时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | Thirty days ago, our world shattered. | 三十天前 我们的世界崩塌了 |
[00:29] | Our beloved father left us to the world of truth. | 亲爱的父亲 将我们留在这真理的世界 |
[00:33] | The Gemara teaches in maseches shabbos | 如革马拉中所述[犹太教神学注释] |
[00:35] | that only 30 days after the passing, | 仅在逝世三十天内 |
[00:38] | as long as flesh remains on the body, | 只要仍有血肉存留于世 |
[00:41] | anything said to the niftar | 对逝者诉说的一切 |
[00:44] | will be heard by him | 都将为其所知 |
[00:47] | until his fate is sealed. | 直至其命运被封存 |
[00:51] | So today, on the thirtieth day, | 所以今天 第三十天 |
[00:56] | we would like to tell you, Father, | 我们想告诉您 父亲 |
[01:00] | we’re sorry. | 我们很抱歉 |
[01:02] | Sorry if we ever offended you. | 抱歉曾经冒犯过您 |
[01:06] | Sorry if we ever hurt you. | 抱歉曾经伤害过您 |
[01:09] | Everything we did, we did in your honor. | 我们的所作所为 都是为了纪念您 |
[01:26] | Okay. | 好了 |
[01:29] | So, where were we? | 好了 我们说到哪儿了 |
[01:33] | Who made the final call? | 最后是谁决定的 |
[01:35] | Arye for the top of the gravestone, | 墓碑上半部分是阿雅定的 |
[01:36] | and Mom for the bottom. | 下面是妈妈选的 |
[01:38] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[01:41] | “Loved and loving.” | “受人爱戴 慈爱忠诚” |
[01:44] | Yeah. What’s the problem with that? | 有什么问题吗 |
[01:45] | No, just… Nothing. | 没 就是… 没什么 |
[01:47] | Just that neither is true. | 只不过没一句说对了 |
[01:50] | What do you care if that’s how she wants to remember it? | 她就想这样追忆一切 你又何必在意 |
[01:54] | Yeah. Who cares about the truth? | 是啊 谁会在意事实呢 |
[01:57] | I really appreciate the offer, Poli. | 很感谢你给我提供工作机会 波利 |
[01:59] | – No. – I mean, I hope you know that. | -不是 -我希望你知道这点 |
[02:00] | Of course you appreciate it. | 你当然会感谢 |
[02:02] | – It’s a great offer. Yes. – You know me. | -这工作真的不错 确实 -你了解我的 |
[02:05] | Do you really think I’m gonna change my mind? | 你觉得我会改变主意吗 |
[02:10] | How much do you make in your consulting work? | 你现在做咨询能挣多少 |
[02:12] | – Poli! – Why? What’s wrong? | -波利 -咋了 我不能问吗 |
[02:13] | – That is none of your business. – Baby, telling you, | -不关你的事 -宝贝 我跟你说 |
[02:16] | – it’s a terrible waste. – Stop it. | -真的是屈才了 -别说了 |
[02:18] | You’re the best product manager in America. | 你是全美最好的产品经理 |
[02:20] | And I’m offering you here | 我给你介绍的是 |
[02:21] | an amazing start up. Not some… | 一个很棒的初创公司 不是什么… |
[02:23] | – I know. – Fucking corporate gig. | -我知道 -不是在大公司打杂 |
[02:25] | It’s a hell of a ride. | 能让你大展拳脚 |
[02:27] | That’s what always turned you on. | 这种事情总能让你感兴趣 |
[02:31] | Doesn’t turn me on anymore. | 现在不行了 |
[02:36] | I don’t believe that. | 我不信 |
[02:37] | – A drive like that doesn’t… – How are you guys doing here? | -这种机会可不会… -你们吃得怎么样了 |
[02:38] | – Mind if I clear some plates? – Yeah, thanks. | -我能收走几个盘子吗 -可以 谢谢 |
[02:41] | And would you be interested in any dessert today? | 你们要来些甜品吗 |
[02:43] | – Yeah, sure. Why not? What do you… – No. | -嗯 当然可以 你们这里有… -不了 |
[02:46] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:47] | You know, why don’t I give you guys a minute, okay? | 要不这样 我等会儿再来问 |
[02:48] | Okay. Yeah. | 好的 |
[02:51] | – Sorry. Did you want something? – No, it’s okay. | -抱歉 你想点甜品吗 -不用了 没事 |
[02:53] | – I just… – Do you mean you don’t want anything? | -就是… -你不想再吃点什么了吗 |
[02:55] | Well, it’s just, I have to leave ’cause, | 就是 我得走了 |
[02:58] | Ava’s got a dentist appointment soon. | 一会儿要带艾娃去看牙医 |
[03:01] | Okay. Okay. No problem. | 好的 没事 |
[03:07] | So, how about tonight? | 那今晚呢 |
[03:13] | Can’t tonight. I have Ava. | 今晚不行 要陪艾娃 |
[03:15] | Jonathan’s out of town. | 乔纳森出远门了 |
[03:16] | Okay. Well, can’t you get a babysitter? | 好吧 不能找个保姆吗 |
[03:20] | I try not to do that on the nights | 陪她的晚上 |
[03:22] | that I have her with me. | 我尽量不找保姆 |
[03:26] | Got it. Okay. | 懂了 好吧 |
[03:28] | Whenever you guys are ready. | 不用着急 慢慢来 |
[03:41] | Will you stay for coffee? | 留下喝个咖啡吗 |
[03:45] | I have to get back. I can’t. | 我得回去了 不了 |
[03:49] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[03:51] | Why don’t you stay one more night | 不再待一个晚上吗 |
[03:52] | and leave first thing tomorrow morning? | 明天一早再走 |
[03:54] | Mom, I can’t. | 妈 不行 |
[03:57] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, watch out, watch out. | 哎呀 小心 看路 |
[03:58] | – Slow down, slow down. – Sorry, sorry, sorry. Okay. | -慢点 慢点 -抱歉 抱歉 |
[04:00] | Okay. Slow down. | 没事 开慢点 |
[04:02] | Sorry, sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[04:03] | Okay. Just drive a little slower, okay? | 好吧 开慢点就行 |
[04:08] | – I’m still not used to driving. – Yeah. | -还是没习惯开车 -好吧 |
[04:11] | Your father hardly ever let me. | 你爸很少让我开车 |
[04:14] | And I always really liked it. | 我一直很喜欢开车 |
[04:19] | So, that’s a silver lining, right? | 这也算不幸中的万幸啊 |
[04:21] | What? What do you mean? | 什么 这话什么意思 |
[04:23] | No, no, nothing. | 算了 没什么 |
[04:26] | What nothing? | 什么没什么 |
[04:28] | I mean, it’s just… I think it’s okay to… | 就是… 这么想也没问题… |
[04:32] | I don’t know. To recognize the positive aspects of… | 怎么说呢 看到这件事情积极的一面… |
[04:38] | not living with him anymore, you know, | 不用和他生活在一起了 |
[04:40] | not always worrying what Dad thinks. | 不需要时时担心父亲的看法了 |
[04:42] | What? | 什么 |
[04:44] | Do you think I’m supposed to be happy your father is dead? | 你觉得你父亲去世了 我应该高兴吗 |
[04:46] | No, I didn’t say that. Did I say that? | 没有 我可没这么说 我有吗 |
[04:49] | No, I’m saying that I… | 不是 我是说… |
[04:51] | Look, he wasn’t the easiest guy to live with. | 跟他一起生活也不算轻松 |
[04:53] | Right? Let’s say he was very free with his judgments. | 对吧 他总是喜欢指指点点 |
[04:55] | So what? | 那又怎么样 |
[04:57] | He had high standards, especially for himself. | 他要求高 对自己尤其是 |
[04:59] | Mom, come on. | 妈 得了吧 |
[05:01] | Most of the time you were just scared of him. | 绝大多数时候 你就是怕他 |
[05:02] | – Scared? – Yeah, you were scared. | -怕他 -对啊 你很怕他 |
[05:04] | You were scared that he was gonna accuse you | 你怕他指责你 |
[05:05] | – of some mortal… – Yonatan, where is this coming from? | -说你极其… -乔纳森 这话从何说起 |
[05:08] | Why are you talking like this? | 你为什么这么说 |
[05:10] | What’s wrong with talking? | 说这话怎么了 |
[05:11] | Maybe if you and Dad spoke more, then… | 或许你和父亲多谈一谈就… |
[05:13] | We spoke a lot. | 我们谈得够多了 |
[05:14] | We had five children, we had a household to run. | 家里五个孩子 有一大家子照顾 |
[05:17] | – All right. – What, you think we didn’t speak? | -好吧 -你觉得我俩没聊过 |
[05:18] | – Okay. – So cut it out. | -好吧 -你闭嘴吧 |
[05:19] | I’m just saying that you spent many, many years | 我是说 你在一个你不爱的人身边 |
[05:22] | living with someone you didn’t love, okay? | 呆了大半辈子 好吗 |
[05:25] | Not to mention, you know, attraction. | 更别提 他对你有什么吸引力 |
[05:26] | What? | 什么 |
[05:27] | I just don’t want you to feel guilty | 如果你有一丝丝解脱感 |
[05:28] | about feeling the tiniest bit relieved. | 我不希望你感到愧疚 |
[05:30] | Well, I’m not relieved. | 我不觉得解脱 |
[05:32] | – Okay. – Would you like to force me to feel relieved? | -好吧 -你要强迫我觉得解脱吗 |
[05:34] | – Okay. – I loved your father. | -好吧 -我爱你爸爸 |
[05:38] | Yes, yes. | 真的 真的爱 |
[05:40] | Maybe not by your standards. | 可能不合乎你的标准 |
[05:43] | All right. Well, I’m not interested | 好吧 我呢 |
[05:44] | in having a fight with you, okay? | 也不想和你吵架 |
[05:47] | – I’m just saying… – I’m not. | -我只是说… -不吵架 |
[05:49] | Before you disrespect what I had with your father, | 在诋毁我和你父亲的感情之前 |
[05:54] | think hard… | 好好想想… |
[05:55] | about whether you did everything you could | 你有没有尽力 |
[05:57] | to stay together, you know, to get sholom bayis. | 维系好家庭 维持家庭和睦 |
[06:02] | All right. Stay together for the kids. | 行吧 为了孩子在一起 |
[06:04] | – And even if so… – The kids. | -但即便如此… -孩子们 |
[06:05] | What’s so wrong about that? | 又有什么问题呢 |
[06:07] | What? Is that anything to look down on? | 怎么 就该让人瞧不起吗 |
[06:10] | You don’t think that’s important? | 你不觉得这很重要吗 |
[06:12] | A kid will always want his parents to stay together | 孩子总是希望父母在一起 |
[06:15] | – even if it’s not… – First of all, | -即使不是… -首先 |
[06:16] | – definitely not always. – All those people | -并非”总是” -那些人总说 |
[06:17] | who say, “If I’m happy, | “只要我开心 |
[06:19] | then my kid will be happy too,” | 我的孩子也会开心” |
[06:21] | that is nonsense. | 简直是一派胡言 |
[06:24] | Get a divorce, fine. But don’t lie to yourself. | 离婚没问题 但不要自欺欺人 |
[06:32] | I really… I’m just savoring every moment with her, you know. | 我真的… 很享受和她共处的时光 |
[06:35] | The years go so fast, and now we have | 时光飞逝 我们晚上在一起 |
[06:37] | these amazing nights together. There’s… | 非常快乐 比如说…. |
[06:39] | – We watch movies, and… – Are you seeing someone? | -看看电影 -你有在跟人交往吗 |
[06:43] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[06:45] | Yeah, I think you are. | 我觉得有 |
[06:47] | Well, I’m not, so. | 我没有 |
[06:50] | And I have a feeling I know who it is, too. | 而且我可能知道对方是谁 |
[06:54] | I’m not seeing anybody, | 我没在跟任何人交往 |
[06:55] | and I’m not planning on it anytime soon. | 短期内也没有这个打算 |
[06:59] | Is it Ackerman? | 是阿克曼吗 |
[07:01] | What? No, of course not. | 什么 不是 当然不是 |
[07:03] | I think it is. And honestly, | 我觉得是 而且说实话 |
[07:06] | I always knew it was going to happen at some point. | 我总觉得你俩迟早会好上 |
[07:07] | All right. Well, it’s not Ackerman. It’s… | 好吧 不是阿克曼 是… |
[07:09] | I mean, it’s not anyone, actually, so. | 真的 没在和人交往 |
[07:11] | Okay. Whatever. Fair enough. | 好吧 无所谓了 就这样吧 |
[07:15] | This is me. | 我的车在这里 |
[07:18] | Okay. Well… | 好 那… |
[07:21] | Good luck with him. | 祝他好运吧 |
[07:23] | I give it a year max. | 我觉得最多一年 |
[07:27] | – Okay, I’ll… – Then you leave him too. | -好吧 我会… -你也会离开他的 |
[07:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:31] | You know, sometimes I just… | 有时候我… |
[07:34] | I just wish I hadn’t met you at all. | 我真希望从没认识过你 |
[07:37] | – I didn’t spend all these years on… – Poli, stop. | -我没有浪费这么多年在… -波利 别说了 |
[07:39] | Someone who doesn’t understand what it means | 一个并不了解 |
[07:41] | to be in a relationship. | 情感关系的人身上 |
[07:42] | You’re saying things that you don’t mean. Stop. | 你已经开始口是心非了 别说了 |
[07:43] | And what living together actually means. Family. | 以及同居的意义 是为了组成家庭 |
[07:51] | Okay, well… I’m running late. | 好吧… 我要迟到了 |
[08:01] | Bye, Poli. | 再见 波利 |
[08:31] | 第五幕 午夜时分 昏暗小屋 地球某处 | |
[09:05] | – Hello? – Hey, Mom. | -喂 -喂 妈妈 |
[09:07] | – Hey, honey. How you doing? – Good. | -亲爱的 你好吗 -好 |
[09:10] | Josie’s mom wanted me to check if I can watch a PG-13 movie. | 乔西的妈妈想确认下 我能看家长辅导级的电影吗 |
[09:14] | Well, I’m doing great. Thanks for asking. | 我很好 谢谢关心 |
[09:16] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[09:18] | Yeah, of course you can. | 嗯 当然可以看了 |
[09:19] | That’s what I told her, but she wanted me to ask. Mom? | 我说了 她还是要我来问你 妈妈 |
[09:23] | Tell her thank you for checking and, you know, | 告诉她 谢谢她的关心 |
[09:26] | if you could also remind her that… | 顺便提醒她一下… |
[09:27] | We’re about to have dinner, so I can’t really talk. | 我们要吃晚饭了 我得挂了 |
[09:30] | Okay… Yeah, but hon… Okay, just remember, you know, | 好吧… 但亲爱的… 别忘了 |
[09:34] | I have a meeting that’s really late, | 我有个会要开到很晚 |
[09:35] | so, if you need anything, | 如果你有事的话 |
[09:37] | – just have her text me and… – I know. You told me. | -就让她发短信给我… -我知道 你说过的 |
[09:40] | – Mom? – Yes, honey? | -妈妈 -怎么了 亲爱的 |
[09:42] | Can I go to sleep at 9:30, please? | 我可以九点半再睡吗 拜托了 |
[09:45] | – Okay. – ‘Cause Josie’s bedtime is 9:30. | -好吧 -因为乔西的睡觉时间是九点半 |
[09:47] | Josie’s a little older than you. | 乔西比你大一点 |
[09:49] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[09:51] | But… | 但是… |
[09:54] | yeah, sure, you can. | 好吧 当然可以 |
[09:56] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[09:58] | Please try to get some sleep though, okay? | 还是要早点睡 好吗 |
[10:00] | Okay, love you, bye. | 好的 爱你 再见 |
[10:01] | Okay, love you… | 好的 爱你… |
[10:10] | Is she with Veronica? | 她和维罗妮卡在一起吗 |
[10:12] | No, she’s with Josie. It’s… | 不是 和乔西在一起 是… |
[10:13] | – Right, right, right. – Yeah, yeah. | -对对 -是啊 是啊 |
[10:14] | – She’s over the moon, though. – Yeah. | -她高兴得不得了 -是的 |
[10:16] | – Sleepover on a school night. . Yeah, I bet. I mean… | -上学日还能去朋友家过夜 -肯定是… |
[10:19] | How’s your mom? | 你妈妈还好吗 |
[10:21] | She’s good, she’s good. | 挺好的 很好 |
[10:23] | Yeah, it ended up being a little harder than I expected | 嗯 最后离开时 |
[10:26] | to leave, so… | 还是比想象中要费劲… |
[10:27] | I mean, you could have stayed. It’s… | 你可以留在那的 这… |
[10:28] | – No, no, no, don’t… – I texted you that… | -不不 不要… -我在短信里说了… |
[10:30] | No way, no way. | 不行 不要 |
[10:36] | – Shall we get going? – Yes, let’s do it. | -可以出发了吗 -好 出发吧 |
[10:51] | You know, when, I was leaving, | 我要走的时候 |
[10:53] | Arye said, “Happy Purim.” | 阿雅说”普珥节快乐” |
[10:55] | – Is today Purim? – Sunday. | -今天是普珥节吗 -星期天 |
[10:59] | So you know… You know what that means? | 所以你知道… 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[11:03] | Our anniversary. | 我们的纪念日到了 |
[11:06] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么 你在说什么 |
[11:07] | Our anniversary was, September 2nd. | 我们的纪念日是9月2日 |
[11:09] | Not… not of our wedding. | 不… 不是结婚纪念日 |
[11:12] | Of the first time we… | 是我们第一次… |
[11:18] | you know. | 你懂的 |
[11:19] | – After the emergency room. – Right. | -从急诊室回来 -是的 |
[11:21] | After my asthma attack. | 在我哮喘发作之后 |
[11:21] | How do you even remember that date? | 你怎么连日期都记得 |
[11:23] | – Because it was Purim. – Okay. | -因为那天是普珥节 -好吧 |
[11:25] | And I was over at Hoffman’s. | 我当时在霍夫曼家 |
[11:27] | We were drinking ourselves to death. | 喝得醉生梦死 |
[11:28] | And that’s… that’s how the whole thing started. | 就… 一切都是从那开始的 |
[11:33] | I thought maybe… | 我想也许… |
[11:35] | You know what? Would you make a left turn here? | 你知道吗 你可以在这里左转吗 |
[11:36] | No, it’s actually further down. | 不 还有一段距离呢 |
[11:37] | No, I know, but just make a left here. | 不 我知道 这里左转就行 |
[11:41] | Is the place… is the surprise you were talking to me about? | 这个地方… 就是你说的惊喜吗 |
[11:45] | Left. | 左转 |
[11:47] | – Okay, mister. – Right here. | -好吧 先生 -就是这里 |
[11:54] | Actually, you know what? | 事实上 你知道吗 |
[11:55] | Pull over right here. | 在这里靠边停一下 |
[11:57] | You’re not gonna kidnap and murder me, are you? | 你不会是要绑架谋杀我吧 |
[12:00] | Just pull over. | 靠边停就行 |
[12:13] | Can I open my eyes now? | 现在可以睁开眼睛了吗 |
[12:16] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[12:23] | Well? | 现在呢 |
[12:31] | Almost there. | 快到了 |
[12:43] | Open your eyes. | 睁开眼睛吧 |
[12:53] | Surprise. | 惊喜奉上 |
[13:02] | Yeah, so… | 好了 所以… |
[13:04] | I kind of became obsessed with the house. | 我对这栋房子恋恋不舍 |
[13:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:06] | And I’ve been driving by it on my way to work | 我上下班都走这条路 |
[13:10] | and on my way back just to see it. | 就为了看它一眼 |
[13:12] | I know it’s… | 我知道这… |
[13:14] | I know. It’s very sentimental of me. | 我知道我多愁善感了 |
[13:17] | – It’s very nice. – Yeah. | -它很不错 -是的 |
[13:19] | So, anyway, when my parents visited, | 我爸妈去年来过光明节的时候 |
[13:22] | last Hanukkah, I went on Airbnb to find a place | 我在爱彼迎上给他们找住处 |
[13:27] | for them to stay and suddenly, our house popped up. | 突然刷到了我们的房子 |
[13:34] | Yeah, I guess they rent it out | 可能他们出去度假或者什么 |
[13:37] | when they go on vacation or whatever. | 就把房子租出去了 |
[13:39] | So… so I signed up for, alerts. | 所以… 我预约了出租通知 |
[13:47] | So, are they on vacation now? | 他们现在是去度假了吗 |
[13:48] | I guess so. Yeah. | 我想是的 |
[13:55] | So what do you say? | 你意下如何 |
[13:59] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | -可以 -可以 |
[14:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:22] | So… | 那… |
[14:26] | – there’s a lockbox… – Okay. | -有个带锁的盒子… -好的 |
[14:29] | Somewhere. Here it is. | 在哪 在这里 |
[14:35] | Four, five… | 四 五… |
[14:49] | Okay. | 行了 |
[15:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:26] | – Boys. – Crazy? | -家里有俩男孩 -挺不容易的 |
[16:31] | What do you think, like… | 你觉得… |
[16:34] | seven and ten? | 应该是七岁和十岁 |
[16:37] | Yeah, something like that. Yeah. | 差不多那个年纪吧 |
[16:41] | What’s that smell? | 那是什么味道 |
[16:45] | Dead body? | 尸体吗 |
[16:47] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[16:49] | Hockey stink. | 曲棍球 汗臭味 |
[16:52] | It’s worse. | 比尸体更恶心 |
[17:00] | Sweet. | 真好 |
[17:08] | I guess this one they couldn’t really improve. | 这个房间他们没什么改进的余地 |
[17:12] | They kept the light fixtures. | 照明灯具都还留着 |
[17:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:22] | No smoking, no pets, | 禁止吸烟 不能携带宠物 |
[17:25] | no parties or events. | 禁止派对和集会 |
[17:41] | Is that included in the rental? | 这是算在租金里的吗 |
[17:46] | I’ll get them a new one. | 我会给他们买瓶新的 |
[17:49] | You’re such a rebel. | 你真的好叛逆 |
[17:52] | That’s me. | 这就是我 |
[18:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:04] | Happy anniversary. | 纪念日快乐 |
[18:06] | Happy anniversary. | 纪念日快乐 |
[18:14] | Seventeen years. | 十七年了 |
[18:17] | Can you believe it? | 你敢相信吗 |
[18:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:27] | Well, my parents celebrated their 53rd-year anniversary | 我父母庆祝了他们的53周年纪念日 |
[18:30] | this year. | 就在今年 |
[18:32] | That’s… That’s crazy. | 这… 这太难以置信了 |
[18:41] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:46] | Just, I got in a fight with my mom. | 我和我妈吵架了 |
[18:49] | But I kinda picked the fight with her. | 但我有点故意挑事 |
[18:51] | For some reason I was trying to get her to admit | 出于某些原因 我好像在逼她承认 |
[18:54] | that her marriage had been terrible. | 她的婚姻一直都很糟糕 |
[18:57] | You… | 你… |
[18:58] | It’s amazing how you always become like a little boy | 在你妈面前你总是长不大 |
[19:01] | – around your mom. – I know. I don’t know why. | -真是令人惊讶 -是的 我也不知道为什么 |
[19:03] | – Why? – I don’t know why. | -为什么啊 -我不知道 |
[19:05] | Don’t know why I did that. | 不知道为什么要这样 |
[19:10] | At least we talked, you know. Like really talked. | 至少我们 深入交谈过了 |
[19:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:19] | Well, I’m sure she must be so proud of you right now. | 她现在肯定以你为傲了 |
[19:21] | Yeah, in her own way. | 是啊 以她的方式 |
[19:25] | Elisheva told me that she watched my TED Talk | 艾丽雪娃说她看我的TED演讲 |
[19:28] | – like six times. – Really? | -看了整整六遍 -真的吗 |
[19:30] | But she’d never tell me that, though. | 但她绝对不会告诉我 |
[19:32] | And I can’t tell her I know. | 我也不能告诉她我知道 |
[19:33] | You know how that whole dance goes. | 这就是我们的相处方式 |
[19:37] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[19:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:42] | She says hi, by the way. | 顺带一提 她向你问好了 |
[19:45] | – Come on. – It’s true. | -得了吧 -是真的 |
[19:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:55] | You think she suspects something about the two of us? | 你觉得她察觉出我俩的事了 |
[19:58] | – About us? – Yeah. | -关于我俩 -是啊 |
[20:00] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | -你认真的吗 -是啊 |
[20:02] | No way. No, no, no, seriously, no way. | 不可能 绝对不可能 |
[20:05] | How can you be so sure? | 你为何这么确定 |
[20:07] | Because… | 因为… |
[20:08] | Nothing could seem more far-fetched than this. | 再没有比这更离谱的事了 |
[20:12] | It’s completely outside her spectrum of possibilities. | 这完全超出了她的想象范围 |
[20:18] | And, so when she saw us go up to your old room together | 所以她看见我俩一起进你的旧房间 |
[20:24] | when I visited a month ago after your father died… | 还有一个月前 你父亲去世后我登门拜访… |
[20:28] | – That… – What? No, it’s totally acceptable | -这… -没事 服丧期间子女 |
[20:31] | for children to have guests in their old room during Shiva. | 在旧房间接待客人 完全合理 |
[20:35] | Right. | 好吧 |
[20:36] | And, when she knocked on the door | 那她敲门的时候 |
[20:40] | and you didn’t answer it? | 你为什么没有应门呢 |
[20:43] | She thought I was sleeping. I asked her afterwards. I did. | 她以为我在睡觉 我后来问过她了 真的 |
[20:48] | – I’m not convinced. – I’m telling you, | -我不信 -我告诉你 |
[20:50] | if I could never imagine this happening, | 如果我都想不到这事会发生 |
[20:54] | there’s no way she could. | 她绝无可能 |
[20:59] | What did you imagine? | 你以为会发生什么 |
[21:03] | When you came to Shiva? | 你服丧期过来的时候吗 |
[21:09] | Honestly, I was just trying to hide the fact | 说实话 我在很努力地掩饰 |
[21:11] | that I had a massive boner in front of everybody. | 自己在众人面前硬得不行 |
[21:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:16] | I felt it when you hugged me. | 你抱我的时候我感觉到了 |
[21:18] | – I wanted you to feel it. – My God. | -我故意的 -我的天啊 |
[21:26] | And then, when you asked me to go upstairs with you, | 然后 你邀请我和你上楼时 |
[21:30] | I felt that all the eyes in the house were watching us | 我感觉整个房间里的人都在看我们 |
[21:34] | and they knew exactly what was about to happen. | 他们很清楚接下来会发生什么 |
[21:38] | What did that do to you? | 对你来说如何呢 |
[21:40] | It made me wet. | 我湿了 |
[21:51] | It’ was so crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[21:55] | In the middle of all that family shit and grief. | 在糟心的家庭变故和悲痛中 |
[22:03] | And after all that time, you coming in there like that, | 在这一切过后 你就那样到来了 |
[22:05] | like… like an apparition. | 就像… 一个幻影 |
[22:11] | Well, I know. I saw it on your face. | 我知道 我看到你的神情了 |
[22:30] | They’re really, like, making me angry, you know? | 我就是感觉到 很不爽 |
[22:32] | Yeah, I get that. | 我能明白 |
[22:35] | – It’s not ugly. – No. | -也不丑 -对 |
[22:36] | They did a nice job, but like… | 他们做得很好 但就是… |
[22:40] | how dare they, you know? | 怎么能改动我的装修 |
[22:46] | Still, it’s better than a hotel room, right? | 还是比住酒店好 对吧 |
[22:49] | I don’t know. I kind of like a hotel room. | 不好说 我还挺喜欢酒店房间的 |
[22:53] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[22:55] | Something about it’s like, | 这种事情就是 |
[22:57] | it is what it is and it’s not what it’s not. | 感觉对了就行 不对也没办法 |
[23:03] | Yeah, maybe. | 可能吧 |
[23:13] | So… anything going on? | 那… 有发生什么吗 |
[23:20] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 |
[23:21] | What could be happening? | 能发生什么 |
[23:23] | Are you seeing anyone? | 你有和其他人约会吗 |
[23:26] | – Since last week? – Yeah. | -上周之后吗 -对 |
[23:29] | Any promising dates? Anything you wanna… | 有进展不错的吗 你有想要… |
[23:32] | – No. – Take further? | -没有 -更进一步的 |
[23:33] | I told you I don’t want anything serious right now. | 我说过目前不想建立任何正式关系 |
[23:38] | – Why not? – Okay. I have to say, | -为什么 -不得不说 |
[23:40] | you’re getting a little obsessed with the subject | 你过于在意这个话题了 |
[23:42] | and I’m, asking myself what that is about. | 让我开始思考你的企图 |
[23:45] | No, nothing. I’m just… I’m trying to grasp | 没什么 我只是… 试着理解 |
[23:47] | – the concept here. – But what concept? | -这个概念 -什么概念 |
[23:50] | Being alone. This whole “I’m better off alone” thing. | 孤身一人 “一个人更好”这件事 |
[23:54] | It’s not a concept. I’m just happy this way. | 这不是什么概念 只是这样我更快乐 |
[23:58] | Okay. Not totally buying it. | 我才不信 |
[24:04] | Right, you used to always panic whenever I would talk | 以前每次我说到单身的时候 |
[24:06] | about being alone. | 你都会开始恐慌 |
[24:08] | Yeah. You saw it as a sign that, I was in a bad way, | 对 你觉得那表示 我状态不好 |
[24:13] | but reality is, I just… | 但实际是… |
[24:15] | It was something that I felt like I was missing. | 我一直缺失这种体验 |
[24:18] | You know, I’d never really even expected | 要知道 我本来都没想过 |
[24:21] | that I’d ever get married. | 我会结婚 |
[24:23] | Yeah, I remember. | 我记得 |
[24:26] | Even with you. | 哪怕是和你 |
[24:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[24:30] | That night when you proposed and… | 那天晚上你向我求婚… |
[24:33] | – Talked. – All night… | -我们聊了很久 -彻夜长谈… |
[24:35] | – That’s right. – About it. | -是啊 -聊的就是这个 |
[24:38] | Then the next morning, I went to go see my mom. | 第二天早上 我去找了我妈妈 |
[24:41] | I don’t actually… I don’t know if I told you much about this. | 其实我… 不记得跟你说过多少 |
[24:46] | I don’t think so. | 应该没说过 |
[24:48] | It was in, Back Bay. | 我去了后湾区 |
[24:50] | She was living nearby with Julian. | 她当时和朱利安住那附近 |
[24:52] | Her third husband. | 她的第三任丈夫 |
[24:55] | I’m not sure if you even met him. | 不记得你见过他没有 |
[24:56] | Yeah, I think I did. I think I did once. | 见过的 应该见过一次 |
[24:58] | Okay. Well, they split up soon after. | 不过他们没过多久就分开了 |
[25:00] | Anyway, she, she was like… | 总之 她跟我说… |
[25:04] | “Don’t do it.” | “绝对不要” |
[25:06] | Don’t do what? | 不要什么 |
[25:07] | Don’t get married. | 不要结婚 |
[25:09] | – She said that? – Yeah. | -她这么跟你说的 -是的 |
[25:11] | “Jonathan’s a good guy. | “乔纳森是个好男人 |
[25:13] | Best guy you’ve ever been with.” | 是你交往过最好的男人” |
[25:15] | Obviously. | 那是当然 |
[25:16] | “Probably the best guy you’ll ever be with.” | “可能也是你这辈子最好的男人” |
[25:19] | Mom, okay. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[25:21] | “But you know you’re not cut out for getting married. | “但你要知道 你天生不适合结婚 |
[25:23] | You don’t have that gene.” | 你没那个基因” |
[25:26] | She said, “I don’t have it, your father certainly | 她说 “我没有 你爹肯定也没有 |
[25:27] | doesn’t have it, so why would you have it?” | 你又怎么会有呢” |
[25:34] | I mean, this is… This is the woman | 不得不说… 这个女人 |
[25:36] | – that dragged you along on her trysts… – Yeah. | -当年约会的时候一直带着你… -是啊 |
[25:38] | When you were five years old, so I don’t think | 尽管那时侯你才五岁 所以 |
[25:40] | really the person to listen to, right? | 她的意见不可取吧 |
[25:43] | Well, obviously, I didn’t. | 所以 我最后没听啊 |
[25:47] | No, I was gonna prove her wrong, gonna prove it to myself. | 我要向她证明她错了 也证明给自己看 |
[25:52] | So I, you know, spent my life | 所以我花了一辈子 |
[25:54] | trying to prove that I was different. | 想在证明我跟她不一样 |
[25:58] | And that I was gonna make it last. | 证明我能让婚姻走到最后 |
[26:07] | It didn’t last. | 我也没能做到 |
[26:13] | So maybe she was right. | 也许她是对的 |
[26:15] | She’s right? | 她是对的 |
[26:16] | Yeah. Right about the gene? | 是吗 关于基因这一点 |
[26:19] | The monogamy gene? | 一夫一妻制的基因吗 |
[26:21] | No, it’s just maybe… | 不是的 我是觉得… |
[26:25] | maybe it’s not right for me. | 可能婚姻不适合我吧 |
[26:28] | So what, does it mean that you’re doomed? | 所以 你是说你注定单身了吗 |
[26:31] | No. | 不是 |
[26:33] | Jonathan, I’m not doomed. | 乔纳森 我不是注定单身 |
[26:38] | I wonder if it’s hard for you to understand because… | 我想你是不是真的很难理解… |
[26:43] | you really can’t be alone. | 你无法孤身一人 |
[26:45] | I mean, you never could. | 你从来都不能 |
[26:47] | You always needed like, I don’t know, a… | 你生命里一直需要… 怎么说呢… |
[26:52] | witness to your life. | 一个见证人 |
[26:58] | – Witness? – Yeah. | -见证人 -对 |
[27:00] | – Okay. – Yeah. Someone who’s constantly, | -好吧 -是啊 你需要有人 |
[27:02] | you know, seeing you, and… | 一直看着你… |
[27:04] | I mean, like, keeping a record. | 就好像在做记录 |
[27:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:12] | No, did I hurt your feelings? | 这么说伤害到你了吗 |
[27:14] | No, no, no. No, no, I didn’t… | 没有的事 我就是… |
[27:17] | I didn’t realize I was such a burden. | 没意识到自己是个负担 |
[27:19] | You’re not. You weren’t. | 没有 你不是 |
[27:22] | – It’s not personal, you know. – Okay. | -这不是针对你 -好 |
[27:26] | I really think most women feel this way about men. | 我真觉得大部分女人都是这么看男人的 |
[27:31] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[27:36] | I mean, I haven’t been single since I was 15 years old, | 毕竟我从15岁开始就没单身过了 |
[27:41] | you know what I mean? | 你懂我意思吧 |
[27:44] | I realized… | 我感觉… |
[27:48] | it’s kind of refreshing. | 像打开了新世界的大门 |
[28:16] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[28:20] | – Something’s off. – Yeah. | -感觉不太对 -嗯 |
[28:24] | – It’s just so weird. – Yeah. | -太奇怪了 -是啊 |
[28:25] | It’s so weird to be here again. | 重回这里的感觉太奇怪了 |
[28:37] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[28:38] | Yeah. It’s nothing serious. | 嗯 没事 |
[28:45] | Maybe it was a bad idea to come here? | 来这儿是不是个坏主意 |
[28:48] | No, I really am happy you brought me here. | 不会 我很高兴你带我来这里 |
[28:51] | – Yeah? – No, it was a really nice thought. | -是吗 -是啊 想法很棒 |
[28:54] | Yeah, maybe it’s just the day. | 可能就是一天下来 |
[28:57] | It’s just so much. | 发生太多事了 |
[29:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:03] | Yeah, maybe we should have, yeah, postponed it, so. | 也许我们该推迟一下的 |
[29:09] | – Let me get my… – Sure. | -我去拿一下… -去吧 |
[29:12] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[31:32] | Fuck. | 操 |
[31:41] | Hey, Jane. | 喂 简 |
[31:44] | – Jonathan. – Hi, baby. | -乔纳森 -宝贝 |
[31:47] | You only speak to me when you’re, like, really tired. | 你总是在很累很累的时候才跟我打电话 |
[31:50] | No, yeah, I’m still up. I’m still up. | 没有 我醒着呢 我还没睡 |
[31:53] | I’m just talking quietly ’cause Mom fell asleep already. | 我妈已经睡了 我说话不能太大声 |
[31:57] | – Yeah. – So sorry. Is she okay? | -嗯 -抱歉 她还好吗 |
[31:59] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, she’s fine. It’s just… | 还好 她没什么事 只是… |
[32:01] | you know, the whole thing at the ceremony | 葬礼这些事情 |
[32:04] | was really draining for her. | 让她筋疲力竭了 |
[32:06] | God. Are you okay? | 天啊 你还好吗 |
[32:08] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 嗯 没事 |
[32:10] | Yeah. Well, you know how it is. It’s like the… | 你知道的 就是… |
[32:12] | being at the cemetery, and then going to an empty house, | 先是在墓地 然后回到空荡荡的家 |
[32:15] | it was a lot for her. | 冲击力太大了 |
[32:22] | Yes, taking the 6:30 train out of Valley Stream | 对 坐6:30的火车出谷溪 |
[32:26] | then the Amtrak from Penn Station. | 然后从宾州站坐国铁 |
[32:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:31] | – Yep. – So… | -好的 -那… |
[32:35] | Is he up? | 他还醒着吗 |
[32:37] | Okay, he’s right there with you? | 好 他在你旁边吗 |
[32:39] | Yeah, he wants to say hi. | 嗯 他想跟你打招呼 |
[32:41] | Okay. Yeah. Just… | 好 没问题 等下… |
[32:44] | Trying to connect here. | 我来找找信号 |
[32:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:54] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[32:58] | – Say Hi. – Hey, Ethan. | -说嗨 -伊森 |
[33:03] | Bubba, why are you awake? | 宝贝 你怎么还醒着呢 |
[33:05] | He was growing some teeth. Encouraging. | 他在长牙齿了 真不错 |
[33:08] | What’s up now, where are you? | 你现在干什么 你在哪呢 |
[33:10] | I’m in the bathroom. | 我在卫生间 |
[33:13] | – What? – I’m in the bathroom. | -什么 -我在卫生间 |
[33:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:17] | Look, Ethan, can you show Daddy your new trick? | 伊森 给爸爸展示你的新绝活 |
[33:20] | Can you… What does a dog say? | 你能… 狗狗是怎么叫的 |
[33:21] | Woof. | 汪 |
[33:22] | – Woof. – Woof. Woof? | -汪 -汪 汪 |
[33:24] | – Yeah. – My gosh. | -对 -天啊 |
[33:25] | He just did that today? | 他今天学会的吗 |
[33:29] | He’s just, like, wants to party? | 他想去玩吗 |
[33:32] | 米拉 你得来看看 | |
[33:32] | He’s like sleeping and eating because… | 他睡了吃 吃了睡… |
[33:36] | I mean, he’s living the life. | 他很享受生活 |
[33:40] | Man. | 天啊 |
[33:42] | It’s tough? Sorry. | 辛苦你了 对不起 |
[33:45] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[33:46] | – Okay. I love you too. – Bye. | -好 我也爱你 -拜拜 |
[33:47] | 米拉 来阁楼 | |
[33:48] | – Lila tov, bubbelah. – Lila tov. | -晚安 小宝贝 -晚安 |
[33:50] | Say “lila tov,” bye. | 说”晚安” 拜拜 |
[33:52] | Okay, baby. | 好的 宝贝 |
[33:53] | – Okay, I’m gonna try to… – Lila tov. | -好的 我要去… -晚安 |
[33:56] | – Bye, coocoo. – Bye. | -拜拜 宝宝 -拜拜 |
[33:57] | Bye. Bye, cooties. | 拜拜 宝贝儿 |
[33:59] | – Bye. Love to your mom, okay? – Okay. Thanks, sweetie. | -拜拜 向你妈妈问好 -好的 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[34:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:29] | My God. | 我的天 |
[34:33] | I know, right? | 没错 |
[34:36] | My God. | 天啊 |
[34:38] | Can you imagine this as Ava’s room? | 你能想象这是艾娃的房间吗 |
[34:40] | No way, we would have taken it for ourselves. | 不可能 我们留着自己用 |
[34:43] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[34:45] | Is this what you imagined back then? | 这是你原来设想的样子吗 |
[34:46] | Well, yeah, not this big, but… yeah, something like that. | 是的 没这么夸张 但是… 差不多吧 |
[34:52] | So this is what I missed out on, | 这就是我错过的东西了 |
[34:54] | Well, you could have done it yourself. | 你自己也可以的 |
[34:56] | Yes. True. | 这倒是真的 |
[35:09] | Cute. | 真可爱 |
[35:11] | Genius kid. | 天才小孩 |
[35:28] | It is a little over the top, but I have to say | 虽然有点过了 但我必须得说 |
[35:31] | the effect is undeniable. | 效果真的很不错 |
[35:53] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[35:55] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[35:56] | Yeah, sorry, it wasn’t very serious. | 不好意思 不是很严重 |
[35:58] | Sorry, I disappeared on you. | 对不起 我扔下你一个人 |
[36:03] | You got dressed. | 你穿好衣服了 |
[36:06] | You wanted to leave. | 你想走了 |
[36:11] | Yeah, just for a second, but it passed. | 想过 但还是算了 |
[36:19] | Who was that on the phone? | 谁给你打的电话 |
[36:22] | Jane. | 简 |
[36:24] | And Ethan. | 还有伊森 |
[36:26] | Everything all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[36:29] | Yeah, yeah. They just wanted to say goodnight. | 很好 他们只是来说晚安 |
[36:41] | Guilt. | 愧疚 |
[36:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:56] | I think I’m over my obsession with being a good person, | 我已经没有执着于要做个好人了 |
[37:03] | you know? | 你明白吗 |
[37:04] | Constantly checking to make sure I’m doing the right thing. | 不断确认我是否在做正确的事 |
[37:11] | I don’t really have that need anymore, for… | 我不再有这种需求了 对于… |
[37:14] | moral superiority. | 道德优越感的需求 |
[37:17] | I’m no better than anybody else. It’s okay. | 我没比其他人好到哪去 无所谓 |
[37:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:24] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:26] | Just not totally buying it. | 我还是不能完全信服 |
[37:30] | Touché. | 说得好 |
[37:35] | I’m not saying I’m proud of it. | 我不是说我很骄傲 |
[37:39] | The affairs. But, you know… | 关于婚外情 但是… |
[37:43] | I just realized that there’s things that… | 我意识到有些事… |
[37:48] | I mean, I have needs that I’m not… | 我是说 我有一些不太想… |
[37:50] | willing to ignore anymore. | 继续忽略的需求了 |
[37:53] | And, you know, that’s just how it is for me right now. | 这就是我现在的状态 |
[37:58] | Just accepting that. That’s okay. | 接受自己 就可以了 |
[38:02] | “Affairs,” plural? | “婚外情” 还不止一次 |
[38:08] | Yeah, I had… I had something six months ago. | 是 我有过… 六个月前有过一段 |
[38:13] | It was meaningless. | 没动什么真感情 |
[38:17] | Two somethings if you count one-night stands, | 一夜情也算的话就有两段 |
[38:23] | which I don’t, so. | 我觉得不算 所以 |
[38:30] | Maybe you have lost your moral superiority. | 可能你确实失去了道德优越感 |
[38:33] | That doesn’t sound very good when you say it. | 从你嘴里说出来可不太妙啊 |
[38:36] | It’s like, what? | 怎么了 |
[38:38] | I’m the last person to judge. | 我最没资格评判你 |
[38:54] | I didn’t want to marry her. | 我不想跟她结婚的 |
[38:59] | I’m not saying that as a justification for anything. | 我说这个不是要解释什么 |
[39:01] | It’s just the truth. | 只是事实而已 |
[39:05] | But we had a really good time together. | 但我们在一起确实挺快乐 |
[39:09] | And, you know, sometimes it’s easy to confuse | 而且 有时候很容易把好的性爱 |
[39:12] | great sex with love. | 和爱情混为一谈 |
[39:14] | Easy for you. | 对你来说才是 |
[39:16] | I don’t think it’s just me. | 不只是我吧 |
[39:20] | But she got pregnant. | 但她怀孕了 |
[39:25] | And… I really wanted that kid. | 然后… 我很想要那个孩子 |
[39:30] | And, you know, she wanted to get married. | 她又很想结婚 |
[39:32] | And I just thought, why not? | 我就想 为什么不呢 |
[39:34] | What’s the difference between living together | 同居和结婚 |
[39:36] | and getting married? | 有什么差别吗 |
[39:38] | So I said yes. | 所以我答应了 |
[39:42] | Then Ethan was born. | 然后伊森出生了 |
[39:45] | And he’s just… | 他… |
[39:51] | That’s really great. | 挺好的 |
[39:53] | The sex is not. | 性爱不太好 |
[39:55] | It’s not happening at all. | 根本无爱可做 |
[39:58] | But that, you know, since Ethan was born, | 但 自从伊森出生 |
[40:01] | so, obviously. | 所以 很显然 |
[40:03] | But, you know, we’re good. We’re good. | 不过我们蛮好的 挺好的 |
[40:07] | It’s like we have a common language. | 我们有共同语言 |
[40:11] | It’s like meeting somebody that speaks your language. | 两个人很谈得来 |
[40:14] | I realized that she’s the first Jewish woman | 我意识到她是我大学以来 |
[40:16] | that I’ve dated since college. | 第一个犹太裔约会对象 |
[40:18] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对 |
[40:20] | Yeah, I didn’t… didn’t imagine it would be so significant, | 对 我从没想过… 影响会这么大 |
[40:25] | like, knowing the same songs and idioms, the holidays, | 听过一样的歌 知道俗语和节日 |
[40:30] | but it’s nice. It’s comfortable. | 但挺好的 感觉很舒服 |
[40:37] | Don’t you love her? | 你不爱她吗 |
[40:44] | Yeah. Yeah, in a certain way. | 爱的 某种意义上是的 |
[40:54] | What if she finds out about us? | 要是她发现我们的事会怎样 |
[41:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:08] | I guess I’m just… I’m not really scared enough… | 我觉得… 和谁分开… |
[41:13] | of splitting up. | 都没那么让我害怕了 |
[41:16] | In fact, I’m pretty sure it’ll happen eventually. | 实际上 我确定分开是必然的 |
[41:18] | So I don’t really have any illusions about that. | 所以我对此不再报有任何幻想 |
[41:31] | I’ll never love anybody the way that I loved you. | 我不会像爱你一样爱别人了 |
[41:37] | It’s a fact. | 这是事实 |
[41:42] | With you, breaking up was just never on the table. | 我从没想过跟你分开 |
[41:45] | Just never even occurred to me. | 从来没有 |
[41:51] | So it’s just, it’s different, entirely different kind of love. | 所以说 这两种爱有着天壤之别 |
[41:56] | I remember someone said it was like a piece of tape | 我记得有人把它比作 |
[42:00] | that you rip off and try to reapply… | 一段胶带撕下来再贴回去… |
[42:05] | that’ll stick again maybe, | 也许能黏上 |
[42:07] | but it’s never going to be like the first time. | 但不会像一开始那样稳固了 |
[42:13] | It’s really sad, what you’re saying. | 你这么说 好悲哀 |
[42:15] | I don’t know. I don’t think so. | 不用啊 我不觉得 |
[42:16] | I think it’s okay to have different kinds of love. | 爱可以有很多种 |
[42:19] | That’s okay. | 没问题的 |
[42:25] | What? | 怎么了 |
[42:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[42:28] | Just don’t act like it’s cool, you’re never gonna love again. | 别装酷了 你再也不会爱了 |
[42:30] | It’s not that s… | 这不… |
[42:32] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说 |
[42:34] | I mean I’m here with you, aren’t I? | 我不是跟你在一起吗 |
[42:35] | It’s different with me. I mean, | 在我这不一样 |
[42:37] | – it’s not the same, obviously. – Why? | -显然我是特殊情况 -为什么 |
[42:39] | Because we’ve been… | 因为我们已经… |
[42:43] | through the worst that could happen. I mean, | 经历了最糟糕的事情 |
[42:45] | there’s nothing to be afraid of anymore with me. | 不用再担心我会做出什么 |
[42:47] | Yeah, okay, so maybe that’s just… | 对 可能这就是… |
[42:49] | That’s exactly what works for me now. | 现在最适合我的 |
[42:52] | – For us. – God, Jonathan. | -最适合我们的 -天啊 乔纳森 |
[42:53] | What? What? | 怎么了 怎么了 |
[42:56] | Can’t you see we’re both just so fucked up? | 你看不出来吗 我俩真是一团糟 |
[43:00] | We’ve barely even started getting over what happened to us | 我们甚至都没开始走出过去 |
[43:02] | – and… – Yeah, well, it takes time. | -而… -这得花时间 |
[43:03] | Yeah, but it’s been four years. | 没错 但已经四年了 |
[43:06] | We just keep coming up with all these solutions and like… | 我们总在想那些应对方式… |
[43:10] | Why does it take so long to break up? | 为什么分开要花这么久 |
[43:12] | And why does no one talk about the fact that | 为什么没人提过 |
[43:14] | it’s this fucking endless trauma? | 这是种无止境的创伤 |
[43:19] | Well, it… | 嗯… |
[43:21] | It is second on the list of most stressful life events. | 分手是人生压力第二大的事件 |
[43:26] | Before moving. | 第三是搬家 |
[43:33] | After death of a loved one. | 第一是亲人离世 |
[43:38] | So… So we should have a Shiva of our own? | 所以… 可以拥有我们的服丧期吗 |
[43:44] | To mourn? | 来哀悼 |
[43:47] | Yes. | 可以 |
[43:54] | We won’t leave the house for seven days. | 我们七天足不出户 |
[44:00] | Everyone will come and console us. | 大家会来安慰我们 |
[44:05] | And we won’t eat meat or drink wine. | 我们不吃肉不喝酒 |
[44:10] | Or shower. | 不洗澡 |
[44:13] | I can work with that. | 我可以接受 |
[44:16] | We won’t cut our hair or shave. | 不能剪头发或者刮胡子 |
[44:22] | Done. | 没问题 |
[44:24] | No sex. | 不能上床 |
[44:27] | What? That’s forbidden too? | 什么 这也不行 |
[44:30] | Totally. | 完全不行 |
[46:34] | What is it? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 发生什么了 |
[46:39] | Did you have a nightmare? | 你做噩梦了吗 |
[46:42] | – What was it? – God… | -梦见什么了 -天啊… |
[46:49] | We were driving. | 我们在开车 |
[46:57] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[47:14] | My God. | 我的天 |
[47:19] | Fuck. | 操 |
[47:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[47:26] | We were… | 我们… |
[47:29] | We were driving to Lawrence to see my parents | 我们开车去劳伦斯看我父母 |
[47:33] | and, Ava was with us. | 艾娃跟我们在一块 |
[47:39] | We were on the highway. | 我们走的高速 |
[47:42] | There was an accident and there was terrible traffic | 路上发生了事故 堵了几公里长 |
[47:44] | for miles and miles, and so I… | 动都不动 所以我… |
[47:47] | I said to you, “Let’s go back home on foot.” | 我跟你说 “我们走回家吧” |
[47:50] | But we had to cross to the other lane. | 但我们得穿到另一条车道上 |
[47:53] | And you and Ava crossed. | 你和艾娃穿过去了 |
[47:56] | But I didn’t… I couldn’t… You had to push the cars | 但我没… 我没办法… 你得推开车 |
[47:59] | to get through them. | 挤过去 |
[48:00] | Like, you had to physically push them away from each other. | 用手拨开那种 |
[48:03] | But it… but it turns out I didn’t have any hands. | 但… 我发现我没有手 |
[48:06] | I just had like stumps, like, nothing from the elbows down. | 我只有残肢 手肘往下是空的 |
[48:09] | So like, I… it was impossible for me to reach you guys. | 所以 我… 根本不可能跟上你们 |
[48:12] | I’m sorry. | 没事的 |
[48:17] | Hey, come here. | 回来吧 |
[48:19] | It’s cold. | 很冷的 |
[48:42] | You want some water? | 想喝水吗 |
[48:44] | – No. – No? | -不要 -不要吗 |
[48:49] | You know, I could make us some coffee. | 我可以去煮点咖啡 |
[48:51] | Maybe it’s time that we get up anyway. | 我们也该起床了 |
[48:52] | No, don’t go, don’t go anywhere. Just stay. Just stay. | 不 别走 别走 留在这里 |
[48:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[48:56] | Just stay. | 留在这里 |
[49:02] | Do you remember anything else? | 还记得别的什么嘛 |
[49:04] | I’m trying to remember. | 我在回忆 |
[49:09] | You know, yesterday… | 你知道吗 昨天… |
[49:13] | My mom has this notebook… | 我妈有一本笔记本… |
[49:16] | where she wrote down a bunch of things | 记着我很多 |
[49:18] | when I was little, like, you know, | 小时候的事情 |
[49:22] | anecdotes and medical stuff, and dreams. | 挺有趣的 医疗情况 还有梦境 |
[49:26] | That’s really sweet. | 真贴心 |
[49:27] | Yeah, we were looking at it together yesterday. | 我们昨天一起看 |
[49:31] | And there was this one time that she wrote about | 她写有次 |
[49:34] | when I woke up in the middle of the night, | 我半夜醒来 |
[49:36] | I was like three years old or something, and… | 我当时差不多3岁… |
[49:38] | I came into the room | 我走进房间 |
[49:39] | and I was just standing there in the middle of the room | 站在正中间 |
[49:41] | and I said, “I can’t sleep. | 我说 “我睡不着 |
[49:43] | All my dreams are really boring.” | 我的梦都太无聊了” |
[49:47] | And I said to her yesterday, I was like, | 昨天我跟她说 |
[49:49] | “You got it back then, right? You got… you understood | “你当时知道吧 你知道… 你明白 |
[49:52] | that ‘boring’ actually meant scary, right?” | 我说的’无聊’其实是可怕 对吧” |
[49:59] | And she said, “What are you talking about? | 然后她说 “你说什么呢 |
[50:00] | No, you were so cute, no, you didn’t look scared at all.” | 才不是 你多可爱啊 完全不像在害怕” |
[50:07] | She just was incapable of… | 她只是不能… |
[50:12] | She couldn’t… | 她没法… |
[50:22] | Sometimes, I feel… | 我有时感觉… |
[50:27] | like I’m not sure if I have the ability… | 不知道自己是否有能力… |
[50:35] | like if I’ve ever really… | 我是否真正… |
[50:39] | truly loved anyone. | 真心爱过什么人 |
[50:45] | Or if I’ve ever really been loved. | 或者我有没有被真心爱过 |
[50:48] | Okay, now you’re being dramatic. | 好了 你在胡思乱想 |
[50:53] | – Am I? – Yes. | -是吗 -对 |
[50:57] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[51:00] | And I always have, in my own… | 我一直都爱 以我… |
[51:04] | deranged way. | 疯狂错乱的方式 |
[51:09] | And you love me in your own complicated way. | 你用你复杂的方式爱着我 |
[51:15] | And you’ll always love me. | 你也会永远爱我 |
[51:52] | “In the middle of the night, | “午夜时分 |
[51:57] | without any fanfare, | 万籁俱寂 |
[52:00] | in a dark house somewhere in the world.” | 昏暗小屋 地球某处” |
[52:07] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[52:11] | It’s from a movie. | 电影里的台词 |
[52:44] | – Okay. Let’s cut. – All right, we cut. | -好了 卡 -搞定 杀青 |
[52:51] | Here you are, guys. | 你们穿这个吧 |