成行动基地如何 |
[12:36] | Query. | 有疑问 |
[12:37] | Didn’t your daddykins revoke this place’s liquor licence? | 你爸不是吊销了这个地方的售酒许可证吗 |
[12:40] | We wouldn’t sell rum. We would hand out free samples. | 我们不卖朗姆酒 我们可以分发免费的样品 |
[12:44] | And, instead of being a speakeasy, | 我们要将美好之夜酒吧 |
[12:46] | we’d reopen La Bonne Nuit as a dance club. | 从地下酒吧改造成夜店 |
[12:51] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[12:52] | Sweaty people equals thirsty people, | 汗洒舞池就会口渴饮酒 |
[12:55] | equals people desperate for overpriced mocktails. | 就会拼命想买高价无酒精鸡尾酒 |
[12:57] | Meanwhile, we covertly hand out | 同时 我们偷偷地分发 |
[12:58] | samples of our delicious homemade rum. | 美味的自酿朗姆酒样品 |
[13:01] | Our coat check girl could take down the names | 衣帽间的姑娘可以记下潜在客户的名字 |
[13:03] | and orders of potential customers, | 还有他们的订单 |
[13:05] | and the legitimate money we bring in at the club | 而夜店所带来的合法收入 |
[13:07] | could help fund our shadow operation. | 可以支持我们的影子行动 |
[13:19] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[13:21] | Now’s not a good time, Fangs. | 现在不方便 毒牙 |
[13:23] | I’m waiting for my Grind’em date. | 我在交友软件上约了人 |
[13:25] | I’m not stalking you. | 我不是在跟踪你 |
[13:26] | I’m just picking up a couple of burgers. | 我只是来买几个汉堡 |
[13:30] | But I want to apologize for what I did to you. | 但我想为之前的所作所为向你道歉 |
[13:35] | – I was under Edgar’s control. – Fangs, I get it. | -我之前受制于埃德加 -毒牙 我懂的 |
[13:38] | I was brainwashed by Edgar, too. | 我也被埃德加洗脑过 |
[13:40] | But that doesn’t mean we should get back together. | 但我们不能因此复合 |
[13:42] | Can we just go on a date and see what happens? | 我们不能约一次 试试看吗 |
[13:47] | Sorry, my date just got here. | 抱歉 我约的人来了 |
[13:48] | – Hi, are you Terry? I’m Kevin. – Nice to meet you. | -你是泰利 我是凯文 -很高兴认识你 |
[13:53] | Listen, do you want to get out of here? | 你要不要去别的地方 |
[13:54] | I have a room at the Five Seasons. | 我在五季酒店有个房间 |
[13:56] | – Unless that’s too forward? – No, not at all. | -除非进展太快了 -完全不会 |
[14:08] | Tell me Bret is lying. | 告诉我布雷特在说谎 |
[14:10] | Tell me that you didn’t exploit my family tragedy | 告诉我你没以我家的悲剧为蓝本 |
[14:13] | for a Baxter Brothers novel. | 来写《巴克斯特兄弟之谜》小说 |
[14:14] | Betty, it was a Hail Mary. | 贝蒂 我当时也没办法 |
[14:17] | I had to give the Baxter Brotherhood something. | 必须要给巴克斯特兄弟出版商一个故事大纲 |
[14:19] | I was never going to go through with it without asking you first. | 我从来没想过不征求你的意见就去写 |
[14:22] | And I didn’t ask you because I wasn’t even going to do it. | 我没问 是因为我都没打算写 |
[14:24] | If you wanna use my life, | 如果你想利用我的人生 |
[14:26] | you wanna write about the Black Hood, | 想要写黑兜帽的故事 |
[14:28] | have the guts to ask me. | 那就来问我 |
[14:29] | – Don’t lie to my face. – I wasn’t lying. | -别当着我的面说谎 -我没有 |
[14:32] | No, you were just omitting the truth, | 你只不过省略了某些事实 |
[14:33] | which is exactly what you did about the Quill and Skull, | 在羽骷社的事上你就是这么做的 |
[14:36] | and about getting accepted into Yale. | 还有被耶鲁大学录取这件事 |
[14:38] | I told you about Yale, | 耶鲁的事我告诉你了 |
[14:39] | I just had to figure out the best time to do so. | 我只是需要找到合适的时机告诉你 |
[14:41] | Oh, and the best time to do so was right after we had sex? | 最合适的时机就是我们刚做完爱之后吗 |
[14:44] | There isn’t a handbook on how to tell your girlfriend | 又没有指导手册教我怎样告诉女朋友 |
[14:47] | that you got accepted to her dream school. | 我被她的理想学府录取了 |
[14:48] | Yeah, especially not when | 没错 尤其是 |
[14:49] | the only reason you got accepted to Yale | 你被耶鲁大学录取的唯一原因 |
[14:51] | is because of this stupid school. | 就是这个破学校 |
[14:56] | Oh, is that what you think? | 你是这样想的吗 |
[14:58] | That I don’t deserve to go to Yale? | 我不配上耶鲁大学 |
[15:14] | Good news, fellas. | 好消息 小伙子们 |
[15:14] | I just got off the phone with the mayor’s office, | 我刚和镇长办公室通了电话 |
[15:16] | and we’ve been hired to repair the drainage system in the prison. | 他们雇我们去维修监狱的排水系统 |
[15:20] | Government job, real money. | 这是政府工作 收入可观 |
[15:22] | We can’t do that, Mr. Keller. | 我们不能去 凯勒先生 |
[15:24] | We can’t do business with Hiram Lodge. | 我们不能和海勒姆·洛奇做生意 |
[15:25] | That prison represents | 监狱代表着 |
[15:26] | everything wrong and corrupt about this town. | 镇上的一切错误和腐败 |
[15:28] | We’d be taking blood money from Hiram. | 赚的都是海勒姆手上的脏钱 |
[15:30] | My dad wouldn’t do it. I won’t either. | 我爸不会这么做 我也不会 |
[15:31] | Archie, we can’t just do business with the people we like. | 亚奇 我们不能只和喜欢的人做生意 |
[15:34] | Kid made his decision, Tom. | 这孩子已经决定了 汤姆 |
[15:36] | Yeah, well, I think he’s made the wrong decision. | 我认为他的决定是错的 |
[15:38] | I don’t know if he should be getting advice from you about it. | 我不确定他是否应该听你的意见 |
[15:40] | Yeah, well, I’m family, | 但我是他家人 |
[15:41] | so I got more to say in this than you do. | 在这件事上我比你更有话语权 |
[15:43] | Look, I’ve made up my mind, we’ll figure out another way. | 我已经决定了 我们另想办法 |
[15:45] | And please, don’t tell any of the other crew about this. | 拜托不要告诉其他人 |
[15:47] | The morale’s low enough as it is. | 大家的斗志现在已经很低了 |
[15:49] | Let’s keep it between us. | 我们几个知道就好了 |
[15:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[15:55] | Hey, Betty. Do you have a minute? | 贝蒂 你有空吗 |
[15:58] | I just heard from my mentor at Yale. | 我刚收到耶鲁大学导师的消息 |
[16:01] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[16:02] | What was it? My grades? My essay? What? | 到底为什么 我的成绩 论文 还是别的 |
[16:05] | Just rip the band-aid off, Charles. | 说吧 长痛不如短痛 查尔斯 |
[16:08] | It wasn’t any of that. | 都不是 |
[16:11] | It was that they didn’t want to accept the daughter of the Black Hood. | 他们不想录取黑兜帽的女儿 |
[16:14] | They were afraid that if your father’s identity got out, | 他们担心一旦你父亲的身份暴露 |
[16:17] | it would generate bad press, problems with other students. | 会破坏学校的名声 影响其他学生 |
[16:21] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[16:40] | What the hell is wrong with you, Bret? | 你有什么毛病 布雷特 |
[16:42] | Why would you go and tell Betty that? | 你为什么要告诉贝蒂 |
[16:44] | How did you even know? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[16:45] | DuPont mentioned something. | 杜邦提到过 |
[16:47] | I thought you were supposed to be watching my back, | 我以为你会在背后支持我 |
[16:49] | – not stabbing it. – Wait, look, | -而不是捅刀子 -等等 |
[16:52] | I didn’t do this to hurt you, Jones. | 我这样做不是想伤害你 琼斯 |
[16:54] | I did it to get under Betty’s skin before the Quiz Show finals. | 我只是想在《最强大脑》决赛前激怒贝蒂 |
[16:57] | So you threw a live grenade into my relationship, | 你往我们的感情中扔了一颗手榴弹 |
[16:59] | so you could win a trivia contest? | 就是为了赢得智力竞赛 |
[17:02] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:03] | This is what it means to be a Quill and Skull. | 这就是羽骷社成员的作风 |
[17:06] | To win at any cost, always. | 永远要不计代价取得成功 |
[17:20] | You’ll never be satisfied, will you, Dad? | 你永远不会满足 是吗 老爸 |
[17:24] | It wasn’t enough that you had to ruin my past and my present, | 你不仅要毁掉我的过去和现在 |
[17:31] | but you had to destroy my future too. | 还要毁掉我的未来 |
[17:37] | Even rotting in the ground, you still find ways to torture me. | 即使被埋在地下腐烂 你也要折磨我 |
[17:46] | Not anymore. | 再也不会这样了 |
[17:51] | I’m done. | 我受够了 |
[17:56] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[18:07] | Betty. Betty! Betty. | 贝蒂 贝蒂 贝蒂 |
[18:10] | Honey. It’s okay, honey. It’s okay. | 亲爱的 没事了 亲爱的 没事了 |
[18:13] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[18:14] | I’m so sorry, honey. | 我很抱歉 亲爱的 |
[18:16] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[18:17] | Charles told me everything. | 查尔斯都告诉我了 |
[18:19] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[18:29] | There he is, Big Red. Come join us. | 红发小子来了 快过来 |
[18:31] | One second, Uncle Frank, I’m just grabbing a soda. | 等一下弗兰克叔叔 我去拿一瓶饮料 |
[18:34] | Uh, where was I? Oh, right. | 我说到哪了 对了 |
[18:42] | Carlos, did you want a beer? | 卡洛斯 喝啤酒吗 |
[18:43] | I’m good. | 不用了 |
[18:46] | Listen, Archie, | 听我说 亚奇 |
[18:46] | I heard we turned down a government contract. | 听说我们拒绝了一个政府项目 |
[18:49] | – Is that true? – Where did you hear that? | -是真的吗 -你从哪听说的 |
[18:51] | From my buddies working the gig. | 听工友说的 |
[18:54] | Look, Carlos, that’s not the kind of job we take. | 听着 卡洛斯 我们不干这种活 |
[18:57] | Well, some of the guys are pretty pissed about it. | 有些人对此很生气 |
[18:59] | There’s a lot of tension on the site. | 工地上的气氛很紧张 |
[19:01] | Something doesn’t change soon, your crew’s gonna quit. | 要是还不做出改变 你的人就要辞职了 |
[19:05] | And some advice… | 还有一点建议 |
[19:06] | You should spend a little more time with your boots on the ground. | 你应该多和手下的人交流 |
[19:09] | At the site, with us. | 和我们一起去工地 |
[19:11] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[19:26] | Okay, okay. | 好了 等一下 |
[19:29] | What is with the tickling? | 为什么要挠痒痒 |
[19:32] | Have you ever videotaped yourself? | 你给自己录像过吗 |
[19:36] | – Once. It didn’t go well. – No. | -有一次 结果不太好 -不是这种 |
[19:39] | Videotaped yourself getting tickled? | 录你被挠痒痒的视频 |
[19:42] | Why does every date I go on have to get super weird? | 为什么每次我的约会都会变得超级诡异 |
[19:45] | It’s just tickling. No sex. | 就是挠痒痒罢了 不是做爱 |
[19:47] | You don’t even have to take off your shirt. | 你甚至都不用把衣服脱掉 |
[19:51] | I direct you and another hot guy. | 我会指导你和另外一个性感帅哥 |
[19:54] | It’s fun. | 很有趣的 |
[19:56] | And it pays. | 而且有钱赚 |
[19:58] | – How much? – Five grand a video. | -多少钱 -一盘带子五千 |
[20:09] | So it’s with another guy, not you? | 是跟另外一个人吗 不是跟你 |
[20:10] | I just work the camera. | 我只负责摄像机 |
[20:12] | But I have someone who’d be really into you. | 但是我这有个人会非常喜欢你的 |
[20:17] | A total beefcake. | 一个绝对的肌肉男 |
[20:20] | What do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[20:23] | – Sure. – Cool, I’ll text my guy. | -好 -好 我给他发短信 |
[20:27] | He’s waiting down at the bar. | 他在楼下的酒吧等着呢 |
[20:36] | You didn’t have to come. | 你不需要过来的 |
[20:39] | Yes, I did. | 我需要 |
[20:42] | Especially after what your mom told me downstairs. | 尤其是你妈妈在楼下跟我说了那些事后 |
[20:48] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[20:51] | I mean, I fully spiraled in a cemetery. | 我在墓地里发疯了 |
[20:54] | No, you had a human reaction | 不 那只是你面对失控的情形时 |
[20:58] | to a situation that was totally out of your control. | 做出的下意识反应 |
[21:00] | I’m sorry that I wasn’t there for you when you needed me. | 很抱歉 没有在你需要的时候陪着你 |
[21:03] | I love you. I really hate when we fight. | 我爱你 我真的不喜欢和你吵架 |
[21:06] | You deserve Yale, Jug. | 你配得上耶鲁大学 猪头 |
[21:09] | And I’m so happy for you. | 我真的很为你高兴 |
[21:13] | It’s just hard for me to untangle | 只是我还没从 |
[21:16] | that from how sad I am that I won’t be going. | 被耶鲁拒绝的忧伤中解脱出来 |
[21:20] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[21:22] | But I’ve been thinking… | 但是我最近一直在想 |
[21:25] | Stonewall got me into Yale, | 石墙让我被耶鲁录取 |
[21:26] | but what if I could pay it forward, helping you win? | 要是我能再接再厉 帮助你赢呢 |
[21:30] | – You mean the Quiz Show? – No, | -你是指《最强大脑》吗 -不是 |
[21:33] | you’ve got that in the bag. | 那对你来说如探囊取物 |
[21:35] | I’m talking about the other, bigger game that we’re playing. | 我是指另一个更大的比赛 |
[22:15] | Cheryl, we’re a hit. | 谢丽尔 我们这里火了 |
[22:17] | As is our maple concoction. | 正如我们的枫糖鸡尾酒 |
[22:18] | But did you expect anything less? | 但是这不正是我们预料的吗 |
[22:20] | And we already have a long list of interested buyers. | 而且已经有很多人有意买酒了 |
[22:23] | Let’s keep those free shots flowing. | 那就继续供应免费酒水吧 |
[22:26] | Sheriff’s department. | 警察 |
[22:29] | What the hell is this? | 这他妈在搞什么 |
[22:30] | Haven’t you been through enough of them to know? | 你不是经历过很多回了吗 你应该清楚 |
[22:33] | – It’s a raid. – For some trumped up reason, no doubt. | -突击检查 -很显然又是出于某个编造的理由 |
[22:36] | You may be mayor, | 就算你是镇长 |
[22:37] | but you can’t just barge in here like you own the place. | 也不能把这里当自己家 想来就来 |
[22:40] | Well, this warrant says otherwise. | 这张搜查令说我可以 |
[22:44] | It has been brought to my attention | 我注意到 |
[22:45] | that there is alcohol being sold on the premises. | 这家店内销售酒水 |
[22:47] | False, we aren’t selling anything. | 错 我们什么都没卖 |
[22:56] | You don’t think I know what game you girls are playing? | 你不会以为我不知道你们在打什么主意吧 |
[23:00] | Ladies, I’m the grand master. | 姑娘们 我才是大师 |
[23:02] | And when you play against me, | 你们跟我玩 |
[23:05] | you’ll lose every single time. | 会输得一败涂地的 |
[23:47] | Are you sure he understands what kind of video we’re making? | 你确定他知道我们要录什么样的视频吗 |
[23:49] | That it’s just tickling? | 就只是挠痒痒而已 |
[23:51] | Relax. | 放松 |
[23:53] | Daryl’s one of my top earners, | 达里尔是我手下最赚钱的人之一 |
[23:55] | and subscribers love it when opposites pair up. | 而订阅客户喜欢你们这种反差组合 |
[23:58] | Trust me, I’ve done hundreds of these. | 相信我 我已经干过几百次了 |
[24:02] | Did you say hundreds? What kind of operation are you running? | 你说几百次 这到底是什么生意 |
[24:06] | Play your cards right, stud, and you’ll find out. | 好好表现 帅哥 你会明白的 |
[24:19] | Fear not, | 不要怕 |
[24:20] | we have a new batch brewing at Thistlehouse | 虽然受了这么大的打击 |
[24:22] | even as we lick our wounds. | 我们在蓟园还有一批新酒 |
[24:28] | And to what end? | 那又怎么样 |
[24:29] | To become floor polish like that batch? | 像这一批一样变成地板抛光液吗 |
[24:32] | And I know my father, he’ll just keep raiding this place | 我了解我父亲 他会一次次来这里突击 |
[24:34] | until we cry tio. | 直到我们哭着放弃 |
[24:37] | Yes, he will raid this place. | 没错 他会来这里突击 |
[24:41] | Why’re you saying it like it’s a good thing? | 为什么你说得像这是好事一样 |
[24:43] | Because I’ve just had one of my hellaciously simple, | 因为我刚想到一个非常简单 |
[24:46] | yet brilliant ideas. | 又天才的主意 |
[24:48] | What if we keep this location open as a nightclub | 我们继续经营这家夜店 |
[24:51] | as a distraction? | 作为掩护怎么样 |
[24:52] | Get him to focus on La Bonne Nuit | 让他继续盯着美好之夜酒吧 |
[24:54] | while we relocate our rum business elsewhere. | 而我们将朗姆酒生意放到别的地方做 |
[24:57] | Do you happen to have one of these magical realms | 而在你的背包里 |
[25:00] | tucked away in your back pocket? | 正好有着这样一个魔法王国 |
[25:01] | Back pocket? | 背包 |
[25:04] | More like top floor. | 不如说是在顶楼 |
[25:17] | You’re a natural, Kev. You have a great laugh. | 你很有天赋 小凯 你的笑声很棒 |
[25:20] | Terrific timber. | 天资不错 |
[25:23] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[25:27] | You can make a lot more if and when you build a following. | 有固定客户之后 你能挣得更多 |
[25:31] | Terry, this is a one-time thing. | 泰利 我只做一次 |
[25:34] | That’s a shame. You could make some serious bank. | 太可惜了 你可以挣很多钱的 |
[25:37] | All right, let me ask you. | 好吧 我问你 |
[25:40] | Would I always have to work with Daryl? | 我必须一直跟达里尔合作吗 |
[25:41] | Daryl’s popular, but, no. Why? | 达里尔很受欢迎 但不是 怎么了 |
[25:45] | Did you have someone else in mind? | 你有别的人选吗 |
[25:48] | Cheryl, what is this place? | 谢丽尔 这是什么地方 |
[25:50] | Mumsie’s old brothel. | 老妈的老妓院 |
[25:52] | The Maple Club. | 枫木俱乐部 |
[25:53] | The most exclusive gentlemen’s club in town, just sitting here. | 镇上最高档的男士俱乐部 就在这里闲置着 |
[25:58] | Okay, but is a former cathouse really on-brand | 好吧 但是一家曾经赫赫有名的妓院 |
[26:02] | for our female empowerment start-up? | 作为我们的女权创业基地真的好吗 |
[26:04] | Mommy Dreadful was certainly was no ally to the cause, | 可怕的老妈当然不是我们的盟友 |
[26:07] | but that doesn’t mean we can’t use this place | 但并不意味着我们不能利用这个地方 |
[26:09] | for our own purposes. | 达到自己的目的 |
[26:12] | Not only is its rent prepaid for the rest of the year, | 这里不仅已经预付了整年的房租 |
[26:14] | but it is and has everything we need. | 而且有我们所需的一切 |
[26:17] | Private drinking club, check. | 私密酒吧 有了 |
[26:19] | Premium security system, check. | 高端安保系统 有了 |
[26:22] | List of Riverdale’s richest rubes… | 河谷镇土豪名单 |
[26:29] | Check. | 有了 |
[26:35] | Look at all the names in here. | 看看这上面的名字 |
[26:36] | Cheryl, do you realize what this is? | 谢丽尔 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[26:38] | Clients with the financial means | 有钱的客户意味着 |
[26:40] | to pay at the price point we require. | 他们会按我们所需的价位消费 |
[26:41] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[26:43] | So, let’s tap those scumbags like maple trees | 我们把那些人渣当成枫树 采割汁液 |
[26:46] | and start making some real money. | 开始赚大钱吧 |
[26:48] | As a valued long-term client, | 作为尊贵的长期客户 |
[26:50] | we wanted you to be the first to know | 我们希望您最先知晓 |
[26:51] | that the Maple Club is reopening. | 枫木俱乐部要重新开张了 |
[26:53] | No, we are no longer a bordello. | 不 我们不是妓院了 |
[26:55] | Think of it more as a social club, | 把它当成一个社交俱乐部 |
[26:58] | offering exclusivity, discretion… | 提供独家经销权 酌情决定权 |
[27:00] | …And high-end, maple-centric liquor, | 高端枫木主题酒水 |
[27:02] | a brand so rare it can only be purchased on the premises. | 这一稀有品牌只在本店销售 |
[27:05] | Yes, I had a feeling that might be of interest to you. | 是的 我猜您说不定会对它感兴趣 |
[27:08] | Of course… | 当然 |
[27:09] | You’ll be put at the top of the list. | 您将成为我们的头号客户 |
[27:13] | Between senior year | 恰逢高四 |
[27:15] | and operating La Bonne Nuit as a cover, | 还要经营美好之夜酒吧作为掩护 |
[27:18] | we’re taking on quite the load. | 我们要满负荷运转了 |
[27:22] | What we need is a full-time live-in manager. | 我们需要一名全职留宿经理 |
[27:25] | Someone who will be beholden to us. | 一个会对我们感恩戴德的人 |
[27:29] | Who will live, eat, and sleep here | 一个愿意吃住睡在这里 |
[27:31] | to ensure things run smoothly. | 以确保一切顺利运行的人 |
[27:36] | I have the perfect candidate. | 我有完美人选 |
[27:38] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 你肯定是在逗我 |
[27:41] | – Cheryl, she’s a killer. – So was Betty’s father. | -谢丽尔 她是个杀手 -贝蒂她爸也是 |
[27:45] | So was your father. | 你父亲也是 |
[27:48] | True. | 没错 |
[27:50] | Why have you come for me, nightmare child? | 你为什么来找我 倒霉孩子 |
[27:53] | To offer you a change of venue, Mumsie. | 给你换个审判地方 妈咪 |
[27:56] | And a way for you to work off your debt to society and to me. | 也给你一个向社会还有我还债的机会 |
[28:01] | As long as you’re willing to play by our tightly coiled rules. | 只要你愿意按我们严格的规则行事 |
[28:09] | I knew it was gonna happen, | 我就知道会出这种事 |
[28:10] | I just didn’t think it was gonna happen this quick. | 只是没想到会这么快 |
[28:12] | What’s the problem, Mr. Keller? | 出什么事了 凯勒先生 |
[28:14] | There’s 200 bucks missing from petty cash. | 零用钱少了二百 |
[28:16] | You know anything about that, Frank? | 这事你知道吗 弗兰克 |
[28:17] | Yeah, I borrowed it against my salary. | 知道 我借走了 预支工资 |
[28:20] | You mean, you stole it. | 所以就是偷的 |
[28:21] | You can’t steel something | 公司招牌上有我的姓 |
[28:22] | when your family name’s on the shingle, Tom. | 这根本不算偷 汤姆 |
[28:23] | Your brother put up that sign, Frank. | 是你哥竖起的那块招牌 弗兰克 |
[28:25] | It had nothing to do with you. | 跟你没任何关系 |
[28:27] | Archie, I’ve done my best to help you, | 亚奇 我已经尽全力帮你了 |
[28:28] | but if you’re gonna stand beside a piece of garbage like this, | 但如果你与这样的垃圾为伍 |
[28:31] | we’re finished. | 那我就不干了 |
[28:33] | Uncle Frank. | 弗兰克叔叔 |
[28:35] | Mr. Keller. | 凯勒先生 |
[28:50] | That’s it. I’m done. I quit. | 我不干了 我退出 |
[28:53] | Any of you who want to work a job where you actually get paid, | 如果你们想找有酬劳的工作 |
[28:56] | you know where to find me. | 知道去哪儿找我 |
[29:08] | Just gonna keep giving me the silent treatment? | 要一直搞冷战吗 |
[29:11] | I stuck my neck out for you, Frank. | 我为你冒了这么大风险 弗兰克 |
[29:12] | How the hell could you steal from the till? | 你怎么能从出纳机偷钱 |
[29:14] | I didn’t steal it. | 我不是偷 |
[29:16] | I borrowed it against my future salary. | 我这是预支工资 |
[29:17] | If you needed money, why didn’t you just come to me? | 如果你需要钱 为什么不直接来找我 |
[29:19] | Because you’re my nephew. | 因为你是我侄子 |
[29:21] | I’m a 40-year-old man, Archie. | 我四十岁了 亚奇 |
[29:23] | I did eight years in the military, | 我在军队服役了八年 |
[29:24] | seven of that in combat. | 打了七年仗 |
[29:25] | How the hell do you think it makes me feel | 向十几岁的小毛孩子借钱 |
[29:27] | to have to ask a teenager for a loan? | 是一种什么感觉 |
[29:32] | What did you even need it for? | 你拿钱干什么 |
[29:33] | I got a hot tip, a sure thing at the track. | 我得到马场的内部消息 稳赢的 |
[29:36] | You’re gambling with it? | 你用这钱赌博 |
[29:40] | I was trying to earn enough to pay the guys their bonuses. | 我想赚钱给那些家伙发奖金 |
[29:44] | But go ahead and think the worst, Archie, everybody else does. | 你也可以像别人一样把我当成坏人 亚奇 |
[29:52] | All right, we’re on in five. | 五分钟后开拍 |
[29:54] | One-two, one-two. | 一二 一二 |
[29:57] | Sound check, please. | 试一下音 |
[29:59] | Cam one, over here, please. | 一号摄像机 请拍这里 |
[30:08] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[30:10] | This is Mr. Brooks, | 这位是布鲁克斯先生 |
[30:11] | the Yale recruiter I was telling you about. | 我和你说过的那位耶鲁招生负责人 |
[30:15] | Recruiter? It’s a pleasure to meet you, sir. | 招生负责人 很荣幸见到您 先生 |
[30:17] | The pleasure is mine. | 是我的荣幸 |
[30:19] | Forsythe was insistent I see you in action. | 福赛斯坚持要让我看你的表现 |
[30:22] | – He’s your biggest cheerleader. – And I’m his too. | -他是你最强大的拉拉队员 -我也是他的 |
[30:26] | – Okay, break a leg out there. – Okay, thanks. | -祝你好运 -谢谢 |
[30:29] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到您 |
[30:33] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[30:34] | Jughead told me about the recruiter. | 猪头和我说了招生负责人的事 |
[30:36] | If you win out there, you get another shot? | 如果你赢了 还有机会吗 |
[30:38] | Yup, as if I wasn’t already stressed enough. | 是的 你生怕我压力不够大是吗 |
[30:40] | Oh, honey, I’m sorry. I’m just really excited for you. | 宝贝 抱歉 我太激动了 |
[30:43] | I left you a present in the greenroom. | 我在休息室里给你留了份礼物 |
[31:14] | Oh, my God, Mom. What did you do? | 天啊 妈妈 你在干什么 |
[31:22] | Well, hello, everyone, and welcome to RIVW’s Quiz Show. | 大家好 欢迎来到《RIVW最强大脑》 |
[31:26] | We have our returning champions, Stonewall Prep, | 由卫冕冠军石墙预科学校 |
[31:29] | facing first-time finalists Riverdale High. | 对阵首次入围的河谷镇高中 |
[31:32] | So, let’s get quizzing. | 开始出题吧 |
[31:36] | What country has the longest coastline in continental Europe? | 欧洲大陆哪个国家海岸线最长 |
[31:40] | Norway. | 挪威 |
[31:42] | Correct. | 正确 |
[31:43] | The miracle of Dunkirk. | 敦刻尔克奇迹 |
[31:45] | Correct. | 正确 |
[31:46] | Aft, bow, port, starboard. | 船尾 船头 左舷 右舷 |
[31:49] | Correct. | 正确 |
[31:51] | If the limit never approaches anything, | 如果极限不接近任何值 |
[31:52] | – the limit does not exist. – Correct. | -那么极限不存在 -正确 |
[31:55] | In his 1899 novella The Jungle Book, | 1899年的中篇小说《奇幻森林》 |
[31:58] | – what author– – Rudyard Kipling. | -作者是谁 -拉迪亚德·吉卜林 |
[32:00] | Correct. | 正确 |
[32:01] | – Demand– – Demand side economics. | -需求 -需求方经济学 |
[32:03] | Why are we even here? | 我们是来干什么的 |
[32:04] | It’s like she knows the answers | 感觉题目还没出来 |
[32:05] | before the questions are even asked. | 她就知道答案了 |
[32:08] | Burgundy, France. | 法国勃艮第 |
[32:09] | Oh, sorry, that’s incorrect. | 不好意思 错误 |
[32:13] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | -对不起 -没事 |
[32:14] | To Stonewall. | 石墙 |
[32:15] | Cotes du Rhone. | 隆河丘 |
[32:17] | Oh, sorry, that’s also incorrect. | 抱歉 也不正确 |
[32:19] | It’s Bordeaux, jackhole. | 波尔多 蠢货 |
[32:20] | Actually, Bret, it’s Alsace. | 布雷特 实际上是阿尔萨斯 |
[32:22] | The correct answer is Alsace. | 正确答案是阿尔萨斯 |
[32:24] | Well, with the thrilling back and forth, | 经过几轮紧张的回合 |
[32:25] | the score’s still tied at 520. | 比分依然是平局520分 |
[32:30] | Well, that sound can only mean one thing, | 这个声音意味着 |
[32:32] | it is time for our final question. | 最后一道题的时间到了 |
[32:34] | It’s all yours, B. | 交给你了 小贝 |
[32:35] | Destroy that pleated khaki trash monster. | 摧毁那个穿卡其色打褶衣服的垃圾 |
[32:44] | For the win. | 一决胜负 |
[32:45] | In a manual transmission vehicle, | 手动档汽车里 |
[32:48] | what mechanical device connects two or more rotating shafts? | 什么机械装置连接两个或多个转轴 |
[32:54] | Spark plug. | 火花塞 |
[32:58] | That is incorrect. | 错误 |
[33:03] | Riverdale, your chance to steal. | 河谷镇 你的偷袭机会 |
[33:09] | The clutch. | 离合器 |
[33:11] | That is correct. | 正确 |
[33:14] | Riverdale has won. Riverdale are the winners. | 河谷镇胜出 河谷镇获得冠军 |
[33:19] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[33:20] | Well, there you have it, everyone. | 观众朋友们 感谢收看 |
[33:21] | Another fantastic Quiz Show. Thanks for joining in. | 又一期精彩的《最强大脑》 |
[33:24] | Say, “Victory.” | 说”胜利” |
[33:25] | Victory. | 胜利 |
[33:27] | Okay, that’s cute. | 很可爱 |
[33:31] | I’ll take genius girlfriends for 200, Alex. | 我的天才女友 |
[33:34] | I don’t know what’s better, the win or the look on Bret’s face. | 不知道哪个感觉更好 获胜还是看布雷特的表情 |
[33:37] | Well, you’re gonna to solve every mystery in Connecticut, | 你要解开康涅狄格州的所有谜团 |
[33:40] | and we’re going to eat a lot of pizza. | 我们还要吃很多比萨 |
[33:48] | It looks perfect there. | 放在那里很好 |
[33:50] | And I’m so glad to see that you’re not beating yourself up. | 很高兴看到你没有自责 |
[33:53] | You did what you had to do. | 你做了你应该做的 |
[33:57] | Yeah, not in the way that you think, Mom. | 妈 不是你想的那样 |
[33:59] | I didn’t use the answers that you stole. | 我没有用你偷来的答案 |
[34:02] | I tore those up and threw them away. | 我把答案撕掉扔了 |
[34:05] | I wanted to beat Bret fair and square. | 我想光明正大地打败布雷特 |
[34:18] | – I take it the bet came in? – Yeah. | -看来赌赢了 -是的 |
[34:21] | Turned $200 into ten grand. | 两百变成了一万 |
[34:23] | It’s enough to pay the bonuses. | 奖金够了 |
[34:25] | We good now? | 没问题了吧 |
[34:28] | This is great, Uncle Frank. | 很好 弗兰克叔叔 |
[34:32] | But, no, we’re not good. | 但还是有问题 |
[34:34] | When you took that money, | 你拿那笔钱时 |
[34:35] | it felt like you were stealing from my dad. | 感觉就像你从我爸那偷了钱 |
[34:38] | I was just trying to help, Archie. | 我只是想帮忙 亚奇 |
[34:41] | It’s not what you did. It’s how you did it. | 不是你做了什么 而是你做事的方式 |
[34:43] | Andrews Construction isn’t just a business, | 安德鲁斯建筑公司不只是一家公司 |
[34:45] | it’s my dad’s legacy. | 还是我爸的遗产 |
[34:47] | We treat it with honor, with respect. | 我们以崇敬尊重的心对待它 |
[34:49] | This can’t happen again. | 以后不能再这样了 |
[34:53] | You sound just like him. | 你真的很像他 |
[34:55] | And I understand. | 我懂 |
[35:04] | Betty! Betty! | 贝蒂 贝蒂 |
[35:20] | We did it, Mr. Honey. We won. | 我们做到了 哈尼老师 我们赢了 |
[35:23] | You did, Ms. Cooper, | 你赢了 库珀小姐 |
[35:24] | and apparently how you did it is a grave problem. | 但你赢的方式有很大的问题 |
[35:29] | I don’t understand. What do you… | 我不明白 你为什么… |
[35:33] | This was found in the trash inside your greenroom. | 这是在你休息室的垃圾桶找到的 |
[35:39] | My office, now! | 现在来我办公室 |
[35:59] | The school called. I tried convincing Mr. Honey | 学校打了电话 我想说服哈尼老师 |
[36:02] | that you had nothing to do with it. | 你和这件事无关 |
[36:03] | That this was my doing to try to give you an advantage. | 是我干的 我想帮你建立优势 |
[36:06] | To balance the damage your father has done. | 弥补你父亲造成的伤害 |
[36:08] | I know, Mom. | 我知道 妈妈 |
[36:12] | Why aren’t you at work? | 你怎么没上班 |
[36:15] | Apparently, somebody told my station manager, | 有人告诉了我的站长 |
[36:18] | and I have been put on leave without pay | 我被安排了无薪休假 |
[36:21] | for who knows how long. | 不知道要多久 |
[36:23] | I just don’t understand, how could anyone find out? | 我只是想不明白 怎么会有人发现 |
[36:25] | I mean, where’s the evidence? I was so careful. | 证据呢 我很小心的 |
[36:28] | Exhibit A. | 附件A |
[36:29] | Someone must have dug through my trash, | 肯定有人翻了我的垃圾桶 |
[36:32] | probably Bret. | 可能是布雷特 |
[36:33] | But you didn’t even use these answers. | 但你都没用这些答案 |
[36:34] | Doesn’t matter. No one believes me. | 这不重要 没有人相信我 |
[36:37] | I saw how hard you studied, Betty. | 我知道你学得有多努力 贝蒂 |
[36:39] | You earned that trophy. | 奖杯是你应得的 |
[36:41] | Well, according to Mr. Honey, Riverdale’s victory | 根据哈尼老师的说法 河谷镇的胜利 |
[36:43] | has been tainted by a cloud of scandal. | 被丑闻的阴云所掩盖了 |
[36:47] | So, it’s been overturned. Stonewall Prep wins again. | 所以名次被取消了 石墙预科学校又赢了 |
[36:51] | And I’ve been suspended, pending further investigation. | 我已经被停学了 等待进一步调查 |
[37:01] | Before I say what I’m about to say, Fangs, | 在我说这些话之前 毒牙 |
[37:02] | I wanna make one thing clear. | 我想说清楚一件事 |
[37:04] | This is not about me wanting to get back together. | 我不是想跟你复合 |
[37:07] | Understand? | 明白吗 |
[37:09] | I’ve heard better opening lines. | 这开场白可不怎么样 |
[37:11] | I have a proposal for you. | 我这有个活 |
[37:13] | It’s good money, on-camera work. | 能挣不少 但是要上镜 |
[37:16] | It’s a little weird, but it’ll be infinitely less weird | 是有点奇怪 但是如果和认识的人一起 |
[37:19] | if I do it with someone I know. | 就会好很多了 |
[37:20] | On camera? | 上镜 |
[37:22] | What’re you talking about, Kevin? | 什么意思 凯文 |
[37:23] | Just… promise me you’ll keep an open mind. Okay, stud? | 答应我别抱任何成见 行吗 帅哥 |
[37:33] | Thanks for meeting me, Mr. Keller. | 谢谢你来见我 凯勒先生 |
[37:35] | I wanted to make sure you got your bonus, | 我想确保你拿到奖金 |
[37:36] | and to apologize. | 然后道个歉 |
[37:39] | I’m a grown man, Archie. I can take care of myself. | 我不是小孩子了 亚奇 我可以照顾自己 |
[37:42] | Would you consider coming back to Andrews Construction? | 你愿意回安德鲁斯建筑公司吗 |
[37:45] | You know that I want to, | 你知道我想回去 |
[37:47] | but if Frank’s going to be sticking around, | 但如果弗兰克不走 |
[37:48] | I just don’t think that’s a good idea. | 还是算了吧 |
[37:52] | What if I made you foreman? | 如果我让你当工头呢 |
[37:54] | Archie, you’re a good kid. You always have been. | 亚奇 你一直都是个好孩子 |
[37:58] | But you trust too much. | 但你太容易信任别人了 |
[38:00] | I know who my Uncle Frank is, Mr. Keller. | 我了解弗兰克叔叔 凯勒先生 |
[38:02] | Sure, he’s a mixed bag. | 他是个混球 |
[38:04] | But I can’t turn my back on family. | 但我不能抛弃家人 |
[38:07] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[38:10] | Good luck to you. I just pray that Frank Andrews | 祝你好运 希望弗兰克·安德鲁斯 |
[38:14] | isn’t the end of your dad’s company. | 不会毁掉你爸的公司 |
[38:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:22] | One Maple Rum Punch and one Maplejito | 这是阿尔克莱特先生那桌的 |
[38:25] | for Mr. Arklight and his guest. | 一杯枫糖朗姆酒和一杯枫糖吉托 |
[38:29] | How’s the front of house going? | 前台怎么样了 |
[38:31] | Busy. Word is spreading faster than a fire at Thornhill. | 很忙 消息传得比瑰刺庄园大火烧得还快 |
[38:37] | It’s Pop Tate. Apparently La Bonne Nuit just got raided again. | 是泰特老爹 美好之夜酒吧又被突击检查了 |
[38:40] | Heavens, whatever will your father find this time? | 天哪 这次你父亲会找到什么 |
[38:44] | Let me think, a club of sweaty dancing teenagers | 让我想想 一群汗流浃背的跳舞少年 |
[38:47] | imbibing virgin coladas, | 喝着凤梨椰汁 |
[38:48] | fizzy juice drinks, and coffee-infused colas. | 碳酸果汁 还有加了咖啡的可乐 |
[38:53] | To our two income streams being up and running. | 为咱俩合作顺利干杯 |
[38:57] | I’ll drink to that. | 干杯 |
[38:58] | Is this mask absolutely necessary? | 这个面具真的有必要吗 |
[39:03] | It’s mandatory, Mother. | 这是必须的 妈妈 |
[39:05] | Unless you want someone to find out your identity, | 除非你想让别人知道你的身份 |
[39:08] | you’ll keep that false face on | 你得一直戴着面具 |
[39:09] | and stay within the walls of the Maple Club. | 不能踏出枫木俱乐部一步 |
[39:11] | And if you get the itch to run… | 如果你想逃跑 |
[39:13] | …that ankle monitor and proximity sensor I put on you | 我给你装的脚踝监视器和距离感测器 |
[39:16] | will start screeching like a cat in heat, Mrs. Blossom. | 就会像发情的猫一样尖叫 布鲁森太太 |
[39:20] | Take this as a win. | 你就知足吧 |
[39:21] | You’re under house-arrest, | 你只是被软禁 |
[39:22] | minding our shop whilst we’re in school. | 在我们上学时帮忙看店 |
[39:24] | But at least you’re not in that petri dish of a teen sex bunker. | 至少你不在青少年性爱地堡的培养皿里 |
[39:32] | You’re a pathological lunatic, you know that, Bret? | 你是个病态的疯子 知道吗 布雷特 |
[39:34] | I know what you did to Betty. | 我知道你对贝蒂做了什么 |
[39:35] | Easy, Forsythe. | 冷静点 福赛斯 |
[39:36] | From what I hear, she did it to herself. | 据我所知 这是她自找的 |
[39:38] | You consider yourself to be this elite man of honor, | 你以为自己是一个有荣誉感的精英 |
[39:41] | but you are nothing more than a joke and a coward. | 但你只不过是个笑话 懦夫 |
[39:43] | You know, when you say things like that, Forsythe, | 福赛斯 你说这种话 |
[39:46] | – it really upsets me. – Oh, I’m sorry. | -就太过分了 -不好意思 |
[39:49] | Have I besmirched your precious honor? | 我玷污了你宝贵的名誉了吗 |
[39:51] | – You’re damn right, you have. – Good. | -没错 -很好 |
[39:52] | Because as stated by the Quill and Skull charter, | 正如羽骷社宪章所说 |
[39:55] | any dispute between two members | 两个成员之间的任何争端 |
[39:56] | can be solved according to the code | 可以根据 |
[39:58] | of the society of the founding fathers. | 开国元勋协会的法典解决 |
[40:01] | A duel. | 决斗 |
[40:03] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[40:05] | I’m as serious as a shot to the heart. | 我非常认真 |
[40:11] | Are you scared? | 你害怕了吗 |
[40:12] | No, amused at the thought of your ponytailed girlfriend | 不 一想到你的马尾女朋友要为你的尸体哭泣 |
[40:16] | – weeping over your dead body. – That’s not gonna happen. | -我就觉得好笑 -不可能 |
[40:20] | So, sudden death? Yes or no? | 一分定胜负 敢不敢 |
[40:30] | I got here as soon as I could. What’s going on? | 我尽快赶过来了 出什么事了 |
[40:32] | I just don’t think I can do this anymore, Arch. | 我受不了了 亚奇 |
[40:35] | I keep waiting for Jug to come back, but he doesn’t. | 我一直在等猪头 但他还是没有回来 |
[40:38] | And he won’t. He won’t ever come back. | 他不会回来了 |
[40:43] | And I don’t know how I’m supposed to keep going. | 我不知道还要怎么坚持下去 |
[40:50] | Day by day, Betty. | 一天一天来 贝蒂 |
[40:52] | We’ll get through this… together. | 我们会一起撑过去的 |