时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I still don’t get why we’re here. | 我还是不懂我们来干吗 |
[00:04] | We’ve been over this, Doc. | 我们说过了 医生 |
[00:06] | Last week, you had to tell me I had made a friend. | 上周 你还得告诉我我交到了朋友 |
[00:09] | Let me repeat that: I didn’t know I had a friend. | 我重复一遍 我不知道我有朋友 |
[00:12] | Got me thinking, maybe I’m a little closed, | 我不禁思考 或许是我太自闭了 |
[00:14] | and that’s not the best way for us | 我们就这样开始新生活 |
[00:15] | to start our new life together. | 不太好 |
[00:17] | If our marriage is gonna work, I need to be able | 我们的婚姻若想成功 我得能 |
[00:19] | to express myself better. | 更好地表达自己 |
[00:20] | Understood. But I am a world class behaviourist. | 了解 但我可是世界级的行为学专家 |
[00:24] | If you want premarital counseling | 如果你需要婚前咨询 |
[00:25] | -I could… – No. | -我可以… -不行 |
[00:26] | We need a third party. | 我们得找第三方 |
[00:28] | Okay, all right, we see a therapist. But… | 好吧 那我们找咨询师 |
[00:31] | does it have to be him? | 但非得找他吗 |
[00:34] | I’m just tickled you thought of me. | 我很高兴你们想到了我 |
[00:36] | Dr. Cecil is the man for the job. | 西塞尔医生是最合适的人选 |
[00:38] | He helped you and Walt harmonize last year. | 他去年协调了你和沃特的关系 |
[00:41] | He picked up on the fact we were secretly dating, | 他发现了我们在秘密约会的事 |
[00:43] | put it out there so that the team could deal. | 而且说了出来 让大家面对 |
[00:45] | If it wasn’t for him, we might not even be getting married, | 要不是他 我们可能都不会结婚 |
[00:48] | so suck it up and let’s do this. | 忍忍吧 我们好好咨询 |
[00:50] | Man’s a doctor like Crunch is a captain. | 他这个医生就像早餐谷物盒上的卡通”船长” |
[00:53] | His alma matter has “Dot com” in the name. | 他的母校名字里有”.com”字样 |
[00:55] | Tobias, what matters here is not matriculation. | 托拜厄斯 我进的哪所学校并不重要 |
[00:57] | What matters here is ramification, I.E. the outcome. | 重要的是我学到了什么 即结果 |
[01:00] | Yes. But all that comes out of your mouth is B.S. | 是啊 但你说的都是屁话 |
[01:04] | That’s your inner child talking, and he’s rude. | 那是住在你内心的小孩说的话 他好粗鲁 |
[01:08] | Now you both filled out | 你们都填写了 |
[01:09] | my pre-session questionnaire. | 我的咨询问卷 |
[01:11] | Though Tobias’s seemed to be mostly creative suggestions | 托拜厄斯的答案大多颇具创意地建议 |
[01:14] | for where I could shove my paperwork. | 我该把问卷塞哪儿 |
[01:17] | Miss Quinn, on the other hand, | 但是奎恩小姐 |
[01:18] | took my assignment seriously. | 则认真对待我的作业 |
[01:21] | Seems your challenging childhood | 看来你艰难的童年 |
[01:25] | may have left you a little, uh… | 或许让你有点… |
[01:27] | “Emotionally stingy.” | “对感情小心翼翼” |
[01:29] | She’s not stingy with her emotions. | 她才没有 |
[01:30] | She is particular as to when she shares them. | 她只是对什么时候表达情绪很挑剔 |
[01:33] | Happy, are you, uh, untrusting? | 乐乐 你是不是不轻信别人 |
[01:35] | No. She’s discerning. | 不 她是有识辩能力 |
[01:36] | Quick to anger? | 容易发火 |
[01:37] | She’s fiery. | 她是有火气 |
[01:39] | She’s my spicy Asian noodle. | 她是我的辣子面 |
[01:40] | The, uh, problem here is crystal clear. | 问题非常清晰 |
[01:43] | Wow, you’re seriously gonna try | 你真要靠两页问卷 |
[01:44] | to identify Happy’s pathology from a two-page questionnaire? | 就来给乐乐做病理诊断吗 |
[01:47] | Tobias, it’s not Miss Quinn’s pathology I’m identifying. | 托拜厄斯 我要诊断的不是奎恩小姐的问题 |
[01:50] | It’s yours. | 是你的 |
[01:52] | Mine? | 我的 |
[01:53] | Sweet. Your fault. | 太棒了 怪你 |
[01:55] | You refuse to see | 你拒绝看到 |
[01:56] | any of Miss Quinn’s flaws. You put her on a pedestal. | 奎恩小姐的任何缺点 你把她捧得太高 |
[01:59] | He’s right. You do. | 他说得对 你是这样 |
[02:00] | You think I’m really great. | 你觉得我超棒 |
[02:02] | And that’s bad? | 这是坏事吗 |
[02:03] | Happy can’t open up, bare her soul, | 乐乐无法敞开心扉 赤诚相待 |
[02:05] | if she feels she won’t be given an honest assessment | 是因为她觉得没有人能诚实地 |
[02:09] | of her true self. | 评价真实的她 |
[02:10] | Why share her intimate thoughts and feelings | 她为什么要把私密的想法和情绪告诉你 |
[02:13] | if all she gets back from you | 如果你只会反馈给她 |
[02:14] | is surface-level pabulum? | 肤浅的鸡汤 |
[02:17] | I am honest with her. | 我对她很诚实 |
[02:18] | I honestly think she’s wonderful. | 我真心认为她很棒 |
[02:21] | Let’s test that hypothesis. | 我们来测试下这个假设 |
[02:24] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[02:25] | I call it the Bicker Clicker. | 我称之为吵架计数器 |
[02:27] | Patent pending. | 正在申请专利 |
[02:31] | How does it work? | 怎么用 |
[02:32] | Every time you say or do something | 每当你说的话或做的事 |
[02:34] | that should cause you two to bicker, | 本该引发矛盾 |
[02:37] | he hits the clicker. | 他就按计数器 |
[02:38] | It keeps count. We get back together, | 它会计数 等我们再回来 |
[02:40] | review the numbers, see where we are. | 看下数字 再来讨论 |
[02:42] | We’re gonna be at zero, because everything she does delights me. | 结果会是零的 她做什么都让我开心 |
[02:46] | Let me ask you something, how do you feel | 我问问你 你对乐乐拖你 |
[02:47] | about Happy dragging you here to see me? | 来见我是什么感觉 |
[03:06] | “Timothy Armstrong Commemorative Greenhouse”? | 蒂莫西·阿姆斯特朗纪念温室 |
[03:08] | Thought I’d name my new hydroponic greenhouse in honor of Tim. | 我想把我的新水栽温室冠以蒂姆之名 |
[03:11] | This being his old office and all. | 这里本是他的办公室嘛 |
[03:15] | I got one. | 长出来一个 |
[03:23] | And I think you’re being overly critical. | 我觉得你太苛刻了 |
[03:25] | I’m not being critical. | 我没有 |
[03:27] | Just think that Dr. Rizzuto should live on a pond | 只是觉得瑞祖托医生该住在池塘里 |
[03:29] | and we should throw bread at him, ’cause he’s a quack. | 然后我们该冲他丢面包 因为他是庸医 |
[03:32] | Oh, look! | 看啊 |
[03:33] | They’re doing something distracting. | 他们在做什么能分神的事 |
[03:34] | Let’s us see what that is. | 我们去看看吧 |
[03:35] | I’m about to test my Sandwich Plane-Tiling Hypothesis! | 我正要测试我的三明治全铺假设 |
[03:38] | I can’t miss this. | 不容错过 |
[03:39] | All my life, I have been trying to solve | 我这辈子都在努力解决 |
[03:42] | “Square bread versus round tomato.” | “番茄圆而面包方”的问题 |
[03:45] | How to get total bread coverage | 要如何在不重叠西红柿片的情况下 |
[03:46] | without overlapping the tomato slices, | 让面包完全被西红柿覆盖 |
[03:49] | which has been impossible | 而这是不可能的 |
[03:50] | because circles on a square in the Euclidean plane | 因为在欧几里得平面上用圆盖方 |
[03:52] | have a maximum packing density | 最大堆积密度 |
[03:54] | of .9069. | 是0.9069 |
[03:56] | So, the solution was to think outside of the box | 所以 解法必须别具匠心 |
[03:59] | by growing my tomatoes inside a box. | 那就是用方箱栽培西红柿 |
[04:03] | Think you have too much time on your hands | 我觉得竞选结束后 |
[04:04] | now that the election’s over. | 你太闲了 |
[04:06] | Quiet. This is important. | 安静 这很重要 |
[04:07] | Says the inventor of the world’s stupidest hot dog. | 世上最蠢的热狗发明者如是说 |
[04:10] | Everything is stupid to you today. | 你今天看什么都不顺眼 |
[04:12] | Hot dogs, going to Dr. Rizzuto… | 热狗 去见瑞祖托医生 |
[04:17] | There’s still some small gaps here. | 还留了点儿小缝呢 |
[04:19] | Yeah, the round edges are a problem. | 西红柿的圆边是个问题 |
[04:21] | Maybe you should try to cover the bread with one big tomato slice. | 或许你该试试用一大块西红柿片盖住面包 |
[04:24] | Yes. | 有道理 |
[04:25] | Beef up the nutrient slurry in the hydroponics, | 我可以增加水培养液里的营养成分 |
[04:27] | and make version 2.0 a super-tomato. | 种一个升级版超级番茄 |
[04:31] | I need measurements. | 我得量下尺寸 |
[04:35] | Let me just show you on the computer? | 能不能让我拿电脑给你看看 |
[04:37] | Fine. Go ahead. | 好吧 来看看 |
[04:39] | I just think it’s unnecessary. | 只是我觉得没必要 |
[04:40] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[04:41] | Oh, Ralph wants to change his look, | 拉尔夫想改变下形象 |
[04:43] | go to a salon, get a real haircut. | 去沙龙 换个发型 |
[04:45] | Real haircuts happen in barber shops, not salons. | 换发型应该去理发店 而不是沙龙 |
[04:49] | Where does he get his hair cut now? | 他现在是去哪里剪头发 |
[04:50] | Oh, I do it. I just put the blue bowl over his head and trim. | 是我剪 拿那个蓝碗盖着 然后开始剪 |
[04:56] | I wash it afterwards. | 之后会洗的 |
[04:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[04:59] | I created a program which allows me | 我做了一个程序 |
[05:01] | to digitally try out new hairstyles. | 可以用电脑模拟出新发型 |
[05:04] | – Cool. – Let me see this! | -挺酷 -我看看 |
[05:07] | How about… this one? | 不如试试 这个 |
[05:11] | You look like every hockey player in 1992. | 你看起来就像1992年的冰球运动员 |
[05:13] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不要 |
[05:14] | Oh, try this. | 试试这个 |
[05:20] | Flock of Seagulls. | 海鸥群乐队 |
[05:21] | It’s an odd style, yes, | 这风格是有点奇怪 |
[05:23] | but it doesn’t look like a single bird, | 但这个看起来并不像一只海鸥 |
[05:24] | much less a large number of them. | 更不像一群海鸥 |
[05:26] | I don’t get it either. | 我也不懂 |
[05:27] | Don’t worry, Ralph. You’re too young and he’s too Walter. | 别担心 拉尔夫 你还小 他可是沃特 |
[05:30] | Give me this. | 给我 |
[05:31] | Thank you. Let me see… | 谢谢 我来看看… |
[05:35] | Oops. | 糟糕 |
[05:36] | Oh. Evil genius. | 邪恶天才 |
[05:40] | What’s the matter with you? | 你这是怎么了 |
[05:42] | Don’t like turning Ralph into digital Wooly Willy? | 不想让拉尔夫变成数据版变脸威利吗 |
[05:44] | No, it’s just Ralph never cared about his hair or what he wore | 不是 只是拉尔夫从未在乎过发型和穿着 |
[05:47] | or anything like that before. | 或是其他这方面的东西 |
[05:49] | He starts conforming, he’s not gonna be his true self anymore. | 他开始适应社会 不再只做真实的自己 |
[05:51] | I guess I just don’t want | 我大概只是不希望 |
[05:52] | my sweet little genius to be corrupted by the outside world. | 我可爱的小天才被外面的世界污染 |
[05:58] | Look, Mom, I have Walter’s hair. | 妈你看 我剪了沃特的发型 |
[06:01] | And… Happy. | 还有乐乐的 |
[06:05] | And “The Toby.” | 还有托比的 |
[06:07] | Wow. Nobody looks good in that hat. | 谁戴那个帽子都不好看 |
[06:13] | For insulting the hat? | 就因为我吐槽帽子吗 |
[06:14] | The hat and I are one. | 我跟帽子异体同心 |
[06:16] | Look, I’m Cabe. | 我变成凯布了 |
[06:18] | Looking good, kid. | 挺帅啊 小子 |
[06:25] | Agent Gallo. | 我是格洛探员 |
[06:29] | Did you see how he checked that caller ID? | 你注意到他看来电显示的样子没 |
[06:31] | He was hoping it was Allie. | 他希望是艾莉打来的 |
[06:32] | Cabe and Allie broke up on the same day | 凯布和艾莉分手那天 |
[06:34] | as you and Tim; You’re fine. | 你跟蒂姆也分了 可你没事 |
[06:35] | I knew that relationship was ending. | 我早知道那段感情要完了 |
[06:37] | Cabe and Allie just got started. | 但凯布和艾莉才刚刚开始 |
[06:39] | He’s taking it hard. | 他很难接受 |
[06:40] | I carpooled with him this morning. | 我今天早上跟他拼了车 |
[06:41] | All we listened to was Patsy Cline’s “Crazy” | 全程只听了佩茜·克莱恩的《疯狂》[60 年代] |
[06:43] | on repeat. | 单曲循环 |
[06:44] | Who’s Patsy Cline? | 佩茜·克莱恩是谁 |
[06:45] | Oh, she was the lead singer of Flock of Seagulls. | 她曾是海鸥群乐队的主唱 |
[06:49] | All right, listen up! We’ve got a case. | 听我说 来案子了 |
[06:51] | The client’s gonna be here in ten minutes. | 客户十分钟后就到 |
[06:54] | This is good. | 这是好事 |
[06:55] | Give Cabe something to take his mind off of Allie. | 可以把凯布的心思从艾莉身上移走 |
[06:57] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道 |
[06:58] | There’s more gossip in this place than a high school. | 这地方的八卦之风刮得比高中还猛 |
[07:00] | At least, I assume so. I take college classes. | 应该是 我猜的 我直接上的大学 |
[07:03] | Part-time. You’re still in the sixth grade and your carpool | 业余时间而已 你还在读六年级 |
[07:05] | will be here any minute. Go get ready. | 拼车马上就到 去收拾吧 |
[07:09] | This is Dr. Isabella Silva | 这位是伊莎贝拉·席尔瓦医生 |
[07:11] | of the World Health Organization. | 来自世界卫生组织 |
[07:13] | Give her your full attention. | 全神贯注听她讲 |
[07:14] | What do you know about Marari? | 你们对马拉里了解多少 |
[07:16] | It’s a virus spreading through the Amazon rainforest region | 马拉里是一种病毒 在南美洲 |
[07:19] | of South America and thousands are infected. | 亚马逊雨林肆虐 已有数千人感染 |
[07:21] | Yes, and the mathematical models | 没错 数学模型显示 |
[07:23] | show that the number of dead could quintuple by the end of next week. | 下周末前 死亡人数可能会翻五倍 |
[07:25] | The differential equations | 看来他们用的微分方程没问题 |
[07:27] | they’re using are sound– this is bad. | 情况不妙 |
[07:29] | And some of those infected will get onto airplanes | 有些感染者会上飞机 |
[07:31] | – and before you know it… – Pandemic. | -我们还来不及反应 -就会遍布全国 |
[07:33] | Marari is a muy bad way to give up the ghost. | 死于马拉里病毒非常痛苦 |
[07:35] | It starts with fever and it heads south quickly. | 先是发烧 接着情况急转直下 |
[07:37] | If you’re lucky, delirium sets in | 如果幸运的话 会精神失常 |
[07:38] | so you don’t notice so much while your insides liquefy. | 自身内脏溶解时就没多少感觉了 |
[07:41] | – What is the cure? – There isn’t one. | -解药是什么 -没有解药 |
[07:42] | That’s where we come in. | 所以需要我们出手 |
[07:43] | Your government told us about the DNA device you developed | 你们政府说你们研发出了一种DNA仪器 |
[07:46] | to match genetic samples in the field. | 不在实验室也能匹配基因样品 |
[07:48] | Yes. We used it to identify a war criminal in Cuba. | 对 我们用来查过古巴的一名战犯 |
[07:50] | Can you use it to run a more in-depth analysis? | 你们能不能用它来做更深的分析 |
[07:53] | Elaborate. | 此话怎讲 |
[07:53] | Marari started in primates; | 马拉里病毒出现于灵长类动物 |
[07:55] | it’s killed thousands of them. | 已经害死了数千只 |
[07:56] | But we’ve identified a rare endangered monkey species | 但我们发现了一群濒危的稀有猴子物种 |
[07:59] | called the Humboldt Capuchin whose show no ill effects from the virus; | 名叫洪堡白面卷尾猴 它们并未表现出症状 |
[08:02] | we believe it is immune. | 我们认为它们免疫 |
[08:03] | You want us to identify and isolate the gene responsible | 你是要我们找出它们体内的免疫基因 |
[08:06] | for that immunity so that a cure can be created? | 从而研发出解药 |
[08:08] | It’s just additional calculations. | 其实就是让程序多运行几步 |
[08:10] | It’s quite basic, really; at least it is for me. | 其实很基础 最起码我这么觉得 |
[08:11] | I can code it into our device’s software. | 可以编进我们设备的软件中 |
[08:13] | It does no good | 这样没用 |
[08:14] | if we can’t get our hands on one of those rare monkeys. | 除非我们能遇到这种稀有猴子 |
[08:16] | Actually a trapper managed to catch one | 其实昨天晚上一位猎人 |
[08:18] | deep in the jungle last night. | 在丛林深处捉到了一只 |
[08:20] | They’re trucking it to a remote airfield | 他们正在将其运往 |
[08:22] | in the small Amazonian rainforest country | 亚马逊雨林深处 |
[08:24] | of Rhondon as we speak. We need to hustle down there, | 龙顿一个小国的机场 我们得赶紧过去 |
[08:27] | and test this monkey for the Marari virus | 趁现在还没扩散 |
[08:29] | before it spreads any more. | 测试猴子身上有无马拉里病毒 |
[08:30] | If you can confirm this monkey | 如果你们能证实这只猴子就是关键 |
[08:32] | is the linchpin, the W.H.O. Scientists can create a vaccine. | 世卫组织的科学家就可以制造出疫苗 |
[08:35] | Okay. We’ll grab our gear. | 好 拿上设备出发 |
[08:36] | Uh, quick sidebar. | 聊两句 很快 |
[08:42] | There is a reason explorers call | 探险家称亚马逊为 |
[08:43] | the Amazon “The Green Hell.” | “绿色地狱”是有道理的 |
[08:45] | It is an unforgiving place | 这是个无情的地方 |
[08:46] | filled with the most deadly creatures on earth. | 充满了地球上最致命的生物 |
[08:49] | Everything there wants to bite, | 里面的所有东西都想咬你 |
[08:51] | sting, slash, crush, poison, | 蛰你 打你 压扁你 毒你 |
[08:53] | infect or otherwise murder you. | 传染你 不然就是要你的命 |
[08:57] | But I can handle that. | 但是我能行的 |
[08:58] | I mean, you guys made me catch a snake a few weeks back | 几周之前你们让我到沙漠里去捕蛇 |
[09:01] | in the desert and I did that. | 我做到了 |
[09:02] | You saved my life. | 你救了我的命 |
[09:05] | – So what’s the problem? – Monkey. | -所以问题出在哪儿 -猴子 |
[09:07] | I have a legitimate phobia | 我对一种叫做食蟹猕猴的 |
[09:09] | of the primate we call Macaca fascicularis. | 灵长类动物有恐惧症 这很合理 |
[09:12] | Your phobia is a load of Macaca. | 你对各种猕猴都有恐惧症 |
[09:14] | I am terrified of monkeys. | 我怕猴子 |
[09:15] | I nearly blew everything in Djibouti last year | 去年在吉布提 就因为一只小毛猴 |
[09:18] | because of one of those furry vine swingers. | 我差点折在那儿 |
[09:21] | I can’t go. | 我不能去 |
[09:22] | I’m gonna freak out and put the entire mission at risk. | 我会吓死的 害这个任务失败 |
[09:25] | Well, you are in luck, ya big baby, | 你个巨婴运气不错 |
[09:26] | because we actually need you here. | 这里还真需要你 |
[09:28] | – Explain. – I’m not sure if I can soup up | -解释解释 -移动设备的运算能力 |
[09:30] | the DNA scanner hardware to do that much heavy lifting. | 不一定能调整到那么高 |
[09:33] | The garage’s computer power would work better. | 车库的计算机电源效果好得多 |
[09:36] | So we get a sample from the monkey, | 所以说我们就在猴子身上采集一份样本 |
[09:38] | upload the data, Sly runs the test | 上传数据 希尔来做测试 |
[09:39] | to see if there are any anti-viral proteins | 看其中是否含有能让猴子免疫的 |
[09:41] | that could be making the monkey immune. | 抗病毒蛋白质 |
[09:43] | What might take hours in the jungle | 在丛林里要干好几个小时的活儿 |
[09:45] | could be done here in seconds. | 在这里可能几秒钟就完成了 |
[09:46] | Thank you, Happy, | 谢谢你救我 乐乐 |
[09:47] | for saving me from unwanted monkey business. | 我不用和猴子一起胡闹了 |
[09:49] | – Chicken. – Scared of those, too. | -胆小如鸡 -我也怕鸡 |
[09:51] | Okay, Sly stays. Rest of us, time’s wasting, | 好吧希尔留下 其他人别浪费时间了 |
[09:54] | lives are on the line — let’s go. | 命悬一线 快走吧 |
[09:58] | E.T.A. on the truck carrying the monkey is any minute. | 预计运猴子的卡车随时会到 |
[10:01] | Let’s get set up to run the test. | 我们把设备装好准备测试吧 |
[10:02] | I noticed a lot of bare patches in the jungle | 在飞机上的时候 我注意到 |
[10:04] | when we were flying in. | 丛林里有很多裸地 |
[10:05] | I thought the Amazon was lush. | 我以为亚马逊雨林里树木会很茂盛呢 |
[10:06] | Illegal logging. | 因为非法采伐 |
[10:07] | A total area the size of Germany | 过去四十年间 被摧毁的雨林面积 |
[10:09] | has been decimated over the last 40 years. | 抵得上一个德国 |
[10:11] | The world’s losing over 100 animal, plant and insect species per day. | 每天世界都有百余种动植物和昆虫消失 |
[10:14] | And with them goes potential disease cures. | 没了它们 治愈疾病的药也做不成了 |
[10:17] | A quarter of western pharmaceuticals | 西药有四分之一 |
[10:19] | have sources in the rainforest, | 来源于热带雨林 |
[10:21] | and only one percent of the plants here have been tested. | 而雨林中只有百分之一的植物经过了测试 |
[10:23] | That means minute, every day, | 这意味着每天每分每秒 |
[10:25] | we could be losing the cure for cancer… who knows? | 我们都可能失去癌症解药 谁知道呢 |
[10:27] | Not to mention, | 更不用说 |
[10:28] | over 20% of the world’s oxygen | 世界上百分之二十的氧气 |
[10:30] | comes from the rainforest. | 都是雨林产生的 |
[10:32] | And the more of this we lose, | 我们失去的雨林越多 |
[10:33] | the less O2 and the more CO2 we get. | 氧气就越少 二氧化碳越多 |
[10:35] | Who’s cutting down all the trees? | 是谁在砍伐这些树木 |
[10:36] | Here in Rhondon, it’s mostly a multinational logging company. | 在龙顿这里 主要是一家跨国木材公司 |
[10:39] | Rainforest hardwood | 在国际市场上 |
[10:40] | gets big bucks in the international market. | 雨林硬木材很赚钱 |
[10:42] | Locals have been | 当地人在反抗 |
[10:43] | fighting back, moving into and occupying the work camps | 伐木工人外出伐木的时候 |
[10:45] | while the loggers are out cutting trees. | 当地人会搬进他们的工作营 占领那里 |
[10:47] | The corporation has started hiring armed mercenaries. | 这家企业就开始请武装雇佣兵 |
[10:50] | I was reading up on the Amazon on the flight in. | 来时飞机上我详细研究了一下亚马逊雨林 |
[10:52] | The local sloths have lost 90% of their habitat due to logging. | 由于伐木当地的树懒失去了九成栖息地 |
[10:56] | Poor little guys. | 可怜的小家伙 |
[10:59] | You know they mate for life? | 你知道他们一生只有一个配偶吗 |
[11:01] | Which means there’s gonna be a lot of ’em left alone, | 这意味着很多树懒会形单影只 |
[11:03] | hanging upside down, | 倒挂在树上 |
[11:04] | all by themselves, waiting to die… | 孤独终老 等待死亡 |
[11:07] | Listening to Patsy Cline. | 听着佩茜·克莱恩的歌 |
[11:17] | They ambushed us! | 我们被他们偷袭了 |
[11:18] | – Who, Thiago? – Loggers’ hired thugs. | -谁干的 蒂亚戈吗 -伐木工雇了打手 |
[11:20] | – They shot our trapper! – Oh, man. | -他们射伤了我们的捕猎人 -天啊 |
[11:21] | That the guy who caught the monkey? | 就是捉猴子的人吗 |
[11:23] | He also caught a round to the torso! | 他身上也中弹了 |
[11:25] | Gunshot wound. | 枪伤 |
[11:26] | Mid-clavicular line, left fifth intercostal space. | 锁骨中线 第五肋间隙位置 |
[11:28] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[11:29] | Means if we don’t get him to a hospital, he’s dead. | 意思是如果不送他去医院 他就会死 |
[11:32] | I’ll take him on the helicopter, | 我带他上直升机 |
[11:33] | send it back for you ASAP. | 尽快把直升机给你们送回来 |
[11:35] | – Where’d the monkey go? – I was off road, | -猴子哪去了 -我驶离了公路 |
[11:37] | trying to get away, and the cage got smashed open. | 想逃跑 笼子被砸开了 |
[11:39] | – He escaped? – We have to find it. | -猴子逃走了吗 -我们得找到它 |
[11:41] | – How are we supposed to do that? – She’s right. It’s one monkey | -怎么找 -她说的对 一只猴子 |
[11:44] | in a vast and hostile jungle, and the only person with a clue | 逃进广阔危险的丛林 唯一有办法 |
[11:46] | how to trap and track it has been shot. | 设陷阱捉猴子的人还被射伤了 |
[11:48] | Well, you’re the genius. Just figure something out before | 你们是天才 趁猴子跑太远之前 |
[11:50] | that thing gets too far away, because if you don’t, | 想出办法吧 如果想不出来 |
[11:52] | the Marari virus is gonna spread, | 马拉里病毒就会传播开来 |
[11:53] | and people are gonna die. | 会死很多人 |
[11:55] | Uh, not good. | 不妙 |
[11:59] | You say “Not good” a lot. | 你总把”不妙”挂在嘴边 |
[12:12] | How do we find a monkey needle in a jungle haystack? | 我们要怎么在林海捞猴啊 |
[12:15] | Search area widens every second | 那个吃香蕉的家伙逃了 |
[12:17] | that banana-muncher is running free. | 每分每秒搜寻范围都在扩大 |
[12:18] | Well, it’s not just the area, it’s what’s in it. | 不仅是范围问题 还有里面的生物 |
[12:20] | Birds of prey, boas, big cats– | 猛禽 蟒蛇 大型猫科动物 |
[12:22] | they all have a taste for monkey. | 它们都喜欢吃猴子 |
[12:23] | And people. | 也喜欢吃人 |
[12:25] | Just saying. | 说说而已 |
[12:26] | I have an idea. Sly, are you there? | 我有个主意 希尔 你在吗 |
[12:29] | Standing by, Walter. | 随时待命 沃特 |
[12:30] | Search for a satellite with eyes on the Amazon, | 找一颗监控亚马逊河的卫星 |
[12:32] | something infrared. | 有红外线的 |
[12:35] | Recent Homeland brief mentions ongoing | 最近国安部报告中提到了 |
[12:37] | DEA surveillance in South America. | 药品管理局正对南美进行数据监控 |
[12:39] | They should have heat vision. | 他们应该有热影像资料 |
[12:41] | Found it! Redirecting. | 找到了 重新定位 |
[12:43] | The trapper recorded the monkey’s vitals, | 捕兽者记录了猴子的生命特征 |
[12:44] | so we’re looking for something | 所以我们要找的是 |
[12:45] | 18 inches in length, a mass of two pounds, | 长45厘米 重0.9千克 |
[12:48] | and body temperature of 105 degrees. | 体温41摄氏度的东西 |
[12:50] | Filtering the satellite’s thermal imaging sensor | 正在根据这些变量 |
[12:51] | for those variables. | 过滤卫星的热成像传感器的数据 |
[12:53] | Where did the monkey get out? | 那只猴子从哪儿出来的 |
[12:54] | Half a mile from here. | 离这八百米的地方 |
[12:55] | Searching from your current position, | 以你现在的位置为中心 |
[12:56] | fanning out half a mile. | 搜查方圆八百米的地方 |
[12:58] | Two hits. | 有两个匹配 |
[12:59] | Sending the coordinates to your phones. | 把坐标发到你们手机上了 |
[13:01] | One is to your northeast, the other to your southeast | 一个在你们的东北方向 另一个在东南方向 |
[13:04] | in a big, clear-cut area. | 在一块很大的采伐地上 |
[13:06] | What’s the clear-cut area southeast of here? | 这里东南方的采伐地在哪 |
[13:08] | Loggers’ camp, but they shoot first, ask questions later. | 伐木工营地 但他们不由分说就开枪 |
[13:11] | Happy, Doc and I’ll check out the camp. | 乐乐 医生和我去调查这个营地 |
[13:15] | I’m coming with you. | 我和你们一起去 |
[13:16] | Hold on. How old are you? | 等下 你多大了 |
[13:18] | 25. | 25岁 |
[13:20] | 20, but I know the jungle. Please. | 20岁 但我熟悉这片树林 拜托 |
[13:23] | My people are dying. | 我的同胞快死了 |
[13:24] | I can’t stand by and do nothing. | 我不能袖手旁观 |
[13:27] | You’ll go with Paige and me. | 你跟着我和佩吉 |
[13:28] | We’ll check out the other area, okay? | 我们去另一个地方看看 好吗 |
[13:29] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[13:37] | Sly, the heat signature we’re tracking isn’t moving. | 希尔 我们在追踪的热信号不动了 |
[13:41] | Is the signal frozen? I told you already. | 信号卡住了吗 我说过了 |
[13:43] | I’ve checked it repeatedly. He hasn’t moved. | 我已经再三检查过了 它不动了 |
[13:45] | Maybe he’s a tired monkey. | 也许这猴子累了 |
[13:56] | Why did you just scream? | 你喊什么 |
[13:57] | Caterpillar! | 毛毛虫 |
[13:59] | If you’re checking on your tomatoes | 如果你是在查看你的番茄 |
[14:00] | instead of monitoring this monkey… | 而不是盯着这只猴子… |
[14:02] | I’m looking at the image now. Ooh, what a shock. | 我盯着呢 太吓人了 |
[14:05] | He hasn’t moved. I’m giving you accurate information. | 它还是没动 我把详细信息都发给你了 |
[14:07] | Why don’t you check for yourself? | 不如你自己看吧 |
[14:08] | You’re practically on top of the thing. | 你都掌控一切了 |
[14:10] | What’s wrong with your hand? | 你的手怎么了 |
[14:11] | A caterpillar bit me, and now, it’s rashing up. | 被毛毛虫咬了 现在起疹子了 |
[14:13] | It’s in a cup in my greenhouse. | 它现在我温室的杯子里 |
[14:15] | Do you think you could get it | 你能把它拿出来 |
[14:16] | so we could check the bioproteins in its saliva? | 让我们检测它唾液中的生物蛋白吗 |
[14:17] | I think I’m terribly allergic. | 我觉得我对它严重过敏 |
[14:23] | Well, there’s no sign of the primate anywh… | 到处都没有灵长类生物的迹象… |
[14:27] | Tere’s the thermal imaging source. | 热成像的本体就在那里 |
[14:30] | Where? | 哪儿 |
[14:31] | Up that tree, under the wasps’ nest, but… | 树上 在黄蜂巢下面 但是… |
[14:34] | It’s not a monkey. | 不是猴子 |
[14:36] | It’s camera trap. | 是个隐藏摄像机 |
[14:37] | An environmental group donated many | 一个环保组织给村里捐赠了很多 |
[14:39] | to my village to disperse through the jungle | 装满了整个树林 |
[14:41] | to watch for illegal loggers. | 监视非法伐木者用的 |
[14:42] | The heat we picked up is from its battery, | 我们接收到的热能是从它的电池中发出的 |
[14:44] | so we just wasted our time. | 所以我们的功夫白费了 |
[14:45] | Maybe, but we didn’t. | 也许吧 但我们有收获 |
[14:48] | Got our eyes on a monkey. | 看到了那只猴子 |
[14:49] | He’s in a loggers’ camp. | 它在伐木者营地中 |
[14:55] | Went into a tent. | 进帐篷里了 |
[14:56] | We’ve got it cornered if we can get to it. | 如果我们能接近它 它就跑不了了 |
[15:00] | I don’t see any loggers. | 我没发现有伐木者 |
[15:02] | Probably out logging. They do that. | 可能出去伐木了 他们就是干这个的 |
[15:04] | Look. | 看 |
[15:07] | They left a guard. | 他们在这里留了一个守卫 |
[15:08] | You think you can nail him in the leg or something? | 你觉得你能打中他的腿什么的吗 |
[15:11] | Fire fight is just gonna scare the monkey, | 交火只会使猴子受惊 |
[15:14] | or attract more bad guys. | 或是吸引更多坏人过来 |
[15:18] | – I know how to get past him. – What are you thinking? | -我知道怎么打发他走 -你在想什么 |
[15:21] | – A wasp bomb. – Sorry I asked. | -黄蜂炸弹 -真不该问的 |
[15:22] | The tree moss is damp enough to create plenty of smoke. | 树藓含足够的水分能生出很多烟 |
[15:25] | Smoke makes wasps docile, so, | 烟会使黄蜂失去攻击性 |
[15:27] | then we cut down the nest, | 这样我们就能把蜂巢给切下来 |
[15:28] | carry it to the loggers’ camp. | 带到伐木者营地来 |
[15:29] | – Carry it? With what? Uh… those. | -带过去 用什么带过去 -这些 |
[15:32] | Those branches on the ground. Pick ’em up. | 地上的这些树枝 捡起来 |
[15:33] | And then, we’ll also need some small vines. | 然后 我们还需要一些小树藤 |
[15:36] | Be careful, Walter. | 当心点 沃特 |
[15:38] | Bugs are dangerous. | 虫子很危险的 |
[15:42] | Ralph, have you looked up the larva online yet? | 拉尔夫 你在网上查过幼虫吗 |
[15:46] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[15:49] | – The caterpillar! – It’s loose. | -那只毛毛虫 -它跑了 |
[15:50] | No. I need to know what species bit me! | 不 我要知道是哪种毛毛虫咬了我 |
[15:53] | I’m red, irritated. I could’ve ingested a toxin! | 我身上又红又痒 可能已经摄入了毒素 |
[15:55] | Why don’t you ingest an ice tea and calm down? | 要不你喝杯冰茶冷静下吧 |
[15:59] | Just find it! | 快找到它 |
[16:03] | Oh, geez. | 老天啊 |
[16:06] | Monkey still in the tent? | 猴子还在帐篷里吗 |
[16:07] | – Yup. – You okay? | -在 -你没事吧 |
[16:10] | Nervous. I’ve seen what those wasps can do. | 很紧张 我见过这些黄蜂能做出什么 |
[16:13] | Please don’t drop that nest. | 千万别把蜂巢弄掉了 |
[16:15] | Okay, when he comes around again, i will fling the wasp nest… | 好了 它再过来 我会把蜂巢扔到… |
[16:19] | You’re gonna fling it? | 你要把它扔出去吗 |
[16:21] | How about the one with the, uh, high school letter in lacrosse? | 要不 让高中穿过曲棍球字母服的来 |
[16:24] | – You? – No. Toby. | -你吗 -不是 托比 |
[16:26] | I know the letters in the word “Lacrosse.” | 我知道在”曲棍球”这个词里都有啥字母 |
[16:29] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[16:33] | Toss it just behind him. | 扔到他身后去 |
[16:35] | He’ll think the nest fell from the tree. | 他会以为蜂巢是从树上掉下来的 |
[16:48] | Okay, you and Thiago– | 好吧 你和蒂亚戈 |
[16:50] | you stay back and look out in case the guards come back. | 你们留下给我们放风 以防守卫回来 |
[17:03] | Approach… slowly. | 慢慢地 接近 |
[17:07] | Easy, monkey. | 别慌 小猴子 |
[17:09] | We just want to perform some scientific tests on you. | 我们只想在你身上做些科学测试 |
[17:13] | Okay. | 好了 |
[17:14] | I think I got an angle on him. Now! | 我找准抓它的角度了 就现在 |
[17:18] | Get the thing! | 抓住它 |
[17:19] | Get it! Get it! | 抓住 抓住 |
[17:23] | He’s over there! | 它在那边 |
[17:24] | That way, grab him! | 那边 抓住 |
[17:29] | Careful. Ah, ah… | 小心 |
[17:32] | I got you, little… | 逮住你了 小东西 |
[17:34] | Come on, let’s go. Easy… | 快 走 别慌 |
[17:36] | Toby! | 托比 |
[17:38] | Aah. I slipped in something. | 我踩东西上绊倒了 |
[17:40] | Aah, it came from the monkey’s butt! | 是猴子拉的粑粑 |
[17:44] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[17:44] | Get it off of me! | 快弄下来 |
[17:48] | Got it! | 抓住了 |
[17:49] | Get it, get it… | 抓住了 抓住了 |
[17:57] | Aah, it’s getting away! | 它要跑了 |
[18:03] | That way! | 那边 |
[18:09] | In retrospect, | 回头想想 |
[18:10] | the rucksack might have been a bad idea. | 用背包或许不是好主意 |
[18:32] | Watch out! Watch out! You okay? Okay? | 小心 小心 没事吧 没事吧 |
[18:34] | Oh, there! Over there! | 那边 在那边 |
[18:40] | How are we gonna get him down? | 怎么才能把它弄下来 |
[18:41] | If we can’t catch him in an enclosed tent, | 如果在封闭的帐篷里就没抓住它 |
[18:43] | how do we climb up there and nab him? | 要怎么爬上去抓它 |
[18:45] | Uh, we need all hands on deck. Toby, Happy, you coming? | 所有人都得上 托比 乐乐 来了吗 |
[18:48] | On our way! | 来了 |
[18:49] | I probably have a concussion. | 我估计脑震荡了 |
[18:51] | Stop being a baby. | 别孩子气了 |
[18:55] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[18:58] | I’m gonna take that clicker and shove it up your… | 我要没收你的计数器 呼你脸上 |
[19:00] | There’s a lot more where those came from. | 医生那还有很多这玩意儿 |
[19:05] | We showed her. | 让她见识了 |
[19:07] | According to my research, | 据我调查 |
[19:08] | the Humboldt Capuchin has a mating ritual | 洪堡卷尾猴有交配仪式 |
[19:10] | where they rub themselves with the flower of the muira puama. | 浑身涂上巴西榥榥木的花汁液 |
[19:14] | Perhaps you can entice him to bond. | 或许就能诱使它与你亲近 |
[19:16] | Where do we find muira puama? | 要去哪找巴西榥榥木 |
[19:17] | They’re everywhere out here. We just passed some a ways back. | 这里到处都是 刚才还遇到了一些 |
[19:20] | Few meters high, covered in small white flowers. | 几米高 开满了白色的小花 |
[19:22] | Toby, Happy, | 托比 乐乐 |
[19:22] | – did you hear that? – Way ahead of you, boss. | -听到了吗 -抢先一步 老大 |
[19:25] | Thiago, what’s wrong? | 蒂亚戈 怎么了 |
[19:28] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[19:30] | – It’s just hot. – Okay! | -太热了 -好 |
[19:31] | I got the flowers! | 我摘到花了 |
[19:33] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[19:35] | The kid’s got the virus. | 这孩子中病毒了 |
[19:36] | Oh, yikes. He doesn’t look good. | 哎呀 他看着很糟糕 |
[19:38] | Yikes? That’s your medical opinion? | 你的医学意见就是”哎呀”吗 |
[19:40] | No. My medical opinion is that Thiago’s done for | 不 我的医学意见是 如果没法从猴子身上 |
[19:43] | if we can’t synthesize a cure for him from that monkey. | 合成解药 那蒂亚戈就完蛋了 |
[19:45] | How did you miss that he was sick? He’s been sweating! | 你怎么没发现他病了 他一直在流汗 |
[19:48] | We’ve been hiking through the Amazon, Cabe. | 我们在亚马逊徒步 凯布 |
[19:49] | We’re all sweating. | 都在流汗 |
[19:52] | Have we been exposed? | 我们被感染了吗 |
[19:53] | Uh, virus is only contagious before symptoms present. | 在出现症状前病毒才具感染性 |
[19:56] | We could have missed the window, or | 我们可能错过了窗口期 |
[19:57] | we could be infected now. It’s too soon to tell. | 不然现在就会被感染 目前还不知道 |
[20:01] | Let’s get the little bastard out of the tree already. | 快把这小混球从树上抓下来 |
[20:04] | Okay. Uh, well, someone just has to rub these flowers | 好 得有人涂上这些花 |
[20:06] | all over themselves and attract the little scamp down here. | 好把这小混球吸引下来 |
[20:13] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Come on. | 不不不 不是吧 |
[20:15] | I already tangled with Furious George in the tent. | 我在帐篷里已经跟”逆风猴”纠缠过了 |
[20:17] | You touched the flowers. | 你碰过花了 |
[20:18] | If more than one of us smell | 如果我们好几个人都有 |
[20:19] | like muira puama, it’ll get confused. | 巴西榥榥木的味道 它会分不清的 |
[20:21] | Besides, he could easily be attracted to you. | 而且 你能轻松地吸引到它 |
[20:30] | I’m not sure if that was an insult. | 我不知道这算不算侮辱 |
[20:31] | I found an anthropological paper online | 我在网上找到篇人类学论文 |
[20:33] | describing their mating rituals. | 介绍了它们的交配仪式 |
[20:35] | I’m sending it to you now. | 现在就给你们发过去 |
[20:37] | Got it. Okay, uh, Toby, | 明白 好 托比 |
[20:40] | squat down and… hop in a circle. | 蹲下 转圈跳 |
[20:52] | Stick your butt out more. You got to present yourself. | 屁股再撅一点 你得展示自我 |
[20:59] | Oh… I am going to die. | 我要死了 |
[21:03] | My milkshake brings all the monkeys to the yard. | 屁股摇一摇 猴子跑不了 |
[21:08] | You got its attention. | 它注意到你了 |
[21:11] | Good, now… | 好 现在 |
[21:12] | raise your eyebrows. | 挑眉 |
[21:16] | More. Big eyes. | 夸张点 瞪大眼 |
[21:20] | Look, it’s working. | 起作用了 |
[21:26] | Oh, he’s sweet. | 它真可爱 |
[21:28] | I’m gonna call you Simian Freud. | 我要叫你猴米安·弗洛伊德 |
[21:34] | I-I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[21:35] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[21:38] | So what do we do, draw blood? | 现在怎么办 抽血吗 |
[21:39] | No, no. You know what, | 不不 这样吧 |
[21:40] | a cheek swab’ll work just as well and it won’t hurt him. | 从面颊内取唾沫样本也行 不会伤到它 |
[21:43] | Hey, Simian, we’re gonna do a little monkey see, monkey do. | 猴米安 我们来做个猴子模仿秀 |
[21:47] | Now, I’m gonna open my maw real wide | 我现在把嘴张很大 |
[21:48] | and you do the same. You ready? | 你也跟着做 准备好了吗 |
[21:58] | Sly, coming your way. | 希尔 传给你了 |
[22:02] | Got it. Running the tests now. | 收到 现在做测试 |
[22:06] | We have a problem. | 有麻烦了 |
[22:10] | Wow, this virus is moving through Thiago | 病毒就像凯布吞牛肉干那样 |
[22:12] | like jerky through Cabe. | 在蒂亚戈身体里传开 |
[22:13] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[22:15] | the data I just ran won’t do him any good. | 我刚才做的测试帮不到他 |
[22:17] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[22:18] | Because the DNA analysis is complete. | 因为DNA分析已结束 |
[22:21] | And the monkey is not the cure. | 这只猴子不是解药 |
[22:30] | What do you mean the monkey isn’t the cure? | 猴子不是解药是几个意思 |
[22:32] | Are you sure, Sly? | 你确定吗 希尔 |
[22:33] | Uploading the results to you now. | 正在向你上传结果 |
[22:37] | Well, he’s right. There’s nothing here that denotes | 他说的没错 没有显示任何种类的 |
[22:40] | any type of atypical viral protection. | 非典型病毒防护 |
[22:41] | But the monkeys are immune to the virus. | 但是这些猴子对病毒免疫 |
[22:43] | How’s that possible | 这怎么可能呢 |
[22:43] | if Toby can’t find anything in its DNA? | 如果托比在它的DNA里什么也没找到 |
[22:45] | Uh, could be a parasite. | 可能是因为寄生虫 |
[22:46] | Then let’s cut it open and see what’s in there. | 那就把它解刨看看身体里有什么 |
[22:49] | You keep your hands off my monkey. | 你不许碰我的猴子 |
[22:51] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[22:52] | Dissecting the monkey would be | 解剖猴子只会是 |
[22:53] | an inefficient use of resources. | 对资源的无效利用 |
[22:55] | We only have one. | 我们只有一只猴子 |
[22:56] | Holy poop. I have a solution. | 天哪[便便] 我有个办法 |
[22:59] | Monkey turds. | 猴子的便便 |
[22:59] | I need to know his diet. | 我们需要知道它的饮食 |
[23:01] | We check its stool. | 我们可以检查它的便便 |
[23:02] | If you’re gonna make that monkey | 如果你要用让那猴子张嘴的办法 |
[23:03] | poo the same way you made it open its mouth | 来让它便便的话 |
[23:04] | I’m out of here. | 我就走人了 |
[23:05] | No, no, no, I got a better way. | 不不不 我有更好的办法 |
[23:07] | We dig through this. | 我们挖这儿就行了 |
[23:09] | I stepped in its caca in the tent. | 在帐篷中我踩到了它的便便 |
[23:13] | What’s Toby talking about? | 托比在讲些什么 |
[23:14] | A pile of crap. | 一坨便便[一堆废话] |
[23:15] | Isn’t he always? | 他不总是这样吗 |
[23:16] | Have you found the caterpillar yet? | 你找到那只毛毛虫了吗 |
[23:18] | No. But he can’t hide forever. | 没有 但它不可能永远藏起来 |
[23:21] | Sly, the world’s grossest scavenger hunt | 希尔 世上最恶心的寻宝游戏 |
[23:23] | turned up zero critters, | 没找到任何生物 |
[23:25] | but I did find some odd-looking seeds, | 但我确实找到了些长相奇怪的种子 |
[23:26] | and I’m sending you a photo… now. | 我正向你发送照片 |
[23:29] | Here’s your pen. | 笔还给你 |
[23:31] | You can keep it. | 你留着吧 |
[23:33] | I think I got something. | 我觉得我发现了点东西 |
[23:35] | Those seeds belong to the fruit of the von von tree. | 那些种子来自于旺旺树的果实 |
[23:37] | The Von Von tree grows to heights | 旺旺树的生长高度 |
[23:39] | above the Amazon canopy, | 超过了亚马逊雨林的冠层 |
[23:41] | into the emergent rainforest layer. | 进入雨林的外露层 |
[23:43] | It’s endangered by the logging industry. | 由于伐木业这种树濒临灭绝 |
[23:45] | Not a lot of them left, guys. | 已经不剩多少棵了 伙计们 |
[23:47] | Von von tree. Got it. | 旺旺树 了解 |
[23:48] | These monkeys eat the von von fruit. | 这些猴子以旺旺果为食 |
[23:50] | They’re the only thing that does. | 只有他们吃那种果子 |
[23:52] | Taste is terrible. | 太难吃了 |
[23:53] | The fruit could contain | 这种果子可能含有 |
[23:54] | biological properties that protect the monkey. | 保护猴子的生物学特性 |
[23:56] | There’s only one way to find out. | 要证实只有一个办法 |
[23:59] | We mash the seed, | 我们把种子捣碎 |
[24:03] | a little alcohol to break down the cell walls, | 用一点点酒精破坏细胞壁 |
[24:07] | voilà– the sequencer should read it. | 这儿 序列分析器应该能识别了 |
[24:10] | Got it, running the test. | 收到 正在检测 |
[24:12] | Thiago’s burning up. | 蒂亚戈烧得不行了 |
[24:13] | I don’t think he’s gonna last much longer. | 我觉得他坚持不了多久了 |
[24:14] | We might have something. | 我们找到了点发现 |
[24:15] | Sending. | 正在发送 |
[24:18] | There’s a zinc finger in the seed’s protein that resembles | 在种子的蛋白质中有一个锌指 |
[24:20] | antiviral chemical structures. | 与抗病毒化学结构相似 |
[24:22] | This could be it. | 可能就是这个了 |
[24:24] | Thiago… | 蒂亚戈 |
[24:26] | Hey, Thiago. | 蒂亚戈 |
[24:28] | Where can we find a von von tree? | 在哪里能找到旺旺树 |
[24:30] | O macaco nao é um macaco. | 猴子是不是猴子[葡萄牙语] |
[24:33] | His fever’s progressed to delirium. He can’t help us. | 他已经烧得神志不清了 他帮不了我们 |
[24:35] | We have to hurry. | 我们必须得快点 |
[24:37] | Now, if we’ve contracted the virus, | 如果我们感染了病毒 |
[24:39] | we can’t risk going down before we find the fruit. | 在我们找到果子之前 都不能冒险离开 |
[24:41] | If we die, countless die. | 如果我们死了 无数人将会死去 |
[24:42] | Uh, how do we locate one rare tree | 我们如何在雨林的中间 |
[24:44] | in the middle of the rainforest? | 找到一棵稀有的树 |
[24:45] | We find out from the tree experts: the loggers. | 我们去问问树木专家 那些伐木工 |
[24:48] | Big risk to just go up to them. | 直接去找他们太冒险了 |
[24:49] | They shoot first, remember? | 还记得吗 他们直接开枪 |
[24:50] | Especially after they found their tent destroyed by Toby. | 特别是当他们发现帐篷被托比毁了之后 |
[24:52] | There was a monkey in a bag over my head. | 当时我脑袋上的袋子里有只猴子 |
[24:54] | They’re from big corporations– | 他们来自大公司 |
[24:55] | there’s got to be a digital database. | 一定会有数字化的数据库 |
[24:57] | So Sly can hack in there, go check their maps, | 所以希尔可以黑进那里 查看他们的地图 |
[25:00] | gets the tree GPS coordinates. | 拿到那棵树的GPS坐标 |
[25:01] | That’s a no-go. I’m trying as we speak, | 这行不通 这会儿我就在尝试 |
[25:03] | and the loggers aren’t uplinked. | 但伐木工没有传输信号给卫星 |
[25:05] | When we were using our tech to track the computer | 我们用设备追踪他们帐篷里的电脑时 |
[25:07] | at their camp, i noticed a very weak WIN signal. | 我注意到了微弱的WIN信号 |
[25:09] | What’s a WIN? | 什么是WIN信号 |
[25:10] | Wireless intranet. Private network. | 无线局域网 专用网络 |
[25:12] | Probably connects their logging machinery. | 这可能连接着他们的伐木机器 |
[25:14] | You can hack that? | 你能黑进那个吗 |
[25:15] | If I have a strong enough signal. | 如果我能获得足够强的信号的话 |
[25:16] | They’re working deep in the jungle, | 他们在雨林深处工作 |
[25:18] | need a high spot above the trees. | 需要一个在那些树之上的高点 |
[25:20] | You mean like there? | 你是指像在那里吗 |
[25:23] | Amazon book I was reading on the plane | 我在飞机上读的亚马逊书籍 |
[25:25] | was talking about zoologist expeditions | 探讨了动物学家在探险过程中 |
[25:28] | that used these platforms | 利用那些平台 |
[25:29] | to study wildlife in the canopy. | 来研究树冠层的生物 |
[25:31] | It’s a perfect place to set up an antenna. | 那是放置天线的绝佳位置 |
[25:33] | First we have to build one. | 首先我们得造一个出来 |
[25:34] | Ralph and I used to get TV | 我和拉尔夫曾用 |
[25:35] | with homemade coat hanger rabbit ears. | 衣架自制了天线来看电视 |
[25:36] | Metal blade of the machete | 用我包里大砍刀的金属刀刃 |
[25:37] | and a coil of wire from my bag will get their signal. | 和一卷电线就能收到他们的信号 |
[25:40] | If we can get it up there. | 如果我们能把它放上去 |
[25:41] | If… you can get it up there. | 如果…你能把它放上去 |
[25:43] | And how am I supposed to do that? | 我怎么能够做到 |
[25:45] | Now, we’ll chop down some vines | 我们会砍下一些藤蔓 |
[25:46] | and then tie them into a rope. | 然后将它们捆成一根绳子 |
[25:47] | And I can make a grappling hook from your backpack frame. | 我会用你的背包骨架做一个抓钩 |
[25:50] | Nobody can throw a grappling hook up that high. | 没人能把抓钩扔那么高 |
[25:52] | Especially weighed down by heavy vines. | 特别是还挂着沉重的藤蔓 |
[25:54] | We’re not gonna throw it, we’re gonna launch it. | 我们不用扔的 我们直接发射 |
[25:56] | Now, Sly, can you see if you can find us another camera trap? | 希尔 能帮我们再找一台触发式相机吗 |
[25:59] | On it. | 正在找 |
[25:59] | Paige, Toby– stay with Thiago. | 佩吉 托比 留下陪蒂亚戈 |
[26:01] | Happy, Cabe, we’ll also need a small hollow log. | 乐乐 凯布 我们还需要一小段空心树干 |
[26:04] | For what? | 做什么用 |
[26:06] | I’ll explain later. Let’s go. | 一会儿再解释 先去找 |
[26:08] | Found a camera trap near you, Walter. | 沃特 你附近就有一台触发式相机 |
[26:09] | Sending you the coordinates. | 把坐标发给你 |
[26:16] | Hurry up and find that worm. | 快点找到那只虫子 |
[26:20] | It’s tiny. This place is huge. | 虫子很小 可这里却很大 |
[26:24] | Look faster. | 那就找快点 |
[26:27] | He’s burning up. | 他烧起来了 |
[26:28] | We got to get soursop. | 我们得去找刺果番茄枝 |
[26:30] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[26:30] | Mother Nature’s fever medicine. | 大自然的天然退烧剂 |
[26:32] | Um, grab a lighter from my bag and get a fire going. | 从我包里拿个打火机 生堆火 |
[26:37] | I got the camera trap and the hollow log. | 我找到触发式相机和空心树干了 |
[26:39] | That’ll do. | 很好 |
[26:40] | You just found us our mortar tube, Cabe. | 你把炮筒给我们找来了 凯布 |
[26:43] | All right. | 好了 |
[26:44] | How we gonna fire this without gunpowder? | 没有火药 怎么点燃 |
[26:45] | Overload the camera’s lithium ion battery. | 让相机的锂电池超载运行 |
[26:48] | It’ll give us the explosion that we need. | 这能充当炸药 |
[26:50] | Now, Cabe, tie the vines to the grappling hook | 凯布 把藤蔓缠在抓钩上 |
[26:52] | while Happy preps the battery. | 乐乐 把电池准备好 |
[26:55] | Now, without instruments to accurately measure this angle, | 没有仪器来精准测量角度 |
[26:58] | I’ll have to eyeball it. | 我只能目测了 |
[26:59] | But I think we should be able to hit our mark. | 但我们应该能钩中目标 |
[27:07] | Done. Grappling hook ready. | 完成 抓钩已准备好 |
[27:09] | Done. Thermal runaway process started. | 完成 热逃逸进程已开始 |
[27:12] | Okay, Happy, drop the battery down the hollow log. | 好了 乐乐 把电池扔进空心树干 |
[27:15] | Cabe, stick the hook in the top. | 凯布 把抓钩放在树干顶部 |
[27:18] | Yep. | 就这样 |
[27:30] | Hey, how long before it goes boom? | 要多久才能爆炸 |
[27:32] | Unknown. | 不知道 |
[27:32] | Could be milliseconds | 可能几毫秒内就会爆炸 |
[27:34] | or it could be… | 也有可能… |
[27:38] | …now. | 现在就炸 |
[27:39] | Did it make it? | 钩住了吗 |
[27:44] | Okay, hook is secure. | 钩得很牢固 |
[27:45] | Time for exercise, Cabe. | 锻炼锻炼身体吧 凯布 |
[27:47] | Studies have found it’s good for depression. | 研究表明这对治疗抑郁有益 |
[27:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:10] | All right, that’s a good fire. Here. | 很好 火生得不错 给你 |
[28:12] | Now we just need to crush ’em, | 我们现在只需要把它捣碎 |
[28:14] | boil it | 煮沸 |
[28:14] | and get Uncle Toby’s homemade jungle juice into this fella. | 然后把托比叔叔自制的丛林果汁喂给他 |
[28:38] | Okay. | 好了 |
[28:41] | Made it. | 爬上来了 |
[28:42] | Now sweep the antenna around slowly. | 现在慢慢挥动天线 |
[28:54] | I feel like a samurai. | 我觉得自己像个日本武士 |
[28:57] | Stop. | 停在那儿 |
[28:59] | Hacking the logger’s database now. | 正在侵入伐木工的数据库 |
[29:01] | We’ll have the location of the von von tree in no time. | 马上就能找到旺旺树的位置 |
[29:07] | It smells awful. | 真难闻 |
[29:08] | That should be enough. | 这些应该够了 |
[29:12] | Smells awful, but it tastes worse. | 难闻 但更难喝 |
[29:13] | Like I tell Ralph, bad taste means good medicine. | 就像我对拉尔夫所说 良药苦口 |
[29:15] | Well, he’s a genius. He doesn’t buy that for one second. | 他是个天才 根本不会信这一套 |
[29:17] | Bottoms up. | 喝掉它 |
[29:18] | We hacked the database | 我们侵入了数据库 |
[29:19] | and made our way to a von von tree. | 找到了旺旺树 |
[29:21] | All right, fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[29:22] | Grab some fruit and let’s get cooking up a cure. | 摘几个果子 我们就开始制作解药 |
[29:24] | Small problem with the fruit. It’s all the way up at the top. | 但有个小问题 果子都长在树顶 |
[29:26] | There’s no way we’re shooting a vine over that. | 我们没法把藤蔓射到那么高的地方去 |
[29:38] | Well, if we can’t get up to the fruit, | 如果我们无法爬上去摘到果子 |
[29:39] | we’ll have to bring it down to us. | 那就只好让果子下来找我们了 |
[29:41] | Cabe can shoot it down. | 凯布能射下来 |
[29:42] | No. It’d just splatter all over the treetop. | 不行 果子在树顶分布得很零散 |
[29:46] | We have to shake it down. | 我们得把它们摇下来 |
[29:48] | That tree’s too big to shake. | 这树太大 摇不动 |
[29:50] | We can make the tree shake itself. | 我们可以让树自己摇一摇 |
[29:51] | Trees have resonant frequencies, | 树有共振频率 |
[29:52] | just like a tuning fork or idling car engine, | 就像音叉或空转的汽车发动机一样 |
[29:55] | except the tree’s is organic. | 只不过树是有机体 |
[29:57] | We can find it, | 我们可以找到树的共振频率 |
[29:58] | create vibrations to match and amplify it. | 制造并放大与之匹配的振波 |
[29:59] | Causing the tree to vibrate and shake down all the fruit. | 以此使树发生晃动 摇下果子 |
[30:02] | I read an interesting paper on vibratory fruit harvesting | 我读过一篇关于振动果实收获的论文 |
[30:05] | from Cornell University that claimed… | 由康奈尔大学发表 论文中指出… |
[30:06] | Save the lecture, professor. | 先别说教了 教授 |
[30:07] | We don’t have time to discuss the math of fruit picking. | 我们没空讨论摘果子的数学问题 |
[30:09] | How do we do it? | 我们要怎么做 |
[30:09] | We can’t hit the tree with enough power and rhythm ourselves. | 人力没有足够的能量和节奏使树发生振动 |
[30:12] | We need something mechanical. | 我们需要器械辅助 |
[30:13] | In the loggers’ camp there was a buzz saw | 伐木工营地有圆锯 |
[30:15] | that feeds the logs with a wedge. | 需要用到楔子来传递木头 |
[30:17] | I can rig the wedge to do the job. | 我能利用它使树发生振动 |
[30:19] | Sly, research the von von tree and | 希尔 查一下旺旺树 |
[30:21] | find out if anyone has ever calculated its resonant frequency. | 看看是否有人曾计算过它的共振频率 |
[30:24] | May take time. I’m working one-handed. | 可能需要点时间 我现在是单手操作 |
[30:26] | This bug bite has caused an odd paralysis. | 虫子咬伤引起了反常的麻痹 |
[30:31] | I got an idea how we can calculate the tree’s resonant frequency. | 我有办法计算树的共振频率 |
[30:34] | It’ll take two people. | 需要两个人协作完成 |
[30:35] | I’ll grab the saw wedge with the generator. | 我去把楔子和发电机找来 |
[30:37] | Doc, you meet me at the loggers’ camp. | 医生 我们在伐木工营地见 |
[30:39] | On my way. | 我这就去 |
[30:40] | Keep giving him tea and rubbing alcohol to his forehead. | 继续给他喂茶 用酒精给他擦拭额头 |
[30:45] | Okay. I’ll hit the tree with the hammer at various locations | 好 我会用锤子从多处锤击树干 |
[30:47] | with a variety of force. | 用不同力度锤击 |
[30:48] | You watch the water bottle | 你注意观察水瓶 |
[30:49] | and when the waves on the water’s meniscus peak… | 看看瓶中水波振动何时达到峰值 |
[30:51] | We’ll know where to strike the tree with the machine. | 这样我们就能知道从何处用器械敲击树干 |
[30:53] | Let’s do it. | 就这么办 |
[31:01] | That’s it. | 就是那里 |
[31:10] | Why’d you bring that ugly primate with you? | 你为什么要把这个丑陋的灵长类一起带来 |
[31:12] | Don’t insult the monkey. | 不准侮辱猴子 |
[31:14] | I was talking to the monkey. | 我是在跟猴子说话 |
[31:16] | Camp looks empty. There’s no sign of guards. | 看起来帐篷里没人 保安不在这 |
[31:18] | Well, if those wasps were chasing me, | 如果那些胡蜂追着我 |
[31:20] | I’d keep running, too. | 我也会一直跑的 |
[31:21] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[31:28] | Unhook that strap. | 把那个带子松开 |
[31:34] | Cabe, looks like he didn’t keep running after all. | 凯布 看起来他并没有一直跑 |
[31:37] | Hide. Over there. | 去那边藏起来 |
[31:50] | Hold it right there, big fella! | 站住 大块头 |
[31:52] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[31:54] | Don’t even scratch. | 抓痒也不行 |
[31:58] | Doc, grab that rope. | 医生 拿来那条绳子 |
[32:12] | I-I love apes. Ask the monkey! | 我爱大猩猩 不信去问猴子 |
[32:46] | You owe that monkey a banana. | 你欠那猴子一根香蕉 |
[32:55] | Ralph, my whole arm is dead. | 拉尔夫 我整条手臂都没知觉了 |
[32:57] | I need an ambulance. I’m calling 911. | 我需要救护车 我要拨911 |
[32:58] | Sylvester, think fast. | 希尔维斯特 快速反应 |
[33:01] | How’d you know I was gonna catch that? | 你怎么知道我会接住这个球 |
[33:02] | I didn’t. But I knew the problem with your arm | 我不知道 不过我知道你胳膊的问题 |
[33:04] | was in your head. | 是出在你的脑子里 |
[33:06] | It’s a harmless tomato hornworm. | 那只是一条无害的西红柿天蛾幼虫 |
[33:08] | Your reaction was psychosomatic. | 你的反应是受你的心理影响 |
[33:10] | Maybe you feel guilty about staying behind | 可能你因为大家都去了亚马逊 |
[33:11] | while everyone else went to the Amazon. | 而你自己却留下来而感到愧疚 |
[33:13] | Kid’s diagnosis is sound. | 孩子的诊断很正确 |
[33:15] | You know, if Ralph gets sick of math or physics, | 如果拉尔夫不喜欢数学或者物理了 |
[33:18] | he should study psychiatry. | 他可以去学精神病学 |
[33:19] | Yeah, or become a real doctor. | 或者做个真正的医生 |
[33:23] | Hey. Bicker less and work more. | 别吵了 好好干活 |
[33:30] | Work’s done. Timing adjusted. | 好了 调整好时间了 |
[33:32] | Okay, the wedge should strike with the proper frequency | 楔子会在计算好的最佳位置 |
[33:34] | at the optimal spot calculated. | 以合适的频率撞击树干 |
[33:36] | Start it up. | 开始吧 |
[33:45] | It’s not workin’! | 没有用 |
[33:46] | Be patient. | 耐心一点 |
[33:47] | We’re striking it to amplify its natural frequency. | 我们在以撞击来增强它的自然频率 |
[33:50] | In 1831, marching soldiers created harmonic oscillation | 1831年 行进的军队制造出的谐振荡 |
[33:53] | that destroyed an English bridge. | 摧毁了一座英国大桥 |
[33:54] | This has worked before. | 这方法成功过 |
[33:55] | Or it was a crappy bridge! | 或者那就是一座破桥 |
[34:01] | It’s happening. | 起效了 |
[34:04] | Guys, this is bad. | 伙计们 情况不妙 |
[34:05] | What’s bad? | 什么不妙 |
[34:06] | Well, now that I know I’m not dying, | 现在我知道我不会死了 |
[34:07] | I am able to look at my von von tree research. | 我研究了一下旺旺树 |
[34:09] | And it seems it is home to a deadly species of | 看起来这树是一种来自龙顿的 |
[34:13] | the Rhondonian wandering spider. | 致命的游动蜘蛛的栖息地 |
[34:15] | Uh, spiders are the second most | 蜘蛛是世界上第二种 |
[34:16] | vibration-sensitive organism in the world! | 对振动极其敏感的生物 |
[34:18] | So by shaking down the fruit, | 所以把果子摇下来的同时 |
[34:20] | we’re gonna shake out the spider. | 也会把蜘蛛摇出来 |
[34:22] | Here they come! | 它们来了 |
[34:24] | Oh, man, oh, man, big spiders. | 天哪 天哪 大蜘蛛 |
[34:35] | Get off the ground! | 离开地面 |
[34:36] | I don’t know how you don’t know this, | 我不知道你怎么不知道这个 |
[34:38] | but spiders can climb, too! | 但是蜘蛛也能爬上来 |
[34:39] | All that matters is that | 重要的是 |
[34:40] | we’re not directly touching the earth! | 我们不是直接接触地面 |
[34:42] | Because it’s damp and conducts electricity! | 因为地面潮湿并且导电 |
[34:44] | I’m following your thinking, Walt. | 我跟上你的思路了 沃特 |
[34:50] | Spiders are probably just stunned. | 蜘蛛可能只是电晕了 |
[34:54] | All right, | 好了 |
[34:56] | well, let’s shake down the fruit before they wake up! | 在蜘蛛醒来之前把果子摇下来 |
[34:58] | On it. | 没问题 |
[35:01] | That was crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[35:15] | I can hear the trees talking. | 我能听到树在说话 |
[35:18] | Oh, no, that’s the fever talking. | 不 是高烧使你产生的幻觉 |
[35:21] | I don’t know if you can understand, Thiago, | 我不知道你能不能听明白 蒂亚戈 |
[35:23] | but our team normally | 不过我们的团队一般 |
[35:25] | comes through in these situations. | 在这种情况下都会化险为夷 |
[35:26] | But we’ve never been up against the Amazon before. | 只是我们从未对抗过亚马逊 |
[35:29] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:30] | Von von fruit! Get your von von fruit here! | 旺旺果 拿到你的旺旺果了 |
[35:33] | I never doubted them for a second. | 我从未怀疑过他们 |
[35:34] | Okay! Cut one open! Let’s get some in Thiago! | 切开一个 给蒂亚戈吃点 |
[35:45] | You can do the honors. | 这个光荣的任务交给你 |
[35:51] | How long before we know? | 要多久才能知道有没有用 |
[35:52] | He’s getting pure juice directly under his tongue. | 我把纯果汁放在他的舌下 |
[35:54] | Sublingual absorption of a liquid is rapid, | 液体在舌下的吸收很快 |
[35:56] | and the antivirals in this fruit are potent. | 而且这果子的抗病毒作用很强 |
[35:58] | So we should see a physiological response quickly. | 所以应该很快就能看到生理反应 |
[36:01] | What if it doesn’t work? | 如果这没用呢 |
[36:02] | Then we failed to find the cure. | 那我们就没能找到解药 |
[36:03] | And then he dies, | 而他就会死 |
[36:04] | along with who knows how many more. | 还有不知道多少人会死 |
[36:06] | Not goo… | 不太 |
[36:08] | See? I can’t even say my thing, | 看见没 因为想到会被计数 |
[36:09] | ’cause I think I’m gonna get clicked. | 我都不能说我的口头禅 |
[36:11] | Da-da-da-da! Yell at me later, ’cause right now | 一会再跟我吼 因为现在 |
[36:13] | I’m feeling a heart rate that is slowing down and steadying! | 我感觉到他的心跳在趋于平缓而稳定 |
[36:15] | This is a good sign, guys! | 这是个好现象 伙计们 |
[36:16] | This is very good! | 非常好 |
[36:17] | We’ve all been exposed. | 我们都接触了病毒 |
[36:18] | It’d be prudent for us all to eat some. Here. | 保险起见每个人最好都吃一点 来 |
[36:27] | Oh, that is awful. | 真难吃 |
[36:32] | Oh. I can feel my taste buds dying. | 我感觉我的味蕾在萎缩 |
[36:36] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[36:38] | Oh. Hey, Simian Freud. | 猴米安·弗洛伊德 |
[36:40] | Want a bite? | 想吃一口吗 |
[36:45] | Share it. | 给我留一口 |
[36:55] | Thanks for nothing, quack! | 谢谢你没什么用 庸医 |
[36:57] | We’re worse off than before we came here. | 我们的关系比来之前还要糟糕 |
[36:58] | Wow, 32 clicks! | 32次 |
[37:01] | That’s a new record! | 这是个新纪录 |
[37:02] | Not 32. It hit 99 and then turned over. | 不是32 是它到了99清零了 |
[37:05] | It’s 131 clicks. | 是131次 |
[37:06] | Really great work, Cecil. | 干得真好 西塞尔 |
[37:07] | All you proven is that the woman I’m gonna marry | 你所证明的就是我要娶的女人 |
[37:09] | drives me crazy. | 快把我逼疯了 |
[37:11] | Oh, Tobias, | 托拜厄斯 |
[37:12] | you already knew she was driving you crazy. | 你早就知道她会把你逼疯的 |
[37:14] | But you left out a really important word. | 但你漏掉一句非常重要的话 |
[37:17] | You said, the woman you’re going to marry. | 你说过 你要娶这个女人 |
[37:20] | What you should’ve said is, the woman you’re still | 你应该这么说 你依然要娶 |
[37:23] | going to marry, | 那个女人 |
[37:24] | despite her… | 尽管她有 |
[37:26] | stunted emotional growth | 情绪问题 |
[37:28] | and apparent nastiness | 而且非常惹人烦 |
[37:30] | and your Pollyanna | 以及你对这段关系的 |
[37:31] | approach to this relationship and that stupid hat, | 盲目乐观和那顶傻里傻气的帽子 |
[37:35] | you’re still getting married. | 你们俩还是要结婚的 |
[37:37] | After 131 clicks. | 在131次点击后 |
[37:41] | Means you love each other, | 意味着你们彼此相爱 |
[37:43] | made for each other. | 你们俩天生一对 |
[37:44] | Whatever you two have, it works. | 无论你们间有什么羁绊 都很管用 |
[37:47] | Don’t change a thing. | 无需做出任何改变 |
[37:50] | You are gonna be great as husband and wife. | 你们会成为一对非常棒的夫妻 |
[37:56] | My bill. | 我的账单 |
[37:59] | And you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[38:02] | He’s good. | 他挺厉害的 |
[38:08] | You’re dismantling it? | 你要拆了它吗 |
[38:11] | I realized no matter how much I try to avoid my fears, | 我意识到无论我如何回避我的恐惧 |
[38:15] | they’ll still find me, even if they’re not real. | 它们始终会找上门来 即使并不是真的 |
[38:18] | So why not face ’em head-on? | 那为什么不直面恐惧呢 |
[38:21] | I am moving my garden to the rooftop. | 我要把我的花园搬到房顶上 |
[38:25] | Real potted soil. | 真正的培养土 |
[38:27] | Time to get my hands dirty. | 是该让手不那么干净了 |
[38:30] | Or gloves. | 手套也行 |
[38:31] | Probably wear the gloves. Get the gloves dirty. | 还是戴手套吧 把手套弄脏好了 |
[38:34] | Baby steps, Walter. | 慢慢来 沃特 |
[38:36] | Baby steps, Sly. | 慢慢来 希尔 |
[38:38] | Hey, new haircut! | 新发型 |
[38:41] | Nice. | 不错 |
[38:42] | Handsome kid. | 帅气小伙 |
[38:46] | Excellent choice. | 这发型不错 |
[38:47] | No more using the blue bowl. | 不能再用蓝碗剪了 |
[38:48] | Good! ‘Cause I destroyed it. | 很好 因为我已经把它处理了 |
[38:51] | Couldn’t have it in the kitchen | 不能把它放回厨房 |
[38:52] | contaminating the other bowls. | 会污染到其他的碗 |
[38:53] | Plus, I took some of the blue liquid they put combs in. | 而且 我拿到了他们泡梳子的蓝色液体 |
[38:55] | Its active ingredient is | 其活性成分是 |
[38:57] | alkyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride. | 苄基氯化物 |
[38:59] | Thought we could do some experiments. | 我们能做些实验 |
[39:01] | Sweet. | 不错 |
[39:02] | Paige, | 佩吉 |
[39:04] | how’s the new do affecting you? | 新的变化对你有什么影响 |
[39:05] | Well, change is inevitable. | 改变是不可避免的 |
[39:07] | Sometimes it’s bad, | 有时会变糟糕 |
[39:08] | like a virus mutating from monkeys to humans. | 就像从猴子跑到人身上的变异病毒 |
[39:11] | And sometimes it’s good, | 有时会变好 |
[39:12] | like a fruit evolving to combat sickness. | 就像水果可以治愈疾病一样 |
[39:16] | No matter what, though, change is gonna happen. In the end, | 不管是什么 改变总会发生 到最后 |
[39:18] | I know Ralph is old enough to make his own choices. | 我知道拉尔夫到了自己可以做决定的年龄 |
[39:20] | But I just wish he didn’t want to change | 我只是希望他不会想去 |
[39:24] | to match what he thinks the world wants. | 改变自己而迎合世界 |
[39:26] | Nice lid, kid. | 头型不错 小伙 |
[39:28] | That’s gonna get all the girls. | 一定能迷倒万千少女 |
[39:29] | I don’t care about that. | 我才不在乎 |
[39:31] | My old hair was preventing my lab goggles | 我的旧发型让我戴实验护目镜的时候 |
[39:32] | from creating a proper face seal. | 总是戴不严实 |
[39:39] | What was that for? | 干嘛要抱我 |
[39:41] | For not changing too much. | 为没有翻天覆地的改变 |
[39:44] | Just got off the phone with Dr. Silva. | 刚和席尔瓦博士通过电话 |
[39:46] | Thiago’s gonna be fine. | 蒂亚戈没什么大碍 |
[39:47] | And when the Rhondonian government | 当龙顿政府 |
[39:49] | went back into the jungle to collect more fruit | 回丛林采集更多水果 |
[39:51] | to make medicine, | 用于制药时 |
[39:52] | they busted the loggers. | 他们抓到了伐木者 |
[39:54] | Ah. We saved some lives, saved some trees. | 我们挽救了几条人命 挽救了一些树 |
[39:57] | And Toby made a new friend. | 托比交到了新朋友 |
[39:59] | I miss my monkey. | 我想我的猴子了 |
[40:01] | Well, I’m gonna gather my stuff and head on home. | 我收拾一下东西准备回家了 |
[40:03] | I got a TV dinner there with my name on it. | 我得去吃电视晚餐 |
[40:05] | Can’t be worse than the von von fruit. | 不能比旺旺果更糟糕了吧 |
[40:09] | Have a nice night, gang. | 祝你们有个愉快的夜晚 伙计们 |
[40:22] | I’m gonna ask Cabe if he wants to hang out tonight. | 我去问问凯布今晚想不想和我们出去玩 |
[40:24] | He still misses Allie. | 他依然忘不了艾莉 |
[40:26] | I think he could use a friend. | 我想他需要朋友 |
[40:33] | I’ll do it. | 我去吧 |
[40:34] | It’s kind of my job to take care of the team emotionally. | 照顾团队里大家的情感问题是我的分内事 |
[40:37] | No, I’ll do it. | 不 我去吧 |
[40:39] | He’s hurting, inside. | 他内心很受伤 |
[40:42] | I think I can help him. | 我觉得我可以帮到他 |
[40:52] | That was empathy. | 那种行为叫移情 |
[40:54] | Walter identified emotional pain in someone else | 沃特知道别人深受情感伤痛 |
[40:57] | and demonstrated empathy. | 然后表现了移情行为 |
[41:00] | You can’t empathize if you haven’t been through | 你自己如果没经历过类似的事 |
[41:02] | a similar situation yourself. | 是不会产生移情行为的 |
[41:05] | Walter wasn’t just being jealous or petty about Tim, was he? | 沃特不是出于对蒂姆的嫉妒 对吗 |
[41:08] | No, he wasn’t. | 没错 他不是 |
[41:11] | I know you didn’t mean to, but… | 我知道你不是有意的 但 |
[41:12] | you must’ve really broken his heart. | 你真的伤了他的心 |
[41:15] | And now he knows what that feels like, | 现在他知道这是种什么感觉 |
[41:17] | and he is applying that data to someone else. | 然后把这种情感运用到他人身上 |
[41:21] | Well, Ralph may not be changing, | 拉尔夫或许没变 |
[41:22] | but Walter certainly is. Hmm. | 但沃特肯定变了 |