Skip to content

电影台词-单词统计

电影台词-单词统计

  • 首页
  • 豆瓣TOP250
  • 动画
  • 英美剧集台词
  • 英美剧单词统计
  • 纪录片台词
  • 英文书单词统计
  • Toggle search form

Scoop(独家新闻)[2006]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on 2024年6月13日 By jubentaici_movie_user Scoop(独家新闻)[2006]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计无评论
电影名称:独家新闻
英文名称:Scoop
年代:2006

推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 英文 中文
[01:41] Don’t mourn for Joe Strombel. 不要为乔·斯特劳博悲伤
[01:45] Joe Strombel led a full life. 乔·斯特劳博的一生很辉煌
[01:48] A newspaperman in the best tradition. 他是个典型的新闻工作者
[01:51] A great credit to the fourth estate. 在新闻界中有很高的声望
[01:54] It didn’t matter if the bombs in the war zone were falling. 不管是在战区爆炸的炸弹
[01:58] It didn’t matter how high up the political scandal went, 不管是多大的政治丑闻
[02:02] or how many big corporations 不管有多少大企业
[02:04] or small-time racketeers leaned on him. 或者小的投机者依靠他
[02:08] Whatever the risk, if there was a story there, 无论有多大风险 只要有新闻存在
[02:11] Joe went after it. And he usually got it. 乔就一定会追踪 而且他总能从中挖掘出什么
[02:16] Well, I was with him when the story broke about Prince Charles, 他关于查尔斯王子的那篇报道
[02:18] and that made him persona non grata with the Royal Family. 使他成为不受王室欢迎的人
[02:21] Except with Diana. They always remained good friends. 除了黛安娜王妃 他们一直都是好朋友
[02:24] He did love a woman. 看来他还是喜欢女人的
[02:26] Hey, did you know he started as a police reporter? 你知道吗 他是从警察记者做起的
[02:28] Did he? Yeah, he was a bloody good one. 是吗 他可是个好手
[02:30] One of the best. Maybe the best. 最好的警察记者之一 也许是最顶尖的
[02:32] I got trapped with Joe once in Afghanistan. 我有一次和乔在阿富汗被抓了
[02:34] Yeah? 是吗
[02:35] And we were going to be shot any moment by the Taliban, until, 当时我们随时都有被塔利班枪决的危险
[02:38] typically, Joe found someone to bribe 结果乔向其中的一个人行贿
[02:40] so we could escape. 我们才得以逃脱
[02:42] -Not with his own money, though. -No, no, he got it on expenses. -不是用他自己的钱吧 -不是 不是 后来报销了
[02:45] -Plus 10%. -Ten percent. -多报了10% -10%
[02:47] But it did involve us getting out wearing burkas. 不过我们确实是穿着长袍逃脱的
[02:50] And, well, we lived to write another day. 我们活下来继续写新闻
[02:53] -Everyone loved him. -Yeah. -每个人都爱他 -嗯
[02:54] Not always at British intelligence. 英国情报部门可不是
[02:56] No, but he got the information before anyone else. 是的 但他总比别人提前得到消息
[02:58] Yeah, he did. That’s right. Not Richard Nixon, though. 是的 没错 理查·尼克松也不如他快
[03:01] Well, wherever you are now, Joe, it won’t be the same without you, mate. 乔 无论你现在身在何处 没有你整个世界都不同了
[03:06] To Joe. Joe Strombel. 敬乔 敬乔·斯特劳博
[03:29] Where are we headed? 我们这是去哪
[03:35] Does this mean anything to you? 这个对你有用吗
[03:49] He doesn’t give answers. Tried it. 他不会回答的 我试过了
[03:53] Joe Strombel. Coronary thrombosis. 乔·斯特劳博 死于冠状动脉血栓
[03:56] Jane Cook. 我叫简·库克
[03:58] -So, what do you do? -Reporter. -你是干什么的 -记者
[04:00] -Hmm. -You? -嗯 -你呢
[04:02] I’m… Well, I was personal secretary to Peter Lyman. 嗯…我曾是彼得·莱曼的私人秘书
[04:07] -Lord Lyman’s son. -Yes, impressive young man. -莱曼勋爵的儿子 -是啊 令人印象很深的年轻人
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1637个。
其中的生词包含:四级词汇:285个,六级词汇:163个,GRE词汇:189个,托福词汇:239个,考研词汇:329个,专四词汇:268个,专八词汇:61个,
所有生词标注共:617个。
定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本
[04:10] -You knew him? -No, only by reputation. -你认识他 -不认识 只是听说过
[04:13] But I like what I know. 但是我觉得他是个不错的年轻人
[04:15] I think he’s got a real future in politics. 我想他肯定会在政界大展宏图的
[04:19] How did you die? 你是怎么死的
[04:21] I think I was poisoned. 我认为我是被人下毒的
[04:23] You think? 你认为
[04:25] Why? 为何
[04:27] I believe I was poisoned 我相信我是被人下毒了
[04:28] because I was on the verge of confirming a terrible suspicion. 因为我马上就要证实一个可怕的猜测
[04:32] Yes? What suspicion is that? 是吗 什么猜测
[04:36] That Peter Lyman is the serial killer 彼得·莱曼是连环杀手
[04:38] known to the police as the Tarot Card Killer. 也就是警方所谓的塔罗牌杀手
[04:42] What? 什么
[04:44] I assume you’re aware of that case? 我以为你知道那个案子
[04:46] Yeah, I wrote an article two years ago, 对 我两年前曾写过一篇报道 那
[04:48] when the Tarot killings first started. 时塔罗牌连环杀人案刚开始
[04:49] But Peter Lyman? My God. 凶手是彼得·莱曼 我的天啊
[04:52] What on earth made you suspect 到底是什么让你怀疑
[04:54] this rich, young handsome, above-reproach citizen? 这个富有 年轻 英俊 完美的年轻人
[04:57] You remember the last murder? The police found a clue. 你还记得上一起谋杀案吗 警方找到了一条线索
[05:00] Yes, a cufflink. I read about it in the paper. 是的 一枚袖扣 我在报纸上看到了
[05:02] Unusual antique, wasn’t it? 很罕见的古董 是吧
[05:03] Yep. Very rare Art Deco. 嗯 很稀有的装饰品
[05:06] Peter had the exact pair. 彼得就有那么一对
[05:10] So could have the Tarot Killer. 塔罗牌杀手可能也有啊
[05:11] The world is full of coincidences. 这世界充满巧合
[05:13] Yeah, except I noticed that Peter only had one left. 是的 但是我发现彼得只剩下一个袖扣
[05:17] He’d lost the other. 另一个丢了
[05:20] Still, 尽管如此
[05:21] although it’s a tantalizing thought. 尽管你的结论有点操之过急
[05:23] Did you inform the police, or was that too sticky? 你有没有通知警方 还是这件事太困难了
[05:26] I didn’t know what to do, so I phoned my lawyer 我不知道该怎么办 所以我给我的律师打了电话
[05:28] and I asked his advice on whether to report it or not. 我向他征求意见 是否要向警察报告
[05:30] And I thought I heard this click on the phone, 我想我在电话里听到了滴答声
[05:34] you know, like someone had been listening. 就像有人在监听
[05:36] Later that day, after tea, 后来晚些时候 喝过茶之后
[05:39] I died suddenly. 我突然就死了
[05:46] That is suspicious. 这很可疑
[05:51] My God, Peter Lyman. 我的天啊 彼得·莱曼
[05:53] Hard to believe, but if he did turn out to be the Tarot Killer, 难以置信 但如果他真是塔罗牌杀手
[05:57] what a story. 可真是个大新闻啊
[05:58] I knew you’d appreciate it when you said 当你告诉我你是记者时
[05:59] you were a reporter. 我就知道你会感谢我提供的这个线索的
[06:01] This would be a dynamite scoop. And I got it first. 这可真是特大的独家新闻啊 我是第一个得到的
[06:04] Yeah. Unfortunately, where you’re headed there is no first. 嗯 但是很不幸 你要去的地方没有第一
[06:07] There’s only last. 只有最后
[06:19] Mr. Tinsley! Loved your last picture. 廷斯利先生 我很喜欢你上一部电影
[06:21] You really have a way with actors. 你挑选演员可真有一套
[06:22] Think you could maybe… Please wait! 你可能是…请等一下
[06:25] -Mr. Tinsley? -Yeah. -廷斯利先生 -嗯
[06:28] -Sondra Pransky. -Who? -我是桑德拉·波兰斯基 -谁
[06:31] Sondra Pransky. I’m the journalism student from Adair. 桑德拉·波兰斯基 我是从阿达尔来的新闻系学生
[06:34] I wrote to you about getting an interview for the school newspaper. 我给您写过信 想为校报做一篇你的专访
[06:37] Oh… 哦…
[06:38] And you, well, your secretary, actually, because… Not you. 你…不 是您的秘书说…
[06:41] I mean, I know how busy film directors get and all. 我是说 我知道电影导演有多忙
[06:44] But you said if I was in London visiting, then you would, you know, 但你说过如果我来伦敦游玩的话 您会同意的
[06:47] and here I am, which is fantastic. 现在我来了 真是太好了
[06:49] I think I have your letter, actually. 我带来您的信了
[06:51] -See, right now I’m a bit tied up. -Here it is! -看 现在我有点忙 -就是这个
[06:54] Here it is. This is so great for me. 就是这个 这对我太重要了
[06:56] I mean, you’ve got a huge following in Rochester. 您在罗切斯特有很多粉丝
[06:59] It gets very cold there. 那边现在很冷
[07:00] With your new movie coming out in the fall, and… Well… 随着你新片秋季上映…
[07:03] Actually, 实际上…
[07:05] I was wondering if we could just ask you a couple of questions. 我想知道您能否回答我几个问题
[07:09] -Do you mind? -Okay, okay, but we got to be real quick. -您介意吗 -好吧 好吧 不过我们得快点
[07:30] I write for the cultural part of the paper. 我为报纸写文化版面
[07:32] I’m looking to move into more serious pieces. 我想写几个更严肃的话题
[07:35] And when you say something more serious, that’s… 你说你想写更严肃的话题…
[07:42] You really want to know? 您真想知道
[07:45] Well, originally, I wasn’t going to go to college. 原来我没打算上大学
[07:47] I was going to become a dental hygienist like my sister, Beverly. 我想像我姐姐贝弗莉一样成为牙医
[07:50] And, don’t get me wrong, it’s a great profession. 别误解 这职业很好
[07:52] I have very high respect for teeth and gums, particularly gums. 我很看重牙齿和牙龈的 尤其是牙龈
[07:56] My whole family’s in orthodontics. But… 我家人都从事牙齿校正行业 但…
[07:57] -And what? You’re vacationing here? -Oh, yes. -但什么 你是来这度假的 -是的
[08:01] Oh, I’m just very friendly with a very upper class British family. 我和这的一个贵族英国家庭处得很好
[08:05] Our families vacationed in Palm Beach together. 我们一家当时在棕榈滩度假
[08:08] My mother won a visit to Palm Beach 我妈赢了到棕榈滩观光的机会
[08:09] and I became friends with their granddaughter, Vivian. 我和那个家族的孙女薇薇安成了好朋友
[08:12] She’s so lovely. She’ll stay with us… 她很可爱 她将和我们住一起…
[08:13] -Another? -Oh, thanks. -还要吗 -哦 谢谢
[08:17] So I slept with him and I didn’t even get the interview. 我和他上了床却没对他进行专访
[08:21] I mean, what kind of a reporter am l? 我是说 我算是什么记者
[08:22] How was the sex? Give me all the details. 性的方面怎么样 告诉我全部细节
[08:24] Who knows? I was so drunk, I don’t even remember. 谁知道呢 我喝醉了 什么都记不得了
[08:27] All I know is that the second it was over, 我只记得刚完事
[08:29] he got a phone call and had to leave suddenly for Thailand. 他就接到一个电话 然后马上去了泰国
[08:31] Thailand? 泰国
[08:32] Yeah, Justin Richards got fired from some project and he had to take over. 是的 贾斯廷·理查德被那个项目解雇了 他得去顶替
[08:36] What difference does it make? 那有什么区别呢
[08:37] The point is, I told the whole school 重要的是 我告诉整个学校
[08:39] I’d get an exclusive with Michael Tinsley! 我要对麦克·廷斯利进行独家专访
[08:41] You were nervous. 你当时太紧张了
[08:42] You’re inexperienced. You drank. 你没经验 你喝醉了
[08:44] He’s a charming genius. 他是个迷人的天才
[08:46] But you know, you’re a very attractive, sexy girl. 但你也是个迷人性感的女孩
[08:48] If you’re going to interview movers and shakers in their hotel rooms, 如果你在宾馆采访影星歌星
[08:51] you better watch out. 你最好小心点
[08:52] Not that I’d mind a roll in the hay with Michael Tinsley. 倒不是我介意你和麦克·廷斯利翻云覆雨
[08:55] I’ve put some fresh towels in your bedroom, Sondra. 我放了几条干净的毛巾在你卧室 桑德拉
[08:58] Thank you, Mrs. Thompson. 谢谢 汤普森夫人
[09:00] Come on, sweetheart. Chop, chop. You’re gonna be late. 快点 甜心 你要迟到了
[09:03] -Oh, Mom. -The point is I didn’t get the story! -哦 妈妈 -关键是我没拿到新闻
[09:05] I mean, if I’d used my feminine wiles 我是说 如果我用了女性的魅力
[09:07] Iike Katharine Hepburn or Rosalind Russell. 就像凯瑟琳·赫本和 罗莎琳德·拉塞尔一样
[09:09] Oh, come on. 哦 算了吧
[09:10] We’ll go have lunch at The lvy, 我们到爱维餐厅吃饭
[09:12] and then we’ll take my little brother 然后带上我的弟弟
[09:14] to see that show he’s so excited about, 去看他一直想看的演出
[09:15] and then we’ll go to that party tonight. 今天晚上我们去参加派对
[09:17] There’ll be loads of gorgeous guys there. 那里可有大批的帅哥
[09:19] And you’re always saying all the men you meet are complete losers. 你总是说你遇到的男人都很衰
[09:22] So you blew the story. It’s not life or death. 你没搞定新闻 但这没什么大不了
[10:01] Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves 女士们先生们 请准备好
[10:03] for the astonishing magic 观看惊奇魔术
[10:05] of Splendini! 有请思朋兰迪尼
[10:56] Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, you’re an incredible audience 谢谢 女士们先生们 你们是非常优秀的观众
[10:58] and I mean that sincerely. I say that from the bottom of my heart. 我是很诚恳的 这话是发自我内心的
[11:00] You know, every time I come to London, this great city, 每次我来到伦敦这个伟大的城市
[11:03] I always get a sincere sensation, 我总有一种很诚挚的感觉
[11:05] because you’re marvelous people, beautiful humans. 因为你们是如此不可思议 如此美丽
[11:09] And for my next experiment… 为了下面的实验…
[11:11] And I call it an experiment, you see, not a trick. 我称之为实验 而不是戏法
[11:13] I’m gonna need a volunteer. 我需要一个志愿者
[11:15] So if you’ll step out and find someone for me. 请你下去帮我找个人上来
[11:17] This is kind of dangerous stuff so no children here. 这实验有点危险 小朋友就算了
[11:21] I need a grown-up volunteer. 我需要个成人志愿者
[11:23] Someone who’s willing to put her life on the line. 一个愿意冒险的人
[11:33] -Is this your first time on stage? -Yes. -这是你第一次上台 -是的
[11:35] Yes, you’ve never done… Well, you got nothing to be afraid of. 你从来没有…你一点也不用害怕
[11:37] You nervous? Don’t be nervous. 你紧张吗 不要紧张
[11:40] What’s your name? Tell them your name. 你叫什么 告诉大家你的名字
[11:41] Sondra Pransky. 桑德拉·波兰斯基
[11:42] A landsman! United States! Fantastic! 原来是同胞啊 美国 太棒了
[11:45] And where are you from, Sondra? No, don’t tell me, 你从哪来 桑德拉 不 先别告诉我
[11:48] ’cause I got a great ear for that kind of thing. 因为我的耳朵能听到
[11:51] Alabama! Am I right? Am I right? 阿拉巴马 对吧 对吧
[11:54] -Close. -Yeah? -接近了 -是吗
[11:55] -I’m from Brooklyn. -Incredible! -我从布鲁克林来的 -不可思议
[11:57] God bless you, sweetheart. I’m from Brooklyn, too. 上帝保佑你 甜心 我也是从布鲁克林来的
[11:59] That is fantastic. I feel such love coming from this woman. 真奇妙 我从这个女孩身上感到浓浓爱意
[12:02] I can’t tell you. It’s really… 我没法说出来 那真是…
[12:03] I say this with all sincerity from the bottom of my heart. 我是真诚的 这是发自我内心的
[12:06] You’re an incredible human being and a credit to your race. 你是个了不起的人 是人类的骄傲
[12:09] Sondra, let me ask you a question. What do you do? Tell them what you do. 桑德拉 我问你个问题 你是干什么的 告诉大家
[12:13] I’m a student. 我是个学生
[12:14] Yeah? A student? And what are you studying? 是吗 学生 学什么的
[12:18] No. No, wait! I got an instinct for what a person is studying. 不 等等 我有能感应到你所学专业的直觉
[12:21] For exactly what you’d be right for. 真正适合你的专业
[12:24] Dental hygienist! 你是学牙医的
[12:26] Was I close? 接近吗
[12:29] No, I’m a journalism student. 不 我是学新闻的
[12:30] You study journalism. Well, if you… 你学新闻 那如果你…
[12:34] Have you ever been dematerialized before? 你以前有”消失”过吗
[12:36] -No. -No? Well, there’s nothing to be afraid of. -没有 -没有 没什么可怕的
[12:39] I’m just going to agitate some of your molecules and split them apart. 我只是要激发出一些你体内的分子 然后把它们分开来
[12:41] -It’s not gonna hurt. -I just ate. Is this gonna make me… -不会很痛的 -我刚吃完饭 这会不会让我…
[12:43] You just ate. She said she… 你刚吃过饭 她说…
[12:45] I’ll do the jokes, Sondra. 桑德拉 玩笑还是都留给我来说
[12:47] Now, Sondra, I’m going to ask you to step into that box 现在 桑德拉 我要你走进那个盒子
[12:51] and I’m gonna have your molecules split up. I’m gonna split ’em up. 我要把你体内的分子分开
[12:54] It’s gonna be very painless. And I’m gonna put you back together again. 一点也不疼 然后我再把你还原回来
[12:56] Don’t tickle me. 别搔我痒
[12:58] Tell them what you just said to me. You got to hear this. 告诉大家你刚和我说的 你们得听听
[13:01] Tell them what you said to me. 告诉大家你和我说了什么
[13:02] -No, tell them, tell them. -No. -不 快说吧 快说吧 -不
[13:04] She said, “Don’t tickle me.” 她说”别搔我痒”
[13:06] God bless you, sweetheart. 上帝保佑你 甜心
[13:08] You got a fantastic sense of humor. 你很有幽默感
[13:10] You know if more people in the world had a sense of humor, 如果世界上有更多的人有幽默感
[13:12] we would not be in the state we are in today. 我们就不是现在这样了
[13:14] I kid you not. 我说着玩的
[13:18] Get in the box. Get in the box, Sondra. Go ahead. 进盒子里吧 进去吧 桑德拉
[13:20] In the box. Go ahead. Get in the box. Get in the box. Hurry up. 进去吧 快点
[13:23] I’m going to agitate the molecules now. Miss Sondra Mandelbaum. 我现在要激发分子了 桑德拉·门德尔博母小姐
[13:26] Pransky. 是波兰斯基
[13:27] Pransky, Mandelbaum. What’s the… 波兰斯基 门德尔博母…
[13:28] We take off the same holidays. Doesn’t matter. 我们都是同胞 无所谓的
[13:31] Get in the box, sweetheart, and don’t be scared. 进去吧 甜心 别害怕
[13:33] You in there? 你在里面吗
[13:39] -You’re a journalist, right? -Oh, my God. What are you doing in here? -你是个记者吧 -哦 天啊 你在这干什么
[13:42] Aren’t you a journalist? Yeah? 你是不是记者 是吗
[13:44] I mean, those are the vibrations I’ve been concentrating on. 我是说 我现在只关心这个问题
[13:46] Are you ready, Sondra? 好了吗 桑德拉
[13:48] I’m Joe Strombel, reporter, and I have the scoop of the decade 我是乔·斯特劳博 记者 我有近几年难得的
[13:51] about the Tarot Card murder case. 关于塔罗牌谋杀案的独家新闻
[13:53] I mean if it pans out, it’ll be fantastic. 我是说 如果这消息可靠的话就太棒了
[13:55] It’s got everything. Big names, murder, prostitution. 这里面什么都有 大人物 谋杀 卖淫
[13:58] I’m going to start agitating your molecules. 我要激发你的分子了
[14:01] You’re a journalist. I’ve got some information for you. 你是个记者 我给你点信息
[14:04] Big story. Big, big, big scoop. 重大新闻 惊世骇俗的独家新闻
[14:06] Peter Lyman… 彼得·莱曼…
[14:27] Come on out, Sondra. Come on out, sweetheart. Come on out, sweetheart. 出来吧 桑德拉 出来吧 甜心
[14:31] The trick’s over. It’s over. It’s over. 戏法结束了 结束了
[14:33] She’s a little stunned. She’s never been on stage before. So, you know… 她有点晕了 她从没到台上来过
[14:37] She’s a little stunned. 所以她有点晕了
[14:38] Are your molecules okay? Is everything feeling good? 你的分子没事吧 感觉还不错吧
[14:40] You all in shape? You got all your parts? 你还是完整的吧
[14:43] That’s fantastic. 太神奇了
[14:45] Okay, Sondra, take your seat. Go back to your seat. Go back to your seat. 好吧 桑德拉 回到座位上吧
[14:48] Go ahead. She’s great. Let’s hear it for her. She’s great. Go ahead. 回去吧 她很棒 给她鼓鼓掌 她很棒 去吧
[14:51] Go ahead. Go back to your seat. 回去吧 回到你座位上去吧
[15:10] Will you take out the blue light, please? 能不能拿掉蓝色的灯
[15:13] ‘Cause I’m getting a completely 因为我对蓝色
[15:14] negative vibration from the blue. 完全没有感应
[15:16] It’s not right. 这样不好
[15:18] There’s a lady to see you, sir. 有位女士要见您 先生
[15:20] Hey, Mandelbaum! From the school newspaper, am I right? 嘿 门德尔博母 校报派来的吧
[15:24] No, Pransky. 不 我叫波兰斯基
[15:25] Listen, I have to talk to you about something very serious. 听着 我有件很严重的事情要跟您说
[15:27] When you put me inside that box… 你把我放进盒子里的时候
[15:29] I smell a frivolous lawsuit here. 我在这闻到一股轻率的诉讼的气味
[15:31] You going to tell me you’re getting headaches now or something? Dizzy spells? 你是不是要告诉我 你现在头疼眩晕什么的
[15:34] No. No. When you put me inside that Chinese box… 不 你把我放进那个中式盒子里时
[15:37] Yeah, the dematerializer. 嗯 那是物质消失机
[15:39] …a spirit materialized. 一个灵魂出现了
[15:41] Uh-huh… 嗯…
[15:42] No, Mr. Splendini, I’m very serious about this. 思朋兰迪尼先生 我可是很认真的
[15:44] You can drop the Splendini. My name is Sidney Waterman. 你别叫我思朋兰迪尼了 我的名字是西德尼·沃特曼
[15:47] You know what I mean? I just go exotic 你知道什么意思 我有时只是
[15:48] to give the square haircuts a little charisma now and then. 想标新立异 增加一点魅力而已
[15:51] Look, the spirit appeared right next to me! 那个灵魂就出现在我旁边
[15:54] At first I thought he was one of your stooges. 开始我以为他是你的助手
[15:56] I don’t work with stooges, you know, 我不需要助手 否则的话
[15:58] because you gotta pay them health benefits. 你得付他们健康费
[15:59] But then he told me his name was Joe Strombel, 但他告诉我他叫乔·斯特劳博
[16:01] a journalist from the land of the departed. 一个死去的记者
[16:03] I couldn’t believe it. 我不能相信
[16:04] I’m a journalist, he’s a journalist. 我是记者 他也是记者
[16:06] I mean, our vibes must have kind of meshed together and… 我是说我们的感应有点共鸣
[16:09] You know, he didn’t say that, in so many words, 他没明确的这么说
[16:11] but I’m putting two and two together here. 但是我觉得我们有关联
[16:12] Do me a favor, put two and two together someplace else, 帮我个忙 到别处关联去吧
[16:15] because I’m very, very busy. So, do you mind? 我很忙 非常忙 你介意吗
[16:18] Listen, I Googled him, okay? 听着 我在网上搜索了他一下
[16:20] There is a Joe Strombel 确实有个叫乔·斯特劳博的人
[16:21] and he died three days ago. Uh-huh. 三天前死掉了
[16:23] Just put me back in the box. 再把我放进盒子里吧
[16:29] Now, I’m going to agitate the molecules, 现在我要激发分子了
[16:34] so let me know if anything happens, 如果有什么事发生快告诉我
[16:36] you know, just keep me posted. I’ll be right here. 有事就告诉我 我就在这
[16:40] The molecules are whirling. 分子转动起来了
[16:43] Mr. Strombel? Joe? 斯特劳博先生 乔
[16:46] It’s Sondra Pransky here. 我是桑德拉·波兰斯基
[16:48] I’m a journalist at Adair. 我是阿达尔来的记者
[16:50] I know you may have been aiming a little bit higher, 我知道你可能找个更有资历的人
[16:52] but I assure you, 但我向你保证
[16:54] whatever I lack in experience, I make up for in dedication. 尽管我缺少经验 但是我会很努力的
[16:57] I’m beginning to lose patience, Sondra. 我快不耐烦了 桑德拉
[17:01] So, let’s go. Is there anybody in there at all? 好啦 里面有人吗
[17:04] Nothing. Nothing yet. 没有 还没有
[17:06] Okay, that’s it. Finito. I’ve had it. 就这样吧 结束了 我已经尽力了
[17:10] Come on, sweetheart. And if I were you, 出来吧 甜心 如果我是你
[17:12] I would not tell this episode to anyone else, 我是不把这事告诉别人的
[17:14] because they’ll take away your driver’s license. 因为他们会吊销你的驾照
[17:16] -I don’t understand. -What? What’s to understand? -我不明白 -明白什么
[17:18] -I thought that… -It’s plywood. I built it. -我以为…-这是夹板的 我自己做的
[17:20] What’re you thinking, there are spirits? 你在想什么 真的有灵魂
[17:21] And there’s a world of departed people? 真的有冥界
[17:23] I don’t know what you’ve been smoking, 我不知道你抽的是什么烟
[17:25] but don’t try and bring it through customs. 但是别指望能通过海关
[17:27] Darling, I’m a little late. 亲爱的 有点晚了
[17:29] Sweetheart, I love you. You know that. 甜心 我喜欢你 你知道的
[17:31] I say this with all due respect, but… I… 我这么说是真心的 但我…
[17:32] Sondra? Sondra? 桑德拉 桑德拉
[17:34] -Mr. Strombel. -Listen to me, Sondra. -斯特劳博先生 -听我说 桑德拉
[17:36] Carefully. Listen to me, hmm? Write this down. This is a big story. 仔细听 写下来 这可是大新闻
[17:41] You got a pen? 你有笔吗
[17:43] I only have a minute. Would you hurry? 我时间不多 你能快点吗
[17:47] Fine. 好的
[17:48] There’s every reason to believe that Peter Lyman… You got that name? 有充分的理由相信彼得·莱曼…你记下名字了
[17:50] -Yes. -Peter Lyman. Son of Lord Lyman, -是的 -彼得·莱曼 莱曼勋爵的儿子
[17:53] a respected businessman, hmm? 受人尊敬的商人
[17:55] Rich, good-looking, very successful. 富有 英俊 事业有成
[17:58] That Peter Lyman is the Tarot Card Serial Killer. 这个彼得·莱曼就是塔罗牌连环杀手
[18:02] Now, just write this down. 把这个写下来
[18:03] If so, that he’s murdered a dozen women. 如果这是这样的话 他就谋杀了12个女人
[18:06] Short-haired, brunette prostitutes. 黑色短发的妓女
[18:08] And if it turns out to be Lyman, 如果真是莱曼干的
[18:09] this will be the biggest story to hit London since Jack the Ripper. 那就是自”开膛手杰克”以来 伦敦最大的新闻
[18:11] “Jack the Ripper.” Is that capitalized? “开膛手杰克” 是大写的吗
[18:13] There’s no knowing where he’ll strike next, 不清楚下次他要在哪里作案
[18:16] but more women will be murdered until he is stopped. 但是除非抓住他 否则会有更多的女人被害
[18:19] That’s horrible! We have to notify the police. 真可怕 我们得报告警察
[18:21] No, no. What kind of reporter are you? 不 你是什么记者
[18:23] That would be a disaster! God, no! 那将会是个大灾难 天啊 不要
[18:25] He’s a respected millionaire. You can’t accuse anyone, 他是个受人尊敬的百万富翁 你在没有确切证据的情况下
[18:28] Iet alone someone like that without substantial proof. 是不能指控任何人的
[18:30] And once you’ve alerted him to the suspicion… That he is under suspicion, 而且一旦他知道自己是嫌疑人
[18:35] then he’ll be impossible to trap. 他就不可能被逮到了
[18:36] Not to mention doubly dangerous. 那样危险性就更大了
[18:38] There’s also a possibility that he poisoned his secretary 很有可能他毒死了他的秘书
[18:41] because he suspected that she was learning the truth. 因为他怀疑她知道了真相
[18:44] No, you have to get the story first, 不 你得先拿到新闻
[18:47] but first you have to get the story right! 但是首先你要保证你的新闻是准确的
[18:49] There’s no certainty in this, or… 这里面没什么确定性
[18:52] I got a feeling in my gut about this. 我的直觉这么告诉我的
[18:54] The kind that journalists dream about. 那种记者梦寐以求的直觉
[18:57] And so far, no one else has the information. 目前未知 这事没有别人知道
[19:00] Oh, if I was around today, 如果我现在还活着
[19:02] I’d find a way to get the facts 我会有办法挖掘真相
[19:04] and break this case wide open! 并且把这事公之于众的
[19:06] Now, believe me, Sondra. 现在 相信我 桑德拉
[19:09] You can wait your whole life for a story like this. 这是千载难逢的大新闻
[19:12] Don’t blow it. 别搞砸了
[19:14] And be careful. Lives are in the balance. 小心点 生命悬而未决
[19:17] Possibly, maybe yours. 有可能就是你的生命有危险
[19:19] Got to go. Got to go. 该走了 该走了
[19:34] -That’s it for me. -You got to help me with this. -没我什么事了 -你得帮助我
[19:36] Not me, honey. I’m a prestidigitator. 我可不行 甜心 我只是个变戏法的
[19:38] I do coin tricks and card tricks. 我变硬币和扑克戏法
[19:39] And I’m a journalist sitting on top of 我是个记者
[19:41] one of the biggest stories of all time! 眼前有一个惊天动地的大新闻
[19:43] Yeah. For a college paper! 嗯 对校报来说是大新闻
[19:44] Kid, you’re in over your head. 孩子 你头脑发热了
[19:46] -You know what you should do? You should share this story. -Share it? -你知道该干什么吗 把消息公布出来 -公布
[19:49] No! I gotta dig up the facts 不 我要发掘真相
[19:51] and then I gotta shop it around to every paper in town. 而且要卖给城里每家报纸
[19:53] Look at her. 看看她
[19:55] Soon you’ll be drinking the black coffee 很快你就会喝着黑咖啡
[19:57] and smoking cigarettes with the hat back. Now, what kind of… 抽着香烟 反戴着帽子 那你是那种…
[19:58] We don’t have much time here. 我们没多少时间了
[20:00] I mean, we got to strike! You know this guy’s a serial killer. 我是说 我们得行动 那家伙是连环杀手
[20:03] He could just kill at any moment! 他随时都可能杀人
[20:05] I heard that part. That’s when I knew I was gonna make other plans. 我听到那部分了 那时我就知道我得制定别的计划
[20:08] You should go call the police. That’s what I’d do. 你应该打电话给警察 我就会这么做
[20:10] Yeah, and what am I gonna tell them? 嗯 我怎么跟警察说
[20:12] Tell them that… Exactly what he told you. 就说…就说他告诉你的那些
[20:14] That Lord Lyman’s son, Peter, is… He suspects he’s a serial killer. 莱曼勋爵的儿子 彼得 有嫌疑是连环杀手
[20:18] Uh-huh, and when they ask me where I got this information from? 嗯 他们问我从哪得到的消息怎么办
[20:21] Well, tell them! You know, just say, you know tell them… 嗯 告诉他么那 你就告诉他们说…
[20:25] Just explain to them that… 就解释说…
[20:26] You know, say that… Tell them… 就说是…
[20:29] Where did you get the information? 你从哪得到的消息
[20:31] Was that the question that you just asked? 你刚才问的是这个问题吗
[20:34] I would not say anything if I were you ’cause they’ll put you away. 如果我是你我就什么也不说 因为他们会把你关起来的
[20:37] That’s exactly what I’m saying. 这恰恰是我要说的
[20:39] I’m gonna say, “l got this information from a dead guy”? 我就说”我从一个死人那得到消息”的
[20:42] Listen, this is not for me, Sondra. I don’t do this. 听着 这不是我的事 桑德拉 我不会参与的
[20:45] I do occasional bar mitzvahs and kids’ parties. 我偶尔参加成人仪式和孩子们的派对
[20:48] You know, you’re barking up the wrong tree. 你找错人了
[20:51] Peter Lyman. Who is Peter Lyman, you know? 彼得·莱曼 他是谁 你知道吗
[20:53] How can we meet him? 我们怎样能见到他
[20:56] How can we see what we’re dealing with here? 我们怎样才能知道在和谁打交道
[21:06] What the hell are we doing here? 我们到底在干什么
[21:07] You don’t even know what the guy looks like. 你甚至不知道那家伙长什么样子
[21:09] That’s why we’re here. 这正是我们来这的原因
[21:10] I just couldn’t get a clear picture of him on the lnternet, so… 我没法在网上找到他清晰的照片
[21:13] Jesus. And what are we going to do if we see him? 天啊 我们见到他该怎么办
[21:17] I mean, what are you gonna learn by looking at him? 我是说 你看着他能知道什么
[21:19] Unless he strangles a passerby. 除非他掐死过路人
[21:22] I don’t know, Sidney. I’m improvising. 我不知道 西德尼 我在准备
[21:25] I should be home, working on my magic. 我应该在家钻研我的魔术
[21:28] Hey, why don’t you think about this 嘿 你为何不考虑一下
[21:30] as adding some excitement to your life? 就当是在生活中增加点兴奋点
[21:32] Hey, sweetheart, excitement in my life 嘿 甜心 我生活中的兴奋点
[21:35] is dinner without heartburn after it. 就是晚饭后没有胃痛
[21:39] Do you have a family? 你有家人吗
[21:43] I had a wife, but she dumped me, if you can believe that. 我有过一个老婆 但她甩了我 你能相信吗
[21:49] Somehow… 不知为何…
[21:51] She thought I was immature and that I never grew up. 她认为我不成熟 总也长不大
[21:54] Now, I had a great rebuttal for her. 我使劲地反驳她
[21:57] I could have nailed her, you know, 我本来要打她的
[21:58] but I raised my hand and she would not call on me. 但我抬起手 她居然叫我打她
[22:03] -Sidney… -What? -西德尼…-怎么
[22:04] That’s him. 那就是他
[22:09] Let’s follow him. 我们跟着他
[22:11] Follow? What do you want to follow him for? 跟着 跟着他干什么
[22:13] I’m telling you. We need clues, we need a lead. We gotta start someplace. 我说了 我们需要线索 我们得从什么地方开始下手
[22:17] No, darling, I do not think this is a good idea. 不 亲爱的 这可不是好主意
[22:19] It’s a very good idea. 这是个非常好的主意
[22:23] Come on! 快来啊
[22:31] Be careful. 小心点
[22:34] Hey, don’t touch anything. 嘿 什么都别碰
[22:36] You know, if you break something here, 你如果打碎了这里的什么东西
[22:38] you’re gonna be washing dishes the rest of your life. 你这辈子就得洗盘子赚钱赔他们了
[22:46] Okay, now you’ve seen him. Let’s go. 你见过他了 我们走吧
[22:48] Jerry! It’s Jerry Burke, Louis’ chiropractor. 杰瑞 这是杰瑞·博克 路易斯的按摩师
[22:52] Hi. Nice to see you. 嗨 很高兴见到你
[22:53] That’s how you follow a guy? It’s not even Peter Lyman! 你就这样跟踪别人 那根本就不是彼得·莱曼
[22:56] I told you the photos weren’t clear. 我说过网上的照片不清楚
[22:58] Sweetheart, you should live and be well, prosper. 甜心 你应该好好活着
[23:01] I hope… I say this with all due respect. 我希望…我这些话都是发自内心的
[23:04] But without me. 我不是你生活中的一部分
[23:06] I’m tired, I’m bored, I’m hungry, I’m going home. God love you. 我累了 烦了 饿了 我要回家 上帝保佑你
[23:09] -I’ll look for your byline. -Sidney! -我等着看你的大作 -西德尼
[23:13] -I’m about to become your favorite person. -Why? -我就要成为你的最爱了 -为何
[23:16] I ran into someone today who said that Peter Lyman 我今天碰到一个人
[23:18] swims at the Governor’s Club every day. 说彼得·莱曼每天在市长俱乐部游泳
[23:21] Really? What’s the Governor’s Club? 真的 市长俱乐部是什么
[23:22] It’s this posh, private club, 是个豪华的私人俱乐部
[23:24] but Daddy’s partner’s a member and members are allowed to bring guests. 但是老爸的合伙人是会员 会员可以带客人去
[23:26] Wow, do you think I could bring someone? 你看我能带人去吗
[23:28] I’m sure Daddy can arrange it. When do you want to go? 老爸肯定可以安排的 你打算什么时候去
[23:39] How can I help you? 能为您效劳吗
[23:41] Hi. We’re guests of the Fultons. 嗨 我们是富尔顿家的客人
[23:43] We’re here to take a dip. 我们到这来泡一泡
[23:45] Oh, yes, yes. The lockers are on the first floor. 哦 好啊 柜子在1楼
[23:47] -The pool’s downstairs. -Great. -游泳池在楼下 -好的
[23:49] By the way, is Peter Lyman here, by any chance? 顺便问一下 彼得·莱曼在这吗
[23:52] Mr. Lyman. 莱曼先生
[23:53] Yes, came in a few minutes ago. 在 几分钟前来的
[23:54] What color bathing suit does he have on? 他穿什么颜色的泳裤
[23:56] Hey. 嘿
[23:57] I… Do you want me to clash with him? 我…你想让我和他撞衫吗
[24:02] So silly. 太傻了
[24:04] -So do you swim? -Of course I don’t swim. You have to ask? -你游泳吗 -当然不游泳 你非要问吗
[24:07] What? They say it’s the best form of exercise. 什么 他们说这是最好的健身方式之一
[24:09] Yes, but when I go into the water, 嗯 但我一下到水里
[24:11] my glasses, you know, float off my head into the pool. 我的眼镜就从我脑袋上滑下去 漂进池子里了
[24:16] Hey, Sidney, that’s got to be him. 嘿 西德尼 那肯定是他
[24:18] Yeah, well, make sure this time. 这次看好了
[24:19] ‘Cause I don’t want to swim around after another chiropractor. 因为我可不想跟在另一个按摩师后面游泳
[24:22] Hmm, he’s very handsome. 嘿 他可真帅
[24:24] This guy is a serial killer like I play for the New York Jets. 这家伙是个连环杀手 就像我在纽约喷汽机队打球的角色
[24:29] How can we meet him? 我们怎样才能认识他
[24:31] I don’t know. They have a class system. 不知道 他们有等级系统
[24:34] He’s an aristocrat, and, you know, we’re commoners. 他是贵族 我们是平民
[24:37] In fact, according to his system, 实际上 按照他们的系统
[24:39] I think we’re probably classified as scum. 我看我们也许就是最底层
[24:41] This is our only chance. He’s all alone. 这是我们唯一的机会 他现在是一个人
[24:44] Well, you’re a pretty girl. 你是个美女
[24:45] You know, I think you could probably get this guy to get interested in you. 我想你能让这家伙迷上你
[24:49] Don’t be silly. Particularly if he’s got a twisted mind. 别傻了 特别是他心理不正常
[24:54] Look, I can’t just go up to him and say, “Hi, how are you?” 听着 我不能径直上去说”你好啊”
[24:56] I mean, what if he gets suspicious, or, you know, 我是说 如果他起疑怎么办
[25:00] if he gets put off, or… 如果他无动于衷呢 或者…
[25:02] Drown. 溺水
[25:04] -What? -Drown! Drown! I’ll go get… I’ll go get… -什么 -溺水 溺水 我去找…
[25:06] Listen to me! 听我说
[25:08] I’ll go get coffee. 我去拿咖啡
[25:09] Get a cramp, go in the water, flounder around, 抽筋 到水里 挣扎一下
[25:12] you know. Yes! 对啦
[25:14] Go ahead, sweetheart. That’s a great idea. 去吧 甜心 这是个好主意
[25:17] He’ll be obliged to save you that way. 那样他不得不救你
[25:19] And if he doesn’t… If, you know… Then I’ll notify your parents. 如果他不管…我会通知你的父母的
[25:53] Help! 救命
[26:00] Help! 救命
[26:11] It’s all right. Shh. 没事的
[26:14] It’s okay. There you go. 没事了 好了
[26:17] -Are you all right? -Okay. -你没事吧 -没事
[26:19] I’m sorry. 对不起
[26:20] All right, here. Here we are. 好吧 我们到了
[26:22] -Here we are. You all right? -Thank you. -好了 你没事吧 -谢谢
[26:24] -You okay? -Yes, thank you very much. -你没事吧 -没事 很感谢你
[26:27] -Sorry. -It’s my pleasure. Here, let me help you out. -对不起 -没什么 我帮你上去
[26:31] I’m not a very good swimmer. 我不大会游泳
[26:33] It’s all right. 没什么
[26:34] My leg cramped. 我的腿抽筋了
[26:35] Your leg? Here, stretch it out. 你的腿 伸直
[26:37] -Oh. -That’s it. -哦 -就这样
[26:38] -Thank you. -No problem. -谢谢 -没什么
[26:39] Listen, you should always do a little stretching before you go in. 你下水前应该做点准备活动
[26:42] -You know, that way you won’t cramp. -Oh, thank you very much. -那样就不会抽筋了 -非常感谢你
[26:44] I haven’t been swimming in so long. 我好长时间没有游过泳了
[26:48] You’re a new face. 你是新来的吧
[26:49] Have you just become a member? 你刚成为会员吗
[26:51] Oh, no, I’m a guest of the Fultons. 不 我是富尔顿家的客人
[26:53] Oh, right, Jack Fulton. Yes, lovely chap. 哦 杰克·富尔顿 很好的家伙
[26:56] -I’m Peter Lyman, by the way. -Hi, Son… -我叫彼得·莱曼 -你好 我叫桑…
[26:59] Sond… 桑…
[27:02] Jade. 贞德
[27:03] Jade Spence. 贞德·思朋斯
[27:05] Jade Julliard Spence. 贞德·朱莉亚·思朋斯
[27:07] -That’s a very pretty name. -Thank you. -很好听的名字 -谢谢
[27:10] Yes, we’re the Spences of… Of Palm Beach. 我们是棕榈滩的思朋斯家
[27:14] Oh, not the same Spences who own the shipping line? 不是那个搞航运的思朋斯家吧
[27:17] No, no, no. 不是 不是
[27:18] My father’s into silver and gold 我爸爸是开金银矿的
[27:22] -and drilling. -Ah. -以及钻孔 -啊
[27:24] For wells. 打井
[27:26] What are you doing in London? 你到伦敦来做什么
[27:28] I’m here visiting friends in Holland Park. 我来看望住在荷兰公园的朋友
[27:31] Oh, good. What do you do, Jade? 哦 不错 你是做什么的 贞德
[27:33] Well, I am an actress. 我是个演员
[27:36] -Oh, really? -Mmm-hmm. -真的 -嗯
[27:38] Yes, actually I’m up for the part of Desiree 实际上我会出演麦克·廷斯利的新片
[27:40] in the new Mike Tinsley film. 欲望中的角色
[27:42] Oh, well, you’re certainly beautiful enough. 哦 你当然足够漂亮了
[27:44] Thank you. 谢谢
[27:46] Look, Jade, 听着 贞德
[27:48] if you’re not busy, 如果你不忙
[27:49] my father’s giving a garden party at the estate on Sunday 我父亲星期天要在庄园 举行个花园派对
[27:52] and I’d love you to come. 我希望你能来
[27:53] I’d be very happy to be your date and show you around. 我将很乐意带你四处看看
[27:56] The English countryside is very lovely this time of the year. 这个时候英国乡村是很漂亮的
[27:59] -Sounds fantastic. -Good. -真不错 -好
[28:02] Do you mind if I bring my father? 我带我爸爸来你介意吗
[28:04] Your father? 你爸爸
[28:06] Oh, look! There he is right now. 哦 看 他就在那边
[28:08] Ah. 啊
[28:09] I was in the lounge. I heard you drowning. 我在休闲室 我听说你溺水
[28:11] I finished my tea and scones and came immediately. 我喝完茶吃完烤饼就马上跑过来了
[28:15] Dad, this is Peter Lyman, 爸爸 这是彼得·莱曼
[28:16] who was nice enough to rescue me. 他救了我
[28:18] Dad? 爸爸
[28:23] Yes, of course, child! 哦 当然啦 孩子
[28:25] She cannot swim. The girl cannot swim. 她不会游泳 这孩子不会游泳
[28:28] Like a lead weight, she sinks to the bottom all the time. 就像是铅块 她总是沉底
[28:32] It’s a family trait. Lack of buoyancy, or… Her siblings have it as well. 有点家庭遗传了 缺少浮力 她的兄弟姐妹都这样
[28:36] Yes, well, listen, pleasure to meet you, Mr. Spence, right? 很高兴见到你 是思朋斯先生吧
[28:38] Yes. 嗯
[28:40] Yes, and I’ll see you on Sunday at the estate. 星期天在庄园里见
[28:42] Oh, great. Sunday? What’s Sunday? Not a fox hunt? 星期天 去做什么 不会是打狐狸吧
[28:44] No. No, Dad. I’ll explain it to you later. 不是啦 爸爸 回头再给你解释
[28:48] Listen, I’ll leave all the information at the desk, all right? 我会把所有信息留在桌子上 好吧
[28:50] Hey, come, child. 来吧 孩子
[28:53] What kind of idiot are you? Not a fox hunt? 你算是哪种傻瓜 “不会是打狐狸吧”
[28:56] I’d like to talk to these people in their own terms. 我喜欢用这些人的术语和他们说话
[28:59] And, oh, thanks for telling him I’m your father. 哦 谢谢你告诉他我是你爸爸
[29:02] Oh, incidentally, he thinks my name is Jade Spence, 哦 顺便说下 他认为我叫贞德·思朋斯
[29:05] so that makes you Mr. Spence. 所以你就是思朋斯先生
[29:06] Wait a minute, l… This is too tricky. I don’t want to go ahead with this. 等等 这太骗人了 我不想继续下去了
[29:10] Why? What’s wrong with you? 为什么 你是怎么了
[29:11] Your whole life is deception. You’re a magician. 你这辈子都在骗人 你是魔术师
[29:13] Yes, I’m a magician and I want to stay a magician. 我是魔术师 而且我只想当魔术师
[29:15] Can I have a Coke please? 我想喝杯可乐
[29:16] I don’t want to get sued or deported 我不想因为跟踪骚扰别人
[29:18] or arrested for stalking somebody. 惹上官司 被驱逐出境或者被逮捕
[29:21] This is a big guy you’re dealing with. 你要对付的是个大人物
[29:23] This is a big story, no kidding. That’s what Joe Strombel said. 这是个大新闻 不是闹着玩 这是乔·斯特劳博说的
[29:26] That’s why he returned, you know. This is his last big scoop. 他就是因为这个才回来的 这是他最后的独家新闻
[29:29] Hey. What do I care about Joe Strombel? 我管他乔·斯特劳博呢
[29:30] Suddenly I’m taking direction from a hunk of ectoplasm? 突然间我见要听从一个鬼魂的
[29:34] This could be very big for my career. 这是我事业上的大事
[29:36] Your career’s fine. You’re on the college Bugle, or whatever it is. 你的事业很不错 你在”先锋”学校 管它什么学校呢
[29:40] You got years for scoops. 你还有好多年能做独家新闻呢
[29:42] You know what? Forget you, all right. 你知道吗 你算了吧
[29:43] I’ll do this on my own. I don’t need you. Go back to your card tricks. 我自己干 不需要你 玩你的扑克牌把戏去吧
[29:46] I didn’t say I wouldn’t help you. 我没说我不帮你
[29:48] You know, I just… It has to be done properly. 我只是…这事要恰当的办
[29:51] You know, we gotta put our heads together. 我们得集思广益
[29:53] If we put our heads together, you’ll hear a hollow noise. 如果那样 你只会听到没用的噪音
[30:15] Look at this place. All it’s missing is a moat. 看看这地方 只缺条护城河了
[30:22] Ooh! Hey, I could get used to this. 哦 嘿 我能习惯这个
[30:25] Look at this. 看看这个
[30:29] Oh, there he is. Remember, Jade Spence. 他来了 记住 我叫贞德·思朋斯
[30:32] Jade… Jade, who? 贞德…什么来着
[30:36] -Ah. -There you are. -啊 -你们来啦
[30:38] -Hello. -How are you? Welcome, Mr. Spence and Jade. -你好啊 -你好啊 欢迎 思朋斯先生 贞德
[30:40] Mr. Spence. 思朋斯先生
[30:42] -You look stunning. Stunning. -Oh, thank you. It’s beautiful here. -您看上去好极了 -谢谢 这很漂亮
[30:45] Thank you. Thank you. Yes. 谢谢 谢谢
[30:46] It’s been in the family for years. About 400 years. 这座庄园我家拥有400年了
[30:49] It’s a little stuffy for my taste, but… Oh. 对我来说有点乏味 但…
[30:51] She said, “All that’s missing is a moat.” 她说”这只缺护城河了”
[30:53] -Right. -I love that. I love the moat line. -对 -我喜欢 我喜欢护城河
[30:56] “All that’s missing is a moat.” Beautiful. “这只缺护城河了” 太好了
[30:58] Ah, this is my father. 啊 这是我父亲
[31:00] Father, Stephen Lyman, this is… These are my friends from America 我父亲 斯蒂芬·莱曼 这是我的美国朋友
[31:02] -I was telling you about. -Oh, Lord Lyman. -我和你说过的 -哦 莱曼勋爵
[31:03] Jade Spence, Mr. Spence. 贞德·思朋斯 还有思朋斯先生
[31:05] -How are you? -Hello. -你好 -你好
[31:06] -Curtsey, curtsey, curtsey. -I’ve never met a Lord before. -屈膝礼…屈膝礼…-我从没见过勋爵
[31:10] How exciting! 真激动啊
[31:11] No, but there was that Earl that we… There was that Earl. 不 有位伯爵我们见过…
[31:14] I do hope you’re enjoying yourself. 我衷心希望你们能玩得愉快
[31:15] Peter, why don’t you show them around? 彼得 何不带他们四处走走
[31:17] Absolutely. Would you like that? 当然 要走走吗
[31:19] Oh, it… Charmed, I’m sure. 哦 很好啊
[31:21] Should we hit the buffet table first though? 我们是不是该先吃点东西
[31:24] -No, Dad. -Because the stuff looks great. -不 爸爸 -因为那些吃的看着不错
[31:25] Remember, we wanted to look around. 还记得吗 我们要四处看看的
[31:27] Yes, of course, of course, blessed offspring. 当然 当然 听女儿的
[31:28] Why don’t we get a drink and then we’ll start inside? 我们何不喝点什么 然后从里面开始呢
[31:31] -Oh, okay. -Come. -哦 好啊 -来
[31:37] Yes, I love this room here. We often spend evenings in here. 我喜欢这间屋子 我们晚上经常待在这
[31:40] The English countryside! 英国的乡村
[31:42] It’s elegant, yet understated. I like that. 很雅致 而且朴素 我喜欢
[31:45] You’ve done wonders with the place. 你一定花了不少功夫在这房间吧
[31:47] It brings to mind Trollope. 让我想起了特洛罗普
[31:49] Oh, do you enjoy reading Trollope, too? 哦 你也喜欢读特洛罗普的书
[31:50] No, no, not the author. This was a girl I knew. 不不 不是那个作家 我说的是我认识的一个女孩
[31:53] Well, come. Let’s go upstairs and have a look at the view. 我们上楼看看风景吧
[31:56] Oh. 哦
[31:57] Would you quit fooling around! What’s wrong with you? 不要再犯傻了好不好 你到底怎么了
[32:00] Try to pick up clues, try to remember things. I’m charming him. 我在发掘线索 记住事情 我在对他施魔法
[32:02] I remember. I got a mnemonic system that I use. 我在记 我有个记忆系统
[32:05] -I use images, it’s a trick. -Uh-huh, yeah. -我利用图像 这是个窍门 -嗯嗯 是的
[32:07] Say I want to remember this ashtray. 比如我要记住这个烟灰缸
[32:09] I think of, like, 50 ashtrays dancing 我就想成50个烟灰缸
[32:11] on a desert island in hula skirts or something 在荒岛上跳草裙舞
[32:13] and then I remember. I can call it to mind whenever l… 然后我就记住了 随时能想起来
[32:15] Where are you going? 你要去哪
[32:17] This is one of the drawing rooms. 这是画室之一
[32:19] Wow, this is really beautiful, isn’t it? 喔 真漂亮啊 是不是
[32:21] Oh, here we have… This is my great-grandfather. 哦 这是…我的曾祖父
[32:24] There’s grandfather and his wife, Lady Hayden. 这是祖父 还有他的妻子 海登女士
[32:27] Reminds me of the portrait of Aunt Hillary in the library, no? 让我想起了图书馆的希拉里阿姨的画像
[32:30] Game woman, Hillary. Suffragette, I believe. Yeah. Diphtheria took her. 勇敢的女人 希拉里 妇女参政权论者 死于白喉
[32:35] Or perhaps it was elm blight. 也许是榆树病
[32:38] Come on, Dad. 好啦 爸爸
[32:40] Oh, this is just beautiful. Wow. 哦 这可真漂亮
[32:42] Yes. I love the lake. Do either of you fish? 嗯 我喜欢这湖 你们会钓鱼吗
[32:45] -No, no, never have. -Oh, I’ll have to teach you. -不 从来没钓过 -我来教教你
[32:47] I’ve taken some salmon, you know. Organic. 我钓到过大马哈鱼
[32:50] Yes, me, too. I fly fish a little. But… 我也是 我有时飞鱼 但…
[32:53] So, Jade, do you enjoy concerts? 贞德 你喜欢音乐会吗
[32:55] I’m very big on the Philharmonic. 我可是个交响音乐会爱好者
[32:56] We sponsor, in fact. 实际上 我们在赞助
[32:58] I used to play the violin, very, very badly. 我以前拉小提琴 拉得很不好
[33:00] But I have a number of… Well, actually quite a large musical collection. 但我收藏了不少乐器
[33:05] Do you play an instrument, either of you? 你们有谁弹奏乐器吗
[33:07] Because we have these lovely music gatherings. 因为我们收藏了很多音乐
[33:08] I do. Yes, I play the… 是的 我弹奏…
[33:11] Various classics, you know, Noel Coward and Shakespeare and… 各种古典音乐 诺维·考沃还有莎士比亚…
[33:14] Right. We gave her piano lessons when she was a little girl, 嗯 她小时候 我们给她上过钢琴课
[33:18] but her fingers were just too stubby. So… 但她的手指太短粗了 所以…
[33:21] Yes, what about you, Mr. Spence? 你呢 思朋斯先生
[33:23] Well, I play the blues harp. 我吹口琴
[33:25] It’s a little metal thing you put in your mouth 是小的金属做的乐器 你放进嘴里
[33:27] and makes a twanging sound. Very musical. Yes, yes. -发出像拨弦的声音 很好听 -嗯
[33:30] Used to be called the Jew’s harp, but you know how those people are. 以前叫犹太人口琴 你知道那些人什么样
[33:33] The slightest hint of anti-Semitism and they write letters. 有点反犹太主义 他们写信抗议
[33:36] I would love it if you could teach me how to fly fish. That would be great. 我想你教教我钓鱼
[33:39] Oh, it would be my pleasure. 我很愿意
[33:42] Okay, I want you to watch me very closely. Pay very strict attention here. 我要你仔细看好了 仔细看好
[33:45] Now I want you to take a card. 现在我要你抽一张牌
[33:47] Take any card you like. You got it? 随便哪一张都行 明白吗
[33:48] -Go ahead, sweetheart. Take it. You got it? -Mmm-hmm. -抽吧 甜心 好了 -嗯
[33:50] Now put it in your pocketbook. Put the card… 把牌放进你的手提袋
[33:52] She’s gonna put the card in her pocketbook. 她要把牌放进手提袋里
[33:53] You got it? All right, now tell everybody what the card was. 现在告诉大家那张牌是什么
[33:55] -It was the six of hearts. -Six of hearts. -是红心6 -红心6
[33:57] Can I ask you a question? 我能问个问题吗
[33:58] Was it this six of hearts? 是这张红心6吗
[34:01] But I just put that in my bag. 但我刚刚放进包里啊
[34:02] Well, check your card. Check your card. 看看你的牌
[34:05] It’s amazing! 太神奇了
[34:07] You’re a wonderful sport, Claire. 谢谢你的配合 克莱尔
[34:08] I mean that sincerely. God bless you. 真诚地感谢你 上帝保佑你
[34:10] You’re a very sweet woman, and this has been a great group. 你是非常可爱的女人 大家是非常伟大的团体
[34:13] From the bottom of my heart, I say this with all due respect. 我是发自内心说这些话的
[34:16] You’re a wonderful… A credit to your race 你很棒 你是人类的骄傲
[34:18] and a magnificent group of people. 大家是个优秀的团体
[34:20] You know, I must find out who does the hedges here. 我想知道这些篱笆是谁修剪的
[34:22] Back home, my topiary moose 在我家 我用灌木修剪的鹿
[34:24] is starting to look a little shabby around the antlers. 鹿角有点破损了
[34:26] What do you do, Mr. Spence? 你是干什么的 思朋斯先生
[34:28] Me? I’m in real estate. 我 我搞房地产
[34:31] I’m sorry, I’m in oil! I’m in oil. 抱歉 是石油生意
[34:32] I was in real estate, 以前搞房地产
[34:34] but, you know, land is so difficult to come by now, especially outdoors. 但现在土地很难获得了 尤其是野外的
[34:39] It’s become a problem. 这是个问题
[34:40] Incidentally, I accept your invitation. 顺便说下 我接受您的邀请
[34:43] I will play poker this weekend. 这周末我会来打扑克的
[34:45] Now that I’ve seen how good you are at cards, can we trust you? 既然我已经见识过你的身手 我们能相信你吗
[34:52] Tell me about yourself, Peter. This is all so new to me. 说说你自己吧 彼得 这对我太新鲜了
[34:54] Well, what would you like to know? 你想知道什么呢
[34:56] Well, I don’t know. Anything you’d care to reveal. 不知道 随便说说吧
[35:00] You know, your hopes, your dreams. 比如你的愿望啦 你的梦想啦
[35:04] Well, I come from a privileged family, as I’m sure you can tell. 我生在贵族家庭 你肯定看得出来
[35:08] It was always decided one day I would enter politics. 进入政界是板上钉钉的了
[35:11] My hobbies are polo and… Oh, I own some racehorses. 我喜欢马球 我有好几匹赛马
[35:15] -Hmm. -So, how’s that for a start? -嗯 -这样开始怎么样
[35:18] And what are your hopes and dreams? 你的希望和梦想是什么
[35:21] I like to dance and visit museums 我喜欢跳舞 参观博物馆
[35:25] -and, oh, I can cook Chinese food. -Ah. -我还会做中国菜 -啊
[35:27] If you know any good Chinese restaurants… 如果你知道好的中国餐馆…
[35:31] Oh, I’ve gotten very interested in New Age phenomena recently. 我最近对新世纪现象比较感兴趣
[35:36] Like what? 比如什么
[35:38] You know, mystical things like 神秘的事情
[35:42] -astrology and crystals and Tarot. -Mmm-hmm. -比如占星术 水晶 还有塔罗牌 -嗯
[35:47] Do you know anything about Tarot cards? 你了解占卜的塔罗牌吗
[35:50] Not really. I’m more scientific-minded. 不太了解 我更相信科学
[35:52] I find that if… 我发现…
[35:55] What are you staring at? 你在看什么
[35:58] Hmm? Oh. 嗯 哦
[36:00] You have wonderful enamel. 你牙齿上的珐琅质很好看
[36:02] Thank you. Thank you. 谢谢 谢谢
[36:05] You know, I’d love to take you dancing one night. I’m a good dancer. 我想哪天晚上请你跳舞 我跳得不错
[36:08] Oh, I would love that. That would be great. 很好啊 那会很棒
[36:10] Can I confess something? 我能坦白一件事吗
[36:12] Sure. 当然
[36:13] I just love an American accent, 我喜欢上美国口音了
[36:14] and I find much of what you say very amusing. 我发现你说的话很有趣
[36:17] Oh. 哦
[36:18] I’ll take that as a compliment. 我就把这话当成赞美了
[36:20] And since you like Chinese food, 既然你喜欢中国菜
[36:22] I’m gonna have my new secretary 我让我的新秘书
[36:23] send you a list of the great ones in town. 给你一份城里高级中餐厅的名单
[36:26] -Oh, you have a new secretary? -Oh, yes. -你有新秘书 -哦 是的
[36:28] Yes, I’m breaking in someone new. 我雇了一个新的
[36:31] My previous secretary died, a young woman, just very suddenly of a blood clot. 以前的秘书死了 她还很年轻 死于急性血栓
[36:35] It was awful. 真可怕
[36:37] Did they do an autopsy? 他们验尸了吗
[36:40] How did we get on to this morbid subject? 我们干吗说这个可怕的事情
[36:42] So, you’ve never seen a real English garden before? 你从没见过真正的英国花园吧
[36:44] Come. I have a couple of treasures. 来 我有一些宝贝
[37:11] -Would I offend you if I told you something? -Probably not. -我说一件事不会冒犯你吧 -不会吧
[37:15] You’re very… Very different from the women I usually meet. 你很…你和我以前见过的女人很不同
[37:19] Hmm. 嗯
[37:21] That’s a good thing. 是好事
[37:22] Well, I just can’t seem to get the vision of you in your swimsuit out of my mind. 我没法从脑海里抹掉你穿泳装的样子
[37:25] Oh, I’m glad you liked it. 很高兴你喜欢
[37:27] It was marked down. 被记下了
[37:28] See, that… Now that’s exactly what I mean. 这就是我的意思
[37:31] You just have this very direct and informal way about you. 你有直接和放松的一面
[37:34] -It’s… You take after your father. -Mmm-hmm. Great. -你照顾你父亲 -嗯 对
[37:37] And you have a very sensual quality. 你外表很迷人
[37:41] It’s… But I’m sure you’ve been told that. 我肯定别人对你说过这些
[37:43] Wow. You work really fast. 喔 你进行得太快了
[37:45] Oh, God. Am l overbearingly aggressive? I’ll stop. 天啊 我是不是太冒犯了 我不会这样了
[37:48] Oh, no, don’t! 不 不要
[37:49] You just were getting warmed up. 你刚才是热身
[37:51] Are you romantic by nature? 你是不是天生浪漫
[37:53] I mean, I won’t say, “Do you believe in love at first sight?” 我不会说”你是否相信一见钟情 “
[37:55] because that’s a cliché but… 因为那是陈词滥调 但是…
[37:58] Have you ever had an experience 你有没有经历过
[38:01] where a bell goes off just right away? 一下子记起什么的感觉
[38:03] Sorry. I need those. 抱歉 我需要这个
[38:06] You see, I can’t wear contacts. 我不戴隐形眼镜
[38:07] I don’t like to put my finger on my eyeball. 因为我不喜欢把手指放在眼球上面
[38:18] Well, goodbye. We must meet for tea and crumpets again. 再见 我们回头还要一起喝茶吃点心
[38:22] We really must. 一定
[38:23] Ta-ta! 再见
[38:25] I could have strangled you if you didn’t shut up! 你如果还没闭上嘴我可能就掐死你了
[38:27] And stop telling people I sprang from your loins. 还有别再说我是你生的
[38:30] I’m trying to cement the fact that I’m your father! 我在巩固我是你爸爸这个事实
[38:33] That guy was so fantastic. I can’t imagine he’d do anything bad. 这家伙真好 很难想象他会做坏事
[38:35] This guy is not a serial killer, believe me. 这家伙不是连环杀手 相信我
[38:38] I’d be very surprised if he even killed one person. 他杀死一个人我都会感到很奇怪
[38:42] He asked me to go dancing next week. 他邀请我下周跳舞
[38:44] That’s a perfect strategy! You worm your way in like a rodent or a roach 步步深入真是个完美的策略
[38:48] and as the crumbs fall off the table, 一旦发现蛛丝马迹
[38:50] -you collect them and we analyze them. Aha! Voilà! -Thanks. Thanks a lot. -你收集起来然后我们分析 哈 -谢谢 非常感谢
[38:53] Look at this. Look at this. Look what I got. “Betty G.” 看看这个 看我得到了什么 “贝蒂·G”
[38:56] -Yeah. -What is this? -嗯 -这是什么
[38:58] It’s a doodle. He doodled it! 这是涂鸦 他随便画的
[39:00] How do you know he doodled it? How do you know this is his? 你怎么知道是他画的
[39:02] What do you mean, how do I know it’s his? 你什么意思
[39:03] I stole it out of his overnight bag. 我从他旅行包里偷出来的
[39:05] What the hell is wrong with you, Sidney? 你到底是怎么了 西德尼
[39:07] -It’s a clue! -It’s not a clue. -这是个线索 -这不是线索
[39:08] -We’re hard up for clues. -It’s not a clue. -我们奇缺线索 -这不是线索
[39:09] What does it mean? It could be his aunt, it could be his travel agent. 这能说明什么 有可能是他阿姨 可能是旅游代理
[39:12] -I’m late for dinner. You want to come in and eat something? -No. -我吃饭晚了 你要进来吃点什么吗 -不了
[39:15] No, thank you. 不了 谢谢
[39:22] Take a seat right over there. 坐在那吧
[39:29] Okay. 好吧
[39:31] Peter called. He’s going to be late. He said to start without him. 彼得打电话说他晚点来 让我们先开始
[39:34] Oh, well, come on then, let’s play. That’s what we’re here for. 那我们就开始吧 我们就是来打牌的
[39:39] Okay. 好
[39:41] Come on, short, little guy. 快点 小矮人
[39:44] You’re out? This is it? 你不跟了 是这样吗
[39:46] Anybody else? 还有人跟吗
[39:47] You’re still in? 你还跟
[39:49] So sorry, old chaps. I was completely bogged down at the office. 很对不起 我办公室有事
[39:52] Okay. 没什么
[39:53] All right, who’s winning? 好 谁赢了
[39:54] Mr. Spence is a good poker player, Peter. 思朋斯先生可是个好手 彼得
[39:56] Yes, I might have known. 我也许知道
[39:58] Actually, I bought my first Reuben’s with poker winnings. 我第一个鲁宾的东西 就是用打牌赢的钱买的
[40:02] You bought a Rubens painting? 你买过鲁宾斯的画
[40:05] Not a painting. A sandwich. 不是画 是三明治
[40:08] I could use a drink. 我想喝点东西
[40:10] He asked me if I believed in love at first sight. 他问我是否相信一见钟情
[40:12] How sweet is that? So naive. 真甜蜜啊 真天真啊
[40:14] Well, I hope you told him yes. 我希望你回答的是
[40:16] I told him we had nothing in common. 我告诉他我们没有共同点
[40:17] We come from completely different backgrounds. 我们的背景完全不同
[40:20] I think he likes that or something. 我想他喜欢这样
[40:21] But what about the story you’re writing on him? What is that all about? 但是关于他的新闻怎么办 写什么呢
[40:28] Sondra? 桑德拉
[40:35] “Mary Thompson, a short-haired brunette, “玛丽·汤普森 黑色短发女人
[40:38] “was strangled at Falconberg Place last night at 9:30.” 昨晚9:30在凡尔柯博地区被掐死”
[40:42] “Next to the body of the short-haired brunette prostitute, “在这个黑色短发妓女尸体旁边
[40:45] “was the hangman card from the Tarot deck.” 有塔罗牌中刽子手那张牌”
[40:49] Hey, what time did you say Peter arrived at the poker game last night? 彼得昨晚去打牌时候是几点
[40:52] If you’re asking me, did he have time to strangle somebody 如果你问我他是否有足够的时间
[40:56] and make the card game, yes, he had plenty of time. 掐死一个人之后再去打牌 答案是肯定的
[40:59] I got to let my feelings subside 我不能混进我的感情
[41:02] and probe deeper into this case. 我要深究这个案子
[41:04] What does that mean? 那说明什么
[41:06] Well, it means that we know where his family lives, 那说明我们知道他的家庭住址
[41:08] we know his social circle, 知道他的交际圈
[41:09] but we don’t know what his house looks like. I want to get a look at that. 但我们不知道他房间什么样子 我要去看一看
[41:19] Here we are. 我们到了
[41:23] -Wow. This is really nice. -Thank you. Yes. -喔 真漂亮 -谢谢 是的
[41:27] Do you do a lot of entertaining? 你有很多娱乐活动吗
[41:29] I’m embarrassed to say that I do. 很不好意思地说 是的
[41:31] You must think I’m an empty socialite. Much of it’s political. 你一定以为我是空虚的社会名流 只关心政治
[41:34] Oh, no. I think you’re swell. 不 我觉得你很会社交
[41:40] That’s a lovely painting. 这画真漂亮
[41:42] Oh, I recognize that from my art history books. 我从我的艺术史课本上认出来的
[41:46] Oh, really? Yes. Henry Moore. 真的 对 雕塑家亨利·摩尔
[41:47] In fact, it was a present from Henry Moore to my father. 实际上 这是他送给我父亲的礼物
[41:51] Oh, it’s very beautiful. Is it Roman, or Greek, or something like that? 很漂亮 是古罗马的还是古希腊的
[41:55] It’s Roman, in fact. Second century A.D. 古罗马的 公元2世纪
[41:59] You have good taste. 你的品味不错
[42:01] I think you’ll like what’s downstairs. 我想你会喜欢楼下的收藏的
[42:02] -The real treasures. Come. -Oh. -真正的宝藏 来吧 -哦
[42:25] Here we are. 我们到了
[42:27] Oh. 哦
[42:28] These are all of my instruments. The room is climate controlled, it’s 这是我所有的乐器 这房间是”气候控制”的
[42:33] to protect all these beautiful pieces. 以便保护这些美丽的乐器
[42:36] -It’s fantastic. Thank you. -Thank you. -真棒啊 -谢谢
[42:38] Yes, my family’s been collecting it for years. 我父亲收集了很多年
[42:40] This is a Guarneri. 这是瓜奈里家族出的
[42:41] And a Stradivarius. You may have heard of them. 这是斯特拉迪瓦里家的 你也许听说过
[42:44] -Oh, you play these violins? -Oh, me? God, no. No, no. -你弹奏这些小提琴 -哦 我 天啊 不不
[42:46] But we lend them out. They need to be played. 但我们把它们借出去 需要有人用它们演奏
[42:52] All these old instruments, it’s very romantic. 这些古老的乐器 很浪漫
[43:00] -Shall I show you upstairs? -Okay. -我带你上楼吧 -好吧
[43:10] What’s your name, sweetheart? Tell me your name. 你叫什么名字 甜心 告诉我你的名字
[43:12] I’m Wendy Beamish. 我叫温迪·毕米希
[43:14] Wendy… Let’s hear it for Wendy Beamish. 温迪 鼓励一下温迪
[43:17] Fantastic. I love you, Wendy. I really do. 好极了 我喜欢你 温迪 真的
[43:20] Is it your first time on stage? Yes. Yes. -这是你第一次上舞台吗 -是的
[43:22] I love this woman from the bottom of my heart. I mean that sincerely. 我从心底喜欢这个女人
[43:25] You’re an incredible woman and I say that with all due respect, Wendy. 你是了不起的女人 我这样说是发自内心的
[43:30] -Wendy, have you ever been dematerialized before? -No, I haven’t. -温迪 你以前被”消失”过吗 -不 没有
[43:32] -Ever had your molecules broken up? -No, no, I’ve haven’t. -你的分子有没有分解过 -不不 没有
[43:35] She’s nervous. Don’t be nervous, sweetheart. 她有点紧张 不要紧张 甜心
[43:38] This is not gonna hurt much. 不会疼的
[43:39] Get into the box. Get into the dematerializer. 进入盒子里吧 进入物质消失机
[43:42] -Are you in there? You comfortable? -I’m fine. -在里面吗 舒服吗 -我很好
[43:44] Okay, okay, stay calm. Stay calm. 好的 好的 保持冷静
[43:47] Can you hear me, Wendy? You feel the molecules evaporating? 听得见我吗 温迪 有没有觉得分子在蒸发
[43:51] Let me hear from you, honey! 让我听见你的声音 亲爱的
[44:00] Remember these numbers. 16, 21, 12. What? -记住这些号码 16 21 12 -什么
[44:02] 16 21 12 16, 21, 12.
[44:04] 16 21 12 16, 21, 12.
[44:11] Sixteen, 16 blue horses. 16 16匹蓝马
[44:13] Twenty-one jet planes. 21架喷气飞机
[44:16] And 12 midgets. 12 spinning midgets. 12个小矮人 12个旋转的小矮人
[44:23] That was as great as I imagined it would be. 和我想象的一样
[44:26] You look beautiful. 你很美
[44:28] And pensive. 而且有思想
[44:30] No, not pensive. 不 不是有思想
[44:32] Just confused. 只是迷惑
[44:34] Women after lovemaking, it’s always so complicated. 女人做爱后总是很复杂
[44:38] -Hey, I love your aftershave. What is it? -It’s Yardley. -我喜欢你的须后水 什么牌子 -雅德莉牌
[44:41] I first used it when I was 16 and never changed. I’m a very loyal soul. 我从16岁开始用 从没换过 我可很常情
[44:45] Come here. Do you have to put them on? 过来 非要戴上不可吗
[44:47] Well, they’re quite sexy. God, what makes you smell so sweet? 很性感 天啊 什么让你闻起来这么香
[44:50] Oh, you like it? 哦 你喜欢
[44:52] Just some fragrance. 只是一点香味
[44:54] Right. 好啦
[44:56] -Where are you going? -I have an idea. -你要去哪 -我有个主意
[45:00] I think it’s time to celebrate with some champagne. 我想现在是用香槟庆祝的时候了
[45:05] I want you to stay. I make a mean scrambled egg. 我要你留下来 我去做个炒蛋
[45:09] Stay. 待在这
[46:06] That’s my mother. 那是我母亲
[46:08] Oh, she’s very attractive. 哦 她很迷人
[46:12] Yes, she was very beautiful, but quite difficult. 她很美丽 但是很难相处
[46:16] Difficult? How? 难相处 怎么
[46:19] Unfaithful. 不忠
[46:20] Say, can you please stay? Nothing would please me more. Come on. 你今晚能留下来吗 没什么能让我更高兴了 留下来吧
[46:25] -I really can’t. -Oh, why not? -真的不行 -哦 为什么
[46:27] My father. He’s feeling not that great. 我爸爸 他不太舒服
[46:31] -Nothing serious? -No, no, nothing. -不严重吧 -不不 没什么
[46:34] Just a tooth problem. 牙齿问题
[46:36] You know, a little sensitivity in lower seven. 下面第七颗牙太敏感
[46:38] I really should go. 我真的要走了
[46:46] Oh. So, let me get back to the story. 让我接着讲这个故事
[46:49] I’m on stage. I’m doing the dematerializer trick 我在台上 变那个物质消失的戏法
[46:53] with this chick from Manchester. 台上的是从曼彻斯特来的小妞
[46:56] I don’t know where they get these people, 我不知道他们从哪找来这些人
[46:58] but she looked like Sitting Bull. 但她看着就像印第安首领坐牛
[47:00] And I got her in the thing, and I vanish her 我把她放进去 让她消失
[47:03] and everything goes according to plan exactly and she’s gone. 这些都是按计划进行的 她不见了
[47:07] -And suddenly, Strombel appears. -What? -突然 斯特劳博出现了 -什么
[47:10] Yes, Strombel’s in there! I got a tremendous hand from the audience. 是的 斯特劳博出来了 观众看到后报以热烈的掌声
[47:13] I wish I could do it every night! 我希望每晚都能这样表演一次
[47:15] What did he say? 他说什么
[47:16] He gave me the combination to a safe. 他给我一串保险箱密码
[47:20] What safe, I have no idea. 什么保险箱 我也不知道
[47:22] I didn’t see any safe. 我没看到任何保险箱
[47:25] Well, did you accomplish anything besides maybe a possible pregnancy? 除了可能性的怀孕 你还做成过别的什么事吗
[47:30] I’ll tell you what I did see. 我告诉你我看见了什么
[47:31] His mother, Lady Eleanor, has short-cut, brunette hair. 他的母亲 埃莉诺女士 就是留着黑色短发
[47:35] Yeah, but not a hooker? 是的 但不是妓女吧
[47:39] No, Sidney, she’s not a hooker! 不 她不是
[47:41] I hardly think so. She’s practically royalty. 我不相信 她应该很忠诚
[47:44] Christ, you amaze me sometimes. Your brain! 天啊 你有时真让我吃惊 你的大脑
[47:46] Back off. You know, you’re getting so upset. 别这样 你越来越心烦
[47:50] I’m just trying to figure out the various ramifications. 我只是试图理出头绪
[47:54] I just don’t like this whole thing! 我不喜欢这整件事
[47:55] I feel disgusting, all right, it’s awful. 我觉得恶心 很可怕
[47:57] I don’t like the whole process. 我不喜欢这整个过程
[47:59] Yeah, you want to think he’s innocent. 嗯 你想认为他是清白的
[48:00] What’s so bad about that, huh? 那有什么不好的
[48:02] Jesus, this guy must be some lover, you know. 天啊 这家伙肯定迷住你了
[48:04] I mean, all of a sudden you’re ready to dump the whole story. 我是说 突然间你打算放弃整个新闻
[48:07] I must find out what breakfast cereal he eats. 我必须弄清楚他早餐吃什么麦片
[48:11] What am I talking about? There’s a combination on the door 我在说什么 他有一扇有密码的门
[48:13] where he keeps his precious musical instruments. 那里他存放着他珍贵的乐器
[48:16] Okay, so there is a combination! 好 那是有密码的
[48:18] I just got to get in that room. 我需要进到那房间里去
[48:20] Do you have the combination? 你有密码吗
[48:21] We’re not gonna break into his room if that’s what you’re thinking. 我们不能闯进去的 如果这就是你所想的
[48:23] -You gotta have the com… I got to get in there. -No, no. -你有密码 我要进去 -不不
[48:26] No, no, we’re not going to do this because it’s not legal… You… 不 我们不能这样做 那样是犯法的
[48:29] Sondra, what’s wrong with you? 桑德拉 你到底怎么回事
[48:30] This guy is the son of a Lord! 这家伙是勋爵的儿子
[48:32] They’ll take us to the Tower of London and behead us! 他们会把我们带到伦敦塔上斩首的
[48:39] -Hi. -Guess what? -嗨 -你猜怎样
[48:41] -What? -Peter Lyman sent you flowers. -怎么 -彼得·莱曼给你送花来了
[48:43] I assume your name is Jade Spence? 我猜你就是贞德·思朋斯吧
[48:46] Naturally I accepted for you. 当然我帮你收下了
[48:48] Yeah, I’m Jade Spence. 是的 我就是贞德·思朋斯
[48:49] -What is going on? -Oh, Vivian… -进行得怎样了 -哦 薇薇安…
[48:53] Oh, 哦
[48:55] Peter’s giving a party on Saturday and he wants me to come. 彼得周六举行派对 他要我参加
[48:58] I… Oh, I guess I’ll have to buy a dress. 我…我猜我得去买件礼服了
[49:01] Well, he certainly seems smitten with you. 他肯定是迷上你了
[49:02] If he’s smitten with anyone, it’s Jade Spence. 如果他迷上了谁 肯定是贞德·思朋斯
[49:05] Who is Jade Spence? 贞德·思朋斯是谁
[49:06] A would-be investigative reporter 未来的调查记者
[49:08] who’s falling in love with the object of her investigation. 她爱上她的调查对象
[49:21] Of course we did. Absolutely. 当然 没错
[49:22] God bless you, sir. I’m going to show you a little thing. 上帝保佑你 我给你看件小东西
[49:24] I want you to think of a card. Just think of one of those cards. 我要你想一张牌 想这里面的一张
[49:27] Any one you want. You got it? 随便哪张都行 想好了吗
[49:28] All right, now, are you happening to be thinking of the seven of spades? 好了 现在你想的是黑桃7吧
[49:32] That’s amazing! How do you do that? 太神奇了 你怎样做到的
[49:34] Just a little hobby of mine. 一点小小的业余爱好而已
[49:36] You know, I wish I had more time to practice, 你希望我有更多的时间练习
[49:38] but, what with my oil wells, you know, I never get around to it. 但是 我有油井要管理 所以我从来没有时间
[49:41] Your daughter’s very beautiful. 您的女儿很漂亮
[49:42] -You met my daughter? -Yes. -您见过我女儿了 -是的
[49:44] Yes, we’re very proud of her. 我们为她骄傲
[49:45] She’s a lovely girl. Overcame a great handicap. 她是个很棒的女孩 克服了自身的残疾
[49:47] Yeah. You know, she was learning disabled. 她有学习障碍
[49:50] Her mother and I took her to many specialists, you know. 我和她妈妈带她看了好多专家
[49:52] Now she’s practically normal, you know. 现在她基本上正常了
[49:54] She’s a charmer. 她是个可人
[49:55] -God bless you, sweetheart. What is your sign? -I’m an Aquarian. -上帝保佑你 甜心 你是哪个星座的 -水瓶座的
[49:58] You’re Aquarian? And what is your persuasion? 你是水瓶座 你的信条是什么
[50:01] -Do you mean my religion? -Yeah, your persuasion. -你是说宗教信仰 -对 你的信条
[50:03] I’m a Christian. What are you? Yes, are you? 我是基督徒 你呢 你也是吗
[50:05] Me, I was born into the Hebrew persuasion, 我生下来是犹太人
[50:08] but, when I got older, I converted to narcissism. 但是长大以后变成了自恋
[50:11] -Dad? -Hmm? -爸爸 -嗯
[50:14] Dad, I need to talk to you right now. 我有话要和你说
[50:16] Oh, I was just about to pull some quarters out of Mrs. Quincy’s nose. 我还打算给昆西夫人变戏法呢
[50:19] Right now. I need to talk to you. 就现在 我要和你谈谈
[50:21] -Really? -Yep. -真的 -是的
[50:22] Excuse me. I’ll… 抱歉 我…
[50:24] Where? 去哪
[50:27] Would you stop doing those nitwit tricks? 你能不能别变这些傻瓜戏法
[50:29] What is wrong with you? You’re supposed to be a dignified businessman. 你到底怎么了 你应该是个威严的商人
[50:31] I told them it was a hobby. The hobby of a rich merchant. 我说这是我的个人爱好 富商的爱好
[50:34] You know, so… 所以…
[50:35] Oh, excuse me. Excuse me. 抱歉 抱歉
[50:38] Go down the stairs, open the music room door. I’ll keep Peter busy. 下楼 打开音乐室的门 我来缠住彼得
[50:42] I’ll meet you down there in a minute. You brought the combination, right? 我过一会下去找你 你带密码了吗
[50:44] No, I left it in my other jacket. 没有 我忘在另一件大衣的口袋里了
[50:46] -What? -Yes. And… -什么 -是的 而且…
[50:47] So, what are we gonna do? You gotta go home and get it then. 那我们该怎么办 你得回家把密码拿来
[50:49] I can’t get it because the other jacket’s in the cleaners. 我不能 那件夹克在洗衣店呢
[50:52] -Sidney. -This is the problem having a limited wardrobe. -西德尼 -换洗的衣服少就会有这个问题
[50:55] But not to worry. 不过不用担心
[50:56] I have a mnemonic system. I remember everything. 我有自己的记忆法 我什么都能记住
[50:59] There you are. Mr. Spence, trust you’re having a good time? 你在这啊 思朋斯先生 玩的还尽兴吗
[51:02] Yes, a great time! This reminds me of our party. 是的 非常尽兴 这让我想起了我们自己的派对
[51:05] We threw a masked ball in Palm Beach this year, it was wonderful. 我们今年在棕榈海滩搞了个化妆舞会 简直是太棒了
[51:08] I came as a harlequin. She dressed as Petunia Pig. 我化妆成小丑 她装扮成猪小妹
[51:12] -Honey, there’s something I wanted to ask you about. -Absolutely. -亲爱的 我想问你点事 -当然
[51:14] That was a mask, wasn’t it? Just… I love her. 那是面具吧 只是…我爱她
[51:17] Just a minute, okay? 等一下 好吗
[51:18] Do you need a drink, Mr. Spence? 来点喝的吗 思朋斯先生
[51:20] No, I’m fine, thank you. 不了 我很好 谢谢
[51:43] It’s eight 是8匹…
[51:47] blue horses. No, no, no. 蓝色的马 不对 不对 不对
[51:50] It’s 10. Ten spinning midgets. 是10 10个旋转小矮人
[51:53] No, it’s 12. Twelve jet planes and eight… No. 不对 是12 12架喷气式飞机 8个…不对
[52:02] Good to see you. Have a nice time. Nice to meet you. 见到你真高兴 好好玩 很高兴见到你
[52:06] Calm down, calm down. It was… It was… 冷静 别着急 密码是…是…
[52:09] It was… 密码是…
[52:11] Eight maids a-milking 8个挤奶的侍女
[52:15] and three French hens. 还有3只法国母鸡
[52:18] No, no. 不 不对
[52:27] Sixteen, wait, 20 jet planes, 16 等一下 21架喷气式飞机
[52:32] 12 spinning midgets. 12个旋转小矮人
[52:34] Eureka! 有了
[53:24] I’ll be right back. I’m just gonna use the bathroom. 我一会就回来 我要去趟洗手间
[53:44] Sidney? 西德尼
[53:46] Sidney, is that you? 西德尼 是你吗
[53:49] -I’m locked in! -Oh, Christ… What’s the combination? -我被锁在里面了 -哦 天啊…密码是多少
[53:53] For some reason, it’s gone out of my mind. 我现在一时想不起来了
[53:57] Did you see Miss Spence? 你看到思朋斯小姐了吗
[53:59] -I thought I saw her going downstairs. -Downstairs, right. -我见到她下楼了 -在楼下 好的
[54:03] It’s 16 blue horses. 16匹蓝色的马
[54:05] It’s 21 jet planes. 21架喷气式飞机
[54:09] And 12 midgets. 12个小矮人
[54:12] Twelve spinning midgets. 12个旋转的小矮人
[54:19] Oh, thank God! 哦 谢天谢地
[54:20] I thought I was gonna turn out to be one of those skeletons 我以为人们卖掉这房子的时候
[54:22] people find when they sell the house. Check the door. 才会发现已经变成骷髅的我 小心门
[54:24] Sixteen, 21, 12. You couldn’t remember that number? 16 21 12 就这几个数字你都记不住
[54:28] My mnemonic system failed me. What do you want me to say? 我的记忆法太叫我失望了 你想叫我怎么说
[54:31] Now exactly what are we looking for in here? This is all… 我们究竟要在这里找什么 这些都…
[54:35] I’m not really sure. 我也不太清楚
[54:37] You’re not sure? 你不清楚
[54:39] Well, you know, don’t break anything. 小心点 别打碎东西
[54:41] By God, we’ll get caught and God knows. 天晓得 我们会被抓住的
[54:44] Hey, you know the old dirty joke 嘿 你还记得有个黄色笑话吗
[54:46] about how the French horn player sleeps with his wife at night? 讲的是法国圆号演奏者 怎么和他老婆睡觉的故事
[54:49] Sidney, put that thing down! 西德尼 把那个放下
[54:51] Will you excuse me? 失陪一下
[54:57] There’s nothing but musical instruments in here. 这里除了乐器什么都没有
[54:59] I’m telling you, we’re on a wild goose chase. Believe me. 我告诉你我们这么做是徒劳的 相信我
[55:01] -Jade? -What’s the matter? -贞德 -怎么了
[55:03] Did you hear that? 你听到了吗
[55:05] I thought I heard something. 好像是听到什么了
[55:07] Oh, come on, come on. Let’s get out of here. 哦 快点 我们快离开这
[55:09] All we need is to get caught in here. 现在差的就是被抓了
[55:12] Jade? 贞德
[55:15] Ah, there you are. I was searching for you. 啊 你们在这 我一直在找你
[55:17] The guests will be leaving soon. 客人们马上就要走了
[55:18] Yes, well, I was just showing Father around. He loves English homes. 是吗 我只是带我爸到处参观一下 他喜欢英式家庭
[55:22] Yes, I was very impressed with your cellar. 没错 你家的酒窖可真是壮观啊
[55:24] I have a wonderful cellar myself. 我自己也有个很好的酒窖
[55:26] No wine, but it’s rodent free. 里面没有酒 也没有鼠类
[55:30] Well, let’s get a drink. 我们去喝一杯吧
[55:31] Please, Mr. Spence, I haven’t seen you with a drink all night. 来吧 思朋斯先生 我整晚都没见你喝酒
[55:34] -Can you stay the night, please? -What? -你今晚留在这里过夜吧 求你了 -什么
[55:36] -Come on. -No, I can’t. -留下来吧 -不 我不能
[55:37] -Why not? -My father. -为什么不行 -因为我爸
[55:39] Oh, come on, I’ll have my driver take him home. 别这样 我叫我司机送他回去
[55:41] -No. -I can’t let you go. You’re too beautiful. -不行 -我不能叫你走 你太美了
[55:43] Look at you. I can’t. 看看你 我不能
[57:40] Jade? 贞德
[57:48] -Oh. -Jade. -哦 -贞德
[57:52] Jade, it’s 4:00 a.m. 贞德 现在是早上4点
[57:54] What are you doing? 你在干什么
[57:56] I couldn’t sleep, 我睡不着
[57:58] so I thought maybe some milk. 我想喝点牛奶应该有帮助
[58:01] Hmm. 嗯
[58:05] -Jade, can I ask you something? -Mmm-hmm. -贞德 能问你点事吗 -嗯
[58:10] Would you consider not going home at the end of the summer? 你能不能考虑下夏末不要回家
[58:14] I don’t understand, what more proof do you need? 我不明白 你还要什么证据
[58:17] What are you gonna tell the police? 你打算怎么和警察讲
[58:18] The guy owns a deck of Tarot cards. That’s not a crime. 这家伙有一套塔罗牌 这可不犯法
[58:21] I mean, what, he was late for a poker game? 就因为他打牌迟到就有嫌疑吗
[58:23] I’m sure he’s smart enough to have an alibi. 他肯定会说他有不在场的证据
[58:26] What are we left with? His mother has short-cut, brunette hair. 我们还有什么证据 他妈妈是黑色短发
[58:28] I mean, look, if we blow the whistle on this guy… 如果我们要揭发这个家伙的话…
[58:30] I know. I understand. 我明白
[58:31] …and he’s innocent and we can’t make the story… 而他又是无辜的 那就没有新闻了…
[58:33] Then he realizes that you’re, you know, 之后他会发现你是个…
[58:35] you’re a pushy little phony who’s been playing him for a sucker 你是个别有用心的骗子 从头到尾都是在玩弄他
[58:38] and he dumps you, you know. I get it. 那他就会把你给甩了 我明白
[58:40] All right. All I’m saying, is that in order to make an accusation, 好吧 我想说的是 为了可以指控他
[58:43] we gotta have proof. 我们得先找到证据
[58:44] Especially about Lord Lyman’s son. 特别是他是莱曼勋爵的儿子
[58:46] You don’t make an accusation. 你不用控告他
[58:48] We can phone in an anonymous tip. 我们可以打匿名电话给警察
[58:51] You know how many crank tips the papers say the police get? 你知道报上说警察收到过多少古怪电话吗
[58:54] You’re gonna phone one in on Peter Lyman! 你打算打匿名电话告发彼得·莱曼
[58:56] They’ll hang up on you mid-sentence. 肯定你还没说完 警察就把电话挂了
[58:58] Besides, if the story’s true, 另外 如果确有其事的话
[58:59] I want to be the one to break it. 我要做那个最先报道的人
[59:01] You know what Joe Strombel said? 你知道乔·斯特劳博说过什么吗
[59:03] He said, “Get it first, 他说”第一时间报道新闻
[59:04] but first get it right.” 但是首先要确定新闻的准确性”
[59:06] Happy birthday. 生日快乐
[59:09] Wow, thank you. 哇 谢谢你
[59:11] What’s up? You look so sullen. 怎么了 你看上去闷闷不乐
[59:14] No, I’m not. I just… 我没有 我只是…
[59:18] I get sad around birthdays. 生日的时候我总是有点伤感
[59:20] Oh, yes, well, I can understand that, 哦 知道了 我能理解
[59:22] but I think we’re both still young enough to enjoy the gifts. 但是我觉得我们两个都还年轻 应该尽情享受生日礼物
[59:25] Come on, open it. 快 打开看看
[59:26] Okay. 好的
[59:30] Oh, wow, it’s beautiful. 哇 太漂亮了
[59:32] -You like it? -I love it. -你喜欢吗 -太喜欢了
[59:34] Good. Here, allow me. 那就好 来 我帮你带上
[59:36] Gosh. 天啊
[59:38] You shouldn’t have. 你不应该破费的
[59:40] I wanted to. 我想这么做
[59:42] -Hey, hey, are you crying? -No, I’m too tough to cry. -嘿 你哭了 -没有 我很坚强 不会哭的
[59:46] Oh. 哦
[59:47] Though my nasal passages do become congested when I’m sad. 尽管我伤心的时候我的鼻腔会堵塞
[59:51] Oh, don’t be sad. It’s your birthday. Hmm? 哦 别伤心 好吗 今天是你生日
[59:54] Oh, I wish I could celebrate with you tonight. 真希望我今晚能和你一起庆祝生日
[59:56] I just have to go out of town for a few days. 我得出城几天
[59:58] Really? 真的
[59:59] Yes, I just have some business to take care of. 是的 我有些生意上的事情需要处理
[1:00:03] -But we’ll celebrate when I get back, all right? -Okay. -我回来后会和你一起庆祝好吗 -好的
[1:00:07] Thank you so much for the present. It’s beautiful. 谢谢你的礼物 真的是太漂亮了
[1:00:09] I’ll think about you whenever I wear it. 我带上它的时候就会想起你的
[1:00:14] You didn’t tell me it was your birthday! 你没告诉过我今天是你生日
[1:00:16] I’ll take you for a magnificent dinner. 我要带你好好的出去吃一顿
[1:00:17] -We’ll go to a great restaurant. -Really? -我们去家高档餐厅 -真的
[1:00:19] Do you enjoy the McNuggets thing? 你喜欢麦当劳吗
[1:00:24] What about lndian food? Do you like spicy food? 那印度菜怎么样 你喜欢辛辣食物吗
[1:00:28] No, no, it’s okay. 不 无所谓了
[1:00:30] I don’t really have much of an appetite. 我没什么食欲
[1:00:32] But you will when they bring out the prawns in hydrochloric acid. 等盐酸对虾上来的时候你就有食欲了
[1:00:35] It’s fantastic, Sondra. 好吃极了 桑德拉
[1:00:38] What’s the matter? 怎么了
[1:00:40] -What, are you thinking of Peter? -No. -怎么了 你在想彼得吗 -没有
[1:00:42] I don’t know, it’s just… 我也不知道 只是…
[1:00:43] I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked me to marry him one day, you know? 要是他哪天叫我嫁给他我都不会吃惊的
[1:00:46] You come from an Orthodox family. 你来自一个正统家庭
[1:00:49] Would they accept a serial killer? 你父母会接受一个连环杀手吗
[1:00:52] That’s an expensive present. 这礼物可很昂贵啊
[1:00:55] -The Lymans are so wealthy. -Yes. -莱曼家族非常富有 -是的
[1:00:58] It was almost too extravagant. 这礼物太奢侈了
[1:01:00] I’d better get ready. I still haven’t found my millionaire yet. 我最好也准备一下 我还没找到我的百万富翁呢
[1:01:07] Oh, God, Sondra, what a mess! 哦 天啊 桑德拉 看你搞得这一团糟
[1:01:12] It’s starting to add up against him. 现在所有的事情联系起来开始对他不利
[1:01:13] Bits and scraps are coming together. 一件一件的事情开始联系起来
[1:01:15] God, it’s you! 天啊 是你
[1:01:16] I sensed you were falling in love. I escaped again. 我感觉到你爱上他了 所以我又跑回来
[1:01:19] It’s just circumstantial junk, you know. A coincidence here and there. 那只是巧合 到处都是一些巧合而已
[1:01:23] Too much smoke not to be fire. 无风不起浪啊
[1:01:25] Look, I’m sure you’ve been wrong plenty of times. 我肯定你错过很多次了
[1:01:27] Not wrong here. 这件事上肯定不会错
[1:01:29] Though I agree you haven’t got enough to pull the trigger yet. 我相信你现在还没有 找到足够的证据指控他
[1:01:32] If you act prematurely, not only does he walk, 如果你还表现的这么不成熟的话 不仅仅是他会逃脱制裁
[1:01:35] your professional credibility is wrecked, sometimes for good. 你的职业信誉也会受到影响 也许会彻底毁了…
[1:01:38] Oh, I’m sure you want him to be guilty. 我知道你希望他是有罪的
[1:01:40] You know, that way you get your last big scoop. 这样的话 你就可以得到 你的最后一条独家大新闻
[1:01:42] I’m beginning to fade. 我开始消失了
[1:01:43] Sondra, don’t let me down! 桑德拉 不要就我失望
[1:01:45] I wish you’d fade for good! 我希望你永远都不要再出现
[1:01:47] Get out of my life! 不要再来打扰我的生活
[1:01:49] I’m not cut out for this. 我天生不是干这行的
[1:01:50] I should be flossing molars for a living. 我应该靠给别人清洗牙齿而维生的
[1:01:54] The bread is… You know, I can make a meal just with the bread. 面包太…我可以只用面包做顿饭
[1:01:57] I can do a whole meal, just nothing but bread. 整个一顿饭 除了面包什么都不用
[1:01:59] If I ate that much bread, I’d be 20 pounds heavier. 要是我吃那么多面包的话 我就得比现在还要再胖20磅
[1:02:02] See, I never gain an ounce, 看到没 我从来就不长胖
[1:02:04] because, you know, my anxiety acts like aerobics. 我焦虑不安的性格就像有氧运动一样
[1:02:08] So I get the exercise. 所以我总是能得到一些健身锻炼
[1:02:10] Thanks for taking me out for my birthday, Sidney. 西德尼 谢谢你为了我生日 带我出来吃饭
[1:02:13] Well, you know, you’re the daughter that I never had. 对我来说 你就像我的女儿一样
[1:02:16] Oh, that’s so… No, no, I’m kidding. I’m kidding. 哦 那真是…不 我开玩笑的
[1:02:18] ‘Cause I never wanted to have kids. 因为我从来没打算要孩子
[1:02:19] I didn’t. Because you have kids, what is it? 从来没用 因为你要是有孩子的话 会怎么样呢
[1:02:22] You know, you’re nice to them, you bring them up, 你得对他们好 你得抚养他们长大成人
[1:02:24] you suffer, 你得承受很多痛苦
[1:02:25] you take care of them 你得照顾他们
[1:02:26] and then they grow up and they accuse you of having Alzheimer’s. 之后他们长大成人 骂你有老年痴呆
[1:02:31] Could you ever live in London? 你会在伦敦生活下去吗
[1:02:35] Could I live in London? No. 我会在伦敦生活下去吗 不会
[1:02:36] And I love London. Don’t get me wrong, I love London, 别误会 我爱伦敦
[1:02:38] but, you know, 但是 你知道
[1:02:41] apart from the language problem, I can’t take the driving. 除了语言上的问题外 我受不了在这里开车
[1:02:45] Because it, you know, it’s on the wrong side, and l… 你知道 是在马路的另一边驾驶 我…
[1:02:48] Every time I drive a car here, 每次我在这里开车
[1:02:50] I’m convinced I’m going to die in a crash. 我都确信我会死于车祸
[1:02:54] Sidney! 西德尼
[1:02:55] What’s the matter? 怎么了
[1:02:56] It’s Peter. 是彼得
[1:02:58] You said Peter was out of town. 你告诉我彼得出城了
[1:02:59] Well, that’s what he told me. 他是那么和我说的
[1:03:01] Come on. 快走
[1:03:03] What do you mean, come on? 你说”快走” 什么意思
[1:03:04] I ordered prawns. 我点了对虾
[1:03:06] Just pay, all right? Just pay. 付帐 好吗 付帐
[1:03:09] What do you mean, pay? All I do is… 你什么意思 付帐 我能做的只是…
[1:03:11] Fine, it’s her birthday. 好吧 今天是她的生日
[1:03:16] Come on. 快点
[1:03:18] Maybe he’s got another woman on the side, 也许他还有别的女人
[1:03:20] and he likes you, but he’s sexually attracted to her. 他喜欢你 但是在性方面还是被她所吸引
[1:03:23] Thanks, Sidney. 谢谢 西德尼
[1:03:24] Well, why doesn’t he have his chauffeur? 为什么他的司机不在
[1:03:26] I don’t know, whatever he’s doing, 我不知道 不管他要做什么
[1:03:27] he must want it to be secret. 他肯定是不想叫其他人知道
[1:04:05] Oh, I told you he went the other way! 我告诉你他朝另一个方向走了
[1:04:08] Can we go home, please? 我们能回家了吗
[1:04:09] It’s starting to rain. 开始下雨了
[1:04:11] I can’t believe he lied to me. 我不敢相信他居然骗了我
[1:04:14] Maybe he’s doing something that he’s ashamed to tell you about. 可能他不好意思 告诉你他现在正在做的事
[1:04:18] Maybe he belongs to one of those clubs, 可能他是那些夜总会的会员
[1:04:20] or he’s a cross-dresser or something. 或者他喜欢装扮成女人什么的
[1:04:22] Or maybe he does folk dancing. 或者他是跳民族舞蹈的
[1:04:24] Oh, I’m sure it’s probably something that when he tells me, 我相信当他告诉我这件事的时候
[1:04:26] I’ll just feel foolish for thinking he lied. 我会觉得认为他撒谎真的很愚蠢
[1:04:28] I’m sure. You know, not everything in this world is sinister. 肯定是这样的 这世界并不是每件事都是邪恶的
[1:04:32] You know, just practically everything. 只是事实上是而已
[1:04:34] That lndian food made me sick. 印度菜让我很不舒服
[1:04:37] You hardly touched your cobra salad. 你根本就没怎么碰你的眼镜蛇沙拉
[1:04:39] How can you be sick? 怎么可能会不舒服
[1:04:40] Help! 救命
[1:04:42] A woman’s been strangled! 一个女人被掐死了
[1:04:45] Help! A woman’s been strangled! Help, call the police! 救命 一个女人被掐死了 快给警察打电话
[1:04:50] Somebody call the police! There’s been a murder! 快通知警察 这里发生了谋杀
[1:04:52] WOThere’s been a murder upstairs. 楼上有人被谋杀了
[1:04:53] WOHelp! 救命
[1:04:54] Have you got a phone? Have you got a phone? Call the police. 你有电话吗 快给警察打电话
[1:04:56] Could it be the Tarot Killer? They found a Tarot card. It’s him. 会是塔罗牌杀手吗 他们找到了一张塔罗牌 就是他
[1:04:59] I can’t believe it! She lives in this building. 简直难以置信 她住在这栋楼里
[1:05:01] It’s him again. They found the Tarot card. 又是他 他们找到了塔罗牌
[1:05:05] Elizabeth Gibson, another short-haired brunette. 伊丽莎白·吉布森 另一个黑色短发的遇害者
[1:05:08] We should have gone to the police earlier. 我们本应该早点通知警察的
[1:05:10] Well, you know… You said that they wouldn’t believe us 是你说的他们不会相信我们
[1:05:13] and they may not. 他们可能不会相信
[1:05:16] Sidney, it’s about time we show my story to a real newspaperman. 西德尼 现在是时候把我们的消息 告诉真正的记者了
[1:05:21] By real, you mean what? 你说”真正的”是什么意思
[1:05:22] One that’s living. 活着的记者
[1:05:24] Vivian’s father has a friend that works at The Observer. 薇薇安的爸爸有个朋友在”观察者”工作
[1:05:28] Well, it’s very vivid and rather shocking, 你的故事很生动而且令人震惊
[1:05:30] and there are some genuine circumstantial bits of evidence. 你的证据里有不少都只是巧合而已
[1:05:33] But let me give you a lesson in professional journalism. 还是让我给你讲讲什么是专业新闻
[1:05:38] No newspaper should or would ever run this story. 根本不可能有报纸会报道这件事
[1:05:43] What? Why? 什么 为什么
[1:05:45] It would be fatally irresponsible and libelous. 那只会是有损当事人名誉 而且不负责任的行为
[1:05:48] All you have here are a number of titillating speculations. 你这里只有一些表面上的推测而已
[1:05:52] Flamboyant theories that tarnish a man, and a well-known figure at that, 只有一些浮夸的推理 来诋毁一个公众人物
[1:05:56] without a single shred of substantial proof. 哪怕一丁点充实的证据都没有
[1:06:00] So his mother was a short-haired brunette. 你的证据只有他妈妈是黑色短发
[1:06:02] So he came late for a poker game 只有他打牌迟到了
[1:06:04] and said he was going away on a business trip and he got caught lying. 只有他说过要去商务旅行 结果被发现是在撒谎
[1:06:08] Yes, but who keeps a Tarot deck 是这样 但是又有谁会把塔罗牌
[1:06:11] under a French horn? 放在法国圆号下面呢
[1:06:13] It’s not against the law to own a Tarot deck, or keep it wherever you like. 拥有塔罗牌 并且随意放置它 这些都不犯法
[1:06:19] You’d look pretty foolish in court with your accusations, 你对他的这些指控 在法庭上会 显得很愚蠢被动的
[1:06:21] and that’s where you’ll wind up. 而且被告上法庭 也将是你们的最终命运
[1:06:23] Because he’d have no choice but to sue you and the newspaper, 因为那时除了控告你们和报社之外 他别无选择
[1:06:26] and he’d win. 而且官司他肯定会赢的
[1:06:28] And to go to the police? 要是我们去报警呢
[1:06:30] I’ll come to that. 这个我一会会说的
[1:06:31] But first let me continue my tedious professorial lecture. 先让我把我这个无聊的专业讲座讲完
[1:06:36] Vivian’s dad and l go way back. 薇薇安的爸爸和我认识很久了
[1:06:39] He said you were a journalism student. 他告诉我你是个新闻系学生
[1:06:42] Hmm. 是的
[1:06:44] You talk about getting a tip. 你提到过你这是你得到的内部消息
[1:06:46] Okay, you won’t disclose your source, 好的 你不会透漏消息的来源
[1:06:47] but what you have done is let your imagination run wild. 但是你想象的过头了
[1:06:51] No, no. 不 不是
[1:06:52] What if I told you that my source happened 要是我告诉你我的消息来自于
[1:06:54] to be a certain Joe Strombel? 乔·斯特劳博你会怎么想
[1:06:56] -The late Joe Strombel? -Yep. -那个已故的乔·斯特劳博 -是的
[1:06:58] You mean, before he died he gave a student reporter 你是说 他死前把消息 透漏给你这个学生记者
[1:07:01] a major story and didn’t follow it up himself? 他自己不去追踪这个大新闻
[1:07:03] We didn’t say it was before he died. 我们没说这消息是他死前告诉我们的
[1:07:07] -What? -No, it… -什么 -不是 是…
[1:07:08] He got the story before he died, 他死前得到这个消息
[1:07:10] and then he died before he could follow it up. 但是他还没来得及追踪下去就死了
[1:07:14] Well, why did he give it to you? He didn’t know he was dying. 那他为什么要告诉你呢 他并不知道他要死了啊
[1:07:18] I don’t buy it. 我不会相信的
[1:07:19] I knew Joe Strombel well. 我太了解乔·斯特劳博了
[1:07:21] If he’d had a tip that he considered reliable, 如果他得到了一条他认为 可靠的消息的话
[1:07:24] he would certainly have pursued it himself, 他肯定会亲自追踪下去的
[1:07:26] from the grave, if necessary. 即使是在坟墓里他也会这么做的
[1:07:29] What about how Peter was in the neighborhood 那你怎么看谋杀案那天晚上
[1:07:32] the night the murder was committed? 彼得在那附近出现这点呢
[1:07:35] I realize as a student how exciting it must have been 我理解作为一个学生记者当发现自己可能
[1:07:37] to think that you were onto something so spectacular. 追踪到什么独家特大新闻时的激动心情
[1:07:40] Hey, she is onto something! 嘿 她就是在追踪大新闻
[1:07:42] This kid is a bloodhound. Look at her! 这孩子就是个侦探 你看看她
[1:07:44] She could sell the story to any tabloid in town. 这新闻她能卖给城里任何一家小报
[1:07:48] Hmm. 嗯
[1:07:50] Now that I’ve preached on the realities of accurate reporting, 我已经向你宣扬了什么是 真正客观的新闻报道
[1:07:53] I want to tell you how catastrophic for everybody involved 我想说的是
[1:07:57] it would have been if you had, say, taken 如果你把你调查的这些透漏给小报
[1:07:59] the results of your investigation to a tabloid. 那这件事所涉及到的 每个人的命运都将是悲惨的
[1:08:04] Today, the police have apprehended the Tarot Card Serial Killer. 今天 警方已经抓获了塔罗牌连环杀手
[1:08:08] And it most assuredly is not Peter Lyman. 凶手千真万确不是彼得·莱曼
[1:08:11] What? 什么
[1:08:13] Every paper in town is going to press with it as we speak. 现在城里的每家报社都在做这个报道
[1:08:17] It was a handyman named Henry Banks who has confessed. 犯案的是一个叫亨利·班克斯的杂物工
[1:08:21] Banks is a delusional paranoid who’s given Scotland Yard 班克斯是一个妄想狂
[1:08:24] information that only the killer could possibly know. 他向苏格兰场提供的信息 只有凶手本人才能知道
[1:08:28] He’s led the police to two additional bodies 根据他的信息 警察又发现了2具尸体
[1:08:30] and his DNA and a fingerprint they found check out. 他的DNA和指纹都与现场留下的吻合
[1:08:35] I know this puts a crimp in your scoop, 我知道这事对你的大新闻来说 是个不小的打击
[1:08:38] but Henry Banks is the Tarot Card Serial Killer. 但是亨利·班克斯才是 真正的塔罗牌连环杀手
[1:08:41] Not Lord Lyman’s son. 不是莱曼勋爵的儿子
[1:08:46] Well, I can’t say I’m not walking on air. 不得不承认我现在真的是很高兴
[1:08:48] Oh, Jesus, If I ever catch that Joe Strombel, I’ll kill him. 哦 天啊 要是我抓到乔·斯特劳博 我一定杀了他
[1:08:52] I only hope Peter forgives me for what I’ve done. 希望彼得能原谅我对他做过的一切
[1:08:54] For what? 原谅你什么
[1:08:55] I lied to him. I’m not Jade Spence. 我对他撒了谎 我不是贞德·思朋斯
[1:08:57] I’m a pushy, duplicitous, ambitious college student. 我是一个别有企图 奸诈的 野心勃勃的大学生
[1:09:00] I lied to him, over and over. 我一次又一次的骗了他
[1:09:01] Darling, he lied to you, too, so it’s even. 亲爱的 他也骗了你 所以你们互不相欠
[1:09:04] His lies pale in comparison to the enormity of what I’ve done. 和我做的那些罪大恶极的事相比 他的谎言算不上什么
[1:09:08] So marry him as Jade Spence. Don’t tell him. 那就不要告诉他 以贞德·思朋斯的身份嫁给他
[1:09:11] You know, you don’t have to be Sondra Pransky ever again. 你不需要再做回桑德拉·波兰斯基
[1:09:14] Marry him as Jade Spence. 就当你的贞德·思朋斯嫁给他好了
[1:09:16] Yeah, but I don’t want to have to get you a Father’s Day gift every year. 对 但是我可不想 每年父亲节的时候还得买礼物给你
[1:09:19] You know, I don’t know how to break this to you, 我不知道这事该如何启口
[1:09:22] honey, but you were adopted. Okay? 亲爱的 你是被收养的
[1:09:24] Your mother and l, we were at the orphanage, 你妈和我 当时我们在孤儿院
[1:09:26] we wanted a handicapped child, and… 想收养一个有残疾的孩子…
[1:09:29] Ah, finally. Just you and I all weekend. 真是难得 整个周末只有我们两个人
[1:09:32] Yeah. 是啊
[1:09:35] I thought you’d like it here. 我觉得你会喜欢这里的
[1:09:36] -It’s lovely. -Mmm-hmm. -这里很好 -嗯
[1:09:40] -Peter? -Yes. -彼得 -什么事
[1:09:42] I have a confession to make. 我得向你坦白些事情
[1:09:43] Oh, God, so do l. 哦 天啊 我也要向你坦白
[1:09:45] Oh, well, let me go first. 哦 我先来吧
[1:09:47] Actually, no, let me, please, 不 还是我先来吧
[1:09:49] because mine’s been bothering me all day. 因为我要说的事已经困扰我整整一天了
[1:09:51] I just want to get it off my chest. 我只想快点把它说出来
[1:09:52] When I told you I was going away for a few days on business, 当我和你说 我有生意上的事要出去几天的时候
[1:09:56] I was lying. 我是在骗你
[1:09:59] -I know. -You know? How? -我知道 -你知道 怎么知道的
[1:10:02] -Oh, I saw you. -You saw me? No. -哦 我看到你了 -你看到我了 不
[1:10:04] -I was at dinner, and… -With your father? -我当时正在吃饭…-是和你爸爸在一起吗
[1:10:07] -Actually… -Well, anyway, it doesn’t matter. Really. -事实上…-无所谓 这并不重要 真的
[1:10:10] The truth is, that a company my father owns 事实是 我父亲经营的一个公司
[1:10:14] is about to merge with a company in the Middle East. 要和中东的一家公司合并
[1:10:16] It’s a very sensitive situation, 这事很敏感
[1:10:18] and the less anyone knows about it, the better. 知道的人越少越好
[1:10:20] And we just didn’t want the press to sniff it out. 我们只是不希望媒体发现这事
[1:10:22] I mean, that’s no excuse, really. 尽管这并不能做为我撒谎的借口
[1:10:23] I’m just very sorry for the extreme secrecy. 我只是对这个机密感到抱歉
[1:10:25] No, no, no, it’s fine. I’m glad. 不 不 不 没事的 我很高兴你告诉我
[1:10:28] It’s your own secret information. That’s fine. 这是你个人的秘密信息 我理解
[1:10:32] So your father took you out for a birthday dinner 这么说 你父亲带你出去吃饭庆祝生日
[1:10:35] and you saw me. I mean, how unnerving. 在那你看到了我 真是无地自容
[1:10:36] God, I mean, the thing I hate most in the world is lying. 天 我最憎恨的就是欺骗
[1:10:40] Uh-huh. 嗯
[1:10:42] What? 什么
[1:10:45] -Peter… -Yes, Jade? -彼得…-什么事 贞德
[1:10:48] Peter… 彼得…
[1:10:49] Oh, yes. What did you want to tell me? 哦 对了 你刚才要和我说什么
[1:10:51] Uh… 嗯…
[1:10:52] Jade, there’s nothing you can tell me that… 贞德 你什么都可以和我说…
[1:10:54] My name is not Jade Spence. 我不叫贞德·思朋斯
[1:10:57] It’s not? 不叫
[1:11:00] No. It’s Sondra Pransky. 不 我叫桑德拉·波兰斯基
[1:11:02] And my father is not my father. His name is Sidney Waterman. 我爸爸其实不说我的真爸爸 他的名字叫西德尼·沃特曼
[1:11:06] He’s a magician called Splendini. 他是艺名叫斯朋兰迪尼的魔术师
[1:11:08] I’m a journalism student. 我是个新闻专业的学生
[1:11:10] Don’t ask me what kind of crazy misinformation we received 我们得到一个荒唐的错误信息
[1:11:14] to believe you might be the Tarot Card Killer. 以为你就是塔罗牌连环杀手
[1:11:16] I mean, I didn’t know you at this time. Remember? 我那时候并不认识你 记得吗
[1:11:21] And, of course, as soon as I got to know you, 当然 自从我了解你的为人之后
[1:11:24] I knew that it couldn’t possibly be true. 我就知道那是不可能的
[1:11:26] And the police have him now, so everything’s fine. 现在警察已经抓到了真正的凶手 所以一切都会好起来的
[1:11:29] Of course, along the route I fell for you, 当然 我是那么爱你
[1:11:32] and now I totally blew it, and… 但现在我彻底把这事给搞砸了…
[1:11:34] Who told you this? 是谁告诉你这些的
[1:11:36] Oh, a newspaperman. He’s now deceased. 哦 是一个新闻记者 他现在已经死了
[1:11:40] Very foolish. He was eager for his last scoop. 非常愚蠢 他太渴望他最后的一个头条新闻了
[1:11:42] Oh, I’m so sorry. I just 哦 对不起 我只是…
[1:11:45] totally understand if you never want to speak to me again 如果你今后再不想和我说话 我完全能够理解
[1:11:49] -or if you don’t want to see me… -Miss Pransky. -或者你再也不想见我的话…-波兰斯基小姐
[1:11:51] Not only am l not angry with you, but you… 我不仅不生你的气 而且…
[1:11:54] -You’ve absolutely made my day! -What? -你让我很高兴 -什么
[1:11:58] Just suspecting that I could be such an imaginative, 想象一下我是那样富有想象力
[1:12:00] dramatic fiend. I love it. 引人注目的杀人魔鬼 我喜欢
[1:12:02] -You do? -Yes. -真的吗 -是的
[1:12:03] I think it’s one of the funniest, craziest things I’ve ever heard in my life. 我想这是我这辈子听到的最有趣 最疯狂的事情
[1:12:06] I can’t wait to tell the chaps at the club. 我真是迫不及待想告诉 俱乐部里的那帮家伙
[1:12:08] Peter? 彼得
[1:12:09] Yes, darling. 是的 亲爱的
[1:12:11] -I have to ask you something. -Yes, anything. Absolutely. -我得问你点事情 -当然 什么事都可以
[1:12:16] Why did you hide that Tarot deck in your music room? 为什么你会把那副塔罗牌 藏到你的音乐室呢
[1:12:22] How do you know about that? 你是怎么知道的
[1:12:26] I was so paranoid. I… It’s crazy. 我太多疑了 我…太疯狂了
[1:12:28] But I snuck in. 我偷偷溜进去了
[1:12:29] Oh, dear, it was going to be a surprise. 亲爱的 那本来是给你的一个惊喜
[1:12:31] I bought them for you. They’re Victorian Tarot cards. 是给你买的 那是维多利亚时代的塔罗牌
[1:12:34] You told me you were into that kind of thing. 你告诉过我你对那些东西感兴趣
[1:12:36] -What? Oh… -It was gonna be a gift for you. -什么 哦…-那是给你的礼物
[1:12:37] Oh, you’re so… I feel like such an idiot! 哦 你真是太…我简直就像个傻子一样
[1:12:40] Darling, no, no, no, never mind, never mind. What a shame. 亲爱的 不 没关系 真遗憾
[1:12:42] -Let’s forget about it. -No… -忘了这些吧 -不…
[1:12:44] Huh? Let’s just… 嗯 我们…
[1:12:46] Now that we’ve confessed our sins, 我们已经坦白了自己的罪行
[1:12:48] let’s move on with our lives, huh? 现在还是继续我们的生活 好吗
[1:12:49] -Really? -Yeah. I want to hear all about the real you. -真的 -是的 我想听听真正的你的事情
[1:12:52] And I assure you in advance, I’ll love it. 提前向你保证 我会喜欢听的
[1:12:55] Oh, God, 哦 天啊
[1:12:56] you snuck into my music room, did you? 你偷偷溜进了我的音乐室 是吗
[1:13:01] So the reason why he was skulking around, 他躲躲闪闪的原因
[1:13:03] was ’cause he had this private family business 就是因为他家族的生意
[1:13:05] which is too delicate to discuss, actually. 那生意非常敏感
[1:13:08] Sorry, I don’t buy it. 对不起 我不相信
[1:13:09] -What? -The man is a liar and a murderer. -什么 -那家伙是骗子兼杀人凶手
[1:13:12] And I say that with all due respect. 我就是这么认为的
[1:13:14] -Sidney. -Child, I know what I’m talking about. -西德尼 -孩子 我知道我在说什么
[1:13:16] Don’t call me that, all right? 别那么叫我 好吗
[1:13:18] Do you remember when we were out on the estate, 你还记得我们去他家庄园的时候
[1:13:20] I found a clue, you thought I was nuts? 我发现了一条线索 可你却认为我疯了的事吗
[1:13:22] I thought you were nuts so many times I can’t recall the exact one. 我那么说你好多回了 我记不起来究竟是什么时候的事了
[1:13:25] Do you remember this? 你还记得这个吗
[1:13:26] Do you remember this little item? This clue? 你还记得这个小纸条吗 记得这个线索吗
[1:13:28] -Yes, Betty G. -Yes, Betty G. -是的 贝蒂·G -没错 就是贝蒂·G
[1:13:31] Now, I checked all the girls that were murdered. 我查过所有被害的女孩
[1:13:35] The one that was killed the night we saw Peter on the street, was named 我们看到彼得那天被害的那个女孩
[1:13:38] Elizabeth Gibson. 她的名字叫伊丽莎白·吉布森
[1:13:41] So? 那又怎么样
[1:13:42] So Betty is short for Elizabeth a lot of times. 很多时候 贝蒂就是伊丽莎白的简称
[1:13:46] Oh, come on, Sidney. That’s a real stretch. You’re reaching now. 别这样 西德尼 这太夸张了 你现在是在妄下结论
[1:13:49] Look, supposing you wanted to rub somebody out and not get caught. 听着 想象一下你想打劫什么人 而又不想被抓
[1:13:53] Nobody wants to get caught, Sidney. 没有人想被抓 西德尼
[1:13:55] Look, 听着
[1:13:56] he wants to get rid of Elizabeth Gibson. 他想干掉伊丽莎白·吉布森
[1:13:58] Betty Gibson. Betty Gibson. 贝蒂·吉布森 贝蒂·吉布森
[1:14:00] So, there’s a series of murders 这里有一系列的凶杀案
[1:14:03] with a guy that’s got a real style. A Tarot card. 凶手作案的手段很独特 有塔罗牌
[1:14:06] They said he was a total maniac. 他们说凶手是个十足的疯子
[1:14:08] He buys a Tarot deck and let’s say he hides it. 他买了副塔罗牌 而且把它给藏起来
[1:14:11] Hypothetically, he hides it, let’s say, in a music room. 假设 我们姑且这么说 他把牌藏到了一个音乐室里
[1:14:14] -Let’s say he hides it in, let’s say, a French horn. -Oh, Sidney. -假设他把牌藏到法国圆号下面 -哦 西德尼
[1:14:16] -In a French horn! -I’m losing patience with you. -藏在法国圆号下面 -我没耐心听你说这些
[1:14:19] I’m not saying the guy did all the murders. 我没有说所有的谋杀都是这家伙干的
[1:14:21] I’m saying that he just did Elizabeth Gibson, 我只是说他杀了伊丽莎白·吉布森
[1:14:24] then folded it into the series of the Tarot Killer 然后他把一切伪装成塔罗牌杀手所为
[1:14:26] so he wouldn’t get caught. 这样的话 他就不会被抓
[1:14:28] Henry Banks confessed to all the murders. 亨利·班克斯承认了所有的谋杀
[1:14:31] Henry Banks is deranged! He hallucinates! 亨利·班克斯疯了 他神志不清
[1:14:33] My God. 天啊
[1:14:34] Henry… And you know those guys like to brag when they get caught. 亨利…你知道那些家伙 被抓后就喜欢瞎吹牛
[1:14:37] Henry Banks, you know… 亨利·班克斯 他…
[1:14:39] Where are you going? 你要去哪
[1:14:40] The cops will dump every unsolved murder on Henry Banks. 警察会把所有未破的凶杀案都推到亨利·班克斯身上
[1:14:44] They haven’t caught anybody in years. 他们好些年都抓不到一个凶手
[1:14:46] -Peter wouldn’t hurt a fly. -Oh, really? -彼得连苍蝇都不忍心伤害 -哦 是吗
[1:14:49] What about a fly who speaks? 那那些会说话的苍蝇呢
[1:14:52] -What? -Yes. -什么 -是的
[1:14:53] Why would Peter kill a prostitute? 为什么彼得要杀一个妓女
[1:14:55] Because it looks terrible on his resume. 因为这威胁到他的声誉
[1:14:58] Who knows what kind of sordid life this guy has? 谁知道那家伙过的是 什么样的肮脏生活呢
[1:15:00] Have you completely lost your mind? What is wrong with you? 你疯了吗 你到底是怎么了
[1:15:03] Peter being blackmailed by a prostitute? It’s ridiculous. 彼得被一个妓女敲诈 太荒谬了
[1:15:06] What are you putting in your Metamucil? 你到底葫芦里卖的是什么药
[1:15:08] You know… Where are you going? 你知道…你要去哪
[1:15:10] You don’t understand! It would kill his reputation! 你不明白 那会毁了他的名声的
[1:15:13] Oh, can you bring the water out? 哦 你能不能把水拿出来
[1:15:17] Can I say one thing? Can I just tell you one thing? 我能说一件事吗 能就和你说一件事吗
[1:15:20] Joe Strombel would not agree with you. 乔·斯特劳博是不会同意你的观点的
[1:15:22] I don’t want to talk about Joe Strombel, all right? 我不想谈乔·斯特劳博 好吗
[1:15:24] Even a great reporter can be wrong. 再伟大的记者也有犯错的时候
[1:15:26] But he’s not wrong. 但是他没有错
[1:15:28] Blackmail. I see it all over. 敲诈 这点我很清楚
[1:15:30] You are a cynical crapehanger 你是个愤世嫉俗的悲观主义者
[1:15:31] who always sees the glass half-empty! 你看到的永远都只是半空的水杯
[1:15:33] No, you’re wrong. I see the glass half-full, 你错了 我看到的是半满的水杯
[1:15:35] but of poison. 而且杯里的水还是有毒的
[1:15:36] And you’re gonna wind up drinking it! 最后你会把杯里的水喝下去的
[1:15:38] You don’t know anything. 你什么都不知道
[1:15:39] You don’t have a reporter’s instincts, okay? 你根本就没有记者的直觉 知道了吗
[1:15:41] You’re some guy who vanishes silk handkerchiefs 你只是会把丝绸手帕变没
[1:15:43] and cuts people’s neckties off. 把人们的领结剪断
[1:15:45] Do everybody a favor. Go back to your card tricks, all right? 帮大家一下 接着回去变你的戏法去吧
[1:15:54] Did you tell her? 你告诉她了吗
[1:15:56] I did. I told her. 我告诉她了
[1:15:57] And I made it seem as though it all suddenly just came to me. 我说的就好像这些都是 我突然间想明白的一样
[1:16:01] I know I’m right. 我知道我是对的
[1:16:03] She just won’t listen to me. She hates me. 她就是不听我的 她恨我
[1:16:04] Yeah. I… You know, 是的 我…
[1:16:06] sometimes, I got to say, I worry about that girl. 我得说 有时候我很担心那孩子
[1:16:09] I don’t think I’ll be seeing you anymore. 我觉得我不会再见到你了
[1:16:13] Well, if there’s a scoop to be had here, 如果那真有什么大新闻的话
[1:16:16] she’s going to get it for you. 她会帮你搞定的
[1:16:18] You can only cheat death so many times, 你不可能一直欺骗死亡
[1:16:21] and I’ve used every trick I know. 我已经用尽了我知道的一切窍门
[1:16:23] You look after her. She’s a decent kid. 你要好好照顾她 她是个好孩子
[1:16:26] And check his Tarot deck. See if a card’s missing. 查一下他的塔罗牌 看看是不是缺了一张
[1:17:02] I’m a reporter. 我是个记者
[1:17:04] I’m doing a story on Elizabeth Gibson, 我在做关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的报道
[1:17:07] and I know she lived here. 我知道她死前住在这里
[1:17:09] I didn’t know her. I hardly ever saw her come and go. She was quiet. 我不认识她 几乎从没见过她 她很安静
[1:17:14] All right. 好的
[1:17:16] I knew what she did for a living. 我知道她是靠什么谋生的
[1:17:18] But whether she used to entertain her clients here, or not, I couldn’t say. 但是她是否在家接待客人 这点我不清楚
[1:17:27] Oh, excuse me. I’m a reporter. 打扰一下 我是个记者
[1:17:33] And I’m doing a story 我在做一篇报道
[1:17:34] about Elizabeth Gibson. 关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的报道
[1:17:37] If there’s any comments, 如果你对那案子有什么评论
[1:17:39] anything you know about her that l… 或者你知道她什么情况…
[1:17:40] -What paper? What paper are you from? -The Washington Post. -什么报纸 你是哪家报社的 -华盛顿邮报
[1:17:45] I’m one of the top reporters on the… 我可是个很出色的记者…
[1:17:48] Did you see All the President’s Men? 你看过”惊天大阴谋”那部电影吗
[1:17:50] I was the short guy. 我就是里面的那个小个子
[1:17:54] Why is an American paper interested in this? 为什么美国报纸会对这事感兴趣
[1:17:57] No, no, we are, we are. We’re doing a big story. 不 我们很感兴趣 我们正在做个大新闻
[1:17:59] The Travel and Leisure section is doing a big spread 我们旅游与休闲版正在大力宣扬
[1:18:02] on places to avoid like the plague. 避免这类事件再度发生
[1:18:04] And so, I’m… 我是…
[1:18:07] I’ll make it very worth your while, you know and… 我不会亏待你的…
[1:18:11] All right, all right, all right. I knew Betty Gibson. 好吧 好吧 我认识贝蒂·吉布森
[1:18:15] Mmm-hmm, and she was very tough. 嗯 她很坚强
[1:18:17] But I don’t think that she deserved to die. 她不应该落下这样的下场的
[1:18:20] Did you say Betty Gibson? 你刚才说贝蒂·吉布森
[1:18:23] Everyone called her Betty. That was her name. 大家都叫她贝蒂 那就是她的名字
[1:18:27] Really? And did you know any of her clients at all? 真的 你认识她的客人吗
[1:18:34] I mean, she knew millions of men, didn’t she? She was very sexy. 她认识成群的男人 不是吗 她很性感火爆
[1:18:38] You know. Not that you’d know that from those pictures. 不是你在报上见到的那个样子
[1:18:43] She used to be a really pretty baby-faced blonde. 她以前是个非常漂亮的 娃娃脸的金发美人
[1:18:46] You know, the sort men go nuts for. 那种令男人痴狂的美人
[1:18:48] A blonde? But in the paper… The pictures in the paper… 金发 但是报上说…报上的那些照片…
[1:18:50] Oh, no, I know, I know. 不 我知道 我知道
[1:18:52] She made the mistake of cutting it off and dyeing it black. 她把头发剪掉染成黑色绝对是个错误
[1:18:54] God knows why. 谁知道究竟是为什么
[1:18:56] Maybe it’s to please one of her regulars. 也许是为了取悦她的常客
[1:18:59] She had steady clients? 她有常客
[1:19:02] Well, yeah, one for sure. 是的 至少有一个
[1:19:03] Look, these guys never use their real names, okay? 这些家伙从来不用他们的真实姓名 知道吗
[1:19:06] But there was this one rich kid that she saw a lot. 但是他们中有一个很富有的小子 她经常见他
[1:19:10] And his name was Peter. 他叫彼得
[1:19:14] Peter what? 彼得什么
[1:19:16] Peter… Peter Yardley. Peter Yardley? 彼得…彼得·耶德烈 彼得·耶德烈
[1:19:19] Yardley. Yardley. 耶德烈 耶德烈
[1:19:21] -Hello? -Hello, this is Mr. Spence. -喂 -喂 我是思朋斯先生
[1:19:25] Sid. Sid Waterman Spence. 西德尼 西德尼·沃特曼·思朋斯
[1:19:30] This is Sid Waterman Spence. Where have I called? 我是西德尼·沃特曼·思朋斯 你那是哪里
[1:19:34] Oh, hello, Sidney. It’s Peter Lyman. 哦 你好 西德尼 我是彼得·莱曼
[1:19:38] Sondra and l are spending the weekend at my father’s country house. 桑德拉和我这周末 在我父亲的乡村别墅里
[1:19:42] You could have come. 你也应该一起来的
[1:19:43] That’s okay. She gave me this number to call. May I speak with her? 没什么 她给我这个号码的 我能和她谈谈吗
[1:19:48] Yes, one second. 好的 等一下
[1:19:57] Hi, Sidney. 嗨 西德尼
[1:19:58] Listen, I got a treasure trove of information here. 听着 我这有非常重要的信息
[1:20:02] I just was snooping with… 我刚才在到处打探消息…
[1:20:05] On Elizabeth Gibson. 关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的消息
[1:20:07] She’s called Betty. Betty! She’s called Betty. 她的名字叫贝蒂 贝蒂 她叫贝蒂
[1:20:10] And she had some kind of a long relationship… 她有一个常客…
[1:20:14] A special relationship with some young guy, Peter. 和一个叫彼得的家伙有很特殊的关系
[1:20:17] The last name doesn’t click, but I’m sure it’s the same. 当然姓不一样 但是我确信就是同一个人
[1:20:22] This is crazy. 你疯了
[1:20:25] Look, stop making trouble, Sidney. The case is closed. 听着 别再惹麻烦了 西德尼 这案子已经结了
[1:20:28] Listen, this thing adds up. 你听好 这些事情都联系起来了
[1:20:31] You’re alone up there with a very, very dangerous man. 你现在一个人 在和一个非常非常危险人在一起
[1:20:36] That’s two verys. 我说了两个”非常”
[1:20:37] You got to get back to town right away. 你得马上回城里来
[1:20:40] Sidney, if I thought there was a shred of proof, 西德尼 如果真的有哪怕那么一丁点 可靠的证据的话
[1:20:42] I would never let my personal feelings get involved, all right? 我是绝对不会 把我个人的感情牵扯进来的 好吗
[1:20:46] The truth is, I’m crazy about the guy. 现在我疯狂的爱上了这个人
[1:20:47] I can’t keep obsessing over tantalizing conspiracy theories. 我不能总是被这些焦虑的阴谋理论所困扰
[1:20:57] You know, I’m sure that he killed her 我确信是他杀了她
[1:21:00] and made it look like a Tarot killing. 而且把这个案子伪装成塔罗牌杀手干的
[1:21:03] You know, you don’t see it because you got stars in your eyes. 你看不到这些完全是因为 你已经被他迷惑住了
[1:21:07] Look, I don’t… This is crazy! I don’t want to talk about this anymore. 我没有…这太荒唐了 我不想再和你谈这个了
[1:21:10] It’s too upsetting for me, all right? 这事太令我心烦了 好吗
[1:21:12] Let me have my nice weekend. 让我过个愉快的周末吧
[1:21:14] I’ll talk to you when I get back. 我回来后再和你聊
[1:21:15] Stop putting these paranoid thoughts in my head! 不要再向我灌输这些疯狂的想法了
[1:21:19] -Is Sidney okay? -Yes, yes. -西德尼还好吗 -是的 是的
[1:21:21] You know, I love Sidney, I really do, 我爱西德尼 我真的爱他
[1:21:24] but he’s just… He’s got a part missing, you know, he’s crazy! 但是 他…他不正常 他疯了
[1:21:26] -Yes, really? -Mmm-hmm. -是吗 -嗯
[1:21:28] Like what? 比如呢
[1:21:29] We’ll talk about it later. 我们一会再谈
[1:21:31] -Let me change, okay? -Mmm-Hmm. -我先去换衣服 好吗 -嗯
[1:21:53] Yes? Oh, yes, sir. 什么事 哦 是你 先生
[1:21:55] Yes. My daughter is in the country with Mr. Lyman. 我女儿现在和莱曼先生在乡村别墅
[1:21:59] And I’m gonna be driving up there later and she asked me 我一会要开车去那里
[1:22:03] if I could pick up her red cashmere sweater. 她叫我带上她的红色羊绒毛衣
[1:22:05] She thinks she left it upstairs. 她可能落在楼上了
[1:22:06] Red cashmere? 红色羊绒毛衣
[1:22:07] Yes, it’s a red sweater. It’s a kind of a red, tomato red, 是的 是件红色毛衣 是那种番茄红
[1:22:10] Iike a fire engine. A red. A rouge. 像消防车的那种红 红色 红色
[1:22:12] -I understand, sir. Red. -Yes, yes. -我明白 先生 红色 -是的 是的
[1:22:15] I’ll see if I can find it. 我去看看能不能找到
[1:23:21] Sir? 先生
[1:23:23] Oh, I was just checking out the Stradivarius. 哦 我在看那些弦乐
[1:23:27] I play a few pieces myself on the violin. 我演奏过一些小提琴乐曲
[1:23:29] Prokofiev and Bartok, the Hot Canary… 普罗科菲耶夫 巴托克什么的…
[1:23:32] But Mr. Lyman is the only person to have the combination to that room. 只有莱曼先生才知道这房间的密码
[1:23:35] Yes, but he wanted to share it with me because, you know, 是的 但是莱曼先生告诉了我
[1:23:38] in case something happened, 以防 以防有什么事情发生
[1:23:40] you know, life is very capricious. 你也知道 人生难测嘛
[1:23:42] A stroke, a sudden embolism or lightning… You know l… 中风 意外脑血栓 不幸…
[1:23:46] Darling, I love you. I mean that sincerely. 亲爱的 我爱你 我是真心的
[1:23:48] You’re a wonderful woman, 你是个了不起的女人
[1:23:49] you’re a tremendous servant and a credit to your race. 你是个出色的仆人 是人类的榜样
[1:23:51] And I mean that. From the bottom of my heart I say that to you. 我是真心的 这些都是我的肺腑之言
[1:23:54] I notice you didn’t get the red sweater. 你没有拿红毛衣下来
[1:23:55] She probably left it in another bedroom. 大概她把它落在别的卧室了
[1:23:57] You know, she’s got a little problem with promiscuity. 这孩子有点没条理
[1:23:59] But… 但是…
[1:24:01] So, I’ll be going. I’ll call you. We’ll have lunch. 那我走了 我会给你打电话的 我们一起吃午餐
[1:24:12] Mr. Lyman, sir, Mr. Spence has been here and he’s been into the music room. 莱曼先生 思朋斯先生来过这 他去了音乐室
[1:24:17] What do you mean? 什么意思
[1:24:19] A most unusual sequence of events. 整个事情都非常奇怪
[1:24:21] Mr. Spence came by looking for his daughter’s sweater. 思朋斯先生来这 说是要找他女儿的毛衣
[1:24:23] Said she’d requested it. 说她叫他来拿的
[1:24:25] Next thing I knew, he was in the music room. 之后我所知的就是 他在音乐室
[1:24:28] Sir, I think he’d been drinking, from his behavior. 先生 根据他的举止 我觉得他喝醉了
[1:24:31] Yes, yes. 是的 没错
[1:24:34] Yes. Okay, Margaret, thank you. Goodbye. 好的 玛格丽特 谢谢你 再见
[1:24:38] Is everything okay? 一切都还好吗
[1:24:39] Yes. Yes, it will be. 是的 会好起来的
[1:25:57] It’s so nice to be out here with you, just away 和你一起出来真高兴
[1:26:01] -from the rest of the world and… -Hmm. -就这样远离尘世…-嗯
[1:26:03] Yes, I often come out here to read and, well, and fish. 是的 我经常来这读书 钓鱼
[1:26:08] There’s trout in the lake. 这湖里有鲑鱼
[1:26:18] What are you thinking about? 你在想什么
[1:26:21] -You really want to know? -Yes. -你真的想知道 -是的
[1:26:25] Just how ironic life is, and tragic. 我在想人生是如此的 充满讽刺 如此悲哀
[1:26:28] Why? 为什么
[1:26:30] Well, that I met you by rescuing you from drowning 我在游泳池救了你 而和你相识
[1:26:34] and found you totally enchanting 我发现你是如此的迷人
[1:26:37] and now we’ve come full cycle and, alas, you’re going to have to drown. 但是现在我们绕了一大圈 哎 到头来你还是要淹死
[1:26:43] What? 什么
[1:26:45] Oh, I imagine by now Sidney’s confirmed that I killed Betty Gibson. 哦 我想现在西德尼确信 是我杀了贝蒂·吉布森
[1:26:48] I mean, in my own defense, there really was no other way out. 我只能说除此之外我别无他法
[1:26:51] At first I managed to hide my identity from her, 开始我对她隐瞒了我的身份
[1:26:54] but I saw her too many times over the years 但是这些年我见了她太多面
[1:26:57] and she learned who I was, and… 她后来知道了我的身份 而且…
[1:27:00] Well, it became a constant demand for money 后来变成了不断的索取金钱
[1:27:02] and I just could not let that go on, could l? 我不能任其发展 是不是
[1:27:05] I mean, my whole life and career 我的整个人生和事业
[1:27:07] would be just hostage to her moods at all times. 将完全任由她的心情而支配
[1:27:12] So, I studied the Tarot case, 所以 我研究了塔罗牌案件
[1:27:15] I rehearsed my plan, and, well, you know the rest. 我安排了我的计划 剩下的你应该都知道了
[1:27:17] If you do something to me, Sidney’s gonna find out! 你要是敢对我怎么样的话 西德尼会发现的
[1:27:19] He’ll tell someone. 他会再告诉别人的
[1:27:20] No, no, no. You see, you will go in a boating accident, 不 不会 你会死于划船意外
[1:27:23] and Sidney will go later tonight. 今晚晚些时候就轮到西德尼了
[1:27:25] No one knows of your relationship with him, 没有人知道你和他的关系
[1:27:28] because, after all, you’re not actually father and daughter, are you? 因为你们根本就不是真正的父女关系
[1:27:31] And no one will think twice to investigate the death of some obscure vaud… 不会有人调查这种不起眼的死亡
[1:27:34] Are you listening? 你在听我说吗
[1:27:35] No one will think twice to investigate the death 根本就不会有人调查
[1:27:37] of some obscure vaudevillian called Splendini, 这个不起眼的 和我毫不相干的
[1:27:39] who is really a stranger to me. 名叫思朋兰迪尼的杂耍演员
[1:27:42] Help! 救命
[1:27:43] Help! Someone help me! 救命 救命啊
[1:27:54] Yes, very quiet, isn’t it? 这里非常安静 不是吗
[1:27:58] This is the advantage of a private lake. 这就是私人湖区的优点
[1:28:05] Get off me! Get off me! 放开我 放开我
[1:28:08] Get off me! Come… 放开我…
[1:29:29] Yes, police. 接警察
[1:29:32] Yes, this is Peter Lyman. I need the police immediately. 我是彼得·莱曼 请马上派警察到我家来
[1:29:36] At the Lyman estate. 在莱曼庄园
[1:29:39] There’s been a terrible boating accident. A woman has drowned. 发生了一起可怕的划船意外 有个女人淹死了
[1:29:42] It’s awful. Please come right away. 太可怕了 请快点赶过来
[1:29:44] Thank you. Thank you. 谢谢 谢谢
[1:29:53] They think they know where the body is. 他们知道尸体在什么地方了
[1:29:55] I’m so sorry, sir. 很抱歉 先生
[1:30:00] When last I saw her, she… 我最后一次见她的时候 她…
[1:30:06] She just said she wanted to go out there to communicate with nature. 她只说她想去那感受一下自然
[1:30:10] Just to think she wanted some peace and quiet and… 我以为她只是想寻找一些安详平和…
[1:30:12] She wasn’t depressed, or anything like that, was she, sir? 她没有出现精神沮丧 或者类似的情况吗 先生
[1:30:14] God, no. No. 天 没有 没有
[1:30:15] I mean, unless she was keeping it from me. 除非她刻意瞒着我
[1:30:18] You heard no cries for help? 你没有听到呼救的哭喊声
[1:30:20] No! No, I was listening to music in here, damn it. 没有 我当时在听音乐 真是
[1:30:24] It’s just so ironic. 真的是很讽刺
[1:30:25] Because the way I first met her 我第一次遇到她的时候
[1:30:27] I rescued her from drowning in our club pool. 在我们俱乐部的游泳池里救了她
[1:30:29] And she was a very, very weak swimmer. 她非常非常不擅长游泳
[1:30:32] Hello? 有人吗
[1:30:35] I was faking it at the pool to get your attention. 我刚才在湖里是假装那样 好吸引你的注意力
[1:30:38] Actually, I used to be captain of the Brooklyn Community Swim Team. 事实上 我以前是布鲁克林社区游泳队长
[1:30:55] Fascinating observation. 你的观察太仔细了
[1:30:57] Lyman lost a cufflink at the flat of a prostitute, 莱曼在妓女家掉了一粒袖扣
[1:31:00] who was later killed by the Tarot Card Killer. 而那妓女晚些时候被塔罗牌凶手杀害
[1:31:04] Well, this upright chap certainly enjoyed patronizing some dodgy women. 这家伙真是喜欢光顾那些危险的女人
[1:31:08] Unfortunately for Elizabeth Gibson, she elected to blackmail him. 不幸的是伊丽莎白·吉布森 她选择了敲诈他
[1:31:12] It’s a beautifully written story 这个报道写的很好
[1:31:15] and one of the best bits of investigative journalism in a long time. 是长久以来最好的调查报道之一
[1:31:19] And this paper is proud to run it. 我们很荣幸的要发表它
[1:31:21] Oh, I have to share the credit with Joe Strombel. 哦 这得感谢乔·斯特劳博
[1:31:24] An inspiration, 他是我的灵感
[1:31:25] who taught me more than I could ever explain to anyone. 他教给了我很多东西
[1:31:27] And to the late Sidney Waterman. 还有刚刚过世得西德尼·沃特曼
[1:31:31] Splendini. 思朋兰迪尼
[1:31:32] A nice guy who helped out with the investigation 他在调查过程中给予了我很大的帮助
[1:31:35] and without whom I never could have made it. 没有他我是不会取得今天的成绩的
[1:31:39] Sidney, wherever you are, 西德尼 无论你现在身在何处
[1:31:42] I’ll never forget you. 我都不会忘记你
[1:31:46] How did you get here? 你是怎么到这来的
[1:31:47] Me? 我吗
[1:31:49] I couldn’t get used to driving on the goddamn wrong side of the street! 我不习惯在马路的另一边驾驶汽车
[1:31:52] You know, I was driving up to the country, 我是在开车前往乡村的路上
[1:31:54] and in the United States, 要是在美国的话
[1:31:55] I would have been a hero. I would have saved her. 我会成为英雄的 我是可以救她的
[1:31:57] I would have… 我可以…
[1:31:59] But here, you know… That’s the one drawback of living in London. 但是 现在我在这里…这就是在伦敦生活的一个弊端
[1:32:01] Granted, the theater’s better, there’s many good lndian restaurants. 当然了 那里的剧院更好 也有很多好吃的印度餐馆
[1:32:04] Well, what did you do? 你是干什么的
[1:32:06] What do I do? I’m Splendini. Magician. 我是干什么的 我是思朋兰迪尼 魔术师
[1:32:09] -Would you like to see something? -Oh, yes, please. -你想看点什么吗 -哦 当然 请吧
[1:32:11] -Do we have time for a card trick? -Yes. -我们有时间表演个纸牌戏法吗 -当然
[1:32:13] I believe we have eternity. 我相信我们有的是时间
[1:32:15] I’m going to show you a little trick now. 我看给你们表演一个小戏法
[1:32:18] I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, I mean this sincerely… 我只是想从我内心深处对你们说…
[1:32:21] I say this with all due respect. 我这么说是真心的
[1:32:23] You are a wonderful group and a fantastic group of people. 你们是个了不起的团体 非常优秀的一群人
[1:32:25] I love you and I feel that coming back from you. 我爱你们 从你们身上我也感受到了你们对我的爱
[1:32:28] And you may be deceased, but you should not be discouraged. 你们可能是已故的亡者 但是你们不应该就此气馁
[1:32:33] Because, you know… 因为…你知道…
[1:32:34] Don’t think of being dead as a handicap. 不要把死亡当作一种障碍
[1:32:37] You know, when I was a child, I stuttered. 我小时候是个结巴
[1:32:39] But with stick-to-it-iveness and perseverance, 但是凭着坚定不移的决心
[1:32:41] you know, you can never tell what could happen. 你永远预想不到将会发生什么事情
[1:32:43] Now, I want you to take a card, Alma. 阿尔玛 现在我要你挑张牌
[1:32:45] Go ahead, take any card you want. 来吧 任意选一张牌
[1:32:46] Just pick it. Pick it. Go ahead, sweetheart. 选一张 来吧 亲爱的
[1:32:48] I love you, sweetheart. That’s fantastic. 我爱你 亲爱的 真的是太棒了
2006年 Tags:伍迪艾伦

文章导航

Previous Post: Melinda and Melinda(双生美莲达)[2004]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: Midnight in Paris(午夜巴黎)[2011]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

发表评论 取消回复

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

分类目录

  • 104房间 (96)
  • 1900年 (1)
  • 1922年 (1)
  • 1925年 (1)
  • 1931年 (1)
  • 1934年 (1)
  • 1939年 (2)
  • 1941年 (1)
  • 1942年 (2)
  • 1943年 (2)
  • 1944年 (2)
  • 1946年 (1)
  • 1948年 (1)
  • 1952年 (1)
  • 1953年 (3)
  • 1954年 (5)
  • 1955年 (4)
  • 1956年 (3)
  • 1957年 (5)
  • 1958年 (2)
  • 1959年 (5)
  • 1960年 (2)
  • 1961年 (4)
  • 1962年 (2)
  • 1963年 (2)
  • 1964年 (4)
  • 1966年 (3)
  • 1967年 (3)
  • 1968年 (3)
  • 1969年 (5)
  • 1970年 (2)
  • 1971年 (4)
  • 1972年 (7)
  • 1973年 (5)
  • 1974年 (4)
  • 1975年 (7)
  • 1976年 (7)
  • 1977年 (6)
  • 1978年 (4)
  • 1979年 (7)
  • 1980年 (10)
  • 1981年 (5)
  • 1982年 (8)
  • 1983年 (6)
  • 1984年 (8)
  • 1985年 (8)
  • 1986年 (8)
  • 1987年 (18)
  • 1988年 (12)
  • 1989年 (14)
  • 1990年 (15)
  • 1991年 (11)
  • 1992年 (9)
  • 1993年 (18)
  • 1994年 (18)
  • 1995年 (26)
  • 1996年 (22)
  • 1997年 (30)
  • 1998年 (35)
  • 1999年 (42)
  • 2000年 (38)
  • 2001年 (41)
  • 2002年 (48)
  • 2003年 (60)
  • 2004年 (51)
  • 2005年 (67)
  • 2006年 (90)
  • 2007年 (133)
  • 2008年 (163)
  • 2009年 (229)
  • 2010年 (184)
  • 2011年 (170)
  • 2012年 (79)
  • 2013年 (78)
  • 2014年 (91)
  • 2015年 (73)
  • 2016年 (78)
  • 2017年 (87)
  • 2018年 (167)
  • 2019年 (321)
  • 2020年 (173)
  • 2021年 (32)
  • 2022年 (17)
  • 2023年 (10)
  • 2024年 (15)
  • 2037年 (1)
  • 24小时 (382)
  • barui (24)
  • X档案 (434)
  • 一切安好 (20)
  • 不死法医 (44)
  • 丑女贝蒂 (166)
  • 东城梦魇 (14)
  • 东邻西舍 (166)
  • 两周后就死 (12)
  • 中央公园 (10)
  • 中年失恋日记 (16)
  • 为人父母 (206)
  • 为全人类 (40)
  • 乐一通 (22)
  • 乐活姐妹-怪诞冒险 (16)
  • 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人 (86)
  • 亢奋 (16)
  • 人人都爱雷蒙德 (414)
  • 人类清除计划 (40)
  • 亿万 (81)
  • 众口难调 (68)
  • 伞学院 (40)
  • 传世 (13)
  • 传教士 (86)
  • 使女的故事 (110)
  • 侠探杰克 (16)
  • 侯斯顿 (10)
  • 保姆俱乐部 (36)
  • 假如… (18)
  • 假面真情 (40)
  • 傲骨之战 (120)
  • 傲骨贤妻 (312)
  • 僵尸逃生船 (12)
  • 兄弟连 (10)
  • 克拉丽丝 (13)
  • 克拉克森的农场 (24)
  • 公寓大楼里的谋杀案 (38)
  • 内裤队长 (39)
  • 再造淑女 (26)
  • 冥想正念指南 (16)
  • 凡妮莎海辛 (128)
  • 凯萨琳大帝 (20)
  • 初代吸血鬼 (184)
  • 初创玩家 (16)
  • 初来乍到 (232)
  • 别对我说谎 (96)
  • 副总统 (130)
  • 副警长 (13)
  • 办公室(美版) (364)
  • 功夫熊猫盖世传奇 (140)
  • 劳拉之谜 (76)
  • 十字剑 (10)
  • 单亲 (46)
  • 博斯 (60)
  • 卡特特工 (18)
  • 危机边缘 (200)
  • 双城之战 (9)
  • 反恐特警组 (226)
  • 发展受阻 (84)
  • 古战场传奇 (166)
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝 (4)
  • 合伙人之路 (20)
  • 吉尔莫女孩 (170)
  • 同志亦凡人 (166)
  • 名姝 (48)
  • 吸血鬼日记 (342)
  • 周一清晨 (20)
  • 命运航班 (124)
  • 咱们裸熊 (258)
  • 哈哈大校 (12)
  • 哥谭 (198)
  • 善地 (100)
  • 嗜血法医 (192)
  • 嗜血法医·杀魔新生 (20)
  • 囧男窘事 (60)
  • 困兽 (72)
  • 国务卿女士 (240)
  • 国土安全 (192)
  • 圣经故事 (20)
  • 地球百子 (200)
  • 坏法官 (13)
  • 坏老师 (13)
  • 基本演绎法 (153)
  • 堕落街传奇 (50)
  • 处女情缘 (200)
  • 复仇 (176)
  • 复生 (18)
  • 外星也难民 (32)
  • 外星居民 (20)
  • 夜班医生 (90)
  • 大城小妞 (50)
  • 大学生费莉希蒂 (84)
  • 大政治家 (30)
  • 大神偷卡门 (9)
  • 大西洋帝国 (56)
  • 天使在美国 (6)
  • 天堂镇警局 (20)
  • 天才 (56)
  • 天生不配 (20)
  • 天蝎 (184)
  • 天黑请回家 (40)
  • 太平洋战争 (20)
  • 太空堡垒卡拉狄加 (144)
  • 太空部队 (20)
  • 太阳召唤 (16)
  • 奥利不见了 (8)
  • 女大当自强 (28)
  • 女子监狱 (178)
  • 女孩成长记 (144)
  • 女王的棋局 (14)
  • 奶爸当家 (34)
  • 好兆头 (24)
  • 好想做一次 (80)
  • 好汉两个半 (520)
  • 好运查理 (196)
  • 如果还有明天 (80)
  • 如此一家人 (208)
  • 妙女神探 (210)
  • 妙贼警探 (162)
  • 姿态 (50)
  • 娃娃脸 (20)
  • 婚外情事 (106)
  • 婚姻生活 (10)
  • 宇宙小子 (290)
  • 宋飞传 (342)
  • 完美和声 (26)
  • 实习医生格蕾 (830)
  • 实习医生风云 (364)
  • 家庭经济学 (14)
  • 家有喜旺 (176)
  • 小公主苏菲亚 (220)
  • 小小安妮 (27)
  • 小小小小的火 (16)
  • 小谎大事 (14)
  • 小镇疑云·美版 (20)
  • 少女卧底 (148)
  • 少年谢尔顿 (272)
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯 (8)
  • 少狼 (200)
  • 尖叫女王 (44)
  • 尼基塔 (146)
  • 布里奇顿 (16)
  • 希尔达 (52)
  • 年轻的教宗 (20)
  • 幸福谷 (36)
  • 幻灭 (20)
  • 广告狂人 (180)
  • 应召女友 (74)
  • 废柴联盟 (110)
  • 废柴舅舅 (38)
  • 庭审专家 (166)
  • 康斯坦丁 (13)
  • 开心汉堡店 (190)
  • 异星灾变 (20)
  • 弗莱彻夫人 (14)
  • 归途 (34)
  • 律师本色 (330)
  • 律政潜规则 (12)
  • 德古拉 (3)
  • 德里女孩 (19)
  • 心灵猎人 (38)
  • 忍者神龟 (230)
  • 怀孕 (22)
  • 怒呛人生 (10)
  • 性·生活 (16)
  • 性爱自修室 (48)
  • 怪奇物语 (68)
  • 怪物乐园 (16)
  • 怪诞小镇 (80)
  • 恋爱挑战书 (8)
  • 惊异传奇 (5)
  • 惊悚50州 (24)
  • 惩罚者 (52)
  • 意乱情迷 (22)
  • 成瘾剂量 (8)
  • 成长不容易 (94)
  • 我为喜剧狂 (135)
  • 我们这一天 (212)
  • 我变美的那夏天 (14)
  • 我爱上的人是奇葩 (124)
  • 我知道这是真的 (12)
  • 战争与和平 (12)
  • 找寻自我 (70)
  • 投行风云 (32)
  • 拉字至上Q世代 (16)
  • 摩斯探长前传 (33)
  • 摩登家庭 (498)
  • 摩登情爱 (32)
  • 政坛野兽 (8)
  • 政局边缘 (20)
  • 教师情事 (10)
  • 敢不敢挑战我 (10)
  • 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 (12)
  • 斯巴达克斯 (78)
  • 新成长的烦恼 (65)
  • 新生六居客 (60)
  • 新百战天龙 (182)
  • 新贵 (40)
  • 新闻编辑室 (50)
  • 无所作为 (12)
  • 无耻之徒 (268)
  • 日常谜团 (10)
  • 早间新闻 (54)
  • 时空守卫 (32)
  • 旺达幻视 (18)
  • 明日传奇 (87)
  • 星期三 (16)
  • 星际之门SG-1 (422)
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯 (99)
  • 星际之门宇宙 (80)
  • 星际之门起源 (20)
  • 星际迷航:发现号 (84)
  • 星际迷航·皮卡德 (20)
  • 春心荡漾 (104)
  • 暗中 (52)
  • 更美好的事 (42)
  • 曼哈顿计划 (46)
  • 曼达洛人 (48)
  • 最危险的游戏 (30)
  • 最后一个男人 (132)
  • 最后生还者 (18)
  • 月光骑士 (12)
  • 未了之事 (16)
  • 未分类 (1)
  • 末日孤舰 (112)
  • 末日巡逻队 (24)
  • 末日逼近 (18)
  • 朱庇特传奇 (16)
  • 杀手信徒 (90)
  • 杀无赦 (6)
  • 杀死比尔 (64)
  • 权力的游戏 (146)
  • 杰克·莱恩 (16)
  • 杰米私房菜 (52)
  • 极品基老伴 (26)
  • 极品老妈 (340)
  • 林肯律师 (20)
  • 柏林谍影 (10)
  • 柯明斯基理论 (44)
  • 柯明斯基理论 (16)
  • 树墩镇侦探 (36)
  • 格林 (246)
  • 格蕾丝与弗兰基 (188)
  • 梅尔罗斯 (10)
  • 欢乐一家亲 (516)
  • 欢迎来到瑞典 (28)
  • 欲望女大生 (36)
  • 欲望都市 (188)
  • 歌舞青春:音乐剧 (20)
  • 正常人 (24)
  • 歪星撞地球 (278)
  • 死亡医师 (7)
  • 毒枭 (40)
  • 比弗利娇妻 (69)
  • 汉尼拔 (78)
  • 沉默天使 (46)
  • 沙娜拉传奇 (40)
  • 河谷镇 (172)
  • 法官大人 (20)
  • 波士顿法律 (100)
  • 洛基 (24)
  • 浪子神探 (54)
  • 海豹突击队 (202)
  • 深入恶谷 (64)
  • 深入黑暗 (24)
  • 潘多拉 (46)
  • 潘尼沃斯 (40)
  • 火线 (120)
  • 火线警告 (106)
  • 火车大劫案 (4)
  • 灵书妙探 (173)
  • 灵媒缉凶 (256)
  • 灵魂伴侣 (12)
  • 熊家餐馆 (36)
  • 燃情克利夫兰 (254)
  • 爱、死亡、机器人 (68)
  • 犯罪心理 (331)
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯 (340)
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇 (198)
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密 (227)
  • 狂欢命案 (8)
  • 狄金森 (10)
  • 狗狗博客 (69)
  • 猎魔人 (48)
  • 猎鹰与冬兵 (12)
  • 瑞克和莫蒂 (142)
  • 甜木兰 (38)
  • 生活 (6)
  • 生活大爆炸 (275)
  • 疑犯追踪 (206)
  • 疯人疯语 (44)
  • 疯城记 (26)
  • 疯子 (20)
  • 疼痛难免 (14)
  • 疾速争胜 (100)
  • 白宫风云 (308)
  • 百年乡情 (24)
  • 皮囊 (122)
  • 皮尔逊 (20)
  • 真探 (48)
  • 真爱如血 (160)
  • 真相探寻者 (16)
  • 眼见为虚 (13)
  • 睡魔 (18)
  • 破产姐妹 (136)
  • 破发点大满贯之路 (5)
  • 破釜沉舟 (26)
  • 硅谷 (104)
  • 碎片人生 (16)
  • 神探阿蒙 (248)
  • 神烦警探 (152)
  • 神盾局特工 (272)
  • 离家童盟 (66)
  • 科拉传奇 (104)
  • 空乘危机 (16)
  • 窈窕淑女 (40)
  • 童话镇 (306)
  • 粉雄救兵 (86)
  • 紧急呼救 (190)
  • 紧急呼救孤星 (54)
  • 红粉联盟 (8)
  • 约翰·威尔逊的十万个怎么做 (12)
  • 纸牌屋 (146)
  • 绊脚石 (20)
  • 绝命律师 (63)
  • 绝命毒师 (62)
  • 绝望写手 (54)
  • 绝望的主妇 (180)
  • 继承之战 (78)
  • 绯闻女孩 (242)
  • 维京传奇 (158)
  • 绿箭侠 (169)
  • 罗马 (44)
  • 罪夜之奔 (16)
  • 罪恶黑名单 (216)
  • 罪案终结 (214)
  • 罪犯联盟 (12)
  • 美国众神 (16)
  • 美国夫人 (18)
  • 美国恐怖故事 (128)
  • 美国罪案故事 (29)
  • 美国谍梦 (150)
  • 美女上错身 (76)
  • 美少女的谎言 (320)
  • 美式主妇 (103)
  • 美眉校探 (144)
  • 羞耻 (64)
  • 老友记 (468)
  • 老爸有招 (138)
  • 老爸老妈浪漫史 (408)
  • 肯尼迪家族 (16)
  • 脆莓公园 (36)
  • 致命女人 (40)
  • 致命诱惑 (38)
  • 致命陷阱 (11)
  • 良医 (230)
  • 艾米丽在巴黎 (30)
  • 芝加哥急救 (103)
  • 芝加哥烈焰 (182)
  • 芝加哥警署 (208)
  • 英文系主任 (12)
  • 茶杯头大冒险 (22)
  • 荒野 (20)
  • 菜鸟老警 (100)
  • 萨达姆家族 (8)
  • 蓝皮书计划 (40)
  • 虚构安娜 (18)
  • 蛇蝎女佣 (49)
  • 血族 (92)
  • 行尸走肉 (322)
  • 街灯亮起时 (20)
  • 西部世界 (72)
  • 记忆神探 (122)
  • 设计人生 (36)
  • 识骨寻踪 (484)
  • 谍网 (114)
  • 谜湖之巅 (26)
  • 豪斯医生 (354)
  • 贴身保镖 (6)
  • 超感猎杀 (48)
  • 超感警探 (298)
  • 超级少女 (216)
  • 越狱 (176)
  • 路德灵异侦探社 (16)
  • 路西法 (166)
  • 轮回派对 (16)
  • 辍学生 (16)
  • 达芬奇的恶魔 (28)
  • 这是罪 (10)
  • 迷失 (119)
  • 迷失太空 (40)
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉 (7)
  • 逍遥法外 (180)
  • 逗我玩 (38)
  • 逝者之证 (42)
  • 邪恶力量 (654)
  • 郊狼 (6)
  • 金牌律师 (12)
  • 金色年代 (346)
  • 金装律师 (264)
  • 铁证悬案 (156)
  • 镀金时代 (34)
  • 闪电侠 (368)
  • 降世神通 (116)
  • 随性所欲 (44)
  • 雪国列车 (20)
  • 零异频道 (24)
  • 非凡公主希瑞 (40)
  • 面包与爱情 (18)
  • 韦恩 (20)
  • 风中的女王 (156)
  • 飞天大盗 (96)
  • 马尔科姆的一家 (300)
  • 马男波杰克 (76)
  • 鬼入侵 (20)
  • 鬼屋欢乐送 (40)
  • 魔戒:力量之戒 (16)
  • 鲍勃心动 (38)
  • 鳕鱼角 (16)
  • 麻木不仁 (30)
  • 黄石 (94)
  • 黑吃黑 (38)
  • 黑客军团 (90)
  • 黑帆 (38)
  • 黑暗救赎 (3)
  • 黑暗物质 (30)
  • 黑松镇 (40)
  • 黑色乌托邦 (12)
  • 黑色星期一 (27)
  • 黑色童话 (20)
  • 黑袍纠察队 (60)
  • 黑道家族 (172)
  • 黑钱胜地 (88)
  • 龙之家族 (20)
{"status":false,"code":5000,"msg":"失败"}

Copyright © 2025 电影台词-单词统计.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme 京ICP备20011164号