时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Portrait of a town in flames, | 房子陷入火海 正如小镇水深火热 |
[00:03] | thanks to a fire extinguisher | 多亏安德鲁斯先生 |
[00:04] | Mr. Andrews kept stored in the hall closet, | 留在壁橱里 |
[00:07] | and another one under the kitchen sink. | 和厨房水池下的两瓶灭火器 |
[00:10] | What could have been a suburban inferno | 我们差一点葬身于郊区炼狱 |
[00:12] | was instead nearly the latest indication | 险些成为活生生的例子 |
[00:14] | of how far the now non-existent town of Riverdale had fallen. | 昭示着河古镇的没落 |
[00:19] | An arsonist on the loose | 纵火犯逍遥法外 |
[00:21] | and no firemen to battle the fires. | 消防员无迹可寻 |
[00:23] | Archie… | 亚奇 |
[00:27] | You see this guy in the front? | 看到前面这个人了吗 |
[00:29] | That is my Grandpa Ardy. | 那是我爷爷阿尔迪 |
[00:31] | He was a fireman back in the day. | 他当年是一名消防员 |
[00:32] | Oh, geez. I know where this is going. | 不是吧 我知道你想干什么 |
[00:34] | The best counterattack is not to fight fire with fire | 最好的反击不是用火来对抗火 |
[00:36] | but to fight fire with a fire department. | 而是用消防局来救火 |
[00:39] | What, no mano-a -mano with Hiram Lodge? | 怎么 不和海勒姆·洛奇直接交手了 |
[00:42] | I called Ronnie. She’s gonna talk to him. | 我给罗尼打了电话 她会找他谈 |
[00:43] | Oh, Ronnie is. That’s interesting. | 让她去 有意思 |
[00:46] | You see this rookie? | 看到这个菜鸟了吗 |
[00:47] | He ended up becoming Riverdale’s fire chief for 20 years. | 他后来在河谷镇做了二十年消防局长 |
[00:49] | He’s retired now but he still lives in Riverdale. | 他已经退休了 但还住在镇上 |
[00:52] | Well, go get ’em, soldier. | 加油 大兵 |
[00:55] | I’m hoping we already know the answer, Dr. Curdle Jr, | 希望我们没有猜错 小科德医生 |
[00:58] | but… | 可是 |
[01:01] | Is this my sister’s body? | 这是我妹妹的尸体吗 |
[01:03] | Your sister’s been missing for a week. | 你妹妹是一周前失踪的 |
[01:05] | These remains have been in Swedlow Swamp | 这具遗体已经在斯瓦德洛沼泽 |
[01:08] | for approximately three years. | 三年左右了 |
[01:10] | The bog preserved her. | 泥沼延缓了尸体分解 |
[01:13] | Well, do you have a cause of death yet? | 你查出死亡原因了吗 |
[01:15] | At first blush, | 很明显 |
[01:16] | blunt force trauma to the head. | 头部遭钝器击伤 |
[01:18] | What happens to the body now, to her? | 你会怎么处理尸体 处理她 |
[01:21] | Without identification, | 如果无法确认身份 |
[01:23] | she’ll be sent to the crematorium for disposal. | 只能把她送去火化 |
[01:26] | Dr. Curdle, will you just wait a beat | 科德医生 能不能先等等 |
[01:28] | while I do some digging for her identity? | 让我去查一查她的身份 |
[01:30] | – Of course. – Right. I’m going back to Swedlow Swamp. | -当然 -好 我要回斯瓦德洛沼泽 |
[01:32] | Polly, or at least her phone is still out there. | 波莉可能还在那里 至少能找到她的手机 |
[01:36] | Daddy, someone set fire to Archie’s house last night | 爸爸 昨晚有人放火烧了亚奇家 |
[01:39] | and this attack has your fingerprints all over it. | 这次袭击怎么看都像你的手笔 |
[01:42] | Now, why would I want to burn down the Andrews’ family home? | 我为什么要烧掉安德鲁家的房子 |
[01:45] | The rash of arson cases around town | 镇上接连不断的纵火案 |
[01:47] | is meant to drive any remaining long-term residents away, | 是为了赶走剩余的长期居民 |
[01:50] | so you’re precious SoDale becomes the only game in town. | 让你珍爱的改造谷镇占绝对优势 |
[01:53] | Am I getting warm, Daddy? | 我猜得对吗 爸爸 |
[01:55] | Riverdale can’t be saved. | 河谷镇没救了 |
[01:57] | Your high school is a joke. | 你们高中就是个笑话 |
[01:59] | Heck, you haven’t had garbage pickups in months. | 好几个月没人来收垃圾了 |
[02:01] | The place smells like a corpse. | 整个镇散发着死人味 |
[02:03] | It’s not coming back to life. | 它已经死透了 |
[02:05] | We’ll see about that, Daddy. | 等着瞧 爸爸 |
[02:07] | This just became personal. | 这次变成私人恩怨了 |
[02:15] | Was I ever that young? | 我还有过那么年轻的时候 |
[02:16] | Feels like a lifetime ago. | 已经好多年没干过这个了 |
[02:18] | It doesn’t have to be, Chief Russell. | 现在也可以 罗素局长 |
[02:20] | You could come out of retirement. | 你可以重操旧业了 |
[02:22] | This town needs a fire department. | 河谷镇需要消防局 |
[02:24] | Hiram Lodge didn’t just shut down the department. | 海勒姆·洛奇不仅关闭了消防局 |
[02:27] | He firebombed the fire house. | 还用燃烧弹把消防站毁了 |
[02:29] | Then we’ll operate out of my gym. | 那就把我的拳馆当做消防站 |
[02:30] | And I’ll be the first volunteer | 我来做第一个志愿者 |
[02:32] | following in my Grandpa Ardy’s footsteps. | 跟随我爷爷阿尔迪的脚步 |
[02:34] | It was an honor working with your Grandpa, Archie. | 能和你祖父一起工作是我的荣幸 亚奇 |
[02:37] | But this is a young man’s battle. | 但这是年轻人的战斗 |
[03:05] | Well, well, well, if it isn’t Miss. Winchester herself. | 这不是温彻斯特小姐本人吗 |
[03:09] | You come for another surprise visit, Cheryl? | 你又突然来访吗 谢丽尔 |
[03:11] | Thank you for taking care of the River Vixens | 感谢你在我孤立自己的时候 |
[03:13] | whilst I was self-isolating. | 照顾河谷雌狐队 |
[03:15] | But, as Elton John likes to say, | 不过 借用艾尔顿·约翰的名言 |
[03:17] | “The bitch is back in town” and the squad is my birthright. | “贱人回来了” 拉拉队天生属于我 |
[03:20] | Wrong. The Vixens are mine now, hon. | 错 雌狐队现在归我了 亲爱的 |
[03:23] | I restarted them, I’m financing them, | 队伍是我重建的 钱是我出的 |
[03:26] | and we’ve been doing all the work. | 我们一直都在训练 |
[03:28] | So what are you gonna do about that? | 你打算怎么做 |
[03:30] | What every Vixen throughout history has done to settle a dispute… | 按照雌狐队解决争端的传统做法 |
[03:33] | Challenge you to a dance off. | 向你提出斗舞挑战 |
[03:35] | – I’m pregnant. – Does that mean you forfeit? | -我怀孕了 -那你要认输吗 |
[03:37] | I’ll dance for Ms. Topaz | 我代替托帕斯老师 |
[03:39] | as her proxy. | 和你对决 |
[03:43] | You know, I usually have a rule | 我一般不会 |
[03:44] | about annihilating high school students | 不留情面地打败高中生 |
[03:46] | but you seem particularly insufferable. | 但你看起来非常令人厌恶 |
[04:54] | Now let’s decide this. | 下面开始投票 |
[04:55] | All those in favor of moi | 想让我担任教练的 |
[04:58] | as your HPIC. | 请鼓掌 |
[05:03] | And all those for me? | 有谁支持我 |
[05:09] | A tie. In that case, | 平局 这样的话 |
[05:12] | I’d be willing to share control of the Vixens, | 我愿意和你共同领导雌狐队 |
[05:14] | if your ego could handle that. | 如果你的自尊不会受伤的话 |
[05:16] | Agreed…for now. | 暂且同意 |
[05:21] | Why are you buffoons just standing there? Take it from the top. | 你们这些小丑怎么都站着 从头开始 |
[05:29] | Well, I spoke with my father and of course, | 我和我爸谈过了 当然 |
[05:32] | he denies having anything to do with | 他否认了自己和你家的火灾 |
[05:34] | – setting your porch on fire, Archie. – Figures. | -有任何关系 亚奇 -毫不意外 |
[05:37] | And I spoke to the old fire chief | 我和老局长谈过了 |
[05:40] | and he won’t help. | 他不愿意帮忙 |
[05:42] | So, now I have no fire engine, | 我现在没有消防车 |
[05:45] | no volunteers and no one to train them. | 没有志愿者 也没有教官 |
[05:49] | I could maybe help with that. | 我也许能帮上忙 |
[05:51] | My best friend Katy Keene’s roommate Jorge, | 我闺蜜凯蒂·基恩的室友豪尔赫 |
[05:54] | his ex-boyfriend is an actual New York firefighter. | 他前男友在纽约做职业消防员 |
[05:57] | Let me see if I can get him out here for a day or two. | 我看看能不能请他来待一两天 |
[05:59] | Ronnie, that would be amazing. Thank you. | 罗尼 那真是太好了 谢谢 |
[06:01] | In the meantime, after my tete-a-tete with dear old Daddy, | 在此之前 我和老爸亲切对话后 |
[06:04] | I came up with a crazy idea | 有了一个大胆的想法 |
[06:07] | to bolster Riverdale’s struggling economy. | 重振河谷镇低迷的经济形势 |
[06:09] | Listen up, guys. This week you’re going to learn | 听好了 本周你们会学习 |
[06:12] | how to revive a dying economy. | 如何挽救一个垂死的经济体 |
[06:14] | Namely, ours. | 也就是 我们小镇 |
[06:16] | Step one, create jobs. | 第一步 创造就业机会 |
[06:18] | Who wants to renovate a CD-video store | 谁想把一家音像店 |
[06:21] | and turn it into a jewelry shop | 翻修成珠宝店 |
[06:23] | and to be exempt from the mid-term exam? | 期中考试可以免考 |
[06:32] | Tabitha, check this out. | 泰贝莎 看看这个 |
[06:34] | I spent the afternoon at the library. | 我昨天在图书馆待了一下午 |
[06:36] | Found an article about Old Man Dreyfuss in the script. | 在这份报纸里找到了有关德雷弗斯老爹的报道 |
[06:38] | 河谷镇报社 自1942年起持续报道本地新闻 天蛾人的奥秘 | |
[06:39] | “Four of the five minors detailed an encounter | “五名未成年人中的四人详述了 |
[06:41] | with a frightening humanoid creature | 遭遇可怕类人生物的经历 |
[06:43] | they described as a Mothman.” | 他们称之为天蛾人” |
[06:45] | – Well, he wasn’t lying. – Or he was lying to you now | -他没撒谎 -或者他在撒谎 |
[06:48] | and they were lying back then. | 这几个未成年人也在撒谎 |
[06:49] | Except, I kept looking for more articles and I found that one | 但是 我一直在找其他报道 找到了 |
[06:52] | written two months after the Mothman one. | 两个月后的另一篇文章 |
[06:55] | “A group of residents in the town of Riverdale | “上月月底 一群河谷镇居民 |
[06:55] | 河谷镇报社 自1942年起持续报道本次新闻 明亮的光出现在沉睡的小镇上空 | |
[06:56] | were stunned late last month | 看到了一副神秘景象 |
[06:58] | as they watched a mysterious sight unfold.” | 令人印象深刻” |
[07:01] | “Unexplained lights materializing, hovering in the dark sky.” | “不明亮光突然出现 在夜空徘徊不散” |
[07:05] | Read the last paragraph. | 看看最后一段 |
[07:06] | Do you see who’s quoted as an eye witness? | 看到目击者的名字了吗 |
[07:12] | No way. | 不是吧 |
[07:15] | Think you can get me an interview? | 可以帮我约一次采访吗 |
[07:22] | Hey, Sarge, nice digs. | 你好 中士 房子不错 |
[07:25] | Jackson. | 杰克逊 |
[07:27] | When did you get released from the hospital? | 你什么时候出院的 |
[07:28] | A couple of days ago. | 几天前 |
[07:30] | I signed up for the program | 我报名参加了 |
[07:30] | the VA was offering, | 退役军人管理局提供的 |
[07:31] | the therapeutic housing. | 治疗性住房项目 |
[07:33] | Why? You don’t need that, do you? | 为什么 你不需要那个 对吗 |
[07:36] | Some of us need help transitioning to civilian life. | 我们有些人需要帮助 以适应平民生活 |
[07:38] | – Yes. – I’m sorry. No. I’m happy for you. | -我需要 -抱歉 我为你感到高兴 |
[07:41] | Figured I’d take you up on your invitation before I go. | 我想去之前可以接受你的邀请 |
[07:43] | Well, your timing’s perfect. | 你来得正好 |
[07:44] | I’m just about to go to the bar to meet some friends. | 我正要去酒吧见些朋友 |
[07:46] | Why don’t you come inside? Drop your stuff off and then we’ll go? | 进屋吧 把东西放下我们就走 |
[07:52] | So I went through all the archives | 我查过警长办公室里 |
[07:53] | in the Sheriff’s office, Dr. Curdle, | 所有案卷 科德医生 |
[07:55] | and there was only one missing person file in the last seven years. | 过去七年中 只有一起人员失踪案 |
[07:58] | Margaret Harper. | 玛格丽特·哈珀 |
[07:59] | I’m sorry, Ms. Cooper, but Margaret Harper isn’t a match, either. | 抱歉 库珀女士 但玛格丽特·哈珀也不符合 |
[08:03] | According to this police report, | 根据这份警方报告 |
[08:04] | Margaret had braces at the time of her disappearance. | 玛格丽特失踪时带着牙套 |
[08:07] | There’s no evidence of braces on our Jane Doe. | 没证据表明我们的无名女尸戴牙套 |
[08:12] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[08:13] | So she’s not Polly or Margaret. She’s a third missing girl. | 她不是波莉或玛格丽特 她是第三位失踪女孩 |
[08:19] | And three is a pattern. | 三个就不是巧合了 |
[08:24] | 河谷镇 | |
[08:30] | Guys, this is Eric Jackson. | 伙计们 这位是艾瑞克·杰克逊 |
[08:33] | We served together. I trust him with my life. | 我们一起当过兵 他是我过命的兄弟 |
[08:36] | – Eric, these are the guys. – Nice to meet you, fellas. | -艾瑞克 这是我的朋友们 -很高兴见到你们 |
[08:39] | Jackson, thank you for your service. | 杰克逊 感谢你为国效力 |
[08:41] | – My dad served as well. – No greater honor. | -我爸也当过兵 -无尚荣光 |
[08:44] | So, I’m looking for a few good men. | 我在找几个不错的人 |
[08:47] | Story of my life. | 那你可找对人了 |
[08:48] | I’m hoping to assemble a volunteer fire department | 我希望组建一群志愿者 |
[08:50] | to replace the one Hiram Lodge disbanded. | 来替代海勒姆·洛奇解散的消防局 |
[08:52] | Guys who aren’t afraid to run into a burning building | 一群不怕冲进燃烧的大楼 |
[08:54] | and save lives. | 挽救生命的人 |
[08:55] | So… | 所以 |
[08:57] | Figured I’d start with you guys. | 我想先问问你们 |
[08:58] | We don’t know the first thing about firefighting. | 我们对救火一窍不通 |
[09:00] | Except for what I learned watching Backdraft | 除了我在初中反复看《回火》时 |
[09:02] | over and over in junior high. | 所学到的东西 |
[09:05] | That is why Veronica is getting an expert from New York. | 所以维罗尼卡要从纽约请位专家来 |
[09:08] | It’s going to be fun. Trust me. So who’s with me? | 相信我 会很有趣的 谁愿意加入 |
[09:17] | Civilians. | 敬平民 |
[09:19] | Thank you for coming in, Ms. Harper. | 感谢你能来 哈珀女士 |
[09:22] | I don’t want to reopen old wounds | 我不想重新揭开旧伤疤 |
[09:24] | but I was working on another missing persons case | 但在调查另一桩人员失踪案时 |
[09:28] | when I came across your daughter’s file. | 我偶然看到了你女儿的案卷 |
[09:31] | Margaret was a bright girl. | 玛格丽特是个聪明的姑娘 |
[09:34] | But she fell in with the wrong crowd. | 但她交错了朋友 |
[09:37] | – Were you and Margaret close? – Not so much. | -你和玛格丽特很亲近吗 -不太亲近 |
[09:39] | I think she… | 我想她 |
[09:41] | felt like she couldn’t talk to me | 觉得无法和我说话 |
[09:43] | once she… | 在她 |
[09:46] | she started going with the truckers. | 开始和卡车司机谈恋爱后 |
[09:50] | Ms. Harper, what do you believe happened to your daughter? | 哈珀女士 你觉得你女儿出了什么事 |
[09:55] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[09:57] | Which in a way makes it so much worse. | 这让人感觉更难过 |
[10:00] | Yeah. I understand. | 是的 我懂 |
[10:02] | Sheriff Keller did what he could. | 凯勒警长那时已竭尽全力 |
[10:05] | But he was one man | 但他只有一个人 |
[10:07] | and the whole town was falling apart. | 而整个小镇当时正分崩离析 |
[10:12] | There was a social worker | 有位社会工作者 |
[10:14] | named Toni. | 名叫托妮 |
[10:16] | She was a godsend. | 她简直就是及时雨 |
[10:25] | Well, well, well, if it isn’t Cheryl Blossom. | 快看看 这不是谢丽尔·布鲁森嘛 |
[10:29] | I’d heard rumors that Queen Elsa | 我听闻冰雪女王 |
[10:30] | had come down from the mountain. | 居然出山了 |
[10:32] | It was a Vixens emergency. | 这是雌狐队的紧急事件 |
[10:33] | Well, how are your art skills these days? | 你如今的艺术技能怎么样 |
[10:36] | Flawless as ever. Why? | 一如既往地完美 为什么这么问 |
[10:39] | I want you to design something for me, | 我想请你替我设计个东西 |
[10:41] | something that would fit on this printing plate. | 一个适合这块印刷版的东西 |
[10:46] | I was a cavalry scout, | 我在被选进入 |
[10:48] | before being selected for sniper school. | 狙击手学校前 是个骑兵侦查兵 |
[10:51] | By the time I graduated, | 毕业时 |
[10:52] | I could bullseye a playing card at 500 meters. | 我能隔着五百米打中一张扑克牌 |
[10:56] | Right, guys. Last question for Corporal Jackson. | 同学们 杰克逊下士会回答最后一个问题 |
[10:58] | Ask him anything. | 问什么都行 |
[11:00] | What was the Commander like in the army? | 指挥官在军队里干得怎么样 |
[11:03] | I’ll show you. | 我展示给你们看 |
[11:11] | I got this nifty hunk of metal | 我在战场上因为一颗手榴弹 |
[11:13] | from a grenade on the battlefield. | 得到了这块漂亮的金属 |
[11:16] | But if it weren’t for your commander, | 但如果不是你们的指挥官 |
[11:18] | I’d have been sent home in a body bag. | 我就躺在尸袋里回家了 |
[11:21] | Sergeant Andrews | 安德鲁斯中士 |
[11:23] | is the kind of man that never stops giving back. | 是一个不停回馈社会的善良人 |
[11:26] | Hell, that’s why he’s trying to start | 所以他一直想 |
[11:28] | a volunteer fire department on his own. | 自己成立一个志愿消防局 |
[11:31] | Wait. Can we help with that? | 等等 我们可以帮忙吗 |
[11:32] | What, with the fire department? | 什么 帮忙成立消防局吗 |
[11:35] | No, you got school and football. | 不行 你们要上学 还要打球 |
[11:36] | With due respect, so do you, sir. | 恕我直言 你也是 先生 |
[11:38] | Damn. | 该死的 |
[11:40] | My own friends turned me down and you guys are in? | 我的朋友都拒绝我 你们却要参与吗 |
[11:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:46] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[11:48] | But you have to be 16 to sign up | 但你们必须要满16岁才能参加 |
[11:49] | and you need your parent’s permission. | 而且需要你们父母的许可 |
[11:53] | What’s this, Ms. Lodge? | 这是什么 洛奇小姐 |
[11:56] | Prototypes. | 样板 |
[11:57] | The real money will be printed, not photocopied. | 真钞是印刷出来的 不是复印的 |
[12:01] | So, | 所以 |
[12:03] | there was a town in Oregon on the verge of economic collapse, | 俄勒冈州有个小镇正处在经济崩溃边缘 |
[12:07] | much like our beloved Riverdale. | 和我们心爱的河谷镇很相似 |
[12:09] | Until they started printing their own money. | 直到他们开始自己印钞 |
[12:13] | Money they could use as actual currency | 这种钞票可以作为货币流通 |
[12:15] | but only in their town, | 但只能在小镇范围内使用 |
[12:16] | so it keeps getting reinvested in the town. | 所以这些钱会继续用于城镇的再投资 |
[12:19] | – How does that work? – Simple. | -这要怎么运作呢 -简单 |
[12:21] | I pay you for remodeling my jewelry shop with River dollars | 我付你河谷币来重新装修我的珠宝店 |
[12:24] | which you then funnel back into Riverdale’s economy | 然后你去老爹快餐店或是比茹把钱花掉 |
[12:26] | by spending it at Pop’s or the Bijou. | 投入到河谷镇的经济中 |
[12:29] | – And they’ll accept it? – Yes. | -他们都会接受吗 -会 |
[12:31] | Which they can either redeem with me, | 他们可以从我这里兑现 |
[12:33] | or hopefully, use it to pay their own employees | 但最好是拿来支付员工工资 |
[12:36] | to keep the flow going. | 以保持流动性 |
[12:37] | I’ve already sold one of my Glamerge eggs for $50,000, | 我已经以五万块的价格卖掉了一颗装饰蛋 |
[12:41] | which will serve as collateral for the new currency. | 它可以作为新货币的抵押 |
[12:43] | It’s an investment I’m happy to make, | 我很乐意做这笔投资 |
[12:45] | especially if it gets people in the habit of spending more | 希望可以提高人们的消费水平 |
[12:48] | and supporting local businesses in Riverdale. | 鼓励大家支持河谷镇本地企业 |
[12:52] | – Any questions? – Yeah. | -有疑问吗 -有 |
[12:54] | When do we get paid? | 我们什么能拿到钱 |
[13:05] | Mom? | 妈 |
[13:08] | I found Polly’s phone. | 我找到波莉的手机了 |
[13:09] | No sign of her, | 虽然没找到她人 |
[13:10] | but I found this in the swamp. | 但我在沼泽里找到了手机 |
[13:13] | That means Swedlow Swamp is exactly where we should keep looking. | 那我们应该继续搜索斯瓦德洛沼泽 |
[13:17] | Betty Cooper. What can I get you? | 贝蒂·库珀 想喝点什么 |
[13:19] | Toni, does the name “Margaret Harper” mean anything to you? | 托妮 你对玛格丽特·哈珀有印象吗 |
[13:22] | Yeah. She went missing a few years ago. | 有 她几年前失踪了 |
[13:25] | Yeah. I’ve been looking for Polly, as you know, | 我在找波莉 你知道的 |
[13:27] | and I came across Margaret’s file. | 我无意中发现了玛格丽特的档案 |
[13:29] | And I talked to her mom who said that you really helped her. | 我见过她妈妈 她说你真的帮了她很多 |
[13:33] | I mean, I tried to. | 我尽力而为 |
[13:34] | The truth is, there’s a lot of Margarets in Riverdale. | 其实 河谷镇有很多和玛格丽特一样的人 |
[13:37] | She’s just one of the few that went missing and got reported. | 但大部分失踪案都没有上报 |
[13:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:41] | I try to set them up with jobs or a support group, | 我想帮她们介绍工作或是互助小组 |
[13:44] | – but it’s hard, you know. – Of course. | -但是很难 你知道的 -当然 |
[13:49] | Toni, | 托妮 |
[13:51] | I found a body in Swedlow Swamp. | 我在斯瓦德洛沼泽找到了一具尸体 |
[13:53] | – My God. – It wasn’t Polly. | -天呐 -不是波莉 |
[13:55] | It wasn’t Margaret, | 也不是玛格丽特 |
[13:57] | but my mom found Polly’s phone there. | 但我妈在那里找到了波莉的手机 |
[14:00] | Something really bad is happening in that swamp | 沼泽里发生了可怕的事 |
[14:04] | and we need your help searching it. | 我们需要你的帮忙搜找 |
[14:06] | All the Serpents are at your disposal, Betty. | 毒蛇帮任你差遣 贝蒂 |
[14:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:13] | Thanks for coming to meet with us, Pop. | 谢谢你来见我们 老爹 |
[14:15] | No problem. | 没事 |
[14:16] | Any excuse to visit the Chock’lit Shoppe now that I’m retired. | 正好有理由回快餐店看看 |
[14:20] | So about that article we called you for, | 我们打电话时提到了那篇文章 |
[14:24] | the one with the lights, | 关于天光的那篇 |
[14:25] | you were quoted on it | 里面提到了你 |
[14:25] | and I was wondering if you remember what happened. | 我想知道你记不记得发生了什么 |
[14:27] | Clear as day. | 记忆如新 |
[14:29] | It was one night about 50 years ago. | 大约五十年前的一个晚上 |
[14:32] | It was late. | 那天很晚了 |
[14:34] | There were probably five or six people in the diner. | 餐厅大概有五六个人 |
[14:38] | Here you go. And here you go. | 这是二位的餐 |
[14:41] | Two World Famous burger combos. Enjoy. | 两个世界著名汉堡套餐 慢用 |
[14:43] | Then all of a sudden, | 然后突然间 |
[14:44] | you could feel this… I don’t know, | 我感觉到 我不知道 |
[14:47] | electricity in the air. | 空气中的电流 |
[15:35] | We all walked out to the parking lot to take a look. | 我们都走到停车场去看 |
[15:39] | Then, a few minutes later, | 然后几分钟之后 |
[15:43] | lights were gone | 灯光没了 |
[15:45] | and it was just a beautiful autumn night. | 只能看到秋天美丽的星空 |
[15:50] | That’s incredible, Grandpa. | 听起来很美 爷爷 |
[15:52] | – What do you think it was? – We all had theories. | -你觉得那是什么 -我们都有自己的结论 |
[15:56] | Some said aliens. | 有人说是外星人 |
[15:59] | But the most credible explanation I heard | 但我听过最可靠的解释 |
[16:01] | was that it was military testing | 是河谷镇郊外的一个军事基地 |
[16:03] | from an army base outside Riverdale. | 在做军队实验 |
[16:05] | Did it ever happen again? | 后来有再发生过吗 |
[16:07] | – The lights? – No. | -灯光 -没有 |
[16:10] | But I’ll tell you, | 但说实话 |
[16:12] | a part of me wished | 我内心深处希望 |
[16:14] | the lights would come back. | 那些灯光会再回来 |
[16:18] | I just got goosebumps. | 我起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[16:21] | You know who else was here that night you should talk to? | 你们还可以问问另一个目击者 知道是谁吗 |
[16:23] | – Who? – Who? | -谁 -谁 |
[16:25] | Cheryl’s grandmother. | 谢丽尔的外婆 |
[16:29] | – Nana Blossom? – Yeah. | -布鲁森外婆吗 -是的 |
[16:36] | Welcome to day one of Riverdale’s volunteer fire academy. | 欢迎来到河谷镇志愿消防学院 |
[16:40] | Today’s your first day of training | 今天是大家第一天训练 |
[16:41] | with a real firefighter from New York City | 教练是来自纽约的职业消防员 |
[16:43] | who’s gonna help get us into shape. | 他会帮我们进行训练 |
[16:45] | Bernardo Brigsby from Engine 141, | 141消防队的伯纳多·布里斯比 |
[16:47] | the floor is yours. | 这里就交给你了 |
[16:48] | Thanks, Archie. | 谢谢你 亚奇 |
[16:50] | So show of hands, how many of you | 你们有多少人 |
[16:51] | have had prior experience fighting fires? | 有过灭火经验 请举手 |
[16:58] | That’s okay. We’re gonna start with the most important lesson. | 没事 我们先教首要的一课 |
[17:01] | You must work as a team. | 你们必须团队协作 |
[17:04] | No one goes into a burning building alone. | 不得独自进入起火建筑 |
[17:07] | A team is only as strong as its weakest link. | 团队的能力受限于短板 |
[17:10] | And in my crew, | 在我的团队里 |
[17:11] | there are no weak links. | 没有短板 |
[17:55] | Why is Veronica printing Monopoly money with her face on it? | 维罗尼卡干嘛把她的脸印在玩具钱上 |
[17:59] | Relax. You will still get your normal pay check. | 放心 你还是会照常拿工资 |
[18:02] | This is Mad Money to spend in Riverdale, | 这是在河谷镇使用的钱 |
[18:05] | like here or at the Bijou, or… | 可以用在这 或是比茹 或是 |
[18:11] | Whiskey. | 我要威士忌 |
[18:12] | You better make that a double. | 请给我加倍 |
[18:20] | I’ve seen a porcelain doll possessed by my deceased brother | 我已逝的哥哥有个瓷娃娃 |
[18:24] | move faster than you lot. | 跑得都比你们快 |
[18:25] | What the hell is this, Cheryl? | 这是什么鬼 谢丽尔 |
[18:29] | Vixen’s practice, obvi. | 雌狐队训练 没看到吗 |
[18:31] | We need to be doing two days | 如果你不想当众出糗 |
[18:32] | if you want to avoid public embarrassment. | 我们得训练两天 |
[18:33] | We’re supposed to be coaching together. | 我们应该一起训练她们的 |
[18:35] | But clearly, you went behind my back and scheduled a practice. | 但是显然你背着我安排了训练 |
[18:38] | Well, I knew you’d cause a scene like this, Toni. | 我就知道你会小题大做 托妮 |
[18:39] | Duh. | 我就说吧 |
[18:41] | Vixens, call Nurse Nightingale. | 队员们 快找南丁格尔护士 |
[18:43] | Cheryl, this ends now. | 谢丽尔 不要再这样了 |
[18:45] | Vixens, like Blossoms, | 雌狐队 就如同布鲁森家族 |
[18:47] | are forged in fire. | 浴火而生 |
[18:49] | Wow. That sounds like something your mother would say. | 这像你妈会说的话 |
[18:51] | Careful where thoust treads, Toni. | 当心脚下 托妮 |
[18:55] | You’re on thin ice. | 你已如履薄冰 |
[19:13] | That’s far enough. | 别往前走了 |
[19:15] | Every one of you is trespassing on private property. | 你们擅入私人领地 |
[19:18] | Retreat immediately or face the consequences. | 请后退 否则后果自负 |
[19:20] | Hiram, | 海勒姆 |
[19:22] | my daughter’s missing. | 我女儿不见了 |
[19:23] | She might be somewhere in your swamp. | 她可能在你这边的沼泽中 |
[19:25] | Alice, as a father, I feel your pain, | 艾丽丝 作为父亲 我能理解你的痛 |
[19:27] | but I can’t have people wandering through here. | 但我不能让别人在这瞎晃 |
[19:30] | All of this is going to be my new turnpike. | 我要在这里建收费公路 |
[19:32] | It’s also a crime scene. | 这也是命案现场 |
[19:34] | Well, if it is, it’s not your jurisdiction, Sheriff. | 就算是 也不属于你管辖 警长 |
[19:36] | Well, I’m with the FBI. | 我是联调局的 |
[19:39] | So the FBI is declaring this a crime scene. | 联调局现在宣布这是命案现场 |
[19:42] | Oh, I think you’re gonna need better than that badge | 光凭你手上那个玩具徽章 |
[19:44] | you got out of a Jacker Crack box, Betty. | 是没有用的 贝蒂 |
[19:46] | In the meantime, off my property. | 另外 请离开我的领地 |
[19:51] | Now. | 马上 |
[20:03] | Nana Rose, my grandfather claimed | 罗斯外婆 我祖父说 |
[20:05] | that you were at the Chock’lit Shoppe 50 years ago | 五十年前 你也在老爹快餐店 |
[20:08] | when a bright light appeared in the sky. | 看到了天空中有亮光 |
[20:11] | Oh, yes, I remember it well. | 是的 我记得很清楚 |
[20:14] | My suspicion is that the light came from the Mothman ship. | 我怀疑亮光是来自天蛾人飞船 |
[20:20] | The Mothman…again. | 又是天蛾人 |
[20:22] | A few weeks after the incident, | 这事发生几周之后 |
[20:24] | I found a hideously misshapen body | 我在枫叶林找到了一具 |
[20:28] | in the Maple Forest. | 极其怪异的尸体 |
[20:30] | A Mothman corpse? | 天蛾人的尸体吗 |
[20:35] | An autopsy was performed. | 当时做了尸检 |
[20:37] | An autopsy… Like an alien autopsy? | 尸检 解剖外星人吗 |
[20:41] | Nana Rose, why has no one heard about this before? | 罗斯外婆 之前怎么没人听说过 |
[20:43] | The Mothman didn’t want us talking about it. | 天蛾人不希望我们讨论这事 |
[20:47] | You spoke to them? | 你跟他们沟通过吗 |
[20:48] | Well, they came to Thornhill | 他们来过瑰刺庄园 |
[20:50] | looking for their missing friends. | 寻找失踪的同伴 |
[20:52] | They don’t like to be known. | 他们不想被人类知道 |
[20:56] | And they didn’t like me keeping their deceased either. | 他们也不愿让我留着死去的天蛾人 |
[21:00] | I told them it had been cremated. | 我跟他们说 我把他火化了 |
[21:02] | Had it been cremated? | 你火化了吗 |
[21:08] | No. I kept it. | 没 我留着了 |
[21:11] | Perfectly preserved in a barrel of maple syrup. | 完好保存在一桶枫糖浆里 |
[21:17] | I could try to find it for you, if you like. | 如果你要 我可以找出来 |
[21:25] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[21:27] | We’ve successfully introduced 50,000 River dollars | 我们成功让五万河谷币 |
[21:30] | into our town’s economy. | 流入了本镇经济 |
[21:35] | So what’s next? | 下一步呢 |
[21:36] | We pump more money in. | 要注入更多河谷币 |
[21:37] | Exactly. But how much more? | 没错 但是具体多少呢 |
[21:39] | Another thousand? Ten thousand? | 再来一千 还是一万 |
[21:41] | – Ten thousand. – Wrong. | -一万 -错了 |
[21:43] | If we flood the market with new bills, we risk inflation | 若我们注入太多新钱 可能会造成通货膨胀 |
[21:46] | or triggering a run on the bank, which is me. | 或是发生银行挤兑 就是我这边 |
[21:49] | And since I’m the one on the hook, | 所以为保全自身 |
[21:52] | I say we build our economy slow and steady. | 我建议缓慢稳健地发展经济 |
[21:55] | Very clever, mi hija. | 真聪明 乖女儿 |
[21:58] | Daddy. | 老爸 |
[21:59] | I’m in the middle of a class. | 我在上课 |
[22:02] | I’m sorry for interrupting, | 抱歉打断你了 |
[22:02] | but I had to congratulate you on your newest enterprise, | 但我要祝贺一下你的新伟业 |
[22:06] | plastering your face over currency. | 把你的脸贴在钱上 |
[22:10] | Even at my most audacious, that thought never occurred to me. | 我就算再大胆 也想不出这事 |
[22:13] | Well, it’s a good thing. I’ve never limited myself | 这挺好的 我从不因为你的否定 |
[22:15] | to what you thought possible. | 就局限我自己 |
[22:17] | – Now, if you’ll excuse me– – Oh, wait. | -不好意思了 -等等 |
[22:19] | You and Archie, printing money, | 你跟亚奇 又是印钱 |
[22:23] | starting a fire department. | 又是开消防局 |
[22:25] | Who does such things? | 谁会做这些呢 |
[22:26] | We believe in Riverdale, | 我们相信河谷镇 |
[22:28] | and we’re bringing it back. | 我们要拯救这个小镇 |
[22:30] | Now really, Daddy, take a hike. | 说真的 老爸 走吧 |
[22:37] | Where were we? | 讲到哪了 |
[22:40] | So then Sarge over here decides to try | 中士决定要试着去 |
[22:41] | and feed this stray dog outside the outpost. | 喂基地外的那只流浪狗 |
[22:44] | Now, this dog looked more like a wolf to me. | 我感觉那狗跟狼一样 |
[22:46] | Don’t believe him, it was a dog. | 别听他瞎说 就是只狗 |
[22:48] | How big are we talking? | 多大的狗 |
[22:49] | Well, timber wolf size. | 跟大灰狼一样 |
[22:50] | Anyways, so Sarge pours out this MRE | 然后中士倒出了军用罐头 |
[22:52] | out onto his hand, sticks it through the fence | 放在手上 伸过围栏 |
[22:55] | then the dog almost bites his arm off. | 狗差点把他手臂咬断 |
[22:58] | Show ’em your scars, Arch. | 给他们看看你的伤疤 亚奇 |
[23:02] | Afternoon, sir. | 下午好 先生 |
[23:05] | How can we help you? | 我们能帮你什么吗 |
[23:07] | I thought this place was shut down. | 我以为这里已经关闭了 |
[23:08] | It was. We reopened it. | 对 我们又开门了 |
[23:11] | Now it’s going to house a new volunteer fire department. | 现在这里是新的志愿消防局 |
[23:13] | Do you live on Sketch Alley? | 你住在可疑巷吗 |
[23:15] | I do. | 对 |
[23:16] | Name’s Earl. | 我叫厄尔 |
[23:17] | We haven’t had a fire department in a long time. | 我们已经很久没有消防局了 |
[23:20] | A lot of buildings burned down because of it. | 很多建筑因此都被烧没了 |
[23:22] | Well, things are changing. | 现在情况在慢慢改变 |
[23:24] | We’re going to make this town better for you, | 我们要让这座小镇变得更好 为了你 |
[23:26] | your friends, for everyone. | 你的朋友 和所有人 |
[23:28] | Heard that talk before. | 以前也听别人这么说过 |
[23:31] | Hope you can back it up. | 希望你能撑起来 |
[23:38] | Come on, Glen. There has to be someone you can send my way. | 拜托 格伦 肯定有人可以送过来 |
[23:41] | Betty, you have a Jane Doe | 贝蒂 你手上有一具无名女尸 |
[23:43] | and two missing girls with problematic histories. | 两名过去有问题的失踪女孩 |
[23:46] | You got to let the local police handle this. | 你得让当地警局来处理 |
[23:47] | It’s one Sheriff, Glen, | 只有一名警长 格伦 |
[23:49] | up against a rich psychopath who won’t let us search his land. | 对付一个有钱的疯子 他不让我们搜他的地 |
[23:53] | – So I’m begging you– – Betty. | -所以我恳求你 -贝蒂 |
[23:57] | He’s back. | 他回来了 |
[23:59] | The Trash Bag Killer. | 垃圾袋杀手 |
[24:01] | – What? – TBK has reemerged, in Tulsa, we think. | -什么 -垃圾袋杀手又现身了 应该在塔尔萨 |
[24:05] | How many… | 多少 |
[24:08] | Are there any victims? | 有受害者吗 |
[24:09] | Two, so far. | 两名 目前为止 |
[24:11] | Look, why don’t you send me what you’ve got | 要么你把你手上的信息给我 |
[24:14] | – and I’ll see what I can do. – No, Glen. | -我看看能做什么 -不了 格伦 |
[24:18] | You focus on TBK. | 你专心查垃圾袋杀手 |
[24:21] | Catch that bastard, okay? | 抓住那个混蛋 好吗 |
[24:22] | I’m going to handle everything here myself, | 这里我自己来处理 |
[24:25] | and I’ll check in with you. | 我会和你联系的 |
[24:53] | Damn it, Betty! We warned you. | 见鬼 贝蒂 我们警告过你 |
[24:54] | You’re trespassing on private property. | 你这是侵入私人领地 |
[24:56] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪都不去 |
[24:58] | My sister is missing, other girls too. My mom is suffering. | 我妹失踪了 还有其他女孩 我妈很痛苦 |
[25:03] | And it’s because of your boss | 都是因为你老板 |
[25:04] | that I’m the only person out here who can do anything about it. | 我是这里唯一能做点什么的人 |
[25:08] | So if you want to stop me, you’re gonna have to shoot me. | 如果你想阻止我 你得杀了我 |
[25:12] | Wait. | 等等 |
[25:16] | I found something while patrolling the swamp. | 我在巡逻沼泽地时发现了一些东西 |
[25:19] | But cone of silence, | 但是要保密 |
[25:21] | Hiram can never know I told you. | 不能让海勒姆知道是我告诉你的 |
[25:26] | Okay. You have my word. Cone of silence. | 好 我保证保密 |
[25:29] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[25:31] | Another body. | 另外一具尸体 |
[25:38] | Cadet Burns! When O2 rapidly enters | 学员伯恩斯 当氧气迅速进入 |
[25:42] | an oxygen-depleted environment causing explosion, | 缺氧环境引起爆炸 |
[25:46] | what is that phenomenon called? | 这种现象叫做什么 |
[25:47] | A backdraft, sir! | 回燃 长官 |
[25:48] | Correct! Your reward is 30 more pushups. | 正确 你的奖励是再加三十个俯卧撑 |
[25:51] | – Next question– – You guys the fire department? | -下一个问题 -你们是消防局的吗 |
[25:54] | Trying to be. | 尽量吧 |
[25:55] | The pool hall’s burning down. | 台球厅着火了 |
[25:56] | What, right here on the alley? | 什么 就在这条巷子 |
[25:58] | Let’s move! Grab the hose. Go, go! | 行动 拿上软水管 走 走 |
[26:05] | We got eyes on a connection, right there. | 看到一个接口 就在那里 |
[26:06] | Get the hose hooked up! Arch, you get everyone back. | 把软水管接上 亚奇 让大家回来 |
[26:08] | Earl’s in there. My friend Earl is still inside. | 厄尔在里面 我朋友厄尔还在里面 |
[26:11] | Arch, don’t even think about it. | 亚奇 想都别想 |
[26:14] | No, Arch. Archie, stop! | 不要 亚奇 亚奇 停 |
[26:36] | Mi hija, has the Treasury Department shown up to arrest you yet? | 我的女儿 财政部派人来抓你了吗 |
[26:39] | Daddy, that River dollar bill you had in your fist, | 爸爸 你手上的河谷货币 |
[26:43] | where did you get that? | 是从哪儿弄到的 |
[26:44] | You know, it’s amazing what you find in the trash | 你知道吗 没人来收垃圾时 |
[26:46] | when there’s no one around to collect it. | 里面能找到不少神奇的东西 |
[26:47] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[26:48] | So now you’re printing fake River dollars to sabotage me? | 你现在印假钞来妨碍我 |
[26:52] | Are you accusing me of counterfeiting your counterfeit money? | 你是在指责我伪造你的假钞吗 |
[26:54] | My numbers aren’t adding up, and my numbers always add up. | 我的账目对不上 这是不可能的事 |
[26:58] | Someone is flooding the economy with money I didn’t print. | 有人向市场注入了大量自己印的钱 |
[27:01] | Which, of course, devalues the money you did print. | 这样当然就让你印的钱贬值了 |
[27:03] | It’s funny how economics works, isn’t it? | 经济运作的方式真有意思 对吗 |
[27:06] | As Archie would say, Daddy, you suck. | 就像亚奇会说的那样 爸爸 你坏透了 |
[27:11] | Where did you find this body, Ms. Cooper? | 你在哪里发现的这具尸体 库珀小姐 |
[27:15] | I didn’t exactly. An associate did in the swamp. | 其实不是我 一个同事在沼泽里发现的 |
[27:20] | – And I know it’s not Polly, but is it– – Margaret Harper? | -我知道不是波莉 但是 -玛格丽特·哈珀 |
[27:24] | Yes. The telltale braces are present on her teeth. | 对 她牙齿上的牙套能表明身份 |
[27:28] | Likely cause of death, trauma. | 可能死于外伤 |
[27:30] | The left side of her body was pulverized. | 尸体左侧被粉碎了 |
[27:33] | As if with a wrecking ball. | 像是被破碎球砸了 |
[27:37] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[27:43] | Wherefore are my precious Vixens? | 我的宝贝雌狐队在哪儿 |
[27:46] | I cancelled practice. | 我取消练习了 |
[27:47] | We need to talk. | 我们要聊聊 |
[27:49] | For starters, they’re our Vixens, as we agreed. | 首先 我们说好的 是我们的雌狐队 |
[27:52] | Fine, fine, fine. | 好 好 好 |
[27:54] | They’re our Vixens. Happy now? | 我们的雌狐队 现在高兴了 |
[27:56] | No, I wasn’t gonna do this, Cheryl, | 没有 我不想这么做的 谢丽尔 |
[27:59] | but I’m officially calling you out. | 但我要正式和你摊牌 |
[28:01] | You’ve gotten away with murder in this town | 你在这个镇上杀人不犯法 |
[28:03] | because of your money and your privilege. | 因为你有权有势 |
[28:05] | And I know you’ve been through hell and back time and again. | 我知道你经历了很多痛苦 |
[28:09] | But that doesn’t give you a right to be a holy terror | 但这并不意味着你就可以无缘无故地 |
[28:11] | in this town for no reason. | 在镇上作恶 |
[28:12] | As if you have any idea what it’s been like for me, | 好像你知道我过去七年 |
[28:14] | holed up in Thornhill for the last seven years. | 躲在瑰刺庄园经历了什么似的 |
[28:17] | Oh, spare me. This isn’t Drag Me to Hell. | 省省吧 这不是惊悚电影《堕入地狱》 |
[28:19] | You cursed yourself. | 是你自己诅咒自己 |
[28:21] | And what you’re doing isn’t some grand sacrifice. | 而且你做的也不是什么巨大的牺牲 |
[28:23] | It’s selfish. | 是自私 |
[28:24] | Oh, so now funding the school is selfish? | 现在资助学校也是自私吗 |
[28:27] | Money alone isn’t going to solve the problems of this town. | 这个小镇的问题不是用钱就能解决的 |
[28:30] | There are people out here every single day putting in real work. | 这里每天都有人在实实在在地做事 |
[28:34] | And I’m not going to let you take over the Vixens | 我不会让你出于虚荣或者报复 |
[28:36] | for reasons of vanity or revenge. | 而接管雌狐队 |
[28:40] | Cheryl, I want you out here with us on the ground, | 谢丽尔 我希望你能跟我们站在一起 |
[28:44] | one of the good guys. | 做个好人 |
[28:46] | But you’re going to have to take a good hard look | 但首先你得好好 |
[28:48] | in the mirror and get it together first. | 照照镜子 振作起来 |
[28:52] | Your cruelty is beyond words. | 你真的很残忍 |
[29:06] | Nana Rose, I need your wisdom. | 罗斯外婆 我需要聪明的你 |
[29:08] | My heart has once again been shattered. | 来抚慰我受重创的心 |
[29:13] | Oh, Miss Marble. | 马尔布小姐 |
[29:15] | To what do we owe this pleasure? | 有何贵干 |
[29:17] | Ms. Blossom, I went to sell your brother’s portrait | 布鲁森女士 我在出售你哥哥画像时 |
[29:21] | and made the most disturbing yet fascinating discovery. | 有个令人既不安又着迷的发现 |
[29:26] | It was a forgery. | 这画是伪造的 |
[29:28] | A very skillful forgery. | 可以说是天衣无缝 |
[29:31] | And before I call the authorities, I thought we should chat. | 在打电话给有关部门之前 我们应该聊聊 |
[29:35] | Don’t you agree? | 你觉得呢 |
[29:39] | What did Bernardo say, Sarge? | 记得伯纳多怎么说的么 中士 |
[29:41] | Rule number one, don’t run into a burning building alone. | 规定一 禁止单独进入火场 |
[29:44] | You’re never going to let me live this down, are you? | 你不会轻易放过我的对吗 |
[29:46] | No, sir. | 没错 长官 |
[29:47] | Now, the good news is, you’re okay. | 好消息是你没事了 |
[29:49] | and you managed to save that man’s life. | 还救了别人 |
[29:51] | Do we know what started the fire yet? | 找到起火原因了吗 |
[29:53] | No. I mean, it’s an old building. | 没 老旧建筑 |
[29:55] | It wasn’t up to code. | 不符合规定标准 |
[29:56] | Still, it’s hard not to think it was | 不过 很难不去怀疑 |
[29:58] | Arson. Probably started by Hiram Lodge. | 这是故意纵火 也许是海勒姆·洛奇干的 |
[30:01] | Wait. Who’s Hiram Lodge? | 等等 海勒姆·洛奇是谁 |
[30:03] | He used to be mayor. | 曾经的镇长 |
[30:04] | Now he’s building a new town next to here | 不过现在他忙着在隔壁建立新镇 |
[30:07] | and doing everything he can | 想尽一切办法 |
[30:08] | to try and run the rest of us stragglers out of here. | 只为把我们这些落后的人赶出去 |
[30:12] | Another fat-cat lining his pockets by gaming the system. | 又一个钻空子中饱私囊的有钱人 |
[30:15] | Welcome to Riverdale. | 欢迎来到河谷镇 |
[30:17] | All right, I’ll see you fellas. | 小伙子们 回见 |
[30:18] | Bye, Sheriff. | 再见 警长 |
[30:23] | Man, screw that Hiram guy. | 去他的海勒姆 |
[30:25] | That’s okay, Eric. | 行了 艾瑞克 |
[30:28] | This is just how life is, for now. | 生活不易 至少暂时如此 |
[30:31] | No, it’s how life always is. | 不 生活从来都不易 |
[30:33] | Guys like us are just cannon fodder for scumbags like Hiram. | 你我这种人不过是海勒姆之流的炮灰 |
[30:37] | That guy you pulled out of the building, Earl, he’s one of us. | 你救出来的那个人 厄尔 是我们中的一员 |
[30:41] | A vet. Another grunt who got chewed up | 他是名兽医 又一个因企业的贪婪 |
[30:44] | and spit out by corporate greed. | 而受尽剥削的炮灰 |
[30:47] | Man, what the hell are we fighting for over there | 兄弟 如果从战场上回家只能面对这些 |
[30:51] | if this is what happens to us when we come home? | 那我们还在坚持些什么 |
[31:02] | A second body. They found a second body in the swamp. | 第二具尸体 他们在沼泽发现了第二具尸体 |
[31:06] | How do you think they did that, Reggie? | 你觉得他们怎么找到的 雷吉 |
[31:07] | I don’t know, boss. It’s a big swamp. | 老大 我真不知道 沼泽地很大 |
[31:09] | But this is not the hill to die on. | 但我们不必死守这里不放 |
[31:11] | No, no, no, the turnpike, | 不 不 那条收费公路 |
[31:13] | just like the rest of SoDale, is a necessary smokescreen. | 和改造河谷的其他计划一样 是必要的掩护 |
[31:16] | I know. | 我懂 |
[31:18] | But you could either be a villain | 你可以选择当个坏人 |
[31:21] | and pour concrete over the swamp | 用水泥填了那片沼泽 |
[31:23] | or you could be a hero and let them search it properly. | 或者当个英雄 让他们好好查一查 |
[31:26] | Sure, the turnpike gets delayed, but who cares? | 当然 收费公路建设推迟了 但谁在乎呢 |
[31:30] | We both know that’s not the real end game. | 你我都明白这不是真正的终局 |
[31:36] | You make a good point, Reggie. | 你说得对 雷吉 |
[31:38] | We’ll acquiesce to the Cooper ladies. | 默许库珀家的女人调查 |
[31:39] | Let them wade into the muck awhile. | 既然她们想趟这浑水那就趟吧 |
[31:42] | I’ll make the call. | 我去联系 |
[31:47] | We’re so, so sorry, Diana. | 我们深感抱歉 戴安娜 |
[31:50] | But you’re… | 你们 |
[31:53] | You’re sure it’s my Margaret? | 你们确定那是我的玛格丽特 |
[31:57] | Yeah, it’s her. | 是她 |
[32:00] | – No question. – All these years… | -确实是她 -这么多年 |
[32:06] | at least, at least now I know where she is. | 至少 至少我现在知道她在哪了 |
[32:10] | I can say goodbye. | 可以跟她道别 |
[32:15] | Who hurt her? | 是谁害了她 |
[32:17] | We don’t know yet, Miss Harper. | 现在还不知道 哈珀小姐 |
[32:21] | My sister’s also missing. | 我姐姐也失踪了 |
[32:24] | Other girls, too. | 还有别的女孩 |
[32:28] | And so I swear to you, | 我向你保证 |
[32:32] | we will find out who did this. | 我们一定会找出凶手 |
[32:45] | – Wait. That’s not – It is. | -等等 那不会是 -没错 |
[32:46] | Yeah. A special delivery courtesy of Nana Rose Blossom | 来自”阴阳魔界”的罗斯·布鲁森外婆的 |
[32:50] | straight from the Twilight Zone. | 特快专递 |
[32:55] | 布鲁森 枫糖浆 | |
[32:59] | Damn, the smell alone! | 绝了 这臭味 |
[33:02] | That’s maple syrup and decay. | 是枫糖浆和腐败物的味道 |
[33:04] | It’s like a rotting tooth. | 像是牙齿腐烂的味道 |
[33:05] | It could be anything, Jughead. It could be… | 猪头 这里面什么都可能有 |
[33:07] | It could be human bones mixed with fake synthetic bones or… | 可能有人骨混着人造假骨或者 |
[33:11] | Or it’s a Mothman. | 或者是天蛾人 |
[33:12] | – It’s… It’s – We’re not experts. | -那是 -我们可不是专家 |
[33:17] | – This person is, though. – Who? | -不过这个人是 -谁 |
[33:19] | This is Dr. Diana Whitley. | 黛安娜·惠特利博士 |
[33:21] | She’s an anthropology professor at Centerville U. | 森特维尔大学人类学教授 |
[33:23] | She specializes in ancient cultures and urban legends | 专注研究古文化 都市传说 |
[33:25] | and extraterrestrial phenomenon. | 以及地外现象 |
[33:27] | I say we call her and see if she’ll come here | 我们应该问问她能不能来这 |
[33:30] | and examine this and tell us what we’re dealing with. | 看看这到底是个什么东西 |
[33:32] | So what, in the meantime, it’s just business as usual, | 现在呢 我们要装作一切如常 |
[33:35] | while a xenomorph melts in my diner’s back room? | 放着一个异型在餐厅后厨融化吗 |
[33:38] | I’ll take the night shift. I’ll make sure that no one comes in, | 我来上夜班 我保证没人进来 |
[33:41] | and stumbles upon our little friend. | 撞见这小家伙 |
[33:44] | We have to get to the bottom of this. | 我们得查个水落石出 |
[33:46] | I suspect my father has flooded the market | 我怀疑是我爸让伪钞充斥了 |
[33:49] | with counterfeit bills, | 整个市场 |
[33:50] | so we’ll have to do an in-depth forensic accounting, | 所以我们得做一次深入的法务审计 |
[33:53] | recall all the River dollars in circulation | 召回所有现流通的河谷币 |
[33:55] | and determine how deep a hole we’re in. | 弄清我们的处境到底有多糟 |
[33:58] | But for now, sadly, we’ll have to shut down our operation. | 遗憾的是 我们不得不暂停运作了 |
[34:12] | Where did you get those ink stains on your paws? | 你手上的墨水迹哪儿来的 |
[34:15] | And don’t say art class. | 可别说是美术课上 |
[34:17] | I want the truth… now. | 我要知道真相 快说 |
[34:20] | We printed up ten grand instead of one. | 我们其实印了一万 不是一千 |
[34:27] | So it wasn’t my father who screwed me over. | 这么说坑我的不是我爸 |
[34:30] | It was you guys. | 是你们 |
[34:32] | You got greedy and triggered an economic collapse. | 你们的贪婪引起经济崩溃 |
[34:35] | Well done class. F’s for everyone. | 干得真不错 大家都是F |
[34:38] | We’re sorry. | 我们很抱歉 |
[34:40] | What can we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[34:42] | Well, you’re responsible for that money you printed. | 你们要为自己印的钱负责 |
[34:46] | Ten thousand dollars. | 一万美金 |
[34:48] | And unless you’ve got a secret stash of baby Glamerge eggs, | 除非你们还藏有装饰蛋 |
[34:52] | you’ll have to work it off | 否则你们得为河谷镇 |
[34:55] | by providing Riverdale a much-needed service. | 提供急需的服务来还清债务 |
[35:07] | – Jackson. – Earl didn’t make it. | -杰克逊 -厄尔没挺过来 |
[35:12] | No. | 不 |
[35:13] | Yeah, and I found out more about your pal Hiram Lodge. | 我还查到了你朋友海勒姆·洛奇的事 |
[35:16] | That bastard’s done plenty to deserve what’s coming to him. | 那混蛋做了那么多坏事 他活该 |
[35:19] | Jackson, you put that rifle down now. | 杰克逊 把枪放下 |
[35:24] | That’s an order! | 这是命令 |
[35:25] | Sorry, Sarge, but we’re not in the army anymore. | 抱歉 中士 但我们已经不在军队了 |
[35:27] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 我很抱歉 |
[35:29] | I won’t let you do this. | 我不会让你这么做的 |
[35:31] | I won’t let you ruin your life over Hiram Lodge. | 我不会让你为海勒姆·洛奇毁了自己 |
[35:34] | My life’s already ruined. | 我的人生已经毁了 |
[35:37] | I lost my leg fighting in a war that didn’t change a damn thing. | 我在一场毫无意义的战争中失去了一条腿 |
[35:41] | None of us mattered. | 我们根本不重要 |
[35:43] | Eric, I know this is dark now, | 艾瑞克 我知道现在很黑暗 |
[35:46] | but when you get into that VA home | 但你进了退役军人管理局后 |
[35:48] | they’ll help you see that things can get better. | 他们会帮助你发现一切都会好起来的 |
[35:51] | They canceled my slot. | 他们取消了我的位置 |
[35:53] | I found out this morning. I needed help. | 我今早才知道 我需要帮助 |
[35:57] | A lifeline. Man, I’m lost. | 我需要救命稻草 我迷茫了 |
[35:58] | Damnit, I’m lost, Eric. | 我才叫迷茫 艾瑞克 |
[36:02] | The only reason I’m fighting so hard to save this town is | 我这么努力拯救这个小镇 |
[36:05] | because it’s the only thing keeping me sane. | 因为这是唯一能让我保持理智的事情 |
[36:08] | I’m white knuckling it out here too. | 我也慌张害怕 |
[36:10] | I promise you. | 我向你保证 |
[36:13] | And my friends don’t know because they wouldn’t understand. | 我的朋友们不知道 因为他们不会理解 |
[36:21] | What are we gonna do, Sarge? | 我们该怎么办 中士 |
[36:24] | For a start… | 首先 |
[36:28] | I think you should stay in Riverdale. | 我觉得你应该留在河谷镇 |
[36:30] | The fire department needs a new commander, | 消防局需要新局长 |
[36:32] | and I can’t think of a better man for the job. | 我想不出更好的人选了 |
[36:35] | And maybe, maybe we can help each other stay sane. | 也许 也许我们能帮助彼此保持理智 |
[38:27] | It was exactly as Pops said. | 和老爹说的一模一样 |
[38:28] | Things started to shake. The jukebox turned on. | 地面开始晃 点唱机响了 |
[38:31] | It was 2:00 a.m. | 当时是凌晨两点 |
[38:32] | I went outside and there was this bright white light. | 我走到外面 看到一道耀眼的白光 |
[38:35] | And then I woke up in a booth and it was 6:00 a.m. | 然后我在一个卡座里醒来 就早上六点了 |
[38:39] | Hours had gone by. I lost time. | 过去了几个小时 我不清楚 |
[38:41] | It was a dream prompted by my grandpa’s story. | 那是你听我爷爷讲故事之后做的梦 |
[38:46] | Or is it possible that you were sleepwalking | 或者是你梦游了 |
[38:48] | or had you been drinking? | 还是你喝酒了 |
[38:51] | That’s besides the point. | 这不是重点 |
[38:53] | I haven’t even gotten to the craziest part yet. | 我还没说到最扯的呢 |
[38:55] | Will you follow me? Please. | 请跟我来 拜托 |
[39:03] | After I woke up, the first thing I did was come in here. | 我醒来后做的第一件事就是来这里 |
[39:06] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[39:09] | I don’t understand. | 什么情况 |
[39:11] | Me neither, but something very strange happened | 我也不知道 但昨晚河谷镇 |
[39:13] | in Riverdale last night. | 发生了很奇怪的事 |
[39:17] | Paying off your debt while cleaning up the town, | 清理小镇的同时还清债务 |
[39:20] | if there ever was a teachable moment. | 多好的受教机会 |
[39:23] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a delivery to make. | 失陪了 我要去送个快递 |
[39:29] | So what’s up, guys? | 怎么了 伙计们 |
[39:31] | Gossip around the teacher’s lounge | 教师休息室传出消息 |
[39:32] | is that Weatherbee nixed your RROTC cadets | 韦瑟比禁止你的河谷镇预备军官训练团学员 |
[39:36] | from being volunteer firefighters? | 做志愿消防员吗 |
[39:38] | Yeah, well, he was pretty pissed | 是 他很生气 |
[39:39] | I brought them to a burning building. | 我把他们带进了一栋着火的楼 |
[39:41] | Well, we want to sign up | 我们想报名参加 |
[39:43] | like we should have done in the first place. | 我们一开始就应该来的 |
[39:45] | I appreciate that, guys, but it’s too late. | 谢谢你们 但已经太晚了 |
[39:47] | Bernardo’s back in New York, there’s no one left to train us. | 伯纳多回纽约了 没人训练我们 |
[39:52] | Maybe I can help on that front. | 这个也许我能帮上忙 |
[39:54] | Chief Russell. | 罗素局长 |
[39:55] | Word got around about a crazy hero | 有传言说有个疯狂的英雄 |
[39:57] | running into a burning building alone. | 一个人冲进了着火的大楼 |
[40:01] | Got to say it inspired me. | 不得不说 我很敬佩 |
[40:03] | Okay, Chief, you’re the expert. | 局长 你是专家 |
[40:05] | What do we need first? | 我们首先需要什么 |
[40:06] | Well, a fire truck might be nice to have. | 消防车是个不错的选择 |
[40:15] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 开什么玩笑 |
[40:18] | Ronnie, what the hell! | 罗尼 搞什么 |
[40:20] | What? | 怎么了 |
[40:21] | I wanted to do my civic duty to help you and hurt my father. | 我想尽公民义务帮助你 顺便伤害我的父亲 |
[40:25] | How much do we owe you? | 我们欠你多少钱 |
[40:27] | Oh, don’t worry. We’ll be putting out | 别担心 我们会出售 |
[40:28] | a Firefighters of Riverdale calendar to defray the costs. | 河谷镇消防员日历 收回成本 |
[40:33] | But in the meantime, I just wanted to help. | 但与此同时 我只是想帮忙 |
[40:37] | Anything for you, Archie. | 为你做什么都行 亚奇 |
[40:43] | Two young women went missing on the Lonely Highway. | 两名年轻女子在寂寞公路失踪 |
[40:45] | Margaret Harper and Polly. | 玛格丽特·哈珀和波莉 |
[40:47] | We found Margaret’s remains in Swedlow Swamp, | 我们在斯瓦德洛沼泽发现了玛格丽特的遗骸 |
[40:50] | Where I found Polly’s phone. | 还找到了波莉的手机 |
[40:52] | And we also found another set of remains | 我们还在沼泽里发现了 |
[40:55] | in the swamp belonging to an unidentified young woman. | 另一具无名女子的尸体 |
[40:59] | And I reached out to sheriff’s offices | 我联系了寂寞公路 |
[41:01] | in the counties that touch along the Lonely Highway, | 沿途的县警局 |
[41:04] | asking about any unsolved missing person’s reports, | 询问未破案的失踪人口报告 |
[41:08] | specifically young women. | 尤其是年轻女性 |
[41:09] | They came back with 13 names. | 他们给了十三个名字 |
[41:11] | And I’ve been in touch with a network of social workers | 我联系了寂寞公路 |
[41:14] | in towns the Lonely Highway runs through, | 途径城镇的社工网络 |
[41:17] | and I got 11 names back, | 得到了十一个名字 |
[41:18] | five of which overlap with Tom’s list. | 其中五个和汤姆的名单重合 |
[41:21] | So, we’re talking about 21 missing girls. | 共有二十一个失踪女孩 |
[41:24] | How many of them are we going to find in Swedlow Swamp? | 在斯瓦德洛沼泽还能找到多少呢 |
[41:26] | Well, at least Hiram has agreed to let us search it now. | 至少海勒姆现在同意让我们搜查 |
[41:29] | Twenty-one girls, they can’t all be runaways. | 二十一个女孩 不可能都是离家出走的 |
[41:33] | Well, what do you think? | 你们怎么看 |
[41:35] | Human trafficking? | 贩卖人口吗 |
[41:38] | Or a serial killer. | 或是连环杀手 |