时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | It started as a normal night. | 起初就是个寻常的晚上 |
[00:02] | I was getting ready to watch my favorite show. | 我正准备收看我最喜欢的节目 |
[00:09] | My dad was at work. | 爸爸还没下班 |
[00:10] | My mom was mopping. | 妈妈在拖地 |
[00:11] | I remember because I love the pine smell of that soap. | 我记得这点 因为我喜欢那肥皂的松树味儿 |
[00:17] | Could hear popcorn on the stove. | 能听到炉子上爆米花的声音 |
[00:31] | That was the night my father died. | 就在那晚 我父亲死了 |
[00:33] | H-How did you feel in that moment | 你当时是什么感觉 |
[00:35] | or in the moments that followed? | 或是接下来的时间里是什么感觉 |
[00:38] | I felt blessed. | 我觉得很幸运 |
[00:40] | Blessed? | 幸运 |
[00:41] | Blessed to have such a strong mother | 很幸运有那么坚强的母亲 |
[00:43] | that was able to get the two of us through such a tough time. | 她带着我们俩撑过了那么艰难的时刻 |
[00:46] | That’s wonderful. | 那很好 |
[00:48] | And powerful. | 很有力 |
[00:51] | Well, still, though, loss of a father… | 但是 失去父亲 |
[00:55] | My father died a hero, and I had it better than most. | 我父亲英勇殉职 而我已经比很多人幸福了 |
[00:59] | I mean, I learned more from that old man in nine years | 我在九年里 跟他学到的东西 |
[01:01] | than most people learn in a lifetime. | 比很多人一辈子学到的都多 |
[01:05] | I was blessed. | 我很幸运 |
[01:07] | Yeah, there’s no doubt he was a good father. | 嗯 他无疑是个好父亲 |
[01:08] | You’re proof of that. | 你就是活生生的证明 |
[01:12] | Didn’t you ever wonder why this happened to such a good man? | 你有想过 为什么这么好的人会遭遇这样的事吗 |
[01:16] | You know, a lot of people ask, “Why me?” | 很多人会问 “为什么是我” |
[01:19] | But why not me? | 但我为什么就可以幸免 |
[01:21] | Bad things happen all the time. | 坏事经常会发生 |
[01:24] | Why should I be exempt? | 我凭什么可以豁免 |
[01:30] | Time’s up. | 时间到了 |
[01:32] | Hey, thank you for opening up about that. | 谢谢你对我敞开心扉 |
[01:33] | I-I know you don’t like sharing and… | 我知道你不喜欢分享 |
[01:36] | hardly ever talk about your father. | 更不怎么提你父亲 |
[01:39] | I guess it’s not really therapy | 我猜不谈老爸老妈 |
[01:40] | unless you dig into Mom and Dad, huh? | 就不算谈话治疗了 是吧 |
[01:42] | That’s true. | 是啊 |
[01:44] | Hey, I’m glad we got this session in. | 我很高兴我们聊了 |
[01:46] | I haven’t seen you around much the past few weeks. | 这几周都没怎么见到你 |
[01:48] | Like you only drop in between cases to mooch meals. | 你似乎只在案子间隙过来 蹭饭吃 |
[01:50] | You know, I’m doing some, uh, legal research for my trial, | 我在为我的审判进行一些法律调研 |
[01:54] | trying to lighten Sly’s workload. | 想为希尔减轻负担 |
[01:56] | Sly hasn’t mentioned anything. | 希尔没提什么 |
[01:59] | I haven’t found anything useful. | 我没发现什么有用的 |
[02:01] | There’s nothing to report. | 没什么可说的 |
[02:15] | Well, I hope you and your friends are hungry. | 希望你和你的朋友们饿了 |
[02:18] | Hope you guys aren’t too hungry. | 希望你们没太饿 |
[02:19] | Thanksgiving on a tight budget. | 感恩节的预算很紧张 |
[02:22] | Glad Toby likes canned cranberry | 幸好托比喜欢罐装蔓越莓 |
[02:23] | ’cause we can’t afford to make the real thing. | 因为我们买不起真的 |
[02:25] | And Tom Turkey is a little smaller than last year. | 火鸡也比去年的小 |
[02:27] | Oh, Thomas. That’s a great name for a boy. | 托马斯 这是个不错的男子名 |
[02:30] | I can’t talk about this with you anymore. | 我不能再跟你谈这个了 |
[02:32] | Why? Picking baby names is the fun part. | 怎么了 选孩子的名字才是好玩的部分 |
[02:34] | Baby? | 孩子 |
[02:35] | Did I miss an announcement? | 我错过你宣布好消息了吗 |
[02:36] | No. No baby on the immediate horizon, | 没有 短时间内不会出现孩子 |
[02:39] | but Toby is determined to pick a name pronto. | 但是 托比非要马上选个名字 |
[02:42] | He read a study about how a strong name increases chances | 他读到研究说 强势的名字能增加 |
[02:45] | of a successful life. | 成功的几率 |
[02:46] | – Totally irrational. – Agreed. | -太没道理了 -是啊 |
[02:48] | The thing is, Toby wants to name the kid | 问题是 托比想以一位 |
[02:50] | after a distinguished relative, | 杰出的亲戚命名孩子 |
[02:52] | and that takes us back a few generations | 这就要往前几代里找了 |
[02:54] | and I do not want to end up raising an Obadiah Curtis, | 而我不想养大一个俄巴底亚·柯蒂斯 |
[02:57] | so I need some alternatives. | 所以我需要别的选择 |
[02:59] | Well, one obvious alternative | 一个近在眼前的选择 |
[03:02] | would be to name the baby Walter | 就是给孩子起名叫沃特 |
[03:04] | or Walena if it’s a girl. | 或是沃丽娜 如果是女孩的话 |
[03:08] | You said Toby wants a name that invokes success. | 你说托比想要个能带来成功的名字 |
[03:11] | Let me save everyone the suspense. | 我来替大家省了猜测吧 |
[03:13] | There’s not a chance our bambino | 我们的孩子 |
[03:14] | is gonna be saddled with either one of those names. | 绝不会叫那俩名字 |
[03:16] | I’m sorry, Walena. | 抱歉 沃丽娜 |
[03:22] | Hey, is it here? Did it come? | 到了吗 来了吗 |
[03:23] | Thought you were taking a vacation day. | 我以为你要休假呢 |
[03:25] | Uh, I did, but the new Chair of Blades book | 是啊 但《刀锋之椅》的新作 |
[03:27] | comes out today, and I had it delivered here | 今天发行 我让他们送来了这里 |
[03:28] | instead of my apartment. | 而不是送去我公寓 |
[03:30] | Okay, you got a package an hour ago. | 好吧 你一小时前收到一个包裹 |
[03:39] | It took J. Randall P. Smythe | J·兰道尔·P·斯迈斯 |
[03:41] | ten years to write this. | 花了十年才完成的著作 |
[03:43] | Ah, its weight is the heft | 这本书的重量是 |
[03:47] | of literary substance. | 文学内涵的重量 |
[03:49] | Sly, the book’s about magic. | 希尔 这书是写魔法的 |
[03:51] | Magic is for children’s birthday parties, | 魔法是孩子生日派对的主题 |
[03:52] | not grown men. | 不是大老爷们该看的 |
[03:53] | This is all nonsense. | 这都是胡扯 |
[03:55] | Look at that chair. | 看看那把椅子 |
[03:56] | It’s made of blades. | 是刀剑做的 |
[03:57] | Can’t sit in that chair. | 根本没法坐 |
[03:58] | Your body would be shred to pieces. | 你的身体会被撕成碎片的 |
[03:59] | Not if you’re a Klentorian | 如果你是克兰托里人就不会 |
[04:00] | because their bodies are impervious. | 他们是刀枪不入的 |
[04:02] | It’s another example of the infantilization of American culture. | 这又是一个美国文化幼齿化的例证 |
[04:05] | I love those books. | 我喜欢那些书 |
[04:07] | Does that make me an infant? | 那我也幼齿吗 |
[04:11] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[04:14] | What’s with the thermos, buddy? | 拿热水瓶干什么 伙计 |
[04:15] | Oh, I was inspired by Walt’s brain food regimen, | 我受了沃特的健脑食物养生法的启发 |
[04:18] | so this is a fish-based protein shake | 这是鱼蛋白奶昔 |
[04:21] | to get me through the read. | 我要靠它读完这本书 |
[04:23] | No meal breaks. | 不吃饭不休息 |
[04:26] | This is gonna be an all-nighter. | 得奋战整个通宵 |
[04:28] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[04:30] | Where is this child’s mother? | 谁是这个孩子的妈妈 |
[04:32] | Right here. What’s going on? | 在这呢 怎么了 |
[04:34] | I think this belongs to you. | 这应该是你的 |
[04:36] | Yes, his name’s Ralph. | 是 他叫拉尔夫 |
[04:37] | Let go of his wrist, please. What’s going on? | 请放开他的手 发生什么事了 |
[04:40] | He was crawling through the ceiling vents in my lab. | 他在我实验室天花板上的通风管道里爬 |
[04:42] | That is, until he fell through the ceiling | 最后从天花板上掉下来 |
[04:44] | and destroyed a very expensive set of Erlenmeyer flasks. | 毁掉了我一套非常昂贵的锥形烧瓶 |
[04:47] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[04:48] | He’s fine. I checked. | 他没事 我检查过了 |
[04:49] | What were you looking for up there? | 你爬到上面是找什么 |
[04:50] | Parental guidance, perhaps. | 可能是找父母的监督吧 |
[04:52] | Could you please let my son answer? Spill it. | 能让我的儿子回答吗 快说 |
[04:54] | Some of our waxworms matured into moths | 咱们的蜡虫长成了飞蛾 |
[04:56] | and flew into the vents. | 飞到了通风管道里 |
[04:57] | I know Florence is particular about her work space, | 我知道弗洛伦斯很在乎她的工作空间 |
[05:00] | so I went to retrieve them | 所以我就想去把它们抓回来 |
[05:01] | so that she wouldn’t get upset. | 免得她生气 |
[05:03] | How’d that work out for you? | 结果又怎么样呢 |
[05:05] | Ralph, what do you have to say? | 拉尔夫 你有什么要说的 |
[05:07] | Those vents are poorly constructed. | 通风管太不结实了 |
[05:09] | You’re reading the room wrong, kid. | 你搞错状况了 孩子 |
[05:14] | I apologize. | 对不起 |
[05:16] | Well, I don’t blame you. | 我不怪你 |
[05:18] | You’re a child, curious and unformed. | 你只是个充满好奇 还未成熟的小孩子 |
[05:21] | It is the job of your parent to keep an eye on you. | 照看好你是你父母的职责 |
[05:25] | Paige is an excellent mother. | 佩吉是个优秀的母亲 |
[05:28] | If you must know, | 要知道 |
[05:29] | I give Ralph a little bit more freedom | 我会给拉尔夫更多的自由 |
[05:31] | because he is a genius. | 因为他是个天才 |
[05:33] | What a shock– | 震惊 |
[05:34] | an L.A. Mother who thinks that her child is a genius. | 来自洛杉矶的母亲居然认为自己的儿子是天才 |
[05:37] | And watch your moth infestation. | 注意你们的蛾子 别成灾了 |
[05:39] | It’s not an infestation. | 才不是什么灾 |
[05:41] | It’s a solution we’ve devised for NOAA, National Oceanic… | 是我们为NOAA想出的解决方案 国家海洋… |
[05:44] | And Atmospheric Administration. I’m familiar. | 大气管理局 我知道 |
[05:46] | It is a prestigious job. | 这份工作很重要 |
[05:48] | We’re cleaning the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, | 我们要负责清理大太平洋垃圾带 |
[05:50] | a 500-ton mass of plastic shards floating in the ocean. | 那里有500吨塑料垃圾漂浮在海上 |
[05:53] | Until a piece the size of a football field broke off, | 但有一块球场大小的碎片脱离了 |
[05:56] | started drifting toward the West Coast, | 开始向西海岸漂来 |
[05:58] | leaching chemicals as it goes. | 并且一直在释放化学物质 |
[06:00] | I am assuming you’re using waxworms | 我猜你们用蜡虫 |
[06:02] | because they eat and digest plastic, | 是因为它们能消化塑料 |
[06:04] | rendering it nontoxic. | 将其变得无毒无害 |
[06:05] | I can see that you developed some sort of binding agent? | 你们这是研发出了一种粘合剂吗 |
[06:08] | We spray it on the plastic shards | 把它喷到塑料碎片上 |
[06:10] | so it hardens into a solid mass. | 便会凝固成坚硬的固体 |
[06:12] | That way we can walk right onto the trash | 这样我们就可以走到碎片上 |
[06:14] | and scatter the worms. | 在上面撒虫子 |
[06:15] | Just what geniuses do. | 天才就是干这些的 |
[06:17] | It’s a foolproof solution. | 这个方案万无一失 |
[06:20] | If you consider a 93% success rate foolproof. | 93%对你来说也算万无一失 |
[06:24] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[06:25] | Your binding agent is flawed. | 你的黏合剂有缺陷 |
[06:28] | It has a chemical that will partially pass through the worms | 里面的某种化学物质经过蜡虫后 |
[06:30] | intact, right back into the Pacific. | 仍会有一部分完整地回到海洋中 |
[06:33] | I estimate a seven percent rate of failure. | 据我估计 有7%的失败几率 |
[06:35] | That would leave 35 tons of plastic in the ocean. | 海上还会剩下35吨塑料垃圾 |
[06:38] | Well, that’s assuming she’s correct, which she isn’t. | 前提是她没错 但是她错了 |
[06:41] | Our formula is better than every existing binding agent. | 我们的配方比现存的所有粘合剂都好 |
[06:44] | Not every existing binding agent. | 并不是所有的粘合剂 |
[06:47] | The one that I made in my lab, | 我在实验室里研发出的 |
[06:49] | despite constant interruptions, | 虽然经常被你们打扰 |
[06:52] | is fully organic. | 但我的是完全有机的 |
[06:53] | No chemical coating. | 没有化学覆盖层 |
[06:55] | Your worms could digest a hundred percent of the plastic. | 你们的虫子会100%消化掉那些塑料 |
[06:58] | Last time I checked, a hundred percent | 据我所知 100% |
[06:59] | is better than 93, but I’m not a genius. | 肯定好过93% 但我并不是天才 |
[07:02] | I’m just a chemist. | 我只是一个化学家 |
[07:06] | Lucky for you guys, | 算你们走运 |
[07:07] | my lab has run into a bit of a funding gap, | 我的实验室最近也资金紧缺 |
[07:10] | so I’m willing to tag along | 因此我愿意跟你们一起去 |
[07:12] | for one sixth of the take. | 酬劳分给我六分之一就行 |
[07:13] | – Absolutely not. – Walter, perhaps we should… | -绝对不行 -沃特 也许我们… |
[07:15] | – I don’t like her. – Excuse me. | -我不喜欢她 -不好意思 |
[07:17] | Walter, you’re letting your personal feelings | 沃特 你这是在让自己的私人情感 |
[07:19] | get in the way of work. | 耽误工作 |
[07:20] | Now, if her product is more effec… more effective, | 如果她的产品更有效 |
[07:24] | then we’ll do a better job with the 100-yard chunk | 那么我们就能出色地清理到这块100米的 |
[07:26] | of ocean trash, and perhaps we’ll get hired | 海洋垃圾 也许他们会让我们 |
[07:28] | to clean up the rest and then we won’t be broke anymore. | 继续清理剩余的 那样我们就有钱了 |
[07:31] | She’s arrogant and condescending. | 她很傲慢 居高临下的 |
[07:33] | Oh, hi, pot. I see you’ve met kettle. | 五十步你好 那位是一百步 |
[07:35] | I know she stinks, but since when does | 我知道她不好相处 但沃特·奥布莱恩 |
[07:37] | Walter O’Brien choose the less efficient route? | 什么时候开始要选择低效率的方法了 |
[07:44] | You have a deal. | 就这么定了 |
[07:45] | At one-sixth our fee, assuming your product passes inspection. | 费用分你六分之一 前提是你的产品可以通过检测 |
[07:48] | So, we leave in… 40 minutes. | 我们40分钟后出发 |
[07:51] | So, let’s pack up the worms. | 把虫子都装好吧 |
[07:52] | It’s today? | 是今天吗 |
[07:54] | – It’s Thanksgiving. – Not that it’s your business, | -今天是感恩节 -虽然并不关你的事 |
[07:56] | but NOAA charges a great deal for use of their boats, | 但租用NOAA的船费用很高 |
[07:59] | so we procured one of our own. | 所以我们自己找了一艘 |
[08:01] | And the rates are cheapest on Thanksgiving. | 而感恩节收费比较低 |
[08:03] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[08:04] | You have holiday plans, so you can’t come with us. | 你有节日计划了 所以你不能跟我们来了 |
[08:07] | Actually… | 实际上… |
[08:10] | I’m free. | 我可以去 |
[08:11] | No plans. | 没计划 |
[08:13] | No friends. | 没朋友 |
[08:15] | How not shocking. | 我怎么不觉得惊讶呢 |
[08:19] | Oh, Ralph, that’s your troop leader. | 拉尔夫 你的领队到了 |
[08:20] | Don’t forget our contribution for the food drive, | 别忘了带上我们为食品募捐活动准备的东西 |
[08:22] | and I’ll see you tonight at dinner. | 我们晚餐时见 |
[08:24] | Hey, Paige, can I get a word with you in the kitchen? | 佩吉 我们能到厨房说句话吗 |
[08:28] | You know, I think I’m gonna hang back, make the yams. | 我觉得我最好还是留下来 做红薯 |
[08:32] | You don’t cook. | 你不会做饭 |
[08:34] | Cabe is on the verge of a major breakthrough in therapy. | 凯布的治疗马上就要取得重大进展了 |
[08:37] | I think I can really help him | 我觉得我真的能帮到他 |
[08:38] | with all his fears about the trial and prison. | 帮他克服对庭审以及监狱的恐惧 |
[08:41] | I mean, we’re making some good progress here. | 这个治疗真的有所成效 |
[08:44] | That’s great. | 那很好啊 |
[08:45] | I think it’d be good if I stay here with him. | 我觉得假如我能留下来陪他会比较好 |
[08:47] | I mean, you don’t really need me | 反正你也不需要我 |
[08:48] | or an unarmed intern to scatter worms on garbage. | 或是一个没配枪的实习生帮你撒虫子吧 |
[08:52] | No, but we’ll be a pair of hands short. | 的确 但那样的话我们人手就不够了 |
[08:55] | Yes. | 棒 |
[08:58] | I got a solution. | 我有办法了 |
[09:01] | Hey, buddy. | 你好啊 兄弟 |
[09:04] | Hey, pal. | 你好啊 兄弟 |
[09:05] | I have to tell you, I am just loving my vacation. | 我必须得告诉你 我爱死我的假期了 |
[09:10] | I’m just loving my vacation. | 我还真是爱死我的假期了 |
[09:13] | Oh, man. | 老天爷 |
[09:25] | Okay, Ralph’s pumpkin launcher is loaded. | 好了 拉尔夫的南瓜发射器装好了 |
[09:27] | Now, the balls have a three-second timer, | 炸弹上有三秒的定时器 |
[09:29] | so it should explode shortly after launch, | 所以发射后不久就会爆炸 |
[09:32] | raining binding agent down on plastic shards | 将粘合剂洒在塑料上 |
[09:34] | and hardening the plastic. | 使塑料硬化 |
[09:35] | That’s assuming that your chemical solution works. | 假设你的化学方案有效的话 |
[09:39] | It does. | 肯定有效 |
[09:40] | Walt, hold up. | 沃特 等等 |
[09:41] | I ran the physics, I know the launch angle, | 我用物理计算了一下 我知道发射角度 |
[09:43] | give me that sucker. | 把那家伙给我 |
[09:48] | Fire in the hole! | 小心炸弹 |
[09:53] | All right. | 好了 |
[09:55] | The agent should congeal the plastic into one solid mass. | 粘合剂应该会把这些塑料粘成一大块 |
[09:58] | It’ll be safe to walk on in about two hours. | 两个小时之后我们就能站上去了 |
[10:01] | Looks like you’ve got some time to read. | 看来你有时间读书了 |
[10:03] | Best vacation ever. | 真是最棒的假期 |
[10:09] | Look at you, pretty handy with a yam. | 瞧瞧你啊 挺会削皮的嘛 |
[10:12] | Yeah, you don’t need an IQ like yours to peel vegetables. | 是啊 削皮不需要你们那么高的智商 |
[10:16] | That story you were telling me earlier | 你之前告诉我的那个故事 |
[10:17] | got me thinking about those old TVs. | 让我想起了那些老电视 |
[10:20] | Grandmother had one. | 我奶奶就有一台 |
[10:21] | I loved it, except the reception was always so fuzzy. | 我超爱它的 但就是信号不好 |
[10:24] | Not ours. Perfect picture. | 我们家的不会 显像很清楚 |
[10:29] | That stove-top popcorn, | 还有那个爆米花 |
[10:30] | ah, that brought me back, too. | 那个也将我带回了过去 |
[10:33] | Used to love watching the tinfoil rise, | 我以前很爱看着那个锡纸鼓起来 |
[10:35] | but that bottom layer always got burnt. | 但最底下那层总是会烧焦 |
[10:37] | Not the way my mom did it. | 我妈妈就从来不会 |
[10:39] | Was good to the last kernel. | 每一颗都非常完美 |
[10:43] | I’m gonna hit the head. Be right back. | 我去上个厕所 马上回来 |
[10:49] | Patient confirms likely fictitious recollections. | 病人在强化自己虚构的回忆 |
[10:52] | His details are suffering from nostalgic whitewashing | 他所描述的细节完全是怀旧式的粉饰太平 |
[10:55] | where no bad memory, | 不包含任何糟糕的记忆 |
[10:56] | even something as small as burnt popcorn, is allowed to exist. | 甚至连烤焦的爆米花这种小事都没有 |
[11:00] | Further research is required. | 需要进一步研究 |
[11:05] | Plastic’s consolidated. | 塑料变硬了 |
[11:07] | Two hours on the dot. | 正好两小时 |
[11:08] | My binding agent worked perfectly. | 我的粘合剂非常有效 |
[11:10] | Well, let’s hope it doesn’t disintegrate under our feet. | 希望它们不会在我们脚底下解体 |
[11:13] | Be careful. | 小心 |
[11:16] | Look at you, walking right across the water. | 瞧瞧你啊 在水面上好好走着呢 |
[11:19] | Toby always said Walt had a god complex. | 托比总说沃特有上帝情结 |
[11:22] | Solid as advertised. | 名不虚传 |
[11:24] | Congratulations, you perfected glue. | 恭喜 完美的胶水 |
[11:26] | Okay, let’s get to it. | 好了 我们动手吧 |
[11:27] | Sly, help Happy unpack the worms. | 希尔 帮乐乐把虫子拿出来 |
[11:29] | That was not a part of my vacation. | 那可不是我的假期计划 |
[11:32] | It’s just ’cause Toby wanted to make yams. | 就因为托比想处理红薯 |
[11:38] | Been watching these guys for an hour now. | 我盯着这些虫子看了一小时了 |
[11:40] | They start eating as soon as they hit pay dirt. | 它们一发现食物就会开始大快朵颐的 |
[11:43] | – This is gonna work better than we thought. – Yeah. | -这会比我们想象中的更有效 -没错 |
[11:47] | Uh, Paige? | 佩吉 |
[11:48] | The current is starting to drift the boat away from the island. | 洋流开始把船往离岸方向推了 |
[11:51] | Could you guys secure the vessel? | 麻烦你们固定一下船只 |
[11:52] | We’ve been trying. | 我们一直在努力 |
[11:53] | Attempting to steady this boat while Sly parks this baby. | 想在希尔抛锚停船的同时稳住这艘船 |
[11:57] | I don’t know when that’s going to happen. | 我不知道什么时候才能搞好 |
[11:59] | Having a little bit of trouble dropping anchor. | 抛锚[大便]不是很顺利 |
[12:01] | Have you tried a high-fiber diet? | 你试过高纤维饮食法[用于通便]吗 |
[12:04] | Well, that kind of humor is Toby’s influence. | 这种幽默是受托比的影响吧 |
[12:07] | Guys, seriously. I’m jammed up. | 伙计们 认真的 我被卡住了 |
[12:09] | I’ll let that one lie. | 这句话我就不拿来开玩笑了 |
[12:11] | Walt, we can’t get this anchor mechanism to work. | 沃特 这个锚用不了了 |
[12:13] | We’re gonna drift a little bit, but when you’re done, | 我们会往外漂一段 等你们搞完了 |
[12:14] | we’ll swing by, pick you up. | 我们再开回来接你们 |
[12:16] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[12:19] | So, um, speaking of the influence | 说到柯蒂斯博士 |
[12:21] | that Dr. Curtis has had on you, | 对你的影响 |
[12:22] | I hope he’s not forcing your hand on the baby name front. | 希望他没有在给孩子起名的事上强迫你 |
[12:26] | Since when can Toby force my hand on anything? | 托比什么时候能强迫我怎样了 |
[12:29] | He got you to marry him. | 他让你嫁给他了 |
[12:30] | Touché. | 说得好 |
[12:31] | You know, I’m just saying, | 我的意思是 |
[12:33] | that history has had its share of exemplary Walters. | 沃特在历史上名人辈出 |
[12:37] | Milwaukee North Side Strangler: Walter Ellis. | 密尔沃基北区杀手 沃特·埃利斯 |
[12:40] | Sir Walter Raleigh, | 沃特·雷利爵士 |
[12:41] | founder of the doomed colony of Roanoke, | 悲惨的罗诺洛克殖民地的创始人 |
[12:43] | and, of course, Walter Mondale. | 当然还有沃特·蒙代尔 |
[12:46] | What’s wrong with Mondale? | 蒙代尔怎么了 |
[12:47] | He lost 49 out of 50 states. | 50个州 他只赢得了一个州的选票 |
[12:50] | So, if you want your kid to grow up to be a loser, | 如果你想你的孩子长大变成一个废柴 |
[12:52] | that’s your choice. | 随你的便 |
[12:53] | Just spread your worms. | 快撒你的虫子吧 |
[12:54] | Can’t. My buckets are empty. | 不行哦 我的桶空了 |
[12:57] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也是 |
[12:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:59] | Let’s let these guys feast and clean the Pacific. | 那让这些家伙开始享用大餐净化太平洋吧 |
[13:02] | Paige, we’re done. | 佩吉 我们搞完了 |
[13:03] | – Come get us. – Okay. On our way. | -过来接我们吧 -好的 这就来 |
[13:10] | Uh, we got a little bit of a problem. | 我们遇到小麻烦了 |
[13:12] | The engine doesn’t seem to want to turn over. | 引擎似乎不想转了 |
[13:13] | There’s no “seem” when it comes to engines. | 引擎的问题都不会是”似乎” |
[13:15] | Either they work or they don’t. | 要么正常要么罢工 |
[13:17] | Then we’re dealing with a “don’t” situation, | 那现在引擎罢工了 |
[13:18] | because the fuel is high, | 因为燃油充足 |
[13:19] | there’s-there’s no warning lights. | 也没有什么警告灯亮 |
[13:21] | Just sounds really angry. | 就是引擎发出的声音听起来非常生气 |
[13:23] | Thank you for the high-end diagnostic. | 谢谢你的高端诊断 |
[13:25] | But there’s got to be a reason… | 但是肯定有原因的 |
[13:27] | Walt? | 沃特 |
[13:29] | We got a problem. | 这里遇到点麻烦 |
[13:34] | Those are men o’ war. | 这些是增帽水母 |
[13:35] | There’s thousands of them. | 这里有几千只 |
[13:36] | I believe the plural is “Man of wars.” | 应该是”僧帽水母” |
[13:38] | Whatever they are, | 不管是什么 |
[13:39] | they are caught in the works of the anchor | 它们被困在锚 |
[13:41] | and the engine’s water intake. | 和引擎的进水口了 |
[13:43] | That’s why the boat is dead. | 所以船才启动不了 |
[13:45] | Are they eating the trash? | 它们在吃垃圾吗 |
[13:46] | No. Jellyfish don’t eat garbage. | 不是 水母不吃垃圾 |
[13:49] | If they did, we wouldn’t have brought worms. | 如果它们吃垃圾 我们就不用带蠕虫过来了 |
[13:52] | It’s not the garbage that they’re eating, | 它们不是在吃垃圾 |
[13:54] | it’s the binding agent. | 而是在吃黏合剂 |
[13:55] | What’d you put in the solution? | 你在溶液里加了什么 |
[13:56] | Agar, various proteins, copepods, rotifers. | 琼脂 各种蛋白质 桡足动物 轮虫 |
[13:59] | Copepods and rotifers? | 桡足动物和轮虫 |
[14:01] | Building blocks for zooplankton. | 组成浮游生物的基本成员 |
[14:02] | It’s the snack of choice for jellyfish. | 都是水母的零食 |
[14:03] | How did you not think of that? | 你怎么没想到这点呢 |
[14:04] | Because I am a chemist, | 因为我是个化学家 |
[14:06] | not a zoologist. | 不是动物学家 |
[14:07] | So why didn’t you think to ask? | 所以你为什么没想到要问我 |
[14:09] | Doesn’t matter whose fault it is. | 是谁的错不打紧 |
[14:11] | Kind of matters. | 打紧 |
[14:12] | Point is, | 重点是 |
[14:13] | we can’t start the engine | 只有清除掉这些水母 |
[14:14] | until we clear out the jellyfish. | 我们才能发动引擎 |
[14:16] | Clear out the super-poisonous, deadly jellyfish? | 清除掉这些超级剧毒 致人于死地的水母 |
[14:18] | Sounds simple. | 听起来很简单 |
[14:20] | Great. | 好极了 |
[14:21] | There’s no signal out here. | 这里没有信号 |
[14:22] | Okay. I-I’ll radio the Coast Guard. | 好吧 我给海岸警卫队发无线电 |
[14:23] | Better get here fast, | 最好能快点赶到 |
[14:24] | ’cause we just dropped a thousand plastic-eating worms | 因为我们刚在岛上洒了一千只吞食塑料的蠕虫 |
[14:26] | on this island, and in 90 minutes, it’ll disintegrate, | 90分钟内 岛就被分解了 |
[14:29] | and we’ll be in the water getting stung to death. | 到那时我们就要落水被水母蛰到死 |
[14:31] | Actually, man o’ war stings are toxic, not lethal. | 其实僧帽水母的刺是带毒的 但并不致命 |
[14:34] | How about a hundred of them? | 那如果有几百只呢 |
[14:35] | Totally lethal. | 那就相当致命了 |
[14:36] | Well, the bloom has doubled since we’ve been talking. | 我们说话这阵子功夫水母的数量已经翻倍了 |
[14:39] | They can do more than double. | 会比那还多 |
[14:40] | Blooms can grow dozens of miles long. | 水母群能增长到两万米长 |
[14:42] | So by the time the Coast Guard gets here, | 那等到海岸警卫队赶到时 |
[14:45] | they’ll have to anchor 12 miles out and row to us, | 就会有两万米长的水母队列游向我们 |
[14:47] | by which time, we will definitely be in the water. | 而那时 我们肯定已经在海里了 |
[14:50] | Once again, getting stung to death. | 还是得被蛰到死 |
[14:53] | I am so glad you came along today, Flo. | 你今天一起来我真是太高兴了 弗洛 |
[15:06] | Worms must have been starving ’cause this garbage raft | 虫子肯定都饿坏了 因为这个垃圾筏 |
[15:09] | is decaying faster than anticipated. | 比预期分解得要快 |
[15:11] | More bad news. | 还有个坏消息 |
[15:12] | The Coast Guard is hours away. | 海岸警卫队过来要几个小时 |
[15:14] | We don’t have hours. | 我们没有几个小时了 |
[15:15] | That’s the first correct thing you’ve said today. | 这是你今天第一次说对 |
[15:17] | I have a potential, yet stressful, solution. | 我有个主意 可能有用但很难办 |
[15:20] | Uh, we connect two ropes to form a bridge | 我们用两根绳子在 |
[15:23] | between the garbage island and our boat. | 垃圾岛和我们的船之间架成桥 |
[15:24] | Your fix is to make us swing over deadly sea creatures? | 你的办法就是让我们挂在致命海洋生物上方吗 |
[15:27] | How are we supposed to get the rope all the way to them? | 我们怎么把绳子飞过去 |
[15:29] | – Harpoon gun. – Harpoon gun. | -捕鲸炮 -捕鲸炮 |
[15:31] | I spotted it earlier, when we were loading gear in the cabin. | 我们在船舱里装设备时我发现的 |
[15:33] | Fairly certain I saw it first. | 我确定是我先看见的 |
[15:39] | I think this just might work. | 我觉得这个可行 |
[15:44] | Okay, Sly? Hurry and launch that rope! | 好吧 希尔 快点发射绳子 |
[15:46] | This thing is cracking under our feet! | 我们脚下的垃圾正在分解 |
[15:54] | Ugh. Cabe, you mind hitting that | 凯布 麻烦用清洁剂 |
[15:56] | with some cleanser? | 把那里弄干净 |
[15:57] | I’m wrist-deep in chowder over here. | 我得忙着炖杂烩羹 |
[16:03] | Sure. | 好 |
[16:22] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[16:23] | Yeah, I’m-I’m fine, I… | 我 我没事 |
[16:27] | I’m gonna get a pan for the turkey. | 我去拿个平底锅装火鸡 |
[16:39] | Patient exhibits strong reaction to olfactory memory trigger. | 病人对嗅觉记忆诱因反应强烈 |
[16:43] | Moving on to second phase of testing. | 进入第二阶段测试 |
[16:46] | Are you ready to launch that thing or what? | 你准备好发射那东西了吗 |
[16:48] | Just calculating the trajectory of the harpoon. | 我在计算渔叉的位置 |
[16:51] | I need to be seven more inches off the ground | 我得离地面约18厘米 |
[16:53] | in order to achieve the angle | 才能到达 |
[16:54] | necessary to securely plant the harpoon on the island. | 让渔叉顺利到达浮岛所需的角度 |
[16:57] | This thing’s about seven inches. | 这个应该有18厘米高 |
[16:59] | My tome? | 我的巨著 |
[17:00] | Just stand on the damn thing. | 快站上去 |
[17:02] | J. Randall P. Smythe, forgive me. | J·兰德尔·P·史麦斯 原谅我 |
[17:06] | By the fire of Klentoria! | 克兰托里人之火 |
[17:16] | Seems sturdy. | 好像很牢固 |
[17:18] | Good work, Sly. | 漂亮 希尔 |
[17:19] | Thanks, but we won’t know for sure | 谢了 只有等真的爬上去了 |
[17:20] | until someone’s actually on it, though. | 才能确定真的很牢固 |
[17:22] | I’ll just put you up here | 把你放在这 |
[17:24] | for safekeeping. | 保险一些 |
[17:27] | Lots of lethal planktonic invertebrates down there. | 下面有很多致命的无脊椎浮游物 |
[17:30] | So, who wants to go first? | 那谁想先来 |
[17:32] | I’ll go. | 我来 |
[17:34] | Oh, sure, yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:34] | The person who caused the predicament should absolutely | 害我们困在这的人当然要 |
[17:37] | be the first one to safety. | 第一个到达安全地带 |
[17:39] | It’s pretty gutsy. | 很有胆量啊 |
[17:40] | If this thing doesn’t hold, she’s the test dummy. | 要是这东西支撑不住 她就成了试验假人 |
[17:45] | Suppose you’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[17:47] | The wind is pretty unpredictable, | 风向很难预测 |
[17:48] | so keep the space in between your hands equidistant | 每次移动的时候 双手间保持等距 |
[17:51] | on each swing to prevent stability loss. | 防止失去稳定性 |
[17:54] | That is apparent. | 显而易见 |
[17:55] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[17:58] | I hope you have the requisite upper body strength | 但愿你的体力能支撑你 |
[18:00] | to make it across. | 抵达安全地带 |
[18:01] | I think ten years of Tae Bo has prepared me well. | 练了十年跆搏健身操的我体力应该没问题 |
[18:05] | Well, I focus my time on research, not athletics. | 我在专心搞研究 无暇搞锻炼 |
[18:11] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[18:25] | Strong little monkey. | 强壮的小猴子 |
[18:26] | Yeah. Well, she focuses on athletics, not research. | 对 因为她专心搞锻炼 而不是搞研究 |
[18:30] | Well, she’s a strong little monkey. | 她还真是只强壮的小猴子 |
[18:32] | Okay, come on. We got you. | 加油 我们在这 |
[18:35] | Okay. | 好了 |
[18:39] | Oh, boy. The current’s pulling back out. | 天啊 水流在往反方向流 |
[18:41] | The rope doesn’t have the tensile strength | 绳子的弹力不够承受 |
[18:42] | to take on much strain! | 这么大的拉力 |
[18:43] | Guys, get across now! | 两位 快过来 |
[18:45] | I’ll hold it steady. You go. | 我稳住绳子 你快走 |
[18:46] | But then you’ll have to go on your own. | 到时就剩你一个了 |
[18:47] | You don’t have the best balance, you know? | 你就很难平稳地过去了 |
[18:49] | I focus my time on research, not athletics. | 我在专心搞研究 无暇搞锻炼 |
[18:51] | Okay. Snippy. | 好吧 傲娇鬼 |
[19:00] | Whoa, Nellie! | 内莉 |
[19:02] | Hold on! Hold on! | 稳住 稳住 |
[19:05] | I don’t think the rope’s gonna hold. | 绳子应该撑不住了 |
[19:09] | Oh, forget the rope. | 别管绳子了 |
[19:10] | The harpoon’s being pulled out! | 渔叉快被拔起出来了 |
[19:11] | Walt, | 沃特 |
[19:12] | if that harpoon pops, I’m a goner! | 要是渔叉弹出来了 我就死定了 |
[19:17] | I can’t hold on! | 我拉不住了 |
[19:19] | I’m turning back. | 我要折回去 |
[19:20] | I think the harpoon’s coming out! | 渔叉要弹出来了 |
[19:23] | The harpoon is definitely coming out. | 渔叉肯定要弹出来了 |
[19:24] | Happy, hurry! | 乐乐 快 |
[19:35] | The harpoon punctured the hull. | 渔叉刺穿了船壳 |
[19:36] | We’re taking on water. | 船进水了 |
[19:48] | When the harpoon snapped off, | 渔叉反弹回来时 |
[19:49] | it took a hunk of plastic with it. | 带来了一堆塑料 |
[19:52] | Made the hole worse. | 漏洞更大了 |
[19:53] | Thank you for the play-by-play. | 谢谢你的现场解说 |
[19:54] | I’d always hoped to die fully informed. | 我一直希望能死得明明白白 |
[19:56] | All right, I’m radioing | 我给海岸警卫队 |
[19:56] | the Coast Guard to get an ETA on their arrival. | 发无线电问他们预计何时到达 |
[19:58] | Not possible. | 不可能 |
[19:59] | The harpoon cut the telecom hub. | 渔叉切断了通讯设备 |
[20:02] | Great, so there’s no radio and no cell service. | 很好 没无线电 也没手机信号 |
[20:04] | And the yahoos in the garage | 车库里的那俩笨蛋 |
[20:05] | won’t have their comms in until Cabe’s therapy is wrapped up, | 要等凯布的治疗结束后才能联系上 |
[20:08] | so we can’t get to them for help. | 所以我们没法向他们求助 |
[20:09] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[20:11] | Just ’cause they don’t have them in, | 他们没有戴通讯器 |
[20:12] | doesn’t mean they can’t hear us. | 不代表就听不见我们 |
[20:14] | How are they supposed to hear us over their comms | 他们要是没戴通讯器怎么可能 |
[20:15] | if they’re not wearing them? They’re not bats. | 听得见我们 他们又不是蝙蝠 |
[20:17] | Actually, moths have | 其实飞蛾的听觉 |
[20:19] | better hearing than bats, but I totally get your point. | 比蝙蝠还好 但我完全明白你的点 |
[20:21] | Who the hell cares? | 谁管这些 |
[20:22] | Walter, I’m not about to sink out here with these nerds. | 沃特 我才不要跟这俩呆子一起沉入大海 |
[20:23] | What’s your plan? | 你有什么计划 |
[20:24] | We manipulate the comm’s microwave frequencies | 调整通讯器的微波频率 |
[20:27] | to send a high-pitch signal. | 发送高频信号 |
[20:28] | You’ll need to manipulate the transmitter. | 你需要处理一下传送器 |
[20:31] | I can use a paper clip. | 我可以用这个回形针 |
[20:32] | Great idea, but the water rushing in | 好主意 但照这个水势 |
[20:33] | won’t wait for the Coast Guard. | 我们等不到海岸警卫队来救援了 |
[20:34] | So, plug the hole. | 那就把洞塞住 |
[20:36] | No clue how, so don’t ask for a follow-up. | 还没想好用什么办法 别追问了 |
[20:39] | Okay, okay, I can synthesize a polymer | 我可以用鱼叉上的塑料 |
[20:41] | using the plastic from the harpoon, | 加上船体外的生胶密封剂 |
[20:43] | boiled together with the unvulcanized rubber sealant from the hull. | 一起煮开 合成一种聚合物 |
[20:46] | Let’s get cooking. | 那就开煮吧 |
[20:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:53] | Um, boss? | 老大 |
[20:54] | Are we gonna ignore | 我们是要忽略 |
[20:56] | the jellyfish in the room? | 这片海域的水母吗 |
[20:57] | They can fix the boat all they want, | 他们可以修好船 |
[20:59] | but we can’t fix this plastic craptastic barge we’re on. | 但我们修复不了脚下这艘塑料垃圾船 |
[21:02] | Well, once they get in touch with Toby and Cabe, | 只要他们联系上托比和凯布 |
[21:04] | they’ll get help. Until then, | 就能得到援助 在此之前 |
[21:05] | I’m confident in the seaworthiness of this thing… | 我对这个东西的适航性有信心 |
[21:09] | Okay, we’re dead if we don’t get off this thing. | 如果我们摆脱不了这东西就死定了 |
[21:11] | The worms are starting to eat right through it. | 这些蠕虫快把它咬穿了 |
[21:13] | We just need to figure out a way to swim without getting stung. | 我们得想法办法游出去 不被蛰 |
[21:16] | Perhaps Groucho Marx glasses. | 也许戴上格劳乔·马克斯眼镜 |
[21:18] | They’ll never recognize us. | 他们就认不出我们了 |
[21:20] | Disguise. | 伪装 |
[21:21] | E-Exactly. | 对极了 |
[21:22] | The jellyfish hunt | 水母通过味觉和嗅觉觅食 |
[21:23] | via taste and smell, so if we mimic their biological makeup, | 如果我们模拟他们的生物组成 |
[21:27] | then they’ll think that we’re jellyfish, too, | 他们就会把我们当做同类 |
[21:29] | and ignore us. | 于是忽略我们 |
[21:30] | Sly, we’ll need your fish oil-based protein shake. | 希尔 我们需要你的鱼油基蛋白奶昔 |
[21:33] | My lunch? | 我的午饭 |
[21:34] | If we denature the shake proteins | 如果我们用塑料上收集的海盐 |
[21:36] | with sea salt that’s collected on the plastic, | 来改变奶昔里蛋白质的性质 |
[21:38] | we’ll be able to mimic the proteins | 我们就能模拟出 |
[21:40] | in the bells of the jellyfish. | 水母铃形体中的蛋白质 |
[21:42] | We’ll baste up like a couple of turkeys | 我们会像两只涂了油的火鸡 |
[21:43] | and swim past the jellies. | 游过水母群 |
[21:45] | But my lunch is here. | 但我的午饭在这边 |
[21:47] | The pumpkin chucker. | 南瓜投手 |
[21:49] | We have extra plastic balls | 我们有几个多余的 |
[21:50] | from when we launched the binding agent. | 发射粘合剂用的塑料球 |
[21:52] | We can fill them with my protein shake. | 我们可以用它们来装蛋白奶昔 |
[21:53] | Paige, I will talk you through modifying the launcher | 佩奇 我会向你解释怎么调整发射器 |
[21:55] | so it can properly toss Sly’s lunch. | 来正确投射希尔的午饭 |
[21:58] | Really? | 真的 |
[21:58] | Could you people be any less mature? | 你们这些人太不成熟了吧 |
[22:01] | I’m headed topside. | 我这就上甲板 |
[22:02] | Oh, and we could be infinitely less mature. | 我们还可以更不成熟 |
[22:04] | Happy could’ve easily said | 乐乐本来可以轻易地说 |
[22:05] | it’s time to launch Sly’s balls, | 发射希尔的球[蛋蛋] |
[22:06] | but she didn’t. | 但她没有 |
[22:13] | Look at that golden beauty, Doc, huh? | 看看这金色美宴 医生 |
[22:16] | Staying back, doing the cooking. | 待在大本营里做做饭 |
[22:19] | What better way to spend a day? | 没有比这更美妙的一天了 |
[22:21] | Doesn’t mean it can’t be made better | 要是来点爆米花 |
[22:22] | with some popcorn, right? | 就更赞了 对吧 |
[22:31] | You all right, hombre? | 你还好吗 伙计 |
[22:32] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[22:34] | Yeah, that popping startled me. | 那个爆裂声吓到了我 |
[22:36] | Never considered popcorn one of the scarier snack foods. | 从没想到爆米花会是最恐怖的小吃之一 |
[22:39] | What about that sound threw you off guard? | 还是那声音让你措手不及 |
[22:46] | What the hell is that? | 什么声音 |
[22:47] | It’s coming from over there. | 从那儿来的 |
[22:55] | What’s your problem? | 你怎么了 |
[22:58] | Toby! Cabe! | 托比 凯布 |
[22:59] | Mayday! Mayday! | 紧急呼叫 紧急呼叫 |
[23:01] | What the hell? | 发生了什么 |
[23:02] | Cabe, put in the comm. | 凯布 戴上通讯器 |
[23:04] | – What’s going on? – Ship sinking! | -怎么了 -船要沉了 |
[23:05] | Jellyfish bloom! | 水母成群 |
[23:06] | Walter and Happy trapped | 沃特和乐乐被困在 |
[23:07] | on a disintegrating trash island! | 一个正在瓦解的垃圾岛上 |
[23:09] | The radio is broken, | 无线电坏了 |
[23:11] | Coast Guard is too far off, and we need help! | 海岸警卫队离得太远 我们需要帮助 |
[23:13] | Give me the coordinates, I’ll start making calls. | 给我坐标 我来打电话 |
[23:34] | Okay, | 好了 |
[23:35] | getting ready. | 做好准备 |
[23:36] | Oh, boy. | 天呐 |
[23:37] | The boat is taking on a lot of water! | 船上的水越来越多了 |
[23:39] | Okay, Florence, ETA on the goop? | 弗洛伦斯 聚合物什么时候煮好 |
[23:41] | Once it liquefies. | 等它液化 |
[23:42] | ETA on the liquefying? | 那要多久液化 |
[23:43] | When it’s good and ready, | 时间到了自然就好了 |
[23:44] | and no amount of questioning is going to speed that along. | 问的再多它也快不了 |
[23:49] | You’re stressed. | 你有压力 |
[23:49] | That’s understandable. | 可以理解 |
[23:50] | This is your first Scorpion disaster. | 这是你第一次碰上天蝎灾难 |
[23:52] | – We’re used to it. – How do you know that I’m stressed? | -我们已经习惯了 -你怎么知道我有压力 |
[23:54] | Maybe this is how I normally act | 也许这就是我在一艘正在下沉的船上 |
[23:55] | when I’m synthesizing a polymer on a sinking ship. | 合成聚合物的正常表现 |
[23:59] | I assume | 我猜想 |
[23:59] | you apply polymer on strips of cloth, | 你要把聚合物涂在布条上 |
[24:03] | like papier-mâché. | 就像纸胶制品 |
[24:06] | That would be correct. | 没错 |
[24:07] | Okay. I will get to work on that. | 我去做准备 |
[24:09] | I’ll ballast the boat. | 我来让船保持稳定 |
[24:11] | Maybe a shift in the weight | 也许转变一下重量 |
[24:13] | will bring the hole out of the water. | 能让漏洞不再进水 |
[24:14] | Just working in a kitchen. | 在厨房里忙活 |
[24:16] | Standard Thanksgiving, right? | 感恩节标配啊 |
[24:18] | I’m not feeling very thankful. | 我可不心怀感恩 |
[24:19] | And I know that you’re just trying | 我知道 你是想把我的注意力 |
[24:20] | to take my mind off of the situation. | 从当前的危机引开 |
[24:22] | I am. Because I know working with | 没错 因为我知道 |
[24:24] | a team of geniuses can be trying. | 和一群天才共事 会很费劲 |
[24:26] | I’m seriously starting to doubt | 我真的开始怀疑 |
[24:27] | that anyone on this team is a genius. | 这个团队没有天才了 |
[24:30] | Excuse me, but a genius would have done the math | 不好意思 但天才本该考虑周全 |
[24:32] | to know that your product is jellyfish bait. | 想到自己的产品会引来水母 |
[24:34] | So, one, this is your fault. | 第一 这是你的错 |
[24:36] | And two, I am trying to be nice to you, | 第二 我努力对你友善 |
[24:38] | but I draw the line at you badmouthing my nerds. | 但你吐槽我的队员 我不能忍 |
[24:41] | Sly? | 希尔 |
[24:42] | What’s going on over there? | 船上怎么回事 |
[24:44] | Ladies are fighting. | 女士们在斗嘴 |
[24:46] | This predicament is not the fault of my product– | 陷入困境不是我产品的过错 |
[24:49] | which, by the way, is working like gangbusters. | 顺便说一句 我的产品相当管用 |
[24:51] | That plastic bound together | 塑料垃圾凝聚的速度 |
[24:53] | faster than any of you could calculate. | 超乎所有人的想象 |
[24:55] | Oh, oh, I didn’t see the Nobel Prize committee. | 诺贝尔评选委员会怎么没来呢 |
[24:57] | Maybe they’re stuck in the quadrillion jellyfish you attracted! | 可能是被你招来的万亿水母困住了吧 |
[25:00] | Oh, okay. Sorry, Miss… Perfect. | 好吧 抱歉 “完美女士” |
[25:03] | What? | 什么 |
[25:04] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[25:05] | The hot mom with the genius kid, dating the boss. | 有个天才儿子 还和团队老大交往的辣妈 |
[25:08] | It’s super easy to criticize when you’ve had it easy. | 你勾勾手就能得到一切 当然站着说话不腰疼了 |
[25:12] | I built a successful company out of nothing. | 我白手起家 打造出一家成功的企业 |
[25:16] | Then one lousy quarter | 结果某个季度收益不好 |
[25:17] | and the shareholders just voted me out. | 股东们就让我卷铺带走人 |
[25:19] | And now I’m clawing my way back | 我正努力重回巅峰 |
[25:20] | and I will not allow the bad luck | 我不允许住在天蝎团队隔壁的霉运 |
[25:22] | of being Scorpion’s neighbor to derail me. | 挡住我前进的步伐 |
[25:25] | I will also not allow someone to insult my work | 我也不允许有人诋毁我的的成果 |
[25:28] | after everything that I’ve put into it. | 其中倾注了我的心血 |
[25:30] | What do you even know | 你根本不懂什么叫做 |
[25:31] | about-about breaking your back to make it on your own? | 全心投入 自力更生 |
[25:35] | Someone’s about to get schooled. | 有人要被教育了 |
[25:38] | Let me tell you how easy I’ve had it. | 那我就告诉你 我这一切来得有多”容易” |
[25:40] | I’m a single mom. | 我是个单亲妈妈 |
[25:41] | My son and I have lived in rat-infested motels, | 我和我儿子曾住过老鼠肆虐的汽车旅馆 |
[25:43] | cold water apartments, | 只有冷水的公寓 |
[25:43] | and, for one week when he was three, my car. | 他三岁时 有一周甚至住在车里 |
[25:45] | I’ve had my butt grabbed by every creep in L.A. | 洛杉矶的变态们都捏过我的屁股 |
[25:48] | who thinks my ass comes with the blue plate special. | 他们觉得来吃份便宜套餐 就能占我便宜 |
[25:50] | And I insulted your work | 我诋毁你的成果 |
[25:51] | because you put my team in jeopardy, | 是因为你让我的团队陷入险境 |
[25:53] | and I wanted to hurt your feelings | 我想伤害你 |
[25:54] | because you’re being a jerk. | 是因为你表现得很混蛋 |
[26:00] | I believe we have liquification. | 液化完成了 |
[26:05] | Oh, there’s a lot of jellyfish. | 好多水母 |
[26:09] | Staring at them won’t tell us if this slop will protect us. | 盯着看没用 试不出这些脏油能否保护我们 |
[26:14] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[26:15] | Shove your arm in. | 把你胳膊伸进水里 |
[26:16] | You’re the boss. You shove your arm in. | 你是老大 把你的胳膊伸进去 |
[26:18] | The fact that you admitted that I’m the boss | 你都承认我是老大了 |
[26:19] | means that you should shove your arm in. | 我让你伸 你就得伸 |
[26:21] | This trash-raft is crumbling under us. | 我们脚下的”垃圾筏”在逐渐崩塌 |
[26:23] | We’re gonna be filled with venom in five minutes | 如果脏油不管用 |
[26:25] | if this doesn’t work, | 五分钟后 我们身上就会沾满毒液 |
[26:26] | so shove your damn arm in! | 赶紧把你胳膊伸进去 |
[26:31] | I don’t know how Toby does it. | 真不知道托比是怎么忍得了你的 |
[26:45] | Not a sting. Not even a tickle. | 没被刺 没有任何瘙痒感 |
[26:47] | For now. | 暂时而已 |
[26:47] | The water’s movement | 我们一下水 |
[26:48] | will start washing off this gunk as soon as we’re wet; | 废油就会被水流冲刷掉 |
[26:51] | we’ll be without protection in less than ten minutes. | 十分钟内 我们就会失去保护层 |
[26:53] | Then we’ll swim fast. | 那我们就游快点 |
[26:56] | Gonna be hard for a guy who didn’t focus on athletics. | 你这么不爱运动 对你来说想必很难办到 |
[27:04] | That’ll raise the hole a bit out of the water. | 这样就能把漏洞位置升高 减少进水量 |
[27:06] | Water will still slosh into the boat, | 海水还是会流进来 |
[27:08] | but at a slower rate, | 但流速会变慢 |
[27:09] | so… we’re still sinking. | 我们还是快沉船了 |
[27:12] | Sealant is done. | 密封剂做好了 |
[27:13] | Now all we have to do is lower it to Happy and Walter. | 我们现在只需把密封剂给乐乐和沃特递下去 |
[27:15] | Lower it? We can just patch it right here. | 递下去 我们只能在这里修补 |
[27:16] | If we patch it on the inside, | 如果我们在内部修补 |
[27:18] | the water pressure will make it pop out. | 水压会把补丁冲破 |
[27:19] | But if we patch it on the outside, | 但如果我们在外部修补 |
[27:21] | the water pressure will compress the patch to the hull, | 水压会压迫补丁贴向船体 |
[27:23] | making it stronger. | 修补得更严密 |
[27:24] | You hear that, Walt, Happy? | 听到了吧 沃特 乐乐 |
[27:25] | You’re going to work. | 你们有活儿干了 |
[27:44] | Came here to get plastic out of the ocean, | 本是来清理海里的塑料垃圾 |
[27:45] | now we’re lowering tar into it. | 结果现在反而往海里倾倒沥青 |
[27:51] | I am a skilled chemist… | 我是个经验丰富的化学家 |
[27:53] | but I am not a biologist. | 但我不是生物学家 |
[27:55] | So, it’s outside my scope of expertise | 我的产品会引来水母之事 |
[27:58] | to know that my product would attract the jellyfish. | 超出了我的知识范围 |
[28:03] | Probably should’ve thought of that before offering it up. | 向你们提议前 我早该想到这一点 |
[28:09] | I’m responsible for us being in this situation. | 我该为我们陷入困境一事负责 |
[28:12] | This is my attempt at an apology. | 这是我的道歉 |
[28:16] | And this is my acceptance of it. | 我接受了 |
[28:22] | Get that junk that they’ve lowered down | 你接住他们放下来的沥青 |
[28:24] | and I’ll grab that rope out of the hole. | 我从洞里把绳子拉出来 |
[28:34] | We really don’t have time for this. | 我们真的没多少时间了 |
[28:35] | The jellyfish | 那些水母 |
[28:36] | will know soon enough that we are not one of them. | 很快就会明白过来 我们不是它们的一员 |
[28:39] | If we don’t patch the hole, | 我们要是堵不上这个洞 |
[28:40] | we’re just climbing onto a sinking ship. | 爬上去这船也会沉的 |
[28:42] | But we should work fast, | 我们得麻利点 |
[28:43] | because I can feel them getting curious down there. | 我能感觉到下面的水母疑心越来越大了 |
[28:47] | This stuff is working like a charm! | 这东西效果超级好 |
[28:49] | How fast does it seal? | 要多久能封上 |
[28:50] | Within seconds of application. | 几秒钟就行 |
[28:53] | This is good stuff. | 真是个好东西 |
[28:54] | Nice work, Flo. | 干得漂亮 弗洛 |
[28:55] | Thank you. It’s Florence. | 谢谢 是弗洛伦斯 |
[28:59] | Big swell! | 这浪真大 |
[29:03] | Finish quickly, please. The jellies aren’t fooled anymore. | 求你快点 水母已经明白过来了 |
[29:07] | I think I just got stung. | 我刚刚好像被蛰了 |
[29:10] | Oh, okay, me, too. | 好吧 我也是 |
[29:12] | Okay. I’m done. | 好了 弄完了 |
[29:15] | Another swell… hold on. | 又一个大浪 抓住 |
[29:25] | Florence! | 弗洛伦斯 |
[29:33] | Help… me! Aah! | 救…我 |
[29:37] | You get on the boat! | 你上船 |
[29:38] | I’ll grab Florence! | 我去救弗洛伦斯 |
[29:43] | Happy! | 乐乐 |
[29:43] | Grab the ladder! Hurry! | 抓住梯子 快 |
[29:52] | You know, I’ve never really watched Walter swim before. | 我以前还真没见过沃特游泳 |
[29:55] | He focuses on research, not athletics. | 他专注于研究 不是体育运动 |
[29:57] | Walt, if she’s getting repeatedly stung, | 沃特 如果她一直反复被蛰 |
[29:59] | you’ve got about ten seconds before she goes into shock. | 那在她休克之前 你只有大约十秒钟 |
[30:04] | She’s going under! | 她在下沉 |
[30:10] | Hold on. | 挺住 |
[30:12] | I got you. | 抓到你了 |
[30:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:17] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[30:18] | My leg. One bad sting. | 我的腿被蛰得好狠 |
[30:19] | The boat should have a freshwater line. | 船上应该有个淡水管 |
[30:22] | Hose down her leg and then saturate the other two | 用水管冲她的腿 另外两人上来之后 |
[30:24] | once they’re on the deck. | 给他们冲全身 |
[30:30] | Guys? I don’t think Walt’s fish goop is helping much anymore. | 几位 我觉得沃特的鱼糊糊不再管用了 |
[30:34] | Cabe, if they don’t get Flo to a hospital fast, | 凯布 如果他们不能赶快送弗洛去医院 |
[30:36] | she could go into full anaphylaxis and die. | 她很可能发生全身型过敏反应然后死掉 |
[30:38] | Where’s the ride? | 救援在哪儿 |
[30:38] | It’s not like I’m ordering a pizza. | 我又不是在叫披萨 |
[30:40] | They’re in the middle of the ocean. | 他们在大洋深处 |
[30:41] | I’m pulling every string I can. | 我已经竭尽全力了 |
[30:42] | Then pull more! | 还不够 |
[30:49] | Cabe? | 凯布 |
[30:49] | Cabe! | 凯布 |
[30:50] | Where’d you just go? | 你走神到哪儿去了 |
[30:52] | Uh, no… nowhere. | 我没走神 |
[30:53] | Uh, sh-shut up, I’m fine. | 闭嘴 我没事 |
[31:04] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[31:06] | She has stings all over her. | 她全身都被蛰了 |
[31:09] | I’m gonna spray them down! | 我要把触手冲下来 |
[31:11] | Get off any bits of tentacles. | 要把所有的触手都弄下来 |
[31:12] | Those can sting even after | 就算触手脱离了水母 |
[31:13] | they’ve detached from the jellyfish. | 还是会蛰人的 |
[31:21] | And find vinegar. | 去找醋 |
[31:22] | I’ll check the galley. | 我去厨房里找找 |
[31:25] | Florence? Florence! Florence! | 弗洛伦斯 弗洛伦斯 弗洛伦斯 |
[31:29] | Toby, she’s in trouble. | 托比 糟糕了 |
[31:30] | Her breathing’s labored | 她呼吸困难了 |
[31:31] | and she’s pale, unresponsive. | 而且面色苍白 没有反应 |
[31:33] | Just pour the vinegar on her. | 把醋倒到她身上 |
[31:35] | Wrap her in blankets to keep her warm. | 用毯子把她围起来 给她保暖 |
[31:37] | I’ll get blankets! | 我去拿毯子 |
[31:38] | Vinegar. | 醋来了 |
[31:43] | Florence, stay with me. | 弗洛伦斯 保持清醒 |
[31:48] | You have multiple stings; | 你也有多处蛰伤 |
[31:49] | you need to save some of that for yourself. | 你得留一点给自己用 |
[31:51] | She needs it more than I do. | 她比我更需要这个 |
[31:52] | All right, I got a buddy | 好了 我从彭德尔顿 |
[31:54] | out of Pendleton that flies a medevac chopper. | 找了个开医疗直升机的人 |
[31:55] | She doesn’t have enough fuel to get there and back, | 她的油量不够一个来回 |
[31:57] | but if they meet her ten miles east, | 但如果他们往东十六公里和她碰头 |
[31:59] | she can get to the hospital. | 她就能飞到医院 |
[32:00] | We can’t move an inch east! | 我们一公分都动不了 |
[32:01] | Jellyfish have clogged our engines! | 水母卡住了引擎 |
[32:04] | Maybe we won’t have the jellyfish to deal with. | 或许我们不用解决掉水母 |
[32:06] | Cabe, give us the coordinates that we need to reach; | 凯布 给我我们需要到达的坐标 |
[32:08] | Sly, chart the course. | 希尔 设定航向 |
[32:09] | Chopper’s gonna be at 192 degrees north | 直升机会在北纬192度 |
[32:12] | by 87 degrees west | 西经87度 |
[32:13] | in 24 minutes. | 二十四分钟就到 |
[32:15] | She has enough time to hover and pick them up, | 她油量足够悬停接上他们 |
[32:18] | but if you’re not there, she turns for base. | 但如果你们没到 她就飞回基地了 |
[32:20] | Walter, how do you plan, exactly, to get this boat going? | 沃特 你到底打算怎么让船动起来 |
[32:22] | We need to light the ocean on fire. | 我们要点燃大洋 |
[32:24] | Douse the area around the engine with fuel. | 在引擎附近的海水里倒上燃料 |
[32:26] | It’ll light right above the jellyfish and scare ’em off. | 燃料会在水母上方点燃 把它们吓走 |
[32:28] | Letting us get the engines to full speed, | 还能让引擎全速推进 |
[32:30] | provided we don’t blow up the boat. | 前提是我们没把船炸上天 |
[32:32] | That is s risk. | 是有这个风险 |
[32:33] | Do it fast. | 快行动 |
[32:34] | Your patient doesn’t have any more time. | 病人没有多少时间了 |
[32:36] | Sly, Walt, fuel drum. | 希尔 沃特 去弄燃料桶 |
[32:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:40] | First we dump tar into the ocean, | 我们先是朝海里倒沥青 |
[32:42] | and now we are dumping fuel. | 现在又开始倒燃料 |
[32:43] | Greater good. If we save Florence, | 这是为了大善 如果我们救了弗洛伦斯 |
[32:45] | she’ll do more to preserve the environment with her scientific | 她就能做更多环保科研工作 |
[32:48] | work than the damage that we’re doing right now in this moment. | 来弥补我们此刻对环境的破坏 |
[32:53] | Don’t tell her I told you that. | 别告诉她我的话 |
[32:56] | You think this is gonna be enough? | 你觉得这些够了吗 |
[32:58] | Only one way to find out. | 实践是检验真理的唯一标准 |
[33:00] | Happy, need your Zippo. | 乐乐 打火机给我 |
[33:05] | Now, get back in the cabin and get ready. | 现在回船舱去做好准备 |
[33:06] | Oh, Happy, if I ignite, | 乐乐 如果我着火了 |
[33:09] | will you tell baby Walena I was a hero? | 你能告诉沃丽娜宝宝我是个英雄吗 |
[33:10] | It’s never gonna happen. | 绝不可能 |
[33:12] | What, me igniting, or you naming the baby after me? | 你是说我着火还是孩子以我命名 |
[33:14] | Don’t make me choose. | 别为难我了 |
[33:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:20] | How will we know if it worked? | 我们怎么知道是否成功了 |
[33:21] | If we don’t explode. Walt, light it up. | 只要没爆炸 沃特 点火 |
[33:38] | Happy, the flames are against the side of the boat. | 乐乐 船的这边燃起来了 |
[33:40] | We have to get out of here. | 快离开这里 |
[33:42] | You heard him. | 你听见他的话了 |
[33:43] | I need to make sure that the jellies move away from the engine. | 我要确定水母已经离开了引擎 |
[33:45] | When?! | 要等到何时 |
[33:46] | Now. She’s not doing well. | 快走 她情况不妙 |
[33:47] | Happy, start the damn engine! | 乐乐 快发动引擎 |
[33:50] | Happy! | 乐乐 |
[33:52] | Uh, she’s not turning over. | 船还没好 |
[33:54] | This is not happening. | 不是吧 |
[33:56] | Happy, the boat’s starting to burn. | 乐乐 船要烧起来了 |
[33:59] | This was supposed to be my vacation day! | 今天本来该我休假 |
[34:04] | Okay, hold tight. | 好 抓紧了 |
[34:10] | We’ll have you on a medevac in just a few minutes, okay? | 我们几分钟后就带你上医疗直升机 好吗 |
[34:13] | Just hold on. | 坚持住 |
[34:26] | Okay, glad to hear. | 好 很高兴听到这个消息 |
[34:29] | Florence has made a full recovery. | 弗洛伦斯已经完全恢复 |
[34:32] | Hospital’s releasing her. | 准备出院了 |
[34:33] | Great news. I’ll go pick her up. | 真是好消息 我去接她 |
[34:35] | Okay. More great news. | 好了 好事成双 |
[34:36] | Satellite images show the garbage island | 卫星图像显示垃圾岛 |
[34:38] | is almost fully dissolved. | 差不多完全分解了 |
[34:41] | I won’t wear this apron, | 我不想穿围裙 |
[34:42] | and I really should not be the one checking on the food. | 而且真的不该由我来看着食物 |
[34:44] | I don’t cook, I reheat. | 我不会做饭 只会加热 |
[34:46] | I’ll finish up the turkey, | 我来做火鸡 |
[34:48] | but could you please keep it down? | 但能请你小声点吗 |
[34:50] | They’re still in the trailer. | 他们还在拖车里 |
[34:52] | Right. Forgot. | 对 我忘了 |
[34:55] | Doctor is in. | 医生在里面 |
[34:57] | Bunch of things sent you into space today. | 今天你因为很多事走了神 |
[34:59] | One time during a very critical moment in the case. | 有一次还是发生在一个紧要关头 |
[35:01] | You want that to happen again? | 你还想事故重演吗 |
[35:03] | It was a momentary lapse. | 那只是一时恍惚 |
[35:04] | No, it wasn’t. | 不是的 |
[35:06] | You know that. | 你也清楚 |
[35:07] | You’re having memory triggers. | 你在触发记忆 |
[35:09] | I think you’re starting to remember | 我认为你回忆起了 |
[35:11] | what really happened the night your father died. | 你父亲去世那晚的真实情景 |
[35:13] | I told you what really happened. | 我告诉过你真实情景 |
[35:15] | What was that, again? | 再说一遍 |
[35:17] | Damn it, Doc, the-the cops came to the door | 见鬼 医生 警察上门来 |
[35:19] | and they gave us the news. | 通知我们消息 |
[35:21] | And then your mom stopped her mopping. | 然后你妈妈停下了拖地 |
[35:23] | There was popcorn popping, and what else? | 除了爆米花还有什么 |
[35:26] | Why does there have to always be something else? | 为什么总得有些别的东西 |
[35:28] | My mom, she took care of me. | 我妈妈 她安抚我 |
[35:31] | She hugged me, | 拥抱我 |
[35:32] | she told me everything was gonna be okay. | 告诉我一切都会好起来 |
[35:34] | She put some calamine lotion on my neck… | 她在我脖子上抹了些炉甘石乳液… |
[35:37] | You hadn’t mentioned that before. | 你之前没提到这个 |
[35:38] | Why’d she put calamine lotion on your neck? | 她为什么要在你脖子上抹炉甘石乳液 |
[35:41] | ‘Cause of the blanket that the cops gave me. | 因为警察给了我一条毯子 |
[35:43] | It was… it was wool, and I had a reaction to it. | 那是…羊毛毯 我有些过敏 |
[35:45] | Why did the cops give you a blanket? | 警察为什么要给你毯子 |
[35:47] | Because it was cold that night. | 因为那晚很冷 |
[35:49] | Well, you were in your house. | 你当时在自己家里 |
[35:52] | Right. I was, uh… | 对 我… |
[35:57] | I was at the house, uh… | 我在家里… |
[35:59] | The cops must have brought me back there afterwards. | 警察一定是事后把我带回去的 |
[36:01] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[36:02] | Brought you back from where? | 从哪里带你回去的 |
[36:09] | The bodega. | 杂货店 |
[36:15] | My God, I was at the bodega. | 我的天 我当时在杂货店 |
[36:35] | Money in the bag, or you’re dead! | 要钱还是要命 |
[36:48] | I froze. | 我愣住了 |
[36:51] | I was there… I saw the guy… | 我在那之前已经看见了那个人… |
[36:58] | I should have said something sooner, | 我要是早点说出来 |
[37:00] | and he’d still be alive. | 他就不会死 |
[37:02] | Cabe, the only person responsible for your father’s death | 凯布 唯一对你父亲的死有责任的 |
[37:05] | is the man who shot him, not you. | 是开枪的男人 而不是你 |
[37:07] | No, I froze. | 不 我愣住了 |
[37:10] | I was responsible. | 我有责任 |
[37:11] | You were a child. | 你只是个孩子 |
[37:13] | Children don’t stop men with guns. | 孩子可阻止不了持枪犯 |
[37:16] | Children make up stories, and you made up one. | 孩子会编故事 你就编了一个 |
[37:19] | Perfectly popped popcorn and wonderful pine scents, | 美妙的爆米花和松木香味 |
[37:22] | and this impossibly picturesque loss of a father. | 还有这个出奇生动的父亲之死 |
[37:27] | Your story was so damn good, you believed it as an adult. | 你的故事编得太好了 以至于成年后还坚信不疑 |
[37:32] | You were just trying to protect | 你只是想要保护 |
[37:33] | this nine-year-old version of you, | 那个九岁时的你 |
[37:35] | because, deep down, you blame yourself, | 因为在内心身处 你责怪自己 |
[37:39] | because you were only nine years old. | 因为你当时只有九岁 |
[37:42] | You were nine, Cabe. | 你当时才九岁 凯布 |
[37:44] | So now you’re 59. | 你现在59岁了 |
[37:45] | Why don’t you stop beating up on that little kid? | 不如别再责怪那个小孩子了 |
[37:53] | Why is all this stuff coming up now? | 为什么这一切现在才浮现 |
[37:56] | Why now? | 为什么是现在 |
[37:58] | Because you think if you get sent to jail, | 因为你觉得如果你被送进监狱 |
[37:59] | you’ll be failing us, | 你就会令我们失望 |
[38:00] | like you think you failed your father. | 就像你觉得你令你父亲失望一样 |
[38:03] | You think you need to protect us, | 你觉得你需要保护我们 |
[38:04] | like you thought you needed to protect your father. | 就像你当时觉得你需要保护你父亲一样 |
[38:07] | And that’s why you haven’t been coming around much | 所以过去的几周里 你都没怎么出现 |
[38:08] | the past few weeks– guilt. | 因为内疚 |
[38:12] | Cabe, you did not fail your father, | 凯布 你没令你父亲失望 |
[38:15] | and you’re not failing us. | 也没令我们失望 |
[38:17] | You’ve taken care of us for a long time. | 你照顾了我们这么久 |
[38:22] | Now it’s time to let us take care of you. | 现在该轮到我们来照顾你了 |
[38:34] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[38:37] | It was good. I’m better. | 很好 我好多了 |
[38:42] | Well, you helped cook this slop, | 你帮忙煮了这只鸡 |
[38:44] | so your work is done here, old man. | 所以你的任务完成了 老头子 |
[38:46] | I’ll make sure, uh, you get a drumstick. | 我会保证你得到鸡腿的 |
[38:50] | How about we take a load off? | 不如我们卸下重担吧 |
[38:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:00] | How is he? | 他怎么样 |
[39:01] | It was a rough therapy session, | 治疗过程很艰难 |
[39:03] | but he’ll be all right. | 但是他会没事的 |
[39:05] | He just needs us. | 他只是需要我们 |
[39:13] | Oh, hey, uh, while I have a moment… | 趁我现在有时间 |
[39:15] | Say the word “Walena”– | 说沃丽娜吧 |
[39:16] | and it’s a word, not a name– | 那是个词 不是名字 |
[39:17] | you get yams down your pants. | 你就是在往裤子里塞红薯 |
[39:24] | Hey, I just wanted to apologize | 我只是想道歉 |
[39:26] | for harping on about the name of your future offspring. | 因为我一直在唠叨你未来孩子的名字 |
[39:30] | Okay. | 那好 |
[39:31] | It’s just, I, uh, I don’t know if I’ll ever have children. | 只是 我不知道我会不会生孩子 |
[39:34] | It’s not something that I thought about. | 这是我没想过的事 |
[39:36] | You know, until Ralph came around, | 直到拉尔夫出现 |
[39:38] | and then I, you know, | 然后我 |
[39:39] | I thought I might not be such a terrible parent. | 我想我可能也不是个糟糕的爸爸 |
[39:41] | Which is not something that’s been discussed with Paige. | 这事我并没有佩吉讨论过 |
[39:43] | It’s not really appropriate yet. | 暂时还不太合适 |
[39:45] | But you and Toby, I hired you. | 但是你和托比 是我雇你们来的 |
[39:48] | You wouldn’t know each other if it wasn’t for me. | 如果不是因为我 你们俩都不认识对方 |
[39:53] | So if you had a child, | 所以如果你们有孩子的话 |
[39:54] | it would just be something that I… | 那会是一件 |
[39:57] | I’d take a lot of pride in. | 令我感到非常自豪的事 |
[40:01] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[40:02] | You’ve touched my heart. | 你的话触动了我的心 |
[40:05] | “Walter” is on the list. | 沃特加入候选名单 |
[40:08] | Just don’t tell Toby. | 别告诉托比就行了 |
[40:12] | Ralph, can you help her to her seat? | 拉尔夫 你能帮她拉拉椅子吗 |
[40:14] | Carefully. | 小心点 |
[40:22] | There she is, the chemist of the hour. | 她来了 大化学家 |
[40:24] | How you feeling, Flo? | 你觉得怎么样 弗洛 |
[40:26] | Um, it’s Florence. | 是弗洛伦斯 |
[40:27] | Uh, I-I feel tired. | 我觉得很累 |
[40:29] | But I’m glad to be alive, | 但是很高兴能活着 |
[40:30] | due to your efforts. | 这都归功于你们 |
[40:34] | I’ve said unkind things to you. | 我对你们说了一些刻薄的话 |
[40:38] | They were not deserved. | 那些话我不该说 |
[40:40] | So I will endeavor to be a better neighbor. | 所以我会尽力做一个更友好的邻居 |
[40:50] | What is… what’s this? | 这是什么 |
[40:51] | New flasks, to replace the ones I broke. | 新烧瓶 替换我打坏的那些 |
[40:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:57] | You’re not the problem urchin I thought you were. | 你不是我所想的那种问题小孩 |
[41:01] | So, while I’m glad that she’s okay, | 在我很高兴她没事的同时 |
[41:03] | I’m still not sure about her. | 我对她还是不能确定 |
[41:04] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[41:06] | I’m gonna give her a chance, and I think you should, too. | 我会给她一个机会 我想你也应该 |
[41:09] | All right, everybody ready to shove food in our gullets or what? | 好了 大家准备好把食物塞进食道里了没 |
[41:12] | No, no, not yet. | 没 还没 |
[41:14] | Tradition dictates that Dad sits at the head of the table. | 根据传统 爸爸要坐在餐桌主位 |
[41:17] | And, from what I’ve gleaned from Norman Rockwell paintings… | 我从诺曼·洛克威尔的作品中得知 |
[41:26] | …he carves. | 爸爸要负责分食 |
[41:43] | I’ve realized recently that I’ve been | 我最近发现 |
[41:46] | messing a bit with my memories. | 我一直在扰乱我的记忆 |
[41:50] | Been rewriting ’em over the years. | 这么多年来 我一直在修改记忆 |
[41:55] | I’m not gonna do that anymore. | 我不会再这么做了 |
[41:59] | And it’s okay, ’cause I got a great girl | 没事的 因为我有个好伴侣 |
[42:04] | and I’ve got great friends. | 我有一群好友 |
[42:08] | No matter what the future holds for me, | 无论未来会遇到些什么 |
[42:11] | I want to remember this moment right now | 我想要记住现在这一刻 |
[42:15] | exactly as it is. | 完完全全地记住 |
[42:19] | ‘Cause to have you all in my life, | 因为我的生命中有你们 |
[42:22] | I am truly thankful. | 我真心感激 |
[42:26] | Hear, hear! | 说得好 |