英文名称:Rogue Trader
年代:1999
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | …denied reports the British banking system is about to collapse. | 他向国会发言否认报导 英国银行体系将崩溃 |
[00:18] | According to him, Barings’ failure is a unique situation,… | 他说霸菱银行是个别例子 |
[00:22] | …which he blames on the actions of a rogue trader in Singapore. | 是由新加坡的一名股票经纪造成 |
[00:26] | Estimates of potential losses range from 800 million to over one billion pounds. | 估计今次损失达八亿至十亿英镑 |
[00:52] | Look at that! | 看看… |
[00:54] | Will you fuckin’ look at that! | 你看清楚 |
[00:57] | – What, with the black guy? – Yeah. | 是个黑人吗? |
[01:01] | It’s a shame. She looks well spoken for. | 真可惜,她看来不错 |
[01:04] | Never know your luck, though. Eh, mate? | 别笑人,小心倒霉 |
[01:10] | – No, you’re all right. – Don’t do that. Steve. Steve! | 你不会有事 史提,不要 |
[01:17] | Hello, love. I’ve got something to show ya. | 嗨,靓女,我有东西给你看 |
[01:23] | Are you out of your mind or what? You fuckin’ little prick! | 你疯了吗? |
[01:26] | And I mean little! | 别在众人面前出丑 |
[01:29] | Don’t judge a book by its cover, sweetheart. | 不要单看外表 |
[01:31] | – You’re out of your league, arsehole. – Calm down. | 你太幸运 什么?只是对女士说 |
[01:34] | Fuck off or you’re dead! | 滚开,你死定 |
[01:39] | He’s pissed. He meant no disrespect. That’s the last thing on anybody’s mind. | 他喝醉,不想惹事的 也不能责骂 |
[01:43] | Tell him if he doesn’t put that thing away,… | 叫他把那东西收起,否则 |
[01:45] | …I’ll rip it off and shove it down his fuckin’ throat! | 怎样? 我会扭着他脖子 |
[01:48] | Do your flies up, you fuckin’ animal. You almost gave me a heart attack. | 你这疯狂动物吓坏了我 |
[01:53] | Just leave it. It’s not worth it! | 别管他 他不值 |
[01:57] | He’s done it again. I had to pull him off! | 再来我便送他到监狱 |
[01:59] | Fuckin’ right laugh! | 我不怕的 尽管来 |
[02:10] | Nick! Nick! | 尼克 |
[02:12] | You all right? Nick! | 尼克,没事吧? |
[02:30] | It was thanks to Maggie Thatcher opening up the City of London… | 谢谢戴卓尔夫人开辟了伦敦市 |
[02:34] | …that yours truly from Watford came to be working for a posh outfit like Barings. | 让我们为霸菱工作 |
[02:41] | That was me lying on the floor, if you hadn’t guessed. Nick Leeson. | 这不是真心话 尼克利森, |
[02:45] | You’ve probably heard about me. | 应听闻我的名字 |
[02:51] | Barings was the oldest private bank in the world. | 霸菱是全球最悠久银行 |
[02:54] | They financed the Louisiana Purchase back in eighteen hundred and something. | 在1803年 支持美国购入路易斯安纳州 |
[02:59] | They even had the Queen as a customer! | 历史真长久 女皇都是顾客 |
[03:06] | I was just a humble clerk. | 我只是文员 |
[03:08] | But not for long, I hoped. | 希望快晋升 |
[03:11] | Car crash. | 汽车意外 |
[03:13] | I hit my head on the back of the seat and broke my nose. | 我撞到头部和鼻骨折了 |
[03:16] | Everybody else was all right cos they were wearing their, um… seat belts. | 其他人戴安全带,所以没事 |
[03:21] | Poor chap! | 真可怜 |
[03:23] | Nick, I know you’re keen to get out of the back office and onto the trading floor,… | 尼克 知道你希望在股市交易所工作 |
[03:29] | …but in the meantime something else has come up. | 但有事发生了 |
[03:32] | We’ve got problems in our Jakarta office. | 雅加达的公司出事 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1513个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:293个,六级词汇:150个,GRE词汇:145个,托福词汇:207个,考研词汇:315个,专四词汇:251个,专八词汇:39个, 所有生词标注共:529个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:34] | We need someone to go out there and sort things out. | 要派人去处理事务 |
[03:37] | I thought that someone might be… | 或许派尼克利森去? |
[03:39] | …Nick Leeson? | 或许派尼克利森去? |
[03:47] | Indonesia was one of the new “tiger economies”… | 印度尼西亚是远东区 |
[03:50] | …everyone was getting so excited about. | 新亚洲小虎经济国家 |
[03:52] | “Emerging markets” they were calling them,… | 人人都厚望霸菱对新市场 |
[03:55] | …and Barings was one of the first to see their potential. | 很有兴趣 |
[03:59] | The rewards were high. But so were the risks. | 到那里报酬很高 但风险大 |
[04:04] | One hundred million pounds… | 一亿英镑 |
[04:06] | …in bearer bonds. | 一亿英镑 |
[04:07] | As good as cash. | 现金 |
[04:09] | We could pick ’em up, walk out,… | 我们立刻起行 |
[04:11] | …come to some arrangement with laughing boy… | 无后顾之忧 |
[04:14] | Customers refuse to pay for them. | 顾客不愿付钱 |
[04:16] | They say what’s on them doesn’t match the original deal. | 说协议价钱 与原本有别 |
[04:19] | The real reason: the market goes down, they don’t want any more. | 原因是市场下跌 他们不想负责 |
[04:22] | It’s a mess. | 很难搞 |
[04:24] | You’re absolutely 100 per cent right, Susi. It’s one hell of a fuckin’ mess. | 苏慈,你说得对 真难搞 |
[04:36] | It was my job to sort out the certificates… | 我工作是整理证明文件 |
[04:38] | …so customers wouldn’t have any more excuses not to pay. | 顾客无可抵赖 |
[04:41] | Until then, Barings had this bloody great hole in their balance sheet. | 令霸菱免受损失 |
[04:45] | It was boring work, but I knew if I made a success of it… | 这工作很闷,但若成功… |
[04:49] | …then I could write my own ticket. | 便成真正经纪 |
[04:51] | All the certificates are in the right denomination. | 所有证明文件没有错 |
[04:54] | I’ve sorted out all the documentation. That’s all in order now, so… | 我把所有文件顺序好 |
[04:57] | …all I need from you… | 只需签发支票 |
[04:59] | …is a cheque! | 只需签发支票 |
[05:15] | Hello. I’m Lisa. | 我是丽莎 |
[05:22] | I’m, um… Nick Leeson. Can I help you? | 我是尼克利森 有何贵干 |
[05:24] | Barings sent me to help with the settlements. | 霸菱派来协助你 |
[05:26] | Didn’t they tell you? | 没告诉你? |
[05:28] | Oh, of course! I’ve been on at them for so long I never thought they’d get round to it. | 当然有 是很久的事,以为他们忘了 |
[05:33] | What do we do with that lot? Build a bonfire? | 那么干什么?开营火会? |
[05:42] | I’d never even heard of Barings before I started working for ’em. | 在霸菱工作前我没听过它的名 |
[05:45] | It’s not like there’s a Barings in Watford. | 和华福的霸菱不同 |
[05:48] | You’re a hero in London. They think the sun shines out of your arse. | 你在伦敦成为英雄 他们认为你干得很好 |
[05:51] | Really? I was beginning to feel like one of those Japanese soldiers. | 真的? 感到自己像日本武士 |
[05:56] | Still stuck out in the jungle 20 years after the war! | 二十年后从森林到现实 |
[05:59] | What’s it like here? They tell me it’s not safe at night. | 这里是怎样?晚间外出很危险 |
[06:02] | Bollocks. The locals are great. | 夸大,这城市很有活力 |
[06:04] | And it’s not full of pompous ex-colonials thinking they were born to rule the world. | 好处是不会有自大的英国人 以为这里由他们管治 |
[06:09] | That’s what I love about Asia. | 所以我爱亚洲 |
[06:12] | Anyone can make it. Doesn’t matter which school you went to. | 无论是否出自名校都有机会 |
[06:15] | When they told me I was going to Jakarta I had to look it up on the map. | 当派到雅加达时 我要在地图找它呢! |
[06:20] | As a matter of fact, so did I. | 我也是 |
[06:24] | I really want to be a trader. | 我想当股票经纪 |
[06:25] | If Barings don’t let me on the floor after this, I’m off. | 若霸菱不让我当经纪便离开 |
[06:32] | – Is that bad? – It’s great. | 不好吗? 真好 |
[06:34] | I just want to get on in life. | 我想干一番事业 |
[06:36] | I like to enjoy myself, don’t get me wrong. Work hard, play hard. | 我享受人生尽情工作和玩乐 |
[06:41] | Well, I think this is me. | 我的房间 |
[06:44] | Well, night, Nick. That was fun. | 尼克,晚安 很愉快 |
[06:48] | Yeah, it was, wasn’t it? | 对 |
[06:50] | – OK. Night-night! – See you tomorrow, then. | 好了,晚安 明天见 |
[06:55] | Lisa was a stunner all right. | 丽莎真美 |
[06:57] | Love at first sight. | 一见钟情 |
[06:59] | Together we made short work of the rest of those bonds. | 我们一起很有感觉 |
[07:02] | Soon we cleared up most of Barings’ losses and it was time to go home. | 我们做完霸菱的呆坏帐准备回家 |
[07:07] | See you later, Lisa. | 丽莎,再见 |
[07:09] | Bye. | 再见 |
[07:32] | I think you’ll agree that in Nick Lisa has met her prince. | 尼克是丽莎心目中的王子 |
[07:35] | Hear! Hear! | 注意了 |
[07:37] | Join me in wishing them well in their new life in Singapore,… | 恭祝他们在新加坡的新生活 |
[07:40] | …where Nick is to be general manager of the trading floor. Whatever that means. | 尼克会是股票交易部经理 |
[07:45] | It impressed the hell out of me, but… | 他表现很出色 |
[07:48] | And, um… | 尼克 |
[07:49] | To you, Nick, I’m entrusting the most precious of gifts. | 我们送你珍贵的礼物 |
[07:53] | I know you’re gonna look after her and cherish her… | 要好好待她爱护她 |
[07:55] | …and all those other things. And if you don’t,… | 比其他重要 否则 |
[08:00] | …I’ll break your bloody legs, all right? | 打断你双腿 |
[08:03] | He means it! | 他认真的 |
[08:05] | I love you so much, Lisa Leeson. | 丽莎利森,我爱你 |
[08:07] | I love you too, Nick. | 尼克,我也爱你 |
[08:16] | As a reward for Jakarta I’d been given the far more important market of Singapore,… | 由于在雅加达很成功 所以派我到新加坡 更重要市场 |
[08:21] | …with a brief to set up my own trading operation. | 在这设立运作架构 |
[08:25] | I was definitely on my way. | 要全力以赴 |
[08:36] | – And the kitchen… – This is your department, darling. | 厨房呢 这是新居 |
[08:39] | Since when? Cheeky! | 何时入住? |
[08:43] | And the bedroom… | 还有睡房 |
[08:44] | Yes | 对 |
[09:00] | – If you need anything, call me. – Right, thanks. | 若有需要,可找我 谢谢你 |
[09:03] | – Have a nice day. – Thanks. Bye. | 祝你愉快 谢谢,再见 |
[09:05] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[09:08] | Not bad for a chancer from Watford, eh? | 算不错吧 |
[09:11] | Well, um… I think we should test out that mattress, big boy. | 先试试睡床是否舒服 |
[09:14] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah! | 要吗? 要 |
[09:40] | I can’t see any problem in you handling both sides of the operation. | 目前你在处理业务上并无犯错 |
[09:44] | – At least until volumes increase. – Right. | 并数额大增 对 |
[09:47] | You shouldn’t need more than two on the trading floor. | 你不需超过两个助手 |
[09:50] | A couple more in the back office. | 而要多个文职处理转帐 |
[09:52] | No need to pay top dollar. | 无须高薪 |
[09:53] | Get them young, get them hungry and train them up. | 只要年轻肯学习 |
[10:01] | I took him at his word. My team were young, hungry… | 如他说,我的队员很年轻 |
[10:04] | …and they didn’t have a clue. | 他们好学,但对股市没经验 |
[10:06] | A futures contract allows you to buy or sell a specified amount of a commodity… | 期指合约是一份 买卖合约 |
[10:11] | …at a specified price at a future date. | 在指定日期的指定价格 |
[10:17] | Right. Um… | 对 |
[10:19] | It’s like, if I agree to sell you this cup of cappuccino, which I don’t yet own,… | 若我同意把咖啡卖给你 |
[10:24] | …at 45 cents a month from now… | 我在一个月后以四十五仙卖给你 |
[10:26] | If I can buy the cappuccino at, say, 43 cents, I make a profit. | 到时我花四十三仙买到,便赚钱 |
[10:30] | If the price goes the other way I have to pay more, and I lose. | 若价钱上升要多花钱,便是亏损 |
[10:33] | It’s timing – buying and selling at the right moment. | 关键就是买卖的时间 |
[10:36] | Sometimes espresso might be the best deal, or salt, or pepper. | 有时咖啡最赚钱是盐或胡椒 |
[10:40] | So, we’re running a supermarket? | 就像经营超级市场 |
[10:44] | We’re not buying and selling anything real. | 其实没有进行真正买卖 |
[10:46] | It’s just numbers – contracts based on the value of the Nikkei,… | 只是数字游戏 游戏是依照日经股票市场 |
[10:50] | …the Tokyo stock market. | 游戏是依照日经股票市场 |
[10:52] | – Er, we do this for the bank? – No, no, for the customers. | 这是为银行做? –不,是为顾客 |
[10:55] | We are not allowed to trade on behalf of the bank. | 我们不准代表银行炒卖 |
[10:58] | Be sure you remember that, all right? | 要紧记这点 |
[11:01] | Other dealers wear red jackets. All same. Red is lucky Chinese colour. | 交易员全都穿着红褛 红色是中国人的幸运颜色 |
[11:05] | Well, we want to stand out. We’re a new operation. We need to be noticed. | 对,所以我们要特别点 新的运作要被人注目 |
[11:09] | May be bad luck. Different colour. | 不同的颜色会带来不幸 |
[11:11] | Bollocks. We make our own luck. | 别傻,我们有彩数 |
[11:13] | Nick’s right. We’re cool dudes, man. Whoo! | 尼克说得对,我们很帅 |
[11:53] | Fernando. Anything happening in Tokyo? | 法兰度,东京有什么发生吗? |
[11:55] | Nothin’. How’s SIMEX? | 没什么,新加坡市场呢? |
[11:58] | Same here. No one’s playin’. | 一样,成交量只有五百九十 |
[12:00] | 590, and trading small. | 一样,成交量只有五百九十 |
[12:02] | 600, and thin too. | 不足六百 |
[12:07] | 580 here. There’s a seller who wants to trade in size. Shall I low-tick him? | 五百八十,有买家想大手入市 要给低价吗? |
[12:11] | Yeah. Flush him out. | 好,让他买入呢 |
[12:13] | – Squeeze the sucker. – How many? | 把坏人赶走 –多少? |
[12:16] | 200. | 二百 |
[12:17] | Buy them… now. | 现在买入 |
[12:20] | – Buy ’em! – Filled! | 买入 –补仓 |
[12:22] | We paid 580 for 200. | 你以五百八十元买入二百手 |
[12:24] | Way to go, Nick! I sold at 590. | 尼克,我刚以五百九十沽货 |
[12:27] | Fuck a duck! Just made 2,000 quid. | 该死,刚赚到二千英镑 |
[12:30] | Yes! | 对 |
[12:38] | They were a good bunch and they were keen to learn. | 他们很好学 股票经纪各施各法 |
[12:43] | It looked like a madhouse with all the traders waving and shouting,… | 就像马场一样刺激 |
[12:47] | …but it all made sense once you got the hang of it. | 置身其中更难忘 我干了什么? |
[12:50] | There were hiccups, but that’s normal in any operation,… | 市场有起有跌 这是很正常 |
[12:53] | …especially a new one like ours. | 对新人而言 |
[12:57] | The important thing was we were picking up the business… | 最重要令生意上升 |
[13:01] | …and the future looked rosy. | 未来充满憧憬 |
[13:15] | Nick, what’s the difference between initial margin and variation margin? | 尼克 单一�I展和综合�I展有何分别 |
[13:20] | Initial margin’s a down payment on each futures contract that we trade. | 单一�I展是只付期指合约首期 |
[13:24] | We don’t pay in full until a contract matures. | 在合约期满前也不需付全数 |
[13:26] | But in the meantime the value of each contract may go up or down. | 但每份合约都会各别升跌 |
[13:30] | So SIMEX calculate our positions on a daily basis. | 新加坡交易所每日计我们的交易 |
[13:33] | They’ll ask for more money if the market goes against us. That’s variation margin. | 当市场与投资有分差便要补仓 这叫综合�I展 |
[13:37] | Got it. I think! | 我明白了 |
[13:43] | We need to open an errors account. We’ve had a few mistakes. | 我们要开一个记错户口 我们有点错,虽没什么,但… |
[13:47] | I need somewhere to put them till I can write them out. | 我把帐目转到那里直至填补错误 |
[13:50] | Sure. What number shall I give it? | 好的,我们要什么户口号码? |
[13:53] | – Well, what’s your lucky number? – Eight. It is a very lucky Chinese number. | 你的幸运号码? –八号,中国人喜欢八号 |
[13:56] | And how many numbers do we need? | 要多少个号码 |
[13:59] | Five. | 五个 |
[14:00] | Then let’s give it all the luck it can handle. Call it the 88888 account. | 就起个幸运号码 叫88888户口吧 |
[14:26] | And now it gives me great pleasure to welcome the chairman of Barings Bank,… | 我很荣幸为你介绍 霸菱主席 |
[14:32] | …Peter Baring. | 彼得霸菱 |
[14:43] | We may be the oldest merchant bank in the world,… | 我们是全球最悠久的银行之一 |
[14:45] | …but that’s no excuse for not keeping up with the times. | 但并不代表我们过时 |
[14:50] | When I became chairman,… | 当我上任主席一职后 |
[14:52] | …I realised we couldn’t go on running Barings like a gentlemen’s club. | 我发现不可把它当成俱乐部 |
[14:56] | We had to look beyond our traditional recruiting grounds,… | 我们要打破 传统管治方法… |
[15:00] | …the old school tie,… | 传统学校领带 |
[15:03] | …to seek out a new and hungrier breed. | 寻求新的管理方式 |
[15:07] | We’re beginning to see the fruits of those efforts, and I have to say,… | 我们开始看到成效 利润… |
[15:11] | …the recovery in profitability, since the reorganisation, has been… amazing. | 更大幅回升 |
[15:17] | To be frank, I’ve discovered it’s not actually terribly difficult… | 坦白说… 在证券业务中赚取利润并不困难 |
[15:22] | …to make money in the securities business! | 在证券业务中赚取利润并不困难 |
[15:35] | Filled. | 补仓 |
[15:46] | Yeah, you paid 50 for 20. | 对,以五十元买二十手 |
[15:49] | Come in. | 进来 |
[15:53] | Simon, er… I’ve got a slight problem. | 辛逊,我出了一点问题 |
[15:55] | One of the girls sold 20 contracts for Fuji Bank instead of buying. | 有一女职员为富士银行 买入二十手,却误沽货了 |
[15:59] | I can’t do anything about it till Monday. | 我要周一才修补这问题 |
[16:02] | What’s the damage? | 损失多少 |
[16:04] | 20,000 at the close. | 收市时达二万 |
[16:09] | Sack the cow. She’ll never work on SIMEX again. | 开除她 她不可再工作 |
[16:13] | That’s a bit hard, isn’t it? | 太不近人情吧! |
[16:15] | Look, you handle it. | 自己处理吧 |
[16:17] | Have a word with London, but make sure you make that client good. | 向伦敦汇报,要令客户满意 |
[16:23] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:30] | Hey! Have a beer, shithead! | 喝杯酒吧 |
[16:32] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[16:33] | Hi, darling. | 嗨,老公 |
[16:35] | Anyone seen Kim? | 看到金吗 |
[16:38] | She was here a minute ago. | 她之前还在… |
[16:45] | Kim… | 金 |
[16:48] | Nick, Nick… | 尼克 |
[16:50] | I’m really sorry. I got so confused. | 尼克,对不起 |
[16:52] | – Everybody was shouting all at once. – That’s the job. | 当各人都在大喊,太混乱了 |
[16:55] | That’s what it’s all about, keeping a cool head. | 这份工作就是要保持冷静 |
[16:58] | I’m so sorry! I’ll pay you back the money. | 对不起,我会赔钱给你 |
[17:01] | Sure, Kim. Four years’ salary? And if the market moves it could be even worse. | 金,那是你四年的薪酬 若市场再有变动情况更糟 |
[17:07] | Come on, come on. | 来 |
[17:09] | Come on, everyone makes mistakes. | 每个人都会犯错 |
[17:12] | Look, with a bit of luck I can trade out of it on Monday, all right? | 若幸运,周一定会渡过难关 |
[17:17] | Nick, I’ve been waiting for you while everyone else is having a good time. | 尼克,我一直在等你 |
[17:22] | – I’m going home now. – Kim! | 我要回家了 –金 |
[17:25] | Kim…! | 金 |
[17:33] | – Everything all right? – Never better. | 顺利吗? –很顺利 |
[17:37] | Why don’t you let me come in and help? I can’t sit around all day doing nothing. | 让我到公司帮你,我不想游手好闲 |
[17:42] | It’s not a problem, Lisa. | 丽莎,不是这问题 |
[17:44] | I can handle it. | 我处理得来 |
[17:52] | Fernando, how are March futures looking? | 法兰度,三月的数目怎样? |
[17:55] | – I need 20 contracts at Friday’s price. – You won’t get Friday’s price! | 我暂时没有周五价格 |
[17:59] | I should have closed off the position and taken the loss. | 我应该周一开始便平仓 |
[18:02] | Instead, I waited for the market to change. | 总比等市场变动好 |
[18:04] | It changed all right, but not the way I wanted. | 它的确变动了,但不是如我所愿 |
[18:07] | Now I was stuck with a bigger loss than I could own up to. And it was all my fault. | 我损失更多金钱 这是我的错 |
[18:11] | Nick! I hear your girl handed in her notice. | 尼克,听闻你的下属金辞职了 |
[18:14] | Never came back. She couldn’t stand the pace. | 对,她受不了这些压力 |
[18:17] | So much for loyalty! | 够仗义 |
[18:19] | – Did you make the client good? – Of course. Made a small profit, actually. | 你的顾客怎么了 –还好,有一点点进帐 |
[18:23] | Good man. | 那很好 |
[18:29] | This one’s for the five eights account. | 这是属于88888户口 |
[18:32] | I bought the missing contracts. | 我找到了那些合约 |
[18:34] | 60,000? | 合共六万英镑吗 |
[18:35] | – Shh! – It was only 20 before. | 之前只是二万英镑 |
[18:37] | And the market went the wrong way. I had to cut the loss. | 当市场变坏时我便立刻沽货 |
[18:40] | What did Simon Jones say? | 辛森钟斯说什么 |
[18:42] | Are you serious? He’d shut us down if he knew. | 你认真的吗 若他知真相定会辞退我们 |
[18:44] | It’ll be all right so long as we balance the books by the end of the month. | 只要在月底能收支平衡便没问题 |
[18:48] | – How? – We trade on our own account… | 怎可能 –我们用自己的户口进行买卖 |
[18:50] | …until we wipe out the losses, then we use money from the client account… | 直至填补损失为止 我们用顾客的钱 |
[18:54] | …and pay it back with next month’s profits. | 利用下个月的利润填补给客户 |
[18:57] | You mean, gamble? | 你要作赌注吗 |
[18:59] | Relax, Bonnie. That’s all the market is. | 放心,邦妮 股市就如赌场一样 |
[19:03] | One giant casino! | 浩大之极 |
[19:11] | George! | 佐治 |
[19:13] | I was counting on nobody looking at the books until the end of each month. | 我希望无人会在月结前翻查帐目 |
[19:17] | As long as the five eights account had a nil balance on the last day of the month,… | 只要88888户口在每月最后一天 显示出没有盈余 |
[19:22] | …no one would suspect that anything was wrong. | 便不会惹人怀疑 |
[19:24] | But instead of winning back the position we made more losses,… | 不但没有反转劣势反而越赌越输 |
[19:28] | …and I had to borrow more money from the client account to hide them. | 我要从客户的户口 借钱来隐瞒真相 |
[19:41] | Fuckin’ hell, George, what are you playing at? Get fuckin’ out! | 佐治,你在玩什么?滚 |
[19:45] | Get fuckin’ out! Now! | 立刻给我滚 |
[19:49] | What the hell are you playing at? Out! Get out! | 你在玩什么?滚 好了 |
[19:54] | Fuckin’ hell! | 该死的 |
[19:59] | – Agh. – God, you’re tense. Stiff as a board. | 你太紧张了 |
[20:02] | If you only knew! All cos those bastards won’t let me hire proper staff. | 你不明白 他们不让我聘用合适的员工 |
[20:06] | – I thought it was going so well. – It is. It’s going brilliant. | 我还以为一切顺利 –不错 |
[20:10] | I just spend most of my life covering everybody else’s arse. | 我只是忙于收拾别人的残局 |
[20:13] | Well, why don’t you let me help with the back office? | 不如让我到公司帮你吧 |
[20:16] | – I’m bored being a lady of leisure. – No. | 我平时在家中呆着呢 |
[20:19] | Why not? It’s ridiculous, you having to handle trading and settlements. | 尼克,为何? 文职事业不是由你负担 |
[20:23] | You’ll have a nervous breakdown. | 你快要精神崩溃了 |
[20:25] | I don’t want you interfering. I can handle it. | 因为我不想你介入我可以处理的 |
[20:28] | All right, keep your pants on! No one’s saying you can’t. | 好吧,那么你别发怒 你一定做得到 |
[20:32] | I’m not going back to being a bloody clerk. I’d rather be a plasterer. | 我不回去当文员 我宁愿当抹灰匠 |
[20:38] | My mum always used to say I could be anything I wanted,… | 我妈妈常说 只要有恒心,铁柱磨成针 |
[20:41] | …so long as I took my chances – and worked like a dog. | 只要肯努力 |
[20:44] | Well, you have. You’ve worked really hard and it paid off. | 你已经很努力了,而且还得回报 |
[20:48] | She’d have been so proud of you. | 她一定为你而自豪 |
[20:49] | Do you really think so? | 真的吗 |
[20:52] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[20:54] | I know I am! | 对 |
[21:00] | That was the worst part – Lisa thinking I was this brilliant success. | 最惨的是丽莎以为我是天才 |
[21:05] | If she only knew what a fuck-up I really was! | 她并不知道我其实很不济 |
[21:09] | When I wanted the market to go up, it went down. | 当我想股市上升时它便下跌 |
[21:11] | If I wanted it to go down, it went up. | 我想它下跌它却又上升 |
[21:14] | It was hard not to take it personally. | 这真难缠 |
[21:25] | Nick? | 尼克? |
[21:27] | Nick! I just worked out the balance in the eights account. | 我刚计算了88888的收支平衡 |
[21:30] | – The losses are over $10 million! – Keep your fuckin’ voice down! | 我们损失了超过一千万元 –邦妮,别这么大声 |
[21:34] | Look, there’s no need to panic. | 也不用那么慌张 |
[21:37] | There’s not enough in the client account to make margin payments, Nick. | 客户的帐户不够钱填补�I展欠款 |
[21:45] | Right. | 没错 |
[21:50] | I need dollars. I need dollars to cover the initial margin payment! | 我需要钱填补最初的�I展欠款 |
[21:54] | I can get dollars from London to cover all the client positions for the futures I buy! | 我叫伦敦汇钱给我填补这些损失 |
[21:59] | Nothing unusual about that. But I’m gonna need yen. | 这样也不是罕见 但我需要日圆 |
[22:03] | Gonna need yen to cover the daily variation columns! | 以便在月底前 |
[22:06] | Which’ll leave a yen deficit by the end of the month. | 填补所损失的日圆 |
[22:10] | Unless… unless I sell options. | 除非… 我沽售期权来换取日圆佣金 |
[22:13] | That’ll generate commission in yen. | 我沽售期权来换取日圆佣金 |
[22:16] | And return the balance sheet on the five eights account to zero! | 将88888户口维持零进帐 |
[22:23] | As long as London kept sending out money to finance the client positions,… | 只要我能说服伦敦总公司汇钱 |
[22:27] | …I’d have enough cash to stay on top of the margin payments. | 给我填补损失 |
[22:32] | It was like robbing Peter to pay Paul,… | 这只是亡羊补牢 |
[22:35] | …but hopefully I’d end up making enough to pay Peter back before he found out. | 但我希望赚到足够的金钱 给我填补损失 |
[22:40] | Meanwhile I had to generate more and more business to justify my cash calls,… | 其间 我要找更多生意来证明 |
[22:45] | …and for that I needed customers. | 我是为顾客利益要求现金资助 |
[22:48] | The bigger the better. | 越多越好 |
[22:59] | Mm-hm. Oui. | 好 |
[23:05] | Mr Leeson. | 利森先生… |
[23:06] | – I’m Pierre Beaumarchais. – Nice to meet you. | 我是彼亚波马斯 –很高兴认识你 |
[23:09] | I work for the Geneva Banking Trust, based in the Bahamas. | 我以巴哈马为基地的日内瓦银行工作 |
[23:13] | I was speaking with Ang Swee Tian, president of SIMEX. | 我刚兴新加坡交易市所总裁 安维田谈话 |
[23:16] | He’s impressed by the amount of business you’ve been generating. | 因你为他赚取的生意额感满意 |
[23:20] | – There’s a lot of opportunities here. – Oh, yes. | 外边有很多机会 –就是 |
[23:24] | I do a lot of business on SIMEX. | 我在新加坡市场也参与很多交易 |
[23:26] | With the exception of George Soros,… | 除了佐治罗索斯 |
[23:28] | …I probably trade in the Nikkei more than anyone. | 我在日经市场的投资比任何人多 |
[23:31] | Sometimes over 5,000 contracts in a day. | 一日通常高达五千张合约 |
[23:35] | That is a lot. The whole market only does about 20. | 整个市场的成交量只有二十左右 |
[23:39] | Could Barings handle that amount of business? | 霸菱可以处理这么大的生意吗 |
[23:46] | You bet we could! | 当然可以 |
[23:48] | Beaumarchais was the answer to my prayers. | 波马斯是我的救星 |
[23:51] | I’d be able to siphon off enough commission… | 我利用当中所得的佣金 |
[23:53] | …to square the eights account once and for all. | 一次过填补88888户口的损失 |
[23:58] | – Hello? – Pierre Beaumarchais. | 彼亚波马斯 |
[24:00] | I want to buy 4,000 June contracts. | 我想买四千张六月份的合约 |
[24:04] | I’ve… got a price of 350, but this’ll move it. | 目前的价格是三百五十 但股价不断变动 |
[24:07] | Try not to pay more than 400. | 升幅别超过四百元 |
[24:09] | We gotta get them cheap. Beaumarchais is a big player. | 我们低水入货 波马斯是大玩家 |
[24:12] | If we pull this off, we get a shitload of business. | 若我们讨得他欢心便不愁没生意 |
[24:15] | – What’s liquidity like? – Tight as a flea’s arse. | 流动资产如何 –只有很少 |
[24:18] | We’ll get away with 500, then the price will move up. | 我们在五百点沽货 之后股市上升 |
[24:20] | OK. But then we’ll make the other traders think we’re sellers. | 要令其他交易家以为我们要沽货 |
[24:24] | And when the price drops… buy! All right? | 到股价下跌时再买入 |
[24:26] | OK. | 好的 |
[24:37] | Sell 250! | 二百五十点沽货 |
[24:39] | Sell 250! Sell 250! | 二百五十点沽货 |
[24:41] | Sell 240! | 二百五十点沽货 |
[24:42] | Sell 240! Sell 240! | 二百四十点沽货 |
[24:42] | Sell 240! Sell 240! | 二百四十点沽货 |
[24:44] | Sell 240! Sell 240! | 二百四十点沽货 |
[24:45] | Sell 240! Sell 240! | 二百四十点沽货 |
[24:49] | Sell 200! Sell 200! | 二百点沽货 |
[24:50] | Sell 200! Sell 200! | 二百点沽货 |
[24:51] | Sell 200! Sell 200! | 二百点沽货 |
[24:57] | – Buy 500 contracts! – Sell 200! | 买五百手 –二百点沽货 |
[25:00] | Buy? Buy? | 要买吗 |
[25:02] | Buy at 200! Buy at 200! Buy at 210! | 在二百点买入 |
[25:05] | Buy at 210! Buy at 220! | 在二百一十点买入 |
[25:08] | Buy at 220! Buy at 230! | 在二百二点买入 |
[25:12] | Buy at 240! | 在二百一十点买入 |
[25:14] | Buy at 240! Buy at 240! | 在二百一十点买入 |
[25:20] | Filled! | 弄好 |
[25:25] | Nobody saw us coming! We swooped on the first 1500 like a Stealth bomber! | 没人估计到我们的策略 我们转眼赚了一百五十万 |
[25:30] | 4,000 contracts! | 四千手 |
[25:32] | Balls of steel, Fat Boy. Balls of fuckin’ steel! | 肥仔,快点买 |
[25:52] | At last my luck had changed. Suddenly I couldn’t stop making money. | 我终于行运了 我突然停不了赚大钱 |
[25:57] | I was long in the Nikkei – that meant gambling on it going up – and up it went. | 对准日经平均指数的走势 在炒股生意上取得优势 上落尽在我掌握之中 |
[26:02] | Up and up and up. | 股市继续上升 |
[26:10] | That’s very good! Very good. | 尼克,干得好 |
[26:15] | Serves you right, Lisa! | 加班 |
[26:30] | If it went all the way up to 19,000, I stood to make a killing on the options I’d sold. | 若指数继续上升至一万九千点 我沽售所有期权后一定赚大钱 |
[26:38] | Come on, come on! Come on, baby, you can do it. Come on. | 来吧…快 |
[26:43] | – Yes! – Yes! | 好 |
[26:49] | Bonnie, we’re on a fuckin’ roll! | 邦妮,我们成功了 |
[26:53] | Yes! | 是的 |
[26:56] | Do you think we’ll do it? | 我还以为功亏一篑 |
[27:05] | It’s amazing! You’ve made back all the losses. | 神奇,你填补了超过… |
[27:08] | – Over $10 million. – What did I tell you? Oh, ye of little faith! | 一千万元的损失 –我说过要有信心 |
[27:12] | You keep doubling up, and sooner or later… | 你继续加倍入货很快我们便赚钱 |
[27:15] | …you’re bound to win. | 你继续加倍入货很快我们便赚钱 |
[27:22] | The Nikkei has closed up for the third day in a row,… | 日经平均指数连续第三日停市 |
[27:25] | …and the rally shows little sign of running out of steam. | 日经平均指数连续第三日停市 |
[27:28] | Analysts are predicting additional gains in the days ahead. | 但没迹象显示会炒风过热… |
[27:41] | – Happy? – Yeah. Are you? | 开心吗 你呢? |
[27:43] | Never better. | 从未如此开心过 |
[27:48] | I have been sailing a bit close to the wind. I didn’t want to worry you with it. | 最初时损失了一点 但我不想令你担心 |
[27:53] | – What do you mean? – No, it’s all right. | 你说什么 没什么 |
[27:55] | The market turned round and a whole load of my positions came good. | 市场改变,让我填补了损失 |
[27:58] | I made it all back. | 市场改变,让我填补了损失 |
[28:00] | What are you on about, Nick? | 你怎么了 |
[28:04] | Don’t get your knickers in a twist, but we made mistakes and ran up some losses. | 别担心,我只是犯了一点错 |
[28:08] | I went out on a limb to get back the position. | 所以我要赌一赌把钱赚回来 |
[28:10] | How big were the losses? | 你损失多少 |
[28:17] | For God’s sake, Nick! | 尼克,你太过分 |
[28:20] | No, it’s all right. It paid off. I squared it up. | 没事了,已经赚回来 |
[28:24] | I had to do it to protect the guys. | 我要保护我的下属 |
[28:28] | Promise me that you’ll never do that again. | 答应我不要再这样干 |
[28:30] | – It’s not worth it, Nick. – I promise. | 你不值得这样做 我答应你 |
[28:35] | You will give me a heart attack. | 你快把我吓得心脏病发 |
[28:42] | – Merry Christmas. – Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[28:52] | Fuck off! | 该死 |
[28:56] | I really meant it. I was the number one trader, and as the new year came in… | 我认真的 我是城中最成功交易员 |
[29:01] | …I was determined to kick my addiction to the eights account. | 踏入新年,我决要 好好利用88888户口 |
[29:04] | What will the market do? Long-term? | 你认为应长线 投资吗? |
[29:06] | No one thinks long-term, they think nanoseconds! | 你说笑吧,没人会考虑长线投资 |
[29:09] | – Long-term’s tomorrow morning. – Tomorrow, then. | 长线就是明天 就依你所说的 |
[29:12] | – That would be telling. – Leeson speaks, the market moves! | 一言为定 利森的举动足以令市场变动 |
[29:16] | You said it, mate. | 一言为定 |
[29:19] | Pierre. | 彼亚 |
[29:20] | I want to sell the 220 call options and buy the 200 calls in December. | 我要沽二百二十手看涨期权 在十二月买入二百手涨期权 |
[29:24] | I’ve got an offer of .138 for size. | 你会有一点三八巴仙的佣金 |
[29:28] | Can you do better? | 你做得到吗 |
[29:29] | I’ll get back to you. | 我再联络你 |
[29:31] | Quick as you can, Nick. I have to move fast. | 尼克,我们要速战速决 |
[29:38] | What the hell is he on about, .138 for size? | 什么?谁人会出这个价钱 |
[29:41] | The market in 220 calls is down. He wants to cut his losses. | 沽二百二十手会亏蚀的 我们要为客人止蚀 |
[29:44] | – Yeah, but why .138? – It’s a ratio. | 为何出这价钱? 他们以百分率计算 |
[29:47] | The 200 calls are trading at 1,400. | 以二百手换一千四百手 |
[29:49] | Divide 200 by 1,400, you get .143. | 你便可以获得 一点四三巴仙的佣金 |
[29:53] | All right. But not .138. | 但不是一点三八巴仙的佣金 |
[29:56] | Unless someone’s offered him a discount. Probably Societe Generale. | 除非有人给他折扣 彼亚是我们主要的客户 |
[30:00] | We can’t let those wankers get our biggest client. | 不能损失这个客人 |
[30:03] | – What are you gonna do? – Just have to leg it. | 你打算怎样 我们一定要帮他 |
[30:05] | Buy the contracts from Pierre and sell them when the market rises? | 你是说向彼亚买入那期股票 然后趁高沽货 |
[30:09] | I thought we were not supposed to trade for the bank. | 我们不应为银行作买卖 |
[30:12] | Pierre? I can do it. What’s the exact size? | 彼亚,我可帮你,有多少期货 |
[30:14] | 6,500? All right, leave it with me. No problem. | 六千五百?等我来处理 |
[30:18] | What if the market doesn’t rise, uh? What if it falls? | 若股市下跌不上升那怎办 |
[30:21] | I’ve gambled and won before. I can gamble and win again. | 我曾赌博胜了,一定可以再赢 |
[30:24] | Balls of steel, me old mateys, and you’d better believe it. | 我是神奇小子,你要信我 |
[30:39] | Bonnie, I need you to reopen the eights account. | 邦妮 你再为我开启88888户口 |
[30:43] | We got caned on Beaumarchais’ contracts. | 我们被那些波马斯的股票害死 |
[30:45] | Now the bastard’s gone back to Societe Generale. | 那些混旦找中央股票行帮他们 |
[30:48] | Fax Brenda Granger in London. Ask her for funds to cover the margin payments. | 你传真给佩达 叫她多点资金以应付�I展款项 |
[30:52] | Tell her it’s for client positions. | 说是为了她的客户 |
[30:55] | Hello? | 你好 |
[30:57] | It’s Simon. Can you come into my office? | 尼克,我是辛逊 到我办公室, |
[30:59] | Right away. | 有事找你 |
[31:00] | Christ, I’d been rumbled! The only surprise was it’d taken so long. | 一定是出事 终于被揭发 |
[31:05] | What was I gonna tell Lisa? She’d bloody murder me. | 我怎告诉丽莎?她定会宰了我 |
[31:08] | Come in. | 进来 |
[31:16] | Congratulations, Nick. | 尼克,恭喜你 |
[31:17] | The ’93 bonuses are in, and you’re down for 135 grand. | 九三年的花红发放了 你有一三五万 |
[31:22] | 135? That’s fantastic! | 一三五?真不错 |
[31:24] | Your little operation generated profits of over 10 million last year. You’re a star! | 去年为公司赚了超过一千万英镑 你是我们的明星 |
[31:32] | In fact, your figures are so high they’re going to check up on you. | 因为你赚了巨额数目 所以他们要核数 |
[31:35] | Check up on me? | 查核我的帐目? |
[31:37] | They’re sending Ash Lewis out for the audit. | 他们派艾斯路易斯来 |
[31:42] | Don’t worry. It’s purely routine. | 别担心,只是例行工作 |
[31:45] | Ash Lewis? | 艾斯路易斯? |
[31:47] | She’s meant to be a right ball-breaker, isn’t she? | 男人见到她便怕 |
[31:57] | That’s our booth. | 那是我们展览摊位 |
[32:01] | Filled! You paid 250. | 全都满了,你付二百五十 |
[32:03] | Hi, Nick. | 尼克 |
[32:05] | Ron Baker and Ash Lewis. | 这是朗伯嘉,他是艾斯路易斯 |
[32:07] | Ron is head of Derivatives Trading in London. | 朗是负责伦敦市场的主管 |
[32:09] | Which I guess makes me your boss, Nick. | 我便是你的上司 |
[32:11] | – How do you, Mr Leeson? – Very well, thank you. | 很高兴认识你 利森先生,你好吗 很好,谢谢 |
[32:14] | OK Let’s see the action! | 我们开始工作 |
[32:18] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[32:20] | Who’s doing all the business? We’re the biggest, right? | 谁负责这主意?我们最大的 |
[32:23] | We do a lot of arbitrage, so we do have a high volume. | 我们为客人处理套利活动 所以交易量很大 |
[32:26] | We signal orders in to George in the pit – this is Henry – | 我们把所有交易通知佐治 |
[32:29] | …and at the end of the day the girls in the office | 这是亨利,每天收市后 |
[32:32] | they log all the deals on to the computer. | 公司女同事便用电脑纪录交易 |
[32:34] | You manage the trading floor and the settlements office, is that right? | 你是交易场内的经理,对吗 |
[32:39] | Yes, yes. | 亨利,你在一百的位置加了记号 |
[32:41] | That’s a little unusual. Whatever happened to checks and balances? | 这是比较罕见的 谁负责审查收支平衡 |
[32:45] | – That’s something we need to talk about. – I’ll be here for three weeks. | 这方面我们要详细汇报 我会留在这里三周 |
[32:49] | This is going to be a thoroughly comprehensive audit. No stone unturned. | 今次是详尽的审核 每一项都会审核 |
[32:53] | Absolutely. Anything I can do to help, any stone needs turning, let me know. | 当然,我会尽力提供协助 有什么发现便告诉我 |
[32:57] | Are we filled? Good man, Henry. | 我们完成了吗?亨利 |
[32:59] | Nice to see you, Simon. | 辛逊,很高兴见到你 |
[33:06] | Dad’s seen this flat in Blackheath. | 爸爸认为值得投资在黑希 |
[33:08] | Needs a bit of work, but him and my granddad can fix it up. | 那房屋需要修葺 但爸和祖父可负责 |
[33:11] | Think of it like an insurance policy in case you get sacked,… | 如被开除,可当是一项保险 |
[33:15] | …have to go back to England and work as a plasterer! | 回英国你可当抹灰工人 |
[33:20] | What’s up with you, misery-guts? | 怎么了? |
[33:24] | What would you do, Lise ? What would you do if I did get the elbow? | 丽莎,你干什么 若我失业你干什么 |
[33:28] | You’ve just been given a ruddy great big bonus. | 你刚收到丰厚的花红 |
[33:31] | But what if it all went wrong? What if I’m not as clever as everyone thinks? | 若突然出现问题? 我不是别人所想的聪明 |
[33:35] | Oh, of course you are! | 你当然是 |
[33:37] | Anyway, it’s you I love. I don’t give a toss about the money. | 我爱不是你的钱财 |
[33:41] | If it was up to me we’d jack it all in now, go back to England and start a family. | 希望立刻回英国建立我们的家庭 |
[33:46] | You’re doing brilliantly, Nick. | 尼克,你很聪明 |
[33:50] | You’re a bloody star. | 你真聪明 |
[34:04] | – Nick! – Fuck! | 尼克? 该死 |
[34:06] | Simon! | 辛逊 |
[34:08] | – You’re looking disgustingly chirpy. – Haven’t you heard? Panic over. | 什么事?你神不守舍 你听到吗? |
[34:12] | – Ash has been called back to London. – You’re kidding. Why? | 艾灰被召回伦敦 说笑吧?为何? |
[34:15] | Office politics. Some turf battle between Futures and Securities. | 办公室政治 霸菱期货和霸菱证券政治斗争 |
[34:24] | Compared to Ash they’re a couple of pussies. | 他们没艾灰那样精明 |
[34:27] | Pity. I was rather looking forward to seeing the dreaded Ash Lewis in action! | 真可惜 我想看看艾灰的结局 |
[34:35] | Yes! | 是吗 |
[34:40] | No, I’m just leaving now. | 不,我要走了 |
[34:42] | I’m gonna jump in the shower. If you get home first, put the oven on. | 我去洗澡 若你先回家开动�h炉 |
[34:45] | – All right, sweetheart. I’ll see you then. – Bye, darling. | 好吧,待会见 再见 |
[34:55] | – Get in, you bastard! – What the fuck is that? | 该死的进来 这是什么 |
[34:58] | Sex on wheels. It’s a Porsche, moron! Get in! | 最美的保时捷,笨旦,上车吧 |
[35:05] | I’ll tell you what it is. | 让我告诉你,这辆车很恶心 |
[35:07] | It’s disgustin’. | 让我告诉你,这辆车很恶心 |
[35:09] | I’ll tell you what it is. It’s a great big hard-on! | 让我告诉你,它令我兴奋 |
[35:14] | Got to think of something to do with my bonus. | 我要好好享受我的花红 |
[35:17] | You keep your eyes on the road, you flash git! | 小心驾驶 |
[35:27] | – It’s a fuckin’ one-way street, George. – Whoops! | 佐治,你该死的 |
[35:33] | Goodness, gracious, great balls of steel! | 佐治,你该死的 |
[35:43] | – Whoo! – Fuckin’ George! | 佐治,你该死的 |
[35:52] | Shit! There’s that Reuters journalist. | 该死,是路透社的记者 |
[35:54] | Nick! Nick! | 尼克… |
[35:56] | He’s been bugging me for weeks for an interview. | 他要求和我做访问 |
[36:00] | – Hey, Nick! – All right, mate? | 尼克 你好吗 |
[36:05] | Nick, my man. What’ll you have? | 尼克,最近好吗 |
[36:07] | Oh, a beer, please. You know George Seow, one of my dealers? | 给我啤酒 你认识我经纪佐治吗 |
[36:10] | This is Danny from Intercontinental Trading. | 这位是越州交易所的丹尼 |
[36:17] | I hear Barings have almost cornered the market here, thanks to you. | 我听闻霸菱声名大噪全归功于你 |
[36:21] | The rumours have been greatly exaggerated. | 这些谣传太夸张了 |
[36:23] | Don’t be so modest. | 别谦虚了 |
[36:25] | He’s king of the exchange! Barings got an award for all the business he’s generated. | 你知道他们怎样叫他 交易之王 新加坡市场刚颁发奖项给他 表扬他的成就 |
[36:30] | – Do you want a beer? – I’d love a beer. | 你要啤酒 我要 |
[36:54] | Watch the Drambuie settle. | 一定令你头昏脑涨 |
[36:59] | And it’s called depth charge. | 一定令你头昏脑涨 |
[37:01] | It’s guaranteed to blow your fuckin’ head off. | 一定令你头昏脑涨 |
[37:04] | NO | 不要… |
[37:06] | Are you ready? | 你准备好吗 |
[37:08] | Let’s do it. Let’s have it. | 行动吧 |
[37:10] | One! | 好了 来吧 |
[37:11] | And two! | 一…二…三 |
[37:13] | And three! | 现在 |
[37:15] | – Bottoms up! – Bottoms up! | 干杯 干杯 |
[37:30] | Hey! Pretty women! What are you waiting for? | 美女,你在等什么? |
[37:33] | Come on! | 来吧 |
[37:35] | – Come on! – Tough shit, George. | 佐治,该死 |
[37:37] | Your charm’s just not working tonight. | 你的魅力今晚不凑效 |
[37:40] | Stuck-up bitches! | 该死的婆娘 |
[37:42] | – I bet they’re Singapore air hostesses. – Flight lieutenants, if you don’t mind! | 我猜她们是新加坡航空的空姐 应该是空中服务员 |
[37:47] | Chocks away! | 废话 |
[37:50] | Flight lieutenants…! | 空中服务员 |
[37:55] | Help ’em to decide if they wanna come in or if they don’t wanna come in. | 你去帮她们决定来还是不来 |
[38:00] | Let’s give ’em a hand and moon ’em! | 助她们一臂之力 |
[38:04] | That should help ’em decide. Come on, don’t be shy! | 帮她们作决定 别害羞 |
[38:07] | Your mother wasn’t! | 你妈妈不会 |
[38:09] | I love this man. | 我爱上这男人 |
[38:11] | – On three? – It worked before. | 再来三声 都试过了 |
[38:13] | It could work again. One… | 今次一定行…一 |
[38:16] | Two! Three! | 一…二…三 |
[38:18] | Bottoms up! | 干杯 |
[38:23] | That is disgusting! | 恶心 |
[38:27] | What’ll it be, you old bastard? | 老鬼,你喝什么? |
[38:30] | Absolutely brilliant, Nick! Drinks are on me. | 尼克,你很聪明,我请客 |
[38:32] | Enough depth charges to sink a battleship! | 我的智慧可令敌人全军覆没 |
[38:40] | – Fuck, what time is it? – I don’t know. | 现在什么时候? 不知道 |
[38:42] | Got to phone Lisa. | 我要致电丽莎 |
[38:53] | Oh, you’ve got to be jokin’! | 你说笑吧 |
[38:55] | No laughing matter. | 不是 |
[38:57] | Outraging a lady’s modesty… very serious crime in Singapore. | 在新加坡侮辱女性是严重的罪行 |
[39:06] | News of my disgrace reached London. At the highest level. | 我的罪行连伦敦总公司也知道 |
[39:11] | It’s slightly embarrassing, but one of our traders got drunk… | 情况有点尴尬 |
[39:15] | …and pulled a moon. | 我们的人在新加坡后闹事 |
[39:17] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[39:19] | He exposed his bottom. | 他露体… |
[39:22] | – Why? – Playing silly buggers, I expect. | 为什么 我猜他们在输赌 |
[39:25] | Unfortunately, the law over there takes rather a dim view. | 当地政府视这行为为严重重行 |
[39:28] | Maybe we should sack him. | 应辞退他吗 |
[39:30] | Sacking him would be… awkward, to say the least. | 这样做太惹人注目了 |
[39:34] | He generates a significant amount of our profits in Southeast Asia. | 他为我们在东南亚分区赚大钱 |
[39:39] | I, er… ought to mention we’re getting stick from the Bank of England… | 他为我们的英国银行赚大钱 |
[39:43] | …about our funding over there. | 他为我们的英国银行赚大钱 |
[39:45] | Technically we’re in breach of regulations on the ratio of lending to capital. | 技术上违反政府条例 动用超出规定的资本比率 |
[39:49] | Would you like me to have a quiet word in their ear? | 你想我和他们私下谈谈吗 |
[39:53] | Oh, we’re not quite there yet. | 还不是时候 |
[39:55] | When I spoke to Andy Dixon at the Bank, he said the matter was… | 银行那方面的安迪说 |
[39:59] | …”buried reasonably deep in his in-tray”. | 他想把这件事低调处理 |
[40:02] | Just flagging a concern. | 别让人想起这件事来 |
[40:04] | Quite right. It’s something we should keep an eye on. | 但要继续留意事态发展 |
[40:07] | Well… is that it? Any other business? | 还有其他事吗 |
[40:09] | Well, what about this chap Leeson? He of the exhibitionist tendencies. | 这个利森怎么办?他是露体狂 |
[40:14] | I suppose it’s something we should leave to the Singapore authorities. | 这些事应由当地政府处理 |
[40:18] | I have to say… I’m inclined to agree. | 我同意 |
[40:27] | So, it was the profits that saved me. | 事实上那些利润救了我一命 |
[40:30] | If they only knew! | 事实上那些利润救了我一命 |
[40:34] | Nick! | 尼克, |
[40:35] | That guy from Reuters again. The second time today. | 又是那个路透社记者 他第二次致电来找你 |
[40:38] | Tell him I’ve… | 告诉他… |
[40:40] | Oh, fuck it! Gimme the phone. | 把电话给我 |
[40:44] | Print me up a balance on the eights account. | 为我编88888户口结算单 |
[40:46] | Hi, Loy. | 莱,情况如何? |
[40:48] | Nick! You’re a hard man to pin down. | 尼克,找你很难 |
[40:50] | You know how it is. What can I do you for? | 你该明白,有何贵干 |
[40:53] | – Quite a position you’ve been buying. – We’re happy. | 你近来活跃买卖 |
[40:56] | I don’t know how the client wants to play it. | 我们很成功 不知顾客喜欢如何玩 |
[40:58] | Who is this mystery client, Nick? He must have rather large balls. | 尼克,那神秘客户是谁? 他一定有钱 对不起 |
[41:02] | I’m sorry, mate. Client confidentiality and all that. | 你明白这是客户的私隐 |
[41:06] | Is it Pierre Beaumarchais? | 他是彼亚巴查吗 |
[41:10] | Sorry, Loy, I… gotta go. I’ll speak to you later. | 对不起,莱,我要挂线 |
[41:13] | Speak to you some other time. | 再联络 |
[41:17] | Jesus Christ, Bonnie. It’s 7.78 billion yen! | 邦妮 七十七亿八十万日圆 |
[41:21] | – Do you want the dollar amount? It’s… – Yeah, yeah, $77.8 million. | 你要知道美金是多少吗? 一美元对一百日圆 总数七千七百万美元 |
[41:25] | Book me the following notional trade. | 为我纪录这项交易 |
[41:27] | Selling 1,000 December 21,500 put options at a price of… 7778. | 十二月卖出二万一千五百手 令期权的价位升至七七七八 |
[41:32] | Then print me a new report after that entry so it shows 7.78 billion yen… | 然后把交易编给我 交易帐单上会显示 |
[41:36] | – … as if it was owing to us from SIMEX. – Sure, Nick. | 交易所欠我们七十七亿八千万日圆 好的 |
[41:40] | Then fax Brenda Granger in London, asking for more funds. | 叫伦敦总公司的关连多汇点资金 |
[41:43] | Say we’ve had a large margin call on our client positions. | 我们有客户要求为他们炒�I展 |
[41:47] | How much? | 要多少? |
[41:48] | A million. | 一百万元 |
[41:50] | Make it two. | 二百万元 |
[42:00] | – Nick! – Mm? | 尼克 |
[42:03] | Nick, it’s the phone. | 尼克,找你 |
[42:11] | – Hello? – I’m not disturbing you, am I? | 希望没打扰你 |
[42:14] | It’s 2am. | 凌晨两点 |
[42:16] | Oh, Christ. Sorry, mate. Had no idea. | 对不起,我没想到 |
[42:18] | The old farts are getting nervous. They want you to unwind the position a little. | 听我说,上头有点紧张 他们要你减少买卖 |
[42:22] | That’s easier said than done. Don’t want to send the wrong signal to the market. | 朗,并不容易 我不想令市场误会 另外我们下月 |
[42:28] | Second, we need another 2 million profit by next month to secure our bonuses. | 需要二百万英镑利润保障花红 |
[42:32] | Two million? Ron, what planet do you live on, mate? | 二百万?哪里找这么多钱 |
[42:36] | One minute you want me to unwind the positions… | 一方面要我减少买买,一方面又 |
[42:38] | Failure is not an option, mate. | 我们不能失败,全靠你了 |
[42:40] | See you at the junket in London in three weeks’ time. | 三周后在伦敦见面 |
[42:49] | 2 million? | 二百万元?他们以为我是谁? |
[42:50] | Who do they think I am, George Soros? | 二百万元?他们以为我是谁? |
[42:56] | We were close to the end of another year and I was deeper in the shit than ever. | 到年终了,我越加泥足深陷 |
[43:00] | Barings wanted me to speak at their annual group conference in London. | 霸菱要我在伦敦周年会议上发言 |
[43:04] | I was their star trader, and they wanted to know the secrets of my success. | 我是他们的明星要知我成功秘诀 |
[43:09] | It didn’t bear thinking about. | 但我没时间去想 |
[43:13] | – Is Nan staying with Auntie Karen? – Yeah. | 兰会留下陪嘉伦吗 |
[43:16] | – It’s the best place she could be. – Aww, poor thing. | 她留在这里最好 真可怜 |
[43:20] | – Has she been crying? – Mm. | 她常常哭吗 |
[43:23] | Has she? | 真的吗 |
[43:27] | Nick! It’s for you. | 尼克,找你的,朗伯嘉? |
[43:30] | Ron Baker. | 尼克,找你的,朗伯嘉? |
[43:38] | Ron! Can’t believe you tracked me down already. | 朗,你这么快已经找到我 |
[43:42] | Listen, with this conference you’ll be away from the trading floor a long time. | 近日发生的一切 令你没在市场出现 |
[43:46] | I had to come back a week early for this funeral. | 我回来参加一项葬礼 |
[43:49] | – I told you, Lisa’s granddad passed away. – I’m sorry about that, mate,… | 我说过丽莎的祖父去世了 对不起 |
[43:53] | …but I’m fighting for your bonus. You need to keep up those profits. | 但我为你争取花红 你要努力为公司赚钱 |
[43:57] | – I couldn’t miss this funeral. – No one’s asking you to! | 我一定要出席葬礼 我明白 |
[44:00] | I’ll issue you a pass so you can come in on Sunday and trade through the night. | 我会发给你一张通行证 让你周日晚进行交易 |
[44:04] | You won’t miss a thing! | 便不会错过机会 |
[44:06] | Get out the fuckin’ way! | 给我滚… |
[44:10] | If he’s working this hard he’s going to need his food. | 若他辛苦工作,需要吃东西 |
[44:13] | He wants me to go into the office on Sunday night and trade. | 我要周日回公司进行交易 |
[44:17] | Well… no! | 不要 |
[44:19] | That’s completely out of order. Let someone else make the profits! | 不可能,叫其他人干吧 |
[44:22] | She’s right, Nick. You’re not a machine. | 她说得对,你不是机器 |
[44:25] | It’s bonus time. If I don’t deliver, then everybody loses out. | 很快会分花红不努力便前功尽废 |
[44:28] | It’s not fair, Nick. You carry on at this rate, you’re gonna be in a right old state. | 这样不公平 再这样拼命工作很快会变化石 |
[44:33] | It’s gonna be your funeral next. | 下次是你的葬礼 |
[44:34] | For as much as it hath pleased almighty God… | 因神的慈爱 |
[44:38] | …of his great mercy to take unto himself… | 带领他的灵魂进入天堂 |
[44:40] | …the soul of our dear brother here departed,… | 带领他的灵魂进入天堂 |
[44:43] | …we therefore commit his body to the ground. | 他的肉身入土为安 |
[44:47] | Earth to earth, ashes to ashes,… | 尘归尘土归土 |
[44:51] | …dust to dust. | 尘归尘土归土 |
[44:56] | Good to see you, son. Sorry occasion, but there you go. | 孩子,见到你真好,对不起 |
[44:59] | – He had a good innings. – That’s the main thing. | 临终时很安祥 这足够了 |
[45:03] | So how’s it going over there? | 你在那边情况怎样 还可以 |
[45:05] | – Can’t complain. – We’re all proud of you. | 我们以你为豪 没什么大不了 |
[45:07] | – What you’ve achieved. – It’s no big deal. | 我们以你为豪 没什么大不了 |
[45:10] | Don’t be so bloody modest! | 太谦虚了,你是抹灰匠的儿子 |
[45:12] | You a plasterer’s son! | 太谦虚了,你是抹灰匠的儿子 |
[45:14] | I just wish your mum could have been here to see it. | 真希望你妈能见到你的成就 |
[45:19] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[45:21] | I’ll try not to let you all down, Dad. | 我不会令你们失望 |
[45:24] | – What did you say? – It’s OK, it’s just jet lag. | 你说什么 不!只是睡得不好 |
[45:28] | Don’t pay any attention to me. | 别在意我的话 |
[45:34] | I felt sick going into the office,… | 我讨厌回公司 |
[45:36] | …seeing all the people I’d been avoiding for months. | 看到多月来我逃避的人 |
[45:39] | It was one thing to con people over the phone, quite another to do it to their face. | 我只和他通电 在他们面前要伪装一切 |
[45:45] | Nick? That’s you, isn’t it? | 尼克 是你吗 |
[45:48] | Nick Leeson? I heard you were coming in. | 尼克利森,听闻你会来 |
[45:51] | You haven’t the vaguest idea who I am, have you? | 你应不知道我是谁 |
[45:55] | Brenda? Of course. | 佩达 当然认识, |
[45:57] | – I’m sorry. How are you? – So I finally get to put a face to the voice! | 你好吗 终于见面了 |
[46:01] | – My God, you are so young! – Well, ageing rapidly, I’m afraid. | 老天,你这么年轻 但我却很老 |
[46:05] | Can you come into my office? I really do need to talk to you about the figures. | 尼克,到我办公室 我想讨论那些数目 |
[46:09] | I’m meeting Peter Norris in three minutes. | 佩达,三分钟后要见彼得 |
[46:12] | Oh. Well, do come in right after, OK? | 开会后来见我好吗 |
[46:14] | Nobody out there can answer our questions but you. | 只有你能解答我的难题 |
[46:17] | And they just asked for another ton of funding. | 他们要求另一笔贷款 |
[46:20] | – All right. This one? – Yeah. | 好,这个吗? 对 对 |
[46:24] | Brenda was my cash lifeline. | 佩达是我好帮手 |
[46:26] | She was the last person I wanted asking awkward questions. | 佩达是我好帮手 |
[46:31] | But first I had to deal with Peter Norris. | 但我要先处理好罗斯 |
[46:33] | He’s such a red-hot trader I’m having him come in overnight! | 他是一流经纪 我安排他来这里专负责日经指数 |
[46:37] | Are you really? | 真的吗 |
[46:39] | You can’t keep Nick away from the floor. He’s the key man in Singapore. | 你不能把尼克调离 他是新加坡市场的灵魂 |
[46:43] | Sounds like you’re the key man in Asia. | 听来你是亚洲的人才 |
[46:46] | He’s insane! You should see how he takes that market on. | 他是疯癫的 你该看看他的表现 |
[46:51] | “All right”? | 喜欢? |
[46:56] | Now, we need to talk about merging the sales areas in Asia. Nick has some views. | 谈谈亚洲的股票买卖吧 尼克有他的观点 |
[47:02] | If we can replicate his success in Hong Kong and Tokyo… | 若把他的方法用在… 香港和日本市场 |
[47:06] | What do you think, Nick? | 尼克,认为怎样 |
[47:08] | It does make a lot of sense to merge. | 这个建议很有道理 |
[47:11] | There would need to be controls, of course,… | 但我们要控制得宜 |
[47:14] | …but the trading books can be used to supplement a customer’s requirements… | 我们可以用交易市场的规条… 来满足客户的要求 |
[47:19] | …and increase information flows. | 增加资讯交流 |
[47:22] | Synergetically. | 互助互惠 |
[47:24] | Exactly. Synergy. | 对 |
[47:26] | So you see, Peter, Nick agrees. | 彼得,尼克也同意 |
[47:28] | And he’s been very successful with his customers. They love him! | 他的客户对他宠爱有加 |
[47:33] | Yes, excellent. Well, keep up the good work,… | 对…很好,继续努力 |
[47:35] | …and Ron, you sort out what you want with this merger. | 朗,负责今次合并计划 |
[47:39] | Now, gentlemen, I really have to… | 各位,很高兴见面 |
[47:41] | – Good to meet you. – Nice to meet you. Cheers. | 稍后见 |
[47:46] | I think that went well. He seemed to go for the merger idea. | 不错,他同意了合并计划 |
[47:49] | – Oh, he did. He really went for it! – This’ll be good for you too, Nick. | 对,他的确同意了 尼克,这样对你很有利 |
[47:53] | They’ll give you some kind of fancy new title! | 你会提升 |
[47:57] | Uh… Nick! | 尼克? |
[48:00] | Nick! | 尼克? |
[48:02] | Ron! | 朗? |
[48:09] | Being good… | 单做好本分是不足 |
[48:11] | …is not good enough! | 单做好本分是不足 |
[48:15] | Everyone must be connected to our strategy, or we will find you… | 每人都要和策略配合 |
[48:20] | …and weed you out! | 否则便被赶离场 |
[48:25] | Information arbitrage is our business. | 内幕消息是重要财路 |
[48:28] | If you don’t know what an information curve is, then find out! | 所以必须要有独具慧眼 |
[48:33] | Position yourself in an information curve. | 令自己成为资讯的提供者 |
[48:37] | Dominate the curve! | 控制市场 |
[48:39] | Nick Leeson, who most of you know and all of you have heard of,… | 尼克利森是新加坡最有名的 |
[48:44] | …runs our operation in Singapore,… | 股票经纪 |
[48:46] | …which I want all of you to try to emulate. | 我要你们跟他学习 |
[48:50] | Now, you’ll hear later from Nick about how he does it,… | 很快会听到尼克的分享 |
[48:53] | …but I just want to drive home to you guys… | 我想你们记着 |
[48:57] | …that if you could all think about Nick… | 记者尼克所说的话 |
[49:00] | …and perhaps come up with ideas to follow his footsteps,… | 跟随他的脚步 |
[49:04] | …Barings will become… | 霸菱便成为 |
[49:07] | …one of the most successful operations in the derivatives business. | 最成功的商业机构 |
[49:17] | Oh, fuck! | 该死 |
[49:20] | Oh, we are gonna make so much money! | 我们将会赚很多钱 |
[49:25] | But more to the point,… | 但最重要的是你 |
[49:27] | …you are gonna make… | 会赚很多钱 |
[49:29] | …so… | 会赚很多钱 |
[49:31] | …much… | 会赚很多钱 |
[49:32] | …money. | 会赚很多钱 |
[49:54] | Oh, Nick! | 尼克 |
[49:57] | Nick… wake up. | 尼克…醒醒 丽莎 |
[49:59] | – Lisa… – We’re meant to be going to the dinner! | 去吃晚饭 我不能去 |
[50:02] | I can’t. I can’t face it. I can’t take it any more. | 我不能再面对他们 |
[50:05] | I’m not going back after Christmas. You can’t make me. | 圣诞节后我不回去 |
[50:08] | What?! You’re sitting next to Peter Norris in the seat of honour! | 你怎么了? 你很荣幸坐彼得罗斯身旁 |
[50:11] | Don’t tell me you missed your presentation too. | 你还要发表演辞 |
[50:14] | – I’ve been drinkin’. – I never would have guessed! | 我喝了酒 我知道 |
[50:17] | I think it’s downright rude. You can’t let everybody down. | 他们在等你呢 你不能令他们失望 |
[50:20] | You don’t understand, Lisa. | 你不明白 |
[50:22] | I’m sitting on a fuckin’ volcano. I can’t go back! | 我已泥足深陷,不能回头 |
[50:26] | And what about your bonus? | 你的花红呢 |
[50:28] | Now, stop babblin’ and get yourself dressed! | 别赖了,快更衣 |
[50:30] | I’ll give you volcano, Nick Leeson – right up your bum! | 利森,你不起来便打你 |
[50:33] | Lisa… oi! | 丽莎 |
[50:35] | In you go! You stink! | 你很臭 丽莎,不要… |
[50:37] | Oh, Lisa… | 丽莎 |
[50:42] | You bitch! | 你该死 |
[50:46] | – I’m gonna kill you now! – Look at you! What a disgusting sight! | 我要杀了你 看看你多丑怪 |
[50:50] | Aagh, no, you’re gonna get me all wet, Nick! | 尼克,把我弄湿了 |
[51:01] | Nick. You’ve got to get dressed. Stop. | 你要快点更衣 |
[51:06] | You’ve got to get dressed! | 你要快点更衣 |
[51:15] | Promise me you’ll always love me, Lisa. | 丽莎,答应我永远爱我 |
[51:18] | That whatever happens, you’ll always love me. | 不管怎样,也爱我吗 |
[51:21] | Oh, of course I will! | 当然会 |
[51:23] | You’re my man, aren’t you? | 你是我的男人,不是吗 |
[51:33] | It was crazy going back. I couldn’t hope to survive the end-of-year audit. | 我只渴望能平安渡过年终的年结 |
[51:37] | There was that little matter of the 7.78 billion yen… | 我把七十七亿八千万日圆转到 |
[51:41] | …which I’d fabricated to plug the hole in the five eights account. | 我把七十七亿八千万日圆转到 88888户口 |
[51:44] | I should have told Lisa when I had the chance,… | 我应告诉丽莎 |
[51:47] | …but this voice kept telling me… | 但有把声音对我说 |
[51:49] | …I’d traded out of losses before – I could trade out of them again. | 我曾经能渡过难关,今次也得 |
[51:54] | What’s this letter all about? | 封信怎么了 |
[51:58] | Well, it’s from SIMEX. | 新加坡交易行寄来 |
[52:00] | Yes, I know it’s from SIMEX. It came while you were away. | 我知,你不在时寄来的 |
[52:04] | “It appears that you have financed the trading positions… | 贵公司拥有一个88888户口 |
[52:07] | …held by sub-account 88888. “ | 以作股票交易买卖 |
[52:09] | “If this is the case you have violated SIMEX Rule 822,… | 若属实,便违犯了 |
[52:12] | …which bans members from financing the trading margins of their customers. “ | 期交所822条例 为客户提供财政资助作�I展炒卖 |
[52:17] | They’re just banging on about our intra-day funding limits. | 他们会找我们麻烦 |
[52:20] | Well, what is sub-account 88888 anyway? | 这个88888户口到底是什么 |
[52:22] | It’s a customer account. We have umpteen trading accounts. | 是客户的户口,我去查 |
[52:25] | I’d have to look into it. | 是客户的户口,我去查 |
[52:28] | We’re the number one trader, and they’re tying us up in red tape. | 我们是最出色经纪 所以会受到严密监察 |
[52:31] | Anyone would think they didn’t want us to trade. | 人人认为他们想阻我们 |
[52:34] | Er… I’ll draft an answer for you. | 我会模拟答案 |
[52:36] | Yeah, do that, will you? Get it on my desk by the morning. | 好的 明天早上放在我桌上 |
[52:39] | Of course, Simon. | 好的 |
[52:50] | Lisa? | 丽莎 |
[52:56] | Lisa? | 丽莎 |
[53:07] | Lisa, what are you doing? | 丽莎,你干什么 |
[53:10] | I’m bleeding, Nick! | 尼克,我流血 |
[53:18] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为何不告诉我 |
[53:21] | Cos I was waiting till I was sure! | 我想先验证… |
[53:24] | – You’re not angry with me, are you? – Of course I’m not angry, my love. | 你不会嬲我吧 亲爱的,当然不会 |
[53:28] | – You want the baby, don’t you? – I really want the baby. | 尼克,你要孩子,对吗 |
[53:31] | I want lots and lots of babies. All right? | 当然,我还要很多孩子呢 |
[53:49] | Your wife is OK… | 你的妻子没事了 |
[53:52] | I’m afraid she’s lost the baby. | 但孩子没有了, |
[53:55] | I’m sorry. | 真可惜 |
[54:12] | That was the turning point. | 那次成为转折点 |
[54:14] | That was when I decided I couldn’t stand around any longer… | 我开始不能再承受压力 |
[54:18] | …hoping the market would move in my favour. | 希望市场跟我的意向走 |
[54:21] | I was gonna have to make it move. | 我要令这个实现 |
[54:23] | I didn’t care how much money it took. | 花多少钱也不计 |
[54:26] | I was gonna go for broke. | 这人为公司成为全球… |
[54:30] | The man is single-handedly generating a fifth of the group’s worldwide profits! | 第五位赚钱的机构 |
[54:35] | I know. But $30 million in margin payments? For one day’s trading? | 我知道… 但一天内动用三千万元支付�I展 |
[54:40] | You don’t seem to understand. The volumes are enormous! | 不,你不明白,这是小意思 |
[54:43] | Nick’s guy is the biggest player on SIMEX! | 尼克是新加坡市场最大的玩家 |
[54:51] | – Hello? – Nick. | 喂 尼克,我是佩达 |
[54:52] | It’s Brenda. | 喂 尼克,我是佩达 |
[54:55] | Listen, buddy. This is putting a terrible strain on our borrowing. | 我们的财政拍档收紧我们的贷款 |
[54:59] | Tony Hawes is all over me about your cash calls. | 东尼贺斯要查你的现金流量 |
[55:02] | I hear you. But London is the cash cow for the business here. | 是,我正在听 但伦敦和这里不同 |
[55:05] | We just don’t have access to any other funds. | 我们没有资金来源 |
[55:10] | If you keep hassling me I’ve a good mind to stop trading. | 若你再骚扰我 我宁愿停止交易 |
[55:15] | No, no, Nick. It’s OK. Listen… | 不要,好吧,没事了… |
[55:17] | Just get back to me with some meaningful figures, OK? | 那么给我一些数据吧 |
[55:21] | Fuck off. | 滚开 |
[55:30] | Hello? | 喂… |
[55:32] | Thank goodness I caught you. I know Brenda’s giving you a hard time… | 尼克,幸好找到你 我知佩达难为你 |
[55:36] | I don’t think any of you understand how it works out here. | 你们不懂这里的运作 |
[55:39] | You may be right, mate. Anyway, consider it sorted. | 你说得对… |
[55:42] | But you are gonna have to start reducing these positions. | 但你可否减少交易数量 |
[55:45] | Well, Ron, I’ll see what I can do, all right? | 朗,我尽力吧,好吗 |
[55:48] | While I’ve got you, about your bonus… | 还有…有关你的花红 |
[55:51] | The budget’s tight. Though you’ve been exceptional there’s not much to go round. | 现时财政紧缩,知你很出色 所以别期望太大 |
[55:55] | I thought we had a record year! | 今年不是赚大钱吗 |
[55:57] | Yeah. That said, I’ve put in a special plea to Peter and he’s agreed to go up to 350. | 对 所以他愿意给三十五万元花红 |
[56:02] | 350? That’s ridiculous! | 三十五万?真是荒谬 |
[56:04] | I’m really pushing out the boat for you, mate. | 我已经为你尽力争取 |
[56:07] | I’m busting my balls here. I made us the top house in SIMEX. | 我很努力工作 |
[56:10] | We even got that award for all the business we’re doing! | 我是市场最出色经纪 还因此得到奖项 |
[56:13] | Yeah, I know that, Nick. | 这点我知 |
[56:15] | Look, I’ll see what I can do. | 我尽力吧 |
[56:18] | I’ll see if it can’t start with a four, eh? | 看我能够争取四十万 |
[56:22] | That was their opening offer. | 看我能够争取四十万 |
[56:24] | He’d have thought something was wrong if I’d accepted it straight away. | 若以为我会接受 便错了 |
[56:29] | Yeah, it’s like winning the lottery. | 对,像中六合彩嘛 |
[56:31] | They must think the world of you. | 他们应答谢你呢 |
[56:39] | What’s the matter, Lisa? | 丽莎,怎么了 |
[56:41] | What do you think’s the bloody matter, Nick? | 尼克,你以为什么 |
[56:44] | Everything’s changed! | 一切都改变了 |
[56:46] | I just wanna go home. Get the hell out of here and go home. | 我想回家,想离开这里 |
[56:50] | But… you wanted to come back. What about the bonus? | 你想回来,还说为花红 |
[56:53] | Well, can’t you get the bonus in London? | 在伦敦拿到花红吗 |
[56:56] | Please, Nick! I wanna get on with my life. | 尼克,我想重头开始 |
[56:58] | I wanna start a family. I’m going stir-crazy here all on my own! | 建立家庭 离开这令人疯癫的地方 |
[57:02] | Calm down. Look, I just need a bit more time to sort things out, turn things around. | 好吧,冷静点,慢慢来… |
[57:07] | No! You’re up at dawn and then you come back at night and collapse into bed… | 你早出晚归,回来时倦极了 |
[57:12] | How am I meant to get pregnant again if we never make love? | 我们不干怎再次怀孕 |
[57:15] | I know. But this could set us up for life! | 我知,会影响我们生活 |
[57:19] | – When’s bonus day? – 24th of February. Just five weeks to go. | 何时取得花红? 二月二十四,还有五周 |
[57:24] | Right, we’re gonna leave on the 25th. | 好吧,我们二十五号离开 |
[57:27] | I mean it. I’m calling the furniture removers tomorrow. | 我叫搬运公司来收拾 |
[57:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[57:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[57:36] | With everything else closing in on me, I’d forgotten about the mooning charge. | 无论任何事我要熬下去 |
[57:40] | When it finally came up, I was facing a possible jail sentence. | 因为上到法庭我可能要坐牢 |
[57:51] | The charge has been reduced to a misdemeanour. | 控罪减为行为不检 |
[57:54] | The maximum penalty is a $200 fine. I think we should plead guilty. | 最高罚款是二百元 我们应该认罪 |
[57:58] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 谢谢 |
[58:00] | It was uncanny. I’d got away with it again! | 真够运,又再逃过大难 |
[58:03] | To the Singapore legal system, a shining example to the free world! | 为新加皮司法干杯 为自由世界干杯 |
[58:07] | We bared our all for Barings. | 为霸菱而喝采 |
[58:10] | Bearer bonds takes on a whole new meaning after this! | 我们的债权人松口气了 |
[58:15] | Talk about a bear market! Hello? Mooners Anonymous. | 你说得对 喂?情况怎样 |
[58:18] | This is Wei Wei from Coopers & Lybrand. Is that Nick? | 高柏来班公司的维维 尼克吗 |
[58:21] | Speaking. | 对 |
[58:22] | I’m compiling the end-of-year audit. There seems to be a big hole in the accounts. | 我核对年结时发现有数目不符 |
[58:27] | I’m missing the 7.78 billion yen… | 新加坡股票市场少点我 |
[58:30] | …receivable from SIMEX. | 七十七亿八千万日圆 |
[58:36] | Nick, can you hear me? | 尼克,你听到吗 |
[58:38] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧 |
[58:41] | It’s a little complicated. What do you need? | 情况有点复杂,想怎样? |
[58:44] | I can’t find any paperwork. | 我找不到文件 |
[58:47] | It was an over-the-counter trade between Speer, Leads and Kellagg… | 这是嘉诺和伦敦霸菱的交易 |
[58:51] | …and Barings London. It fell through the computer system. | 所以没记在电脑 我和电脑的经理 |
[58:54] | I’ll have a word with the systems manager. | 商讨后再找你 |
[58:56] | I need three bits of paper. | 我要三方面文件 |
[58:58] | One: confirmation from SLK that the 7.78 billion yen will be paid. | 第一是嘉诺证明文件 显示支付那七十七亿八千万 |
[59:02] | Two: sight of your bank balance to show it’s been received. | 第二是你们的银行结算 显示接收了 |
[59:05] | And three: a note from Ron Baker saying he’s aware of the deal and approves it. | 第三是朗伯嘉的证明信 表示他知这交易 |
[59:13] | Well? | 怎样? |
[59:15] | Oh, it’s just a computer glitch. | 没什么,电脑出错 |
[59:17] | They’re doing their annual audit. | 他们进行结算 |
[1:00:40] | And so, with scissors and paste, I created $78 million out of thin air. | 将会支付七十七亿八千万日圆 利用剪贴便创造了 |
[1:00:46] | This was forgery, pure and simple,… | 伪造过程非常简单 |
[1:00:50] | …and there was no going back. | 迫我走到不归路 |
[1:00:52] | – Nick! – Simon. | 尼克 |
[1:00:54] | Jesus, you almost gave me a heart attack! | 辛逊,你把我吓倒 |
[1:00:56] | – What’s this missing seven billion yen? – Oh, that’s a nightmare. | 为何会损失七十亿日圆 那是个噩梦… |
[1:01:00] | It’s an OTC trade that was incorrectly booked. | 上月的结算纪录错误 |
[1:01:03] | The auditors are really on my case about it. | 核数师因这问题找我 |
[1:01:05] | It’s a pain in the arse, but we’ve got to get it sorted. | 我们要尽快纠正错误 |
[1:01:08] | The point is, we’re owed the money by SLK. | 问题是欠SLK款项 |
[1:01:11] | Who the hell are SLK? | 谁是SLK? |
[1:01:12] | Speer, Leads and Kellagg. It’s a brokerage house. | 是嘉诺股票行 |
[1:01:15] | Better send me a memo as soon as. Get these auditors off my back. | 给我内部报告 要尽快解决 |
[1:01:19] | Sure, Simon. Don’t worry, I’m onto it. | 当然,放心,我会处理 |
[1:01:28] | Bonnie, it’s Nick. Listen. Listen very carefully. | 邦妮,我是尼克 留心听我说 |
[1:01:32] | Transfer 7.78 billion yen from the client account to the house account tomorrow. | 从客户中取七十七亿八千万日圆 转到公司的户口内 |
[1:01:37] | But it won’t go! | 但资金不足怎进行交易 |
[1:01:39] | There isn’t enough money. | 但资金不足怎进行交易 |
[1:01:41] | I know that, but then you can reverse it. It’s just an electronic transaction. | 我知,但可以立刻转回去 |
[1:01:45] | But I want the transfer done. And I want the bank… | 只是电子交易 我需要进行 |
[1:01:48] | …to send us a fax of the statement, showing the 7.78 billion yen credit. | 要在银行月结上 看到这宗交易 |
[1:01:55] | All right, Nick. If you say so. | 好的,尼克,就这样办 |
[1:01:57] | Cheers, Bonnie. | 谢谢你 |
[1:02:00] | Nick? | 尼克 |
[1:02:02] | What’s all this about seven billion yen? | 那七十亿怎么了? |
[1:02:05] | Someone from London, Tony Hawes, was looking for you. | 有个叫东尼的人从伦敦来电找你 |
[1:02:08] | Jesus Christ, if I hear any more about this seven billion yen… | 我不想再听到这七十亿元的事 |
[1:02:11] | It’s about $70 million, innit? | 这是天文数字 |
[1:02:13] | What do you reckon? Red or blue? | 怎么了?蓝或红 |
[1:02:15] | You think I just walked off with $70 million? | 以为我盗取这七十亿 |
[1:02:18] | I didn’t say that. | 我没说 |
[1:02:20] | It’s a computer error. | 是电脑出错 |
[1:02:22] | You need someone in the back office, I told you. You’re not bloomin’ Superman! | 需要人协助文职工作 说过你不是超人 |
[1:02:27] | Don’t start all that again. | 丽莎,别吵架 |
[1:02:29] | It wouldn’t have happened if I’d been there. | 若我在可以帮助你 |
[1:02:31] | Right. I’m goin’ out. | 对,我出去 |
[1:02:36] | If anyone calls, tell ’em I’ve gone to South America. | 有人找我,说我在南美洲 |
[1:02:39] | Well, you can bloody stay there, then! | 你别回来好了 |
[1:02:42] | Twat! | 该死的 |
[1:03:25] | What have you done now, Leeson? | 利森,干什么 |
[1:03:28] | What have you done now? | 你到底干了什么 |
[1:03:48] | Come in. | 进来 |
[1:03:57] | I thought you’d like to know the audit’s been cleared. | 核数工作完成了 |
[1:04:00] | – Nick sent the papers. Everyone’s happy. – Thanks, Ron. | 尼克把文件交了 他们很满意 谢谢 |
[1:04:04] | Technically we’ve breached SIMEX rules, but it was just a non-transaction. | 技术上是违反 新加坡市场规例 |
[1:04:08] | With any luck… | 但基本上没有进行过交易 |
[1:04:10] | …the auditors won’t mention it, or we may have problems with the local regulator. | 希望核数师不会提到这点 否则监察机构会找麻烦 |
[1:04:15] | Sounds sensible. | 言之有理 |
[1:04:17] | Do you know, Nick made $10 million doing arbitrage in a week? | 知道尼克一周内赚到一千万吗 |
[1:04:22] | That’s about… half a billion dollars a year. | 一年便有五亿 |
[1:04:25] | The guy’s a turbo arbitrageur! | 他是钞票印刷机 |
[1:04:27] | If he’s doing that amount of business for that amount of profit,… | 以他赚钱的速度 |
[1:04:31] | …why don’t we shut down the rest of the bank? We’re just overhead. | 为何不索性把银行关掉了 连运作也省却 |
[1:04:35] | Yeah! | 对 |
[1:04:46] | – Hello? – Nick,… | 尼克 |
[1:04:48] | …are you avoiding me? I’ve been trying you for days. | 你在逃避我吗?找你多天 |
[1:04:51] | Sorry, Tony, it’s been chaos. | 东尼,对不起,我们忙于核数 |
[1:04:53] | The audit went through. I thought you knew. | 东尼,对不起,我们忙于核数 |
[1:04:56] | – It’s this SLK thing. – It’s all been cleared up. | 是SLK的事 已经查清楚 |
[1:04:59] | I know. What’s bothering me is where you got all the money to actually… | 我知道 你如何有钱支付给SLK |
[1:05:04] | …well, pay SLK in the first place. | 你如何有钱支付给SLK |
[1:05:06] | I mean, it’s the equivalent of $78 million! | 总数共七千八百万元呢 |
[1:05:09] | It doesn’t add up, you know. | 这项数目不对 |
[1:05:12] | It’s obvious. It’s part of the funding we’ve had from you over the past few weeks. | 东尼,钱是你数星期批给我们的 |
[1:05:17] | Yes. | 是 全数我会汇回给你 |
[1:05:18] | So, the same figure will flow back to you. | 是 全数我会汇回给你 |
[1:05:21] | I see. You’re saying that some of the funding was used to pay SLK? | 我明白 你是说那些钱一向都给SLK吗 |
[1:05:26] | That’s right, Tony. So we’ll be able to pay it back to you. | 对,所以我们有能力还款给你 |
[1:05:29] | That’ll be good. Er… getting our funding down will be good. | 很好 请尽快把钱交给我们 |
[1:05:33] | I’m having to juggle quite a few balls. | 我还要处理其他问题 |
[1:05:35] | We all are, Tony. Look, I’ve got to dash. | 我们也是,东尼,信我 |
[1:05:37] | I’ve got company for dinner. | 要挂线了,我要参加公司晚宴 |
[1:05:39] | Of course. Thanks, Nick. | 尼克,谢谢你把事情交待清楚 |
[1:05:42] | Thanks for… clearing that up. | 尼克,谢谢你把事情交待清楚 |
[1:05:51] | Yes, Ron. What do you want? | 朗,你想怎样 |
[1:05:53] | It’s me, you wanker! Danny. | 怎么了,我是丹尼 |
[1:05:55] | Bubble? What are you doing calling me in the middle of the night? | 是“吹波” 这么晚找我有什么事 |
[1:05:59] | Are you anywhere near a TV? | 你附近有电视吗 |
[1:06:01] | I suggest you tune in to CNN. | 快看美国有线新闻 |
[1:06:08] | The worst damage was in the seaport of Kobe. | 神户海港所受的破坏最严重 |
[1:06:11] | Road and rail links are shattered… | 道路及铁路糟破坏 |
[1:06:14] | Jesus, an earthquake! That’s all we fuckin’ need. | 房屋倒塌,多处起火 该死,是地震 |
[1:06:19] | This is gonna kill the market, man. | 市场一定受到影响 |
[1:06:21] | The Nikkei’s gonna fall through the fuckin’ floor! | 日经指数大幅下泻 |
[1:06:24] | …milling around in search of help. | 日经指数大幅下泻 |
[1:06:57] | Market’s down 300 points, you stand there cool as a fuckin’ cucumber. | 股市下跌三百点,我们有难了 |
[1:07:00] | The way I see it, it’s an opportunity. | “吹波” ,我认为是机会 |
[1:07:03] | I’m gonna buy into the market. Buy it all the way back up to 19,000. | 我要趁低入市 很快股市回升至千九点 |
[1:07:12] | Fuckin’ true what they say about your gonads, mate. | 你的眼光真准 |
[1:07:16] | See what I mean? | 看到了吧 |
[1:07:19] | Think I’ll give Fernando a bell in Tokyo, see what’s shakin’. No pun intended. | 我致东京的法兰度 看情况怎样 应不会摇动 |
[1:07:23] | It’s Nick. What’s the situation in Kobe? | 法兰度,神户的情况怎样 |
[1:07:26] | We’ve been trying to contact our friends, but the lines are down. | 我们无法联络那里的朋友 |
[1:07:30] | Hold it a second. We got movement. | 尼克,我们这边有变 |
[1:07:32] | Holy shit, selling! There’s some selling! | 有人大手沽货 |
[1:07:36] | Fuckin’ hell, it’s in free fall! | 股市大泻 |
[1:07:38] | I’ve never seen it move so fast. | 从没见过市场下跌这么快 |
[1:07:41] | 350! 350! | 三百五十… |
[1:07:44] | 350! | 三百五十… |
[1:07:57] | Nick? | 尼克 |
[1:07:59] | Sure you don’t want us to stay? | 不要我们留下吗 |
[1:08:03] | No, I… I’m fine. You go. | 不,我没事,回去吧 |
[1:08:05] | You’ll make it right, Nick. | 你会熬过的 |
[1:08:08] | We all believe in you. | 我们对你有信心 |
[1:08:43] | 50 million! | 五千万 |
[1:08:49] | I,… | 我…尼克利森 |
[1:08:50] | …Nicholas Leeson,… | 我…尼克利森 |
[1:08:53] | …have lost… | 在一天内损失了五千万英镑 |
[1:08:55] | …50 million quid… | 在一天内损失了五千万英镑 |
[1:08:58] | …in one day! | 在一天内损失了五千万英镑 |
[1:09:05] | What does he do, exactly? | 他干了什么 |
[1:09:07] | That’s what no one seems able to explain. | 那边无人向我解释 |
[1:09:09] | It’s simple. He switches contracts between Osaka and SIMEX,… | 很简单 将大阪和新加坡市场的合约对调 |
[1:09:13] | …exploiting price differentials between the two markets. | 看看两个市场的价格差距 |
[1:09:16] | That’s how he offers the best deals to our customers. | 然后用最好的价钱卖给顾客 |
[1:09:19] | If it’s that easy, why isn’t everybody doing it? | 这么简单为何没有人这样做 |
[1:09:22] | Because he’s absolutely in the vortex of the information curve over there. | 因他有内幕消息 |
[1:09:27] | He’s discovered a whole new way of making money. | 发现一项全新的赚钱大计 |
[1:09:30] | Well, he’s giving us horrendous funding problems, that’s all I know. | 我知我们的基金遇到难题 |
[1:09:36] | He doesn’t do things by the book, Ron. He just doesn’t respect the rules. | 他不按规条办事,不遵守规例 |
[1:09:40] | Is he really the kind of person we should be employing at Barings? | 霸菱银行要聘请这样的人吗 |
[1:09:44] | Oh, fuck the rules. It’s barrow boys like Nick who are turning the City around. | 东尼,别管规条 像尼克这小子才能令伦敦反转 |
[1:09:49] | You can’t run a modern financial centre with a bunch of Hooray Henries. | 但我们不能像他管理现代的财经 |
[1:09:58] | Bastard! | 混旦 |
[1:09:59] | Wakey-wakey! | 华基 你仍在买卖吗 |
[1:10:02] | – What’s the action, mate? – You tell me. | 华基 你仍在买卖吗 情况怎样 |
[1:10:04] | The market’s up and down like a tart’s knickers. | 天晓得,市场波幅不定 |
[1:10:07] | – I think the worst is over. – Who knows? You could be right. | 我猜最坏的情况已过了 或许是吧 |
[1:10:11] | Well, that’s my hunch anyway. | 我相信我的想法 |
[1:10:13] | Listen, I was out last night with that Loy. | 我昨晚和路透社记者莱外出 |
[1:10:15] | You know, that journo from Reuters. | 我昨晚和路透社记者莱外出 |
[1:10:17] | He’s convinced there’s no mystery customer. | 他相信你没有神秘顾客了 |
[1:10:20] | He reckons it’s you. He thinks you’re trading on your own account. | 他们相信那是你 他猜你在没合约下为自己作买卖 |
[1:10:24] | Without the bank’s approval. | 他猜你在没合约下为自己作买卖 |
[1:10:28] | Now, you’re not that crazy, are you? | 这不是真的吧 你认为呢 |
[1:10:30] | What do you think? | 这不是真的吧 你认为呢 |
[1:10:32] | Who, then? Beaumarchais? I thought he’d given you the elbow. | 若是真的,那班老鬼必定杀了你 |
[1:10:35] | – I can’t tell you. – Come on. It’s me, Danny Boy! | 这是秘密 来吧,我是自己人 |
[1:10:39] | I could tell you… but I’d have to shoot you afterwards. | 我可告诉你,但之后要杀你灭口 |
[1:10:45] | I know one thing. If Customer X didn’t exist,… | 若顾客X不存在,你便要创造他 |
[1:10:48] | …you’d have to invent him. | 若顾客X不存在,你便要创造他 |
[1:10:52] | 45 million? You’ve already had 100 this week. | 四千五百万?本周已调动一亿 |
[1:10:55] | Everybody’s had an advance margin call from SIMEX on their client positions. | 每位新加坡股市的顾客 接到期指的通知电话 |
[1:10:59] | They’re worried about stability with these big movements. | 他们担心股市波动会影响市场 |
[1:11:02] | It’s an emergency measure? | 这是紧急情况吗 对 |
[1:11:06] | Isn’t everybody squealing out there? | 各人都沽售出货吗 |
[1:11:08] | No, we’ll get it back when the market calms down. | 待市场转好后会再入货 |
[1:11:12] | Nick, when are you gonna reduce these positions? | 尼克,你会沽货吗 |
[1:11:15] | The bean counters are freakin’ out! | 财经管理公司的会计师很担心 |
[1:11:17] | Ron! Didn’t know you were there. | 朗,我不知你在这里 |
[1:11:20] | For fuck’s sake, we’ve had the Bank of International Settlements… | 我们的客户问霸菱能够支付 |
[1:11:23] | …asking if Barings can meet its margin payments! | �I展款项 任何差错都会影响公司形象 |
[1:11:26] | – It is not good for the image! – I hear you, Ron. It’s a tight market. | 朗,市场竞争激烈 |
[1:11:30] | Yeah, well, you’ve really gotta try. | 所以要尽力而为 |
[1:11:32] | Take a hit on it if you have to. | 别让客户损失 |
[1:11:34] | I know Norris is gonna want to discuss it with you when he’s out there next week. | 罗斯下周会和你商讨这个问题 |
[1:11:39] | Norris? | 罗斯 |
[1:11:41] | – I didn’t know he was coming. – Yeah, with Tony Hawes. | 我不知他来 他和东尼贺斯一起到 |
[1:11:44] | They want to check the numbers. Iron out these funding problems once and for all! | 他们要核数找出基金的问题 |
[1:11:54] | There was no way I could reduce my positions without the market collapsing. | 我不能在市场不下泻时削减欠款 |
[1:11:58] | By the time they got to Singapore I was in deeper than ever, faxing Brenda daily,… | 他们到新加坡时我已泥足深陷 |
[1:12:03] | …30, 40 million dollars at a time. | 每次亏损三、四千万元 |
[1:12:07] | They were gonna kill me. | 他们不会放过我 |
[1:12:32] | Lookin’ like shit, Nick. | 你看来糟透了 |
[1:12:35] | Lookin’ like fuckin’ shit, mate. | 你看来糟透了 |
[1:12:45] | – Good evening, sir. – Good evening. | 晚安 晚安 |
[1:12:58] | – Nick. There you are. – I’m sorry I’m a little bit late. | 尼克,你在这里 对不起,我迟了 |
[1:13:01] | – What’ll you have? – A beer would be great, thanks. | 很高兴见到你 你喝什么? 啤酒 |
[1:13:04] | Another Tiger, please. | 再来老虎啤 |
[1:13:06] | Nick… | 尼克 |
[1:13:10] | – How was the market today? – It stayed between 18,000 and 18,300. | 今天市场怎样 今在一千八百三十之间上落 |
[1:13:13] | It’s settled after the earthquake. | 地震发生后已经稳定下来 |
[1:13:15] | Happy with the positions you’re running? | 你手上的帐户还可以吗 |
[1:13:18] | I’m relaxed. They’re March contracts, so I’ll let them expire. | 它们都是主要客户的合约 可以待它们自动终结 |
[1:13:21] | – Good. – Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[1:13:25] | Now, we’ve had a lot of stick… over funding. | 我们有太多投资基金了 |
[1:13:28] | Brenda Granger tells me we’re borrowing all over Japan to get the funds to you. | 班迪说他们向日本公司… 借资金给你 |
[1:13:32] | People are beginning to talk, Nick. | 市场上开始有谣传了 |
[1:13:35] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:13:37] | I understand completely. | 我完全明白 |
[1:13:39] | Excellent. | 很好… |
[1:13:41] | Good man. | 很好 |
[1:13:45] | And that was it. That was apparently all he had to say on the subject… | 这么简单 他看来好像要揭穿我的秘密 |
[1:13:49] | …of my enormous exposure causing so many ulcers throughout Barings. | 这秘密足以令霸菱银行王国倾倒 |
[1:13:53] | Better than you get in London, that’s for sure! | 比伦敦情况更好 |
[1:13:56] | You’ll enjoy the next course. | 很快送上下一道菜式 |
[1:13:58] | – Lobster, sir? – No, thanks. I’m not very hungry. | 要龙虾吗 没有,我不太肚饿 |
[1:14:01] | I should have been able to relax after that,… | 办完事后 我可以好好休息 |
[1:14:04] | …but I couldn’t stop thinking about the losses in the five eights account. | 但我不停在想那个幸运户口 |
[1:14:08] | Shame you can’t stay for the match on Saturday. | 真可惜,你不能欣赏周六的比赛 |
[1:14:16] | You’re down for 450, aren’t you? | 你有四百五十万元花红 |
[1:14:20] | Your bonus. | 你的偿金?只剩下周时间 |
[1:14:22] | Only a week to go. | 你的偿金?只剩下周时间 |
[1:14:26] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[1:14:27] | Have you thought about what you’re going to do with it? Only a week to go! | 只剩下一周时间给你想 |
[1:14:36] | Ahem! Excuse me. I have an announcement to make. | 各位,我有要事宣布 |
[1:14:42] | I know that some of you are worried about our exposure in the market,… | 我明白你们担心近期的炒卖活动 |
[1:14:46] | …and you’re probably wondering about the identity of our mystery Customer X. | 你们也对我们神秘X客户很好奇 |
[1:14:52] | Well, the fact is… | 事实上…他并不存在 |
[1:14:54] | …he doesn’t exist. | 事实上…他并不存在 |
[1:14:57] | We are the customer: Barings. | 霸菱就那个神秘客户 |
[1:14:59] | Look properly at the five eights account – | 你仔细看看五个八的户口 |
[1:15:02] | …which is not a client account, it’s an errors account – | 发现那是个错误户口 |
[1:15:05] | …and you’ll realise it’s concealing losses in the region of 200 million. | 用来掩饰亚洲区内 二亿英镑的损失 |
[1:15:10] | No, I tell a lie. It’s more like 230 after today! | 我说谎 到今天损失不止这个数 |
[1:15:25] | What are you going to do with all that money, Nick? | 你怎样用那笔钱 |
[1:15:36] | Well, I won’t spend it on futures and options! | 我不会用来投资期货和期权 |
[1:15:42] | – That’s very good. – Very good. | 很好 很好 |
[1:15:51] | I was living from day to day, hoping for a miracle. | 我每天都望天打挂 希望奇迹出现 |
[1:15:56] | I wasn’t running a position any more. The position was running me. | 我不能控制市场,但被市场控制 |
[1:16:01] | Man, look at the state you’re in. You got the bloody shakes! | 你看来很疲乏,昨晚玩得很晚吗 |
[1:16:04] | – You been on the razz all night? – Nah. | 你看来很疲乏,昨晚玩得很晚吗 |
[1:16:07] | – I’m just getting killed by the market. – Tell me about it! | 这个股市差点把我害死 为什么 |
[1:16:10] | I’ve had a shitty week too. | 今个星期并不易过 |
[1:16:15] | Penguin? You lucky sod! | 你搞什么 |
[1:16:18] | Do you know how rare they are? | 你知他们多疯狂吗 |
[1:16:20] | Do you know? | 你知他们多疯狂吗 |
[1:16:26] | – It ain’t that bloody funny! – Lucky Leeson! | 我不是开玩笑 你真够运 |
[1:16:29] | You have it. I’m not laughing at you, Bubble. | “吹波” ,我不是取笑你 |
[1:16:34] | Fuck! Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:16:37] | ‘Ey-ey-ey-ey-ey! You really are in a bad way, ain’t ya? | 你的情况真不妙吗 |
[1:16:41] | What’s the matter? | 什么事 |
[1:16:46] | I have an unauthorised position. | 我干了非法的交易 |
[1:16:52] | Fuckin’ hell. | 该死,数目多大 |
[1:16:55] | How big? | 该死,数目多大 |
[1:16:57] | Big enough to be a problem. | 很棘手 真可怜 |
[1:17:01] | Poor bastard! | 很棘手 真可怜 |
[1:17:03] | I can’t say it comes as a complete surprise. | 不过我早料到, |
[1:17:06] | – Does Lisa know? – No, she’d kill me. | 丽莎知吗 不,否则她会杀了我 |
[1:17:09] | She’s got enough on her plate. She’s just waiting for my bonus so we can go home! | 真可怜,这对她是双重打击 她望我能取得花红然后回老家 |
[1:17:13] | So what are you gonna do? | 你打算怎样 |
[1:17:17] | Well… I just have to keep buying futures to support the market. | 我要继续买期货直至补仓成功 |
[1:17:22] | If it sticks at 18,000, my options are still in the money… | 若指数维持在一万八千点 |
[1:17:25] | I could get the position back. | 我有期权在手定会取回控制权 |
[1:17:27] | – I may even come out ahead. – Nick… | 可能会赚钱 |
[1:17:30] | You listen to me now, right. | 听我说…别和市场斗气 |
[1:17:32] | You don’t fight the market, man. | 听我说…别和市场斗气 |
[1:17:34] | Even if you can make the margin calls, what happens when the contracts expire? | 即使你投资�I展若合约完结怎办 |
[1:17:38] | The way the market’s going, your losses could be catastrophic! | 到时你更泥足深陷 |
[1:18:07] | Five for a thousand, five for a thousand! Come on! | 一千放五手… |
[1:18:10] | George, move this fuckin’ market! If it stays below 18,000 we’re dead! | 佐治,快令股市上升 停留一万八千点以下便无法翻身 |
[1:18:42] | Nick. | 尼克 |
[1:18:47] | Nick, I really need to go over some of the figures with you. | 东尼 尼克,我要和你核对帐目 |
[1:18:51] | Sure, Tony. | 可以 |
[1:18:57] | Back in a minute. | 很快回来 |
[1:19:02] | Seven for five! Seven for five! | 股市急泻,我无能为力… |
[1:19:11] | I’m sorry. Money! | 对不起… |
[1:20:00] | I’d thrown away countless more millions, and it hadn’t made a dent. | 再损失金钱但始终未能扭转局面 |
[1:20:04] | I was only one day from bonus day, but the game was up. | 还有一天要发花红 但游戏继续, |
[1:20:09] | I was beaten. | 我战败了 |
[1:20:48] | Oh, Nick, you’re a bloody fool, aren’t you? | 尼克,你真笨 |
[1:20:52] | Well, it’s not the end of the world. You’ve got your health, you’ve got me… | 不是世界末日,你有健康有我 |
[1:20:57] | Shame about the bonus. | 可惜花红没有了 |
[1:20:59] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:21:01] | Slow down. The video shop’s on the next left. | 把车慢下来,商铺就在邻近的铺位 |
[1:21:04] | – I wanna get our deposit back. – Right. | 我要取回按金 好吧 |
[1:21:06] | We’re gonna need it, darlin’. | 我们要这个 |
[1:21:23] | – Hello? – The positions have got bigger! | 尼克,情况越来越不妙 |
[1:21:26] | If they aren’t reduced I’m coming out there to sort you out! | 若它们还没改善我要对付你 |
[1:21:29] | – You’re very faint, Ron. – And what’s this rumour I hear? | 朗,你真不够运 |
[1:21:33] | There’s a rumour that we’re the customer. | 听到传言说我们就是那个顾客 |
[1:21:35] | Sorry, you’re gonna have to speak up. | 对不起,你要大声点 |
[1:21:37] | Tell me we’re not the customer, Nick. | 说我们不是那个顾客吧 |
[1:21:40] | – I’m losing you, Ron. – Nick! Nick, are you there? | 这里接收很差 尼克,你还在吗 |
[1:21:43] | Goodbye, Ron. | 朗,再见了 |
[1:21:48] | They wouldn’t give me the full 200, but I stood my ground and got 180. | 我坚持要退回按金 他们只发还180元给我 |
[1:21:51] | Good girl. | 干得好 |
[1:21:57] | Nick…! | 尼克 |
[1:22:27] | Excuse me, sir. There’s a phone call for you. | 先生,请听电话 现在不能 |
[1:22:30] | – Not now. – It’s Peter Norris. He said it’s urgent. | 是彼得罗斯先生,他说有事 |
[1:22:33] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:22:34] | Would you excuse me? | 失陪 |
[1:22:47] | Peter? | 彼得? |
[1:22:48] | I’m sorry to drag you away from your dinner party. | 对不起,打扰你的派对 |
[1:22:52] | I’m afraid I’ve got some rather bad news. | 我有坏消息 |
[1:22:57] | By the time the shit hit the proverbial fan in London we’d escaped Singapore… | 当事情在伦敦曝光后 |
[1:23:02] | …to ponder the future and consider my options. | 我们已逃离新加坡 |
[1:23:05] | If I had any. | 我已别无选择 |
[1:23:07] | What’s gonna happen, Nick? | 尼克,以后怎样 |
[1:23:10] | They must have got my fax and closed down all the positions on Friday. | 应该收到我的传真在周五时停牌 |
[1:23:14] | The market seems to be holding up OK. | 市场的反应还支持得住 |
[1:23:16] | But you’re definitely out of a job? | 但你一定会被辞退 |
[1:23:21] | It could have been a lot worse, but I still lost them a ton of money. | 继续令他们损失金钱就不堪设想 |
[1:23:27] | I’m starving! Think they do burgers here? | 我很肚饿,你猜他们有汉堡包吗 |
[1:23:30] | No! You’re not having a burger. | 不准吃汉堡包,你的肚腩令我恶心 |
[1:23:38] | I’ll work it off in the gym. | 我会去健身 |
[1:23:42] | Better still… | 别动… |
[1:24:00] | Jesus Christ, Lisa! | 丽莎 |
[1:24:03] | – Barings has gone bust! – What?! | 霸菱银行倒闭了 什么 |
[1:24:08] | The Chancellor of the Exchequer is trying to calm fears… | 主席加尼克 |
[1:24:11] | …sparked by the failure of Barings Bank. In a statement to Parliament… | 尽力安抚受今次影响的人士 |
[1:24:15] | …he denied reports that the British banking system is about to collapse. | 国会发表声明 否认英国银行体系将会倒闭 |
[1:24:18] | According to him, Barings’ failure is a unique situation,… | 他说霸菱银行的情况特殊 |
[1:24:22] | …which he blames on the actions of a rogue trader in Singapore. | 是因新加坡股票经纪所拖累 |
[1:24:26] | Estimates of potential losses range from 800 million to over one billion pounds. | 估计损失八亿至超过十亿 |
[1:24:32] | There’s no way of knowing how markets will react when they reopen on Monday. | 现在还不能预计周一开市的反应 |
[1:24:36] | As the Bank of England tries to put together a rescue package,… | 英国银行会推出挽救计划 |
[1:24:39] | …with the Sultan of Brunei rumoured as a buyer, time may be running out… | 传闻缅甸的苏丹会出手帮助 |
[1:24:44] | …for one of Britain’s most venerable financial institutions. | 但时间无多 我是美国有线新闻记者 |
[1:24:47] | Charles Samson, CNN, London. | 查理斯森逊在伦敦报导 |
[1:24:50] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[1:25:00] | How could you not tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[1:25:02] | How could you have kept it hidden for all this time, Nick? | 你一直守口如瓶 |
[1:25:08] | You must have been through hell! | 你一定很难受 |
[1:25:10] | You would have marched me straight into Simon Jones’s office. | 你一定叫我去自首 |
[1:25:14] | – Too bloody right! – Then I’d have got fired,… | 然后我会被辞退,没有翻身余地 |
[1:25:16] | …and I couldn’t have made the money back. That’s all I was gonna do. | 然后我会被辞退,没有翻身余地 |
[1:25:20] | No, but you were gambling. | 但你在赌博 |
[1:25:22] | That’s what you were doing. With other people’s money. | 这根本就是我们的工作 |
[1:25:27] | I didn’t want to let everyone down. | 我不想令人失望 |
[1:25:31] | You, my dad, the girls in the office… | 你、我爸爸和公司内的女职员 |
[1:25:37] | Even Ron bloody Baker! | 还有朗 |
[1:25:42] | Do you think they’re all gonna hate me now? | 他们一定很讨厌我 |
[1:25:45] | Well, I don’t think you’re gonna be Mr Popular! | 你当然不再受欢迎了 |
[1:25:51] | It could easily have been the other way, you know. | 人的命运瞬息转变,只差一点 |
[1:25:55] | It so nearly was. | 人的命运瞬息转变,只差一点 |
[1:25:58] | Then I’d be a hero. | 便成为英雄 |
[1:26:04] | Come here. Come here. | 过来 |
[1:26:10] | I still love ya. Mm? | 我仍爱你 |
[1:26:14] | – I love you very much. – I love you too. | 我非常爱你 我也是 |
[1:26:25] | Shall we see if I can do something about that belly? | 为你的肚腩做运动好吗 |
[1:26:28] | I see. Yes, I understand. | 我明白了 |
[1:26:32] | I see. Yes, I understand. | 我明白了 |
[1:26:34] | No, of course. | 不…当然了 |
[1:26:36] | Thank you again for your efforts. | 谢谢你的帮忙, |
[1:26:39] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:26:43] | That was the Sultan of Brunei’s office. They have decided not to proceed. | 是缅甸苏丹的来电 |
[1:26:47] | They believe the risks are too great and the time too short, in view of the need… | 他们认为时间仓促风险高 |
[1:26:51] | …to have a rescue package ready by the time markets open again in the Far East. | 不支持今次行动 他们无法在开市前准备文件 |
[1:26:56] | Is there really no one else? | 没其他方法吗 |
[1:26:58] | We’ve tried everyone. It’s hopeless. | 全部都试过了,没希望 |
[1:27:03] | I therefore have to inform you that Barings is insolvent… | 我要告诉大家,由于霸菱欠债 |
[1:27:07] | .,.and will go into immediate liquidation. | 将会进行清盘 |
[1:27:16] | Peter Barings has gone on TV and said there’s been a conspiracy. | 彼得霸菱接受电视访问 表示有谣传 |
[1:27:20] | They’ve lost 800 million quid! | 指他们损失八亿英镑 |
[1:27:22] | I lost nowhere near that. It was more like 300! | 我只亏损约三亿镑 |
[1:27:25] | But Barings didn’t do anything Friday. Now the word’s out, the market’s crashed. | 但霸菱在周五没采取行动 所以消息传开后令股市大跌 |
[1:27:29] | Bloody idiots! | 该死的 |
[1:27:31] | They think you’ve run off on your yacht. | 他们已查过你 |
[1:27:33] | – What?! – I know. But listen, mate. | 什么 |
[1:27:35] | You’ve got no friends here now, so just get the fuck out of Asia. | 你要尽快离开亚洲 |
[1:27:39] | Get back to London, Australia, anywhere. Just get out. | 回去澳洲或伦敦也好 |
[1:27:41] | We’re tryin’. | 我们在尝试 |
[1:27:43] | Oi, Nick… get yourself a good lawyer. | 还有,尼克,早点找个律师 |
[1:27:47] | – Be lucky. – Cheers, mate. | 祝你好运 谢谢 |
[1:27:49] | Flight 187 to Hong Kong… | 一八七号到香港的航机 |
[1:27:51] | …leaving from gate two. | 从二号入闸 |
[1:27:56] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[1:28:05] | There’s a manhunt all over Asia. They think we’re sailing around in our yacht! | 整个亚洲都通缉我 以为我们坐游艇到印度尼西亚 |
[1:28:09] | – What bloody yacht? – I know. What about the flights? | 什么 真荒谬,航机怎样 |
[1:28:13] | – There’s one to London. Via Singapore. – That’s no good. | 有班由新加坡飞回伦敦 不妙 |
[1:28:16] | There’s a flight to Frankfurt. Via Abu Dhabi. | 一班由阿布扎比到法兰克福 |
[1:28:19] | Let’s take it. | 乘坐那班 |
[1:28:20] | And Lisa… | 丽莎…付现金 |
[1:28:22] | Pay cash. | 丽莎…付现金 |
[1:29:13] | – Newspaper, sir? – No, thank you. | 看报章吗 不用了,谢谢 |
[1:29:15] | – Ma’am? – Er… no, thanks. | 小姐 不用了 |
[1:29:20] | Nick, take that thing off. | 尼克,把帽除下 我们会飞到三万七千尺上空 |
[1:29:22] | There’s a guy over there lookin’ at me. | 有个男人在看我们… |
[1:29:25] | I’m not surprised, with that bloody hat on! | 当然,你戴着这顶怪帽… |
[1:29:28] | Talk about conspicuous! You’re sticking out like a sore bloody thumb. | 你看来怪模怪样 |
[1:29:34] | Did you say we stop at Abu Dhabi? | 我们在阿布扎比停留吗 |
[1:29:38] | – That’s where they cut your hands off. – Oh, don’t be ridiculous! | 那里政府会把盗窃者的手砍下来 别说傻话 |
[1:29:43] | They just stone you. | 他们用石头掷罪犯 |
[1:29:46] | What? | 什么 |
[1:29:49] | I’m sorry, but you’ve gotta laugh! | 对不起,我只想你笑 |
[1:29:53] | Poor old Barings, eh? That’s what you get for hiring the wrong sort of person. | 可怜的霸菱,对吗 他们误聘人选 |
[1:30:12] | That was when it hit me – | 在我攻其不备时他们便来 |
[1:30:14] | …the enormity of what I’d done. | 在我攻其不备时他们便来 |
[1:30:17] | Whatever happened, I knew things were never gonna be the same again. | 无论发生什么已没法走回头路 |
[1:30:21] | And I’ve never felt lonelier in all my life. | 我从没感到如此孤寂 |
[1:30:33] | I love you, Lisa. | 丽莎,不论怎样,我爱你 |
[1:30:35] | Whatever happens, I love you. | 丽莎,不论怎样,我爱你 |
[1:30:38] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[1:30:41] | I’ve got to get back to London. | 我要回伦敦 |
[1:30:44] | I couldn’t stand being in jail in Singapore. I couldn’t stand it if I couldn’t see you. | 我不能在新加坡服刑 不能不见你 |
[1:30:54] | Jesus Christ, it’s the police! | 是警察 |
[1:30:56] | They must know I’m on the flight. | 他们知我在这里 不一定 |
[1:30:58] | Well… no, not necessarily. | 他们知我在这里 不一定 |
[1:31:01] | Due to our early arrival, passport control will take place as you leave the plane. | 由于航机提早到达 你们离开航机时被检查护照 |
[1:31:07] | Please have your documents ready. | 请准备好护照 |
[1:31:11] | See? | 丽莎,我很害怕 坚强点 |
[1:31:15] | I’m scared, Lisa! | 丽莎,我很害怕 坚强点 |
[1:31:19] | You be strong, OK? | 丽莎,我很害怕 坚强点 |
[1:31:29] | Danke. | 丽莎,我很害怕 坚强点 |
[1:31:31] | Pass, bitte. | 你好吗 |
[1:31:33] | Danke. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:31:38] | Please show your passport. | 请出示护照 |
[1:31:43] | Where is your man? | 你的丈夫呢 |
[1:31:47] | I’m her man. | 我就是 |
[1:32:10] | 250 bid on 100! 250 bid on 100! Come on! | 二百五十号放一百 |
[1:32:13] | Who wants some of that? 250 bid on 100! 250 bid on 100! Come on! | 有谁要货?二百五十号放一百二百五十号放一百 二百五十号放一百 |
[1:32:35] | And that’s it, more or less. That’s the end of my story. | 这就是我的故事 |
[1:32:41] | Barings was eventually sold to the Dutch bank ING for the princely sum of 1. | 霸菱终于被丹麦银行lNG收购 |
[1:32:48] | Lisa’s got a new life as a flight attendant for Virgin Atlantic. | 丽莎后来当上维珍妮亚航空空姐 |
[1:32:52] | I hear she’s got herself a new fella. | 听闻她有新男友 |
[1:32:56] | As for me, I fought unsuccessfully against extradition… | 而我就被由法兰克福 |
[1:32:59] | …from Frankfurt to Singapore on charges of fraud, forgery and breach of trust. | 引渡回新加坡 被控行骗,伪造文件及违反信托 |
[1:33:06] | I was sentenced to six and a half years in prison. | 被判入狱六年半 |
[1:33:10] | Despite rumours of secret bank accounts and hidden millions,… | 虽然谣传指我有秘密户口 |
[1:33:14] | …I did not profit personally from my unlawful trading. | 但我没有在非法交易中取得分文 |
[1:33:19] | To be absolutely honest,… | 坦白说我真希望我有这样做 |
[1:33:21] | …sometimes I wish I had. | 坦白说我真希望我有这样做 |