时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Yes. | 棒 |
[00:19] | This El Nino is a real drag. | 厄尔尼诺真烦人 |
[00:21] | It’s supposed to be White Christmas, not wet Christmas. | 现在应该是白雪圣诞节 不是湿淋淋的圣诞节 |
[00:25] | Uh, we are working on it. | 我们在制造雪花呢 |
[00:27] | I don’t think the mix is cold enough. | 混合物好像不够冷 |
[00:28] | It’ll be covered. | 没问题的 |
[00:30] | If Toby bothers to come back. | 只要托比还回来 |
[00:32] | I’m going very south on Christmas this year. | 我今年圣诞节太乱套了 |
[00:34] | This holiday nonsense is killing me. | 这堆节日破事烦死我了 |
[00:37] | I think Ralph might say Christmas is fun. | 拉尔夫会认为圣诞节很有意思 |
[00:39] | In a city that collapses into gridlock over a light drizzle, | 在一座因为一点雨就彻底瘫痪的城市里吗 |
[00:42] | let alone seven days of downpour? | 更不用说还狂下了七天 |
[00:44] | Is that your idea of fun? | 你觉得这有意思吗 |
[00:45] | It is not. | 不觉得 |
[00:46] | Christmas spirit. | 圣诞精神哦 |
[00:48] | Apocryphal state of mind that doesn’t really exist. | 只是伪精神状态 不是真的 |
[00:49] | We get it. “Humbug.” | 我们明白啦 骗子大师 |
[00:51] | Humbug is right. And it’s about to go viral | 我没说错 等凯布发现 |
[00:53] | when Cabe sees the dent I put in his ride. | 我给他车撞了个坑后 情况只会更糟 |
[00:56] | Anyway, I got the stupid ammonium nitrate. | 总之 我拿到硝酸铵了 |
[00:57] | There’s one more bag in the car. | 车里还有一包呢 |
[00:59] | Where’s Walter? | 沃特呢 |
[01:00] | Walter, Toby’s back! | 沃特 托比回来了 |
[01:05] | Walter? | 沃特 |
[01:07] | No. | 别 |
[01:09] | I swear I saw him go upstairs. | 我发誓我看见他上楼了 |
[01:12] | I mean, it’s not a definitive failure. | 也不是绝对的失败 |
[01:13] | I have put some thought into this. | 我考虑过 |
[01:15] | What if there was a way to take the technology, and then… | 如果可以把这种科技… |
[01:19] | Um, are you on the phone? | 你在讲电话吗 |
[01:21] | Huh? No. | 没有 |
[01:23] | Oh, so you were just talking to Ferret Bueller? | 你在跟费雷·比约勒讲话吗 |
[01:25] | Does he answer back? | 他有回答你吗 |
[01:26] | Has Toby returned with my ammonium nitrate? | 托比拿我的硝酸铵回来了吗 |
[01:28] | He did. Happy took it from him. | 是的 乐乐已经接过来了 |
[01:30] | Okay. We should be ready. | 好的 那就准备好了 |
[01:33] | Hold that. | 拿着 |
[01:35] | Um, you do realize you were just talking to yourself, right? | 你知道你刚刚在自言自语吧 |
[01:38] | Must have been running some calculations. | 肯定是在做计算 |
[01:42] | Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go. | 走吧 行动 |
[01:49] | Where did this come from? | 这是哪来的 |
[01:50] | It’s my proprietary formula. | 是我的专用配方 |
[01:52] | Now, this non-melting snow project | 这个不融雪项目 |
[01:53] | could be a massive windfall. | 或许能带来一大笔财富 |
[01:55] | Imagine every ski resort using non-melting snow | 想象所有滑雪度假村都用不融雪 |
[01:58] | to cover their mountains every seven or eight years. | 覆盖他们的山峰长达七到八年不用换 |
[02:01] | The patent could be worth billions. | 这项专利或许能价值数十亿 |
[02:03] | This is snow density test A-1. | 现在是雪厚度测试A1 |
[02:05] | Now, on the count of three, give me a hard shove. | 数到三 使劲推我 |
[02:07] | Down a steep, icy ramp? | 推下一个结冰的陡坡吗 |
[02:08] | That would make me an accessory to homicide. | 那我就是杀人从犯了 |
[02:10] | And ferret-cide. | 还杀雪貂 |
[02:11] | Or an assistant to a groundbreaking discovery. | 或者是协助实现重大发明 |
[02:14] | Now think positive. | 想法积极点 |
[02:15] | Hey, gather up! | 都过来 |
[02:16] | We got an emergency! | 有紧急情况 |
[02:18] | And you… | 你… |
[02:19] | what the hell happened to my SUV? | 我的SUV是怎么了 |
[02:22] | It was Christmas. | 圣诞节嘛 |
[02:24] | The situation is at the Augustine Power Station on Mount Baldy, | 情况发生在秃头山奥古斯丁电站 |
[02:27] | and it’s about to go critical. | 而且马上要万分危急了 |
[02:29] | I’m gonna send you a password | 我给你们发一个密码 |
[02:30] | so you can access the surveillance photos of the… | 让你们接入监控查看照片… |
[02:32] | Don’t bother, I’m already in. | 不必 我已经进去了 |
[02:35] | Wow, big tree. | 好大的树 |
[02:36] | Yeah, that 50-foot pine uprooted | 嗯 那棵50英尺的松树 |
[02:38] | and crushed the power station wall | 连根拔起 打碎了电站墙壁 |
[02:40] | like it was made of sugar. | 好像电站是糖做的似的 |
[02:41] | Yeah, the root system on these pines can’t handle | 降雨对松树根系影响太大 |
[02:44] | that sort of precipitation; they just let go. | 他们支撑不住 就坍塌了 |
[02:46] | This rain is killing us. | 这雨得要命了 |
[02:47] | Augustine DWP has 58 repair crews, | 奥古斯丁深水港有58个维修队 |
[02:50] | all working 18-hour shifts, | 都在值18小时的班 |
[02:52] | and we can’t get anyone up to Augustine. | 抽不出人手去电站 |
[02:54] | If that transformer gets flooded and shorts, | 如果变压器被淹 短路 |
[02:56] | 100,000 people lose power on Christmas. | 将有10万人圣诞节断电 |
[02:59] | Why us? | 为什么找我们 |
[03:00] | We’re getting sporadic contact from the computer system, | 电脑系统的联络时断时续 |
[03:02] | so that needs rebooting or repair, | 所以电脑需要修复或重启 |
[03:05] | and we also need engineering for the roof. | 我们还需要人维修屋顶 |
[03:07] | All up your alley, right? | 这都是你们的强项吧 |
[03:08] | I guess word’s gotten around | 看来大家都听说 |
[03:10] | how good and professional we are. | 我们多厉害多专业了 |
[03:13] | Christmas Eve is triple time. | 平安夜要三倍工资 |
[03:16] | It’s a very important holiday to me. | 这个节日对我很重要 |
[03:18] | We’ll be happy to help. | 我们乐意帮忙 |
[03:19] | Walter, do you think… | 沃特 你… |
[03:20] | There might be a chance to show that… | 或许有机会证明… |
[03:22] | Walter? | 沃特 |
[03:25] | Walter! | 沃特 |
[03:26] | Yeah. Uh, sorry. | 嗯 抱歉 |
[03:27] | Uh, Mr. Woodbury, once we get there, | 伍德伯里先生 等我们赶到 |
[03:29] | we can easily run a system diagnostic. | 我们可以轻松进行系统诊断 |
[03:31] | Happy, check my engineering. | 乐乐 看看我的规划 |
[03:33] | Now, if we can float a large enough tarp over the structure, | 如果我们能在建筑上方罩一块足够大的防水布 |
[03:36] | we can give it a new roof | 我们就可以修建新屋顶 |
[03:37] | and improve the surrounding drainage | 并改进附近的排水 |
[03:39] | to prevent a mudslide from this hill. | 防止这座山发生泥石流 |
[03:41] | Why do you think that hill’s in danger? | 你为什么认为山有危险 |
[03:43] | Uh, surface area of the soil, volume, porosity. | 土表面积 土量 多孔性 |
[03:45] | Standard geomorphology. | 标准地形学推算 |
[03:46] | Okay, decent engineering, | 好吧 规划不错 |
[03:47] | but where do we get the big balloons? | 但大气球去哪找 |
[03:49] | Didn’t your father used to sell used cars at his garage? | 你父亲以前不是在汽修厂卖二手车吗 |
[03:51] | – Yeah. – Then we’re covered. | -是啊 -那就行了 |
[03:53] | Okay, we will be at the power station in an hour. | 好的 我们一小时就到电站 |
[03:56] | Now, we will need three cars to gather the equipment. | 我们需要三辆车收集设备 |
[03:58] | I’ll explain why on the way. | 我会在路上解释 |
[04:04] | Second time this morning I’ve heard him talking to himself. | 我今早第二次听见他自言自语了 |
[04:06] | Ever since Megan died. | 是梅根死后开始的 |
[04:08] | It’s getting worse. | 情况越来越糟了 |
[04:09] | I’ll ride with him. | 我跟他同车 |
[04:19] | You work with the world’s best mechanic. | 你跟世界上最棒的机械师是同事 |
[04:21] | You ever think to ask her to fix this jalopy? | 就没想过让她修修这破玩意吗 |
[04:25] | Something on your mind? | 你有心事吗 |
[04:26] | You’re moving your lips and nothing’s coming out. | 你在动嘴唇 但是不出声 |
[04:28] | I’m running ideas, numbers. | 我在考虑方案 计算数字 |
[04:30] | What’s the big deal? | 怎么了 |
[04:31] | It’s just a new development. | 就是以前没见过你这样 |
[04:33] | And an odd one. | 而且很奇怪 |
[04:38] | Can’t shut you up today. | 你今天真是”话唠”啊 |
[04:41] | Do you at least have something to dry off my leg? | 你至少有东西能给我擦腿的吗 |
[04:43] | Don’t open that. Please. | 别打开那个 拜托 |
[04:49] | – What’s so important about this? – Don’t shake it. | -这有什么重要的 -别摇 |
[04:50] | Don’t shake that, Toby! | 别摇 托比 |
[04:51] | Please, don’t, don’t. | 拜托 不要 |
[04:55] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[04:56] | I told you not to open it. | 我叫你别开了 |
[04:57] | But what you didn’t say | 但你没说 |
[04:58] | was that your sister was in there. | 那里面是你姐姐 |
[04:59] | Well, I haven’t had the opportunity to spread them. | 我还没来得及撒骨灰呢 |
[05:01] | So you’re keeping them in the glove compartment, | 那你就把骨灰放在杂物箱里吗 |
[05:03] | in a coffee can? | 还是装在咖啡罐里 |
[05:04] | The urn they gave me was black. | 他们给我的骨灰盒是黑的 |
[05:06] | Megan hated black. | 梅根讨厌黑色 |
[05:07] | It’s safe in there. | 放里面很安全 |
[05:09] | And that’s enough on this topic. | 这事我们不要再提了 |
[05:18] | Got a song in your heart? | 想着一首歌吗 |
[05:22] | I’m just thinking about Megan. | 我是在想梅根 |
[05:24] | And you smile about it? | 那你还笑 |
[05:25] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[05:28] | Even close to the end, | 就算是最后的那些日子 |
[05:29] | when there was music she wanted, we listened to it; | 她想听音乐 我们就听 |
[05:31] | a book, I’d read it to her. | 她想读书 我就给她读 |
[05:33] | We were together for a short time, | 我们虽然在一起的时间不长 |
[05:34] | but we didn’t waste any moments, so… | 但我们没有浪费任何时间 |
[05:38] | there’s nothing to regret. | 所以我没什么遗憾 |
[05:41] | Why? What are you thinking about? | 怎么了 你在想什么 |
[05:44] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[05:50] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[05:52] | Now we have a break in weather. | 天气总算放晴了 |
[05:53] | Okay, let’s set up balloons and tarp. | 我们赶紧把气球和防水布架起来 |
[05:55] | Helium tank goes over there. | 氦气瓶放那里 |
[05:57] | Now I’m gonna go inside and start a computer diagnostic. | 我进去开始进行电脑诊断 |
[06:00] | Happy, pick the lock. | 乐乐 撬锁 |
[06:01] | We’ll float the tarp | 我们一小时内 |
[06:02] | over the building in under an hour. | 就能把防水布罩在建筑物上 |
[06:04] | You’re not gonna believe | 你绝不会相信 |
[06:05] | what’s in his glove compartment. | 他杂物箱里有什么 |
[06:06] | Gloves? | 杂物吗 |
[06:07] | If it was gloves, do you think I’d be whispering? | 如果是 我还用得着小声说吗 |
[06:10] | He’s got a can of Chock Full ‘O Sister in there. | 他里面放了一罐姐姐 |
[06:12] | What? | 什么 |
[06:19] | Oh, boy. | 天呐 |
[06:22] | All right, let’s get a move on before there’s another downpour! | 好吧 我们赶紧行动 趁着还没下雨 |
[06:42] | All right, let’s connect it and turn on the valve. | 好了 把它连好 然后打开阀门 |
[06:44] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[06:46] | *Grandma got run over by a reindeer.* | *奶奶被一只驯鹿撞倒了* |
[06:55] | *Coming back from our house Christmas Eve* | *平安夜又回到了我们家* |
[06:59] | *People say there’s no such thing as Santa…* | *人说这世上根本没有圣诞老人* |
[07:10] | *But as for me and Grandpa we believe!* | *但我和爷爷却相信他的存在* |
[07:14] | Okay, so… | 好了 |
[07:16] | once this balloon is inflated, we can lift everything up, | 等气球吹起来 就可以把东西都抬起来 |
[07:20] | and the tarp will cover the building. | 防水布就能罩住建筑物了 |
[07:22] | – All set. – Ready to roll. – Sure thing. | -好嘞 -可以了 -好的 |
[07:23] | Okay, so the computer system is back to full operation. | 电脑系统已经完全恢复了 |
[07:25] | Now, one electric transformer suffered water damage | 一个变压器因为屋顶破裂 |
[07:29] | from the roof rupture, but I shut it down, | 而被水浸渍 但我已把它关闭了 |
[07:31] | and the backup is compensating. | 而备用变压器在进行补偿了 |
[07:35] | It’s the unexpurgated buildup of stress and grieving. | 是压力和悲伤的累积 |
[07:37] | His internal monologue has gone external. | 他的内心独白被说了出来 |
[07:39] | What’s going to get him out of this? | 怎么让他恢复过来啊 |
[07:42] | Well, if it was 1940, shock therapy. | 如果是在1940年 就是电击疗法 |
[07:44] | Past that, until he’s willing to deal with Megan’s death, | 除了这个 除非他肯面对梅根的死亡 |
[07:46] | there will be no progress. | 不会有任何进展的 |
[07:48] | He has to want it. | 他必须得想去面对 |
[07:53] | We’re back online. | 系统恢复了 |
[07:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:58] | Um, can I get a minute? | 能跟你说句话吗 |
[08:00] | I think that this construction | 我觉得这东西 |
[08:01] | should protect the building nicely. | 能很好地保护建筑物 |
[08:04] | Yeah, it’s pretty traditional. | 嗯 很传统的 |
[08:05] | I-I want to ask you something else. | 我想问你点别的事 |
[08:09] | Earthquake? | 地震吗 |
[08:10] | No, that was a pressure crack | 不是 那是至少 |
[08:12] | from concrete at least 15 feet thick. | 四米多厚的混凝土受压碎裂 |
[08:16] | I know my concrete. | 我了解混凝土嘛 |
[08:18] | Isn’t there a dam about a mile away from here? | 一英里外不是有个大坝吗 |
[08:26] | There. Mudslide. | 那里 泥石流 |
[08:27] | It must have poured millions of gallons into that reservoir. | 降雨一定往水库里注入了数百万加仑的水 |
[08:30] | It’s well over the capacity line, | 远远超过了承受能力 |
[08:31] | and there’s a crack in the dam face. | 而大坝表面还裂了缝 |
[08:32] | Is the dam gonna fail? | 大坝会崩溃吗 |
[08:34] | Is anyone else thinking about the little town down in the valley? | 还有人在考虑峡谷下面的小镇吗 |
[08:36] | It’s more like a small city. | 我看是小城市差不多 |
[08:37] | Augustine has close to 100,000 people. | 奥古斯丁有近10万人口 |
[08:40] | We need to get into that dam’s control room now. | 我们得马上进入大坝控制室 |
[08:43] | Wait, why is no one here? | 等等 这里怎么没人 |
[08:44] | Most dams aren’t manned full-time, | 大部分大坝不是时刻有人守的 |
[08:46] | and most definitely not on Christmas Eve. | 更不用说平安夜了 |
[08:50] | Okay! We’re in! | 好了 我们进去了 |
[08:59] | The reservoir is at 110% capacity. | 水库已经超量10%了 |
[09:01] | This facility is run by Augustine DWP. | 这里是归奥古斯丁深水港管 |
[09:03] | We need to call our contact right now. | 得赶紧打给相关联系人 |
[09:05] | Just got off with him. | 我刚跟他通完电话 |
[09:06] | Flash floods took out the only two roads leading in and out of the valley. | 洪水已经淹没这座峡谷与外界的唯一两条通道 |
[09:09] | He can’t get his crew up here, | 他的人进不来 |
[09:10] | and a chopper couldn’t make it up in the fog. | 雾太大 直升机也飞不过来 |
[09:11] | The town needs to evacuate. | 所有镇民必须撤离 |
[09:12] | We need to get word to the police | 得通知警方 |
[09:14] | and the fire department. | 还有消防局 |
[09:15] | They know. | 他们已经知道了 |
[09:15] | They’re holding back the information | 但是他们没有公开消息 |
[09:16] | till they figure out a way | 因为没有道路 |
[09:17] | to evaculate 100,000 people with no roads. | 他们不知道该怎么让十万人撤离 |
[09:19] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 开什么国际玩笑 |
[09:20] | Realistically, there’s no leaving the valley for 24 hours. | 现实情况就是 24小时内没人能离开这个峡谷 |
[09:26] | Come on, come on. | 快走 |
[09:30] | I haven’t seen a crack that terrifying | 我上次见到这么可怕的裂痕 |
[09:31] | since my proctology rotation. | 还是在我的直肠手术上 |
[09:32] | Based on some quick calculations for water volume | 根据水量和建筑设计的不足 |
[09:35] | and the structural deficiencies, | 简单计算一下 |
[09:36] | I’d say we have 68 minutes until the dam collapses. | 在大坝崩溃之前大概还有68分钟 |
[09:40] | Down there cooking hams and trimming trees, | 镇民还在下面做饭 修剪树木 |
[09:42] | they have no idea how much danger they’re in. | 根本不知道现在的情况有多危险 |
[10:00] | Okay, so we have two problems: the immediate and the eventual. | 所以有两个问题 紧急问题和最终问题 |
[10:04] | Immediate– there’s a current crack in the dam. | 紧急问题 大坝出现了裂痕 |
[10:05] | We fix it, we buy time to address the eventual. | 搞定这个 就有时间解决最终问题 |
[10:08] | The overflow. | 洪水暴发 |
[10:09] | Which, given the tremendous weight from | 考虑到增加的水量造成的重压 |
[10:10] | the extra water volume, will cause another crack | 很可能会导致大坝出现另一个裂纹 |
[10:12] | or topple the dam outright. | 甚至直接直接崩塌 |
[10:13] | Killing 100,000 people. | 直接杀死十万人 |
[10:14] | I think it’s insane not to start an evacuation. | 不疏散人群简直是疯子的做法 |
[10:16] | Not without viable roads. | 可我们没有路可以通行 |
[10:17] | There’ll be panic, car wrecks, | 肯定会造成恐慌 交通事故 |
[10:18] | and then when we’re successful, | 等我们成功了 |
[10:20] | we’ll know that that is statistically unnecessary death. | 就会知道那些都是无谓的牺牲 |
[10:22] | Can you guarantee we’ll be successful? | 你能保证我们会成功吗 |
[10:23] | I can guarantee that we’re the only shot those people have. | 我可以保证我们是这些人唯一的希望 |
[10:26] | Damn it to hell. | 去他爸[坝]的 |
[10:27] | Dam puns at a time like this? | 这种时候还要玩双关吗 |
[10:28] | Not intentional. | 不是故意的 |
[10:37] | Walter, not a good time for that. | 沃特 现在的时机不合适 |
[10:39] | Mimicking nature might be a possibility. | 也许可以模仿自然规律 |
[10:40] | So, Toby, if there is a rupture | 托比 如果身体出现裂痕 |
[10:42] | in the body, a cut, how would the body respond? | 比如伤口 身体会怎样反应 |
[10:44] | With clotting. | 会凝血 |
[10:45] | How do you clot water? | 该怎么让水凝固 |
[10:46] | By freezing it. | 冻起来 |
[10:47] | The whole reservoir? | 把整个水库冻起来吗 |
[10:48] | We’re in the Southwest, not the South Pole. | 这里是西南部 不是南极 |
[10:50] | No, an isolated, endothermic reaction. | 不 靠局部吸热反应 |
[10:53] | Now we freeze just | 我们只要将 |
[10:54] | the water directly behind the crack, | 裂痕后面的水冻结起来 |
[10:56] | so it will stop pouring for long enough | 这样它就不会对大坝产生压力 |
[10:58] | for us to repair the wall with a quick-drying concrete. | 给我们时间用速干混凝土修复大坝墙 |
[11:01] | Concrete I can handle. | 我可以处理混凝土 |
[11:02] | There’s got to be a bag up here for small repairs. | 这里应该有小型修复用的材料包 |
[11:04] | When I worked for my grandfather’s masonry company | 我高中时在我外公的砖瓦公司工作时 |
[11:06] | in high school, he used to add chalk to it | 为了让混凝土凝固更快 |
[11:08] | so the concrete would dry quicker. | 他会放粉笔进去 |
[11:09] | Calcium carbonate. | 碳酸钙 |
[11:10] | Smart man. | 聪明 |
[11:11] | So we have that covered, | 所以这个问题解决了 |
[11:12] | but freezing a section of water in the reservoir? | 但是把蓄水池一部分水冻起来 |
[11:14] | The ammonium nitrate for the non-melting snow. | 制造不融雪用的硝酸铵 |
[11:16] | I never took the last bag out of Cabe’s SUV. | 凯布车里的最后一袋我没拿出来 |
[11:18] | Okay, so we have enough for one block of ice just one time, | 所以我们有材料能冻出一块冰 |
[11:21] | which will melt quickly. | 但是很快会融化 |
[11:22] | Okay, we’ll get it right the first time, then. | 那就一次成功 |
[11:23] | Let’s move. | 行动吧 |
[11:24] | Hey, hey, a quick question. | 我想问一下 |
[11:25] | How do we get the concrete | 我们该怎么把混凝土 |
[11:26] | through the crack in the dam face? | 通过裂痕送到坝面上 |
[11:28] | There is a winch and a harness | 在大坝的走廊上 |
[11:29] | on the dam’s walkway for repairs, | 有修复用的绞车和吊绳 |
[11:30] | but someone will need to rappel down. | 但是得有人吊着绳索下去 |
[11:32] | Down a 200-foot face? | 下到60多米的坝面上吗 |
[11:34] | Here’s the thing. | 问题就在这里 |
[11:35] | I have sciatica. | 我坐骨神经痛 |
[11:36] | 100,000 people are gonna die if we don’t take care of it. | 如果我们不解决这个问题 十万人就会死 |
[11:42] | I got this. | 我来处理 |
[11:43] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[11:45] | Okay, the concrete and chalk mix is ready. | 混凝土和粉笔混合物已经准备好 |
[11:48] | About to load the sprayer. | 马上装进喷雾器 |
[11:50] | Okay, 40 feet down inside the crack, | 裂痕下方十二米 |
[11:53] | approximately half a liter of mixture, give or take. | 大约半升液体 差不多吧 |
[11:56] | Anything in that skull worth discussing with actual people? | 你的脑袋里有需要跟人讨论的东西吗 |
[11:58] | I’m filling this section of pipe | 这部分管道 |
[12:00] | with ammonium nitrate solution. | 我用硝酸铵填起来 |
[12:03] | We’ll feed it down on the water side of the dam to the crack. | 会直接灌入大坝裂痕靠水的那一侧 |
[12:06] | Once it’s released, it will freeze a block of ice | 只要释放开 就能在坝墙上 |
[12:10] | inside the dam wall, | 冻出一块冰 |
[12:12] | approximately 100 square feet, | 大约9.2平方米 |
[12:13] | and it will melt in about 90 seconds. | 大概90秒后就会融化 |
[12:16] | I got 90 seconds to fill that whole rupture? | 要我90秒之内把那么大的缝封上吗 |
[12:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:21] | All right, let’s move. | 动手吧 |
[12:22] | I don’t think | 我觉得 |
[12:23] | muttering calculations makes me less efficient. | 我这样嘀咕着计算 不会影响我的效率 |
[12:25] | It’s the symptomatology that’s concerning. | 你这是病 得治 |
[12:27] | It’s not making me less efficient, so please keep | 这对我的效率没有任何影响 |
[12:29] | your dime-store psychoanalysis to yourself, | 所以你这些两毛钱的分析就说给自己听吧 |
[12:31] | so that I can focus on saving the dam. | 这样我才能集中精力拯救这座大坝 |
[12:33] | With the number of degrees I have, | 我有这么多学位 |
[12:34] | it’s more dollar-store psychoanalysis. | 我的分析最起码值两块钱 |
[12:36] | Just FYI. | 顺便一提 |
[12:37] | Can we please focus?! | 专心干活好吗 |
[12:40] | Okay, down you go. | 下去吧 |
[12:58] | Yeah! | 好了 |
[13:04] | Yeah, I can see it! | 我能看到了 |
[13:07] | Once it’s at its proper depth, | 到了合适的深度 |
[13:09] | pull the string, | 就拉线 |
[13:11] | solution releases, | 释放溶液 |
[13:12] | and we start the clock. | 然后就开始计时 |
[13:15] | Still got a ways to go. | 还要继续往下 |
[13:32] | Ten more feet! | 再放三米 |
[13:44] | It’s good. | 行了 |
[13:44] | I’m gonna go check the monitors in the control room. | 我去看看控制室的监控 |
[13:47] | Okay, Walt, Cabe’s in place! | 沃特 凯布就位了 |
[13:50] | Now! | 就现在 |
[14:00] | It’s working! | 起作用了 |
[14:02] | 90 seconds. | 90秒 |
[14:06] | All right, good! | 很好 |
[14:17] | 110%容量 正常容量 | |
[14:18] | Okay, I’m not seeing any further structural breaches. | 我没看到进一步出现结构裂缝 |
[14:21] | So far, so good. | 到现在为止不错 |
[14:23] | 58 seconds. | 还剩58秒 |
[14:31] | Working like a charm! | 进度非常顺利 |
[14:33] | Okay, good. Now hurry, | 好的 现在快点 |
[14:35] | ’cause if the ice melts before you’re done, | 因为如果你完成之前冰块溶解了 |
[14:37] | the water will gush back out | 水就会喷涌而出 |
[14:39] | and knock you out of your harness. | 把你冲下去 |
[14:44] | I need more slack! | 我需要线再放松点 |
[14:46] | I got to swing over and fill this last spot! | 我得荡过去填满最后一道缝 |
[14:54] | 40 seconds. | 还有四十秒 |
[14:57] | Is it necessary for him to be swinging around down there? | 他有必要在下面荡来荡去吗 |
[14:59] | He leaves even part of the crack unsealed, | 就算他只有一小处地方没有封好 |
[15:02] | when the ice melts, the water pressure | 冰块溶解后 水压就会 |
[15:03] | will rip out all the repair work. | 冲毁所有的修复工作 |
[15:05] | And back to square one with no more ammonium nitrate. | 我们就回到了原点 还没有硝酸铵了 |
[15:07] | Happy, give him slack! We only have one shot at this! | 乐乐 再放松些 我们只有一次机会 |
[15:14] | 20 seconds. | 还有20秒 |
[15:15] | Come on, guys. | 加油 伙计们 |
[15:17] | I’ve already done the calculations. | 我已经做过计算了 |
[15:18] | There’s an 88% chance | 有88%的可能性 |
[15:20] | that this winch won’t sustain his centrifugal force! | 这根绞绳支撑不住他的离心力 |
[15:32] | Got it! | 搞定 |
[15:33] | His rope jumped the wheel! | 他的绳子从滑轮上脱落了 |
[15:35] | We got to haul him in by hand! | 我们得用手拉住他 |
[15:36] | No, no, it’s too far apart! Can’t reach it! | 不行 太远了 拿不到 |
[15:43] | All right! | 好吧 |
[15:46] | I’ll walk my way back up! | 我自己爬上来吧 |
[15:49] | No, do not pull on it! | 不 别拉了 |
[15:51] | It’s about to fray! | 马上就要裂开了 |
[15:52] | Okay, it’s gonna snap in seconds! | 马上就要断开了 |
[15:53] | Cabe, Cabe, Cabe, spray a staircase with concrete! | 凯布 凯布 用混凝土做几个台阶 |
[15:56] | What the hell’s he talking about?! | 他在说什么 |
[15:58] | The sprayer! Do it now! | 用喷头 快点 |
[16:32] | I’ll be up in a minute! | 我一会儿就上来 |
[16:42] | I’m seeing a flashing sign | 我看到警示标志在闪烁 |
[16:44] | that says “Dam failure.” | 上面写着”溃坝” |
[16:45] | I’m assuming that’s bad. | 我猜这不是好事吧 |
[16:49] | Toby? | 托比 |
[16:52] | What are we looking at? | 我们在看什么 |
[16:54] | A problem in the form of a clog. | 说明出现堵塞的问题 |
[16:55] | Debris from the mudslide’s blocking the output pipe. | 泥石流冲下的残渣堵住了出水管 |
[16:58] | So the reservoir’s not draining. | 所以水库无法排水 |
[16:59] | And if it doesn’t drain, the water builds up, | 如果无法排水 水位越来越高 |
[17:01] | the pressure builds up– bye-bye dam. | 压力越来越高 水库就完了 |
[17:03] | Capacity’s at 110%. | 到达110%的容量 |
[17:05] | Concrete gravity dams don’t survive | 混凝土重力坝过半小时 |
[17:07] | over capacity for more than half an hour, | 就支撑不住这个容量了 |
[17:09] | unless their water level can be brought down substantially. | 除非水位能够将至基本水平 |
[17:11] | Is that even possible? | 有可能吗 |
[17:12] | Not with the output pipe blocked. | 出水管赌住就不可能 |
[17:14] | At least we got a doctor in the house. | 至少这里还有一名医生 |
[17:15] | Who’s got two thumbs and rocked his G.I. Rotation? | 谁有两只大拇指 做过直肠手术 |
[17:18] | This guy! | 就是我 |
[17:19] | What are you babbling about? | 你在嘟囔什么 |
[17:20] | This place needs a dam colonoscopy. D-A-M. | 这地方需要一个大坝的[他爸的]结肠镜检查 大坝 |
[17:23] | I’m talking about the dam. I’ll explain. | 我说的是水坝 我会解释的 |
[17:31] | Picture a colonoscope with spinning blades on the end. | 想象一跟末端有旋转叶片的结肠镜 |
[17:34] | I’d rather not. | 还是算了吧 |
[17:35] | No, Toby’s right. | 不 托比是对的 |
[17:35] | We need to clear this like a plumber clears a sink drain! | 我们要像水管工人清理水槽一样清理干净这里 |
[17:38] | Problem is these pipes | 问题是这些管道 |
[17:39] | are roughly 73 times the diameter, like… | 直径大概为原来的73倍 就像… |
[17:42] | the length of my wingspan. | 我翼展的跨度 |
[17:43] | Oh, that’s some rooter. | 这比喻真形象 |
[17:44] | Think this place keeps gear like that on hand? | 你们觉得这种地方会有这种传动装置吗 |
[17:47] | Uh, nope, but we can build one with an outboard motor. | 不 但我们能用舷外马达做一个 |
[17:51] | I saw one on a skiff up top on a walkway. | 我在过道上的一艘小船里看到过 |
[17:53] | 20 horsepower. | 马力20 |
[17:54] | Uh, that will do. | 够用了 |
[17:55] | And with 60 feet of cabling and the car battery from your SUV, | 再用18米长的电缆和你车上的车载电池 |
[17:58] | we should be good to go. | 我们应该没问题 |
[18:00] | Uh, Walt, toss me the camera. | 沃特 把照相机给我 |
[18:02] | Y-Yeah, sure. | 没问题 |
[18:05] | Okay, the only access to the pipe is in this room. | 只有这间屋子能进入那个管道 |
[18:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:10] | And the door’s locked. | 门锁上了 |
[18:11] | Everything’s electronic. | 所有东西都是电子控制的 |
[18:12] | 256-bit AES encryption. | 256位AES加密 |
[18:14] | Okay, so, Paige, keep an eye | 好的 佩吉 盯牢 |
[18:16] | on the structural integrity monitors. | 结构完整性监控 |
[18:17] | If anything turns red, you let me know quick. | 任何地方亮红灯就马上通知我 |
[18:19] | If anything turns red, we’re all underwater. | 只要亮红灯 我们就已经在水下了 |
[18:21] | You three get the gear. | 你们三个去拿装备 |
[18:22] | Sylvester and I will hack open the doors. | 希尔维斯特和我把门打开 |
[18:39] | Clever. | 真聪明 |
[18:40] | Cabe, how’s it looking? | 凯布 看起来如何 |
[18:42] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[18:44] | Hey, Doc? | 医生 |
[18:46] | You better be taking better care of my car. | 你给我好好对待我的车 |
[18:52] | I’m sorry, Cabe. | 抱歉 凯布 |
[18:53] | You’re breaking up. | 你的声音听不清 |
[18:55] | Walt, Sly, you open that door yet? | 沃特 希尔 你们把门打开了吗 |
[18:56] | Seconds away. | 再过几秒 |
[18:57] | Actually, done. | 实际上 开了 |
[19:06] | I’ll attach the propeller | 我会把螺旋桨装在 |
[19:07] | to the end of the conduit cable. | 管道电缆的尾端 |
[19:11] | Toby, use the jumper cables to hook up the power source. | 托比 用跨接电缆接上电源 |
[19:16] | Got a file? | 有锉刀吗 |
[19:23] | This thing has to chew through trees, | 这玩意得绞过树干 |
[19:25] | branches and everything that’s clogging that pipe, | 枝杈 以及所有堵着管道的东西 |
[19:27] | so make those teeth sharp. | 所以把齿做锋利点 |
[19:30] | How’s that? | 怎样 |
[19:32] | Show-off. | 臭显摆 |
[19:35] | Camera attached. | 摄像机装上去了 |
[19:36] | Okay, this will help us steer turns in the pipe | 好了 这东西能帮我们在管道里转弯 |
[19:38] | and see where the blockage is. | 找到堵塞点 |
[19:41] | Okay. | 好了 |
[19:43] | Okay, Sly? | 好了 希尔 |
[19:44] | You clocking this? | 你那边同步显示吗 |
[19:46] | Crystal clear. | 非常清楚 |
[19:47] | Okay, off Sylvester’s calculations, | 好了 根据希尔维斯特的计算 |
[19:49] | we have 26 minutes until dam failure. | 再过26分钟大坝就要坍塌了 |
[19:51] | You need to get that rig in the water now. | 你得马上把那玩意放进水里 |
[19:53] | Let the procedure begin! | 开工吧 |
[20:05] | Okay, there’s a fork in the pipe coming up. Steer right. | 好了 管道前方有个分叉口 往右走 |
[20:08] | Once we clear this blockage, | 一旦我们清理了堵塞物 |
[20:10] | this water’s gonna turn into a raging river. | 这水流会变得非常湍急 |
[20:12] | So we got to get ready to clear out quick! | 所以我们得做好马上出来的准备 |
[20:15] | Oh, you’re about to hit the clog. | 你们马上就要绞上堵塞物了 |
[20:18] | Doc, let ‘er rip! | 医生 开绞吧 |
[20:25] | So far, so good. | 目前为止情况不错 |
[20:29] | Water’s already speeding up! | 水流已经在加速了 |
[20:32] | And the reservoir is going down. | 蓄水量也在下降 |
[20:33] | It’s reducing stress on the dam. | 减少了大坝承受的压力 |
[20:36] | Whoa, Nelly! | 我勒个去 |
[20:38] | We are stuck! | 我们卡住了 |
[20:43] | Okay. Clarifying the image. | 好了 把图像变清晰一些 |
[20:46] | Oh, no. Pinus muricata. | 不要啊 刺毯松 |
[20:49] | What-what is that, a fancy word for pine tree? | 那是啥 松树的高级名字吗 |
[20:51] | Uh, this puppy can handle pine! | 这小东西能搞定松树的 |
[20:53] | Toby, hit the throttle! | 托比 狠狠地绞 |
[20:59] | Ah, what did I tell ya? | 我说对了吧 |
[21:01] | Let go and get out! Quick! | 放手 上来 快 |
[21:10] | Happy just got pulled in! | 乐乐被拖进去了 |
[21:11] | Happy! | 乐乐 |
[21:12] | Where the hell does this thing go?! | 这东西会流向哪里 |
[21:14] | I’m going after her! | 我得去救她 |
[21:15] | Toby, that goes straight to the turbine. | 托比 那玩意直接朝涡轮去了 |
[21:16] | You’ll both be sucked in and cut to pieces. | 你俩会一起被卡住然后绞成碎片的 |
[21:18] | Okay, we only have one shot to save her. | 好了 我们只有一次机会能救她 |
[21:19] | The pipe she’s in curves here. | 她所在的那根管道在这里转弯 |
[21:21] | We can beat her to the drain and catch her! | 我们可以先她一步到排水渠然后拦住她 |
[21:22] | You’re smarter than that! | 你不傻 |
[21:23] | Trust Walter! | 相信沃特 |
[21:24] | He has been talking to himself all day. | 他一整天都在自言自语 |
[21:26] | Would you? | 你信他吗 |
[21:27] | Toby, it’s her only shot! | 托比 那是她唯一的机会 |
[21:29] | Based on her size and lung capacity, | 基于她的体型和肺活量 |
[21:31] | she only has 64 seconds. | 她只有64秒钟 |
[21:33] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[21:36] | We can make it and save her in 55. | 我们可以成功的 在第55秒就救起她 |
[21:38] | Here, grab those two sandbags and follow me! | 这里 抓上那俩沙包然后跟我来 |
[21:40] | Okay! | 来了 |
[21:42] | 29 seconds until she drowns. | 再过29秒她就要淹死了 |
[21:44] | Okay, we have to wait till the rig goes through the drain. | 好了 我们得等那设备过了排水渠 |
[21:47] | Otherwise, we risk it cutting through the catch | 不然的话 它有可能弄破网子 |
[21:50] | and then Happy slipping straight through. | 然后乐乐可能直接就穿网而去了 |
[21:51] | Now, if she gets pulled down that whirlpool, | 假如她被拉进漩涡 |
[21:53] | oh, it’s straight to the turbines. | 那就直直地冲着涡轮去了 |
[21:54] | That’s a tight window; we’re talking seconds. | 时间很紧 就几秒的事 |
[21:56] | – Ready? – Yeah. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[21:57] | Hold on, hold on. | 稳住 稳住 |
[21:59] | There’s the motor. | 发动机过来了 |
[22:01] | Wait for it. | 等着 |
[22:02] | It’s being sucked into the whirlpool. | 它被吸进漩涡了 |
[22:05] | Here she comes. Now! | 她来了 扔 |
[22:07] | Okay. | 好了 |
[22:08] | Happy! | 乐乐 |
[22:11] | Happy, we got you! | 乐乐 我们抓住你了 |
[22:14] | My foot’s still attached to the motor! | 我的脚还被钩在发动机上 |
[22:19] | Help! It’s pulling me down! | 救命 它在把我往下拖 |
[22:20] | Come on! | 加油 |
[22:20] | Yeah! I think… | 好了 我觉得… |
[22:23] | I got you. Come on! | 我抓住你了 加油 |
[22:25] | I can’t get out! It’s pulling my leg. | 我上不去 它拉着我的腿 |
[22:33] | Oh, it’s too strong! | 它太大力了 |
[22:35] | Happy! Cabe, get her other arm! | 乐乐 凯布 抓住她另一只胳膊 |
[22:38] | All right, on three! | 好了 数到三 |
[22:39] | One, two, three! | 一 二 三 |
[22:49] | Come on, look at me. | 看着我 |
[22:54] | Look at me, look at me. | 看着我 看着我 |
[22:57] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[23:01] | I’m not really big on involuntary swimming, | 我真的不是很喜欢非自愿的游泳 |
[23:04] | but I’m fine. | 但我还好 |
[23:09] | Guys? | 伙计们 |
[23:10] | The turbines are not fine. | 涡轮可不好了 |
[23:14] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 |
[23:15] | Uh… two of the three turbines broke | 那机器撞过去后 |
[23:18] | when the rig went through. | 三个涡轮里坏了两个 |
[23:19] | There’s only one left working. | 只有一个还在运转 |
[23:20] | Uh, one turbine doesn’t have enough power | 一个涡轮的马力 |
[23:22] | to drain the reservoir in time. | 来不及抽干水库 |
[23:24] | We have 24 minutes until dam failure. | 离大坝坍塌还有二十四分钟 |
[23:26] | Don’t even say failure. | 不要说那个词 |
[23:28] | The people in that town don’t know what’s happening up here. | 镇子里的人根本不知道上面这的事 |
[23:30] | Dam doesn’t care, Paige. | 大坝才不管这个 佩吉 |
[23:31] | Earlier, while you were building the rooter, | 你早些时候在建根程序的时候 |
[23:33] | I went on the city’s home page. | 我上了城市的网站主页 |
[23:34] | This is from yesterday. | 这是昨天的消息 |
[23:36] | Footage of the Christmas parade | 镇子广场上 |
[23:37] | in their town square. | 圣诞游行的画面 |
[23:38] | Have you been a good girl this year? | 你在过去的一年里听话吗 |
[23:40] | Yes. | 听话 |
[23:42] | This is what’s at stake. | 是他们处于危险之中 |
[23:43] | Not population statistics– people. | 不是人口数量 而是这些人 |
[23:45] | Individuals, little girls, parents, grandparents. | 每个人 小女孩 爸爸妈妈 爷爷奶奶 |
[23:48] | It is Christmas, guys. | 到圣诞节了 伙计们 |
[23:50] | We cannot let this happen. | 我们不能让灾难发生 |
[23:53] | Any bright ideas, Walt? | 有什么好主意吗 沃特 |
[24:01] | Hey, Walt, you missed a rousing speech | 沃特 你一个人嘟嘟囔囔的时候 |
[24:03] | while you were mumbling to yourself. | 错过了一场振奋人心的演讲 |
[24:04] | And the gist of it? | 主旨是什么 |
[24:05] | Lots of people need Walter O’Brien on his “A” game. | 人们需要沃特·奥布莱恩拿出他最好的状态 |
[24:08] | So I’m not letting you talk to yourself anymore. | 所以我不会再让你自言自语了 |
[24:10] | You’re gonna fight your nature. Talk to me. | 你要跟自己的天性作斗争 跟我讲 |
[24:14] | You have no idea how right you are. | 你不知道你说得有多正确 |
[24:16] | This I have often been told. | 经常有人这么告诉我 |
[24:17] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[24:18] | The river needs to fight its nature. | 河流需要跟它自己的天性斗争 |
[24:20] | River? What? No, no. | 河流 什么 不 不 |
[24:21] | That’s not what I meant. What are you talking about? | 我不是这个意思 你在说什么 |
[24:23] | The only way to save the dam and the people in town | 解除大坝危机 拯救镇民的唯一办法 |
[24:24] | is to make the river that feeds the dam flow in reverse. | 是让汇入大坝的河水倒流回去 |
[24:35] | Doesn’t sound crazy at all. | 听起来真是一点都不疯狂 |
[24:41] | Okay, explain to me how you make a river flow backwards. | 好吧 跟我具体说说怎么让一条河倒流 |
[24:44] | Two miles upriver, the Kesselman Reservoir | 上游三千多米处的凯塞尔曼水库 |
[24:45] | is stable at 48%. | 储水量只有48% 很稳定 |
[24:49] | Now, if we can force 52% | 现在 如果能让我们水库里52%的水 |
[24:51] | of our reservoir’s water back up into it… | 倒流回去那个水库 |
[24:53] | We’ll decrease pressure on this dam just enough | 就能减少大坝的压力 |
[24:56] | so that failure is no longer a threat. | 足够让它不会出事 |
[24:58] | You know, Doc always says you have a god complex, | 医生总说你有上帝情结 |
[25:00] | and I’m starting to think he’s right. | 我开始觉得他是对的 |
[25:01] | You’re not Moses. | 你不是摩西 |
[25:03] | How you gonna part this water? | 你要怎么让水分流 |
[25:04] | We fight nature. | 用海啸炸弹 |
[25:06] | With a tsunami bomb. | 对抗自然 |
[25:08] | A bomb at a dam that’s about to give? | 在一个快出事的大坝上用炸弹 |
[25:10] | During World War Two, | 二战期间 |
[25:11] | the U.S. developed these bombs in secret– | 美国秘密研制了一种炸弹 |
[25:13] | tectonic weapons to create monster waves | 是一种能制造大波动的地壳武器 |
[25:16] | to wipe out enemy cities. | 可以摧毁敌人的城市 |
[25:18] | Won’t the bomb blow out the dam? | 这种炸弹不会炸毁大坝吗 |
[25:20] | Here. | 你来 |
[25:21] | Okay, so… | 好吧 |
[25:23] | the dam ends here. | 大坝一直建到这里 |
[25:25] | Bedrock starts down here at a depth of 128 feet. | 这里的地下三十米左右开始是基岩 |
[25:28] | We drop the bomb here, | 我们把炸弹扔到这里 |
[25:31] | using the bedrock | 利用基岩 |
[25:33] | to direct 100% of the blast force upriver. | 把震波全波引到上游 |
[25:36] | Dam safe. | 大坝就安全了 |
[25:37] | This is nuttier than | 这听起来 |
[25:38] | George Washington Carver’s lunch box. | 比乔治·华盛顿·卡弗的饭盒还疯狂 |
[25:40] | Okay, we got to move theory into practice. | 好了 我们得在把理论运用到实践中去 |
[25:42] | Just under 19 minutes to save the Whos down in Whoville. | 我们能救无名镇镇民的时间不到十九分钟了 |
[25:45] | Don’t forget about us. | 别忘了我们 |
[25:46] | If that dam goes, so do we. | 如果大坝出事了 我们也完了 |
[25:55] | Speaking of which… | 你还真是乌鸦嘴 |
[25:57] | Okay, one thing, Walt. | 好了 就一件事 沃特 |
[25:58] | We cannot reverse the river without stopping it first. | 不停止水流我们不可能让它倒流 |
[26:00] | That’s right, but I have a plan for how. | 没错 但我有办法 |
[26:02] | Reversing the turbine. | 倒转涡轮 |
[26:03] | That stops it from draining water out. | 这样就能阻止抽水 |
[26:05] | You-you said that was a bad thing. | 你说过那就糟了 |
[26:06] | Reversing it momentarily would take pressure off the dam wall | 暂时倒转可以减轻大坝墙体的压力 |
[26:09] | and make it easier for us to create a tsunami. | 我们制造海啸也更容易 |
[26:11] | But we have to move fast. | 但我们得抓紧了 |
[26:12] | Now, the road to the substation that we repaired is still open. | 现在还有同路前往我们刚修好的变电站 |
[26:16] | Paige and I will head back there | 佩吉和我回去那边 |
[26:17] | to send maximum power back to the dam. | 向大坝输送最大功率的电力 |
[26:20] | In the meantime, you two seal the cracks in the wall | 同时 你们俩用混凝土 |
[26:21] | with concrete, | 糊好墙上的缝隙 |
[26:22] | ’cause if water kills the computers, | 要是水让电脑无法工作 |
[26:24] | this plan falls apart and we lose the dam. | 这个计划就废了 大坝也就完了 |
[26:27] | Happy and Toby will build the bomb. | 乐乐和托比负责建好炸弹 |
[26:29] | As far as the explosive substance, | 至于爆炸物 |
[26:31] | she should be able to find rubidium | 在大坝的热发电机里 |
[26:33] | in the dam’s thermoelectric generator. | 应该能找到铷 |
[26:35] | Rubidium explodes on contact with water, | 铷遇水爆炸 |
[26:37] | so we’ll need to keep it dry as it sinks to the bedrock. | 所以它下沉到基岩的时候要保持干燥 |
[26:40] | The casing needs to dissolve, so I’m thinking rock salt. | 外壳要能溶解 我想岩盐应该不错 |
[26:44] | So, in summary, we stop the river, | 所以总的来说 我们停止水流 |
[26:46] | drop the bomb, reverse the river, save the town. | 扔下炸弹 让河水倒流 拯救镇子 |
[26:49] | Easy. | 简单 |
[26:51] | See? | 瞧见了吗 |
[26:51] | Those are the kind of thoughts you should only say to yourself. | 这种想法你就应该只说给自己听 |
[26:54] | Walter, look at all those Christmas lights. | 沃特 看看这些圣诞彩灯 |
[26:56] | Can we really revert enough power back to the dam | 我们真的能给大坝恢复足够的电力 |
[26:58] | to save all these people? | 拯救所有的人吗 |
[27:02] | No. Those Christmas lights are gonna kill all those people. | 不 这些圣诞彩灯会杀了这些人 |
[27:04] | – What? – You need to get Ralph on the phone right now. | -什么 -你得马上让拉尔夫听电话 |
[27:06] | Get him on the phone. | 让他接电话 |
[27:07] | We’re running out of concrete! | 混凝土快不够了 |
[27:09] | Happy, how’s that bomb coming?! | 乐乐 炸弹做得怎么样了 |
[27:11] | Uh, slow and steady. | 缓慢而稳定地进行中 |
[27:12] | You do not rush rubidium, | 周围有这么多水的时候 |
[27:13] | not with all this water around. | 可不能快速移动铷元素 |
[27:17] | Now, we need to turn it to paste. | 我们要把这个粘合起来 |
[27:21] | What? You got a faster way to turn liquid solid? | 还有什么办法可以更迅速地把液体变固体 |
[27:23] | Considering how explosive it is, maybe the prudent… | 考虑到它的易爆性 谨慎的办法也许 |
[27:31] | See? It worked. | 成功了 |
[27:32] | We’re almost done building a tsunami bomb. | 我们马上可以制成一颗海啸炸弹 |
[27:34] | Th-That’s a real thing. I just said that. | 那是真实存在的 我刚刚说了 |
[27:39] | Walt, nine minutes! | 沃特 还有九分钟 |
[27:40] | We need that power stat! | 我们需要电力 |
[27:42] | Almost there. | 马上好 |
[27:43] | We should be calling the police, not Ralph. | 我们该通知警方而不是拉尔夫 |
[27:45] | They handle the emergency alert system. | 他们有应急警报系统 |
[27:46] | No, if we call them, it will take a half hour | 打给警方的话 我们要先花上半小时 |
[27:48] | to convince them that we’re not crackpots. | 让他们相信我们不是疯子 |
[27:50] | Ralph, have you accessed the system? | 拉尔夫 你进入系统了吗 |
[27:52] | Almost there. | 快了 |
[27:52] | Uh, by the way, where’s your sitter? | 顺便问句 你的保姆呢 |
[27:54] | Downstairs on her phone. | 她在楼下打电话 |
[27:55] | I gave her a soda. | 我给了她一杯苏打水 |
[27:58] | I’m in. | 我进来了 |
[27:59] | Great work, Ralph. | 干得漂亮 拉尔夫 |
[28:00] | Now send an emergency alert. | 发送一条紧急通告 |
[28:02] | It will go out to every cell phone, | 发到所有的手机 |
[28:04] | TV and radio in town. | 电视和收音机上 |
[28:06] | And be blunt, so they understand, okay? | 要简单粗暴 好让大家明白状况 |
[28:07] | No, no, Ralph. | 别 拉尔夫 |
[28:08] | Uh, appeal to their emotions, okay? | 得有触动他们的感染力 |
[28:10] | So type these words. | 所以要这样说 |
[28:13] | Cabe, the Emergency Alert System. | 凯布 快看紧急通告 |
[28:16] | “We know this is scary, but please trust us. | 我们知道这很吓人 但请相信我们的话 |
[28:19] | “You must turn off all your power– | 你们要关掉所有电源 |
[28:20] | “Christmas lights, appliances, everything– | 圣诞彩灯 电器 所有电源 |
[28:23] | so we can divert as much power as possible to the dam.” | 这样我们才能尽量将电力输往大坝 |
[28:25] | “We all have families and loved ones.” | 我们都有孩子和爱人 |
[28:28] | “Please follow our instructions, | 请按我们说的做 |
[28:29] | so we can be with them tomorrow on Christmas.” | 这样我们才能在明天的圣诞节陪在他们身边 |
[28:31] | That must be Walter. | 肯定是沃特发的 |
[28:33] | That kind of language? That’s from Paige. | 那语气吗 是佩吉 |
[28:43] | Oh, no. | 哦不 |
[28:45] | Don’t tell me Toby’s right about the Christmas spirit. | 圣诞精神这点不会被托比说中了吧 |
[28:51] | Yes! Everyone’s turning off their lights! | 太好了 所有人都关掉了灯 |
[28:53] | Sending over the power now! | 立刻输送电力 |
[28:55] | Okay, while that’s not a miracle, | 尽管没有真的出现奇迹 |
[28:57] | I will concede that is miracle-adjacent. | 我也得说那接近奇迹了 |
[29:00] | We are super-juiced over here, Walter. | 这里电力十足 沃特 |
[29:02] | Reversing the turbine. | 反向转动涡轮机 |
[29:06] | Toby, you have to throw that bomb. | 托比 你该扔炸弹了 |
[29:08] | Doc, you ready? | 医生 准备好了吗 |
[29:09] | Damn right I am. | 当然了 |
[29:14] | Okay, that’s the mark, and you got to nail it. | 你要瞄准那个点砸下去 |
[29:17] | Let it fly. | 投得远一点 |
[29:18] | Okay, here goes. | 我要扔了 |
[29:25] | – Not good. – Not good. | -糟了 -糟了 |
[29:35] | We are two minutes away from complete dam failure. | 离大坝完全崩溃还有两分钟 |
[29:37] | Toby, you sure you missed that mark? | 托比 你真的没砸中那个点吗 |
[29:39] | Well, you saw me box. | 你也看过我打拳击 |
[29:40] | How well do you think I can throw? | 你以为我能扔多远啊 |
[29:43] | If I unintentionally killed anyone, | 如果无意中害死谁 |
[29:45] | I am sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:47] | Guys! | 伙计们 |
[29:48] | Bomb goes off in five, four, | 离炸弹爆炸还有五秒 四 |
[29:50] | three, two, one! | 三 二 一 |
[29:59] | Wow, we really suck at making bombs. | 我们真不擅长做炸弹 |
[30:01] | Yeah, we also suck at saving that dam and that whole town. | 我们也不怎么擅长修复大坝和救人 |
[30:19] | Looks like your throw was good enough, Doc. | 看来你扔得挺不错 医生 |
[30:27] | It’s working! | 起作用了 |
[30:31] | Who’s the bomb? | 谁是炸弹小能手 |
[30:34] | Uh, what are the reservoir levels? | 水位到多少了 |
[30:35] | Uh, Kesselman is at 82%. | 凯塞尔曼的水位是82% |
[30:38] | And we are down to 57, 56, 55%! | 我们的下降到57% 56% 55% |
[30:41] | We are good! | 我们没事了 |
[30:42] | Well, it worked. | 计划成功了 |
[30:42] | Dam structural integrity’s back up in the green. | 大坝的结构稳定性恢复正常 |
[30:44] | Someone call Augustine DWP. | 谁来通知奥古斯丁深水港那边 |
[30:46] | Let them know we’re in the clear. | 告诉他们问题解决了 |
[30:48] | On it. | 我来 |
[30:49] | You guys okay? | 你们还好吗 |
[30:50] | Yes. Great work, Ralph. | 还好 你干得很漂亮 拉尔夫 |
[30:52] | Now, why don’t you tell everyone | 快告诉大家 |
[30:53] | to turn their Christmas lights back on? | 可以重新点亮圣诞彩灯了 |
[30:55] | Your mom seems to really enjoy them. | 你妈妈似乎很喜欢它们 |
[31:03] | I know I really don’t get involved in the holidays, | 我知道我不怎么喜欢节日 |
[31:05] | but this is a welcome sight. | 可这场景真的很温馨 |
[31:07] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[31:10] | Uh, you know what else would be welcome? | 还有一种行为也是很好的 |
[31:12] | And something you might find that is, | 你会发现它 |
[31:14] | uh, efficient and rewarding… | 高效而有益 |
[31:17] | is opening up a little bit and sharing with other people, | 那就是打开心扉向他人倾诉 |
[31:21] | instead of just with yourself. | 而不是把事情都憋在心里 |
[31:28] | Walter? | 沃特 |
[31:30] | Yeah, sorry. You were saying? | 抱歉 你刚刚说什么 |
[31:33] | Um, just… we should be getting back. | 我们该回去了 |
[31:46] | Okay, let’s fire this thing up. | 我们来启动这机器 |
[31:48] | I call first on the sled. | 我要第一个玩雪橇 |
[31:50] | Uh, we used up the ammonium nitrate, remember? | 我们的硝酸铵用光了 记得吗 |
[31:53] | Tomorrow, I call first on the sled. | 明天我要第一个玩雪橇 |
[31:55] | I’m surrounded by children. | 你们真幼稚 |
[31:56] | Is that gingerbread? Can I have some?! | 那是姜饼人吗 我能吃一点吗 |
[32:02] | Hey, Paige, it’s Drew. | 嗨 佩吉 我是德鲁 |
[32:04] | I talked to Ralph earlier, | 我已经和拉尔夫聊过了 |
[32:05] | but I wanted to wish you a Merry Christm… | 不过我还想祝你圣诞快乐 |
[32:07] | Deleted. | 信息已删除 |
[32:08] | Mr. O’Brien, this is Margaret Crosier. | 奥布莱恩先生 我是玛格丽特·克罗泽 |
[32:10] | I’m calling from the Karman Prize committee. | 我代表卡门线大奖委员会给您致电 |
[32:13] | Guys, Karman Prize called! | 大伙 卡门线大奖的电话 |
[32:14] | Our panel of judges was duly impressed | 我们的评审小组非常欣赏 |
[32:16] | by the research you submitted on rocketry. | 您提交的关于火箭的研究 |
[32:18] | So it’s our pleasure to inform you | 因此我们很荣幸地通知您 |
[32:20] | that you have won the $15 million grant. | 您赢得了1500万美元的奖金 |
[32:22] | We just need to schedule a site visit inspection | 我们只需要跟您预约一次实地访问调查 |
[32:25] | to make sure your rocket matches the specs you provided. | 以确保您的火箭跟您提供的说明是一致的 |
[32:28] | Call us as soon as possible. | 请尽快给我们回电 |
[32:30] | Congratulations, Mr. O’Brien. | 祝贺您 奥布莱恩先生 |
[32:32] | And Merry Christmas. | 并祝您圣诞快乐 |
[32:34] | Hey, Walter, ever been to a dog track? | 沃特 你去看过狗赛跑吗 |
[32:37] | Son, that’s life-changing money. | 孩子 这是一笔能改变一生的钱啊 |
[32:39] | Oh, I know this is all very… | 我知道这一切都非常 |
[32:47] | Where’s the ferret? | 那只雪貂去哪儿了 |
[32:53] | Where’d the ferret go? | 雪貂去哪儿了 |
[32:57] | Ferret?! Guys? | 雪貂呢 伙计们 |
[33:00] | You left him in its upstairs cage. | 你把他放在了楼上的笼子里 |
[33:02] | No, no, no. I didn’t. | 不 不 不 我没有 |
[33:02] | I brought him down and then I closed the door. Where is he? | 我把他带下来了还关好了门 他在哪儿 |
[33:04] | Well, he couldn’t have gotten very far. | 他不会跑太远的 |
[33:06] | Okay, I’m gonna go out the back. | 我从后门出去找 |
[33:06] | You start looking around for him now! | 你们立刻开始四处找找看 |
[33:08] | Now! | 立刻开始 |
[33:14] | Bueller? | 比约勒 |
[33:22] | Bueller? Oh. | 比约勒 |
[33:26] | I found him! It’s okay. | 我找到他了 没事了 |
[33:27] | It’s okay. It’s okay, pal. | 没事了 没事了 伙计 |
[33:29] | Nice and safe. | 完好如初 |
[33:32] | Who left the cage open? | 是谁忘了关笼子的门 |
[33:32] | Pretty sure you were the last one to touch it. | 我很确定你是最后一个碰它的人 |
[33:34] | I closed the cage. I always close the cage. | 我把笼子的门关上了 我每次都会关的 |
[33:36] | Okay. Well, it’s okay now, ’cause the ferret is safe. | 现在已经没关系了 因为雪貂现在很安全 |
[33:38] | Well, I could’ve lost her! | 我本来有可能会失去她的 |
[33:40] | Don’t any of you comprehend that?! | 你们没有人能理解吗 |
[33:42] | I don’t want that! | 我不想这样的事请发生 |
[33:49] | I don’t want to lose her. | 我不想失去她 |
[34:01] | I didn’t want to lose her. | 我不想失去她的 |
[34:11] | I didn’t want to lose my sister. | 我不想失去我姐姐 |
[34:28] | She was… | 她曾经是 |
[34:32] | I miss her so much. | 我好想念她 |
[34:36] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:40] | Oh, I’m sorry. This is unprofessional. | 我很抱歉 这样很不专业 |
[34:51] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[35:00] | I have a great idea. | 我有一个好主意 |
[35:05] | Okay. Think of it as a California snowman. | 好的 把这个想象成加州雪人 |
[35:13] | I’ve been working on this launchpad for the last few months. | 过去这几个月我一直在忙活这个发射井 |
[35:16] | If I knew we were using it today, | 我要是早知道今天会用到它 |
[35:18] | I would’ve painted it or something. | 我就会给它刷上油漆或者做点其他装饰 |
[35:19] | It’s perfect. Thank you. | 它已经很好了 谢谢你 |
[35:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:27] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[35:29] | Just called in a favor with the FAA. | 刚刚请国联邦航空局帮了点忙 |
[35:31] | Rocket’s got clear skies for takeoff. | 空中交通已经为火箭发射清空了 |
[35:36] | You sure you want to do this? | 你确定你要这么做吗 |
[35:38] | The sentiment’s beautiful, but $15 million– | 这样的感情很美丽 但是1500万美元 |
[35:42] | someone like you could do a lot with that. | 像你这样的人可以用那笔钱做很多事 |
[35:44] | I built the rocket so I could win money to help with Megan’s research. | 我造这个火箭是为了赢钱来完成梅根的研究 |
[35:47] | It’s her rocket; it’s not mine. | 这是她的火箭 不是我的 |
[35:52] | Couldn’t respect you more, kid. | 孩子 我真是对你佩服不已 |
[36:02] | Hey. | 你好啊 |
[36:09] | So, Sly told me today | 希尔今天告诉我 |
[36:11] | that I should never waste time in life. | 永远都不要浪费生命中的时间 |
[36:16] | Um… that plus I-I’m thankful I’m alive. | 并且我很感恩我还活着 |
[36:24] | Last year, I kissed you, and it didn’t work out. | 去年我亲了你 但我们的事没成 |
[36:26] | So let’s try it in reverse this Christmas. | 所以今年的圣诞节让我们反其道而行之 |
[36:30] | For the record, your logic makes zero sense. | 我得提醒你一下 你的逻辑全无道理 |
[36:36] | But I don’t care. | 但我才不管那么多 |
[36:51] | Quality kiss, Doc. | 吻技不错 医生 |
[36:53] | Good work. | 干得漂亮 |
[37:00] | That was a Christmas miracle. | 这真是圣诞节奇迹 |
[37:05] | Megan loved the stars. | 梅根很爱星星 |
[37:07] | I’m hoping she’d like to be with them. | 我希望她会喜欢群星的陪伴 |
[37:09] | I think she’d love to. | 我觉得她会非常喜欢 |
[37:12] | We are all set. | 我们都准备好了 |
[37:14] | I think it would be appropriate | 我觉得理应 |
[37:15] | for the husband to do the honors. | 由丈夫来完成这个仪式 |
[37:25] | We never really talked about it, | 我知道我们从没谈及此事 |
[37:26] | but, technically, | 但是 理论上来说 |
[37:28] | when I married Megan, that made you and I brothers-in-law. | 当我和梅根结婚的时候 我就成了你的姐夫 |
[37:32] | You know, I’ve always found that term antiquated. | 你知道吗 我总觉得那个说法有点过时了 |
[37:37] | How about we just go with “brothers”? | 不如我们就做兄弟吧 |
[37:53] | Okay. | 开始了 |
[37:56] | 开始倒数 修改序列 系统状态 发射 | |
[38:01] | Bye. | 再见了 |
[38:29] | Oh, I’m feeling a lot better, by the way. | 顺便说一句 我感觉好多了 |
[38:31] | You seem better. | 你看起来就好多了 |
[38:36] | I heard what you said earlier, about, um, opening up. | 我听到你之前说的关于敞开心胸的那些话了 |
[38:40] | Maybe it’s time I fight my nature. | 也许是时候跟我自己的本性对抗了 |
[38:45] | It worked for the dam. | 水坝都成功了 |
[38:47] | It might just work for you. | 也许你也能成功呢 |