时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | There’s an old adage, “You can’t go home again,” | 有句老话”回不去的是故乡” |
[00:07] | which was certainly ringing true for us. | 用来描述我们最恰当不过了 |
[00:10] | Archie had been in a war, Betty was an FBI agent, | 亚奇上过战场 贝蒂当过联调局探员 |
[00:15] | Veronica was married, Toni was queen of the Serpents | 维罗尼卡已为人妻 托妮当上了毒蛇帮女王 |
[00:19] | and I was a published writer. | 而我成了出版作家 |
[00:21] | So why were we only talking | 那为什么我们谈论的话题 |
[00:23] | about how the town of Riverdale had fallen | 只有河谷镇如何衰败 |
[00:26] | and Archie’s pipe dream to somehow save it? | 以及亚奇妄图拯救这里的白日梦呢 |
[00:30] | Probably because it was easier | 可能因为聊这些 |
[00:31] | than the conversations that awaited us. | 比接下来的对话轻松一些 |
[00:35] | Why didn’t you reach out? | 你怎么都不联系我 |
[00:39] | I didn’t think you wanted me to after you left me that voicemail. | 听了你的语音留言 我以为你不想让我再找你了 |
[00:46] | On the night of your book launch? | 就是你的新书发售那晚 |
[00:48] | After that, I just assumed you didn’t want to hear from me. | 我以为你不想再听到我的消息 |
[00:55] | That wasn’t my intention. | 我不是那个意思 |
[00:56] | I’m sorry if it came off that way. It was nice to see you, | 对不起让你误会了 即便回来这里 |
[01:01] | even if it’s strange to be back here, | 感觉很奇怪 很异样 |
[01:04] | just deeply uncanny. | 能见到你还挺好的 |
[01:07] | Same old Archie, though. Trying to save everyone. | 不过亚奇还是老样子 喜欢逞英雄 |
[01:11] | Good luck with that, dude. | 祝他好运 |
[01:14] | I mean I have a book to write. | 我还有本书要写 |
[01:16] | Yeah, after Pop’s retirement party, | 开完老爹的退休派对 |
[01:18] | I have to get back to Quantico. | 我也得回匡蒂科了 |
[01:21] | It’s good to see you, too, Jug, | 猪头 见到你我也很高兴 |
[01:24] | even though it is a bit weird. | 虽然确实有点怪怪的 |
[01:32] | That’s some rock on your finger, Ronnie. | 你手上的钻戒真闪 罗尼 |
[01:35] | – He must be a great guy. – Chad? | -他一定人很好 -查德吗 |
[01:38] | Yeah, he is, underneath the bluster and bravado. | 是的 表面上挺强势挺吓人的 |
[01:44] | What about you, Bugle Boy? | 你呢 大兵 |
[01:46] | I’m sure you’ve had a swarm of lovers. | 你肯定身边莺莺燕燕的 |
[01:49] | I don’t know about that. | 这可不好说 |
[01:52] | The last real relationship I was in was … | 我上一段认真的感情 |
[01:56] | well, it was with you. | 还是和你在一起 |
[02:01] | Devil-may-care fling never hurt anybody, Archie. | 不顾一切的放纵不会伤害任何人 亚奇 |
[02:05] | Besides, you should be having fun at this point in your life. | 况且 人生中这个时候就该及时行乐 |
[02:08] | Because once you’re married… | 因为一旦你结婚了 |
[02:11] | Well, that’s why this is just a quick jaunt for me. | 所以 对我来说这只是一场短期旅行 |
[02:14] | I have to go back to my life, my husband. | 我得回到我的生活 回到我老公身边 |
[02:18] | Yeah, for sure. | 那是肯定的 |
[02:25] | Mom? | 妈 |
[02:27] | I brought you a vanilla milkshake, extra thick. | 我给你买了香草奶昔 特浓的 |
[02:30] | Oh, thanks, sweetheart. Will you put in the fridge? | 谢谢亲爱的 能放到冰箱里吗 |
[02:33] | Keep your voice down. The twins are finally asleep. | 小点声 双胞胎好不容易睡了 |
[02:35] | Sure. | 好的 |
[02:36] | – Is Polly home yet? – Nope. Not yet. | -波莉回来了吗 -还没有 |
[02:40] | It’s pretty late. Where is she? | 已经这么晚了 她去哪了 |
[02:42] | Oh, you know, out and about at work. You know your sister. | 还在外面忙工作 你也了解你妹妹 |
[03:19] | Jones, it’s Samm. Where the hell are you? | 琼斯 我是萨姆 你死哪去了 |
[03:22] | -And where are your pages? Scribners– – Forsythe Jones, | -你的书稿呢 伯纳 -福赛斯·琼斯 |
[03:25] | you currently owe $9,876 to Premiere Credit. | 您当前在首信信贷的负债总额为9876美元 |
[03:29] | If you do not pay the outstanding balance within 24 hours– | 如未能在24小时内还清未结款项 |
[03:38] | So, how did the Bughead reunion go? | “猪蒂”重聚怎么样 |
[03:42] | As well as it could have, | 就那么回事吧 |
[03:44] | considering not all of us could be happily shacked up | 毕竟不是所有人都能幸福地 |
[03:47] | with our high school sweethearts, Kev. | 和高中时代的恋人在一起 凯文 |
[03:48] | Uh, FBI agent, high school drama teacher. | 联调局探员 高中戏剧老师 |
[03:51] | I’m technically not an agent yet. | 严格说来我还不是探员 |
[03:57] | – Oh, my God. – What? What is it? | -天啊 -怎么了 什么东西 |
[04:00] | Charles. He kept files of | 查尔斯 他记录了 |
[04:01] | everyone in my family, including me and… | 我们全家的信息 包括我 |
[04:05] | tapes of our phone conversations, I think. | 好像还有我们的通话录音 |
[04:12] | Edgar, is it really you? | 埃德加 真的是你吗 |
[04:14] | No, bitch, it’s your sister. | 不 贱人 我是你姐 |
[04:16] | – What? – And you’re as good as dead to me now too. | -什么 -现在对我来说你已经死了 |
[04:19] | What the– | 什么 |
[04:21] | – Is that– – Me, calling Polly on Halloween years ago. | -这是 -多年前万圣节我给波莉打的电话 |
[04:30] | Let’s just get right to it, Daddy. | 我们直说吧 老爸 |
[04:32] | I want back in on the family businesses. | 我想回归家族生意 |
[04:34] | I’m confused. Don’t you live in New York? | 我不明白 你不是住在纽约吗 |
[04:36] | As it so happens, Chadwick and I are looking for a weekend home, | 恰好我和查德威克正在找周末屋 |
[04:40] | possibly here in Riverdale. | 很可能就选在河谷镇 |
[04:42] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[04:44] | Well, unfortunately for you, | 很不幸 |
[04:46] | Hermosa moved the rum business to Miami. | 埃尔莫萨把朗姆酒生意转移到了迈阿密 |
[04:48] | And I sold La Bonne Nuit to Toni Topaz years ago. | 我很多年前就把美好之夜酒吧卖给托妮了 |
[04:52] | Without telling me? | 都没跟我说一声 |
[04:53] | It must have slipped my mind. | 我肯定是忙忘了 |
[04:55] | Like how you forgot to tell me that you were marrying Chad. | 就像你没告诉我你跟查德结婚了一样 |
[04:59] | By the way, if you’re truly interested in a weekend home, | 对了 如果你真有兴趣买周末屋 |
[05:02] | might I suggest a property in SoDale? | 我可以推荐改造河谷 |
[05:04] | Oh, you mean Stepford for bougie mobsters? | 和假惺惺的中产流氓为邻吗 |
[05:06] | No, thanks. I’m good. | 还是算了 不用了 |
[05:13] | So you want me to give you a job? | 你想让我给你一份工作 |
[05:15] | I just need some quick cash. | 我就是需要来点快钱 |
[05:17] | Kinda hoping you could hook me up with something short-term. | 想让你帮我找点短期工之类的 |
[05:20] | You’re lucky I’m even willing to serve you, Jones. | 我愿意给你倒酒你就偷着乐吧 琼斯 |
[05:23] | – What? Why? – What the hell is he doing here? | -怎么了 -他来这干什么 |
[05:25] | No way, Toni. No way. | 不行 托妮 绝不可以 |
[05:27] | Gathering some research for your next book there, Jones? | 在为下一本书收集素材吗 琼斯 |
[05:33] | Hang on. Are you guys actually upset about my novel? | 等等 你们真因为我的小说生气吗 |
[05:36] | You made the Serpents look like fools in it. | 你在书里把毒蛇帮写得跟傻子一样 |
[05:38] | You mean the Vipers? The Vipers were the good guys. | 你是指蝰蛇帮吗 蝰蛇帮是正派 |
[05:41] | I didn’t use your actual names. | 我没用你们的真名 |
[05:42] | You think people around here couldn’t figure out | 你以为附近的人们不知道 |
[05:45] | who, what was that one character’s name, “Toothy” was? | 那个角色叫什么来着 “牙牙”是谁吗 |
[05:48] | Yeah, or Pop Eye? | 对 还有”金鱼眼” |
[05:50] | You mocked our Serpent traditions and codes, | 你嘲笑了我们毒蛇帮的传统和法则 |
[05:52] | and now you’re asking for our help? | 现在还想让我们帮你 |
[05:55] | Toni, guys. | 托妮 伙计们 |
[05:58] | Okay, I’ll help. I’ll give you some advice. | 好 我会帮你的 我给你个建议 |
[06:01] | Watch your back, Jones. | 当心 琼斯 |
[06:03] | You’ve made a lot of enemies in this town. | 你在这个镇上树敌太多 |
[06:12] | Principal Weatherbee, | 韦瑟比校长 |
[06:12] | as I wrote in my email, | 正如我在电子邮件里所写 |
[06:14] | I’m here to relaunch Riverdale High’s RROTC program. | 我是来重启河谷镇高中预备军官训练团项目的 |
[06:17] | Archie, I meant to reply, | 亚奇 我本打算回复的 |
[06:18] | but it’s been chaotic, to say the least. | 但最近形势相当混乱 |
[06:20] | What’s up? | 出什么事了 |
[06:22] | It’s looking like Riverdale High might not be | 看起来河谷镇高中 |
[06:23] | opening up its doors next Monday. | 下周一可能不会开门了 |
[06:25] | Like everything else in this town, | 和镇上其他地方一样 |
[06:27] | our budget’s been cut almost to nothing. | 我们的预算被砍得所剩无几 |
[06:29] | – Thanks to… – Hiram Lodge. | -这多亏了 -海勒姆·洛奇 |
[06:31] | Is there anything I can do, sir? | 有什么我可以做的吗 老师 |
[06:33] | Alice, you’re on the PTA. | 艾丽丝 你是家长教师协会的 |
[06:34] | Any word on which way the school board’s leaning? | 你了解学校董事会的意向吗 |
[06:36] | The board has some serious doubts. | 董事会持严重怀疑态度 |
[06:39] | I mean we’re a skeleton crew here. | 我们的教职工所剩无几了 |
[06:41] | Kevin, you’re teaching what, five classes? | 凯文 你现在教五门课吗 |
[06:44] | Drama, Debate, Biology, Gym and | 戏剧 辩论 生物 体育 还有 |
[06:49] | Sex Ed. | 青少年性教育 |
[06:50] | So are we dead in the water? | 所以我们没救了吗 |
[06:51] | Not yet. There are some members of the board | 还不是 董事会的部分成员 |
[06:54] | that would like to see the school stay open | 希望看到学校继续经营下去 |
[06:56] | if we can prove that we have the personnel and resources | 前提是证明我们有所需的人力和资源 |
[06:59] | that are required, which is questionable. | 而这点现在是个问题 |
[07:01] | Well, the board will hear arguments before the vote, right? | 董事会在投票前会听取辩论 对吗 |
[07:04] | So we should all be there. | 那我们都应该到场 |
[07:05] | I’ll speak, and in the meantime, let’s target the board members | 我来发言 目前我们先锁定那些 |
[07:09] | who are still waffling and work on them. | 依然犹豫不决的董事会成员 去做他们的工作 |
[07:11] | If we lose this vote, we lose this school. | 如果输掉这次投票 我们就输掉了学校 |
[07:14] | And that’s another nail in Riverdale’s coffin. | 这对河谷镇来说更是雪上加霜 |
[07:20] | 河谷镇 | |
[07:30] | 第一章 | |
[07:48] | It’s Tabitha, right? Tabitha Tate? | 你是泰贝莎吗 泰贝莎·泰特 |
[07:51] | It is. And you’re Jughead Jones. | 我是 你是猪头·琼斯吧 |
[07:55] | Yeah, I am. Hey, I noticed that you’re looking for a new waiter. | 对 我是 我注意到你在招新服务生 |
[07:58] | I’m definitely interested. | 我非常感兴趣 |
[08:00] | Thanks. But this definitely isn’t the right job for you. | 谢了 但这份工作绝对不适合你 |
[08:04] | You don’t even know me. | 你都不认识我 |
[08:05] | Also, you can’t just sit here all day using my internet. | 而且你不能整天坐在这里蹭我的网 |
[08:07] | You have to actually order food, not just coffee. | 你得点些吃的 而不是只点咖啡 |
[08:10] | And then you have to pay for said food. | 然后 你得为上述食物付钱 |
[08:13] | My grandfather did things his way, and I do them mine. | 我做生意和我祖父不同 |
[08:16] | And the first rule of my diner is no running tabs. | 在我的餐厅 首要规则就是概不赊账 |
[08:33] | Toni Topaz. | 托妮·托帕斯 |
[08:35] | You lost, old man? | 你迷路了吗 老家伙 |
[08:37] | It’s okay, guys. I got this. | 没事的 伙计们 我来搞定 |
[08:40] | Look, you can save your breath. If you’re here to bribe me | 听着 别白费口舌了 如果你是来贿赂我 |
[08:43] | or threaten me into giving up the fight to save Riverdale High… | 或威胁我 让我放弃挽救河谷镇高中 |
[08:48] | – How many students do you have? – A hundred or so. | -你们有多少学生 -一百多个 |
[08:51] | What if I offer them all a scholarship to Stonewall? | 如果我给所有人奖学金去上石墙预科学校呢 |
[08:54] | They’d be getting a world-class education at zero cost. | 他们可以一分不花 享受世界一流的教育 |
[08:57] | Except for the fact that you’re on the board at Stonewall Prep, | 但你是石墙预科学校董事会成员 |
[09:00] | which means on some level, the school must reflect your morals, | 这意味着该校在某种程度上反映了你的品行 |
[09:03] | which I’m not okay with. | 这点我不接受 |
[09:06] | What if I told you that there was an open counselor position | 如果我告诉你有一个辅导员的职位空缺 |
[09:09] | with a corner office | 配有高级办公室 |
[09:11] | and a big, fat paycheck? | 和极其丰厚的薪水呢 |
[09:13] | Thanks, but no thanks. | 谢谢 但不用了 |
[09:15] | So we’re playing hardball, huh? | 看来你要玩硬的 对吗 |
[09:17] | I guess so. | 我想是吧 |
[09:29] | You know, it used to be Kevin and I would sneak peeks | 知道吗 凯文和我过去常常 |
[09:31] | through that window, hoping you were shirtless. | 透过这扇窗偷看 希望你没穿上衣 |
[09:35] | – And now you’re spying on? – Ghoulies. | -现在你监视的是 -食尸鬼 |
[09:39] | They’ve turned the house into a drug den. | 他们把我家变成了毒窝 |
[09:41] | Well, that tracks with everything my mom says about this block. | 那完全符合我妈对这个街区的描述 |
[09:46] | I’m sorry, Arch. | 很遗憾 亚奇 |
[09:48] | It’s only temporary. | 这只是暂时的 |
[09:50] | Like Hiram Lodge trying to close down Riverdale High. | 既然海勒姆·洛奇企图关闭河谷镇高中 |
[09:52] | I’m taking this town back, Betty, | 那我就要夺回小镇 贝蒂 |
[09:55] | building by building, if I have to. | 就算再难也决不放弃 |
[09:57] | Well, I can help. | 我可以帮忙 |
[10:00] | I mean, I trained with the FBI. | 我可是在联调局训练过的 |
[10:03] | I may just take you up on that, | 到时可能会问问你的建议 |
[10:06] | but first, I need a little more information. | 但首先 我得搜集点情报 |
[10:10] | Where’s the rest of your team, Sheriff Keller? | 其他警员呢 凯勒警长 |
[10:12] | You’re looking at him. | 就我一个人了 |
[10:13] | Mayor Lodge cut my budget to the bone. | 洛奇镇长削减了警局预算 |
[10:15] | I got no support staff and no deputies. | 没有后勤人员也没有警察 |
[10:18] | And I’m covering the whole damn county by myself. | 全县都得靠我一人 |
[10:21] | Unless, of course, you count Hiram’s private security force. | 除非把海勒姆的私人安保部队算上 |
[10:25] | They’re connected to SoDale? | 他们和改造谷镇有关联吗 |
[10:26] | No, they work out of SoDale, but they’re corrupt as hell. | 不 他们在改造谷镇之外 但极其腐败 |
[10:29] | You should know who’s running the force. | 你得知道他们的操控者是谁 |
[10:31] | It’s Reggie Mantle. | 雷吉·曼特尔 |
[10:34] | Well, maybe Reggie can help me with my Ghoulie problem. | 看来雷吉能帮我解决食尸鬼的问题 |
[10:37] | You call him, he’ll tip ’em off. | 如果你打电话 他一定会通风报信 |
[10:39] | I mean, he’s probably getting some kind of a kickback from them. | 他可能在他们那儿拿了不少回扣 |
[10:41] | You’re not gonna get any help from Reggie. | 雷吉不会帮你的 |
[10:44] | Well, not knowingly, anyway. You may not have any deputies left, | 看来不能直接问他 虽然你现在没有手下了 |
[10:48] | but you still have their old gear, right? | 但他们的旧装备还在 对吗 |
[10:50] | Kevlar vests? Batons? Now you might want to dust them off, Tom. | 防弹背心 警棍之类的 是时候拿出来了汤姆 |
[10:54] | I’m gonna do some recon first, but after that, we’re going in. | 我先侦察一下 之后我们再潜入 |
[11:02] | I’ve been thinking a lot about your offer, Trudy. | 我一直在考虑你的邀请 特鲁迪 |
[11:05] | Is that job still on the table? | 现在还缺人吗 |
[11:06] | Hell yes, it is. The Morris William Agency | 当然 莫里斯·威廉经纪公司 |
[11:08] | would love to have you as a sports agent. | 非常欢迎你来做体育经纪人 |
[11:11] | But what about the whole LA of it all? | 但洛杉矶那边怎么办 |
[11:13] | Well, I’ve been wanting to give the West Coast a try for a while now. | 我一直想体验一下西海岸的生活 |
[11:16] | Let me make some arrangements and I’ll get back to you. | 等我安排一下再联系你 |
[11:19] | – Okay? – Okay. | -行吗 -好 |
[11:21] | First class, of course. | 头等舱 |
[11:22] | Yes, of course, Miss Lodge. | 好的 没问题 洛奇小姐 |
[11:25] | But I’m having a little trouble with the credit card on file. | 不过您登记的信用卡似乎出了点小问题 |
[11:30] | Really? | 是吗 |
[11:32] | That doesn’t make sense. Let me get back to you. | 不应该呀 那我稍后再联系你 |
[11:36] | It’s so weird, Chad. | 真奇怪 查德 |
[11:37] | I was doing some online shopping, | 我刚才正在网购 |
[11:39] | and our American Excess card was declined. | 结果发现我们的运通卡用不了 |
[11:43] | In fact, all of our credit cards were declined. | 实际上 所有的信用卡都用不了 |
[11:45] | Yeah, the same thing happened to me. | 这情况我也遇到了 |
[11:46] | But don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[11:47] | I’ll have it sorted by the time you get back to New York. | 我会在你回纽约前解决好的 |
[11:50] | Which is when, exactly? | 是什么时候来着 |
[11:52] | The retirement party’s in two days, | 两天后就是退休派对了 |
[11:55] | so probably the day after that. | 大概是大后天吧 |
[11:56] | Well, hurry. | 得抓紧了 |
[11:59] | – I miss you. – I will. I miss you too. | -我想你 -我会的 我也想你 |
[12:02] | Bye. | 再见 |
[12:05] | Miss Veronica. Excuse me for interrupting. | 维罗尼卡小姐 抱歉打扰你了 |
[12:07] | No problem, Smithers. What is it? | 没关系史密瑟斯 什么事 |
[12:09] | I’ve noticed the same car parked out front for two days now, | 我注意到有辆车在门口停了两天 |
[12:12] | a black sedan with tinted windows. | 是辆装有色玻璃的黑色轿车 |
[12:14] | I fear you’re being watched | 我担心你被监视了 |
[12:16] | followed. | 或者说被跟踪了 |
[12:17] | I wouldn’t be surprised. | 我可一点也不惊讶 |
[12:20] | But is it a “Welcome back to Riverdale” Gift from my father | 但这到底是我爸的欢迎礼物 |
[12:23] | or a not-so-subtle message from my overpossessive husband? | 还是我那个占有欲过度的老公的威胁呢 |
[12:27] | Either way, it’s time to get creative | 不管是哪个 该出点新招了 |
[12:30] | and bring an old friend out of mothballs. | 也是时候让老朋友重见天日了 |
[12:35] | How high are you willing to jump for these? | 你最高能出价多少 |
[12:38] | Let’s say twenty grand for both. | 两个加起来 两万美金吧 |
[12:41] | I’ll take thirty, but it has to be in cash. Like, right now. | 三万现金 可以的话现在就能出手 |
[12:50] | Also, you wouldn’t by chance, | 还有 有没有可能 |
[12:53] | happen to have any tasteful, discreet | 你这里正好藏有一把 |
[12:57] | ladylike revolvers tucked away somewhere, would you? | 有格调的女士左轮手枪 |
[13:01] | You know, this being Riverdale and all. | 你懂的 河谷镇嘛 |
[13:04] | I might have something. | 也许有和你意的 |
[13:54] | Oh, my god, Polly! | 天哪 波莉 |
[13:56] | You gave me a heart attack. | 你吓死我了 |
[13:57] | You’re the one pointing a gun at me. | 你才是那个拿枪对着我的人 |
[13:59] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:00] | Old habits. | 习惯了 |
[14:02] | It’s also 3:00 in the morning. | 还有 现在可是凌晨三点 |
[14:03] | Well, you can go back to bed, I’m not a burglar. | 你去睡吧 我可不是盗贼 |
[14:07] | Hey, can I… | 我能 |
[14:11] | make you a cup of tea, at least? | 至少帮你沏杯茶吗 |
[14:21] | Polly, I want to apologize to you. | 波莉 我想正式道声歉 |
[14:27] | I wasn’t there for you on the other side of the Farm | 在你最需要我的时候 我却没能 |
[14:30] | when you needed me most. | 赶到农场另一边去救你 |
[14:34] | Also for prank calling you that year on Halloween, | 还有那年万圣节上的恶作剧 |
[14:37] | I really didn’t mean what I said. | 我并非有意那样说的 |
[14:43] | Well, it’s a deep cut, Betty. | 真的很伤人 贝蒂 |
[14:45] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[14:48] | I haven’t forgotten. | 我也一直忘记不了 |
[14:53] | If it’s not too late, | 如果现在还不晚的话 |
[14:54] | I’d like for us to be real sisters to each other. | 我想和你做回最好的姐妹 |
[14:59] | How long you in town for? | 你这次在镇上要待多久 |
[15:01] | Just a couple days. | 就几天 |
[15:02] | But once I finish at the Academy, I’ll be home a lot more. | 但我毕业以后就能多回家看看了 |
[15:05] | I’m surprised you’re not already running the FBI. | 就算你现在当上联调局局长我也不意外 |
[15:09] | I don’t know about that. | 这我可说不好 |
[15:13] | I’ve missed you, Betty. | 我很想你 贝蒂 |
[15:16] | Mom, the twins… | 妈妈和双胞胎 |
[15:20] | we’ve all missed you. | 我们都很想你 |
[15:36] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[15:38] | Good morning, honey. How’d you sleep? | 早上好 亲爱的 睡得好吗 |
[15:40] | Well, I woke up when Polly got home. | 波莉回来时我就醒了 |
[15:43] | Does she usually stay out that late? | 她平常都这么晚回来吗 |
[15:45] | She’s working at that nightclub, | 她在夜店工作 |
[15:47] | The Roving Eye. | 叫流盼之眼 |
[15:48] | She waitresses a few nights a week. | 她每周都有几晚去当服务员 |
[15:53] | Is that a good thing? | 这样好吗 |
[15:54] | She helps with the mortgage, | 她帮忙还房贷 |
[15:56] | gets the twins everything they need. | 给双胞胎买东西 |
[15:58] | She’s doing her best. | 她在努力 |
[15:59] | – We all are. – Oh, I know. | -我们都是 -我知道 |
[16:01] | I just remember the Roving Eye can be | 只是我记得流盼之眼 |
[16:04] | – sketchy. – Okay, that’s not fair, Elizabeth. | -不太安全 -够了 这不公平 伊丽莎白 |
[16:07] | You don’t get to pop in, take a look around | 你不能偶尔回来看一眼 |
[16:08] | and judge your sister. Or me, for that matter. | 就随意评价你妹 或是我 |
[16:12] | Can you get that? It might be Toni. | 你能去开下吗 应该是托妮 |
[16:16] | Did you see the morning paper, Alice? | 你看早报了吗 艾丽丝 |
[16:17] | “Local school counselor runs seedy bar and snake dances.” | “本地校辅导员经营黑酒吧并组织蛇舞” |
[16:21] | It’s a hit piece. | 这新闻很火 |
[16:23] | Hiram Lodge is trying to ruin my credibility | 海勒姆·洛奇想让校董事会 |
[16:24] | in the eyes of the school board. | 认为我不可靠 |
[16:26] | Well, I’ll run damage control. | 我帮你止损 |
[16:27] | I’ll call each board member if I have to. | 必要的话我给每个董事会成员打电话 |
[16:29] | Good. In the meantime, | 好 这同时 |
[16:31] | if Hiram Lodge is trying | 如果海勒姆·洛奇 |
[16:32] | to drag the Serpent Queen down to his level, | 还想拉毒蛇帮王后下水 |
[16:34] | he’s gonna get himself bit. | 他就会被咬 |
[16:46] | – Archie, what’s up? – Jug. | -亚奇 怎么了 -猪头 |
[16:48] | How’s the Five Seasons? Room service every meal? | 五季酒店条件怎么样 每餐都有送吗 |
[16:52] | Morning, noon and night. | 早中晚都送 |
[16:53] | Look, I got an idea for Pop Tate’s retirement gift, | 听着 我想到送泰特老爹什么退休礼物了 |
[16:56] | but I was wondering if maybe one of us should say something. | 我们还可以派个代表说点什么 |
[16:59] | You know, give a speech about Pop Tate. | 对泰特老爹讲一段祝词 |
[17:01] | And since you’re the world famous writer… | 既然你是举世闻名的作家 |
[17:03] | Yeah. | 好 |
[17:04] | Yeah, I’d love that. | 好 我可以 |
[17:05] | Okay, great. Thanks, Jug. | 很好 谢谢 猪头 |
[17:17] | Reggie, it’s good to see you, bro. | 雷吉 见到你真好 老兄 |
[17:19] | I appreciate you coming out. | 谢谢你来这 |
[17:21] | Duty calls, Mantle answers. | 任务需要 曼特尔到 |
[17:23] | You having trouble with your tenants, you said? | 你说你家的租客有问题吗 |
[17:25] | No, I’m having trouble with the gang bangers | 不是 我是说有黑帮 |
[17:27] | who are using my house as a drug den, I said. | 把我家变成了毒窝 |
[17:30] | Well, let’s see if there’s any merit to your claims. | 好 我们看看是不是如你所说 |
[17:38] | It’s messy, but I’m not seeing any evidence | 是很脏乱 但没有看到 |
[17:41] | of drug paraphernalia. | 什么制毒设备 |
[17:43] | Okay if we keep looking? | 我们能再检查看看吗 |
[17:48] | Nothing in here, but stale cereal. | 除了过期麦片 没什么了 |
[17:50] | All right, let’s check upstairs. | 那我们上楼看看 |
[17:56] | I’m sorry, Andrews. I didn’t see any contraband anywhere. | 抱歉 安德鲁斯 我没看到违禁品 |
[18:00] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[18:02] | You know, it’s almost like somebody tipped off the Ghoulies. | 似乎有人给这些食尸鬼泄露了风声 |
[18:09] | All right. Well, there’s nothing more for me to say or do. | 好了 我没什么好说的 也不用再查了 |
[18:13] | But thanks for your help, Reggie. | 感谢你的帮忙 雷吉 |
[18:15] | My pleasure, bro. | 我很乐意 老兄 |
[18:31] | Feels strange to think of not working at this place. | 不在这里工作的感觉挺怪的 |
[18:34] | Well, on the bright side, you won’t have to deal | 看开点 至少你不用再对付 |
[18:36] | with annoying customers like me anymore. | 像我这样难缠的客人了 |
[18:38] | Now you know I had a lot worse than you in here, Jughead. | 比你烂的客人多得是 猪头 |
[18:41] | And it all worked out, didn’t it? | 最后都没啥事 对吧 |
[18:43] | I lived to see my retirement. | 我活到退休了 |
[18:45] | And you, you’re a big-time writer now. | 你也成了大作家 |
[18:47] | – Always knew you’d make a good– – I’m sorry, Pop. | -我就知道你可以 -不好意思 老爹 |
[18:49] | Uh, those are debt collectors. | 他们是讨债的 |
[18:58] | Hi there, gentlemen. | 先生们好 |
[19:00] | Counter or booth? | 坐吧台还是卡座 |
[19:01] | We’re looking for someone. Been known to hang around here. | 我们在找人 据说他常来这 |
[19:03] | Jughead Jones. Seen him? | 猪头·琼斯 见过没 |
[19:11] | No, I think I’d remember a weird-ass name like that. | 没 如果见过这种傻名 我应该会记得 |
[19:16] | What do you want with him? | 你们找他干嘛 |
[19:19] | You just give us a call if he comes in, | 见到他来就打给我们 |
[19:20] | okay, sweetie? | 好吗 小甜心 |
[19:22] | Oh, I’ll be sure to do that, pumpkin. | 我一定会的 小可爱 |
[19:25] | Bye now. | 再见了 |
[19:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:36] | It’s not the greatest first impression. | 恐怕我没给你留下好的第一印象 |
[19:38] | How much you need, Jug? Maybe I can loan you some. | 你要多少 猪头 我可以借你点 |
[19:40] | I’ve been saving up– | 我有存款 |
[19:41] | I’m low, but I’m not low enough to take your retirement money. | 我混得不好 但不至于要你的养老钱 |
[19:45] | I’ll figure something out, I always do. | 我会想办法 我可以的 |
[19:46] | Thanks for the interview. See you tomorrow. | 感谢受访 明天见 |
[19:49] | Hey, Jones. | 你好 琼斯 |
[19:51] | If you still want it, the waiter job’s available. | 如果你还愿意 服务员的工作还在 |
[19:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:57] | In a couple days, could you just call them | 再过几天 你能打电话给他们 |
[20:00] | and vouch for me and say I have a job? | 为我担保说我有工作吗 |
[20:01] | I’ll send them half my weekly salary so they don’t break my legs. | 我每周用一半的薪水还债保平安 |
[20:07] | Yeah, I think I can do that. | 好 我会打电话的 |
[20:11] | Long time no see, Ronnie. | 好久不见 罗尼 |
[20:13] | Reginald, I know you’ve been working for my father, | 雷吉纳德 我知道你一直为我爸办事 |
[20:16] | – so let’s skip the pleasantries. – Fair enough. | -我们就别客气了 -有道理 |
[20:18] | I need to buy a car. | 我要买辆车 |
[20:20] | Nothing flashy, just in good shape | 不要太奢华的 车况良好就行 |
[20:21] | and with excellent gas mileage. | 并且油耗得小 |
[20:23] | I’m paying cash. | 我付现金 |
[20:24] | Who you runnin’ from? | 你在躲什么人 |
[20:26] | Your husband? | 你丈夫吗 |
[20:27] | Is that how you roll now? | 这就是你现在的状态吗 |
[20:28] | I’m not running from anyone, Reggie. | 我没有躲什么人 雷吉 |
[20:31] | I’m taking the path of least resistance, | 我是走阻力最小的路 |
[20:33] | and I’d rather not leave a paper trail. | 而且不想留下书面记录 |
[20:35] | Now, will you sell me a car or not? | 你到底卖不卖给我 |
[20:38] | If you’re in trouble, talk to your dad. | 如果你惹麻烦了 跟你爸爸谈谈 |
[20:40] | Like really, talk to him. | 真的 跟他谈谈 |
[20:42] | ‘Cause he’ll help you. Even now, still, | 因为他会帮你 即使是现在 |
[20:44] | with whatever you need. | 不管你要什么他都会帮你 |
[20:57] | You’re sure you saw Polly? | 你确定看到波莉了吗 |
[20:58] | No doubt about it. | 非常确定 |
[21:00] | So she’s hanging with the Ghoulies, probably using. | 她和食尸鬼混在一起 可能在吸毒 |
[21:02] | Seems like that’s a safe bet. | 很有可能 |
[21:05] | – I’m sorry, Betty. – I’m not sorry. | -很遗憾 贝蒂 -我一点也不遗憾 |
[21:08] | I’m pissed. | 我很生气 |
[21:10] | So my question is, when do we kick their asses? | 那我们什么时候搞他们 |
[21:14] | All right, thanks to Reggie Mantle, | 感谢雷吉·曼特尔提供的情报 |
[21:16] | I have enough intel to sweep and clear the site. | 我可以来清理现场了 |
[21:18] | How many Ghoulies are in your house? | 你家里有多少食尸鬼 |
[21:20] | I counted a dozen in these zones. | 我数了数 这些区域有十几个 |
[21:22] | We hit ’em hard. We hit ’em fast | 我们不留情面 速战速决 |
[21:25] | It’s been too long since the Serpents rumbled with the Ghoulies. | 毒蛇帮已经很久没和食尸鬼开火了 |
[21:27] | Calm down, Sweet Pea. | 冷静点 香豌豆 |
[21:28] | I don’t want anyone dying today, | 今天不能出人命 |
[21:30] | especially not my boyfriend. | 尤其是我的男友 |
[21:31] | Hopefully, they’ve dropped their guard | 希望他们放松警惕了 |
[21:32] | and we can find some narcotics in the house. | 最好能在房子里找到毒品 |
[21:34] | And like Kev said, no one gets killed. | 就像小凯说的 不要出人命 |
[21:37] | None of us and none of them. | 不管是我们还是他们 |
[21:38] | Wouldn’t mind breaking a few bones, though. | 不过我不介意打断他们几根骨头 |
[21:40] | Hell, yeah. | 当然 |
[21:46] | Okay. Three, two, one. Go. | 好 三二一 行动 |
[21:51] | What the hell? | 什么鬼 |
[21:52] | Get ’em. | 抓住他们 |
[22:18] | You good? | 你还好吧 |
[22:19] | – Yeah, you? – Yeah. | -我没事 你呢 -我也是 |
[22:28] | Jingle Jangle. | 叮当 |
[22:29] | Just like the old days. | 就像以前一样 |
[22:31] | They’ve got a lab set up in the bathroom. | 他们把浴室改造成制毒间 |
[22:33] | Will that be enough to put ’em behind bars, Agent Cooper? | 这些能把他们送进监狱吗 库珀探员 |
[22:36] | Yeah, Kev, that should do it. | 当然 小凯 应该够了 |
[22:43] | The Roving Eye. | 流盼之眼 |
[22:44] | Hi, this is Polly. | 你好 我是波莉 |
[22:46] | I’m just calling to get my schedule for the week. | 我想问一下这周的排班 |
[22:48] | Polly Cooper? | 波莉·库珀吗 |
[22:49] | You haven’t worked at the Roving Eye for over a year. | 你已经一年多没在流盼之眼工作了 |
[22:52] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[22:56] | Bad news. | 坏消息 |
[22:58] | Two more teachers have defected to Stonewall Prep, | 又有两个老师叛逃到了石墙预科 |
[23:00] | Ms. Crouton and Mr. Cedars. | 克劳顿老师和西德斯老师 |
[23:01] | Damn it, Ms. Crouton! | 可恶 克劳顿 |
[23:03] | – That backstabbing. – We’ve got a bigger problem. | -那个叛徒 -还有个更严重的问题 |
[23:06] | I had one of my girls break into my Hiram’s office | 我们有个女孩闯进了海勒姆的办公室 |
[23:08] | to see what dirt we could use against him, | 看看有什么黑料能用来对付他 |
[23:09] | and she found his secret agenda for the town hall meeting. | 发现了他为市民大会准备的秘密议程 |
[23:12] | I love that it feels like | 我喜欢这种感觉 |
[23:13] | we’re in an episode of Succession right now. | 就像《继承之战》的剧情一样 |
[23:14] | And besides deciding about Riverdale High, | 除了关于河谷镇高中的决策 |
[23:16] | Hiram is also putting forth a vote to unincorporate the town. | 海勒姆还打算发起投票 撤销河谷镇建制 |
[23:20] | Based on the receipts, | 根据收据来看 |
[23:21] | seems as though he has enough people bribed | 他贿赂恐吓了不少人 |
[23:22] | or terrorized into passing the motion. | 通过议案势在必得 |
[23:24] | Wait, unincorporate the town, what does that even mean? | 等等 撤销河谷镇建制 这什么意思 |
[23:26] | It means that all the money | 这意味着 |
[23:27] | that the town gets from the state for public services, | 河谷镇从州政府获得的所有公共服务资金 |
[23:30] | for maintenance, for education, it goes away. | 维护费用 教育费用 全都没了 |
[23:33] | It means that Riverdale as a town, ceases to exist. | 这意味着河谷镇将不复存在 |
[23:36] | So Hiram Lodge will finally get what he’s wanted for years… | 海勒姆·洛奇将实现多年以来的愿望 |
[23:39] | – The death of Riverdale. – So his precious SoDale can thrive. | -摧毁河谷镇 -让他的改造谷镇蓬勃发展 |
[23:41] | But if that happens, would we even be able | 如果他美梦成真 我们还能不能 |
[23:43] | to keep the school open with the board’s support? | 在董事会的支持下继续维持学校运转 |
[23:45] | Technically, yes. | 理论上来说可以 |
[23:46] | But it’s going to make it much, much harder. | 但难度会高得多 |
[23:48] | So we need to fight harder. | 所以我们要加倍努力 |
[23:49] | Alice, I’m going to need you to go on RIVW | 艾丽丝 你得上RIVW |
[23:52] | and blow the whistle on Hiram’s plan. | 揭发海勒姆的计划 |
[23:53] | He was trying to keep it secret | 他一直在隐瞒议案 |
[23:54] | so no one would show up and oppose him, | 避免有人到会上抗议 |
[23:56] | but we need the public there | 但我们需要公众在场 |
[23:58] | so they could vote against Hiram’s plan. | 投票反对海勒姆的计划 |
[23:59] | Okay, but what about our teacher problem? | 好 那老师的事怎么办 |
[24:01] | I think I can maybe help with that. | 我应该能帮上忙 |
[24:04] | Do you know any qualified teachers with degrees? | 你认识有学历有资质的老师吗 |
[24:07] | Because that’s what it takes to be a public school teacher. | 因为只有这样才能成为公立学校的老师 |
[24:09] | What if Riverdale went private? | 如果河谷镇高中私有化呢 |
[24:10] | That way we could choose who we wanted. | 这样我们就可以自主招聘了 |
[24:11] | Yes, but we’d lose all public funding. | 没错 但我们会损失所有公共资金 |
[24:13] | Well, if the town unincorporates, we lose funding anyways. | 反正行政建制撤销后我们也会损失资金 |
[24:15] | We need an investor. | 我们需要一位投资人 |
[24:18] | I think I might know someone. | 我可能有门路 |
[24:20] | Archie, if you have any favors to call in, now is the time. | 亚奇 如果你能搬来救兵 现在就去吧 |
[24:27] | Reggie suggested I come see you again. | 雷吉建议我再来找你一次 |
[24:29] | I’ve been running around town | 我在镇上东奔西跑 |
[24:31] | trying to vamp my way out of a problem, | 像缩头乌龟一样躲避问题 |
[24:32] | when really I should be facing it head-on. | 而我其实应该勇敢面对 |
[24:35] | With, maybe, your help. | 或许你可以帮我 |
[24:40] | Go on. | 接着说 |
[24:42] | Chad is threatened by my “alpha-ness.” | 查德被我的”强势”威胁到了 |
[24:47] | Because of that, he can be somewhat possessive and controlling. | 他因此产生了占有欲和控制欲 |
[24:51] | He was having me followed, | 他派人跟踪我 |
[24:53] | but I just shot out his goon’s tires. So… | 但我刚打爆了那人的轮胎 所以 |
[24:56] | Ah, young love. | 年轻人的爱情 |
[24:58] | I remember those days. | 我还记得我年轻的时候 |
[25:00] | I knew you’d relate. | 我就知道你会感同身受 |
[25:02] | Which is why I’d appreciate you having a little chat with him, | 所以我希望你能和他谈谈 |
[25:05] | as only you can, Daddykins. | 只有你能做到 爸爸 |
[25:08] | Nothing too draconian, | 不用太严厉 |
[25:09] | just tell him to stop trying to manage me | 告诉他别再管我 |
[25:12] | or track me when I leave town. | 也别在我出城时跟踪我就行了 |
[25:14] | Why don’t you tell him yourself? | 你为什么不自己告诉他 |
[25:16] | He’s not taking my hints. | 他不接受我的暗示 |
[25:17] | But I’m betting the Hiram Lodge | 但我敢说 大名鼎鼎的海勒姆·洛奇 |
[25:21] | could be a lot more persuasive. | 肯定更有说服力 |
[25:24] | And then you don’t get your | 这样一来 你就不必 |
[25:25] | little Barnard-educated hands dirty, is that right? | 脏了那双接受过高等教育的手了 对吗 |
[25:32] | So, | 那么 |
[25:33] | just to be clear, you’re officially asking me for my help? | 先说清楚 你是在正式向我求助吗 |
[25:38] | Sure. | 当然 |
[25:41] | Yes, I am. | 是的 没错 |
[25:43] | Well, in that case… | 这样的话 |
[25:46] | No. | 我拒绝 |
[25:49] | Come again? | 你说什么 |
[25:52] | Remember you called me a dog | 还记得你曾骂我是条狗吗 |
[25:54] | and you told me that I needed to be taught a lesson? | 你还说我需要教训 |
[25:56] | It’s about seven years ago. | 大概七年前 |
[25:57] | You were cruel, Veronica. | 你当时很残忍 维罗妮卡 |
[26:00] | Brutal, | 无情 |
[26:01] | when my body was just a mass of bruises. | 那时我遍体鳞伤 |
[26:03] | Well, now it’s my turn to teach you a lesson. | 现在轮到我教训你了 |
[26:06] | I warned you from the start | 我从一开始就警告过你 |
[26:08] | that no one outside of this family | 洛奇家的外人 |
[26:10] | would understand the Lodge ambition. | 不可能理解我们的雄心壮志 |
[26:14] | You made your bed. | 是你自作自受 |
[26:15] | You’re gonna have to deal with Chad yourself. | 你得自己对付查德 |
[26:17] | And if that means you have to to crawl into the mud to do it, | 如果这意味着你必须得淌进浑水里 |
[26:19] | then so be it. | 那就接受现实吧 |
[26:22] | You’re a Lodge, after all. | 毕竟你是洛奇家的人 |
[26:23] | You never had any intention of helping me, did you? | 你从没想过要帮我 对吧 |
[26:26] | You just wanted to hear me beg. | 你只是想听我求你 |
[26:29] | I assume you don’t need my help finding the exit? | 应该不用我告诉你怎么出去吧 |
[26:40] | But Polly, it’s not every day that Pop Tate retires. | 波莉 泰特老爹可不会每天都退休 |
[26:44] | – We can bring the twins. – I told you I have to work. | -我们可以带上双胞胎 -我说了我得工作 |
[26:46] | Can’t you take the night off? | 你今晚不能休息吗 |
[26:47] | Oh, my god. Mom, I said get off my back! | 天呐 妈妈 我说了别烦我 |
[26:49] | Polly, give Mom a break. | 波莉 别对妈妈那么凶 |
[26:51] | It’s fine. Polly has to work. | 算了 波莉有工作要做 |
[26:57] | Actually, I’m not so sure she does, Mom. | 我不确定她是不是真的要去工作 妈妈 |
[27:00] | I know you don’t waitress at the Roving Eye | 我知道你不在流盼之眼当服务员 |
[27:03] | and that you’ve been hanging out with the Ghoulies. | 我还知道你一直和食尸鬼混在一起 |
[27:05] | Elizabeth, stop it! | 伊丽莎白 住嘴 |
[27:06] | So how exactly are you making all of this money | 你到底是怎么赚这么多钱的 |
[27:08] | to help out with the mortgage and support the twins? | 又能帮忙还贷款 又养得起双胞胎 |
[27:11] | Are you dealing? Tricking? | 你在贩毒吗 还是诈骗 |
[27:13] | – Both? – It’s none of your business. | -两个都干吗 -不关你的事 |
[27:14] | – Actually, it is. Because I care about you– – You don’t live here. | -关我的事 因为我关心你 -你又不住在这 |
[27:19] | You deserted us, okay? | 你抛弃了我们 |
[27:20] | Being a real sister doesn’t mean coming in for one day | 真正的姐姐可不是你这样 回家住一天 |
[27:23] | and telling me how to live my life, | 就对我的生活指手画脚 |
[27:24] | especially when you don’t know anything about it. | 更何况你对我一无所知 |
[27:27] | Wait, Polly. | 等等 波莉 |
[27:47] | – Samm, how are ya? – At the end of my rope. | -萨姆 怎么了 -我要顶不住了 |
[27:49] | Scribners wants pages, or their money back. | 伯纳出版社要看到新作品 不然就要撤资 |
[27:52] | Yeah, I know, I know. | 我知道我知道 |
[27:53] | – I’m working on something else. – What? | -我正在写别的 -什么 |
[27:54] | 致敬泰特老爹 一个神话 一个传奇 | |
[27:55] | What have you been working on? | 你在写什么 |
[27:56] | Actually… | 事实上 |
[27:58] | Let me send it to you. Let me know what you think. | 我发给你 你看看怎么样 |
[28:00] | Might be enough to convince Scribners | 或许能让伯纳出版社相信 |
[28:01] | that I’m not a one hit wonder. | 我的才能不是昙花一现 |
[28:02] | – Okay. – I’m e-mailing you… | -好吧 -我现在就 |
[28:05] | …right now. | 发给你 |
[28:18] | I’m grateful for your help, Betty. | 谢谢你来帮忙 贝蒂 |
[28:21] | Believe me, I’d rather be dealing with this mess | 比起处理我在家惹的那些麻烦 |
[28:22] | than the one I made at my own house. | 我更乐意打扫这里 |
[28:25] | I’m sorry to hear about that. | 很遗憾听到这个消息 |
[28:49] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[28:50] | I’ll be okay, I hope. | 我也会没事的 但愿如此 |
[28:56] | Hey, after Pop’s party, I thought you and me, | 对了 老爹的派对结束以后 我和你 |
[28:58] | Jughead and Veronica could hang out, | 还有猪头和维罗尼卡一起去转转吧 |
[29:00] | just the four of us. | 就我们四个 |
[29:02] | We haven’t done that yet. | 我们还没单独聚过 |
[29:03] | No, yeah, that’s a nice idea. | 好主意 |
[29:05] | Let’s do that. | 就这么办吧 |
[29:09] | Cool. | 好 |
[29:15] | Hey, do you want some pizza? | 想吃点披萨吗 |
[29:17] | It’s the least I can do to thank you for everything. | 你来帮忙 我至少该请你吃点东西 |
[29:19] | Yeah. | 好 |
[29:20] | Pizza. Yeah, that sounds great. | 披萨 听起来很不错 |
[29:26] | I’m gonna take a shower first. | 我得先冲个澡 |
[29:27] | Oh, I sh… | 我 |
[29:29] | I… me too. | 我也是 |
[29:31] | – Do you wanna go first? – Should I go home first? | -你想先洗吗 -我要先回家吗 |
[30:14] | Betty, what just happened? | 贝蒂 刚才发生了什么 |
[30:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:19] | Something we’ve been wanting to do since high school, | 是从高中起我们就想做 |
[30:21] | but never got around to. | 但一直没空做的事 |
[30:23] | Yeah, sounds about right. | 好像是这样 |
[30:26] | – Just to be clear, we’re… – Friends. | -先说明一下 我们是 -朋友关系 |
[30:29] | Just good old friends. | 关系很好的老朋友 |
[30:31] | We’re both single adults. | 我们都是单身成年人 |
[30:32] | We’re allowed to have fun every now and then, right? | 可以偶尔找点乐子 对吧 |
[30:36] | Yeah. | 对 |
[30:38] | And it’s okay if we keep this to ourselves. | 如果我们不说出来也不会有什么 |
[30:41] | Yeah. Veronica’s a married woman, | 是的 维罗尼卡是有夫之妇了 |
[30:43] | and Jughead and I haven’t dated for seven years, so… | 我和猪头已经七年没有约会了 所以 |
[30:48] | I think it’s okay. | 我觉得没什么不妥的 |
[30:50] | Okay, good. | 好 那就好 |
[30:56] | What a gift! | 真是一件大礼 |
[30:58] | Thank you, Archie. | 谢谢你 亚奇 |
[30:59] | Oh, it’s from all of us, Pop. | 这是我们所有人一起送你的 老爹 |
[31:00] | It’s a small token to show how much you mean to us, | 这只是一份小礼物 象征着你对我们 |
[31:03] | to Riverdale High, to the whole town. | 对河谷镇高中 对整个镇子的重要性 |
[31:06] | Yeah! | 没错 |
[31:06] | You know, I had to drop out of school | 当年我父亲 也就是最初的老爹去世以后 |
[31:09] | to take over running this place after my Pop, | 我不得不退学 |
[31:12] | the original Pop, passed away. | 来接管这里 |
[31:16] | I never got to graduate. | 我从来没能毕业 |
[31:18] | This means the world to me. | 这对我来说意义重大 |
[31:23] | Jug’s gonna say a few words. | 猪头要讲几句 |
[31:31] | I think sometimes it can be hard to put our faith in this town. | 有时候我们很难对这个镇子抱有信心 |
[31:36] | But I think Pop created something really special here, | 但老爹创造了一个很特别的地方 |
[31:40] | created a place for the lost and wayward souls | 给河谷镇迷茫而任性的灵魂 |
[31:42] | of Riverdale to come to. | 提供了一个去处 |
[31:45] | And I think, that’s more than | 我认为这里不只有 |
[31:47] | jukebox or vinyl booths. | 点唱机和沙发卡座 |
[31:48] | It’s… like a lighthouse in the storm. | 这里就像暴风雨中的灯塔 |
[31:53] | And Pop himself, | 而老爹他本人 |
[31:55] | he’s many things. | 有很多身份 |
[31:58] | He’s a joker. | 他是一个爱开玩笑的人 |
[32:01] | He’s a soldier. | 他是战士 |
[32:03] | He’s a cook. | 他是厨师 |
[32:06] | He’s a really good listener. | 他是很好的倾听者 |
[32:09] | He’s also a father. | 他也是父亲 |
[32:11] | He’s a son, and a grandfather. | 他是儿子 也是祖父 |
[32:14] | And to many of us | 对我们很多人来说 |
[32:17] | and to me personally… | 以及对我个人来说 |
[32:23] | it’s about the only reason that I made it through. | 这里是支撑我熬过来的唯一原因 |
[32:27] | You gave us a home, Pop. | 你给了我们一个家 老爹 |
[32:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:35] | To Pop Tate | 敬泰特老爹 |
[32:37] | who never let the lights go dark. | 永远为我们点亮灯塔的人 |
[32:39] | Pop Tate! | 敬泰特老爹 |
[32:48] | Cheryl, I’m glad you came. | 谢丽尔 我很高兴你来了 |
[32:50] | I wasn’t sure you would, after I sent you my message. | 我给你发消息以后不确定你会不会来 |
[32:53] | It sounded rather dire, | 听起来很紧急 |
[32:55] | plus, Pop always added the drop of human kindness | 而且 不管我点了什么 |
[32:57] | to whatever my order was. | 总能尝到老爹注入的善意 |
[32:59] | Have you considered my ask | 我说想资助河谷镇高中 |
[33:01] | to fund Riverdale and the new teachers it needs? | 聘请新老师 你考虑了吗 |
[33:04] | It’s the only thing that might, | 这是唯一可能 |
[33:07] | might… save the school. | 可能挽救学校的办法 |
[33:09] | Look, I came here to celebrate Pop, | 我来这是为了祝贺老爹 |
[33:11] | not get caught up in small town politics, Antoinette. | 而不是沉迷于小镇政治 安托瓦妮特 |
[33:15] | And I can barely afford | 而且翻修瑰刺庄园 |
[33:16] | Thornhill’s renovations as it is. | 已经让我捉襟见肘了 |
[33:18] | Cheryl, I know you think you’re cursed, | 谢丽尔 我知道你觉得自己背负诅咒 |
[33:21] | and the sins of your family are so great, | 你家族的罪孽太深重 |
[33:22] | there’s nothing you can do to atone for them. | 你无法弥补 |
[33:25] | But you’re wrong. | 但你错了 |
[33:27] | There’s a war going on in Riverdale for Riverdale. | 小镇居民正在为河谷镇而战 |
[33:30] | We need you. | 我们需要你 |
[33:33] | I’m sorry. I can’t. | 抱歉 我做不到 |
[33:35] | It will start as something good, | 即使我的出发点是好的 |
[33:36] | and end up corrupted, like everything I try to do. | 最后也会不得善终 从无例外 |
[33:42] | If you won’t do it for the town… | 就算不是为这个镇子 |
[33:45] | would you do it for me? | 你愿意为我考虑一下吗 |
[33:48] | Please? | 拜托 |
[33:50] | If our love ever meant anything to you, | 如果我们的爱在你心中有一席之地 |
[33:54] | help us. | 就请你帮帮我们 |
[34:00] | If I gave you the money, | 就算我给你钱 |
[34:01] | who would these new teachers even be? | 你能请谁来担任新老师 |
[34:07] | So you’re really gonna do this, huh? | 你真的要这么做吗 |
[34:11] | Run the RROTC out of your old high school? | 在高中母校外组建河谷镇预备军官训练团 |
[34:14] | If I get a chance to, yeah. | 如果我有机会的话 是的 |
[34:17] | It’s kinda why I wanted us to sneak in here, the four of us. | 所以我想和你们三个偷偷溜进来 |
[34:21] | Hiram’s trying to shut this place down. | 海勒姆想关掉这里 |
[34:24] | And he’s pushing to unincorporate the town, | 他想剥夺小镇的行政建制 |
[34:26] | which would wipe Riverdale off the map. | 让河谷镇从地图上消失 |
[34:27] | My father is nothing, if not consistent. | 我爸本性难移 |
[34:30] | Oh, I think we can stop him, | 我觉得我们能阻止他 |
[34:31] | – or at least slow him down. – How? | -至少拖慢他 -怎么做 |
[34:36] | We become teachers here. | 我们在这里当老师 |
[34:39] | I know it sounds crazy, | 我知道听起来很疯狂 |
[34:40] | but it’s also a way to keep the school going, | 但这也是维持学校运营的一种方式 |
[34:42] | which means if Hiram wins the vote, | 这样即使海勒姆赢得了投票 |
[34:45] | we still have a defendable position, this school. | 我们依然可以把学校当做防御阵地 |
[34:48] | And if we can save it, we can give people at least | 如果能挽救学校 我们至少能给人们 |
[34:51] | one more reason to stay in Riverdale. | 一个留在河谷镇的理由 |
[34:53] | And in time, | 假以时日 |
[34:55] | we can bring this town back to life. | 我们就有机会让小镇起死回生 |
[34:56] | Archie… | 亚奇 |
[34:58] | I’m married. | 我结婚了 |
[34:59] | I have a life back in New York. | 我在纽约有自己的生活 |
[35:00] | Yeah, and I have a novel to write. | 我也有小说要写 |
[35:03] | Veronica, plenty of people commute to the city. | 维罗尼卡 很多人都在城乡间通勤 |
[35:05] | And Jug, you always said, | 猪头 你总是说 |
[35:08] | you do your best writing in a booth at Pop’s. | 你在老爹快餐店的卡座里最有灵感 |
[35:12] | And it’s not gonna be long… | 不会太久的 |
[35:13] | a month or two, | 就一两个月 |
[35:15] | just to give Weatherbee enough time | 给韦瑟比足够的时间 |
[35:16] | to find permanent replacements. | 找到永久继任者 |
[35:18] | I’m in. | 我支持 |
[35:21] | Quantico can wait a couple months, | 匡蒂科可以再等几个月 |
[35:23] | and I need to be here right now for my mom and Polly. | 而且我现在需要陪我妈和波莉 |
[35:26] | Thanks, Betty. | 谢谢 贝蒂 |
[35:28] | Jug? | 猪头 |
[35:31] | I’d have to clear it with my new job. | 我得征求新老板的同意 |
[35:33] | But why not? | 但为什么不呢 |
[35:35] | I’d like to shape some impressionable young minds. | 我乐于塑造脆弱敏感的年轻人 |
[35:38] | I’m in, too. | 我也加入 |
[35:39] | I’ll make it work with Chad. | 我会和查德谈谈 |
[35:41] | And considering that what’s happening here | 考虑到现在的情况 |
[35:42] | is all my dad’s fault… | 都是我爸的错 |
[35:44] | I need to give back more than anyone. | 我比任何人都有责任弥补 |
[35:47] | And I didn’t really wanna be a sports agent anyway. | 反正我也不想当体育经纪人 |
[35:49] | That’s awesome, Veronica. | 太棒了 维罗尼卡 |
[35:51] | So… Bulldogs forever? | 所以 斗牛犬队万岁 |
[36:00] | Bulldogs forever! | 斗牛犬队万岁 |
[36:03] | Before the school board votes on the fate of Riverdale High, | 在校董事会投票决定河谷镇高中的命运前 |
[36:07] | Toni Topaz has asked to say a few words. | 托妮·托帕斯想说几句 |
[36:10] | Good afternoon! | 下午好 |
[36:11] | My name is Toni Topaz, | 我叫托妮·托帕斯 |
[36:13] | and I am a guidance counselor at Riverdale High. | 我是河谷镇高中的辅导员 |
[36:17] | The point of a school board is to make sure there’s equity, | 校董会的意义在于确保公平 |
[36:21] | that kids of all ages, from all different backgrounds | 保证不同年龄 不同背景的孩子 |
[36:25] | have equal access to education. | 有同等的受教育机会 |
[36:28] | Well, with the help of one very generous donor, | 在一位慷慨捐赠者的帮助下 |
[36:34] | I’m happy to announce that Riverdale High | 我很高兴地宣布河谷镇高中 |
[36:36] | will be able to do that as a private school. | 将作为私立学校履行教育使命 |
[36:41] | And unlike other private schools, | 与其他私立学校不同的是 |
[36:43] | Riverdale will be tuition-free. | 河谷镇将会免除学费 |
[36:46] | And we’re bolstering our teaching staff | 并且为加强师资力量 |
[36:48] | with notable alumnus like Sergeant Archie Andrews, | 我们引进了杰出校友 亚奇·安德鲁斯中士 |
[36:53] | FBI trainee and Yale graduate, Betty Cooper, | 联调局实习生及耶鲁大学毕业生贝蒂·库珀 |
[36:58] | businesswoman and Barnard grad, Veronica Gekko | 女企业家及巴纳德学院毕业生维罗尼卡·盖柯 |
[37:01] | and acclaimed author, Forsythe Jones III. | 还有知名作家福赛斯·琼斯三世 |
[37:06] | So spread the news far and wide, | 请大家散播这个好消息 |
[37:08] | that Riverdale and its children, | 河谷镇和镇上的孩子们 |
[37:10] | will not be at the mercy of Hiram Lodge’s destructive whims. | 不会受制于海勒姆·洛奇的毁灭性幻想 |
[37:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[37:18] | That’s very nice. | 非常好 |
[37:23] | That was better than Kendall Roy’s speech | |
[37:23] | 美剧《继承之战》中的角色 | |
[37:25] | – at the end of season two. – Thank you. | -要好太多了 -谢谢 |
[37:26] | And now, I’d like to introduce | 现在我想给大家介绍一下 |
[37:28] | what I hope will be my last motion as Mayor, | 我作为市长的最后一项动议 |
[37:31] | a proposition to unincorporate the town of Riverdale. | 撤销河谷镇建制 |
[37:37] | All those opposed? | 反对的请举手 |
[37:40] | All those in favor? | 同意的请举手 |
[37:45] | Majority wins. | 多数获胜 |
[37:46] | The township of Riverdale is hereby dissolved. | 河谷镇行政建制就此撤销 |
[37:57] | 自制馅饼 热汤 | |
[37:57] | What had taken decades to build | 几十年建筑的心血 |
[37:59] | was toppled in the blink of an eye. | 转瞬崩塌 |
[38:02] | With the rap of a gavel, Riverdale was no more. | 一锤定音 河谷镇不复存在 |
[38:05] | And yet, life continues. | 然而 生活还在继续 |
[38:14] | Samm, I was gonna call you. | 萨姆 我正要打电话给你 |
[38:15] | Jones, Scribners loved your story about the old man. | 琼斯 伯纳出版社喜欢你那个老头的故事 |
[38:19] | – They what? – Yeah. | -他们什么 -没错 |
[38:20] | They think it’s your next book and a slam dunk. | 他们说这就是你的下一本畅销书 |
[38:22] | Apparently, there’s, there’s a huge market right now | 现在美式悲剧 |
[38:24] | for tragic Americana, | 市场巨大 |
[38:25] | dying community, | 描写垂死社区 |
[38:27] | all of the miserable people who live there, | 和生活在那里的悲惨居民 |
[38:29] | you know, we’ll call it Elegy for a Small Town. | 咱们的书名就叫《小镇悲歌》 |
[38:31] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[38:35] | No, I don’t wanna write about that. | 不 我不想写这些 |
[38:37] | You don’t have a choice, Jones. This is your ticket | 你没得选 琼斯 你得靠这个 |
[38:39] | outta the literary grave you dug for yourself. | 离开你给自己挖掘的文学坟墓 |
[38:41] | Now you need to deliver. Understood? | 必须给我争点气 明白吗 |
[38:44] | – Yeah, understood. – Thank you. | -明白 -谢谢 |
[39:02] | Hey, Mom. I checked upstairs. | 老妈 我去楼上看过了 |
[39:04] | The twins are playing, but Polly’s still not home. | 双胞胎在玩 但是波莉还没回来 |
[39:07] | I’m worried. | 我很担心 |
[39:08] | You know your sister. She gets angry, storms off. | 你了解你妹妹的 她一生气就摔门离家 |
[39:10] | God knows when she’ll be back. | 天知道她什么时候会回来 |
[39:12] | This is what happens. | 常有的事 |
[39:14] | But this one’s on you, Elizabeth. | 但这次怪你 伊丽莎白 |
[39:19] | I’m not coming home just yet. | 我暂时还回不去 |
[39:21] | I’m gonna stay in Riverdale a little bit longer, Chad. | 我要在河谷镇多待一阵 查德 |
[39:25] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[39:26] | My alma mater, Riverdale High, has fallen on hard times | 我的母校河谷镇高中遭受重创 |
[39:30] | and needs my help. | 需要我的帮忙 |
[39:31] | So, I’ll be teaching there. | 所以我会在那里教书 |
[39:33] | That’s absurd. | 太荒唐了 |
[39:34] | No, no. What’s absurd is you freezing our credit cards, | 不不 你冻结我们的信用卡才叫荒唐 |
[39:38] | especially since I made most of the money | 关键是我们联合账户里的钱 |
[39:41] | that’s in our joint accounts. | 大部分都是我赚的 |
[39:43] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[39:44] | So, if they’re not unfrozen in the next, say, 30 minutes, | 如果三十分钟内你不取消冻结 |
[39:49] | I’ll consider it an act of aggression. | 我会考虑采取过激手段 |
[39:51] | You know, like you having me followed. | 像你找人跟踪我那种手段 |
[39:53] | And the next time you see me, | 还有 下次你见到我 |
[39:55] | it’ll be on Wall Street, on the floor, | 将是在华尔街的交易大厅 |
[39:57] | when the markets open Monday morning. | 周一早上股市开盘的时候 |
[39:59] | And this she wolf will tear out your throat | 而这只华尔街母狼会毫不犹豫地 |
[40:01] | in front of all the other alpha dogs, | 在所有领头犬面前 |
[40:03] | with zero hesitation. | 将你剥皮拆骨 |
[40:05] | Is that it, then? | 是吗 |
[40:07] | Are we done? | 说完了吗 |
[40:08] | You have 30 minutes to reactivate our cards. | 给你三十分钟的时间解冻账户 |
[40:20] | 贝蒂 谢谢你让我们重新团结在一起 意义重大 只有你们帮忙才能拯救小镇 很高兴你完全没变 | |
[40:24] | 有波莉的消息了吗 | |
[40:33] | 没 我要打给她 | |
[40:36] | 好 | |
[40:48] | Jug. | 猪头 |
[40:48] | Sorry, it’s late. | 抱歉 这么晚来 |
[40:51] | Wondering if you could… use a roomate, | 不知道你能不能加一个室友 |
[40:54] | now that you’re in this big, empty house all by yourself. | 毕竟你现在一个人住在这么大的房子里 |
[40:57] | Yeah, what happened to the Five Seasons? | 没问题 你怎么不住五季酒店了 |
[40:59] | It’s a little rich for my blood. | 对我来说有点吃不消 |
[41:02] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[41:13] | Hey, it’s Polly. Leave a message. | 我是波莉 请留言 |
[41:15] | Polly, it’s me again. | 波莉 还是我 |
[41:18] | I wanted to say that I’m sorry about what I said before. | 我想为之前说的话向你道歉 |
[41:22] | I really had no right to judge you, | 我真的没资格批评你 |
[41:24] | especially after being gone for so long. | 尤其是离开了这么久之后 |
[41:26] | It wasn’t my place. | 我不应该说这些话 |
[41:27] | So, I wanna tell you that I love you, | 我想和你说我爱你 |
[41:31] | and that I’m here for you. | 我会在这里等你 |
[41:32] | So just call me. | 回个电话吧 |
[41:33] | And I’ll come find you, | 我去找你 |
[41:35] | wherever you are or I’ll see you when you get home. | 不管你在哪 或者在家里见 |
[41:38] | Just please, please, please, come home. | 求你一定要回家 |