时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | – Jess, it’s this way. – Sorry. | -杰西 这边走 -抱歉 |
[00:19] | What time are you thinking for lunch? | 你想什么时候吃午饭 |
[00:20] | – One, maybe? – Okay. | -一点吧 -好的 |
[00:27] | Yeah? | 行吗 |
[00:28] | Yeah, I know, it looks just great. Love it. | 看起来挺好的 爱了 |
[00:38] | Hey. Here you go. Thanks. | 好的 谢了 |
[00:48] | Hi. Thanks. | 你好啊 谢谢 |
[00:49] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[00:54] | Quiet, please, everyone. | 各位 请安静一下 |
[00:56] | – Standby to roll, guys. – Okay. | -各位 准备开拍 -好的 |
[01:00] | Okay. That’s it. | 好了 |
[01:02] | Let’s get slate in. | 准备打板 |
[01:04] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[01:05] | And action! | 开始 |
[02:09] | Hey, I’m just gonna check on her. | 我刚准备问问她 |
[02:12] | I’ve never seen anything like it! | 我从来没见过这样的 |
[02:15] | Heavens above, Gromit! | 天哪 酷狗宝贝 |
[02:18] | Hi. I’m… I’m Mira. It’s nice to meet you. | 你好 我… 我是米拉 很高兴见到你 |
[02:20] | Nice to meet you too. I’m Danielle. | 你好 我是丹妮尔 |
[02:22] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[02:24] | Should we get started? | 那我们开始吧 |
[02:27] | Yeah. | 好 |
[02:35] | 第一幕 天真&惊恐 | |
[02:36] | So, Mira. | 那 米拉 |
[02:38] | I don’t know if you remember me from drop-off? | 不知道你还记不记得 在托管中心的时候 |
[02:41] | I babysit Iris and Sadie. | 我照顾过艾瑞斯和赛迪 |
[02:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[02:45] | – I’m not sure, I… – Right. | -我不太确定 我… -好吧 |
[02:47] | Well, I believe Jonathan told you | 想必乔纳森跟你说过一点 |
[02:49] | a bit about my study, in general? | 我的研究跟什么有关 |
[02:52] | Well, it’s for my PhD in Gender Studies and Psych | 是性别研究与心理学的博士学位 |
[02:55] | – at Tufts. – Okay. | -塔夫茨大学的 -好的 |
[02:56] | I’m looking at how evolving gender norms | 我想研究 不断发展的性别规范 |
[02:58] | – affect monogamous marriages. – Okay. | -是如何影响一夫一妻制婚姻的 -好的 |
[03:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:02] | So, to complete the formalities, just confirming your pronouns? | 按照规定 我先确认一下你们的人称代词 |
[03:06] | He, him, his. | 我用他 他 他的 |
[03:10] | – She… – She, her, hers. | -她… -她 她 她的 |
[03:15] | Great. Mine are she/her, too. | 不错 我也用她 她的 |
[03:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:20] | So, yeah. | 那好 |
[03:22] | The first question is pretty open, | 第一个问题是开放性的 |
[03:24] | it’s for either one of you. | 你们俩谁回答都可以 |
[03:26] | How would you define yourself? | 你们如何定义自己 |
[03:30] | – I dunno… – Define? Def… Like, describe? | -我不知道… -定义… 就是 描述吗 |
[03:33] | – Well, define. – Right. | -就是定义 -好吧 |
[03:35] | I’m… I’m actually interested in the… | 我… 其实对于… |
[03:38] | the elements… | 组成自我定义的元素… |
[03:40] | that constitute your self-definition. | 很感兴趣 |
[03:44] | The elements that constitute… | 组成的元素… |
[03:46] | – Go first. – Your self-definition. | -你先说 -关于自我定义 |
[03:48] | That’s… | 那… |
[03:52] | Well, you could think of it like this. | 你们可以这么想 |
[03:53] | What, attributes | 你身上 你觉得 |
[03:56] | couldn’t you imagine yourself without? | 难以割舍的属性是什么 |
[03:58] | That’s interesting. | 挺有意思 |
[04:00] | Okay. Let me think. | 让我想想 |
[04:02] | Actually, if it’s okay, | 说实话 如果你不介意的话 |
[04:03] | just say whatever comes to mind. | 想到什么说什么好了 |
[04:05] | Okay. I’m a man. | 好 我是个男人 |
[04:07] | I’m Jewish. | 是犹太人 |
[04:09] | That’s weird, right? | 有点奇怪 对吧 |
[04:11] | – That’s so weird. – That’s strange. | -太奇怪了 -是很奇怪 |
[04:13] | I went blank, that’s the first thing | 我大脑一片空白 最开始想到的是这个 |
[04:14] | – that came into my head. – Great, yes. | -脑子里只有这个 -很好 |
[04:16] | – That’s exactly the idea. – Yes. Right. Okay. | -这样就行了 -好的 |
[04:18] | I’m, a father to Ava… | 我是… 艾娃的父亲 |
[04:23] | who’s four years old, as you know. | 你认识她的 四岁大了 |
[04:25] | I’m an academic. | 我是名学者 |
[04:28] | I should’ve said that first, actually. | 我应该最先说这个的 |
[04:30] | It’s a big part of my self-definition. | 这是自我定义里很重要的一部分 |
[04:34] | I teach in the philosophy department at Tufts. | 我在塔夫茨大学教哲学 |
[04:39] | What else? I’m, 41. | 还有什么呢 我41岁了 |
[04:42] | – I’m a Democrat. – Yeah. | -我是民主党 -嗯 |
[04:45] | I’m an asthmatic. | 我有哮喘 |
[04:46] | You feel your asthma defines you? | 你觉得哮喘能定义你吗 |
[04:49] | – Yeah. – Really? | -对 -真的吗 |
[04:51] | Yeah. Well, if you go through your whole life | 是啊 如果回顾一生 |
[04:53] | threatened with the possibility of suffocating, then yeah, | 哮喘让我活在窒息的恐惧之下 那么 |
[04:55] | you know, it becomes part of your self-definition. | 它就是我自我定义的一部分 |
[04:59] | – Okay. – What? | -好的 -什么 |
[05:00] | No. Nothing, babe. It’s… it’s interesting. | 没什么 只是… 挺有意思的 |
[05:03] | – Really. – Is it? | -真的 -是吗 |
[05:04] | – Yes. – Okay. | -对 -好吧 |
[05:06] | Cool. | 好的 |
[05:08] | And Mira, how would you… | 米拉 你会怎么定义… |
[05:11] | Right. I… Okay. Me. | 是哦 我… |
[05:13] | I am a woman. | 我是女性 |
[05:15] | – I’m married. – Correct. | -我结婚了 -没错 |
[05:17] | I am a mother. | 我是一个母亲 |
[05:18] | I am 40. | 我40岁了 |
[05:20] | I… Not quite, but that’s definitely | 我… 没那么绝对 |
[05:22] | my self-definition, 40. | 但40岁绝对属于自我定义的一部分 |
[05:24] | I’m, in tech. | 我在科技领域工作 |
[05:28] | I’m, VP of product management at Horizon. | 是地平线的产品管理副总裁 |
[05:33] | I know that doesn’t mean much to most people, | 我知道这可能对大部分人来说没什么意义 |
[05:36] | – but, you know… – She’s a big shot. | -但是… -她可厉害了 |
[05:37] | – Trust me. – Yeah… | -相信我 -好的 |
[05:41] | Okay, what else? | 还有什么呢 |
[05:43] | I’m a mother, obviously. | 当然 我还是个母亲 |
[05:45] | You said that, don’t worry. | 你说过了 别紧张 |
[05:48] | Good. | 好的 |
[05:52] | Is that enough? | 够了吗 |
[05:57] | Unless there’s anything else you’d like to add? | 你还有什么想补充的吗 |
[05:59] | – No. I’m good. – Yeah. | -差不多了 -好的 |
[06:02] | I wonder, for instance, if you’d like to add something | 我在想 你愿不愿意再补充一些 |
[06:05] | about how you divide | 关于你们如何划分 |
[06:06] | household and caregiving responsibilities… | 家庭照料责任… |
[06:08] | – Right. Yes. – In that context? | -好的 -在前述问题的背景下 |
[06:11] | So, I forgot to mention she’s interested in couples | 我忘说了 她对女性作为主要经济来源的夫妻关系 |
[06:13] | where the woman is the primary provider. | 很有兴趣 |
[06:14] | Yeah. Well… | 其实… |
[06:17] | – Right? Is that… – Yeah, I wouldn’t exactly… | -是吗 这… -我其实… |
[06:19] | – put it that way, but it’s… – Yes. Sorry. | -并不是这样表达的 但是… -抱歉 |
[06:21] | I’m not… I’m not… I’m not trying to give away your thesis. | 我没有… 想泄露你论文主题的意思 |
[06:23] | That’s… that’s fine. | 没… 没事 |
[06:24] | Anyway, yes. So, for the most part, | 不过确实 大多数情况下 |
[06:26] | I do take care of Ava during the week. | 平时都是我在照顾艾娃 |
[06:28] | Well… | 那个… |
[06:30] | Well, being in academia, as you know, | 因为我在学术领域 |
[06:33] | I have very flexible hours and I can work from home. | 我的时间很灵活 也可以在家工作 |
[06:37] | Mira, she works long days and… | 米拉工作时间很长 而且… |
[06:39] | – has to travel for work. – And I make it up to them on the weekends. | -还要经常出差 -我会在周末陪他们 |
[06:41] | – Yeah, and you make it home for bedtime, when you can. – Yeah. | -你总是在他们睡觉了才回来 -是的 |
[06:45] | And has this always been your arrangement, in terms of childcare? | 在照顾孩子方面 你们一直是这样的吗 |
[06:48] | – Yeah, pretty much. – Well, yeah. I had… | -差不多吧… -我… |
[06:49] | Well, I had to take | 我得 |
[06:51] | – an extra-long maternity leave. – Yes. | -休一个加长的产假 -对 |
[06:53] | And, you know, I’m still paying for it at work. | 重回工作的时候我还是因此受到很多限制 |
[06:56] | Of course. Yeah. | 当然 |
[06:57] | And my company is going public later this year, | 我的公司今年下半年会上市 |
[06:59] | – so that’s why there’s so much extra travel. – Yeah, and it’s also, like, | -所以我才如此频繁出差 -而且 |
[07:01] | I’m not making a big, heroic sacrifice or anything. | 我也没有做出巨大牺牲什么的 |
[07:04] | – No. – We have our babysitter, Veronica, | -不是的 -我们也找了保姆 维罗妮卡 |
[07:05] | and she does extra hours, on the, you know, | 她有时候也会加班 |
[07:08] | on the days that I’m underwater at work. | 在我特别忙的时候 |
[07:10] | – Sure. – And look, it’d be great | -明白 -这么说吧 |
[07:12] | if academia paid as well as tech does, | 如果学术能跟科技领域有同样的报酬当然好 |
[07:15] | – but it doesn’t… – It doesn’t, no. | -但其实没有… -的确没有 |
[07:17] | So this arrangement makes perfect sense. | 所以这样安排也完全是合理的 |
[07:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:21] | It sounds like we’re apologizing for it. Maybe. | 听起来好像是我们在道歉一样 |
[07:24] | – No, not at all. – Yeah. No, we’re proud of it. | -不 完全没有 -我们对此很骄傲 |
[07:27] | Babe. Don’t. | 宝贝 别这样 |
[07:32] | Okay. So, at this point, I’d like to… | 好了 这样的话 我想… |
[07:36] | hear a little bit about your history. | 跟你们聊聊你们的经历 |
[07:38] | I know that you’ve been married for almost ten years. | 我知道你们已经结婚快十年了 |
[07:41] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:42] | How long were you together before that? | 你们结婚前在一起多久了 |
[07:44] | It’s like two years and change, maybe? | 两年多 三年不到吧 |
[07:47] | – Yeah. – Twelve years total. | -是的 -总共12年 |
[07:49] | And how did you meet? | 你们是怎么认识的 |
[07:52] | – You should be the one to tell the story. – No. | -这个故事应该由你来讲 -不要 |
[07:54] | It’s way more entertaining. Come on. | 这样更有趣 来吧 |
[07:58] | Is… Can you tell me how this is part of the study? | 你… 能告诉我这也算研究的一部分吗 |
[08:02] | Well, it’s valuable | 两性关系 |
[08:04] | in the context of the gender perceptions | 在关系初始阶段时的性别认知 |
[08:07] | you had at the beginning of the relationship. | 是具有研究价值的 |
[08:10] | Okay. I just… I’ve… | 好吧 我只是… 我… |
[08:12] | I was under the impression that this is gonna be | 我还以为这更像是 |
[08:14] | more like multiple choice. | 问卷调查那种选择题呢 |
[08:16] | Sorry, no. | 抱歉 不是的 |
[08:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:22] | I’ll tell it. It’s actually… It’s a good story. | 我来讲吧 实际上… 这是个不错的故事 |
[08:24] | And… | 然后… |
[08:25] | You can just interject when I get melodramatic. | 如果我说得太夸张了 你可以打断我 |
[08:27] | Sure. | 当然 |
[08:30] | So, we met at Columbia. | 我们是在哥伦比亚大学认识的 |
[08:33] | We went there, we were in a seminar together, | 我们在那里上学 一起参加了一个研讨会 |
[08:35] | English lit. | 英语文学 |
[08:37] | So, we spent three hours a week in a tiny little room, | 我们每周会花三个小时在一个小房间里讨论 |
[08:43] | but at this point, there was no way | 但在那时 我们根本… |
[08:44] | – that we would have ever… – No. | -不可能在一起… -是的 |
[08:46] | I should mention that I was still Orthodox at the time. | 我应该提一下 当时我还是犹太教正统派教徒 |
[08:49] | Yeah. Yes. | 是的 没错 |
[08:50] | I, I grew up in a Modern Orthodox Jewish family. | 我生长在一个现代正统的犹太家庭 |
[08:54] | So up until that point, up until college, my education | 所以在那之前 在上大学之前 |
[08:57] | had been mostly single-sex, I’d never touched a woman. | 我的教育几乎是单性的 我从来没有接触过女性 |
[09:01] | So the whole thing was pretty overwhelming, | 所以这一切都让我不知所措 |
[09:06] | me with my black yarmulke and white button-down shirts, | 戴着黑色圆顶小帽 穿着白色纽扣衬衫的我 |
[09:10] | and all these young women in their little tank tops. | 和那些穿着小背心的年轻女性 |
[09:13] | And Mira specifically was like a campus celebrity. | 而米拉又更像是校园名人 |
[09:16] | She was dating a member of a big rock band at the time, | 当时她正在和一个知名摇滚乐队的成员约会 |
[09:19] | that needless to say I’d never heard of. | 不用说 我连听都没听过 |
[09:21] | No, they were… They weren’t really rock, | 不 他们… 他们不算摇滚 |
[09:23] | and they weren’t big. | 也不知名 |
[09:24] | You’ve probably heard of them, Saraband? Lucas McRae? | 你可能听说过吧 萨拉班德 卢卡斯·麦克雷 |
[09:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:28] | I just thought… I thought of Mira as kind of a… | 我当时觉得… 我觉得米拉是… |
[09:31] | – A what? – No, no, no. | -是什么 -不 不 不 |
[09:32] | – No. Tell me. I wanna… – Yeah, it… it… | -别啊 告诉我 我想知道… -好吧… |
[09:34] | It’s just that you were as far away from my world | 我觉得你离我的世界 |
[09:37] | as it… as it got, you know. | 要多远… 就有多远 |
[09:39] | And anyway, I was already engaged to a girl | 而且我已经和一个在长岛附近 |
[09:42] | that I grew up with near Long Island. | 青梅竹马的女孩订婚了 |
[09:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:48] | – So how did it happen? – Well, she just… | -所以你们是怎么在一起的 -她… |
[09:52] | just walked up to me one day and… | 有一天她走到我面前 然后… |
[09:56] | This part you should tell. | 应该你来讲这部分 |
[09:59] | Okay. So I was in a… a theater group in school, | 好吧 我在学校参加了一个… 戏剧小组 |
[10:04] | and we were doing this one play by Bashevis Singer, and… | 我们在排演巴什维斯·辛格的一出戏… |
[10:06] | An adaptation of Enemies, A Love Story. | 改编自”敌人 一个爱情故事” |
[10:10] | Right. | 嗯 |
[10:11] | And, so I was doing all this research on Orthodox Jews. | 所以我去做一些关于正统犹太人的研究 |
[10:15] | I was very serious about acting in college. | 我在大学时对表演很认真 |
[10:17] | – Yeah. – And so I just went up to him | -是的 -所以有一天下课后 |
[10:19] | one day after class, and I asked if I could talk to him, | 我就走过去问他能不能跟我聊聊 |
[10:22] | – and he just… he seemed completely horrified… – I was, yeah, paralyzed. | -他似乎… 完全被吓坏了… -我被吓呆了 |
[10:25] | Yeah. But I was very committed to this role. | 是的 但我对这个角色非常投入 |
[10:27] | Absolutely. | 的确 |
[10:28] | So committed that she got completely naked | 如此投入以至于 |
[10:30] | – halfway through the play. – No! Not completely. | -在演出中途全身赤裸 -没有 不是全身 |
[10:32] | And I’d already started the process | 我已经开始慢慢 |
[10:36] | of, leaving my religion. | 放弃我的宗教信仰了 |
[10:38] | But, no, that… that… | 但是… 那场… |
[10:41] | That show was definitely a milestone. | 那场演出绝对算是一个里程碑 |
[10:43] | You mean you actually started dating? | 所以你们之后就开始约会了吗 |
[10:45] | No, no, no, no. Not until years later. | 没有 几年之后才开始 |
[10:47] | Yeah. Yeah, I was already here in Boston, | 是的 我那时已经在波士顿了 |
[10:50] | and I was, creeping around on her Myspace page, | 我当时在她的“聚友网”主页转悠 |
[10:53] | and I saw that she was moving here | 我看到她要搬来这里 |
[10:55] | and that she was looking for an apartment share. | 正在找合租的公寓 |
[10:58] | So we became roommates. | 所以我们成了室友 |
[10:59] | And from there, it progressed. | 从那以后关系就更近了一步 |
[11:04] | And who initiated that? | 是谁先开口的 |
[11:09] | I think it was both of us? | 我觉得算是我俩一起吧 |
[11:12] | – Yeah. – Right? | -是的 -对吧 |
[11:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:16] | Both. | 我俩一起 |
[11:20] | I had just come out of a series of relationships | 我刚结束了几段 |
[11:23] | which were… | 可以说是… |
[11:25] | borderline abusive. | 濒临虐待的恋情 |
[11:26] | And I guess that I was addicted to that, | 我觉得我已经上瘾了 |
[11:31] | and I… and I was… | 我也… |
[11:35] | stuck. | 深陷其中 |
[11:36] | I had a job that I could care less about. | 做着一份根本无所谓的工作 |
[11:42] | And Jonathan was the complete opposite. | 但乔纳森跟我恰恰相反 |
[11:46] | He was everything that I wanted to be. | 他就是我想成为的那种人 |
[11:49] | He had values, and purpose. | 他有信念 有目标 |
[11:52] | – It’s true. – Yeah, well. Yeah, I… | -确实 -是的 我… |
[11:56] | It’s ironic because this was | 挺讽刺的 因为当时 |
[11:57] | at the height of my existential dread. | 我正处于极度的存在主义恐惧之中 |
[12:00] | After I left my religion, | 在放弃了宗教信仰之后 |
[12:02] | I just had these years of loneliness and… | 我这些年一直很孤独… |
[12:07] | So… when did it happen? | 所以… 你们是什么时候在一起的 |
[12:12] | Well, it happened… | 实际上… |
[12:15] | thanks to the asthma, actually. | 这要归功于哮喘 |
[12:18] | The asthma? | 哮喘 |
[12:20] | Yeah. There was this one time we were coming back from the ER, | 是的 有一次我们从急诊室回来 |
[12:24] | I’d had a very severe attack, and the, the doctor… | 我的哮喘发作得很严重 医生… |
[12:28] | he mistook us for a married couple, | 他误以为我们是已婚夫妇 |
[12:30] | and, we liked it, | 但我们很喜欢 |
[12:33] | and we came home and we kept playing at it. | 我们回到家之后继续扮演夫妇 |
[12:38] | And… | 然后… |
[12:41] | and then it happened. | 然后就在一起了 |
[12:43] | That’s great. That’s perfect. | 真棒 太棒了 |
[12:45] | So… All right. | 那么… |
[12:47] | – Now, I’d like to hear… – It’s almost over. | -现在 我想听听… -快结束了 |
[12:49] | A bit about, in your opinion, | 在你看来 |
[12:51] | what is the primary factor | 维系你们婚姻成功的 |
[12:54] | contributing to the success of your marriage? | 主要因素是什么 |
[13:00] | I… I’ll let you take this. | 这个… 还是交给你来说吧 |
[13:02] | Interesting. Interesting. | 有趣 真有趣 |
[13:05] | Could you actually tell us what the definition of success is | 你能告诉我们你对成功婚姻的 |
[13:07] | that you’re working with? | 定义是什么吗 |
[13:09] | Yeah. Well, first of all, | 好的 首先 |
[13:11] | it means that you’re still together. | 这意味着你们还在一起 |
[13:13] | That’s a low bar. | 这个标准太低了 |
[13:15] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:17] | Well, does our ten years make us statistical outliers? | 我们的十年婚姻是否在统计中与众不同 |
[13:23] | Well, if we ignore all the socioeconomic | 如果忽略所有社会经济因素 |
[13:27] | and race parameters, then yes. | 和种族因素 那么是的 |
[13:29] | The average marriage in the US is 8.2 years. | 美国人的平均婚姻寿命是8.2年 |
[13:32] | Okay. Well then | 好吧 那么 |
[13:34] | shouldn’t you ask first if subjectively that… | 难道你不应该先问一下… |
[13:38] | If we perceive our marriage to be a success at all? | 主观上 我们是否认为自己的婚姻是成功的呢 |
[13:42] | Well, sure. Yeah, if you can… | 好的 如果你能… |
[13:46] | Yeah, I’m only saying that because I feel like | 嗯 我这么说只是因为我觉得 |
[13:47] | that word, “success,” | “成功”这个词 |
[13:49] | is kind of emblematic of a larger | 象征着人们对婚姻 |
[13:52] | cultural misconception about marriage. | 存在更大的文化误解 |
[13:57] | – Yeah. – It’s become this project, right? | -是的 -所以才有这个项目 对吧 |
[14:00] | This thing that you work on, “We’re working on our marriage.” | 你所研究的内容 “我们在为婚姻努力” |
[14:03] | It’s this… multibillion-dollar industry. | 这是一个… 数十亿美元的产业 |
[14:06] | There’s, you know, self-help books, | 包括了自助书籍 |
[14:09] | – and couples therapy… – Right. | -夫妻治疗… -是的 |
[14:11] | and workshops, and podcasts, | 研讨会和播客 |
[14:12] | and apps, and TV shows. | 还有应用程序和电视节目 |
[14:14] | It’s a huge business. | 这是一项巨大的业务 |
[14:17] | And you see that as a problem? | 而你却认为这是个问题吗 |
[14:20] | Look, maybe it’s because of my background, | 听着 也许是因为我的背景 |
[14:21] | but I just think it’s so obvious that… that… | 但我认为 很显然… |
[14:26] | Western culture, consumer culture, | 西方文化 消费文化 |
[14:29] | has very purposefully created | 蓄意创造了 |
[14:30] | these completely irrational expectations | 这些完全非理性的期望 |
[14:33] | that marriage must, at all times, be based | 认为婚姻必须总是基于 |
[14:35] | on passion, on sex, | 激情 性爱 |
[14:36] | on relentless emotional intensity, | 和无休止的强烈情感 |
[14:38] | when it’s so obvious that these things stem from novelty, | 但显然这些都源于新鲜感 |
[14:41] | so the whole concept’s a complete fallacy. | 所以这整个概念就是个彻头彻尾的谬论 |
[14:44] | Right. Okay. | 好的 |
[14:46] | So then, well, what is… | 那么 什么是… |
[14:50] | What’s your concept? | 你的观念是什么呢 |
[14:54] | I think… I think we both see marriage as a means. | 我认为… 我们俩都把婚姻看作一种途径 |
[14:59] | It’s not an end. | 而不是终点 |
[15:02] | Right? I think we see it as a platform… | 对吧 我觉得我们把它看成一个平台… |
[15:05] | where we both can… | 我们可以借助它… |
[15:07] | that allows us to develop as individuals. | 它让我们可以作为个体发展 |
[15:09] | We’re both really passionate about the work we do, and… | 我们都很热爱自己的工作 然后… |
[15:11] | and our partnership gives us | 婚姻给了我们 |
[15:14] | the safe ground to do it, and to… | 安全的空间来做这些 来… |
[15:18] | raise a daughter and have a family. | 养育女儿 组建家庭 |
[15:22] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[15:27] | Mira, what about you? | 米拉 你觉得呢 |
[15:34] | Sorry, what was the… | 不好意思 问题是… |
[15:36] | The question was about your perception… | 我问的是 你的看法… |
[15:38] | Right. Our success. | 对 我们的成功婚姻 |
[15:43] | Well, I agree with what Jonathan said. | 我同意乔纳森说的 |
[15:45] | – I mean, we… we come… Honey. | 我觉得… 我们… 亲爱的 |
[15:50] | Hey. What is it? | 怎么啦 |
[15:53] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[15:55] | – I’m Danielle. Remember me? – Who’s that? | -我是丹妮尔 你记得我吗 -这是谁 |
[15:57] | – What’s wrong, honey bunny? – It’s over. | -怎么了 小可爱 -放完了 |
[16:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:02] | – Sorry, give us a second. – Of course. | -不好意思 去去就回 -当然可以 |
[16:04] | Come on. I’ll put another one on for you, okay? | 来吧 我再给你放一个 好不好 |
[16:05] | – Take your time, no worries. – Why can’t I watch it | -慢慢来 别着急 -为什么我不能 |
[16:06] | here with you on the iPad? | 在这儿和你一起看平板 |
[16:08] | – We’ll be right back. – Because, silly goose, | -我们马上回来 -因为呀 小笨蛋 |
[16:10] | we’re having a little meeting, but then… It’s okay. | 我们在开个小会 但之后… 没事 |
[16:12] | I’m just… I’m gonna stay with her and watch. | 我还是… 我在这儿陪她看吧 |
[16:13] | I got it, I got it. I got it, sweetie. | 我来 没事 亲爱的 |
[16:14] | – No, I’m gonna… – You’re in the middle of your answer. | -不 我想… -你还没回答完问题呢 |
[16:17] | Yeah, but I’m dying to get this over with. Come on. I’m… | 可我超想赶紧解决这事 拜托 我… |
[16:18] | I know, but it’s just gonna be a little longer. | 我知道 但是可能还得有一会儿 |
[16:21] | – She said an hour at the most. – Daddy. | -她说最多一个小时 -爸爸 |
[16:22] | Okay, sweetie, I’m gonna put it on. | 好的 宝贝 我给你放上 |
[16:24] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[16:26] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[16:29] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[16:31] | Okay. Just one second, patience. | 好的 马上就好 耐心点 |
[16:33] | – Sorry about that. – No, no, it’s fine. | -不好意思 -不用 没事 |
[16:35] | – I know exactly how it is. – Yeah. | -我完全能理解 -是 |
[16:38] | I’m so grateful to you both for doing this. | 我非常感激你们能答应做这个 |
[16:40] | It’s so hard finding subjects for research, | 找研究对象太难了 |
[16:44] | especially straight men, actually. | 事实上 特别是直男 |
[16:46] | Well, lucky for you, Jonathan loves | 你很幸运 乔纳森超爱 |
[16:47] | talking about his theories. | 讲他的理论 |
[16:50] | Well, what’s yours? | 那你的理论呢 |
[16:54] | Well… I think about it in terms of… | 我… 我把婚姻看成… |
[16:59] | an equilibrium. | 一种平衡 |
[17:02] | Yeah. I think that | 对 我认为 |
[17:03] | in marriage, there is this very delicate equilibrium | 婚姻中 有一种非常微妙的平衡 |
[17:06] | and that, you have to maintain it together. | 你们需要共同维护它 |
[17:12] | And what do you mean by equilibrium? | 你说的平衡是指什么 |
[17:16] | Well, you know, at the beginning of a relationship, | 在一段关系最开始的时候 |
[17:18] | everything’s thrilling and it’s new | 所有事都很刺激 很新奇 |
[17:20] | and you feel as a couple that nothing can hurt you. | 就感觉只要彼此在一起 就没有事能伤害到你 |
[17:22] | Right. | 对 |
[17:23] | And then you gradually start to realize that actually, | 然后慢慢地你意识到 |
[17:26] | anything can hurt you. | 事实上任何事都能伤害到你 |
[17:39] | – I’m gonna go check on them. – Okay. | -我去看看他们 -好的 |
[17:42] | – I’ll be right back. – Sure. | -马上就回来 -好的 |
[17:45] | – Good? – Yeah. | -没事吧 -嗯 |
[17:46] | Sorry, the Wi-Fi was, messed up. | 不好意思 无线网出问题了 |
[17:49] | It wasn’t loading. | 一直加载不出来 |
[17:52] | We have another half an hour while she watches this one. | 她看完这个之前 我们还能有半个小时 |
[17:54] | – Perfect. – Okay. All right. | -真好 -好的 |
[17:56] | Okay. Great. | 好的 |
[17:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:00] | So… | 那么… |
[18:02] | Yes, I’d like to hear about your attitudes towards monogamy. | 我想听听你们对于一夫一妻制的看法 |
[18:05] | To what extent do you see yourselves committed | 你们觉得自己对于对方的忠诚程度 |
[18:07] | to each other exclusively? | 有多高 |
[18:09] | Well, what do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:11] | I mean sexually. | 我指性爱方面 |
[18:14] | I would say it was very unexpected. | 完全出乎我的意料 |
[18:22] | Well? What did I miss? | 是吗 我错过了什么 |
[18:25] | – God. – Basically, she asked | -天呐 -她基本上就是在问 |
[18:27] | if they’re fucking other people. | 我们有没有跟别人做爱 |
[18:30] | – That’s a little intrusive, no? – Yeah. | -那有点唐突了吧 -是 |
[18:32] | – Why? – Well, maybe not for you, | -为什么 -可能对你来说没有 |
[18:34] | but how did you agree to do this? | 可你怎么会答应做这个呢 |
[18:35] | I didn’t. Jonathan agreed, and he dragged me into it. | 我没有 是乔纳森应下的 他硬拉着我做的 |
[18:38] | I didn’t drag you into it. | 我没有硬拉着你 |
[18:39] | – You did. Yes. – No, I didn’t. | -你有 你就是有 -我没有 |
[18:41] | You did. He met her at Ava’s preschool. | 你有 他跟她在艾娃的幼儿园碰到的 |
[18:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[18:45] | For the twins, she takes care of the twins that go there. | 因为那对双胞胎 她照顾那儿的那对双胞胎 |
[18:47] | So she told him all about it, | 她跟他说了自己的研究 |
[18:49] | and he couldn’t help advancing his theories | 他就忍不住想要推销他的理论 |
[18:50] | on how capitalism ruins marriages. | 讲讲资本主义是如何毁了婚姻 |
[18:53] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[18:53] | – Jonathan. – Word needs to get out. | -乔纳森 -大家必须知道这一点 |
[18:55] | Getting friendly with the younger women at pickup? | 接孩子的时候和年轻女人交朋友 |
[18:57] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[18:59] | – That is true. – He’s taking advantage of his sexy dad factor. | -对呀 -他在利用自己性感宝爸的优势 |
[19:01] | She’s a student. She’s a student. Please. | 她还是个学生 是个学生呐 拜托 |
[19:02] | But, wait, what is the research about? | 但是 等等 这个研究到底干嘛的 |
[19:06] | I’m kidding. I’m totally kidding. | 我开玩笑的 开玩笑呢 |
[19:08] | I think that… I think | 我觉得是… 我觉得 |
[19:10] | her thesis is basically that | 她的论文基本上就是 |
[19:13] | when the woman is the primary provider | 如果女性主要负责赚钱 |
[19:15] | and the man is the primary caregiver, | 男性负责顾家 |
[19:17] | the marriage has a greater chance of “success.” | 婚姻就更有可能”成功” |
[19:20] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:22] | Apparently, there’s research that says that the woman’s | 显然有研究称女性的 |
[19:24] | level of satisfaction is the crucial element | 满意程度是决定一段婚姻 |
[19:27] | in determining the long-term stability of a marriage. | 长期稳定的重要因素 |
[19:30] | You hear that, Kate? | 你听到了吗 凯特 |
[19:31] | Loud and clear. | 非常清楚 |
[19:34] | Anyway, why is she choosing | 不管怎样 那她为什么要选择 |
[19:36] | to follow long-term monogamous couples? | 跟踪长期一夫一妻制的夫妻呢 |
[19:39] | I would expect more out of a millennial psych student. | 我对千禧心理学生的期待可不止于此 |
[19:41] | Yeah, apparently, | 是 显然 |
[19:43] | divorce has been researched to death, so… | 离婚都被研究坏了 所以… |
[19:45] | Yeah, but there’s so many other relationship models. | 可是还存在很多别的关系模式啊 |
[19:47] | I mean, it’s a new era. | 这是个新时代 |
[19:49] | Take us, for example. | 比如我们 |
[19:50] | – She should have met with us. – Yeah. Well, you know, I’m happy to give her your number, Peter, | -她该见见我们 -好啊 我很乐意把你的号码给她 皮特 |
[19:53] | if you’re interested, as she’s desperate for research subjects. | 如果你感兴趣的话 因为她急需研究对象 |
[19:55] | By all means. I think she could benefit a lot from us. | 不管怎么说 我觉得她能从我们这儿获益良多 |
[19:57] | Wait. But she’s interested in successful marriages. | 等等 但她感兴趣的是成功的婚姻呀 |
[20:00] | I think that rules us out, baby. | 我觉得这就把我们排除了吧 宝贝 |
[20:03] | That’s… I don’t think that’s true. | 那… 我不同意 |
[20:08] | Okay. Hey. I’m sorry. | 好的 对不起 |
[20:12] | Wait. So how was, how was Boulder? | 等等 博尔德怎么 怎么样 |
[20:15] | – Yeah. – It was good. | -对 -挺好的 |
[20:16] | We… we won the pitch. | 我们… 我们赢下了竞标 |
[20:18] | – Hey, that’s great. – No! | -太好了 -不是吧 |
[20:19] | – Cheers. Congrats. Fantastic. – Thank you, guys. | -干杯 恭喜 太棒了 -谢谢 |
[20:22] | Yeah, actually, we killed it. | 对 事实上 我们大放异彩 |
[20:24] | You know, I don’t think they were, | 我觉得他们最初 |
[20:26] | looking for a boutique company, | 不是想找一个时尚精品公司 |
[20:27] | but they fell in love with Kate’s demos. | 但他们爱上了凯特的小样 |
[20:30] | Of course they did. She’s a genius. | 他们当然爱了 她那么天才 |
[20:31] | There’s no better web designer on the entire East Coast. | 东海岸没有比她更棒的设计师了 |
[20:33] | – No. – I’ve said that | -过奖了 -我说过 |
[20:34] | – multiple times. – No argument here. | -好多次了 -双手双脚赞成 |
[20:36] | And, you know, I didn’t fuck up the presentation too badly, so. | 加上我的展示也没有太糟糕 所以 |
[20:39] | – Well, good. Good on you. – You sure? You sure? | -确实确实 干得漂亮 -是吗 你确定 |
[20:41] | We were a well-oiled machine. | 我俩可都是全力以赴 |
[20:45] | That’s great, guys. I’m jealous of you. | 真好啊 我真羡慕你们 |
[20:49] | I am. I get jealous of them. I just think that, like, | 真的 我越发羡慕他们了 我对那种 |
[20:51] | a couple that can work together is… | 能一块儿工作的伴侣… |
[20:53] | Don’t be too jealous. | 没啥好羡慕的 |
[20:54] | No, I’m sure it’s not always easy, but when it works, | 真的 我知道那不容易 可一旦形成默契 |
[20:57] | – that’s like the paradigm. – Easy? I mean, the fact that | -就能成为典范 -容易吗 这么跟你说吧 |
[21:00] | we got through Boulder without killing each other is a miracle. | 我俩在拿下博尔德前 没杀了对方已经是个奇迹了 |
[21:04] | Let’s not do this now, Kate. | 凯特 别在这儿说这些了 |
[21:06] | – Why not? What’s the problem? – This is not the time for it. | -为什么 有什么问题吗 -这不合时宜 |
[21:09] | Okay. So, when we’re alone, it’s not the time either. | 好啊 我俩独处的时候 也不合时宜 |
[21:13] | Maybe you can give some thought to when the right time might be. | 要不你想想什么时候合适聊啊 |
[21:14] | – Just stop, okay? – Okay. Fine. | -别说了 行吗 -行 不说了 |
[21:19] | Okay. Let’s go home. | 好了 我们回家吧 |
[21:20] | – No! What are you talking about? – We’re playing make-believe. | -别呀 你说啥呢 -我俩在这儿逢场作戏呢 |
[21:23] | – Kate. Let’s not ruin it. – Don’t leave. | -凯特 别扫兴了 -别走啊 |
[21:25] | – What’s going on, Peter? – It’s nothing important, | -发生什么事了 皮特 -没啥大不了的 |
[21:27] | it’s just the usual drama about… | 就是些鸡毛蒜皮的事儿… |
[21:29] | Don’t say it’s not important. No. Fuck you. | 什么叫没啥大不了 操你大爷 |
[21:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:37] | What’s going on… | 事情是这样的… |
[21:40] | is Nathan broke up with me, | 内森把我甩了 |
[21:42] | and I’m extremely depressed about it. | 这让我非常难过 |
[21:47] | Peter can’t deal with it. He won’t talk about it. | 皮特受不了这事儿 也不愿意跟我谈谈 |
[21:51] | So that’s what’s going on. And… | 就是这么回事 然后… |
[21:52] | Kate. Cut it out. | 凯特 别说了 |
[21:54] | Cut it out? You cut it out. All of these… | 想让我住嘴 你住嘴吧 这些事儿… |
[21:56] | I’m so sick of this social fascism. | 我受够社会法西斯主义了 |
[22:00] | – Social fascism. – All these bullshit empty conversations. | -社会法西斯主义 -尽聊些假大空的话题 |
[22:03] | I’m allowed to talk about everything | 我是什么都可以说 |
[22:04] | but the most important thing going on in my life. | 但那些对我至关重要的事一件也不让提 |
[22:06] | I’m not gonna do it anymore. | 我真是受够了 |
[22:09] | Maybe they don’t really feel like hearing about it, | 你有没有考虑过 |
[22:11] | – have you considered that? – No, no. | -他们可能不想听这些事儿 -并没有 |
[22:13] | You’re the only one that doesn’t wanna hear about it. | 在座的只有你不想听这些 |
[22:16] | Because you’d rather wallow in your passive-aggressive bullshit resentment, | 因为你宁愿消极地陷入你的狗屁忿恨中 |
[22:19] | you can’t admit that you’re hurting, | 也不愿承认自己受到了伤害 |
[22:23] | that it hurts, | 你很伤心 |
[22:24] | – and just talk to me about it. – Yeah, I’m hurt, okay? | -也不愿意跟我说这些 -好 我很伤心 好吗 |
[22:26] | I’m very hurt. I admit it. Okay. | 我非常伤心 我承认 行了吧 |
[22:28] | – Can we end this now? – Okay. No, we can’t end this. | -今天能先别说了吗 -不行 不能就这么算了 |
[22:30] | And I won’t live like this. Okay? | 我也不想再这么下去了 |
[22:34] | When we started this, we said | 最开始的时候 我们说好了 |
[22:36] | that we would talk about everything, and I was there | 什么事都要跟对方说 我也是那样做的 |
[22:39] | through all your shit with Alana, Grace. | 听你说 和阿兰娜 还有格蕾丝的那些破事儿 |
[22:41] | I accepted that. I dealt with that. | 我全盘接受 全心以待 |
[22:43] | And now suddenly when I’m the one that’s going through something, | 可现在当我遇上这种事儿 |
[22:45] | it’s like my feelings aren’t legitimate. | 我就像是无理取闹似的 |
[22:48] | I never fell in love with anyone else. | 我从没爱上过她们中的谁 |
[22:49] | That’s the difference. | 这就是区别 |
[22:53] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[22:55] | So what if I… fell in love? | 要是我… 爱上谁了呢 |
[22:59] | That was supposed to be a part of the risk we both accepted. | 那不是我们愿意承担的风险吗 |
[23:04] | I’m not leaving, I’m here, I’m dealing with it. | 我没有逃避 我在这里想要解决它 |
[23:13] | – Sorry. – It’s okay. No, no, no. | -抱歉啊 -没事儿啊 抱歉啥呀 |
[23:15] | – God. – It’s all right. | -天啊 -没关系 |
[23:19] | So you care more about what they think about you | 所以比起我正在经历的事情 |
[23:21] | than what I’m going through right now. | 你更关心他们怎么看待你 |
[23:23] | – You’re so pathetic. – I think it’s a real competition | -你太可悲了 -我俩谁更可悲 |
[23:25] | as to who’s most pathetic right now. | 这个问题倒还真不好说 |
[23:26] | Let’s take a break. I’m gonna go upstairs. | 都别说了 我准备上楼 |
[23:29] | Why don’t you come upstairs with me? | 你跟我一块儿上去吧 |
[23:32] | I’m gonna call a car. You do whatever you want. | 我要叫辆车 你爱干嘛干嘛去 |
[23:36] | – Hey. – I’m sorry. | -好啦 -不好意思 |
[23:37] | – No, no. – I couldn’t hold it together anymore. | -没事没事 -我实在装不下去了 |
[23:38] | – I get it. – That whole dinner, he was just… | -我明白 -整顿晚饭 他就像… |
[23:40] | I know. | 我懂 |
[23:42] | It’s been like this all week since I talked to you. | 自从我跟你说了之后 这一整周我和他都这样 |
[23:44] | I’m sorry I haven’t been here. | 很抱歉我当时不在 |
[23:46] | – When did your flight get in? – Last night. | -你什么时候飞回来的啊 -昨晚 |
[23:48] | Do you have an Advil? My head’s killing me. | 你有布洛芬吗 我头疼死了 |
[23:51] | In my bathroom. I’m just gonna check on Ava for a second. | 浴室里有 我先去看一眼艾娃 |
[23:53] | I’ll be right there. | 马上回来 |
[23:57] | Revisionist history, you know? | 修正历史主义世界观 懂我意思吧 |
[23:59] | She was a mess, I was holding things together. | 她简直一团糟 我一直在尽力弥补 |
[24:04] | – Did you find it? – Yeah. | -你找到药了吗 -找到了 |
[24:11] | So, it ended with Nathan, completely? | 你和内森彻底结束了吗 |
[24:15] | Yeah. For good. | 对 彻底结束了 |
[24:16] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[24:19] | – Girl. – Yeah. He said he’s exhausted | -亲爱的 -是啊 他说双重生活 |
[24:23] | from living a double life. | 让他精疲力尽 |
[24:25] | The irony is a double life’s the only life | 可讽刺的是 双重生活 |
[24:27] | I know how to live. | 是我了解的唯一活法 |
[24:29] | Right. | 是啊 |
[24:31] | Mira, this past week, I can barely get out of bed. | 米拉 我这一周 根本起不来床 |
[24:33] | Literally. It’s not getting any better. | 真爬不起来 事情一点也没起色 |
[24:36] | And Peter just sulks all day like a child. And… | 皮特还整天发小孩子脾气 而且… |
[24:40] | When he’s not doing this phony chipper thing | 可他要是不在那儿闹腾 |
[24:43] | that makes me wanna strangle him. | 我又很想掐死他 |
[24:45] | And then I have these outbursts of hatred for him | 而我又突然爆发出一股汹涌恨意 |
[24:48] | where I’m just… | 我任由自己… |
[24:51] | I find myself in bed… | 窝在床上… |
[24:55] | thinking of the craziest ways to torture him | 滋长出对他最疯狂的折磨方式 |
[24:58] | and then fucking kill him. | 甚至想干脆他妈的杀了他 |
[25:01] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[25:03] | Perhaps it’s time to reconsider this arrangement. | 也许是时候重新考虑这种形式了 |
[25:08] | This arrangement? | 什么形式 |
[25:10] | I’m… | 我是说… |
[25:12] | You gotta remember this whole thing started | 你应该还记得 你们之所以这样相处 |
[25:13] | so Peter could justify his cheating. | 是为了让皮特对自己的出轨感到自洽 |
[25:15] | This is just… It doesn’t matter how it started. | 这件事… 怎么开始的已经不重要了 |
[25:18] | This is the way that we found to, you know, get through it, | 这是我们认为能够解决问题的方式 |
[25:21] | and I don’t regret it. | 而我对此也不后悔 |
[25:26] | I don’t. | 不后悔 |
[25:26] | – I don’t… Kate. – It’s been good for us. | -我不… 凯特 -这样对我俩都好 |
[25:29] | I don’t remember ever wanting to fuck Peter | 我对皮特已无半点性趣 |
[25:32] | as much as when I was with Nathan. | 而跟内森在一起就干柴烈火 |
[25:35] | I’m serious. I wore him out. | 我认真的 我已经厌倦他了 |
[25:38] | – Okay. – Do you know how good it felt | -好吧 -你知道真实想要自己的丈夫 |
[25:39] | to actually want my husband? | 是多么美好的一件事吗 |
[25:46] | You know, this is real. | 我说真的 |
[25:49] | This is my life, Mira. It’s not some whim. | 这就是我的生活 米拉 不是扯淡 |
[25:53] | I mean, what I had with Nathan, | 和内森在一起 |
[25:54] | I don’t remember ever feeling so alive. | 我感受到前所未有的鲜活 |
[25:58] | And so, okay, it also means feeling this terrible pain. | 与此同时 我也没这么撕心裂肺地痛苦过 |
[26:03] | It’s part of the deal. | 这也是这件事的一部分 |
[26:11] | You’re really suffering though, honey. | 亲爱的 你受苦了 |
[26:17] | What would be better? | 有什么办法呢 |
[26:20] | There were at least three years | 我和皮特已经 |
[26:21] | when I didn’t have sex with Peter. | 三年没做过爱了 |
[26:23] | – I know. – Yeah. | -我知道 -是啊 |
[26:26] | Does that seem reasonable to you? | 你觉得这合理吗 |
[26:28] | Life without any passion, right? Kind of like… | 生活得毫无激情 是吧 就像是… |
[26:30] | Well, passion, okay, it’s awesome, | 说到激情 是的 激情的确很好 |
[26:33] | but, you know, it’s not sustainable. | 但它不会一直持续下去 |
[26:36] | We’re not 16 anymore. You can’t… | 我们不是16岁了 不能… |
[26:37] | What does 16 have to do with anything? | 16岁又怎么了 |
[26:38] | Did you renounce passion at the age of 16? | 你放弃16岁时的那份激情了吗 |
[26:40] | No, I’m not saying that I renounced it. | 不是 我没说放弃激情 |
[26:42] | Don’t start quoting Jonathan’s theories | 别开始给我引述乔纳森的那套 |
[26:43] | – about marriage. – I’m not quoting him. | -婚姻理论 -我不是要引述他的理论 |
[26:46] | No, I… I’m saying that, okay, this open relationship | 不 我… 是想说 开放式关系 |
[26:51] | – comes at a price for everybody. – Of course it does. | -让每个人都付出代价 -那是当然 |
[26:54] | And… it can’t be easy for your kids, right? | 而… 对你们孩子尤为不易 对吧 |
[26:59] | Well, it’s not easy for any kid, Mira. | 是的 对任何一个孩子都不容易 米拉 |
[27:03] | I mean… | 我想… |
[27:07] | Honestly, in the long run, I think that it’s actually… | 说实在的 长远来看 这样的关系其实… |
[27:11] | very empowering for them | 会给予他们很大的能量 |
[27:13] | to see me always searching for freedom and happiness. | 当他们看到我不断追求自由和幸福 |
[27:18] | I don’t know, self-actualization? | 或者是 追求自我实现 |
[27:24] | It’s absolutely something that I want to model for them. | 这正是我想给他们做出的表率 |
[27:27] | Especially Anna. | 尤其是对安娜 |
[27:32] | Okay. | 我懂 |
[27:37] | I’m not judging you, honey. I’m not. | 我不是在评判你 亲爱的 我没有评判 |
[27:39] | Yeah. | 我知道 |
[27:43] | And I’m on your side always. You know that, right? | 而且我一直都是挺你的 你知道吧 |
[27:47] | I know. I do. | 我知道的 |
[27:51] | I’m sorry. Here. | 没事的 抱抱 |
[27:55] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[28:03] | This day. It’s just, like, it’s so much. It’s… | 今天实在是… 太漫长了… |
[28:10] | Wait, is something wrong? | 等等 出什么事了吗 |
[28:14] | No, it’s just… | 没有 只是… |
[28:18] | It’s just a lot of pressure, so. | 只是压力好大 |
[28:22] | What kind of pressure? | 什么压力 |
[28:26] | No, it’s nothing. Forget it. | 没什么 不说这个了 |
[28:35] | What? | 咋了 |
[28:37] | – Nothing, I just… – I’m sorry I lost it. | -没啥 我就是… -不好意思 我情绪失控了 |
[28:43] | I think it’s okay. That was crazy. | 我觉得还好 就是有点疯 |
[28:46] | Girl. | 女人啊 |
[28:49] | You’re such a good friend. Hey. | 你真是我的好朋友 |
[28:53] | And you’re stunning. | 还这么漂亮 |
[29:11] | I don’t… Not sure where what came from. | 我不… 不知道是怎么回事 |
[29:14] | I think I’m pretty drunk. | 我已经醉糊涂了吧 |
[29:21] | – Okay. You good? – Yeah. | -你还好吧 -还行 |
[29:23] | – Do you wanna go downstairs? – Okay. | -你要下楼吗 -好的 |
[29:27] | Yeah. | 走吧 |
[29:32] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[29:32] | – Okay, come on. – Okay. | -那走吧 -好 |
[29:38] | No, no, no, you got it backwards. | 不 不 不 你没听懂 |
[29:39] | It was… it was… it was she who made the sale. | 是她… 是她在做销售 |
[29:42] | I get that, but you did your fair share of the work. | 这我知道 但是你也分担了不少 |
[29:44] | She is a ball buster. | 她控制欲太强了 |
[29:45] | – She can be really fucking scary. – My God. | -她有时候可太他妈恐怖了 -老天 |
[29:49] | And she’s a… She’s a true artist, right? | 她还是… 还是个货真价实的艺术家 |
[29:51] | – I’ll call a car. – She’s a certifiable genius. She’s gorgeous. | -我去叫车 -她是个天才 还很漂亮 |
[29:53] | I’m just gonna clean up a bit. | 我去打扫一下 |
[29:55] | I don’t know why she even ever let me between her legs, | 我都不知道她为什么要和我上床 |
[29:57] | this paragon of perfection. | 这样完美的女人 |
[29:58] | Hi. I need a car | 你好 我要叫车 |
[30:00] | at 206 Abbottsford Road in Brookline. | 我在布鲁克莱恩阿伯茨福德路206号 |
[30:04] | When I sleep with other women, it’s because, | 我和其他女人上床 不过是因为 |
[30:07] | it’s only because it makes me feel… | 因为这能让我觉得… |
[30:10] | You know, it’s… It has nothing to do | 这和… 爱情毫无瓜葛 |
[30:12] | with falling in love. It’s the only way… | 也只有这样… |
[30:15] | – It’s the only way that I can… – No, it does… | -只有这样我才能… -不 它… |
[30:19] | You know, I know… I know I’m the one who… | 你也知道… 我知道是我… |
[30:20] | Peter, I called us a car. Neither one of us can drive. | 彼得 我叫了车 我们俩都没法开车了 |
[30:24] | – Yeah. – Do you want coffee or anything? | -行 -你要喝咖啡吗 |
[30:27] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, I’m good. Yeah. | -你还好吗 -我很好 |
[30:29] | Yeah, I was just… | 我刚刚在… |
[30:31] | I was just trying to explain to him | 我想跟他解释 |
[30:33] | how you and I decided to… | 为什么我俩决定… |
[30:36] | And I, you know, I was saying that just ignoring the fact | 我刚刚说到 忘记自己有选择的余地 |
[30:39] | that you have options doesn’t make them go away. | 并不能让你丧失选择权 |
[30:42] | – Right? Right? – Yeah. | -对吧 对吧 -嗯 |
[30:43] | You know, or another way of saying it is, | 换而言之 意思就是 |
[30:45] | you know, if the only reason that you’re faithful | 如果你的忠诚仅仅是因为 |
[30:48] | is because it’s like a rational decision, | 这是理性让你做出的选择 |
[30:51] | – Well, that’s not sustainable. – Why not? | -你就不可能一直忠诚 -怎么不能 |
[30:53] | Well, because it’s just a matter of the right woman, right time | 等到合适的人出现 合适的时机 |
[30:55] | – when it finally happens, right? – Okay. | -你还是会出轨 对吧 -行吧 |
[30:57] | So I don’t have a choice in the matter? | 所以这件事我做不了主 |
[30:59] | No, you don’t. | 对 你做不了主 |
[31:01] | Because, I mean, this force… | 因为有股力量驱使着你… |
[31:03] | – I’m tired. – Call it Eros or whatever, | -我累了 -它叫厄洛斯 |
[31:06] | you know, it’s far more powerful than your own will. | 它比你的意志力更加强大 |
[31:09] | The car is on the way. | 车在路上了 |
[31:10] | You better start getting ready, okay? | 你尽快准备好 行吗 |
[31:11] | Just a second. You understand what I’m saying? | 等会儿 你懂我意思吗 |
[31:12] | It depends on who you are. | 因人而异吧 |
[31:14] | – No, it doesn’t! It doesn’t! – Shh. Peter. | -和人没关系 -嘘 彼得 |
[31:16] | – Quiet. – I’m sorry. | -安静点 -不好意思 |
[31:17] | I think it’s just… It’s a longer conversation. | 我觉得… 这事说来话长 |
[31:19] | No, tell me, I wanna hear. | 展开讲讲 我想听 |
[31:23] | I think maybe it’s just because of the way that I was raised. | 这可能和我的成长环境有关 |
[31:26] | – What do you mean? – Well, you know, in… | -这是什么意思 -你知道吗… |
[31:28] | the first 20 years of your life, | 在你生命的前20年 |
[31:31] | you’re taught to conquer your desires, | 你被训导去战胜自己的欲望 |
[31:34] | – not surrender to them. – Dude. | -而不是向欲望屈服 -兄弟 |
[31:36] | – What? – That’s grotesque. | -怎么了 -这也太怪了 |
[31:39] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[31:39] | I mean, that level of repression, | 这样压抑自己 |
[31:41] | it’s like from the Middle Ages. | 像是活在中世纪 |
[31:42] | I’m not defending it. | 不是替自己说话 |
[31:43] | I’m just saying that it’s ingrained in me. | 对我来说已经习以为常了 |
[31:44] | Hey, babe, where is your jacket? | 宝贝 你的外套呢 |
[31:46] | – Just a second. – We need to get ready. | -再等我一会儿 -我们准备走了 |
[31:48] | You really need to start shaking that off. | 你真得摒弃这套陈旧思想 |
[31:51] | – Or it’s gonna take a major toll on you. – Peter. | -这会对你有很大影响的 -彼得 |
[31:52] | Not just mentally, I mean, | 不仅仅是心理上 |
[31:54] | physically and spiritually, and… | 还有身体上 精神上 甚至… |
[31:56] | – The car is almost here. – Yeah, I heard you! | -车快到了 -我听到了 |
[31:58] | – He can wait a minute! – Shh. | -司机不能等会儿吗 -嘘 |
[32:04] | Shit. | 不妙 |
[32:06] | – Here. – I’m sorry. | -抱一个 -不好意思 |
[32:07] | – I’m really sorry. – I call you tomorrow. | -实在是抱歉 -明天给你打电话 |
[32:11] | – Mira, I’m sorry. – Yeah. | -米拉 我的错 -好的 |
[32:13] | I’m sorry. I apologize. | 我的问题 我道歉 |
[32:15] | – Bye. Night. – No worries. It’s all right. | -再见 晚安 -别担心 没事的 |
[32:17] | – Is she mad at me? – Peter, let’s go. | -她生我气了吗 -彼得 走吧 |
[32:19] | It’s fine. It’s fine. It’s just a long day. | 没事 没事 今天太累了 |
[32:21] | All right, guys. Thanks for coming. | 感谢你们今晚到访 |
[32:23] | – Okay. – Don’t worry about it. | -好的 -别担心 |
[32:24] | So we’ll come back for our car tomorrow? | 那我们明天来取车 |
[32:26] | – Is it that one? – No, it’s across the street. | -是这辆吗 -不 是马路对面那辆 |
[32:35] | You’re welcome. Bye. | 不用谢 再见 |
[33:12] | I’ll be right there. | 我在门外等着 |
[33:30] | Sorry I left you down there. | 对不起 刚让你一个人去送客 |
[33:31] | It’s okay, sweetie. | 没事 宝贝 |
[33:32] | I couldn’t take it anymore. | 我听不下去了 |
[33:36] | Yeah, he was really drunk. | 他喝得烂醉了 |
[33:38] | It was tragic. | 真是悲剧 |
[33:40] | Tragic, why? | 悲剧 何出此言 |
[33:41] | Why? | 何出此言 |
[33:42] | Yeah. It’s not like we haven’t seen that before. | 对啊 我们之前又不是没见过这种场面 |
[33:47] | She’s really suffering. I’m telling you. | 她真的饱受折磨 我说真的 |
[33:49] | Yeah, I could see that, but… | 我看得出来 但是… |
[33:51] | The sad thing is they’re basically a good couple | 他们还算得上一对不错的夫妻 这才是最悲哀的 |
[33:53] | if he hadn’t roped her in all his adolescent bullshit. | 要是他没把她扯进自己混乱 不成熟的狗屁关系 |
[33:56] | Yeah? | 嗯哼 |
[33:58] | You sure it’s him that roped her? | 你确定是他把她扯进去的吗 |
[34:00] | Come on. It’s not who she is, | 得了吧 这根本就不是她的风格 |
[34:02] | this whole polyamory thing. | 这种多角恋的状态 |
[34:06] | I think they both get to… | 我觉得他们俩都能… |
[34:09] | feed off of the drama, you know? | 从闹剧中有所收获 |
[34:11] | Well, you get a kick out of it, don’t you? | 你也得到了点乐趣 对吧 |
[34:15] | You must admit, darling, it is diverting. | 宝贝 你得承认 这事有点意思 |
[34:20] | Whatever. | 随你怎么说 |
[35:40] | What is it? | 咋了 |
[35:45] | Don’t look so scared. | 别表现得这么害怕 |
[35:46] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[35:49] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[35:56] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[35:59] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -嗯 |
[36:07] | Mira. | 米拉 |
[36:11] | How? | 怎么会 |
[36:14] | Well, that weekend. The Cape. | 就是那周 在科德角那次 |
[36:17] | Yeah, I forgot my pills, so I missed a couple days. | 我忘记带避孕药了 有段时间没吃药 |
[36:19] | Why didn’t you tell me you forgot your pills? | 你为什么不告诉我你忘带药了 |
[36:20] | Well, I didn’t think that it mattered if we… | 我以为没事的 只要我们… |
[36:22] | Well, it shouldn’t be so easy to get knocked up at my age. | 就是 我这个年纪也不容易怀孕 |
[36:27] | I took a… Well, I was late for my period, | 我用… 我月经推迟了 |
[36:30] | so I took a test this afternoon, and there was a faint blue line. | 所以我今天下午用验孕棒测了一下 结果是浅蓝色线 |
[36:34] | Okay, so it’s a faint line, so maybe… | 它是浅色的 所以有可能… |
[36:35] | No, I took a picture of the stick | 不是 我拍了张照 |
[36:37] | and sent it to my doctors. | 发给了我的医生 |
[36:39] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[36:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:45] | Yeah. I’ve got an appointment | 我约了时间 |
[36:46] | with her next week. Dr. Varona. | 下周去看瓦罗纳医生 |
[36:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:53] | – Are you happy? Yeah? – Yes, of course. I’m happy. Yes. | -你高兴吗 -当然了 我很高兴 高兴的 |
[36:56] | I’m just a little… I’m stunned. | 我就是有点… 震惊 |
[36:58] | God, me too. | 我也是 |
[37:00] | I mean, I have no idea what to do. | 我手足无措 |
[37:03] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[37:05] | Nothing. Nothing. I just… I don’t know. It’s… | 没什么 我… 我只是不知道该怎么办… |
[37:10] | If we do this, so much is gonna fall on you. | 如果我们留下这个孩子 你肩上的担子就更重了 |
[37:15] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是 没错 |
[37:18] | So, what do you feel? | 那你怎么想的 |
[37:21] | Well, I don’t know. I wanted to know how you felt. | 我不知道 我想知道你是什么想法 |
[37:23] | No, no, forget about me for a second. | 不 先别管我 |
[37:25] | What do you feel? | 你的想法是什么 |
[37:31] | I don’t know. | 我没想法 |
[37:34] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[37:35] | Well, try to think about how you felt | 那就想想 你知道自己怀孕的那一刻 |
[37:38] | the second that you realized. | 是什么想法 |
[37:41] | – Try to remember. – Fine. | -试着想一下 -好吧 |
[37:43] | I felt shocked. | 我一开始被吓到了 |
[37:45] | And, then I had to… | 然后我… |
[37:48] | come downstairs for that interview, | 要下楼去做采访 |
[37:50] | so I buried it. And now… | 我就先把它搁置了 然后现在… |
[37:53] | I guess I… | 我想… |
[37:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:59] | Come on. You can be honest with me. | 少来了 你有话就直说 |
[38:00] | Anything that you feel is legitimate. | 不管你现在怎么想的都行 |
[38:01] | I don’t know how I feel. | 我不知道 我说不清楚 |
[38:03] | How am I supposed to be honest about that? | 你要我怎么坦诚说出内心的想法 |
[38:09] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:12] | Just trying to figure out how this could have happened. | 我只是想知道怎么会发生这种事 |
[38:16] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[38:19] | Maybe the sex had something to do with it. | 可能是因为我们做爱了 |
[38:29] | Hey, what if… what if we think about this in, | 如果… 如果我们再想想 |
[38:33] | I don’t know, like a slightly more… | 怎么说 稍微换个角度… |
[38:36] | deterministic way? | 如果这是命定的呢 |
[38:38] | You know, like, it’s the Lord’s doing, right? | 比如说 这是上帝的旨意 |
[38:41] | – What? – Not in a religious sense. | -什么 -不是一定要从宗教角度出发 |
[38:42] | – Not in a religious sense. – Okay. | -不一定要从宗教角度解释 -行吧 |
[38:43] | I just mean, like, I mean, you know, okay, | 我… 我的意思是 就 |
[38:46] | you forgot your pills. | 你忘带了避孕药 |
[38:51] | And you still…? | 然后你还… |
[38:53] | Yeah. | 怎么 |
[38:54] | And you immediately got pregnant. | 然后一次就中了 |
[38:56] | So is it possible that there’s a part of you that… | 所以有没有可能是你的内心深处… |
[39:00] | Wanted this or thought that we should have this? | 想要孩子 或者你觉得我们应该再要个孩子 |
[39:04] | Where is this coming from? | 这又是什么理论 |
[39:07] | – It’s so… – I know, I know. | -这也太… -我知道 我知道 |
[39:09] | I mean, if you’re… If you’re trying to say | 如果… 如果你是想说 |
[39:11] | that you want to keep it, just say that. | 你想把孩子留下来 你就直说 |
[39:13] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[39:14] | I… I… It’s what we talked about originally. | 我… 我们以前有讨论过这个问题 |
[39:19] | Yeah. But originally, it was completely abstract. | 是讨论过 但以前只是纸上谈兵而已 |
[39:21] | I mean, it was… | 我们以前… |
[39:23] | before we knew anything about anything, | 还没有真正了解过这些事 |
[39:25] | it was before Ava, | 是在生艾娃之前谈的 |
[39:26] | before we knew what it was actually like. | 我们当时还不知道会是怎么一回事 |
[39:33] | What? | 怎么了 |
[39:40] | You… | 你… |
[39:43] | – You wanna keep it, right? – I think so. Yeah, I think so. | -你想把孩子留下对吧 -没错 我想 |
[39:46] | I think we can handle it, but only if it’s something | 我没问题 但只有你也很想把孩子留下来 |
[39:48] | that you really, really want and would be happy about. | 你会开心 事情才会真的解决 |
[39:56] | I think so. | 是这样 |
[39:59] | I think I might. | 我想把孩子生下来 |
[40:04] | Ava will be thrilled. | 艾娃估计要高兴坏了 |
[40:07] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[40:10] | And your parents. | 你爸妈肯定也很高兴 |
[40:10] | God. Yeah. Yeah. | 肯定的 |
[40:19] | So, are we going for this? My God. | 我们真的要把孩子生下来吗 天啊 |
[40:22] | Yeah? | 不行吗 |
[40:23] | – Yeah. – Yeah. Come here. | -当然可以 -那就好 来抱一下 |
[40:25] | – Okay. – Come here. | -好 -抱抱 |
[40:32] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[40:37] | Here. | 拿去 |
[40:51] | Don’t… | 别… |
[40:53] | Don’t look at me like that. | 别用这种眼神看我 |
[40:54] | This is… This doesn’t mean anything. | 这… 这说明不了什么 |
[40:56] | Right. | 好吧 |
[40:57] | – It only means you’re panicking. – It doesn’t mean I’m panicking. | -只能证明你慌了 -我才没有 |
[41:00] | – I had a lot to drink. – Yeah. | -我晚餐喝太多酒了 -行吧 |
[41:02] | But you know what, even if I was panicking, so what? | 就算我慌了又怎样 |
[41:04] | This is a really big deal, okay? | 这可是件大事 |
[41:06] | This is irreversible, what we’re talking about here. | 毕竟”开弓没有回头箭” |
[41:11] | What? | 怎么了 |
[41:15] | You know, it just sucks that neither one of us | 这整件事情糟透了 |
[41:18] | could be completely happy and confident about this… | 我们都没办法全心全意 不假顾虑地接受… |
[41:22] | Yeah, but… that’s because I see how ambivalent you are about it. | 没错 但是… 我是看到你左右为难才慌的 |
[41:25] | – Well, yeah. Of course I’m ambivalent. – Yeah. | -废话 我当然会觉得左右为难啊 -所以啊 |
[41:27] | I mean, you remember those first two years with Ava? | 艾娃刚出生那两年简直就是灾难 |
[41:30] | – Yeah. – Thinking about jumping back | -的确 -想想现在又要经历一遍 |
[41:31] | into that nightmare. | 真是噩梦 |
[41:32] | Yeah. I was there too. I remember. | 我当然知道 我当时也在场 |
[41:34] | I know you were. I know you’ve been an amazing partner, | 我知道你在 你是个很棒的伴侣 |
[41:37] | but you don’t… You couldn’t, like… | 但是你… 你不能… |
[41:38] | I couldn’t… I couldn’t be | 我… 我不能 |
[41:39] | – where you were. – No, you could not. | -对你感同身受 -你肯定不行 |
[41:40] | I couldn’t be in your place. I know. | 我不能对你感同身受 这点我清楚 |
[41:41] | You tried and… | 你试过了… |
[41:44] | But you couldn’t. | 但还是不行 |
[41:47] | I took that out on you. I took it… | 我总是拿这个指责你 我… |
[41:50] | I was just awful to you. I was awful. | 我对你的态度很糟糕 我太烂了 |
[41:53] | We… we talked about it, | 我… 我们已经讨论过了 |
[41:55] | and I understood where that came from. | 我也理解你的这种情绪 |
[41:56] | – You know? – I know you understood, | -你知道吗 -我知道你能理解 |
[41:57] | but you were also hurt. | 但你还是会受伤 |
[42:01] | That’s why you become distant, and I hated you | 所以你才会变得冷漠 然后我也会讨厌你 |
[42:04] | for being distant, and I hated myself even more for… | 对我冷暴力 也越来越讨厌自己… |
[42:06] | being so shitty to you. | 对你这么差 |
[42:10] | – I felt like a terrible mom. – Sweetie, I… | -我是个很烂的妈妈 -亲爱的 我… |
[42:14] | That was a nightmare for you. | 那对你来说是场噩梦 |
[42:16] | It was a nightmare for both of us. | 对我们来说都是 |
[42:18] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[42:21] | And it took so long to, like… | 我花了好长的时间… |
[42:24] | feel like myself again, you know? | 才重新找到自我 |
[42:26] | And now we’re good, and… | 我们现在过得也很好… |
[42:28] | And Ava’s so good, and… | 艾娃也很好… |
[42:30] | Especially when she’s with you, she’s… | 尤其是和你在一起的时候 她… |
[42:32] | – Aw, come on. – Kidding. | -得了吧 -我开玩笑的 |
[42:39] | It’s just like I finally… | 我终于… |
[42:42] | returned to my life. | 找回了之前的生活节奏 |
[42:49] | I feel so guilty about what I’m saying. | 说这些话 让我觉得好罪恶 |
[42:51] | Sweetie, you shouldn’t feel guilty. | 亲爱的 你不用这样 |
[42:52] | It makes perfect sense, you know? | 你没说错什么 |
[42:54] | Yeah. | 好 |
[42:58] | It’s like… | 就好像… |
[43:01] | all of a sudden, everything is unreal. | 突然之间 所有东西都变得不真实了 |
[43:06] | Everything that we had, | 我们拥有的一切 |
[43:09] | you, you’re not real. | 你… 你不是真实的 |
[43:10] | Ava isn’t. It’s just… It’s this thing. | 艾娃也不是 只有… 一件事情 |
[43:13] | It’s this pregnancy. It’s the only thing that’s real. | 只有怀孕这件事 是真实的 |
[43:16] | – It’s… – Hey, Mira. | -这… -米拉 |
[43:20] | Yeah. | 我在 |
[43:21] | – Babe. – What? | -宝贝 -怎么了 |
[43:30] | It’s painful wanting something and not wanting it | 犹豫不决 到底要不要一件东西 |
[43:32] | at the same time. You know? | 真的很痛苦 你懂吗 |
[43:34] | Yeah, yeah. | 我知道 |
[43:38] | But think about it. | 但是你好好想想 |
[43:42] | When Ava was a baby, we had no perspective at all. | 艾娃还小的时候 我们根本就不知道事情会怎么发展 |
[43:45] | We thought it was gonna be like that forever. | 我们以为痛苦会永远持续下去 |
[43:47] | – Right. – And now we see that it passes, right? | -没错 -但是我们现在发现自己熬过来了 |
[43:50] | It gets better. Right? | 一切都变好了 不是吗 |
[43:53] | – That’s true. – Yeah. | -没错 -你看 |
[43:59] | You know, Ava’s totally obsessed with having a little sister. | 艾娃一直想要个妹妹 |
[44:01] | – Yeah. – If it’s… a boy, that’ll be rough. | -是的 -如果… 是个男孩 她估计要闹死了 |
[44:05] | Well, it’ll have to be a girl then. | 反正艾娃想要个妹妹 |
[44:07] | We’ll raise it a girl, regardless. | 我们就拿他当女儿养 |
[44:17] | Either way, they’re gonna want their own rooms eventually. | 反正不管怎样 他们最后都会想分房睡 |
[44:19] | But it should be a pretty easy renovation, you know, | 把艾娃的房间隔成两个房间 |
[44:22] | to divide Ava’s room in half. | 也不是什么难事 |
[44:26] | We’ll have to steal a little square footage from the hallway, | 不过还是要占用一点走廊的空间 |
[44:29] | put up a little drywall, right? | 再装个干壁隔断墙 |
[44:31] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[44:37] | I love you. You know that, right? | 我爱你 你知道的吧 |
[44:39] | Yes, I do. | 我知道 |
[45:28] | – Yup, come in. – Hi? Sorry. Am I late? I’m late. | -请进 -抱歉 我迟到了吗 |
[45:31] | It’s fine. We just… We’re just starting out. | 不要紧 我们才… 刚刚开始 |
[45:34] | – Sorry. Sorry. – Yeah, no problem. | -对不起 真不好意思 -没关系 |
[45:35] | – Nice… good to see you. – Good to see you. | -你… 好久不见 -别来无恙 |
[45:39] | So, I was just starting to explain the procedure to Mira. | 我刚刚开始跟米拉介绍流程 |
[45:41] | Great. | 好的 |
[45:44] | As I said, you’ll take the mifepristone here today, | 刚刚说到 你今天在这儿先吃米非司酮 |
[45:47] | and that blocks your progesterone, | 孕酮会被抑制 |
[45:49] | effectively ending the pregnancy. | 受孕过程到此为止 |
[45:51] | And then I’ll send you home with four pills of misoprostol, | 我再给你开四粒米索前列醇 |
[45:53] | and that’ll bring on contractions. | 这会引起宫缩 |
[45:56] | So that can be not so fun. | 可能会不太好受 |
[45:58] | You’ll have cramping and heavy bleeding. | 你会出现阵痛 大量出血 |
[46:01] | You’ll pass some large clots, | 会有大血块排出 |
[46:03] | and you might have nausea, | 还可能会感到恶心 |
[46:05] | vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, and in rare cases, fever. | 呕吐 腹泻 头晕 小概率会发烧 |
[46:10] | It’s like a stomach virus. | 就跟犯肠胃病一样 |
[46:14] | Great. | 好的 |
[46:16] | So that’s all normal. | 都是正常现象 |
[46:17] | But if you have any side effects that worry you, just call. | 但如果你觉得副作用过重 及时联系我 |
[46:22] | Does it still seem like what you wanna do? | 你还是坚持要这么做吗 |
[46:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[46:28] | While you’re here, | 趁你还没走 |
[46:29] | do you wanna talk about contraception, | 想聊聊避孕的问题吗 |
[46:31] | since the pill wasn’t your friend this time? | 这次避孕药好像背叛了你们的战线啊 |
[46:33] | Yeah, I was just saying to Jonathan | 是啊 我还跟乔纳森说呢 |
[46:35] | that I was amazed that, | 我完全没想到 |
[46:37] | could still have an accident at my age. | 一把年纪了还能中彩 |
[46:40] | You’ll be… 40 in November, right? | 你… 今年十一月就40岁了吧 |
[46:44] | Yeah. That’s gonna keep | 嗯 随着年龄增长 |
[46:45] | – getting less likely. – Yeah, totally. | -受孕概率会越来越小 -就是啊 |
[46:47] | But in the meantime… | 但与此同时… |
[46:48] | So there are a bunch of long-term options. | 还有很多长效避孕方法 |
[46:50] | There’s Implanon, which is an arm insert. | 比如皮埋 在手臂上皮下植入避孕棒 |
[46:52] | I could place that here today. | 今天在这儿就能做 |
[46:54] | And there are IUDs, the ParaGard, | 还有宫内节育器 帕拉加德牌的 |
[46:56] | which is plain copper, or the Mirena, | 纯铜节育环 或者还有曼月乐牌 |
[46:58] | which is very popular, it’s a hormone-releasing IUD. | 人气很高 是种会释放激素的节育器 |
[47:02] | Maybe the copper one. | 纯铜的那个吧 |
[47:04] | It would be nice to give my body a break | 我也该停一停 |
[47:05] | from all those hormones. | 各种激素了 |
[47:06] | Yeah. Well, I can place that at your follow-up. | 嗯 好 下次复诊的时候我可以给你装上 |
[47:09] | – And, you can think about it a little more. – Okay. | -在此之前你也能再想想 -好的 |
[47:11] | For now, just throw out your current package of pills | 目前的话 把你正在吃的避孕药疗程包直接扔掉 |
[47:14] | and start a new one tomorrow. | 明天再开一包新的 |
[47:16] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -记下了吗 -行 |
[47:18] | Any questions? | 还有什么问题吗 |
[47:21] | Nope. | 没了 |
[47:22] | Okay. I’m gonna go get the medicine. | 好 那我去帮你取药 |
[47:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[47:31] | She has to warn us about the symptoms, | 你别听她讲症状讲得吓人 |
[47:32] | but it’s, it’s the simplest procedure. | 其实这是最简单的方法了 |
[47:35] | Yeah. Yeah. No, I know. I know. | 嗯 是 我知道的 |
[47:40] | I’m gonna get us something to drink. | 我去弄点喝的吧 |
[47:43] | Diet Coke, is that good? | 你要喝无糖可乐吗 |
[47:44] | No, I don’t need… I don’t need anything. | 不用了…. 我不渴 |
[47:45] | No, I’ll get us one. There’s a vending machine | 没事 我去买点吧 |
[47:47] | right outside the door. | 门外就是自动售货机 |
[47:49] | Yeah. I’ll be right back, okay? | 我马上就回来 |
[47:51] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[48:29] | Hey? I’ll be right there. | 嘿 我一会儿就回来 |
[48:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[48:45] | Hey. So, they only had Pepsi. | 里面只有百事可乐了 |
[48:48] | – Is that okay? – That’s fine. | -行吗 -没关系 |
[48:49] | It’s all right? | 没关系就好 |
[48:50] | I’m sure there’s, like, a cup | 我记得 应该有个杯子 |
[48:51] | around here somewhere. | 就在这附近 |
[48:54] | No, it’s fine. I’ll just drink it straight from the can. | 没事 别找了 我直接对着易拉罐喝 |
[48:56] | I’m sure there’s something. Maybe here. | 这旁边肯定有的 在这吗 |
[48:58] | Jonathan. | 乔纳森 |
[48:59] | I think there’s something here. | 这里好像有一个 |
[49:01] | Come here for a second. | 过来一下 |
[49:02] | Fuck, it’s a urine sample cup. | 操 是个接尿的杯子 |
[49:03] | Okay. Come over here. Sit down for a second. | 好了 过来坐 冷静一下 |
[49:13] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[49:20] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[49:21] | – Yeah. – Are you mad? | -我没事 -你生气了吗 |
[49:24] | Am I mad? No. Why would I be mad? | 我生气了吗 没有啊 我为什么要生气 |
[49:27] | Are you having second thoughts? | 你改主意了吗 |
[49:30] | No. | 没有 |
[49:31] | – No? – No, no, no, no. I… | -没有吗 -没 没有 完全没有… |
[49:37] | – I don’t… – I’m just… | -我没有… -我就是… |
[49:39] | I don’t why I’m feeling like this. | 我不知道为什么会这样 |
[49:41] | I didn’t expect to feel like that. | 我没想到会这样 |
[49:43] | No, it’s okay, honey. | 没事 亲爱的 没关系的 |
[49:45] | – It’s fine. – Yeah. | -没关系的 -嗯 |
[49:47] | You know, I’m… it’s not easy for me either. | 你要知道 我… 这对我来说也不容易 |
[49:49] | No, no, no, no, no. Of course. Of course. | 是啊 没错 当然了 |
[49:52] | Sorry, I’m not, trying to make… No, yeah. | 对不起 我并不是想让你… |
[49:55] | I know you… you’re the one that has to… has to go through it. | 我知道… 你才是那个… 要亲身经历这些的人 |
[50:03] | We’re making the right decision here. | 我们做出了正确的决定 |
[50:07] | We talked about it. | 我们好好商量过了 |
[50:10] | I don’t think there’s a single angle that we haven’t covered | 过去十天里 任何角度任何细节都没落下 |
[50:12] | over the last ten days. | 全都谈到了 |
[50:15] | Yeah, I don’t… I don’t think there is. | 是啊… 没有漏掉的了 |
[50:18] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[50:29] | You know, I was thinking | 不过 我在想 |
[50:30] | we could still go ahead with the renovation. | 我们还是可以那么装修房子 |
[50:33] | – You know? Like… – No. | -就像之前说的… -是吗 |
[50:35] | Yeah. Like, we can move Ava’s play area into her room | 对啊 我们把艾娃的活动区挪到她房间里 |
[50:38] | and, you know, make your study back the way that it was before. | 把你的书房挪回去 |
[50:41] | That’s never gonna work. | 没用的 |
[50:42] | She’s gonna reclaim it within hours. | 她过不了几个小时就会侵略回来 |
[50:43] | Well, then we use the attic. I mean, we always said that | 那我们就用阁楼 都说了好久了 |
[50:46] | we were gonna get to that eventually. | 是时候行动起来了 |
[50:47] | I’m okay. I’m good where my office is. | 其实没关系 我现在办公室的位置就挺好 |
[50:49] | – I don’t need… – Well, I have a vision. | -我不用… -我全都想好了 |
[50:50] | – Just, you know, leave it to me. – Okay, okay. Okay. | -行了 就交给我吧 -好 好 |
[50:52] | – You’re gonna thank me. – Okay. Okay. | -你会感谢我的 -好的 好的 |
[50:58] | – Sorry about that. – It’s okay. | -久等了 -还好 |
[51:01] | – Here you go. – Thanks. | -来 拿着 -谢谢 |
[51:27] | Okay. And here’s the misoprostol | 好 这是明天回家之后 |
[51:32] | that you will take at home tomorrow. | 你要吃的米索前列醇 |
[51:35] | Take some ibuprofen about an hour before you put | 记得在吃药前大概一小时 |
[51:37] | the tablets in your cheek, okay? | 再吃点布洛芬 |
[51:41] | All right. Here you go. | 好 拿好了 |
[51:43] | See you in a couple weeks. | 几周后见 |
[51:44] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -好 -谢谢 |
[51:48] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 -还好 |
[51:53] | I feel a little nauseous. | 我有点犯恶心 |
[51:56] | I’m fine. It’s fine. | 我没事 问题不大 |
[51:57] | I’m sure, it’s just the power of suggestion. | 估计就是心理作用 |
[52:01] | Just rest until it passes, okay? | 药劲过去前好好休息 好吧 |
[52:04] | If you do vomit, you’ll have to take the medicine again. | 万一吐了 就要重新吃药了 |
[52:08] | I’ll ask the nurse to check in on you in a bit. | 我一会儿会叫护士来看看你的情况 |
[52:11] | Okay. Feel better. | 好 快点好起来 |
[52:20] | You okay? | 还好吗 |
[52:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[52:35] | I feel awful. | 感觉真糟糕 |
[52:41] | I’m sure you’ll feel better tomorrow. | 我相信你明天就会好起来的 |
[52:48] | Why don’t you go home to Ava? | 要不你回家去看看艾娃吧 |
[52:49] | – I’ll take a car home. – No, no. No way. | -我自己叫车回去 -别 别啊 |
[52:52] | I’m staying here. | 我留在这儿陪你 |
[52:54] | – Veronica’s with Ava. She’s… – Jonathan, I… | -维罗妮卡和艾娃在一起呢 她… -乔纳森 我… |
[52:57] | What? | 怎么了 |
[52:59] | I’d like to be alone for a little bit. Is that okay? | 我想一个人稍微静静 好吗 |
[53:03] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | -好 -好吗 |
[53:04] | Of course. Of course. | 当然了 没问题 |
[53:07] | Here, I’ll leave this right here, okay? | 那我就放这儿了啊 |
[53:08] | Yup. You’re not… | 嗯 你是不是… |
[53:10] | – You’re sure it’s fine? – Yes, of course, sweetie. | -你确定没关系吗 -没关系 宝贝 |
[53:11] | It’s fine. It’s fine. I’m totally fine, yeah. | 没事 放心 我不会有问题的 |
[53:15] | I’ll go do a little work in the waiting… | 我去外面候诊区工作一会… |
[53:17] | room over there, okay? And you just come out | 等你什么时候感觉好点了 |
[53:19] | – whenever you’re ready. – Yeah, just… | -就出来找我 -嗯… |
[53:20] | – It won’t be long. – Yeah. Take your time. | -不会太久的 -没事 不着急 |
[53:22] | – I’ve got my phone, so… – Okay. | -我带着电话呢 所以… -嗯好 |