时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | “Make sure to use non-synthetic lubricant. | 务必使用非合成润滑剂 |
[00:05] | Old parts weren’t built for silicone.” | 老零部件不能用硅树脂 |
[00:08] | See, that’s the kind of detail | 这种细节 |
[00:10] | your regular gearhead would gloss over. | 普通的机械迷就不会注意 |
[00:13] | Wouldn’t go so far as to say that SparkplugADAptor522 | 倒不至于说火花塞适配器522 |
[00:16] | is a mechanical genius, but she is someone who thinks. | 是个机械天才 但她至少动脑了 |
[00:19] | I think it’s past midnight and we should go home. | 我觉得已经过了午夜了 我们该回家了 |
[00:21] | Do you understand how long it’s been | 你知道这台 |
[00:23] | since this ’46 E.L. Knucklehead engine has drawn breath? | 46款EL·傻瓜引擎多久没呼吸了吗 |
[00:26] | Do you understand how long it’s been since I’ve slept? | 你知道我多久没睡了吗 |
[00:28] | – I need my jammies. – Go home. | -我需要我的睡衣 -那回家吧 |
[00:30] | If SparkplugADAptor522 is working, I am working. | 如果火花塞适配器522还在工作 我也不休 |
[00:33] | You’ve been working on this project with her for two months | 你在这个项目上跟她合作俩月了 |
[00:35] | and still no name. | 还是不知道彼此的名字 |
[00:36] | Have you ever spoken to her on the phone or video chat? | 你跟她通过话 或视频吗 |
[00:39] | Neither. | 都没有 |
[00:40] | Do you know where she lives? | 你知道她住哪吗 |
[00:42] | – Don’t know. – How old? | -不知道 -她多大 |
[00:44] | We don’t get into personal info. | 我们不谈私人信息 |
[00:46] | Although I’ve asked both questions. | 但这两个问题我都问过 |
[00:48] | Are you sure she’s a she? | 你确定她是个她吗 |
[00:50] | Women can’t be mechanically inclined? | 女人就不能爱好机械吗 |
[00:52] | No, I-I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[00:53] | But men are deceptively inclined. | 但是 男人喜欢骗人 |
[00:56] | Something’s fishy here. | 这里面不对劲 |
[00:58] | Cat-fishy. | 骗炮那种不对劲 |
[00:59] | You’re tired and paranoid, and going home now so I can finish. | 你累了 多疑 回家吧 好让我完成 |
[01:03] | “Sending valve specs now.” | 这就发来阀门参数 |
[01:06] | Beat it, I got to work. | 走吧 我得干活儿 |
[01:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:10] | Lock the door behind me. | 我走后把门锁上 |
[01:12] | You’re chatting with a possible psychopath. | 你可能是在跟疯子聊天呢 |
[01:23] | Psycho grease monkey here to kill you! | 疯子机修工来杀你了 |
[01:25] | Oh, Toby! | 托比 |
[01:26] | I said lock the door. | 我叫你锁门的 |
[01:45] | See that? | 瞧见没 |
[01:48] | That’s how you flip a flapjack. | 烙饼就得这么翻 |
[01:50] | Or, as I like to call them, | 或者 我喜欢称之为 |
[01:52] | a “Doddcake.” | “多德饼” |
[01:54] | It’s nice to see someone’s in a good mood. | 很高兴有人心情这么好 |
[01:56] | Well, I got a beautiful woman by my side, | 我身边有位美丽的女人 |
[01:59] | proud of my guy. | 为我的候选人骄傲 |
[02:00] | Just look at him over there with the voters. | 瞧他跟选民处得多好 |
[02:04] | He’s certainly had a strong showing these past few days. | 他这几天的表现确实很不错 |
[02:07] | Better than Patel has. | 比帕特尔好多了 |
[02:10] | Nobody’s had a better past few days than me. | 没有人这几天过得比我更好了 |
[02:12] | I got to tell you, Allie, | 我得告诉你 艾莉 |
[02:14] | this time we’re spending together, | 我们一起共度的时光 |
[02:16] | getting to know you, and all of it… | 我慢慢了解你 |
[02:19] | …you’re a special person. | 你真的很特别 |
[02:23] | I hope Sly’s not looking. | 希望希尔没在看 |
[02:25] | ‘Cause you’re about to kiss his opponent’s campaign manager. | 因为你就要吻他对手的竞选经理了 |
[02:34] | Sanjay. | 桑杰 |
[02:36] | It– uh, good turn out. | 来的人不少 |
[02:38] | Doddcake, Patel? | 来个多德饼啊 帕特尔 |
[02:40] | No. Thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[02:42] | Allie, you forgot the blackberry syrup. | 艾莉 你忘记黑莓糖浆了 |
[02:45] | That’s why no one’s coming to my table. | 所以没人去我那桌 |
[02:47] | Syrup’s not your problem. | 糖浆不是你的问题所在 |
[02:49] | My guy’s in the zone. | 我的候选人现在风头正劲 |
[02:53] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[02:54] | Hi. Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[02:57] | The election isn’t over yet. | 选举还没结束呢 |
[03:00] | Allie, the syrup please. | 艾莉 去拿糖浆 |
[03:02] | Your boss is a grade-A tool. | 你老板真是个混蛋 |
[03:04] | He certainly is, but my paycheck depends on him. | 是啊 但我还得指着他发工资呢 |
[03:15] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:19] | She still hasn’t responded. | 她还是没回复 |
[03:20] | You’re wearing the same clothes as yesterday. | 你还穿着昨天的衣服 |
[03:24] | – Did you stay here all night? – Busy. | -你在这儿待了一夜吗 -忙呢 |
[03:26] | Weird. | 奇怪 |
[03:33] | Okay, Tim. | 好吧 蒂姆 |
[03:36] | I-I… I guess I understand. | 我能理解 |
[03:39] | Okay. Be well. Bye. | 好吧 好好的 再见 |
[03:49] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:52] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[03:53] | Everything all right? | 一切都好吧 |
[03:55] | I… I’m supposed to chaperone | 我要再次作为 |
[03:56] | another one of Ralph’s school trips, but he doesn’t want to go. | 拉尔夫学校出游的监护人 但他不想去 |
[03:59] | It’s at the beach and he says his legs look skinny in shorts. | 是去海滩 他说他穿短裤看上去腿太瘦 |
[04:04] | Understood. | 知道了 |
[04:06] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[04:11] | See what I just did? | 瞧我做什么了吗 |
[04:12] | I asked Paige if she was okay. | 我问佩吉她好吗 |
[04:13] | When she told me an obvious lie, I let her be. | 她说了个明显的谎话 但我没戳穿 |
[04:16] | She clearly doesn’t want to get into it. | 她显然不想多说 |
[04:19] | I’m making progress. | 我有进展 |
[04:20] | Good for me. | 我真棒 |
[04:21] | I’m going to Lancaster. | 我要去兰开斯特 |
[04:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:26] | We got nothing on the books until tomorrow. | 我们明天之前没有什么工作 |
[04:29] | It’s… not a good reason for going to Lancaster. | 这不是去兰开斯特的好理由 |
[04:31] | I fell asleep waiting for a response | 我等候回复时睡着了 |
[04:33] | from an Internet chat mechanic. | 跟我聊天的是一个机械师 |
[04:35] | She said she was sending something over, | 她说她要发东西过来 |
[04:37] | but when I woke up she still hadn’t responded. | 但我醒来时 她还是没回复 |
[04:39] | Doesn’t make any sense. | 这没道理 |
[04:40] | She’s more detail-oriented than you and I put together. | 她比你我加起来还在意细节 |
[04:43] | Doubtful, if that were the case, she would’ve sent you the specs. | 我表示怀疑 如果是那样 她就该发数据来了 |
[04:45] | She is and she hasn’t. | 她就是那样的人 但她没有 |
[04:47] | Something’s up. | 有点不对劲 |
[04:48] | So I hacked the chat site, | 所以我黑入聊天网站 |
[04:49] | and found the account attached to the screen name. | 查出了那个账号的真实名字 |
[04:52] | Ada Pearce, Lancaster. | 艾达·皮尔斯 兰开斯特 |
[04:54] | Emotional concern for a fellow mechanic. | 对另一位机械师产生了担忧 |
[04:56] | It’s fascinating. | 真奇妙 |
[04:57] | I-I think that we’re both evolving. | 我觉得我们都在进化 |
[05:00] | Good for us. | 真不错 |
[05:02] | Son of a… | 妈… |
[05:05] | Here, here, here. | 来来来 |
[05:06] | Here, let me help. Let me help you. You okay? | 让我帮你 我来帮你 你没事吧 |
[05:09] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[05:11] | Yeah, it’s the wheel. | 是轮子的问题 |
[05:13] | I’ll see it’s fixed. | 我修好了告诉你 |
[05:14] | In the meantime you can use my chair. I’ll stand. | 期间你可以用我的椅子 我站着就行 |
[05:19] | You’re not crying about the chair. | 你不是因为椅子哭 |
[05:22] | Tim accepted an eight-month contract extension in Jordan. | 蒂姆接受了续约 要在约旦多待八个月 |
[05:25] | And really, Walter, that’s… | 真的 沃特 我… |
[05:28] | …all I want to say about it right now. | 我想说的只有这些 |
[05:31] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[05:34] | Hi-dee-ho, bosserino. | 伙计们好啊 |
[05:36] | How’s tricks? | 你怎么样 |
[05:37] | Uh, well, thank you. | 不错 谢谢你 |
[05:39] | Dude, you’d be very impressed with this newfound handle I have | 哥们 我最近的感情控制能力有了提升 |
[05:43] | on my emotional state. | 你肯定会感兴趣 |
[05:44] | Now, Paige and Tim are having issues. | 佩吉和蒂姆现在出现了问题 |
[05:46] | It’s not a shock. | 意料之中 |
[05:47] | Distance of 7,600 miles ain’t good for love. | 12160公里的距离对爱情无益 |
[05:49] | Yes, as I was saying, | 没错 我说了 |
[05:50] | she’s hurting, so she needed space and I gave it to her. | 她很受伤 她需要空间 我给她空间 |
[05:54] | I’m making progress. Good for me. | 我进步了 我真棒 |
[05:55] | Where’s Happy? We have wedding cake to taste, | 乐乐在哪里 我们得试婚礼蛋糕 |
[05:57] | a wedding band to hear, and she still hasn’t given me a guest list | 还得试听一个婚礼乐队 她还没给我宾客名单 |
[05:59] | despite me being very annoying about it. | 尽管我已经百般催促 |
[06:01] | Oh, she went to Lancaster to find her gearhead friend. | 她去兰开斯特找她的机械同好了 |
[06:03] | To track down a nutbar who knows his way around power tools? | 去找一个知道怎么使电动工具的呆子了吗 |
[06:06] | Did you ever think of convincing her not to go? | 你就没想过阻止她吗 |
[06:09] | You need space. | 你需要空间 |
[06:11] | I’m gonna give it to you. | 我给你空间 |
[06:14] | There is a very real possibility. | 非常有可能性 |
[06:15] | You’ve been harassing me for 50 minutes. I’m hanging up. | 你已经骚扰了我50分钟 我要挂了 |
[06:18] | A very real possibility that | 非常有可能 |
[06:19] | by failing to respond in the middle of a conversation | 她这样故意不回信息 |
[06:21] | she is utilizing what predators call “A lure.” | 用的是情场高手所谓”欲擒故纵” |
[06:23] | She knows a hell of a lot about Knucklehead engines for a predator. | 她比情场高手懂傻瓜发电机多了 |
[06:26] | She is a smart woman who knows her mechanics. | 她是一个了解机械的聪明的女人 |
[06:29] | I just want to make sure that everything is… | 我只是想确认一切都… |
[06:33] | Everything’s what, Happy? | 一切都什么 乐乐 |
[06:35] | Hello? | 喂 |
[06:36] | – Hello? – Oh, man. | -喂 -不好 |
[06:36] | 艾达·皮尔斯 西德兰西街 221号 | |
[06:37] | – Happy? – I’ll call you back. | -乐乐 -我待会给你回电 |
[06:41] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[06:42] | But this situation isn’t really in the handbook, | 不过这事手册上没写 |
[06:45] | so just patch me through! | 赶紧帮我接通 |
[06:48] | – You the chief? – Yeah. | -你是队长吗 -是的 |
[06:49] | What’s going on here? | 出什么事了 |
[06:51] | Storm last night toppled the power line. | 昨晚的风暴把电线弄倒了 |
[06:53] | Why are you letting it spark on the roof? Cut the power. | 为什么还任凭电线在屋顶上爆火花 切电源啊 |
[06:55] | Who are you again? | 你是谁 |
[06:56] | Happy Quinn, Department of Homeland Security. | 乐乐·奎恩 国土安全部的 |
[06:58] | What is Homeland doing here? | 国土安全部的人到这来干什么 |
[07:00] | Not your concern. | 不关你的事 |
[07:01] | What is, though, is cutting the power to that line | 你要关心的是在房子着火之前 |
[07:03] | before the house catches on fire. | 赶紧把电源线切断 |
[07:04] | Do you also not know how to evacuate a home? | 你是不是也不知道怎么疏散屋中人员 |
[07:07] | Ma’am, we can’t clear the house. | 女士 我们无法疏散 |
[07:09] | And if we cut the power, a girl in there dies. | 如果我们切断电源 一个女孩就会死 |
[07:12] | Now, if you don’t mind, I’m trying to get through to NASA. | 如果你不介意 我还要和宇航局通话 |
[07:14] | NASA? | 宇航局 |
[07:15] | Yes, this is Fire Chief Bart Olshanski in Lancaster. | 没错 我是兰开斯特的消防队长巴特·奥山斯基 |
[07:19] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[07:24] | But these are the contingencies you need a plan for. | 但这就是你要想好应对措施的意外 |
[07:26] | She needs to be moved immediately. | 必须马上转移她 |
[07:28] | Steel frame, walls of high-optic PVC film. | 钢铁框架 高透光聚氯乙烯薄膜墙 |
[07:32] | High Efficiency Particulate Air filtration system. | 高效微粒空气过滤系统 |
[07:36] | An autoclave that sterilizes anything that comes in. | 用来消毒进出所有东西的高压蒸气灭菌器 |
[07:40] | This is a gnotobiotic isolator. | 这是一个无菌隔离器 |
[07:42] | You have no immune system. | 你没有免疫系统 |
[07:44] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[07:45] | Happy Quinn. | 乐乐·奎恩 |
[07:46] | And you’re Ada Pearce. | 你是艾达·皮尔斯 |
[07:49] | I’m sorry, what are you doing in here? | 不好意思 你是干什么的 |
[07:51] | I’m Sprocketace77. | 我是链齿轮冠军77 |
[07:52] | Oh, my God, Dad, she and I built my engine together. | 天啊 爸爸 是她和我一起造的引擎 |
[07:54] | Your Internet must have gone kaput during the storm. | 你肯定是因为风暴断网了 |
[07:57] | That’s why you cut out. | 所以你才掉线了 |
[07:58] | It’s nice to meet you, but you have to go. | 很高兴认识你 但你该走了 |
[08:00] | We have a major problem right now. | 我们现在有很严重的问题 |
[08:01] | Yeah, you do. | 没错 |
[08:03] | The bubble’s threatened by a couple 100 pounds of debris | 这九十几斤重的砖块和闪耀着火花的电线 |
[08:05] | and sparking power lines. | 严重威胁到了保护罩 |
[08:07] | Yes, and if the bubble pops… | 如果保护罩破裂 |
[08:08] | Your sterile environment will be flooded with pollen, dust, | 原本无菌的环境会涌入花粉 尘埃 |
[08:11] | branches, leaves, chunks of ceiling and roof | 枝条 树叶 天花板和屋顶上的砖块 |
[08:14] | that all contain bacteria. | 都充满了细菌 |
[08:15] | And she would die within minutes. | 她撑不了几分钟就会死 |
[08:17] | You can’t clear the debris with live power lines, | 有那条电线在就不可能清理砖块 |
[08:20] | but you can’t cut the power because her HEPA filter, | 但因为有高效微粒空气过滤系统又不能切断电源 |
[08:22] | it’ll stop working. | 不然就没法使用 |
[08:23] | And I’d have no oxygen. | 我就没有氧气了 |
[08:24] | Going off what the chief said outside, | 我刚刚听到队长在外面说 |
[08:26] | the fire department’s at a loss, | 消防局一筹莫展 |
[08:27] | and the NASA engineers who built the bubble, | 建造保护罩的宇航局 |
[08:29] | they’re too far away to get here before the house burns down. | 又没法及时在屋子烧毁前赶到 |
[08:35] | Happy, is there anything you can do to help me? | 乐乐 你能做些什么来帮帮我吗 |
[08:42] | Hey, it’s me. | 是我 |
[08:43] | You need to get the guys over here now. | 你得马上把大伙儿们都喊来 |
[09:02] | Walt, Paige, Toby, | 沃特 佩吉 托比 |
[09:03] | David Pearce. | 这位是大卫·皮尔斯 |
[09:04] | His daughter Ada’s inside. | 她女儿艾达在屋里 |
[09:06] | I don’t know if your colleague told you, | 不知道你们的同事有没有和你们说 |
[09:07] | but Ada has… | 但艾达她… |
[09:08] | Severe immunodeficiency, | 有严重的免疫缺陷 |
[09:09] | brought on by acquired pancytopenic aplastic anemia | 由后天的全血细胞减少并再生障碍性贫血 |
[09:12] | and a subsequent failed bone marrow transplant. | 以及后来的失败的骨髓移植引起的 |
[09:14] | It’s covered. | 她全告诉我们了 |
[09:15] | So your daughter can’t even fight off the smallest microbe. | 所以你女儿连最无害的细菌都抵抗不了 |
[09:17] | – That’s right. – How long has she been in the bubble? | -没错 -她在保护罩里住了多久了 |
[09:19] | Two and a half years. | 两年半了 |
[09:20] | Okay, if we’re done yakking, can we go in and help her? | 行了 闲聊够了 能进去帮她了吗 |
[09:21] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[09:23] | No extra microbes near this sterile environment. | 这个无菌环境里不能有细菌 |
[09:26] | We already took ours. | 我们已经服用过了 |
[09:27] | It’s broad-spectrum antibiotics, antivirals, | 这是广谱抗菌素 抗病毒药 |
[09:30] | antiparasitic and antifungal. | 抗寄生物药 和抗真菌药 |
[09:32] | Little B12 for pep, too. | 再吃点维生素B12打个底 |
[09:34] | Shouldn’t Ada be taking the pills? | 这些药不是应该给艾达吃吗 |
[09:35] | Why am I taking antibiotics? | 我为什么要吃抗生素 |
[09:36] | Antibiotics fight infection by working with the immune system. | 抗生素是用来和免疫系统一起抵抗感染的 |
[09:38] | If you don’t have one they’re worthless. | 假如没有免疫系统 吃什么都没用 |
[09:41] | Oh, this is… | 这真是… |
[09:43] | incredible. | 太惊人了 |
[09:45] | Wow, it’s like a science experiment come to life. | 简直就是活生生的科学实验啊 |
[09:48] | Uh, hi, I’m Paige. | 你好 我是佩吉 |
[09:50] | He didn’t mean to reduce your life to a science experiment. | 他不是有意将你的生活比作是科学实验的 |
[09:53] | He must be Walter. | 他一定是沃特吧 |
[09:55] | Happy said that he was a wackadoodle. | 乐乐说他是个怪人 |
[09:57] | Almost done downloading the imaging software | 影像软件就快下载好了 |
[09:59] | that’ll give us a better idea of | 它能让我更好地了解到 |
[10:01] | what’s going on with the debris on that bubble. | 保护罩上的碎片到底是什么情况 |
[10:04] | While you’re doing that, | 与此同时 |
[10:06] | I’m gonna post the live numbers as the polling stations close. | 我会把每个投票站的最终票数写上来 |
[10:11] | I got a good feeling, kid. | 我感觉你很有戏 孩子 |
[10:13] | Uh, sorry, Alderman. | 抱歉 该喊你议员 |
[10:20] | Okay, the software is ready. | 好了 软件下载好了 |
[10:22] | Start sending photos of the debris. | 可以开始把碎片的图像发过来了 |
[10:24] | Ada, David, first things first. | 艾达 大卫 先做重要的事 |
[10:28] | While avoiding… electrocution. | 顺便避免…触电身亡 |
[10:31] | Uh, should address that first. | 应该先强调这一点 |
[10:32] | Walter, I’m running this show. | 沃特 这次由我来主持 |
[10:34] | Okay, the transformer is damaged, | 好了 变压器虽然受损了 |
[10:36] | but operational. | 但它依然可以运作 |
[10:37] | And it’s Ada’s only source of juice for her HEPA air filter, | 这是艾达的高效微粒空气过滤器的唯一电源 |
[10:40] | unless the fire department can locate | 除非消防局能找到一个 |
[10:41] | a backup generator capable of 50,000 watts. | 五万瓦功率的备用发电机 |
[10:44] | Not at the local hardware store. | 当地的硬件商店里肯定没有 |
[10:46] | The one we had was flown in from Geneva. | 我们用的那个是从日内瓦空运过来的 |
[10:48] | It was crushed under a eucalyptus that went down in the storm. | 它被一棵被风暴吹断的桉树砸中了 |
[10:50] | A transplant tree with no business in California… | 一个根本不该来加州的移植树种… |
[10:53] | – Walt! – Your show. | -沃特 -你主持 |
[10:54] | Okay, everyone, just take photos of the room and debris, | 好了 各位 把房间和碎片拍下来 |
[10:57] | and send ’em to Sly. | 然后发给希尔吧 |
[11:02] | Our biggest issue right now | 如今我们面临的最大的问题 |
[11:03] | is a piece of debris piercing the bubble. | 是一块快要穿破保护罩的碎片 |
[11:06] | It’s Jenga. | 简直就是叠叠乐[积木游戏] |
[11:07] | – A deadly version, yes. – Walter. | -死亡版的 的确 -沃特 |
[11:10] | Thankfully, I am a brilliant Jenga player. | 值得庆幸的是 我是个叠叠乐高手 |
[11:13] | And I am better than him, | 我比他更厉害 |
[11:15] | but the computer’s better than both of us, | 但电脑比我俩都厉害 |
[11:16] | that’s why Sly’s uploading the photos we’re sending him | 这就是为什么希尔正在把我们发给他的照片 |
[11:19] | to CADD– | 上传到CADD… |
[11:19] | Computer Aided Design and Drafting software. | 计算机辅助设计与制图软件 |
[11:22] | Along with the blueprint of the house, | 再加上房子的蓝图 |
[11:23] | we’ll be able to make a 3-D model of the room and the debris on top of it. | 我们就能做出那个房间以及其上的碎片的3D模型 |
[11:28] | Inputting the approximate weight and size of the pieces of debris now, | 正在估算那些碎片的大概重量和体积 |
[11:32] | as well as the tensile strength of the power lines. | 以及电线的拉伸强力 |
[11:34] | Once was have all the numbers, | 一旦我们收集齐了所有数据 |
[11:35] | we’ll decide which piece of debris to remove first. | 我们就决定先挪走哪块碎片 |
[11:39] | Hopefully then it will relieve the pressure | 希望这样能够在不戳破保护罩的情况下 |
[11:41] | from the bubble without popping it. | 减轻它上面的压力 |
[11:42] | Once the debris is gone, | 一旦挪走了碎片 |
[11:43] | the fire department can crane the transformer and its pole | 消防局就能用起重机把变压器和它的导电杆 |
[11:46] | off the roof. | 从屋顶上吊起来了 |
[11:51] | It’s Garland Heights. | 是加兰德高地 |
[11:52] | They were always leaning towards Patel. | 他们一向是偏向帕特尔的 |
[11:55] | It’s no big surprise. | 没什么好惊讶的 |
[11:56] | I wouldn’t worry about it, kid. | 我才不会担心呢 孩子 |
[12:02] | Okay, I’ve got weights and sizes. | 好了 我得到重量和体积了 |
[12:05] | Happy, you linked in? | 乐乐 你看到了 |
[12:06] | Yeah, it’s still running calculations. | 看到了 它还在计算 |
[12:10] | Uh, darling, you any closer to some guidance? | 亲爱的 你还要多久才能过来指导一下我 |
[12:11] | It’s kind of incredibly unsafe up here. | 这上面真的很不安全诶 |
[12:14] | O’Brien, to your left, | 奥布莱恩 在你左手边 |
[12:16] | a seven-pound branch of ficus. | 有个3公斤重的榕树树枝 |
[12:18] | Slide it up at 30 degrees, | 把它往上抬30度 |
[12:20] | rotate it, and pull it down. | 转一转 然后拉下来 |
[12:22] | You call that 30 degrees? | 你管那叫30度吗 |
[12:24] | I might consider calling her “Snappy,” | 我该考虑一下叫她”吼吼”了 |
[12:27] | because she keeps snapping at us. | 因为她一直冲我们吼 |
[12:29] | Toby, you’re next. | 托比 下一个该你了 |
[12:30] | Three-foot lengths of ceiling 2X4. | 90厘米长的天花板2X4木材 |
[12:34] | Pull it out at a snail’s pace. | 慢慢地把它拉出来 |
[12:36] | Careful. | 小心 |
[12:41] | I’m all good. | 我没事 |
[12:44] | We’re all good. | 我们都没事 |
[12:46] | It’s okay, it’s part of the process. | 没事的 这个过程就是这样的 |
[12:49] | The process | 这个过程 |
[12:50] | which you learned from saving the other bubble girls? | 是你在拯救其他保护罩女孩时学的吗 |
[12:53] | Well-honed sarcasm. | 挖苦得好 |
[12:54] | I heard it a lot during the engine rebuild. | 我在重建发动机时经常听这种话 |
[12:59] | You’re a very intuitive mechanic for someone so young. | 你算是这个年龄段里很有天赋的机械师了 |
[13:03] | How’d you get so good? | 你是怎么练出来的 |
[13:06] | Everything that comes in the bubble has to be disassembled to be sterilized. | 一切送进保护罩的东西都要被拆开来消毒 |
[13:09] | And then once it’s in here, I have to put it back together. | 送进来后 我得把它们重新组装起来 |
[13:13] | So I really know how things work. | 所以我真的很清楚它们是怎么一回事 |
[13:15] | There it is, | 瞧吧 |
[13:16] | the upside to a life in plastic. | 这就是生活在塑料罩子里的好的一面 |
[13:21] | How come you didn’t mention this was going on? | 你怎么从来没和我提到过你这个情况 |
[13:24] | Not my style to complain. | 抱怨不是我的风格 |
[13:27] | Not that I don’t want to every once in a while. | 我有时候也会想抱怨 |
[13:32] | I’d really love to feel the sun on my face again. | 我真的非常想再重见天日 |
[13:36] | Hey, Paige, a little help? | 佩吉 帮个忙 |
[13:39] | Walt, you’re up. | 沃特 到你了 |
[13:40] | Insulation hunk with roofing tile on it. | 有光照着并且上面有屋顶瓦片的那块 |
[13:44] | Careful. Careful! Please. | 小心 请小心点 |
[13:47] | Paige? | 佩吉 |
[13:48] | David, can I talk to you outside for a second? | 大卫 能借一步说话吗 |
[13:54] | I know you’re terrified, | 我知道你特别害怕 |
[13:55] | but they know what they’re doing. | 但是他们知道自己在做什么 |
[13:58] | No, I’m sure they do. | 是 我相信他们 |
[14:04] | You just have no idea what it’s like to have a child | 你只是不知道有一个每分每秒 |
[14:06] | that you worry about every second of every day. | 都要担心的孩子是什么感觉 |
[14:09] | Actually, I do. | 事实上 我知道 |
[14:11] | Mine’s like they are. | 我的孩子也是一样 |
[14:13] | Do you feel overwhelmed with guilt on a daily basis? | 你有那种每天都被愧疚淹没的感觉吗 |
[14:16] | I feel inadequate a few times an hour. | 我常常会感觉自己不是很称职 |
[14:19] | When Ada was a freshman, she got mono. | 艾达在大一的时候得了单核细胞增多症 |
[14:21] | Which, you know, is a mild disease for most kids. | 对于大多数孩子来讲是一种轻微的病 |
[14:24] | But for her it turned into acquired aplastic anemia. | 但是在她身上变成了后天再生障碍性贫血 |
[14:28] | We couldn’t find a good match for a bone marrow transplant. | 我们找不到合适的骨髓做移植 |
[14:31] | Her doctors said that a weak match might take, | 她的医生说有一个部分匹配的骨髓可能有希望 |
[14:34] | but it was my call. | 由我来决定做不做 |
[14:39] | Didn’t take. | 结果没有成功 |
[14:42] | And now she’s in there, | 而现在她在那里 |
[14:44] | cut off from the world, from school. | 与世界 学校隔绝 |
[14:47] | Last week, all her friends went to winter formal, | 上周 她的朋友们都去了冬季舞会 |
[14:49] | but she just sat in there, alone. | 可是她只能孤零零地坐在那里 |
[14:56] | I haven’t held my child in almost three years. | 我已经将近三年没能抱抱我的孩子了 |
[14:59] | You made the best decision you could for her. | 你为她做了你力所能及的最好的决定 |
[15:02] | Why was it so hard to find a match? | 为什么难以找到合适的配型 |
[15:05] | Finding a donor’s based on tissue type, | 找供体是需要根据组织配型 |
[15:07] | which is much more complex than blood type. | 这比血型要复杂得多 |
[15:09] | We’re having a private conversation. | 我们这是私人谈话 |
[15:11] | Not if I can hear you. | 如果我能听到就不是 |
[15:13] | Best bet is family. | 机会最大的是家人 |
[15:16] | I’m not a match, her mom passed when she was little. | 我的不匹配 她母亲在她小时候就过世了 |
[15:19] | Our genetic heritage originates | 我们的遗传基因来自于 |
[15:21] | in a small town in Macedonia. | 马其顿地区的一个小镇 |
[15:22] | It’s smaller than a local L.A. High school. | 那里比一个洛杉矶高中还小 |
[15:25] | And I’m assuming you approached the citizens | 我猜你试过在你们小镇里的居民里 |
[15:27] | of your town for a donor? | 寻找合适的配型了 |
[15:28] | No match, | 没有成功 |
[15:29] | so now it’s down to finding a remote descendant | 所以现在只能去找隔代的后裔 |
[15:33] | who could be anywhere in the world. | 他们可能会在世界的任何地方 |
[15:35] | Finding the right needle in a nest of three billion other needles. | 就像在三十亿的针堆里找一根对的针 |
[15:38] | They don’t understand the “Private conversation” Concept.. | 他们不太明白什么叫”私人谈话” |
[15:41] | But they do understand the electrocution concept, | 但是他们明白触电会死亡 |
[15:44] | and with each piece of debris you remove | 而每去掉一块碎片 |
[15:45] | it becomes more dangerous, so stay on your toes. | 就会变得更加危险 所以保持警惕 |
[15:56] | You know, I think this board is a distraction. | 我觉得这黑板会让你分心 |
[15:58] | I’m gonna face it in the opposite direction. | 我把它转过去好了 |
[16:00] | If you please. | 请便 |
[16:06] | Guys, we got wind! | 伙计们 起风了 |
[16:07] | Debris shifting. | 碎片移位了 |
[16:10] | Nice catch. | 接得好 |
[16:16] | Kitten, a ceiling joist is jabbing into the plastic. | 宝贝 一块房顶托梁在戳着塑料膜 |
[16:19] | I can’t get to it. | 我够不到它 |
[16:20] | It’s gonna pop the bubble. | 它会把保护罩戳破的 |
[16:21] | We can’t reach it from the ladders. | 我们从梯子这够不到 |
[16:23] | What if I push it up and off from inside the bubble? | 不如我从里面把它顶起来弄下去 |
[16:25] | With something soft, or it’ll hasten the puncture. | 得用软的东西 不然会更容易刺穿 |
[16:27] | You think? ‘Cause I was just gonna throw knives at it. | 你以为呢 因为我正要扔把刀子过去 |
[16:29] | If we want any more obvious advice, | 如果我们需要任何显而易见的建议 |
[16:31] | you’re our guy. | 我们会问你的 |
[16:32] | It’s like there’s two Happys. | 感觉这里有两个乐乐 |
[16:33] | – What about Pascal’s Principle? – Good idea. | -要不试试帕斯卡原理 -好主意 |
[16:35] | Great idea. Pressure exerted at one point | 妙极了 集中在一个点的压力 |
[16:38] | is transmitted to all points equally in an enclosed system. | 会在封闭的系统里被均匀分散到所有点上 |
[16:57] | Great, great. Great work. | 好 好 干得漂亮 |
[17:03] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[17:09] | In case something falls and pops the bubble… | 万一有东西掉下来戳破保护罩 |
[17:11] | Nothing’s gonna happen. | 不会有事的 |
[17:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:16] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[17:17] | But in case it does… | 不过万一发生了 |
[17:21] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[17:23] | Yeah, I love you, too, sweetheart. | 我也爱你 宝贝 |
[17:32] | Sharp wood is lifting. | 尖木块已经抬起来了 |
[17:33] | There’s less pressure on the bubble. | 保护罩上的压力减小了 |
[17:35] | Okay, we’re good to go for now. | 好了 我们现在可以继续了 |
[17:37] | Yahoos, get back to work. | 伙计们 继续干活 |
[17:39] | It’s from Kaldor. | 是卡尔多发的 |
[17:42] | I need to go look at this link immediately. | 我得赶紧看这个链接 |
[17:43] | From Patel’s social media. | 是来自帕特尔的社交网站 |
[17:49] | I have infinite respect for veterans. | 我无比地尊重退伍军人 |
[17:51] | I have disrespect for microbes and bacteria. | 我只是不尊重微生物和细菌 |
[17:54] | Anyone’s microbes and bacteria! | 任何人的微生物和细菌 |
[17:56] | This is some dirty pool. | 这招太阴了 |
[17:59] | There’s no way Allie condones this. | 艾莉不会让他们这么做的 |
[18:03] | Oh, this is bad. | 这不太好 |
[18:07] | That’s worse– the air’s leaking from the mattress. | 更糟的是充气床垫正在漏气 |
[18:10] | Debris is shifting. Look out, look out! | 碎片在移位 小心 小心 |
[18:15] | The power line snapped. | 电线断了 |
[18:16] | Her HEPA filter will turn off. | 她的高效微粒空气过滤器会关掉 |
[18:18] | She’ll die. | 她会死的 |
[18:18] | No, only one line’s broken. | 不 只有一条电线断了 |
[18:20] | The other two are intact. | 还有两条连着的 |
[18:21] | Yeah, but the line is red-hot, | 但是这条电线很烫 |
[18:23] | and it’s right up against the bubble. | 并且紧挨着保护罩上 |
[18:24] | PVC melts at 320 degrees. | 聚氯乙烯的熔点是160度 |
[18:26] | A live wire easily conducts as much heat. | 一条通电的电线会产生更多热量 |
[18:29] | Okay, given the bubble’s thickness, | 根据保护罩的厚度计算 |
[18:31] | it’ll melt through in less than ten minutes. | 不到十分钟就会被熔穿 |
[18:33] | Then we have no choice, | 那我们没有别的选择了 |
[18:34] | we have to get her out of the bubble now. | 必须得把她从保护罩里弄出去 |
[18:42] | What do you mean “Get her out”? | 什么叫”把她弄出去” |
[18:43] | I’ll die if I’m exposed to unfiltered air. | 如果我暴露在未过滤空气中就会死的 |
[18:45] | Especially after a storm. She could contract | 特别是在风暴过后 她可能会 |
[18:48] | hypersensitivity pneumonitis from mold, Coccidioides… | 因为粗球霉菌感染过敏性肺炎 |
[18:51] | We get it. | 我们明白了 |
[18:51] | Mr. Pearce, has she ever been transported before? | 皮尔斯先生 她从保护罩里出去过吗 |
[18:53] | Never. There’s only one transport protocol, | 从没有过 只有一种情况她会出去 |
[18:55] | and that’s for scheduled surgery, | 是为了手术 |
[18:57] | and it takes a week to prepare. | 那需要准备一周的时间 |
[18:58] | What if we had a space suit? | 那如果我们有防护服呢 |
[18:59] | There’s no way we’re getting NASA there in five minutes. | 我们不可能在五分钟内把宇航局请过来 |
[19:02] | What if we made our own? | 我们自己做一件呢 |
[19:03] | Something impermeable that can be sterilized. | 用一些不透水的可消毒的材料 |
[19:06] | There’s got to be something on a fire truck that we could use. | 消防车上应该会有我们能用到的东西 |
[19:08] | Yeah, yeah, we’ll get the supplies. | 没错 我们会找到必需品的 |
[19:10] | Happy, stay with Ada. | 乐乐 陪着艾达 |
[19:11] | Your connection with her is an asset. | 你和她的交流是很重要的 |
[19:13] | Keep her calm. | 让她冷静下来 |
[19:14] | Not my wheelhouse, Doc. | 这不是我的职责 医生 |
[19:15] | You’ve been doing it since we got here. | 从我们来到这里你就在做这个了 |
[19:16] | Just keep talking to her. | 一直跟她讲话 |
[19:17] | What if we repurpose incubators | 如果我们改造一下 |
[19:20] | hospitals use for premies? | 医院给早产儿用的孵化器呢 |
[19:21] | Neonatal ICUs would have the supplies and the sterile room, | 新生儿加护病房会有必需品和消毒室 |
[19:25] | but in order to get her there, | 但如果想要到那去 |
[19:26] | we need to bypass swarms of germ-laden people. | 我们会经过很多带有细菌的人 |
[19:29] | Well, you’re a man of contingencies. | 你总是能想到各种情况 |
[19:30] | What if biological warfare broke out, what would you do? | 如果生物战争爆发了 你会怎么做 |
[19:32] | Freak the heck out. | 会疯掉的 |
[19:33] | That’s not an option. Think. | 那不是办法 再想想 |
[19:35] | I would find the nearest meat locker | 我会找到最近的肉类储藏柜 |
[19:36] | or walk-in fridge in a restaurant. | 或者饭店的大冰柜 |
[19:38] | And do what in it? That can’t be sterile. | 在里面干嘛 那又不可能是无菌的 |
[19:41] | We can make it sterile. | 我们可以让它无菌 |
[19:42] | It’s airtight, so we can feed filtered oxygen | 它是密闭的 所以我们可以通过制冷系统 |
[19:45] | through the refrigeration system. | 输送过滤后的氧气 |
[19:46] | All we have to do is clear it off and sterilize it. | 我们需要做的就是清理并消毒 |
[19:49] | I’m searching now for a restaurant | 我在查找 |
[19:50] | that fits our requirements. | 符合我们需要的饭店 |
[19:57] | A Hazmat suit. | 这里有防护服 |
[19:59] | The spun polyethylene and positive air pressure | 纺织聚乙烯和内部正压环境 |
[20:02] | would mimic her bubble. | 和她的保护罩功能类似 |
[20:03] | That’ll protect her, | 可以保护她 |
[20:03] | but she’s gonna need a better breathing apparatus. | 但她需要一套更好的呼吸装置 |
[20:05] | A full-size oxygen tank will not fit under a Hazmat suit. | 全尺寸的氧气罐装不进防护服里 |
[20:08] | Paige? Grab an extra comm | 佩吉 再拿一个对讲机 |
[20:10] | and then tell Ada’s father to sterilize it | 告诉艾达的爸爸 把对讲机消毒一下 |
[20:12] | so that she can communicate with us | 她就可以穿着防护服 |
[20:13] | – when she’s in the Hazmat suit. – Copy that. | -和我们说话了 -收到 |
[20:15] | I’m gonna take the filter from this regulator, | 我要从调节器中取出一个过滤器 |
[20:17] | put it in this smaller tank’s mask, | 放在这个小氧气罐带的面罩上 |
[20:20] | cover the side vent holes with sterile medical tape, and, | 用无菌医用胶带盖住侧面通风口 |
[20:23] | voilá… | 就成了 |
[20:24] | …she will be breathing pure air. | 她会呼吸到干净的空气的 |
[20:26] | we can use this Velcro strap to fasten the tank to Ada. | 我们可以用这个尼龙搭扣把氧气罐绑在艾达身上 |
[20:29] | I hope Happy got Ada to calm down. | 我希望乐乐能让艾达冷静 |
[20:31] | She’s gonna need her head clear to get through this. | 要完成这些她得让她头脑清楚 |
[20:33] | Oh, I’m sure she’s fine. | 我相信她会没事的 |
[20:34] | You know, people in dire straits often do better | 在通过交谈分神之后 |
[20:36] | when distracted by conversation. | 在困境中的人们往往会做得更好 |
[20:38] | It’s one of those examples | 有些时候 |
[20:40] | where you shouldn’t give someone their space. | 你不能给人空间让他独处 这就是一种情况 |
[20:41] | Walter, where do you get this drivel? | 沃特 你从哪知道这些奇怪理论 |
[20:43] | Who are these experts? | 都哪来的专家啊 |
[20:45] | You are not the only shrink in the world. | 你并不是这世界上唯一的心理学家 |
[20:49] | They’re also bringing a Hazmat suit and an oxygen mask. | 他们正在拿回防护服和氧气面罩 |
[20:51] | No, not bringing, brought. | 不是在拿 是拿到了 |
[20:53] | Mask can go in the autoclave, | 面罩可以通过高压灭菌器 |
[20:54] | but its steam will degrade the suit, | 但是蒸汽会降解防护服的 |
[20:56] | so we’ll sterilize that in here, | 所以我们在这 |
[20:57] | with ethylene oxide gas. | 用环氧乙烷气体消毒吧 |
[21:04] | Less than six minutes till my bubble bursts, literally. | 我的保护罩会在六分钟以内破掉 |
[21:06] | You’re not dying. You’re gonna live. | 你不会死的 你会活下来 |
[21:08] | – Why start now? – What do you mean? | -为什么现在开始 -你什么意思 |
[21:11] | I mean, I’ve spent three years in this plastic prison. | 我在这塑料监狱里待了三年了 |
[21:15] | Not living, just, you know, surviving. | 我没有生活 我只是活着 |
[21:18] | Sometimes I wonder… what’s the point? | 有时候我想 为了什么呢 |
[21:25] | Well, I’m glad you survived. | 很高兴你活了下来 |
[21:27] | ‘Cause I got to meet you. | 这样我才能遇见你 |
[21:29] | Ada, | 艾达 |
[21:30] | get the mask and the comm out of the autoclave. | 拿上从高压灭菌器出来的面罩和对讲机 |
[21:34] | Is that suit enough to protect her? | 防护服足够保护她吗 |
[21:36] | It’s impermeable, it’ll do the trick. | 它是完全不透的 会有效果的 |
[21:37] | And the ethylene oxide will kill any bacteria. | 环氧乙烷气体会杀掉所有细菌 |
[21:41] | I hope she’ll be okay. | 我希望她平安 |
[21:42] | Things sterilized in this gas normally ventilate for 36 hours. | 在气体中消毒过的物品一般需要通风36小时 |
[21:47] | Less than five minutes until this thing bursts. | 这东西还有不到五分钟就要破了 |
[21:49] | Mr. Pearce, start the exhaust. | 皮尔斯先生 开始排气吧 |
[21:52] | I wanted to get her out of her bubble, but not this way. | 我想让她出保护罩 但不是这种方式 |
[21:56] | Ada, it’s ready. | 艾达 准备好了 |
[22:05] | Ada, you need to go faster. | 艾达 你得快点 |
[22:06] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[22:07] | It’s gonna be okay, I promise. Just get the suit on. | 会没事的 我保证 穿上防护服吧 |
[22:11] | Oh, no, we were wrong about the five minutes. | 我们对五分钟的判断有误 |
[22:12] | The bubble’s breaking. Zip up that suit now. | 保护罩已经开始坏了 快把防护服拉上 |
[22:17] | The wire’s blocking the airlock! | 电线把气闸室挡上了 |
[22:18] | Debris is gonna fall on her any second. | 碎片随时可能会砸到她 |
[22:21] | I can’t get out! I’m trapped! | 我出不去 我被困住了 |
[22:22] | Okay, not for long. | 马上就好了 |
[22:27] | Come out, come out. | 出来 快出来 |
[22:31] | It’s okay, it’s safe. | 没事的 你安全了 |
[22:34] | Come on, Ada. | 出来吧 艾达 |
[22:36] | Come on, Ada. | 出来吧 艾达 |
[22:40] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[22:42] | Oh, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[22:54] | All right, hug’s over. Let’s get going. | 好了 拥抱时间结束了 我们走吧 |
[22:55] | Mr. Pearce, | 皮尔斯先生 |
[22:57] | Ada, your father’s gonna go ahead with a car full of supplies, | 艾达 你父亲开车载着这些设备先走 |
[22:59] | we’ll meet him at the meat locker. | 我们会在冷藏室那里和他碰头 |
[23:01] | The what? | 什么地方 |
[23:05] | I’m still pretty nervous about moving into a meat locker. | 我还是对进入冷藏室感到很紧张 |
[23:07] | It’s only temporary. | 只是暂时的 |
[23:08] | That’s what they said about the bubble. | 他们也是这么说防护罩的 |
[23:10] | That word was attached to every crappy group home I was sent to. | 每次他们送我去那些烂小组之家都是这么说的 |
[23:13] | It’s a bad word. | 这是个很糟的词 |
[23:15] | You know, I kept thinking we’d find a donor. | 我总是想着我们会找到捐赠者的 |
[23:18] | Kept making plans. | 一直在做各种计划 |
[23:19] | I even bought a dress for winter formal. | 我甚至为冬季舞会买了一条裙子 |
[23:22] | My favorite color, purple. | 是我最喜欢的颜色 紫色的 |
[23:26] | What’s your favorite color, Happy? | 你最喜欢什么颜色 乐乐 |
[23:28] | Chrome. | 铬黄 |
[23:30] | Great answer. | 很棒的回答 |
[23:33] | Is it warm in here? | 这里是不是很热 |
[23:35] | No, it’s pretty normal. | 没有 温度正常 |
[23:38] | This suit’s itchy. | 这件防护服让我很痒 |
[23:39] | Uh, Happy? | 乐乐 |
[23:40] | Take a look at Ada’s face for a second. | 看一眼艾达的脸 |
[23:43] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[23:44] | Boys, we got issues. | 汉子们 我们遇到麻烦了 |
[23:46] | What kind of issues? | 什么麻烦 |
[23:46] | Uh, not sure. I just sent you a photo. | 不清楚 我给你发了一张照片 |
[23:48] | Holy hives, that’s an allergic reaction if I’ve ever seen one. | 老天爷啊 如果没错的话这是过敏反应 |
[23:51] | She doesn’t have any allergy to the materials | 她不对面罩或者防护服的面料过敏 |
[23:53] | in the mask or the suit, so what is she responding to? | 那她是对什么过敏 |
[23:55] | It’s ethylene oxide. | 环氧乙烷 |
[23:56] | We didn’t have time to sufficiently ventilate it. | 我们还没有时间给它彻底通风 |
[23:57] | And with a reaction that strong, | 她的反应很大 |
[23:59] | we don’t have much time before she succumbs to anaphylaxis. | 也就是说很快她就会出现过敏性休克 |
[24:02] | Happy, my throat’s getting tight. | 乐乐 我快呼吸不过来了 |
[24:04] | We have to get her out of that suit! | 我们得让她脱掉这件防护服 |
[24:05] | If we get her out of that suit, she dies. | 如果她脱掉这件防护服 她会死 |
[24:07] | If we leave her in it, she dies faster! | 如果让她穿着 她死得更快 |
[24:19] | Ada, you have to calm down. | 艾达 你要冷静下来 |
[24:22] | Toby, she’s hyperventilating. | 托比 她的呼吸很急促 |
[24:23] | Happy, keep her calm | 乐乐 要她别慌 |
[24:24] | or she’s gonna inhale that ethylene oxide even faster. | 不然她会更快地吸入环氧乙烷 |
[24:27] | Get her out of that suit or she’s gonna go anaphylactic | 让她把防护服脱了 不然她还没到饭店 |
[24:29] | before you can get her to the restaurant. | 就会出现过敏性休克的 |
[24:31] | That’d kill her, | 那会要了她的命的 |
[24:31] | unless we get her into something sterile. | 除非我们能让她进入一个无菌的环境 |
[24:33] | She has to be covered, encased and ensconced. | 她必须得被藏得密密实实的 |
[24:35] | Sly, you’re the germophobe. What’s sterile? | 希尔 你有洁癖 什么东西是无菌的 |
[24:37] | Disinfectants, detergents… | 消毒剂 清洁剂… |
[24:38] | All right, both loaded with chemicals! | 好吧 都是化学品 |
[24:40] | She could have sensitivities to those, as well. | 她可能对这些也很敏感 |
[24:42] | – Urine. – Gross. | -尿 -好恶心 |
[24:43] | We are not submerging her in a tub of urine. | 我们才不会把她泡在一盆尿里 |
[24:45] | How would we even get that? | 我们怎么搞到尿 |
[24:46] | I don’t know. Uh, honey? | 我不知道 蜂蜜行吗 |
[24:48] | Honey’s sterile? | 蜂蜜是无菌的吗 |
[24:49] | Yes, due to its high viscosity, | 是的 因为它粘度很高 |
[24:51] | hyperosmolarity, low pH, | 高渗透压 低酸碱度 |
[24:53] | its natural ability to produce hydrogen peroxide, | 它能自己产生过氧化氢 |
[24:56] | its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. | 具有抗微生物及抗菌性 |
[24:59] | Soldiers have used honey in battle when antibiotics ran low. | 战场上抗生素不多时 士兵们都用蜂蜜代替 |
[25:02] | Great, but where would we | 很好 可是我们到哪才能 |
[25:03] | find enough honey to submerge her? | 找到足够的蜂蜜能让她泡在里面 |
[25:05] | Cousin Buzzy’s Honey Hut. | 巴兹表弟的蜂蜜小屋 |
[25:06] | One of Ralph’s field trips was there. | 拉尔夫的实地考察旅行到过那里 |
[25:07] | It’s just down the street. | 就在街那头 |
[25:08] | Kid, stay with us! | 妹子 坚持住 |
[25:10] | – A little more. – Yes, sir. Much appreciated. | -再来一点 -好的 先生 感激不尽 |
[25:14] | Cousin Buzzy’s gonna have everything ready for | 表弟巴兹在他们到的时候 |
[25:16] | when they get there. | 会准备好一切的 |
[25:16] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[25:17] | Mr. Pearce, if we can’t use ethylene oxide, | 皮尔斯先生 如果我们不能用环氧乙烷 |
[25:20] | then how are we going to sterilize this meat locker? | 那我们怎么给这间冷藏室灭菌 |
[25:22] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[25:24] | I mean, we can’t turn the whole thing into an autoclave. | 我们不能把整个地方都变成高压灭菌器 |
[25:26] | The only other option is ozone gas, and I don’t have any. | 除此之外唯一的方法就是臭氧 可我并没有 |
[25:29] | And I don’t think we have time to get some. | 我觉得也没有时间去搞臭氧了 |
[25:30] | There is a fourth way to sterilize: heat. | 还有一种灭菌方法 加热 |
[25:32] | Now, hot enough temperatures can kill bacteria and germs. | 足够高的温度能杀死所有有益菌和有害菌 |
[25:35] | One problem. It’s a freezer. | 有一个问题 这是个冷藏室 |
[25:37] | Let’s light the room on fire. | 那在房子中生火 |
[25:39] | The room’s temperature strength | 房间的温度强度 |
[25:40] | and oxidation resistance make it near-fireproof. | 以及抗氧化性让它几乎是防火的 |
[25:42] | Fire would sterilize the fridge. | 火确实能给冰箱除菌 |
[25:44] | We just need fuel we can control, | 我们需要可控的燃料 |
[25:45] | for a precise amount of flame. | 这样就能精准控制火焰的温度 |
[25:46] | I know. Cooking gel. | 我知道了 固体烹饪燃料 |
[25:48] | Every restaurant I waitressed in put those little metal cans | 我每次在餐馆做服务员上热菜时 |
[25:50] | under chaffing dishes for catering. | 都会在菜下放一个这样的小金属罐 |
[25:52] | We’d fill ’em from big buckets. | 我们从大桶中把它装满 |
[25:53] | Perfect. Now, that kind of denatured and jellied alcohol | 很好 那样的变性固体酒精 |
[25:56] | burns at a cool 185 degrees. | 能在85度的温度下燃烧 |
[25:58] | That is hot enough to kill the bacteria, | 温度足够高能杀死细菌 |
[25:59] | but not the fatal 1,100 degrees of a typical fire. | 但又不会产生有593度的致命高温火焰 |
[26:02] | Why does– well, why does temperature matter? | 为什么温度这么重要 |
[26:05] | To keep the room perfectly sterile for Ada, | 让房间为艾达保持完全无菌 |
[26:07] | she needs to be in it while it burns. | 在燃烧时她得在里面 |
[26:18] | Just got the call from Agent Gallo. | 刚接到格洛探员的电话 |
[26:20] | I figured for what you need, | 我想了想你们需要什么 |
[26:21] | you could just use this settling drum. | 你们可以用这个沉降桶 |
[26:22] | Perfect, but we need a piece of carpet, too. | 太好了 我们还需要一块地毯 |
[26:24] | -I’ll see what I can scare up. – Carpet? | -我看看有没有什么能凑合的 – 地毯呢 |
[26:26] | Well, once she takes off the suit, | 她脱下防护服时 |
[26:28] | she’ll be exposed to contaminants. | 就暴露在污染环境中了 |
[26:30] | But if we create reactive charged particles– | 除非我们能制造带电粒子反应 |
[26:32] | an ionosphere, | 也就是电离层 |
[26:33] | a force field– | 一个能排斥 |
[26:34] | then they’ll repel the bacteria and the microbes around her. | 她身边的细菌和微生物的力场 |
[26:41] | Okay, you just stand here. | 好了 你就站在这 |
[26:43] | As soon as they start sanding, | 他们一开始抛光 |
[26:44] | Paige and I will get you out. | 我和佩吉就救你出来 |
[26:47] | Ada? | 艾达 |
[26:48] | You have to trust us or you’ll die in the suit. | 你得相信我们 不然就会死在这衣服里 |
[26:51] | Okay, you’ll have your oxygen tank on the side | 好 我们把你弄到冷柜前 |
[26:52] | of this tub until we get you to the meat locker. | 会把氧气罐放在旁边 |
[26:55] | Keep your comm in your ear | 把通讯器戴好 |
[26:56] | and I will talk you through this the whole way. | 我会一直跟你说话 |
[26:58] | Paige, make sure you don’t touch her skin, | 佩吉 注意别碰她的皮肤 |
[27:00] | we can’t transfer germs. Okay, let’s do this. | 不能传染细菌 好了 开始 |
[27:15] | Okay, get in. | 好了 进去吧 |
[27:34] | Into the honey, honey. | 快进蜂蜜里 宝贝 |
[28:05] | Okay, we’re set. Let’s go. | 好 都好了 走吧 |
[28:08] | Sly, we cured the hives with hives, | 希尔 我们用蜂巢治好了荨麻疹 |
[28:10] | now it’s your turn-o to start an inferno. | 现在该你大展身手了 |
[28:13] | Affirmative! | 收到 |
[28:13] | Nearly done in here. | 这里快好了 |
[28:18] | Final results are in. | 最终结果出来了 |
[28:20] | Want me to check ’em, kid? | 要我去看看吗 小子 |
[28:21] | We both know the results. | 我们都知道结果 |
[28:23] | What we’re doing now is much more important | 我们现在做的事要比 |
[28:24] | than some dumb election. | 愚蠢的选举重要得多 |
[28:26] | West Altadenia doesn’t deserve you, kid. | 西艾萨迪尼亚配不上你 小子 |
[28:30] | I’m doing 92 in a 35! Shaving minutes off. | 限速56公里我跑了148 跟时间赛跑 |
[28:32] | You’ll be out of there soon enough, Ada! | 你很快就能出来了 艾达 |
[28:35] | I understand why you’re speeding, | 我明白你为什么开这么快 |
[28:36] | but we can’t save her if we die. | 但我们要是死了也救不了她 |
[28:38] | You know why you’re so worried? | 知道你为什么这么担心吗 |
[28:39] | She’s your friend and you are pushing so hard | 她是你朋友 你太着急了 |
[28:42] | and being a pill with all of us | 惹得大家都很着急 |
[28:43] | ’cause you don’t want to lose that friend. | 因为你不想失去这个朋友 |
[28:45] | She’s just someone from a chat room. | 她只是我在聊天室认识的人 |
[28:47] | You know, I-I’ve been trying to figure out | 我一直想弄懂 |
[28:48] | why it’s taken so long to get that guest list | 你怎么花了那么久才列好 |
[28:50] | from you for the wedding. | 婚礼的来宾名单 |
[28:51] | It’s ’cause you have no friends to invite outside of Scorpion. | 因为除了天蝎 你就没朋友可邀请了 |
[28:54] | That’s ridiculous. | 太扯了 |
[28:54] | Well, you’ve spent your whole life convinced you are incapable | 从小到大 你都觉得你自己 |
[28:57] | of friendships with humans. | 不可能结交到朋友 |
[28:59] | But you bonded with Ada. | 但你跟艾达关系密切 |
[29:00] | Whether you like it or not, you have a real, normal… | 不管你喜不喜欢 除了天蝎你还有个 |
[29:02] | non-Scorpion friend. | 真实正常的朋友 |
[29:04] | And that friend has no immune system, | 那个朋友还没有免疫系统 |
[29:06] | and a vat of honey for a home and an oxygen tank | 还得靠蜂蜜桶和氧气罐维持生命 |
[29:08] | with four minutes left on it. | 而且只剩四分钟了 |
[29:09] | And you don’t want to lose her. | 你不想失去她 |
[29:12] | Huh? See? | 瞧啊 |
[29:13] | You realized what I said was right and that you… | 你发现我说的是对的 而你 |
[29:14] | The restaurant! | 餐厅 |
[29:20] | Careful, careful. | 小心 小心 |
[29:34] | You set up the filter? | 你把过滤器安好了 |
[29:35] | Yeah, I fixed Ada’s HEPA filter a million times at home. | 对 我在家把艾达的高效微粒过滤器修好了无数次 |
[29:38] | I just followed your specs. | 我只是按照你的要求 |
[29:39] | It was easy. | 很简单 |
[29:42] | Okay, she’s ready. | 好 她可以了 |
[29:49] | Ada, I know you can’t answer me, | 艾达 我知道你没法回答 |
[29:51] | I just wanted to, uh… | 我只想… |
[29:55] | wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. | 告诉你我替你感到骄傲 |
[29:57] | You’re the toughest kid I know. | 你是我见过的最坚强的孩子 |
[30:00] | I love you, sweetheart. | 我爱你 宝贝 |
[30:07] | Okay, Ada, I’m gonna take your oxygen now. | 好 艾达 我得关掉输氧管 |
[30:09] | You need to stay in there for a full minute, | 你得在里面整整待一分钟 |
[30:11] | long enough for the fire to burn out | 好让火彻底烧尽 |
[30:12] | and for the room to fully sterilize. | 屋里能彻底灭菌 |
[30:15] | Just visualize inspecting the engine. | 想象在检查引擎 |
[30:18] | Before you know it, it’ll be time. Okay, pal? | 你还没察觉到 时间就过去了 好吗 姐妹 |
[30:22] | Take a deep breath in. | 深吸一口气 |
[30:26] | Three, two… | 三 二 |
[30:28] | one! | 一 |
[30:56] | Almost there. | 快好了 |
[30:57] | The top of the honey is hardening. | 上面的蜂蜜开始凝固了 |
[30:59] | It’s caramelizing in the fire. | 大火使蜂蜜焦糖化了 |
[31:01] | Ada, the honey surface is just thickening a little bit. | 艾达 蜂蜜表面有点凝固了 |
[31:04] | We knew this was a possibility, | 我们知道可能会这样 |
[31:05] | but you’ll be able to break through it. | 但你能冲破固体部分的 |
[31:06] | Right now, I just want you to focus on the knucklehead, | 现在你只需专心想着傻瓜引擎 |
[31:08] | run through each part of it through your mind. | 在脑子里面好好想想 |
[31:10] | Before you know it, | 你还没察觉到 |
[31:11] | this’ll be over. | 就结束了 |
[31:12] | Happy’s building up Ada’s confidence | 乐乐在给艾达打气 |
[31:14] | and keeping her mind off her worries. | 让她别担心太多 |
[31:15] | It’s textbook “Good friend” technique. | 真是教科书般的”好朋友”技巧 |
[31:18] | Geez, when this is over, | 天啊 等一切结束 |
[31:19] | I’m getting to the bottom of your latest insanity. | 我要研究一下你最近的疯狂念头 |
[31:23] | The fire’s dying down. | 火势变弱了 |
[31:24] | As soon as it’s out, David, turn on the HEPA filter | 大卫 火一灭你就打开高效微粒过滤器 |
[31:26] | and fill the room with oxygen on my go. | 听我指令 给房间供氧 |
[31:31] | Go! | 开始 |
[31:33] | Ada, ten seconds to fill the room with oxygen. | 艾达 接下来十秒将给房里供氧 |
[31:35] | Then answer this question so we know you’re all right: | 再回答我的问题确认你一切都好 |
[31:37] | in an engine, what mechanism performs a conversion between | 在引擎中 什么装置起到了 |
[31:41] | reciprocating motion and rotational motion? | 往复运动和旋转运动间的转换作用 |
[31:43] | Time! | 时间到 |
[31:44] | Ada, it’s safe. Get out now. | 艾达 安全了 快出来 |
[31:48] | Come on. | 快啊 |
[31:55] | Come on, Ada. | 快啊 艾达 |
[31:57] | Come on. | 快啊 |
[32:17] | Conversion between… | 在往复运动和 |
[32:19] | the reciprocating and rotational motion? | 旋转运动间起转换作用的是 |
[32:22] | The crankshaft. | 机轴 |
[32:24] | Attagirl. | 好姑娘 |
[32:28] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[32:30] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[32:35] | Okay, Ada. | 好的 艾达 |
[32:43] | Okay, fresh clothes, | 好了 干净衣服 |
[32:45] | air mattress, cell phone, books and a laptop. | 气垫 手机 书 电脑 |
[32:49] | All purified with an ozone sterilizer. | 都用臭氧消毒剂消过毒了 |
[32:51] | No ethylene oxide for you. | 没有环氧乙烷 |
[32:53] | I’d say, uh… you’re set. | 就是说 都帮你安顿好了 |
[32:58] | Appreciated. | 谢谢 |
[32:59] | And I reached out to the other Mecan-chicks from the chat site. | 我在聊天室里跟其他喜欢机械的妹子联系了 |
[33:03] | They all pitched in, called their friends in the area: | 她们都伸了援手 叫来了附近的朋友 |
[33:06] | mechanics, engineers, contractors. | 机械师 工程师 承包商 |
[33:08] | Your bubble and home will be fully repaired in four days. | 你家和防护罩四天就能全部修好 |
[33:12] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[33:14] | Wonderful. | 真好 |
[33:18] | Look, I… | 听着 我 |
[33:21] | I wish I could do more. | 我希望能帮你更多 |
[33:22] | More? | 更多 |
[33:25] | More than save my life? | 救我一命还不够吗 |
[33:29] | Because of you, I got to hug my dad today. | 多亏了你 我今天才能拥抱我爸 |
[33:34] | I got to feel the sun on my face. | 我才能感受阳光照在脸上的感觉 |
[33:39] | Don’t thank me. | 不用谢我 |
[33:41] | You were brave. | 你很勇敢 |
[33:43] | I was impressed. | 我很佩服你 |
[33:45] | I was just along for the ride. | 我并没有做什么特别的 |
[33:48] | You were impressive. | 我才敬佩你 |
[33:49] | Well, anything for a friend. | 为了朋友 在所不辞 |
[33:57] | I can stay. | 我可以留下来 |
[33:59] | No. | 不用了 |
[34:00] | You need to go save the world. | 你要去拯救世界 |
[34:03] | And I’ve got books in here that won’t read themselves. | 这儿有书可以看 |
[34:43] | She hasn’t moved in an hour. | 她已经一动不动一小时了 |
[34:45] | Just waiting to see if Ada will log in. | 在等艾达登录 |
[34:49] | She’s doing the right thing. | 她做得对 |
[34:52] | One cannot be a friend | 如果一方不能履行朋友的义务 |
[34:53] | if one is not available to said friend. | 就不能称为朋友 |
[34:56] | All right, that’s it. | 行了 够了 |
[34:57] | Where do you learn this nonsense? | 你从哪学的这些无稽之谈 |
[34:58] | It’s not nonsense. | 不是无稽之谈 |
[34:59] | It’s the Eight Smart Steps certain to Make You the Perfect Pal. | 是《成为绝世好友的八个步骤》 |
[35:02] | Where’d you get that, some stupid magazine? | 你在哪看的 是什么破杂志 |
[35:05] | Holy Cosmo, you’re getting relationship advice | 我的老天 你居然从超市小报上 |
[35:08] | from a supermarket checkout rag. | 获取恋爱建议 |
[35:09] | Keep it down, keep it down. | 小声点 小声点 |
[35:12] | Paige and I have been getting on better since we decided | 佩吉和我决定成为互相关心的朋友之后 |
[35:14] | to be caring friends to each other, | 我们相处得一直很融洽 |
[35:15] | but I was concerned that I would | 但我担心 |
[35:17] | eventually do something to mess that up, | 我最终还是会做出破坏关系的事 |
[35:19] | so I did research to avoid that. | 所以我就做了研究避免这种事发生 |
[35:21] | The New England Journal of Medicine is research. | 《新英格兰医学期刊》才叫研究 |
[35:23] | You read a periodical with pictures of One Direction. | 你读的杂志上还印单向乐队的照片 |
[35:26] | Walter, I finished connecting the new circuitry you asked for. | 沃特 你让我做的电路我连好了 |
[35:29] | It works great. | 很好用 |
[35:29] | Wow, thank you. | 多谢 |
[35:36] | My chair’s fixed. | 我椅子修好了 |
[35:37] | Oh, yeah. It was just a broken insert-peg. | 是啊 里面的一颗螺钉坏了 |
[35:40] | I replaced it with some scrap metal from Happy’s workstation. | 我用乐乐工作台上的废金属做了个新的换了 |
[35:44] | Thank you, Walter. What a nice surprise. | 谢了 沃特 真没想到 |
[35:45] | I have another. | 还有个惊喜 |
[35:47] | It’s a virtual reality headset. | 虚拟现实眼镜 |
[35:49] | So when you’re on with Tim, | 你跟蒂姆视频的时候 |
[35:51] | it will be a much more realistic experience. | 体验就会更加真实 |
[35:53] | The distance won’t seem as far. | 就不会觉得相距那么远了 |
[35:55] | I-I appreciate it, but… | 我很感激 但是 |
[35:57] | I don’t think it’ll help. | 这帮不上什么忙 |
[35:59] | Tim took the promotion because we | 蒂姆同意晋升是因为 |
[36:02] | both realize it isn’t gonna work out between us. | 我们都认为我们之间是不可能的 |
[36:05] | Oh. Sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[36:08] | I… | 我 |
[36:09] | I’ll give you some space. | 我让你一个人静静 |
[36:11] | Walter. | 沃特 |
[36:13] | I know… | 我知道 |
[36:15] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你这是怎么回事 |
[36:17] | Being a good listener, giving me space, | 做个好听众 给我空间 |
[36:18] | being understanding. | 善解人意 |
[36:19] | Wait, did you hear us both talking? | 等等 你刚才听到我们说话了吗 |
[36:22] | Because, just because I got… I got it from a ladies magazine | 因为 这些是我从女性杂志上看到的 |
[36:24] | doesn’t mean I’m not sincere. | 但并不代表我不真诚 |
[36:26] | I-I didn’t, I didn’t hear anything. | 我没有 我没听到 |
[36:28] | But I appreciate you trying. | 不过很感谢你乐于尝试 |
[36:30] | And I-I do feel like you’re being sincere. | 我也认为你是真心的 |
[36:36] | Well, um… sincerely, | 说实话 |
[36:40] | I am sorry that you’re sad about Tim. | 我真的很遗憾你对蒂姆的事那么伤心 |
[36:55] | Hey, what were you guys doing | 你们俩在后面打电话 |
[36:55] | out back on the phone? | 说了什么 |
[36:57] | We called the vet I shook-wiped earlier to apologize. | 我们给之前握手之后擦手的老兵打电话道歉 |
[37:00] | He took no offense; he doesn’t like sweaty palms either. | 他没有觉得被冒犯 他也不喜欢握汗手 |
[37:03] | That’s not all he said. | 他不止说了这些 |
[37:05] | He told us how he used to go to the Warlock’s Chest storefront | 他说他之前常去”魔法师之胸” |
[37:08] | when it was a grocery. | 当时那里还是个杂货铺 |
[37:10] | Turns out the building is 90 years old. | 他发现那栋建筑已经有90年历史了 |
[37:12] | Old enough to fall under the auspices | 这么长的历史足以受到 |
[37:13] | of the Historic Zoning Commission, | 历史分区规划委员会的保护 |
[37:15] | so I am filing papers to prevent its destruction. | 所以我提交材料保护它不被拆除 |
[37:18] | We may have lost the war, but Sly won the battle. | 我们输了这场战争 但希尔赢了这仗 |
[37:22] | Speaking of elections… | 说到选举 |
[37:32] | How’s Sly doing? | 希尔怎么样了 |
[37:34] | I feel just awful about the veteran thing. | 老兵的事我真的很难过 |
[37:38] | He has perspective. | 他有自己的看法 |
[37:39] | But your boss is a real S.O.B. | 不过你老板可真是个混蛋 |
[37:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:43] | I can’t believe he made me put that online. | 他居然逼我把视频传上网 |
[37:45] | You put that online? | 是你传上去的 |
[37:48] | I didn’t want to. | 我不想那么做 |
[37:50] | He made me. I… | 他逼我的 我 |
[37:54] | I need my job, Cabe. | 我得保住工作 凯布 |
[37:58] | I know. I get it, but… | 我知道 我理解 但是 |
[38:00] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[38:02] | All these kids, they’re my kids. | 这些孩子们 他们都是我的孩子 |
[38:06] | And they may be brilliant, but they learn from me, too. | 他们也许才华横溢 但他们也把我当做榜样 |
[38:09] | And I can’t get them to understand a concept like loyalty | 如果我和找他们麻烦的人在一起 |
[38:12] | if I’m spending time with someone | 那我无法让他们理解 |
[38:14] | who went after one of the team. | 像忠诚一词的含义 |
[38:16] | Even if I did it unwillingly? | 即使我不是出于自愿 |
[38:20] | I like you, Allie. | 我喜欢你 艾莉 |
[38:23] | But I can’t pretend you didn’t do what you did. | 但你的所作所为我不能当没发生 |
[38:28] | So now… | 所以现在 |
[38:31] | we’re done? | 我们结束了 |
[38:37] | I think so. | 没错 |
[38:42] | It’s because you’re this kind of guy | 就是因为你这样的为人 |
[38:43] | that I was attracted to you in the first place. | 我才会被你所吸引 |
[38:49] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[38:53] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[38:57] | Good-bye, Cabe. | 再见 凯布 |
[39:09] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不必这么做 |
[39:11] | Course I did. | 我必须得这样 |
[39:15] | She was a heck of a girl, though. | 不过 她真是个了不起的女人 |
[39:18] | Sheesh. | 我的天 |
[39:20] | The days normally end on a much higher note around here. | 一般结束时都更开心的 |
[39:23] | Yeah, well, I got a kid who’s sitting alone in a meat freezer, | 没错 我这有个独自一人待在冷冻室的孩子 |
[39:25] | and Cabe and Paige have broken hearts, | 而凯布和佩吉心被伤透了 |
[39:27] | so what would you prescribe, Doc? | 你有什么良方吗 医生 |
[39:31] | Oh! Ralphy-boy. Find the disco ball! | 拉尔夫 把迪斯科球找出来 |
[39:42] | Spiked punch. Just like a real prom. | 潘趣酒 就和真正的毕业舞会一样 |
[39:46] | Like you’d know. | 好像你去过似的 |
[39:47] | Don’t drink the punch, Ralph. | 别喝那酒 拉尔夫 |
[39:49] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[39:50] | Yeah. Uh, my dad just gave me the VR headset, | 准备好了 我爸把虚拟现实设备给我了 |
[39:52] | totally purified. | 消过毒了 |
[39:54] | Thank you for doing this. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[39:55] | Toby, she’s ready. Get it in gear. | 托比 她准备好了 准备开始吧 |
[39:57] | Uno momento. | 稍等一下 |
[39:59] | Can I talk to Ada for a moment? | 我能和艾达说句话吗 |
[40:00] | Yeah. | 好 |
[40:01] | Ada? Um, I’ve been brain-storming preliminary code | 艾达 我已经在大脑中设想了预编码 |
[40:04] | and I believe that I can create an algorithm | 我相信我能创造一种算法 |
[40:07] | to compress worldwide genetic data in such a manner | 对全球遗传数据进行浓缩 以这种方式 |
[40:10] | that even if there is | 即使外面只有一个 |
[40:12] | only one bone marrow match out there for you, | 和你的骨髓匹配 |
[40:15] | I will find it. | 也会被我发现的 |
[40:17] | Now, it might take four months or five months, | 这可能要花上四到五个月的时间 |
[40:19] | or maybe even double that or even triple that, | 或者可能需要两倍到三倍的时间 |
[40:21] | but it will not take forever. | 但总会算出来的 |
[40:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:27] | Hey. You still there? | 你还在听吗 |
[40:28] | Yep. | 在 |
[40:29] | Good, ’cause there’s one more clown that wants to talk to you. | 很好 因为还有个蠢货想和你说话 |
[40:31] | Put your headset on. | 把设备戴上 |
[40:37] | Whoa, guys. | 伙计们 |
[40:38] | Th-This is incredible! | 这 这太棒了 |
[40:41] | Might I have the honor of this dance? | 我能赏光请你跳支舞吗 |
[40:47] | Anything for a fellow germophobe. | 为洁癖同胞甘愿赴汤蹈火 |
[41:17] | You know, we’re doing all this for a girl | 你知道我们做的一切都是为了一个 |
[41:19] | who’d give anything to go to the beach. | 为去海滩甘愿放弃一切的女孩 |
[41:22] | You can’t live in a genius bubble forever, Ralph. | 你不能在天才的保护罩中待一辈子 拉尔夫 |
[41:25] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:26] | I’ll go on the class trip. | 我会参加班级出游的 |
[41:28] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[41:29] | Now save the next dance for me, huh? | 和我跳下一支舞 怎么样 |
[41:41] | Leave it to me to make the one friend | 我偏偏交了一个 |
[41:42] | I can’t invite to my wedding. | 无法参加我婚礼的朋友 |
[41:45] | You really think that you can get her | 你真觉得有一天你能 |
[41:46] | out of that bubble one day? | 带她走出保护罩吗 |
[41:48] | I do. | 没错 |
[41:50] | I’ll have to defeat human nature, | 我必须战胜人性 |
[41:52] | and genetics are the basis for human nature, | 而基因是人性的根本所在 |
[41:54] | so human nature’s hard to change. | 所以人性很难改变 |
[41:57] | You made great progress with that today. | 你今天有很大的进步 |
[42:00] | You seem to be trying, too. | 你似乎也在努力去做 |
[42:03] | Still, it’s a billion to one shot. | 不过 希望仍然渺茫 |
[42:04] | The fact that you, me, | 事实是你 我 |
[42:06] | Toby, Sly are functioning in society, | 托比 希尔能在这社会中生存 |
[42:09] | helping people, | 帮助他人 |
[42:11] | we’re living a billion to one shot | 我们就是奇迹 |
[42:15] | Ada’s gonna be just fine. | 艾迪会没事的 |
[42:31] | All right, ready for the razzle-dazzle? | 好了 准备来点花样吗 |
[42:33] | Okay! All right. You know what– | 好的 要不这样吧 |
[42:34] | I’m done. Someone else’s turn! | 我不干了 换别人来吧 |
[42:36] | Shh! Don’t break the fantasy. | 小点声 别破坏气氛 |